Uber

Compare Transportation & Rideshare Apps

Research top Transportation & Rideshare Apps recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Last Monday 03-13 I called Uber for a ride from Pomona Ca. to Ontario Ca. Airport. I got a contact and it showed approx. $18 dollars. All of a sudden the page went blank. I called Uber again requesting Uber again and the charge came up as $38.00 and gave a name of the driver and he was less than 10 minutes away. So I am in the parking lot of the business with my luggage, when he drove in. I waved to let him know I was the one. I am sure he saw me he was within 50-75 ft. away. Without hesitation he did a hard 180 degrees and sped out of the parking lot and was gone, without a word. I was a bit aggravated, So I dialed up Uber again. To the same pickup and same delivery points.

Now the fare had jumped to $64. And change. I wasn't sure what was happening, but I had to have a ride to the Airport, thinking it was a mistake and they would get it right back to the original fare. The 3rd. Driver called me and he said he had a passenger with him and would that be ok. I said yes. He was again less than 10 minutes away. I watched him on my phone as he wandered around. Got down to 1 minute and then he missed the turn and it went to 7 minutes. Well this happened several more times, I called him to tell him where to turn and he said his GPS was messed up. No doubt!! I watched him drive by the address I had given him 3 times.

I called him again. Told him to turn around and come back. This took almost an hour for him to get to me. He told me his GPS was not working correctly again. I asked did he know how to get to the Airport... "Yes". We didn't go a quarter of a mile and he turned off the road into a Dead in Street. So we had to turn around and start all over again. I pulled out my phone and we used my phone GPS to get us to the Airport. Now Uber has charged me a Surge Fee, whatever that is of 2.9x the original fare. I contacted them thru the only way possible FB and they finally agreed to take $15 off the overcharge. None of this was my fault, and I want the original fare, as to what I owe them. I have contacted my Credit card company and filed a complaint to contest the overcharge. I on this one trip out west used Uber 6 times. I just signed up for Lyft.

I have been an avid Uber rider for quite a while. But recently, they've been in the business of disabling rider accounts for NO APPARENT REASON. I'm stranded in the freezing rain trying to request an Uber, and my account is disabled and they won't tell me why. They keep telling me it's for SECURITY reasons. Well I pay all of my fares so there's no reason for my account to be disabled. Today was the last straw. I requested a ride to work, which of course needed to be in a timely manner. The driver was initially around 5 minutes away. But 5 turned in to 10 minutes, which turned into 15 minutes.

I had no choice but to cancel and I WAS CHARGED A CANCELLATION FEE?? I WAS CHARGED FOR THEIR DRIVER BEING INCOMPETENT. They REFUSED to refund my money even though they so clearly stole it from me. I deleted my account that same day. Please do not support the thieves that run Uber. Try any other rideshare but NOT Uber. They're already overpriced for mediocre drivers that never know where they're going. I have HAD IT with Uber. Please don't make the mistake in trusting them with your credit card number 'cause they like to charge your card all Willy nilly.

I took uberPOOL and the rate came to 13.40 and used promo code for $5 discount. While alighting my driver said to pay 8.40. I paid cash and alighted. Again on 16.03.2017 I took and it showed 10.90 I confirmed pick up. While alighting driver asked 15.90. I said "why" he said I had $5 balance to pay to Uber. I didn't want to block the road and cause traffic jam so I settled. Strange! Do you even have credit facility for Uber trips. I didn't give my card details only cash payment. Then how they let me alight for less fare and charge it later. Discrepancy in fares and that too after 5 days charging. I wanted to refund the extra $5/ charged to me but Uber complaint firm asks for my card details when I am dealing in cash only. I would like Uber co to clarify why I was charged extra. Now my trip list also doesn't show those previous discrepancy.

I took on a trust factor with Uber and I got ripped off and was left in cold and I suffered severe pain as well. The drivers are great but whoever is doing the money part they took too much. In return I had no way home. I kept telling them what they did. They kept showing me receipt when days before it was a lot lower.

I have been a loyal customer of Uber. I cannot even get a hold of anyone. The drivers have been great. However their charging system is unprofessional and unreliable. I am going to have to report lost or stolen due to them. They do surcharges which flash so fast you don't even get a chance to see their charges. They also start charging you for rides that you do not even take or had even requested or even authorized. This is how they get your money and scam you. I wouldn't trust Uber unless it is a once in awhile type of thing, because when you are a continuous customer they drain your account and if you don't watch it closely you could be overdrawn with many fees. Luckily I watch mine. I am going to have to go to Lyft. Hopefully they are better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

I requested a trip using UberPool. I have been using it daily to the same location. Today, when I received an Uber receipt, my daily charge of $2.99, was higher, $8.18. I used their app to dispute the charge, but receive a crazy response stating that I was charged correctly. They are liars and too lazy to even research the issues. Looking at the map on the app, the driver drove to my location, then continued on. No one else was in the car with me. He should have ended the call when I reached my location.

Has Uber gotten so large that their quality of customer service has diminished? They need to monitor their drivers better. If they would have actually researched my issue, I am sure that they would have records of the requested destination that I entered, when I was picked up. The app has GPS. It's also on the map that we went to location that I requested. I don't understand, why I've been charged for going to an address that I did not go to, nor did I request to go to that location. Uber needs to do right by their customers. A few drivers are diminishing the quality of their services. They need to realize that they're not the only company in the game. I'm already researching alternative means. I am also disputing the overcharged amount through my bank.

This morning I ordered a cab at 545 am on my app. My credit card was charged. The app said driver was 5 minutes away... It showed the car going further from my home. After 20 mins I called driver 2 times he did not pick up. I cancelled the car 5 mins later (total of 25 mins). I ordered a new cab on app that came in 5 mins... They charged me for ride and cancellation fee. I emailed them since there is no customer service number and they basically told me because I cancelled I'm being charged. They are crazy and basically called me a liar. Why would I order another cab if I was lying and they refuse to credit my card... So now I had to cancel my card. I will never ever, ever use their service again. They even put in my wrong address. They are crooks. Imagine how many people they get this way... It's disgusting.

Figure out how risky it is that UBER can charge right into your credit card whatever they want after the fact!!! One day on the same route, I was charged 3 times as much as with other driver, some UBER driver intentionally took a longer route to get to my destination to charge me more, I did not know until after the trip when I check my emails by end of the day, it was too late and it was very hard to find a right subject to submit a complaint with UBER. Their customer service is horrible: they don't listen to your complaint, they are just using patterns of reply. I WILL NOT USE UBER AGAIN as I think some Uber drivers have a way to rob customers.

I requested an Uber from LA to Pasadena which was quoted at an estimated $22.00. I was charged the full price and my $20 discount for getting Uber a new client through the use of my Referral Promo Code was removed from my account and not honored. I wasn't aware of this until I took my return trip home where I was charged about $5 dollars more. Once again my second $20 discount was removed from my account but was not honored. I was charged the full amount of the trip.

Additionally, because a driver canceled on me while en route to my location and instructed me to call someone else, Uber charged me a $5 cancellation fee. Uber may have been a promising concept at some point since I've used them many times before, but their customer service has seriously depleted. I used to promote them but now I'm actually doing the opposite and I'm heavily promoting Lyft in my duty as a resort concierge. I speak with thousands of people every month so they really screwed up with this former client, but they're rich and according to recent news, Uber boss is an abusive sexist creep who's facing potential lawsuits from his former employees. I hope Lyft becomes the dominating service. I'm definitely going to help them.

Uber has been gradually allowing drivers with poor reviews to work for them. I have had safety issues and even a driver who was clearly under the influence, among other safety issues Re: Uber drivers. When I've canceled a ride due to low review scoring by other passengers, they have charged me cancellation fees and refused to refund me the $2. This happened three times in a row where I cancelled those trips within less than 24 hours.

Lyft allows me to cancel trips if I do not feel safe riding with a driver with a poor review score and has now configured me to ride with drivers with a 4.6 score or above, as I've encountered safety issues with their drivers. I will try Lyft, Cabify, Juno or Via before choosing Uber as I am sure other companies will continue to come into the market and provide much better services to compete with Uber.

I had 3 free rides. I have booked a Uber ride From Ramakrishna Ashram Bangalore to Jaynagar 4th Block Bangalore. I paid 500 Rs even though the distance is less. The distance was around 6-7km. But I paid 500 which is really not fair. I'm very upset with the Uber Service. Please clarify My Query. I will be waiting for your kind reply.

