1.98/5
Based on 489 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Uber

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 24, 2018

781 Uber Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I drove Uber for some time as a part time. It is so disgusting. They deactivated my account for the reason that I was driving slow in heavy traffic and I was saying it a good weather when the rider does not like it. When they deactivated my account I did not feel good for some time because I began to play with it. You cannot make money but it was a fun. But don't do it. Consider some of the following issues: How do you deal with crash? How do you deal with your depreciation? You are actually making minimum wage. How do you deal when you are deactivated? Who would you contact if there is a serious issue? You will be on your own and will go to depression and your family will leave you.Never drive for Uber or Kick them out from Canada.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I drove for Uber in 2016 and had an accident. Uber's insurance is a low ball tactic, fraudulent, lying, scamming company. I noticed fraud in my accident and no one did nothing. All these false claims on the insurance papers. I later discovered it was done on purpose. Even the police report was a lie and never accepted. I contacted Uber and Farmers and they have done nothing. However, I see how their partnership in Pittsburgh works against the victim and engages in stalking, harassment and mail fraud. Til this day my mail is stolen or given away to these fraudsters and there was a breach but that's on a hush now. I still suffer from injuries and have no help. They target you and these people who are involved have greed. That's why it was done.

The insurance covered 10 vehicles per accident for 1.5 million so I can see where the greed and ignorance came from. I pray to God that each one is exposed for what they did up to the mayor. It's a shame as a woman that I've been treated so unfair and as a driver could of died in my accident. My car damage was estimated more then what it costs, my car was never looked at by past lawyers and police didn't investigate anything and that was on purpose. I'm struggling everyday due to the negligence of the accident drivers, police, doctors and the crooked lawyer I had which was Simon & Simon. Damn shame the corruption.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I had used Uber service to travel from Raheja Garden, Wanowrie to Pune Airport in Pool category on 8th Feb. I was supposed to Pay Rs 130.50 for the ride. I had paid Rs 200 to driver at the Pune Airport. He was not having the change so he went to bring the change. He asked me to wait and told me that he will park it and get the change from a shop. He didn't returned for a long time. I called him, initially he picked you the phone but later on, he stopped picking the phone too. Since I was getting late for my flight, I proceeded for my journey. Today I am back to Pune and thus writing you the mail. This was my first ride with Uber but with bad experience. When Complained to UBER, received a poor response.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I was attempting to walk from my house to an Uber car that was waiting for me on December 27, 2017. I slipped on the ice (broke my hip) and couldn't get up. When the Uber driver unsuccessfully attempted to load me into the car, and determined I couldn't board, he tossed a water bottle to me (which I couldn't retrieve as I was completely immobilized), left me in the middle of the street, and drove off. Luckily a neighbor came momentarily and called 911, or I might have died of shock and exposure.

My son (whose Uber account we used for this ride) contacted them, and after Uber's investigation, we didn't even receive an apology from Uber or the driver. I believe that drivers are not held accountable for poor practices such as leaving an injured passenger, as long as the company is not legally responsible for the accident. Though our lawyer has informed us that there is no legal recourse, I wish Uber riders to know that you can't count on being treated with the most basic human decency, which would include calling 911 and staying on the scene until help arrived.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I received an email receipt for a Uber ride I never took. I had signed up for Uber 4 months ago but have never used it. Although the charge was only $7 I told Uber my account had been hacked. Instead of investigating they told me it was a legitimate charge and even if my bank refunded the charge I would still owe Uber the $7.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

My mom who is 62 and handicap requested an Uber carseat for her and my 20 month daughter on 7th Ave. Kmart on 34th St. in NYC today. They sent a shared Uber. Then the driver said he would meet them at Grand Central Station which is at least 5 Avenues away or pick her up in front of a hotel. He never arrived and charged for a trip that neither my mom or child was in the car! You can see in the email images that there is no way in hell that short of a trip could have been $18! My mom called Dial 7 and they took her and the baby home. This is outright fraud.

Uber does this ALL the time when anyone in my family requests carseats. Lately, and I have a 4.77 rating, the drivers have been lying about my pick up location and want me to meet them blocks away. If they are that incompetent, do not hire them! Uber refuses to answer our emails and you cannot call them. Something must be done!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I have created an Uber account recently in Portland, US. When I try to use the free first ride which is the referral ride, it throws some error. I must have written to customer care some 10 times since yesterday and they are so inefficient even to resolve small issues like this. They have been giving some lame excuses and suggestions, to restart my app and all. Worst of all, they even stopped responding after some time. I have not been able to book a ride because of this. I have never expected such a worst service from Uber, when they claim that customer service is their first priority.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I was overcharged by Uber recently. I was shown a fare of 787.66 and at the at of the trip the fare was 1875 and I had to pay it. Later I contacted Uber and they said it happened due to GPS error and they refunded me the difference in Uber credits. Now, I don't understand who has given them the right to convert my money into Uber credits!!! I have no intention of using Uber again after this bad experience.

I contacted them many times and I provided them with my bank details and they told me they cannot refund my money to my bank account. So, they overcharged me and then they converted my money into Uber credits without my permission. Now, I have 1200+ Uber credits in my Uber account. I really don't want to use Uber again and I want my money back because that's my money and Uber has no right to decide it for me to how to use my money (as they have decided for me that I need to use that money for my next rides).

I request you all not to use Uber as they don't care about the customers. They steal your money and blame GPS. I am not the only one who was overcharged and treated like this. During my ride, someone called the driver and he was also arguing with the driver for the same issue. Uber has lost one customer for sure and I request everyone don't use their service. Shame on UBER!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Uber has very bad customer support. If their driver charge more they didn't refund any amount to customer and he has to pay more than double some time because of Uber bad system response or driver ask to pay more amount. In this way Uber is cheating its customer. They should ask their driver to pay back extra amount instead of blaming customer to pay through online methods. They simply says they didn't pay the cash payment that is paid by mistake.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

My little sister's flight with AA was canceled last night due to crew not showing up... something BS about how they worked past a certain amount of hours. This is gross incompetence on AA's part. Then Uber has no cars available, but charges me 56 USD on hold on my card. I then get a Lyft to bring my little sister back. Now it's the next day, I try to get an Uber, the fake taxi shows up and tells us she can't drive to LAX... so, no my little sister is on a time crunch, again, I use Lyft to get her to the airport. I check my card, Uber has put $112 USD on hold... FOR NOT BEING ABLE TO DO THEIR WORK? What a bunch of **.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

Ordered food for a small group of people and instead of calling me to ask where my apartment was and have me come get the food, the driver just cancelled the order and drove away without any notice or explanation. I tried contacting support and they gave me a cookie cutter response (with multiple typos) that was of no help whatsoever.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I asked to be picked up from Uber on 2/13/18. It was really cold out that day. When I made my appointment they said 5 min away. I waited 20 min. Then I got a phone call from the driver saying he wouldn't be able to pick me up. This happened 3 times with other drivers! I finally got a guy to pick me up. After bribing him with a big tip. Then I get the charge from Uber it was more than it was supposed to be. Come to find out after complaining they bumped me up to UberXL. Even after telling them everything I went through to get a driver to pick me up and that I didn't order XL they still would give me back the extra money they charged me. This company is a joke and wouldn't recommend anyone to use this service. I give it no stars!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I've been using Uber regularly for the past month to go to and from work, all of the a sudden in the past 2 days my fare to work has increased by $3 and is the same from work to home. When I dared to question them I am being blown off and saying I accepted the fare so I shouldn't question it. I accepted the fare because I needed to get to work and wasn't about to be late by $3 an issue I thought could be resolved after, they claim to be upfront in their pricing but charges are not consistent which is unfair and unethical. I know if I call a local taxi my fare is the same no matter what time of the day it is.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

I have been an UBER rider for more than a year. Here in Richmond VA, United States. Never pay attention on charges of UBER 'cause I trusted the company and my account was healthy, good balance most of the time. I used UBER twice a day going to work. I got no car, sometimes exceptionally more than two times, but my usual is two. I start noticing that on my pending transaction of the bank I have instead of 2 charges, 4 charges... up to 6 charges on one day. So I decided NOT TO TRUST and check all my transactions and validated them with the receipts they send to the email when I then close the trip. I found more than 5 overcharges.

