3.67/5

Looking for a travel site?

SWISS International Air Lines

Looking for a travel site?

SWISS International Air Lines Reviews

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I was on 2 Swiss Airline flights from Madrid to Zurich and Zurich to Singapore. I booked business class seats for both flights and the food was terrible. Only offer was fish which I dont eat and was told by the steward that there was nothing else so I was so angry paying for business class and no food to eat.

Original review: July 23, 2019

My wife and I traveled Budapest-Zurich-Delhi. Swiss re-routed us at Zurich (they had delayed Budapest-Zurich flight and we missed the connection) Zurich-Copenhagen-Delhi by Air India. My 2 bags did not arrive and were delivered 2 and 3 days later. For compensation Swiss pushes me to Air India and AI says they cannot compensate me because I do not have an Air India ticket. What a pathetic state of affairs. We had traveled business class. Never again with these horrible set of people.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2019

Awful detained luggage, at the airport they said they would refund the purchase of first-aid goods I bought for $ 15, and we wrote to a manager and rude without damages! I have been chatting for a week now. In response, silence! I am writing to the country office and Instagram, silence! Terribly disgusting, lies and rudeness.

Original review: May 6, 2019

NEVER AGAIN! They canceled my ticket and never let me know, so when I came to airport, I found out that my ticket was canceled 2 month ago... I was very upset, all my plans was destroyed... THE WORST AIRLINES...

Original review: March 29, 2019

I flew with Swiss from Zurich to Bangkok, a 12 hour flight. The service was extremely poor. Apart from a dinner meal service about 1.5 hours into the flight, and a breakfast service shortly before landing, there was absolutely no service for approximately 9 hours. No one came to offer drinks or service of any kind! No stewardess or steward could be seen. Incredible.

On top of this, a stewardess stepped on my glasses which had fallen to the floor in my sleep. They were damaged beyond repair. The stewardess gave me a damage claim form to fill out. She never came back to collect the form, until I complained after several hours. Three weeks later, I had not heard anything about my claim for damages. I wrote to the Swiss "customer service". After days I received a reply saying "Swiss thinks that it was your fault for letting your glasses fall to the floor. Therefore we pay only 50% of the cost."

I complained that this is ridiculous, that the stewardess broke the glasses, not me. What is even more incredible, the glasses had only a value of less than $50. Swiss airlines is obviously so cheap that it wants to save $25 in compensating a passenger for negligence in Swiss's employee's behaviour! Incredible how incredibly cheap, insulting and insensitive this airline is to its customers!

I complained further that this was not right. The response from SWISS was effectively "We don't care what you want. Take the money we offer, or shut-up." This is incredibly insulting. Incredibly poor customer service. I would recommend to everyone that you DO NOT fly SWISS airlines. With such terrible customer service, you could have a terrible experience, as I did.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SWISS International Air Lines?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We purchased seats on a flight from Zurich to Montreal. In Prague we received an email that our flight to Zurich was delayed and we would miss our flight out of Zurich and therefore we were rerouted via Munich. No problem, but we tried to get a refund for the seats we paid for and through no fault of ours we couldn’t use. It’s not a lot of money as compared to some complaints, but for over a year I have not been able to speak or receive any emails back. In North America, no agent will talk with you regarding customer service. There is 1 phone #, and that is for buying tickets or changing tickets. Any complaints and you have to email, but...I have tried and every time my session runs out and I have to start over. They are not interest in hearing any complaints, and I sure won’t fly them ever again.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I tried to make online reservation for 2 adults and 1 infant but I am not able to purchase a seat for my infant. I called the customer service and was told I need to make my 2 adult reservation online and call to add a seat for my infant. I did so (after many times of failed attempt due to their system error) and called, I waited and got disconnected several times and finally got to speak to someone. At first, the rep did not hear my request clearly but added an infant on lap. I restated and she cancelled it and added a seat for my baby with a fare that is higher than an adult. It makes no sense to me and she said she has added a higher class of seat. I told her I want the same class of mine and she made the correction. It ended up costing $10 more than a full adult fare because of there is a $10 fee for booking by phone. It is not reasonable since I was not able to do it online.

Ok, fine, I can pay for that just want to finish the booking and not want to deal with the customer service anymore. She finally finished making the reservation for me, but instead of adding her to my reservation, it is a separate reservation for my baby. I was worry about not being treated as a family or not able to sit together or anything goes wrong. I just feel unsecured to have my baby on a separate reservation on her own. She said I can pay extra to select seats in order to make sure we can sit together. This is ridiculous!

She said we can not be on the same reservation because we are not booking at the same time! I have flew with other airlines and they added my baby to my reservation with no problem. It is their fault for not being able to book a seat for infant online. She offered cancelling all my reservations and asked me to go online and purchase it again, with faking a date of birth of my baby (make it above 2 years old), then call back to change the DOB. The whole thing is ridiculous. My conclusion is SWISS does not care of their customer and does not care your business. The system and staff they have are so outdated and not human.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

Went to visit the family in Switzerland, my last name in my ticket wasn’t the same as my last name in my passport. Did my part, sent them all my legal documents. An agent told me everything will be okay. Just present my Marriage Contract, but that didn’t happen. Had a lot of troubles in the airport. To make things worst I am with my 2 year old daughter. Called and filed complaint but never heard anything from them. Really unacceptable service. Talked to a lot of agents doesn’t even know what they’re doing. Not going to recommend this Airline.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

Purchased roundtrip ticket with connecting flights. Half way home at MUC airport I learned SWISS cancelled my last connecting confirmed flight home, without my knowledge, consent, notification. Had to buy another ticket. Mortified! Unfair! Money stealer! Traumatized!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Been traveling for over 45 years. Worst airline that I ever traveled in. Extremely tight seating and worst possible customer service. Without going any further take my advice... Avoid a major headache. DO NOT TRAVEL WITH SWISS AIR. You will be very disappointed.

SWISS International Air Lines Company Information