3.55/5
Based on 20 reviews that contain star ratings

Discover a great timeshare now

20 Westin Vacation Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Total scam! I received an offer as I am an SPG Rewards Member and paid $199 up front in February 2018 for a stay and a chance to potentially buy into the program. I was told I could not book January until June 2018. So at that point I called every week. They said I would receive an email when booking opened up. Never did. During this weekly call I was told I was too late and could only check in on Jan 6th. Really? That's a pretty short window of time. If I wanted something later, I'd have to call back at a different time as they do not yet have any future dates available. Don't do this with Westin.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I received an “exclusive invitation” for a 6 day and 5 night stay at Westin Princeville Ocean Resort and Villas in the mail. The offer said it was redeemable by the person whose name was on the offer (myself). I called an agent to discuss the nature of the offer. Based on some reviews I had read online, I wanted to know if I would be required to attend a timeshare presentation if I redeemed the offer. The agent I spoke to told me that this particular offer was “unrelated” to any timeshare offers so I would not be required to attend one, but that they would be available at the property should I like to attend one. The agent and I reviewed available dates and I told her I’d call her back to make the reservation.

I called the next day to make the reservation. During the call, the agent nonchalantly asked me what my spouse’s name was (and I answered). After the agent had gone through the reservation process (and charged my credit card) she asked me if I had any questions. I said I wasn’t sure I would be traveling with my husband so I wanted to make sure she had not used my husband’s name for the reservation. She then proceeded to tell me that I was REQUIRED to travel with my husband as part of the offer. Nowhere in the offer letter did it state (even in the small print) that traveling with your spouse would be a requirement to redeem the offer. I questioned how they could impose such a condition and I was connected to the agent’s manager.

The manager (Jay) told me that, contrary to what I had been told, the only purpose of the offer was to sell me a timeshare and that they did not want to offer “a cheap vacation package” if my spouse would not be there to experience the property with me (because according to him, we could only purchase a timeshare together). I asked why this was not disclosed in the letter and why I had been specifically told the offer was unrelated to their timeshares, to which he replied that that was its sole purpose and if I was not able to travel with my husband then “perhaps this was not a good offer for me”.

I was basically told I could not use the offer if my husband was not able to travel with me. I am quite disturbed that this company thinks it’s any of their business if I am married, divorced or separated and that they think they can tell me who I can and cannot travel with, when this is not a requirement stated in the offer they sent. I also think lying about the purpose of the offer when you call them is unethical business practice. Won’t be staying at any Westins again.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Booked 5 night stay at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Kaanapali with car through a mailed promotion to us. Paid everything up front. Then one month before visit I broke my foot and required a 3 hr surgery, non weight bearing for 6 weeks in a cast. Was able to cancel and reschedule airline with no fee. But Westin charged us $200 to rebook even with a letter from the orthopedic surgeon. They would not budge on this even though we wanted to rebook as soon as my foot healed and would allow me to travel. They claimed that this is a separate organization from Westin yet they go by the same name.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Westin timeshare owners BEWARE... Westin has changed their policy and now charge $50.00 for your family, even children, to use your timeshare (even if it's listed in your family trust). You need to change your title to list all family members you may want to give access to check in even if you plan on joining them later during the vacation. I wish I could file a class action suit against them for changing their terms and making my family pay for something I own and paid for. So upset right now with a resort that promotes itself as family friendly. SHAME ON YOU VISTANA!

Original review: April 6, 2017

My husband and I got tricked into signing a timeshare contract by some sweet talking salespeople from Westin Vacations. Later on we discovered misrepresentations, lies and other alarming issues which led us deciding to terminate the contract. We believe we have every right and grounds to do this even past the rescission period for reasons enumerated below:

• The promised 90-minute presentation ended up being 6 hours – this is one clear violation of law. • We were being charged maintenance fees for a year when the ownership did not even exist yet – sure it was in the contract but this was not disclosed during the presentation so we were very surprised when we received the bill. In fact when I asked the agent she cannot even explain why.

• It is extremely difficult to get a confirmed booking. Owners are not prioritized and are only given limited slots because they sell the rooms to the paying public to get more money. And of course this scenario was not presented during the sale. They mentioned (on their response to our claim) about providing assistance for our initial booking but they were offering dates and resorts that we are not interested in.

• We were not told about the need to bank points and pay corresponding fee if we do not plan to use them during the year. We were only told that the points are good for 3 years. • During the presentation we were assured that maintenance fees rarely increase and if they do, it would be very minimal. A few weeks after signing the contract, we already received a notice from the office regarding a new fee. We found out from several unhappy owners that fees are continuously rising and a lot of new ones still coming.

• We were promised that the ownership is a very excellent investment with an inflating value over time and that if the need to dispose it in the future would arise, we could easily put it in the market for a fast and easy resale. Upon doing an extensive research, we found out that all of these are lies. Many owners want to get rid of their contracts but no one is willing to take over even for free. Some are being offered for a $1 at Ebay. In short these timeshares have zero resale value.

