2. Miscellaneous

3.6/5 (1448 ratings)

About Uber

Uber Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I know this is late. I was hoping they would have read the app review and respond but here it is. System support is no good. They ignore you if you have certain questions before they try redirecting the question. Example on 5/15/19 I took a Uber ride. It cost $8.49. Paid for it by Apple Pay. Went through. I tipped $3.00. Didn’t go through but it looked like it went through so I didn’t know it didn’t go through. A week later I tried purchasing a ride pass. It wasn’t working. It just pops up saying check billing address settings.

There’s no billing address settings in the app but I assumed it was something with my card so I added my credit card in. Still the same. So I removed and put it back in. No joy so I’m message them that there was a glitch or something. Took them 12 to 20 hrs to respond but they said that I owed a outstanding amount of $3.00. "Please respond back with last 4 digits of card number you want to charge before 5:45pm" so I checked my bank account and I did owe that money. So I responded back with the info and a question why they don’t have a system in place to notify that there was a payment issue and a means to take care of it right there and then.

They answered, "Please provide more detail." So I did but what more detail they needed not sure. But they responded, "Please call Apple to see why payment didn’t go through." That’s a redirection answer. So I responded, "That’s not what I was asking. I was asking why you don’t have a notification system in to notify that there was a payment issue and a means to pay for it. Also what would I do if I was stranded at work or something." Then they didn’t respond to anything to that question.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I've had problems with Uber only wanting to accept certain debit cards before for payment options. Lyft would accept those same debit cards with no problem. My most recent problem with Uber I added $50.00 gift card and the cash was added however every time I attempted to get a ride it said error accepting the payment. It was very hard to navigate the app to find a way to contact customer service regarding that issue. There is no customer service number and using email customer support for my particular issue was a pain.

I finally got a email the next day. The first one said the temporary hold was lifted and I could use the account but that wasn't accurate. I continued receiving emails basically saying the same things like more information or that a hold was placed because my number was associated with another account email that I didn't recognize. Basically the emails were saying the same things but never did they come up with a solution.

Finally I sent them a screenshot of the error message and instead of resolving the issue they said there was a issue resolving my request and that I couldn't use the app at all. Which was baffling to me. So I have no desire to use their app at this point anyways because I will no longer be a customer. Customer Service sucks and it's hard to resolve issues with this company and harder to even contact any customer service assistance.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I was a 5* driver in Houston for two years. After two years of driving, my background check came up with an expired tag. My account got terminated. Here is the kicker. The management said the real reason was because I hadnt driven during the covid19 pandemic. No **? Lol.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

The date of the trip was 5th January 2021. And time was around 9:40PM. The car was Toyota sienna. The issue with the driver was first he booked the trip. And then he arrived late at the pick up location. And after coming towards us he says that we have to pay more money. We were two people with few groceries that he was taking advantage of the weather and time waiting. He said that if we won’t pay extra he’s going to cancel the trip. He was talking so rude and loud. It was very embarrassing for us. And then he makes the trip start and then when we were ready to go he changed his mind and canceled the trip. And left us helpless. And then we have to book for other Uber.

This is completely unacceptable and negligence of customer service. This is not the way to treat a person with respect to humanity. I want your organisation to talk to that uber driver and make him understand that we have paid for that service and that he should not take customer for granted. And we were not there for him to come and embarrass in public and then left us feel helpless. In the end we took another uber and the groceries fit very easygoing just 3 bags and 2 people fits very, very easily in a small uber and hence that old driver was asking that we need to pay money in cash credit for uber xl for the same elements that was a very, very bad thing on customer service part. Thanks and regards

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I started with Uber between 3 and 4 years ago. Initially it was great. I was a fleet. Money was good. No sweat. Then I left the fleet service and went solo. Big mistake. The pay is totally different, and you ultimately get less of it. But the ultimate slap in the face came when I started following my fare details. Example: My fare details on one of my trips was this.

