3.6/5 (707 ratings)

About Uber

Uber Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

Original review: May 7, 2022

Got cancelled 5 minutes before scheduled trip to airport & was told new driver was to come in 30 minutes which was too late. Immediately texted to cancel the revised driver & took a taxi. UBER charged a cancellation fee for their screw up.

Original review: April 29, 2022

While traveling in Tampa Florida my young son left his iPhone in the car. The driver was completely nonresponsive. Uber was no help. Even though we could see the phone on find my iPhone driving around Tampa obviously left in the vehicle, the only response we ever received from Uber was that the driver said he couldn’t find the phone and the driver never responded directly at all. We would give exact times and locations as to where the phone was to demonstrate that it was driving around in the Uber.

Nothing, no help, we offered to pay the driver to come to where we were staying so that we could look in the car ourselves. Nothing, no response from anybody and ultimately Uber just said we can’t do anything else and closed our help request. Sad and frustrating that they would not help in spite of all this lip service to the contrary. After four days of watching the phone drive around Tampa the battery died so we could not track it anymore. Obviously the lesson is don’t leave anything in your Uber, but this was an easy one to fix and no one involved with Uber put forth any effort.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I really liked Uber until now so this isn't easy. Let me start out by saying that I had an appointment with uber back on April 19, 2022 at 2:30am to drive me and my friend to the airport. I arranged for this service 5 days in advance 04/14. My whole appointment time appeared to be approved and ready on April 19. Now, come to find out when the actual day came on Tuesday, April 19 at 2:30am in the morning no one actually showed up. I woke up around 2am and both me and my friend George rushed out in front of Country Inn Suites where we were staying. When I first woke up, I checked my Uber app and accordingly, it stated that my service was good to go and a driver was on its way, when I finally got outside within 10 minutes, somehow someway it mentioned that no driver was available and me and my friend were very pissed.

Sadly, as a result I had to take my own car to the airport and pay for 8 days of parking from (04/19-04/26) which was almost $150.00 total. If Uber would have come through, it would have only cost me about $40 to 45.00 round trip with tip included. That is why we stayed at Country Inn Suites to store our car at no charge so we could USE UBER to get us to the airport and save us money. Unfortunately, didn't happen and I am very pissed and upset with Uber. I know 2:30am in the morning is usually an odd time to request a ride in the morning from Uber but at the same time, I was under the impression Uber had drivers out on all shifts. Anyhow, if no one was likely to be available somehow someway they should have informed me on the day I made my appointment or sometime before day of my appointment but no one did. I based my faith and decision all in the hands of Uber who has been very reliable and dependable to me up until now.

I tell you, since I used uber off and on I was spreading the good word about Uber saying how much more inexpensive it was than a TAXI CAB RIDE. I only have used Uber for work when my car was in the shop, occasional events in downtown Grand Rapids, or on past trips. I hate to mention this but I can no longer brag about Uber thanks to that incident that happened back on April 19 when Uber did a no show nor notification. They even sent me a $5 coupon promo for next ride saying how sorry they were for failing me. Now considering it cost me a difference of $100 + don't think $5 is much. I will also say this: Even though TAXI CAB rides are a bit more expensive at least they are reliable like Uber ONCE was. Unless Uber can somehow help compensate me for my inconvenience, they have likely lost my business. Sorry Uber!

Original review: April 26, 2022

I became an Uber driver in 2015 and it seemed like a good side gig but there was Grey area with the insurance policies so I bailed. I use a loyal user of uber for many years my rating as a driver and a rider was a 4.8. I recently tried to rejoin the driver platform. I submitted the required information and uber held up my application for weeks because my profile pic was under review. When I called to find out, I would spend hours on hold and being passed from on agent to another. Their email responses were canned and they sent the same reply over and over. Lyft approved my application, not only in the same day, but within an hour. I'm not sure that anyone is actually working for uber and they just have some outsourced system in India posing as a customer service. I'm done with uber as a rider and driver. #deleteuber #notsuperpumded

Original review: April 26, 2022

I have been a "priority" Uber One Platinum member for a while now. WHATEVER THAT MEANS. Every once in a while they throw me a bone in the ballpark of a couple dollars off an Uber Eats order here and there. I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on these platforms. I consider Uber and Eats the same btw because they essentially are with the same interface essentially and the merging of accounts. My two most recent experiences are what are prompting this review, because I am fuming! First off, Uber Eats. Last weekend I ordered my usual Eats order from my favorite pizza joint and the order never arrived at my door, although it said it was delivered. Now, any other MUCH SMALLER delivery platform including now Fedex and UPS) will require the driver to snap a photo to cover themselves, the client, and the restaurant/ business to ensure delivery accuracy. Uber, does not. Even for Priority members.

All that money and resources at their finger tips and someone who knows nothing about computers (me) knows that a feature like this built in could solve so much. When I reached out (to, of course, the only way to reach customer support, by clicking an I need help button, they simply refunded my order). Great, but no explanation or sorry, or other resolve to the situation. Subsequently, I ordered again, and this time, the app required my driver to recite a 4 digit pin that I had to come up with. This was Uber's "solution." Not a picture to ensure that it was a the right door or even neighborhood. Next up, is my morning "ride" with Uber. I needed a ride to my job this morning and so I requested a ride. I waited and the app said they arrived. I have no issues with my eyesight and the app gave me the color and make and license plate as usual, but I did not see it. So, I messaged the driver. Twice. They were "read," but no response. So I called.

The driver picked up on the very last ring with a "what?" So I explained the situation, and they informed me that I was in the car. I was on the sidewalk. I told him this and he proceeded to ask whoever was now impersonating me, to verify their name was Steven. Also, asking whoever it really was, if they were going to, and proceeded to state the address of my work. As I saw where this was going, as they were just following along to get the ride I was paying for, I interjected and asked the driver how he picked up what sounded like two people who did not look like me on my profile, and asked if he checked. To which he did not answer but chose to tell me "it doesn't matter now anyway" and hung up. So, my only option was to see the payment go through for a complete stranger and In my opinion thief's ride, get a new ride and hope not to be late, and try to contact support.

I did, and I explained the situation in the support message as best I could and they responded, apologizing, but needing more information please. Three hours later I have still not gotten a response and am now writing as much as I can down, because for me this a safety issue. This driver was supposed to be "5-star" and is not checking who the fare really is, or if they are even at the right pick up spot. To make my Uber experiences even worse, I have one more story that happened about a year ago with my boyfriend and I. We were waiting for a ride in the top of the pandemic, with mask mandates in full effect. The driver arrived and we were having a goodbye kiss, with masks on, but pulled down and briefly. The driver looked and sped off, immediately declining the drive because we were "not masked." I didn't fight the bad rating I received because of it, out of embarrassment. This time I am not letting it go.

Original review: April 20, 2022

Here's my experience, you decide for yourself. We were staying at a hotel in Nashville located a mere 5 miles from downtown. Rather than renting a car we thought we'd just utilize Uber for the three days we were in town. The first ride into town seemed to go smoothly enough and cost $14; reasonable enough. Caught in the rain late on a Friday evening we thought we'd better head back to the hotel so logged into the Uber app for transport... and to our amazement they wanted $41 (yes FORTY ONE $$) dollars for the same 5 mile drive.

I immediately turned to Lyft for our transportation needs and while they quoted the trip at $18, after waiting over 20 minutes in the rain, and multiple texts stating a car was on its way, they could ultimately supply no such vehicle. Returning to Uber we now were quoted a price of $58 (YES you read correctly; FIFTY EIGHT DOLLARS!!) With no choice other than catching pneumonia we were forced to agree to this outlandish extortion!

Thinking this was somehow just a one-off we repeated our journey the next evening. This time, $10 into town AND ANOTHER $58 FOR THE RETURN! You tell me... is this not the exact definition of CORPORATE GOUGING! I completely understand the principles of supply and demand as it relates to the economy but to apply it to your service in the manner Uber does is simply HIGHWAY ROBBERY! Five miles in one direction ... $10, yet the same five miles on the return, just because the demand is greater, a 600% increase! DESPICABLE! Next time... it's a car rental for me. At least I know how I'm getting screwed up front! Uber and Lyft, well, you know where you can go!

Original review: April 19, 2022

Avoid this company at all costs. I used to believe there was essentially no difference between Uber and Lyft, until last night. Read on... Yesterday at 11:10 pm I booked an Uber ride while on the LIRR train from Penn Station to Hempstead, expected to arrive at 11:30 pm. I received confirmation from Uber of my ride and I could even see the driver heading to my pickup location. Upon arrival, the app prompted me to rate the driver and give a tip, which didn't make sense since I had not taken the ride yet. It turns out, the driver decided to leave the location without actually waiting for me, but cashed the money for the trip.

I contacted Uber right away and shared my experience with them, emphasizing the fact that I had been left stranded at midnight in the middle of a powerful storm in a town that is not precisely safe, forcing me to walk for 35 min back to my car, which was parked at Hofstra University, where I work. Uber has already issued a refund for the ride, but has consistently ignored my question about compensation: It seems like, from their perspective, they are not accountable in the slightest. So, in sum, avoid Uber at all costs. I can only imagine how Uber could have made a very bad situation much, much worse if I were a woman being forced to walk by myself under those conditions. Clearly, this company lacks the ability to realize its customers are human beings.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I cannot explain how frustrating it is to have to order 2 hours before I have to be at my spot to be on time. I cannot tell you how many times I've been given a driver an hour away and then late to work. I swear if Uber makes me lose my job I'm gonna be pissed.

Original review: April 18, 2022

On April 17, 2022, my son and I were traveling back to Orange County from Columbia, MO. We had to return our rental car first and then ordered Uber. Upon accepting the trip and cost, I was notified that the driver was en route and will arrive in 15 mins. We tried to call the driver to let him know that we were at the Hertz rental so he can watch out for it. We tried calling him 3-4 times and it kept going to his voicemail which, by the way, was a very unprofessional voice greeting. Finally it showed that the driver was 1.9 miles out and arriving in 5 mins. It was raining so we figured the cause of the slow arrival. As we were watching out for the car, a Ford Fusion driven by John, it suddenly said 4.5 mins away and then the app went back to finding another driver.

Finally another driver, name was Laura driving a Toyota, was en route and showed 13 mins to arrival. In the next 5 or so minute the arrival name kept changing, at one point from 9 mins to 11 mins. I decided to cancel the trip and I had to agree to a cancellation fee. If I had cancelled for some petty reason or no reason at all, I think it is only fair that I pay a cancellation fee. But if it was due to an initially cancelled trip by the Uber driver and then uncertainty in the next Uber driver arriving, I am demanding that Uber refund me the cancellation fee.

Original review: April 16, 2022

They charge a large 14 dollar reservation fee without clearly saying there is a fee. The only place you see it is before you even start to book it you have to click a small fine print button that says terms. Why not just clearly explain it in the bullet points under what a reservation entails? That is very scammy. Obvious effort to deceive your customers. And no I’m not questioning having a few…although that is a ridiculous amount actually, but rather your efforts to hide cost in order to make more money. Unacceptable! If this is how you run your business, it is not a trustworthy business to work with.

Original review: April 15, 2022

I used Uber on 4/13/22 for return trip home. When I arrived safely at my destination I click on the tip 20% & gave a 5 star review. My credit card company sent me alert that tip had been charged twice. I went into app & click on Help which said to "tap on edit" change tip. Apparently once a tip has gone in there is NO editing of amount or deleting. Today I found out that tips cannot be changed after the trip has been completed. Granted the amount is not the end of the world but it's not a way to run a service company.

Original review: April 15, 2022

Lost my cell phone in the Uber vehicle..Realized it when I walked in the house..Tried numerous attempts to contact Uber..There is no real person that you can talk to. It is all help lines and to no avail. They are absolutely useless. Finally I was able to get a number and they put me in contact with the driver and he wouldn't answer or answer my messages to please deliver my cell phone back to me..Next morning I had to go to the bank and cancel all banking info and switch off my cell phone services..Could have been a very simple fix but I guess he thought it would be a cash grab..Very sick and disheartening. I would never recommend UBER to anyone..Taxi services much more reliable.

Original review: April 14, 2022

I could not update my credit on the app. My special night was ruined! Lost money for gala ticket. No customer service. I am a heart survivor, this was a special night. Reuined over a failing app and no help. I tried to get help no customer service number anymore, had to really search for an email. I have been a Uber rider for a couple of yrs. I am very disappointed in the lack of service. I am very hurt that my special night was ruined, because no help was available. I will take my business elsewhere!

Original review: April 13, 2022

Recently there’s been more and more Uber drivers on their phone while driving. Majority of them aren’t even hiding it, my recent driver was holding a phone and scrolling through it while driving at 90mph, way over the speed limit. This is also why I’ve been using Uber less and less now. I asked a few if they can pay attention to the road and all I got was a sigh or just silence.

Original review: April 10, 2022

Extremely bad experience. I have been Uber's loyal client for a while. I hate to say but I'll switch the app. Driver made me wait for more than one hour. I tries reach out to him multiple times call him multiple time no response. My pick location was **. Driver was at first 5 mine away then he went all the way to pickering again no response from him. No way to communicate with Uber either. First I took my food delivery business away from daily delivery. Now I'll take my passenger's business away. I hope Uber learn about this and improve. I'll have screenshots. I'll post it on social media too. I would like a call back but I know you guys don't care about customer so I know I am not gonna get it

Original review: April 2, 2022

Fortunately I do not use Uber more than Once every few years. The fees are ridiculous. I am all for the fuel surcharge with the cost of fuel. However booking fees of $7. Reservation fees $6. Waiting time charges 13 cents, airport surcharges $3, green future and green surge charge $1. How do you request a ride without booking (lol)? The pick up time was for 4p. They arrived at 404pm. I don’t get a discount for waiting on them. When I watched them sit in a lot for 15 min before picking me up. Drivers don't assist or even get out of the car. The only people making money is Uber.

Original review: April 2, 2022

My husband had to go to rehab and the facility he was going to send an Uber to pick him up. When he arrived at the facility, his wallet fell out of his back pocket and stayed in the backseat of the Uber. The facility contacted the driver to see if the driver would bring the wallet back to the facility or have me meet the driver somewhere to get the wallet, the driver agreed, but never showed up.

I contacted Uber customer service and they gave me no help at all saying that it wasn’t their problem anymore and despite my husband being in rehab, he would have to file the complaint himself, despite not having any way to contact them, or being the one who ordered the Uber (the facility did). Needless to say, all credit cards had to be cancelled and new driver license had to be obtained.

Original review: April 1, 2022

I used the Uber app for the very first time. When I booked the ride, apparently I clicked on a notice that I could save 5% on this ride. I thought this was since it was my first time that I used the service. Instead it ended up being for a recurring fee to be charged to my account. Uber does not let you know that your next month's fee is due, they just charge your card. They do not have a customer service that you can contact to ask about the charge. I had to try to find out on my own what the charge was for, and how to cancel it. And when I disputed the charge that's not possible since I "agreed" to that monthly subscription. Very deceitful way of doing business. I saved $2.00 for the ride, but ended up paying $9.99 for that discount. I will never use this service again.

Original review: March 30, 2022

Uber drivers are usually good but somehow Uber review isn't able to leave bad reviews when I meet someone who doesn't great or car stinks. I wish I could upload the proof of the photo what I'm saying.

Original review: March 27, 2022

This company after I have been delivering for the absolute horrible Door Dash had the audacity to turn me down because in all my life I have one misdemeanor in my life, clean driving record and this piece of ** company is going to judge me as I use my car with no concern at all if I wreck and kill someone or tear up my car while delivering. These delivery services are the worst. Their days are numbered. I am speaking with my attorney tomorrow, I am a ** guy. I guess I should have told them I was **. Do not deliver or order from this company, don't worry Uber. I have a marketing background. I'll make sure and get the point across to everyone I can.

Original review: March 25, 2022

So trip to airport booked & confirmed 2 days out. 5:15-5:25am pick up. At 5:20, Driver Louis, dropped our ride. Another driver picked it up, but 40 more minutes. Laughable. To boot Uber charged me the $1.00 to cancel. I'll stick to regular ride services. Bad tastes are hard to get rid of.

Dave

Original review: March 22, 2022

Uber is a woke liberal company that will cancel you at the drop of a hat. Shameful. I just spent $20k on a Mercedes Benz car to provide a very nice experience for my riders and in less than 2 months I was totally deactivated for what they claim were safety related complaints by guests. Which they refused to let me know the specifics of the alleged complaints. I drove for 5, years for these idiots with no issues and all of a sudden they claim I drive unsafe. They are a rotten company that I would not recommend to anyone work for them. Stabbing people in the back are what they are good at.

Original review: March 19, 2022

I forgot my cell phone in the car. When trying to retrieve it they ask for a phone number to give to the driver. I can't give them a number when they have my phone. No other options. NEVER USE UBER!!! NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: March 14, 2022

I set a reservation pickup time for the next day. Got the reservation confirmation email and I was all set. The time came so I went out and waited. It was a no show and they didn't even bother to let me know. Very frustrated and this is unprofessional. I ended up missing my flight. Will not say anything positive about Uber to anyone. Major let down. Don't ever rely on Uber to meet your needs.

Original review: March 12, 2022

I got an Uber from the grocery store. Got home. Guy from the driver seat opened his trunk. I grabbed three bags, turned around and put them in my hallway. Turned around to grab the rest. The guy had closed his trunk and was halfway down the street. It took me calling uber’s customer service line 5 times in an hr and a half to get my groceries back. It was a mistake. I understand. We all make them. But it was a hundred dollars worth of groceries. Then uber instead of fixing this issue like they used to like "Sorry you had a bad experience here's $5 off your next trip" CHARGED ME $15 for returning my groceries. I called them. They refused to refund me. I am taking it up with my bank and deleting the app. I will never take another uber again.

Original review: March 10, 2022

I was driving Uber since 7 years a lady file a false complaint about me that she had a service animal and I refuse to give her ride because of service animal. I know all the guidelines and everything. I didn't say anything like this. Although she didn't tell me she had service animal. She requested a regular uber not a Uber pet so when I went to pick her up I saw 2 dogs and I asked her, "You didn't request Uber pet" and she didn't say anything at that time. She just said never mind. So how would I know she had service animal? I am an old guy. I have to feed my family. I have kids and Uber customer service is sucks. They are rude, not listening to me. What should I do? They deactivated my account for rest of my life. I need my account back. Customers is not always right.

Original review: March 7, 2022

I was at work one day in Ohio and my phone began saying my Uber was arriving in CANADA!! It then quickly began saying the same thing 2 more times. I was able to successfully cancel one of the trips and then had to cancel my credit card. It was impossible to talk to anyone at uber, and all their customer service just told me (in a text) was "it's probably a friend of yours using your account". I have fought them for 5 years over this and they still refuse to refund the charges that resulted from their data breach. Thankfully my credit card refunded the charges and Uber is still waiting to get paid. Do they not realize I can just order a ride from Lyft? Worst company ever!

Original review: March 6, 2022

Jean ** picked up my Uber ride request at 8:05 am. Was never picked up. After 2 hours and a half he dropped my ride and almost lost my job. Very unprofessional. Now is 11:13 and still sitting in same spot as 8:05am.

Original review: March 3, 2022

I have used Uber in New York City for years, and my experience has mostly been bad. The technology is great, but the drivers, eh, about 75% of them are awful. Why?

+ They don't look up from their GPS. In some parts of New York, GPS is not reliable, because the streets are narrow and not on a grid always, and I have literally seen drivers go around the same block twice before they realized there was an error in their directions.

+ Some drivers pride themselves on going fast. One who claimed he knew a short cut took 30 minutes more than GPS estimated. A couple have run stop signs.

+ Some drivers get so high on being able to choose their passengers that they will even reject a ride after they've accepted it and see you or your cargo.

+ Though you can call or message your driver, they rarely respond, and if they do, they often don't speak English.

I recommend you pay a lot of attention to a driver's reviews when one agrees to pick you up. You can always cancel the trip before he or she arrives.

Original review: March 2, 2022

Me and my wife took a trip to New York in September and we used Uber a few times. After returning home we both deleted the app, however my wife forgot to delete my credit off her account before removing the app from her phone. Then I see a $10 charge every month on the 24th starting in November when neither of us are currently using it and in no way shape or form did we subscribe or sign up for anything. So I call them and get the WORST customer service in the world. I scheduled 2 callbacks that never happened and then the 3rd person I talked to hung up on me after he explained that customer support is primarily for drivers so he can't help me.

So I email them and explain that they have charged my card for the last 4 months WRONGFULLY and they tell me that it's essentially my fault and they refused to refund me. Uber's customer service is horrible and they literally charged my card for 4 months when neither me or my wife even had the app on our phones. Extremely unprofessional staff who literally can see they have charged me for NOTHING for four months in a row and then refuse to give me a refund. This experience has made me so upset that I have created accounts on this website as well as Yelp just so I can write about my experience.

Uber Company Information