2. Travel
  3. Hotel Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.53/5

Motel 6 Reviews

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

I have been working around Odessa, Texas for some time now. First time staying at Motel 6. If I would have know that, The employees at motel was this nice and helpful, especially Miss Dee. She sure made my booking easy and funny, Nicest lady I ever came Across in Odessa. Sure will recommend my coworker to come stay here. And to ask for Miss Dee not to take nothing from the rest of the employees because all of them was helpful. But is sure started at the front desk with Miss Dee. Thank you Miss Dee.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Motel 6 Kingdom City MO. My stay at this Motel 6 was very good. The front desk staff was helpful at getting me a room away from the traffic side of the hotel and on the 2nd floor. The lobby is open to the first and second floors with a balcony that allows for more supervision of nighttime guests entering the property. Also the beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean. They allow pets with no extra fees. This is one of the better Motel 6 hotels.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

The Motel 6 at 8285 Phillips Hwy in Jacksonville, FL, just south of Baymeadows Road, is an excellent motel in every way. General Manager **, and Assistant Manager **, and **, and all of the staff, are all exceptionally nice and will always help whenever there is any difficulty or concern. For example I had a concern about certain noise, and they resolved that situation immediately, and on another occasion I had a concern about some cigarette smoke, and they also resolved that situation right away. I would recommend this motel to anyone who wants to be sure that the managers and staff really care about the guest and are wonderfully nice and helpful at all times.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I just checked into Motel 6 tonight, and Marsha had checked me in. She is super polite and authentic, and after looking for a decent room all afternoon with no success and much frustration, she had somehow managed to make my day seem much better when I finally got here. Thank you very much, Marsha, I really appreciate your professional yet casual courtesy. 5 stars, easy.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have been coming to Ft Bragg for about 5 years now, and every time, I am pleased with the overall experience of this Motel 6, the cleanliness of the rooms and the pool and spa area. Omie is always helpful in getting me the right room, and has been helpful with special details when I have booked the clubhouse for birthday parties, including posting a personalised birthday banner on the clubhouse marquis. Tim is always friendly, my son says he is the nicest one, he has even helped to jump start my car when I left my lights on and the battery was dead. There is plenty of parking, shopping is within walking distance and dogs are always welcome. Normally I don’t stay at Motel 6, but this one is a cut above the rest.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motel 6?

Original review: May 16, 2020

I just wanted to give a huge kudos to the maintenance staff at Motel 6 in Carson City, NV. I had an incident where my upstairs neighbors had a leaky shower that came doyin my bathroom. The guys here took care of it with efficiency and ease. Thanks!!

Original review: May 11, 2020

Long time resident guest allowed to leave dogs off leash (3 of them, 60+ lb) as they run towards you growling. The manager and front desk say the dogs are fine and won't hurt anyone. Corporate policy and State policy not being followed concerning leash laws for pets. Manager and front desk not aware of corporate policies and obviously not willing to enforce them for a preferred long term resident/guest. I was offered another room, if they don't follow the laws, changing rooms will not help. Otherwise my stay was o.k. and the room was very nice.

Original review: April 25, 2020

With proof I can say the manager at this motel is either stealing money or the owners have her frauding people. Anyone who stays at this motel watch your bank accounts. It might seem and look like a lovely motel but it's what you dont see. The manager takes it upon herself to your card without asking you or telling you when you're paid up and do not owe anything and still in the room.

If you're staying weekly and paid up your week she will say you still owe when you know you have paid up and they wont show you where you got behind and will try to use some b.s. For all those long term people staying over 30 days and dont know the tax laws here is a bit of fyi. The tax commission says any stays longer than 30 days become tax free and any taxes you have paid including the first 30 days of your stay are to be refunded. Well the manager will keep charging you the taxes if you dont say something. Now any taxes paid to the motel and that means all money paid in taxes is the tax commissions money not the motels, and the tax commission says what goes with their money. And they say no taxes after 30 days and all taxes after 30 days of stay is to be refunded. ALL TAXES, NOT JUST SOME BUT ALL.

We had to stay through winter due to my husbands personal injury case and like most we had no idea of this tax law and found out through my husbands personal injury attorney. By this time we had paid out 902.00 dollars in taxes from August 23, 2019 to January 3rd 2020. Now understand I can back up everything I'm saying on this review. When we brought this to the managers attention she threw a fit and tried to kick us out. Then when we brought up the missing 150 dollars we were charged in the middle of paid weekly stay she wouldnt give us a straight answer or show us so we asked for the owners number. My husband contacted the owner and recorded the call and on recording he says, "I will take my managers aide any day over a customers" followed later by text messages that we have saved saying we needed to leave and, "We are a franchise. We can do what we want."

Now we were not behind on rent and they were holding 902.00 dollars of tax money that we paid and they needed to refund to us laws of the tax commission. Their reason for kicking us out was because we asked about the missing money and because we requested the tax money to be refunded and it was made confrontational because the manager made it that way and so did the owners and then told us to leave.

Now I'm sure that I'm not the only person that would say someone in that motel was scamming money with a response like that. Why would they kick someone out or respond to a refund that doesnt affect the motel? They refund the money. Fill out a tax commission form letting them know they refunded these taxes back and the tax commission then refunds that money to the motel. Exactly my point. Sounds like to me some tax fraud is going on.

We only received 679.00 back in back taxes which we have now been refunded the remaining by just going Into the tax commission ourselves and showing them all our receipts and payment history, and the missing 150.00 dollars was never resolved so our bank refunded that money back to us and reported it as fraud. Be careful everyone because it happened to a little old lady too. We are not the only people they did this to. They have people and the manager themselves charging your card when you're paid up and they are changing rates making the rates go up in the middle of your already paid up week stay. And they are charging taxes after 30 days when the motels are very aware of the tax law.

If I couldnt back up my claims and can prove with messages and audio I would have never posted this review as you can get into trouble by posting false reviews. This is completely 100% proven. I have now recovered the money by taking the necessary steps. Watch your bank accounts and charges. The manager there Kandi ** is scamming people either for herself or for the owners.

Original review: March 2, 2020

Over the weekend myself and sister stayed here. It was awesome. Very clean good prices and the young lady checked us in was great! Everything was great here, good job management and thank you to the staff.. I would recommend this hotel to everyone traveling... Good job.. Keep good work up. Thank you for all question and answers and nearby actives.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

The rooms are kept real clean all of the staff are helpful and very nice. I've been staying here for a month now and have really enjoyed my stay. They have good security, they have a guard onsite every night so it's very safe.

Motel 6 Company Information