Motel 6

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Americans with Disabilities DO NOT STAY HERE (Motel 6 3228 N Chestnut st Colorado Springs)! This is the worst hotel known to man. I read every post and none are as bad as mine. They gave me an upstairs room but I can hardly walk, reservation was for a downstairs unit. They lied to me about the room and many other things. My daughter fell on the rocks and when we tried to report it they hung up on us twice. They stole our laundry and never cleaned our room once. We were there for 13 days and they didn't change the sheets once.

The horrible manager Jeff ** bitched me and my daughter out for no reason he was really bad but that's not even the worst... My daughter went down to fix my expensive Wi-Fi card and the huge Mexican/Hawaiian woman in the office working with Ronni ** on the night of the 12th bitched her out calling her names and when she started to cry she called the cops on her for crying. There was a customer there watching the whole damn thing. My disabled daughter had a panic attack when she got back. This is The WORST HOTEL SERVICE IN THE WORLD! There will be a trial. I complained to corporate and they refuse to call or email back.

Issue 1: I had booked the hotel online earlier that day then called immediately to confirm the booking, and told the woman answering the phone just one adult not two. She said that would drop the rate. She then gave me the recalc amount, and then I said to her I would be arriving at X time. I arrived when I said, and ran my card to find out denied, and so I had to dig why. The manager, who I have always dealt with, said rates change throughout the day. Ok. But the person checking me in insisted I was wrong, and I of course pushed back. Then I remembered I had the confirmation email and I had to show it to two different staffers, and only then did they override the charge to match what I had been told originally. Not sure where the problem here is, policies or faulty computers?

Issue 2: I just minutes ago asked the night auditor when morning coffee would be ready as I have to leave in less than 2 hours. He said 6, though I knew the previous night's auditor made coffee before 5 at a guest's request, but this guy hemmed and hawed why he won't til 6. I think if a guest requests a minor and it is just that, minor, break from policy just to put coffee on, why did he resist so much? I am very disappointed this time, but will continue to use this hotel. All the same.

The price for a night was very reasonable which was nice but the rooms weren't very comfortable, didn't have a couch or any other furniture besides the beds, and after leaving a day later I noticed bed bug bites on my legs. The comforter also had multiple holes in it which I assumed were from cigarettes. Overall, the service/staff were good but the beds -- I wouldn't recommend staying there just because of them. Need to clean mattresses and bedding more often.

Hair on sheets, obvious linens weren't changed. Big pile of hair on floor. Only a very thin blanket. Furnace really loud. Very thin walls. Room price was reasonable but will pay more for a decent room next time.

I stay at this hotel often but no longer will be staying at the Sycamore, Illinois location. I do have dogs which is why this stay was easier. However after staying this time I paid for 1 night and decided I would stay 1 more so I went to pay for another night. When I was at the desk to pay, it was a lady I haven't seen in there before went on to tell me that they can only let me stay 1 night at a time, said I trashed the room on previous visits. I've always kept the room in order and had never stayed more than 2 days. I believe she thought I was someone else. I have never got a charge for room being destroyed and never had anything said to me from previous guy that I normally see. Big disregard to customers. Bad people skills. I'm pissed. I was a very frequent customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motel 6?

Motel 6 Santa Barbara - Carpinteria North, Carpinteria - Disgusting isn't a bad enough word to describe how dirty and neglected this room was. I booked through Hotels.com. The room was supposed to have been $89. I checked in at 10:30 that night... no rooms left. I had paid for the room before heading up to 3rd floor. Empty Rum bottle under the 1st mattress. Wet plastic and garbage under the second mattress. Dead bugs on floor, Sheets stained and dirty... inner and outer. I asked for a refund or another room and was told there were no other rooms and the money I had paid was nonrefundable. No box springs under the very old mattresses. The empty plastic rum bottle had worn a pattern 24" wide and 18" across. I pity the couple that spent their time on that bed. LOL. Hair in the shower and drains and bathroom floor. The manager put on plastic gloves. These should be provided to all people that try to stay here as a safety precaution.

The room was to have been $89 through Hotels.com. The hotel charged me $149. I paid the amount before knowing the place was a dump! The manager said the money was nonrefundable because that is their policy. Stay away or be prepared to burn your clothes. A great place to send your annoying in laws as a goof gift. I would let me dog stay in that room again. There are no excuses for that level of dirt. The manager agreed. Again... my refund was $30... not the $149 I paid.

DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL. The people in the front are rude. I made a payment 5 min after 12 and they told us we had to leave. After I stayed there before paid every night as I did again. Not pet friendly at all. Rooms smell bad ** and hookers all over the place even when it's a no smoking room but they do nothing about this. I want a full refund for all my hotel stays at this nasty place. Their ice machine is down. Has been since December. Rooms never cleaned. No new towels. Had to go get them sheets on bed for a week. Gross. Not worth the money or stay. BEWARE. NOT PET OR KID FRIENDLY. False advertising.

This motel sucks. This person in the front desk is very rude disrespectful. She is so unprofessional. I had an issue with a door. I went downstairs since the young lady help me out earlier that day to fix my door. I went to speak to the front desk lady name Olga and hell broke loose. She was so rude came with the worst attitude towards me and after her boss decided to show up, she acted like an innocent child. Even her boss was extremely rude. She told me she was telling me I was not longer able to rent here no more!!! Horrible service.

I stayed at the Motel 6 in Harvey, IL and it was the worst place I have ever been! The entire carpet was so nasty, I refused to walk on it without any shoes on. The walls are so thin that you can hear people in the next room. The room was suppose to be "smoke-free"; however, it reeked smoke. The staff (day and night shift) were rude and did not honor my request for a wake-up call (there was no alarm clock in the room). My room key stopped working on the second day and the night shift clerk gave me a hard time resetting it. Her attitude was just as upsetting as the room! I will not recommend this motel to anyone.

I was threatened by owner with animal control while I was in my room with animal. I was told that I have to pay 10 dollars for a plunger because my toilet has been stopped up since I got here. I was cursed out by the staff for no reason.

Me and my 84 year old Mother were forced to stay at the Motel 6 in Fayetteville NC as we were victims of Hurricane Matthew and we spent out of our own pockets over $2,300.00. We have never stayed in a more dangerous and violent motel. Every other day there were police raids, the U.S. Marshals were there looking for people. The amount of criminal activity was something I have never seen in my entire life. Drugs being bought and sold, prostitution and you name it and it was going on there. I brought this to the manager's attention and it did not seem to bother or phase him as long as he was making money and would rent a room to anyone as long as they had money.

The best was one night and I am in a wheelchair, I was assaulted, beaten and robbed and I had to call the local police immediately and they came, filled out a full police report and left. The management there offered no help or assistance and did not offer any refunds at all and simply did not care. So, in turn I had to hire a private attorney and commence legal actions against them to get my full refund and other damages associated with the incident. Whatever you do and trust me on this, do not ever stay at the Motel 6 in Fayetteville NC as you will regret it for sure as they do not care about anything. Good luck to you all.

The room rates are too higher than you expect for the quality of the room you get. I was there March 14, 2017. No microwave or refrigerator in room for 51.77. Are you serious? And on top of that the room 249 toilet does not flush. I checked in about 1 pm and did not get service. I called to office. He said someone was to come but they did not.

I have stayed at least 10 times at this Motel 6 10694 Olson Dr., Rancho Cordova, CA. Last night was around number 11. Let's see, that's around $1,000 dollars total. Now, that might not be much to them or whoever reads this, but it's a lot to me, the widow of a United States Army Veteran. That is about what I get every month as his widow. It was late and I went to the Motel 6 that I knew to be the usual and expected with an AARP room as before. It wasn't. I didn't know AARP and Motel 6 broke their "6 dollar love connection".

I am not an unreasonable person and was not asking for the Sun, Moon and Stars. No, I was not. Just to honor that 10% since I didn't know. The night old lady with the teenage hair, refused to acknowledge my long time customer status. I had to stay because it was late, so I had no choice. Then she tried to sell me wifi too. How many older customers is Motel 6 going to push out the door to Wyndham Rewards? I know! Me and 103! I am telling you, If word gets around, and it will, that Motel 6 does not care about almost 60 year old people, they will lose customers rapidly and gain rough people. That's why there are multiple security guards on site.

She put me next to the ice machine as an obnoxious loud noise (that repeated every 2 minutes), woke me up through the night. After only 5 hours of sleep, I talked to the front desk woman, who had no better words of customer satisfaction, but kept saying, "It's just the way it is" as she dismissed me roughly. Same thing happened with the 18 year old foreign voice at 1 800 557 3435 customer service. I just checked their website online and it looks like Motel 6 has been bought by Blackstone Group. By my experience last night, Motel 6 is no longer the Beacon of Light, but another trashy motel that don't regard older long time customers and probably not new ones either.

I have stayed at this Motel 6 in Bossier City, LA in 2016 and now in 2017. The ice machines (2) were not working on either visit. The staff is nice and the room was OK. But, if you have coolers or need ice, plan on spending at least an additional $2 per day to buy ice at the convenience store. Not sure if they plan on ever fixing the ice machines...

I recently stayed at the one in Frederick Maryland. On the website it stated it has a micro fridge but didn't. We went to the front desk but no ironing boards. When we arrived the room was cold so I assumed because it was empty they had the heat off. So we turned it on and left for the store. When we got back we thought we had the air on instead of the heat but we didn't so we figured it was a trick to it. Let me back up a little. When we came back from the store they had the handicapped ramp blocked with ironing they were throwing out. Well my sister is in a wheeled chair so I had to clear the ramp to get her up the ramp. So we had to leave for a funeral. When we came we tried the heat again. Still it didn't work. We called the front desk and she told us we had to turn it off and turn it back on again and make sure it's on 71 degrees so we did.

Now we leave to try to find something to do. By the time we returned my 7 yr old granddaughter was asleep and my sister in the wheel chair was tired. I tried the heat again and called the front desk and told her the heat didn't work. She told me she could move me to the second floor. I walked past at least 3 empty rooms so now I was supposed to leave my granddaughter in a room by herself while I tried to get my sister to the second floor. I turned it down and thank goodness I brought a extra blanket for our 6 hour drive so we curled up and called it the night. There was no fridge like advertised, handicapped ramp was blocked with debris, no clock and no heat. I'm so glad we only needed it for one night.

When I planned to stay at Motel 6 in Portland Maine Fri, sat and sun. Sat night the police came to my door and arrested me on a warrant for an unpaid fine that was ten years old. This motel gives the names of everyone staying in the hotel without your consent. At no time did I give them permission to give out my name to anyone. This is a violation of privacy. Upon my release from jail the next day after paying my forty dollar bail I returned to get my money back for sun because I was not there they refused and put me on a never rent to again list. What the hell.

They give police my name, have me arrested, refuse to return my money and Bar me from returning. This was the worst treatment I have ever been thru by any business. I should be compensated for the hell they put me thru. And never rent to me again for what. I did nothing wrong. I was alone and being respectful of the hotel. Really confused about all this. I would advise you to never stay there.

Front desk relations - Paid for room. Was not ready. When I returned the room was occupied. Another room was given at no discount or good reason for my room being taken. The other room was infested with roaches. Again only a 20.00 dollar discount offered. On my refusal of offered refund I was trespassed by police.

As of March 1, the relationship between the Motel 6 chain and AARP has been discontinued. I found this out when I went to renew my free AARP WiFi at the front desk this morning. I was told that Motel 6 no longer offers free AARP Wifi for Seniors. In addition, there is no longer a 10% AARP lodging discount available. Some individual Motel 6 franchises will continue to offer a 10% senior discount... but depends on the location. A sad development. I have been trying to find out why AARP and Motel 6 have severed their long time relationship... to no avail.

My fiance and I stayed at Motel 6 on Benson Hwy in Tucson Az in February 2017. We were there to visit his 90 year old mother for a week. Very happy when we checked in, area not the best but fine, clean room to start with. They do not however change sheets but every 3 days which I can handle. The 4th day we spent 12 hours with mom and came back to the motel bed was made, bathroom looked fine until I realized there were no clean hand towels and washcloths but the dirty ones were still there. Hmmm? Ok mistake no problem I can live with that. After all I have done housekeeping lots to do (if done right) Then shower and bed.

Well last night my fiance cut himself so there was a little blood on the sheet, well lo and behold the sheets were the same ones we have had since we got here. I went to the office on the 5th day and asked for clean sheets and towels, hand towels and washcloths. Please take dirty ones, no problem... 12 hours at moms back to Motel 6. Night took shower. No wash cloths or hand towels. Took the dirty ones though. Went to get into bed, blood stain same spot no clean sheets 5th night!!! I was mad.

Please if you decide to stay insist on bed changing and whatever else you need or want or need. I will be talking to the manager when she comes in at 6:00 am. Get mad at her 1st thing in the morning and she will remember us all day so I'm sure the desk clerk that promised it would be done and the housekeeper will know what happened. Update tomorrow morning!

I have stayed in Motel 6 motels all over North America. Normally, my stay in any one of them is fine. But I want to alert consumers about the motel that I just stayed at in Miles City, Montana. That sorry excuse for a business should not carry the Motel 6 brand name nor should it be in business at all. I came off a bus in the middle of a snowstorm and my room was already bought and paid for. But when I got to the motel, I discovered that the heat didn't work in that particular room. The spreads were terribly wrinkled on the beds and the glass in the mirror sported a large crack. So the "management" offered another room but when we opened the door we discovered that the room had not been cleaned. The heat worked but the room was a mess! So I had to sit in the corner, late at night and after a harrowing bus ride through a storm... and wait while the "management" performed her version of cleaning of bad service.

The room was not totally cleaned nor was it cleaned properly. But I was too tired to make an issue out of it, at that point. I was just exhausted. I tried to watch TV this morning but the TV was all messed up. But the REAL kicker was when I tried to take a shower and discovered that there is no hot water available. So guess who gets to walk out of here today without a shower? To the buyer beware: Don't rent a room here. This motel has absolutely no business carrying the Motel 6 brand name.

The Motel 6 at 1623 E. First st. Santa Ana seemed alright the first few nights. One day the manager took my room key because I wasn't the registered person (although I was on room as guest) he said that my roommate would need to give me the key. Which he did or how else would I have it. I spent 3 hours in the rain and cold before my roommate woke up. Manager told me do not tango with him because he is the manager and no one would take my side. I questioned him and asked him what I did, but after asking for his employee's name, he didn't like that and kicked me out. I called Motel 6 complaint line but no response.

Motel 6 Denton is a great place to stay. The management is very friendly including the whole staff. The rooms are nice and clean. Very quite with no loud noise. I recommend this place for the experience and price.

On 2/2/17: Today I received a disturbing phone call from my Hispanic employees stating that Motel 6 located at 2727 white ave Bakersfield, ca 93304 661-834-2828 - refuse to let them stay at their hotel today because all of the guests staying at Motel 6 have Mexican IDs. These Mexican IDs are government issued, completely legitimate identifications that are approved to use for the I-9 form for confirmation of identity. I would also like to point out that my employees have stayed at this exact Motel 6 several times prior to 2017 and never ran into this issue. Apparently, this new policy is happening in all Motel 6 in Bakersfield. I can only imagine it's happening in all of California.

On 2/3/17: update - I used Hotels.com to make the Reservation for the stay at Motel 6 located at 2727 white ave Bakersfield, ca 93304 661-834-2828. Hotels.com is filing a complaint against #Motel6South for #discrimination of #race and #nationalorigin and has provided a full refund though Motel 6 refused to provide a refund or even comment on the issue!!! In addition to the refund #hotelsdotcom also provided a voucher to be used at any hotel. Good Job Hotels.com.

I husted at the Motel 6 in Sparks Nevada across from Braille City multiple times never have I ever had a problem with any of the employees at this place except for the night graveyard shift front desk woman the big Samoan overweight **. Sorry for the crude language but I don't have no other way to put it. My husband simply went down this morning to ask for another key things he was getting ready to go to work and we only have one key and she refused to give him a key and then went into telling him that our room was to be clean today by housemaids. First of all if I don't want housemaids in my room coming in.

My second housemaids were just in my room 2 days ago. I'm pretty sure it was a housemaid for Motel 6 cuz I took her 5 bucks but this front desk lady who we do not know her name because she will not wear a nametag and does not reveal her name to anyone when you ask need something done about her attitude and the way she talks to guest. So if you have a plans on staying and Sparks Nevada at the Motel 6 be prepared for this Beast to make your day go sour as soon as she opens her mouth to you

I checked out after 20 minutes of checking in because I felt unsafe and the room smelled like smoke. 18 of those minutes were spent in the parking lot on the phone with customer complaint services and arguing with the front desk lady. They refused to refund me from the start and I left in tears, receiving no compassion from the manager. They treated me like dirt.

This location felt unsafe before I even entered my room. There were several men loitering in the back of the hotel, where my room was and my non smoking room reeked like smoke. I walked in the room, and walked out. After returning to the front desk, I let the receptionist know that I did not feel safe (especially because I would have to be taking my dog out at night) and that my room reeked of smoke. I told her I do not want to stay here and I would like to get a refund. She told me "no". The conversation that followed was completely horrifying. As I was in the lobby looking for a number to call for help because she was of none, she told me "go make your phone call outside or go to our room"... the room in which I told her I don't want to stay...

The way she talked to me was shocking and very, very unprofessional. I left in tears and then called the next day to speak to the GM. He was of no help either. I would share the conversation here but it is very long and unpleasant. An nightmare. Do not ever go the Macclenny Motel 6 located at 1499 South 6th Street. **, the general manager is in the wrong business and is running a dump of a hotel. What a waste of $70 and a nightmare. The staff at this hotel could care less about their customers. Giving Motel 6 a very bad name. There was 0 solutions offered, and the manager at the front desk literally said to me "no one can help you. Go to your room".

After losing my apartment to a house fire I booked an extended stay at this Motel 6 on Ogeechee Road in Savannah. After checking in for $293.00 for 6 days I discovered horrible conditions. Upon entering the room #323 I first noticed the boarded up window missing its glass. I then noticed the dirty floors and carpets, broken cabinet drawers, iced over mini refrigerator, soiled and dirty microwave and the ROACHES!!! I notified the manager of my disgust and he stated "There are no refunds" and I was stuck with that room.

The first evening I witnessed numerous acts of drug dealing right outside different rooms on the 3rd floor in the open, no effort to conceal this abhorrent behavior. Throughout many nights my door was often knocked on at all hours from prostitutes and dealers looking to see if I "needed" anything? Management cares nothing to rectify the problems at this facility. I notified the local police department to share my concerns about the prostitutes and drugs readily available and was told it is a "hotspot" for these shady practices... Never will I ever stay at a Motel 6 again, I would prefer to be homeless or sleep in my vehicle.

When I was younger I stayed many weekends in Motel 6's with my dad. I can remember how cheap it was because I stayed for free and the rooms were always really nice and most had pools so for a young kid that was pretty exciting. Now that I'm older and have kids I was in need of a place to stay for a month while looking for a place to rent in Roseburg Oregon. I decided to stay at Motel 6. I soon realized that I wasn't a little kid any longer because the rooms were not cheap and there wasn't a pool for my kids to enjoy, not to mention nobody could stand a chance to sleep in cause the employees who worked there were so loud, it felt like our room was where all the cool kids came to hang out lol, there was constantly people talking loud and banging the clean up carts into the walls, dogs barking, etc, etc.

I couldn't believe it, I was paying on average 65.00-70.00 a night and couldn't even sleep past 8:00 am. The employees were always sticking their noses in our business and it made it a very uncomfortable stay for me and my wife. Honestly I don't ever remember staying in a Motel 6 and not leaving there happy and wishing I could stay one more night. I'm sad to report that from now on, don't bother to leave the lights on for me because I will be staying at Howard Johnson's for about 5-8.00 less a night and I'll be swimming with my kiddos.

Rented a room for a week and the first night I am getting settled in and see a bedbug. I immediately contact the office and am told that they can't move me or refund me for the night. I packed my bags and am thinking about taking legal action. They were so nonchalant.

My room was burglarized and police were called. There was no forced entry. A week has gone by and the manager/owner has yet to turn over surveillance footage and the key card data. Management has reviewed the video and are aware a master key was used. I have not had any contact with management. 1 staff member has been excellent, she did apologize. I feel this motel should have turned over this vital information to police immediately. In my opinion they are acting shady. This motel should have taken this situation more seriously. I'm so upset and feel violated by this thief and this motel. I feel this motel has not treated me with respect.

I always book a room here. This time was by far the worst. I started off in Room 220. Used the restroom, flushed the toilet and water started coming from nowhere. But before that there was roaches on the floor that were moving so I went to the front desk and asked for my room to be changed and it was changed to Room 218. That room was fine until I seen something really red and small crawling on my pillow not once but twice. Got up, pulled the cover back and their was a damn bedbug crawling in the bed. I went to the front desk and said I was upset. I had my proof.

The lady that was at the front desk said all she can do is change my room for right now. I paid for a king size bed then I was transferred to a double bedroom. I was told I couldn't get a refund until the exterminator checked the room out. Then I said "since you can't refund me can you comp me another night's stay." I was given the same answer. I'm so upset. Will not be booking rooms here anymore.

Motel 6 Company Profile