3.4/5 (707 ratings)

About Uber

Uber Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

I had a membership I wanted to cancel and was not aware my 16yr old daughter had added my card to her membership as well so I kept getting monthly charges and Uber would not tell me why. All they said was my account was showing inactive. I finally found out the reason and when we tried canceling my daughter's membership we were two days emailing from all of her accounts to try to get help and no one would do what we asked. Mind you she's a minor and it's my card but they wouldn't do anything. Just kept saying she needed to email support from her email associated with her Uber account. She sent them 3-4 emails from that email account and they kept telling her they didn't receive her emails. She did it via her app and nothing was done either.

Everyone who answered my calls stated they were 'supervisor' for Uber. That's ridiculous. I finally took 2 hours with my daughter to talk to a representative and on the first call I got hung up on by the representative and then immediately received an email that my situation was resolved which was bogus!!! How dare they hang up on a customer and then sent email stating it was resolved. They didn't even try to call me back to apologise for line drop. My email then got blocked so any email I tried to send came back as 'not received'. I called again and finally got a representative named Aimecel who assisted. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be careful when signing up for Uber Pass that they don't do to you what they did to us.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2023

I ordered an Uber driver. Never showed up. Time was critical because I take care of my Mom who is 99 years old. I had scheduled someone to be here with my Mom. But since they never showed up I couldn't go to get an order from a restaurant. For me and my Mom. And besides the I can't get a refund, nobody to talk to. I will use a taxi from now on

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2023

I had a very important appointment with my Dr. on 1/31. I ordered my rides a day before. No one showed up. No phone number to call or contact anyone live who can explain why my rides didn't arrive. Their website is useless probably by design. What kind of a business practices like that? A month ago, my son ordered me an Uber ride. The first thing out of the driver's mouth was who was going to pay for the ride. He took me to the wrong address even though the road name was the same. He refused to take me the additional 2.5 miles to the correct location. He said, "why I should do this for free?". My son complained and the driver wasn't paid. :)

Original review: Jan. 30, 2023

I'm sure I ain't the only one who wonders how Uber gets away with major price gouging?..for instance Saturday night 1/28/23 I ordered an uber home from the bar because my truck had too much to drink and I didn't want to risk getting in trouble, so I ordered a uber ride.. ony a little over 2 miles to my home and they hit me for over $18!! Anyway next morning I had to have them take me back to get the truck. Cost a little over $7 and that is acceptable exactly the same drive the opposite way back. How do they get away with this? Is it legal?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

We scheduled our Uber yesterday and the cancelled at the time our uber was scheduled which I think is very unprofessional and rude. We scheduled the uber for a reason and then it got cancelled and said no drivers were available. I feel that if we schedule an uber they should be more organized and ensure that people who schedule their uber should get one for when it was planned. Now the earliest uber is FORTY DOLLARS more and won’t even get me where I need to go to. We tried calling uber and they keep talking over us and said, "I can’t help" and hung up when we finally had the chance to explain what happened. I think it is ridiculous that they don’t have a customer service number to call and it won’t show up on our trip history to prove that we ordered it. So disappointed that uber cares this little.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2023

Received a cancelled ride fee after completing the ride.. All in all the ride quoted me at 22$. Ended up costing well over 50.. When contacting customer support they said they would fix it. They didn't fix it. Now at 29 days past the ** charge I'm trying to check back into it and the website says that they can't do anything with it because the charge happened over 30 days ago.. Between all these new hidden fees and crazy charges they've heartily convinced me to never use Uber again.. Screw Uber and screw Uber's customer support. Every bit of this experience has been troublesome and undesirable.. Uber as a company sucks.. I hope this snake of a company finishes eating its self soon.. Good riddance.. The only reason I gave one star is because I couldn't give 0.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

I had a driver who dropped me off at my place and sped away with my phone in the back. I ran after him but he was going SO fast, (in a parking lot mind you!!) and he wasn't paying attention. Needless to say, I couldn't catch him, I have severe asthma. So with my lungs bursting, I try to contact Uber. Let the games begin. Well I did get ahold of the driver finally. He was supposed to call me after his next trip around 9:30pm. He never called. I contact Uber again. He never had my number to call me with, he lied to me and said he did. He was just going to ghost me and sell my phone! So now Uber charged me the $20 lost item fee, and refunded it. I disputed the trip charge and now they're charging me DOUBLE the price of that trip to reinstate services to me. Go Uber.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

I have used Uber previously with all kind of charging issues, but this time tops it all. I ordered a car from LGA airport at 12:00 am. I live 45 minutes away. I get a price of $153 which previously was about $75. Included was a $20 toll charge for a bridge, where there was NO toll on the direction the driver had to take. There is a toll at the opposite direction. Uber refuses to refund me. Horrible customer service. This is outright stealing!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

I just started driving with Uber; I drove on a part-time basis and started driving with them in July 2022. I drove once in July 2022 and 2 times in January 2023. Mind you, the last two times that I did drive, I even got a tip from my passengers, thus, one can only assume that my riders were pleased with the service. Anyways, when I did try to drive with Uber again in January 2023, I was notified that my account had been deactivated due to low ratings and they wanted me to pay 60 dollars to take a course with them before I would be reactivated. I called them out on this and told them they were just thieves trying to steal people's hard earned money. How are you gonna rate a driver and temporarily deactivate someone after 2 rides? They are just scammers trying to steal people's money by having you take a 60 dollar course that you shouldn't have to take!

Uber is losing so much money that they are trying to find ways to recoup that money by targeting drivers. DO NOT DRIVE WITH THEM; LYFT IS SO MUCH BETTER! I told Uber to deactivate my account on a permanent basis and that I wasn't gonna be a prey to their scam that they're running by giving them 60 dollars to reactivate my account. I will also be contacting the BBB about this and sharing my experience on all social media apps so that people are aware of what kind of fraudsters Uber is.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

New driver. Have only 2 Seconds accept job. After accepting you will find out rider going out of town 90 miles while rider sitting in your car. Can't cancel job while guest refused to leave your car. Uber simply laughing at you. When I call to explain they told me, "Now you know."

Uber author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 2009, Uber launched its rideshare app service in 2010. Uber’s easy-to-use app lets consumers connect with drivers in over 500 cities worldwide.

• Uber car options: Uber’s Economy, Premium and Accessibility options allow consumers to choose the vehicle that best fits their needs, whether they want small cars for quick routes or luxury cars driven by professionals.

• Uber for Business: Businesses can enroll in Uber for Business, a ride management platform that allows small or large companies to monitor employees’ travel expenses.

• Uber deliveries: Uber also has delivery services. Businesses can use UberRush to deliver products to customers, and participating restaurants can use UberEats for their food delivery service.

• UberPOOL: UberPOOL allows consumers to share their ride with others to save money. Requesting UberPOOL matches consumers with others traveling in the same direction and splits the fares between them.

• Self-driving car research: In 2015 Uber announced their collaboration with Carnegie Melon to explore the potential for self-driving cars. As of 2016, Uber is performing its research and testing in Pittsburgh.

Uber Company Information