2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

1.3/5 (1026 ratings)

About OneTravel

OneTravel is a travel website that offers booking services for flights, hotels, cars and vacation packages to destinations throughout the U.S. and across the globe. OneTravel offers discounts at over 84,000 hotels worldwide and compares flights from more than 600 airlines. OneTravel members earn reward points for each dollar members spend on the site, which they can use to get cheaper prices on future flights or hotel stays.

Pros

• Last-minute deals
  • Low prices
  • Multiple ways to search
  • Price match guarantee

Cons

• Booking fees
  • No refunds

Bottom Line

OneTravel lets travelers search for accommodations by destination, flight type and flight price. The company offers last-minute deals and discount codes. It charges booking and cancellation fees.

OneTravel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about OneTravel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Onetravel.com?

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

I had an Affirm loan for this flight and because of the pandemic, I only got to use the first flight since this company can't even reschedule and offered refund. Haven't gotten the refund from them since August 2020 when they "issued" the refund to the virtual card from Affirm. Affirm has said that they never seen the refund. I've been following up every month and have never received any reply since October. Just freaking refund the money and stop being shady.

Resolution response: Nov. 20, 2020

I acknowledge that OneTravel.com addressed our concern and refund us the cancellation charges. I recommend people to book from OneTravel.com as they have good customer services.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I live in Calgary and booked an Air Canada flight to Toronto through OneTravel.com. We paid USD $ 24 commission to OneTravel for booking 4 tickets. Toronto locked down within 24 hours after our booking because of COVID-19. We contacted OneTravel for the cancellation of our flights with 29 hours of our booking. We shocked to hear they asked for cancellation charges of USD $35 per person and we had 4 tickets. Air Canada wasn't charging any cancellation charges. It was OneTravel.com who was ripping us off. After a heated argument, they reduced the cancellation charges from USD $35 to USD $12.5 and we paid them USD $50 in cancellation charges.

We think these cancellation charges went into the OneTravel.com account because the airline didn't charge anything. We feel that we have been ripped off by OneTravel.com because we already paid them the commission when booking the tickets. Our suggestion to travelers to be cautious when booking through this website.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I have bought at least 6 times with them, a return flight so I know well. CheapoAir and One Travel are the same company. You will browse and get a really really cheaper price for your trip. When you start filling everything and click on confirm booking there will be a message popping "This fare is no longer available" or "This flight is no longer available". Next, they will show some other suggestions to book the flight which will be higher in price. Once I also found that the price directly with the airline was lower than the fare offered by CheapOair and One Travel. Their bookings are not confirmed until last moment even though they send you confirmation email. My booking was done in Air France and 15 days of my trip, I received an email from KLM that the booking is confirmed with them.

At the airport I have to fight 3 hours, missed flights, rebooked, baggage went in different airline and I had to go in different airline. Not only this, after landing I had to fill questionnaire and interview for my baggage because they were unaccompanied. After one week received one bag and after 10 days the other bag. Items were stolen from it. Bag were open due to unaccompanied baggage. When I called CheapOair One Travel they don't provide any customer assistance in trouble. They just use honey sweet words to rob you.

Buyers be aware!!! Alert stay away. I booked tickets for my parents online. Within 5 min I realised there was a spelling error in it. I called to the call centre and told them about their policy that if we cancel the booking within 12 hours they give full refund. This company did not gave full refund but charged 200 USD each to correct the name. They have their team to submit fake good reviews about them. I leave up to you to experience the trouble now.

