1.41/5
  • 1 star
Based on 97 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution
Discover a great timeshare now
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 18, 2017

113 Shell Vacations Club Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

RUN - HANG UP IF THEY CALL... NEVER, NEVER, BUY FROM SHELL/WYNDHAM. We have owned through Shell Vacations Club for more than ten years. They will only speak to you when you are "buying" more points!! Now that they are owned by Wyndham - things have only gotten worse. We purchased a friends/family getaway "supposedly to try out Wyndham properties". It was not, it was Shell and we continued to be told the problem would be corrected once they viewed the telephone recording of the salesperson. They could never get the recordings and therefore were never able to "HONOR" what we were sold.

We are out $300.00, our friends would not go to any of these getaways after it ruined our "Christmas trip away". We allowed them time to correct the error - too much time was given and we were unable to dispute the charge through our credit card company which I am sure was what they were hoping for. I completely understand why they have such a poor rating. We are stuck with ownership in a company that does not value their owners. It is all about money. Don't waste your money!!! I only wish we had done more research before falling into this trap.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Shell Vacations Club/Wyndham - I almost feel that I'm wasting my time, because obviously there are so many disgruntled members. DON'T BUY THIS. The fees keep going up. Now they charge housekeeping fees, so it's another $50 added to your stays. If you really think you need to buy a timeshare, go to their presentation, get the free gift, and then be smart and make your purchase for $1 on eBay.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

We had Shell Vacations timeshares for 15 years and had been able to use it twice. When we got it it was suppose to be for the high season that meant summers, Christmas, Easter cause we have kids. We were able to used it the first time in the summer and the other time we couldn't get a resort so they ended up giving us a credit card for $800 that we could use at any hotel, when we had paid $2,400 that year. At the time we got it they said once we paid it off the maintenance fees weren't gonna be much but they have increase from $370 to $1200.

We want to sell but can't. Any class A lawsuit please get in touch with me. We tried selling the timeshare and shell vacation gave us the name of someone who could help us sell but they just cheated us out of $500. We are tired of throwing $$ to the garbage and feel like we're stuck with the timeshare. Please help us, I became disable some years ago and it's hard to know that we have to pay for something we don't even use.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I have on my timeshare since ~1998. In the beginning it was a great investment. Over time it has become worse and worse. Most recently I called to see if I can get a room at the inn at the park in San Diego. They have one room. However I was charged $17.50 twice and also a $25 housekeeping fee. Only to find out that I was not able to get the room and they still put through charges. If I had not checked my credit card statement I would have to charge at least $60 with no knowledge. My advice is do not ever purchase a timeshare from them.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I owned my time share and had paid extra money to keep my maintenance fees paid. We had to give the time share "property" back to them because of financial difficulties. I was told that I would receive the money that I over paid once the deed was transferred back to them, minus the 2 months it took to be transferred. When I did not receive the check after the closing, I called them and they said I had to request the $700.00 before the closing. So they lied to me and kept my money for a service I did not receive. Aside from the fact that a time share "property" is of, at best dubious value, (lesson learned) the fact that they volunteered the information that we had over-paid on maintenance fees and then reneged isn't surprising. It's just disgusting, especially given the fact that they were aware of the financial difficulties our family is undergoing. When the vacation industry begins to resemble the health care and banking industries, how screwed is our nation!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Shell Vacations Club?

Original review: April 5, 2017

We've had our points for about 12 years. In the beginning it was great. Maintenance fees were reasonable and reservations were easy to make. We were told our maintenance fees would not increase. Big Lie. They have grown to $1800 a year since we joined, which is about $200 a night. We were told it would be less than hotels. Another lie. Fees jumped way up since Wyndham bought them out. We can't use Wyndham facilities unless we purchase more points. If someone has a class action suit against them, please include us.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I'm so disappointed in Shell Vacation Club. I used to love being a member (since 2007). However, they have now been purchased and the only thing I can say is: Greed and outrageous Fees. My fees are $3,879 a year, which averages out to be almost $200 a night. Their maintenance fees continue to increase dramatically yearly and their Club fee and AOAO fees are crazy high. None of their facilities justify that amount. Sorry I made a mistake. Please take my advice, don't listen to their sales pitch. They told me my fees would stay pretty much the same, as when I purchased the timeshare. Not truthful... Caution.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

We have owned a membership in Shell Vacations Club since 2006. At the time we purchased Shell was partnered with RCI as their exchange partner and continued this partnership for several years. We never had a problem getting a reservation for the preferred time and location when RCI was the exchange partner. This all changed when SVC partnered with Interval International. Since II has become the exchange partner we have not been able to book our preferred destination and have been continually told that we need to book at least a year in advance to do so.

