1.3/5 (1036 ratings)

About OneTravel

OneTravel is a travel website that offers booking services for flights, hotels, cars and vacation packages to destinations throughout the U.S. and across the globe. OneTravel offers discounts at over 84,000 hotels worldwide and compares flights from more than 600 airlines. OneTravel members earn reward points for each dollar members spend on the site, which they can use to get cheaper prices on future flights or hotel stays.

Pros

• Last-minute deals
  • Low prices
  • Multiple ways to search
  • Price match guarantee

Cons

• Booking fees
  • No refunds

Bottom Line

OneTravel lets travelers search for accommodations by destination, flight type and flight price. The company offers last-minute deals and discount codes. It charges booking and cancellation fees.

OneTravel Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneTravel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

Original review: April 27, 2020

Beware of OneTravel.com! After several attempts to talk with a live person through OneTravel call center, I finally decided to complete a refund form. I did not ask for a cancellation but a refund based on the information provided on the airline web page. Before I filled out the refund form, my flight time was initially changed by Onetravel.com, and later, I received another information regarding canceled/suspension of flight to Florida Miami. The airline had since communicated a message of a full refund to all customers, as stipulated by the Covid19 ACT.

Please, beware that OneTravel.com has automatedly turned a refund form to a cancellation form that allowed them as a fraudulent company to charge customers a fee or hold customers' money, a total disregard to the presidential proclamation. If you select a refund, they automatically send you an email stating, "We have received your cancel/change request for booking #" meaning, you have indicated to cancel your flight with a fee. Technically, they are charging customers extra money for service-not-provided. A scam as worst as Covid-19 itself.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Updated on 05/13/2020: I have so many problems which affects my flight and I have been trying to contact Onetravel. But even I filled the online forms so many times, they never call me back. And all my plan is suspended due to the unresolved problem.

Original Review: I don't understand why I have to pay 50$ for choosing to cancel the flight because it's rescheduled under the effect of COVID 19. I already lost the service fee that I paid for one travel. It's not my want to cancel. In a situation that I have no choice but canceling it, paying 50$ fee to cancel for one travel is ridiculous. I booked a flight on Turkish airline website before which was cancelled due to COVID-19 but I got full refund without any extra fee. Never gonna use One Travel to book any flight again.

Original review: April 24, 2020

Due to COVID-19, like thousands of travelers my spouse and I had to cancel our international trip booked through OneTravel. After countless of failed attempts due to phone back log on numerous lines and no response to email, I initiated a chargeback through my credit card. Today I received a notification that my charge back was denied. I supplied documentation including attempts to contact OneTravel but their terms and conditions left me without a refund or credit. Avoid OneTravel.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I booked 2 flights with OneTravel, to take a cruise in April - which was cancelled. With the Covid19 I had to cancel. With much difficulty I finally did cancel the flight (in March 2020) for April 9th and was told I would get a credit voucher. They had made me call Delta airlines myself. So far (April 21st today) I have not been able to cancel my second flight for April 23rd which is only 2 days away. I have been trying since March. Have been on hold for hours when they did have a live chat - was cut off twice, and have sent numerous cancellation requests for days and days and days and have still not hear back! They had a phone number you could reach if your flight was less than 5 days away but now that I qualify this phone number has been shut down also. I am so frustrated. NOBODY will help me. A. **

Original review: April 20, 2020

I have not been able to get a credit on a flight I booked through OneTravel that I can use. The flight was to be used in Argentina to get to a cruise to Antarctica. I have been put on a cruise leaving on Feb 2021 now but the flight credit is only through Nov. 2020. I can not get OneTravel to respond back to my inquiries and now they have charged my credit card an additional $35 with no explanation. All other vendors associated with my trip have given refunds or credits that can be used in 2021.

Original review: April 19, 2020

The worse travel agency ever. If I could give them 0 star I would. It started with booking a round ticket with them in December of 2019. Few days later plans changed. We called to cancel the flight. They said sure no problem but in order to give the refund they need to charge $100 fee for each flight which means $200. It was acceptable even though I wasn’t happy with that. The flight was $878.84. So I got charged full price flight ticket and $200 fee supposedly for canceling. I only got $418.62 back.

When we called customer service they said well they couldn’t get the refund from the airline company therefor they can’t give us a full refund. I told them this is ridiculous and why I’m being charged that fee. Also they said they did their job and they need to get paid. I went right away to the credit card. Told them what happened. They said no worries. They will give us the money back which they did but couple months later I was charged again by the credit card. They said they disputed it so they have to pay them. I want people to know because this is a scam and they know exactly what they doing. Be careful dear potential customers to whom you give your money and information.

OneTravel response

Can you please supply the booking number you were given. We will then be able to research your concerns. Thank you

Original review: April 18, 2020

Hi just to say I booked a return flight with One Travel on the 17/12/20, cost $1205.86, flew out on the 10/02/20. Return flight 10/04/20, eight days before my return flight, OneTravel said in an email, "as per your instructions we have canceled your return flight." I sent off a return email saying, "I did not request you to cancel my flight, so please reinstate it." I emailed these people time and time again, plus I phoned them all to no avail, all a complete waste of time. So I to book another flight, and guess what, the same flight, at a cost of £750, I will never ever book with these people again, and anyone with half a brain, please don’t gamble with your money, these people are just waiting to pocket it and leave you swinging, and I don’t mean wife swapping.

Original review: April 5, 2020

Booked with One Travel in Dec 2019 a 15th anniversary trip to Singapore, Phuket, Bali, and Cook Islands to leave from March 26th-April 10th. With the Covid-19 forcing governments to close down travel between countries and placing shelter in place orders, people just can’t travel. This is for the right reason, people are dying. I have received emails that all my flights have been cancelled/suspended by the each of the airlines carriers.

When I call OneTravel they have shut down all their phone services, before they shut down phone service I would be on hold for 3-5 hours and disconnected and transferred to wrong numbers. I have used their recommended process for online refunds, both times received not refundable. My last flight to come home on April 10th is coming up and have submitted refund. In a time such a pandemic, I truly believe that true customer service rises to the top that cares about their customers, unfortunately One Travel has fallen face first. Extremely disappointed how they handled my travel arrangement. We will out $1600. I beg for a phone call and have this refunded. I live in California.

OneTravel response

We are working with the customer and the airline and available options.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I booked a flight to leave on June first, few weeks ago they email me saying my flight changed. After being on hold for hours they finally gave me the new flight. Three days after, I get the same email again. Flight changed, contact ASAP. I've been trying to call them every single day, spent on hold just to be hung up every day about 4 to 5 hours. Then days later that number no longer works. I'm down $2,700 by these scam artists. I've attempted emailing them and using their "Request refund" online but I haven't seen my money yet. This is downright ridiculous.

Original review: March 24, 2020

UAE closed the borders. Emirates completely suspended flights. OneTravel keeps asking me to call them back. Their lines are closed. They don't answer their emails/online requests. What else? $2.5K which I spent on tickets with OneTravel is probably not enough to deserve an email/phone call. Lesson learned: never book via travel agency. Only direct - even if it means spending an extra $. This experience proved it's worth it.

Original review: March 24, 2020

Guess they like to turn off their phones to deal with a crisis. Even when I was able to get a hold of them last week, I would get transferred, hung up on or put on permanent hold. Do not book with them.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Been on hold for over 4 hours. Cut off twice, trying to figure out how my bill went for $351.78 to $529.01, when I only authorized the $351.78. I booked a flight this morning March 20 2020, with all the extras that I wanted it came to $338.83. When I checked my bank account $471.47 was taken with no explanation. Then a few minutes later another $38.06 and then a few minute later another $19.48. Now I don't know if someone made a mistake or if you're trying to take advantage of the situation, All I know is that I only want what I asked for and I want the rest of the money put back on my debit card now. I think it is illegal to take money off peoples cards without their permission, I've been calling you back for hours waiting on hold, pretty convenient. Please just return the money you took without my permission.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I've been trying to cancel my flight for almost two weeks via phone, email, and online chat and have gotten no help whatsoever from OneTravel. My flight is supposed to be tomorrow. I understand that there are more calls and requests now, but if you're a travel agency and make your money by serving customers, you need to stop ignoring your customers! This is absolutely unacceptable!