I am disabled and I waited for Uber out in the cold and wind for almost 20 minutes, when the guy said it was 4 minutes down to 1 min but never came. He was lost at the gas station which isn't the address I gave him. (It's at the corner, further than I could walk.) I finally got a new cab after 20 min. The cab driver on the way there got off the freeway on the wrong street and had to turn around, he charged me for his mistake, and the other cab driver he charged me cancellation fee. I tried to speak to Uber, but they have generic answers and don't treat your questions or concerns case by case. Maybe, I should try Lyft, I heard from a few people it is better???

I only use Uber during out of town trips. Recently while in New Orleans, I was charged more than initially quoted on two trips. Uber's Customer service did not bother to investigate the complaint but just simply sent a form letter stating that they charged correctly and that the matter is resolved.

I set up an appointment for a ride on March 4th for a pickup at my location to a ride to my doctor at 160 Kimel Forest Park Drive. Pickup window was 9:45 to 10 a.m. The driver no call no showed me. So after I realized he was not coming like I found another Uber driver that could take me to my dr. appointment. Well unfortunately by the time we got there I was already past my appointment time seven minutes or so so they would not honor my appointment. They told me I had to pay a rescheduling fee because I didn't cancel my appointment within 24 hours. Well there would have been no reason to cancel the appointment if the original Uber driver was on time to take me to my doctor. So once I found out from my doctor after I paid my fee, I meet Lee, called Uber back for a pickup from 140 Kimel Forest Park Drive back to my Residence at **.

You can check the records this driver that was originally supposed to pick me up was very unreliable and very unprofessional by not picking up the phone and calling me or notifying me that he wasn't going to be able to make it. At that point I could have gotten another driver that could have got me there on time but he refused to do it. So once I realized he was going to be too late I called for another driver. He got me there a little bit after 10:30 when my appointment was scheduled and I was notified I had to pay a rescheduling fee which I did and reschedule an appointment too immediately. At that time I searched for another Uber driver that could take me home. He pick me up from 164 Kimel Forest Park Drive, took me to my Residence at **. Both the drivers that took me there and brought me home were extremely professional, courteous and a pleasure to ride with.

My problem is the original driver who had my original pick up with my time call window from 9:45 to 10. By him not showing up I not only paid for a ride to and from my doctor for no reason because I had no appointment due to the driver being late then I had to pay a rescheduling fee to my doctor which is totally unacceptable. This was my first time as an Uber customer and that's not a really good way to start a business relationship so I would appreciate it if you could help me to rectify the situation.

Requested a pickup at Disneyland hotel. Driver was 10 minutes away. Car never showed as moving so I texted driver. Driver texted back that he was arriving at hotel but didn't and at this point it had been 25 minutes. I called driver and he told me to walk past AMC theater in Downtown Disney and he was a couple blocks past there. That would be about a 20 - 30 minute walk. He refused to come to hotel – said he was not allowed to enter property, which is not true. Driver hung up and I was charged a cancel fee plus had to pay $125 for last minute taxi to lax. Uber useless in disputing fees and zero ability to talk to a human. They just send email saying they reviewed complaint and charges appropriate. Will NEVER use Uber again. Total scam.

On Feb 14th night I was boarding an Uber cab that my daughter booked, when the driver started without checking if I got in or door was closed. Result was that my right foot came under the wheel of the car. I had to shout at him to stop. I asked him to reverse the car and it took him a good five minutes before he inched back a bit. I told him to reverse more as my foot was still stuck. Passers-by had to yell at him before he decided to move back. The pain was unbearable. I did not go to the hospital then as the insurance was left back in my daughters apartment.

I decided to return to India and then go to the hospital due to the language barrier in France where comprehending English is a challenge. I didn't want a wrong diagnosis. I have ended up with ligament tear in my right ankle which will take very long to heal. I submitted the hospital report to Uber and told them that they had to compensate for the injury. I wrote to uber support and Natasha called me today and asked if I had had insurance when I was in Paris. I told her instead of asking me to claim insurance, Uber should actually pay compensation for the injury and unwarranted pain caused due to the negligence of the uber driver on duty. I was shocked when she responded that Uber is not responsible for anything that happens to a customer when they are on a ride and I should take this up with the company that the driver works with.

This is not only ridiculous but a shame that an established company like Uber is washing of responsibility and leaving it to me the affected passenger to sort out with a third party. The cab was booked with uber and saying that uber is not responsible is a disgrace and speaks volumes of the lack of business ethics that Uber demonstrates. I wrote to Travis Kalanick and even tweeted on his post but no response.