This tells me that Interval does not have near the inventory that RCI had and I believe that I have been cheated given the fact that I had no say so in this change. I made my initial purchase with SVC in good faith and believe SVC should do all they can to replace Interval with RCI as their exchange partner. Prior to SVC partnering with Interval, I would have recommended SVC to friends, however I would not do so now given my experience with Interval International. I would welcome the opportunity to participate in a class action suit on this subject.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

We bought a timeshare with Shell Vacations Club, thinking we could get a higher grade accommodation for a fixed reasonable cost however we soon found out we had been misled. Using your points has been nothing but onerous, the maintenance fees never stop and are not that cheap and subject to increase at SVC discretion. The whole system is set up to protect the SVC at the expense of the "owners".

What was implied by the salesperson was far different from what the contracts actually said. The contractual fees are all subject to change and getting any straightforward answers on anything is an epic task that bards will sing about for generations to come. We paid out our timeshare cost in full but still have not received the promissory note that was supposed to be sent to us, once all was paid. I rolled our points from one year to another and now, according to the site, I don't seem to have any points for this year. All in all, our experience to this point has been terrible. I need a vacation to deal with the stress of dealing with SVC. If you are thinking about purchasing, run away while you still can.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

Pressured to buy points in 2008 with my then girlfriend at age 25. It was financial suicide that I just didn't understand at the time. It amazes me that my 23 year old college girlfriend and I were in their target demographic and that we qualified for something like this. With the cost of yearly maintenance fees, I could pay for the same vacation stay and save myself $20,000 for the initial purchase price. I have demanded my money back over the years but have given up. I would love to find a way to get my initial purchase refunded. Their sales practices and targeting are not above board and shouldn't be allowed to continue. I'm sure there are no shortage of people who have been preyed on. Class action lawsuit? I think this is the only way to get the message through. Every time I think about this, it makes me sick to my stomach.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

I have own Shell Vacations Timeshare since 2004. I kept paying for maintenance fee + Shell Vacations fee every year and used it only twice. I discovered that buying all inclusive vacation on your own, is a lot cheaper than using your timeshare. How can I get rid of it? Will management take it back for free?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2016

Our experience has been similar to Bryn's. The difference is that our maintenance fees - we started with two weeks at Mountainside Lodge about 20 years ago and later converted to 11,800 points - are now around $3,000. Based on Expedia prices we can buy our two weeks (in ski season) for about that amount. So the payment we made for the timeshare has been devalued to zero. If fees increase further with more and more owners defaulting, and bad debt being covered by those remaining, we will have to join the defaulters. Who is interested in forming a group in the Seattle area to compare experiences, study the options, and combine to take action? (Note on star ratings: although the Lodge itself is delightful - we enjoy our visits - we can't possibly recommend SVC.)

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

If you are thinking about buying points in Shell Vacations, run!! Get out of there as quickly as you can. We bought our membership in California about 10 years ago and our yearly fees have increased and the service has gotten worse and worse. Even if I call months in advance I have been unable to get rooms in the areas I am going and when we did get a place to stay we shared the space with mice. When I have called to ask about services I was promised when we signed up they don't seem to be available anymore. I have tried to talk to someone at Shell about our membership and I get the runaround or get treated rudely. If I had to do this all over again I would get out of that room as quickly as I could. They take your money but do not do anything in return to satisfy their customers.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

I have been an owner for 14 years now, I bought while living in Hawaii. When I lived in Hawaii I had no problem. I moved to the mainland and between RCI and now Interval, I can never get a reservation where I want to stay. Even if its 10 months in advance. The only place around where I live in Florida and the east coast is Disney World area. Sorry, I don't need a place to stay there. I'm paying a lot of money in maintenance fees for something I cannot use.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

We went to this timeshare presentation for the 2nd time ONLY because the lady at the front desk talked us into it. We were fully prepared to invest once I finished school and in fact we were just about to change our mind and invest in the small package now. Diane who came to "help" Steve became incredibly rude towards us. Well Steve, you were amazing Sir. Diane, congrats on losing a sale. Next time don't be so closed minded and rude.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2016

When we bought our timeshare we were guaranteed members of R.C.I. So we bought another timeshare that was part of Interval International so we would have more places to go. Wyndham bought or took over Shell Vacations and Shell "dropped" R.C.I. and we became limited members (gold) of I.I. Now we have 2 I.I. memberships. We can't become Platinum members via Shell Vacations unless we upgrade to their elite program OR BUY MORE POINTS. My "contract" included R.C.I. no I.I.

