1.51/5
Based on 102 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

679 Motel 6 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 20, 2018

We booked a room with Motel 6 in Enterprise Alabama. The most disgusting experience we've ever had. Room smelled of urine and other foul odors. Stained carpets throughout, most disturbing were the ones caused by the toilet having overflowed and no carpet shampooing. Someone's old soap sludge in the soap dispenser in shower, which provided an adhesive for pubic hairs of prior residents. Mystery brown splatters all over shower walls. Washrags, curtains, bedspread and pillows under the case stained or unwashed. Headboard of one bed had boogers dried on it as well as shower and shower curtain. Dried fecal matter inside of the toilet and on hinges of seat. Thick brown crud all around bathroom baseboards. The microwave looked as if it had never been cleaned. We were also expected to share the room with roaches and flies.

It was late when we arrived exhausted from a long day of traveling and the front desk was happy enough to check us in but when we promptly tried to check out, no one answered the phone or the night bell until 9 am the following morning. When they finally answered, we were met by a man in his red plaid pj pants and a mint green polo he had clearly slept in, with food stains all down the front of it. We asked for a refund and were told we had to go online and do it. I argued that we didn't pay online. We paid here. I came to the realization that the only English he spoke was, "GO ONLINE".

10 minutes after driving away, my bank sends a text letting me know that Motel 6 took not one but three nights out of my account. I called the same motel and was told, yet again, to go online and request a refund. I called customer care instead, in the lobby. Customer service had them refund the whole amount but that too was a nightmare. It took THREE CALLS! And not one of them cared about the experience, in fact I felt like an imposition and they had much better things to do. Not one apology, just huffs and puffs and what felt like eye rolling. I'm just happy for the refund. Moral of the story, stay anywhere else, even if it's your car!

Original review: June 19, 2018

The Motel 6 at 812 Dunn Avenue, Jacksonville, Florida is the worst place that you could stay! The staff is very rude and do not speak basic English. The hotel is crawling with prostitutes and drug dealers. They have long term residents that have caused a roach infestation in the building! A lot of times when you rent a room you find the beds unmade, the TV on and no toilet paper in the rooms. The last time I stayed I spoke to the manager about the situation and the manager put me on a no rent list! I only stayed there because it was convenient for work... but never again!

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 14, 2018

As a HUGE Motel 6 chain, you should be ashamed of yourselves... I’m so embarrassed for you!!! The room we PAID for was absolutely disgusting. After my family and I enjoyed an amazing 4 day stay at Schlitterbahn Waterpark and Resort in New Braunfels, Texas which by the way, is a 5 Star experience, sadly, it was time to head back home to Washington. It was getting late so we decided to stop in Sequin, Texas at a Motel 6 room #217. First off the clerk couldn’t speak a dime of English, so she was unable to provide us with a room rate (let alone tell us about any good restaurants nearby that serve dinner) so we decide to just go for it and stay anyways.

Like I said it was late, so we decide to go next door to Jack In The Box, we ate dinner, then went straight to sleep. Then DUN DUN DUUNNN we woke up to the filthiest motel experience EVER. I’ll let these photos do the talking. Do yourself a favor and grab a barf bag, because you're gonna need it!!! I wanted to capture more photos of the grossness, but I couldn’t stomach another look at it all... I’ll walk you through the photos. Photo #1 This is the top blanket. Huge black dirt spots that are on both blankets. Photo #2 Non Smoking room. Cigarette holes all over the blankets. Photo #3 Middle blankets on both beds had these black chunks of disgusting matter embedded in them. Photo #4 The entire area of hardwood floors are caked with months and months of uncleaned black filth. Photo #5 And who knows what this crap can possibly be... like I said floors have not been cleaned in months. Photo #6... and more disgusting matter.

Original review: June 12, 2018

On June 8th I arrived at the Motel in East Point,Ga on Virginia Ave st approximately 12:15am. There was a line out the door. The receptionist Michelle ** was EXTREMELY rude to me and my other 5 guest that I had with me. She kept making rude comments then overcharged me for one of my rooms in which I had reservations for 3 rooms. She repeatedly asked me which reservation was I paying for and I told her I would pay for one of the King rooms first. She raised her voice and said "That's not what I asked you!" I told her that I want to keep all 3 because of the number of people with me. She was sighing deeply out loud and turning up her nose. When I paid for the 1st room and she asked me for $178 I told her that my room should have been $155.65. She showed me to show her proof, in which I did and she still charged me $178. My sister was paying for another room and her card got declined because we were traveling.

She told her (Michelle) that she had the money and would just get from the ATM, when the ATM transaction declined she laughed and said to her, "But you got it though?" At this point the East Point Police officer got involved because Michelle again, raised her voice. The Police officer asked the other person that had just gotten off work to step in and help because she was being so rude to the customers. When I came in the night of June 9th she was working again, when I came in the lobby, she looked at us, rolled her eyes and turned her head. I stay at this location at least once a month because I am there on business. This is the 1st time I have encountered bad service at this location and this really makes me question if I will stay there again. I checked out on June 10th and spoke with the manager, she did refund me $23. She was very pleasant and try to rectify my problem.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Fantastic Motel 6! It almost restores my respect for this motel chain... Almost! (avoid Motel 6 in Barstow VT and Childress,TX). This motel has a cozy feel- even with the new fake hardwood floors they've put in. It seemed clean, and everything was stocked. The classy lobby even serves coffee, fruit and donuts in the mornings! This is the first Motel 6 I've felt safe in. Most importantly, the check in clerk was welcoming, and didn't hassle me about pets. This motel chain has started to push it's "pet friendly" policy, but unfortunately, like the 7-11's in this country, the trend for this chain is to be bought up by foreign investors, who put foreign clerks in their motels, WHO ARE RUDE, HAVE A LIMITED COMMAND OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE, AND MAKE ISSUES ABOUT PETS! I wish all the Motel 6s would use Natchitoches, LA as their model for how a motel should be run!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motel 6?

Original review: June 10, 2018

June 8, 2018 we checked into the Studio 6 extended stay motel at 4100 W. John Carpenter Irving, TX 75063. The parking lot should have been a clue as to how bad this experience was going to be. Where do I start. I just caught my hand on a rusty nail when I was reaching for the light switch in the bathroom. The door frame is split from someone kicking the door in, causing the nail to pop out. The "beds" are a mattress on a piece of plywood with a base made of 2"x12"s. I decided for some strange reason to see why the pillows on one bed were so different from the 2 on the other. OMG they are pillows left by a previous guest and reused!

Check out the pics...yellow, drool stains and I'm not sure what that is on the label...makeup or blood. I take them to the front desk and tell the guy to look. He says, "I see it." He takes me to the laundry room...no more pillows, have to wait until morning. I'm thoroughly pissed and disgusted. Will be calling the City of Irving first thing Monday to file a health and safety complaint since I cannot find any sort of fire alarm/detector. If I could give 1/2 or no stars I would.

Original review: June 8, 2018

June 7, 2018 at approximately 11:00 p.m. My husband was just refused service at the Motel 6 in Weatherford, Texas, despite having a reservation. When he attempted to check in, the manager, Bob, said, “I am refusing you service. Leave the property.” Additional comments about skin color were made by Bob. I called Bob in an attempt to ascertain vacancy. Bob was rude to me. I admit that I was rude in response. My husband has already driven 500 miles today and still has about 500 more to go TONIGHT, thanks to Bob. He has severe health issues that this will undoubtedly exacerbate.

I called corporate headquarters and spoke with Shawanda, who stated, “I wasn’t there so I don’t know what was said.” She also hedged when I asked about a refund on the credit card used. She stated that credit card info was never given. Of course it was! How else do you make a motel reservation online or by phone?

No more Motel 6 for us. Tomorrow, I’ll be calling every other number available to report this. DISCRIMINATION BY SKIN COLOR.

Original review: June 7, 2018

There was loud banging on my door. The night manager said I was leaking water on the floor. I had taken a shower as there was no bath stop. I called again for a bath stop. The lady said she was going to call the cops. Ten minutes later 2 (wonderful and polite) police officers showed up hands on guns saying I was being a problem. I WILL NEVER STAY AT A MOTEL 6 AGAIN. PLEASE DON'T EITHER. THANK YOU.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Motel 666 Montgomery, AL. Stayed a few hours... left at 3 a.m. after someone opened the room door with a card/key. The room had not been put into the computer, so they rented it to someone else at 2:30 in the morning! OMG! It was dirty, noisy, TV cable kept cutting out, and no cold water in the shower. This made it virtually impossible to take a shower! So many negatives here... very disappointed. I was charged $50.88 for this nasty room where we stayed but a few hours and got no rest. Nothing in the room... no microwave, no coffee pot, no hair dryer, no dresser, not even a Kleenex provided. Only one chair in the room, one nightstand, one small desk. They can surely do better than this!!! Desk clerk was nice... that's my one and only positive about this place.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Yesterday on Tuesday May 22nd 2018 I checked in at Motel 6 Highway 49 in Gulfport Mississippi. Soon as I came to the room which is 224 these sheets were dirty. Had black stains on it all over. Call front desk. Ask can anybody bring some clean sheets and blankets. They said they would take care of it. Time passes by still no clean sheets. Told them again by 6:30. They finally send a housekeeper. She gets his clean sheets. We say something about being reported. There are ants on the bed. Took pictures of that. The housekeeping lady was one of the witnesses. Showed her all the black stains black marks all over the sheets. It was fresh.

The blanket had stains on it. Took the pictures on the phone. Took it to the front desk to talk to a manager and they didn't do anything. One of my guest that I had to come visit has bites on her feet. She showed the housekeeper that and they still didn't do anything about it. It's not a place I would recommend for anybody on business trips or anybody with family. The beds have bed bugs. They have ants, unclean sheets, the rooms are not clean. The other day I rented out and the rooms were dirty. We had to wait 20 minutes before the room. When we got in the room there is no toilet tissue, no towels, no bath Clause, none of the stuff that supposed to be in a room after you clean it. The lady at front desk didn't give no receipt.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I have been trying to be just in my demands of "making it right"... so let me explain. I attempted to stay in your Commerce GA, privately owned facility on the night of April 10th 2018. Ok. So... We get there a little early and the cleaning lady is in the room, so I yelled across parking lot "make sure you do a good job now"... like that rooms been rented. I'm here. Do good job. This lady either in fact did not do a good job or deliberately put a USED SYRINGE IN THE BED.

I freaked out and bagged it up and documented leaving the room and even punched in GPS for directions to my home so there would be some kind of proof that I left and did not return. However... I waited till the next morning to call the hotel about it. He said it wasn't his employee... Well now I'm not sure who got that room before me but this lady didn't do her job in that... the most basic thing you do to a motel room is... CHANGE THE DAMN BED SHEETS. Right? Well the ONLY other option is that SHE DID IT INTENTIONALLY (because I told her do good job... is my opinion.). I even made a police report and everything. So now because it is privately owned... There's nothing corporate can/will do for me.

I refused the $68 refund I was offered the first time I had talked to the manager. Because I hadn't thought about it like that. But now the shock has worn and I know what I want... Free lifetime stays... No matter if it's for a month at a time. I want to be able to know if I ever need a place to sleep... PEACE OF MIND says I'll have it there. I need them to know that she... either way it happened because of his employee and he needs to be held responsible... But she endangered my life in more than just one way... I'm allergic to a lot of stuff... from tetanus shot to alone, ** to **... Let alone the blood could have HIV or hepc or anything. Very not cool... This is ** really.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Horrible! Was moved 3 times, manager never responded as to what happened to reservation, no one ever brought a phone. Rene at front desk was terribly rude. Mike stunk of liquor from maintenance. He walked past my room laughing Ha, Ha Ha. The staff DO NOT COMMUNICATE to each other. NOR do they care about PROMPTNESS. Claiming they would take care of things that were out never taken care of.

Original review: May 5, 2018

There are just as many good posted reviews for Bellingham WA as bad, so for people it seems friendly staff doesn't work for everyone the same. My experience with staff was horrible, it started when trying to speed the process up of charging my card to reflect that the room was paid for instead of when I arrive, since I booked with reservation center I called and asked to do just that, I was told I needed to call the front desk where my stay was so I did. Front desk said to call res center so I call them back. They say they can't, I'm starting to fume because this goes for nearly everywhere these days, what happened to the term hospitality.

So instead of allowing this front desk person to tell me again call the res center I got angry and I let her know in so many words that I was... success!!! There is a 3rd party way to do it but call res center back, so I did explaining front desk said use third party, the child on the other end said once again call the front desk back... that was it, I went off like I wouldn't be able to tomorrow cussing out the reservation agent relentlessly, hung up on him finally. A few moments later I received confirmation it was paid for. I don't like to be that way, but the front desk nightmare continued on.

The final straw was I was outside smoking a cig and there were pigeons outside, the next door guest comes outside starts to feed them, 1 is being not allowed to eat, the guest goes back in, I decide to get a few crackers to try for the pigeon not eating, immediately some new control front desk freak approached me telling me to stop not the next door guest, that was the final insult on top of many I was going take, now I'm pretty sure I'm being watched and possibly abused. To cancel remaining stay is just as another nightmare so I will sleep and try again in the AM fretting getting refund on the card will actually take place since the agent didn't seem to know when either, I hung up on him too. The room was clean but not ready at 3pm as told, it was 6pm. I used 1 star rating in order to post, I wanted to give them nothing, and won't tell anyone to come here.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I have been Motel 6 registered user for the past 5 years. I have always booked with them online. I had a need in April to book a room in Oakland, CA, and their reservation system said that Motel 6 had now become My6, and I needed to change my password. I changed it five times unsuccessfully. Each time I tried to log in, I had to see the same message saying I needed to change my password. I finally had to call the reservation center to make the reservation. They said they were having issues with the site, and that I should wait a few days and try again.

Well four weeks later, due to a death, I need to book a room in Las Vegas for a funeral on May 7. I get the same message all over again, and tried to change my password 4 more times, with the same message. Change my password... I have to now call the reservation system to book the room again. I even sent an email this time... Someone was supposed to call me to tell me my account had been reset. I have not heard a peep after 2 days. Tom Bodett says, “He'll leave the light on for you”, but the reservation system sure doesn’t leave the app on for you... Frustrated.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I am staying on business and after two week entering my third. I was never offered a room with a refrigerator and microwave. I was never offered a weekly rate. I was allowed to continue to pay the higher rate. To add insult to injury I was then giving a room with those electronics. But then I go to turn in to find hair on my sheets so I call the front desk. She tells me I have to wait until tomorrow or I could come get the sheets and change them myself. I then spoke to a man who then brought me everything to turn down my bed. I did. I finally cut off the lights. I lay down and my body was being chewed on by adult bed bugs. I was then removed from my room without my wallet, clothes, jacket, everything for hours. They gave me a certificate for my troubles.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Your people are rude. Guest relations is a joke. You turned away guest who prepaid for a reservation for whatever reason but stole the entire 2 night stay but when the customer found out and called to correct, they have to wait 21 days for YOUR mistake. You people are crooks, con-artist and I will never recommend anyone who I travel with to stay at your establishments.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Denied check in til 2:30pm When confirmation said 2pm. Advertised as free parking. Hotel sells parking to first come first serve. Once I actually got a spot. I couldn't move the car for fear of not having access to my hotel upon return. Cigarette stashed above a mirror. 2 days after stay friend has bacterial skin infection! Freaking nasty. This hotel needs inspected. Possible bed bugs too. I'm no expert but I saw trails along the seams of the mattress. I've stayed in my fair share of hotels and have been dissatisfied before. But I've never left a review. When your friend gets a bacterial infection from a hotel, it's time to speak up!

Original review: April 13, 2018

I love Motel 6. I have never had a bad experience staying with them. I needed a early check in and ** (531 W. Broadway ) greeted me and got my room immediately. I noticed he sounded like he had a cold so I asked him and actually he felt horrible but had I not asked I wouldn’t of ever known. He was prompt, courteous, and very funny making me laugh. No sooner then I’d been checked in. Within the first 5 min I was back because I’d held my room key to my phone. No problem! ** was on it. The rooms look great with the updated wood floors. I always stay at a Motel 6.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I waited for a week to do this review to allow time to see if my opinion changed and it hasn't. We were there just for an overnight stay and were totally disappointed. The first room (212) we were given wasn't clean - beds weren't made, case of empty beer bottles left in room, dirty towels on floor in bathroom, dirty cup with drink in it on nightstand, tried to call front desk from phone and the phone didn't work. Went back to front desk and the lady at the front desk acted like she didn't remember us, it had only been about 10 minutes since we checked in and there wasn't anyone else checking then. We were given another room (211) - that room was cleaner BUT the desk chairs were filthy, there was a stain on one bedspread and the desk table was sticky.

These things were bad but we were willing to live with it for just a stop over stay. Beds were comfortable and sheets clean. Then we went to leave and the door would not open (from the inside)!!! We called the front desk and reported we were locked in our room and needed them to get us out. Of course their first question was did we have the deadbolt on and we had but now it wouldn't unlock. It took about an hour for her to get us out of the room. Since this was a different person than the one that checked us in we asked her to look at the room we were first given so she would know it had not been cleaned. They did give us 30% off our bill and she was very apologetic. I don't think we should have been charged anything, but after being locked in the room for almost an hour I just wanted to leave and did not argue the point. To say the least Motel 6 will be on my do not stay at list.

Original review: April 12, 2018 I have stayed at both Motel 6s in Centralia Washington. Never again. My son paid for a week and they kicked him out after 3 days and kept the rest of the money.

Because they didn’t like the way he looked and the other one is just as bad banning us from the motel saying there was fighting going on in the room. It was the next-door neighbor and they blamed it on us. I am seriously going to take legal action against both Motel 6s. They are dirty rooms. They will walk right in without knocking. Never ever again.

Original review: April 11, 2018

We stay at the Ft Lee Petersburg Motel 6. We had items stolen from our room. We had not just clothes stolen from the room. It also jewelr. Aa necklace to be exact. At first we thought it was only the clothes that were stolen and we searched everywhere but could not find them anywhere. A complaint was made at the front desk and when we asked if the employees come into the room when we were not there we were told they were not allowed to. It was not till we checked out we noticed that the necklace was missing. Another complaint will be made to the motel. Room never really came too clean and the toilet and bathtub were kind of dirty when we checked in. The first floor smells of cigarettes and weed even though it’s a no smoking facility. Also we were told that the security cameras do not work which I found very sketchy. The motel is also not in the best of areas either.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Reservation was canceled by someone in middle of the day while at work. Call motel they said a woman called and canceled which was wrong. Then called the corp office they said it was done online and the basically said, "Oh well" too. Will not deal with again.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I'm very pleased with my experience at the Biddle Road Motel 6. Very clean and comfortable and had a very good microwave and fridge. Also liked the morning coffee in the office, but would prefer coffee pot in room lol. Bring own shampoo and silverware for food, though... None available, which I thought was strange. Still, a very good experience and I am forever grateful to my dear friend who paid for 2 nights here for me. :)

Original review: March 30, 2018

Front desk was rude and no maintenance to fix what was wrong - At 10 p.m. I can't get towels. I can't get an extra blanket. I can't get it maintenance man to fix my tub and my sink not even fix the vent that is broken. Now I have to take a tub bath or shower when they think I should. Bathroom leaking. Water fan not working. Pipes clogged and would not do nothing about it. I think if they want to keep customers the customer should be right. I ask for another room they wouldn't give it to me and they're not all booked.

Original review: March 28, 2018

My husband and I stayed at the motel 6 in Lantana Florida. Needless to say as we were pulling into the parking lot it looked run down and dirty. The staff were pleasant and we got our room key. The dirty floors then dirty sheet along with numerous HUGE burn holes in all the blankets the walls were disgusting and have probably never been cleaned once. Then the bathroom... No words to explain. The bathtub looked like it hasn’t been cleaned in decades. I wore my shoes and went out and bought my own towels and blankets (I couldn’t afford to book another hotel) then the cockroaches everywhere! When I got home I took my things to a laundromat so they wouldn’t come in my house. Not to mention the locks on the doors were busted and this place was (for lack of a better word) Ghetto. I felt very unsafe except for when the police did walk arounds. Also no fridge or microwave no shampoo or other toiletries.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The Motel 6 in Charlotte had laminate flooring, no lamps, no breakfast, and unfriendly front desk. They also had no amenities, broken water faucets, hard mattress, obvious night guard, swimming pools filled in, covered in grass, broken concrete walks, etc. It seems that all Motel 6 are the same.

Original review: March 27, 2018

San Francisco Motel 6 on Geary St.- Susan refused to allow my husband check-in to our room because a piece of his Calif Driver's License has chipped off due to him having to open his office door when he locks the keys in. He’s the GM of a well-established nightclub here in SF. She insinuated like he uses it to break into stuff??? His DL is fully up to date. She told me if he was staying in the room I would be in violation of the list of policies. I have to follow in order to get my full 100 cash deposit back.

My husband was promoted to GM on Jan 1. He very literally has worked every day since. He doesn’t trust anyone to grind out the necessary numbers needed in the crucial rebuilding stage the club is experiencing. Please help. We had to vacate our SF home suddenly. We have a Frenchie and an Akita. I don’t believe in credit or debit - I only use what I have. I don’t overextend. Motel 6 is literally the only place that allows 2 pets AND a cash deposit.

Original review: March 17, 2018 This chain is a total dump. Hot water heater broken in hotel so no hot shower. Every ** morning have to tell the stupid maids to clean the room or they don’t do it.

Staff as always just don’t give a ** and why should they? They probably don’t earn **. I’ll never stay at a Motel 6 anywhere again. I’ll sleep in my car first. If the ** heater isn’t fixed by tomorrow night I’m demanding my money back and going elsewhere. If they don’t give my lawyer will tear them a new **. Steer clear of this low rent **, especially in south Dallas, home of the lowlife deluxe.

Original review: March 12, 2018 Last night was one of the worst experiences I've ever had at a Motel. I stayed at the Motel 6 in South Everett, WA. I was so scared I did not sleep the entire night. I had more than one incident outside my door/room. People harassing me and my boyfriend. It is a very stressful time in life for us and to be scared to leave my room is not what I signed up for. This is a very bad area and for that reason I feel extra security should patrol not only the parking lot but through the halls as well.

If I was not struggling financially right now I would have absolutely left this place last night but I had already paid for the room. So instead I laid in bed anxious at every sound I heard and still I am awake writing a review about my horrible experience. I hope something can change around here. This is unacceptable. If I could rate this place it would be a negative 5 stars. The price is just about the only thing I like about it.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Mansfield Ohio USA - Booked room for night through Trivago. Checked in. Room dirty. Carpets dirty. Floors not clean. Room smells really bad. We have been traveling from Washington state to the state of Maine. Long day. If we were not so tired we would check out. Lady at front desk not pleasant. We have been staying at Motel 6 all across the US and this is by far the worst place I have ever had to sleep. It really smells bad but my husband needs to get off road and rest. I hope someone from Motel 6 reads this. Gives them a very bad name.

Motel 6 Company Information