2. Travel
  3. Hotel Brands

3.7/5 (400 ratings)

About Motel 6

Motel 6 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motel 6?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motel 6?

Original review: July 12, 2021

I stayed at Motel 6 for a few hours from 3AM to 11 on July 6. Because it was the 4th of July weekend there were almost no rooms available, including Motel 6. The very kind woman managing Motel 6 in Klamath Falls - Cindy was her name - was kind enough to encourage me to stick around for a while because she was anticipating a "no show" and she would be able to release the last room to me. It was a smoking room (I'm not a smoker) and she went to the trouble of doing an extra bit of wiping, spraying, cleaning to try to remove the lingering smoke odor, and did so with some success!

She was also very supportive: I had driven to Klamath from Ashland looking for my son, who had been riding a motorcycle from Salt Lake and was overdue. I thought maybe he'd broken down or run out of gas on the hill between Klamath and Ashland where there is no cell service. She listened to my worries and helped me to relax a little. And while I was talking to her, my son called from Lakeview. He had been out of range. As soon as I hung up with him, she gave me the room! All worked out. Bless Cindy!

Original review: June 15, 2021

Very good customer service. FRIENDLY CLERK. Helpful, clean, environment. I would definitely stay here again. I enjoyed my stay. And I would refer my friends and family to stay here. Also so if you're planning on taking a trip if I were you I would definitely stay at the Motel 6.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 30, 2021

Concerning my stay @ Motel 6 in Grand Rivers Ky in MAY 2021. Inside my room, At first glance- it did not seem that I had made a good choice. I had made my reservation before I left home or I probably would Not have stayed there. I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep. The lady who checked me in was very sweet and helpful. I went to my room (this is during the COVID Virus). I always travel with a large can of Lysol. I got the lysol out of the car and began to wipe down everything that I thought I might touch- to my surprise, I did not end up with a brown cleaning rag. They had linoleum on the floor (the place I tested there was also clean).

The room was dated, the bathroom was dated. Having said that, It had a microwave, it had a small refrigerator, it had a table, it had wi-fi, it was quiet, I slept well. I ended up booking 2 more nights- I called the front desk and the motel booked them at the same rate I got online. Yes you only get very few towels etc, when I booked the extra nights- I was asked if I wanted room service- I declined but I did gather up my towels and exchanged them with the lady who was cleaning the rooms. If you are looking for a fancy room with all the frills - you will be disappointed- if you only looking for a clean room and a good night's sleep you will be satisfied. The reason for 4 stars and not 5- the remote control had really old batteries and it was hard to get it to change channels and the towels were very thin. Other than that, it was a clean and cheap hotel and that is what I expected.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2021

I have stayed at this Motel 6 in previous years. This year, it is better. Clean, comfortable rooms, staff friendly, caring, pleasant and accommodating, and made me feel at home. They take and adhere to strict Covid 19 restrictions with all staff and guests and delivery persons wearing face masks, being 6 feet apart, social distancing and only one person in the lobby at a time, with sterilization done daily. The signage is posted throughout, so one less worry. The best, safe, excellent stay I've had in many years!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

Staff is friendly, courteous and efficient. Whether I'd be on the phone on the customer service line or in person the staff will go above and beyond to assist you. My stay here has been enjoyable and I would recommend the property in Lenexa Kansas.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

I booked a room at the Motel 6 in Norfolk, on Military Highway for a few days, while I am waiting the completion of my new lease, and although the room was nice enough, I could not have a reliable internet connection despite fact that it is advertised when booking the room.... The internet seems to cut out every 10 minutes or so, leaving me unable to logout of accounts that I have logged into sporadically. All I wanted to do was check my Emails, and after logging in, and checking a few of them, the wifi apparently cut me off for some reason, and I could not logout. As such, I ended up having to close the browser while still logged in, and so called the front desk to hear something to the effect of 'Sorry, but I do not know anything about the WiFi', and being told that she will ask the manager about this for me. This is unacceptable to me, as I paid full price for the room, and did not want to get half of what was advertised. Thus, I will not be booking anymore with Motel 6, and I would suggest that anyone who read this does the same!!

Original review: June 22, 2021

Paid way too much for the quality of room. $121 to Expedia then $72 for deposit upon arrival. Only 1 towel, no amenities, hair in shower, dirty floor, walls, Stained bed covers, Swimming pool was drained. Front desk clerk was nice.

Original review: March 26, 2021

**** I have stayed at many other Motel 6 locations, all over CA, and have always had exceptional service.**** At Motel 6 Twenty-nine my stay ended up a nightmare. Staying longer than 1 or 2 nights could be a disaster, especially if you are a considerate person expecting same and don't drink or use drugs. The folks who merit stars Jill, desk, Josh the maintenance fellow, and the entire cleaning staff. If you only encounter these folks during your stay, you will have no trouble- so nice, all love animals.

I am a local home owner who needed major plumbing repair and flood damage restoration. I couldn't stay with friends or family due to COVID-19. The fortunes I spent on my stay, my lack of alcohol and drug abuse, and advanced age made me an ideal guest. The management, clearly was fine with meth users all over the building; but took an immediate unjustified dislike towards me, without any legitimate reason.

The ugly attitude, lack of civility, and grandiose illusions of power, of mgt. (Don't remember her name; she is heavy set with very long hair and a sour expression making a potentially attractive woman ugly) is a clue that my ** Lives Matter Face Cover was part of it. Can't say for sure. Definitely these incompetents didn't appreciate my legitimate complaints, confirmed by guest services, front desk refused to do anything about, and randomly made up rules to justify inaction. My legitimate complaints, to guest service, for desk staff inaction 1) on smoking outside my window (CA Law is 20 feet from building) 2) general manager taking off her mask to deliberately shout at me 3) inaction on people invading my space without masks; when I did his job, and told them to put masks on one of them spat on me.

The final blow was a staff person attempting to enter my $179 a day room without knocking or announcement or explanation; I had the audacity to call the front desk; the twenty-something guy, Eric, at desk said staff person could enter my room whether I was there or not; guest services denied that this is their policy. These particular desk staff persons (Heather, Eric) and manager mentioned above retaliated to my audacity to legitimate complaints against them by telling falsehoods to guest services about me. One of those many lies was that I had "unauthorized pets". My bunny, is one not a pet but a Service animal, second arranged with my reservation, and in my arms when I checked in.

These few dishonest and sadistic staff, including mgt, made several days a living hell; I actually feared for my safety. They threatened me and I was unable to get protection from customer service 800 #. I broke no laws, as confirmed by guest services, and they threatened to send sheriff (who probably would have laughed at them). The nightmare does not end there; out of concern for my safety my friend & her husband came to pick me with two price gouged PAID days left. Fortunately, my house was ready earlier than expected. Had the manager, mention above, with grandiose illusions of power, left us alone as we loaded the car with my belongings, Motel 6 would have had $400 of mine free and clear. She came to the door of the room and disrupted my escape to tell me I would be refunded and that I could not come back; she repeated this 10 times, even though both parts of that statement were a lie.

She has a whole lot of nerve thinking that despite the fact I was leaving, that i would consider going back. Does she believe I enjoyed it when she shouted at me? Perhaps the meth heads and second smoke would be something I can't live without and preferable to my beautiful, paid in full, home? I don't suffer Stockholm syndrome. I will fully forgive said mgt in a few days; anyone this mean has a joyless life and no friends. The staff reflects, at this motel 6, the culture of Joshua tree extremes: baffling incredibly nice you feel like you have walked into utopia Or so mean, dishonest, and vindictive you believe you are trapped in hell. An emergency (my home flooding sewage and the high price tag) causing a high level of stress, was elevated to a full blown crisis and abuse that no one deserves.

Original review: March 12, 2021

Yarilin was very helpful and provided amazing customer service! Very happy. She was able to accommodate me with my change of plans and was able to put me back in a different room. Room was very clean and organized.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

MOTEL 6 107 Lawrence Dr VACAVILLE CALIFORNIA 95687 707 447 5550. DO NOT STAY HERE IF YOU VALUE YOUR SAFETY, PETS AND BELONGINGS. We rented 2 rooms on Sunday February 21-2021 at 6pm. Both rooms were not very clean but exhaustion blocked our better judgement at this time. All we wanted was rest. My room wasn’t bad to the other room stunk really badly. The hotel's solution was to give you a spray.

The night manager was very nice and tried to be accommodating but the place was becoming very scary the later it got. 10 pm that night we were out at our bus and someone broke into the one locked room and stole everything. One of my employees had but left his knapsack. The police knew him well but said hey, anyone could have stolen his bag and left it in our room. What a joke! The night manager told us to see the day manager in the morning! As it got later the hotel became very dangerous with lots of activity and obvious drugs being done and sold in the parking lot. You didn’t feel safe outside your room at all.

Well it went to hell very quickly the next morning. The manager REFUSED to talk to us when we wanted a refund for the horrible night we experienced. After that the really creepy maintenance guy started taunting us for whatever reason that we are not aware of. We are packing up and getting ready to get away from this hole and we look at our rooms from the parking lot and see the maintenance guy and maids are attempting to go into our rooms 2 hours before check out.

We have dogs in both rooms and I yell across the parking lot to tell them not to open the doors of our rooms because we had dogs, which they knew. We paid extra to have them. I then overhear from someone in the parking lot say that these stupid people let out a guest’s dog that was black and had a purple collar. MY DOG IS NOW RUNNING DOWN THE INTERSTATE. The hotel doesn’t even tell us they let my dog out of the room. Luckily another guest saves my dog from getting hit on the highway.

Once again the management would not come out to even try and rectify this. The creepy maintenance man has now started threatening us and acting very threatening with his motions. We try once again to contact the manager to no avail. She stood behind the desk behind a partition and wouldn’t even acknowledge us. They never did refund us. We contacted Motel 6 Head Office and were told that there is no way one of their motels could be this bad. I will NEVER spend another dime in Motel 6 again. STAY AT YOUR OWN RISK AT MOTEL 6 IN VACAVILLE CALIFORNIA!

Motel 6 Company Information