Brazil

2.3/5 (195 ratings)

About LATAM Airlines

LATAM Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LATAM Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LATAM Airlines?

Original review: June 16, 2022

Worst Client Assistance. Nobody able to solve any problem. Their associates and robots are programmed to let you on stand-by for endless hours. Their channels are always busy. Emails when answered are late and without solution. SCAMMERS.

Original review: May 22, 2022

The airline customer service is non existent. Our brand new luggage on its first trip came out of the trip with a 2 inch gash all the way through. They would not do anything and gave us the run around for 30 minutes. Then found a "supervisor" and they said call customer service. We called upon return and they said they are not responsible for baggage. What a joke of a company.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Never in my life have I experienced such an appalling level of service, to the point of being beyond speechless! I booked two business class return tickets from London to Rio departing 24th of February '22, in order to attend a wedding on the 25th February. This would be my first time booking and flying with LATAM. Without notification or explanation, our flight was changed by a full 28 hours to arrive in Rio, after the wedding had taken place - we only noticed through checkmyflight and had not been made aware of the change. This was clearly unacceptable. I spent a day on the phone to Latam, being disconnected regularly, in order to secure an alternative flight via Frankfurt, so to be in Rio on the morning of the 25th. I'd hoped this would be the end of it.

A week or so later Latam then cancelled the Rio to São Paulo sector of our return flight, again without notification, consultation or explanation, requiring me to spend a further 4 hours on the phone (and again, multiple disconnections) to be offered an alternative routing via Belo Horizonte. A few days later on Latam then cancelled this flight too, again without notifying me, automatically replacing it with a flight via Brasília which, although frustrating, I accepted. Latam then again cancelled the whole sector, meaning we'd have to make our own way to São Paulo from Rio for our connecting return flight to London. No explanation was given or any alternative ticket offered. After another 4 hours on the phone trying to resolve this cancellation when I then noticed LATAM had cancelled our entire return flight - effectively stranding us in Brazil without any explanation.

The staff repeatedly hung up on my calls while I frantically tried to fix the fall out. As a result of the previous changes I'd had to amend, at my expense all of my other travel arrangements to accommodate the ticket changes. All I wanted was the return flight from London to Rio I'd booked and paid for in December 2021. I didn't care about the routing as long as I could get from A to B. I have spent 16 hour in total on the phone to Latam over the course of 32 separate calls (many due to being disconnected/hung up on). I have reached out for help via their social media channels and have been exchanging pointless and unhelpful messages at a rate of 1 every 3-4 hours. As it stands I depart for Brazil in the morning and have no return flight booked (as they cancelled the ticket).

I make the distinction between airlines cancelling a flight and cancelling tickets because through all of this, they were still selling tickets on the flights they'd cancelled for us - all of them were still running, LATAM were just reselling our tickets. I have never been treated so poorly by any company I've had dealings with and can categorically say Latam is THE worst airline I've been misguided enough to book with. I have zero confidence that my outward ticket will still be valid by the time I get to the airport in London and no confidence that any of my bookings will be honoured. My only option is to travel without a return ticket and purchase a new ticket from a different airlineI How can this airline even still be in business. Please don't make the same mistake as us - take the many terrible reviews for Latam's service very seriously and avoid at all costs!!! Our benefit of the doubt approach has benefitted nobody but Latam!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I had a terrible experience with an online booking a flight from Miami to Fortaleza Brazil. I made the mistake of putting the wrong date on a reservation I made for my girlfriend. Once the reservation was ready, I looked at it to see if everything was fine and I realized the mistake. I immediately proceeded to try to change the date, but started having problems.

I found out a customer service number throughout internet since LATAM website doesn't have a way to cancel the reservation. I asked the agent if I could cancel and make the reservation again and he told me that it was not possible and if I do it, they would only refund 30% of the cost. Impressive this is just an hour after I made the reservation. I have never had such a bad experience with any company you always get a 24 hrs. grace period to make changes or cancel without any penalty.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I bought tickets that were supposed to be fully refundable. Once the pandemic hit and my parents weren't able to travel I called and the ordeal began: 1. Stayed 56 minutes on hold and after a 3-minute conversation the line dropped and they had my number but no one called me back. 2. I called three times before I was able to speak to someone and spent another good 3 hours of my life. 4. They claimed that the refund had to be made in the form of a voucher and that I would have to call when I received an email with the vouchers to get it transformed into money.

5. They sent me the voucher weeks later and I called again. 6 They told me they would now send it to the department that makes the transfer from voucher to refund 7. I received an email asking for my Mom's passport. I sent it. 8. Then even though it was on the same reservation I received another email asking for my father's passport. I sent it. Finally: After months of waiting I received this email asking me for the following information in order to process the refund from Steven **.‍

Origin: -
    Destination: -
    Flight number:
    Travel date:
    Ticket number: -

Reservation number: -

I wrote back demanding an answer and a refund immediately. It's been almost a week and I did not get even an email response demanded by my email. Trash airlines. Never travel with them. My parents are in their early eighties and this airline is holding their hard-earned money for no reason! I would give them a zero star if I could.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I purchased my flight tickets through Latam website. On the website, the charges were displayed in AUD (which is my currency). Once I processed the payment, they had charged me in USD increasing a lot the price of the ticket. If I knew I was being charged in USD I would definitely not have purchased the flight, because it was beyond my budget.

I created a support case straight away to ask for a full refund, as I couldn't afford that ticket. It's been 1 month and there is no reply on my support ticket. I call customer support every day and they say they cannot do anything apart from wait for the correct department to answer my case. Latam is clearly not caring about the customer and it is stealing money from the customers. Doing a bit of a research I found out that I am not the only one that fell under this trick that Latam is using to steal people's money... Don't trust this website... Don't trust this airline company!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I paid $505 to upgrade to business on a Santiago to NYC flight. Latam changes my seat at check-in. I get a new seat which doesn’t work. Moves forward and backwards only. The flight attendants could care less. Good luck trying to contact customer service by phone. They’re non existent. I have an online complaint pending but it’s doubtful I’ll hear back. Honestly - after watching them operate and interact with passengers and even each other - I don’t think I’d trust them or the carrier again. Simply bad news..

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

Latam Website down for 2 days, all I wanted to do is select seats, add extra baggage and make payment - FAILED. Then ring call centre, from Australia but the call centre based in Columbia; staffs are helpful; however, 2 hours later on the phone; their payment system down and can't make a payment either. I have even tried calling back 4 times, with 2 different credit card to make payment - FAILED. All I can say is poor front line staff. Someone from the IT or managerial department should look into this asap before someone else call in and scream their head off.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Latam are the worst company in history... I booked a business class ticket... then few weeks later Latam reschedule the flight. I called to accept and change the date... which all went fine until the following day I received the new ticket which was in economy class when I had paid for business class. It has now taken me 3 weeks of endless calls and I am still nowhere near getting this issue resolved. They refuse to let me speak to a manager... and refuse to change my ticket back to business class unless I pay a further £2000... or my other option is to remain in economy and pay £500 for my luggage and £64 per seat per journey. It's an absolute joke and the worst customer service I've dealt with in my entire life. I will never use them again.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Basically, I am very much humiliated by the treatment which me, my daughter and my small dog received by LATAM staff at Madrid International Airport! We were firstly not provided any information regarding the international certificate of veterinary that she is vaccinated even after frequent communication through phone calls from Brazil and Spain. We were not sure until the last minute if we can board the flight or not! As our flight was a connecting flight which confirmed that all our documents were correct except LATAM! Later, as we were more concerned about COVID we were properly vaccinated and also did the RT-PCR test within 72 hours. But when we reached the Madrid international airport, we were not allowed to board the flight as we lack one of their document, which they might have informed before or through previous connecting flight providers.

As I was getting back to my home country after nearly 3 years as were waiting for our residence renewal in Spain this was a huge issue for me, my daughter and my dog as we were without money, food and a place to stay in Madrid! Being a unemployed women my husband and family from Brazil managed to arrange everything necessary to return back for our safety; but adding to our humiliation none of the LATAM staff provided help nor support to us. They were always shouting and keeping us away from them until the flight departed and sent all our luggage without us! It was not just that the lady who was dealing with the pets dragged me, my daughter along with our dog when we were trying to explain our complicated situation with them.

Not just that, the lady said that she will gave 5 euros to buy some food for my daughter! Me as a mother of a daughter and a small dog had to stay empty stomach whole night without food with uncertainty at the airport! Next day when I complained to Civil police and explained our situation they said that they will help her to get the documents for our dog urgently. They gave us food and supported that they will help us in our safe return. Even after that the LATAM staff were not ready to provide us a new ticket for the next day fight. Only when the Civil police interfered they provided the tickets with "Shameful smiling faces" as if nothing happened! I think the Spain care more for women, animal as well as children rights than LATAM Brazil! I want the whole world to know what this LATAM airlines is capable of! If they can do this with the people from their own country just imagine what they can do for others.

Maria Fernanda Maciel Teixeira Sanmukh