OneTravel response

Please supply the booking number you were given at the time you purchased your reservation so we can look into your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

We were given a credit for a flight due to covid cancellations back in March. We went to re-book a new flight now in November to use the credit. Only to find out rebooking is more expensive than the credit. This whole company is running a giant scam. They don't inform you of anything along the way otherwise we wouldn't have booked it. Ordering a new flight was cheaper than using a credit based on this system which is hidden until it's too late and then No refunds. On top of all this the woman dealing with us on the phone was extremely condescending and arrogant about the whole process. Absolute joke of a company... If I could do zero stars I would.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

Me and my friends booked flight tickets early this year around March, from Saskatoon to our home country Malaysia. A few days later we received an email regarding a cancellation in our flight without any updates on how to proceed with the refund or rescheduling. We were international students studying in Canada and had to call the agency which is based in the United States, they reaffirmed us they would call us the next day. After two days, without any updates and with the travel date just one week away we decided to call again. Due to the suspension of Philippines Airlines until the end of April, the agency had required me and my friends to cancel our booking with a fee of 140 usd (cancellation fees) in order for me to acquire airline credits for the next booking.

Prior to that, I did inquire if there were any other available flights before May 8th and the operator, informed there were no flights available until the end of June and I would not be able to book another route as well. He was persistent that I book the flight for the date of May 8th with extra fees giving the reason that the options may be out later on. Then, I and my friends decided to cancel my flight and acquire the refunded credits to use them to book for another flight. The moment I have paid my cancellation fee while being on the line with the operator, he informed me that there is an available flight for the 30 of April but I have to pay an extra of 1000 usd and the May 8 option has run out.

Given the extra expenses, we declined it and called again. This time, another operator answered and I asked whats the earliest in May I could get, he informed me to book for the 8th of May as it is still available. It was quite surprising as initially we were informed that the flights for May 8th are fully booked. We were charged an extra of 1200 usd due to a different date. The operator informed us that the extra charges were issued from Philippines Airlines directly and has nothing do with their agency. We were frustrated, anxious and given no option but to take it as we just want to get home to our families. Then, we checked the Philippines Airline web page in which they stated that there would be no extra fees to be paid given that the airline themselves cancelled my flight and I was eligible to re-book another date without paying extra.

We then called the agency for a refund thinking they did a mistake and informed the operator's name who was dealing with my cancellation fees and new booking which was then informed by the current operator, that there was no one with the given name. He kept me on hold and after 10 minutes he got back to me and did not allow me to get a refund until I had to explain clearly. Throughout our time dealing with the agency, we have talked to 11 different operators with what we assume who has given out fake names as they do not recognize their own colleagues from the very same department, all 11 of them. In total, I have lost an amount of 1798.47 usd. I understand that we booked our flights through an agency and they may have service fees and extra charges but with all the lies and scamming, we decided to file a complain to the United States Department of Transportation.

A week later, with no refund and or any new itinerary given by the agency, the manager of One Travel contacted us and inquired regarding the complain as they were notified by the United States Department of Transportation. We explained the situation and finally was able to resolve the issue with a refund of 3/4 the amount we paid. It took 3 bill cycles. It took a total of 2 weeks with constant everyday calls dealing with rude customer service and this took a toll on our mental health as well. It reached a point where for each call we had to take down notes as we experienced inconsistent facts and specifics given by each operator. Either way, I would not recommend this agency and if you are from outside the United States, there will be charges to your bill with the amount of callbacks one has to make.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

If you intend to travel using One Travel, CheapOair and their subsidiaries be aware that you will be charged to change your flight even if the change is due to covid continued restriction. Also, CS is extraordinary argumentative if you attempt to change a restricted flight. When I called the last time it was obvious the agent just woke up when he answered the phone, and instantly went into a monologue of how is not their problem. I was advised that a traveler is best served by researching the price on their site, only, then call the airline to honor the lowest price, avoiding the issues with 3rd party ticket sellers.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

The attention given was very courteous and attentive. Explain clearly and promptly. The offered restraints were correct. Although the fares charged were expensive, and according to what he informed me that they were a penalty, I did not understand that, since the airline was the one that canceled the trip and not me and why would I have to pay more, that is not correct.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

My first initial ticket purchase was 4:33pm. Payment method Affirm. I had my selected dates when this Monday 10/28/20-10/29/20 pop up. I click on Change back to original date that should have been 10/28/20-11/01/2020 leaving Detroit Metro en route to Cancun Mexico. When I opened my email to forward to my friend Bershonta **. This is when I observed the dates. I called and spoke with one agent and our call was disconnected. Called back and converse with another agent and explained the problem. She verbally informed me she could fix the problem but I had to be charged. No problem.

$30.26 fee and I informed her it wouldn’t allow me to add $14.95 insurance. She continue to inform me that she was going to add a $$50 travel savings coupon for the near future. I look at my bank account. I was charged $268.07 for the new ticket. Look at Affirm I have a balance of $223.00. Called One Travel back the man stated it was nothing he could do. I will need to contact Affirm myself for cancellation. Haven’t received to updated Spirit ticket with their confirmation code

Original review: July 25, 2020

I book a flight for a cruise. The cruise was canceled. Put in for a refund with OneTravel. They charged over $250 to my credit card. Forced me to take $164 flight credit. I even paid for insurance. STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

Original review: July 20, 2020

If your flights are cancelled, their own agents admitted to me twice that it's better to contact the airlines directly for better flight change choices. Then they use that to duck responsibility in terms of both service and financial responsibility. Systemic deceit - multiple representatives saying one thing and doing nothing. They lied on their responses to my multiple complaints with various mediation organizations. OneTravel is CheapOair. I spent a year of frustration with this company. I learned my lesson to either find a reputable agent like American Express Travel, or deal with (do your homework) airlines directly. Please beware.

Original review: June 29, 2020

Received a "do not reply" email to call OneTravel number +1 646-738-4818, the one, single number for all calls. Chat is switched off in case you are getting ideas. Other potential entry points will lead nowhere or inform you that your email address (the same you just got this message from OneTravel, and also the same of all your booking) is invalid. Calling is no fun. First of all you get an ear bashing with irrelevant info and you are told to take a survey at the end... ** that, you think.

Then the "service specialist" is repeatedly being referred to (** that, too) together with being told to wait "momentarily," "for a moment", or service being with you "shortly." Of course it means nothing and if you care to wait until doomsday, please do. So, ** that again. Also not a toll-free number from what I can tell. Of course not - think of the waiting times of hundreds of customers at any given moment. A more sophisticated answering system in the country where I find myself right now gives the average waiting time until call will be answered. Works actually quite well, as constantly being updated refined automatically. Down to your number in the queue. Not here, of course. Well, I gave up on the call. Will just have to fight for refunds, esp. with Lufthansa with whom I have another axe to grind. Best of luck to you, traveler!

Original review: June 24, 2020

I travel frequently, and I have used One Travel several times in the past. Sometimes I can save compared to booking the same flights direct with the airline. Currently, I have a reservation through One Travel. They notified me that there has been a change, but my booking status on their website has not changed. I am unable to find out what has changed. Attempts to email customer service result in directions to call. Difficult and expensive to call from overseas. Phone center answers but too busy, so they triage out anyone not traveling within 72 hours. Airlines do not respond to status inquiries unless you book direct with them on their website. So I am left not knowing if my reservation is still intact. Thanks One Travel.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I booked a flight long before Covid-19 but had to cancel travel plans due to the virus. My flight was cancelled and I submitted a request for a refund which was denied by One Travel because they were showing the flight as active. I've called multiple times only to be disconnected multiple times after waiting 1-2 hours on hold. Their "online chat" functions randomly - I was able to reach someone once, but her final response was for me to "chat later" since she was unwilling to contact the airline to confirm the cancellation. Needless to say, I can click on the chat icon for hours and nothing happens. I have sent several emails and other than acknowledging receipt of my email absolutely NO follow up or "our customer service agents will call you back in a few hours" as their phone hold message states they will do. This is happening months after the virus hit and the company is still unable to manage customer support calls or emails.

Original review: June 11, 2020

I booked my flight with OneTravel, because of covid airports were shut down, huge delay when calling them. Bad customer service, telling me to call airlines directly, and when I visit airline website they say reach to your agent and I am in that miserable loop.

Original review: June 6, 2020

They will sell you cheap tickets, then few days before flight you will receive email that flight is canceled, when you call them immediately they offer you refund... but not full amount you paid... They charge their fees. So they took $480 for different fees. They claim it’s not their fault because airlines canceled, which is not true. They are selling tickets for Turkish Airlines which is not even flying to Europe at this time. Now they are selling cheap tickets for other airlines too... be careful. This tickets are cheap because they don’t exist!!! They are making money charging you fees!!!

Original review: June 2, 2020

On 12/14/19 14th my husband booked a trip online with OneTravel - booking # **. Trip was round trip from Phnom Penh, Cambodia to Cleveland, Ohio departing 12/17. On 12/16/19, about 5:00 AM his time, One Travel called to tell him that he needed to re-book his flight and so he did over the phone. On 12/17/19 when he got to the airport, the airline representative told him that he had 2 identical tickets. He used the 1st ticket purchased on the 14th.

When he arrived in Cleveland, he checked and filed a dispute with OneTravel for the second charge. Later I filed a complaint with OneTravel. As I have asked OneTravel, why was he called and told that he had to purchase another ticket? And why was the original ticket not cancelled? As with so many other reviewers, I have not received any response from OneTravel. And I can no longer reach them. We have used a OneTravel many times without incident, but we won't use them again.

Original review: May 30, 2020

Actually I been with OneTravel since 2014 and there were excellent with good service but after the quarantine issue, it seems that they change the staff with zero customer service (Overseas staff) with no experience at all and they dont care about the customer. Now in these days you can book a ticket with them within 10 min but all fake. I booked the ticket with them and after while they said the flight cancel and, "We will return your money within 60 - 90 days" ????, they will take your money to pay to their employee and I have sent a thousand email without any reply, I wish the google block them and now they are SCAM, Please be careful from them.

Original review: May 7, 2020

I am very dissatisfied with OneTravel charging $95 more for my son's return flight when it was the airline that cancelled the flight causing the reason for the rebooking. He was to fly back on Sat 5/2/20 from RIC to ATL to MSP to ABR. The ATL to MSP was cancelled leaving him stranded in ATL for over 24 hours before a flight could continue him to MSP and then ABR. He would leave on Sat and not get out of Atlanta airport until Sunday; that was unacceptable.

I called OneTravel and they suggested he could fly back in the same week on Wed 5/6/20 with the original flights. I agreed to that delayed return leg of the round trip but was charged $95 more. Delta ended up telling me they did not get this money; it went to OneTravel. I feel that I should not have been charged more. However, on 5/6/20, we found out his flight from MSP to ABR was cancelled because of C-Virus. OneTravel didn't offer anything else. They left him stranded in MSP. I called Delta and found out they could fly him from MSP to BIS (Bismark, SD) and booked him to go home that way for no additional charge. I did notice however that I was paying over $726 vs. the same flight one way through Delta costing $511. Why was I paying so much more? I think OneTravel was padding the cost and taking advantage of passengers affected by C-Virus travel issues. I will not use OneTravel again.

Original review: May 3, 2020

On Aug 20, 2019 we booked our 5 days trip to Santorini for our elopement in the end of May 2020. Due to Covid 19, we won't be able to travel anywhere in the world, so we contacted One Travel to request a refund/cancellation. One Travel told us that they are travel agency, therefore is unable to cancel or making any changes; we need to contact American Airline (AA) to request a refund. After talking to AA, I was told that due to Covid 19, One Travel would be able to give us a refund/cancellation without any penalty. So I contacted One Travel again, this time no one answered my calls, instead the automatic machine instructed us to visit One Travel website and hung up. We filled out the Refund/Cancellation form requesting to get a full refund back without any penalty per goverment.

We received email from One Travel saying my request is not completed and we need to either contact their customer care or visit their website. So I filled out the Meal request form this time, but wrote we wanted to keep our reservation. We hope that we would be able to travel by May or AA will cancel their fares and issue a full refund for us. Instead of confirming our wish to keep the reservation, they cancelled our airfares and informed that we must be travelled within one year from the date of booking, which will be on August 19, 2020. How is that possible to travel the world during this Covid 19 pandemic?

I just want either a full refund or an extended credit voucher for future travel until December 31st 2021 from One Travel. My wedding planner and hotel in Santorini had offered us future credit until Dec 2021 because they showed empathy and want their customers to be happy. Everyone is suffering financial loss due to Covid 19. One Travel decides to be a thief and stole money from all the customers who have already suffering. I hope everyone read this and Stay Away from thieves.

Original review: April 29, 2020

On the 25th of January 2020 we booked, via One Travel, an Air Canada, return flight from Tel Aviv to Vancouver (for the 21st of May 2020). Our booking included an additional insurance to cover the possibility of cancellation due to health or other issues. Due to the global Corona Virus crisis, we have tried, umpteen times, to cancel our booking and receive a refund. I have tried calling, but receive a message that they are overwhelmed and to please to go via their website. I get no response to our email requests for a refund (aside from a message on April 6- 26 days ago - stating that our request is being reviewed). In the light of the Corona Virus crisis, Air Canada are offering either a 2-year extension of the ticket, or a refund. However, Air Canada have informed us that since we booked through OneTravel, this matter can only be dealt with via OneTravel. Their service has been terrible!!!!

Original review: April 27, 2020

Beware of OneTravel.com! After several attempts to talk with a live person through OneTravel call center, I finally decided to complete a refund form. I did not ask for a cancellation but a refund based on the information provided on the airline web page. Before I filled out the refund form, my flight time was initially changed by Onetravel.com, and later, I received another information regarding canceled/suspension of flight to Florida Miami. The airline had since communicated a message of a full refund to all customers, as stipulated by the Covid19 ACT.

Please, beware that OneTravel.com has automatedly turned a refund form to a cancellation form that allowed them as a fraudulent company to charge customers a fee or hold customers' money, a total disregard to the presidential proclamation. If you select a refund, they automatically send you an email stating, "We have received your cancel/change request for booking #" meaning, you have indicated to cancel your flight with a fee. Technically, they are charging customers extra money for service-not-provided. A scam as worst as Covid-19 itself.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Updated on 05/13/2020: I have so many problems which affects my flight and I have been trying to contact Onetravel. But even I filled the online forms so many times, they never call me back. And all my plan is suspended due to the unresolved problem.

Original Review: I don't understand why I have to pay 50$ for choosing to cancel the flight because it's rescheduled under the effect of COVID 19. I already lost the service fee that I paid for one travel. It's not my want to cancel. In a situation that I have no choice but canceling it, paying 50$ fee to cancel for one travel is ridiculous. I booked a flight on Turkish airline website before which was cancelled due to COVID-19 but I got full refund without any extra fee. Never gonna use One Travel to book any flight again.

Original review: April 24, 2020

Due to COVID-19, like thousands of travelers my spouse and I had to cancel our international trip booked through OneTravel. After countless of failed attempts due to phone back log on numerous lines and no response to email, I initiated a chargeback through my credit card. Today I received a notification that my charge back was denied. I supplied documentation including attempts to contact OneTravel but their terms and conditions left me without a refund or credit. Avoid OneTravel.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I booked 2 flights with OneTravel, to take a cruise in April - which was cancelled. With the Covid19 I had to cancel. With much difficulty I finally did cancel the flight (in March 2020) for April 9th and was told I would get a credit voucher. They had made me call Delta airlines myself. So far (April 21st today) I have not been able to cancel my second flight for April 23rd which is only 2 days away. I have been trying since March. Have been on hold for hours when they did have a live chat - was cut off twice, and have sent numerous cancellation requests for days and days and days and have still not hear back! They had a phone number you could reach if your flight was less than 5 days away but now that I qualify this phone number has been shut down also. I am so frustrated. NOBODY will help me. A. **

Original review: April 20, 2020

I have not been able to get a credit on a flight I booked through OneTravel that I can use. The flight was to be used in Argentina to get to a cruise to Antarctica. I have been put on a cruise leaving on Feb 2021 now but the flight credit is only through Nov. 2020. I can not get OneTravel to respond back to my inquiries and now they have charged my credit card an additional $35 with no explanation. All other vendors associated with my trip have given refunds or credits that can be used in 2021.

Original review: April 19, 2020

The worse travel agency ever. If I could give them 0 star I would. It started with booking a round ticket with them in December of 2019. Few days later plans changed. We called to cancel the flight. They said sure no problem but in order to give the refund they need to charge $100 fee for each flight which means $200. It was acceptable even though I wasn’t happy with that. The flight was $878.84. So I got charged full price flight ticket and $200 fee supposedly for canceling. I only got $418.62 back.

When we called customer service they said well they couldn’t get the refund from the airline company therefor they can’t give us a full refund. I told them this is ridiculous and why I’m being charged that fee. Also they said they did their job and they need to get paid. I went right away to the credit card. Told them what happened. They said no worries. They will give us the money back which they did but couple months later I was charged again by the credit card. They said they disputed it so they have to pay them. I want people to know because this is a scam and they know exactly what they doing. Be careful dear potential customers to whom you give your money and information.

OneTravel response

Can you please supply the booking number you were given. We will then be able to research your concerns. Thank you

Original review: April 18, 2020

Hi just to say I booked a return flight with One Travel on the 17/12/20, cost $1205.86, flew out on the 10/02/20. Return flight 10/04/20, eight days before my return flight, OneTravel said in an email, "as per your instructions we have canceled your return flight." I sent off a return email saying, "I did not request you to cancel my flight, so please reinstate it." I emailed these people time and time again, plus I phoned them all to no avail, all a complete waste of time. So I to book another flight, and guess what, the same flight, at a cost of £750, I will never ever book with these people again, and anyone with half a brain, please don’t gamble with your money, these people are just waiting to pocket it and leave you swinging, and I don’t mean wife swapping.

Original review: April 5, 2020

Booked with One Travel in Dec 2019 a 15th anniversary trip to Singapore, Phuket, Bali, and Cook Islands to leave from March 26th-April 10th. With the Covid-19 forcing governments to close down travel between countries and placing shelter in place orders, people just can’t travel. This is for the right reason, people are dying. I have received emails that all my flights have been cancelled/suspended by the each of the airlines carriers.

When I call OneTravel they have shut down all their phone services, before they shut down phone service I would be on hold for 3-5 hours and disconnected and transferred to wrong numbers. I have used their recommended process for online refunds, both times received not refundable. My last flight to come home on April 10th is coming up and have submitted refund. In a time such a pandemic, I truly believe that true customer service rises to the top that cares about their customers, unfortunately One Travel has fallen face first. Extremely disappointed how they handled my travel arrangement. We will out $1600. I beg for a phone call and have this refunded. I live in California.

OneTravel response

We are working with the customer and the airline and available options.

Original review: April 4, 2020

I booked a flight to leave on June first, few weeks ago they email me saying my flight changed. After being on hold for hours they finally gave me the new flight. Three days after, I get the same email again. Flight changed, contact ASAP. I've been trying to call them every single day, spent on hold just to be hung up every day about 4 to 5 hours. Then days later that number no longer works. I'm down $2,700 by these scam artists. I've attempted emailing them and using their "Request refund" online but I haven't seen my money yet. This is downright ridiculous.

Original review: March 24, 2020

UAE closed the borders. Emirates completely suspended flights. OneTravel keeps asking me to call them back. Their lines are closed. They don't answer their emails/online requests. What else? $2.5K which I spent on tickets with OneTravel is probably not enough to deserve an email/phone call. Lesson learned: never book via travel agency. Only direct - even if it means spending an extra $. This experience proved it's worth it.

OneTravel Company Information