3.16/5

736 Motel 6 Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have been coming to Ft Bragg for about 5 years now, and every time, I am pleased with the overall experience of this Motel 6, the cleanliness of the rooms and the pool and spa area. Omie is always helpful in getting me the right room, and has been helpful with special details when I have booked the clubhouse for birthday parties, including posting a personalised birthday banner on the clubhouse marquis. Tim is always friendly, my son says he is the nicest one, he has even helped to jump start my car when I left my lights on and the battery was dead. There is plenty of parking, shopping is within walking distance and dogs are always welcome. Normally I don’t stay at Motel 6, but this one is a cut above the rest.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I think Frankie is the Greatest (Motel 6 - Orange Park, FL 6107 Youngerman Circle, Jacksonville FL 32244). She provides me with a scope of Motel 6 reservation and location of Philips highway, Youngman Circle and Baymeadows. She suggests rates change Sunday through Monday so to keep up with Motel 6 rates go line research different rates and location. This creates quality service for Management of Communication, Time and Travel. Building investments with Motel 6 services and locations implements great shareholders experience for Motel 6 stakeholders Motel 6, Studio 6 or Hotel 6 properties.

MarQuetteus

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I stay at Motel 6 in Ft Collins CO and I have to say the front staff is great. Whenever you go into the front desk Maleah the front staff is all ways there to meet you and she will go out of her way to make sure you are happy with your stay, you could not ask for a better person to help you. Thank you for everything. Great person.

Original review: March 29, 2019

My husband, daughter and myself stayed at Motel 6 and it was great. The room was clean and well stocked. The updates to the rooms are really nice. The towels, sheets and bedding were very clean and the room smelled amazing. The bathroom was spotless. The motel is quiet all night. We all slept like babies. The cleaning crew were so nice and polite. They made sure we had everything we needed and wanted. When they promise to bring something back they always did. The front desk staff was super. They were polite and so friendly. Shoutout to Sandy (housekeeper), Channing (front desk), Demetria (front desk), Marie (front desk) and to everyone else who names I didn't learn. Overall the rooms are clean, staff friendly and the prices are right. Thank you all.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

The people here are very friendly, the rooms aren't bad for the buck, decently priced and with a nice flat screened tv in them... Beds were comfortable to sleep on, towels provided and the walls looked spacious compared to many places I've seen before priced at this rate!!! There isn't any complimentary breakfast, however they make up for it in the rooms provided, given the many outlets and how you can bring your pot cooker if you wanted to, lol.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motel 6?

Original review: June 23, 2019

Motel 6 on Brick Church Pike Nashville, TN. The worst motel ever, they have bed bugs, dirty laundry, dirty rooms and holes in the walls, you can expect to have unwanted guests in the bed with you and I'm talking about bed bugs because they won't Take care of them. They also have a registered sex offender living on property in room 166. He works in the Broken Spoke restaurant on property.

Original review: June 19, 2019

I have stayed in Motel 6 before and actually worked at Motel 6 in Richmond, KY. I rented a room for several nights in Lexington, KY on 06/19/2019-06/21/2019. First, I found hairs in my bed. Second, the bath tub was nasty and I had to bathe with my flip flops on. Finally, I got ready to go to pool and they shut it down at 7pm and run everyone out. Why did I even rent a room if they have NO pool? Don't waste your money at Motel 6 ‘cause they are nasty! I won't ever stay here again! I stayed at the Motel 6 in Lexington, KY.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I am staying at your Studio 6 Motel in Lubbock TX and will have to tell you this is if not one of the filthiest places I have ever stayed at in America and the time I was stationed overseas. The floors have not been swept or mopped, the couch is dirty and disgusting. This is my third and last visit to this establishment. My first stay last year was not a bad experience and my second visit was so so. However, this visit is the worst. I will advise any of my coworkers traveling to Lubbock from Dyess AFB to stay clear of your establishment. For the money I paid, I am sure I could have done a lot better!

