Brazil

2.3/5 (191 ratings)

About LATAM Airlines

LATAM Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LATAM Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LATAM Airlines?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I bought tickets that were supposed to be fully refundable. Once the pandemic hit and my parents weren't able to travel I called and the ordeal began: 1. Stayed 56 minutes on hold and after a 3-minute conversation the line dropped and they had my number but no one called me back. 2. I called three times before I was able to speak to someone and spent another good 3 hours of my life. 4. They claimed that the refund had to be made in the form of a voucher and that I would have to call when I received an email with the vouchers to get it transformed into money.

5. They sent me the voucher weeks later and I called again. 6 They told me they would now send it to the department that makes the transfer from voucher to refund 7. I received an email asking for my Mom's passport. I sent it. 8. Then even though it was on the same reservation I received another email asking for my father's passport. I sent it. Finally: After months of waiting I received this email asking me for the following information in order to process the refund from Steven **.‍

Origin: -
Destination: -
Flight number:
Travel date:
Ticket number: -

Reservation number: -

I wrote back demanding an answer and a refund immediately. It's been almost a week and I did not get even an email response demanded by my email. Trash airlines. Never travel with them. My parents are in their early eighties and this airline is holding their hard-earned money for no reason! I would give them a zero star if I could.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I purchased my flight tickets through Latam website. On the website, the charges were displayed in AUD (which is my currency). Once I processed the payment, they had charged me in USD increasing a lot the price of the ticket. If I knew I was being charged in USD I would definitely not have purchased the flight, because it was beyond my budget.

I created a support case straight away to ask for a full refund, as I couldn't afford that ticket. It's been 1 month and there is no reply on my support ticket. I call customer support every day and they say they cannot do anything apart from wait for the correct department to answer my case. Latam is clearly not caring about the customer and it is stealing money from the customers. Doing a bit of a research I found out that I am not the only one that fell under this trick that Latam is using to steal people's money... Don't trust this website... Don't trust this airline company!

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I paid $505 to upgrade to business on a Santiago to NYC flight. Latam changes my seat at check-in. I get a new seat which doesn’t work. Moves forward and backwards only. The flight attendants could care less. Good luck trying to contact customer service by phone. They’re non existent. I have an online complaint pending but it’s doubtful I’ll hear back. Honestly - after watching them operate and interact with passengers and even each other - I don’t think I’d trust them or the carrier again. Simply bad news..

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

Latam Website down for 2 days, all I wanted to do is select seats, add extra baggage and make payment - FAILED. Then ring call centre, from Australia but the call centre based in Columbia; staffs are helpful; however, 2 hours later on the phone; their payment system down and can't make a payment either. I have even tried calling back 4 times, with 2 different credit card to make payment - FAILED. All I can say is poor front line staff. Someone from the IT or managerial department should look into this asap before someone else call in and scream their head off.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Latam are the worst company in history... I booked a business class ticket... then few weeks later Latam reschedule the flight. I called to accept and change the date... which all went fine until the following day I received the new ticket which was in economy class when I had paid for business class. It has now taken me 3 weeks of endless calls and I am still nowhere near getting this issue resolved. They refuse to let me speak to a manager... and refuse to change my ticket back to business class unless I pay a further £2000... or my other option is to remain in economy and pay £500 for my luggage and £64 per seat per journey. It's an absolute joke and the worst customer service I've dealt with in my entire life. I will never use them again.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Basically, I am very much humiliated by the treatment which me, my daughter and my small dog received by LATAM staff at Madrid International Airport! We were firstly not provided any information regarding the international certificate of veterinary that she is vaccinated even after frequent communication through phone calls from Brazil and Spain. We were not sure until the last minute if we can board the flight or not! As our flight was a connecting flight which confirmed that all our documents were correct except LATAM! Later, as we were more concerned about COVID we were properly vaccinated and also did the RT-PCR test within 72 hours. But when we reached the Madrid international airport, we were not allowed to board the flight as we lack one of their document, which they might have informed before or through previous connecting flight providers.

