2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

1.1/5 (59 ratings)

About Westgate Resorts

Westgate Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westgate Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westgate Resorts?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

In August 2018, we were vacationing in Las Vegas and attended what was supposed to be a 90-minute timeshare presentation at MGM Grand…it ended up taking three hours. Two representatives kept asking if we wanted to buy, but we declined. It was a high-pressure pitch and we ended up purchasing a two-bedroom villa. There was no financing, just a down payment and a monthly payment on the mortgage as well as annual maintenance fees, however the RCI fees were never discussed along with several other non-disclosed fees. We were told that this timeshare could be passed down to our children, but we found out later that they would be responsible for the annual fees, which constantly increase.

Our salesperson also told us that we could sell it if we wanted. This was completely believable at the time because they said they were selling us a traded in unit from someone who no longer wanted to be an owner. We’ve recently learned that timeshares have no resale value and there is no buyback program through Westgate, hence this negative review. The salespeople were aggressive, unrelenting, and untruthful. We never planned on buying in to a timeshare and haven’t even booked a single vacation yet BECAUSE NOTHING IS EVER AVAILABLE. Don’t believe anything they tell you. Everything we were told was a lie!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

I bought a timeshare from Westgate in April 2019. During the sales presentation I told the reps that English was not my first language, and I was having trouble understanding which is probably why they manipulate and pressure me. I had multiple people introducing themselves as managers and they all offered better deals every time I said no. Here are just a few fake promises from these Westgate managers: I could exchange my apartment for a cruise; I could visit my family overseas in Turkey for $250 for the week; my family will inherit a paid off property; this would give me 2 vacations a year. None of that is true! I was not told of the 17.99% interest. I must pay EXTRA to have an account to access account details. Then I need to pay even MORE for a different program to travel abroad!

Those salespeople really know how to take advantage of you. I eventually did travel to Turkey and called Westgate to request an exchange like the salespeople said I could. I had to pay more for the Interval program and then found out there wasn’t any availability! I even checked other countries… NOTHING is available. They preyed on me because of my limited English at the time. It’s been a couple years and I understand much more now. I will not sit by and let them continue to take advantage of me or anyone else. Beware of Westgate Resorts!!!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2021

I stayed in the 1300 block. Bad place. People smoking, people pounding on the door at dawn, piss stink in the hallway, people with loud music at dawn. It seems more like a slum, bad place. Never again. So bad.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

I don't want to bore you with the details. These people are gainfully skilled to twist phrases, not completely answer questions and never issue the full contract until you are locked in. Take the free stuff, keep saying no. My family was told so many broken promises, were told it was unlimited weeks when there were speaking in reference to the hotels under interval international. We literally on have two weeks. We told that certain benefits were available after 30 days, that was lie, nothing was available til after the full deposit was paid not the initial coins you're offered.

When your salesperson or direct contact realizes the lie, they never call back. They wait days and months after til where you are just stuck. Their excuse is you can always sell back. If you are eager to travel note there's other options. The rep Rick even said, "Why would you pay half of it off, they want you to accumulate the interest." Oh yea the food was hard sandwiches btw, so the restaurant was a no go. Run as fast as you can.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

We made a stop in Orlando on the way home to Atlanta from our honeymoon trip to Miami. Westgate baited us with free breakfast and free Disneyland tickets, broke and hungry free food and Disney Tickets sounded like the perfect way to end our honeymoon. We agreed to what was supposed to be a 90-minute presentation, but it turned into a talk that lasted ALL DAY!

We were shown a unit that we really liked but were still very unsure. We wanted time to speak to a relative of ours who is in real estate, as the rep kept referring to it as a real estate investment. When we mentioned this, the rep all but called us STUPID for not taking the one time deal they were only able to offer that day! Tired of debating and going back and forth we FINALLY purchased. We were not informed of our right to cancel in 10 days, therefore by the time we were able to get some advice on our purchase we were already locked in.

They played us into this purchase and since then, we have been put in nasty, dirty, rusted rooms. When we called to complain there was NEVER any resolution, except to upgrade our timeshare. They want your money, but you don’t get the quality! DON’T ALLOW THEM TO WOO YOU WITH THE MODEL UNIT, IT'S THERE TO GET YOU EXCITED! IT'S NOT WHAT YOU’RE PAYING FOR!

Original review: July 28, 2021

My experience with this timeshare is a scam...They don't tell you about the hidden fees. I started out paying $389 a month and then the next month it was $500... Talking about the fees changes over the months. But they don't tell about them hidden fees, when trying to ** thinking it's a good investment for you and your family but it's not. Then they told me I had a whole week with 2 bedrooms...Come to find out I'm not paying for that..but that's what I sign up for. I recommend nobody sign up for this. They keep talking to you and convince you it's a good deal when it's not at all. We sit there 7 hours with music.. You can't hear what they telling you. This is a BIG SCAM,,!!

Original review: July 27, 2021

We were offered huge savings on our tickets to Anakeesta. Overall we saved about $200! We went to view the property in the Smokies/Gatlinburg. We had breakfast and met with a person that showed us the resort. We were not ready to purchase at this time. No high pressure, in and out in the promised time frame. Great experience and we will do this again when we come back next year!

Original review: July 19, 2021

Do not fall for Westgate’s timeshare scam! My family & I attended a “seminar” in return for promised tickets to Sea World. The representative who met with us made us believe that booking vacations without owning a timeshare was way too expensive. We decided very early on we were not interested but when we asked about receiving the tickets, we were told we had to finish the tour. They continued by offering us timeshares at a very high price and we continued to say NO! The representative told us he could offer us cheaper timeshares from ones that were repossessed or foreclosed on. A red flag that was not clear to us at the time.

We spent close to 6 hours with 4 different salespeople. Each one applied more pressure to buy than the last. I felt the only way out was to buy the cheapest they had. That was the worst mistake I could have made because they did not tell me about all the fees attached to owning their timeshare. Not only that but these fees get increase every single year with no justification! Not a single person on that sales team mentioned this. Be advised, Westgate will scam anyone they can break down during their “seminars”. Do not attend these!

Original review: July 16, 2021

ILLEGAL SALES PRACTICES. If I had to describe my experience with Westgate Resorts, those are the words I would use. A meeting that was only supposed to last an hour ended up ending after 4 LONG HOURS OF HIGH-PRESSURE SALE TACTICS. My husband and I needed a vacation and sitting in a room listening to someone try to sell us something was not the way this was supposed to go. We were so mentally drained by the end of this that we accepted the last offer that came to the table. That’s the only way we were going to be able to leave and salvage the rest of our vacation. The paperwork that came after we said yes was breezed over which was odd seeing that they just took 4 hours pitching this to us.

When we FINALLY left, we felt very uneasy. We tried to contact the salesperson MULTIPLE TIMES with no success, to later find out the person didn’t work there anymore, at least that’s what we're told. When were finally able to get some real details, it was too late. They wore us down until we said yes and then disappeared conveniently during the cancellation period, so we were locked in with no way out.

Original review: July 14, 2021

“WELL IT SOUNDS LIKE THE SALESMAN LIED TO YOU.” Words straight out of a Westgate employee’s mouth, when I recently attempted to book 4 rooms for a vacation using our 2019 weeks. I was told they were my ownership was very low priority and Branson had no weeks available for the entire year! I kindly explained to them that in 2020 I was promised that they would reactivate 2018 and 2019 weeks plus the 2 weeks we had left in 2020 and they would hold the same priority as 2021 weeks because they went unused due to unavailability. All while our maintenance fees continue to rapidly increase!

When we started this in 2008, we had 3 weeks with maintenance fees at $700 a year and now with 5 weeks EVERY OTHER YEAR our fees have skyrocketed to over $1,700 a year plus a $100 surcharge if you want to break up your years. No such fee was EVER brought up during the sales pitch. I am appalled at the amount of unprofessionalism this company displays! WARNING WESTGATE DOES NOT KNOW THE DEFINITION OF MORALS OR ETHICS!

Westgate Resorts Company Information