1.48/5

696 Motel 6 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

First, I want to say that me and my guests felt our safety has been threatened by the male front desk by putting fear in our hearts by saying he knows our identity and address including kicking us out in the late afternoon so we will not have a place to stay. I was asked by this very rude male front desk for my ID as I check in. I gave my driver’s license and then he asked again for the IDs of my 3 relatives. He was staring at me while I am looking for the co number of my niece as they are parking the car so I can tell them that their IDs are needed.

I told this guy I am contacting them and please wait. I gave the IDs after and he checked but told me I need their passports as they are not from USA but from Australia. I replied on him that he should have made it clear that next time he must be clear so people especially those that are tired from their travel will not get tired more. He said, "I thought they are from USA also because you have a USA ID." I answered that he should not make assumption because he can make mistake and make his guest uncomfortable. He said, "I can kick you out of this hotel if you do talk like that?" I said, "You asked for something I gave you and then you said it wrong" where in fact he should have been cleared on what he requires from their customer.

He said I am ruining his day and, "this is ridiculous." I told him you should not tell that to his customers because he was the first one who is not clear. He said again ok, "I kick you out of the motel." I asked him, "Where is your manager?" and he said manager is not availability and he can kick us out now. I told, "You are not the manager and I will call your corporate if kick us out here." He has not stopped talking and I put my phone focus to record him as he is being very rude and hurtful especially in front of my guests. He told me, "I know your address." He raised his voice again and repeatedly saying he knows me and my address. I asked him, "why you are threatening me." He said, "I can sue you because you are video recording me."

I told him, "I am supposed to video record you because you are maliciously demeaning me and my guests. You are treating us badly because I am with my guests who came from other country." I told, "You should not irrespectfully act like that because San Francisco (especially they are in the heart of the great city) is a tourist city and many tourist comes here" so he should be cleared in asking IDs and Passport for foreigners as he said its Motel 6 rules. The other lady who is a kind one dialed the phone of the manager and the manager appeared. Looks like just woke up with the eyes almost closed.

The manager just seems like not interested in his staff bad behavior saying, "You committed a mistake by trying to video record him," I replied, "He just do not want to stop besmirching us. That’s why I pretend I will record him." Manager not saying anything on his very rude front desk and I asked the manager, "So what are you going to say to your rude staff?" He cannot answer straight and he said finally, "I will talk to him."

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I made a reservation 2 weeks in advance of a wedding. The city was totally booked for an event filled weekend. I was not allowed to check in earlier than 3 pm - same time as the wedding bus was leaving for the venue. I made 3 separate attempts to coordinate that issue with variable answers, the final one, ‘No’. I returned to the motel at 11:30 and yes, they had my reservation but they did not have my room. Well, they had rooms but none had been cleaned. No manager on site, no alternate possibilities, nowhere to go, no answers. I was not the only one. I will never ever attempt to stay in a Motel 6 again. No one I care about will either. I wanted to give zero stars but that is not a choice.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Stayed a week and enjoyed the service and price that I stayed a 2nd week. Had everything I needed. Easy access to free wifi and coffee room. Everything was clean. There was more than enough parking spaces that were wide, cars didn't have to park close to each other.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Motel 6 100 Greshamwood Rd. Richmond Va. Did not have a good experience. The service was very unprofessional and so were their guests. Very rude and one in particular with the license plate ** a small black car. The owner was very disturbing and the management did not response to my complaints. So I will not use this motel nor would I recommend it to no one. They also said that our card had insufficient funds when money was there enough to cover for the payment. Don't come to this motel. Bad service.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I went to the Motel 6 in Southington to spend a weekend with my husband and not break the bank. When I arrived the customer service rep was clueless about the room. And when I asked if there was coffee pots in the room he said no, but never told me that they serve complimentary coffee in the office from 6-10 in the morning. So I got up to the room and laid down for a bit. Then I got up and went to the bathroom then noticed hair all over the floor. So I then bleach the bathroom as I had a new bottle of bleach with me. While I was cleaning the bathroom the tub also had hairs. Next I got in the shower and the tub was so backed up that it filled all the way up to my ankles. Well I got out and went to brush my teeth. Well guess what the sink was backed up as well.

By this time it was late I knew for sure that the guy at the front desk wouldn’t do anything. So I waited until the next day to talk to someone else. So then the girl at the front desk Darnesha was very nice then called the manager. This was the worst experience ever. Not a sorry just, "You can either get refunded for one day or get your room switched". To me this seemed unfair since my stay was ruined. I would have just preferred a full refund as my stay was ruined but I took the new room, only to find out the tub did the same thing. Not to mention in the first room the toilet would not flush. We had to use the plunger each time we used it.

So the manager on duty didn’t seem to care and didn’t apologize. When I spoke to her she claims she did but I was waiting for that and never heard it so when she says she apologized that’s not true. Motel 6 doesn’t seem to care if your experience is bad and will just take advantage of you!!! The room they moved me into had the same issue. The tub backed up so bad that it went to my ankles. So upset about this stay and the fact no one cares to fix it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motel 6?

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Angie, Sharon, and all the staff in the office just rock! The housekeeping crew have been so sweet and the stay is one of the best I have ever had. Those that have had trouble with this property have brought it in their self.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

Hello, I recently stayed at Motel 6 in Duluth MN. I checked in on Friday August 17th as I had a wedding to attend on Saturday. Upon entering I noticed that there was a strong odor of cigarette smoke. I mentioned to the front desk that I was not aware that there was smoking allowed, that the odor bothered me and my son, and asked to be as far from the scent as possible. I would have chosen to go to a different hotel if I knew that smoking was permitted as my son has a lung issue and smoke makes him ill. Duluth is so busy in the summer I was lucky to get this room and was forced to stay.

When we entered the room the smell was very minimal, so my son was fine. However, when we opened the bathroom door, the smell was very obvious. My son had to use the bathroom with the door open, or he gagged. Saturday my adult children came up and my family attended a wedding. We came back to the hotel, the smell was much stronger. Too strong. I had to send my son to stay at the hotel in Wisconsin with my other kids as a result. After my son left I stepped outside to walk to the gas station. When I returned the door G was not locked, I just pulled it open. Not secure at all, and I was in room 113 which is next to that door.

I also picked up a used needle and tossed in the dumpster next to the hotel/restaurant. I would have asked to be moved, however I heard the front desk decline a guest as they were booked solid. So I was stuck there. When I checked out Sunday, I voiced my concern to the person at the front desk. She was very rude and made the excuse that if a guest smokes in a room that is non smoking there is nothing they can do. Simply put she did not care that my son got sick. I asked to speak to a manager and she said she was the manager. She refused to accept responsibility for the actions inside of the hotel, and did not even apologize. She said if I didn't like it, I could simply write corporate.

I do not live in Duluth, however when I explained to friends in the city what had happened with the smoke, the door and the syringe, they all expressed that the hotel was known to be the place to purchase heroin. I am both angry and disgusted over this stay. I rarely complain, but in this case it is required. As a professional I believe in feedback, all feedback is useful. My hope is your management team learns from this and does something to clear this up.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

On 8/15/18 at around 1500 hours, I went into the Motel 6, located at 4585 S. Harding St, Indianapolis, In 46217. The receptionist had processed my information and was about to give me a room. One of the work knew me from renting rooms at this establishment on previous occasions, she said my name. The manager proceeded to inform me that she could not rent me a room, because she made a "Deal" with an individual not associated with Motel 6. I asked why, I'm not barred from this establishment? She said, "You are now!"

I asked this individual, dressed in booty-shorts and a Ghetto shirt, who she was and her name? She replied "**". I said, ok. May I have the number to the owner and Corporate? Both requests were denied. I then googled the Corp website and called to complain about this unprofessional behavior. As I was on hold with the representative from Corporate, the Manager ** went into a low-toned tirade: "This is my hotel... You're wasting your time, when will people learn they can't do anything to me because I'll still have a job at the end of the day, you need to stop acting like a little ** and leave, you're so immature, etc..."

