1.01/5
Based on 75 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Arizona Public Service

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 27, 2017

78 Arizona Public Service Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I have lived in Arizona going on a year now. Never in my 45 years of living in NY have I been ripped off by my utility company. I had called APS well over 2 months ago complaining about my broken meter. They lied to me and said that day someone would be at my residence to fix my meter. My bills are out of control. Every month my bill keeps going up which I had also questioned them. "How are you coming up with any reading if my meter is broken." They answered me very rudely and said "that's what we have read" and to pay my bill immediately or they will shut off my electric.

First of all I told them, "you sent me a bill with an estimated reading for June while my meter is broken" and then in July it said actual meter reading for June which had the same amount as their estimated reading. They must be psychics because I have never heard of no such thing!!! It's now end of September going to be October soon and my meter is still broken. What kind of electric company runs this way??? I have also emailed my complaint to them. What do I have to do to get my meter fixed and I know I've been getting ripped off by them!!! Who's going to stop this company from ignoring their customers!!! I will get a lawyer if my situation is not resolved within the next week!!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

So I am a new APS customer. I tried to do Autopay and thought it would be taken care of without me writing a check. Ha Ha. They didn't debit the account so sent me a bill saying they would debit TWO months next time. OK. Fine. Only they didn't. They shut off the power instead. And said they put a "door hanger" warning me of shutoff. NEVER GOT IT. So, power went off while workmen were putting in a floor. Had to go to Walmart, pay APS because there is NO office here. Nasty customer service. Said I wanted to appeal the shutoff fee. Well guess what? The fee, $27.70, appears on the next bill. Not my fault. It's theirs, but I have to pay or they charge a late fee, or a shutoff fee, or some other dumb charge. So I canceled Autopay. Guess what? This month's bill says, "We will debit your account". I am certain if I write a check they will also debit the bank anyway. You cannot win with APS.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

This is a huge company that has monopolized entire region. Most of us are forced to use this company with dishonest business practices. We have never been late, accidentally missed sending payment in so go online to pay, won't even let us pay amount because there is now an extra $500.00 DUE!? (Bill due 8/11) and mind you we are barely 2 weeks late and they are making us pay them an extra 500.00 when they gave us no notice of there being a late payment or a fee... we have had so many awful experiences with them, truly an evil company and would give our business to anyone before them. Please Arizona give consumers options!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

There are 2 sections in our apartment complex with 2 different addresses. I have lived here for 14 years. A resident in the other section of the complex put my address when turning on her APS... (Found this out later). I came home from work one day and my electricity had been turned off. This was in August in Arizona and my 3 dogs had been in the house ALL day without air. I had been paying extra on my bills so I knew for sure that I had a credit. My apartment manager called APS with me sitting there and basically they said 'OOPS, we made a mistake.'

The representative actually told me it was MY fault because I should have paid attention after I hadn't received a bill for that month. I never got an apology and she actually said 'Well, at least we won't charge you for the reconnection fee because it wasn't your fault.' ARE YOU SERIOUS!!? So with a $60 credit I just received 3 bills: $129, $325 and $380... This is for a 1 bedroom 800 sq foot and for 2 months of service... So if someone wants to use your address to turn on their APS, then your service will get shut off when they don't pay the bill??? I WANT TO SUE!!! How do I do that when they are my only option?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

The billing itself is very questionable. I have filed multiple complaints with the corporate commission only to FINALLY get some help from someone to re-adjust my bill (they know it's possible but they won't do it for you until you escalate it). BUT that doesn't solve the problem itself; APS is scamming customers every month with its ridiculous service fees. How are you going to charge a service fee on top of a meter fee and a meter reading fees (IS THAT NOT PART OF YOUR SERVICE FEE?). This is the first time in my life living in Arizona, where I have had to utilize APS and dear god, I wish I never moved. I regret my decision.

My bill every month is literally just their fees. My electric usage is way less than what they charge me just for being their customer. Every time I call, I always get the same answer from CSR, "We can't help you." I got on the discount program, a whopping $30 discount (doesn't even cover their service charge which is $60). If there was a way to switch, that would have been done already. GTFO out APS grids. DO NOT make the unfortunate mistake of moving into an APS area.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arizona Public Service?