OneTravel response
Please supply the booking number you were given so that we can assist with your concerns.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I am in the midst of a semester abroad and needed to book a flight home as the company I had previously booked with were ignoring my enquiries. I booked a flight with OneTravel, next day it’s been cancelled. I rebooked it with no problems so to be fair that was very easy for me. A few hours later, the coronavirus situation seemed to suddenly become more urgent in the U.K. with businesses and schools suddenly shutting and so I decided to rebook my flight to a much sooner date as I was worried another being stranded abroad. At around 9pm I joined a live customer service help desk queue as I had no access to a telephone number, I was number 602. It wasn’t until 5am (yes, 8 hours later!) that I was seen, bear in mind I am 12 hours ahead of them so it was not as though it was an unusual time and there were less staff or anything.

I can’t believe that during a pandemic like this they would still have so few staff that it takes 8 hours to see to 602 people, most of who likely disappeared during this time, sometimes it would take 10-15 minutes to go down by 1/2, it suggests to me that there is not many staff members on customer service, I would expect to wait a while given the circumstances but this did seem a little ridiculous. Anyway, I then began chatting to someone and explained my situation, I asked if I could cancel my trip and rebook elsewhere as I had found other websites to be cheaper. The customer service representative said I couldn’t cancel my trip, I then had to tell them that I could because of their 24 hour cancellation policy, to which she immediately agreed to, this was a little shocking to me as surely you should know your policies better than the customer?!

Anyway, she then told me it would take 7-15 days to issue a refund so I begrudgingly decided to rebook my flight with them. I told her the exact flight I wanted, it cost $1200 on the website. I had already paid $2600 for the original flight, so I knew I should be getting refunded around $1400. She then told me if I wanted to change then they would refund me $1000! I told her this was incorrect and that I should be getting a much higher refund, she then told me that she would give me a ‘good discount’ and refund me $1100, as though she was trying to haggle with me? I then sent a screenshot of their website which showed the flight to be $1200 on their website, she then said the highest refund she could give would be $1300 + I needed to pay an $100 change fee.

It was 6am by this point so I just agreed because I just wanted to sleep. But I am very shocked at this, how can it be right that you lie about a price to a customer when it is very accessible for me to see it? Obviously they know it’s a lie or I wouldn’t have been able to get her up to $1300. Very shady and highly unprofessional, I will never book with this company again and would recommend against it to anyone.

Original review: March 19, 2020

Feeling Ripped Off. I want a refund due to not being able to travel due to the restrictions from the Coronavirus. I call the phone number listed but haven’t been able to talk to anyone. Either I am on hold for hours or the phone just hangs up. I emailed for someone to contact me. I have spent over $3000 for these flights with insurance purchased. I want a call or I will be contacting my attorney to handle this.

Original review: March 18, 2020

I booked a trip through them from ATL to LAS for my son's 21st birthday celebration. My first red flag was that they added a bunch of extras onto the bill that I didn't accept. They added fees to insure my baggage (which I was only bringing carry on) so why would I need insurance. Because of this virus and everything shutting down, I tried to cancel my trip. I had bought insurance, so I should have gotten a full refund.... I called and they wanted to charge me $25 per person to get a voucher to use within 90 days. I got insurance so I could get a refund. The airline wasn't even charging fees to do this. They were just trying to get more money from people who are already in a tough time, that had to cancel because nothing is open. This company is shady as hell. DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!!

Original review: March 16, 2020

To Whom It May Concern: From NOON until 11PM yesterday, Sunday 15 March 2020, I called OneTravel, more than 10 times, only to have every call drop within ten seconds. It did not matter which number I called. Twice I got the answering voice recording that said it realized that my flight was not within 72 hours and CLICK, got disconnected. Just to be clear: MY FLIGHT IS TOMORROW 17 March - booking #**, AND I HAVE ANOTHER ITINERARY SCHEDULED THAT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED IN LESS THAN TWO WEEKS - booking #**. AND at the same time I was on the computer for 11 hours on your website in the chat queue and more than six times had to reconnect, going back into a 800+ queue. I know this is frustrating for everyone. Please HELP!

Original review: March 15, 2020

I accidentally booked thru One Travel for an emergency trip after a death in the family. Thought I was on the Flairair site. Summary - the flight for the next morning (I had got a confirmation email then realized I had booked thru one travel) had been cancelled when I arrived at the airport. Luckily there were seats so was able to get on the flight after paying again. Then found out after that one travel had paid the flight fee to Hahnair not Flairair. Now after calls to one travel they have blocked my number. And I am having to deal with hahnair (out of Germany) to get my money back.. One week of hours of being on hold.. I cannot say this strongly enough. Stay away from this company!

Original review: March 15, 2020

At the point of buying my flight ticket on Onetravel on January 28, 2020, on that fateful day about 3 calls came in from them in order to get their money for the flights, but now since 4 days now I have been calling them as regards cancellation of this flight and refund of my money and no response from them, I want to believe the experience of customers supposed to be the same on all request. Onetravel please do the needful because a lot of families are going through a lot presently. Don’t add to their problem.

Original review: March 13, 2020

This is not a real company. They are frauds. They have changed a bunch of cost to my credit card. Wells Fargo is investigating them now and they booked my flight and would not send me my ticket. Working with American airlines now to get my ticket. They charged my credit card for a paper ticket or an online ticket never received. Called help line. On hold for over two hours and then it said this Number has been disconnected so I called the police in Las Vegas to track down their address and send someone out of course when they get the time. Please be careful.

Original review: March 9, 2020

Would not ever do business with them again. Greedy for money. So many rip off fees. Booked ticket needed to change dates due to corona and sick passenger. They wanted to get me another ticket and lose the one I had. Had 2 agents that did not even understand the situation. ZERO STARS!!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

Reserving my flight through OneTravel was the worst traveling experience. Just two days before my returning flight I received an email from OneTravel informing me about flight cancellation WITHOUT GIVING ANY OPTION TO RESCHEDULE OR REFUND. I had to book another flight and pay out of my pocket. Since then I have called OneTravel several times and each time I had to wait for at least one hour and every time the conversation ended without receiving any satisfactory answer. It has been merely a waste of time and money. I will never use OneTravel to make any reservation.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I had booked with this company in the past for US flights and was charged more than anticipated in terms of few additional Fees, but I disregard them. This time I booked through OneTravel Flights to UK with family, and my Credit Card was charged 4/5 times with Multiple fees and rather I was overcharged, however I did send an email to their billing Dept but until now no reply from them.

During this time My wife got an injury and fractured her foot with 14 Stitches, and I had to call them to check my options as my UK Flight is still 3 weeks away. The Rep Romel, being based in Delhi India (as company has Call centre there) flatly told that they won’t be able to Reschedule flights, neither they will issue me credit for future flights to any destination in the world, neither they would process my request on Compassionate grounds to either cancel my Flights or Reschedule my flights. I have got an option to Board the flight or Miss it. However, I have got all the Documentary evidence, Pictures, hospital bills of Crutches and Air casters.

I refrain myself not to write any Review in the past as I did not want to give them a bad name but they truly deserve so. My Humble advice to all travellers, please don’t Travel through this company, as you shall have several surprises. Instead book your flights with Legit Travel Agents, you shall pay little more but shall have a peace of mind.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I bought a ticket from One Travel. After they emailed me a ticket I saw flight detail it was not the one that I chose and I called to the customer service to change it and corrected. They asked me to pay more to fix it. It never happened for me before and they didn't take care of it. I'm don't recommend anyone to buy from one travel. I had experience from others. Never had this problem.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I bought a ticket from your website for Jan 28, roundtrip YVR-DOH leaving at 10:25am (Vancouver time). I got an email stating my itinerary and went to the airport. Upon checking-in, they couldn't find my booking. I called your customer support and he said that the payment didnt go through, which obviously means it's void because he proceeded on offering me to book the same flight at a much higher price, since the previous price is not available anymore. I didnt say yes, I said I will think and requested a call back.