When after so many struggles to get to them for HELP ('cause is the worst customer service access in the world) finally they told me about the ON HOLD issue with this exactly words: "Authorization holds are not actual charges, it is just a "hold" that is placed on your account that you will see as "pending" or "processing" because it is not an actual charge to your account. Authorization holds are in place to secure payments when a ride is requested. It is placed on your account to ensure you have sufficient funds to cover your trip fare. I can also confirm that it will drop off or disappear from your bank statement after a few business days."

The bank withdraw the charge from my account as UBER charge me, then I found in two days trip, 4 charges or more. Absurd!!! UBER is not a HOTEL, you place a RIDE and you pay for it with your selected payment method that they should verify is valid since the moment you attached to your account. NOT on every trip. If you don't have balance you don't ride. That is it. DON'T OVERCHARGE ME. I don't want charges ON HOLD, less when I am a customer on daily basis for more than a year. You verify everything about me when I signed on. What in the world!!! This is so frustrating. The only this that is demonstrated in my case, is that I am a number in UBER, a number on 40 millions riders. But can you imagine how much money is ON HOLD CHARGES for 40 millions users for 24 hrs... is financially attractive numbers. Think about it. Very concern. Hope somebody track this on hold abuse.

Improvements for UBER: well, 1) the app MUST be more transparent in the transactions and charges to the riders. 2) Definitively any ON HOLD charges, the UBER driver is validated on sign on and only review it if it change the payment method 3) charges for cancellations must be review too, most drivers are so irresponsible and never show up 4) UBER technology is not for everyone, old people have problems to be drivers 5) Please customer service is awful, create a chat or phone number, a case number. We who rides... WE ARE LIVING PEOPLE, check your charges everyday. you also can be harmed as me.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I called Uber. I first selected rideshare. They never came and said they could not provide the service and to try again later. They billed 5.00 for not showing up. Screw them. I tried again Then the guy who showed up, didn't have the car they said. He was using his girlfriend's car. The method for asking for a refund is no use. It cost too much time to get the 5.00 back. I will not use UBER again.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

0n 2/16/18 @ about 4pm I request a ride from Uber (Dave) whom called me to confirm he was picking me up in 5 mins but he cancelled at the last minute. I then arranged another ride with Mark (the app said he would meet me in 29 mins) and waited for him in the freezing cold for more than 30 mins. He then called and said he required additional time to pick me up as he had a problem with his last fare. At this point I told him to never mind as I was going to call a taxi which I did... I wasn't going to risk waiting in the cold to this gang that can't shoot straight. I sent them an email to delete my account after this fiasco.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I booked a ride from Uber from a bar in Poblado, Medellín. The following day they indicated an additional charge of 140,000 COP (around $50 US) for damage to the car. They claim the damage was paint on the seat of car and a torn rear seat. I cannot figure out why they think a tourist would be carrying paint. We took a calm ride from Poblado to Laureles and the following day I get this charge. I have been fighting with Uber over this but they just keep saying, "Sorry we believe our driver." The driver did provide some images of the damage. However, I was not the one who did it.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Uber driver said we caused damage to his car. He charged us 170.00 for a 10 min ride. We did not cause damage to his car. The ride home consisted of my parents and 2 friends. We sat quietly on the way home and he accused of us damage that we have no idea what he is talking about. Very sad, because you can’t trust Uber.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I went to the help section in Uber app and the following: "I confirmed my trip price at $16.46 but I was charged $30. Why did my trip price change? I should be charged my confirmed price. Please refund me the difference... thanks." They wrote back: "I reviewed your trip, and can see that the price you were charged $30.03 matches the price you were shown before you confirmed the trip. If there’s a significant delay between entering your location and confirming your trip, your price may sometimes change. If that's the case, we'll always ask you to re-confirm the new price."

