Northbrook, IL

1.3/5 (123 ratings)

About Shell Vacations Club

Shell Vacations Club Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shell Vacations Club?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shell Vacations Club?

Original review: May 30, 2022

My husband and I purchased two timeshares from Shell Vacations Club which Shell has now sold to Wyndham Vacations Club. Wyndham has now informed us that unless we purchase into their program we can only go use the properties that we bought at. That is not the terms of the purchase agreement that we signed with Shell Vacations Club. It was that we purchased so many points and we could use it at Shell Vacations Club properties. We should not have to go into another debt in order to able to use what we already paid for. Now they want us to continue paying dues for only two properties when we were supposed to be able have access to at minimum 20-30 properties. We both feel that they have now broke the contract and are not upholding to their part of the deal, but want us to keep paying our monthly dues to maintain their properties.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Have been trying to negotiate arrears with maintenance fees. There is no negotiating! While being not current, loss of points banked and paid for. Can’t exit program until current. If I get current just to qualify to get out of this messy terrible “timeshare” I will still lose. Just the worst feeling of paying for nothing in return.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

Shell vacations is one of the most SCANDALOUS companies I have ever been involved with. Do not waste your time and your hard earned money. Shell held me in a “short” presentation for over 2 hours. I am a physician and made it very known that I wanted to be able to travel to Nepal for medical mission work. They assured me I could do it using points but you need an astronomical amount of points to travel to Nepal. I attended another presentation that they told me was a “owner update” and they told me, "Oh this isn't right. The last person probably didn't know what they were doing!" Well it feels like nobody at Shell knows what they are doing and it's costing me money! I’d much rather use that money to pay towards the medical mission trips to help those less fortunate than the greedy people at Shell Vacations.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

Wyndham is full of scam artists. Don’t fall for their lies. I have been completely disappointed by Wyndham, their product, and staff. We were lied to from day 1 in our presentation. The sales reps were pushy and gave us false information to trick us in to buying a timeshare. When we said we wanted to vacation near Universal Studios, our salesman said we’d be able to get discounted park tickets as owners, but that never happened. My husband and I REPEATEDLY told them we could not afford to purchase the timeshare but that did not stop them! All they did was offer smaller packages with lower prices no matter how many times we said that my husband was not currently employed.

They offered a $20,000 contract and lied saying we could refinance the loan. I told them we still could not afford a down payment, so they opened a credit card in my husband’s name! No matter how many times I asked if there were cancellation option, I got the same answer, we could cancel any time. Again, not true! When we finally caved, because we had been there for hours, we were rushed through the contract and just shown where to sign.

Original review: July 9, 2021

We were SVC members for about 15 years. In the beginning we really enjoyed it, but once Wyndham came into the picture, things changed. In 2016, during our membership update, we were told that we could join Wyndham now or stay an SVC member forever. We decided to join Wyndham at that point. To join Wyndham, we had to buy more points. At our membership update in 2019, we asked why we could not make any Wyndham reservations. The Shell/Wyndham person working with us said they were more like "Side door members of Wyndham." Yes that is a quote. If we wanted to be able to use our Wyndham membership, we would have to upgrade our membership by buying more points.

When we took objection this this statement, we were immediately joined by another Shell/Wyndham rep stating that my wife and I did not understand what we purchased in 2016. Honesty is very important to us as it is to most people, so that was our last trip to our timeshare. Through a family member, we found out about the Wyndham Cares program and we surrendered our membership to Wyndham. I do have to say Wyndham was easy to work with through this process. But I can also say that I have no regrets in surrendering my membership.

Original review: May 26, 2021

BEWARE! If you are thinking of buying into a timeshare at Inn at the Opera, please think twice. Once they have you they disappear out of the picture leaving you holding the bag. We owned a week at the Inn at the Opera for many years. We are getting on in age and do not travel much anymore so we decided to deed it back to Shell Vacations (now also known as Wyndham Vacation Resorts). The transaction was completed in March 2020. When we received the annual property tax bill from the City of San Francisco, we sent it to Wyndham/Shell to accepted ownership of the property. Apparently, they ignored it.

Now we receive a penalty notice for not paying. When I called Wyndham/Shell, I just get the runaround. They cannot tell me what they did once they took our property back. They have no proof that they sent it to the title company to transfer the title. It's been a nightmare and we're in a bind. If we don't pay the property tax bill, they will not only penalize us, but they will eventually place a lien. Shell/Wyndham sells timeshares at the Inn at the Opera. Timeshares are very seductive but please learn from our mistake and know that Shell/Wyndham is a huge rip off.

Original review: May 11, 2021

I have not been able to use my timeshare for Shell because of my limited travel due to covid. I had called in and a lady told me as a courtesy they moves points to RCI for members and that I had 2 years to use the points. She also informed me that I had to pay exchange fees to use my points from RCI. Later found out my points expired and I can't get them back. They will not credit my points back that I lost for 2020. This is terrible customer service and very disappointing considering how expensive the timeshare is. I discourage anyone from buying timeshare! It's not worth it!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2020

We have fallen for every lie Shell has told us. They are dishonest about everything they do within their company. Their answer to every issue we have ever brought to their attention is to “buy more points”. We put our trust in this company and they have put us in over our heads and refuse to help. The way our ownership was sold to us is not at all what we have experienced. This company is lying, manipulative, and what they do to people should be illegal. If we could give them less than 1 star we definitely would.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

This is the most unsatisfying ways to think you will be able to save and or travel. I have been a member for many years with many points and have realized it is a complete WASTE. Every time I want to book it is not available, costs more than internet price, no one has answers if you have questions .. very frustrating! DO NOT join this group or any part of the Wyndham group as well. IF you really would like to join, please get with me and I will be happy to get you some of my points at a very discounted rate. BTW don’t think you are going to any exclusive/all inclusive resort.. They charge you double to triple than internet prices.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2020

Last August I decided to give back my timeshare at the end at the opera in San Francisco. I was told it could take up to eight weeks to complete all the paperwork and have a new deed recorded. In the last five months I have contacted them three times and have been told that the deed was sent to the word Recorders office but that office is so slow that it could take eight months to transfer a title out of my name.

I am a retired real estate attorney and have dealt with recording offices across the country. No office is that slow. I suspect the truth of the matter is that they did not send it because that would Incur recording fees and possibly transfer taxes. Furthermore I do not believe they have any intention of recording a new deed until they find a buyer for my timeshare. They are not going to transfer it from my name to their name and then to the name of a new buyer. That would double their costs. If it is not recorded in the next 10 days I intend to contact consumer affairs for the state of California.

Shell Vacations Club Company Information