2. Miscellaneous

3.9/5 (1801 ratings)

About Uber

Uber Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

Original review: June 13, 2021

I been riding with Uber for a little while now but my last Uber has been the best. Kayla with a blue Ford car in Baytown, Texas was excellent. She was there a few mins earlier and she got me to my appointment an hour away fast. If you don't mind drivers that speed you should reserve her. She was polite and friendly and the environment was comfortable. Best experience in a while.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

Price is good and service reliable, I know I can get a ride at any time. But sometimes drivers cancel for no reason and I have to re-book ride, and I even got charged one time for a cancellation fee even though driver cancelled, which is why I reduced a star.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 23, 2021

When I requested an Uber the charge was $45. Apparently in small print somewhere I missed the booking fee and the uber driver took the tollway when there were many other route options. By taking the toll there were even more additional charges. My $45 trip went to $60. Then I tried to contact them which they make impossible. All contact is computerized and not personal at all. When Uber started they had great customer service. Now that they have grown, they've completely lost that hospitality. I will not use Uber any longer. Total disappointment and horrible customer service.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I waited for a driver that did not turn up! My money was taken for a ride I didn't received. I was standing outside long before the driver was to arrive. I tried messaging. Next thing I know the ride was canceled. I had to pay twice to get to where I was going. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THAT MONEY RETURNED! Thank you. Please can someone inform me how I can get my money returned before I cancel the Uber App.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Couldn’t get a phone number, chat didn’t work, couldn’t reach driver w/ the lost item process, couldn’t determine how to make a stop on the way, hit obstacles consistently & when asked for a passcode I looked in contacts and the message I was sending was erased. Conclusion is there is NO customer service. It is totally self-help w/ questions they pose and answer online as a script. Anything else doesn’t exist.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I sign up for a ride for today to be picked up to go to the doctor and no response from Uber rides. But they took my money and they have no direct phone number for the consumer taking further action on this matter.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I’ve been riding Uber for years and quite often during those years. Their quality is horrible. On multiple occasions lately I have ordered an Uber with long wait times to only have the Uber driver cancel my trip at last minute and still charge for trip. Also, while out in Las Vegas for business we tried to “schedule” an Uber at a set pick up time 24 hrs in advance only to have Todd cancelled as well. Once we called another Uber driver and waited an extraordinary time. When I asked driver why the ride was potentially canceled he said that all drivers cancel scheduled rides cause fares are lower. They are horrible. Stay away and use LYFT or a taxi instead.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Had multiple fraudulent charges applied to my account over several months. Most glaring were several I got hit with from Hawaii days after I had left. Uber customer service was and is absolutely terrible. Emailed them copies of my boarding passes showing I was back home 5,000 miles away from where the charges were made. They refused to credit the account. Fraudulent charges continued even after I had closed out my Uber account. Luckily my bank was able to deal with the charges and issued a new account number.

Original review: June 22, 2021

In May, 2021, I was in need of a ride to the Oakland airport - at 4:30 am. The original estimate was about $21-$25. I believe it was only 10-15 minutes prior to pickup time that I received a price of $79! Of course, having received this notice only 15 minutes prior to pickup time gave me no time at all to look at other alternatives. I had checked the previous night to get estimates of the cost when making the decision as to whether or not to use Uber. As we believed it was a max of $25, we made the decision to use Uber and never looked further with other options. So we had no choice but to take the Uber ride. I did put in a complaint shortly after arriving at the airport and Uber did give me a credit of close to $20, however, still I ended up paying over double the initial amount quoted. I tried to continue my "chat" with Uber to get further discount and they cut off my ability to chat any further with them.

Unbelievable - not a customer service friendly move for sure. I understand the whole supply vs demand issue during this pandemic. My issue is, the initial quote certainly should have reflected a price that was more in line with the final price. It is incredible to me to believe that they can quote a significantly lower price and adjust it in such short of a time frame. In the future, I will try other options as I now feel that any price I receive from Uber can be adjusted at the last minute when you have no other options. Not a very good business model.

Original review: June 22, 2021

We made an advance reservation. It was confirmed. On day of departure received notice driver was on the way. He never showed. Tried to schedule another ride. Received notice driver was on the way. Also did not show up. We missed our flight. It cost a lot to reschedule. Don't trust Uber. The.

Original review: June 19, 2021

I left my Samsung Tablet in an Uber car on a Thursday. The driver returned it to their Hub (this cost me $15). I notified customer support that I needed the tablet due to needed medical info on the tablet. I suffer from MS. I was informed on Friday morning that the tablet was at the Portland Hub and I could pick it up there. On Friday I ordered an Uber (at a cost of $22) and went to the Hub. I found out the Hub was closed on Fridays. It would not reopen again until Monday morning. I was scheduled to fly out before the opening time on Monday. I spent hours on Thursday and Friday contacting customer support trying to retrieve my needed laptop. After numerous email exchanges - one of which had my laptop located at a Hub on the opposite coast - I'm still without my tablet. In my mind, real customer support would go the extra mile. This apparently is not the case with Uber.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Uber customer care is not good. I don't even think a human reads it. The responses are cold and robotic. Not caring at all. I know a lot of individuals have no souls and it shows. Also drivers shouldn't be able to rate paying customers unless they're really bad.

Uber author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2009, Uber launched its rideshare app service in 2010. Uber’s easy-to-use app lets consumers connect with drivers in over 500 cities worldwide.

• Uber car options: Uber’s Economy, Premium and Accessibility options allow consumers to choose the vehicle that best fits their needs, whether they want small cars for quick routes or luxury cars driven by professionals.

• Uber for Business: Businesses can enroll in Uber for Business, a ride management platform that allows small or large companies to monitor employees’ travel expenses.

• Uber deliveries: Uber also has delivery services. Businesses can use UberRush to deliver products to customers, and participating restaurants can use UberEats for their food delivery service.

• UberPOOL: UberPOOL allows consumers to share their ride with others to save money. Requesting UberPOOL matches consumers with others traveling in the same direction and splits the fares between them.

• Self-driving car research: In 2015 Uber announced their collaboration with Carnegie Melon to explore the potential for self-driving cars. As of 2016, Uber is performing its research and testing in Pittsburgh.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team