1.23/5
Based on 103 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

118 Rodeway Inns Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 29, 2015

My wife and I have stayed in the Rodeway Inn located on 5995 W. Irlo Bronson memorial highway located in Kissimmee Florida. In the past and never had a problem until now. There were 6 of us going down for a family trip and also to celebrate our granddaughter's 3rd birthday. I am in a wheelchair. We called to have a handicap room. We were told that it would cost us extra to have a handicap room (come to find out it is against Federal law to charge extra, we just found that out) so we decided to get 2 reg room instead. When we arrived front clerk was nice. When we went to our rooms it was OK a little stuffy and smelly, into to our vacation we ask the front desk if we could use their microwave to heat up our granddaughter's dinner because it was cold.

We were told that they need a $50 deposit and $11 for the microwave and I ask, "Please can you just put this in your microwave, it will only be 2-3 mins so my granddaughter can have her dinner." I WAS TOLD NO. They need the deposit and the rental fee, and I needed to have a room upgrade to receive the microwave. I was so upset I told them, "No I will not do that" and their response was, "Call Olive Garden and see if you can take it back so they can heat it up for you." I could not believe what I just hear. I told them I am in a wheelchair, I can't afford to keep taking taxis and they say, "There's nothing we can do." So I left and went to my room. I will not lie to you, I had tears in my eyes.

Then my daughter brought my granddaughter to the pool for a while. They were having a good time then some little kids came to swim and when we turned around to they were swimming NAKED! Their parents were there. We grab our granddaughter out of the pool and went to our room and called the front desk to tell them if they can do something. We waited and went down to the pool again and they did NOTHING!

Towards the last 5 days of our vacation, my daughter's room had an awful smell. The maintenance men told us they had a bad back up in the room next to her (sewer backup) and we call the front desk (AGAIN) and they said nothing. So we decided to wait until we came home from our vacation to call and talk to the manager **. I was told to leave my number and she will get back to me and guess what still waiting. WE WILL NEVER STAY IN ANY RODEWAY INN HOTELS AND WILL TELL OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND WILL POST WHAT HAPPEN IN THIS HOTEL.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2015

Stayed one night at Rodeway Inn in Huntington Park, CA located at 6340 Santa Fe Ave. We arrived about 8 PM and checked in. The guy who checked us in was really nice. My husband is disabled so we requested a ground floor, handicap room which we received. The room itself "seemed" decent at first, until we realized that the bathroom door had to really be forced to open. It scraped the floor horribly. Not good for someone in a wheelchair or a walker who needed to get to the bathroom quickly and who doesn't have any upper-body strength. The baseboard in the bathroom was separating from the wall and it looked like there was a dead cockroach on the floor. The sink's faucet was very loose, too.

Anyway, the clincher was that we needed to have a 6:30 AM wake up call for a very important appointment with a spine surgeon the next morning. When my husband picked up the phone to request the wake-up call, the cord separated from the handle and the bottom half of the phone base was missing and had a huge red light blinking. So, he held the phone cord into the handle and got a call into the office for the wake up call, covered the broken base with a wash cloth to cover the red light blinking and we tried to sleep. It was now 10:00 or a little after. Soon we started hearing VERY loud, Spanish music which was blasting through the walls. I stepped outside to trace the noise and realized we were connected to a Mexican restaurant. Their crew was cleaning up and they didn't leave until 11 PM. So we went to sleep and I woke up right around daybreak. I was expecting that wake up call at anytime. It never came.

As it started getting lighter outside, I woke my husband and asked him the time (his watch was the only clock in the room). He said it was almost 7 AM. We never got a wake up call. I called the desk (by holding the phone cord in) and asked why we didn't receive our wake-up call. The guy on the other end could only say, "uh-huh". I asked if he tried to call, because right then I noticed that the light was flashing which told me the phone cord made it impossible for the desk to reach us. He said, "yes, I try call you". I told him we didn't get the call BECAUSE THE PHONE WAS BROKEN!. His response, "uh-huh". That's it. No apologies, nothing. Just a "uh-huh". Unacceptable service. Our room was perhaps 15 feet from the office, and this lazy guy could have easily came and knocked on our door. What has happened to customer care in this nation??? It's crazy bad.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 1, 2015

Was charged 20.00 extra on my credit card. My husband and I both agreed that this motel was the biggest rat trap we had ever stayed in in our life. The TV Did not work and the whole motel was filthy. I did not even put my feet in the tub when showering. I showered in flip flops. Now to add insult to injury they added an extra 20.00 to my credit card and when I called I was told that it was because I damaged a pillowcase and a towel with make-up. Are you freaking kidding me. I don't even know if they wash their towels and pillow cases because everything was so darn filthy. Manager said that is why they leave the little wet ones thingies to wash make up... Please there was no wet one thingies at this motel! I paid 89.00 to start out with which I thought was terrible enough because of the nastiness of this motel then another 20.00 for damaging a towel and pillow case.

They must have some pretty stupid house cleaning, because the manager said that they could not get the makeup out. I myself remove my makeup at home without even the use of bleach and have no problem washing it out and the towel and pillowcases are white and could be bleached. I told the manager that I would definitely be getting on every social media that I could and let others know about what a terrible motel this is. She said that is usually what people do when they are in the wrong. They write hateful things.

I am sorry but I write a lot of reviews and I have never ever had to write a hateful one, but lady Rodeway inn is in the wrong and I would be doing a disservice to a potential customer "NOT" to let them know what a rip off you are. Oh yeah you can keep my 20.00 because you do need if far worse than I do. Motel that I am reviewing is 2900 n IH35, Austin TX 78705. tel 512-477-6395 and the manager I talked to if she wasn't lying about that too was **.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2015

The worst stay ever. Never again. At checkout if that was the manager she needs to be trained how to deal with people that are paying. Check in was the worst of all. I was checked in by woman. She was sitting when I go to the desk. OMG sitting. I work at a top of the line high end resort and that right there we could not do. The place is a rat trap. They need to do a lot of work on the whole building in and out and on the staff. James however was very helpful and pleasant!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2015

Rodeway Inn in Lyons, Illinois is not a place anyone should be staying at. Choice Hotels should be ashamed to associate themselves with this hotel. The rooms are filthy. Black mold on door frame in bathroom, carpets are filthy, bedding not clean, grounds keeping is non-existent, bedspreads have holes in them, check in/out staff unfriendly to the max, caulk around toilets black and disgusting. This place needs a health inspector NOW! NEVER AGAIN!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rodeway Inns?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2015

My name is Mark **. We stayed at Rodeway Inn on Hamilton Park Rd. Chattanooga, TN May 22-24, 2015. We had two rooms. My daughter, Bethany, accidentally left a Cinderella make up kit on the bed. She called and was told they had it and they described it to her. Arrangements were made by Pish for it to be sent to her and he was to call for credit card information to pay the shipping. This call did not happen. He and Bethany played phone tag for a long time. Finally, our relative, Esther, who lives in Chattanooga stopped by to physically pick it up. She was told the office was locked and the manager with the key was not available. My husband were there this weekend. We tried to talk to the manager so we could get the situation resolved. Even though he was scheduled to be, he was not there for the entire weekend. This is utterly unacceptable!

Original review: July 30, 2015

Billings, Mt. Rodeway Inn - The location was good, off the interstate, although next to a hospital, and the helicopter was very active. My experience with other Rodeway Inns was great. This particular Inn was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I booked a non-smoking room. There was a cigarette butt on the carpet next to the bed. Burn marks in the furniture. The bathroom was moldy around the shower. Worst of all, the bed had bedbugs -- I killed two. It was horrible. I had to get the housekeeper to re-vacuum the room. I see I am over the recommended character count. I could go on. I suggest Rodeway Inn makes a unscheduled visit to this Inn. The building was in need of paint. Weeds growing 3 feet tall around buildings. Trash and litter in the parking area, especially the building in the back. Thanks for listening.

