1.07/5

Need a utility company?

Arizona

Need a utility company?

118 Arizona Public Service Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 5, 2019

I moved out of the APS service area in Feb 2019. I was owed a refund of $472 and told the refund would be issued March 18. I waited and waited. April came around and I never received the check. I called APS and was told they’d treat it as a lost check, which consisted of them cancelling the check and mailing another. I waited and waited. May came around and I still had not received a check. I called AGAIN and was told they’d cancel the check and mail another. Now it’s June and... You guessed it! I still have not received a check!!!! I’m fed up of course. I know things sometimes get lost in the mail, but to get lost 3 times?! I’m not buying that AT ALL!

Now I’m getting the runaround trying to get a 4th check issued! I’ve been back and forth on the phone since Friday and have had no results. So far they have not approved for another check to be issued. I asked if they could maybe send it certified or with delivery confirmation since the checks have “vanished” 3 times already. If I owed them $472, I would’ve received a tons of notifications in the mail by now but the money that APS owes me mysteriously never shows up. This is absolutely ridiculous!!

Original review: May 20, 2019

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I apparently had 2 late payments totally less than $3.00 and now they want a 250 deposit from me or they will turn off my electric. Are you kidding me?? I pay my bill every month. I'm not sure how I missed the $3 but this is ridiculous that they can turn my electric off over $3 buck! Is this true? If I pay only the electric bill and not the deposit they have the right to turn off my electric??

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2019

This evening I came home to no power, however I paid the bill. Called the company and was told they had added a new deposit. However that amount was not listed in my current bill. An additional 350.00 had to be paid before my service was restored. When I called the credit company that they insisted that they sent me the bill. That was not the case. I had the bill. I scanned it to them. There was nothing indicating that I need to pay this additional deposit. Their customer service is not up to par. It's a good thing that I have to file a complaint because they were really trying to do it again continuously at these deposits. I’ve been in this property for more than four years now and in the four years I’ve had to pay three separate deposit which makes no sense. They need to be stopped.

Original review: April 5, 2019

So I get an email saying my bill is 500.00 due in 2 weeks on top of what I had already paid. Why? Because they had been charging me for the wrong meter since I moved into my new place. I would not have known this unless I called in. They also had all my historical information erased. It magically came back when I called in. I still don't know what the graph is for. Is it for my supposed new meter? I asked for them to break it down for me by sending me an itemized bill explaining how 500.00 dollars in new charges is justified. They said they can't. So they made a huge mistake, and they can't even do me this service? I filed a report with the ACC. I wish I didn't have to deal with this ripoff company APS. It really sucks they have a monopoly over power here.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I hate this company and their annual outrageous increases. So glad to see they're finally being investigated and no surprise. They've bought a bunch of the money hungry lousy politicians off here in our great state. Last week after 25 years of being a great customers we came home from work to a dark house (Thank God it wasn't mid-summer, I have big dog and two cats) with no idea what could be happening? Checked fuses, etc... Turns out since they just decided to add a $500 deposit to our bill for being late (we usually pay these thieves in two pmts, never an issue before) they shut our electricity off for $60! We'd just paid them $800!

When I asked the due date to ensure this wouldn't happen again, they said it fluctuates! How can you pay on time without a set due date? And when I asked when the next bill was due they told me the following Monday! So another $235 out of my account in a matter of minutes! I hate APS. I hope all of their top people go to jail for their crooked, immoral and obscene business practices. Looking to move to a different hood to get away from these dirtbags.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arizona Public Service?

Original review: March 13, 2019

APS in the White Mountains of Arizona has been the biggest headache and hassle of my life. They expect certain documents provided prior to turning on your electric, yet they do not have a customer service location to present these documents. Everything is handled online or via text/e_mail. Then the ID is not legible enough through email. Or they need a lease with a start and end date, when in fact we own the property. Instead of having an office to submit these documents or actually lifting a finger and them going online to verify with the assessor's office which would take approx 2 minutes to verify who owns the property, they spend days texting back and forth saying our documents aren't sufficient enough to proceed.

It has been a two month nightmare. I despise the fact that they can monopolize the area. I would be totally fine with choosing a different company. Yet monopolies don't work for the people. It's not too easy to just up and move to another company's territory. It makes me ashamed of being an American. APS truly sucks. What ever happened to true customer service? I suggest anyone moving to the area should seek out Navopache Electric territory. Avoid APS at all costs.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

When times are tough, SRP proposes a decrease. APS just continues to take advantage of their customers. This company sickens me. APS claims to assist seniors or individuals on low income and work with their customers. I do not know of their charitable contributions to society, only reviews and comments like mine. Inevitably, what goes around, comes around. Worst company ever.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I honestly do not know how they continue to get away with what they do! Members of their Board are paying a pretty penny to someone to continue being crooks. This is nothing other than a corporate mafia and the state turns a blind eye to it. Somehow your usage goes down and yet your bill goes up - seems a little janky to me? I have never had a company make my blood boil as badly as this one does. I can't wait to see the day their executives rot in prison for their absolute scrupulous practices. Why is it that SRP doesn't charge these astronomical fees and why in the heck does it cost $180+ in fees before I ever touch an bit of electricity? Do yourself a favor and avoid APS areas to live in. Can't wait to move out of it.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

My mother had APS. Her bill was high and she couldn’t pay the full amount. My mother was on a fixed income and struggled during the summer months to pay this outrageous bill. When she wasn’t answering her phone or emails we sent out the sheriff to her home for a wellness check on her. The sheriff had found her deceased. The coroner told us that there was no power in her house.

Upon further research they had shut off her electricity on September 7, the last time any contact was made. She wasn’t able to pay the whole bill and for $51 dollars my mother lost her life. The coroner brought her in as a heat related death. We couldn’t find any disconnection notice on her door so we’re not sure if my mother knew her electric was being disconnected or if it was a power outage. It was 107 degrees the day they shut off her electric and ended her life. We are heartbroken and there is not much we can do about this. I can just write a review and tell everyone not to use this company ever!! Use solar panels or anything to prevent these crooks from getting your money. Call your representatives and demand changes. No one should lose their life over $51.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I have been a resident of Phoenix for over 10 years. I regret moving into an APS district. $130 in fees before I use any electricity. The new times for prime usage of 3 to 8 pm are cruel to any working family in the valley. Charged an additional deposit after paying late twice in a 12 month period. Their customer service reps are cold and rude. It's a monopoly. I'd rather deal with the cartel than this company!!! I feel rage with every bill received and every check written. SRP charges so much less. I am building a home outside of Maricopa County and it will be off the grid! Thank you APS for inspiring me to modify my lifestyle!

Arizona Public Service Company Information