You receive: $6.24
(details say $9.29)
Customer pays:$19.45

Uber receives: $13.21

I know and understand uber has to take theirs for operating costs....BUT give me a break....What is the justification for them to get that much and I'm only getting the 6.24. There is NOTHING that can justify it. So if you're looking for work, my personal advice is look somewhere else...unless you like getting screwed!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

My Uber account and Uber Eats was compromised this week. There is NO WAY to contact this company by phone. I sent an email. After 24 hours received a response.They acknowledged that my account was compromised, but offered NO HELP in resetting my password. I contacted them at least 7 times requesting to do so, because when I'm prompted to log on, they say a link was sent to my email. but I never received it. It obviously was intercepted by the thieves who hacked my account. Do yourself a favor and go with LYFT. This company doesn't care about the consumer at all. They allowed thieves to get into my account within minutes yet they don't respond to consumers when there is fraudulent activity going on. SHAME ON THEM!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

Price is good and service reliable, I know I can get a ride at any time. But sometimes drivers cancel for no reason and I have to re-book ride, and I even got charged one time for a cancellation fee even though driver cancelled, which is why I reduced a star.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

When I first started using Uber, they had the best prices! Now, a 10 minute ride which any other cab company who also has good mannered drivers and clean cars charges $11-$12. Uber is now asking between $18 and $25. It's not rocket science. I will be taking the cab instead. In addition, during the pandemic I placed an Uber eats order from Dunkin Donuts; coffee a sandwich and a donut, bc it was delivered by Uber eats, was almost 25! No thanks!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

I did a scheduled ride a couple of days ago for the next morning. It was move/relocation related. At the designed time of 7AM the app confirmed my scheduled request and that a drive was near. As I waited it appeared someone should be nearby. At the 30 minute late mark, it was obvious no one was showing up. I began to check everywhere for a 1-800-help line but there was none. I looked for live chat, none. I looked everywhere but nothing. It is clear that Uber does not want to be bothered by customers who are depending on their ride.

After losing a lot of time, I requested a ride in real time and it forced me to a higher price level at what point "Sxyz" immediately got the assignment but was 20 mins away. Why would Uber allow someone that far away to take this assignment? The person got here as quickly as they could. It was obvious why they were not working other jobs. They did get me to my destination but I was not comfortable with their driving or state of mind. Uber would get a 0 star rating if that option was available. This is not the first time I used Uber nor the first time I've considered their service "terrible". 70% of the issue is Uber and 30% is some of their drivers.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

If you need a ride right now everything is fine and works perfectly. The problem starts when you need to schedule a ride for later date/time. It is practically impossible to do. I figured after all this years in business they have ironed out the software and killed all the bugs, I was very wrong. For example if I am at location A now but my friend is giving me a ride to location B in 2 hours, then in 3 hours I need a ride from location B to location C, the software blindly tries to match my current location and gives an annoying error message about the location!! Is this so hard to fix? “We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." John F. Kennedy. Rice University, September 12, 1962.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

Driver was lost and could not speak any English. I was going to my first job and it was my first day. I got there a half hour late. Driver made me feel very uneasy. I tried to call Uber customer service, it was very difficult for me to find their phone number. When I finally found their number and called them it took over 10 minutes to get someone on the line that could help me.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

As a rider, I was significantly overcharged from the quoted price. The highest price shown was around $90 with a note that surge pricing may apply. My trip was from Mill Valley, CA to SFO. My driver and the car were great, though I would have appreciated the driver explaining the 5x rate, which didn't happen. I never saw the estimated charge other than the $90 quote. The ride was about 40 min. The charge was $293.45. Uber makes it next to impossible to register a complaint and as far as I can tell, all responses are computer-generated. I worked for hours to find the choice, charges did not match the quoted price. In the meantime, I used some other button to register a complaint. Uber's reply has been that the charges stand as they are. I feel totally ripped off by Uber and will not ride with them again. These charges are outrageous.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2020

On October 16th, I reviewed my bank account and there was two charges for Uber that totaled $50. I contacted my husband to see if he knew anything about the charges and he did not. I contacted the bank and they could see that it was my husband's debit card number. Neither one of us has ever used Uber, and he is a truck-driver and was driving at the time the charges were posted. The bank said that he needed to contact Uber to dispute the charges. It is not easy to find out how to contact Uber, there are no phone numbers available, so the only way is to do everything online. I logged the dispute and was contacted by Kervin and he said he had passed it onto another department. There has been no contact since. The bank has reversed the charges, but Uber needs to be held accountable for the fraudulent charges. Very disappointed in the way Uber has handled this situated.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE!! The app charges you for your ride but once you're dropped off they keep charging. I had no choice but to take an Uber and again! I was charged for my ride, then a lesser amount than my ride and then again I woke up with my bank telling me I took another ride with Uber and was charged. Amazing cause IDK how I can take a ride while I'm sleeping. I've gone through this with them about 3 times already and instead of doing their job they ask me to, when they can check my ride log and compare to the charges.. I mean is this not what they are paid for?! Uber won't be paying me for an hour or 2 of my time to do it soooo.. Common sense. Or get experienced customer service employees who want to do their jobs, myself having at least 15 yrs of experience.

I find it absolutely DISGUSTING and I'm starting the hashtag #BoycottUberThiefs just for them so please, everyone use it! Without demand they are left with supply. Business 101. Also instead of Uber try URIDE. They are EXCEPTIONAL! And do not over charge or double/triple/quadruple charge. They also provide discounts weekly.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I have been driving for Uber over a year, no complaints. I got an email from Uber saying there was fraudulent activity on my app and I might be disqualified, but they didn't say what the violation was. I tried repeatedly to get an answer via phone and email, but just kept getting a form letter asking for a screenshot of the problem. They are not even reading the question, just firing off the same form letter. Impossible to communicate with. Very unprofessional.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

Scheduled pickup night before and received ride estimate. Morning of pickup was notified looking for a driver and received another ride fare estimate that was just about double the initial estimate. Luckily I was prepared to drive not knowing the reliability of UBER. Glad I did. This is like bait and switch. I cancelled and drove my fiancee to the hospital myself. There was no traffic and roads were wide open. I will never depend on UBER again. They also don't have contact with a real person available in order to resolve any problems. The only upside was that I was able to cancel the scheduled ride without any charges applied.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

Uber has charged me a cancellation fee for a driver that no showed. A message popped up from him to walk to another location, one which I had no idea where it was or which direction. I was standing with two large bags at 5:45AM in the Marriott from parking lot in Washington DC. I wasn't walking anywhere! Won't be using uber any longer! Lyft is my choice from here on.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

When I was still driving daily, I really respected the people who drove for Transportation Network Companies like Uber and Lyft. They use their car and their time as an opportunity to make extra money or be their own boss. I decided after multiple unsuccessful car repairs, to stop driving (I live within four blocks of 4 bus lines). Since having to depend on these car companies, I am less than impressed. I have waited for an Uber that never came at least once. Another time, the driver pulled up and drove off as I was looking for my mask within reach of the car (I knew the mask was in a pocket, just had to find out which one). I have ridden in more than one trip where the music selection was put on hip hop once I entered the car (just because I'm ** does not mean I listen to hip hop. I'm a classically trained pianist who listens that classical music or talk radio).

I have waited for over an hour for an Uber and when the car came, the driver smelled of alcohol and was weaving in traffic. That was the icing on the cake - I attempted to call Uber. Unless it's an emergency, you can't speak to a person! I was outside in an area where there was almost no vehicle or pedestrian traffic or public transportation, so I waited and waited! I could only get help through the app and not immediately. In fact, I never received a call regarding the situation. I would think that people driving for Uber would be more professional and use this entrepreneurial opportunity to their advantage. Instead they are making Uber look bad. I hear Lyft is not much matter.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

No humans to talk to. No email to write to. Screwed up my payment. Can’t reach anyone to help. Greenlight centers are only talking to drivers. I’ve tried for 5 hrs. I’m done. I’ll take a cab. If you want a total nervous break down then use Uber. Absolutely no way will I ever use this crazy company.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2020

I was disappointed 600cc mini van as XL vehicle but let's forget about it. I took the expressway from Kaduwela to Kerawalapitiya and without exiting we took the express highway to Katunayake (Airport). The toll charges were 150 and 100 respectively and the driver took cash from me and I didn't know that toll charges will be deducted from my credit card. When came home after a meeting, I noticed that I was charged 750 as toll charges on my card. I complained to Uber that I need a refund of 250 paid to the driver and additionally charged amount of another 250. They credited 250 saying it is exceptional case and refuse to pay anything else. 250 is not big amount for me but they must be cheating other customers similarly. Now they have stopped responding to my messages from support@uber.com.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

Uber advertises low price and then switch to much higher prices once they find you a ride. Their app doesn't show the new price. Their app is intentionally deceptive. When contact support they are rude and unhelpful. "You got scammed? Sorry that's our policy."

