Motel 6

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My room was burglarized and police were called. There was no forced entry. A week has gone by and the manager/owner has yet to turn over surveillance footage and the key card data. Management has reviewed the video and are aware a master key was used. I have not had any contact with management. 1 staff member has been excellent, she did apologize. I feel this motel should have turned over this vital information to police immediately. In my opinion they are acting shady. This motel should have taken this situation more seriously. I'm so upset and feel violated by this thief and this motel. I feel this motel has not treated me with respect.

I always book a room here. This time was by far the worst. I started off in Room 220. Used the restroom, flushed the toilet and water started coming from nowhere. But before that there was roaches on the floor that were moving so I went to the front desk and asked for my room to be changed and it was changed to Room 218. That room was fine until I seen something really red and small crawling on my pillow not once but twice. Got up, pulled the cover back and their was a damn bedbug crawling in the bed. I went to the front desk and said I was upset. I had my proof.

The lady that was at the front desk said all she can do is change my room for right now. I paid for a king size bed then I was transferred to a double bedroom. I was told I couldn't get a refund until the exterminator checked the room out. Then I said "since you can't refund me can you comp me another night's stay." I was given the same answer. I'm so upset. Will not be booking rooms here anymore.

I checked in after a hospital stay and was quite upset. The desk clerk was completely professional, courteous and genuinely friendly. He was a gem! From the cleaning crew, housekeeping, grounds, all were wonderful. This is an active area, staff is hoping, all with smiles. I am enjoying my stay very much. My original booking thru Hotels.com then I extended my stay through the Motel 6.

I like Motel 6 reliability and consistent cleanliness. I stayed at Motel 6's when visiting family as I traveled up and down I-5. You don't have to haggle with the front desk over prices. I hate that every person gets a different price like a used car lot at so many other motels. There is a sense of honesty, and cleanliness. The slightest thing not right and so quickly they make things right. Like when German fixed my heater in minutes and it's been cold. Thank you Motel 6.

I came in to check in motel and noticed clerk had lobby full. Seem to have an incident with one of the guest she was handling. I saw she was just under a huge amount of stress that was going on all at once. It was finally my turn and I asked the clerk, "Hon, what is your name?" She told me Tina, and says, "Is something wrong that I might be able to help you with?" I said, "Oh no. Just admiring the fact that through all the commotion and lobby full with people you remained calm and helpful and kept a smile on your face through it all."

She says, "Well I love people and understand that we all tend to have some not so good days, and I always try to stay friendly and helpful even when someone is giving me a hard time because not knowing what they have been through going through." So I just felt the need to share that with those who have had a not so good experience at a motel, hotel. They still have good, friendly and smiling employees. Thank you Tina! Job well done!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motel 6?

I made a reservation on Motel 6 which the online registration messed up. When submitted the reservation date swapped to the same the date I made the reservation not the day I wanted to stay. So when I got my confirmation the date of booking was passed. Then I tried to get the issue corrected and they were not helpful and kept my money. Basically stole $100 from me. This was beyond inappropriate.

To start the employees were rude. The room was horrendous. The air vent in the ceiling was so caked with dirt and rusted and corroded. There were yellow stains running down the walls. The carpet was so dirty we wouldn't take our shoes off. The maid carts rolled by like every 15 minutes, but they certainly didn't do much cleaning. The bedding and the carpet had burn holes, even though we were informed that we would be arrested if we even smoked within 8 feet of the building. Railings were ready to fall off and the concrete stairs were crumbling.

It was so bad I wouldn't even bring my dogs there. I think they cater to the local prostitutes, certainly not the average travelers. The jail that is on the A&E show sixty days in is only 2 miles away. I think the jail would have better accommodations. Very unsavory people hanging around and working there, didn't feel safe. Thanks to Brian at Zee's automotive for getting our truck fixed so quickly and we were able to get back on the road and we didn't have to stay the night in that hell hole.

The first day I came in to check in the lady in the front desk was on her phone cursing and totally ignoring me. She was the older ** woman. She checked me in quick as possible. Didn't direct me to where my room was. Was very rude the whole time. I was on the phone as I get to my room. I opened the door and the first thing I saw were roaches. The second day I go to the front office to let them know how was my day. They told me to come back and speak to the manager. I went back around 9 a.m. Spoke to the manager Danielle. Very sarcastic. She sounded like she was being sarcastic and her in her The Voice I was moved to another room. As I'm walking around the corner to the back office the house cleaning staff were all outside. One of the housekeepers was a male and he was dancing shaking his butt and cursing and so were all the other stuff laughing and thinking it's funny. I had a very bad experience here.

A few hours later I hear one of the guests stating that she has been here for 2 months with her kids and her kids wanted to decorate their window with Christmas things and the manager Danielle told her she needed to take them down. So then she asked if she can put a little tiny Christmas tree in her room for kids to the fact that she was going to be for Christmas and was told no. If she's been here for that amount of time I would think it would only be fair for her to be able to put up a Christmas tree for her kids and her room even if it's just a tiny one. The girl was not rude at all. Danielle was very rude and no sympathy towards this guest.

I then went back to my room and ask housekeeping for towels. They told me I had to go to the laundry when I get my own house. As I'm walking towards the laundry I see all the housekeepers outside over there by the laundry room smoking those periods. Meanwhile no one was able to give me notice. I had to wait till 4 o'clock in the afternoon to be able to go get towels in the front office. Later on that night the parking lot was full of police and people were just walking around the property yelling and screaming. One lady had about 9:10 people in her room. Was not able to sleep at all. No one in the front office cared. I spoke to Jeremy to let him know what was going on and he said he would take care of it rolling his eyes then started to complain about always having to take care of everyone else's job I'm very dissatisfied with this property. I will never be staying here again. I hope they switch it up and get better management and staff workers.

The Motel 6 in Fairfield, CA was horrible. The bedspread was soiled, not to mention the thread bare sheets. The pillows were flat and cases dirty. They refused my AARP card, then asked me if I wanted a 10% discount. I took the 2 hour drive home instead.

Rude customer service and horrid rooms. I reserved rooms 4 times the last 2 weeks in Nov. 2016. I live local and use hotels while I travel for my business with my dog in tow. Every stay has had issues. The first stay at the Dania beach Fl. location, I entered the office, I caught myself from slipping from the water on the floor inside the door. They were pressure cleaning. I mentioned they needed a mat or something to the man at the desk, he said they were bringing a mat, as he rolled his eyes. I would be coming back to get ice and didn't want to be slipping on water again. It took forever to check in as he was busy flirting and playing and chatting with his co workers. No directions to my room or anything, ignored as it seemed to take 3 people to accomplish 1 task, I had to come back for wifi. I was not told you have to tell them you want it and pay extra.

Again I come back for other issues, no mat ever came and I watched a little 3 yr old girl hit with the pressure wash water going to the office. The room stunk badly, I turned on the bath fan, opened the room door, the sheets gave me a rash in 1 room, sheets felt wet and clammy, a spider had already started a web from the wall to my luggage. The smell of mold and toilet was overwhelming, the shower was greasy dirty. AC circuit blew shortly after check in. Walking in my socks, they were black with dirt. Squiggly hairs, regular hair and on several towels, eyelashes and hair on pillows and in sheets, and stains on the blankets. The last room I quickly checked out of due to absolutely no blankets on the bed, hairs on most of the towels, eye makeup, lipstick and a stain. The wifi would not work.

The man Leroy at the desk berated me about no blankets available and the wifi, refused to tell me what I needed to bring to the office to fix the wifi? I was told to call tech support myself. I finally checked out at 8:30 at night. Uncalled for and unacceptable. I had 1 okay room out of the 4, I was just careful what I touched. Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 if this number still works. Will be getting a call from a very sad disappointed customer looking for an apology and a refund. It's now 10:30 pm. of this last experience, finishing this review of frustration with this staff at the Dania location.

In planning for a trip to Albany, Oregon, I made an online reservation for a 1-day stay. Upon arrival, the office could not find my reservation. When I presented the confirmation email to the person at the desk, they quickly noticed the phone number was to the Motel 6 in Albany, NY. The individual at the desk stated this has happened to many other customers. After hearing about this same thing happening to other customers and knowing that I am very careful about checking the information on my reservations prior to confirming, it leads me to believe that there may either be a system glitch or something very unethical happening.

When I called to try and straighten it out, they refused to accommodate, citing the cancellation policy over and over again. It was cold and pouring rain that day and we had nowhere else to stay or the funds to pay twice. After explaining my situation to the Customer Service Rep, my request was refused. I'm wondering if someone can look into this situation. Also, how many other customers either paid twice, or had to do without shelter due to Motel 6 refusal to help the customer make the switch from one location to another without penalty?

I'm absolutely disgusted and appalled!! My sister and I went for a trip up to Portland and we stayed at the Motel 6 on SE Powell. After my first night there I noticed some bites on my hand and arm but had never had bed bugs so I didn't think much of it. On our second night I noticed swelling then on our third night I woke up completely covered from neck to toes with bites. After looking online I found that the bites were consistent with bed bug bites.

After telling the office and showing them the bites, they "had an inspector come" and check the room and claimed they found nothing so would not return my money. I can't believe I'm being called a liar. It's the most painful thing my skin has ever been through and they're telling me it didn't happen and refuse to give my money back. We also took pictures of the most disgusting and infested mattress I've ever seen which they had out next to their garbage. At this point all I want is my money back but I will not stop until this is rectified. Receipt number: **.

The stay was alright but there roaches and rats. The manager is something else. He made my family get out and had the nerve to tell me he did not need a reason to put them out. If you're going to do your job do it right. Just because of NASCAR he let them smoke and drink at the pool area disregarding the rules posted. I say get a new manager or close it.

The last Motel 6 (in the Sacramento area) that was halfway clean and halfway quiet was on Halyard Drive in West Sacramento. I'm done with it now!!! This Motel 6 was the last one in the Sac area to allow you to back up to your room. I have bikes and equipment in my truck that I would rather not haul out of my truck and into the room. So it's nice to be able to hear anyone that is trying to get into my truck. BUT NOW, that admin says you CANNOT back up. Not only that... but NOW if you have guests... like your mom, sister and brother that wants to visit you in your room... THEY have to pay money to park in the Motel 6 parking lot.

They might leave the light on, but not the Wi-Fi. I was astounded to find out there is a $2.99 per day charge for Wi-Fi. In this day and age, when I can go to a wide variety of businesses, and sit in their parking lots without buying anything and use free Wi-Fi, Motel 6 has the unmitigated gall and audacity to charge extra when the customer is already paying for lodging. After all the additions, they are no longer the best value in lodging.

I booked a room for 2 nights and was charged for the night I placed the booking order. When I called the person said I reserved the room for that night and the other 2 nights. I wasn't and I am still not in the state. When I told the person that there was some sort of mistake she said she didn't know what to tell because I did make that reservation. I DID NOT! I DID HOWEVER RESERVE A ROOM FOR 2 OTHER NIGHTS! I did not stay there and I wasn't in the state how can they get away with stealing people's money?

When you work for someone that allow co-worker to threaten or bully other employees then the Gen is showing favorite to this behavior. They also allow young girls to be pimped out of the hotel. I work at Motel 6. You can dress it up but it is still a lie.

I stayed at Thai Motel 6 due to it being the closest to my out hardship of the passing of my two sisters. I had extended my reservation that was at a rate of $53.00 per night but found when it was charged it had been way higher than that by over $20.00. When I asked the young lady at the front desk she explained that the rates change on their own. I was confused because it was not a new reservation but just an added night. The manager rudely interrupted our peaceful conversation and rudely stated "if you don't like it you can leave". I stated "What? The room had already been paid for. What are you talking about?" She then replied "I'm calling the police." I then replied "Ok call the police. I have nothing to hide."

She had horrible manners. In fact is a complete liar. I said I would be waiting for the police... and called corporate customer care, put her on speaker. They made a formal complaint #**. The manager stated I made a huge scene in front of other guests. There was no one in the office and I never raised my voice. She also stated she placed me on a do not rent list. Her incompetent manner was unmerited. At no point was I ever nasty or any of what she stated. I requested in my formal complaint that the video be reviewed to show her manner. THIS WAS DISCRIMINATION AND COMPLETE HARASSMENT AND I'M SEEKING LEGAL ACTION. Her actions not only upset my family but caused unnecessary stress during our loss.

