3.3/5 (704 ratings)

About Uber

Uber Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

New driver. Have only 2 Seconds accept job. After accepting you will find out rider going out of town 90 miles while rider sitting in your car. Can't cancel job while guest refused to leave your car. Uber simply laughing at you. When I call to explain they told me, "Now you know."

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

Requested for Uber XL more than 12 hours of departure time but Uber X came which was very small. Then to cancel that and organise another transport which caused significant delay to reach airport and stressed and rushed to get the flight.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

Do not recommend Uber for early morning flight. Driver decided not to show for a 3:30 am pickup and did not let me know. I had to drive to the airport and it delayed my check in which was another Southwest mess. Uber charged ME a $29 cancellation fee and the airport parking and Denver Airport was $300 in expense I did not plan to have. Horrible experience and way to start the holiday vacation.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

I used Uber in Canada. They started charging me monthly for uberpass Canada. I did not sign up for it but didn't notice it on my credit card until 2 months later after they charged me for 3 months. They would only refund the last month. I don't even live in Canada and only use Uber once or twice a year. Beware as they hope you won't notice and they will make some extra money. They may have some button you have to press to get your ride that signs you up without knowing it.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

Uber charges us a commercial insurance fee for every trip! And the longer the trip the more they take out why? They don’t even know how many riders are on each trip. It should be one flat rate instead it feel like they chose what to take.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

I have used Uber before and never had an issue until now. I mainly use Uber for a ride to the airport which is 4 miles from my house. Last time Uber charged me $12.00. This time to go 4 miles to the airport was $43.55!! I understand inflation but this is ridiculous!! I've tried numerous times to get some sort of refund with no luck... terrible customer service!!! Will never use Uber again!!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2022

The rider called me before I picked him up, portraying himself as an Uber supervisor. He told me to pull over because my account has been suspended. I told him I was pulling over, but before I could he called me "A ** monkey bitch". And then he canceled the ride.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

I live in Denver CO. Uber is super unreliable here. Constant cancelation of your ride or waiting hours to get a ride. The price is extremely inflated. You feel bad not to give a driver a tip because you know they are not getting paid even half of what you pay the app so you are kinda guilt-tripped into adding more money for a tip. I recently scheduled a ride to the airport. Since I needed a 430am pick up, I made a 48 hour scheduled uber reservation. The first person who picked it up, canceled right away. Within an hour someone else picked it up. The morning of my departure, 15 minutes before the pickup my ride canceled. And no one else would pick it up because Denver has no drivers. I missed my flight and uber would only give me a 100 dollar credit which was not even worth them making me miss my flight. Once I was rebooked, I took the train to the airport instead.

When I returned from my trip, it was like 8pm and I didn't feel like waiting for the train so I decided to try uber again. I went to the uber pickup and scheduled a ride which I got right away. The cheapest one-way ride to my house was $94!!! I could not believe it. In the past, I have paid anywhere from $26-$50 but never on my life have I ever had to pay $94!!! The poor driver had to listen to my complain and he told me he was only paid $45 for the trip. I live 30 min. from the airport. Anyway, not sure what is wrong with this company but I feel like it needs to go out of business or have some kind of regulation to it. $94 dollars is more than half of a days wage for me. Not sure why this ride-share company thinks it is all that. This is my 2 cents!!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

The cost for a ride anywhere has gotten out of hand. A few years back I could get a ride to the airport for around $45. Now it's more like $70. Customer service is either non-existent or near impossible to get in touch with. It's like they designed the app to make it that way. Trying to get a ride home from the Atlanta Airport, one of the busiest in the world has me waiting around 45 mins typically, with rides getting canceled often. This company deserves to go out of business. I will be looking into traditional cabs.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

I preordered an Uber for this morning. I get a text saying the driver is nearby. My son is outside waiting. I get another text telling me my ride ended early?? How the driver never showed up. I was still charged. No response from Uber!!! No way to talk to a person. They keeping sending me back to the app!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

Shame on you for not having a EMERGENCY # to contact one of your drivers, I was thousands of miles from home & left my cell phone in the back of a ride. I tried your listed # & of course it is a short recording that you don't answer phones & hangs up on me. I was tried to try the Uber app - It's on my phone in the back of one of your drivers!! It was very stressful & I will think again about using a co that I have no one to contact. You think deleting my post will make me go away?

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

So aggravating. I have been with Uber since March 2022. I have good and bad weeks. However, I was tricked and I am very pissed. I was told that if I finished the promotion for 50 trips I would get $150. Which I never did. Had I known this minor bit of info I would not have kept the rental. I gave them screenshot after screenshot confirming my issue. All to no avail. I emailed corporate. This happened on Halloween and guess what I finally gave up on time and energy 2 weeks ago. I mean I legit called and emailed every day. I hate when companies take advantage of the movers and shakers that help this economy. Moral of the story go with Lyft or the up and coming new rideshare companies. DEFINITELY NOT UBER!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

I scheduled a ride to the airport a month ago. The driver was assigned a few days ago. Do you think that people going to the airport for a party or for a flight? Any person would say for a flight, right? We guess our driver wasn’t one who thought the same. He decided to cancel our trip 15 minutes before the scheduled time. So, at 4 am I saw a cancellation notice. We found a driver with Lyft but it was 30 minutes late. And we were late for our flight too. We had to reschedule our flight and pay additional $118. Instead of coming at 11am direct flight, we would come at 10.20pm with two stops.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

My family and I were SCAMMED by Uber in Columbia, SC on 12/3/2022. We requested an Uber to pick us up from a concert and take us back to the hotel. The driver did not pick us up. Instead he drove the intended route and completed the trip. We were still in the concert and did not know this happened until we exited and began looking for him. Uber refuses to refund me for this trip stating that it was completed. I have photo evidence!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

Uber does not care about it drivers. Will randomly deactivate your account and refuse to disperse your earnings as they have done to me today with no resolution, help, or investigation. Left me an hour and a half away from home with no gas or money. Do not ever drive for Uber. They could care less about drivers. I’ve been driving for them for 5 years and feel like an idiot for driving a mile for them. They could care less about you or your vehicle. Let them sit back to 50% or more of every fare, use your car, fuel, insurance, and time, and then screw you over and steal your hard earn money….

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

$60 to go 9 miles from the airport to home. That's $6.66 a mile. What a coincidence that it equals 666. I hope this price gouging company goes bankrupt. We are going back to cabs and will never use Uber again.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

Non existent customer service. Ignore customer emails. Rude and obnoxious passengers. Uber takes too high of a percentage of the ride charge especially considering gas prices, car maintenance and wear and tear from as well as needing additional rideshare insurance or else your insurance company will drop you. Uber provides zero services except for a blanket insurance coverage for drivers and with a very high 2k deductible. Go work anywhere else but this sham of a company.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

They keeping taking money out they should not be taking out. On Uber one I canceled the membership. Not getting any lower on trips but still taking out 9.99. Watch them. They take money out they shouldn't. If I didn't need them I would not use them again.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

I made a reservation in advance to have a driver pick me up at the Tampa airport at 11:37 pm. My flight arrived early and I had my luggage before that time. Apparently the driver cancelled my reservation and it is impossible to contact Uber despite what they say about using their worthless app. I was able to get a Lyft driver within 5 minutes for half the price that I would have paid Uber. I’ll be a Lyft customer from now on and so should you.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

We had an Uber ride to airport reserved a couple days in advance and received a confirmation email. On day of service, 4 minutes prior to pick-up time we received a ride cancellation notice! We had to scramble to get a ride from neighbor, contrary to the Uber app claim “A trusted ride” is false.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

I have a Tesla and have had 2 over past 8 years. They have been using tesla Uber credits voucher rather than a loaner car, when you need service for about 3 years now. I’ve used them 4 times in the 3 years. You get usually $100/day or a combined amount for several days ($400 for anticipated 4 days) in service. I’ve used Uber black, Uber lux on these occasions no problem. The voucher itself indicates only restrictions are Uber eats and you are responsible for the tip.

This past time I was charged my personal payment in lieu of the voucher and Uber stated it’s because I used Uber black which the voucher “clearly” indicates that as restriction in the voucher. I sent proof and uploaded it multiple times as well as proof of using Uber black and Lux previously with tesla voucher Uber credit. They continue to parrot same thing now 6x, while simultaneously refusing to acknowledge the verbiage on the actual voucher or my previous proof. I’ve asked to speak to a supervisor and someone on the phone. They have ignored my requests completely and stopped responding altogether and just keep sending me requests to rate their service.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

I went to a company event last night and took an Uber there and back-$39.85 and $37.94-I was alerted as I got home that there were 19 charges for over 30.00 each by Uber. I canceled my card and reversed all charges. However those charges of almost $600.00 are now on hold for payment-Uber Customer Service response-it will be reversed in 3-5 days. WTH? It should never have been charged in the first place! Oh, and it's my bank that is causing the 3-5 delay. What if I had been over drafted? Uber would need to be paying those fees! Instead I will need to wait until next week for my account to be credited-DO NOT RECOMMEND!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2022

Uber's take rate is out of this world. If you were to decline 1 trip, it takes 60 trips to get that 1% of money back. As me, the operator, the maintainer, the insurer (they have insurance too), with no cost to them other than "app development" is quite embarrassing. There are "surges", and "bonuses", but these wouldn't be needed if Uber just kept 10% of YOUR profit, compared to the 50% they usually take. Uber shows true capitalism. So I'm looking for app developers to make our own and put Uber and Lyft out of business. It's outrageous, their company will say their take rate is 25%, but more times than not, it's +40%.

I've also tried reaching out to them via professional e-mail to no avail. I cannot find a customer support e-mail on their website. So I went to unprofessional Facebook, asking for their professional e-mail to conduct official business. Their reply, "Please give us your phone number and the trip number so we can correct this". Either no one works in HR or bots generate messages. Uber is just greedy, while they pocket everything now. "App Development", when the app is already developed. The only thing they're doing is, "updating" their app and still charging their drivers ridiculous take rates. And if you guessed it, no I will not accept a trip for $1.84 for Uber Eats to drive 5 miles (heart of Pittsburgh)...

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

As a new driver I was sent an email from Uber to change my password and when I tried I was locked out. Now that I need assistance I have absolutely no way to contact them and losing any chance to continue to work as a driver now that I lost access to the app. To have no customer service access without the application is a complete miss on the development team from Uber. As I will need to look into another company to do ride share for.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

I lost an item in the car while taking my child to the ER. Customer service was not willing to contact the driver to help me retrieve my lost item. They said the driver was to busy to work out a way for me to retrieve my lost item. This is unprofessional.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

I was given an amount of $19.98 at the airport to transport me 8.8 miles. The Uber driver that picked me up did not speak the English language or it was broken up. He was very unclean and when I got in the doors automatically lock. He pulled into a destination that I was not familiar with as I am a new Floridian, and was insisting that I get out on the street, because that’s what the address stated! I refused because It wasn’t the address that a nice couple had help me put in to the Uber information. He finagled around with the GPS system and became quite angry that I would not get out of the vehicle. The security system ADT called, because it was taking so long to make sure that everything was OK!

By that time we were moving to the correct address, because he would not listen to me and I was just a Half a mile away from my home and he took me on another long route. Needless to say at the end of my journey I was charged $60 plus I had tipped him three dollars on the $19.98. This is totally misleading to give an amount and then change it at the last minute. This needs to be looked into. As I arrive to the destination and his broken English he was trying to tell me that that amount wasn’t right and began to show me what he made for the day and became very nervous. I don’t know who changed the amount him or the Uber company, but it was most definitely changed! He was also so nervous that he was pulling away with my carry-on bag in his trunk.

I tried to contact Uber. Like another reviewer stated it’s impossible to get a hold of the company. There is no phone number out there, they want to communicate and say they don’t have your email address yet they’re sending you emails to your address! Trying to offer you specials on either Uber Eats or Or trying to say that it was your fault for the two destinations that were in the system! They compromised and gave me $15 back in my account but the rude driver still got his three dollar tip because I made the mistake of tipping him before I arrived at my destination!! Run from this company! You will end up paying triple. And you will feel very frightened!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

So many bad issues with Uber, it's hard to figure out where to start. For me, their customer service has been the biggest problem by far. The only way they allow questions about charges is through the "HELP" option in the app. The responses are automated, frequently don't address the problem and there's no way to reach someone to provide details. LIVE CHAT ON THEIR APP WOULD BE A BIG IMPROVEMENT. The categories they provide as options for a complaint are completely insufficient and useless most of the time.

Recently, the new Reservation fee has been an issue. Some of my trips are more than 30 minutes travel so I'm charged a $10 reservation fee & if I plan ahead and schedule a ride well in advance, I'm assessed the same $10 reservation fee. Ridiculous! If anything, the last minute trips should be considered for an additional fee rather than ones scheduled well in advance. Any trip requested 30 or more minutes in advance are assessed this fee. It can easily take 30-40 minutes for Uber to confirm a driver for a trip.

Riders are forced to wait for a driver to be found or risk a cancellation fee (if they find another means of transport in the interim), while they search for a driver. If they only want last minute riders, they should advertise themselves that way. The rates/surcharges have already increased a considerable amount & penalizing riders for Uber's inability to staff accordingly is ridiculous. I understand the unpredictability of this service but it's the business they chose.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

I had booked and received confirmations from Uber and the driver for pick at the train station. My ride was cancelled to the benefit of another person without explanation. I was charged for the ride. I guess the other person had not booked an UberX like me. I had to walk in the dark countrysides.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

I have taken Uber many times in the past without any issues. My last experience made me wonder why I was a dedicated Uber rider. I was at an airport, as I waited to get off the plane I checked for Uber prices - the standard fee of $50 came up. I get off the plane and now it's $60, there was a slight issue with booking and had to restart and by the time I book it was $66. I stand at the curb like an idiot for 10 minutes in 40 deg weather waiting...and waiting...and waiting with the car shown to be 1 min away. Then poof the driver cancels

So I rebook and now it's $70, driver comes, and the rest is history...except the next day I get an email saying there is a $6 charge for cancelling my ride (the one the driver cancels) and now I have to go in and fight that and I am refunded my money. No apology and maybe I should get $6 for their driver cancelling (fair is fair right?). Now every time I need an Uber, I check Lyft prices at the same time thru an app that gives me competing prices from various companies. Sometimes Uber is cheaper, sometimes Lyft is, but Uber no longer gets my dedicated business.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

The Uber driver that I had was named Mohammed. His car was filthy. We were squished into the back. There were crumbs all over the seats, water bottles on the floor. Come to find out he reported that did that we dirty his car and I was charged a $150. That was a lie by the driver. The only good part about this was that Uber did refund me the $150. It doesn't change the fact that an Uber driver can claim anything they want. I recommend taking a picture of the car on the inside and outside before the driver starts driving.

Uber Company Information