I wasn’t able to answer the call back because I was busy. 10-15 minutes before 10:25am, an alert for the credit card stated that money was used to purchase a ticket, simultaneously, I received an email stating the booking for that flight. Obviously I can’t be on the flight! And the itinerary doesn’t include the first leg of the flight! Contacting their call center but they transfer me to another dept or no one is answering the call!! Will NEVER NEVER recommend this company to anyone!

OneTravel response
Please supply the booking number you were given and we will be happy to look into your concerns.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I have been trying for few days now to redeem my rewards which is 5800 points. I called One Travel. They advice me to contact the reward department. I called the reward department and they advise me to write them a email for Cheapoair and their support team at rewards. I have been trying now for days and I still have not gotten the gift card code and the prices have been changing on the website for me to purchase my ticket. So recently I got an email from the rewards saying they can't locate my points. I went back to the one travel website and it was deleted. I decided to talk to the chat area asking where are my points. They said to email the reward again because they can't see my personal information. So after long back and forth I told them that I knew that their reward department works together with one travel. She decided to locate my points. They are liars. Watch out for this company. I used them so many times in the past but now I know better.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I googled "cheap flights Canada" & OneTravel.com was the first website to pop up. It found me a flight with Flair Airlines that I've flown in the past for a similar cost that was believable at around $170 Canadian so I booked it, only to be charged 3 different credit card fees, amounting to a total of $234.92. When I called to inquire about this, I was told that there was some fine print (somewhere I have yet to find) about USD exchange rates. It was too late to book a new flight & I needed to get home to work on time so I decided to accept the high cost as a lesson but it didn't end there.

I arrived at the airport, only to discover that OneTravel.com took my money & never bothered to book my flight home so I was stranded. When I called to rightfully demand my refund, I was transferred to a survey & disconnected. I am still currently stuck in Edmonton without a flight & a nearly maxed out credit card after the holiday season & no job to go home to as I am now 3 days delinquent to my planned return date.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

Not only did I have to buy a new ticket because there were some unforeseen circumstances and I had to change the name of the traveler on the ticket but they would not issue a refund!!! I had to still pay for the previous ticket and the new one. Never again in my life will I use this airline or company. My experience was horrible. Spent over an hour on the phone trying to correct this!!!! And still on hold as I type... If I could give no stars that is what this would be.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

I booked for a certain day but then clicked on the edit button to change the number of travelers and somehow my date switched to an "alternative date." I know for a fact that I didn't change the date. I just changed the number of travelers! I thought it was weird that the itinerary didn't show up when I had to actually press the purchase button and should have known something was wrong, but I did press the button without seeing the actual date, which was my fault. When I spoke with a representative they first tried to get me to purchase tickets at a much higher cost.

When I asked how much to cancel, it they told me $50 per ticket. Keep in mind, I had just made the reservations less than 5 minutes prior to that...and I AM SURE I DIDN'T change anything but the number of travelers. I asked to speak to a manager and the representative then only charged me $5 per ticket to cancel. Although, I appreciate that, I honestly don't think I should have been charged anything because I do not think this situation was my fault. I was very disappointed the way this all ended. I probably will not use this website again.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I used OneTravel to book my sister's ticket for a visit over Christmas. I searched for tickets to and from Victoria BC, and during the process the itinerary somehow changed to tickets to and from Vancouver BC, which added a ton of extra time and expenses. I searched for prices in Canadian dollars and ended up paying the same amounts, but in US dollars. I was unable to get help with anything even though I paid extra to get help: hint - the add-on packages are very, very limited in what they do. I understand I could have double and triple checked everything before committing, but the entire process seems designed to nudge you into making these mistakes. I am never using them again, and certainly never recommending them.

OneTravel response

Please supply the booking number you were given when you submitted your reservation request. We can then look into your concerns.

OneTravel Company Information