Original review: July 20, 2017

Of course when you face a business that has a monopoly over an area, your choices are pay or pound sand. That's the case with Arizona Public Service. I have a 1300 Sqft home and I USED to live in a 1300 sqft apartment with SRP. Highest bill I EVER had with SRP was about 90 bucks. The last two months I've owed APS 700 dollars collectively. What. The. Hell. I PRAY SRP somehow reached my neighborhood. I'm considering going stone age or buying a flipping generator for my house that I'll GLADLY Crank for hours, just to avoid this company's exuberant charges. Crazy. If you can choose between APS and SRP, Go with SRP. APS is a joke and they don't give two **.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I lived previously on the East Coast NY and VA. Never paid so much in electric bills until I came to AZ. (Understand summer heat). I do think APS is just charging rates and additional charges that is unrealistic. Why billed for all these charges:

Customer account charge, Delivery service charge, Demand charge on-peak - delivery, Environmental benefits surcharge, Federal environmental improvement surcharge, System benefits adjustment, System benefits charge, Power supply adjustment, Metering, Meter reading, Billing, Generation of electricity on-peak, Generation of electricity off-peak, Demand charge on-peak - generation, Federal transmission and ancillary services, Federal transmission cost adjustment, Four-Corners adjustment, LFCR adjuster. And now taxes and fees -- Regulatory assessment, State sales tax, County sales tax, City sales tax and Franchise fee. One more - Service establishment charge. Welcome to AZ. Who says the cost of electricity in USA is reasonable...

Original review: July 15, 2017

Over the years, as a homeowner in the same residence for 22 years and the owner of several commercial buildings, I've had the misfortune of having to use APS as my utility provider. My latest encounter with the monopoly was with my personal utility bill. I have been on the equalizer program for several years. I recently installed two new super-efficient AC heat pumps, which dramatically lowered my bills. I asked APS to adjust my equalizer payment but they only do that after many months of experience, so they refused to do it in advance. Over the period of 4 or 5 months, I built up a credit of nearly $2,000 at which point I called and asked for an adjustment to the payment, which, of course, they refused to do. I asked them to apply the credit to the current month so I didn't have to pay and was told they would do so. I asked my bank to suspend that month's payment. I did the same the next month at which point I received a disconnect warning.

Remember, at this point, they still have over $1,000 of my money and I've never paid late in at least a decade. They refused to use the credit, saying it was needed for the equalizer. They refused to change the equalizer payment. So, in order to use the credit, I had to cancel the equalizer. They charged my account a $25.00 late fee for having over $1,000 in credit. I'm not making this up. Now, I can't go on equalizer for 12 months, since I cancelled it. I swear to God that the hour, not the day, that any other utility, regardless of the cost of electricity, becomes available to serve my address, I'm switching. I truly hate the apathy of APS and the idiocy of their policies. Any other business with the attitude would be out of business by now. I'm getting quotes for solar now and hope to make them buy from me soon. APS is quite truly the worst utility provider on the face of planet Earth.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Opened an account about 30 days ago. Never received a bill, but instead received a Shut Office Notice. I spent hours on telephone on hold and all they did is charged me $600 and promised me that they would start sending bills. Who knows if they are telling the truth. I've had electric service in about half a dozen major cities across the country, but have never experience anything like this. Worse than any third world country.

Original review: July 13, 2017

So my electricity bill is $404. But over half of that is FEES. I don't understand why there is no other power companies that I can switch to in Phoenix. It's APS or nothing. Solar is not the answer because you're still connected to the grid - and that grid is APS - so the FEES are still there. I don't have Solar, but I would not be surprised one bit if APS billed people with Solar ADDITIONAL Fees for using Solar. So just to prove I'm not crazy, here are the numbers from my last APS bill. I did round out the numbers to keep it simple.

Customer Account Charge - $8 - OK - That sounds fair - gotta cover operating costs. Delivery Service Charge = $60 - I would think that is part of the core service APS provides. Demand Delivery Charge = $23 - Really! All the power is DELIVERED over the same lines. Environmental Benefits Charge = $12 - For what - that APS's cost of doing business. Federal Environment Improvement Charge = $1 - And a Charge for a Charge??? Systems Benefit Charge = $12 - What are System Benefits... The delivery of Power I PAY For?

Metering Fee = $6 - OK - Wouldn't Metering the power be part of THEIR cost as a business? Meter Reading Fee = $2 - Wouldn't the Meter fee cover the Reading of it? Billing Fee = $2 - I thought my Customer Account fee would cover the billing? Generation ON PEAK POWER = $36 - OK - That's the power I used - Agree. Generation OFF PEAK POWER = $82 - OK - That's the power I used - Agree. Demand Charge On Peak POWER = $45 - OK - That's the power I used on my plan - Agree.

Federal Transmission & Ancillary Services - $22 - What's this... Thought I already paid a Delivery Fee. Federal Transmission Cost Adjustment = $38 - So the FIRST Fed Trans Ancil fee wasn't enough?? Four-Corners Adjustment Fee - $6 - Whats this??? Four corners of what? LFCR Adjustor Fee = $8 - Huh??? Regulatory Assessment Fee = $1 - Assessing what? State Sales TAX = $20 - OK - Guess ya gotta pay tax. County Sales Tax = $3. City Sales Tax = $10 - Franchise Fee = $7. TOTALS!! Total Bill = $404. Total Fees = $201 - Unbelievable! Total Tax = $40. Total Cost to generate power = $163.

Just for fun. How a $2 Big Mac becomes a $4.90 Big Mac. Customer Account Charge - $.50 - For me walking into McDonalds & being a customer. Delivery Service Charge = $.25 - For having to bring the Big Mac to the counter so I can HAVE it. Demand Delivery Charge = $.25 - For having to bring the Big Mac to the counter because I ORDERED it. Environmental Benefits Charge = $.25 - Because McDonalds decided to be environmentally conscious. Federal Environment Improvement Charge = $.10 - For McDonalds deciding to be environmentally conscious. Systems Benefit Charge = $.25 - For me being able to order a Big Mac.

Metering Fee = $.25 - Because they have to count the Big Macs they bring to the counter. Meter Reading Fee = $.10 - Because someone at McDonalds will then have to read the Big Mac Count. Billing Fee = $.10 - The cashier ringing my order up on the register. Generation OFF PEAK POWER = $.75 - Making my Big Mac. Generation ON PEAK POWER = $.75 - Having to make my Big Mac during the Lunch time rush. Demand Charge On Peak POWER = $.50 - Because I ordered a Big Mac during the lunch time rush.

Federal Transmission & Ancillary Services - $.25 - Fee for providing parking & the seating inside. Federal Transmission Cost Adjustment = $.25 - Additional fees for the door I open to get in & the Bathrooms. Four-Corners Adjustment Fee - $.10 - For wrapping the Big Mac & putting it under the heatlamp. LFCR Adjustor Fee = $.25 - just an extra fee because they can.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I sit and use candles, hardly EVER any lights. I have a 3-level condominium and have my air set at 85-86 degrees and sit and suffer in this heat, only to find out that over HALF of my bill is in FEES!!! Delivery service charge GOES UP every month, and in fact, there are 14 FEES, not including the Taxes and Fees for state, county, city, franchise, regulatory assessment. In June 2016, over $100 was FEES ONLY. I am totally dissatisfied, as are MOST people here and it is totally apparent that nobody is going to do anything about these fees, and those who can obviously are getting FAT at our expense, meaning they are making too much money to care or do anything about the fees. I am sitting in a HOT house because I can't afford to pay APS' fees. I'm looking at my bill for Jan 2017, my USAGE is only $52.39 but my bill is $121.60. OVER HALF MY BILL. That is totally unfair that the fees are so high.

Original review: June 13, 2017

At the same residence for over 18 years and always paid bills on time. Last week I receive a letter that my account is late on payment after they just cashed check and my electric is being turned off this week. The absolute nerve of these people and we also were on Equalizer program, which they took us off. Called and lady was nice and couldn't believe this happened to me, and offered to put us back on program and now I check and see it's not eligible. Wish there was another electric company to go with, but we are stuck with these uncaring people.

Original review: June 12, 2017

We have solar and feel that we are being used and abused by APS. They take the energy we create and discount it and then charge us $50 dollars in fees and taxes and adjustments. This is outrageous and why when many of our residents in the area of retired and living on low income budgets they get away with charging these outrageous fees. This is ridiculous and APS should have to pay some of these junk fees back to consumers.

Original review: May 4, 2017

Being new to APS we were astounded by our bill for electricity usage, we tried to figure out where we could conserve more to lower our monthly usage/cost. Looking closer at the bill we realized that we'd only used 338kwh which equaled $19.94 in usage, the remaining $32.17 are fees & taxes. APS said, "When you buy milk you don't just pay the cow." What?? So I called the Utility Commissioner & she said, "What do you want me to do, write a complaint that you don't like seeing all those listed fees?" I said, "No, I appreciate the transparency but in seeing it I cannot believe the taxes and fees far outweigh the cost of the actual utility usage! I understand there are fees & taxes but nowhere else do I see them to this degree!" Who is holding them accountable because the Utility Commissioner I spoke with 100% defends this practice! SHAME APS & the AZ Utility Commission!

Original review: May 2, 2017

I had the same experience as the last person who wrote a review for APS. I also have two clients that had the same thing happen with their payments. I paid my bill online, the same way I have for 3 years at the same address with the same banking information that they had stored in their system. Well, apparently, they changed my account number and this created a problem for them getting the money from my bank. I received a notice that my payment was returned, which is strange, because I didn't change my banking information. I logged in to pay my bill again... this time I had to enter new payment information... but instead of the amount that I previously paid, they wanted to charge a fee for my "returned check." I called customer service and the man I spoke to had no sympathy, claiming I must have entered my information incorrectly. I didn't enter my information, it was the saved info in their system. The fee was to stay in place.

I requested that a supervisor call me. A few hours later, I had the same argumentative conversation with the supervisor. Then, she asked me to read her my banking info... I asked her to tell me what information she had, but she would not, nor would she send it to me by email. It doesn't matter what numbers I gave her, she would have been able to say, "Oh, you mistyped your account #." APS does not care about their customer service, why should they. It's not like you have a choice of some other provider. You are stuck with them if you live in their service area. They have no reason to care. I'm moving in a month to an area that is serviced by another company. Hopefully, I will never need to be an APS customer again in my life. I have always had a less than pleasant experience with APS, but this one takes the cake. They change their system, and collect fees from thousands of their customers. Brilliant.

Original review: May 1, 2017

Prior to leaving the residence in Sedona, I contacted APS with turn off notice and request for a final bill to be sent to my newest residence in Cortez CO. The individual with whom I spoke to as a follow up to my request confirmed my new residence address, indicated I would be getting a check from APS for $155. This conversation took place the first week in April. I was assured the check would be processed within the next ten business days -- On or about 04/23/17. On Friday, 04/28/17, after checking my mail and finding no check from APS, I returned my call to APS to confirm when the check was issued, what address was used to send this check to, and since I had yet to receive any refund to date from APS, what would be the logical next step.

They offered to reissue the check but that would take time and I wanted to have this expedited. I will call them tomorrow and determine if they can perform an electronic deposit into my account; if successful, they can then put a stop payment on the "lost" check. I doubt they will be receptive to this idea, but unless the check appears in today's mail, there is no alternative but the canceled and reissued check. I DO NOT HAVE AN ORDER NUMBER. MY Account number is **. This is a terrible inconvenience to one who lives on a fixed and limited income. I doubt they would be so cavalier if I was the one whose check for remittance was MIA. One more example of how a large company, allegedly devoted to serving the public, can perform so miserably and that the recipient of the check is a senior citizen who is in dire need of this money that is really his.

Original review: April 14, 2017

APS recently upgraded their system. I used my checking account to pay my deposit when I started the service. I used the same checking account (saved in their system) to pay my bill and they returned payment. When I called in they said they could not locate my account and since their system updated it does not show as saved anymore. I now have to pay a $15+ fee to resubmit my payment (which isn't even late) and I am only allowed to pay it in cash. I just recently started using this service and it was a nightmare to set up and it continuing to be. I will definitely check for SRP service addresses when I move next. Highly discourage you from using APS if you can avoid it.

Original review: April 1, 2017

We have been with Arizona Public Service for over 21 years in our current home and in an apartment prior. I have been employed at the same employer for 30 years and my husband has been for 15 years. We have had some extensions on our electric bills with approvals and we never knew it was an issue. We have had a few unexpected medical expenses. We have never had a disconnect. We are now expected to pay the $490 deposit or a turnoff. Where is this all coming from? What does APS do with all of our deposit money? This seems to be a very large amount of money for them to hold on to for a couple with good credit and a good steady work history. What's up APS??? I can understand a deposit for your first year or if you haven't been employed but really??? $490!

Original review: March 10, 2017

I was going pay my bill and website tells me a system wide billing upgrade is happening and needs to validate account. I finish with the validation and lo and behold I see the account I have had since 2008 now requires a deposit of over 200 dollars is due now or power will be shut off. I did not ask for billing system upgrade. I have the same house same account, nothing has changed. I have talked with multiple agents and all I get this the only option I have. All I know is now I'm forced to pay deposit for a service that hasn't changed or a billing upgrade. This is just a way for major company get more $$ from consumers.