We were at the pick up point in Little Italy, San Diego, California from the moment we ordered an Uber ride. Our driver never showed up. We had to request another Uber driver who took us to the airport. Uber refused to return this incorrect cancellation fee.

This is my first experience using Uber. I called for a ride and was given a price ($11.00). I accepted the ride and was overall happy with the prompt pick up and driver. Later that month I reviewed my charge card and noticed I was billed again by Uber the next day for an additional $13.00. When I emailed and complained the answer was the driver was unable to calculate the price correctly. I cannot believe Uber can charge my card without my consent! The fact the driver made a mistake is not my problem and the agreed cost should not be altered.

This was my first time using Uber. Later I was told I should have been given a discount up to $20 as a new customer. Uber is standing behind the additional charge. This is the worst customer service! I can't believe Uber thinks it's ok to charge my card after the ride. Can you imagine if all store charges could add on an additional cost for whatever reason they wanted! This is not right. The driver should eat the cost and learn by his mistake.

Uber does not care about you. I was charged $153 for a ride I've taken many times and never paid over $7. They adjusted my fee the next morning and claimed "the driver let us know that there was an issue that prevented this trip from being timed [properly]" and they added on charges to reflect that. After dealing with a new customer rep on every question and getting the same explanation as above I moved to challenge it with my bank. Enabling fraud and horrible customer service. Zero stars should be possible.

I live in Las Vegas, NV and had an experience with one of their drivers (tailgating me on the freeway w/ passenger in their car). I have sent them messages through their website and every other form of social media to just let them know they need to check their drivers more thoroughly and they are nitwits. I am getting canned responses and no one is acknowledging the issue at hand. Sounds like a real winning company, that's for sure.

I have been using Uber for quite some time now normally through the app, but since I'm fighting with my phone company I have been ordering via internet at m.uber.com. I normally take the pool because it is cheaper obviously but m.uber.com doesn't provide fair quotes for the pool. I have to cross reference with UberX first to ensure no surging then make pool request. So I did that like normal and the price was 11-16, so I figured the pool should be at least less than 11. To my surprise I paid 15.52. I even took a screenshot and sent it over to Uber but no reply except the automated message. Straight rip off. Use Lyft.

I was going out with some friends and we decided to all get an Uber. We called the Uber to come pick us up at my apartment. We gave him the address and he drove us to our destination. It was a long ride so we tried to talk to him. He was very rude with us and gave us short, one word, sarcastic answers. When he dropped us off, it wasn't anywhere close to our destination and we had to walk two miles to get there. This was not a good Uber Experience.

I've had more than one experience where you request an Uber, they confirm pick up, then never show. Myself and my friend stood for a half hour at 10 pm at night waiting because the driver called and said they would be right there. It was dark, and we were 2 women standing there on the street feeling unsafe as we waited. Then for the next 2 days I had to deal with Uber charging my card for the cancellation. They wanted to satisfy me with a $5.00 credit for the whole inconvenience. Seriously... Very unreliable and not very worried about customer safety and satisfaction.

I called and set up my Uber ride. As I was waiting for him, I saw that he was making wrong turns and driving away from me. I called his contact number and received a message from his phone that he was not receiving calls at this time, so I texted him that he was going the wrong way, he did not respond. I then saw that he was just sitting, not moving anymore. I texted him again and he still did not respond. After a while I cancelled the ride and re-order a new ride, who got to me in 3 minutes.

I was at a Target parking lot, it was cold and 9:30pm. By the time the new driver came and got me home it was almost 10:30pm. I was charged $5.00 for the ride that I cancelled and when I contacted Uber about it, they said they do that. So, if your driver has his phone off and cannot find you, they will still charge you even though you waited, called and texted the driver and he does not respond. You're stuck with a charge. I feel that they should reprimand the driver and let him take that loss, not charge you for setting up a better driver.

Uber is one of the most shady unethical companies ever created. I stopped driving for them over a year ago, but decided to try UberEats as a delivery person. I figured it would be better because I wouldn't have to drive people - boy was I wrong. First, they take 35% of every delivery. Then they don't have enough delivery drivers so I noticed I was driving 15 to 20 mins to reach a restaurant (which you are not compensated for), to pick up an order that is being delivered to a location that may be 2 to 3 mins away. Giving the driver a whopping $2.86 for that delivery. I have also gone to pick up orders only to arrive at the restaurant, to find out the order was cancelled and Uber doesn't compensate the driver with a cancellation fee. The order still showed active in my app, but nobody took the time to notify me.

After this, I stopped accepting requests that were more than 8 mins away. So, if an order was cancelled, I wouldn't lose anything. So guess what Uber did, they started manipulating the travel time to the restaurants, often times changing it to 1 min away. So when I received the request, instead of it showing the actual 12 mins away, it only showed 1 min. So, you accept the request, and hit navigation and the GPS shows the actual time, and in some cases the restaurants were 12 mins away or more. It didn't work though, because I only deliver in areas that I know really well, so I was well aware that there were no restaurants that close to my location. At first, I thought something was wrong with the app, but Uber never responded, when I asked them why they were manipulating the pickups.

Then, there's instant pay. Uber offers the drivers the option to cash out daily using instant pay. Sound like a winner, right? Wrong. Instant pay doesn't work most of the time. There have been several times that I needed emergency money for bills etc. So I would go out and deliver hit the instant pay button and guess what. I've worked 10 hours and I can't get my money. I contact support, which means this will never be resolved and Uber doesn't give a **. I received 15 different reasons from 15 different support reps as to why I couldn't get my money. Uber says keep driving and check back in about a week or 10 days. It should be resolved by then. They charged me for a flimsy delivery bag that I never asked for. I had been delivering for about 3 weeks, when I received something in the mail. I set it aside and never opened it.

So a few days later, I was checking my earnings, and I noticed $6.50 was missing. Contacted support to see where my money was, and they told me it was for the delivery bag that I never ordered or asked for. I told them I would like to return it for a refund, because I didn't order it and I didn't open it. Next thing I know, they're like, "You can keep the bag, and we will give you a refund." A few days later, I noticed Uber sent an email to me, offering me $10, if I would give them my pay statements from Lyft. When I didn't answer, they sent another email offering me $20. No thanks Uber. That's my private information. I will keep it to myself.

Uber lies all of the time, not only to the drivers about earnings, but also to the riders, because they really don't do thorough background checks on their drivers. Nor do they do any research on the restaurants they use for UberEats. A lot of those restaurants I have picked up orders from, have very low health scores. Most are low 80s and high 70s and that's not good at all. They don't have any concern for anyone. They only care about their bottom line. If you deliver for them, make sure you only accept orders that are in close proximity, otherwise you will lose money. Keep in mind, that a court ruled that Uber cannot penalize you for not accepting orders, only for accepting and cancelling them.

Well, a few days ago, I needed emergency money again, so I turned on my app and I started my deliveries. I reached my goal, and I hit the button to cash out, but never received my money. I contacted support and was literally blown off. They made no effort to help me at all. I ended up having to borrow money from my mom. The final straw for me was when I attended the Uber q & a, and when the Uber employees were answering some of the questions, they were laughing and being very unprofessional. They were responding to the drivers like they were dumb.

I went through all of this in less than 8 weeks as an UberEats delivery driver. I didn't just delete the app. I sent in a request to permanently delete my account. When I sent the delete request, that's when I received a generic response, from Uber, asking, what can they do to help. Well, it's a day late and in my case $180 short. I can't support a company who doesn't care about anyone. If you use this service as a rider, or driver, make sure you pay attention to your money.

I arrived in Las Vegas 2/21/17, called Uber - driver Judylynn - acted very nice etc. asked if I wanted to charge my cell phone. Not thinking that it wasn't necessary I gave it to her to charge. She dropped me off at a Hotel on the strip. I soon realized I left my phone in her car. Gone! - You can't get in touch with Uber by phone. She won't return it. I am going to call the LVMPD and report it stolen. And get the security video. This is Horse Manure!!! - What the hell is wrong with people (some). You're fired!

How do they keep getting away with things. I use Uber everyday multiple times a day. I've had drivers blow stop signs and drive recklessly etc. I needed an Uber the other night so I used my app and I was connected to Mohammed. He immediately calls me to tell me he is over 20 min. away even though my app which has always been accurate said he is 12 min. away. I told him I would wait. 30 min. later since he obviously took his sweet ** time he pulls up more than halfway up the block. I walk towards him and as I'm about to open the door on the driver's passenger side he drives off. He actually could've hit me and hurt me. I called him repeatedly with no answer. He then pulls up on the other end of the block on a main road. As I speed walk towards him waving my arms he drove off again. I then saw him drive by again and drive around the neighborhood and park around the block from me as you can see it on the app. I called him but nothing.

He then cancels the trip and I was charged a cancellation fee. I wrote to Uber because this driver is clearly reckless and their emails are generic and no one really reads anything. They refund the money thinking that that's what my concern is. The emails go back and forth to finally get someone with the name of Lia who was extremely rude and said I didn't have to get a refund because the company didn't need to give me one and we would not meet eye to eye and the case is closed. I have a witness that I was almost hit when he drove off and that is how the company responds to me. Someone who has been a loyal customer and I use Uber multiple times a day. I want something done with the customer service rep Lia and with the driver. I'm not backing down. I've had enough.

First, I want to say, I've used Ubers for a few months and NEVER had a problem. Wanted to write what happened and let others know Uber is great! A friend always used Uber in Phila. I had no idea what it was. I recently moved to Florida - took a trip back home to Phila. via Tampa airport. The cost for an Uber to airport was $27 and I gave a tip. On my way back from the Tampa airport, I would also use an UBER. WRONG! Again, NO IDEA that Ubers were not allowed near the Airport. After my flight got in LATE evening, I got online to summon an Uber... the site would not pull up. I tried again and again to no avail.

Now I was worried and submitted to using a Taxi. I walked over to a few sitting on the side and asked if they were available. They stated yes and where would I like to go? I told them Treasure Island and they told me at LEAST $75. WHAT?!? I said, "Ubers only charge $27 and I couldn't not get them online. He said, "You won't - they are NOT allowed here!" So... the taxi's can rob people. Taxi's don't want Ubers so they can rob people - especially in need... which I was. BUT, I just took a taxi over the bridge and had a friend pick me up. Guess what? I was in the taxi 5 minutes and was charge $36. That's such BS. I got over the bridge - instead of calling my friend... I called an Uber and STILL got home cheaper. Taxi drivers and legal thieves. It really needs to stop!!!

I had the experience of being stolen from by an Uber customer, despite contacting Uber, using the police as legally expectations, Uber has declined to give the police the information they need to prosecute their thieving customer. It's sad that Uber came into the Kenyan market and is above the Kenya police. They have made it impossible to get reprieve on crimes committed by their drivers, and customers. To get to their security team is an email nightmare. They have no phone communication and have a confused staff who keep sending junk mail despite the complaints.

Be careful as Uber is getting sloppy with overcharges, not providing credits, and charging Cancellation fees when it was not me who canceled. This All happened within the last week. Uber was late in arrival twice in the last week. They sent me a text message each time stating they would credit the next fare. It was only $1.99 for each ride. I never keep the text messages as I don't remember having this sort of problem. I ride quite a bit so I didn't think anything of the credits until the a couple days after the 2nd ride.

I've messaged Uber several times. They want me to provide dates, times, and the text message. I provided the dates and times yet they still ask me for them. I'm flabbergasted they do not have the text messages when it comes to credits. Still working on it. Funny how they want me to provide proof when all they have to do is look at the receipt. Their Customer Service regarding this issue has been a complete joke. Another time they Overcharged me by about $5. If I didn't look at the receipt then they would have screwed me on an overcharge. A driver canceled the ride on me last night and Uber charged me the $5 cancellation fee. I'm still waiting on a response. Now I have to review every charge.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 2009, Uber launched its rideshare app service in 2010. Uber’s easy-to-use app lets consumers connect with drivers in over 500 cities worldwide.

• Uber car options: Uber’s Economy, Premium and Accessibility options allow consumers to choose the vehicle that best fits their needs, whether they want small cars for quick routes or luxury cars driven by professionals.
  • Uber for Business: Businesses can enroll in Uber for Business, a ride management platform that allows small or large companies to monitor employees’ travel expenses.
  • Uber deliveries: Uber also has delivery services. Businesses can use UberRush to deliver products to customers, and participating restaurants can use UberEats for their food delivery service.
  • UberPOOL: UberPOOL allows consumers to share their ride with others to save money. Requesting UberPOOL matches consumers with others traveling in the same direction and splits the fares between them.
  • Self-driving car research: In 2015 Uber announced their collaboration with Carnegie Melon to explore the potential for self-driving cars. As of 2016, Uber is performing its research and testing in Pittsburgh.
  • Best for Uber is best for consumers who need transportation over short distances in large cities.

Compare Transportation & Rideshare Apps