Brazil

2.2/5 (200 ratings)

About LATAM Airlines

LATAM Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LATAM Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LATAM Airlines?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

The worse airline company ever. This company is just a **… If you need to travel go on Camel, horse, pig whatever besides this crap company. I canceled a flight 6 months ago and got 672.74 as a credit. Now I decided to use my credit to get a ticket and had to pay 300 dollars as penalty fee… ** policy as a ** company.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

I will never buy LATAM again. I bought the ticket for my mother to come from Brazil to Australia and I had called previously asking if I would need a visa for New Zealand and I was told no. My mother arrived at the time of boarding and she had a problem with her cpf because then and we had to get her visa to New Zealand in a hurry and she almost missed her flight and she was treated badly by an employee. After that I had to change my mother's ticket and even though I told the employee that my mother would have to stay with me more because she is helping me with my baby because I suffered domestic violence and I separated from my ex. Even though I had little money I had to pay more for the passage, zero empathy.

Now I went to try to sell the ticket because my mother will be staying longer and the attendant wouldn't let me talk. Totally disappointed, lack of ethics, lack of humanity, hours on the phone and rude attendants even though I had all the patience. I also can't to do this things alone in they website so I depend of the call center to try sell my flight or if I want to change I need to pay more even is for 6 months, terrible. I want to expose to the world how wrong this company is.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

Exploitative and scammy. I was taking a flight from Cordoba to Bogota and when it came to check my bags, they told me that a carry-on bag was not included in my flight. I had already paid to have a checked bag, and I thought the carry on bag would be included. Instead, they told me that to check my bag it would cost 31,000 Argentine pesos, which equaled $207 US dollars. That is an insane amount of money for a carry on bag. Even the lady at the counter admitted it was a huge amount of money. All of my Argentine friends were shocked at that price and they all said it was a complete scam and it was exploitative.

To put it in perspective, my Argentine friend had carry on bag with a different airline and they only charged him 3,000 Argentine pesos. LATAM charged me 10 TIMES that amount of money, and there was absolutely nothing I could do. To add insult to injury, there was a lot of extra space in the carry on bins. It wasn’t even a full flight or anything. Absolutely ridiculous amount of money, they are clearly just trying to take advantage of their customers. I filed a complaint and they never even got back to me.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

Bought seats in advance to guarantee a good place and the company messed up after payment and never allocate the seats under my reservation. I Logged 3 Cases with Latam regarding my paid seats and nobody replied back to me to resolve this. All the seats were paid then I rang the support today and they said it doesn't show there. What a mess of a company. First case logged 16/09. No response till now.

Case 1 - ** created 16/09/22
    Case 2 - ** created 22/09/22

Case 3 - ** created 26/09/22

Lack of respect for a customer. I will never buy a ticket with them.. Be aware.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Your flight will be cancelled and changed without discussing with you. Contact centre Staff are rude and unprofessional. LATAM will cancel your flight and they will charge you fee to give your money back over 12 weeks. LATAM will lose your luggage. LATAM will take your money and waiting time on the phone to talk and Chase your money could exceed hours. For any more disaster experience, just go ahead and book it in. Good Luck!

Original review: June 16, 2022

Worst Client Assistance. Nobody able to solve any problem. Their associates and robots are programmed to let you on stand-by for endless hours. Their channels are always busy. Emails when answered are late and without solution. SCAMMERS.

Original review: May 22, 2022

The airline customer service is non existent. Our brand new luggage on its first trip came out of the trip with a 2 inch gash all the way through. They would not do anything and gave us the run around for 30 minutes. Then found a "supervisor" and they said call customer service. We called upon return and they said they are not responsible for baggage. What a joke of a company.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

Never in my life have I experienced such an appalling level of service, to the point of being beyond speechless! I booked two business class return tickets from London to Rio departing 24th of February '22, in order to attend a wedding on the 25th February. This would be my first time booking and flying with LATAM. Without notification or explanation, our flight was changed by a full 28 hours to arrive in Rio, after the wedding had taken place - we only noticed through checkmyflight and had not been made aware of the change. This was clearly unacceptable. I spent a day on the phone to Latam, being disconnected regularly, in order to secure an alternative flight via Frankfurt, so to be in Rio on the morning of the 25th. I'd hoped this would be the end of it.

A week or so later Latam then cancelled the Rio to São Paulo sector of our return flight, again without notification, consultation or explanation, requiring me to spend a further 4 hours on the phone (and again, multiple disconnections) to be offered an alternative routing via Belo Horizonte. A few days later on Latam then cancelled this flight too, again without notifying me, automatically replacing it with a flight via Brasília which, although frustrating, I accepted. Latam then again cancelled the whole sector, meaning we'd have to make our own way to São Paulo from Rio for our connecting return flight to London. No explanation was given or any alternative ticket offered. After another 4 hours on the phone trying to resolve this cancellation when I then noticed LATAM had cancelled our entire return flight - effectively stranding us in Brazil without any explanation.

The staff repeatedly hung up on my calls while I frantically tried to fix the fall out. As a result of the previous changes I'd had to amend, at my expense all of my other travel arrangements to accommodate the ticket changes. All I wanted was the return flight from London to Rio I'd booked and paid for in December 2021. I didn't care about the routing as long as I could get from A to B. I have spent 16 hour in total on the phone to Latam over the course of 32 separate calls (many due to being disconnected/hung up on). I have reached out for help via their social media channels and have been exchanging pointless and unhelpful messages at a rate of 1 every 3-4 hours. As it stands I depart for Brazil in the morning and have no return flight booked (as they cancelled the ticket).

I make the distinction between airlines cancelling a flight and cancelling tickets because through all of this, they were still selling tickets on the flights they'd cancelled for us - all of them were still running, LATAM were just reselling our tickets. I have never been treated so poorly by any company I've had dealings with and can categorically say Latam is THE worst airline I've been misguided enough to book with. I have zero confidence that my outward ticket will still be valid by the time I get to the airport in London and no confidence that any of my bookings will be honoured. My only option is to travel without a return ticket and purchase a new ticket from a different airlineI How can this airline even still be in business. Please don't make the same mistake as us - take the many terrible reviews for Latam's service very seriously and avoid at all costs!!! Our benefit of the doubt approach has benefitted nobody but Latam!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I had a terrible experience with an online booking a flight from Miami to Fortaleza Brazil. I made the mistake of putting the wrong date on a reservation I made for my girlfriend. Once the reservation was ready, I looked at it to see if everything was fine and I realized the mistake. I immediately proceeded to try to change the date, but started having problems.

I found out a customer service number throughout internet since LATAM website doesn't have a way to cancel the reservation. I asked the agent if I could cancel and make the reservation again and he told me that it was not possible and if I do it, they would only refund 30% of the cost. Impressive this is just an hour after I made the reservation. I have never had such a bad experience with any company you always get a 24 hrs. grace period to make changes or cancel without any penalty.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I bought tickets that were supposed to be fully refundable. Once the pandemic hit and my parents weren't able to travel I called and the ordeal began: 1. Stayed 56 minutes on hold and after a 3-minute conversation the line dropped and they had my number but no one called me back. 2. I called three times before I was able to speak to someone and spent another good 3 hours of my life. 4. They claimed that the refund had to be made in the form of a voucher and that I would have to call when I received an email with the vouchers to get it transformed into money.

5. They sent me the voucher weeks later and I called again. 6 They told me they would now send it to the department that makes the transfer from voucher to refund 7. I received an email asking for my Mom's passport. I sent it. 8. Then even though it was on the same reservation I received another email asking for my father's passport. I sent it. Finally: After months of waiting I received this email asking me for the following information in order to process the refund from Steven **.‍

Origin: -
    Destination: -
    Flight number:
    Travel date:
    Ticket number: -

Reservation number: -

I wrote back demanding an answer and a refund immediately. It's been almost a week and I did not get even an email response demanded by my email. Trash airlines. Never travel with them. My parents are in their early eighties and this airline is holding their hard-earned money for no reason! I would give them a zero star if I could.

LATAM Airlines Company Information