Westin Vacation Club

Compare Timeshares

Research top Timeshares recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My husband and I got tricked into signing a timeshare contract by some sweet talking salespeople from Westin Vacations. Later on we discovered misrepresentations, lies and other alarming issues which led us deciding to terminate the contract. We believe we have every right and grounds to do this even past the rescission period for reasons enumerated below:

• The promised 90-minute presentation ended up being 6 hours – this is one clear violation of law. • We were being charged maintenance fees for a year when the ownership did not even exist yet – sure it was in the contract but this was not disclosed during the presentation so we were very surprised when we received the bill. In fact when I asked the agent she cannot even explain why.

• It is extremely difficult to get a confirmed booking. Owners are not prioritized and are only given limited slots because they sell the rooms to the paying public to get more money. And of course this scenario was not presented during the sale. They mentioned (on their response to our claim) about providing assistance for our initial booking but they were offering dates and resorts that we are not interested in.

• We were not told about the need to bank points and pay corresponding fee if we do not plan to use them during the year. We were only told that the points are good for 3 years. • During the presentation we were assured that maintenance fees rarely increase and if they do, it would be very minimal. A few weeks after signing the contract, we already received a notice from the office regarding a new fee. We found out from several unhappy owners that fees are continuously rising and a lot of new ones still coming.

• We were promised that the ownership is a very excellent investment with an inflating value over time and that if the need to dispose it in the future would arise, we could easily put it in the market for a fast and easy resale. Upon doing an extensive research, we found out that all of these are lies. Many owners want to get rid of their contracts but no one is willing to take over even for free. Some are being offered for a $1 at Ebay. In short these timeshares have zero resale value.

• Their cancellation policy was not discussed/explained to us. The cancellation page which does not comply to California law was written in regular sized fonts, occupies about ¼ or 1/3 of an 8 ½ x 11 bond paper with no headings whatsoever, tucked inside the contract (obviously trying to hide it). By California law a “Notice to Cancel” should be presented separately (not inserted in the contract), written in conspicuous type, should have a Big Bold heading and normally accompanied by a cancellation form and sometimes self-addressed envelope.

All of the above issues are not unique to us. Several other owners are faced with the same dilemma. I have asked our sales agent to help us convey our intent of terminating the contract to the proper department. At the time of the sale she kept on reassuring us that she will take care of us and that she has our best interest in mind. But upon learning our intentions, she started ignoring my calls and messages and later on never responded at all. I had to take it upon myself to find out. I spoke to several different people and no one was willing to help. I was passed on from one person and department to another, until I finally found one sole individual who was kind enough to help me get my message heard and receive attention.

I have made every effort to settle this amicably with them, sent them multiple messages via email and registered mail, even reaching out to their top officers, but they repeatedly declined and insisted they had done nothing wrong and that we have signed the contract. These people are heartless crooks. They are not after any consumer satisfaction. Money is all they want. They do not even care that their company has overwhelmingly multiple complaints and negative reviews all over the internet. They call my mobile phone every day even when I already told them that have NO intentions of making any further payments.

Why should we reward a company that has not only deceived and defrauded us but has caused severe stress, frustrations and harassment to our previously peaceful life??? They're the ones who owe us big time and they still have our money. To everyone reading this -- do yourselves a huge favor and stay away from this crooks and liars at all costs if you do not want your peaceful life ruined. They do not even deserve a single star.

With this club, we can go on vacations and not have to worry about where to get money to buy food or money for hotels. We could take our kids anywhere they want to go on vacation. There is no additional fees because you already have the money. I love going on vacations and so do my kids. The offered locations is anywhere in the world. I love Cape Cod especially because that's where I went when I was a child. The perceived value was cheap. It did not cost a lot of money. I love Cape Cod because it is cheap and the food, hotels and vacation is cheap.

The booking system was not a problem. Online at least. It was not complicated and it did not consume more than the average time it takes to book any other way. The additional fees were too much. You think you are getting a deal until you reach the payment page. It is like a whole other room or night that you are paying for. There should be more locations if they want to improve their business. I have to travel a long way to get to this place and for what it is, it is not worth it to me. The experience was average and I expected more. I will give them something positive. The value of the room and set up was not bad. For what you are paying you might expect a little bit more, but overall it's enjoyable.

Very easy to book. Friendly helpful booking staff. Listened to my needs and gave me a great deal! Everyone I came in contact with during the booking process was helpful and kind. The additional fees were minimal. A lot less than other companies I looked into. Low and fair costs. No hidden fees. All fee told upfront during booking process. So many locations. Beautiful cities with fantastic amenities. All over the world. I had a very hard time deciding where to stay because there were so many places that were amazing! I loved that food was included. A lot of fun activities as well. I was happy with the value compared to other companies. I had an amazing time!

Booking services are second to none. Always available for questions and needs. Easy and quick process and amazing services. The reps are very knowledgeable of what is available and remember you if served before. I didn't find that their fees were ridiculous. It is a standard thing with all companies so it's no surprise. But the benefits of use is rewarding with fees waived with the more usage of programs. The locations are awesome. They have places available, many of the places I travel or will find something within reason elsewhere. This is another simplified part of working with this company. The value is also second to none. The prices are very low compared to other companies I have dealt with in the past. The value for places I desire has kept me with the company for a while.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westin Vacation Club?

It wasn't exactly easy to book but they worked with me and we got it figured out. Just had to shuffle some things around but it worked out in the end. Every places is going to have additional fees and who would be satisfied with them? No one. But it was okay. Not as bad as some places so I will say satisfied. The locations were beautiful and plentiful with great spots for tourist attractions, shopping, and other leisurely activities so definitely recommend. It was expensive but well worth it. We all thoroughly enjoyed every moment of our much-needed vacation so cannot complain at all for the value.

I would recommend this to anyone because the people are nice. You will keep coming back for more because of great atmosphere and relaxation. So next time you have a good time think about starting up with them. You pay your fees you're good to go. Anybody's welcome to come. Very good vacations. Very fun, very positive and great motion. Great drinks. Great food. I would do it again and all the time if I could. Talk about having a good time I have a good time. The locations are very great places to stay around. I am amused about how well things went. Couldn't have asked for a better time to go. Will always use this service whence whenever wherever I am. Nice pool. Pretty atmospheric. The value wasn't bad. I still had plenty of money to do other things like buy ice cream and travel around for a while. It was a great value and bargain that I couldn't pass by. I keep money on hand just in case of good deals.

Booking was nothing exciting, could of been better. Did nothing to go above and beyond to make my experience wonderful. Very average service in this regard. We had no additional fees. They charged our card for incidentals but did not have to use. This was regular hotel practice. I would not have been happy if I would have been nickel & dimed for additional fees. Location offered was what we wanted. We received a lovely Ovation that was to our liking. The location was everything we expected & wanted. Contributed to our nice time. Great value. Stay at a luxury resort, you've already paid a lot in dues, but you do get something nice in return. I don't think costs could come down any further. Customers want a good deal but also expect to pay for what you get.

The booking services were extremely easy, the friendly staff was very welcoming to questions that my husband and I had asked. They practically had answers to every question. The booking service was also highly affordable. The fees were a little high but nothing that I could not afford. Additional fees covered our food which was very good and I think worth the little extra that I had to pay. It wasn't a big deal really. Every location they offered looked beautiful and enticing. It was actually really hard for my husband and I to agree on a location. The wonderful staff helped us choose a location we could both agree on. The overall price of everything was quite affordable. Everything was overly worth the price. I think we got more for what we paid for actually, we were extremely satisfied with the price for everything.

Was very expeditious with making my reservations and letting me know the availability of my needs. I was very pleased with the customer service for representatives gave me. The additional fees were not effect detrimental because of that outcome of the additional fees was pleasant to my reservation. The location that I wanted was available. I have no foul comment about the company. They handle themselves with etiquette. Responsibility was up to par and was handled by the representatives. Resale value after all the additional fees was okay or great because I was happy with everything. After the payment location accessories everything was up to par.

They were very helpful and kind and professional with me and did everything they could to help get me just what I ask for for me and my family which was really nice. Any questions or concerns I had they help me and got the answers right away. I really didn't have any additional fees, at least I wasn't aware of any, so that's great. Every penny counts. I think if I had any they would have made me aware of them and would have told me about them.

They had great locations. Very useful. Would recommend to anyone. They help make sure they explained their locations and offers to me so I knew what I was getting before I made a decision on what I was going to do which was really kind and helpful. Good value. Not any more than any other place I concerned so I guess that was good. Things can get really costing so saving where you can really does help and they tried and help me and my family do just that so that was really great and helpful.

It was really great and easy. I loved it and there was such an easy process to book. People were very nice on the phone. I would highly recommend to any friends or family. It is very expensive for the extra fees but it is still worth it. There are hidden fees everywhere and it is disappointing when you realize you've spent a lot on the timeshare and on top of that more fees. I wish there were more locations, however my timeshares are in places I do enjoy but I wish I could go more places and travel more with my timeshare. It is a good value just the fees are horrendous. I wish there was a way that the additional fees would be reduced but overall decent value. I still have my timeshares.

Actually was extremely easy to book and to use. Simple really as 1-2-3 and we were all set. This I would recommend to those who adventure a good time by all involved. The rates were clearly mentioned and there was no added little surprises while we were on our trip. We had our choice of many destinations, and it was hard to narrow our choices down but we started to actually look into the locations that were offered and then it was very easy to pick. For the time and the money involved the value was more than what we had thought. Next year we plan to do this option again because this is a real good value for your money.

I think it's very easy and simple when booking with them. You need to have everything when booking because if not it'll take a moment to get your stuff. I will say they're patient and go over everything thoroughly to make sure you understand everything. I can't wait for to book for my upcoming trip. Once again they're very upfront and let you know what you're getting and the cost of everything. I have to say I'll pay for the amazing I have with them. They have several locations but me and my husband stick to the one we always use. I guess you could say they're all great to go to if you experience such great customer services and what you want matters. The value is they respect and treat each individual like they're important and I would have to say the company as whole have great value.

It has simple booking services that are fun to pick out and it is always done hassle free. Never had a problem booking a nice place. Enjoy all of my experience with them. I have been hit with an additional fee once, but other than that, it is no problem and the service this place provides is worth every second you got. They offer a huge variety of nice places to pick from. I always enjoy picking out a new place and trying new things with this awesome service. It mostly has affordable value that I can enjoy choosing, and it gives me a larger variety of places to choose from than most websites.

It's very easy to use the service. You can use their website or their app which makes it so easy to find the perfect place to vacation. You have choices of beaches, golf, which is my favorite vacation. I'd recommend this service to everyone. As always with any first class place, there are additional fees such as maid service, greens fees, extras for room service and you can plan any activity you can think of for a small service fee. You have choices anywhere in the world to choose from. You want a luxury condo? Is there. You want a large house for a large family, you have choices. I particularly love beaches and I love using this service to locate the perfect one to fit my whims. I can't even rave about the value you will receive. Your dollar will go a long way at the luxury vacation homes. I hope you choose to use this service and take advantage of this awesome value and you'll get bang for your buck.

Westin Vacation Club Company Profile