Arizona

2.9/5 (368 ratings)

About Arizona Public Service

Arizona Public Service Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arizona Public Service?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Arizona Public Service?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

I have lived in the same house for over 30 years. A few months ago I had a very high bill that should not have been. I looked at my meter and it said error. I called APS and was told the error message didn't matter and that they get all the info they need. I asked for a new meter. A few weeks later a tech came out and put in a new meter and suddenly my bill was back to normal. A couple weeks ago another tech came out without notice and replaced the meter again, I thought that was odd as there were no error messages. Well, today I got a letter stating they discovered a delay in the billing of my service and are adding 361.54 to my current bill. This is just shady and wrong.

Original review: July 20, 2022

"Storm knocked down 30 power poles." More like APS hasn't done their job in 20 years. No A/C for 48 hours. Autoimmune disease shelter not an option. Lies from day one about my solar plan and what would be financial for me, they told me that the plan that gave them more of my hard earned money was better for me. Horrible customer service. Thiefs.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2022

Can't keep the power on even though it's their ** job. And their 24/7 service is **. They are responsible for my fish dying. They say poles were knock down due to the storm, but the amount of poles going down sounds more like they weren't doing their jobs doing preventative maintenance and replacing them when they are supposed to.

Original review: July 8, 2022

For many years I have tracked my on and off peak usage. Recently, it has become more challenging because the APS website keeps changing. This month, I gave up and called tech support. The person told me that I did not need that info because my plan was not an off peak, on peak plan. Throughout my professional career, including many years at a Wall Street bank, my understanding was that customer needs are always met. That's particularly true when there is competition. APS doesn't have competition; it's the electric company I have to use. Thus, meeting the customer's needs doesn't matter. In this particular instance, the tech support person did not seem to know how to lead someone thru an online site. Manners.... They involved informing me what I don't need so don't ask for it.

Original review: July 18, 2021

It's hot, I went grocery shopping yesterday, now have an APS Outage. First they said they would have our power back on at 11:30, now 3:30pm. So, many people in Paulden AZ have no power and most people are above the age of 60! We have metal poles, and there isn't a worker anywhere in sight. From Chino Valley, to Drake Cement, not one APS truck, nor worker anywhere!

Original review: June 28, 2021

APS last year started sending communication about me having the opportunity to change plans to "save." I followed the instructions and did the change online as indicated. What they completely failed to mention is that by changing plans I was "de-attaching" my solar panels from my "new" plan. Given that, over the period of seven months I was giving APS my surplus of electric energy produced by the Tesla panels but I was never given credit for such electricity. Therefore, I have been paying hundreds of dollars on electricity that I was already generating. During these months, I was under the impression that maybe I was just using too much electricity until my bills started to be over $180 on months when I used to pay $16-$20. That is when I figured they took out automatically with no notice my solar panels from my "new savings Plans." Now it will take at least 7 days to get the credit back and only then I will have to call again in order for them to refund.

Original review: June 16, 2021

I first noticed as I stumbled onto this site by accident, that it was reviews from customers of APS. Having so much disgust for that company, I went to surf away but stopped when I saw that overall, APS was rated pretty high with more 5 stars than not. And I knew that couldn’t be right. After reading a lot of the reviews, I realized two things. 1. Every customer's review that I read, were very negative and only had 1 star since we are forced to pick a star before writing our horrible experience with APS. And the second thing I realized was that even though the 15 plus reviews I read were completely terrible as they trashed APS, but none were as foul and truly disgusting as my experience with this horrific excuse for a utilities provider that there’s ever been. Don’t ask me how I know this, I just do. Haha.

So about 8 years ago, as I was unloading a U-Haul into my mom's new home and thought it might be a good idea to call APS on her behalf since she’s old and has issues with hear and especially understanding customer service operators and if it’s a computer that answered her call, she will just hang up. So to avoid all scenarios and since she left her old home where SRP monopolized the utilities market and now this new neighborhood was monopolized by only APS, she couldn’t just transfer her service. So now that she was moving in 3 days early, I totally made the right choice in contacting APS as soon as I could and let the oh so nice lady who answered my phone call that my mother just bought a home and she would be a new customer with APS since she couldn’t stay with SRP.

So the APS CSR began asking me all kinds of questions. So after I gave her all of mom’s info, SS#, new address, old address, everything. She put me on hold, obviously ran my mom's info and came back on the line and either waived all deposits or requested something minimal like $25 deposit. Doesn’t matter because as I’m patting myself on my back for doing such a much thing for the woman that gave birth to me and thinking how it took me all of 10 min to start a new utilities account when my mom would have spent all day and still possibly not have a power on date.

Then all of a sudden, Mrs. APS Operator realized what a great son I was and asked what my name was. I told her but she didn’t say what an awesome son I was, she put me on hold, so obviously she was gathering other operators to help her sing “He’s A Jolly Good Fellow” or something similar to express her new found love for me. But first, she got back on the line and read me a familiar sounding address and asked if I ever lived at that address. It took me a second to recognize it and immediately said yes, about 10 years ago.

She then told me that I had left a balance with APS of $460.00 and that she would NOT turn on my mother's electricity until my 10 year old bill where I was the only person who’s name was on that account and was the only person who lived at that old address which in no way even concerned my mom then but now did because even after requesting to speak with her supervisor, then manager where they all said the same thing, that NO, they didn’t want to see proof that I don’t live here with my mom or proof of my current electric/utilities account bill with SRP that’s solely in my name at my home address having nothing to do with mom's new address so that they wouldn’t punish their new customer because of some stupid mistake her son did 10 years earlier by skipping out on his bill and now mom is expected to pay my $400.00 bill and now her new $250 deposit just to start service with APS.

And the only answer that each APS CSR gave me as I climbed the phone ladder of managers that day was that there would be no payment plans and that they didn’t care if I currently had service in my name at a different address because there might be a time or two in the future that I might be at my mom's house visiting and because of that reason and that reason alone, if I’m physically there then I would benefit in some way from the use of mom's APS electricity that day and that’s why APS flat out refused to turn my mom's power on until $600 almost $700 was paid immediately if they were to even consider scheduling a turn on date for her new home.

They said I might benefit from the power that my mom would be paying for since it’s not like this trashy APS gives out free power. I honestly don’t remember skipping out on that bill but knowing me 10 years earlier, it wouldn’t have surprised me if I did but what did surprise me other than APS’s horrifically foul business practices is that why wasn’t that bill ever on my credit report or why wasn’t it sent to a creditor? We just blindly took their word for it plus in complete shock over the entire ugly situation that APS created (save it fools, yes I technically created it by not paying my bill but in no way should that effect anyone BUT ME....if you think otherwise, you work for APS or you are VERY STUPID) and we paid the entire amount that day because in that area, APS was the ONLY electric provider which is the only reason why they can treat old customers and new customers like crap and they love it that way. DISGUSTING COMPANY.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2020

I have been trying for 3 days to pay my APS electric bill. Each day I receive the same message, "Site Maintenance". Is this an attempt by APS to charge me a late fee payment because of my inability to make a payment due to "site maintenance"? Worst utility ever. We need more accountability with regard to their inability to service utility accounts of those want to actually pay their bills. Bull Pucky.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2020

APS has to be the worst company ever. At this point I honestly feel like I’m being robbed and bullied. My bill manages to continue to grow even in our “no a/c season”. My bill still continues to look like a summer bill and I live in an apartment!!! I’ve been forced in to payment agreements without my consent. The fact that I am forced to have to deal with this company is ** insane. I’ve never had this problem with SRP and I live in a house with ** insulation. My bill was less by more than half. On top of all this Bs if you walk through my complex APS pretty much puts their customers on blast by hanging their “shut off notices” on the entrance of their buildings (which has never happened to me) but it’s so ** up and disrespectful to those customers' privacy.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

I was unable to change the payment date on line, when I wanted to submit my payment for Friday, January 24th (on Monday, January 20th.). I called the automated phone number and entered in my checking account information, and it said "payment processed." It NEVER gave me an option to schedule a different date or use today's date. This is such a blatant tactic to mislead the consumer, and extort money from them. Thank you, because now I will have like 6 other things bounce because of this.

I should have known not to trust a company that turns off power on elderly people who are barely over a few days late. This CEO had better hope he never needs help in a formal business situation. I believe Karma will take care of this type of ethics. Absolutely horrible. When you call and do the automated system with any other utility or cable provider, after you key in your checking account, you are ALWAYS allowed to type in the day you want it processed. I hope Doug Ducey and the State of Arizona impose heavy regulations on this company.

Arizona Public Service Company Information