As I was getting back to my home country after nearly 3 years as were waiting for our residence renewal in Spain this was a huge issue for me, my daughter and my dog as we were without money, food and a place to stay in Madrid! Being a unemployed women my husband and family from Brazil managed to arrange everything necessary to return back for our safety; but adding to our humiliation none of the LATAM staff provided help nor support to us. They were always shouting and keeping us away from them until the flight departed and sent all our luggage without us! It was not just that the lady who was dealing with the pets dragged me, my daughter along with our dog when we were trying to explain our complicated situation with them.

Not just that, the lady said that she will gave 5 euros to buy some food for my daughter! Me as a mother of a daughter and a small dog had to stay empty stomach whole night without food with uncertainty at the airport! Next day when I complained to Civil police and explained our situation they said that they will help her to get the documents for our dog urgently. They gave us food and supported that they will help us in our safe return. Even after that the LATAM staff were not ready to provide us a new ticket for the next day fight. Only when the Civil police interfered they provided the tickets with "Shameful smiling faces" as if nothing happened! I think the Spain care more for women, animal as well as children rights than LATAM Brazil! I want the whole world to know what this LATAM airlines is capable of! If they can do this with the people from their own country just imagine what they can do for others.

Maria Fernanda Maciel Teixeira Sanmukh

Original review: July 30, 2021

Terrible experience with LATAM Airlines. Bought a ticket a refunded it 10 minutes later expecting that it would be valid within the 24 hour refund period. Spoke to representative Jonathon **. He promised that I would be getting a full refund within 5 business days. I even got an email confirmation. I called back 7 business days later asking why I didn’t get the refund yet.

While speaking to Valerie ** (emp # **), she had no idea what she was doing, and told me to get my refund from Expedia. I kept telling her I booked DIRECTLY FROM THE LATAM SITE AND NOT EXPEDIA. She then kept me on hold for 40 minutes, spoke to her manager Felipe **, and told me sorry they could not process the refund. I told them several times that I received an email confirmation, and all they could say was sorry, refund was rejected. NEVER EVER FLY WITH LATAM, they are CROOKS! I’ve publicly listed the names of the incompetent staff I had to deal with and will continue posting until I get my refund.

Original review: June 19, 2021

Trash, over priced in comparison to competitors in almost every geographical location. Poor customer service. This Chili company is first on the chopping block with covid flight pull backs... Every policy within this company's ecosystem of operation is loaded against the flyer.

Original review: April 23, 2021

We were unable to travel due to Ecuador going into a country wide lockdown due to COVID beginning 4/23/2021 and supposed to end 5/20/2021. We were to travel 5/1/2021 to 5/23/2021 but because of the lockdown were unable to do so. LATAM has kept 70% of the price of the ticket for each member of our party (there are 4 of us). Every other entity gave a full refund except for LATAM. NOT our fault that the country went into lockdown. Find another airline to fly with or take the bus.

The hoops you have to jump through to get a refund are arduous as well. I had to cancel one at a time, not the entire reservation. They will not refund to your credit card, only to your bank account. I filed for a refund yesterday and filled out their repetitious forms one-by-one and then they issue a travel voucher and then you have to go through the process again and give them your bank account information. NOT SECURE in my book. FLY with ANY OTHER airline but LATAM.

Original review: April 11, 2021

Worst airline ever. They cancelled my flight back in October 2020 due to Covid (I suppose, but I don't know for sure), which was fine for me since I couldn't go anyway because of Covid. When they informed me about the cancellation in August, they told me first that when the booking was made by credit card, a refund would be issued automatically within 30 days. No such refund was ever issued. Then I sent them a message through their website asking what happened to the refund. They replied (after weeks!) that I had to fill in a form (which is contrary to their first message). But fine, I did fill that in.

Still, after chasing them for 3 times again from October 2020 on, nothing ever got refunded and they simply do not reply to messages. In March 2021 I submitted another message stating that I wanted to file a complaint unless I would get my money straight away. I got a reply that the refund had already been processed (absolutely not!) so that they could not process my complaint (!?). This company is a total scam. I can't believe a company like this is allowed to even exist having read all other 1 star reviews all over the internet. It's criminal.

LATAM Airlines Company Information