2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.69/5

SWISS International Air Lines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SWISS International Air Lines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SWISS International Air Lines?

Original review: July 29, 2020

In Sept 2019 my wife & I booked and paid for return tickets from Heathrow to Capetown, departing on 19 March 2020 returning 28 April 2020. On 17th March Swiss Air e-mailed us to say our flight had been cancelled due to coronavirus. The travel agents have been trying to get some form of commitment from Swiss Air as to when we can expect to be refunded, all to no avail. The Travel agent this afternoon advised us that they will be refunded after 6 mths. from date of flight!

I am sure we are not the only ones with this problem and feel that such unethical actions should not be allowed to continue. If Swiss air do make the refunds, they will of had use of our money, and that of others for a minimum of six mths. interest free. I am writing this complaint not only to express my utter disgust with Swiss air's total lack of ethics, but also in the hope that it will help others from being involved in such shameless exploitation. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

Attempted to cancel a flight for a family of 4, youngest member 8 months old, to Italy, in light of coronavirus. February 25th 2020. Coronavirus number in Italy went from 3 people to over 500 in 4 days. Flight outbound LAX ZRH FCO. Cdc placed italy on a level 2 alert. The only country at level 1 was China. Went to website. No phone number. No email address. Used a web form. Nothing. Repeated x 2. Nothing. Found a phone number. Called. "Too busy, we'll call you back." Waited 24 hours. Zero calls back. Called again. Held for a while. Spoke to someone. No refund possible. No supervisor available to escalate to. Called back again. Supervisor!! Asked for the reasons cancelling a reservation and refund to the current hotspot the coronavirus was "not possible?" He hung up on me. Literally hung up. Click.

Karma. We dont check in, we dont board. The flight leaves, develops mechanical problems, diverts back to departure airport, and is cancelled. We are issued a refund. Not because they wanted to. But because the plane mechanically failed. This is a soulless enterprise. You are not their customer, you are a provider of cash to fund their profit. Customer service is offshored. They read off scripts. And apparently hanging up on you is in the script. They are not in the EU so are not subject to typical EU laws that make others behave more humanely towards customers. They will not survive for long; such hubris and incompetence is typically met with a commensurate downfall. Do not fly them. Do not consider flying them. If this prevents one family from making the mistake of trusting SWISS, then the time writing this review has been well spent.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I recently booked a flight with Swiss Airlines and, due to unforeseen circumstances, had to cancel very soon after. I had no problem gaining a refund from the travel agency I booked through, however Swiss airlines would not refund the additional baggage I purchased on their website. So I have spent over 75chf on baggage I will not use. Come on, refund your customers. Poor.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

I was booking a flight from Skopje to Geneva with Swiss Airlines on their official website. They charged my Visa Card, but did not issue me a booking reference. I called their customer service, they were rude, unhelpful and impolite. I wrote them several e-mails and they have been keeping me on hold for almost a week. In the meantime the prices of the flights have gone up. They are saying they will most probably return my money, but they ignored me completely when I mentioned the increased price of the flights that I need to rebook. Meanwhile, I am still waiting to hear from the customer service when they are going to return my money (if they do at all). They behave like it is my fault for what happened, very frustrating!!!! I am reporting a fraud to my bank tomorrow and I will never use Swiss Air again! Never!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I was on 2 Swiss Airline flights from Madrid to Zurich and Zurich to Singapore. I booked business class seats for both flights and the food was terrible. Only offer was fish which I dont eat and was told by the steward that there was nothing else so I was so angry paying for business class and no food to eat.

Original review: July 23, 2019

My wife and I traveled Budapest-Zurich-Delhi. Swiss re-routed us at Zurich (they had delayed Budapest-Zurich flight and we missed the connection) Zurich-Copenhagen-Delhi by Air India. My 2 bags did not arrive and were delivered 2 and 3 days later. For compensation Swiss pushes me to Air India and AI says they cannot compensate me because I do not have an Air India ticket. What a pathetic state of affairs. We had traveled business class. Never again with these horrible set of people.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Awful detained luggage, at the airport they said they would refund the purchase of first-aid goods I bought for $ 15, and we wrote to a manager and rude without damages! I have been chatting for a week now. In response, silence! I am writing to the country office and Instagram, silence! Terribly disgusting, lies and rudeness.

Original review: May 6, 2019

NEVER AGAIN! They canceled my ticket and never let me know, so when I came to airport, I found out that my ticket was canceled 2 month ago... I was very upset, all my plans was destroyed... THE WORST AIRLINES...

Original review: March 29, 2019

I flew with Swiss from Zurich to Bangkok, a 12 hour flight. The service was extremely poor. Apart from a dinner meal service about 1.5 hours into the flight, and a breakfast service shortly before landing, there was absolutely no service for approximately 9 hours. No one came to offer drinks or service of any kind! No stewardess or steward could be seen. Incredible.

On top of this, a stewardess stepped on my glasses which had fallen to the floor in my sleep. They were damaged beyond repair. The stewardess gave me a damage claim form to fill out. She never came back to collect the form, until I complained after several hours. Three weeks later, I had not heard anything about my claim for damages. I wrote to the Swiss "customer service". After days I received a reply saying "Swiss thinks that it was your fault for letting your glasses fall to the floor. Therefore we pay only 50% of the cost."

I complained that this is ridiculous, that the stewardess broke the glasses, not me. What is even more incredible, the glasses had only a value of less than $50. Swiss airlines is obviously so cheap that it wants to save $25 in compensating a passenger for negligence in Swiss's employee's behaviour! Incredible how incredibly cheap, insulting and insensitive this airline is to its customers!

I complained further that this was not right. The response from SWISS was effectively "We don't care what you want. Take the money we offer, or shut-up." This is incredibly insulting. Incredibly poor customer service. I would recommend to everyone that you DO NOT fly SWISS airlines. With such terrible customer service, you could have a terrible experience, as I did.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We purchased seats on a flight from Zurich to Montreal. In Prague we received an email that our flight to Zurich was delayed and we would miss our flight out of Zurich and therefore we were rerouted via Munich. No problem, but we tried to get a refund for the seats we paid for and through no fault of ours we couldn’t use. It’s not a lot of money as compared to some complaints, but for over a year I have not been able to speak or receive any emails back. In North America, no agent will talk with you regarding customer service. There is 1 phone #, and that is for buying tickets or changing tickets. Any complaints and you have to email, but...I have tried and every time my session runs out and I have to start over. They are not interest in hearing any complaints, and I sure won’t fly them ever again.

SWISS International Air Lines Company Information