Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.79/5

Uber Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I was a 5* driver in Houston for two years. After two years of driving, my background check came up with an expired tag. My account got terminated. Here is the kicker. The management said the real reason was because I hadnt driven during the covid19 pandemic. No **? Lol.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

The date of the trip was 5th January 2021. And time was around 9:40PM. The car was Toyota sienna. The issue with the driver was first he booked the trip. And then he arrived late at the pick up location. And after coming towards us he says that we have to pay more money. We were two people with few groceries that he was taking advantage of the weather and time waiting. He said that if we won’t pay extra he’s going to cancel the trip. He was talking so rude and loud. It was very embarrassing for us. And then he makes the trip start and then when we were ready to go he changed his mind and canceled the trip. And left us helpless. And then we have to book for other Uber.

This is completely unacceptable and negligence of customer service. This is not the way to treat a person with respect to humanity. I want your organisation to talk to that uber driver and make him understand that we have paid for that service and that he should not take customer for granted. And we were not there for him to come and embarrass in public and then left us feel helpless. In the end we took another uber and the groceries fit very easygoing just 3 bags and 2 people fits very, very easily in a small uber and hence that old driver was asking that we need to pay money in cash credit for uber xl for the same elements that was a very, very bad thing on customer service part. Thanks and regards

Get buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I started with Uber between 3 and 4 years ago. Initially it was great. I was a fleet. Money was good. No sweat. Then I left the fleet service and went solo. Big mistake. The pay is totally different, and you ultimately get less of it. But the ultimate slap in the face came when I started following my fare details. Example: My fare details on one of my trips was this.

You receive: $6.24
    (details say $9.29)
    Customer pays:$19.45

Uber receives: $13.21

I know and understand uber has to take theirs for operating costs....BUT give me a break....What is the justification for them to get that much and I'm only getting the 6.24. There is NOTHING that can justify it. So if you're looking for work, my personal advice is look somewhere else...unless you like getting screwed!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

My Uber account and Uber Eats was compromised this week. There is NO WAY to contact this company by phone. I sent an email. After 24 hours received a response.They acknowledged that my account was compromised, but offered NO HELP in resetting my password. I contacted them at least 7 times requesting to do so, because when I'm prompted to log on, they say a link was sent to my email. but I never received it. It obviously was intercepted by the thieves who hacked my account. Do yourself a favor and go with LYFT. This company doesn't care about the consumer at all. They allowed thieves to get into my account within minutes yet they don't respond to consumers when there is fraudulent activity going on. SHAME ON THEM!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

Price is good and service reliable, I know I can get a ride at any time. But sometimes drivers cancel for no reason and I have to re-book ride, and I even got charged one time for a cancellation fee even though driver cancelled, which is why I reduced a star.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

When I first started using Uber, they had the best prices! Now, a 10 minute ride which any other cab company who also has good mannered drivers and clean cars charges $11-$12. Uber is now asking between $18 and $25. It's not rocket science. I will be taking the cab instead. In addition, during the pandemic I placed an Uber eats order from Dunkin Donuts; coffee a sandwich and a donut, bc it was delivered by Uber eats, was almost 25! No thanks!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

I did a scheduled ride a couple of days ago for the next morning. It was move/relocation related. At the designed time of 7AM the app confirmed my scheduled request and that a drive was near. As I waited it appeared someone should be nearby. At the 30 minute late mark, it was obvious no one was showing up. I began to check everywhere for a 1-800-help line but there was none. I looked for live chat, none. I looked everywhere but nothing. It is clear that Uber does not want to be bothered by customers who are depending on their ride.

After losing a lot of time, I requested a ride in real time and it forced me to a higher price level at what point "Sxyz" immediately got the assignment but was 20 mins away. Why would Uber allow someone that far away to take this assignment? The person got here as quickly as they could. It was obvious why they were not working other jobs. They did get me to my destination but I was not comfortable with their driving or state of mind. Uber would get a 0 star rating if that option was available. This is not the first time I used Uber nor the first time I've considered their service "terrible". 70% of the issue is Uber and 30% is some of their drivers.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

If you need a ride right now everything is fine and works perfectly. The problem starts when you need to schedule a ride for later date/time. It is practically impossible to do. I figured after all this years in business they have ironed out the software and killed all the bugs, I was very wrong. For example if I am at location A now but my friend is giving me a ride to location B in 2 hours, then in 3 hours I need a ride from location B to location C, the software blindly tries to match my current location and gives an annoying error message about the location!! Is this so hard to fix? “We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." John F. Kennedy. Rice University, September 12, 1962.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

Driver was lost and could not speak any English. I was going to my first job and it was my first day. I got there a half hour late. Driver made me feel very uneasy. I tried to call Uber customer service, it was very difficult for me to find their phone number. When I finally found their number and called them it took over 10 minutes to get someone on the line that could help me.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2020

As a rider, I was significantly overcharged from the quoted price. The highest price shown was around $90 with a note that surge pricing may apply. My trip was from Mill Valley, CA to SFO. My driver and the car were great, though I would have appreciated the driver explaining the 5x rate, which didn't happen. I never saw the estimated charge other than the $90 quote. The ride was about 40 min. The charge was $293.45. Uber makes it next to impossible to register a complaint and as far as I can tell, all responses are computer-generated. I worked for hours to find the choice, charges did not match the quoted price. In the meantime, I used some other button to register a complaint. Uber's reply has been that the charges stand as they are. I feel totally ripped off by Uber and will not ride with them again. These charges are outrageous.

Uber author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2009, Uber launched its rideshare app service in 2010. Uber’s easy-to-use app lets consumers connect with drivers in over 500 cities worldwide.

• Uber car options: Uber’s Economy, Premium and Accessibility options allow consumers to choose the vehicle that best fits their needs, whether they want small cars for quick routes or luxury cars driven by professionals.

• Uber for Business: Businesses can enroll in Uber for Business, a ride management platform that allows small or large companies to monitor employees’ travel expenses.

• Uber deliveries: Uber also has delivery services. Businesses can use UberRush to deliver products to customers, and participating restaurants can use UberEats for their food delivery service.

• UberPOOL: UberPOOL allows consumers to share their ride with others to save money. Requesting UberPOOL matches consumers with others traveling in the same direction and splits the fares between them.

• Self-driving car research: In 2015 Uber announced their collaboration with Carnegie Melon to explore the potential for self-driving cars. As of 2016, Uber is performing its research and testing in Pittsburgh.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team