3.97/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Discover a great timeshare now

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Westin Vacation Club Reviews

Original review: July 19, 2019

My spouse had a health emergency and will not be flying for the foreseeable future. I have a $400 deposit to visit Maui Westin through Hawaiian Airlines offer. I contacted the Westin Vacation Club via US mail about a week outside the cancellation period of 14 days. No response. Emailed them multiple times. No responses. I have called them and I cannot cancel, extend or go alone to the Westin Maui Vacation package. One phone representative told me I may be able to cancel if I have Dr's paperwork but when she transferred me the next representative said no. Remind me not to book Westin anything in the future.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I am baffled how Westin would associate themselves with this organization - Vistara. Stay away from this timeshare industry. No disclosures made when I paid my deposit for the "invitation". When I paid the balance realized what is going on. Theft in the open!

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Check in and out without a bill. High quality properties; amenities, services, and booking. Fixed costs for the accommodations, that I pay in my regular budget. Locations in incredible, top level places, and right on the beach; the ski slope, Atlantis, Disney World, and more.

Resolution response: Feb. 11, 2019

talked to the manager, and she helped me re-installed the package. mark as resolved.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

SCAM!!! I booked the 5 days Westin Maui package, and even paid $100 to reschedule it. 45 days before the arrival day, I make a phone call to ask if we can reschedule it to another date or get the refund because we have some time conflict. Contacted them twice, and was informed I was not able to make any change, and it's non-refundable, because it beyond 60 days window. After thoroughly consideration, we decided to squeeze some time to make the trip. Called them again to confirm the arrival date, and was told it was FORFEITED by the manager. If I don't ever make the phone call, I wouldn't even known the $900 package was gone with even a notice to me. This is really a scam.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I was an owner of a Westin Timeshare and had an awful experience. First, it is next to impossible to trade in your week of ownership for weeks at other properties. Second, there is zero market for selling your timeshare if you no longer want to own the property. It took me two years to sell at half of the purchase price, of which I owned the timeshare for 15 years. Third, when you sell the property, even if you have paid 100% of your dues and additional fees (yes, that is right - additional fees) to convert your usage into points for travel to other locations - you are deemed to "forfeit" all rights to the usage of those points and any reservations you have will be cancelled.

I just had this happen after 15 years of ownership and was never delinquent on any payments. I sold my property starting in use year 2019. I had a reservation for a week vacation using 2018 use year and the reservation was canceled, without anyone notifying me. I found out because I called the hotel prior to travel. STAY AWAY FROM OWNERSHIP HERE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westin Vacation Club?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Total scam! I received an offer as I am an SPG Rewards Member and paid $199 up front in February 2018 for a stay and a chance to potentially buy into the program. I was told I could not book January until June 2018. So at that point I called every week. They said I would receive an email when booking opened up. Never did. During this weekly call I was told I was too late and could only check in on Jan 6th. Really? That's a pretty short window of time. If I wanted something later, I'd have to call back at a different time as they do not yet have any future dates available. Don't do this with Westin.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I received an “exclusive invitation” for a 6 day and 5 night stay at Westin Princeville Ocean Resort and Villas in the mail. The offer said it was redeemable by the person whose name was on the offer (myself). I called an agent to discuss the nature of the offer. Based on some reviews I had read online, I wanted to know if I would be required to attend a timeshare presentation if I redeemed the offer. The agent I spoke to told me that this particular offer was “unrelated” to any timeshare offers so I would not be required to attend one, but that they would be available at the property should I like to attend one. The agent and I reviewed available dates and I told her I’d call her back to make the reservation.

I called the next day to make the reservation. During the call, the agent nonchalantly asked me what my spouse’s name was (and I answered). After the agent had gone through the reservation process (and charged my credit card) she asked me if I had any questions. I said I wasn’t sure I would be traveling with my husband so I wanted to make sure she had not used my husband’s name for the reservation. She then proceeded to tell me that I was REQUIRED to travel with my husband as part of the offer. Nowhere in the offer letter did it state (even in the small print) that traveling with your spouse would be a requirement to redeem the offer. I questioned how they could impose such a condition and I was connected to the agent’s manager.

The manager (Jay) told me that, contrary to what I had been told, the only purpose of the offer was to sell me a timeshare and that they did not want to offer “a cheap vacation package” if my spouse would not be there to experience the property with me (because according to him, we could only purchase a timeshare together). I asked why this was not disclosed in the letter and why I had been specifically told the offer was unrelated to their timeshares, to which he replied that that was its sole purpose and if I was not able to travel with my husband then “perhaps this was not a good offer for me”.

I was basically told I could not use the offer if my husband was not able to travel with me. I am quite disturbed that this company thinks it’s any of their business if I am married, divorced or separated and that they think they can tell me who I can and cannot travel with, when this is not a requirement stated in the offer they sent. I also think lying about the purpose of the offer when you call them is unethical business practice. Won’t be staying at any Westins again.

Resolution response: June 30, 2018

After posting this review, I was finally able to talk to someone at WVC and had the penalty reduced to $100 to rebook our vacation which was the original penalty stated in their disclosure. I am presently looking forward to our stay at the Westin in Maui. I've heard that it is very nice!

Original review: June 26, 2018

Booked 5 night stay at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Kaanapali with car through a mailed promotion to us. Paid everything up front. Then one month before visit I broke my foot and required a 3 hr surgery, non weight bearing for 6 weeks in a cast. Was able to cancel and reschedule airline with no fee. But Westin charged us $200 to rebook even with a letter from the orthopedic surgeon. They would not budge on this even though we wanted to rebook as soon as my foot healed and would allow me to travel. They claimed that this is a separate organization from Westin yet they go by the same name.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Westin timeshare owners BEWARE... Westin has changed their policy and now charge $50.00 for your family, even children, to use your timeshare (even if it's listed in your family trust). You need to change your title to list all family members you may want to give access to check in even if you plan on joining them later during the vacation. I wish I could file a class action suit against them for changing their terms and making my family pay for something I own and paid for. So upset right now with a resort that promotes itself as family friendly. SHAME ON YOU VISTANA!

Original review: April 6, 2017

My husband and I got tricked into signing a timeshare contract by some sweet talking salespeople from Westin Vacations. Later on we discovered misrepresentations, lies and other alarming issues which led us deciding to terminate the contract. We believe we have every right and grounds to do this even past the rescission period for reasons enumerated below:

• The promised 90-minute presentation ended up being 6 hours – this is one clear violation of law. • We were being charged maintenance fees for a year when the ownership did not even exist yet – sure it was in the contract but this was not disclosed during the presentation so we were very surprised when we received the bill. In fact when I asked the agent she cannot even explain why.

• It is extremely difficult to get a confirmed booking. Owners are not prioritized and are only given limited slots because they sell the rooms to the paying public to get more money. And of course this scenario was not presented during the sale. They mentioned (on their response to our claim) about providing assistance for our initial booking but they were offering dates and resorts that we are not interested in.

• We were not told about the need to bank points and pay corresponding fee if we do not plan to use them during the year. We were only told that the points are good for 3 years. • During the presentation we were assured that maintenance fees rarely increase and if they do, it would be very minimal. A few weeks after signing the contract, we already received a notice from the office regarding a new fee. We found out from several unhappy owners that fees are continuously rising and a lot of new ones still coming.

• We were promised that the ownership is a very excellent investment with an inflating value over time and that if the need to dispose it in the future would arise, we could easily put it in the market for a fast and easy resale. Upon doing an extensive research, we found out that all of these are lies. Many owners want to get rid of their contracts but no one is willing to take over even for free. Some are being offered for a $1 at Ebay. In short these timeshares have zero resale value.

• Their cancellation policy was not discussed/explained to us. The cancellation page which does not comply to California law was written in regular sized fonts, occupies about ¼ or 1/3 of an 8 ½ x 11 bond paper with no headings whatsoever, tucked inside the contract (obviously trying to hide it). By California law a “Notice to Cancel” should be presented separately (not inserted in the contract), written in conspicuous type, should have a Big Bold heading and normally accompanied by a cancellation form and sometimes self-addressed envelope.

All of the above issues are not unique to us. Several other owners are faced with the same dilemma. I have asked our sales agent to help us convey our intent of terminating the contract to the proper department. At the time of the sale she kept on reassuring us that she will take care of us and that she has our best interest in mind. But upon learning our intentions, she started ignoring my calls and messages and later on never responded at all. I had to take it upon myself to find out. I spoke to several different people and no one was willing to help. I was passed on from one person and department to another, until I finally found one sole individual who was kind enough to help me get my message heard and receive attention.

I have made every effort to settle this amicably with them, sent them multiple messages via email and registered mail, even reaching out to their top officers, but they repeatedly declined and insisted they had done nothing wrong and that we have signed the contract. These people are heartless crooks. They are not after any consumer satisfaction. Money is all they want. They do not even care that their company has overwhelmingly multiple complaints and negative reviews all over the internet. They call my mobile phone every day even when I already told them that have NO intentions of making any further payments.

Why should we reward a company that has not only deceived and defrauded us but has caused severe stress, frustrations and harassment to our previously peaceful life??? They're the ones who owe us big time and they still have our money. To everyone reading this -- do yourselves a huge favor and stay away from this crooks and liars at all costs if you do not want your peaceful life ruined. They do not even deserve a single star.

Westin Vacation Club Company Information