2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.51/5

Westin Vacation Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westin Vacation Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westin Vacation Club?

Original review: June 24, 2020

We own 3 Vistana timeshares. With the pandemic, the parent company is not providing any assistance to its owners, especially seniors. Obviously, being senior citizens it is not safe for us to travel to any of our timeshares in 2020. When I called to see what accommodations are in place during this pandemic, they advised that the management is doing nothing to help out their owners. We will lose our weeks of options that are expiring this year, and we would have to pay to bank other options that we cannot use this year. Probably the only company in this country not willing to work with its clients.

Original review: May 8, 2020

My husband and I are owners of a villa at the Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas in Maui. We had a reservation there for June 13-20 (which we booked a year ago) and which we fully intended to honor, but were forced to cancel due the ongoing Coronavirus-Covid-19 pandemic. In calling owner services to cancel the reservation, I was advised that the cancellation would result in restrictions, and that we would be unable to bank star-options and/or book more than 120 days out. I was both astonished and outraged to learn that in the middle of a national/global crisis, Westin (Vistana) is penalizing owners for something that is beyond their control. I submitted a formal complaint and intend to file complaints with appropriate local, state, and federal authorities.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2020

I wish I could rate this zero stars... I went on one of those 3 days weekends that included a presentation and was led to believe that it would be worth $12,500 to buy a week's vacation with Vistana Westin. I was shown various locations and hotels that I could possibly exchange my staroptions for. Three years later, I am cancelling my ownership and cutting my losses. The available resorts are terrible - weird locations, old, and uncomfortable. You can stay in these "resorts" for about $250 a week easily.... with no membership. The "exchange" they touted is nonexistent. This year I just converted my Staroptions to Marriott points, which gave me... wait for it.... ONE DAY AT A MARRIOT HOTEL. Please do not fall into this trap... Just a waste of money.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

We own a Week Timeshare at the Westin Maui North Resort. We received an offer for a timeshare presentation for the Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Kauai, which is a five night stay. In order to hold this offer, we paid $500. We then made a reservation at the Westin Maui for December 27, 2020--January 3 2021, and planned to make the reservation for Kauai to arrive on Jan 3, 2021 to stay the 5 nights. However, when I called the make the reservation for Kauai, I was informed that I was not able to make the stay consecutive with the stay in our Maui timeshare. They would not refund the deposit! The restriction is in the small print the you have to navigate to.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Horrible customer service. My husband received an offer in the mail for five days four nights in Cancun Mexico. He paid the hundred dollar deposit. I talk to some people in line to change our reservation to a different resort. They refused to change it. They would not accommodate us at all. So if we don’t go we lose our hundred dollar deposit. I don’t travel outside the country so bad news for us. Now with my husband is furious with me and will not speak to me because I’m nervous about going to Mexico on vacation. Totally unsympathetic people in customer service. Would not do anything to help us out.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I can’t understand how this industry still exists and furthermore how a reputable company like Westin would associate themselves with these criminals. Every time I asked a question, the sales agent said her manager would answer that, but he never did. I found the exact same timeshare for 1/4 the price. It’s sad to think that they close an average of 15 deals per day. I feel sorry for the unsuspecting, uneducated and unsophisticated people who buy into this scam. Everything about this pitch is a lie. From the value of the points to the unlimited amount the annual dues can increase, these guys make used car sales people look like supreme court justices. What made it worse is that they treated us poorly because they knew we were too smart to buy into this. They never answered our questions and when we called them on their lies, they became extremely defensive.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I was scammed by these guys for this package and they kept changing the deal terms (extra charges for extension etc.). Not sure how do they expect to upsell ownership with this kind of attitude. On top of that, Marriott doesn't take any ownership of their charges/acts, etc (Yes, beware all Marriot Bonvoy Gold/platinum members). I have used Hilton vacation club and have an amazing experience. The only region I was exploring Westin was to make sure we explore all the options before buying ownership. Strongly suggest everyone to stay away and avoid Westin!

Original review: July 19, 2019

My spouse had a health emergency and will not be flying for the foreseeable future. I have a $400 deposit to visit Maui Westin through Hawaiian Airlines offer. I contacted the Westin Vacation Club via US mail about a week outside the cancellation period of 14 days. No response. Emailed them multiple times. No responses. I have called them and I cannot cancel, extend or go alone to the Westin Maui Vacation package. One phone representative told me I may be able to cancel if I have Dr's paperwork but when she transferred me the next representative said no. Remind me not to book Westin anything in the future.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I am baffled how Westin would associate themselves with this organization - Vistara. Stay away from this timeshare industry. No disclosures made when I paid my deposit for the "invitation". When I paid the balance realized what is going on. Theft in the open!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Check in and out without a bill. High quality properties; amenities, services, and booking. Fixed costs for the accommodations, that I pay in my regular budget. Locations in incredible, top level places, and right on the beach; the ski slope, Atlantis, Disney World, and more.

Westin Vacation Club Company Information