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I loved Uber from the start. Until my recent experience trying get an issue resolved through their customer service team. I have since decided to part ways from Uber. I have never had issue or pay disputes or bad reviews with any uber. I believe when I bought my new phone (new number) and downloaded the uber app on this new phone, somehow my payment method was blacklisted from uber and my uber app privileges revoked. Keep in mind there is really is no help or support after you been flagged by this. I am extremely disappointed the by the way their tech team gave me vague response and lack of resolution to my situation. If this is the way they treat faithful customers I want no part of building their business.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I am police officer. I book Uber for CST to Kalyan 23/09/2020 11:30 am and he is not talking properly and my wife along with me that time also. He is using bad words. Is this uber drivers do nonsense thing and when I am telling him, "Just cancel the uber if you cant come here," then also he is doing arguments. Please respect to police. You know you uber just doing driving job and Police they Are 24/7 at police station. Mr ** uber driver. He is very bad person, He dont know how to talk with women and police officer. I am request to uber please remove him from uber driver. Car no **.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I am 65 years old, and I walked 7 miles yesterday 9/22/2020 from Doral Kia to Curtis pk, Miami, Fl, I was trying to get a Uber taxi and I could not. The application was asking me a verification code I was receiving but only one time and late, one has only 15 seconds to type the code but the code comes late and only one time, what kind of service is that? I do not recommend uber and wont never call uber for a taxi. Even, I contacted 6ya for help, but I needed a taxi.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

UBER would not schedule a ride pickup for me because they said my bank declined the transaction. I provide 3 different bank cards with the same results. UBER stated it was my error and they wanted me to use/buy an UBER gift card for the transactions. I declined and asked them to verify what BILLING ADDRESS they assumed for my cards. They refused. When I checked with my banks, they informed me the BILLING ADDRESS that UBER used was not mine but was the "pick-up" address. I then went back to UBER and told them to delete my account and to start over. There has been no response in over 48 hours.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I booked a cab in Gurugram. After reaching my destination I paid the driver (Irfan **) through GPAY but he was so fraud and cheater that he submitted the amount less and then in my Uber app it started showing pending amount when in fact I paid in full. And this is not it, I thought that since it is the driver who lied, so when I will file the complain in my help section in Uber app, they will clear my pending amount. But guess what, their service is so pathetic that they didn't understood my problem, in fact told me that they can't do anything. They even don't have customer call service where I can call. This the way they treat their customers and encourage drivers to cheat their customers.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

I was quoted $16-$20 for my ride. I waited almost 5 minutes for them to match me with a driver. It was only then when nearby drivers started a bidding war with me. Drivers near me were requesting as much as $60 for a 6 mile drive. I denied them all. Until a driver was willing to take me for the quoted price. Going back home, same thing... A local driver had the audacity to ask for $78!! I was eventually re-quoted for $40-45. I was appalled!! I chose Lyft instead. And Uber had the audacity of charging me $20 for a ride I NEVER accepted. I am disputing with credit card company. Uber you SUCK!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

We booked an Uber for my husband to go to the airport this morning. No one showed up, no one even called to let us know they wouldn’t be coming. Instead we had to wake up our young children very early to get him to the airport which was what we’d been trying to avoid. Now my husband is late and may miss his flight.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

My boyfriend and I were traveling out of town and we used Uber and the time said the eta was 7 minutes then it went to 5 minutes then stayed on 2 minutes for almost 10 minutes then all of a sudden it switches us to another driver! We had a flight to catch so we opened the Lyft app and ordered a ride. Lyft came within 4 minutes and the time was accurate. My boyfriend tried to cancel the ride and it said it would charge him $5.25!! I was shocked because 2 minutes isn’t always two minutes.. So I messaged the driver and told him we found an alternative form of transportation because we did not want to be late for our flight and told him we can not afford to pay the 5.25 and so he said he could not cancel the ride. This was even crazier to think the driver cannot cancel but our other driver cancelled on us and they are not penalized. It’s like having the customer being punished by uber despite uber's timings being all over the place and not accurate.

We had another driver who we were waiting on and uber decided to change us to another driver and had us waiting about 15 minutes or so. What an inconvenience and what’s even worse when we cancelled uber charged us for half of the trip which was around 7.84 dollars!! I will be using Lyft from now on if no one takes care of the customers' complaints and change the way uber works.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I contacted Uber to drive me approximately 3 miles to a restaurant. They did not follow their procedure as explained and instead gave me an estimate for the ride. I thought I would be charged $11.00, but was charged $19.00. On the return trip, I contacted them again and the estimate was $35.00. The driver arrived and I explained that I had not requested the ride at $35.00 but had asked him to call me. He said he is "just the driver" and does not quote the price. He left and charged me $23.00 and I did not even have the benefit of the drive home. In all, I was charged over $60.00 for a ride to and from and restaurant and Uber will not refund me.

Uber Company Information