1.0/5 (71 ratings)

About Westgate Resorts

Westgate Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westgate Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Westgate Resorts?

Original review: April 7, 2022

I can’t believe Westgate gets away with the things they do…or that I fell into their trap. The reps talked a good game about the “fact” that we could travel twice a year, which couldn’t be further from the truth. I was lied to about being able to get out of the contract if I wanted to, so now I’m stuck with a useless timeshare that isn’t what I thought it would be, nor is anything close to what I was sold on. Then there were the hidden fees. If on the off chance you can get a reservation, be prepared to pay even more to use what you’re already shelling money out for! I was even told that I could use my timeshare to make some money. That comes with a $99 hidden fee with no guarantees of the points being rented out! Seems like Westgate only takes and never gives anything in return. So far, I’ve tossed away $10,000+ for nothing.

Original review: April 6, 2022

These people make promises of gifts for a 90 minute presentation. They lie to get you in and will keep you up to 4 hours sending a number of people to pressure you. Then Salvadore demanded to see my is again and try to delay me when I said no. Scammers and liars. Stay clear.

Original review: March 31, 2022

Many promises, said I have 1,500 to spend with travel, said all Westgate you pay 150.00 for 7 days. It's not true. Also 150.00 to friends and family, said to 399 to different resorts, company SCAM. Gave me headache and stressful.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Scam Company. I assign the contract to Timeshare. Unfortunately, it's a scam company. Before I sign said for me to Friends and for me Westgate I pay $150.00, to other resorts, not Westgate $399.00 plus $1,500.00 to use when I travel. To my surprise, when I tried booking the Westgate the price was completely different. I can't use $1.500.00 and discounts I have others website have. I would like to cancel my contract and I will sue the company. I want my money back.

Original review: March 25, 2022

Beware of the "concierge" Cody at the Smoky Mountains resort. He conducted a "survey" for the resort and in return for your time he stated Westgate would waive your maintenance fees. It's a scam and not true. I reported him to the resort and reported this to the BBB. The resort did not seem bothered by this business practice when we reported this. I am disappointed that Westgate was not concerned as I am a owner with them.

Original review: March 23, 2022

Westgate Resorts are a bunch of scammers. They will stop at nothing to lie and deceive you to buy their junk timeshares. They sell you their timeshare as an “investment” and constantly try and get you to upgrade. They won’t take no for an answer constantly pressuring you! I told the saleswoman Tressimie that buying a timeshare wasn’t the right option for me because I was waiting or a kidney transplant and on dialysis. Tressimie then told me that it would be an investment to make money to pay for my medical bills! What does that say about the ethics about Westgate? Dragging someone into debt when they’re in poor health? They are predatory and greedy! Don’t attend their sales presentations, they’re entirely too long and filled with the biggest lying sales bums in the world! FAILURE TO DISCLOSE TRUTH IN LENDING, HIDDEN FEES, LIES, JUNK ROOMS!!!! Stay away from Westgate!

Original review: March 14, 2022

The resort accommodations are nice. This review is targeted at the timeshare selling experience. What’s advertised as 90 minutes is actually over 3 hours. After the initial sell attempt, another person will come to attempt to sell you. After you tell them no, a “closer” will come in attempting to sell you not on ownership but for a vacation stay. Upon telling him no, I was literally told “get your gift and goodbye.” This was very rude and unnecessary especially after he “sympathized” about the value of a dollar etc. If they think these sorts of tactics and treatment is going to make someone consider purchasing a timeshare or even use it as a rental it won’t ever be me.

Sad state of affairs. This was annoying also because I didn't even want to meet with anyone about a timeshare in which they wanted $64000 and $15000 down. They also magically come up with two other deals from owners selling the remaining balance of their timeshare and try to conive you into paying alower monthly payment. What they don't tell you is the constant rise of maintenance fees annually. This sort of treatment actually pisses me off because weaker minded people agree to these terrible agreements and lose money and suffer anxiety and frustration when all they were trying to do originally was have a relaxing vacation. They can take their timeshare and shove it.

Original review: March 7, 2022

If I had known what I was in for when signing up with Westgate, I'd have run the other way. The salespeople are highly aggressive and pushy. They clearly only care about the money since they told us every lie in the book to get me and my wife to sign a contract. One of the things we were told was that the maintenance fees would remain about the same, but they have increased consistently. They make up deals and claim that they're only good right then there and forced us to make a snap decision without time to think it over.

Part of the reason we ended up signing after about six hours of intense pressure was because there was a safety net. Westgate had a program to buy back the property if we changed our minds. When I needed this option, I was informed that it was never even available. We have never been able to use the timeshare because of availability issues, and now that my wife has passed, I have no desire to use it. I informed Westgate of my wife passing and received no compassion or help. All the contract has done is make my life more difficult.

Original review: March 6, 2022

Westgate timeshares are a SCAM! We made the unfortunate mistake of attending one of their “short” presentations in exchange for tickets to Universal Studios & Sea World. Not only were their sales guys super aggressive but they also flat out lied to us. Ricardo ** & Tiele ** told us that buying a timeshare from Westgate was the same as investing into real estate and that we could make rental income. Westgate took advantage of us not knowing much about timeshare. It was all **. There’s no point in buying a timeshare because even non owners have access to their resorts, you can book them online on the cheap.

Westgate is very deceitful, and they omit a lot of the financial details about their timeshares, there are fees that you must pay every month and they increase over time…But they don’t tell you that until the purchase is made! We tried to get rid of the timeshare due to financial hardship and medical issues, but we just got the run around and they referred us to shady third-party companies. If we could give Westgate a lower rating, we would! Westgate is a huge scam.

Original review: March 6, 2022

WESTGATE RESORTS is a SCAM! They sweet talk you and are full of LIES and beat around the bush with answering questions! They bring you in by offering discounted tickets to amusement parks but with the condition of attending a mandatory presentation. Sales reps said we qualified just by attending the meeting, but when we told the sales reps “NO, we are not interested”, they pressured us and relentlessly harassed us into purchasing! I SHED TEARS; I HAD A PANIC ATTACK while signing the paperwork! We were told we could earn extra income by renting out our timeshare, but that was just a lie…now we have nothing but debt. They never told us we could cancel the contract during a short window, which is why we are stuck – I’m sure they left that out INTENTIONALLY because they knew I had so much anxiety over this purchase. Avoid this company at all cost!

Original review: March 5, 2022

WESTGATE RESORTS is the worst. They lie, deny information, offer free Disney World tickets and rob us of our finances! My family and I planned a trip to Disney World because we were offered a promotion of FREE Disney World Tickets through Westgate Resorts, we were aware we had to attend a 90-minute presentation, but that wasn’t a problem. What we were NOT aware of was that we would be in that presentation for 6 hours and PRESSURED INTO BUYING A TIMESHARE.

It is a WORTHLESS timeless, most certainly not an investment that we were TRICKED into purchasing! They waived the Disney tickets around saying “if you want these tickets you are obligated to attend the entire presentation”. We said NO multiple times to the sales reps that we are not interested in purchasing anything, we were only attending the presentation to qualify for the tickets. They just ignored us and continued their sales pitch. This has all been a joke, the entire company is a big scam, they defraud people, and fool you by using the right words to make it seem like we are getting the “best deal”, but all we got is lied to!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

This is the worst scam in the history of the USA, protected by politicians and Lawyers. They bring you to a controlled environment, they lie to you, they make you believe this is an inversion but, when 99% of the investors losses their investment. The true is that this is a HUGE OFFICIAL SCAM PROMOTED BY THE STATE GOVERNMENT. They also makes deals with "nice" lawyers that will liberate from this scam. HUGE scam. EVERY PENNY "INVESTED" in West Gate is lost.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2022

SCAM SCAM SCAM. That is the nicest thing I can say about Westgate and their timeshares. In the 6 years that I have been with them, I have gotten ONE vacation, yet am expected to pay close to $30k by the time my timeshare is paid off. This is especially disappointing since when I bought it, I was specifically told I could vacation when and where I wanted.

The salespeople were particularly aggressive and applied a ton of pressure to make a purchase. They literally kept me there for 7 hours with no breaks. I’m sure this is a tactic to wear you down while they talk in circles about the fantastic investment a Westgate timeshare is. By the time the contract came, I barely noticed how little time it took to sign. I did not even realize until later that a copy of the contract was not provided when I left. I called to have one mailed to me and received it about 2 weeks later, which was conveniently well after the 10 day cancellation period that was never mentioned.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2022

The great investment Westgate’s staff told me I was making has been nothing but a worry! When I bought my timeshare, I believed everything the salespeople said. After all, who would know better than their “educated” employees? It wasn’t until later that I found out everything was a lie! This “investment” was supposed to give me extra income since I could rent out my timeshare. I have not been able to do that even once in my 5+ years as an owner. I was also promised access to Disney Resorts, except they have NO affiliation with Disney as they promised. Booking reservations is not nearly as easy as described. I probably have the same chance of winning the lottery as I do getting a reservation in any kind of desirable destination. At this point, I’m just throwing money away on nothing! Westgate told so many lies I can’t believe a word from anyone at that company any longer.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Made reservation by phone through owner’s referral around 5:00p and headed to the hotel. Upon arrival, at 10:30pm, the reservation had listed the wrong room type and the hotel claimed no additional rooms available in the room type we were supposed to have. Front staff was not helpful, and was told no manager was available that we would need to call to report our issues. The number we were given was only open weekdays during business hours and our stay was for a weekend so that didn’t help at all.

The hallway carpets were very dirty with stains, and dog pee was constantly in elevator. Our room wasn’t cleaned well before we arrived and I found someone’s drugs (labeled as insulin) in our fridge which security had to get. The shower wouldn’t get hot and there was low pressure regardless of time of day. Major construction was going on which meant limited parking, and being woken up by 8am even on weekend with trucks and construction noises. The beds were very tall and very hard (all of us woke up sore in necks and backs every morning, even our 15 year old). The very old AC unit ran super loud and made it hard to sleep.

Marijuana was heavily used in the hotel parking lots (especially Lot 2) and also just outside gate to pool deck but security, when informed, didn’t seem to care and just said that happens around there. They are also very short staffed and so do not do housekeeping at all. You have to get toilet paper and towels requests from front desk. Timeshare presentation was supposed to be 90m - it turned out to be a 5 hour (not at all lying). Very pushy and aggressive by the time the manager came. They didn’t listen to us at all but tried to push a decision what wasn’t for us on us. The worst part is that it took up an extra 3.5 hours of daylight which meant we didn’t get to enjoy the beach that we came to enjoy. We did try to speak to management, the owner referral program, and the timeshare folks about the issues we had while on-site but no one was able to provide any resolution nor did they seem to really care about our terrible experience.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

We stayed there as part of the timeshare program. They require a 2 hour sales pitch. Here the Doctor of sales bold face lied to us left and right. He told us a water taxi was being built and all these other things that cannot be true. When we left they refused to let us see a contract and kept trying to talk me down to signing. They were insulting and rude. When I got home from my vacation I found out they charged me extra charges!! When I called the representative said they are standard. When I checked out I was told there would be no other charges, the bill was paid, we were done. Now one representative claimed the charges weren't there at all and another said they were standard. I will take it to my bank! Horrible place. Do not do business with them!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2022

Don’t fall for all the hype from the Westgate sales reps trying to pull a fast one on you with their deceptive double-talk. I only went to their presentation for discounted Disney World tickets and got roped into spending tens of thousands of dollars. Salespeople will tell you how wonderful of an investment their timeshares are and that you can travel all over the world.

When my saleswoman found out I was in the U.S on a student visa, she used that to her advantage. She said that if I “owned a property” in this country, it would be easier for my family and I to get visas to stay here permanently. She also told me that I could sell it back to Westgate if I changed my mind or rent it out for extra money. All lies! Even the part about easy access to reservations was a lie. I can never find anything that is available, resorts are always booked solid. I have had this timeshare for over a decade and have been able to use it TWICE. Save your money and take a vacation in the places you want to go without worrying if there will be a unit available. This timeshare is a complete waste of money.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

My husband and I were on vacation in Branson when we were offered free show tickets from a Westgate representative if we were to take a tour of their resort. Since the representative told us that we would not need to purchase a timeshare, we decided to take him up on his offer. When we arrived the day of the tour, we started the conversation with the representative by telling them that we had no intention of making a purchase. We told him that we rarely vacation and that our home is paid off, so we had ZERO intention of having monthly payments for something that we could not utilize every day.

The staff told us that purchasing with Westgate would be a real estate investment and would increase in value the longer we were owners and that the company would pay US to NOT use the timeshare during peak times! Sounds too good to be true, right? Well, we have learned that it is NOWHERE NEAR THE TRUTH!! Instead, we are charged additional fees to use the unit during the off-season and anyone can book these rooms straight off the internet WITHOUT a mortgage. When we reached out to them asking to cancel, they just told us that there was nothing that they could do. Do not believe anything this company tells you! They are a total scam!!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

If you are going to vacation at Westgate or attend a presentation, I hope you read this beforehand. My wife and I were sucked into a presentation while on vacation that turned into a four hour debacle. Take it from me, do not believe anything they tell you. We got told that we were making an investment that would be easy to resell because the value only goes up, never down. Not true. Once the contract was paid off, we could use the timeshare for the rest of our lives. Partially true. They neglected to mention that we'd still have to pay maintenance fees for the rest of our lives too.