Original review: July 27, 2015

Very disappointed in this facility. It was dirty, not well maintained. Yes the building was old but that is no excuse for the condition of the room. I checked in late, if I had checked in earlier I would have left. The room smelled, not enough space between bed and desk. The walls were patched in several places, was there a fight? The floor was dusty. No security chain on the door. Several of the lights did work. Oh yes, I almost forgot to mention the bugs hanging out in a ceiling corner. At checkout I paid cash. The clerk voided my credit card. Said it would be credit back to my account. Still waiting to see if it does. However I had to ask for a cash receipt. I wanted proof that I had paid my bill. The clerk seemed very put out that I even wanted a cash receipt!

Original review: July 18, 2015

My boyfriend and I were going to stay two nights at the Rodeway Inn and everything seemed to process smoothly when checking inn. We got our room # and keys and unloaded our luggage completely before the man who checked us in yelled that our card had been declined. My BF went back to the office and tried scanning our prepaid card again, no luck. So we tried scanning the card charging only one night 65.00 + tax - no luck. So we returned the keys and the employee told us to try checking in online. After calling to check the balance on our card we had enough for one night with money still on the card and tried checking in online but had trouble with the website so we turned around and went back home.

The next day Made two small purchases w/ the card and my third small purchase was declined stating I had only .04$ on my card when I should have had at least 50 or more dollars on it. Lo and behold, an unauthorized amount of 50.00$ was charged by Rodeway Inn & Suites, which didn't make sense since the price of one single room was 65.00 + tax. After calling and showing up in person to dispute the transaction the employee argued with me saying that if the transaction was processed that Rodeway doesn't hold the funds and they had no history of the transaction in their system. She spoke very poor English and kept raising her voice to me when I tried to understand the amount approved and when the money would be returned to my card.

She had no answers besides saying Rodeway wouldn't hold the funds and they didn't put through the transaction and said the money should already been returned to my card. Which it wasn't and still hasn't been two days later. Every time I call to talk to an employee they say they have no record of it without even asking for any specifics about the incident & that the money should have already been released, which it hasn't. Tomorrow morning I'm calling their corporate office to have money refunded and to tell them how unhelpful and rude their staff had been to me and my significant other. Next time Motel 6 here I come!!!

Original review: July 14, 2015

Made a reservation via Hotels.com, same day, July 3, 2015, $139.95. A little high, but it was the holiday. Had no complaints until later that evening. We tried to extend our stay via Hotels.com, but the Rodeway had blocked access. I mistakenly thought check out was noon. Most places we have stayed, that was the time. We were awakened to banging on the door from Housekeeping. I was informed of the difference (it was 11:20 at the time). I then went down to extend, and was told the price would be close to $300.00!!! Only because of the holiday. I was in shock. I said we would just check out. I was then told we should just let them charge us the late fee and pay the difference for the room. I said "NO THAT WAS RIDICULOUS!" So I went back up to get us together and pack. Mind you we weren't showered, packed or dressed.

We walked out of the door at around 12:15-12:20. I thought everything was over. I look at my bank statement and Rodeway has TWO $50.00 Charges for what I found out were late checkout fees! I cannot get the property manager on the phone, called customer relations and we kept being, "disconnected". I am beyond frustrated. The manager did not say a word about the extra charges when we checked out, and it wasn't on the bill. Mind you other guests were checking out the whole time this was going on. I heard nothing about a late fee, which lead me to believe that either no fee was being charged or it would be a surprise charge, like it was for me. I think this is sneaky, underhanded, and egregious.

