1.57/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

707 Motel 6 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Sometimes I stay longer due to the relaxing experience. Been throughout the states using Motel 6. Great value for my dollar. Staff always friendly and accommodating. I feel safe at night when my family puts their heads down. I'm a repeat customer.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Me and son just arrived from Florida. If I knew, what it was like, would never have stayed there. I paid for 2 weeks in advance. First got there, bathroom light was hanging by wires. Went downstairs, told office (they seemed passed off, that I bothered them), maintenance guy came to hotel room. Brought no tools. So popped it back in wall. Still didn't work, said he would be back next day. Not good enough, paid for 2 weeks-light is going to work. Went to office again. I said, have him bring his tools, this time. Got a lot of eye rolling and a sigh! Ice maker - on both floors, not working. People leave trash in hallways. Prostitutes and people on drugs, dealing drugs. No bureau in room, washer and dryer broke. Fights always breaking out. Police there A LOT. Would not send someone's dog there. I called the main, Motel 6 - they did not care. DISGUSTING is what it is.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

I made reservations for the Martinsburg, WV Motel 6 on Friday night Dec. 7. The motel had a sign advertising $49.95, but the price was higher because of Friday night rates. The price on the sign is the price I should have paid. I stay at Motel 6 many times during the year, but I may have to send my business elsewhere. I called corporate and was told "tough" in so many words. (No complaints about the room.)

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

October 26 I spent the weekend at Motel 6 on Boulder Highway. Our room was suppose to be ready at 3pm it wasn't. We were accommodated to another room where I was confronted by a roach. The partying there I was unable to get sleep. Whenever I travel I try to stay at a MOTEL 6. In November I used the Motel 6 in Sylmar Calif where there were roaches there as well. I had business in Van Nuys Calif. I tried to get a reservation for MOTEL 6 6909 Sepulveda Blvd. The customer service person told me "we don't want your ** ads here and ** you". I called their Corporate office to file a complaint being that they are representing their hotel. I can send you a copy of the feedback I received and my reply to that particular email as well.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

I enjoyed my stay and it was very comfortable. No problems to speak of. If anything came up they were on top of it asap. I'd go back no problem. The place was cleaned regularity and anything needed was taken care of.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motel 6?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Let us start at the beginning; the website reservation had nowhere to request a handicap access room so I had to call the motel to ask for a ground floor handicap room. When we arrived we were told we had a ground floor room, but nothing was mentioned about it being handicapped. At the door; the first thing we were hit with was the smell, the cleaning person must have used an entire bottle of cleanser in that room because the smell hit you from the door and every time we came back to the room and opened the door it hit you again.

The room; there was 1 chair, hard molded wooden looking chair. No table or desk, just 1 chair. While a spacious room because of the lack of carpet and lack of furniture it echoed badly inside. This Motel 6’s website had showed a table and 2 chairs in the room. The bed; the sheets had been tucked so far under the mattress that the blanket was not even visible until we removed the bedspread and sheet and found the blanket mixed in between them, in other words they had “Short sheeted” the bed. The bed base was so creaky that every movement was loud and echoed. The pillows were the smallest flattest things you have ever seen.

The bathroom; WAS NOT HANDICAPPED, the toilet seat was loose and caused me to fall when it slide sideways. It was very difficult to get up from the toilet without any grab bars, had to use the door frame to pull myself upright. I was not even going to try to get in and out of the shower since it was a standard bathtub with high sides. The toilet flush was so loud it uncomfortable. Again, I had asked for a handicap room because the photos on their website had showed a roll in shower in their “Deluxe” King room. Which is what we had paid for.

The curtains; we discovered at night that the curtains were on a broken double rod system but there was only 1 curtain and it was placed 4 inches out from the window, allowing so much light around them that with the lights off we were able to read by the light of the porch light that was directly outside of our window, it actually got darker in our room in the morning when the light went out. Why there was not a second curtain or why the one that was there was so far away from the window I’ll never understand.

There was an uncovered power outlet just under the headboard that could have caused a fire or electrocute one of us if we slid our hand in the 3 inch space between the bed and the wall. The cleaning person came in the next day, but all she did was pick up the towel off the bathroom floor and did not leave a spare roll of toilet paper, I tried to call the front desk but the phone would not accept any key presses, and the only number I could find was not for our front desk but rather headquarters. So I had to get dressed and walk across the parking lot in the rain to ask for a roll of toilet paper. The little things; there was no Kleenex, the book they leave in the room for you to see what is available in the area had at least 3 businesses that were no longer in business.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I should have known not to book a room at Motel 6 in Hollywood. They tell you in fine print on the website that there may not be parking. But you don't find that out until you actually get to the motel and find out you have to park 2 blocks away and pay 15 to $20 for that parking. I will never ever ever ever stay at this Motel 6 again.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

We've stayed at Motel 6, and today my husband try to renew our reservation, we intend to stay for more 3 days, at Motel 6 in San Rafael, CA. But when we try to talk to the clerk at the reception he was very rude, racist, unprofessional and treat us very bad, he cancel our reservation without our permission. He told us to pack our things and get out from his Hotel and start to shouting saying that he doesn't want us there...my husband even asked if was because he was a ** guy and the guy just look at him and just kick us out screaming yelling saying for us to get out. We are very upset. My husband is sick with allergies from the Smoke of the campfire the air is very unhealthy and the guy just treat us like garbage. I want our money back...please do something about it because nobody deserves to be treated like that because of the color of their skin.

The Reservation was at the Motel 6 at San Rafael, CA. We want to be refunded, we want our money back. We don't deserve to be treated like that. Very disappointed, horrible people...no respect at all for the customer. We try to solve the problem over the phone but seems they don't know what to do in this case. Be aware of this place. You deserve better.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

We walked in and it smelled of paint with paint bucket and rollers and lamp shades, a cart with maintenance supplies in the way, dirty towels with paint, trash cans full of maintenance changed, no soaps, absolutely filthy stains on bedspread, paint spots all over floors, on locks, spackling on wall, still lamp shades off which we put on ourselves, cigarette ashes behind bedside table, under bed was nasty, filthy shower, dirty, only one chair for table which was torn around edging. Maintenance guy kept bothering us because he left stuff and couldn't find stuff. On top of it all some man walked back and forth, yelling, talking on his phone. I filed a complaint, no answer to a free day due to this one not being pleasant. Linen not stocked. It was unrestful and horrible.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I had an extended stay at Portland Oregon in October 2018 due to temporarily being homeless due to domestic violence. Motel 6 overcharged me a day, said they would credit my Mastercard, but never did. I contacted them & they liked and said they did post a credit, NEVER HAPPENED! Don't Stay At Motel 6, I never will again.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I made reservation with this Motel 6 (#1251, 1101 Shoreway Rd, Belmont, CA) directly and received a confirmation email as usually, and printed it out just to be sure. But when I arrived here after 8 hours of long drives in the evening the receptionist at front desk told me they have no record of my reservation and said I need to call reservation center myself. I told them it’s not my problem. Why can’t they call and find out where went wrong. They said they can’t! So I did.

The reservation center personnel told me there’s nothing they can do because they have no access to whatever the system, and asked me to call another number. Again, I told her it’s not my problem, I made the reservation weeks in advance directly and have confirmation paper with me, why can’t they connect me to whoever directly instead of me making all the phone calls and repeating the issue?! She told me something about the system that they just can’t transfer me directly. Out of anger, tiredness, and frustration I began to raise my voice then she said maybe she can call the property management at Motel 6 #1251 and find out what the issue was. So she called them, and found that my reservation got cancelled shortly after it was confirmed due to overbooking, it was the computer that automatically cancelled my reservation!!!

The reservation center personnel offered to put me in another Motel 6 cross the bridge, I refused because it was in the totally opposite direction, the horrible traffic would add 2 hours extra traffic time to my planned schedule. The worst part in all of this was that, they had no decency to even send me a cancellation notification through text, phone or email, so I could make other arrangement!!?? Regardless how I expressed my frustration or asked them “How would you feel and deal with this if this happens to you??!!” Their standard bureaucratic response was, “I am sorry, but you can call reservation center...!”

Apparently Motel 6 was incapable and unwilling to take up responsibility, and doesn’t care about my situation. So my husband and I decided to look for another place to stay. But since it was high demand for lodging due to conferences and late booking, it took us a while to finally find vacancy at Holiday Inn near Fisherman’s Wharf, and it cost $594.91, including $53 overnight parking on the premise. I however did apologize to the front desk receptionist for my attitude, after all, it was the computer that took me off the system, not them!!

I wish this episode ended there, but no... what happened was, with the rather expensive $53 I paid for the Holiday Inn overnight parking (it was in the basement and required hotel card to get in), I found my car window smashed in the morning. Sigh... speechless...! Well, I asked the Holiday Inn front desk personnel, the answer I got was, “We have signs out there.” I guess the signs were something about hotel not responsible for cars or belongings! My question was, with the amount of money they charged for parking, they can’t hire a security? After I shared this incidence with friends both local and visitors, what we heard was, “it’s been a long term issues and city can’t do anything about it, so just DON’T GO TO SAN FRANCISCO ANYMORE!!!”

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

First, I want to say that me and my guests felt our safety has been threatened by the male front desk by putting fear in our hearts by saying he knows our identity and address including kicking us out in the late afternoon so we will not have a place to stay. I was asked by this very rude male front desk for my ID as I check in. I gave my driver’s license and then he asked again for the IDs of my 3 relatives. He was staring at me while I am looking for the co number of my niece as they are parking the car so I can tell them that their IDs are needed.

I told this guy I am contacting them and please wait. I gave the IDs after and he checked but told me I need their passports as they are not from USA but from Australia. I replied on him that he should have made it clear that next time he must be clear so people especially those that are tired from their travel will not get tired more. He said, "I thought they are from USA also because you have a USA ID." I answered that he should not make assumption because he can make mistake and make his guest uncomfortable. He said, "I can kick you out of this hotel if you do talk like that?" I said, "You asked for something I gave you and then you said it wrong" where in fact he should have been cleared on what he requires from their customer.

He said I am ruining his day and, "this is ridiculous." I told him you should not tell that to his customers because he was the first one who is not clear. He said again ok, "I kick you out of the motel." I asked him, "Where is your manager?" and he said manager is not availability and he can kick us out now. I told, "You are not the manager and I will call your corporate if kick us out here." He has not stopped talking and I put my phone focus to record him as he is being very rude and hurtful especially in front of my guests. He told me, "I know your address." He raised his voice again and repeatedly saying he knows me and my address. I asked him, "why you are threatening me." He said, "I can sue you because you are video recording me."

I told him, "I am supposed to video record you because you are maliciously demeaning me and my guests. You are treating us badly because I am with my guests who came from other country." I told, "You should not irrespectfully act like that because San Francisco (especially they are in the heart of the great city) is a tourist city and many tourist comes here" so he should be cleared in asking IDs and Passport for foreigners as he said its Motel 6 rules. The other lady who is a kind one dialed the phone of the manager and the manager appeared. Looks like just woke up with the eyes almost closed.

The manager just seems like not interested in his staff bad behavior saying, "You committed a mistake by trying to video record him," I replied, "He just do not want to stop besmirching us. That’s why I pretend I will record him." Manager not saying anything on his very rude front desk and I asked the manager, "So what are you going to say to your rude staff?" He cannot answer straight and he said finally, "I will talk to him."

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I made a reservation 2 weeks in advance of a wedding. The city was totally booked for an event filled weekend. I was not allowed to check in earlier than 3 pm - same time as the wedding bus was leaving for the venue. I made 3 separate attempts to coordinate that issue with variable answers, the final one, ‘No’. I returned to the motel at 11:30 and yes, they had my reservation but they did not have my room. Well, they had rooms but none had been cleaned. No manager on site, no alternate possibilities, nowhere to go, no answers. I was not the only one. I will never ever attempt to stay in a Motel 6 again. No one I care about will either. I wanted to give zero stars but that is not a choice.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Stayed a week and enjoyed the service and price that I stayed a 2nd week. Had everything I needed. Easy access to free wifi and coffee room. Everything was clean. There was more than enough parking spaces that were wide, cars didn't have to park close to each other.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Motel 6 100 Greshamwood Rd. Richmond Va. Did not have a good experience. The service was very unprofessional and so were their guests. Very rude and one in particular with the license plate ** a small black car. The owner was very disturbing and the management did not response to my complaints. So I will not use this motel nor would I recommend it to no one. They also said that our card had insufficient funds when money was there enough to cover for the payment. Don't come to this motel. Bad service.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I went to the Motel 6 in Southington to spend a weekend with my husband and not break the bank. When I arrived the customer service rep was clueless about the room. And when I asked if there was coffee pots in the room he said no, but never told me that they serve complimentary coffee in the office from 6-10 in the morning. So I got up to the room and laid down for a bit. Then I got up and went to the bathroom then noticed hair all over the floor. So I then bleach the bathroom as I had a new bottle of bleach with me. While I was cleaning the bathroom the tub also had hairs. Next I got in the shower and the tub was so backed up that it filled all the way up to my ankles. Well I got out and went to brush my teeth. Well guess what the sink was backed up as well.

By this time it was late I knew for sure that the guy at the front desk wouldn’t do anything. So I waited until the next day to talk to someone else. So then the girl at the front desk Darnesha was very nice then called the manager. This was the worst experience ever. Not a sorry just, "You can either get refunded for one day or get your room switched". To me this seemed unfair since my stay was ruined. I would have just preferred a full refund as my stay was ruined but I took the new room, only to find out the tub did the same thing. Not to mention in the first room the toilet would not flush. We had to use the plunger each time we used it.

So the manager on duty didn’t seem to care and didn’t apologize. When I spoke to her she claims she did but I was waiting for that and never heard it so when she says she apologized that’s not true. Motel 6 doesn’t seem to care if your experience is bad and will just take advantage of you!!! The room they moved me into had the same issue. The tub backed up so bad that it went to my ankles. So upset about this stay and the fact no one cares to fix it.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Angie, Sharon, and all the staff in the office just rock! The housekeeping crew have been so sweet and the stay is one of the best I have ever had. Those that have had trouble with this property have brought it in their self.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Hello, I recently stayed at Motel 6 in Duluth MN. I checked in on Friday August 17th as I had a wedding to attend on Saturday. Upon entering I noticed that there was a strong odor of cigarette smoke. I mentioned to the front desk that I was not aware that there was smoking allowed, that the odor bothered me and my son, and asked to be as far from the scent as possible. I would have chosen to go to a different hotel if I knew that smoking was permitted as my son has a lung issue and smoke makes him ill. Duluth is so busy in the summer I was lucky to get this room and was forced to stay.

When we entered the room the smell was very minimal, so my son was fine. However, when we opened the bathroom door, the smell was very obvious. My son had to use the bathroom with the door open, or he gagged. Saturday my adult children came up and my family attended a wedding. We came back to the hotel, the smell was much stronger. Too strong. I had to send my son to stay at the hotel in Wisconsin with my other kids as a result. After my son left I stepped outside to walk to the gas station. When I returned the door G was not locked, I just pulled it open. Not secure at all, and I was in room 113 which is next to that door.

I also picked up a used needle and tossed in the dumpster next to the hotel/restaurant. I would have asked to be moved, however I heard the front desk decline a guest as they were booked solid. So I was stuck there. When I checked out Sunday, I voiced my concern to the person at the front desk. She was very rude and made the excuse that if a guest smokes in a room that is non smoking there is nothing they can do. Simply put she did not care that my son got sick. I asked to speak to a manager and she said she was the manager. She refused to accept responsibility for the actions inside of the hotel, and did not even apologize. She said if I didn't like it, I could simply write corporate.

I do not live in Duluth, however when I explained to friends in the city what had happened with the smoke, the door and the syringe, they all expressed that the hotel was known to be the place to purchase heroin. I am both angry and disgusted over this stay. I rarely complain, but in this case it is required. As a professional I believe in feedback, all feedback is useful. My hope is your management team learns from this and does something to clear this up.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

On 8/15/18 at around 1500 hours, I went into the Motel 6, located at 4585 S. Harding St, Indianapolis, In 46217. The receptionist had processed my information and was about to give me a room. One of the work knew me from renting rooms at this establishment on previous occasions, she said my name. The manager proceeded to inform me that she could not rent me a room, because she made a "Deal" with an individual not associated with Motel 6. I asked why, I'm not barred from this establishment? She said, "You are now!"

I asked this individual, dressed in booty-shorts and a Ghetto shirt, who she was and her name? She replied "**". I said, ok. May I have the number to the owner and Corporate? Both requests were denied. I then googled the Corp website and called to complain about this unprofessional behavior. As I was on hold with the representative from Corporate, the Manager ** went into a low-toned tirade: "This is my hotel... You're wasting your time, when will people learn they can't do anything to me because I'll still have a job at the end of the day, you need to stop acting like a little ** and leave, you're so immature, etc..."

Once she concluded her monologue, she called a gentleman name "**" to remove me physically, although I had not shown an ounce of resistance, I simply wanted a Logic explanation for the refusal of service. The gentleman **, proceeded to speak to me harshly, but my low southern responses seemed to abate his belligerent attitude towards me. I went to explain how on Aug. 11, 2018 at 0030 hours, he rented a room (Confirmation No: **, Room 106) ) and allowed me to borrow a wall charger, which I returned to the morning receptionist "**" (who was present). I asked him, did he have any issues with me, to which he replied "no."

Upon this revelation the manager **, called the corporate offices in an attempt to discredit and invalidate my complaint. I've been renting motels since Feb. 1999, I have never had a complaint against me, never damaged anyone's property. I am truly shocked that Motel 6 allows people, in a Professional position to dress in such a manner, that a customer would confuse them with the common help.

Lastly, the way I was spoken to was very disturbing, especially since I only requested a room. The way this Manager spoke to me, let's me know that this is a common practice at this establishment or franchise, as she was so proud to convey to me. I'm really disappointed at Motel 6 and the unutterable amount of unwarranted disrespect aimed at a Business. This particular establishment shows me, that no one is checking up on these Franchises. Where in the Corporate World, does a "Manager" wear Booty-shorts (see their Video cameras) in their Official Capacity and Represent such an entity? This is truly a shock. I'm fairly disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We rented 3 rooms at Motel 6 located at 2377 N expressway in Brownsville. We had to kill a roach in one of the rooms, we had to clean up hair on the sink and bathtub in one of the rooms, beds and furniture are old, one of the lights did not work, there is trash on the parking lot and the stairways and outside wall need clean up. My preference on hotels was Motel 6 for the good experience I had ‘till now.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We checked in after lunch, went to our assigned room and the previous occupants were still there with their belongings. We went back to the front desk and told them and she assigned us another room. When we walked in, there was a hairball on the floor, the bathroom toilet still had urine and feces in it, the bathroom mirror still had toothpaste on it and the bed was made but was all wrinkled from the last occupants because the linens weren't changed and had a smell. I went downstairs and asked for a change of linens and was told they didn't have any. At that point, we went checked out and went to the hotel next door. This was the most poorly kept room I have ever seen. Obviously housekeeping didn't clean the room and felt it would be fit for the next person. We were very dissatisfied especially since we drove from another state and will never stay here or at another Motel 6 ever again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Motel 6 Oceanview - This motel was so dirty. There was wet urine on the carpet and the bathtub was full of pubic hairs. There were prostitutes outside and in next room. The parking lot was littered with broken glass and drug paraphernalia. I asked management 3 times to clean room. They never did. Our family could not stay here. They refused to refund us our money.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I have stayed here several times over the years for family reunions. Each year it gets worse! The floors are not vacuumed. The furniture is filthy. The walkways have the same outdoor carpet for the past 20 years. No refrigerator in the room. No towels. The key had to be reprogrammed four times. I’m worried to death about bedbugs. The Desk clerk is a very nice young lady with full responsibility of a full facility and no one to help her! It is definitely not her fault. It is the fault of extremely poor management.This place is absolutely appalling. I am referring to the Motel 6 East in Centralia Washington.

Original review: July 26, 2018

The Motel 6 in Kalama, WA looks reasonably well-kept from the outside, but it belies what the rooms are like. My room had a queen-sized bed which was ok except for a pillow which looked like someone had been lying on it before I got there. The two chairs had fabric seats were very dirty; there were small dried globs of something on the one by the table. Furniture holes were emitting wood dust. No carpeting--had been replaced by wood-look vinyl? floor covering which I prefer anyway. Had a decent small refrigerator and microwave. Worn painted steel sink was missing cap on the cold faucet where whiskers and grime were left from a previous occupant. Separate sink from the bath which is nice. AC unit blew warm air. Since it had been around 100 deg F. that day, the room air needed cooling.

Leaving the door open only did a little. Calling down to the office revealed that none of the air conditioners worked. Rough night of trying to sleep in the heat. Shower and tub both, but the faucet did not close off the tub supply when the shower head supplied water. Adequate number of electrical outlets, but they were too loose to hold the plugs in them. Thin walls. Picture windows seemed relatively new, but did not fit well enough to lock. Expressway traffic was loud, but not unbearable. Coffee was gone and not refilled in the office lobby the next morning. Try a different motel until they fix this one's problems. (I am staying at another one in OR which is much more kept up and clean with a functional AC.)

Original review: July 25, 2018

Motel 6 Fresno Yosemite Gateway is one of the worst motels around. We get to the room, no tissues or shampoo, one wash rag for two people! Called manager. Told they don't supply shampoo or tissues! On way up in elevator we felt like we were in a volcano. It was so hot! Following a trail of cigarette butts to

the room we made it. Bathroom had half a mirror, faucet controls were backward, noticed the shoddy what they call remodeling work. After a unpleasant noisy night with the crappy a/c unit (probably intended to be noisy to drown out the traffic, horns, sirens, homeless yelling in parking lot). I went to car to place bag in and found a very dirty construction area next to my car and what appeared to be hookers in parking lot hanging around! We bolted from the dump as soon as we could! My wife said they should call this place Motel 0!

Original review: July 21, 2018

I wish I didn't have to even give this place a star. You call to the main number and put a complaint in and they tell you that the manager will call you back and nobody called you back. They lie to you from day one. Don't stay at Motel 6. Worst place to stay at.

Original review: July 18, 2018

The Motel 6 in Sullivan Mo was my worst experience staying anywhere. After our visit at this hotel 2 of my children had 3 large adult head lice. No eggs just the adults. I called and talked to the reservation lines and the lady seem to care. From there I received an email from the owner asking me to call. I call him. He States to me that he had a pest control company come out and there were no lice to be seen and that if I had found any on my kids there would be an infestion in that room. Which is not how lice work. But ok whatever. Then he tells me that they USUALLY wash the sheets between customers. I just can't imagine you would not wash them Every time. All in all this one night cost me 70.00 for the room and 50.00 for lice treatments.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I am writing this with the hope of preventing someone else from going through what we went through on our stay at Motel 6 in Branford, CT. My daughter (30), our Pug and I checked into the Motel 6 really not knowing how long our stay would be as we were waiting for plans to be complete to move to Florida. Upon check-in, we were put into a room that was not very clean, smelled bad, had no working phone and was infested with tiny fruit flies. The next morning we asked to be moved to another room and was told we could move next door. So, with no help from anyone, we moved our things. Mid afternoon, the toilet started to overflow and within 10 minutes the bathroom and the entire unit was filled with about 2 inches of water!!! Our dog thought it was great, but I was livid!!!

Again we were told we could move next door. And again with no offer of help, I moved our wet belongings as fast as I could. Nobody came to see what was going on or to even turn off the water so that the flooding would stop!!! That room stayed flooded for the next two days as no one even took a wet vac to remove the water so that mold would not eventually form!!! The situation just got continually worse every single day. The housekeepers Deb and Shirley are the absolute rudest women I have ever met and do not deserve to be in the service business!!! They stand in the hallway, like guard dogs, and instead of doing their jobs, they harassed the guests for whatever reason.

The Branford police are there at least once a day, and this place is not in a high crime area!!! There is absolutely NO security to the building. Anyone can get into the building at any time...the doors do not lock...or are not locked!!! I overheard another guest saying that a man had been roaming the hallways the night before, but wasn't bothering anyone. The front desk went to check a guest into a room that already had someone staying in it...unbeknownst to the staff!!!

After a week or so and having spoken to some of the other guests, I became suspicious that someone other than my daughter and myself was entering the room. I rarely leave the room except to take the dog out. Sure enough, upon re-entering the building with my dog I turned the corner just in time to see Shirley coming out of my room!! I NEVER has housekeeping do my room... I cleaned it and changed the sheets on my own. So there was NO reason for her to be in there. When confronted, she said she was just checking to make sure we didn't need anything!! I told her she was lying and if I ever saw that happening again, there would be big trouble. Other guests have told me that things have been missing from their rooms and they have seen her coming out of it!!

A few weeks before we checked in, a car ran into the side of the Motel 6 building, causing quite a bit a damage and they had it boarded up and cordoned off. The damaged room was, of course, right next door to our room!! About 10 days into our stay, the front desk informed me that they would be doing work in that room and there would be a lot of noise for a few days. And they just weren't kidding. It was so loud, I couldn't even hear the tv. When I asked the front desk if we could move (again!!!), they said there were no more rooms and it wouldn't be for long. I knew that was not true, there were plenty of rooms available, but it was more the unprofessional and uncaring manner in which it was said! By this time I had just about had it with all these so employees, who are there to make the guests' stay enjoyable.

The Motel does not offer any kind of a breakfast...just coffee from 8am to 10am. You would think that would be a fairly simple task to perform. But, on more than one occasion, I went to get coffee in the main office area, and it was empty!!! When I asked if anyone was going to make more coffee, I was told, "No...no sense I'm making a whole pot for only one or two people!!!"

And to wind things up, today (Friday), I received a phone call from the front desk saying that because it was past 12:30pm and I hadn't paid for tonight yet, that I was being thrown out and has one half hour to leave!!! I was beyond angry!!! I NEVER leave my room, I am very aware of what is going on (having been the Manager of a resort hotel in Fort Lauderdale, FL a few years ago) and don't cause anyone any problems...unless they ask for it!!! I told her I wanted to speak to the manager (who only shows up for about an hour four times a week). He got on the phone and began screaming at me about having unsavory people in my room and letting my dog pee on the sidewalk. I am 70 years old and not really the type to have "unsavory" company...nor is my daughter.

When I tried to explain to the manager that he must have me mixed up with someone else, he hung up on me! I could go on and on, but those are the main complaints I have about this Motel 6. I certainly hope others heed my warning and avoid staying there. Unprofessional, rude, dirty, unsavory employees from the top on down and all in all A VERY BAD PLACE TO STAY!!!

Original review: June 20, 2018

We booked a room with Motel 6 in Enterprise Alabama. The most disgusting experience we've ever had. Room smelled of urine and other foul odors. Stained carpets throughout, most disturbing were the ones caused by the toilet having overflowed and no carpet shampooing. Someone's old soap sludge in the soap dispenser in shower, which provided an adhesive for pubic hairs of prior residents. Mystery brown splatters all over shower walls. Washrags, curtains, bedspread and pillows under the case stained or unwashed. Headboard of one bed had boogers dried on it as well as shower and shower curtain. Dried fecal matter inside of the toilet and on hinges of seat. Thick brown crud all around bathroom baseboards. The microwave looked as if it had never been cleaned. We were also expected to share the room with roaches and flies.

It was late when we arrived exhausted from a long day of traveling and the front desk was happy enough to check us in but when we promptly tried to check out, no one answered the phone or the night bell until 9 am the following morning. When they finally answered, we were met by a man in his red plaid pj pants and a mint green polo he had clearly slept in, with food stains all down the front of it. We asked for a refund and were told we had to go online and do it. I argued that we didn't pay online. We paid here. I came to the realization that the only English he spoke was, "GO ONLINE".

10 minutes after driving away, my bank sends a text letting me know that Motel 6 took not one but three nights out of my account. I called the same motel and was told, yet again, to go online and request a refund. I called customer care instead, in the lobby. Customer service had them refund the whole amount but that too was a nightmare. It took THREE CALLS! And not one of them cared about the experience, in fact I felt like an imposition and they had much better things to do. Not one apology, just huffs and puffs and what felt like eye rolling. I'm just happy for the refund. Moral of the story, stay anywhere else, even if it's your car!

Original review: June 19, 2018

The Motel 6 at 812 Dunn Avenue, Jacksonville, Florida is the worst place that you could stay! The staff is very rude and do not speak basic English. The hotel is crawling with prostitutes and drug dealers. They have long term residents that have caused a roach infestation in the building! A lot of times when you rent a room you find the beds unmade, the TV on and no toilet paper in the rooms. The last time I stayed I spoke to the manager about the situation and the manager put me on a no rent list! I only stayed there because it was convenient for work... but never again!

Motel 6 Company Information