2.08/5

1453 Uber Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 19, 2019

Uber is "generally" quick, reliable, and safe. Only had 1 driver with strong smell of marijuana in the car- put me on guard of being pulled over by police. Otherwise, drivers I've encounter were courteous and cognizant of their safety as well as mine by introducing themselves and calling me by name. I always check the license plate before entering the automobile.

Original review: April 19, 2019

Firstly Uber uses an outsourced call center to receive and take calls for their company. The employee I spoke to was a supervisor by the name of JOHN who was in the Philippines. He did not care about my concerns about my safety. They are unconsidered with their employee’s SAFETY. The driver is unaware of who they are picking up or even where they are going until the rider gets in the car. I have had questionable riders get into my vehicle and ask to be taken to areas that’s did not feel or look safe. Ubers only consider is making sure you get the rider to their destination and not how to protect its drivers from harm while driving. This company should really evaluate the safety for not only their riders but their Drivers as well.

These companies will make a extra buck but not allow its driver to have any protection with them while operating the application. The most they give their drivers is an emergency button which calls the police in the event of an emergency. What is a button going to do if you are currently under attack? How is a button going to save me from an crazy person getting in my car and decided to attack me? How is a button going to save me if I have to drive late at night and have to take a rider to a unsafe part of town, from a person who wishes to do harm to me? UBER wants its riders to feel comfortable. What about the DRIVERS. GA law allow me the right to protect myself.

Uber denies its drivers the legal right to be accompanied by a family member or a friend. They deny the right to allow their drivers to bear arms. They allow the rider to go where they please, invite whoever they want to share a rider, and transport whatever they please. All the while the driver is unaware and vulnerable. I am 5.5 ft and weight 120. I have 2 small children and a husband who depend on me. It will be very hard for me to fight a person. It would be very tragic if a DRIVER was hurt or placed in a compromising situation, and the only thing UBER provided is a button to call for help. Hopefully the person doing the harm is willing to wait for emergency response to arrive.

Get expert buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Apparently Uber EATS in Canada doesn’t give a crap about their customers. My order was so simple, yet they managed to screw it up anyways YET AGAIN. I ordered some fries, a couple of burgers and a green tea at around 1 or 2 a.m. and everything went pretty smoothly. The driver was a very nice guy and the delivery was quite speedy. I enjoyed most of my meal until I got to this disgusting, disrespectful, sorry excuse for a Junior Chicken. Apparently someone from the McDonald’s at St Clair/Victoria Park (Toronto, Ontario) thought it would be hilarious to douse my Junior Chicken with a bunch of Chili Pepper Flakes and some strange tasting sauce.

I’ve experienced a few issues in the past with Uber EATS regarding tardiness of delivery and even food quality and most times Uber EATS resolved the situations very professionally and even refunded me on a few occasions but after this whole experience and even SENDING IN PHOTO EVIDENCE of this malicious and disrespectful gesture. The best they could do was send me a message saying how “sorry” they were and that there is nothing they can do and I should just get in touch with the restaurant and leave feedback through the app. For all they know I could of been ALLERGIC to chili peppers and COULD HAVE SUED. Honestly I don’t really have time to deal with stupidity like this as I have more important things to worry about but this was absolutely unprofessional and uncalled for, especially as a loyal customer who has been using Uber EATS for years.

I can’t say I’m the least bit impressed and I doubt I will be using Uber EATS much after this whole ordeal. Shame on you guys and I hope you get this sort of problem sorted out for future orders and future customers. Nice and I enjoyed most of my meal until I got to this disgusting disrespectful sorry excuse for a Junior Chicken. Apparently someone from the McDonald’s at St Clair/Victoria Park thought it would be hilarious to douse my Junior Chicken with a bunch of Chili Pepper Flakes and some strange tasting sauce. I’ve experienced a few issues in the past with Uber EATS regarding tardiness of delivery and even food quality and most times Uber EATS resolved the situations very professionally and even refunded me on a few occasions but after this whole experience and even SENDING IN PHOTO EVIDENCE of this malicious and disrespectful gesture.

The best they could do was send me a message saying how “sorry” they were and that there is nothing they can do and I should just get in touch with the restaurant and leave feedback through the app. For all they know I could of been ALLERGIC to chili peppers and COULD HAVE SUED them for being such careless jerks. Honestly I don’t really have time to deal with stupidity like this as I have more important things to worry about but this was absolutely unprofessional and uncalled for, especially as a loyal customer who has been using Uber EATS for years. I can’t say I’m the least bit impressed and I doubt I will be using Uber EATS much after this whole ordeal. Shame on you guys and I hope you get this sort of problem sorted out for future orders and future customers. WASTE OF MONEY!

Original review: April 17, 2019

After a long trip we took Uber from our airport to home. It was my fault that in gathering our things I left one small bag in the back seat. I have been trying to contact the driver/Uber since then. My first attempt to contact the driver was successful in reaching him BUT he promised to bring the bag over but hasn't shown up yet (48 hours). I have tried contacting him again through the Uber App, which is the only way I know to get in touch with him. No return calls yet. I then went back to the app and followed the "can't contact the driver" link and have reached out to Uber to become involved -- twice. No response from Uber. This is NOT what I think of when I think of customer service. The bag contains critical things like me heart/BP Medication and my passport!

Original review: April 16, 2019

I signed up for a ride and UBER sent the driver to the destination not the pick up point. So the driver came all the way back to get me as he said it was UBER'S fault and that this happens every once in a while. Then they charged me for all the time the driver spent both ways, I sent in a complaint and they told me basically, "Too bad sorry we can not credit you." They charged me nearly 3 times what the original quote was. Thanks for reading this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

Original review: April 16, 2019

I ordered an Uber. Price estimate was between 27-35$. I ordered Uber, and they charged me 73.00$. More than double the price estimate. There was no traffic. I took that route multiple times, at different times of the day and the maximum charge for the trip was 38-40$. Now 73.00$. I wrote to them numerous times, but they gave me silly explanation and never refunded my money. Definitely they should not charge me more than 35$. They have your credit cards, and they think they can charge whatever they feel like it. Someone has to look at what Uber is doing.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Uber is allowing credit theft from companies like PayPal! Was hacked for 300 dollars in Uber charges that I didn't make! Shut them down for not able to verify payment from fraud! Do not use your app for paying through Uber!

Original review: April 15, 2019

My Uber account was hacked and someone swiped $475 from my bank account. They used the Uber cash for UberEats and some rides. I contacted Uber and they agreed that since my bank card had been canceled that they would give me Uber cash credit, which I agreed to because I knew I would eventually use it. They only refunded me $225 and ignored my repeated attempts to explain that that wasn't the complete refund. After days of trying to resolve the issue, they closed my account entirely. Their "cut" and "paste" responses make no sense and now they're ignoring me entirely.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I had both Lyft and Uber apps and when I needed to go somewhere, I would compare the prices on both. In doing this comparison one day, I saw that Uber was a lot cheaper that day (which almost never happens) by about $2 something. I jumped at it and booked my ride with Uber and was taken to my destination. I paid and thought that was it. THE NEXT DAY (I swear), Uber charged me an ADDITIONAL $2 something (just about identical to what the difference in prices between Uber and Lyft were for that distance).

When I contacted customer support, they said, "We readjusted your rate (AFTER THE fact the following day no less) because of toll charges". I told them, "When you quote the customer a price, that price is supposed to include that already". They refused to do anything. Just because they have our credit card information, doesn't give them the right to ring it up whenever they feel like. I recommend you contact BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU to report any egregious issues you have with them and their crooked drivers at 1(703)276-0100.

Original review: April 14, 2019

This past week I used the Uber service twice to attend a meeting at my job. Both rides from my house to the office and vice versa were two different prices than what I was initially shown before submitting the ride request. When I contacted Uber via email they stated that the prices I showed them from my bank statements weren't showing on their system. The only price they can see is the initial upfront price before I submitted the request for the ride. This is a fraudulent company and I don't recommend anybody using their services. Uber is a bunch of thieves and I believe no one is actually at the receiving end of the emails but yet just a bunch of automatic messages. Never will I be using Uber again. This company needs to be shut down.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Most of the drivers are unprofessional. Even in summers the A/C won't be switched on and when asked, they re-confirm if we really want A/C! The most frustrating cases are where they accept the ride, don't turn up to the location, don't call, don't pick up our calls and then choose to cancel it putting the cancellation charges on us. Other transportation options are in fact becoming better where Uber is just getting worse day by day.

