2. Miscellaneous

3.8/5 (1805 ratings)

About Uber

Uber Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Uber still trying to force masks on free people and employees, vaccinated or not. Disgusting. When will a Freedom-loving non-fascist company start-up and put Uber out of business once and for all? I can't wait for that day.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I was quoted $55.23 to go to airport. The driver arrived 10 minutes early. Easy drive to airport Charged $68.97. Worst company ever. NO phone number, no email. No good reviews ever. Last time I use Uber. I'll try Lyft. Consumer beware.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

Awful support, they give the same generic message over the phone after waiting for 20 minutes or through the Uber support messages on the driver app. Background took over 70 days to clear. Got an unlawful review from a passenger for being under the insurance, account was paused for over a week with no warning. Said they did their investigation and deactivated my account and still several days have passed and no one is able to help me. They all say the same thing again and again. Looks ok on their side. If you are thinking about driving for Uber then think twice. It is unreliable.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I called an Uber in Sunrise Fl for a 3.5 mile ride. He never found the address I gave him even though is easy to find. I've driven there before. He drove in circles for an hour. He verbally assaulted me, was driving in the most reckless way veering between lanes, texting while coming to a complete stop in the middle of the road! Driving between lanes. He was verbally abusive too and ending up dropping me off in the middle of nowhere. Then he up the charge to 36.00 from an 11.00 dollar original fee for 3.5 miles. But he never got me to.my destination.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Uber has many issues. I have had to use them regularly for the past two weeks, and these are the issues I’ve encountered:

1. Their app changes the addresses entered. Every time I enter my home address, my neighbor’s address across the street will appear on my receipts. I hardly know those neighbors and have never used their address for anything. Every time I enter my work address, my drivers are directed to another nearby address. I have had to redirect all of my drivers who picked me up from work.

2. Whenever a driver has cancelled a trip, Uber charged ME a cancellation fee. One driver cancelled before arrival, of which I didn’t become aware until I checked status. I had to request another ride, which made me late for work.

3. I have been charged for a trip that I did not request, and did not take. The same driver who cancelled a ride with me before arrival, is named for this trip at a destination location that I don’t even recognize.

4. Have had to make multiple requests for refunds for driver cancellations and trips that I was billed for, but didn’t request. Even with screenshots of the transactions from my bank account and the cancelled status from the app, they still don’t refund after the first request.

5. Contacting them to resolve an issue is difficult. There is no phone number or email address for them. When an issue is reported through the app, a response comes from a ‘no reply’ email address.

6. When messaging drivers to give them critical information about location, most don’t reply.

7. The app prefills the pick-up address, often a wrong/unknown one.

8. Changing the prefilled address is a nuisance because when clicking on the address shown to type over it, it gets confirmed. It takes repeated attempts to clear that field.

Hopefully I will be free of them by the weekend. They are a huge headache!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

My upfront price was shown at $49.79. After I accepted the ride from MCI to my home near Kansas City I looked at my phone and received a message that I was being charged $100 for the ride. Of course you can not just call Uber and their help system is a joke. I have since removed uber from my phone and will only use Lyft and local taxis from here out

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

I booked an Uber ride with Regina. My trip cost to be $24. Ride 7 miles in Philadelphia. She got lost. Couldn’t follow Waze accurately. We ended up in New Jersey. I finally pulled out my phone and give her directions. Final cost $55. She said she would resolve. Of course she didn’t. Impossible to contact Uber. Will end up disputing my charge. Never again Uber.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I was being charged for trips I didn't make. I tried many ways to contact the company but could not find a phone number or email. Feels like they just want to take your money and don't want to provide customer service.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2021

Driver discriminated towards my son bc of his color and hair!! I use this service daily due to not having reliable transportation. I am disgusted that my son has to experience this type of service. He was late to school because of this driver nasty attitude and racism. Drivers like this should NOT be able to work in this environment is he/she can't tolerate people of color! I also had to pay a cancellation fee which was double the price to get to school. I am a single mom just getting by!!! Cancellation fee and nasty service was not in the agenda for today. UBER has really scared my son and my POCKETS!! I want justice and for everyone to know make sure you report drivers line this!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2021

See a few new fees that just push up prices. Like a wait time fee even though I was standing outside and a booking fee. What a fee on top of charge for booking the ride. Wtf!!!! Then I schedule a ride and twice they don’t show up. Uber gave me back my money but ** stressful.

Uber author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 2009, Uber launched its rideshare app service in 2010. Uber’s easy-to-use app lets consumers connect with drivers in over 500 cities worldwide.

• Uber car options: Uber’s Economy, Premium and Accessibility options allow consumers to choose the vehicle that best fits their needs, whether they want small cars for quick routes or luxury cars driven by professionals.

• Uber for Business: Businesses can enroll in Uber for Business, a ride management platform that allows small or large companies to monitor employees’ travel expenses.

• Uber deliveries: Uber also has delivery services. Businesses can use UberRush to deliver products to customers, and participating restaurants can use UberEats for their food delivery service.

• UberPOOL: UberPOOL allows consumers to share their ride with others to save money. Requesting UberPOOL matches consumers with others traveling in the same direction and splits the fares between them.

• Self-driving car research: In 2015 Uber announced their collaboration with Carnegie Melon to explore the potential for self-driving cars. As of 2016, Uber is performing its research and testing in Pittsburgh.

Uber Company Information