Once she concluded her monologue, she called a gentleman name "**" to remove me physically, although I had not shown an ounce of resistance, I simply wanted a Logic explanation for the refusal of service. The gentleman **, proceeded to speak to me harshly, but my low southern responses seemed to abate his belligerent attitude towards me. I went to explain how on Aug. 11, 2018 at 0030 hours, he rented a room (Confirmation No: **, Room 106) ) and allowed me to borrow a wall charger, which I returned to the morning receptionist "**" (who was present). I asked him, did he have any issues with me, to which he replied "no."

Upon this revelation the manager **, called the corporate offices in an attempt to discredit and invalidate my complaint. I've been renting motels since Feb. 1999, I have never had a complaint against me, never damaged anyone's property. I am truly shocked that Motel 6 allows people, in a Professional position to dress in such a manner, that a customer would confuse them with the common help.

Lastly, the way I was spoken to was very disturbing, especially since I only requested a room. The way this Manager spoke to me, let's me know that this is a common practice at this establishment or franchise, as she was so proud to convey to me. I'm really disappointed at Motel 6 and the unutterable amount of unwarranted disrespect aimed at a Business. This particular establishment shows me, that no one is checking up on these Franchises. Where in the Corporate World, does a "Manager" wear Booty-shorts (see their Video cameras) in their Official Capacity and Represent such an entity? This is truly a shock. I'm fairly disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We rented 3 rooms at Motel 6 located at 2377 N expressway in Brownsville. We had to kill a roach in one of the rooms, we had to clean up hair on the sink and bathtub in one of the rooms, beds and furniture are old, one of the lights did not work, there is trash on the parking lot and the stairways and outside wall need clean up. My preference on hotels was Motel 6 for the good experience I had ‘till now.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We checked in after lunch, went to our assigned room and the previous occupants were still there with their belongings. We went back to the front desk and told them and she assigned us another room. When we walked in, there was a hairball on the floor, the bathroom toilet still had urine and feces in it, the bathroom mirror still had toothpaste on it and the bed was made but was all wrinkled from the last occupants because the linens weren't changed and had a smell. I went downstairs and asked for a change of linens and was told they didn't have any. At that point, we went checked out and went to the hotel next door. This was the most poorly kept room I have ever seen. Obviously housekeeping didn't clean the room and felt it would be fit for the next person. We were very dissatisfied especially since we drove from another state and will never stay here or at another Motel 6 ever again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

Motel 6 Oceanview - This motel was so dirty. There was wet urine on the carpet and the bathtub was full of pubic hairs. There were prostitutes outside and in next room. The parking lot was littered with broken glass and drug paraphernalia. I asked management 3 times to clean room. They never did. Our family could not stay here. They refused to refund us our money.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I have stayed here several times over the years for family reunions. Each year it gets worse! The floors are not vacuumed. The furniture is filthy. The walkways have the same outdoor carpet for the past 20 years. No refrigerator in the room. No towels. The key had to be reprogrammed four times. I’m worried to death about bedbugs. The Desk clerk is a very nice young lady with full responsibility of a full facility and no one to help her! It is definitely not her fault. It is the fault of extremely poor management.This place is absolutely appalling. I am referring to the Motel 6 East in Centralia Washington.

Original review: July 26, 2018

The Motel 6 in Kalama, WA looks reasonably well-kept from the outside, but it belies what the rooms are like. My room had a queen-sized bed which was ok except for a pillow which looked like someone had been lying on it before I got there. The two chairs had fabric seats were very dirty; there were small dried globs of something on the one by the table. Furniture holes were emitting wood dust. No carpeting--had been replaced by wood-look vinyl? floor covering which I prefer anyway. Had a decent small refrigerator and microwave. Worn painted steel sink was missing cap on the cold faucet where whiskers and grime were left from a previous occupant. Separate sink from the bath which is nice. AC unit blew warm air. Since it had been around 100 deg F. that day, the room air needed cooling.

Leaving the door open only did a little. Calling down to the office revealed that none of the air conditioners worked. Rough night of trying to sleep in the heat. Shower and tub both, but the faucet did not close off the tub supply when the shower head supplied water. Adequate number of electrical outlets, but they were too loose to hold the plugs in them. Thin walls. Picture windows seemed relatively new, but did not fit well enough to lock. Expressway traffic was loud, but not unbearable. Coffee was gone and not refilled in the office lobby the next morning. Try a different motel until they fix this one's problems. (I am staying at another one in OR which is much more kept up and clean with a functional AC.)

Original review: July 25, 2018

Motel 6 Fresno Yosemite Gateway is one of the worst motels around. We get to the room, no tissues or shampoo, one wash rag for two people! Called manager. Told they don't supply shampoo or tissues! On way up in elevator we felt like we were in a volcano. It was so hot! Following a trail of cigarette butts to

the room we made it. Bathroom had half a mirror, faucet controls were backward, noticed the shoddy what they call remodeling work. After a unpleasant noisy night with the crappy a/c unit (probably intended to be noisy to drown out the traffic, horns, sirens, homeless yelling in parking lot). I went to car to place bag in and found a very dirty construction area next to my car and what appeared to be hookers in parking lot hanging around! We bolted from the dump as soon as we could! My wife said they should call this place Motel 0!

Original review: July 21, 2018

I wish I didn't have to even give this place a star. You call to the main number and put a complaint in and they tell you that the manager will call you back and nobody called you back. They lie to you from day one. Don't stay at Motel 6. Worst place to stay at.

Original review: July 18, 2018

The Motel 6 in Sullivan Mo was my worst experience staying anywhere. After our visit at this hotel 2 of my children had 3 large adult head lice. No eggs just the adults. I called and talked to the reservation lines and the lady seem to care. From there I received an email from the owner asking me to call. I call him. He States to me that he had a pest control company come out and there were no lice to be seen and that if I had found any on my kids there would be an infestion in that room. Which is not how lice work. But ok whatever. Then he tells me that they USUALLY wash the sheets between customers. I just can't imagine you would not wash them Every time. All in all this one night cost me 70.00 for the room and 50.00 for lice treatments.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I am writing this with the hope of preventing someone else from going through what we went through on our stay at Motel 6 in Branford, CT. My daughter (30), our Pug and I checked into the Motel 6 really not knowing how long our stay would be as we were waiting for plans to be complete to move to Florida. Upon check-in, we were put into a room that was not very clean, smelled bad, had no working phone and was infested with tiny fruit flies. The next morning we asked to be moved to another room and was told we could move next door. So, with no help from anyone, we moved our things. Mid afternoon, the toilet started to overflow and within 10 minutes the bathroom and the entire unit was filled with about 2 inches of water!!! Our dog thought it was great, but I was livid!!!

Again we were told we could move next door. And again with no offer of help, I moved our wet belongings as fast as I could. Nobody came to see what was going on or to even turn off the water so that the flooding would stop!!! That room stayed flooded for the next two days as no one even took a wet vac to remove the water so that mold would not eventually form!!! The situation just got continually worse every single day. The housekeepers Deb and Shirley are the absolute rudest women I have ever met and do not deserve to be in the service business!!! They stand in the hallway, like guard dogs, and instead of doing their jobs, they harassed the guests for whatever reason.

The Branford police are there at least once a day, and this place is not in a high crime area!!! There is absolutely NO security to the building. Anyone can get into the building at any time...the doors do not lock...or are not locked!!! I overheard another guest saying that a man had been roaming the hallways the night before, but wasn't bothering anyone. The front desk went to check a guest into a room that already had someone staying in it...unbeknownst to the staff!!!

After a week or so and having spoken to some of the other guests, I became suspicious that someone other than my daughter and myself was entering the room. I rarely leave the room except to take the dog out. Sure enough, upon re-entering the building with my dog I turned the corner just in time to see Shirley coming out of my room!! I NEVER has housekeeping do my room... I cleaned it and changed the sheets on my own. So there was NO reason for her to be in there. When confronted, she said she was just checking to make sure we didn't need anything!! I told her she was lying and if I ever saw that happening again, there would be big trouble. Other guests have told me that things have been missing from their rooms and they have seen her coming out of it!!

A few weeks before we checked in, a car ran into the side of the Motel 6 building, causing quite a bit a damage and they had it boarded up and cordoned off. The damaged room was, of course, right next door to our room!! About 10 days into our stay, the front desk informed me that they would be doing work in that room and there would be a lot of noise for a few days. And they just weren't kidding. It was so loud, I couldn't even hear the tv. When I asked the front desk if we could move (again!!!), they said there were no more rooms and it wouldn't be for long. I knew that was not true, there were plenty of rooms available, but it was more the unprofessional and uncaring manner in which it was said! By this time I had just about had it with all these so employees, who are there to make the guests' stay enjoyable.

The Motel does not offer any kind of a breakfast...just coffee from 8am to 10am. You would think that would be a fairly simple task to perform. But, on more than one occasion, I went to get coffee in the main office area, and it was empty!!! When I asked if anyone was going to make more coffee, I was told, "No...no sense I'm making a whole pot for only one or two people!!!"

And to wind things up, today (Friday), I received a phone call from the front desk saying that because it was past 12:30pm and I hadn't paid for tonight yet, that I was being thrown out and has one half hour to leave!!! I was beyond angry!!! I NEVER leave my room, I am very aware of what is going on (having been the Manager of a resort hotel in Fort Lauderdale, FL a few years ago) and don't cause anyone any problems...unless they ask for it!!! I told her I wanted to speak to the manager (who only shows up for about an hour four times a week). He got on the phone and began screaming at me about having unsavory people in my room and letting my dog pee on the sidewalk. I am 70 years old and not really the type to have "unsavory" company...nor is my daughter.

When I tried to explain to the manager that he must have me mixed up with someone else, he hung up on me! I could go on and on, but those are the main complaints I have about this Motel 6. I certainly hope others heed my warning and avoid staying there. Unprofessional, rude, dirty, unsavory employees from the top on down and all in all A VERY BAD PLACE TO STAY!!!

Original review: June 20, 2018

We booked a room with Motel 6 in Enterprise Alabama. The most disgusting experience we've ever had. Room smelled of urine and other foul odors. Stained carpets throughout, most disturbing were the ones caused by the toilet having overflowed and no carpet shampooing. Someone's old soap sludge in the soap dispenser in shower, which provided an adhesive for pubic hairs of prior residents. Mystery brown splatters all over shower walls. Washrags, curtains, bedspread and pillows under the case stained or unwashed. Headboard of one bed had boogers dried on it as well as shower and shower curtain. Dried fecal matter inside of the toilet and on hinges of seat. Thick brown crud all around bathroom baseboards. The microwave looked as if it had never been cleaned. We were also expected to share the room with roaches and flies.

It was late when we arrived exhausted from a long day of traveling and the front desk was happy enough to check us in but when we promptly tried to check out, no one answered the phone or the night bell until 9 am the following morning. When they finally answered, we were met by a man in his red plaid pj pants and a mint green polo he had clearly slept in, with food stains all down the front of it. We asked for a refund and were told we had to go online and do it. I argued that we didn't pay online. We paid here. I came to the realization that the only English he spoke was, "GO ONLINE".

10 minutes after driving away, my bank sends a text letting me know that Motel 6 took not one but three nights out of my account. I called the same motel and was told, yet again, to go online and request a refund. I called customer care instead, in the lobby. Customer service had them refund the whole amount but that too was a nightmare. It took THREE CALLS! And not one of them cared about the experience, in fact I felt like an imposition and they had much better things to do. Not one apology, just huffs and puffs and what felt like eye rolling. I'm just happy for the refund. Moral of the story, stay anywhere else, even if it's your car!

Original review: June 19, 2018

The Motel 6 at 812 Dunn Avenue, Jacksonville, Florida is the worst place that you could stay! The staff is very rude and do not speak basic English. The hotel is crawling with prostitutes and drug dealers. They have long term residents that have caused a roach infestation in the building! A lot of times when you rent a room you find the beds unmade, the TV on and no toilet paper in the rooms. The last time I stayed I spoke to the manager about the situation and the manager put me on a no rent list! I only stayed there because it was convenient for work... but never again!

Original review: June 14, 2018

As a HUGE Motel 6 chain, you should be ashamed of yourselves... I’m so embarrassed for you!!! The room we PAID for was absolutely disgusting. After my family and I enjoyed an amazing 4 day stay at Schlitterbahn Waterpark and Resort in New Braunfels, Texas which by the way, is a 5 Star experience, sadly, it was time to head back home to Washington. It was getting late so we decided to stop in Sequin, Texas at a Motel 6 room #217. First off the clerk couldn’t speak a dime of English, so she was unable to provide us with a room rate (let alone tell us about any good restaurants nearby that serve dinner) so we decide to just go for it and stay anyways.

Like I said it was late, so we decide to go next door to Jack In The Box, we ate dinner, then went straight to sleep. Then DUN DUN DUUNNN we woke up to the filthiest motel experience EVER. I’ll let these photos do the talking. Do yourself a favor and grab a barf bag, because you're gonna need it!!! I wanted to capture more photos of the grossness, but I couldn’t stomach another look at it all... I’ll walk you through the photos. Photo #1 This is the top blanket. Huge black dirt spots that are on both blankets. Photo #2 Non Smoking room. Cigarette holes all over the blankets. Photo #3 Middle blankets on both beds had these black chunks of disgusting matter embedded in them. Photo #4 The entire area of hardwood floors are caked with months and months of uncleaned black filth. Photo #5 And who knows what this crap can possibly be... like I said floors have not been cleaned in months. Photo #6... and more disgusting matter.

Original review: June 12, 2018

On June 8th I arrived at the Motel in East Point,Ga on Virginia Ave st approximately 12:15am. There was a line out the door. The receptionist Michelle ** was EXTREMELY rude to me and my other 5 guest that I had with me. She kept making rude comments then overcharged me for one of my rooms in which I had reservations for 3 rooms. She repeatedly asked me which reservation was I paying for and I told her I would pay for one of the King rooms first. She raised her voice and said "That's not what I asked you!" I told her that I want to keep all 3 because of the number of people with me. She was sighing deeply out loud and turning up her nose. When I paid for the 1st room and she asked me for $178 I told her that my room should have been $155.65. She showed me to show her proof, in which I did and she still charged me $178. My sister was paying for another room and her card got declined because we were traveling.

She told her (Michelle) that she had the money and would just get from the ATM, when the ATM transaction declined she laughed and said to her, "But you got it though?" At this point the East Point Police officer got involved because Michelle again, raised her voice. The Police officer asked the other person that had just gotten off work to step in and help because she was being so rude to the customers. When I came in the night of June 9th she was working again, when I came in the lobby, she looked at us, rolled her eyes and turned her head. I stay at this location at least once a month because I am there on business. This is the 1st time I have encountered bad service at this location and this really makes me question if I will stay there again. I checked out on June 10th and spoke with the manager, she did refund me $23. She was very pleasant and try to rectify my problem.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Fantastic Motel 6! It almost restores my respect for this motel chain... Almost! (avoid Motel 6 in Barstow VT and Childress,TX). This motel has a cozy feel- even with the new fake hardwood floors they've put in. It seemed clean, and everything was stocked. The classy lobby even serves coffee, fruit and donuts in the mornings! This is the first Motel 6 I've felt safe in. Most importantly, the check in clerk was welcoming, and didn't hassle me about pets. This motel chain has started to push it's "pet friendly" policy, but unfortunately, like the 7-11's in this country, the trend for this chain is to be bought up by foreign investors, who put foreign clerks in their motels, WHO ARE RUDE, HAVE A LIMITED COMMAND OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE, AND MAKE ISSUES ABOUT PETS! I wish all the Motel 6s would use Natchitoches, LA as their model for how a motel should be run!

Original review: June 10, 2018

June 8, 2018 we checked into the Studio 6 extended stay motel at 4100 W. John Carpenter Irving, TX 75063. The parking lot should have been a clue as to how bad this experience was going to be. Where do I start. I just caught my hand on a rusty nail when I was reaching for the light switch in the bathroom. The door frame is split from someone kicking the door in, causing the nail to pop out. The "beds" are a mattress on a piece of plywood with a base made of 2"x12"s. I decided for some strange reason to see why the pillows on one bed were so different from the 2 on the other. OMG they are pillows left by a previous guest and reused!

Check out the pics...yellow, drool stains and I'm not sure what that is on the label...makeup or blood. I take them to the front desk and tell the guy to look. He says, "I see it." He takes me to the laundry room...no more pillows, have to wait until morning. I'm thoroughly pissed and disgusted. Will be calling the City of Irving first thing Monday to file a health and safety complaint since I cannot find any sort of fire alarm/detector. If I could give 1/2 or no stars I would.

Original review: June 8, 2018

June 7, 2018 at approximately 11:00 p.m. My husband was just refused service at the Motel 6 in Weatherford, Texas, despite having a reservation. When he attempted to check in, the manager, Bob, said, “I am refusing you service. Leave the property.” Additional comments about skin color were made by Bob. I called Bob in an attempt to ascertain vacancy. Bob was rude to me. I admit that I was rude in response. My husband has already driven 500 miles today and still has about 500 more to go TONIGHT, thanks to Bob. He has severe health issues that this will undoubtedly exacerbate.

I called corporate headquarters and spoke with Shawanda, who stated, “I wasn’t there so I don’t know what was said.” She also hedged when I asked about a refund on the credit card used. She stated that credit card info was never given. Of course it was! How else do you make a motel reservation online or by phone?

No more Motel 6 for us. Tomorrow, I’ll be calling every other number available to report this. DISCRIMINATION BY SKIN COLOR.

Original review: June 7, 2018

There was loud banging on my door. The night manager said I was leaking water on the floor. I had taken a shower as there was no bath stop. I called again for a bath stop. The lady said she was going to call the cops. Ten minutes later 2 (wonderful and polite) police officers showed up hands on guns saying I was being a problem. I WILL NEVER STAY AT A MOTEL 6 AGAIN. PLEASE DON'T EITHER. THANK YOU.

Original review: May 29, 2018

Motel 666 Montgomery, AL. Stayed a few hours... left at 3 a.m. after someone opened the room door with a card/key. The room had not been put into the computer, so they rented it to someone else at 2:30 in the morning! OMG! It was dirty, noisy, TV cable kept cutting out, and no cold water in the shower. This made it virtually impossible to take a shower! So many negatives here... very disappointed. I was charged $50.88 for this nasty room where we stayed but a few hours and got no rest. Nothing in the room... no microwave, no coffee pot, no hair dryer, no dresser, not even a Kleenex provided. Only one chair in the room, one nightstand, one small desk. They can surely do better than this!!! Desk clerk was nice... that's my one and only positive about this place.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Yesterday on Tuesday May 22nd 2018 I checked in at Motel 6 Highway 49 in Gulfport Mississippi. Soon as I came to the room which is 224 these sheets were dirty. Had black stains on it all over. Call front desk. Ask can anybody bring some clean sheets and blankets. They said they would take care of it. Time passes by still no clean sheets. Told them again by 6:30. They finally send a housekeeper. She gets his clean sheets. We say something about being reported. There are ants on the bed. Took pictures of that. The housekeeping lady was one of the witnesses. Showed her all the black stains black marks all over the sheets. It was fresh.

The blanket had stains on it. Took the pictures on the phone. Took it to the front desk to talk to a manager and they didn't do anything. One of my guest that I had to come visit has bites on her feet. She showed the housekeeper that and they still didn't do anything about it. It's not a place I would recommend for anybody on business trips or anybody with family. The beds have bed bugs. They have ants, unclean sheets, the rooms are not clean. The other day I rented out and the rooms were dirty. We had to wait 20 minutes before the room. When we got in the room there is no toilet tissue, no towels, no bath Clause, none of the stuff that supposed to be in a room after you clean it. The lady at front desk didn't give no receipt.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I have been trying to be just in my demands of "making it right"... so let me explain. I attempted to stay in your Commerce GA, privately owned facility on the night of April 10th 2018. Ok. So... We get there a little early and the cleaning lady is in the room, so I yelled across parking lot "make sure you do a good job now"... like that rooms been rented. I'm here. Do good job. This lady either in fact did not do a good job or deliberately put a USED SYRINGE IN THE BED.

I freaked out and bagged it up and documented leaving the room and even punched in GPS for directions to my home so there would be some kind of proof that I left and did not return. However... I waited till the next morning to call the hotel about it. He said it wasn't his employee... Well now I'm not sure who got that room before me but this lady didn't do her job in that... the most basic thing you do to a motel room is... CHANGE THE DAMN BED SHEETS. Right? Well the ONLY other option is that SHE DID IT INTENTIONALLY (because I told her do good job... is my opinion.). I even made a police report and everything. So now because it is privately owned... There's nothing corporate can/will do for me.

I refused the $68 refund I was offered the first time I had talked to the manager. Because I hadn't thought about it like that. But now the shock has worn and I know what I want... Free lifetime stays... No matter if it's for a month at a time. I want to be able to know if I ever need a place to sleep... PEACE OF MIND says I'll have it there. I need them to know that she... either way it happened because of his employee and he needs to be held responsible... But she endangered my life in more than just one way... I'm allergic to a lot of stuff... from tetanus shot to alone, ** to **... Let alone the blood could have HIV or hepc or anything. Very not cool... This is ** really.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Horrible! Was moved 3 times, manager never responded as to what happened to reservation, no one ever brought a phone. Rene at front desk was terribly rude. Mike stunk of liquor from maintenance. He walked past my room laughing Ha, Ha Ha. The staff DO NOT COMMUNICATE to each other. NOR do they care about PROMPTNESS. Claiming they would take care of things that were out never taken care of.

Original review: May 5, 2018

There are just as many good posted reviews for Bellingham WA as bad, so for people it seems friendly staff doesn't work for everyone the same. My experience with staff was horrible, it started when trying to speed the process up of charging my card to reflect that the room was paid for instead of when I arrive, since I booked with reservation center I called and asked to do just that, I was told I needed to call the front desk where my stay was so I did. Front desk said to call res center so I call them back. They say they can't, I'm starting to fume because this goes for nearly everywhere these days, what happened to the term hospitality.

So instead of allowing this front desk person to tell me again call the res center I got angry and I let her know in so many words that I was... success!!! There is a 3rd party way to do it but call res center back, so I did explaining front desk said use third party, the child on the other end said once again call the front desk back... that was it, I went off like I wouldn't be able to tomorrow cussing out the reservation agent relentlessly, hung up on him finally. A few moments later I received confirmation it was paid for. I don't like to be that way, but the front desk nightmare continued on.

The final straw was I was outside smoking a cig and there were pigeons outside, the next door guest comes outside starts to feed them, 1 is being not allowed to eat, the guest goes back in, I decide to get a few crackers to try for the pigeon not eating, immediately some new control front desk freak approached me telling me to stop not the next door guest, that was the final insult on top of many I was going take, now I'm pretty sure I'm being watched and possibly abused. To cancel remaining stay is just as another nightmare so I will sleep and try again in the AM fretting getting refund on the card will actually take place since the agent didn't seem to know when either, I hung up on him too. The room was clean but not ready at 3pm as told, it was 6pm. I used 1 star rating in order to post, I wanted to give them nothing, and won't tell anyone to come here.

Motel 6 Company Information