Original review: July 12, 2015

We were in Baltimore for our son's wedding in June 2015 and decided to stay 2 nights in a midtown hotel. My husband Rod chose the Rodeway Inn on St Paul Street for its price and convenience to restaurants, etc. Our daughter and her kids were with us and we got 2 rooms. Our room #105 is the subject of this complaint.

It was very hot in our room. I found the air conditioning's outflow vent behind a large picture over the bed (see photo). I removed the picture and placed it in what I thought was a safe place behind the fridge. I then looked into the vent (see photo) and discovered it almost occluded with I don't know what... Gunk? Debris? I informed the gentleman at the front desk about the hot room, the picture and the disgusting vent. He went upstairs to adjust the AC, or so I thought, but it didn't help. By the way, our daughter's room was very chilly!

Our first night at Rodeway Inn we had gone to a restaurant and came back to a dimly lit room. My vision is impaired due to recent eye surgeries and I bumped into a suitcase in front of the picture. Down I went into the glass, breaking it and getting several nicks of my own! I informed the front desk (Mr. **) and he said, "OK, OK." When I mentioned the cuts he again said, "OK, OK."

The next morning he informed me that he'd spoken to his "boss" and the replacement glass would be "very expensive". At checkout my husband took care of the bill. He doesn't like confrontation so signed the receipt for 2 room 2 nights for $560! FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS of that was for MISCELLANEOUS! I've also included photos of filthy base boards and fridge. I had more, like one of a broken chair, a moldy ice bucket, but I exceeded my download limit!

Original review: July 12, 2015

Stayed at this disgusting dive on July 12, 2015. The rooms and the grounds were utterly disgusting. I would be amazed if the place is cleaned once a year. This particular night they were having the driveways resurfaced. The smell permeated into the room. I was unable to sleep. I complained to the night auditor. He told me I would have to wait until the manager came in. Since I came in from out of state I did not have my own personal vehicle to go someplace that would accept pets. I had to call someone who lived 3 hours away to come and get me. I went in and spoke to the "manager" and aired my anger and dissatisfaction. She was extremely rude and refused to give me a refund. This chain seems to have several complaints logged against them. The clientele is primarily transients.

Original review: June 26, 2015

Rodeway Inn Portland Airport - I traveled from Denver Colorado to Portland late yesterday evening. Originally I had booked with another company that I had stayed with before, but with the exceptional promotion with $50 gift card from Choice hotels I ended up switching. Only to find out the promotion didn't apply to my stays booked through choice. I stayed with them though because they managed to beat the competitor's price by $20 if I stayed. When I arrived the shuttle driver was courteous and kind, even loaded my 45 lb bag into the van. When I arrived at the hotel and checked in the same driver that loaded my bag, then placed me across the parking lot in a room on the 3rd floor with no elevator. I recently suffered a stroke and it was assumed I would be able to carry this up 3 flights of stairs.

When I arrived at the room it was overly hot. Someone had turned on the heat and it took almost an hour to cool down. After the room cooled I did find it clean and adequate. If I was rating the room alone I would stay again. However, in the morning I went down and asked if it was possible to purchase the continental breakfast. I was told "No" that it was only based with occupancy. I have worked in hotel management before. Our job was to be efficient, kind, courteous, and always go out of our way regardless of the price paid at a room. To this I have to say a two star rating is almost pushing it....

Original review: June 24, 2015

This past weekend my wife and I flew into town to attend her father funeral. After landing we searched for available rooms in that location. We found Rodeway Inn (name has been recently changed to Parkway Inn) in Springfield, Pa. After arriving to the motel we checked in at the desk. We asked the clerk at the front desk if there were any non-smoking room available. She stated "yes, however that's an additional 30 dollars". We responded that's okay. She then stated "Okay, once you walk into the room you can't change it".

Feeling strange we walk towards the room. We reached the room and opened the door walking into a stench that smelled like someone urinated on the carpet and it was never cleaned. We then went back to the front desk and asked that they clean the room. She stated she'll let housekeeping know (They never came). After going back to the room we did a walk through. The stone tile in the bathroom was broken off and unsecured. There were flies in the bathroom and unsealed patches on the bathroom walls. After seeing that we didn't trust sleeping on the bed without removing the sheets.

We removed the sheets and noticed several disgusting stains on the beds that include urine stains, cigarettes burns, and menstrual period stains. This is completely unacceptable! We then took all that information back the front desk. We asked that they either change the bed or change our room. The clerk/manager refused both stating "we don't change out rooms nor do they have extra beds lying around and we also don't give refunds". We were forced to clean our own room and purchase blow up beds just to get some sleep before the funeral. This is completely unacceptable. We have pictures of everything. Note: They also walk around using stolen shopping carts as their cleaning carts.

Original review: June 19, 2015

Me and gf checked in to Rodeway Inn in Concord NC. We paid for four nights and decided to cancel one night for refund for food. The manager said "I will give you the refund on Sunday". Well, the night to be taken off was Saturday so was doing us no good.

Original review: June 17, 2015

On June 5th my family checked in at Rodeway Inn. After getting into our room, I started itching. I looked at my legs and seen little black bugs. As I wiped them off more were jumping on me. I then noticed my 4yr old daughter and 5yr old son scratching. I went to the office after telling a few family members what was going on and they changed the room. After advising the general manager ** he came to the room and had no empathy nor sympathy. He asked where I was from and said "Welcome to Florida. We have bugs." I then told him that is no reason for this room to have bugs. The manager was very rude and I have pictures of my bites.

Original review: June 7, 2015

We got a room at the Rodeway Inn on Park st in Jacksonville FL and they are going to say we couldn't have our kids there, so we said we want a refund and they didn't want to give us our money back and call the police which was not call, for all we wanted was our money back and they kept my husband id. They need to be investigated because this is America and I do not treat guests that way. You don't tell them they can't have that many kids with them, by the way it was five kids and three adults with a room with double beds. How are you going to tell me what to do after I just paid you my money? I can stay up as long as I want to. They were rude and disrespectful and they can't treat people that way.

Original review: May 3, 2015

We checked into Rodeway Inn in Lincoln City Oregon. We asked if there is air conditioning after getting to our room. The man says, "here in Oregon you just open your windows. There isn't any AC." The people in the room next to ours are extremely loud - banging on the walls, running across the floor sounding like a herd of buffalo, little kids screaming and crying. So we asked if they could do something about it. We are told from 10 pm to 7 am is was ok for them to make noise cause they have kids. The Jacuzzi has NO water in it. We were never told that it wasn't in use. The lock on our door locks us in, hard to get out.

We were given a price quote of 99 dollars, after we agree, we are told, OOPS there are no rooms for pets not be 3rd floor and we have to go to the 2nd floor and now pay 109 dollars. Our NON-smoking room stinks of cigarettes. At least we didn't pay extra for the smoke smell. Not sure if we have vending machines yet. Won't be a surprised if we don't with all the other blessings we have acquired so far in our 2-hour stay. A HORRIBLE ROOM FOR A RIDICULOUS PRICE. Be warned, DON'T STAY IF YOU WANT TO HAVE NORMAL MOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS. You won't get them and you pay way too much to stay in this ghetto trailer park!

Original review: April 25, 2015

My girlfriend and I stayed one night at this Rodeway Inn. I didn't know when I called in advance there was a strip club next door. We show up and found out. I should have insisted to go somewhere else but did not. I was asleep but after 3 am my girlfriend woke me up. Apparently the strippers take men to the Rodeway Inn to service them like **. I disrespected my girlfriend by staying there. The clerk that checked us in must of thought my girlfriend was there with a john. My girlfriend is a sweet beautiful woman and should have never been subjected to that. This is the Rodeway Inn off US19 Largo Florida. The picture on the Rodeway Inn online doesn't show the Gentleman's Club next door.

Original review: March 10, 2015

My wife made reservations at the Roadway Inn in St. George Utah for 2 nights. We arrived at the motel at around 4 in the afternoon. There wasn't a car in the parking lot. The cover in front of the office was propped up with what looked like 16 ft 2X4's. I entered the office, and the smell about knocked me over. I didn't need to see a room. I cancelled our reservation.

My wife made the reservation through Priceline. Because we had made our cancellation that day, we were to pay a penalty of 1 night's stay. No problem. The motel was $53.99 per night, plus tax and fees. The total came to $120 plus change. They offered me a refund of $47. That is $13 less than they owe me. I refused the refund. Contacted Priceline. Absolutely no help what-so-ever. I would not let my dog stay in a room at this motel. But, I am most disappointed in the way we have been treated by Priceline after the fact. We eventually stayed at the Comfort Inn in Hurricane, Utah. It cost us $7 more total, and was clean, the staff was very nice (and clean) and the breakfast was nice.

Original review: March 1, 2015

Arrived Friday at the motel, Feb 27th. Room was not ready. Came back an hour later. Room was still not fully ready, staff told us to go ahead and take the room. Towels and etc. were delivered an hour later. Maintenance man came an hour later wanting to fix shower, woke us up both times. We both used the shower and was most definitely need fixed. Left motel at 3:00 pm, arrived back at 11:00 pm and motel card key would not let us in our room. Staff insisted on thirty dollars for our eight pound little dog. We informed staff that wife and I would take two hour shifts in our vehicle all night to keep our dog warm and safe. Upstairs above us, my wife and I, neither one could sleep on first two shifts because of the noise upstairs.

We left Saturday morning at six am and arrived back at nine pm and again the card key to our room would not let us in. Went to the front desk, assisted on thirty dollars for our pet, told her wife and I that we took two hour shifts all night to keep our little dog safe and warm. Finally entered the room and our room was untouched, nothing was cleaned, bathroom was dirty, no clean towels etc. Went to the front desk, asked about leaving and was told because it was past noon time I would be charged for the room, even though if we had returned our belongings in the room, would have been locked and we could not enter prior to noon to leave anyway. Again they asked for thirty dollars again for our pet. Explained we planned to do the same as night before, before leaving Sunday morning at six am and turned in the card key.

My wife and I were so upset that we gave the card key back to staff after removing all belongings from our room. And left at ten pm and drove back, all morning and night, to Klamath Falls Oregon and arrived home at four thirty am. Worst motel experience in my life.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

My younger sister had a friend in town to visit the Arizona State University Campus. I set up a room near campus, the next day give a guided tour. I am an alumni, so while they were in the room, I went to visit my college within the University. I stopped smoking cigarettes and took on E cigarettes. I was given a non smoking room, which was made apparent later. I vaporized two pulls of oil. Upon returning, the manager was in front of my door, I asked what happened he said he evicted my sister and friend and had charged an additional 125.00 to my card. I know the laws here. I can have my Electronic cigarette and use it in non smoking facilities, by law. I later found out it is upon the landowner's discretion. I asked where they were, he told me they left scared for he told them the police were about to be notified.

In Arizona it is legal by the way to use the electronic cigarette for reduced marijuana given you have a doctor's note. I am responsible for these two girls, which I have no idea where they are. I know he made a bad misinformed uneducated sour call. I lost it. I got in his face, he immediately called the police. After they took both sides were taken into account one officer said not to come back, as I said I understand, the officer said, "No you don't, we get calls from this property constant for calls like this." I chose the hotel for its cost and proximity to campus, as I pulled in I realized the low cost was due to the shady area it was located in.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2015

Every year I been coming here and this year, econo lodge is Rodeway Inn. Nothing has changed with service, it's not good. This year, no heat.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2015

January 12, 2015 we made the mistake of staying at this DUMPSTER. My wife was going in for surgery and Inland Valley Hospital and I was going to stay for the week. Upon driving onto the property I knew we were in trouble. You have to take a strange turn through someone’s property like an alley to arrive at DUMP Rodeway Inn. No one was in the office when we arrived at 4:30 pm. We had to wait in our vehicle about 20 minutes before what seemed to be a homeless guy showed up. He was the manager. Since it was late in the day we decided to give it a try.

The room was furnished from Goodwill 1950's. The TV was hanging at an angle on the wall by some metal and wire. The dead bolt on the door was not working. Water was leaking in the shower and running out on the floor. (This was a handicap room). About 7:30 we noticed the smell of cigarette smoke. As the smell got stronger we noticed that smoke was seeping through the door that adjoins the two rooms. We called the Manager on the house phone, no answer after about 23 rings. I tried a second time, still no answer. About 15 minutes later the phone rang, it was the manager. I told him that cigarette smoke was coming into our room from the Non Smoking room next door.

The manager said that was impossible because he knew the people next door and they were friends of his and they wouldn't smoke in the room. I asked the manager to come to our room and see and smell the smoke. The manager arrived and walked around the room and said he couldn't smell anything. I took him to where we had stuffed a towel under the door and pulled the towel away and light smoke seeped in. The manager said it was dust not smoke.

I asked the manager to check the room next door; the manager said NO, he would not invade their private room. I pointed to the MISSING smoke alarm on the wall. It was obviously removed to allow smoking. The manager said nothing about the missing smoke alarm. I'll be calling the Lake Elsinore fire department in the morning. We put a chair against the entry door to our room to lock it and went to bed so we could hurry up and sleep and leave early the next morning.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2015

Rodeway inn hotel Menifee California - First we were put in a room that was under construction and the shower was very moldy. I asked to be changed to a cleaner room and was first told they didn't have one available but I asked the housekeeper. She told me they were under staff she was the only one cleaning rooms but that there was one she had just finished that was ready. We asked for it which still didn't fit the cleanliness.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2015

We decided to spend the night after a long day's drive because the huge lighted sign said pets stay free. This was at 18116 Whyte Hardee Blvd in Hardeeville, SC. I was greeted by a non-smiling barely understandable man who insisted it wasn't their policy for pets to stay free, that there was a $10.00 fee per pet. When I told him we weren't staying, he changed his mind and allowed our two tiny dogs to stay free. The walls in the hall leading to our room were dirty and heavily spackled, our room had one working light, the heat/A/C did not work, the toilet seat was broken, a dirty plastic knife, napkin, and food container were on the floor by headboard, a sickening moldy mildew smell, no t.v. remote, no tissues, one tiny bar of soap, and a general dirty, rundown atmosphere.

If all Rodeway Inns are in this condition, I can't understand how they stay in business. This was our first and last experience with them. After our $62.72 investment, we left at 5:00 the next morning with stuffed noses, sore throats, and hardly any sleep due to people arriving throughout the night with loud boisterous voices and doors slamming. DO NOT STAY HERE folks!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2014

I reserved a room on Nov 8, 2014 at a Road way Inn in Fort Lauderdale, Fl. I had a medical issue with my traveling companion and had to cancel on Dec 12, 2014. The reservation was for March 28, 2015. Not only did they charge my cc. the day I reserved it for the full amount. Now they tell me they are keeping $60.00 of my room charge. Why would they do this when they will sell it to someone else. The reservation is over 3 months away. This is not a fair practice!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2014

My husband and myself and daughter stayed at the roadway inn in San Ysidro on 11/24/2014 and 11/25/2014. On the first night we saw six cockroaches in the bathroom, also a few on the walls by our beds. And my husband went down to the lobby and they told him that guests come and bring them in their luggage. The next day I became ill and we had to get the room for another night...at that time they had asked if we wanted another room. Well, in truth at this point I was too ill to start moving to another room. I'd like to add that both my husband and daughter were bitten and by who knows what. I feel this is so unacceptable and I feel I should be reimbursed for the two nights that we stayed there...when we got home we had to leave our luggage outside and opened for 24 hours to make sure we brought nothing back from the Rodeway Inn...I'm anxious to hear back from you.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2014

