Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.89/5
Based on 1,509 ratings submitted in the last year

Uber Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

On January 23, 2021 at 4:55a.m requested an Uber from my residence to American Airlines ticket counter at terminal 4 at LAX, this ride is 11.84 miles or 20 minutes drive. The fee shown on the app was for $26.24, nothing was displayed about surge fee. They charged my account a total of $127.00 adding a surge fee of $91.84 and other misc fees. I contacted UBER about the issue and they offered to reimburse me $32.00, which gives a total charge of $95.00. That is still too much and I and not willing to pay such a hefty fee for a 20 minutes ride or 11.84 miles. I am requesting UBER to reinstate the original fee of $26.24 and reimburse me $100.76.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

They discriminate against minorities. They purposely dropped my Uber Pro status so I could not continue my education, yet they offer it to drivers. For what exactly? Then they reply to messages with repetitious responses with no answer or resolution. I do not have to be a so-called ** person to write this review either.

Get buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

They deactivated my account for no reason, they refer me to the terms and conditions but they do not tell me that it happens and they do not give options to reactivate the account. More than 10 thousand dollars invested requesting daily trips. Client who requests trips in the morning, afternoon and night, also orders food through Uber Eats, they deactivated me without giving reasons, this is how Uber is kicking the client.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Took an Uber ride recently and later that evening, I received an email receipt for my trip. In addition to charging me for the trip, they charged me for a food order from July 2019. I reached out to their support team (email the only option, no phone support available). They said it's for an Uber Eats order my card was not charged for in July of 2019. I went to my past food orders on the app, found the transaction, then went on to my credit card website and pulled up the statement and sure as heck, I was charged. I emailed support the statement showing they charged my card, but the rude CSR insisted I was wrong. Wouldn't even acknowledge the proof I emailed them. I now have to wait for my credit card company to work on the dispute, but this is unacceptable.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2021

I know this is late. I was hoping they would have read the app review and respond but here it is. System support is no good. They ignore you if you have certain questions before they try redirecting the question. Example on 5/15/19 I took a Uber ride. It cost $8.49. Paid for it by Apple Pay. Went through. I tipped $3.00. Didn’t go through but it looked like it went through so I didn’t know it didn’t go through. A week later I tried purchasing a ride pass. It wasn’t working. It just pops up saying check billing address settings.

There’s no billing address settings in the app but I assumed it was something with my card so I added my credit card in. Still the same. So I removed and put it back in. No joy so I’m message them that there was a glitch or something. Took them 12 to 20 hrs to respond but they said that I owed a outstanding amount of $3.00. "Please respond back with last 4 digits of card number you want to charge before 5:45pm" so I checked my bank account and I did owe that money. So I responded back with the info and a question why they don’t have a system in place to notify that there was a payment issue and a means to take care of it right there and then.

They answered, "Please provide more detail." So I did but what more detail they needed not sure. But they responded, "Please call Apple to see why payment didn’t go through." That’s a redirection answer. So I responded, "That’s not what I was asking. I was asking why you don’t have a notification system in to notify that there was a payment issue and a means to pay for it. Also what would I do if I was stranded at work or something." Then they didn’t respond to anything to that question.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I've had problems with Uber only wanting to accept certain debit cards before for payment options. Lyft would accept those same debit cards with no problem. My most recent problem with Uber I added $50.00 gift card and the cash was added however every time I attempted to get a ride it said error accepting the payment. It was very hard to navigate the app to find a way to contact customer service regarding that issue. There is no customer service number and using email customer support for my particular issue was a pain.

I finally got a email the next day. The first one said the temporary hold was lifted and I could use the account but that wasn't accurate. I continued receiving emails basically saying the same things like more information or that a hold was placed because my number was associated with another account email that I didn't recognize. Basically the emails were saying the same things but never did they come up with a solution.

Finally I sent them a screenshot of the error message and instead of resolving the issue they said there was a issue resolving my request and that I couldn't use the app at all. Which was baffling to me. So I have no desire to use their app at this point anyways because I will no longer be a customer. Customer Service sucks and it's hard to resolve issues with this company and harder to even contact any customer service assistance.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I was a 5* driver in Houston for two years. After two years of driving, my background check came up with an expired tag. My account got terminated. Here is the kicker. The management said the real reason was because I hadnt driven during the covid19 pandemic. No **? Lol.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

The date of the trip was 5th January 2021. And time was around 9:40PM. The car was Toyota sienna. The issue with the driver was first he booked the trip. And then he arrived late at the pick up location. And after coming towards us he says that we have to pay more money. We were two people with few groceries that he was taking advantage of the weather and time waiting. He said that if we won’t pay extra he’s going to cancel the trip. He was talking so rude and loud. It was very embarrassing for us. And then he makes the trip start and then when we were ready to go he changed his mind and canceled the trip. And left us helpless. And then we have to book for other Uber.

This is completely unacceptable and negligence of customer service. This is not the way to treat a person with respect to humanity. I want your organisation to talk to that uber driver and make him understand that we have paid for that service and that he should not take customer for granted. And we were not there for him to come and embarrass in public and then left us feel helpless. In the end we took another uber and the groceries fit very easygoing just 3 bags and 2 people fits very, very easily in a small uber and hence that old driver was asking that we need to pay money in cash credit for uber xl for the same elements that was a very, very bad thing on customer service part. Thanks and regards

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

I started with Uber between 3 and 4 years ago. Initially it was great. I was a fleet. Money was good. No sweat. Then I left the fleet service and went solo. Big mistake. The pay is totally different, and you ultimately get less of it. But the ultimate slap in the face came when I started following my fare details. Example: My fare details on one of my trips was this.

You receive: $6.24
    (details say $9.29)
    Customer pays:$19.45

Uber receives: $13.21

I know and understand uber has to take theirs for operating costs....BUT give me a break....What is the justification for them to get that much and I'm only getting the 6.24. There is NOTHING that can justify it. So if you're looking for work, my personal advice is look somewhere else...unless you like getting screwed!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

My Uber account and Uber Eats was compromised this week. There is NO WAY to contact this company by phone. I sent an email. After 24 hours received a response.They acknowledged that my account was compromised, but offered NO HELP in resetting my password. I contacted them at least 7 times requesting to do so, because when I'm prompted to log on, they say a link was sent to my email. but I never received it. It obviously was intercepted by the thieves who hacked my account. Do yourself a favor and go with LYFT. This company doesn't care about the consumer at all. They allowed thieves to get into my account within minutes yet they don't respond to consumers when there is fraudulent activity going on. SHAME ON THEM!

Uber author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2009, Uber launched its rideshare app service in 2010. Uber’s easy-to-use app lets consumers connect with drivers in over 500 cities worldwide.

• Uber car options: Uber’s Economy, Premium and Accessibility options allow consumers to choose the vehicle that best fits their needs, whether they want small cars for quick routes or luxury cars driven by professionals.

• Uber for Business: Businesses can enroll in Uber for Business, a ride management platform that allows small or large companies to monitor employees’ travel expenses.

• Uber deliveries: Uber also has delivery services. Businesses can use UberRush to deliver products to customers, and participating restaurants can use UberEats for their food delivery service.

• UberPOOL: UberPOOL allows consumers to share their ride with others to save money. Requesting UberPOOL matches consumers with others traveling in the same direction and splits the fares between them.

• Self-driving car research: In 2015 Uber announced their collaboration with Carnegie Melon to explore the potential for self-driving cars. As of 2016, Uber is performing its research and testing in Pittsburgh.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team