I understand they can INCLUDE more but how can they SUBTRACT FROM a contract without resigning from both parties. Example if I have a contract that say a plumber is to install a Kohler toilet made in U.S.A. with a 10 year contract How can they simply change that and install cheaper made toilet made in china - Without having me resign a contract. Shell should at the least be made to "buy" back those contracts at the original or current prices and/or include a lifetime I.I. platinum membership and eliminate future maintenance fees.

The conflict of interest comes when I found out Wyndham also owns R.C.I. I am surprised no lawyer has checked into this. Funny thing (fyi) we were in Branson and went to a Wyndham timeshare viewing again and they offered to buy our other timeshare but wouldn't trade or buy the timeshare from S.V.C. I like my other timeshare and I paid extra directly to I.I. to be a Platinum Member plus I have bought 3 R.C.I. cruise packages. We have enjoyed them all.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

My ex-wife and I bought two weeks of timeshare at Mt. Side Lodge in Whistler 20 years ago. The first 10 years went well and we were pleased. Our maintenance fee was only Canadian $240 / week / year. Then the original owners sold to Shell Vacations and the problems began. First, the maintenance fees started increasing and they have not stopped going up. Today, the maintenance fee is Canadian $1150 / week / year. So, combining our yearly maintenance fee with a yearly amortized amount of our original down payment of $14,000 for 50 years of membership, we are paying the same rate as we can get on Expedia. Only Expedia would be better. We would not be obliged to stay the full 7 days and we could book any week in the winter without having to pay a "rescheduling" fee.

If the Canadian dollar gains value and goes back up to normal trade ranges, then we will be paying a premium over the rate they charge on Expedia. There is no limit to the amount that they can raise the maintenance fee to. This was the small print that missed when they were selling us so hard on how beneficial the long term economics of owning a time share would be. We were told hotel room rates would be expected to go up substantially - they have not.

We were told that the maintenance fee would change only slightly if at all. It has gone up 5x. My ex-wife and I are divorced and Shell Vacations has refused to honor our divorce decree saying that we would need to get divorced in Canada for it to apply to them. Count us in if there is a class action suit. These people are unscrupulous and there is no discussion. We cannot even get them to list contact information for the supposed board members representing the time share owners.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

I "own" 18,000 points with Shell Vacations Club, and I regret purchasing them. The investment was over $60,000 for these points, and I wish I had the money back. The monthly fees continue to increase, it's almost impossible to get reservations at the places I want, and the service has been poor. I saved all my points in 2014 and scheduled a family reunion through the Exchange for three rooms at the Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Our three rooms were on the ground floor, behind the entertainment stage. We couldn't see anything but the back of the stage, and the loud music was unbearable. The rooms were old - electrical wiring burst out of a bedroom wall and almost hit us. Water leaked on the floor. Drawers didn't open. I have photos of these.

I complained to Shell but received no answer. The family vacation was ruined. I tried again to use all my points and reserve a one-bedroom unit at the Legacy Golf Resort in Phoenix this February. My room was old and there was mold in the bathroom. I was staying alone so I requested an upstairs unit, but they wouldn't change it. At every stay through Shell, I've been bombarded with requests and demands to attend a high-pressure sales meeting. The sales people do and say anything to sell overpriced points. I don't want these points anymore and regret making this huge mistake.

Original review: July 15, 2016

We have been owners of Shell Vacations Club for about 15 years. During this time we have taken vacations to Hawaii, Napa Valley several times, San Francisco, Disneyland, etc. We have used the points for airline tickets, rental cars, hotel cards, the Spa, movie cards, etc. Honestly our experience has been as simple as calling and making the arrangements. The customer service reps have been nothing but courteous and helpful. Over the years we have learned to refuse the incentives for sales pitches at some of the resorts (Desert Rose in Las Vegas in particular and the resort in Anaheim) in order to have a more pleasant stay. We even went to one in Napa Valley and did not buy but was still given the $100.00 American Express card.

