Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.62/5
Based on 2,783 ratings submitted in the last year

Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Uber Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I’m not huge on ride share or using anything that involves giving my bank info to a company. When using Uber for the first time I was very surprised at how competitive the prices were. Getting a ride from the casino was 79$ from a taxi and 36$ from Uber! I was shocked. The drivers are cool and do there best to make sure I was comfortable. The only bad part is the lack of rewards we can get and the discounts are only temporary and they’re given when they want to give add them to our account. And they come with restrictions. They combined it with Uber eats but they don’t offer it in my area which is a disappointment for sure.

I’m very happy though they have Uber gift cards which allows me to not use a bank account and comes handy cause you never know when you could get stranded as we all at some point in our lives. I’ve had no bad experiences so far. Just make sure you grab everything before you leave the car as they really don’t look to see if you left anything behind. I’ve found many things left by prior customers and know how frustrating it can be.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I do not have Uber in the area where I live. But I use it whenever I travel in Mexico and the US. The worst experience I've had, in my 2 years of using Uber, was in San Francisco. I waited 14 minutes for a driver who didn't show up. He somehow canceled and went elsewhere, and I found out the hard way. It was annoying, but didn't cost me anything but my time. The overwhelming majority of times I have used Uber were great. Nice drivers who showed up on time, drove safely and gave great service. Most Uber drivers go above and beyond. They are happy to give travel tips to tourists and help with luggage. I always feel safe with Uber as I have the Uber car's description and license tag, plus a picture of the driver.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I’ve never used Lyft before, and the only cab company is highly ineffective. Uber, oddly enough, has attracted highly qualified, a very polite, drivers who drive Uber to earn extra money. I enjoy that scheduling a ride is simple through a smartphone application. Once Uber detects the local drivers, via GPS, it directs the closest driver who’s available and provides an estimated time to wait, and an estimated time a arrival to your destination. Uber also allows users to estimate the cost of rides in advance. Also, Uber allows the rider to tip directly from the application and also rate the driver. I’ve never had an issue with any Uber driver I’ve used. It’s more uncommon for me now, but every so often I do use Uber.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I've never had a negative experience with Uber. It was the one I downloaded first while in college and the one I've continue to use these past 3 or so years. Some experiences have been better than others but in my opinion the drivers probably have had a worse experience. The rides I've enjoyed the most were the ones when myself and the driver have respected each other's privacy, acted courteously and professional. I have witnessed people trash and throw up all over a driver's car, and that's not alright. I think the thing that has begun to creep into the way I view Uber is all of its negative publicity. Why would I support an enterprise that I don't agree with? It's not like I am dependent on Uber. I can use other ridesharing apps, I can use a traditional taxi, I can even use public transportation. Despite all of this, I still use Uber but that might not always be the case.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I have always been skeptical about rideshare services because of the news reports of assaults and robberies. I used this company for the first time earlier this year during a trip for a conference in Las Vegas. My first ride was excellent and was completed without a problem. My second ride was a little scary. I requested a ride but then my phone died. I was with a friend. While I was trying to recharge my phone, my friend came to me to tell me that our ride had arrived As we got in the car, I had an uneasy feeling. I started asking the driver "who" he was there to pick up and if he knew where we were going. He never gave me a straight answer and my friend had already told him where we were going.

My suspicions were confirmed when the driver rolled down his window to yell out to a group of women who appeared to be streetwalkers. Also, when we arrived at our hotel, he quoted a price higher than the Uber app quoted. I was subsequently charged a "missed ride" fee by Uber because their showed to get us after we had left with the "imposter". I explained what happened to the customer service rep and they kindly changed their fee to a credit towards my next ride.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Uber drivers see my name and cancel rides all the time. I am a ** female. I don’t have a criminal background and I worked for Uber for some time about a year ago until I sold everything and moved to another city to continue my education. I have had rides cancel on me while I’m waiting for them to arrive. After Uber says they are en route to me. Here is where it gets really crazy. On top of that Uber charged me each time 5.00 for a cancellation fee. That the drivers canceled on me. I really read all about statistics showing that drivers are 4 time more likely to cancel rides with a person with a name that sounds like an ** name and so forth so I know this is the case. However, I find this so disheartening that Uber who knows it is people of all races keeping this business thriving is allowing this and topping it off with charging a 5.00 cancellation fee after you have been discriminated against.

Today I disputed all of the past charges because when you're in a rush and trying to get somewhere you tend to forget and move on but I sorted everything out and asked Uber if they would like to refund my money in full because I didn’t cancel the rides and Uber only paid for one ride when there were quite a few 7.00 rides and the drivers canceled and they refunded me 2 dollars and kept the rest. Unbelievable and a smack in the face on top of the discrimination and I just want everyone out there to know what they are doing. If you know anything about the law or plan a class action lawsuit Please include me. I would like to be a voice to stop this business.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Uber is so inconsiderate. Pool at peak time costs 12$-14$ for 3 miles!! Maximum time is is so cumbersome to get a ride and on top of it very stingy to offer something nice. Does not uber strive for excellence and customer service? Good algorithm, good service and good deals for extensive using customers will be a business growth strategy. What’s going on??

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

I had been abroad and the cab driver had cancelled the cab. This is visible in app but I am not able to book cab. While booking get a message can't book earlier outstanding. There is no way I can reach concerned and get this sorted.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

While in the Uber, another person threw up down their shirt (gross, but it detained the mess). The uber driver lied and said I would be charged $350 through uber and wouldn’t let me leave until I Venmoed her $200. I contacted uber where they reimbursed me $7 for the ride, however the driver was not held accountable. I know that we should’ve charged through uber but my friend was sick and I wanted to get them home quickly, and I couldn’t do that when we were locked inside an uber outside of my building. Wish that uber would have helped better with this situation.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Unfair fare policies! Uber doesn't even disclose money charged for each Km! And are not willing to refund for example for charging exorbitantly high 300/- for 1.75kms!! Am a more than 5 year old customer with Uber!!!!

Not sure about Uber?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right car insurance for you.

Uber expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2009, Uber launched its rideshare app service in 2010. Uber’s easy-to-use app lets consumers connect with drivers in over 500 cities worldwide.

• Uber car options: Uber’s Economy, Premium and Accessibility options allow consumers to choose the vehicle that best fits their needs, whether they want small cars for quick routes or luxury cars driven by professionals.

• Uber for Business: Businesses can enroll in Uber for Business, a ride management platform that allows small or large companies to monitor employees’ travel expenses.

• Uber deliveries: Uber also has delivery services. Businesses can use UberRush to deliver products to customers, and participating restaurants can use UberEats for their food delivery service.

• UberPOOL: UberPOOL allows consumers to share their ride with others to save money. Requesting UberPOOL matches consumers with others traveling in the same direction and splits the fares between them.

• Self-driving car research: In 2015 Uber announced their collaboration with Carnegie Melon to explore the potential for self-driving cars. As of 2016, Uber is performing its research and testing in Pittsburgh.

• Best for: Uber is best for consumers who need transportation over short distances in large cities.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team