Original review: April 13, 2019

In my most recent requests for an Uber Ride here in April 2019, I was quoted a price on the app, and the final charge to my card was nearly twice the amount. I was completely shocked, felt deceived, and was completely blindsided. Their advertisement stating that you will know your price before requesting your ride is not true and misleading. Additionally, I was charged a “wait fee” on these requests. How can I be charged a wait fee when I was standing at the curb when the driver pulled up? I will no longer use Uber for a ride, and will give my business to Lyft.

Original review: April 13, 2019

Great idea of sharing your rides. But it is turning to taxi service which is not good. Usually good service. Convenient application. Inexpensive. Unfortunately price is going up. Can’t wait when self driving cars witbe available. Robotaxi!!!

Original review: April 12, 2019

The most advertised company Uber Eats has worst application and the order procedure where they don't let the customer to cancel the order but reflects on guidelines to ask on support where the customer support also keeps on wasting time of the customer during the procedure so that they can charge the price of order and then cancel it. Happened twice. Customer executive name: Saurabh.

Original review: April 12, 2019

I purchased $50.00 (paid 48.00 per their promotion) of Uber credits, i.e., Uber Cash on 2/15/19. I could not use this Uber Cash until March. My recent rides since then total $34.00, meaning I should have a balance of $16.00. But my account has a balance of only $6.00; $10.00 has gone to places unknown. There is no phone number to call on this, and the website is useless. I strongly DO NOT recommend using Uber Cash. Your money goes into a black hole.

Original review: April 12, 2019

The cancellation fee should change because if a driver is 20-30 minutes away I would like to cancel because I need someone closer and you can’t see how far away the driver is until you confirm the price and that’s when you see how far away the driver is to meet with and you. And in most times the cancellation fee is taken out even if you don’t meet with the driver and you cancel the fee is taking out the app show $0.00. And when you check your debit card account it show that it has been taken out so sometime needs to be done or changes to the app and service!!

Original review: April 11, 2019

I am a new driver with Uber and had the rug pulled out from me today. Out of the blue with no warning I was deactivated for not having a vehicle inspection. I fulfilled all requirements 27 days ago and nothing was ever communicated to me this was required. After spending 4 hours on the phone with “support “ I spoke with 3 customer service representatives and 1 manager. Only 1 representative spoke intelligible English. I got conflicting information from their “support team” and caught them in several lies. If you are considering rideshare with this company you will make more money at a minimum wage job and less hassles.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I ordered $50 dollars worth of food, the delivery was 5 minutes away, but the driver drove past my house to deliver someone else's food so it took 20 minutes after pickup for delivery. The food was not edible so I tried to cancel the order. I tried to return the food, but neither the burger place or Uber would refund or return the untouched slop they delivered to me. They have horrible customer service and mislead their customers by not advertising "all sales are final," they should be closed down for fraudulent practices.

Original review: April 11, 2019

I just got charged an extra $20 for a trip that allegedly took 20 min than it actually did. I was dropped off 20 min earlier than shown in the receipt. Uber’s receipt is based on false information that Uber has profited from. Disgraceful!

Original review: April 11, 2019

Have a problem with Uber gift card and it's been 2 months as of April 2019. After being bounced around from different Uber helpers via email since you can't call into uber, the problem is still not fixed with my gift card. Every response is an automate response because they never read the full compliant. Finally got move to a manager and the response was also automated. Was told they can't do anything if you gift card got stolen, when I never mention it being stolen. I have to card but then it's not working, so uber robbed me of $200.00 now!

Original review: April 10, 2019

The drivers, of course drive extremely fast. To get to no-where, then they will scam you by adding extra charges to your ride. Some will even put you out. The also have some drivers with filthy and nasty vehicles. They will hire anybody.

Original review: April 9, 2019

I ordered UberPool, with 30% discount, the ride price was $5. Uber asked me if I want to walk and pay cheaper. I didn't want to walk and price got $9. I canceled and tried again, and again, from $5 (with discount) price got $9. I was trying to contact Uber - no way. I took taxi. Now I'm trying to reach Uber to get to know what to expect and why price got up - Uber has no customer service and no way to contact Uber.

Original review: April 8, 2019

We’re driving on White School Rd Sevierville 2:30, 4/8/19. Driver whipped around us splashing puddles of water everywhere. He was speeding. It was raining, and it was downright scary. A School bus was en route and this road has many curves. The UBER driver was unsafe and a danger to us, school children and everyone else on the road. I found it disturbing that nobody from UBER can be reached by phone, text or email. I think there is enough detail in my review. People need to be able to CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS. I tried and got redirected to everything but the tooth fairy... TRY CALLING UBER TO REPORT A COMPLAINT FOLKS... Let me know what website you're redirected to.

