Paying too much for Car Insurance?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.67/5
Based on 2,771 ratings submitted in the last year

Uber Reviews

Original review: March 18, 2019

I have had a few great experiences and a couple of bad experiences. Worst experience was being picked up in an emergency situation when I needed to get to the hospital to visit someone. I was in a hurry and we were already on the highway when I realized the driver reeked of alcohol and was completely intoxicated, weaving in and out of lanes and could not keep the car between the lanes. The second time with Uber that was bad was when the driver made a couple of stops along the way taking me to my destination. These stops were in a shady part of town and I was scared to death.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I’ve never used Lyft before, and the only cab company is highly ineffective. Uber, oddly enough, has attracted highly qualified, a very polite, drivers who drive Uber to earn extra money. I enjoy that scheduling a ride is simple through a smartphone application. Once Uber detects the local drivers, via GPS, it directs the closest driver who’s available and provides an estimated time to wait, and an estimated time a arrival to your destination. Uber also allows users to estimate the cost of rides in advance. Also, Uber allows the rider to tip directly from the application and also rate the driver. I’ve never had an issue with any Uber driver I’ve used. It’s more uncommon for me now, but every so often I do use Uber.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I've never had a negative experience with Uber. It was the one I downloaded first while in college and the one I've continue to use these past 3 or so years. Some experiences have been better than others but in my opinion the drivers probably have had a worse experience. The rides I've enjoyed the most were the ones when myself and the driver have respected each other's privacy, acted courteously and professional. I have witnessed people trash and throw up all over a driver's car, and that's not alright. I think the thing that has begun to creep into the way I view Uber is all of its negative publicity. Why would I support an enterprise that I don't agree with? It's not like I am dependent on Uber. I can use other ridesharing apps, I can use a traditional taxi, I can even use public transportation. Despite all of this, I still use Uber but that might not always be the case.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I have always been skeptical about rideshare services because of the news reports of assaults and robberies. I used this company for the first time earlier this year during a trip for a conference in Las Vegas. My first ride was excellent and was completed without a problem. My second ride was a little scary. I requested a ride but then my phone died. I was with a friend. While I was trying to recharge my phone, my friend came to me to tell me that our ride had arrived As we got in the car, I had an uneasy feeling. I started asking the driver "who" he was there to pick up and if he knew where we were going. He never gave me a straight answer and my friend had already told him where we were going.

My suspicions were confirmed when the driver rolled down his window to yell out to a group of women who appeared to be streetwalkers. Also, when we arrived at our hotel, he quoted a price higher than the Uber app quoted. I was subsequently charged a "missed ride" fee by Uber because their showed to get us after we had left with the "imposter". I explained what happened to the customer service rep and they kindly changed their fee to a credit towards my next ride.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I have used Uber several times and so far I am very happy with the company and how easy it's to set up an account. I love that they are constantly upgrading features with their company making customer feel safe about taking Uber. They arrive in a very timely manner and the drivers I have had have all been professional. I love that they add a feature that signals the drivers letting them know who you are when you are standing in a crowded area, it's no fun having your car drive past you and having to wait for them to come back around the block to try and find you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Drive with Uber you need to get better. I currently drive for Uber but am concerned with some drivers taking advantage of people with disabilities. I had picked up a Uber customer who had a 3 star rating, which to me I thought there was something wrong but still decided to accept the ride. When I picked up the gentleman I realized he was blind. As he got in my car we had a conversation and he told me that I was the quickest pick up he has ever gotten and asked me why. He told me he usually has to keep requesting Ubers over and over. I know why. It’s because the drivers are declining a 3 star rider. I told him it was because I don’t pass up any opportunities to pick people up to get them to their destination. He was the most kindest man I have ever met and I realized that other drivers have given him low ratings just because he had a disability.

It hurts me to think that UBER AS A COMPANY CONDONES AN ACT LIKE THIS. Which tells me a lot about the drivers that we have working for Uber. A billion dollar company needs to step up to the plate and do something about that. Our customers do not choose to have a disability. Unfortunately I know that a billion dollar company will do nothing about it so I will. I will make sure that people with disabilities will be heard!!!! Uber will hire anybody and they don’t care!!!! Friends if you have a family member that has a disability would you still use a company who does not care about people with disabilities???

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Driver was fine and so was ride. Experience of dealing with getting a coupon for first ride had me looking for a human being to talk to, and was amazed to find there was no one. I think they charge enough to hire customer service of some kind. I couldn't even find a human online.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Cherry picker???? Asks you where exactly you are going after he picks the order, asks if the lady is going alone, calculates if it is good money and company, then cancels the trip if it is not. You cant review him since the trip hasn't started, so he has pretty nice rate level. Happened to me, not sure how many people he has innocently questioned like that and cancelled the order.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

Uber in the Southwestern corner of AZ has increased the prices by 11% and are keeping anywhere from 40 to 60% of the fare. Charging for a longer distance but send the driver the shortest. Lyft has con up by 6% and is still cheaper than uber.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2019

I ordered myself for a ride about 10 blocks away from my home to a restaurant knowing I would be consuming alcohol. They offered me a discounted ride to walk to the corner of my block for pickup. I agreed to that. Once I confirmed my ride, I was notified I would be dropped off about 4 blocks away from the restaurant. I never agreed to that. That part was not advertised. That area is unsafe being is next to a highway ramp with no crosswalks or traffic signals to get to my destination. So I immediately canceled the ride.

The total for the ride was about 6 or 7 dollars initially. I saw a $0.00 charge for cancellation. NOW TODAY the NEXT DAY I received a CANCELATION FEE for $5.00 plus sales tax $0.44 a TOTAL of $5.44. I requested a dispute and they gave me an uber credit. I do not want an uber credit. I want my cash back into my bank account. I called numbers they keep telling me there is nobody I can speak to and that they resolved the issue. And THEY DID NOT RESOLVE the ISSUE. They charged me for 1 MINUTE!

Uber expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2009, Uber launched its rideshare app service in 2010. Uber’s easy-to-use app lets consumers connect with drivers in over 500 cities worldwide.

• Uber car options: Uber’s Economy, Premium and Accessibility options allow consumers to choose the vehicle that best fits their needs, whether they want small cars for quick routes or luxury cars driven by professionals.

• Uber for Business: Businesses can enroll in Uber for Business, a ride management platform that allows small or large companies to monitor employees’ travel expenses.

• Uber deliveries: Uber also has delivery services. Businesses can use UberRush to deliver products to customers, and participating restaurants can use UberEats for their food delivery service.

• UberPOOL: UberPOOL allows consumers to share their ride with others to save money. Requesting UberPOOL matches consumers with others traveling in the same direction and splits the fares between them.

• Self-driving car research: In 2015 Uber announced their collaboration with Carnegie Melon to explore the potential for self-driving cars. As of 2016, Uber is performing its research and testing in Pittsburgh.

• Best for: Uber is best for consumers who need transportation over short distances in large cities.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs