2. Travel

Brazil

2.3/5 (184 ratings)

About LATAM Airlines

LATAM Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LATAM Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LATAM Airlines?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Booked 5 business class seats from Miami to Johannesburg and have a problem with the middle name on one ticket and after 8 weeks of being around in circles they have no solution and it looks like they will ruin our family vacation. They expect us to leave one person behind because of a middle name problem? Or spend $10,000 or more to correct it? Insane. So many many hours wasted in communication with them. The Spirit Airlines of international travel????

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I called Latam to change the departure date of my trip. I had to call because this service was not available online, strange BTW as I bought my ticket online at Latam.com. OK, so I changed the date, the agent charged 237 USD to my credit card and then I received the new ticket (displaying the new date). However, 1 hour later I got an email from LATAM completely out of the blue asking for some details about a claim I never initiated. Then, I received another email with the e-ticket but this time showing the initial date for my departure. So, I called them again and they told me that the agent made a mistake when she changed my ticket and that she had to go back to the initial date. So, I had to request again the change of date and then they charged me again saying that they will refund what I paid for the previous cancelled change within 24-48 hours.

After 4 days, the credit card charge is still there, no refund and when I called back Latam they told me that I have to provide the details that were requested in the email they sent me. Such details include credit card number, my ID number, amount, etc. Hello?? If they cancelled the change of date I requested, is that difficult to generate a refund? I believe the agent who did it, did not not know what she was doing. How can this agent cancel the change after my credit card was charged and then do not even call me to explain the situation? The funny thing, is that the first thing they ask you is about your phone number in case they need to call you back.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Talking about bad service, Sandra ** the supervisor very rude. She is very condescending when she talks to a customer. The worst service ever. We paid for the extra baggage online and she kept refusing to honor that. She is the worst. The attorney general will know about this. She should work in a farm with pigs and cows. I can’t believe she has a job dealing with people. This happen in Boston.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

A colleague, my daughter, and I were denied boarding for advance purchase tickets purchased in November, 2018, for flights from Lima to Cuzco in July 2019 after flying from California to Lima. We arrived at the airport 2 hours prior to the flight to check in. The airline states that check-in occurs between 48 hours and 75 minutes prior to flight departure. Apparently they overbooked the flight and allowed passengers to board based on the timing of when they checked in. In our case, our seats were given away even though we attempted to check in 120 minutes in advance.

The remaining 9 people with whom we were meeting for a group tour in Cuzco had to wait for us to arrive on a flight 4 hours later. We were offered a voucher for McDonald's (which we don't eat) and $20/ticket or a $40 voucher for future LATAM flight. We did not accept this and filed a complaint that day. Over 7 weeks later, we received an email stating that we could receive $20/ticket or a $40 Latam voucher. I've had to make numerous calls as I received no response via email and now have to submit additional documentation for my daughter to receive the $20. Be aware of LATAM and make sure that you check in 48 hours in advance or they could bump you!!

Original review: July 5, 2019

This is the WORST airline I have ever encountered! My flight yesterday got interrupted because of a medical emergency with a family member stateside and I got stranded in Miami trying to get back home. I was sad and stressed and traumatized, and these unhelpful customer service reps were telling me over and over again that they simply could do nothing because I couldn’t provide medical documentation. I was on the phone with them for an a hour and then in their office in Miami for an additional hour.

My loved one was currently IN the emergency room, and I didn’t know the hospital. Even if I DID, should THIS be what I’m thinking about in an emergency? Their stupid policies??? I booked on them through Travelocity, so hopefully they can help me. But I am writing to CEOs of both LATAM and American Airlines (this partnership hurts the other carrier and makes them look bad), and reporting to anyone and everyone I can. DO NOT GIVE THESE CRIMINALS YOUR MONEY!!!

Original review: May 29, 2019

My wife and I traveled from Puerto Maldonado to Lima so we could board our flight with Sky Airlines (with a 4 hour layover) to Santiago on 10 May 2019. The flight was delayed by 4 hours and we were forced to fly from Maldonado to Cusco and then to Lima, which was still late anyways. No announcements were made when it was known that the flight was delayed, causing much panic and a fight for the front gates from passengers to figure out what was happening, causing a dangerous situation. They would begin a conversation with you and then move on to the next person without answering a question or just ditching you for someone else to talk to who.

One of the three girls was ignoring us and talking on her cell phone to her friend while fixing up her nails... Latam had other flights to Santiago they could have placed us on but because the next flight was with Sky Airlines they said they would not be accountable for our missed connection. While I understand that it is not required, most airlines will at the very least help you book another flight when there are open seats on a flight going to your destination regardless of whose airline you book on if the flight was late by 3+ hours as common courtesy.

We had to spend the night on the airport floor and were sent back and forth in and out of security because personnel would not call one another from the ticket booth to the counters and the gates. While my wife was handicapped and walking on crutches they did not offer assistance to make this easier for us. No food or water was provided to us in the trouble. We were told Latam's job is to "get you to your destination, but not at any particular time" and they warned that we should never book another flight on the same day. So the bar is set extremely low.

Otherwise a decent flight and the staff were great, except of course the company stripped them of any power based on the "we aren't allowed to do that" response from every question, including the supervisor who also had no power. Clearly they create walls for people to complain to and never actually want to deal with anything. They only care about their bottom line clearly. Hopefully if enough people complain it will affect their bottom line.

Original review: May 14, 2019

DO NOT fly LATAM Airlines!!! The most disgusting and poor customer service I have ever experienced. Flight delayed 4 hours then cancelled at 2am in the morning with little to no explanation or concern. Forced to get up at 6am only to be told we would not be on another flight until 17 hours later. Missed international connecting flights with an English speaking attendant ignoring us and saying she does not understand English. A further 2 hours to check back in. Was then given a travel voucher only for all three of our party to be missing the last number on the printed travel voucher.

Once back home in Australia we tried to claim expense of the voucher with completely incompetent staff who would pause and not answer a question that was asked for minutes at a time. Finally after much heartache was told the transfer was complete and would take no longer than 15 working days to show up in account.... Never showed up. Called/emailed multiple times to follow up only to get transferred to an alternative team member and told my case was still getting resolved. 4 months later no money has been transferred. Easily the worst experience I have ever had to endure in not only an airline but any form of customer service. I REPEAT.... NEVER TRAVEL WITH THIS AIRLINE.

Original review: March 31, 2019

My wife and I were on flight 8053 which was delayed for about an hour before take-off. We had a tight connecting flight at Sao Paulo to Boston. During the flight, I waited until refreshments were served because I wanted to inform the attendants of our situation. When the attendants were free, I tried to speak to an attendant, but he shut the curtain in my face saying "the compartment is closed" in English. At the end of the flight, I tried again to get some assistance, but he once again rudely brushed me off saying "You'll be fine" even though he knew nothing about our connecting flight. In addition, this same attendant closed the curtain to "the compartment" even though my wife and I had been waiting in line for 30 minutes to use the bathroom. He stated that there were 2 more bathrooms at the other end of the plane which had a line of more than 10 people already waiting.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Latin American airlines actually provide food for their customers, and seem more flexible in their approach to their customers. You feel more like a human being rather than a poor person who had to fly economy.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I bought a ticket at 11pm on the 5th. After realizing I had made a mistake, I called to make a correction on the 6th. After creating a case, I received an email that I had started my case at 7:15 pm with no extra information. I called the next day and was told, "Your claim is still being processed." Then I get an email saying that my claim wasn't made within 24 hours. But after looking at my email and trying to explain to the man on the phone it says claim made on Mar 6th 2019, he said it was made at 0015 on the 7th. He was clearly trying to place the blame on me, their customer. I still have this email. But no resolving of my request.

LATAM Airlines Company Information