I do believe that some things have changed with Wyndham buying the company but we are still having good experiences at the Wyndham Resorts that we stay at. Don't understand why so many people are not having similar experience. My husband and I are so glad that we bought the points so many years ago and have enjoyed using them each year for amazing vacation experiences.

Original review: June 12, 2016

Don't waste the money we did on this. They declined my request to cancel my membership because I didn't fill out a form that was never brought to our attention. If there is a class-action lawsuit - I'm in!! Wil ** and I were scheduled for a two hour tour. We were there from 12:30 pm to sometime between 5:30 pm and 6:00 pm. That is over five hours of pressure we had to endure. Every time we said no, which we did three times, another rep would come to try to ease our minds about it. At the end, we were exhausted and clearly not thinking about our best interests.

We were told that if we did not sign up right then, the price for the vacation packages and interest rates would rise significantly. We were told repeatedly that they (the reps) did not want us to miss this isolated opportunity. After doing some online research, I have found even better deals with Shell Vacation products. Thus, we were misled into believing we had to make a decision that day.

After discussing our vacation desires, I told the rep that a timeshare just is not the kind of travel I am attracted to, this was my first attempt to exit. The sales rep capitalized on our interests in international travel. He showed multiple examples of where 3500 points would buy us two and three week stays. He went on and on about how the international travel is where the main benefit is. After attempting to book international travel on multiple occasions, I am finding that the resorts are not available, there is a substantial booking fee, and our points really only buy a week at any given place. The reality has been very disappointing.

Another sales rep was brought over who is really good with numbers after we tried to decline the sale due to costs. After listening to his spiel, I asked him how we get out of it if we decide it is not right for us. He literally said we just stop paying for it. Even now, I don't know if he was joking or not. When I brought up concerns about my credit report being tarnished, he told me that Shell has this great guy that will sell it for us for less than $500. He told me that there is a very strong demand from Europeans, especially for Napa, so he is able to sell them very easily. Well, unfortunately, after multiple attempts of unsuccessful bookings and our annual fee already increasing, I called Shells guy. It is SellMyTimeShare.com, and while I did pay $499, I am being told there is no way I can sell it for what I paid for it, and there is no guarantee it will ever sell. This would have been a good time to mention the cancellation policy/right.

On multiple occasions I attempted to politely end the meeting, blatantly stating I was not comfortable with that sort of investment that I haven't vetted. At the end, after my third categorical decline, a manager was assigned to us. He reaffirmed how lucky we were to be brought in on this early on as the property value is expected to rise. There was an implicit suggestion that we would likely make money on this timeshare. I was absolutely exhausted by this point, and in hindsight, I felt taken hostage. He stated it would be unwise to pass this up, and then said he would make it irresistible and offered 5,000 bonus points and two more airline tickets. I literally responded with fine. I deeply regret that moment.

The paperwork was rushed; I believe we were the last people there from the 12:30 tour. We were handed a sealed package full of paperwork, along with a binder full of information some reviewed in that brief meeting, and some not. We certainly did not review the process/form for a formal cancellation. I immediately felt regret, but I had too much going on in my personal life to dedicate the time to look into my legal cancellation rights and requirements. I had been taking care of my mother with cancer while both Wil and I were working fifty-plus hour weeks regularly. I called Friday, August 23rd, I was transferred to a voicemail and given a direct number to the woman I believe processed our paperwork. On that voicemail I asked if there was any way we could cancel since after further thought I knew that we could not benefit from owning a timeshare.

Before I was transferred, I was informed someone would be there on Saturday to get back to me; I waited all weekend and called again on Monday, August 26th, to follow up. At that point I had discovered that I had seven days to cancel, and I mentioned that on the voicemail. I did not get a return call until Wednesday, August 28th. At that time I was told that since I failed to submit the cancellation form within seven days, there was nothing she could do. (You will see the phone calls on 8/23 & 8/28 on my Sprint cell phone bill, you can find the 8/26 call on my Comcast home phone bill).

I was so upset with all of this; we emptied our savings accounts and used charge cards to pay the entire purchase price so we would not have to take on the burden of a 16.49% interest rate. This too was a giant fiasco, which I will not discuss at this time. The extent of the fees was not disclosed in person. There was no mention of booking fees. I specifically asked on multiple occasions if the HOA fee would be our only item we needed to budget; I was eventually told about the Club Fee, after I inquired about it. Beyond that, I was assured there were no fees.

Unfortunately, due to the above mentioned circumstances, I am requesting a refund. I would be satisfied to only have the purchase price be returned, and all of the other money I have given to Shell, over $1000, be dedicated to administrative fees. While I accept responsibility for not doing any timeshare research prior to the meeting, (I did not think it was necessary since this meeting was described as an informative meeting) I feel the sales team was absolutely coercive. I also believe my call was not returned timely so that the cancellation timeframe would pass. I was put under the impression that this was a one-time deal and I was given no opportunity to go home and think about it. This is not fair business practices.

In addition, my experience with trying to use my points is not was sold to us at that meeting. I am sure I can produce at least five calls I have made trying to book travel that was ultimately unavailable. This is a failure to perform on Shell's behalf. Please consider this offer. I know you said my next option would be using legal representation; I truly hope we can avoid that and find satisfactory resolution for both parties. Thank you for your time.

Original review: June 7, 2016

My husband and I purchased 2500 points from Shell Vacations Club in 2014. We received 2 Dream Vacation weeks to use so we banked our 2500 for 2015. My friend has 3500 points and is also a member but owns in HI. Oct 2015 while visiting my friend in CA we made a call to Shell Vacations and the customer service person we worked with was awesome! He took a lot of time to work with us but was able to combine all of our points and get us a week at the Kona Coast Resort (2 bedroom and 2 bath) and a week at the Kauai Coast Resort at the Beachboy (also a 2 bedroom and 2 bath).

It took a lot of work for him to work our points out to get what we wanted but he kept working it out until he got it! We booked in Oct 2015 and we had an awesome vacation May 2016! We bought more points too! We've been to Hawaii every other year over the past 10 years with my friend who used her Shell Vacation points and it's been awesome! We love both of those resorts and the service is outstanding!

Original review: June 4, 2016

I have had a hard time getting a hold of anyone to pay maintenance fees thinking it was the biggest mistake of my life to get involved with them. We've owned this for twelve years and have been able to use it once. If anyone files a class action lawsuit let us know please.

Original review: May 17, 2016

My husband and I went to a presentation and after 2 hours, they sold us a $1795, package that included 6000 points and a 7-day 'Free Getaway Package'. We used some of the point for a stay in Napa and it was lovely, the second stay was in Kona and again nice. We went to another presentation in Kona and we told them that we did not want to buy a timeshare. When we bought the $1795 package, we were told is was refundable if we did not like the services, but at the end of the day, nothing came back to us.

Last December I wanted to book our 1 week getaway package and I was told and received a certificate that my getaway was not going to expire until 03/29/17. I called to book my getaway week today and was told that as my membership in Shell was to expire on May 31, 2016, I was not able to utilized the getaway. Note: during our last presentation they told use that Wyndam had purchased them and they were putting into place a buyout for the members that wanted out, again total BS. Do not buy from this company. I would not recommend this to anyone looking for a vacation special.

Original review: May 17, 2016

Do Not Buy into this Time Share. We have belonged to Shell Vacations Club Time Share for 13 years. I cringe every time I think about Shell Vacations. It has been a nightmare trying to find a place to stay. They never have anything available, yet if I say I am willing to pay cash for a hotel and booking direct, they have plenty of rooms for me. It is much easier to just pay cash then pull your hair out trying to book something with Shell. We have rarely booked at a Shell resort. Mostly were able to use RCI exchange. Now that Shell got bought out to Windham who supposedly owns RCI, we can't seem see to get anything. That doesn't make any sense. We purchased 2500 points and end up banking them more that we get to use them.

If I have to cash my points in for cards to use at other hotels or restaurants, I only get $325 of cash to spend when I am sending them about $750 a year to pay for maintenance fees. It's a total ripoff for us. I have hated this time share and almost let them talk me into more shares to make things easier which would have cost me at least $1000-1500 more in maintenance fees. Thank goodness a friend talked me out of it before it was too late. The stress of spending more money on maintenance fees and possibly still having problems was too stressful to even think about it. They are high pressure salespeople and determined you are not leaving without buying a membership.