• Their cancellation policy was not discussed/explained to us. The cancellation page which does not comply to California law was written in regular sized fonts, occupies about ¼ or 1/3 of an 8 ½ x 11 bond paper with no headings whatsoever, tucked inside the contract (obviously trying to hide it). By California law a “Notice to Cancel” should be presented separately (not inserted in the contract), written in conspicuous type, should have a Big Bold heading and normally accompanied by a cancellation form and sometimes self-addressed envelope.

All of the above issues are not unique to us. Several other owners are faced with the same dilemma. I have asked our sales agent to help us convey our intent of terminating the contract to the proper department. At the time of the sale she kept on reassuring us that she will take care of us and that she has our best interest in mind. But upon learning our intentions, she started ignoring my calls and messages and later on never responded at all. I had to take it upon myself to find out. I spoke to several different people and no one was willing to help. I was passed on from one person and department to another, until I finally found one sole individual who was kind enough to help me get my message heard and receive attention.

I have made every effort to settle this amicably with them, sent them multiple messages via email and registered mail, even reaching out to their top officers, but they repeatedly declined and insisted they had done nothing wrong and that we have signed the contract. These people are heartless crooks. They are not after any consumer satisfaction. Money is all they want. They do not even care that their company has overwhelmingly multiple complaints and negative reviews all over the internet. They call my mobile phone every day even when I already told them that have NO intentions of making any further payments.

Why should we reward a company that has not only deceived and defrauded us but has caused severe stress, frustrations and harassment to our previously peaceful life??? They're the ones who owe us big time and they still have our money. To everyone reading this -- do yourselves a huge favor and stay away from this crooks and liars at all costs if you do not want your peaceful life ruined. They do not even deserve a single star.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westin Vacation Club?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

With this club, we can go on vacations and not have to worry about where to get money to buy food or money for hotels. We could take our kids anywhere they want to go on vacation. There is no additional fees because you already have the money. I love going on vacations and so do my kids. The offered locations is anywhere in the world. I love Cape Cod especially because that's where I went when I was a child. The perceived value was cheap. It did not cost a lot of money. I love Cape Cod because it is cheap and the food, hotels and vacation is cheap.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

The booking system was not a problem. Online at least. It was not complicated and it did not consume more than the average time it takes to book any other way. The additional fees were too much. You think you are getting a deal until you reach the payment page. It is like a whole other room or night that you are paying for. There should be more locations if they want to improve their business. I have to travel a long way to get to this place and for what it is, it is not worth it to me. The experience was average and I expected more. I will give them something positive. The value of the room and set up was not bad. For what you are paying you might expect a little bit more, but overall it's enjoyable.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

Very easy to book. Friendly helpful booking staff. Listened to my needs and gave me a great deal! Everyone I came in contact with during the booking process was helpful and kind. The additional fees were minimal. A lot less than other companies I looked into. Low and fair costs. No hidden fees. All fee told upfront during booking process. So many locations. Beautiful cities with fantastic amenities. All over the world. I had a very hard time deciding where to stay because there were so many places that were amazing! I loved that food was included. A lot of fun activities as well. I was happy with the value compared to other companies. I had an amazing time!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

Booking services are second to none. Always available for questions and needs. Easy and quick process and amazing services. The reps are very knowledgeable of what is available and remember you if served before. I didn't find that their fees were ridiculous. It is a standard thing with all companies so it's no surprise. But the benefits of use is rewarding with fees waived with the more usage of programs. The locations are awesome. They have places available, many of the places I travel or will find something within reason elsewhere. This is another simplified part of working with this company. The value is also second to none. The prices are very low compared to other companies I have dealt with in the past. The value for places I desire has kept me with the company for a while.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

It wasn't exactly easy to book but they worked with me and we got it figured out. Just had to shuffle some things around but it worked out in the end. Every places is going to have additional fees and who would be satisfied with them? No one. But it was okay. Not as bad as some places so I will say satisfied. The locations were beautiful and plentiful with great spots for tourist attractions, shopping, and other leisurely activities so definitely recommend. It was expensive but well worth it. We all thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our much-needed vacation so cannot complain at all for the value.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

I would recommend this to anyone because the people are nice. You will keep coming back for more because of great atmosphere and relaxation. So next time you have a good time think about starting up with them. You pay your fees you're good to go. Anybody's welcome to come. Very good vacations. Very fun, very positive and great motion. Great drinks. Great food. I would do it again and all the time if I could. Talk about having a good time I have a good time. The locations are very great places to stay around. I am amused about how well things went. Couldn't have asked for a better time to go. Will always use this service whence whenever wherever I am. Nice pool. Pretty atmospheric. The value wasn't bad. I still had plenty of money to do other things like buy ice cream and travel around for a while. It was a great value and bargain that I couldn't pass by. I keep money on hand just in case of good deals.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

Booking was nothing exciting, could of been better. Did nothing to go above and beyond to make my experience wonderful. Very average service in this regard. We had no additional fees. They charged our card for incidentals but did not have to use. This was regular hotel practice. I would not have been happy if I would have been nickel & dimed for additional fees. Location offered was what we wanted. We received a lovely Ovation that was to our liking. The location was everything we expected & wanted. Contributed to our nice time. Great value. Stay at a luxury resort, you've already paid a lot in dues, but you do get something nice in return. I don't think costs could come down any further. Customers want a good deal but also expect to pay for what you get.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

The booking services were extremely easy, the friendly staff was very welcoming to questions that my husband and I had asked. They practically had answers to every question. The booking service was also highly affordable. The fees were a little high but nothing that I could not afford. Additional fees covered our food which was very good and I think worth the little extra that I had to pay. It wasn't a big deal really. Every location they offered looked beautiful and enticing. It was actually really hard for my husband and I to agree on a location. The wonderful staff helped us choose a location we could both agree on. The overall price of everything was quite affordable. Everything was overly worth the price. I think we got more for what we paid for actually, we were extremely satisfied with the price for everything.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2016

Was very expeditious with making my reservations and letting me know the availability of my needs. I was very pleased with the customer service for representatives gave me. The additional fees were not effect detrimental because of that outcome of the additional fees was pleasant to my reservation. The location that I wanted was available. I have no foul comment about the company. They handle themselves with etiquette. Responsibility was up to par and was handled by the representatives. Resale value after all the additional fees was okay or great because I was happy with everything. After the payment location accessories everything was up to par.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2016

They were very helpful and kind and professional with me and did everything they could to help get me just what I ask for for me and my family which was really nice. Any questions or concerns I had they help me and got the answers right away. I really didn't have any additional fees, at least I wasn't aware of any, so that's great. Every penny counts. I think if I had any they would have made me aware of them and would have told me about them.

They had great locations. Very useful. Would recommend to anyone. They help make sure they explained their locations and offers to me so I knew what I was getting before I made a decision on what I was going to do which was really kind and helpful. Good value. Not any more than any other place I concerned so I guess that was good. Things can get really costing so saving where you can really does help and they tried and help me and my family do just that so that was really great and helpful.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

It was really great and easy. I loved it and there was such an easy process to book. People were very nice on the phone. I would highly recommend to any friends or family. It is very expensive for the extra fees but it is still worth it. There are hidden fees everywhere and it is disappointing when you realize you've spent a lot on the timeshare and on top of that more fees. I wish there were more locations, however my timeshares are in places I do enjoy but I wish I could go more places and travel more with my timeshare. It is a good value just the fees are horrendous. I wish there was a way that the additional fees would be reduced but overall decent value. I still have my timeshares.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2016

Actually was extremely easy to book and to use. Simple really as 1-2-3 and we were all set. This I would recommend to those who adventure a good time by all involved. The rates were clearly mentioned and there was no added little surprises while we were on our trip. We had our choice of many destinations, and it was hard to narrow our choices down but we started to actually look into the locations that were offered and then it was very easy to pick. For the time and the money involved the value was more than what we had thought. Next year we plan to do this option again because this is a real good value for your money.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

I think it's very easy and simple when booking with them. You need to have everything when booking because if not it'll take a moment to get your stuff. I will say they're patient and go over everything thoroughly to make sure you understand everything. I can't wait for to book for my upcoming trip. Once again they're very upfront and let you know what you're getting and the cost of everything. I have to say I'll pay for the amazing I have with them. They have several locations but me and my husband stick to the one we always use. I guess you could say they're all great to go to if you experience such great customer services and what you want matters. The value is they respect and treat each individual like they're important and I would have to say the company as whole have great value.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

It has simple booking services that are fun to pick out and it is always done hassle free. Never had a problem booking a nice place. Enjoy all of my experience with them. I have been hit with an additional fee once, but other than that, it is no problem and the service this place provides is worth every second you got. They offer a huge variety of nice places to pick from. I always enjoy picking out a new place and trying new things with this awesome service. It mostly has affordable value that I can enjoy choosing, and it gives me a larger variety of places to choose from than most websites.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

It's very easy to use the service. You can use their website or their app which makes it so easy to find the perfect place to vacation. You have choices of beaches, golf, which is my favorite vacation. I'd recommend this service to everyone. As always with any first class place, there are additional fees such as maid service, greens fees, extras for room service and you can plan any activity you can think of for a small service fee. You have choices anywhere in the world to choose from. You want a luxury condo? Is there. You want a large house for a large family, you have choices. I particularly love beaches and I love using this service to locate the perfect one to fit my whims. I can't even rave about the value you will receive. Your dollar will go a long way at the luxury vacation homes. I hope you choose to use this service and take advantage of this awesome value and you'll get bang for your buck.

Westin Vacation Club Company Information