Original review: April 8, 2019

I have a FreedomPop number which Uber's system sees as a VOIP. Despite sending an email with a picture of FreedomPop's app showing otherwise and a link showing that my phone does not have a phone number in settings as the way FreedomPop works is weird they keep responding with the same message "It looks like a VOIP" and "send a screenshot of the settings" which my phone does not have.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I recently had a missing payment on 3/11/19. I contacted Uber and was told to submit a bank statement with deposits before this date and after this date. I got the paperwork from my bank and submitted it to Uber. Uber claims that there was a technical issue and the payment was pending. According to Uber, the payment was deposited into my account successfully. The only problem is that my bank says otherwise.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I have been a loyal customers for a few years. I take several Ubers a day spending roughly almost $ a month. I have two jobs and mistakenly put the address of the wrong job. 2 minutes into the ride I realized I was going to the wrong location. Instead of going right he went left. I told him to let me out (okay with being charged being that it was my mistake) but when I told him to stop he rode faster to the destination making it completely unsafe and dangerous being that it was also raining this morning. He left me at my destination leaving me all the way on the other side making the fare that much higher. I had to pay an additional $15 to the $7.63 I had to pay for the last one.

Being that he was so rude and drove dangerously I asked for a full refund (of the $7.63) and was denied. They instead credited me $5 in my account which I was no longer interested in being that I refuse to give my money to a company that doesn't care about professionalism or safety of their customers. I had customer service contact me to tell me they weren't going to refund me and so I asked for my account to be deleted and she gladly walked me through it not valuing my customer service for so many years. Don't waste your hard earned money on this piece of garbage company.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I downloaded the app in Charleston and didn't even get to use it before it locked me out and wouldn't let me use either mobile number to create another account. Absolutely rubbish, terrible customer service. I couldn't even delete my account as it wouldn't let me. They kept referring me to emails the support team had sent but I never received them. Totally disgraceful company.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Your diver was not professional. He came very late for pick up. He took 15 minutes for 3 kilometers and he is not ready to understand my problem. I face very bad experience. Early morning empty roads of Chandigarh he took 15 minutes. OMG. 6:30am I did my booking. 6:45 he came to pick me up. It is hardly 2 minutes distance. From driver location to my pick point location. It was madness that I trust on your company and your professional drivers.

Original review: March 28, 2019

First off, the drivers are amazing. For one company to have so many positive and professional employees is amazing. However, I am certain that their awesomeness is not a result of the trickle down effect. I know this because, when it comes to Uber's corporate staff, customer service does not exist; literally! Their one flaw that I've observed in every driver is directly the daily of Uber executives. That flaw is poor GPS technology. Nearly every GPS app (including Waze and Lyft) is superior to Uber. This is a problem that would have been solved if the company had a customer service strategy and department worth mentioning.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Took an Uber pool. The driver barely spoke English, but me stuck in traffic, told me it would be another 40 minutes to get to my destination, told me (in his limited English) that I could get out immediately and was charged $45 instead of $10. Got nowhere with customer support. Will pursue all my options to make sure nobody else has this experience.

Uber expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2009, Uber launched its rideshare app service in 2010. Uber’s easy-to-use app lets consumers connect with drivers in over 500 cities worldwide.

• Uber car options: Uber’s Economy, Premium and Accessibility options allow consumers to choose the vehicle that best fits their needs, whether they want small cars for quick routes or luxury cars driven by professionals.

• Uber for Business: Businesses can enroll in Uber for Business, a ride management platform that allows small or large companies to monitor employees’ travel expenses.

• Uber deliveries: Uber also has delivery services. Businesses can use UberRush to deliver products to customers, and participating restaurants can use UberEats for their food delivery service.

• UberPOOL: UberPOOL allows consumers to share their ride with others to save money. Requesting UberPOOL matches consumers with others traveling in the same direction and splits the fares between them.

• Self-driving car research: In 2015 Uber announced their collaboration with Carnegie Melon to explore the potential for self-driving cars. As of 2016, Uber is performing its research and testing in Pittsburgh.

• Best for: Uber is best for consumers who need transportation over short distances in large cities.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs