2. Miscellaneous

3.8/5 (1800 ratings)

About Uber

Uber Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Uber?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

Insurance called Uber for post dental pick up stating it was urgent. Promised ride in 3 min. Took 45 min. (Waiting in HOT area with NO seating with NO alternatives.) Driver REPEATEDLY told me he was going to throw me out of his vehicle for no valid reason. Extremely abusive. Refused to turn off irritating music. NO courtesy whatsoever. Complained to Uber. NO RESPONSE.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2021

I signed up for UBER a few months ago, never actually used it and yet I have been charged over $200 in fraudulent charges. This is isn't a case of someone steals card and racks up charges, this is a case of UBER stealing money. When I look into this company all you see is same thing over and over again. HOW ARE THESE PEOPLE GETTING AWAY WITH THIS? I even canceled my card AND THEY COME HOW GOT MY NEW CARD?!!? I had to issue a stop payment, cancel card AGAIN, dispute charges etc etc. I WANT NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS ** COMPANY.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

On 4 Aug. I used Uber for an airport run. Two weeks later I returned and attempted to book Uber for a ride home. They said my credit card was expired. Same old card, good till 2025! This as they tried to increase price more than 100%! I called friends. 8/26 I booked Uber for ride to doctor app't, no problem. For return ride home my card is suddenly no good again! I booked Lyft w/o issue. I had similar issue at airport last January. Drivers were all fine. WHAT'S HAPPENED TO UBER?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

I took a trip yesterday with Uber. My fare was $10.95, and I added a tip of $4.05 for a total of $15.00. When I checked my bank statement, I was charged $15.00 and the charged another $4.05. Uber denies this, saying I was only charged once, even though it is clearly recorded on my bank statement.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Unfortunately, I had a terrible experience with Uber today. My fiancé and I forgot our masks in our hotel room. Upon entering the vehicle of the Uber driver, he requested and asked if we had masks. My fiancé responded that we did not & forgot ours but he would run to the front desk quick (1 minute) and would grab two for us and apologized. The Uber driver did not allow us to exit the car and started pulling off. He then started aggressively verbalizing that we need mask and of the reasons for it. We then told him again, before exiting the parking lot, that we could exit the car and cancel our trip. He would not allow us to exit. He verbally said with an aggressive tone “this is a general conversation. Stop talking & listen”. I did not take this well as it was an inappropriate conversation and the tone was set from the start of the trip. He then continued to harass us regarding the trip.

We made it known that we would like to exit the car immediately after he pulled out of the hotel parking lot. He sped over three lanes almost causing an accident and kicked us out of the car with inappropriate language and aggressiveness “Get out.”. We almost got hit getting out the car and then he almost hit us when he executed a UTURN while rolling down his window to scream at us. I immediately reported the entire situation to Uber support. Not only did they responded with saying that my concerns/comments are duly noted, they charged three dollars more the the fare price. The customer stopper team is the worst I’ve experienced in my lifetime. Not only does Uber support “suck”. Uber, the company, condones verbal harassment, endangerment to passengers, and aggressive driving.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Don't trust or use Uber if you absolutely must be somewhere on time! Uber never showed up to take my wife and I to the airport!! We had a recent 4am scheduled pickup to take my wife & I to the San Diego Airport to go to our son's wedding in Florida a few days ago. At 4:12am while we were waiting outside on our curb with our luggage we got a message saying "No drivers available". We FREAKED OUT as we had an airplane to catch. Uber then removed it from my Uber App like it it never happened. We couldn't get a cab in time to make the airplane so we had to drive to the airport and park there. We did not have time to go to Long Term parking as we were running late DUE TO UBER and we were forced to park in the short-term parking at $30 per day.

We barely made our airplane to Florida for the wedding. We ended up having to pay $288 for parking, $232 MORE than if Uber had picked us up like we had a $56 contract for. This had my wife in tears worrying we wouldn't catch our airplane in time. We were both panicked trying to get to the airport in time, No apologies from Uber, just a curt 'No drivers available' message 12 minutes AFTER the Uber driver was due to arrive!!! If they had told us the day before or even hours before we could have hired a cab and not had that $288 airport parking fee we wouldn't have had to pay if uber had simply done what we expected and they agreed to do! So if you absolutely need to get somewhere and get there on time, don't trust Uber!!!

Original review: July 23, 2021

When I requested an Uber the charge was $45. Apparently in small print somewhere I missed the booking fee and the uber driver took the tollway when there were many other route options. By taking the toll there were even more additional charges. My $45 trip went to $60. Then I tried to contact them which they make impossible. All contact is computerized and not personal at all. When Uber started they had great customer service. Now that they have grown, they've completely lost that hospitality. I will not use Uber any longer. Total disappointment and horrible customer service.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I waited for a driver that did not turn up! My money was taken for a ride I didn't received. I was standing outside long before the driver was to arrive. I tried messaging. Next thing I know the ride was canceled. I had to pay twice to get to where I was going. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THAT MONEY RETURNED! Thank you. Please can someone inform me how I can get my money returned before I cancel the Uber App.

Original review: July 13, 2021

Couldn’t get a phone number, chat didn’t work, couldn’t reach driver w/ the lost item process, couldn’t determine how to make a stop on the way, hit obstacles consistently & when asked for a passcode I looked in contacts and the message I was sending was erased. Conclusion is there is NO customer service. It is totally self-help w/ questions they pose and answer online as a script. Anything else doesn’t exist.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I sign up for a ride for today to be picked up to go to the doctor and no response from Uber rides. But they took my money and they have no direct phone number for the consumer taking further action on this matter.

Uber Company Information