2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.33/5

Westin Vacation Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westin Vacation Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westin Vacation Club?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

We own a Week Timeshare at the Westin Maui North Resort. We received an offer for a timeshare presentation for the Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Kauai, which is a five night stay. In order to hold this offer, we paid $500. We then made a reservation at the Westin Maui for December 27, 2020--January 3 2021, and planned to make the reservation for Kauai to arrive on Jan 3, 2021 to stay the 5 nights. However, when I called the make the reservation for Kauai, I was informed that I was not able to make the stay consecutive with the stay in our Maui timeshare. They would not refund the deposit! The restriction is in the small print the you have to navigate to.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

Horrible customer service. My husband received an offer in the mail for five days four nights in Cancun Mexico. He paid the hundred dollar deposit. I talk to some people in line to change our reservation to a different resort. They refused to change it. They would not accommodate us at all. So if we don’t go we lose our hundred dollar deposit. I don’t travel outside the country so bad news for us. Now with my husband is furious with me and will not speak to me because I’m nervous about going to Mexico on vacation. Totally unsympathetic people in customer service. Would not do anything to help us out.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I can’t understand how this industry still exists and furthermore how a reputable company like Westin would associate themselves with these criminals. Every time I asked a question, the sales agent said her manager would answer that, but he never did. I found the exact same timeshare for 1/4 the price. It’s sad to think that they close an average of 15 deals per day. I feel sorry for the unsuspecting, uneducated and unsophisticated people who buy into this scam. Everything about this pitch is a lie. From the value of the points to the unlimited amount the annual dues can increase, these guys make used car sales people look like supreme court justices. What made it worse is that they treated us poorly because they knew we were too smart to buy into this. They never answered our questions and when we called them on their lies, they became extremely defensive.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I was scammed by these guys for this package and they kept changing the deal terms (extra charges for extension etc.). Not sure how do they expect to upsell ownership with this kind of attitude. On top of that, Marriott doesn't take any ownership of their charges/acts, etc (Yes, beware all Marriot Bonvoy Gold/platinum members). I have used Hilton vacation club and have an amazing experience. The only region I was exploring Westin was to make sure we explore all the options before buying ownership. Strongly suggest everyone to stay away and avoid Westin!

Original review: July 19, 2019

My spouse had a health emergency and will not be flying for the foreseeable future. I have a $400 deposit to visit Maui Westin through Hawaiian Airlines offer. I contacted the Westin Vacation Club via US mail about a week outside the cancellation period of 14 days. No response. Emailed them multiple times. No responses. I have called them and I cannot cancel, extend or go alone to the Westin Maui Vacation package. One phone representative told me I may be able to cancel if I have Dr's paperwork but when she transferred me the next representative said no. Remind me not to book Westin anything in the future.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I am baffled how Westin would associate themselves with this organization - Vistara. Stay away from this timeshare industry. No disclosures made when I paid my deposit for the "invitation". When I paid the balance realized what is going on. Theft in the open!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

Check in and out without a bill. High quality properties; amenities, services, and booking. Fixed costs for the accommodations, that I pay in my regular budget. Locations in incredible, top level places, and right on the beach; the ski slope, Atlantis, Disney World, and more.

Resolution response: Feb. 11, 2019

talked to the manager, and she helped me re-installed the package. mark as resolved.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

SCAM!!! I booked the 5 days Westin Maui package, and even paid $100 to reschedule it. 45 days before the arrival day, I make a phone call to ask if we can reschedule it to another date or get the refund because we have some time conflict. Contacted them twice, and was informed I was not able to make any change, and it's non-refundable, because it beyond 60 days window. After thoroughly consideration, we decided to squeeze some time to make the trip. Called them again to confirm the arrival date, and was told it was FORFEITED by the manager. If I don't ever make the phone call, I wouldn't even known the $900 package was gone with even a notice to me. This is really a scam.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I was an owner of a Westin Timeshare and had an awful experience. First, it is next to impossible to trade in your week of ownership for weeks at other properties. Second, there is zero market for selling your timeshare if you no longer want to own the property. It took me two years to sell at half of the purchase price, of which I owned the timeshare for 15 years. Third, when you sell the property, even if you have paid 100% of your dues and additional fees (yes, that is right - additional fees) to convert your usage into points for travel to other locations - you are deemed to "forfeit" all rights to the usage of those points and any reservations you have will be cancelled.

I just had this happen after 15 years of ownership and was never delinquent on any payments. I sold my property starting in use year 2019. I had a reservation for a week vacation using 2018 use year and the reservation was canceled, without anyone notifying me. I found out because I called the hotel prior to travel. STAY AWAY FROM OWNERSHIP HERE.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Total scam! I received an offer as I am an SPG Rewards Member and paid $199 up front in February 2018 for a stay and a chance to potentially buy into the program. I was told I could not book January until June 2018. So at that point I called every week. They said I would receive an email when booking opened up. Never did. During this weekly call I was told I was too late and could only check in on Jan 6th. Really? That's a pretty short window of time. If I wanted something later, I'd have to call back at a different time as they do not yet have any future dates available. Don't do this with Westin.

Westin Vacation Club Company Information