2.54/5

112 Radisson Hotels Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 16, 2019

Radisson Hotel Niagara Falls-Grand Island. Greenly it is a pity that the hotel having an excellent location and a well designed structure does not do the maintenance or the necessary arrangements so that the guests can enjoy the place. The hotel needs to be repaired/remodeled and have new carpets, furniture and paint, more than a luxury hotel like the Radisson hotels. This one is look like abandoned. The entrance to the hotel horrible, holes in the walls and floor and dirty. The front desk service is terrible.

When you are in the room nobody answer the phone the times we call for questions. The restaurant supposed closed at 9 pm on Saturday and when we went to see that we could have for dinner after having driven 10 hours It was 8:34 and that was all closed, bad service. The breakfast buffet at a cost of 9.95 is no more than a simple continental breakfast, nothing fancy, simple and horrible coffee. The truth is that if that hotel does not remodel and they do maintenance soon, not many people will stay there. I have stayed in other Radisson hotels but I have never seen a hotel that did not have adequate maintenance to receive guests. All the furniture in all the rooms that the hotel has are old, areas that do not work, are not open, closed places that should be creative and make a pleasant place for guests. The photos on the website would be when they just opened that hotel because it is not what you see in photos.

Original review: June 1, 2019

Awful experience. I asked for extra towels and was told that this hotel does not allow guests. When I tried to explain I was here for graduation and my daughter was staying with family that she just came to get ready, I was basically called a liar and asked to leave the property. I said I would gladly leave with a 400 refund which is what I paid for 2 nights. Was told that I'm not getting a refund and was only there for 39 minutes. When I refused to leave until I received my refund, they called police. Never ever been treated like this before. Do not recommend this hotel to anyone. Beautiful rooms, horrible customer service

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Hotel manager stole my money. I left $450 in a money clip in the room. Maid turned it into front desk, front desk called me to tell me I left it behind. By that time I was already several hours away so I told them to mail it. After several days not receiving it front desk said it was turned over to the general manager to mail to me. I asked for a callback. Called every couple days to speak with the "general manager." They were never there nor ever called me back nor ever returned my money clip. Now have Radisson Corporate offices involved. Such a shame that it was management here that is dishonest. Looks like Radisson corporate won't do anything either stating "has to be resolved by the property." Case # **

Original review: April 27, 2019

We are the grandparents of a bride... We are 77 yrs old and 85 yrs. We were in our room sleeping and the security person banged on our door at 230 in the morning and said our TV was too loud. My husband turned it low and then in a half hour 2 men came back and banged at the door again and said to turn the TV OFF. We were in a corner room with stairway next to us. I was so scared that they were intruders. We've been to thousands of hotels and motels and never had this before. There was partying going on in the hotel as there were two wedding that had gone on. I will never stay at a Radisson again. It was frightening.... In the morning the girl at desk apologized. Don't know who the security guard was or the other guy??? Please check this out.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I was quite impressed by our stay at the Radisson, our room was up to date, the staff was very nice and although there were several large groups staying there at the same time the service did not suffer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Radisson Hotels?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Should be closed down. The worst experience ever. Was there and left. The board of health should investigate this hotel. Every was dirty and place has an Odor of death. People there left us without a place to stay.

Original review: July 9, 2018

I had the worst experience this past weekend. We specifically came to this hotel for the pool and it was closed the entire stay. Each time we asked about the pool (before arrival, at check in and during the stay) was told the pool will open shortly. If it was known the pool was not going to be fully operational just be honest about it. Our quick weekend getaway to relax was ruined. We could have stayed elsewhere and actually enjoyed ourselves.

The entire stay was horrible. Loud children running through the halls, rude front desk staff, long check in/out lines, uncomfortable beds and lastly being charged three times for the stay. Nothing about this trip was relaxing. In fact, we left more stressed than we came. This is absolutely unacceptable. I was told by two separate managers that I would get a call and that never happened. This hotel is poorly managed. I witnessed numerous guests being unsatisfied with their stay as well. The ONLY positive was how friendly the restaurant and valet staff were.

Original review: June 24, 2018

The service at the Radisson at Valley Forge Casino Resort in King of Prussia, PA is absolutely horrible. It was a horrible nightmare after driving for 4 hours! My mom made a reservation for 3 rooms for 2 nights for my family to attend my cousin's wedding. When my mom arrived they couldn’t find her reservation, after a half hour she was able to check in 2 of the rooms. I was not arriving until the following morning and when I got there to check in they first told me they had no record of the reservation. Then my mom came down to say it was under her name and switched to mine. They had given the room away! So it is now 10:30. My cousin's wedding is at 11:30 so we have to get ready in my sister's room.

They take our information and tell us that since they are completely booked a room won’t be ready until 3. At 1:30 I called to possibly see if the room would be ready early, they told me they had no record of us! I don't know how this place runs a successful business!! This is the worst service I have ever received. The people at the front desk were useless. They just stood there staring at the computer screen, they did not apologize or try to make anything work, and the man that we were talking to was the same man mom checked in with the night before so how the same person can be so confused and screw up a reservation within less than 10 hours is crazy. This hotel was for all the wedding guests and they screwed up a lot of the reservations. This was horrible service! I would not recommend staying here!! It was a bad nightmare!

Original review: May 29, 2018

RADISSON BLU PORTMAN HOTEL - I recently purchased a service (6 nights stay) online, and then cancelled the reservation in less than 72 hours (as my circumstances changed) unaware that I was not entitled to a refund, the property (Radisson Blu Portman Hotel in London) have told me that I had purchased a "nonrefundable" package, hence I was not entitled to any refund. When I looked at the cancellation policy, it did not state anything to the effect that what I had purchased was nonrefundable as alleged by the property. The cancellation policy was vague and I am disappointed to note this hotel (presumably a reputable hotel) refuses to refund a reasonable amount. I did not travel to the UK and have lost pound sterling 1011, an unpleasant experience for someone who has never set foot or for that matter never travelled to the UK. Watch out people.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I reviewed rates in the area and the Radisson had the best rate but check in isn’t until 3 pm so instead of booking online I decided to go in to make my reservation to see if they would allow. Earlier check when I walk to front desk no one was there. An older man came over. Ask how he could help me. Told him need a room. He said, "No rooms available for you." Didn’t bother to open computer to even check or recommend another place or time to come back. I went outside and booked online with no problem. Plenty available rooms. I made complaint when I came back to check in at 4 but no response or followup. I complained again at check out and again nothing. I called Corp and made complaint on Friday. They claimed someone would follow up. Called back today because no followup and the response I received was, "We will refund you because no one called you back" but did not address the discrimination that I received.

Radisson Hotels expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Radisson first opened in 1909 in Minneapolis, and the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group acquired it in 1962. The Carlson Group owns more than 1,300 hotels, nearly 200 of which are Radisson Hotels. Amenities vary by location and may include pools, fitness centers and onsite restaurants, so travelers should check the hotel’s website before booking.

• Parking: Radisson’s Park & Stay package allows guests to leave their cars in the hotel’s parking lot for up to 15 days, saving them money on airport parking. Guests can also pay for additional days of parking.

• Service: The Yes I Can program promotes a company culture that encourages employees to assist guests with their travel needs. Radisson strives to build relationships with customers through its employees’ hospitality.

• Club Carlson: Radisson’s free rewards program, Club Carlson, can be used at any Carlson Rezidor property. Guests can earn points for staying at a Carlson Rezidor hotel and when they make purchases at one of the group’s partners: Vinesse Wine Clubs, FTD Flowers and ScoreBig Tickets.

• Credit Card: Members of Club Carlson earn extra points when they pay with a Club Carlson Visa card. They also earn points for every dollar they spend using the credit card, regardless of the merchant. New cardholders can receive as many as 85,000 bonus points when they’re approved.

• Discounts: Radisson Hotels offer a variety of deals and discounts that vary from location to location and change throughout the year. The most current promotions can always be found on the Radisson website.

• Best for: Radisson hotels are good for travelers, of all types, who like to take advantage of rewards programs and those who appreciate a very hospitable staff.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs