Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.40/5
Based on 1,799 ratings submitted in the last year

Uber Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I’m not huge on ride share or using anything that involves giving my bank info to a company. When using Uber for the first time I was very surprised at how competitive the prices were. Getting a ride from the casino was 79$ from a taxi and 36$ from Uber! I was shocked. The drivers are cool and do there best to make sure I was comfortable. The only bad part is the lack of rewards we can get and the discounts are only temporary and they’re given when they want to give add them to our account. And they come with restrictions. They combined it with Uber eats but they don’t offer it in my area which is a disappointment for sure.

I’m very happy though they have Uber gift cards which allows me to not use a bank account and comes handy cause you never know when you could get stranded as we all at some point in our lives. I’ve had no bad experiences so far. Just make sure you grab everything before you leave the car as they really don’t look to see if you left anything behind. I’ve found many things left by prior customers and know how frustrating it can be.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I do not have Uber in the area where I live. But I use it whenever I travel in Mexico and the US. The worst experience I've had, in my 2 years of using Uber, was in San Francisco. I waited 14 minutes for a driver who didn't show up. He somehow canceled and went elsewhere, and I found out the hard way. It was annoying, but didn't cost me anything but my time. The overwhelming majority of times I have used Uber were great. Nice drivers who showed up on time, drove safely and gave great service. Most Uber drivers go above and beyond. They are happy to give travel tips to tourists and help with luggage. I always feel safe with Uber as I have the Uber car's description and license tag, plus a picture of the driver.

Get buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

We used two separate Uber drivers, one on the way to a concert in downtown Austin and the second driver took us back home. Both drivers were safe drivers, their cars were clean and comfortable, and they readily adjusted their thermostat in their car to accommodate our comfort level. The second driver that picked us up from the concert was able to get very close to the arena exit doors. We did not have to walk very far at all to get to his car after the concert. He was there waiting when we walked outside so we did not have to wait at all for him to make his way through the traffic to pick us up. Overall both rides were a good experience.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I've been using Uber for 10 years..when it began in SF, Ca. I used it in NYC, NJ and now Los Angeles, CA. I cannot drive due to my disability and before uber I had to live in cities with great mass transit like SF and NYC. But because of Uber and their amazing cost (comparison to a car) concern of their riders/drivers...I am available to live anywhere in the world now. (Well almost!) I've met amazing drivers, people...and in my 10 years have only had 3 or 4 drivers I've had to make a report on their behavior. (It's like customer service...some people are just not made for it).

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

We have used Uber several times. Some are very good, some ok, and one awful. All have been punctual. But the quality and cleanliness varies. The awful one was smelly and we almost had an accident within two minutes. He ran the stop sign. The car was dirty and smelly and if we hadn’t had to be on time, we would have gotten out. The best one was an immaculate SUV. It looked brand new even though it was about 7 years old. The driver was polite, cautious, very neatly dressed. He had free water in front and in back and little cups with candies in the cup holder. He was a real professional and made the last leg of our trip a pleasure.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

Original review: June 29, 2020

Uber charged me $23 for a 15 mile trip. In less than one hour I utilized the sevice again to go back to where I came from (15 miles). Uber charged me $53 for the exact same trip I just paid $23 for. The driver said to call customer service. There's no number to call. The online support responded that I was not over charged when clearly I was. To make matters worse you can only choose from pre selected issues, none of which addresses the real issue at hand.

Original review: June 26, 2020

Hi sir. Last week I traveled in Uber. While at the time of booking it's shows 11 riyals, once I finished my I was shocked it shows 51 riyal. Really I was confused, because just less than 8 kilometer ride it shows 51 riyals. I liked the driver honesty. Driver told me, "You can ask the customer care. They will solve your issue." Worst thing they don't have customer services through phone, So I messaged this issue to the customer, From the customer service they told me I have booked hourly ride. But I am not aware about. Anyway I told to the customer I pay what I have ride on that day. Since after one week my problem has not solved. Nowadays they are not giving proper reply also.Other

Original review: June 21, 2020

It’s 90 degree outside. Driver has up plastic to protect himself from Covid. He had AC in front for himself but no AC in back. Spoke with supervisor who refused to make it right. After taking Uber everyday twice a day they refused to refund the trip.

Original review: June 21, 2020

Uber as a concept is great! I use them to get to and from work until I can get a car again. Around 2 years now I've been using them religiously. However the last 9 months I have noticed a huge decline in accessibility, longer wait times by 10 fold, price surges constantly. I'm not sure why they would lay off more and more drivers when there are already struggles to catch a ride as is now. I'll schedule a ride 12 hours in advance and still get the good old "sorry we couldn't find you an uber" message. Average time til I can find a uber anymore is 1 and a half hours every time. Get it together Uber!

Original review: June 13, 2020

UBER rude driver in Montreal. A driver, retained by UBER App to service our inquiry, called and asked where I was heading (This seems against UBER policy). As soon as I answered him in good faith, he hung up on me and then cancelled my trip. The App arranged for another driver that carried the service. This resulted in a longer wait that was not necessary should the driver have acted fairly and professionally. We wrote and complained with UBER, who just acknowledged receipt of the complaint without further actions... What we expect is a good service, and proper remedies when issues happen. This does not the case.

Uber author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2009, Uber launched its rideshare app service in 2010. Uber’s easy-to-use app lets consumers connect with drivers in over 500 cities worldwide.

• Uber car options: Uber’s Economy, Premium and Accessibility options allow consumers to choose the vehicle that best fits their needs, whether they want small cars for quick routes or luxury cars driven by professionals.

• Uber for Business: Businesses can enroll in Uber for Business, a ride management platform that allows small or large companies to monitor employees’ travel expenses.

• Uber deliveries: Uber also has delivery services. Businesses can use UberRush to deliver products to customers, and participating restaurants can use UberEats for their food delivery service.

• UberPOOL: UberPOOL allows consumers to share their ride with others to save money. Requesting UberPOOL matches consumers with others traveling in the same direction and splits the fares between them.

• Self-driving car research: In 2015 Uber announced their collaboration with Carnegie Melon to explore the potential for self-driving cars. As of 2016, Uber is performing its research and testing in Pittsburgh.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team