Where is my consumer rights or protection against extortion tactics? Also where was APS when power goes out due transformer gone bad 3 days, 120 degree heat with family of 5 with kids. All they could say sorry and can compensate for 5 lbs of dry ice. Food spoiled and a lot unnecessary stress. I never complained or ask for anything. This is how honest working families get treated. I hope there's no one else going thru this unnecessary stress.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2017

We are "winter visitors" (per APS). Our meter stopped working but we were not informed. Just informed that they were "unable to read" which their website claims is normal behavior, similar to a cell phone connection dropping. APS replaced the meter the day following my October arrival. According to APS, the meter had not been working for 17 days. APS will not show me documentation as to when our meter stopped working. I am expected to take their verbal account. APS billed me for "reading" our meter when it wasn't able to be read due to non-function. My USE CASE seems irrelevant.

APS has prorated my account billing with dates from dates after I arrived (much higher usage) instead of prior rates before I returned. I have communicated by both email and phone. Neither form of communication will respond to my direct concerns. All responses are by pre-written statements (verbally and my email) that in no way address my direct concerns or requests. They are soundbites, generic in nature. A "review" by the billing department has been forwarded and I must wait. The email I sent last week (with a written response and a phone agent) has never been linked to my account number phone conversation(s). There is no central THREAD to gather my inquiries, so important in consumer support.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2017

After attempting to get electronically my account records from 2010 to 2014 (which I was unable to do), I started reading reviews of APS. I saw not a one that was remotely complimentary. The cost just keeps going up and up, even though they say they haven't had an increase in several years. I was surprised to see in one of the reviews an option of aid for low income. I applied as a single woman on social security and received a letter that I was accepted to the program. No information as to how this will affect my bill.

Next, I received a letter that my "Equalizer" payment was being raised from $120/mo to $141/mo. So where is my assistance for low income? I live alone. My thermostat is set for heat to go on when my house reaches an indoor temp of 65°, AC when indoors reaches 85°. I use my major appliances (washer/dryer/dishwasher) after 8:00PM or on the weekends only (off peak).

I am very conscientious in regard to green house gasses, global warming and respect for our natural resources and their limits. I do not leave lights, TV, radios, on when not in use. I unplug small appliances, coffee maker, toaster etc. when not in use. I was visiting relatives for several months in 2014. My son was staying in my house during my absence. He called APS to find out if he could change the AC temp. He was boiling. They told him to change the thermostat to go on at 72° throughout the night and then have it be somewhat warmer during the day.

It was after he took their advice that my Equalizer payment went from $77/mo to $120/mo. Basically the Utilities can do whatever they want.... water, power, sewage & trash. We even have to pay for trash pickup if we are gone for extended periods. I don't know how or why the "snowbirds" put up with it. I guess they are rich enough that they don't care when they are getting **.

We can't say, "I don't like the way you do business and I am going to go with another company." No, we don't have that option, but they can cut us off and we have no recourse except to PAY. As I said, I live alone and according to Epcor in Oct I used 16,000 gals of water, in Nov. 20,000 gals, in Dec. 17,000. I do not have a swimming pool, a pond or even a puddle. I have 2 rain barrels to catch water that pours off my roof (no gutters or downspouts) when we have our infrequent rains that I use for watering my plants that are not on my metered watering system. I sincerely believe that since my income is not rising anywhere near as fast as the utilities (mine was .3%) I will be able to sell and live someplace where my utilities will be something reasonable.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

I recently received a letter from APS demanding a deposit of $335 be paid or else my electricity will be turned off. I have been a customer for 13 years that has never had my electric shut off due to non payment. If I was ever going to be late paying my bill I always had approval from APS. I have tried to reason with APS and they won't compromise, and to make matters worse I have an infant in the house. How is this not extortion?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

I have owned a rental property for 6 years. I had an APS account on it when I bought it in 2010. I have decided to sell because tenant moved out and it is now empty. Called APS to transfer power to my name and they want 580 dollar deposit. UNREAL!!! I Own several other properties none though with APS. I have not had any of this BS before with SRP. I am going to check the meter of the next property I look at and if APS is on it I will not even make an offer. I hope there are others like me so maybe their unethical practices can be brought to an end. It sucks to have a monopoly.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

Something needs to be done with APS. Their fees are way too high. When I took a closer look at my bill I found out that my fees were higher than the actual electricity I was using. ECU in the state of Arizona APS is a monopolizing corporation. They can do anything they wanted to. Basically they extort money from people because they know that without electricity you can't live so that's why they get away charging with such high prices. What they fail to realize is that they are a necessity, not a luxury. If you don't have APS you will die. You have to have air in the summertime and they know this so they can charge whatever they want to charge. They would charge your franchise fee. Why do I have to pay them to be a franchise owner pay McDonald's? Something needs to be done. They are crooked then extort money out of their customers. Like I said something needs to be done.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

After 15 years of service, for a livestock well pump, paid every month, bank error caused payment to be returned. They shutoff power with no notice. They claim they called an old phone # from 6 years ago. Phone # they claimed they called is not even listed on the account profile. It was updated 5 years ago. To turn the power back on they required $235.00 deposit, $189.00 bill payment and $35.00 reconnect fee. Bill runs $75.00 per month. Service is not optional. There is ZERO risk that they won't get paid on this account (livestock would die of thirst). They don't care. Asked to speak to supervisor, put on hold, then told, “Sorry, no supervisor available”. Nothing they can do. Pay up or suffer the consequences and let the livestock die. So I gave them my grocery money for the month, overdrafted my bank account and cried. (I am not a crier). **. Now I hate APS with a passion, and will hold a grudge forever.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

I recently received email from APS demanding payment for bill not yet due. I replied and asked them to stop sending such emails because my account has never been late, ever. Today, 11/03/2016 I received in mail a final notice to pay the same bill which is due 11/08/2016 with a late charge of $3.76. Their billing department is incompetent and it is impossible to contact APS by phone. I wish there were a zero star option as well as an alternate supplier.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2016

Recently my husband and I decided to go solar. We are almost through the process and everything has been great. Then about a week ago I received a bill from APS. I didn't pay much attention because I work really long hours and I figured I would just look at it on one of my days off. We are on the equalizer program and pay 295.00 a month. When I looked at the bill on Sunday it was for well over the normal amount which I thought was strange but I couldn't call until Monday.

Then today in the mail we received a letter that states because we did not pay our bill by the due date we now have to pay a 605.00 deposit (yes, I said 605). When I looked at my bill it said, "Thanks for participating in pick a due date", and that my due date was recently changed. We did not change our due date! No one authorized them to do this. I think this is their way of getting money from me when they know I won't be paying them as much. I have filed a complaint with the Arizona Corporate Commission - these people are thieves and get away with it because they don't have any competition and if I don't pay the 605.00 within a week they will turn off my electricity. I have been late before but I have always paid every month. We get paid once a month from our employers so we do what we can.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2016

APS set up 2 meters on my new property. They were instructed to send bills to a different billing address and did, for one account. The other accounts bill went to a nonexistent address that has no mailbox. I thought I was paying my bill in total, not realizing I should have 2. Without calling or contacting me at the correct billing address, they turned power off for nonpayment. Again, I never received a bill for the second account. They decided to set up but paid the first on time each month!! The power outage cost me hundreds in food in my freezer and fridge and when I called and the reps could not explain the APS error. They simply said they would transfer me to another rep who might be able to help me.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2016

I get that AZ is hot but to pay $400 a month from May-October is outrageous. Take a look at some articles about the company and where does all the $$ go! We need the commissioners to change the way APS operates. It's too expensive!!! Wish we could leave.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

I received a notice that my account has been delinquent multiple times. However my bill has been paid in full every month. I chose a pay by date of the 5th of the month. I noticed when I went into APS records, they are not posting my payment as soon as received. I usually pay at the end of the month. Recently, my notice is dated September 6th, the date that payment should have been received. APS posted my payment on September 7th, a date after the notice. I pay by check through the mail, and for August, the check was sent on August 31st. According to their own rules, and bill it is stated on their own website: bill past due date. At what point is my bill officially past due?

"Bills are past due 10 business days after the statement date, and payments must be received by 5 PM Arizona time on the due date. We offer a grace period of an additional nine business days past the due date. A late fee of 1.5% will be assessed if we don't receive the payment within 19 business days of your billing date." I have no control on when APS actually posts my payments, however their stern letter warns that if I am late again, they will be asking for more deposit coverage. I have had APS service for 10 years and have never had a nasty letter like this. I think they would like extra money for nothing. I am retired and have a limited income, so getting letters like this is very upsetting.

Arizona Public Service Company Information