3.8/5 (591 ratings)

About Motel 6

Motel 6 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motel 6?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I had to find an inexpensive motel. After much travel I knew where I didn't want to sleep in. My first observation was a couple smoking on a bench, my impression was they were a long renters. My room was basic. The TV worked. I can watch Fox. In the morning I went to the lobby coffee machine, The one cup at a time type. Covered the container and went back to TV and Coffee, Stale? Old? Terrible. When It came to checking out I told the man that the Motel was a Pleasant experience but the coffee was the worst tasting, he said the machine company was changed last week. I went to my car to leave and first check my Ipad. I could not find. OMG all my info was on it. I tore apart my car trying to find it. Maybe I left it in my room so I went back in to get the key back. Telling him my problem, He asked what type of computer, He found it the night before on the ground. I thanked him with a Benjamin.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

Me and my wife stayed at Motel6 and crew Jeff and Maria are extremely polite, efficient. The rooms are generally pretty clean and I would recommend this motel to anyone. They need be treated like a little more better with a promotion.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I just want to say that the Motel 6 in Morton Gap is one of the Good hotel to stay at. The staff there is very friendly and they always look out for the customers when they stay at the property. Mr. ** is great with every customers he come in contact with. He is very people friendly and he always take care of soldiers like myself. Thanks Mr. ** for such a positive experience during my stay there.

Original review: March 24, 2022

The girls behind desk today were very kind and helpful. I had some issues with my room not having a shower curtain and they were busy but did not forget me. Also no trash can was provided in my room but they again made sure I had everything I needed and provided me with extra towels. This place has changed a lot since my last stay. I was very thankful they solved my issues and had awesome team work and customer service!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

I made my reservation online for $104.38. This rate was not explained clearly on the Motel 6 site. The room rate was $62.99 which is all I have paid in the past. So I don't know what Motel 6 was doing in the past but that is a pretty steep increase. The issues I have with Motel 6 are the Paint was peeling off of the entry door. There were no stoppers in the bath tub or the sink. It's the middle of winter and a hot bath would be nice. There appeared to be mold on the bathroom ceiling. The phone didn't work. I was told that they did not have any rooms downstairs but the motel was obviously not full based on the parking lot, and you can't tell me that they didn't have a room downstairs. There was no longer a table in the room and only one chair. My husband was with me and he had to sit on the bed to eat. Daniel, the front desk clerk, was very friendly and polite.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

I have been staying at Motel 6 south in Billings Montana since October and my stay here has been a nightmare. There is constantly drug dealing going on. This motel is not safe. We still have no hot water.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

We have two connected room in July 2022 and had Cockroaches in both rooms with a hole in the wall where they all went in and out. I showed pictures and the video to the front staff, Christina and left a letter with one of the fed Cockroaches in the envelope. I never received a call back from the hotel manager AHARON or the company itself. I paíd $420. For two rooms for two nights and I just found out October 17, that they approve a $60.00 refund. If you don’t like cockroaches, I would not go to Motel 6 Carpinteria North 4200 Via Real.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2022

Last night, October 8th, this Motel 6 resold our room, which was PAID IN FULL. They said it was because we'd not checked in by 6pm, despite the fact that we had notified them upon reservation that we wouldn't be checking in until 11 pm and they confirmed that notification. They were already charging a higher-than normal rate for the room ($300 a night for Motel 6?) because there was a major music festival (Aftershock) going on in Sacramento and they knew they could get that price. (Isn't this price gouging? And yet it happens all the time.)

There were no other rooms available, even if we'd been able to afford to pay for another room anywhere else. My partner, who was there for the music festival, slept OUTSIDE in a tshirt and shorts. He didn't have a car to sleep in or to drive anywhere else in. And THEY TOOK OUR MONEY ANYWAY. Essentially, they made more than double the regular price on that room while forcing a 56 YEAR OLD man to sleep on the streets.

Resolution response: Oct. 5, 2022

No resolution. Motel 6 owner "Ken" refuses to turn on power and give me key access to my room. It has been a full 7 days with no resolution. He willfully violates California law and has illegally locked me out and cut power. He needs to be stopped!!!!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

I've been staying at this Motel 6 in Turlock CA for some 10 months or so. First let me say that the room I stay in is not completely finished or remodeled. There are 2 to 3 inch gaps along the lining of the walls where trim should be. Only there is no trim only open and exposed wall where roaches have a field day scurrying and laying eggs between rooms. There are holes in the walls where fixtures used to be but are no longer. Random patches of unpainted pieces scattered throughout the room and bathroom. The vents in air ducts look like a very shagged out rug from the 80s only its dust and dirt and God knows what else about 3 inches thick. The vents in ac were almost as bad. There was blood splatter on the walls from lord only knows. The bathroom had used needles left behind from previous guests. I had to bleach the room before I could let my partner and animals in the room.

One day the owner asked me if I would help Clean rooms because he only had one housekeeper so I agreed. Lo and behold he only paid $6 per room and the rooms were rather disgusting. During my stay I witnessed the owner go rather rogue on guests yelling at them and screaming profanities, allowing himself entry into their rooms without their consent and literally throwing out their belongings. I was shocked and embarrassed for the people I seen him do this to. Wait...it gets better. Then lo and behold, it was my turn. He without hesitation did the same to me. He has been trying to illegally force me out over a noise dispute that occurred around 9am in the morning. Since then he has illegally been locking me out since September 1, 2022 till present and as of September 28, 2022 he has since cut power to my room. So I have zero power, no lights electric, TV and air.

All of his actions are completely and totally in violation of California law and he is without a care or remorse about it. How inhumane and careless his actions are astonish me not as a victim of his abuse and harassment but more so in a way that he is a business owner. He is out of control and has no regard for the law or respect for other human beings. His shady business practices need to be investigate and stopped immediately. I am not the first guest he has done this to and I am more than certain I won't be the last. What chain of command do I have to bark up to be heard and helped to keep him from his unfair and illegal practices?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

My wife and I are in our 50s and have stayed in many motels, hotels, inns and Airbnb‘s. The motel six in Brockton Mass was the filthiest we have ever experienced. The hallways smelled like a mixture of urine and smoke. There was blood smeared on the window of the front door of the motel. There were stains all over the floor. Our room was supposed to be a non-smoking room and smelled strongly of smoke and there were burn holes in the blankets. There was clumped hair and stains on our room floor. It was obvious that no cleaning had been done in this motel in a long time.

Motel 6 Company Information