The 90 minute presentation usually costs you 1/2 a day of your vacation or more to get out of there. We bought because they made it sound better than any other timeshare and you were not stuck having to go to just one resort all the time or having to deal with trades. You could basically go anywhere. The first time I tried to book, I was on the phone a month dealing with Shell and ready to shoot myself from all the frustration. I don't know if those salespeople really realize how awful their company is, or how could they swindle people into buying. Also they said if we purchased, that our children inherit the timeshare. That's so they can continue to squeeze maintenance fees forever from us and our children.

I would love to see an end to this ridiculous nightmare and would consider participating in a class action lawsuit. I just want out of this stupid time share. They said they wanted to be the first to buy back our time share, but it doesn't sound like they want them back even though their salespeople could easily sale them for way more than they'd ever offer us. They have another company that handles selling them back but I heard the fees are almost what I paid for the stupid time share.

Original review: May 11, 2016

The service is terrible and it is impossible to make reservations. My points always expire as I cannot book acceptable dates and locations. I am interested in joining a class action law suit to cancel my contract. I am willing to take any loss in exchange for no future obligation.

Original review: March 9, 2016

Worthless certificate. Was presented with a certificate for a 2 night stay at a Wyndham hotel. Have tried to book 3 different hotels, 3 different dates, nothing is ever available. Add me to a class action lawsuit.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2016

If anyone is planning on a class action suit against Shell, please let me know and include me. I've read all the complaints and almost all of them are the story of our lives with Shell. Had a horrible lack of judgment back in 2012 and became a Shell owner. Have only used the points twice. Once in Las Vegas and the other in San Diego which was a nightmare. Usually bank and use point for airfare, which is financially retarded but the only thing that makes sense.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2016

We stayed at the Las Vegas Desert Rose facility for 4 days. This facility was the WORST excuse for a Timeshare I have ever stayed. The bathroom doors don't open unless you move out of the way. When we got home, there was a letter stating that we were approved for a $50,000 loan. The ONLY way to opt out was to call a number that required our Social Security number. I don't think I should do that either. However, the loan is on our credit history. How can they do that! We didn't go to their sales event or sign anything. We did not give them authority to run our credit report and pre- approve us for any new loan. They are messing with my credit history and their letter is going to our attorney and or the DA for further action. As mentioned in a previous post, a class action suit should be filed against this company.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2015

We've been Shell Vacation owners since 2003 - 7000 points/year. Finally, after trying for two seasons, we were able to book our home resort on Kauai for a week last year (had to schedule it over 9 months ahead of time). We our points a few times back in the early days when our kids were young, but always via RCI exchange. Now, with their "Interval" partner, the options to exchange have dropped enormously. Other than that, I try to swap the points out each year for airfares to get some value out of the investment, though that's a lo$ing proposition if you pencil out the actual costs.

But the main issue is that we just are not going to use it anymore. My wife is retired, and I will retire this year as well. Our fixed income budget will not cover the MF cost, and the accumulated cost of a Shell Vacation (everything other than the room cost) is beyond our means. We did not know this in 2003 of course. Before Wyndham bought them out, I checked with Shell about transferring ownership back to the company and was told that was possible. But not anymore. Wyndham's response now is basically "Tough Luck. Keep those MF fees coming or else!" and we have done so. Might as well flush the money down the toilet.

I can't make a second career out of trying to keep it rented to cover the MF fees. I have it listed for sale on a well-known site at less than 10 cents on the dollar for what we paid up front, but would gladly give it away to get out from under the maintenance fee. Any ideas? Plenty of sympathy out there I realize, but not seeing any other strategies. Needless to say, I emphatically recommend that folks in the market for a timeshare avoid Shell Vacations.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2015

We stayed at the Legacy Golf Resort for 6 days. Every day, we received a call that we ignored asking us to listen to a sales pitch. When we got home, there was a letter stating that we were approved for a $50,000 loan. The ONLY way to opt out was to call a number that required our Social Security number. You can bet that we did not enter it! However, the loan is on our credit history and I am FURIOUS! They are messing with my credit history and their letter is going to our attorney for further action. As mentioned in a previous post, a class action suit should be filed against this company.

Shell Vacations Club Company Information