3.7/5 (553 ratings)

About Qantas

Qantas Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Qantas?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2023

Qantas Customer Care ref #** 1. Customer Care officer, Zoe, emailed me on 8/1/23 asking for documents in order to process GBP£1,239.50 owed to me. Responding to her email, I send all requested documents. 2. I receive an automated email stating: "It appears your reference ID is not attached to your correspondence or invalid." 3. I send a complaint to Qantas via this online form. 4. 20/1/23, Zoe again emails me apologising for some "duplication" issue, and asks again for the documents, as well as a screenshot of the error email. 5. I again respond to her email, attaching all documents requested.

6. Immediately, I receive the same error email. 7. I phone the Qantas helpline, and speak to a Rachel. She informs me that there is in fact no way to contact Customer Care by phone. I was told a week ago, at the same number, to phone during Australian working hours to speak with Customer Care. Rachel tells me she will email Customer Care with my issue, and they will email me. When told that all my emails in response to Customer Care result in automated error emails, Rachel replies, "That's all I can do." 8. Qantas, your incompetence and unprofessionalism is outrageous!!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2023

I suggest never travel with injections in Qantas as they don’t allow to put injections in freeze, not provide ice packs, not put your ice backs in freeze and if you force they gives ice cubes in paper bag which melt quickly with damaging injections box. Super upset with Qantas. If your airline commit the freeze facility please take in writing as staff is super rude and don’t care of neither 1000s dollars injection nor well beings of person. No sympathy for special needs customers.

Also, they skipped my breakfast and haven’t severed and when I told they told me that we don’t have anything for vegetarian whereas I saw that I do was served to other customers as well as haven’t provided proper food for dinner, snacks and lunch is just boiled veggies with no spices and salt. Extremely poor Service of staff. Staff asked me to eat chicken whereas I already told that I requested strict vegetarian meals (jain).

Third thing is miscommunication, I booked the flight and then they changed it so I called customer service that 50 mins will not be enough to change the flight from international to domestic flight whereas they clearly told that it’s enough as I don’t have to take luggage and immigration clear which was denied at checkin so required to change the flight in last minute which was big hassle. This is so much upsetting.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2023

Since Oct 2022, I still have not received any resolution to my concerns and complaints where I mentioned following.

1. Ticket was not issued until the 26/10 when my flight was on the 22/10, resulted I was humiliated and harassment at all the airports.

2. My luggage was missing and found after 96 hours, resulting no clothes to wear.

3. Missing luggage was damaged,..

4. My luggage was opened without my permission or consent.

5. My clothes and power bank were stolen.

6. My luggage was opened and stolen 6 shirts, 6 pants, 2 sweaters, and 1 pajama.

7. I’m by knowing I booked international flight, so went to international airport, At the airport I was as told I’m at the wrong airport. There is nothing mentioned on there the flight would be from the domestic airport. This caused me unnecessary stress before flying.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

I had a terrible experience during the flight landing. The weather was sunny and good. Because of a lot of sudden terrifying movement, I felt vomiting. It looked like the pilot couldn't control the airplane. I hope they use skillful pilots!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

Had a return international flight for January 1st that was cancelled by Qantas a day before departure. This ticket was double the price than the usual USA to Australia trip would be. The qantas system rerouted me from 2 stops to 3 stops. I called customer service to reroute me as my itinerary originally was booked. This took 7 calls with 6 hours of wasted time due to dropped calls and incompetent customer service. They found an identical itinerary but couldn't issue an e-ticket because I wasn’t actually booked on the flight I had spent 1 hour with customer service on. This is where the next 5 hours were wasted.

I was finally booked on an identical itinerary a day later however now I’m in a middle seat with no way of upgrading or moving my seat collection. I’m sitting here in the airport writing this as the flight is now 1 hour late. I mean better safe than sorry but what a disgusting experience. Most airlines suck, but I always thought qantas was better…Never flying with them again.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

I bought a flight ticket from Wagga - Sydney - Santiago. As we are moving to Sydney, we tried to see if she could depart from Sydney instead of Wagga. Qantas asked us to pay almost 900 AUD for departing from Sydney instead. The flight from Wagga to Sydney costs 200-300 normally, so I find this extremely unreasonable. I would be ok with this if it was written in the terms and conditions of my ticket, but it is not. The conditions say 290AUD for exchanging before the departure + fares and taxes (so these fares and taxes are 600!? they are whatever they want?!). I tried to solve this issue in multiple ways, cancelling the flight and buying another one but it is even more expensive. This flight is for an old person so we don't want her to travel back to Wagga and then again to Sydney if unnecessary. Very disappointing.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

Booked flight with Qantas for friend from Bangkok to Brisbane via Sydney, flight arrival was late but not a big issue. The return flight was terrible, the worse I have experience with Qantas, my friend was to catch the 7:10 shuttle to Sydney to meet up with the 10:30 flight to Bangkok, I booked flights 4 months ago. The day before the shuttle back to Sydney I checked flight, time, etc and noticed that daylight saving were in effect in Sydney. Arrived at Brisbane domestic airport at 4am to try to get earlier flight cause I knew my friend who was on her first trip to Australia would be hard pressed to make the Bangkok flight.

I told the lady at check in desk my thoughts, plane was suppose to land at 8:30 am, now daylight savings 9:30, but the Qantas lady said the booking would not have been made if the connection could not be met. So checked in waiting now for shuttle, I not certain so went back to check in spoke to another Qantas lady who said she be ok to board flight to Bangkok, I even called Qantas to ask for earlier seat. The Guy told me if I paid $604 dollars she could catch the 6:50 shuttle, 10 minutes than the original flight she was booked on, so in the end my friend was in a line of people, about 200 or more and her flight left while she was waiting to get into terminal, so annoying, I not sure what is happening at Qantas but this is un-Australian....we need another carrier.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

Qantas lost 2 of our baggages on the trip from Sydney to Adelaide. 6 months later one of our bags was found and sent to us. However one is still lost. When we tried to claim compensation for it, the insurance company needs a letter from Qantas stating that the bag has been lost. We have been trying to contact whoever we can through the customer service number, the baggage claim number but no one seems to be able to give us a letter stating that our bag is lost! It has been 7 months and we still don't know how to go about this and no one seems to be helping us from Qantas! Everyone seems to be passing the buck around and we are still left without our bag or any compensation.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2022

Very rude staff on Sydney to New Delhi flight. Seen staff arguing uselessly with almost 6 people in my cabin including me. Almost all of staff with mask below nose. No etiquette whatsoever regarding customer service. Felt like being on a hijacked flight through the whole journey. An old couple in front of me accidentally pressed call button twice, got scolded like unimaginable. Never again. Qantas has gone down the drain that quickly, can't imagine.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

Had not been flying with Qantas for several years but thought to give Qantas a try. Booked a business class flight from JKT to Brisbane via Sydney. Supposed to depart on October 16, 2022 at 20.10. But then the flights were rescheduled to 23.30 and then ended to 00.25. I had selected seat 2C for the Sydney - Brisbane flight, but when arriving at the airport found out that my seat is changed back to 14E. The worst part is that the connecting flight is not only rescheduled, but is downgraded to ECONOMY, whilst I am paying >AUD 6.500 for those ONE WAY flights.

Qantas should be ashamed of this marginal quality and service and should refund my money and send an apology. The ground staff in JKT said many wrong information on why my Sydney - Brisbane flight is not only rescheduled but also downgraded. They said they are working long hours and very tired as an excuse for delivering many wrong information.

Qantas author review by Erika Armstrong

Qantas was founded in 1920 under the name Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services Limited. Today, this airline is the largest in Australia for both domestic and international travel and one of the nation's largest employers with a roll call of more than 30,000.

• International flights: Get a nonstop flight from Los Angeles to major airports in Australia including Brisbane, Melbourne, Auckland and Sydney.

• Business Essentials program: Easy management tools allows businesses to manage travel itineraries from a single platform.

• Flexible baggage allowance: The number of free checked bags varies based on itinerary, so longer trips may come with more free checked bags.

• Extensive partner network: With 28 partnering airlines, Qantas offers travelers multiple opportunities to earn points and rewards quickly.

• Seat selection: Qantas travelers have the option to select a seat location during check-in or buy an upgraded seat with extra legroom for a small additional fee.

by Erika Armstrong Airlines Advisor

From the front desk of a busy FBO to the captain's seat of a commercial airliner, Erika Armstrong has experienced everything aviation has to offer. She is the author of A CHICK IN THE COCKPIT and her aviation articles can be found at Consumer Affairs, Plane & Pilot, Flying.com, Disciples of Flight, NYC Aviation, Contrails, Mentor, General Aviation News and Business Insider.

Qantas Company Information