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!!!!!!! ! I wish I could give this place 0 stars, or even NEGATIVE. The place was dirty, the walls were stained brown and orange from who knows what. The sheets had stain, did they ever hear of BLEACH? The reason why they didn't have a lot of lights in the room was because they want to hide the fact that it was DIRTY as a dumpster. There were people loitering outside ALL DAY and NIGHT. I did NOT feel safe at all. They had an AC, with TWO OPTIONS: ON AND OFF.

THINGS THAT MADE US LEAVE AFTER ONE NIGHT: They gave us the WRONG room key and then gave us the WRONG ROOM. Gave us a call at 1 am (after a whole day of Disneyland, you would have been passed out around 11-12). Called us to say that we were in the WRONG ROOM. ARE YOU ** KIDDING ME? YOU GAVE US THE ROOM! WE DID NOT CHOOSE IT!

When I went down to see the manager about it, there was no one there. YOU JUST CALLED US!!! WTF!!! And the manager said he will be back the next day, he never did. I had to deal with his INCONSIDERATE EMPLOYEES WHO DID NOT GIVE A DAMN. Come on, THINK OF YOUR CUSTOMERS. All you hear is people talking throughout the night, sirens from cop cars (walls must be super thin). We got another call at 6 AM. Then it hung up when we picked up. Most likely from the office. The ringer was super loud, so it was super annoying when you couldn't sleep at all.

When we talked to the management, they said it was their mistake but they didn't do anything. We called SOUTHWEST to change our hotels, they said that we can check out whenever. Afterwards, we told the hotel that we would check out by 6 pm but we would be running late because of traffic. GUESS WHAT THEY DID?! THEY MOVED OUR STUFF FROM OUR HOTEL ROOM. WE WERE NOT NOTIFIED. THEY LEFT IT AT THE FRONT DESK. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WANT YOUR PERSONAL BELONGINGS TO BE MOVED. We got there by 6:10 and we told them that hey, we told them we were running late. THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU CAN TOUCH OUR STUFF. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU WANT YOUR STUFF TO BE TOUCHED.

When we called back Southwest, the hotel informed them a different story. While we were there, another customer was trying to leave because he didn't feel safe at all either. I will be contacting management because this is INCONSIDERATE. Southwest, Priceline, any other services, you should not be partnering up with a DISRESPECTFUL, INCONSIDERATE AND UNPROFESSIONAL HOTEL/ INN.

Original review: July 15, 2014

This Roadway Inn (OLD Econo Lodge) 1401 Ocean Drive, Myrtle Beach, SC, is the filthiest hotel/motel that I have stayed in for the past 14 years. It was very dirty, the staff was not dressed professional nor did they act professional, they (2 women on duty) were very rude. My room was very small, smelled very bad, was HOT, paint peeling on the wall, rust was everywhere and it looked like someone had tried to get into the room by using a knife or screwdriver to pry the lock open. The screen on the TV looked like a Lava Lamp from the 60s (the picture kept going in and out, up and down). The A/C unit next to the bed ram all the time at high speed, it kept going off and on every few seconds, I had NO sleep while I was there.

The building must be close to 100 years old, it probably would cost less to tear it down and rebuild than to refurbish. I was at a complete surprise that Roadway Inn would let a franchise continue this way. I used 32,000 choice points for this room and I was unable to cancel when I got there or I would lose my points and no place to stay. The lobby was very small, only one or two small tables to sit at, no coffee maker in the room, no cont. breakfast in the morning, probably because the lobby was very small. The elevator was filthy inside and out, hot, and very slow. My room was on the 5th floor and I preferred to use the stairs which was also in very bad shape. Folks, PLEASE DO NOT STAY at this hotel, YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Rodeway Inns Company Information