I replied: "No that is not the case. I would not have accepted the price at $30. We would have just driven. My initial price was $15.42, once I hit confirmed, it recomputed and said that price is no longer available and it gave us 16.46. But I was charged 30.03. I believe there is a glitch in your software, I would not have accepted a 30 buck ride from my location. I respectfully request a refund."

They replied: "I’ve reviewed your trip and can confirm you were charged the correct price." My final reply: "The Uber app did quote $16.46 and that is what I accepted. If it quoted me the wrong price, I should not have to pay for the mistake in pricing. This is very unfortunate. I did so enjoy this service. But this is unacceptable. I am telling you that your app quoted one price but charged me another price. And apparently the only proof was to take a screen shot before accepting. Who does that... FIX YOUR APP. I am very disappointed at your customer service. I will have to take my business elsewhere and tell a friend."

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I used to drive for Uber and I quit last year. I have been trying to get my tax reports for days now and have emailed and tried to call Uber. I have received one email that seemed to ignore the problem I was having, and the phone number won't let you speak to a human, it just hangs up on you. I have been unable to log in due to having a different number than when I worked for them, and when I try to log in, it wants me to enter a verification code sent via SMS. I explained this multiple times, but the one email I got back was a link to the Tax dashboard... which I can't access because I can't log in. Lyft updated my phone number easily, but Uber has yet to respond to my follow up emails, or even update my number. Getting extremely frustrated with this company and am very glad I stopped working for them. This is just one issue I've had with them among many.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I would like to start off with the that I only use Uber because I live in Las Vegas and it's easier to get home from work at night, now that being said, thinking I was doing the "smart" thing I decided to use Uber Gift cards as form of payment due to the fact Uber has been hacked several times. Well once again today my Uber driver kept my ride going long after I finished the trip and once again I was DOUBLE charged, and once again I'm left to just hope and pray to get a response from "Uber support". What a horrible company. Very dishonest as a whole! I would rather pay double for a taxi than be stolen from! I've received better customer service at 24 hour fast food restaurants!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I noticed that I did not get a refund for a wrong cancellation fee from Uber. It is annoying enough to wait for a driver who never shows up but even worse to be charged for it. I went back 2 months to see if any of my cancellations fees were posted and they we not! Tried to contact Uber, no number to call, except posting it through their website, which says that my refund has already been processed.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I started an account with Uber back in December preparing for a trip. I played with the app a bit to learn how to use it. When I tried to actually use it the first time after depositing a $50 gift card it did not work, ended up taking a taxi to airport. Eventually I discovered that the app no longer recognized my email address or telephone number. After numerous attempts to rectify the problem with Uber I have gotten nowhere, they only communicate thru email and seems that they don't understand your problem or just fail to communicate. I have no other recourse except to make complaints and warn others.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

My son book a Uber ride for me and my wife and for 10 blocks maybe 10 minutes ride we got charge $50.00 dollars. That is a rip off. We never going to use Uber again. Better to ride in a legal yellow cab.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I order trip. Driver no come. I waited long time. Driver cancelled my order. Charged me $5 for cancellation, without no come for pick up me. I must ordered second time. And other driver pick up me and was no problem with this trip. When I wanted to refund $5 to my debit card, I received message that trip was correct and them not refund money. The problem - no trip, charge money.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

I love Uber, but this a problem they need to fix. While on my way home, a very young impatient driver veered into another lane of freeway traffic to avoid a delay caused by an accident. I had a closed bottle of coke in my hand. It fizzed very little and some got on me. Not enough for me to panic about. We ended up having to take a very long route back to my house due to her impatience. Being a nice person I didn't say anything. When I got out I checked the back seat which was stained and filthy, to make sure I didn't leave anything behind. No coke spill, nothing. We exchanged pleasantry. Nothing, "oh you ruined my car!" Nothing. Charged $90 clean up fee... I will dispute this at my bank, at Uber. I don't think it is the company, but drivers who need to know that some people will make their lives miserable if they are very dishonest.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

This is my second day with Uber as a driver. Already have issues... went to cash out my earnings of $138 and received a message that I don't have access. Call and was told you have to wait 1 week to receive earnings. Asked to speak with a Supervisor and was informed there is no such individual available because they don't have one. After insisting on either a supervisor or a team lead the customer representative still insisted there was no such person. Then after standing my ground remarkably he has a supervisor.

This lady gets on the phone and tells me there is a deadline to when you as a new Uber driver/account has to submit all documentation to prevent your account being locked out and/or inactive. Well now that it's active I have to wait 72 hours and 22 rides before I can request instant pay. Well I have the text when Uber notified me and I informed her of the date and time... well guess what!!! She tells me to double check my facts!?!? What do you mean double check, because when I asked her to provide she didn't have the time only the date but I gave the text message and have to double check. Then she changed it from 2/1/18 72 hours wait to starting on 2/3/18 72 hours wait.

Well now we are back to about a week wait for my money which she initially told me the her employee was wrong. So when I brought this point up she changed her story and went back to 72 hours from 2/1/2018 at 12:43 pm. Then in the next breath tells me to expect a longer wait time. I thanked her for all the inconsistencies/ lies... also thank her for keeping my money hostage which was to be used to towards paying essential bills!!! So basically I am working for Uber because they got their 25% of all my earnings... and no need to worry about me. I heard the horror stories with UBER and I am here to tell you to run the other way... you may think your earning money but in reality they have all control over you!!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

UBER IS A HUGE SCAM, they quote you one price when you request the Uber and then they change the price after you request your ride, they basically double the original price that they quote to you first, this is a huge scam and if you don't check on time they can easily scam you by doubling the price that you never agreed to. I am not done with reporting Uber to every place I can because this is a rip off... I advise everyone to stick to regular taxi cab service.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

On Jan 28th 2018. Car service cost $4.60. For me today to church pickup was CXL by driver so he will get $5.00. I’m standing in the middle of the street and he drives off while I’m speaking to him on the phone. I was dressed for church. This is the second time this occurred. I’m cancelling this service. I want a refund. Placing a stop payment on this transaction. Car ** Honda Accord. I was on the phone with him and he still left... Why???

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I don't mind riding Uber. The only issue I have with Uber is some of their policy. It happen a lot to me that my Uber driver cancel because they lost and can't found where I'm located at the moment. And Uber charge me for the driver cancellation. That's not my fault if they lost. And I have to pay for that. When they refund you they give you a credit to use for your next trip. Uber is funny so they never lose and we already lose. I'm not happy about that and want Uber to start refund in our card. Thank God the trip was only 4$. Imagine a trip of 30$ that a driver decide to cancel because they unable to find you. UBER CHANGE THAT POLICY OR I WON'T USE YOU ANYMORE.

Uber expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2009, Uber launched its rideshare app service in 2010. Uber’s easy-to-use app lets consumers connect with drivers in over 500 cities worldwide.

• Uber car options: Uber’s Economy, Premium and Accessibility options allow consumers to choose the vehicle that best fits their needs, whether they want small cars for quick routes or luxury cars driven by professionals.

• Uber for Business: Businesses can enroll in Uber for Business, a ride management platform that allows small or large companies to monitor employees’ travel expenses.

• Uber deliveries: Uber also has delivery services. Businesses can use UberRush to deliver products to customers, and participating restaurants can use UberEats for their food delivery service.

• UberPOOL: UberPOOL allows consumers to share their ride with others to save money. Requesting UberPOOL matches consumers with others traveling in the same direction and splits the fares between them.

• Self-driving car research: In 2015 Uber announced their collaboration with Carnegie Melon to explore the potential for self-driving cars. As of 2016, Uber is performing its research and testing in Pittsburgh.

• Best for: Uber is best for consumers who need transportation over short distances in large cities.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Uber Company Information

www.uber.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use