Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities

Arizona

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.07/5

Arizona Public Service Reviews

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

APS has to be the worst company ever. At this point I honestly feel like I’m being robbed and bullied. My bill manages to continue to grow even in our “no a/c season”. My bill still continues to look like a summer bill and I live in an apartment!!! I’ve been forced in to payment agreements without my consent. The fact that I am forced to have to deal with this company is ** insane. I’ve never had this problem with SRP and I live in a house with ** insulation. My bill was less by more than half. On top of all this Bs if you walk through my complex APS pretty much puts their customers on blast by hanging their “shut off notices” on the entrance of their buildings (which has never happened to me) but it’s so ** up and disrespectful to those customers' privacy.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I was unable to change the payment date on line, when I wanted to submit my payment for Friday, January 24th (on Monday, January 20th.). I called the automated phone number and entered in my checking account information, and it said "payment processed." It NEVER gave me an option to schedule a different date or use today's date. This is such a blatant tactic to mislead the consumer, and extort money from them. Thank you, because now I will have like 6 other things bounce because of this.

I should have known not to trust a company that turns off power on elderly people who are barely over a few days late. This CEO had better hope he never needs help in a formal business situation. I believe Karma will take care of this type of ethics. Absolutely horrible. When you call and do the automated system with any other utility or cable provider, after you key in your checking account, you are ALWAYS allowed to type in the day you want it processed. I hope Doug Ducey and the State of Arizona impose heavy regulations on this company.

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

The most greediest company ever. They cannot extend a payment by 1 day, they want to shut me off and the collect fees and reconnection service fees. They created a "payment plan without my permission" and expect me to pay per their schedule. I called to verify and was told since they were sued last year they put everyone on a payment plan?! Never communicated it to your customers until you call in to find out. They take huge deposits, and are the worst utility company I've HAD to use. I will soon be moving to a SRP area. Had them for many years, and they are fabulous. BEWARE OF APS and their methods of raking in extra money.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I have been an APS customer for years without a problem until end of summer 2018. That's when it all began and went to Hell in a Hand basket. They went from the equalizer program which worked well to the new "Budget Billing". My Bill went up by over $75 a month, and without warning. I was told that it would be better in the long run. For Who? Now the payment adjusts every three months, sometimes greatly. How is this supposed to be helpful? Or help with budgeting??!

Upon APS making this change without proper notice, my payments and billing got out of whack. Then, all of the sudden, after years of no issues, I had billing issues galore! I experienced the same issues with missed payments and deposit add-ons due to payments being off even though I tried to catch up. They are deceitful, they hide behind bureaucracy, and they mistreat their good customers. They know they can do this because for some reason we all allow who we use for power to be dictated to us by politicians and bureaucrats. No choice allowed! Ugh!!!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I just recently moved to AZ and started service with APS. They have a $250 deposit which is added to the first months payment that is due. I paid my first bill which was $322 and they withdrew that amount two times. I called and they said that they cannot refund it back to my card, that they would have to send out a check that could take up to 54 days to be delivered. Are you kidding me? That is almost two months. By that time, I will have already paid two more months of electric to them. I am extremely disgusted by this and cannot believe a company that big cannot refund my account immediately or at least within 7-10 business days. It is very considerate of them to do right before the holidays.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arizona Public Service?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

As of 10/7/19 I had a $0.72 cents credit on my account. Then I received my new bill that was due 10/28/19 which was almost $60 more due to FEES!!! Where do they come up with is crap? Anyways I went online to request a payment arrangement due to the major increase. I ended up having to call and was told so many different scenarios as to why I was ineligible for an arrangement???.

I understand the grief they went through this summer with 80,000 people not paying their bills but that’s not my fault. So they said anyone who had a balance over $75 as of October 15 would be put on a four month payment plan. I was told that was the case for me but as of October 15th I had a $.72 credit???? The customer service guy was super nice. He didn’t know what was going on with my account!! This so frustrating!!! They cannot even explain your account to you because they are CROOKED!! And yet they require me to pay in full and on time?? Yea right. Not until I get a clear answer regarding my account!!! I feel bad for the poor APS customer service employees. I cannot wait to move out of their service area!!! ????

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

APS Website Update Not Working Once Again. This past weekend I had an App on my Android and Tablet update via automatic updates. Went to the App at least 20 different time with my Smartphone and Tablet and could not access my account. After trying everything I know, I decided to try my laptop and had same results. The App or Website will not load. You can't even use the phone to report the problem as the voice-activated system doesn't recognize the verbiage "your website won't work, can you please connect me with someone to report it to?".

The last time they updated the website, it did the same thing for nearly 4 months. Can you morons read this message since I cannot reach you by phone or website and fix the damn thing? Better yet, why don't you test the damn thing before you go live? In this age of technology this is unacceptable. Get real about your business!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Seriously? Four power outages from June 2019 to mid September 2019. I no longer view the weather reports as a given percentage of a chance of rain but as a chance of a power outage. There is something wrong with this. My bill of course never goes down. Only the power. Okay, so I live in remote Walker, AZ. south of Prescott and can't believe the APS infrastructure is so bad up here. The slightest rain or thunder or lightning and it's out again. Conversations with APS people just garner an answer like "Sorry, I can't answer that." What am I paying for? We deserve better service as paying customers!!!

Original review: June 5, 2019

I moved out of the APS service area in Feb 2019. I was owed a refund of $472 and told the refund would be issued March 18. I waited and waited. April came around and I never received the check. I called APS and was told they’d treat it as a lost check, which consisted of them cancelling the check and mailing another. I waited and waited. May came around and I still had not received a check. I called AGAIN and was told they’d cancel the check and mail another. Now it’s June and... You guessed it! I still have not received a check!!!! I’m fed up of course. I know things sometimes get lost in the mail, but to get lost 3 times?! I’m not buying that AT ALL!

Now I’m getting the runaround trying to get a 4th check issued! I’ve been back and forth on the phone since Friday and have had no results. So far they have not approved for another check to be issued. I asked if they could maybe send it certified or with delivery confirmation since the checks have “vanished” 3 times already. If I owed them $472, I would’ve received a tons of notifications in the mail by now but the money that APS owes me mysteriously never shows up. This is absolutely ridiculous!!

Original review: May 20, 2019

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I apparently had 2 late payments totally less than $3.00 and now they want a 250 deposit from me or they will turn off my electric. Are you kidding me?? I pay my bill every month. I'm not sure how I missed the $3 but this is ridiculous that they can turn my electric off over $3 buck! Is this true? If I pay only the electric bill and not the deposit they have the right to turn off my electric??

Arizona Public Service Company Information