Then there were things that were completely left out. Our children will be forced to inherit the timeshare and the maintenance fee responsibility. There are hidden fees for things like just making reservations. Now we are stuck with a timeshare that we don't want that was sold to us with gross misrepresentations. I genuinely hope that this review saves someone else the frustration of what I've been through.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

Westgate is not the company we thought it to be. They have not been truthful in selling us this timeshare. The sales presentation itself was intimidating. They pressure you into buying and won't take no for an answer. When we raise that complaint with Westgate, we are told that they're sorry we felt pressured but we could have left at any time. We all know that's not the truth. They have told us they can't honor verbal statements. How is it someone can flat out lie to someone's face and not be held accountable. The majority of people do not have time to comb through the contracts we have to sign in order to be let out. They have also mentioned that full disclosure was provided at the time of purchase, but that isn't true.

We worked with Mr. ** there at Westgate. He apologized for what we were sold during the presentation. Then we found out he had lied to our face as well when we went to the meeting to upgrade. We were told that for what we were paying, we could have a bigger unit with better availability. We were offered gift cards for attending this meeting. It turns out those gift cards were expired. So not only have we been misled by the original meeting, but got tricked into attending another one with more lies being dished out. We are not trying to cause trouble with Westgate. We are simply trying to terminate the contract and move on. Hopefully reaching out this way will get us the results we're seeking. We are eagerly awaiting your response.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

Westgate Resorts? You mean soulless animals that only care about money? Clearly, I am not a fan of theirs. I cannot stand their slimy sales tactics. I booked a really cheap vacation with the requirement of going to a sales presentation. When I got there, I was surprised to find hard plastic chairs, which I was forced to sit in for several hours. I patiently sat through the presentation that was supposed to be about 90- minutes. The salespeople kept offering deals, I’d say NO, and they’d swap out salespeople. Over and over. All of them used the same lies and were extremely rude when told NO.

When the salespeople learned that my husband and I were actually separated, they used this as a tactic against us and even told us not to disclose the separation when signing the contract because it would affect the financing. The promise that Westgate would take back the timeshare if we changed our minds was a blatant lie. They do NOT take any timeshares back from owners. The staff left out vital financial information, so neither of us knew what we were paying until being surprised with bills, which were considerably more than disclosed. This whole situation has been an absolute nightmare and they will not let us out even after their dishonesty!!! I guess I should not be surprised. I hope no one reading this gets in to bed with this company because you will regret it.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

I rather get a toe cut off to get rid of the timeshare ruined my life, there is a rape clause I feel like…so don’t do it run as fast as you can. They won’t help you, will charge you wrongly and won’t take off fees add fees won’t be able to communicate with same people who sold you timeshare. They pawn you off as much as possible. They give you water that has something in it to make you docile.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

SCAM ALERT!!! Use extreme caution when doing business with Westgate. My wife and I were coerced into an expensive contract based on lies from the “knowledgeable salespeople” we dealt with. They did not disclose any of the extra fees associated with the timeshare and even said we could MAKE money by renting it out. What was supposed to be an investment became a financial burden. We agreed to the outrageous price of almost $23,000 but what we didn’t know is that with interest and fees, we will be paying more than double that amount! That does not include the annual maintenance fees. What started as $850/year is now well over $1,100/year.

In over 8 years, we’ve only been able to book 4 trips, 3 of which were not where we wanted to go. We paid a $200 booking fee each time. Don’t they have enough of our money? It’s so difficult to book trips, it is not even worth the effort. We are stuck paying what will be over $50,000 for mediocre vacations… IF we can even get one! WESTGATE IS A MONEY PIT.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2022

My wife and I were approached by Westgate employees and told we would attend a 90 minute sales presentation and for our participation we would receive a 3 day/2 night vacation and $120 gift card. My wife and I had time and decided why not, what's 90 minutes. This was one of the worst decisions we EVER made. This presentation went on for over 8 hours. After numerous attempts at leaving and telling Nick we couldn't afford to pay the down payment, he continued to try and sell to us even going as far as putting our $120 gift card and telling us he would pay half of the down payment if we came up with the other half. He also told us it was illegal what he was doing. He literally pocketed our gift card and money we give just to try and get it over with so we could leave. After going to the final paperwork we finally had an opportunity to let upper management know what was going on in which we found out we didn't need a down payment. Westgate is a horrible business. This ruined our last day of our honeymoon being stuck in a room for 8 hours. NEVER AGAIN!!! KEEP FAR AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2021

Do not do any business with this company. High pressured sales department that are not truthful about what they are selling. Me and my husband were pressured for over an hour to buy a future vacation for $845 to any of their locations for five days and four nights. When we went to use it there was no availability for any place that we tried to go for three months. The vacation package is worthless. Scam.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

We have owned there for years. Each time we go they push to go to show updates and members dinner. Check-in you have to get rude to leave you alone about changes to resort. If you agree they show a upgrade late from the time of appointment they try to take you sales department to upgrade your unit and won't stop till you start yelling to leave you alone. Don't do anything when you check in but take unit key and parking pass then run.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

I was booking a room online for the Westgate Lake Resort, when I received a pop-up offer to save 40% on my purchase. When I called to inquire, I was told that this would involve lunch and a resort tour, which would take about 90 minutes of our time and that no purchase was required, so I decided this was worth the $1000 discount.

On the day of the presentation, we arrived and sat in a lounge waiting for more than half an hour. When we were finally given a rep to meet with, we told her from the beginning that we were not interested in purchasing anything. She told us that as an owner with Westgate, we could go to any resort, worldwide, for $203 a week! This seemed too good to be true (spoiler alert: it was!). When she told us that we could pass the benefits down to our children and if we passed away, we would no longer be responsible for payments, we really believed her.

For SIX HOURS, we told their staff that we could not afford this, that we had just filed bankruptcy, and that we could not afford a down payment of any amount, but THEY WOULD NOT STOP. They stated this would help us build back our credit. We finally gave in to the smallest down payment because we believed it was the only way out. They rushed us through the contract so fast that we were never told the interest rate on the loan, shown the true cost of ownership, or told about the cancellation period. Now we know the truth and Westgate is ignoring our requests to cancel this. Stay away from them!!! The discount isn’t worth it!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

Norman & Robin. My wife and I were out to dinner with our family when we were approached by a Westgate employee and asked to attend a 90-minute sales presentation. Since we were told that we would be given a $100 gift card for our time and there was no obligation to purchase, we felt that we had nothing to lose. This is just where the lies began! This presentation was really more than 4 hours of the most intense sales pressure that I have ever experienced! We were told that purchasing a timeshare with Westgate would be the same as owning a vacation home – we could use it whenever we wanted, we would reap the tax benefits of owning a second home, and the investment would continue to appreciate in value and build us equity over the years.

No matter how many times we said that we could not afford this, they continued to push until we had no choice but to make a purchase so that we could leave. At no point we were told that we would pay nearly THREE TIMES the quoted price by the time the loan was complete or that this debt would be passed on to our children in the future. I am absolutely sickened by the way that this company treated us, and I am sure other people as well. Stay FAR AWAY!!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

Westgate needs to do better! My wife and I have been dealing with them ever since we took a vacation to Las Vegas in 2019, where we lured in with an offer of a free mini vacation. With the amount of money that’s been wasted, I could have paid for multiple vacations. The sales meeting was a nightmare. We were kept waiting for 45 minutes before we even started and then sat there for ANOTHER 4 hours for the presentation. The entire time, we expressed that we were not interested in purchasing the timeshare. The sales staff pressured us with lies and increasingly better deals, all while intimidating us by having multiple reps approach us at once, all bombarding us with different things. We were tricked into this timeshare deal with false information. They all told us that we were buying in to a real estate investment, not a timeshare.

The value would always increase, yet there is no property and no monetary value attached as we later discovered. There was also a promise of making a profit from the timeshare by renting out the unit but that never happened, due to lack of availability. Also, no matter how many times we told them we needed time to process the information, the reps pushed harder by telling us these were one-time deals being offered. In hindsight, that’s an obvious sales tactic. DO NOT FALL FOR IT. In fact, don’t give Westgate the time of day!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I called for months and was told payments would stop and they continued. The reps Fernando and Kathleen was by far the rudest of them all. Majority of ALL the reps are rude. A lady Rosie did in upgrade that she act as if I had to do it and it would be cheaper payments and she pretty much gave me in upgrade that I canceled once I found out and they still continued to take payments after I said to cancel. I called and was told the payments was taken manually...How and I NEVER gave the okay! This is TERRIBLE timeshare and if you have money to waste "Please do". They will rip off anyone!

Westgate Resorts Company Information