3.3/5 (252 ratings)

About Radisson Hotels

Radisson Hotels Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Radisson Hotels?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Radisson Hotels?

Original review: April 11, 2022

Truly a great experience and getaway. Smiles and good people. The pool is enjoyable. Room is spacious and clean. Within distance to Applebee's and more. Not far from Raymond James Stadium. Love being here.

Original review: March 1, 2022

Recently stayed at a Radisson hotel that was absolutely filthy, with stains on carpeting, blood on towels and sheets, broken faucet/drain, orange tap water, green slime in pool, bedbugs, dead insects in windowsills, and inedible breakfast foods. When I brought the condition of my room to the attention of staff there, they did not act surprised that my room was dirty (or that someone else's clothes were in my bed, which had no blankets, by the way) and said they couldn't help. I ended up leaving the next day and was overcharged for my stay--something the hotel repeatedly refuses to refund.

I reached out to corporate about the conditions of this property, and while they acted concerned, did nothing to help me. I have asked them repeatedly to do an inspection of the hotel since it is not only a public health hazard, but it is located in a high crime neighborhood with no security, and cars get broken into in the parking lot on the regular (someone was actually arrested during my stay for trying to break in the hotel, which wouldn't be too hard because the keycards do not work and most of the deadbolts in the rooms are warped).

The hotel staff also uses bait-and-switch techniques when selling rooms--telling customers they have until 5pm on the day of to cancel or edit reservations, but when customers do actually try to edit them, they are told they do not honor this policy anymore and instead need a 72 cancellation window (even though the printed confirmation document they send to you states none of this). The hotel also claims to have COVID-19 protocol, but the rooms were not clean and none of the staff wore masks or socially distanced. In fact, when I got to my room, I wiped down surfaces in the bathroom and on the furniture with bleach wipes because things looked grimy, and the wipes did have dirt and dust on them, which indicates to me they did not actually clean anything in the room. My room also smelled like cigarette smoke despite a no-smoking policy.

I'm absolutely baffled that Radisson is not interested in keeping up their brand or doing any kind of reputation management by letting this hotel (located in Kalamazoo, MI) continue to operate. If you look at the reviews of this hotel, they've been bad for years, and while Radisson claims to be working with management to improve things, it's clear they aren't taking it seriously. I do not recommend any Radisson hotel property after this experience, because if you have issues (such as the hotel charging you for nights you did not stay) they will not step in and back you up, leaving you to pay an exorbitant amount for hotel rooms you did not use and were filled with bedbugs, dirt, and dried blood.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Run! Don’t stay in this dingy, dusty, filthy hotel. Staff extremely rude and incompetent including the “manager” Patrick. Used condom found in room, hair in bed and on sheets/pillow. Mold and mildew in shower on shower bench. Shower broken, had to locate my own maintenance man, asked for different room and was refused. Asked for full refund. Was refused. Patrick was rude, and had no control over workers and their incompetence. Was charged even though I used all points and worker who Checked me in couldn’t even tell me why. Spent more time on the phone with corporate that actually recouping. Filthy hotel! And noisy!!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

I was on my business trip to Oklahoma City on 08/17/2021 and since I am a Radisson Platinum member, Booked a room at Radisson airport. Planned to Get out of the plane, go to the room, and get ready for the following day's meeting. But unfortunately, everything went wrong until I left this the dump. Platinum members usually receive an upgrade, snack pack, bottled water, and breakfast in the morning. Anyhow, at the start, I checked in around 8 Pm with the snobbiest woman I ever met. It took her half an hour to check a room and then told me to grab A buttled water from a refrigerator for FREE. Well, I passed and head to the room to get some rest. She gave me a small room with a musty smell.

I walked in, turned the light and the TV on, and set the air. Then I decided to take a shower before ordering a uber eat. I Walked into the shower. There was one small towel, face Towel, and a washrag. ONE BODY LOTION and ONE used CONDITIONER. It was a mess. It seems like nobody has cleaned the room since the last guest. I called the front desk a little after nine and asked for Towel, Soap, and Shampoo. The same person at the front desk said. She will send someone with the towels. I sat there and watched tv and ordered the food, then called her back at 10:30 asked where the towels were. She said it is on its way. But nobody came. I called her at 11:30, and she was asleep. I asked where is the towel, she got angry and said; they have other things to do besides delivering the towels. It gets there when it gets there. I waited, but nobody ever showed up, and I fall asleep.

The next morning I Woke up WITH Bug Bite all over my back and shoulders. At 7:30 am. I did not take a shower. I washed my face, brushed my hair, called Uber, reserve a ride for 8:30, and wanted to get some Coffee and Breakfast before leaving for my meeting. However, there was nothing to eat. It looked like the employees had their breakfast (it looked like Eddy Murphy going to America movie Barbershop scene). I asked if they are going to bring some food, the answer was. "YOU CAN SCRAPE THE BOTTOM IF YOU WANT TO. IT STILL SOME THERE." WOW.

I walked to the counter and Wanted to speak with someone about the last night and dirty room. The young lady knew who I was talking About, and she said; has been cut before sleeping on the job. She took my phone number, my Platinum member number, and said the manager would be contacting me. They charged me 10,000 points and $70.00 cash for a $69 room, and nobody ever contacted me yet. Radisson hotels are getting worse by the day. I won't be surprised if they shut down or change hands. They have no management. I stayed in many Radissons and do not have anything good to say. I still have about 400,000 points, going to use them at Country Inn and Suites and never going back to Radisson.

Original review: June 1, 2021

This was a franchise owned location and the general Manager Stephen Lee is a disgusting liar that will charge you for even being 10 min past check out and will not care or give any hospitality, for this I have contact Radisson directly and they were of no help, this is why I will never use any of their locations ever again.

Original review: April 16, 2021

It did not have a restaurant, lounge, beach towels & umbrellas, Nonworking elevator And nonworking hot tub. The floor was sticky and I saw a roach at the coffee area in my room. Serious. The pool was not clean also. Checking out early, I addressed my concerns to the front to ask if they were extremely unprofessional and she knew I was leaving and did not inform me the elevator was out and I had to go down five flights of stairs with my luggage.

Original review: April 12, 2021

My stay at the Bismarck Radisson was the loudest and most horrible hotel stay I have ever had. After informing the front desk they asked me if I informed anyone at 3am. I said no. I just held my pillow over my head and sat there for 4 more hours.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

Terrible new year stay!! Complete mismanagement by Gm Vikas ** & staff. Had a very bad experience Of new year day 1/01/2021. Our stay at Radisson Shimla was Horrible. Stayed on 1/1/2021 in Room number 3405. Following issues faced;

1) Water was continues leaking from shower & taps.
    2) Poor heating system, too cold in room.
    3) Water in washroom was not hot.
    4) No action even after calling Number of times at reception.

5) Our luggage at our room was mixed with some others.

Moreover Since after our check at hotel & spending number of hours of requesting at reception staff to rectify faults. Only by 11:30 pm at night Gm Vikas ** told to shift to room which was in far of block. In Which shifting was impossible at that time of night. Overall it was a worst experience!!

Original review: July 18, 2020

The Customer service I have experienced with this hotel chain has been superb! I stayed with them both in Gdansk Poland and Lisbon Portugal within last year. Just a class act in my experience. I would highly recommend them.

Original review: June 6, 2020

Having to cancel our trip to England because of the Covid 19 pandemic I was delighted with all of the hotels we had booked with one exception. Each one, Hilton, Marriott and Hampton Inns gave a full cash refund. The one exception was The Park Plaza, Westminster Bridge Hotel in London. In my initial phone call with Radisson I was told that I could expect a full cash refund but because of the volume of cancellations it might take several weeks before the refund would show on my credit card. Since then the policy on Covid19 appears to have changed. I have now been told that there will be no cash refund or even an eCredit. Warning to other travelers. Stick with those hotels that are giving credits during these difficult times like Hilton and Marriott when making future plans. Very shortsighted view by Radisson. Something this frequent traveler will keep in mind.

Radisson Hotels author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Radisson first opened in 1909 in Minneapolis, and the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group acquired it in 1962. The Carlson Group owns more than 1,300 hotels, nearly 200 of which are Radisson Hotels. Amenities vary by location and may include pools, fitness centers and onsite restaurants, so travelers should check the hotel’s website before booking.

• Parking: Radisson’s Park & Stay package allows guests to leave their cars in the hotel’s parking lot for up to 15 days, saving them money on airport parking. Guests can also pay for additional days of parking.

• Service: The Yes I Can program promotes a company culture that encourages employees to assist guests with their travel needs. Radisson strives to build relationships with customers through its employees’ hospitality.

• Club Carlson: Radisson’s free rewards program, Club Carlson, can be used at any Carlson Rezidor property. Guests can earn points for staying at a Carlson Rezidor hotel and when they make purchases at one of the group’s partners: Vinesse Wine Clubs, FTD Flowers and ScoreBig Tickets.

• Credit Card: Members of Club Carlson earn extra points when they pay with a Club Carlson Visa card. They also earn points for every dollar they spend using the credit card, regardless of the merchant. New cardholders can receive as many as 85,000 bonus points when they’re approved.

• Discounts: Radisson Hotels offer a variety of deals and discounts that vary from location to location and change throughout the year. The most current promotions can always be found on the Radisson website.

Radisson Hotels Company Information