2.8/5 (295 ratings)

About Rodeway Inns

Rodeway Inns Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rodeway Inns?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rodeway Inns?

Original review: May 14, 2022

The motel in Fife, WA IS scary, strewn with garbage & the last two days I’ve driven by, it’s completely abandoned & empty, but for 3 or 4 white trucks. There are a bunch of boarded up windows & doors. They say there are no vacancies, but obviously they’ve been shut down. Don’t even think about staying at this hellhole.

Original review: April 12, 2022

Went to the Rodeway, As went downhill since last visited. Now under new management. The first room was smelled like cigarettes and body odor. The condition was unacceptable. The second room not much of an improvement. It had a weird odor, stained carpet. Curtains torn and frayed. Lipstick on heater and chair. Holes in blanket. Non functional smoke detector. Verdict is out on the bed. Shower or toilet quality is terrible! We are displaced and we are currently without residence. Definitely disappointed.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

The rooms were clean and very comfortable. The staff was so friendly and accommodating. Other than slim breakfast options and a small pool, it was better than I anticipated for a 2 star. We would gladly stay there again.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

They stole $200 from me. Are claiming the room was trashed which it was not and I’m going to get a lawyer to get my money back because I believe they do it systematically. I had to block my card at the third transaction they charged me a week after I slept there. When I called, they said instead of sending me back the security deposit they accidentally charged it again and were going to send me my money back. Now, they changed their story. Terrible, thieves and scammers should be shut down. This is in Sacramento University.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

I walked into my first room I booked at Rodeway Inns in Fort Sill, OK and the sheets were dirty, had cigarette holes and rips. I opened a washcloth and it was still dirty. There was animal hair all over the comforter. I lifted a pillow on the first bed and there was a large, dead spider under it. The sink took over 10 minutes to drain and it didn't even have the plug in it. The tub looked like it had never been cleaned. I wouldn't even step in it with flip-flops on.

Then they put me in a 2nd room. Again, dirty sheets with cigarette holes, rips and dirty. There were no light bulbs in the lamps and there were live cockroaches in the bathroom. They told me they only had 1 room left to put me in and if I didn't like it, they would give me my money back. I stayed in the 3rd room because of the ultimatum. The handle on the toilet was broken, no towels in the room, no toilet paper holder and dirty, ripped, torn and what appeared to be dried bodily fluids on the sheets. I kept photos of all of it.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

This was easily the worst motel we have ever seen. It looks filthy from the outside, and you have to go to a walk-up window to register, not even going into a lobby. The man I spoke to suggested we see the room before agreeing to stay there. He also volunteered that we could get a refund if we canceled, which we promptly did. We went 1/2 mile up the street and got a beautiful, clean room for less money. This property really needs some major help!

Original review: May 1, 2021

April 30th I came to the Rodeway Inn, 2010 E. Apache Blvd, Tempe, Arizona after having booked online. My intent was to have a bed there while getting a Lyft for a medical appointment. After the procedure I would be unable to drive due to sedation. It's 10:50 and I drove 200 miles from Yuma, Arizona expecting a room. The lyft would be at 11:40 am, 40 minutes from the time I arrived. I had scarcely walked to the registration door when the manager blocked the door and said "we're booked. We don't sign any new people in before 3pm." I had never seen treatment like this. I stood there speechless. She repeated herself standing in the doorway, "you need to go away, we're not booking anyone before 3:00". I sheepishly turned away wondering what I was going to do. My medical ride was coming and I wasn't sure I could redirect it to another hotel or motel in half an hour. I left and tried the nearest motels but they were not available.

I came back around 11:30. I thought I could park in the lot, leave the car there when the lyft came, and attempt to book when I came back. The additional problem would be I'd be under sedation and could not drive. I could not go looking for another hotel. I got out of the car and stood inconspicuously attempting to call my medical facility to tell them of my overnight situation. Then, the manager came up, literally charging at me like a bull and yelling at me. "You can't stay here! You can't hang around until three o'clock. Get off this property!". I tried to tell her why I was making a call but it was no use. She accused me of being rude. She needed to apply "rude" to herself in the mirror. Yes, I saw construction trucks in the lot and I was staying out of the way. She asked for my name, which I gave, then said "I'm cancelling your reservation". I have never encountered such a stupid pretense of a hotel manager. I will never, ever consider Rodeway Inn again.

My Lyft did arrive as I was leaving the property. I parked on the street so she would have no excuse to tow me. By the way the medical facility hearing this treatment by Rodeway Inn booked me at their expense to a Residence Inn by Marriott. One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The Rodeway Inn, by contrast looking at the outside, looked like a poorly maintained slum.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

We made reservations several weeks ahead of time. When we arrived we were greeted in the parking lot by another guest who said she could not stay in this filthy place. We went in to register and found the kitchen closed, so no breakfast as promised. It was end of June and the pool was empty. The hallway smelled like stale smoke. The elevator was dangerously out of repair. The room was small. The bedding was dirty. The floors were dirty. The toilets were dirty and there was mold on the walls. There were no lights in the light sockets so it was dark at night unless the tv was on. This Rodeway was located in Nampa. We had to go through the booking agent to get our money back. We will never book with a Rodeway Inn again.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I have been staying at the Rodeway Inn/ Econolodege in Rehoboth De for over 2 months costing my fiance and I over $3000. Mind you I'm a disabled veteran and the restaurant she works at closed amid covid-19. 1st they bungled my reservation and terminated it a day early. Secondly the customer service line nor the hotel would work with me but the next day when I receive my MILITARY PENSION!! And told us to leave like $52 would bankrupt them if they compend the room considering I'm a diamond status member with over 20K loyalty points but refused to even honor my points for a room for one night. We were forced to spend the night outdoors on the street in the rain amid a shelter in place order due to the current pandemic. If you are a veteran or care about vets BOYCOTT CHOICE HOTELS AFFILIATES IN DELAWARE. All they care about is money not the well being of their guests!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Made a reservation for my son that’s active military to stay for the weekend! I informed them at the time of making the reservation that he would be arriving well after midnight because he was driving from North Carolina after his shift... When he arrived to check in with his confirmation number, he was told that they just let someone else have his room!!! No apologies, no nothing!!!! He had to go elsewhere to find a room!! Online is stated a military rate, and when I booked it, they said they didn’t have a room that qualified for that rate... UNBELIEVABLE! POOR MANAGEMENT, and they obviously have ZERO respect for the military!

Rodeway Inns Company Information