I made reservations for 2 rooms for Oct. 21-23. or arrival the amount was higher than I was told on the phone not much but it's the principal & if they do this to everyone they can make a lot of extra money. The room was not very clean when I pulled back the covers there was a long black hair. Our room was not cleaned the next day. We will never stay there again.

I normally choose Motel 6 for a couple reasons. The price and they allow dogs no extra charge. So when my husband asked me to find a room near Donaldsonville, I started my hunt for a room. Since the flooding in Louisiana, many people were out of a home. FEMA was taking over and placing the families in any motel they could find available. Long story short, the closest town with an available room was Thibodaux, LA. I noticed a motel that had just switched from Quality Inn & Suites, to Motel 6. The price was reasonable, so I reserved a room for a week. My husband was not thrilled about the hour long drive from the motel to work he was going to have to make daily, but it would have to do. Originally the price was going to be $434. I used my credit card to reserve the room. So that Monday morning we made the 4.5 hour drive from TX to LA. I was unsure about if they would let me check in.

But the lady didn't seem to be worried about the fact that I was 6 hours early for check in. I was happy about that. Then she told me that it was already paid for and handed me my key and rushed me out the door. I found that very odd, since my card did not have nearly enough money to cover the room charges. I was not ready to argue it at 5 am. So I started unloading my things from the truck. When I opened the door to our room, I was very surprised. It was very big. At that point I had no complaints. It was a downstairs room that had a large pool right outside when you opened the door. Sounds great... right? No. The fact that the lady who checked me in, said it was paid for already, worried me. I didn't have that much money on my card and really didn't want to deal with the overdraft fees. So I hopped online and checked my transactions. No charge.

So the next morning I tracked down the manager and asked to speak with her. She pulled me into her office (I can hardly call it an office) and had me explain what had happened. I barely got through the first 2 words when some girl comes walking in. She was introduced as the manager’s assistant. I'm not one to judge, but you do not wear heals, tank top, short shorts, hair bigger than an 80s rock band, and a nose ring to work unless you are working at a bar. It was completely inappropriate. Not to mention her boyfriend was only feet behind her. I ignored the situation, and tried to continue resolving the issue. I think I got 5 words out before again I was interrupted by the manager who started rambling on about... honestly she spoke so fast I couldn't understand what she was saying. At that point I knew I was getting nowhere fast. So I let her know my husband would be in at about 7 pm from work.

At that point I would come back to the lobby and pay the balance. Again she rambled on about nonrelated crap. I also let her know I would like to only be charged the weekly rate since I knew they had one. She said “Fine, but I have to charge you for another night since check-in is at 3 pm, not 5 am.” I said fine and left. True to my word, at 7 pm I was back in the lobby ready to pay for the room. The price had dropped from $434 to $316.26. It’s only day 4 out of 7.

For the past 3 mornings, I've had to listen to the maids argue loudly outside the room. I've heard many guests complain that things are missing or the maids didn't even knock before entering their room. I even heard one maid holler across the hall that she had looked through the peephole into the room and saw no one was inside, so they could go in. I was horrified. Never again will I book my stay here at this Motel 6. They need to get a grip on their employees or just fire them and get new ones. They are giving Motel 6 a very bad reputation. Especially for being newly opened. Never again. MOTEL 6 YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK INTO THIS.

160 E Calle Primera, San Ysidro, 92173, CA. Was the worst experience I ever had. I drive from Vegas to San Diego come tired. And the girl in the reception was rude and take her too long to give me the room. Me, my sister and her son. Was near her and she gave me the room key and a parking permit and she also said that she put the information of my car in the computer "so you good to park anywhere you want." So I park my car for one night and then I go to SeaWorld then I back and night after they tow my car. When I asked what happened to my car. They been lie to me and been really rude to me. And told me "Oh it's your problem. You should put a permit in the front of your car." And I told them "What??? Nobody explained me that." So I spend half day to get the car back and paid 400$ for the tow. And it wasn't the end of this nightmare.

I told her "it was your fault." So first she said "I will check my camera and if I see that the mistake is ours I pay you back all the money of the tow." One more day pass she said she watched it and there is no sound in the security camera so she can't tell if her employee did or did not explain how the parking work. And she told me later she will make it cheaper so later I paid to tow truck 189$ but still I'm not supposed to pair it. In the end she gave me voucher to stay in any Motel 6 for one night no matter the price. I'm not happy with this Motel 6 stuff, its rude service, bad and wifi not free. I don't recommend to anyone to use this motel.

Fire Code Violations, Health Code Violations, Building Code Violations, electrical arcing in the wall, roaches, bird crap everywhere. I am a retired City Inspector. Motel 6 Corporation needs to pull the logo off of this building. I have contacted Motel 6 HQ with our concerns, I am not going to list the specifics about our stay! If you want to find out what we did, just book a stay. If you don't care about "Life Safety", go ahead. Halloween is once a year, that might be a good time.

When I got to the hotel, my queen size bed turned into a double bed. The light above the sink had no light and to make things worse you couldn't call to complain because the phone in the room was not working... I went back to the office. They wanted me to pay for an upgraded room... The next day I went back to see when I can get someone to see about the problems... By 1p.m my boyfriend went down and was told that they told me someone had to be in the room... They couldn't come in unless someone was there... Needless to say I had appts but when I got back they had come in to clean the room... I wasn't there then and still no one fix the issues of my room... When I checked out it was still not handled... The only Motel 6 I will stay at again will be in Destin... Y'all could learn from them!!!

I had been assaulted and my car was stolen in the parking lot of Motel 6. Bruised and shaken I came inside the Motel 6 lobby on Edes in East Oakland near freeway. I ask if someone could call 911 for me or can I use their phone to call 911. I was told by Allison who is guest services manager there, that I needed to leave the building. If I didn't have a room there I would need to leave. I asked her if I could just use the phone to call 911. She told me no and that I would need to get out and use the phone outside. She was very rude and unhelpful. I would never use or recommend anyone to stay there.

I stayed at the Motel 6 in Springfield, OH #4862 on 10/07/2016 to 10/08/2016. I was driving on I-70 at night and was getting tired and needed a place to stay. I remembered Motel 6 being a fair priced place from many years ago and decided to stay at this one. Wow, have things changed! When I entered my room, the air was very stagnant. When I pulled the bed sheets and cover back on the bed, there was grit and dirt on the sheets. I couldn't believe it! I immediately pulled back the sheets and cover on the 2nd bed and saw that it appeared to be OK. I went to turn on the A/C and saw that the wall was decaying and moldy around it. I was too tired to complain about it at this time.

When I woke up the next morning, I went to take a shower and found that there were no wash cloths available. I had to use a hand towel as a wash cloth. There was no shampoo available... only hand soap. When I checked out, I complained about the dirty bed, the moldy wall, no washcloths, and no shampoo. All that the clerk did was make note of it and said that she was new... she didn't even bother to offer me a discount for the inconvenience and uncleanliness of the room. I've never had this kind of experience at any motel that I have stayed in the past. Needless to say, I will NEVER stay at another Motel 6 when traveling again!

We stayed at Motel 6 in Beaverton, Oregon for a while due to affordability; we paid roughly $65.00 per night. The staff there were dirty a lot of the times, scruffy attire, and definitely not professional or customer service friendly. The horrendous living quarters reflected the lacking employees and owners. We began to notice roaches and there was a lot of smoking within feet, sometimes inches of our room though there were "Smoking not permitted within 30 feet" signs posted in every window of the units. When we complained, we were told no more smokers would be put in next to us but nothing was done about the roaches. The smoking continued and police were summoned. We had to invest in multiple cans of Raid to 'try' and keep the roaches under control. The roach infestation was never tended to so they were everywhere like honey bees on pollen.

We finally took our complaint to Washington County Government where an agent came out once. He witnessed the roaches. He advised us to keep our belongings in plastic tubs, so we put out an extra expense for tubs. Motel 6 did not pay us back or reduce the cost of our room. We checked around the area while awaiting our new apartment to be finished, but Motel 6 was unfortunately the cheapest. Though we switched to the plastic tubs, when we got moved into our new home there have been roaches since December 2015 to present day, October 13, 2016.

When we first complained about the roaches, smoking and horrible staff, one of the owners "Meddle" (this is an Indian name, not as in meddling) became so furious with us that she accosted me yelling, screaming, using most horrific profanity in my face, a disabled woman who was in my wheelchair, in the front of the building publicly. She continued screaming that "So, you want to go online and make a complaint, and complain to the government, you guys are out of there in the morning by check-out time or I will throw you out!!" We already had a scheduled move-out date, and in Oregon a motel/hotel must give you a 30-day notice when you have been there more than two weeks/a month. She did not care just to vent her unprofessional rage and was oblivious to the public witnessing this.

She also made other unfounded accusations, so we were forced to call Motel 6 headquarters and the police where there was no relief, so we had to finally advise her of the law with regard to housing in motel/hotels. It is not like we wanted to stay there, but we had little money left, so we were forced to live in these deplorable, disease-infested conditions for months. When we moved in, the place was so filthy that we had to continue to borrow the bleach and other cleaners to clean off filth from the bathroom and all walls, the refrigerator was so disgusting, the stove was completely gross with caked on goop what seemed from years ago. The door did not close tightly as there were open seams and holes in the door. Anyway, after speaking to headquarters, we stayed only a little while longer and got out of there as soon as our new home was ready.

Now we are dealing with roaches on a daily bases. We do not feel it will do any good to contact Meddle or her father. She always tried to distance herself from being the owner but we were informed by several of the staff that indeed she was not just the daughter, but part owner also. They are not professionals at all and if we had a complaint we became afraid to voice it. Furthermore, the staff would tell us that "Meddle; she is crazy and violent! She scares me!" We felt the same way. The father would walk around at times with a broom seemingly sweeping the premises, but there were roach infestations prior to our moving there as other customers had stayed but never anything done to exterminate them - before or after we began our stay. Beware!

Desk staff rude and nasty, could care less. I came in at 2 pm after having called first, was berated by rude desk clerk who didn't believe me and basically accused me of lying. My room key never worked, 3 times had to be reprogrammed, very strange people, hookers and drugs suspected. Couple having sex next store, shaking the walls down. Staff cannot find a Do Not Disturb sign for my door. AC has thundering, shuddering fan when changing cycles, lukewarm water in shower. The only good thing was housekeeping staff and room and bed linens were clean, that was it. I have stayed at a number of places, this was the worst. Moldy smell when walking in room hit me like a ton of bricks. This place is disgusting.

There are so many things, but I'll start with their lousy lazy workers. The manager's name is Tanya **. I work nights from usually 3pm to 3am. I made sure I paid the room at 3:30am when I got here but noooo, even with the do not disturb sign on the door, Tanya woke me up to go pay... I then went to see what happened and she yelled at me that I didn't pay and when I showed her the receipt, and you think she'd apologize... nope so that's my number one peeve. Then being a friendly person, I talk to the house cleaners... they don't even change the two top blankets, only the white linens! They also charge you 2.99 per day for wifi, and that's slow speed. There are beyond enough drunks and druggies here to deal with also. My rooms ac was out, for 2 days! So basically this hotel sucks, don't stay here!!!

Front desk was always attentive to needs. Motel 6 tends to be cheaper than most hotels and motels. Very sparsely furnished room with no carpet. With AARP discount, WiFi was free. My room was on the second floor facing the pool. It was quiet but friends who were on the ground floor near the office were up all night because of noise, talking, and engines being revved.

The room was good size but reeked of bug spray. My husband got sick because of it. I woke up with a really bad headache. I assume it was from inhaling the fumes. When I went to take a shower and grabbed a towel and a huge roach crawled out from underneath. Also here was a smashed roach on the trim around the bathroom door. The shower head itself did not work so decided to take a bath but couldn't because there was no plug for the drain.

Motel 6 Company Profile