1.25/5

129 Rodeway Inns Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 11, 2019

The staff was very friendly from the moment I booked the reservations. Always ready to help you with your needs. We move here to Jasper to find a house, so we stayed 30 days plus. Do you know how difficult it is to live in one room for over 30 days??? But they made it enjoyable to where my husband and I could regroup after the 1000 mile trip from Nebraska. The beds are to die for. My back was a wreck after the trip. After three days sleeping on their beds my back was great!!! Thanks again to the people of Jasper, Texas Rodeway Inn.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Very nice hotel/bar (Harrisburg Pike, Carlisle PA). They have remodeled & still in process of some rooms being remodeled, but it didn't disturb our stay at all. Very friendly clean place. They had karaoke at Teddy's Tavern (their bar). It was a great time. Brandy & Kelly were sweet and awesome drink makers. We will be back!!

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Great people, great hotel, free breakfast, clean cozy rooms, staff is very nice, hotel's great... If there's something you need they go way beyond to make sure that you have everything you need. I couldn't ask for anything more out of a hotel.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Staff member Lal was an amazing accommodation person. We booked for the first time on an online company and things were a little off and this group of employees made our stay accommodations and rooms well worth it. Thanks Lal and staff.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

The absolute worst place to stay I have ever seen in my 63 years of life. I walked across the room and got an immediate headache due to the smell and lack of proper air conditioning. It was 91 degrees outside and the air conditioner was not working efficiently. There was holes in the walls. The bathroom was NASTY!!!! Stand up shower was NASTY!! The bottom around the toilet was NASTY!! This entire place should be demolished!!! I have pictures also. DO NOT STAY HERE. IN MY OPINION A VERY SERIOUS HEALTH HAZARD!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rodeway Inns?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

This is in reference to case # **: Here are the facts. I had made a reservation at a Rodeway Inn for June 28, 2019, in Long Beach with confirmation # **. I had a confirmed reservation guaranteed with a credit card. Someone at Choice Hotels canceled my reservation on June 28, 2019 at approximately 4:45 p.m. for no reason. When I called the Rodeway Inn to inquire, they said that they had no record of the reservation! I spent a long time on hold with Customer Service, and when I finally got a representative on the line, the gentleman said that an investigation would be opened. An investigation was opened and Choice Hotels accused me of canceling the reservation by phone?! I NEVER cancel reservations by phone and why in the world would I cancel the reservation when I needed it?! (I use my account on the company's website.)

But wait, it gets even worse! The Choice Hotels customer service rep said that they had my voice on tape. I then asked her to play the recording, and she said that she would send it to me via e-mail. I never received it because it doesn't exist because I never canceled my own reservation! Someone is lying or someone is impersonating me.

Now, to make matters ever worse, in July I learned that the property was no longer part of Choice Hotels, so what I believe is that the Inn Keeper canceled the reservation himself because he had some dispute with Choice Hotels, and now Choice Hotels doesn't want to compensate me for my loss and the hours I have spent on the phone. I expect to be compensated with points or the amount of the room reservation, which was $72.25 + tax. Otherwise, I am going to take the case to Small Claims in Henderson, NV.

Original review: July 28, 2019

The room was ugly and scary looking. Very outdated... Upon checking in the clerk said I had booked a smoking room; my husband and I don’t even smoke!!! I asked if she could switch out the room and she said they were fully booked. The parking lot was empty. Not one car. I thought it was actually a closed business. The couch had a big hole on it. The bed was half done. Window was filthy inside and outside. I couldn’t even sit on the chair that was in there because it was so old and filthy. Gross!!! I immediately requested a refund. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. The worst experience by far!

Original review: July 25, 2019

I called Rodeway inn Florence, Ky. Made a reservation 3 weeks in advance, called the next day to cancel and was charged $ 183.10. This is not right. They say within 24 hours of visit. My reservation was called in July 19, 2019 for 2 nights in Aug. 2- leaving on the 4th. Not very happy. Still in a process to get my money back.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Hello, I want to make a complaint in regards to an unexpected stay at one of your Rodeway hotels. I paid 62.00 for this room to be in it for less than an hr. The night attendant barely knew English, didn’t set the room keys up correctly to the point he had to come to look for himself, and then have to run back to fix it. My wife and I literally pulled the blankets on one bed to discover hair on the pillows, cigarette burns on the bed and we looked at the other bed and choose to use that one to be in it for 10 minutes and discover my wife got bit by BED BUGS this. I have pictures to prove this and had to take her to the hospital as she is asthmatic and that caused her to have an asthma attack.

The bathroom was not cleaned and for it not being a non smoking room it stunk the minute you opened up the door. I then went and got the attendant and he looked at me like I was lying to him. I took him to the room and showed him the bug myself that was discovered on the bed after me pulling over the sheets completely. HE then proceeded to tell me he couldn’t move us to anther room and could not return my monies. I would like to know whom handles situations like this as I had to go to anther room and pay again for a different place as that one was filthy and had bed bugs in it. This situation was uncalled for and the attendant had no idea what to do.. this establishment needs some serious taking care of and CLEANED OUT. 4250 Belmont Ave, Youngstown, OH 44505

Original review: May 4, 2019

This was such a traumatizing experience. I stayed here for three nights and the rooms were disgusting and the heat was broken. On our third night, I was woken up by two gunshots nearby. I walked outside to see a dead body in the parking lot. The police then began to arrive blocking off the entire street. Two people were shot and one was dead. The body remained on the ground in a body bag from 11pm to 5am. I called and requested my money back because SOMEONE WAS KILLED AT MY PLACE OF STAY and I did not feel safe. I wanted to leave that night, but could not due to a far drive. I would never recommend staying here. The staff was rude and did not do anything to accommodate. I left scarred and with an image of a dead body and I lost $153. I will be contacting my lawyer.

Rodeway Inns Company Information