3.7/5 (265 ratings)

About Motel 6

Motel 6 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motel 6?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motel 6?

Original review: May 16, 2022

I just want to say that the Motel 6 in Morton Gap is one of the Good hotel to stay at. The staff there is very friendly and they always look out for the customers when they stay at the property. Mr. ** is great with every customers he come in contact with. He is very people friendly and he always take care of soldiers like myself. Thanks Mr. ** for such a positive experience during my stay there.

Original review: March 24, 2022

The girls behind desk today were very kind and helpful. I had some issues with my room not having a shower curtain and they were busy but did not forget me. Also no trash can was provided in my room but they again made sure I had everything I needed and provided me with extra towels. This place has changed a lot since my last stay. I was very thankful they solved my issues and had awesome team work and customer service!

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

The only reason I dont give it 5 stars is because of one individual here by the name of Marsha. I've been staying at this Motel6 since March 1st. I've gotten acquainted with most of the staff since I've been here and some look forward to saying hi to my dog Leo. Sonia the general manager has been the definition of a leader and hard worker who serves by being the example to those around her. Her staff hold her in high regard due to always being on top of things and doing everything in her power to make one's experience pleasant.

The building itself is pretty old and it's in need of a heavy restoration but maintenance do everything in their power to be on top of things when it comes to maintaining the property. Ever since the pool opened again best believe that is always clean and ready for one to enjoy it. When it comes to individuals checking in you can expect to come across sketchy people but the staff nor the location have no control over that but they do have security between 8pm to 6am and they enforce the rules and stay on top of difficult guests. When there have been incidents, they're quick to resolve them and have Dania Beach police station less than 2 mins away who always handle the situation when need be.

People need to understand that this location facilitates guest with pets and their laundry staff work really hard like Ericka who has gone above and beyond for me making sure my sheets and sheets overall are up to standards. The cleaning crew here always make sure that my mom and my dog Leo are comfortable which makes me appreciate the staff here that much more except Marsha who must have a book of complaints but yet she is still employed as a front desk staff member. She belongs back in being in charge of the cleaning crew because as a front desk agent she lacks the common sense and who feels she's part of management when management is not around.

Overall my experience till today has been great but thanks to Marsha I'm deciding to leave because I now feel Marsha has made things personal. Individuals like her DO NOT BELONG at the front desk. Individuals like her need to be kept in the back away from guests because she is great at tarnishing people's experience here and the rest of the staff. One more thing, everybody including the people who work here TOLERATE her but nobody likes her. When you come to the front desk to check in ask for the person's name and if it's Marsha, talk to management because she will make you want to go to another location because that's how difficult and ignorant she is.

I've spent over $13,000 since March 1st, I dont expect any sort of special treatment but I do expect to interact with individuals who know their role and position, not individuals like Marsha who lives in her own world and plays victim and is rude when one is trying to talk and tell her thats she's completely out of place and in the way she interacts with guests.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I stayed at Motel 6 for a few hours from 3AM to 11 on July 6. Because it was the 4th of July weekend there were almost no rooms available, including Motel 6. The very kind woman managing Motel 6 in Klamath Falls - Cindy was her name - was kind enough to encourage me to stick around for a while because she was anticipating a "no show" and she would be able to release the last room to me. It was a smoking room (I'm not a smoker) and she went to the trouble of doing an extra bit of wiping, spraying, cleaning to try to remove the lingering smoke odor, and did so with some success!

She was also very supportive: I had driven to Klamath from Ashland looking for my son, who had been riding a motorcycle from Salt Lake and was overdue. I thought maybe he'd broken down or run out of gas on the hill between Klamath and Ashland where there is no cell service. She listened to my worries and helped me to relax a little. And while I was talking to her, my son called from Lakeview. He had been out of range. As soon as I hung up with him, she gave me the room! All worked out. Bless Cindy!

Original review: May 30, 2021

Concerning my stay @ Motel 6 in Grand Rivers Ky in MAY 2021. Inside my room, At first glance- it did not seem that I had made a good choice. I had made my reservation before I left home or I probably would Not have stayed there. I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep. The lady who checked me in was very sweet and helpful. I went to my room (this is during the COVID Virus). I always travel with a large can of Lysol. I got the lysol out of the car and began to wipe down everything that I thought I might touch- to my surprise, I did not end up with a brown cleaning rag. They had linoleum on the floor (the place I tested there was also clean).

The room was dated, the bathroom was dated. Having said that, It had a microwave, it had a small refrigerator, it had a table, it had wi-fi, it was quiet, I slept well. I ended up booking 2 more nights- I called the front desk and the motel booked them at the same rate I got online. Yes you only get very few towels etc, when I booked the extra nights- I was asked if I wanted room service- I declined but I did gather up my towels and exchanged them with the lady who was cleaning the rooms. If you are looking for a fancy room with all the frills - you will be disappointed- if you only looking for a clean room and a good night's sleep you will be satisfied. The reason for 4 stars and not 5- the remote control had really old batteries and it was hard to get it to change channels and the towels were very thin. Other than that, it was a clean and cheap hotel and that is what I expected.

Original review: May 17, 2022

Reserved a room for February 2 to February 10, 2021. Rate quoted by phone and email was $475.85. When I received my statement the card was charged $833.69. Motel 6 has ignored me for over a year. CitiCards has not assisted.

Original review: May 12, 2022

I had booked a room in Brooklyn Center, Mn for my daughter for the evening and the front desk worker was having an issue navigating their system. I phoned customer service to see if they could intervene and assist this individual. I spoke to 4 people and all of which told me my daughter could not stay there and they would not refund my credit card. I was taken back at the customer service people. I have never in my life been treated so poorly by an organization. I was merely attempting to find shelter for my child for the evening. I would not recommend this establishment to anyone. And on top of wasting my time, I need to file a dispute with my credit card company for the charge!

Original review: April 29, 2022

Tell Tom a sad story. Okay on April 28 approximately 6 pm. Sarah, my female fantastic friend, used her cell phone through Booking.com secured a handicap ready room at the Motel6 addressed 1800 N.E. 7th st Grants pass Oregon. Within 15 minutes we arrived on site to check in. Immediately she realized an error was made and the reservation made was for April 29th. At this time a cancellation was entered timed at 633. I Mitchell rented another room with my debit card.

Before checking out Sarah followed up on our cancellation/refund of 90 some dollars. Booking.com sent this motel an E-mail requesting a sign off for our refund. So Sarah called the office informing of the E-mail, and requesting the sign off reply to booking, she was told sure. Within a minute she was notified by booking, motel 6 signed but declined the refund. So I walked in the office explaining our situation. The manager, Michelle ** informed me motel 6 policy clearly states 24 hours notice required for cancellation. I reiterated the mistake that was attempted to be corrected immediately. Michelle ** stated, "No sir the cancellation wasn't put in until 10 pm. No refund."

I returned to the room and Sarah said "see, cancellation requested 6:32 pm on 4/28." So I proceeded to the office, showed mgr ** the time of the cancellation at 6:33 on Thursday 4/28. She stated I have no way of seeing this information. I asked again for my refund informing mgr. ** I am disabled on social security, my friend mobility depends on a prosthetic leg and social security, we cannot afford this on our meagar income. Mgr. ** said, "Sir policy is no refund." Angerly I informed her there is not a possibility of the 24 hour notice due to less than at initial renting this is not possible to do. Mgr ** very nastily stated, "Yes sir you are right. It is not possible to notify satisfying motel 6 policy, you should have read this before you rented and decided not to rent." I states you are going to keep our money really, mgr ** again informed me no refund. I was furious!

I stated to mgr **, "My son has a large social media following. If you're proceeding keeping my money motel 6 will get blasted all over the internet." She even nastier told me, "Are you, that is a threat, are you threatening me?" Immediately I said no threat, that's a promise. Mgr. ** stated, "that is a threat, leave the property". Replying "yes name". I walked away. So we sit not refunded. Treated unneighborly at Tom's. We'll keep a light on, maintaining policy enabling them to refuse refund on a simple booking mistake from disabled people immediately correcting a simple booking error to forfeit moneys they can't spare.

This is just wrong. This wasn't a waste of their time needing punishment. This was an overlooking accident by disabled getting older folks trying to find a light on, only finding robbers taking and keeping moneys with a policy impossible to satisfy. Please if you are AARP aged, avoid, Toms light it's only sucker trap and you cannot win.

Original review: April 29, 2022

Had reservation but when tried to check in, was turned away because they had "no rooms available." I told front desk we had a reservation and as I was looking for my confirmation email, was told, "hospitality didn't clean the rooms. No CLEAN rooms available." And then was very rudely told that "There's a LaQuinta down the street." And, then I was charged a no show fee. Called their customer support number, and sent email a few days later, showing that I was actually there to check in at the time I stated, from my GSP location service. I haven't heard back from anyone about refund. Will never stay at Motel 6 and will never recommend to anyone.

Original review: March 19, 2022

Motel 6 -Plano Texas; 2550 Central Expressway. Roaches in the room, water comes out of shower head like mist, cigarette burns on linens, and bathtub, linens on bed dirty, towels are dirty and raggedy, dyed blue to hid stains but stains are still visible, dust on bathroom fan, spider webs on ceiling. I have pictures! During check in, police was knocking on someone’s door. Second night, ambulance was called- lady claimed husband stabbed her and fled. 2 nights later, ambulance was called again for someone else. One night, was returning to room and smell of ** was overpowering! Staff is very rude - from management to housekeeping! The only reason for 1 star is because it is required!!! I wouldn’t give them any stars!

Motel 6 Company Information