3.7/5 (711 ratings)

About Uber

Uber Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

The service is totally useless. No matter what I tried, credit card, debit card, and Paypal, I kept getting an error saying they don't accept all forms of payment even though all those are listed. The credit cards all had available funds. There is no way to contact them directly without going through their app and sending emails. This is useless when you need a real-time response. The phone number that I was able to find was an automated message that tells you to use the app and hangs up. These ** need to go out of business.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Uber will steal your money I had canceled a ride on my Uber account shows canceled but was charged and on 7/29 had a driver texting the entire ride going 80mph almost rear ended a car then almost side swiped another because of the texting. Again in Uber account shows I was not charged anything but posted and cleared. Uber says they processed a refund my bank is saying no they have not. Now Uber will not respond back to me. Uber is also good for canceling rides just as they are about to pull up. Yesterday both my cards were charged for one ride.. Uber nothing but a thieves.

Original review: July 22, 2022

Needed a ride to airport. Prescheduled 2 days before. They never showed up. Missed my ride to Germany. I would never rely on Uber for anything important. If it's a Sat note date ok. Otherwise...beware. No tel support either

Original review: July 18, 2022

There was a fraudulent charge on 7/1/22 for $74.61 - I never left the house that week as I was sick in bed for days... and I never go more than 2 1/2 miles from home! I cannot get any information on the details of this trip (pick up address, destination, etc) so when I tried to reach Uber, there is no way to reach by phone - the 800 number that shows on the card charge entry just directs you to the website which has a "help" tab that doesn't really help!!!! I am moving to Lyft and will never use Uber again! Oh, and I had to cancel my card and wait days for a new one - very inconvenienced!!!

Original review: July 18, 2022

After Uber stole money out of my bank account, I tried contacting customer service but there is not any phone number, the app tells you to go to the website. When you click on their help button the website is down and doesn't work, which is clearly a red flag for a scam. I now have to file a united nations police report for them stealing money from me. Uber is a scam. Do not use this company.

Original review: July 17, 2022

A few days ago I was in Paris and reserved a van to pick us up at 7:00 am. That morning, a car arrived and I pointed out that we had reserved a van and not a car. The driver assured me he could fit the luggage into his car. When he could not do so he told us we would have to order another vehicle. We got a van and went to the airport, however Uber charged me 80.00 claiming that since the driver cancelled, we still had to pay. I protested the charge, however, Uber refused to reverse it claiming it was my fault that the driver had to cancel. This makes no sense but it is indicative of how Uber views their customers and we have no recourse.

Original review: July 8, 2022

I requested a ride with Uber from the San Francisco International Airport. They didn't come in the estimated time the app showed, so I canceled the trip. I was billed anyway! Details below. I contacted Uber on May 12th from the San Francisco International Airport. The app would show rider 2 minutes away, then would change to 4 minutes away. After 3 changes to the estimated pickup time, I decided I could do better to get a taxi sitting at the curb. I canceled the Uber request and rode the taxi. The taxi ride was $13 more than Uber would have been, but they were there.

The next day my wife asked me what all the charges were about. I logged into the Uber App and my credit card app. Both apps showed that I had been charged 3 times. Two separate charges for what the estimated cost of the ride would have been ($45 approx.) and a smaller charge of $18.02. The larger charges dropped off both apps. The $18.02 charge changed from pending to posted on my credit card and Uber App, but after about a while all 3 charges dropped out of the Uber App. Since then I have complained to Uber 3 times and they basically ignore me as if the charge is normal for a cancellation. If the Uber driver had showed up and I canceled, I would deserve the charge, but they didn't show.

The worst of it is that there is no live person to talk to on the phone. The only contact I have had with them is by text message on their website. This is unsatisfactory! NOTE- I had been using Uber on trips for several years without incident, so past performance was excellent. I may continue to use them in the future, but this incident in May was a black eye for them and has made me think about my options.

Original review: June 30, 2022

DO NOT USE UBER RESERVATIONS. I reserved an Uber pickup several days in advance of an event. This reserved ride was confirmed several times via emails, including the Driver’s name. Near the scheduled pickup time, driver was said to be on his way, although much later than promised. About 30 minutes later the driver simply cancelled!! This left me stranded in the dark with no transportation at 11:00 pm. This is not what Uber’s policy states. I sent a note to Uber the next day describing this terrible situation, and received no response. I’ve been using Uber for years and this is the second time within 12 months that this has happened. This is horrendous and unsafe service.

Original review: June 19, 2022

Today (19-06-2022) I was booking for a ride between 12:15 to 12:45 pm with the service provider. The company cancelled the booking for 6 times. Each time it was saying that the driver will arrived in 4 minutes.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I scheduled an Uber for an early morning flight to YVR airport. I received a confirmation about the driver and that I would be picked up at scheduled time. 15 minutes before I was due to be picked up I received a notification that my trip was concluded and did I want to tip the driver? I went back into the app to look my bookings and found none. I then ordered a new Uber and was told there were no cars available. I tried for about 10 minutes then phoned a cab which showed up within 5 minutes. It was $5 more expensive but that is a premium I am more than willing to pay. I will not try Uber again.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I booked a ride in advance for an early morning flight and it never showed up. Assuming there were no drivers available but they should have notified me so that I could make my own arrangements. Luckily there was a car available for me to drive myself to the bus station so that I was able to make my flight back home. It is very disconcerting to not have a ride that you arranged show up at 2:40 in the morning. It is not like I could just call up anyone at that time of the morning to give me a ride nor did I have time to wait for someone to come give me a ride.

Original review: May 30, 2022

Off lately since past few months the experience over Uber has been terrible! The drivers are rude, they call to confirm the drop location and cancel the ride, they drop istant text stating they are at the pick up location on confirming they are still on the way, in instances of technical error where online payment is not possible (paid in cash at the end of ride) the app still shows payment pending. Even after explaining to the customer care they will not wave off the fare.

Original review: May 30, 2022

My last two experiences with Uber have been abysmal.

1) Our Uber was scheduled to pick us up for an early morning flight out of EWR around 6:00. At the scheduled time, it was over 30 minutes away. When we decided to skip the Uber due to the prolonged wait, we were charged an additional fine for cancelling, despite the fact that the Uber completely abandoned us.

2) Waiting at EWR at 10:15 P.M., after 14 long hours of travel, ready to get home. Then, our Uber cancels last minute, after we waited for nearly half an hour. It then cost us even more money to book another driving accommodation. The service was unreliable.

Overall, Uber was an atrocious experience.

Rubric -
Driver Friendliness - 28/35 (-7)
Reliability: 10/35 (-25)
Delivery: 8/10 (-2)

Comfort: 15/20 (-5)

Overall: 61/100.

Original review: May 26, 2022

I have booked ride from Aundh to Borivali East and driver started saying from Lonavala that there problem in my steering and he has dropped at Vashi. Uber support team asked us to pay full and told us that, "You will get the refund." I paid 2142 (1872+270), after 2 days support team of Uber has given only 123 rs as refund to Uber credits instead of my account and when I tried to ask support team to review and give back proper refund. They told me that they won't be able to provide refund. So seems Uber rides are fraudulent company rides, I would suggest not to take those rides.

Original review: May 24, 2022

I believe there’s been a data breach at Uber because only the two credit cards I have on file on my Uber app had unauthorized charges. One credit card had three Uber charges on the same day totaling $115.16 trip ** but these charges do not show on my trip history. I haven’t taken an Uber since 2019 and last Uber eats order shows 1/31/22 and the unauthorized charges were on 5/20/22 and 5/22/22. The other card had an attempted unauthorized charge of $599 to the Army and Air Force exchange to purchase authorized military equipment possibly guns. Thankfully my card company notified me and I let them know this was not an authorized charge.

Uber’s customer service sucks, you can not talk to a person, I’ve tried over and over. I’ve sent written info/complaint no help from Uber. This sounds like a dangerous situation and Uber doesn’t care that they may have been breached. I have filed reports with the CA DOJ, the Internet Crime Complaint Center, police as well as my bank and credit companies.

Original review: May 20, 2022

1) I booked a ride from my place to the airport. I received a confirmation along with the rate. 5 minutes later, I got a text saying "they switched a driver" AND the rate increased almost $8.00 more. That was wrong for them to do that. 2) I even booked a ride from the airport to my place. The driver took the tollway, which I don't know why and I NEVER asked him to do that. So after he dropped me off, I looked at the bill. The driver charged me $14.00 for taken a tollway. I emailed Uber but they didn't bother to respond my complaint.

Original review: May 16, 2022

Alamo ordered Uber for us after we got stranded. The driver called, gave us his info then canceled the trip and left us stranded. Negative stars to Jean is arriving now in a black Cadillac ATS, in Naples Florida.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Got cancelled 5 minutes before scheduled trip to airport & was told new driver was to come in 30 minutes which was too late. Immediately texted to cancel the revised driver & took a taxi. UBER charged a cancellation fee for their screw up.

Original review: April 29, 2022

While traveling in Tampa Florida my young son left his iPhone in the car. The driver was completely nonresponsive. Uber was no help. Even though we could see the phone on find my iPhone driving around Tampa obviously left in the vehicle, the only response we ever received from Uber was that the driver said he couldn’t find the phone and the driver never responded directly at all. We would give exact times and locations as to where the phone was to demonstrate that it was driving around in the Uber.

Nothing, no help, we offered to pay the driver to come to where we were staying so that we could look in the car ourselves. Nothing, no response from anybody and ultimately Uber just said we can’t do anything else and closed our help request. Sad and frustrating that they would not help in spite of all this lip service to the contrary. After four days of watching the phone drive around Tampa the battery died so we could not track it anymore. Obviously the lesson is don’t leave anything in your Uber, but this was an easy one to fix and no one involved with Uber put forth any effort.

Original review: April 27, 2022

I really liked Uber until now so this isn't easy. Let me start out by saying that I had an appointment with uber back on April 19, 2022 at 2:30am to drive me and my friend to the airport. I arranged for this service 5 days in advance 04/14. My whole appointment time appeared to be approved and ready on April 19. Now, come to find out when the actual day came on Tuesday, April 19 at 2:30am in the morning no one actually showed up. I woke up around 2am and both me and my friend George rushed out in front of Country Inn Suites where we were staying. When I first woke up, I checked my Uber app and accordingly, it stated that my service was good to go and a driver was on its way, when I finally got outside within 10 minutes, somehow someway it mentioned that no driver was available and me and my friend were very pissed.

Sadly, as a result I had to take my own car to the airport and pay for 8 days of parking from (04/19-04/26) which was almost $150.00 total. If Uber would have come through, it would have only cost me about $40 to 45.00 round trip with tip included. That is why we stayed at Country Inn Suites to store our car at no charge so we could USE UBER to get us to the airport and save us money. Unfortunately, didn't happen and I am very pissed and upset with Uber. I know 2:30am in the morning is usually an odd time to request a ride in the morning from Uber but at the same time, I was under the impression Uber had drivers out on all shifts. Anyhow, if no one was likely to be available somehow someway they should have informed me on the day I made my appointment or sometime before day of my appointment but no one did. I based my faith and decision all in the hands of Uber who has been very reliable and dependable to me up until now.

I tell you, since I used uber off and on I was spreading the good word about Uber saying how much more inexpensive it was than a TAXI CAB RIDE. I only have used Uber for work when my car was in the shop, occasional events in downtown Grand Rapids, or on past trips. I hate to mention this but I can no longer brag about Uber thanks to that incident that happened back on April 19 when Uber did a no show nor notification. They even sent me a $5 coupon promo for next ride saying how sorry they were for failing me. Now considering it cost me a difference of $100 + don't think $5 is much. I will also say this: Even though TAXI CAB rides are a bit more expensive at least they are reliable like Uber ONCE was. Unless Uber can somehow help compensate me for my inconvenience, they have likely lost my business. Sorry Uber!

Original review: April 26, 2022

I became an Uber driver in 2015 and it seemed like a good side gig but there was Grey area with the insurance policies so I bailed. I use a loyal user of uber for many years my rating as a driver and a rider was a 4.8. I recently tried to rejoin the driver platform. I submitted the required information and uber held up my application for weeks because my profile pic was under review. When I called to find out, I would spend hours on hold and being passed from on agent to another. Their email responses were canned and they sent the same reply over and over. Lyft approved my application, not only in the same day, but within an hour. I'm not sure that anyone is actually working for uber and they just have some outsourced system in India posing as a customer service. I'm done with uber as a rider and driver. #deleteuber #notsuperpumded

Original review: April 26, 2022

I have been a "priority" Uber One Platinum member for a while now. WHATEVER THAT MEANS. Every once in a while they throw me a bone in the ballpark of a couple dollars off an Uber Eats order here and there. I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on these platforms. I consider Uber and Eats the same btw because they essentially are with the same interface essentially and the merging of accounts. My two most recent experiences are what are prompting this review, because I am fuming! First off, Uber Eats. Last weekend I ordered my usual Eats order from my favorite pizza joint and the order never arrived at my door, although it said it was delivered. Now, any other MUCH SMALLER delivery platform including now Fedex and UPS) will require the driver to snap a photo to cover themselves, the client, and the restaurant/ business to ensure delivery accuracy. Uber, does not. Even for Priority members.

All that money and resources at their finger tips and someone who knows nothing about computers (me) knows that a feature like this built in could solve so much. When I reached out (to, of course, the only way to reach customer support, by clicking an I need help button, they simply refunded my order). Great, but no explanation or sorry, or other resolve to the situation. Subsequently, I ordered again, and this time, the app required my driver to recite a 4 digit pin that I had to come up with. This was Uber's "solution." Not a picture to ensure that it was a the right door or even neighborhood. Next up, is my morning "ride" with Uber. I needed a ride to my job this morning and so I requested a ride. I waited and the app said they arrived. I have no issues with my eyesight and the app gave me the color and make and license plate as usual, but I did not see it. So, I messaged the driver. Twice. They were "read," but no response. So I called.

The driver picked up on the very last ring with a "what?" So I explained the situation, and they informed me that I was in the car. I was on the sidewalk. I told him this and he proceeded to ask whoever was now impersonating me, to verify their name was Steven. Also, asking whoever it really was, if they were going to, and proceeded to state the address of my work. As I saw where this was going, as they were just following along to get the ride I was paying for, I interjected and asked the driver how he picked up what sounded like two people who did not look like me on my profile, and asked if he checked. To which he did not answer but chose to tell me "it doesn't matter now anyway" and hung up. So, my only option was to see the payment go through for a complete stranger and In my opinion thief's ride, get a new ride and hope not to be late, and try to contact support.

I did, and I explained the situation in the support message as best I could and they responded, apologizing, but needing more information please. Three hours later I have still not gotten a response and am now writing as much as I can down, because for me this a safety issue. This driver was supposed to be "5-star" and is not checking who the fare really is, or if they are even at the right pick up spot. To make my Uber experiences even worse, I have one more story that happened about a year ago with my boyfriend and I. We were waiting for a ride in the top of the pandemic, with mask mandates in full effect. The driver arrived and we were having a goodbye kiss, with masks on, but pulled down and briefly. The driver looked and sped off, immediately declining the drive because we were "not masked." I didn't fight the bad rating I received because of it, out of embarrassment. This time I am not letting it go.

Original review: April 20, 2022

Here's my experience, you decide for yourself. We were staying at a hotel in Nashville located a mere 5 miles from downtown. Rather than renting a car we thought we'd just utilize Uber for the three days we were in town. The first ride into town seemed to go smoothly enough and cost $14; reasonable enough. Caught in the rain late on a Friday evening we thought we'd better head back to the hotel so logged into the Uber app for transport... and to our amazement they wanted $41 (yes FORTY ONE $$) dollars for the same 5 mile drive.

I immediately turned to Lyft for our transportation needs and while they quoted the trip at $18, after waiting over 20 minutes in the rain, and multiple texts stating a car was on its way, they could ultimately supply no such vehicle. Returning to Uber we now were quoted a price of $58 (YES you read correctly; FIFTY EIGHT DOLLARS!!) With no choice other than catching pneumonia we were forced to agree to this outlandish extortion!

Thinking this was somehow just a one-off we repeated our journey the next evening. This time, $10 into town AND ANOTHER $58 FOR THE RETURN! You tell me... is this not the exact definition of CORPORATE GOUGING! I completely understand the principles of supply and demand as it relates to the economy but to apply it to your service in the manner Uber does is simply HIGHWAY ROBBERY! Five miles in one direction ... $10, yet the same five miles on the return, just because the demand is greater, a 600% increase! DESPICABLE! Next time... it's a car rental for me. At least I know how I'm getting screwed up front! Uber and Lyft, well, you know where you can go!

Original review: April 19, 2022

Avoid this company at all costs. I used to believe there was essentially no difference between Uber and Lyft, until last night. Read on... Yesterday at 11:10 pm I booked an Uber ride while on the LIRR train from Penn Station to Hempstead, expected to arrive at 11:30 pm. I received confirmation from Uber of my ride and I could even see the driver heading to my pickup location. Upon arrival, the app prompted me to rate the driver and give a tip, which didn't make sense since I had not taken the ride yet. It turns out, the driver decided to leave the location without actually waiting for me, but cashed the money for the trip.

I contacted Uber right away and shared my experience with them, emphasizing the fact that I had been left stranded at midnight in the middle of a powerful storm in a town that is not precisely safe, forcing me to walk for 35 min back to my car, which was parked at Hofstra University, where I work. Uber has already issued a refund for the ride, but has consistently ignored my question about compensation: It seems like, from their perspective, they are not accountable in the slightest. So, in sum, avoid Uber at all costs. I can only imagine how Uber could have made a very bad situation much, much worse if I were a woman being forced to walk by myself under those conditions. Clearly, this company lacks the ability to realize its customers are human beings.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I cannot explain how frustrating it is to have to order 2 hours before I have to be at my spot to be on time. I cannot tell you how many times I've been given a driver an hour away and then late to work. I swear if Uber makes me lose my job I'm gonna be pissed.

Original review: April 18, 2022

On April 17, 2022, my son and I were traveling back to Orange County from Columbia, MO. We had to return our rental car first and then ordered Uber. Upon accepting the trip and cost, I was notified that the driver was en route and will arrive in 15 mins. We tried to call the driver to let him know that we were at the Hertz rental so he can watch out for it. We tried calling him 3-4 times and it kept going to his voicemail which, by the way, was a very unprofessional voice greeting. Finally it showed that the driver was 1.9 miles out and arriving in 5 mins. It was raining so we figured the cause of the slow arrival. As we were watching out for the car, a Ford Fusion driven by John, it suddenly said 4.5 mins away and then the app went back to finding another driver.

Finally another driver, name was Laura driving a Toyota, was en route and showed 13 mins to arrival. In the next 5 or so minute the arrival name kept changing, at one point from 9 mins to 11 mins. I decided to cancel the trip and I had to agree to a cancellation fee. If I had cancelled for some petty reason or no reason at all, I think it is only fair that I pay a cancellation fee. But if it was due to an initially cancelled trip by the Uber driver and then uncertainty in the next Uber driver arriving, I am demanding that Uber refund me the cancellation fee.

Original review: April 16, 2022

They charge a large 14 dollar reservation fee without clearly saying there is a fee. The only place you see it is before you even start to book it you have to click a small fine print button that says terms. Why not just clearly explain it in the bullet points under what a reservation entails? That is very scammy. Obvious effort to deceive your customers. And no I’m not questioning having a few…although that is a ridiculous amount actually, but rather your efforts to hide cost in order to make more money. Unacceptable! If this is how you run your business, it is not a trustworthy business to work with.

Original review: April 15, 2022

I used Uber on 4/13/22 for return trip home. When I arrived safely at my destination I click on the tip 20% & gave a 5 star review. My credit card company sent me alert that tip had been charged twice. I went into app & click on Help which said to "tap on edit" change tip. Apparently once a tip has gone in there is NO editing of amount or deleting. Today I found out that tips cannot be changed after the trip has been completed. Granted the amount is not the end of the world but it's not a way to run a service company.

Original review: April 15, 2022

Lost my cell phone in the Uber vehicle..Realized it when I walked in the house..Tried numerous attempts to contact Uber..There is no real person that you can talk to. It is all help lines and to no avail. They are absolutely useless. Finally I was able to get a number and they put me in contact with the driver and he wouldn't answer or answer my messages to please deliver my cell phone back to me..Next morning I had to go to the bank and cancel all banking info and switch off my cell phone services..Could have been a very simple fix but I guess he thought it would be a cash grab..Very sick and disheartening. I would never recommend UBER to anyone..Taxi services much more reliable.

Original review: April 14, 2022

I could not update my credit on the app. My special night was ruined! Lost money for gala ticket. No customer service. I am a heart survivor, this was a special night. Reuined over a failing app and no help. I tried to get help no customer service number anymore, had to really search for an email. I have been a Uber rider for a couple of yrs. I am very disappointed in the lack of service. I am very hurt that my special night was ruined, because no help was available. I will take my business elsewhere!

Uber Company Information