1.25/5

128 Rodeway Inns Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

When we arrived at the Rodeway Inns in Plymouth North Carolina the front seat was nice. But that was the only good thing about it. We get our key and head up to our room. Wouldn’t you know it. The door doesn’t work and the guy can’t fix it till tomorrow at some point. So if we left we would have to go get the front desk and have them open our door. Then we are getting situated and 3 of the 4 outlets don’t work, two of the four lamps don’t work, and the remote didn’t work (Yes we checked the batteries. It just didn’t work).

At that point I was ready to abort mission but I had already paid for this months in advance and I was told I would not be able to receive a refund. So we try to make the best out of it and I hopped in the shower... to find someone’s old HARD wash rags. The bathtub felt like it was going to collapse as soon as you step in it. The AC unit wouldn’t go any higher than low and wouldn’t get the room cool at all. And the fridge was on a box and didn’t stay cold because the door was broke. I will never ever use them again. And I hope this helps someone from making the mistakes I did. Now I want to find a phone number to call and complain to.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Our stay was the worst. Upon check-in our two rooms were not clean. My son's room was dirty with an unmade bed, dirty towels and linens on the floor. Our room had a heavy mold smell and a large wet spot on the ceiling. The photos of the property are not updated. The property was not managed well. Lots of weeds growing everywhere, the parking lot needed repaired and the building needed to be painted. The only reason we stayed and asked for different rooms was because Choice would not refund our money. The manager did get us into two cleaner rooms but we had to pay a fee to upgrade to a better room. No one should have to pay more just to not smell mold or have a room cleaned. I will never use Choice Hotels again. And if you're smart don't stay at Rodeway Inns. It's not worth it.

Original review: July 25, 2018

This location (Rodeway Inn on Nevada in Colo Spgs) does not even deserve one star, it should be condemned. It was built in the 50's and looks it and smells it. Bomb it and build a new one from the ground up. Could not believe you get people to stay there, they must feel comfortable living in a dumpster. It is disgusting and the neighborhood is scary.

Original review: May 31, 2018

We stopped at Paul's Valley Oklahoma Rodeway Inn. Got a hotel room. It smelled clean. That one wasn't bad. Check for bed bugs. Our TV and internet did not work. Call them. He switch this to another room. Ohm. I open the door. Cigarette burns in the comforter. I pulled back the comforter a live maggot was crawling across the white bed sheet. I called him and I know him have it. He give us a handicap room then he said, "I'm sorry." Didn't offer a priest day. Didn't give half of my money back.

This is going to the bed as Business Bureau. We're from Iowa. This is Oklahoma a ** kidding me. The shower for a handicap person where you hang it up they don't add the piece to hang it up. Then they give you wash rags and towels every 3 days. Are you freaking kidding me. I should have known better when we walked in and the desk clerk said, "Go kill that mouse." and staring at his. The kids are freaking. Don't ever stay at this place 'cause I'm turning you in pissed off. So the next morning we decide to do the breakfast the orange juice machine was broke.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

Charge for two nights when only staying one on my credit card. Very dirty room. Bedding was dirty. Hair on sheets. Linen was dirty. In bathroom had to use hand towels to dry off because the main towel was dirty used and just hung back up. Room stunk like cigarette smoke. Could not sleep because of the smell. Dirty scum on walls and shower. Went to use the hot tub. Very filthy. Did not use. Overall everything in the motel was very very filthy. Parking lot had garbage. Cigarette butts all over the blacktop.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rodeway Inns?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I am a frequent hotel traveler and this is BY FAR the WORST hotel I have EVER been to. I am a housekeeping manager and I know when a room is clean. This one was NOT. I checked in at 6pm last night, tired from my flight and ready for a shower and nice sleep, the area alone was shady as well as the people, I got into my room and there were dead crickets and human fingernails on the floor, the smell was horrid, the lamps weren’t working, I pulled back the covers on the bed and THERE WAS HUGE BLOOD STAINS ALL OVER THE FITTED SHEET. I WAS LIVID. NO EXAGGERATION. Not a drop or even a speck. Huge blood stains. It looked like someone had urinated blood all over the bedding.

This is supposed to be a CLEAN room I am checking into, it looked as if someone walked in, “tidied” up the room so it “looked” somewhat presentable, and walked out. I went to the desk, I was furious and explained the situation and even told the front desk agent he could go and take a look. I actually told him that he should. He seemed nonchalant, like this happened all the time. He offered another room but I was disgusted and felt my skin crawl, I just wanted to leave. I demanded my money back and he refunded it but am not able to receive it back until Friday. I spent almost $200 on this so called “clean room”, it was all the money I had and had to sleep in my car last night because they couldn’t do anything more for me. Now I have no money until Friday and have to sleep in my car the rest of the week all because this disgusting hotel couldn’t clean its rooms properly, or at all and couldn’t refund my money sooner or offer a solution. Thanks!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I had reserved a room online for the north Encinitas location and came to from over 2 hours away for my son's court date the next morning. I had been crying most of the day and night before. As it was my birthday. I had 2 backpacks and my purse. But out of the car went into the front office like Frankie drop me off left. The clerk, Chelsea, asking my name I gave it to her and as I approach the counter she stated "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone and I'm refusing you service." I asked what her reasons were, and she abruptly stated after a few minutes trying to get her to tell me, that they do not rent rooms to go get it. I told her that's a good policy to have and asked what did that have to do with me?

She proceeded to pick up the phone and stated I needed to leave the property immediately she was calling the police now mind you all I had done at this point was walk through the door and said the backpack down grab my wallet and walk to the counter. Now mind you I work in the mental Health recovery field, I am a part of Celebrate Recovery and the mental health initiative Champion for our church. I just wearing a casual but professional looking blouse and ankle length skirts with a lightweight sweater over my shoulders.

Remind you as a mental health diagnosis of ADHD and I can't sit still can't stand still you know. I try not to move but it does not always work out. She stated that she was a manager and the owner of the building. She was very rude about the whole thing. And it was very embarrassing. To me an inconvenience. Because now I had to look for another hotel and ask my friend to come back and get me when he was on his way to an appointment. I will pray for her but I want to report her previous because apparently this is not the first time she's been like that.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

Woke up the morning of my scheduled check in very ill. Decided I need to leave for home instead of staying an extra day. Called the Rodeway Inn and explained the situation. They said OK, but they still charged me for the room stating that I did not give 24 hours notice. I did not know 24 hours ahead of time that I was going to wake-up with a severe migraine. Do not stay at the Rodeway Inn at 95 Wallace Rd, Nashville, TN.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

When I arrived the girl at the front desk was on her cell phone, then could not figure out how to pull up my reservation. 20 min later I got to my room. It was a nonsmoking room that obviously was not. The bed to sit on was ok. The only positive I could say was the cleaning lady. I had dropped a 20 and she made sure it was delivered back to me.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

The wallpaper was coming off the walls in bathroom and living area. There were areas where the ceiling and walls were cracked and one area where the corner of the rug was coming up and filthy.

Rodeway Inns Company Information