2.60/5
Based on 83 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

106 Radisson Hotels Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 9, 2018

I had the worst experience this past weekend. We specifically came to this hotel for the pool and it was closed the entire stay. Each time we asked about the pool (before arrival, at check in and during the stay) was told the pool will open shortly. If it was known the pool was not going to be fully operational just be honest about it. Our quick weekend getaway to relax was ruined. We could have stayed elsewhere and actually enjoyed ourselves.

The entire stay was horrible. Loud children running through the halls, rude front desk staff, long check in/out lines, uncomfortable beds and lastly being charged three times for the stay. Nothing about this trip was relaxing. In fact, we left more stressed than we came. This is absolutely unacceptable. I was told by two separate managers that I would get a call and that never happened. This hotel is poorly managed. I witnessed numerous guests being unsatisfied with their stay as well. The ONLY positive was how friendly the restaurant and valet staff were.

Original review: June 24, 2018

The service at the Radisson at Valley Forge Casino Resort in King of Prussia, PA is absolutely horrible. It was a horrible nightmare after driving for 4 hours! My mom made a reservation for 3 rooms for 2 nights for my family to attend my cousin's wedding. When my mom arrived they couldn’t find her reservation, after a half hour she was able to check in 2 of the rooms. I was not arriving until the following morning and when I got there to check in they first told me they had no record of the reservation. Then my mom came down to say it was under her name and switched to mine. They had given the room away! So it is now 10:30. My cousin's wedding is at 11:30 so we have to get ready in my sister's room.

They take our information and tell us that since they are completely booked a room won’t be ready until 3. At 1:30 I called to possibly see if the room would be ready early, they told me they had no record of us! I don't know how this place runs a successful business!! This is the worst service I have ever received. The people at the front desk were useless. They just stood there staring at the computer screen, they did not apologize or try to make anything work, and the man that we were talking to was the same man mom checked in with the night before so how the same person can be so confused and screw up a reservation within less than 10 hours is crazy. This hotel was for all the wedding guests and they screwed up a lot of the reservations. This was horrible service! I would not recommend staying here!! It was a bad nightmare!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: May 29, 2018

RADISSON BLU PORTMAN HOTEL - I recently purchased a service (6 nights stay) online, and then cancelled the reservation in less than 72 hours (as my circumstances changed) unaware that I was not entitled to a refund, the property (Radisson Blu Portman Hotel in London) have told me that I had purchased a "nonrefundable" package, hence I was not entitled to any refund. When I looked at the cancellation policy, it did not state anything to the effect that what I had purchased was nonrefundable as alleged by the property. The cancellation policy was vague and I am disappointed to note this hotel (presumably a reputable hotel) refuses to refund a reasonable amount. I did not travel to the UK and have lost pound sterling 1011, an unpleasant experience for someone who has never set foot or for that matter never travelled to the UK. Watch out people.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I reviewed rates in the area and the Radisson had the best rate but check in isn’t until 3 pm so instead of booking online I decided to go in to make my reservation to see if they would allow. Earlier check when I walk to front desk no one was there. An older man came over. Ask how he could help me. Told him need a room. He said, "No rooms available for you." Didn’t bother to open computer to even check or recommend another place or time to come back. I went outside and booked online with no problem. Plenty available rooms. I made complaint when I came back to check in at 4 but no response or followup. I complained again at check out and again nothing. I called Corp and made complaint on Friday. They claimed someone would follow up. Called back today because no followup and the response I received was, "We will refund you because no one called you back" but did not address the discrimination that I received.

Original review: April 2, 2018

Stayed on 4th floor of hotel 3rd week of March 2018. Carpet Dirty. Could see the plumbing fixtures under the sink in the bathroom. Bathroom door did not close - warped or needed to be rehung. When we arrived - Patio door was off the hinges. Seats on patio needed to be repainted. Housekeeping - did not replace the glasses in the bathroom. When we asked for room service - there is nowhere to put the tray - I wiped off the counter and it was extremely dirty - and towel was grey from the dirt. The above was NOT caused by any hurricane damage - but by a hotel that sadly needs to be completely renovated. We will not be returning.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Radisson Hotels?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

We stayed a week at the Radisson in Merrillville, Indiana and the people were wonderful to us. It was a graduation party for my daughter from the time we got there to the time we left. We ended our stay with a cake and pool party.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Radisson Hotels in Macon, GA. It was great! Once we turned in to rest, we were able to do so with peace and quietness. The room was clean and fresh and the front desk clerk was genuine and respectful.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

This note is to share your feedback that you belong to service industry, that too exclusive ( 5-star ) service industry, but your dealings are highly disappointing as somehow I have realized that Radisson is believing just to grab the money from the people because we almost 10 families together had taken the membership each in the month of April. Since that month we hadn’t used any of the services bought and now when we (2 families) tried to avail it you are not catering us and it presents that you had already taken business from us and now you’ll prefer the new ones because that old business would help to close your current targets.

Below I am mentioning the whole situation which proves that the above mentioned facts are absolutely right-: I called yesterday to book my room and when I inquired about the availability, the attendant said yes for the date of 16th Nov 2017, but when I shared that I need my complimentary room which I got at the time of taking membership they said that rooms were not available. Even though if it is the policy then if one can comes to the office to collect the money just to create a sale then one should be guided about the company’s terms in brief at the time of enrollment which was not at all done. Even I was informed that whenever I would like to have my services, I can avail them.

So at last I would request you to refund us the paid amount because of your highly dissatisfied services because even now if I call regarding my query then the evening staff of Radisson hotel only has 1 answer that all such situations are managed by third party so they cannot assist us. Whereas I feel that whatever membership we had taken that was just because of this hotel’s name, we do not know any of the 2nd or 3rd party. I would be grateful if you’ll refund our money as whenever I’ve discussed this problem with any of the other people who have availed your services they too complained about your non responsiveness. I look forward to further correspondence.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

This note is to share your feedback that you belong to service industry that too exclusive (5-star) service industry but your dealings are highly disappointing as somehow I have realised that Radisson is believing just to grab the money from the people because we almost 10 families together had taken the membership each in the month of April. Since that month we hadn't used any of the services bought and now when we (2 families) tried to avail it you are not catering us and it presents that you had already taken business from us and now you'll prefer the new ones because that old business would help to close your current targets. Below I am mentioning the whole situation which proves that the above mentioned facts are absolutely right:

I called yesterday to book my room and when I enquired about the availability, the attendant said yes for the date of 16th Nov 2017, but when I shared that I need my complimentary room which I got at the time of taking membership they said that rooms were not available. Even though if it is the policy then if one can comes to the office to collect the money just to create a sale then one should be guided about the company's terms in brief at the time of enrolment which was not at all done. Even I was informed that whenever I would like to have my services, I can avail them.

So at last I would request you to refund us the paid amount because of your highly dissatisfied services because even now if I call regarding my query then the evening staff of Radisson Hotel only has 1 answer that all such situations are managed by third party so they cannot assist us. Whereas I feel that whatever membership we had taken that was just because of this hotel's name, we do not know any of the 2nd or 3rd party. I would be grateful if you'll refund our money as whenever I've discussed this problem with any of the other people who have availed your services they too complained about your non responsiveness. I look forward to further correspondence.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Radisson Hotels in Roseville, MN USA - They kicked me out of the hotel at 10:30 pm, accused me of smoking (I don't smoke), called the police on me who came to my door and I was in bed watching tv. I'm a 56 years old and was in town taking care of my deceased mom's estate. I was appalled at this mistreatment. I was charged for my entire three nights though I was only there one night plus an additional $250.00 smoking charge which actually violates MN statute which allows them to charge 25.00 or actual damages which they had none.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

This is the second Comfort Inn we stayed at in the Altoona/Duncansville, PA area. Hotel was clean; employees friendly and helpful; breakfast excellent; beds so comfortable; rooms quiet. Everything we needed for a great stay.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I stayed in the Edinburgh One on the weekend for two night. Pay £215 per night but was disappointed. There wasn’t no breakfast in the price. On the Saturday afternoon Me, husband and friends thought we have a drink in bar but we stood there for about 15 minutes to get served. The bar staff completely ignored us. There wasn’t anybody wait for drinks. Only us. The bar lady just kept cleaning. After I shouted to her are I’m invisible she still ignored us. Wasn’t very happy with the way we was treated. After we pay good money to stay there. I was in the same hotel in Cardiff the week before and all staff went out of their way to help me.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Enjoyable stay at Radisson in Yuma, Arizona, in every respect. Friendly and professional staff, clean rooms great amenities, and perks. Breakfast was not fantastic, mostly the same thing over and over each day.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

Recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside - For a 15 story hotel and booked quite full, most of the time only one elevator out of 4 worked, not enough clothing carts, no restroom facilities in the Lobby Area (only in restaurant when open), very dirty carpet in rooms, dining facilities could not handle the guests because of understaffed. Had to walk a block to get a cup of coffee because dining room was full, when seated in dining room wait staff was sparse and many got up and left after an hour of wait to take an order. Please note I stayed there 4 nights and it should have been an exciting time and turned out to be a nightmare. Desk staff seemed not to care at all and were not apologetic. Now if you do not believe me check out the other guests from 8/26/17 thru 8/30/17.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

I just had the worst experience here. Here am paying for a room (not begging) in Panama when a friend of mine who knows I'm in Panama pays me a surprise visit. I don't want to stay downstairs going up to my room security stops me and directs me to front desk. This is the great part Rommel at front desk tells me I have to pay for my friend to my room. I told him I'd pay if she was overnighting but we were just looking for a quiet place. He called his supervisor Sacado after who then echoed the same thing saying it was hotel policy. I asked them to show me were in the hotel's policy I am barred from having guest in my room. Which they could not show of course. They barred me from my room and said I'd have to entertain my friend in the lounge. They practically treat her like a hooker to my horror.

After a while I could not bear the humiliation these people were meting out. They actually had a security person monitoring (and I mean hovering over us). We took our conversation outside because it was overbearing. Keep in mind Panama City is... a place to be wary at night even close to the hotel. I going to seek legal advice on this and I'm sure that the big boys on top won't lose any sleep on this but I needed a place to voice my disappointment on this matter. Other than that the stay was good.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I called the hotel to cancel my reservation and was informed by the hotel front desk that the reservation was cancelled and was told very clearly that I would be charged only for one day at the most or would be refunded completely since it was a no show. When I called Radisson Hotel again to confirm the refund, they refused saying that there is no calls from me regarding the cancellation whereas I have proof from my phone records that I called Radisson Hotel and talked to their front desk regarding the cancellation. Also, their director ** refuses to go through their call records. It is not my fault that their staff is not trained well and that it was not logged. Their staff should be trained to correctly advise the customers and be honest enough to record the cancellations. Never ever book into Radisson Hotel - 4444 Gateway boulevard and through hotels.com.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

The room was very clean and tidy. The staff cleaned it frequently. Sheets and pillows were clean. There was no dust or dirt on the bed or floors. Even the window bed was clean. I don't remember much about the amenities available besides the standard shampoos and hair dryer. But the room was shared with 4 other people and the amenities were kept restocked. The customer service was good.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

A home away from home, fully stocked bathrooms, excellent accommodations, comfortable beds, convenient location to restaurants and main highways. Nice pool area and convenient ice machines, free breakfast and early morning wake up call if necessary, convenient location to attractions nearby and shopping centers. An unexpected bonus for something you would normally do on your road trip... free nights for what you would normally do anyway. Pleasant surroundings and helpful clerks make your stay enjoyable. Smiling clerks who cheerfully answer your questions. Very helpful late night arrival and pleasant surroundings. Maid service if you need it no matter what time of day.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2016

Was very clean and respectfully kept up. Bathrooms were clean and beds were nicely made every day. It is one of the cleanest hotels I have stayed at. There was an outdoor pool, fitness room, also a bar and we could see Alcatraz from our balcony while sitting out there. It was a fun hotel. Customer service was great. They gave us extra pillows at the front desk and were always very eager to help when we asked for advice or directions.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2016

Everything seemed new and freshly laundered. Common areas were well-kept and nice. Housekeeping came on time and took care of all the linens and stuff. All was good. It was all standard stuff. Fitness room, pool, everything was hotel good. Every place you looked, good hotel stuff. The lobby was well-lit and had ample seating. I'm not a member of the rewards program, but I saw a couple of people who were, and they seemed to be pretty happy with all the stuff they got from it. Everybody at this hotel was super nice. The front desk staff was really helpful and friendly, the housekeeping staff was prompt and thoughtful, and the maintenance people said hi when you walked down the hallway.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

The beds were always made just right and the bathroom and the rest of the room was always clean just right when we returned back to our room at the end of the day. The hotel had free parking for its guests, also there was a restaurant/bar on site. There were both an indoor and outdoor pool. They also had a play/movie room for children. They had their own laundromat and store on site for guests. I'm not real sure actually about their rewards program as that I am not a member of this program. It would be something that I would be interested in doing research on because I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and would enjoy staying at another Radisson in the future. Everyone at the front desk, the maids we came into contact with, the employees in their restaurant, and stores on site were all very friendly and helpful to us during our stay.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2016

You will like it very much and love it and want to come back and want to stay again. Bathroom was clean and sink was clean and very nice. It was very comfortable and you will love it very much. We were treated very nicely and service was good and nice and you will want to come back again and you will love it.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

It was clean enough for a short stay when we stayed there. It had good service, and good location. The service people kept the room in good shape for as long as we were there. Overall the amenities were good. We had coffee in the room as well as other things like iron and hair dryer. We had clean towels and shampoo and conditioner and the hotel has a small spa where we could exercise. The customer service was pretty good. We had no issues with the hotel.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

The hotel was clean and up to my standards. I didn't see anything I was unsatisfied with. The bedroom was tidy and beds were made. The main lobby area was very clean too. There were nice amenities but nothing out of the ordinary from any other hotel. I was very pleased with the service as we didn't want or need anything over the top. People were very friendly and polite. They helped us with whatever we needed and answered any questions we had with a smile. They were fast and kind.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

It was very clean; I was really impressed. Honestly, for the price I paid I wasn't expecting much, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was very nice. Would love to stay there again! Had a continental breakfast, coffee pot, oven, stove, refrigerator, freezer, microwave (an entire mini kitchen), as well as a bathroom with toilet, shower and sink. The bathroom was quite spacious, too- loved that! It was perfect! The staff was so friendly. They made the stay even better. I wasn't there for great reasons and the staff made my visit much more pleasant.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

Neat and clean rooms, excellent bathroom cleaning, furniture very clean and wiped down, beds in excellent condition, nice welcome and easily filled out forms, good location, safe area, pleasant surroundings. Had an excellent swimming pool, plus changing area, inside pool which made it easy to go from room to pool. Good breakfast in the morning and employees very accommodating and friendly. Relatively comfortable with newspapers in morning and continental breakfast. There is a point system based and contingent on number of nights you stay at the hotel. Of course, the longer the stay, the greater points or rewards in regards to free overnight stay. Worth looking into. Great for family and romantic evening. The staff was extremely attentive to any questions but more important, working on solutions, whether it was for a listing on how to get to a location or their recommendations for food (which was excellent) or places to go and see.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

Room was clean and comfortable. Amenities were great. Love when bathroom has Jacuzzi tubs. Want place that offers buffet breakfast in the morning. Enjoy large rooms and free movies. Enjoy big bathtubs because I want bubble baths when I am on vacation. You get discounts on rooms and receive coupons to use at restaurants near the hotel. You get discounts on other hotels in the chain as well. You get free room service and can get upgrades when you are nice to front desk employees. The concierge helps arrange transportation to different tourist sites you're interested in visiting.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

When I stayed at a Radisson Hotel in Florida it was very clean and updated. It felt like a luxury hotel but was not very expensive. There was no dirt and the sheets and blankets were very fresh. My favorite part of this hotel was the outdoor area and swimming pool. The pool was very innovative in that it had lights and music that you could hear only under the water! It was very cool and I've never seen it anywhere else! The employees at this hotel were very friendly and personable. We did not eat at the hotel so we only encountered the people at the front desk and the bellboy. They were very pleasant!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

It was so immaculate. I was impressed with the cleanliness of the lobby and our room and would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. I would stay every night if my financial situation would allow for that. The amenities were great. They came to your room to offer anything you could ask for. There were plenty of towels clean and the best shampoo and conditioner that you will find at any hotel. I loved the coffee they supply for your room and room service. The rewards program was ok. I didn't really earn a lot of rewards but the room itself and the courtesy was reward enough for me. I really appreciated the hospitality they showed us and the free breakfast they offered. They were very courteous and the nicest people that I have ever met. They made you feel at home. We hated to leave. Wanted to stay longer. Wish we could have.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Bedrooms were neat as a pin! Would stay there anytime I travel! Bathrooms were spotless! So refreshing from other hotels! No dust! Even smelled fresh when you walked into the room! Linens were soft and clean! Free breakfast in the morning, which is a must for me! Morning newspapers available! Plus, pamphlets for neighboring things to do! A gym to work out and some have a pool! What more can you ask for! After staying so many nights, you can accrue a free night!! This is an added bonus!!! Great service, great place and a free room! Plus, other discount if you have an AAA card! Try it just once!! You will love it!! They were always very cordial and polite. If I asked for any assistance, they would quickly assist for anything needed. Towels, forgotten items you left at home or questions on area attractions.

Radisson Hotels expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Radisson first opened in 1909 in Minneapolis, and the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group acquired it in 1962. The Carlson Group owns more than 1,300 hotels, nearly 200 of which are Radisson Hotels. Amenities vary by location and may include pools, fitness centers and onsite restaurants, so travelers should check the hotel’s website before booking.

• Parking: Radisson’s Park & Stay package allows guests to leave their cars in the hotel’s parking lot for up to 15 days, saving them money on airport parking. Guests can also pay for additional days of parking.

• Service: The Yes I Can program promotes a company culture that encourages employees to assist guests with their travel needs. Radisson strives to build relationships with customers through its employees’ hospitality.

• Club Carlson: Radisson’s free rewards program, Club Carlson, can be used at any Carlson Rezidor property. Guests can earn points for staying at a Carlson Rezidor hotel and when they make purchases at one of the group’s partners: Vinesse Wine Clubs, FTD Flowers and ScoreBig Tickets.

• Credit Card: Members of Club Carlson earn extra points when they pay with a Club Carlson Visa card. They also earn points for every dollar they spend using the credit card, regardless of the merchant. New cardholders can receive as many as 85,000 bonus points when they’re approved.

• Discounts: Radisson Hotels offer a variety of deals and discounts that vary from location to location and change throughout the year. The most current promotions can always be found on the Radisson website.

• Best for: Radisson hotels are good for travelers, of all types, who like to take advantage of rewards programs and those who appreciate a very hospitable staff.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs