Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.93/5

Uber Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I’m not huge on ride share or using anything that involves giving my bank info to a company. When using Uber for the first time I was very surprised at how competitive the prices were. Getting a ride from the casino was 79$ from a taxi and 36$ from Uber! I was shocked. The drivers are cool and do there best to make sure I was comfortable. The only bad part is the lack of rewards we can get and the discounts are only temporary and they’re given when they want to give add them to our account. And they come with restrictions. They combined it with Uber eats but they don’t offer it in my area which is a disappointment for sure.

I’m very happy though they have Uber gift cards which allows me to not use a bank account and comes handy cause you never know when you could get stranded as we all at some point in our lives. I’ve had no bad experiences so far. Just make sure you grab everything before you leave the car as they really don’t look to see if you left anything behind. I’ve found many things left by prior customers and know how frustrating it can be.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I do not have Uber in the area where I live. But I use it whenever I travel in Mexico and the US. The worst experience I've had, in my 2 years of using Uber, was in San Francisco. I waited 14 minutes for a driver who didn't show up. He somehow canceled and went elsewhere, and I found out the hard way. It was annoying, but didn't cost me anything but my time. The overwhelming majority of times I have used Uber were great. Nice drivers who showed up on time, drove safely and gave great service. Most Uber drivers go above and beyond. They are happy to give travel tips to tourists and help with luggage. I always feel safe with Uber as I have the Uber car's description and license tag, plus a picture of the driver.

Get buying tips about Transportation and Rideshare Apps delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
    Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

We used two separate Uber drivers, one on the way to a concert in downtown Austin and the second driver took us back home. Both drivers were safe drivers, their cars were clean and comfortable, and they readily adjusted their thermostat in their car to accommodate our comfort level. The second driver that picked us up from the concert was able to get very close to the arena exit doors. We did not have to walk very far at all to get to his car after the concert. He was there waiting when we walked outside so we did not have to wait at all for him to make his way through the traffic to pick us up. Overall both rides were a good experience.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I've been using Uber for 10 years..when it began in SF, Ca. I used it in NYC, NJ and now Los Angeles, CA. I cannot drive due to my disability and before uber I had to live in cities with great mass transit like SF and NYC. But because of Uber and their amazing cost (comparison to a car) concern of their riders/drivers...I am available to live anywhere in the world now. (Well almost!) I've met amazing drivers, people...and in my 10 years have only had 3 or 4 drivers I've had to make a report on their behavior. (It's like customer service...some people are just not made for it).

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

We have used Uber several times. Some are very good, some ok, and one awful. All have been punctual. But the quality and cleanliness varies. The awful one was smelly and we almost had an accident within two minutes. He ran the stop sign. The car was dirty and smelly and if we hadn’t had to be on time, we would have gotten out. The best one was an immaculate SUV. It looked brand new even though it was about 7 years old. The driver was polite, cautious, very neatly dressed. He had free water in front and in back and little cups with candies in the cup holder. He was a real professional and made the last leg of our trip a pleasure.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2020

I booked a cab in Gurugram. After reaching my destination I paid the driver (Irfan **) through GPAY but he was so fraud and cheater that he submitted the amount less and then in my Uber app it started showing pending amount when in fact I paid in full. And this is not it, I thought that since it is the driver who lied, so when I will file the complain in my help section in Uber app, they will clear my pending amount. But guess what, their service is so pathetic that they didn't understood my problem, in fact told me that they can't do anything. They even don't have customer call service where I can call. This the way they treat their customers and encourage drivers to cheat their customers.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2020

I was quoted $16-$20 for my ride. I waited almost 5 minutes for them to match me with a driver. It was only then when nearby drivers started a bidding war with me. Drivers near me were requesting as much as $60 for a 6 mile drive. I denied them all. Until a driver was willing to take me for the quoted price. Going back home, same thing... A local driver had the audacity to ask for $78!! I was eventually re-quoted for $40-45. I was appalled!! I chose Lyft instead. And Uber had the audacity of charging me $20 for a ride I NEVER accepted. I am disputing with credit card company. Uber you SUCK!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

We booked an Uber for my husband to go to the airport this morning. No one showed up, no one even called to let us know they wouldn’t be coming. Instead we had to wake up our young children very early to get him to the airport which was what we’d been trying to avoid. Now my husband is late and may miss his flight.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2020

My boyfriend and I were traveling out of town and we used Uber and the time said the eta was 7 minutes then it went to 5 minutes then stayed on 2 minutes for almost 10 minutes then all of a sudden it switches us to another driver! We had a flight to catch so we opened the Lyft app and ordered a ride. Lyft came within 4 minutes and the time was accurate. My boyfriend tried to cancel the ride and it said it would charge him $5.25!! I was shocked because 2 minutes isn’t always two minutes.. So I messaged the driver and told him we found an alternative form of transportation because we did not want to be late for our flight and told him we can not afford to pay the 5.25 and so he said he could not cancel the ride. This was even crazier to think the driver cannot cancel but our other driver cancelled on us and they are not penalized. It’s like having the customer being punished by uber despite uber's timings being all over the place and not accurate.

We had another driver who we were waiting on and uber decided to change us to another driver and had us waiting about 15 minutes or so. What an inconvenience and what’s even worse when we cancelled uber charged us for half of the trip which was around 7.84 dollars!! I will be using Lyft from now on if no one takes care of the customers' complaints and change the way uber works.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

I contacted Uber to drive me approximately 3 miles to a restaurant. They did not follow their procedure as explained and instead gave me an estimate for the ride. I thought I would be charged $11.00, but was charged $19.00. On the return trip, I contacted them again and the estimate was $35.00. The driver arrived and I explained that I had not requested the ride at $35.00 but had asked him to call me. He said he is "just the driver" and does not quote the price. He left and charged me $23.00 and I did not even have the benefit of the drive home. In all, I was charged over $60.00 for a ride to and from and restaurant and Uber will not refund me.

Uber author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2009, Uber launched its rideshare app service in 2010. Uber’s easy-to-use app lets consumers connect with drivers in over 500 cities worldwide.

• Uber car options: Uber’s Economy, Premium and Accessibility options allow consumers to choose the vehicle that best fits their needs, whether they want small cars for quick routes or luxury cars driven by professionals.

• Uber for Business: Businesses can enroll in Uber for Business, a ride management platform that allows small or large companies to monitor employees’ travel expenses.

• Uber deliveries: Uber also has delivery services. Businesses can use UberRush to deliver products to customers, and participating restaurants can use UberEats for their food delivery service.

• UberPOOL: UberPOOL allows consumers to share their ride with others to save money. Requesting UberPOOL matches consumers with others traveling in the same direction and splits the fares between them.

• Self-driving car research: In 2015 Uber announced their collaboration with Carnegie Melon to explore the potential for self-driving cars. As of 2016, Uber is performing its research and testing in Pittsburgh.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team