Brazil

2.3/5 (195 ratings)

About LATAM Airlines

LATAM Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LATAM Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LATAM Airlines?

Original review: July 30, 2021

Terrible experience with LATAM Airlines. Bought a ticket a refunded it 10 minutes later expecting that it would be valid within the 24 hour refund period. Spoke to representative Jonathon **. He promised that I would be getting a full refund within 5 business days. I even got an email confirmation. I called back 7 business days later asking why I didn’t get the refund yet.

While speaking to Valerie ** (emp # **), she had no idea what she was doing, and told me to get my refund from Expedia. I kept telling her I booked DIRECTLY FROM THE LATAM SITE AND NOT EXPEDIA. She then kept me on hold for 40 minutes, spoke to her manager Felipe **, and told me sorry they could not process the refund. I told them several times that I received an email confirmation, and all they could say was sorry, refund was rejected. NEVER EVER FLY WITH LATAM, they are CROOKS! I’ve publicly listed the names of the incompetent staff I had to deal with and will continue posting until I get my refund.

Original review: June 19, 2021

Trash, over priced in comparison to competitors in almost every geographical location. Poor customer service. This Chili company is first on the chopping block with covid flight pull backs... Every policy within this company's ecosystem of operation is loaded against the flyer.

Original review: April 23, 2021

We were unable to travel due to Ecuador going into a country wide lockdown due to COVID beginning 4/23/2021 and supposed to end 5/20/2021. We were to travel 5/1/2021 to 5/23/2021 but because of the lockdown were unable to do so. LATAM has kept 70% of the price of the ticket for each member of our party (there are 4 of us). Every other entity gave a full refund except for LATAM. NOT our fault that the country went into lockdown. Find another airline to fly with or take the bus.

The hoops you have to jump through to get a refund are arduous as well. I had to cancel one at a time, not the entire reservation. They will not refund to your credit card, only to your bank account. I filed for a refund yesterday and filled out their repetitious forms one-by-one and then they issue a travel voucher and then you have to go through the process again and give them your bank account information. NOT SECURE in my book. FLY with ANY OTHER airline but LATAM.

Original review: April 11, 2021

Worst airline ever. They cancelled my flight back in October 2020 due to Covid (I suppose, but I don't know for sure), which was fine for me since I couldn't go anyway because of Covid. When they informed me about the cancellation in August, they told me first that when the booking was made by credit card, a refund would be issued automatically within 30 days. No such refund was ever issued. Then I sent them a message through their website asking what happened to the refund. They replied (after weeks!) that I had to fill in a form (which is contrary to their first message). But fine, I did fill that in.

Still, after chasing them for 3 times again from October 2020 on, nothing ever got refunded and they simply do not reply to messages. In March 2021 I submitted another message stating that I wanted to file a complaint unless I would get my money straight away. I got a reply that the refund had already been processed (absolutely not!) so that they could not process my complaint (!?). This company is a total scam. I can't believe a company like this is allowed to even exist having read all other 1 star reviews all over the internet. It's criminal.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

Latam have provided the worst customer service I've ever experienced. I'm absolutely disgusted and frustrated. My flight was cancelled and I was not told. The website has been incorrect for months, I've emailed and been told my flight was fine but the website stayed incorrect and I couldn't amend anything. I spent weeks trying to call to check the status as I am aware there might be changes. I tried to call the Contact Center, but no one picks up in English. I was on hold for hours and hours on the English line and no one picked. I called the Portuguese line and people answered. I speak a little Portuguese but if I didn't how the hell would I get any support or know that my flight was cancelled.

A week before my flight and they said everything was fine, the man said he would email a confirmation, he didn't. Then I tried to check in 72 hours before my flight, the website wasn't working. I called again in Portuguese and they then told me the flight was cancelled which I would have had no way of knowing if I didn't speak a bit of Portuguese.

They helped me change the flight which was good. However I then checked in online and bought an upgraded seat, the payment was taken from me and a receipt emailed, but my seat has not changed on the website or my ticket. So they have stolen money from me and not delivered their part of the service. I tried to call again to sort it, I had to call the Portuguese line again as no one answers in English, and he told me to call back the English or Spanish and wouldn't help me. I explained there was no one on the English line but he wouldn't help me. How am I supposed to sort this problem? It's the worst experience I've ever had with a flight and I want compensation for my experience, I need a refund of the stolen money and someone from Latam to actually respond and fix the problems!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

I have had several cancellations and several flights had been modified without any kind of notification. I have called customer service several times and received very little help if not any. I requested the representative to transfer me to a manager and was declined. I requested a manager's email and was declined. I requested information about how to file a complaint and the only information he gave me is to go to latam.com without any kind directions or how to process a claim. Not sure what are the standards for customer service at Latam but I can assure you that my experience has been far from decent. I was able to find how to file a complaint but no returns so far. I have used TAM air lines several times in the past but now with LATAM nothing but disappointment.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

We have had so many issues with this airline. We have been flying this airline for about 10 years and the past two years there has been great administrative changes and we have had horrible experiences trying to buy tickets to fly to Peru and Australia. Last year my husband made a group reservation to fly with a group of people to Peru and while we were on vacation in Thailand in March we found out that Latam had not issued the tickets that had been purchased and charged to our credit card for the trip to peru in June. He had to jump through hoops to get them to issue the tickets because we needed to get confirmation for the flights for everyone on the group trip.

Last December 2019 we purchased tickets to fly to Peru on New Year's vacation and we were not able to pay for the tickets online with our credit card. My husband tried every which way to pay for the tickets and was not able to. We had to call a family member in Peru so that they could purchase our tickets in Peru because their system would not take our payment. About a week later we tried to purchase tickets to fly to Australia together. My husband was not able to buy our tickets on the same order he had to buy his ticket separate from mine. Why? Because their system would not accept payment for both tickets online. This is outrageous!!! So, he had to buy both his ticket and my ticket separately.

Before we flew to Peru this past December, we checked to make sure everything was ok with the reservations to Australia and long and be hold, they issued my ticked but they did not issue his ticket even though they charged the credit card. So, this is where all the trouble started again with Latam. My husband started calling them asking them why they had not issued his ticket to Australia, they said they would in time, to keep checking back and gave us a case number.

While we were in Peru we went to a Latam center and they said that our case was not important, that they needed to focus on other cases that had flights sooner then ours to Australia. We kept calling and checking with them and we got to nothing. Then they said there was an issue with my husbands member number and told us to call another number to get a telephone code so we could get another case number. Then they said we needed to call their Brazil office to deal with the issue. We kept getting the run around and no answers!!!

We were in Peru for a month and all this time nothing was resolved with Latam. They eventually cancelled my husbands ticket to Australia and refunded the money without advising us. But now we are left with my ticket. So we are trying to cancel my ticket to Australia but we get nowhere with this company. Same excuses!!! They send us from here to there with no solution and I'm so sick and tired of this lack of professionalism and waste of our valuable time!!! They gave us a case number for this ticket and now a week away from when our flight was, we still have no resolution to this chaos!!!

I do not recommend this airline at all anymore!!! Take your money elsewhere. Don't waste your valuable time. While we were trying to resolve this issue in the Lima office there was another lady there with the same issue. for no reason Latam cancelled her husbands ticket to Peru. I have looked on their Facebook page and so many people are complaining about this airline not refunding their money!! They need to get their act straight. This is fraud!! I have complained on their Facebook page and advised them that I will go to the proper authorities in Peru if this is not resolved and our money and miles returned without charges.

Consumers need to be aware of what this company is doing!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

This company is a joke. I was traveling with a group of 6 people (all U.S. Citizens). We had confirmed tickets from Lima to Cusco round trip. We arrived early at the airport just to make sure we have time in case we encounter any problems as we are in a foreign country. We preferred to take precautions just in case. Once we arrived at the counter to process our check in they told us our seats had been sold and that we had to wait for the next flight. We were very upset as we had not been notified at all of any changes regardless of the reason. They offered us a credit with the airline of $40 or a cash voucher of $20. We really didn't want either as it was cutting short our much awaited vacation which we had look forward to enjoy for a year and now we are being literally FORCED to cut it short for $20 in exchange. Really....

Anyway, since they did not give us another option no matter how many times we said no, we took the $20 cash voucher. Here comes the worst part.... they told us that we could go to any LATAM agency and that they would exchange the voucher for cash, as the counter at the airport was not authorized to do that. (First lie) So, we went to the LATAM office in Cusco and they told us that on in Lima could be done (Second lie). Upon our return to Lima we went to the LATAM agency in Chacarilla, but they told us that they couldn't do it and that we had to go to a different agency in Miraflores (Third lie). We then proceeded to go to the agency in Miraflores on our last day before our departure back to the U.S. and they proceeded to tell us that they couldn't process the request as it had to be done over the phone (Fourth lie).

It has been 5 months since that day and in the interim we have been communicating with their "Customer Service" department. We have been changed at least 7 times of representative and every time they ask us for passports, copies of IDs, notarized letters to approve disbursement of funds for our children voucher credit, more questions and more emails. Once we thought we finally were done, and we would finally get our credit they said they needed an account in Soles, which is the Peruvian currency. Now, why in hell would they give a voucher that specifically reads $20 (DOLLARS) if when you redeem it you need an account in a different currency!!!

Anyway, I was able to contact a friend in Peru that was willing to provide me with her account information for the deposit to be done in her account for her then to transfer the funds. LATAM then said that needed another letter approving such transaction. We did. We sent them once again what they requested. This was followed by a response saying that only 5 vouchers will be credited. The other one was missing a voucher number. That was 45 days ago and we still haven't received any credit.

I then received an automatic email saying that if I wanted to receive the funds I had to complete their forms again because they voucher was going to expire. Then I email them again asking where my "approved credit" was and they ignored my question by saying please provide copy of passport, ID, notarized letter, etc etc etc etc etc. This is beyond ridiculous and a joke of customer service. I don't do all this for $20. It is a matter of principle. I will forever discredit this company. I will hire a lawyer to help me make this right. This is abuse.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

On October 12, 2019 I flew on flight 2462 from Lima-Peru to Miami, my business ticket # is **, just in case Latam is interested in investigating what happened, something that I doubt based on the bad service that I received. The seat where I sat didn't have the monitor working. I complained with the supervisor of the area and she told me that she was going to get another seat for me. According to her, some employees/pilots were flying in business and she was going to ask them to swap our seats. They didn't agree on doing so and I had to travel without a working entertainment system. These employees don't care about the fact that I had pay a higher price to get a ticket in business.

I should point out that the folding table used to serve meals in one of the seats closed to me got loose and the supervisor had to tight it. It looks like these seats are not given the proper maintenance. Another surprise to me is that when I tried to get my boarding pass in my cell phone when traveling with Latam from Miami to Lima, Peru, it was said that I couldn't do that because Latam don't participate with the TSA program in the USA, so I had to show a printed boarding pass.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

On June,19, 2019, my brother traveled with Latam Airlines, he did the check in of his luggage with no problem, but at his destination his luggage was completely ruined, because customer service wasn't available at the Airport he was unable to report but took pictures of the damage. A claimed was filed with insurance which it was denied, and by advice to contact the airline, which it was done with no success.

After explaining the situation of what happen, supervisor at Latam said they only accept claim within 5 days of the issue. I would not have to file a claim with them if the insurance wasn't in place but insurance is denying reimbursement, and the airline is denying responsibility. In the meantime the damage is my loss. I do NOT recommend this airline because they hold records of the travels and baggage descriptions, and they know there was no damage to the baggage when they first transported, but is not being honest about taking responsibility about the damage they caused.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

I have not even got on my flight yet and I'm already upset with them! I booked my trip to Brazil back in May for a New Year's vacation in Copacabana beach. Since then, my flights have been changed without my consent at least 4x and eventually got cancelled all together via email!! Can you imagine?!!? After days of going back and forth with Expedia it was revealed that an employee at LATAM canceled my entire trip back in May by accident without notice to me until late September. I can't! I was able to get everything re booked and even though I was compensated the difference in prices, (which was extreme this late in the year) the times were all off and there was an extra lay over.

