1.55/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 18, 2018

665 Motel 6 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

I am staying on business and after two week entering my third. I was never offered a room with a refrigerator and microwave. I was never offered a weekly rate. I was allowed to continue to pay the higher rate. To add insult to injury I was then giving a room with those electronics. But then I go to turn in to find hair on my sheets so I call the front desk. She tells me I have to wait until tomorrow or I could come get the sheets and change them myself. I then spoke to a man who then brought me everything to turn down my bed. I did. I finally cut off the lights. I lay down and my body was being chewed on by adult bed bugs. I was then removed from my room without my wallet, clothes, jacket, everything for hours. They gave me a certificate for my troubles.

Original review: April 14, 2018

Your people are rude. Guest relations is a joke. You turned away guest who prepaid for a reservation for whatever reason but stole the entire 2 night stay but when the customer found out and called to correct, they have to wait 21 days for YOUR mistake. You people are crooks, con-artist and I will never recommend anyone who I travel with to stay at your establishments.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 14, 2018

Denied check in til 2:30pm When confirmation said 2pm. Advertised as free parking. Hotel sells parking to first come first serve. Once I actually got a spot. I couldn't move the car for fear of not having access to my hotel upon return. Cigarette stashed above a mirror. 2 days after stay friend has bacterial skin infection! Freaking nasty. This hotel needs inspected. Possible bed bugs too. I'm no expert but I saw trails along the seams of the mattress. I've stayed in my fair share of hotels and have been dissatisfied before. But I've never left a review. When your friend gets a bacterial infection from a hotel, it's time to speak up!

Original review: April 13, 2018

I love Motel 6. I have never had a bad experience staying with them. I needed a early check in and ** (531 W. Broadway ) greeted me and got my room immediately. I noticed he sounded like he had a cold so I asked him and actually he felt horrible but had I not asked I wouldn’t of ever known. He was prompt, courteous, and very funny making me laugh. No sooner then I’d been checked in. Within the first 5 min I was back because I’d held my room key to my phone. No problem! ** was on it. The rooms look great with the updated wood floors. I always stay at a Motel 6.

Original review: April 12, 2018

I waited for a week to do this review to allow time to see if my opinion changed and it hasn't. We were there just for an overnight stay and were totally disappointed. The first room (212) we were given wasn't clean - beds weren't made, case of empty beer bottles left in room, dirty towels on floor in bathroom, dirty cup with drink in it on nightstand, tried to call front desk from phone and the phone didn't work. Went back to front desk and the lady at the front desk acted like she didn't remember us, it had only been about 10 minutes since we checked in and there wasn't anyone else checking then. We were given another room (211) - that room was cleaner BUT the desk chairs were filthy, there was a stain on one bedspread and the desk table was sticky.

These things were bad but we were willing to live with it for just a stop over stay. Beds were comfortable and sheets clean. Then we went to leave and the door would not open (from the inside)!!! We called the front desk and reported we were locked in our room and needed them to get us out. Of course their first question was did we have the deadbolt on and we had but now it wouldn't unlock. It took about an hour for her to get us out of the room. Since this was a different person than the one that checked us in we asked her to look at the room we were first given so she would know it had not been cleaned. They did give us 30% off our bill and she was very apologetic. I don't think we should have been charged anything, but after being locked in the room for almost an hour I just wanted to leave and did not argue the point. To say the least Motel 6 will be on my do not stay at list.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motel 6?

Original review: April 12, 2018 I have stayed at both Motel 6s in Centralia Washington. Never again. My son paid for a week and they kicked him out after 3 days and kept the rest of the money.

Because they didn’t like the way he looked and the other one is just as bad banning us from the motel saying there was fighting going on in the room. It was the next-door neighbor and they blamed it on us. I am seriously going to take legal action against both Motel 6s. They are dirty rooms. They will walk right in without knocking. Never ever again.

Original review: April 11, 2018

We stay at the Ft Lee Petersburg Motel 6. We had items stolen from our room. We had not just clothes stolen from the room. It also jewelr. Aa necklace to be exact. At first we thought it was only the clothes that were stolen and we searched everywhere but could not find them anywhere. A complaint was made at the front desk and when we asked if the employees come into the room when we were not there we were told they were not allowed to. It was not till we checked out we noticed that the necklace was missing. Another complaint will be made to the motel. Room never really came too clean and the toilet and bathtub were kind of dirty when we checked in. The first floor smells of cigarettes and weed even though it’s a no smoking facility. Also we were told that the security cameras do not work which I found very sketchy. The motel is also not in the best of areas either.

Original review: April 6, 2018

Reservation was canceled by someone in middle of the day while at work. Call motel they said a woman called and canceled which was wrong. Then called the corp office they said it was done online and the basically said, "Oh well" too. Will not deal with again.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I'm very pleased with my experience at the Biddle Road Motel 6. Very clean and comfortable and had a very good microwave and fridge. Also liked the morning coffee in the office, but would prefer coffee pot in room lol. Bring own shampoo and silverware for food, though... None available, which I thought was strange. Still, a very good experience and I am forever grateful to my dear friend who paid for 2 nights here for me. :)

Original review: March 30, 2018

Front desk was rude and no maintenance to fix what was wrong - At 10 p.m. I can't get towels. I can't get an extra blanket. I can't get it maintenance man to fix my tub and my sink not even fix the vent that is broken. Now I have to take a tub bath or shower when they think I should. Bathroom leaking. Water fan not working. Pipes clogged and would not do nothing about it. I think if they want to keep customers the customer should be right. I ask for another room they wouldn't give it to me and they're not all booked.

Original review: March 28, 2018

My husband and I stayed at the motel 6 in Lantana Florida. Needless to say as we were pulling into the parking lot it looked run down and dirty. The staff were pleasant and we got our room key. The dirty floors then dirty sheet along with numerous HUGE burn holes in all the blankets the walls were disgusting and have probably never been cleaned once. Then the bathroom... No words to explain. The bathtub looked like it hasn’t been cleaned in decades. I wore my shoes and went out and bought my own towels and blankets (I couldn’t afford to book another hotel) then the cockroaches everywhere! When I got home I took my things to a laundromat so they wouldn’t come in my house. Not to mention the locks on the doors were busted and this place was (for lack of a better word) Ghetto. I felt very unsafe except for when the police did walk arounds. Also no fridge or microwave no shampoo or other toiletries.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The Motel 6 in Charlotte had laminate flooring, no lamps, no breakfast, and unfriendly front desk. They also had no amenities, broken water faucets, hard mattress, obvious night guard, swimming pools filled in, covered in grass, broken concrete walks, etc. It seems that all Motel 6 are the same.

Original review: March 27, 2018

San Francisco Motel 6 on Geary St.- Susan refused to allow my husband check-in to our room because a piece of his Calif Driver's License has chipped off due to him having to open his office door when he locks the keys in. He’s the GM of a well-established nightclub here in SF. She insinuated like he uses it to break into stuff??? His DL is fully up to date. She told me if he was staying in the room I would be in violation of the list of policies. I have to follow in order to get my full 100 cash deposit back.

My husband was promoted to GM on Jan 1. He very literally has worked every day since. He doesn’t trust anyone to grind out the necessary numbers needed in the crucial rebuilding stage the club is experiencing. Please help. We had to vacate our SF home suddenly. We have a Frenchie and an Akita. I don’t believe in credit or debit - I only use what I have. I don’t overextend. Motel 6 is literally the only place that allows 2 pets AND a cash deposit.

Original review: March 17, 2018 This chain is a total dump. Hot water heater broken in hotel so no hot shower. Every ** morning have to tell the stupid maids to clean the room or they don’t do it.

Staff as always just don’t give a ** and why should they? They probably don’t earn **. I’ll never stay at a Motel 6 anywhere again. I’ll sleep in my car first. If the ** heater isn’t fixed by tomorrow night I’m demanding my money back and going elsewhere. If they don’t give my lawyer will tear them a new **. Steer clear of this low rent **, especially in south Dallas, home of the lowlife deluxe.

Original review: March 12, 2018 Last night was one of the worst experiences I've ever had at a Motel. I stayed at the Motel 6 in South Everett, WA. I was so scared I did not sleep the entire night. I had more than one incident outside my door/room. People harassing me and my boyfriend. It is a very stressful time in life for us and to be scared to leave my room is not what I signed up for. This is a very bad area and for that reason I feel extra security should patrol not only the parking lot but through the halls as well.

If I was not struggling financially right now I would have absolutely left this place last night but I had already paid for the room. So instead I laid in bed anxious at every sound I heard and still I am awake writing a review about my horrible experience. I hope something can change around here. This is unacceptable. If I could rate this place it would be a negative 5 stars. The price is just about the only thing I like about it.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Mansfield Ohio USA - Booked room for night through Trivago. Checked in. Room dirty. Carpets dirty. Floors not clean. Room smells really bad. We have been traveling from Washington state to the state of Maine. Long day. If we were not so tired we would check out. Lady at front desk not pleasant. We have been staying at Motel 6 all across the US and this is by far the worst place I have ever had to sleep. It really smells bad but my husband needs to get off road and rest. I hope someone from Motel 6 reads this. Gives them a very bad name.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

My son was killed in Mosul, Iraq 11 years and 6 months ago and I had driven over a week to visit his grave at the Willamette National Cemetery in Portland. My cousin called ahead to see when they were closing. They told her 7:00. When I got lost (I live in Arkansas and did not have any idea where I was because my AT&T cell phone again failed me. Turned out the cemetery closed at 4:30!!! I was broken at this point and headed for the first motel I could find (Motel 6 Tigard Oregon). Through my tears (I live in Arkansas and it had been 7 years since I had visited his gravesite) Jordon ** GSR had so much empathy, having had to bury his Grampa, he treated me like I was his most important guest. He made me feel that everything would be ok and told me to let me know if I needed anything to let me know, This young man gave me peace.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

No in room coffee. No continental breakfast. The cost was well above NICER motels, offering coffee in room and breakfast. I am disgusted to pay more for less room, do without coffee and breakfast. Guess what? NO MORE MOTEL 6 FOREVER! GET IT TOGETHER with the times or go under. You use to be quality and had great prices. You have neither now.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

I had a room reserved and guaranteed with a credit card number. When I arrived at 10:00, I was told they were overbooked and had no rooms available. I explained I had made reservations several days and guaranteed with a credit card. I was told there was nothing the could do, there were no rooms. I asked if they expected me to sleep in my car in the driveway. I was told to go to another hotel. At that hour, there were no other motels with availability. I was forced to drive to the next town 40 miles away. I had always stayed at Motel 6 when in town - NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Motel 6 5201 20th St E, Fife, WA 98424 is NOT GOOD! Rooms filthy, stank of cigarettes so bad! Cigarette burns in the bedding, black mold in bottom of the shower, toilet did not work. We had to purchase bleach, lysol and shower mat just to use. The staff was NOT helpful, just handed us more bedding with more cigarette holes. Room advertised to us with a fridge, microwave, coffee pot of which NONE of these were in the room. We quickly realized it is a drug dealing hub and a stable for prostitutes. We were harassed by a mentally off very high neighbor. This is NOT a family friendly place, I am amazed Motel 6 allows their name on it. Sick and disgusting!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

When dealing with this motel (Motel 6 Webster Texas) my spouse lost her wallet. We knowingly knew we must have forgot it at the motel. We went back. The check in lady didn’t care what we lost. She was very rude and wouldn’t even double check for us. Our relatives then booked a room there tonight. Our brother in law informed me he went to ask for a extra blanket. Once again the same lady gave him a hard time saying that my sister in law would have to get the blanket for him since it was in her name. Idk if she was discriminating because we are ** or if she was just being flat out rude but I will never stay at that Motel 6 again. My relatives won’t. My in laws won’t.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I checked into the Motel on January 29th, and had been staying here for a week as I'm waiting on an inspection for my New townhouse. I've had my plants outside getting some sun bringing plants here. Too long of a story. Needless to say after a week of them being nicely neatly placed out of the way. The manager came up and said that I can't have them outside. Fine. I was willing to move them INSIDE. Not even ten minutes later I heard a banging at my door. It was the manager and about 6-8 staff members barging in my room. Meanwhile there are guest all about the property outside as the world's largest gem show is taking place. They were acting like I was committing some kind of crime by not having housekeeping come in. I've never stopped them from coming In My room. I just didn't need vacuuming and all that every day.

I'm disabled and have medical conditions that just don't go with hotel living. So I felt very invaded, embarrassed and harassed and then two days later here she comes again talking about the fire alarm needs inspection. Why would someone who's paying top dollar now (gem show) want to put themselves in such a place. When my neighbor's walking around naked with his window curtains opened, people sleeping in their cars, vans tweakers running around the property all night yet they're not talking to any of them at all. I even paid for another week. However I'm looking for another place to go and will always speak bad about MOTEL 6 and how nasty they're to paying guest versus the ones coming out here for free. Meanwhile there are chairs all on the balcony and trash cans outside other guests rooms but plants nature won't be tolerated. REALLY. WHAT A **!!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

We were staying at the Motel 6 Naperville due to our grandson is in a program for therapy and help with his mental health with his autism. He ran out of his medicine. He had a severe panic attack in the motel room where he was yelling over his anxiety. We got the quote to stay another week and they did not tell us at that time that they were not going to let us stay there. When my husband went to pay they said, "You can’t stay here because of anxiety." They didn’t even give us time to be able to move out reasonably. This is a low-class organization. I wouldn’t recommend that motel. They got a lot of weird people living in there.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

A woman at Motel 6 in woodland was disrespectful and insisted she come into our room and do an inspection because we ask for no housekeeping for 2 days. Her name tag said she is the manager. She invaded my privacy. She disrespected me by talking to me rudely. After that I witnessed her yelling at a Housekeeper being very unprofessional. THIS woman made me and a few other people not want to bring our business there again.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I have been staying at hotel for 5 days. I am getting a PhD at Pacifica Graduate Institute in Carpinteria. I complained to the front desk concerning the noise of the truck engines. Cleark could tell me none of the motel's policies. This morning I emailed customer service and sent photos of the 6 trucks in lot two of which are carrying flammable liquids. I took photos of their license plates. I said their sign says parking for paying guest. The representative wrote back and apologized and said it was not their policy. This evening the same trucks are here with engines running. I took a photo and emailed customer rep again. I received a response that truck drivers needed a safe place to rest and if I did not like their policy perhaps I should stay somewhere else.

I can not reach a regional office. I cannot afford another motel now and I feel disregarded and dismissed. This is not a truck stop. I will be glad to send email correspondences and photos. I am a respectable 52 year old woman traveling alone. They could have attempted to explain why the trucks are more important than guest sleep. I am not a nobody and will share this with the community.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Many times I have stayed at this location in Rowland Heights off Nogales, never have I disrespected the staff or anyone. Nor did I make a fuss the time my room flooded. There were a couple of times during my many stays over this last year the toilets would back up or the air wouldn't work right. This last time was on New Year's Day. I reserved a room and when I showed up I was blocked with no one to explain why? I had dealt with some young kid who was new and I had dealt with him before. My senses told me he was a problem.

A week later I called to ask why this has happened? I was told it was because I had checked out at 4:30 pm, which is a total lie. Whenever I have checked out it was always at 1 pm, which I would ask and they allowed. Why the hell would I stay until 4:30 pm? I spoke with Brittany who does work there claiming to be a manager and she had checked me in several times so she knew who I was. I questioned this and all she would say is "My computer says this"? Really and who wrote that? Where is the proof? I would think housekeeping would know if I stayed that late?

There is a difference between arguing and making an argument, she goes by her computer to be true and accurate with no proof to provide. However I questioned her that she can't prove I stayed that late any more than I can now prove I left at 1 pm because I didn't go to the office. I would leave with leaving the key on the desk and closing the door. She wouldn't even hear me out and hangs up on me, then I call back and she slams the phone down hanging up again. As I called from another number she ignored the phone and let the fax pick it up. This is a manager's professional customer service, really? Then Brittany you should be fired!!!! This location is not perfect. It has many flaws. I don't expect 5 star service at a 2 star motel. This corporation is greedy and cares nothing for people. They have no respect for the customers they do have. I dont have a order number and I was not given a receipt ever...

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

The room had trash in the garbage cans. A dirty towel in the shower. A ‎used bar of soap in the shower. Garbage under the bed. The heater had 2 settings off and there was no hot water. But the most annoying thing was that a water main broke and flooded the steps... salt wasn't added till morning which was about 12 hours later and with it being minus 11 degrees the steps were dangerous I say that because I fell twice leaving... the alarm went off for hours and continued thru the night off and on till morning. Not one person from the office apologized for anything or for any inconvenience. I will never stay there again it was a horrible dirty and unsanitary experience. I don't know why the health department doesn't get involved, dealing with the public there should be more awareness made by cooperate, maybe if the manager can't hold a level of customer service in cleanliness perhaps they should find new management.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Not only did I pay for two nights at this hotel (Nashua, NH) I was put in a room at first that was dirty. Not clean. I have a pregnant wife for 7 months pregnant and also there was no heat in the new room where they put us. I got attitude when I complained about the heat. It's the dead of winter. Very upset at the way I was treated. This is not for a family that travels and wants to take a break. Not recommend this at all. I will never come here again. It was dirty. The staff are rude and the cleaners don't clean. Sad... Please never go here. Also they have bed bugs.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

When I started to open door there was filth on the mats walking in. Then I went in the room to call the office. There was cockroaches everywhere and clothes, mud chunks under the bed and I got locked in the bathroom. Couldn't get out. Maintenance came and I instructed him on how to open the door and his response to the roaches was, "Oh well they're everywhere. You all go or leave". Wife got offended and I stopped her from taking further actions about that. This was not a very good stay at all. Very unprofessional and no organization on Motel 6's part. I feel that I deserve some kind of compensation for this. I'm going to be in town until Tuesday. Guess moving to another hotel unless you contact me at **. Thank you very much. I'll be expecting your call.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

My brother's truck was stolen from this property on December 16, 2017. We were informed that this isn't the first time car theft have occurred at this property. When my brother called management and the Biloxi, Mississippi (Beach Boulevard location), he should little empathy and brushed the entire deal off. There should be cameras or some sort of security to ensure the patrons' safety. We will never stay at this location again!

Motel 6 Company Information