2. Miscellaneous

3.9/5 (1801 ratings)

About Uber

Uber Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

Original review: May 10, 2021

I used Uber rides for a few years with no problems. Recently the Uber app starting rejecting every credit card, PayPal and debit card. Customer Service sent me automated replies which did not grasp the problem nor solve. They referred to the Payment option as Wallet. No resolution.

Original review: May 3, 2021

Your (Uber) company is the worst company to do business with. I come out of country first time ever was trying to use your service to get around during my trip to not only to have the worst treatment by not only the drivers but by your support team as well. I plainly do not know why the terms was violated as you stated you only reference to a dang website. That do not explain to a detail what I was being accused of doing as you say I violated terms. I did all the correct guidelines of what was asked. I worn my mask at all times, and I seen a email stating a driver whom NEVER PICKED ME UP REPORTED NOT WEARING A MASK. I tried to use again another time on same trip and booked a pick up and I had confirmed a driver who headed to pick me up cancelled on the same street I was supposed to be pick up on and they (Driver) rated I wasn't not wearing a mask. Mind you this driver didn't even see me or near my location pick up spot.

I then tried to contact support. Ha that's a laughing joke. As stated but others reports your system of support is very lacking in that department but I will a 100% make sure your service or company will never ever be used again. I will also be making note on a Better Business Bureau of the lack of communication and response I've received while I have been out of country. I also will not promote your type of services or business to any whom persons I know. This entire company is a joke and the lack of communication is ridiculous.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I have reached out to Uber with no success. They have committed fraud against me, I tried to contact them and they hung up on me. I have had been riding with uber for over a year. My prices have only gone up and they have charged me over $250 for “ubers” when I never bought any. DO NOT TRUST UBER! They will actually take your money and avoid you. I’m building a case and they are still avoiding me!!! UBER CONTACT ME BACK. COWARDS.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I have been a loyal Uber customer taking a total of 1,320 rides with Uber and placing 111 food orders with a rating of 4.95 out of 5 up until today. A driver by the name of Asmae falsely reported me for not wearing a mask and mind you she never showed up to my location. The trip was canceled and I was subjected to facial recognition to book another trip. I was also sent an email stating that I was reported for not wearing a mask and I would have to take a picture showing I have on a mask for future trips prompting me to delete my account. It is unfortunate that people like Asmae are dishonest and will lie for whatever unknown reason. And she needs to remember KARMA is real.

Original review: April 6, 2021

Ride share was great until 6 months ago. NOW? It's difficult to get one and the price is MORE than cab fare at any time. Uber and competitor are a joke. I am now buying my own vehicle because this business has made it hard for me to get to work or home at any time of day or night.

Original review: March 22, 2021

My Uber account was recently hacked. I received a notification of a delivery when I had not placed an order. I tried to open my account to see what was happening, but the app only took me to the login screen. I realized quickly that I had been kicked out of the account. I knew something sketchy was going on, so I tried to reset the password to my account via the webpage, but it required an SMS code sent to a number that clearly was not mine because I never received said code. I will note, also, that I had two factor identification in place prior to this hack, which means there’s an obvious loophole.

I then checked the credit card connected to the account and there were over 600 dollars in charges from transactions that I did not make. I tried to contact Uber only to find out that they have no phone number for customer service, so you can only message them through email. I made a new Uber account to be able to message them through the app. I said, right from the beginning, that the hack happened on an account associated with a different email address. I have said this over and over, providing said email address, but every single time they assume that I am reporting the brand new account that I made solely to message them on.

It has now been over 48 hours since I've filed a complaint with Uber about this hack, and Uber has done nothing. I have been asked by five - yes, five - different agents to send photos, proof of what happened, and to explain the situation. I have sent, five times now, the same detailed information. Every single time that I send it, someone new responds asking me what is going on. Every single time I send the same info, tell them the hack happened on an account with a different email address, and every single time without fail they ask me to repeat myself.

At this point, it would be easier and probably quicker to enroll in school, obtain a computer science degree, specialize in cybersecurity, learn the ropes of hacking, and enter Uber’s system to figure out what happened to my account by myself. A rigorous career change would at least be more productive than having to repeat the same thing over and over again only to have someone new ask me to repeat it again, as if I'm in an episode of the Twilight Zone.

There has been a security breach and fraud being facilitated through the Uber platform, and the response (or lack thereof) from Uber is truly ridiculous. Over 600 dollars in fraudulent charges, and Uber responds like I am merely confused about how to place an order, like we can afford to go back and forth about it until the glaciers melt. Despite numerous screenshots and explanations sent, I STILL have not received a shred of reassurance that my account has been frozen or even looked at.

My address, my phone number, and my payment information has been compromised. It's alarming, to say the least. I had my PayPal linked to my Uber account, too. I've had to change several passwords, including for the Gmail account that I used to access Uber, and I also now have to get a new credit card number and update a dozen pre-paid payments linked to my old number. It is an unbelievable hassle, and on top of that there's over 600 dollars in charges on my credit card that need to be dealt with by the credit card company.

A massive corporation like Uber needs to prioritize security, people's privacy, and fraud. The responses that I've gotten and the absolute unwillingness to investigate this situation is comical at best. The lack of customer service and communication options is fundamentally a problem with Uber as a company more than anything else. Do yourself a favour and boycott Uber. I hardly ever used the app to begin with, but now I'll definitely never use it again. Not worth it.

Original review: March 22, 2021

This "feature" is misleading. Uber confirms your ride and you get a pre-auth from your credit card. The natural assumption is to believe you have a driver locked in. Unfortunately that is not the case. I have had two experiences (both for rides to the airport) where the app responded "No Cars Available" the moment of my scheduled ride. Extremely problematic and stressful given I had a flight to catch.

App users have a reasonable assumption this feature is used to lock in a driver. However, it simply executes like a normal ride request. In fact, the only beneficial use of a "Scheduled" feature is when someone needs to ensure there is a driver available. Otherwise, there is not much benefit to it? Uber should be alerting customers that "Scheduled" does not guarantee a driver will show up.

Original review: March 3, 2021

I am an employee with Uber about 5 years, they a lot of technical issues in their app at Denver International airport, for the last couple of years, I kept calling but they never solved or reply.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2021

On January 23, 2021 at 4:55a.m requested an Uber from my residence to American Airlines ticket counter at terminal 4 at LAX, this ride is 11.84 miles or 20 minutes drive. The fee shown on the app was for $26.24, nothing was displayed about surge fee. They charged my account a total of $127.00 adding a surge fee of $91.84 and other misc fees. I contacted UBER about the issue and they offered to reimburse me $32.00, which gives a total charge of $95.00. That is still too much and I and not willing to pay such a hefty fee for a 20 minutes ride or 11.84 miles. I am requesting UBER to reinstate the original fee of $26.24 and reimburse me $100.76.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

They discriminate against minorities. They purposely dropped my Uber Pro status so I could not continue my education, yet they offer it to drivers. For what exactly? Then they reply to messages with repetitious responses with no answer or resolution. I do not have to be a so-called ** person to write this review either.

Uber Company Information