Now I wake up today to discover they have once again changed my departure time and I have an 8 hour layover in Miami.... I just want to go home people!!!! This is unacceptable and I am on the verge of cancelling my entire trip and just going to Vegas for NYE or something. Smh. Soooo disappointed and by the Yelp reviews, the actual flight may be terrible as well. Beware flyers!!!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Booked 5 business class seats from Miami to Johannesburg and have a problem with the middle name on one ticket and after 8 weeks of being around in circles they have no solution and it looks like they will ruin our family vacation. They expect us to leave one person behind because of a middle name problem? Or spend $10,000 or more to correct it? Insane. So many many hours wasted in communication with them. The Spirit Airlines of international travel????

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

I called Latam to change the departure date of my trip. I had to call because this service was not available online, strange BTW as I bought my ticket online at Latam.com. OK, so I changed the date, the agent charged 237 USD to my credit card and then I received the new ticket (displaying the new date). However, 1 hour later I got an email from LATAM completely out of the blue asking for some details about a claim I never initiated. Then, I received another email with the e-ticket but this time showing the initial date for my departure. So, I called them again and they told me that the agent made a mistake when she changed my ticket and that she had to go back to the initial date. So, I had to request again the change of date and then they charged me again saying that they will refund what I paid for the previous cancelled change within 24-48 hours.

After 4 days, the credit card charge is still there, no refund and when I called back Latam they told me that I have to provide the details that were requested in the email they sent me. Such details include credit card number, my ID number, amount, etc. Hello?? If they cancelled the change of date I requested, is that difficult to generate a refund? I believe the agent who did it, did not not know what she was doing. How can this agent cancel the change after my credit card was charged and then do not even call me to explain the situation? The funny thing, is that the first thing they ask you is about your phone number in case they need to call you back.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Talking about bad service, Sandra ** the supervisor very rude. She is very condescending when she talks to a customer. The worst service ever. We paid for the extra baggage online and she kept refusing to honor that. She is the worst. The attorney general will know about this. She should work in a farm with pigs and cows. I can’t believe she has a job dealing with people. This happen in Boston.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

A colleague, my daughter, and I were denied boarding for advance purchase tickets purchased in November, 2018, for flights from Lima to Cuzco in July 2019 after flying from California to Lima. We arrived at the airport 2 hours prior to the flight to check in. The airline states that check-in occurs between 48 hours and 75 minutes prior to flight departure. Apparently they overbooked the flight and allowed passengers to board based on the timing of when they checked in. In our case, our seats were given away even though we attempted to check in 120 minutes in advance.

The remaining 9 people with whom we were meeting for a group tour in Cuzco had to wait for us to arrive on a flight 4 hours later. We were offered a voucher for McDonald's (which we don't eat) and $20/ticket or a $40 voucher for future LATAM flight. We did not accept this and filed a complaint that day. Over 7 weeks later, we received an email stating that we could receive $20/ticket or a $40 Latam voucher. I've had to make numerous calls as I received no response via email and now have to submit additional documentation for my daughter to receive the $20. Be aware of LATAM and make sure that you check in 48 hours in advance or they could bump you!!

Original review: July 5, 2019

This is the WORST airline I have ever encountered! My flight yesterday got interrupted because of a medical emergency with a family member stateside and I got stranded in Miami trying to get back home. I was sad and stressed and traumatized, and these unhelpful customer service reps were telling me over and over again that they simply could do nothing because I couldn’t provide medical documentation. I was on the phone with them for an a hour and then in their office in Miami for an additional hour.

My loved one was currently IN the emergency room, and I didn’t know the hospital. Even if I DID, should THIS be what I’m thinking about in an emergency? Their stupid policies??? I booked on them through Travelocity, so hopefully they can help me. But I am writing to CEOs of both LATAM and American Airlines (this partnership hurts the other carrier and makes them look bad), and reporting to anyone and everyone I can. DO NOT GIVE THESE CRIMINALS YOUR MONEY!!!

Original review: May 29, 2019

My wife and I traveled from Puerto Maldonado to Lima so we could board our flight with Sky Airlines (with a 4 hour layover) to Santiago on 10 May 2019. The flight was delayed by 4 hours and we were forced to fly from Maldonado to Cusco and then to Lima, which was still late anyways. No announcements were made when it was known that the flight was delayed, causing much panic and a fight for the front gates from passengers to figure out what was happening, causing a dangerous situation. They would begin a conversation with you and then move on to the next person without answering a question or just ditching you for someone else to talk to who.

One of the three girls was ignoring us and talking on her cell phone to her friend while fixing up her nails... Latam had other flights to Santiago they could have placed us on but because the next flight was with Sky Airlines they said they would not be accountable for our missed connection. While I understand that it is not required, most airlines will at the very least help you book another flight when there are open seats on a flight going to your destination regardless of whose airline you book on if the flight was late by 3+ hours as common courtesy.

We had to spend the night on the airport floor and were sent back and forth in and out of security because personnel would not call one another from the ticket booth to the counters and the gates. While my wife was handicapped and walking on crutches they did not offer assistance to make this easier for us. No food or water was provided to us in the trouble. We were told Latam's job is to "get you to your destination, but not at any particular time" and they warned that we should never book another flight on the same day. So the bar is set extremely low.

Otherwise a decent flight and the staff were great, except of course the company stripped them of any power based on the "we aren't allowed to do that" response from every question, including the supervisor who also had no power. Clearly they create walls for people to complain to and never actually want to deal with anything. They only care about their bottom line clearly. Hopefully if enough people complain it will affect their bottom line.

Original review: May 14, 2019

DO NOT fly LATAM Airlines!!! The most disgusting and poor customer service I have ever experienced. Flight delayed 4 hours then cancelled at 2am in the morning with little to no explanation or concern. Forced to get up at 6am only to be told we would not be on another flight until 17 hours later. Missed international connecting flights with an English speaking attendant ignoring us and saying she does not understand English. A further 2 hours to check back in. Was then given a travel voucher only for all three of our party to be missing the last number on the printed travel voucher.

Once back home in Australia we tried to claim expense of the voucher with completely incompetent staff who would pause and not answer a question that was asked for minutes at a time. Finally after much heartache was told the transfer was complete and would take no longer than 15 working days to show up in account.... Never showed up. Called/emailed multiple times to follow up only to get transferred to an alternative team member and told my case was still getting resolved. 4 months later no money has been transferred. Easily the worst experience I have ever had to endure in not only an airline but any form of customer service. I REPEAT.... NEVER TRAVEL WITH THIS AIRLINE.

Original review: March 31, 2019

My wife and I were on flight 8053 which was delayed for about an hour before take-off. We had a tight connecting flight at Sao Paulo to Boston. During the flight, I waited until refreshments were served because I wanted to inform the attendants of our situation. When the attendants were free, I tried to speak to an attendant, but he shut the curtain in my face saying "the compartment is closed" in English. At the end of the flight, I tried again to get some assistance, but he once again rudely brushed me off saying "You'll be fine" even though he knew nothing about our connecting flight. In addition, this same attendant closed the curtain to "the compartment" even though my wife and I had been waiting in line for 30 minutes to use the bathroom. He stated that there were 2 more bathrooms at the other end of the plane which had a line of more than 10 people already waiting.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Latin American airlines actually provide food for their customers, and seem more flexible in their approach to their customers. You feel more like a human being rather than a poor person who had to fly economy.

Original review: March 10, 2019

I bought a ticket at 11pm on the 5th. After realizing I had made a mistake, I called to make a correction on the 6th. After creating a case, I received an email that I had started my case at 7:15 pm with no extra information. I called the next day and was told, "Your claim is still being processed." Then I get an email saying that my claim wasn't made within 24 hours. But after looking at my email and trying to explain to the man on the phone it says claim made on Mar 6th 2019, he said it was made at 0015 on the 7th. He was clearly trying to place the blame on me, their customer. I still have this email. But no resolving of my request.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I bought a flexible ticket (the option that allows you to reschedule your flight free of charge) from Belo Horizonte to Sao Paolo (February 2019). My flight was due to leave in the late afternoon and I was coming by bus from a different town, headed for Belo Horizonte. There was an accident on the road and hours prior to my arrival in the city I knew I wouldn't make it on time. 3 to 4 hours before the departure time, I sent a message to the customer service, informing them of the situation and inquiring about later flights (I could use data but I couldn't call anyone since I was in Brazil only for a few days and I bought a data only package). I tried different options, sent messages to different Latam offices. The earliest reply came in a day later (I had to go by overnight bus to make sure I could reach my destination on time). I complained to the help centre again... The only reply I got was one that stated that they had taken note of my problem...that was it.

Original review: March 5, 2019

Latam canceled my original flight for the 21 of dec. Thru American airlines a flight in had to go to bogota for medical reasons. Based on their cancellation I told them that I needed to go to Bogota for medical reasons. After numerous attempts and back and forth emails I was able to obtain a voucher for the $606 the cost of my original ticket good until dec 19 2019. Now it's March 2019 I need to make the reservation. I go to latam and see the flight I need for $484. When I call to make the reservation they told me that they were going to charge me full price of the ticket and also that I had to pay a fee of $48. They are taking advantage of the situation. This is truly unethical. DO NOT FLY LATAM...YOU WILL REGRET IT. DO NOT FLY LATAM.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

An airline that constantly has to deal with problems caused by their inadequate systems, that is constantly understaffed, and a few staff members at their check-in counters are ill-equipped to deal with international passengers, since only a handful speak a bit of English. This is at the international airport in Sao Paolo!!! Their "priority" check-in counter only had one person attending, meaning I had to wait for more than an hour to check in (no online check-in options traveling to Australia). Once I got to the counter, the completely uninterested staff member told me that my flight departing 07:25 does not exist and that I will be leaving at 09:30. Not even showing him the booking confirmation could convince him that 07:35 exists!!! Try to explain that by not catching that flight, I would miss my connection to Australia in Santiago. I could have been talking to the wall with more success...

Finally he found my flight, issued my boarding passes and looked away as I ran towards the passport control. Nearly missed my flights! Dead tired, frustrated and enraged by "I don't care" attitude... Great way to start a 23-hour journey back to Australia. And as I am writing this, my wife, who was going to catch the same flight today, just lost her flight to Santiago and with that her connection to Sydney. Only 2 check-in counters, checking in hundreds of passengers, many of whom with some kind of problem, so no quick and easy check-in process.

When they asked all of the passengers on her flight to come forward and jump the queue, it was too late. The flight was closed, and she now has to travel the following day via Melbourne to Sydney, extending the journey by 3 ½ hours!!! I have never had to deal with more incompetent bunch of people! Sadly, flying from Australia, for us this is the only option unless we want to spend 36 hours traveling in order to bypass LATAM. Sad sad sad...

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Appears this airline bumps passengers at will when they oversell their flights. They bumped us as they oversold the flight. At the airport they were incredibly unhelpful. They offered zero compensation, failed to provide any information about compensation and only offered to put us up at hotel. They then booked us on a flight the next day at a very early hour claiming it was the only flight the next day. Asked for the Holiday Inn hotel at the airport and the so called manager claimed it was sold out. When I showed him it was available he suddenly could not longer speak English.

Since then I wrote seeking compensation according to the relevant legislation they post on their website. They claimed they do not comply with that legislation. When I referenced it on their website, the next response was, "In your particular case, your ticket shows domestic flights within Chile, therefore we must apply the local regulations, as established by the Chilean Aeronautic Code. Unfortunately the website is only available in Spanish." The compensation they have offered is less than the costs of the tickets we bought. They also did not comply by seeking volunteers. They claim they did but they would not even allow us to go to the gate. They refuse to tell us the fare difference between the flight we paid for and flight they put us on. So going to sue them in Canada where the ticket was purchased.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

WE are a family of four that travels regularly to Brazil and made a decision as a family to spend 2018 Christmas and new years there, I bought and PAID our tickets and got our seats confirmation in September 2018. When it came time to travel and for LATAM to deliver the goods, they not only didn't do it, they made it clear that they didn't care about it, by just blaming everything and everyone. Our paid for and assigned seats were ignored, our seats were resold for a higher price and we were assigned seats scattered all over in our way to Brazil, they had our 9 year old sitting by himself on the 10 hour overnight flight. On the way back it got worse, they only had 2 of our 4 seats in their system, after 3 hours waiting in the very disruptive, uncomfortable and unprofessional environment, they again assigned last minutes ticket scattered all over the back of the plane.

When I reached out to ask for an explanation and give them a chance to correct the situation, they asked me for all kinds of information and docs, and receipts, they even asked to see a bank statement showing the tickets payment, after I supplied everything, they came back and told me that they're sorry, that it was a system and agent error and that was nothing they could do about it. Unbelievable, stay away, buy from someone that cares, if they treat their customer this way, how do they treat the maintenance of their planes?? Think about it!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

They should not allow them to operate in the U.S. My wife went to Peru to do a lipo. She was suggested by her surgeon to stay one more week in order to make sure everything is ok. She called customer service and they changed her ticket (extra fee obviously). Flight was confirmed and everything was ok until she arrived to airport. The lady working in the counter started to asking medical questions to my wife in order to determine if she can fly, yes medical questions. After that, the same lady called an airline doctor (whom is not there) and tell him whatever my wife told her.

The doctor, after diagnosed her on the phone decided that she cannot fly despite the fact that she is holding a certificate from her surgeon stating that she is in excellent condition and allow to fly. The doctor suggest that she fill a form called medif. Now, in order to this medif be valid it must be approved by him (trying to justify his fee) and it has to be fill and sign by surgeon (understandable) the same that issued an "allow to fly certificate". This form needs to be send 48 hours before fly and has to be approved by "airline doctor" which is not the lady in counter. Moreover, the day after she was supposed to fly they open a case number, so you have to give that number every time you call or talk to "customer service" that provide not service because they have not authority to take decision, they just listen.

This happens when you put some nonsense individuals to follow directions from a big company that see you as a number. They are inconsiderate, disrespectful and discourteous believing that they have some kind of authority. Making a long story short, it will take over 72 hours if you are lucky to get my wife back to U.S., So forget it, we end it buying a same day ticket from a different airline. In conclusion, it is an airline flying to United States which organization and procedures are from an undeveloped country. Do not use it.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

LATAM issued me and my family with travel vouchers as compensation for them overbooking my flight and the subsequent inconvenience/delays caused as we were unable to board. I have subsequently tried to obtain a refund as stated in the travel voucher. This has been the most painful process as they are very hard to get in touch with. Keep asking for ridiculous additional information. Calling their 1800 number is useless as nobody answers. Suggest steer clear of LATAM Airlines.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I keep emailing LATAM Airlines and their mailing system doesn't seem to work. I keep getting 'we have created a case for you'. You cancelled my flight and I need to be reimbursed urgently. Terrible service!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

On June 7th, 2018 I called the LATAM Customer service about my baggage allowance for a Flight to Bucaramanga, Colombia. I was told by the LATAM customer service representative that I was allowed 2 bags under 23kg, I mentioned that I was playing a Golf Tournament in Bucaramanga and I was going to take a luggage bag under 23kg and a golf bag under 23kg, the LATAM Customer representative confirmed that it was allowed.

So, I got a huge surprise at Check-In in Miami when I was FORCED to pay $100 for the Golf Bag for being a sporting equipment bag, this is ridiculous since that it is not the case in other airlines and I bought the airline ticket under false pretense!!! On my return flight from Bucaramanga, I got a bigger surprise, when I was charged a HIGHER fee this time, $119.27. WHY? Why do you have this thievery and discrepancies? This is wrong, that I bought an airline ticket under false pretenses!! Also, the food service was awful, the plane was dirty and it looked like it was poorly maintained. My seat on the return flight was lost, seat 13L. They only provide entertainment via an application and the seats have NO charge connections for the IPAD or Phone!!

LATAM Airlines Company Information