Original review: June 14, 2019

Motel 6 Billings Mt South. This motel is a nightmare. The front desk lady using breast pump and dog, no baby. Very abrasive by most staff parking lot and common very dirty. No microwave or fridge unless you ask? Up by 2 drunks, 6 am no security.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I was staying with an individual who rented a room. I was not listed as an occupant of the room. In the middle of the night the individual pushed me, by force, out of the room with all of my belongings still inside the room. The next morning I talked to the manager to get my property. The registered occupant of the room told them they were my belongings and left them with the hotel. However, they will not give me my things without an ID. I can explain in detail what they have of mine. How can I get everything back as soon as possible?

Original review: June 3, 2019

This motel opened way too early. Awful front desk service. Wake up call does not work on phone and front desk forgot to give a wake up call. There are no "do not disturb" signs as per their policy. Housekeeping a joke. Pay exorbitant amount to just get a bottle of water from a vending machine. Cable provider is a nightmare. Rooms set up for second bed to not even see the awful television when it does work. Have no expectations when you stay at this place.

Original review: May 27, 2019

I'm not even sure where to begin. First of all the hotel has crackheads outside trying to sell you drugs, the rooms are gross, the beds have stains on them, not all the rooms have ice buckets or extra towels. I was given room 236 when I checked in, I went in the room and none of the outlets worked, the air conditioner blew out hot air, and the bed had what looked like bed bug stains on the bottom of the sheets. I immediately went to the office and asked for another room.

I was then given room 210 which only had 2 outlets that worked and the same nasty sheets on that bed as well. There was a guy outside that asked my husband if he wanted to buy any weed, pills, meth or cocaine. I highly recommend that this hotel be shut down and the building condemned. The guy in the office had a crappy attitude as if I forced him to take that job. The worst experience I've ever had at a motel 6, and I normally love that hotel chain. Never again will I stay in their establishment. This was in Charlotte, NC.

Original review: May 22, 2019

I will never stay at this motel ever again!!! We checked in at 7pm on May 18th, 2019 with a reservation. They told me the room was ready since 3pm and I'd have no problems. After arriving we had to wait an extra 15 min for the cleaning guy to finish cleaning the carpets with a carpet cleaner everything was left soaking wet. Why on earth would you clean carpets as soon as we get there and get them all wet?!? The carpets were wet throughout the rest of my stay there and it smelled so bad (like wet dog and smoke). Non smoking room btw!! I don't know what happened before we checked in but the room was obviously occupied. Besides we checked in despite what they told us. I had to leave the air on all night to have circulation (even though it was cold outside!) but I still couldn't sleep from the smell. It kept giving me a headache. Not to mention I had to leave my shoes on all night because the carpet was wet!!

Also for 230$ a night which is what I paid (they said that was the normal price however when I looked online average prices showed 65-85 which is honestly what this place is worth) I expected something nicer. We had cold stuff to eat and drink but the room had no refrigerator!! How can a motel that's 230$ a night not have a mini fridge or a microwave!! I called the front desk because my stuff would go bad if left out and she told me they some of them share a fridge in the front. I will not leave my food and drinks in a community fridge. I ended up throwing out all my stuff I couldn't keep it overnight anyways. What kind of motel is this?

Also the furniture is all marked up and do not look behind any of it - they clearly don't clean their rooms!!! The TV had static on every channel so couldnt get a clear picture. There was no dvd player to watch a movie. I ended up going to bed at 9pm and checked out early at 830 am. This was the worst night away from home I have ever had in my life not to mention the most expensive for such a horrible stay. Do not stay here! The place is nothing as described and definitely not worth more than a 60$ a night stay.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Myself and friends checked into this motel. My friends' room had bugs in it of 2 kinds, one looked like a roach or beetle, and the other kind looked like ants. Lots of them, mostly in the bathroom area. We did make the motel staff aware of the issue, however they were unwilling to either deal with it, or move us to a cleaner room. Make your own call on this one, but I think the staff should have been more willing to assist with this.

Original review: May 6, 2019

We stayed at Motel 6 in Hartford CT. The floor had something that had spilled and dried. Dirty. Pubic hair on the bathroom floor. Bathtub, dirty. The room had 2 beds. One had black chunks of something in between the sheets. Obviously had not been changed. Someone tried to get in our room after we checked in. We had the privacy bar on. I'm glad we did. We will never stay there again.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I just had the worst experience ever with the staff at Motel 6 in Rancho Mirage. I'm in the middle of a family emergency. I was unsure if my ride was coming for me so I borrowed money to get a room, however fifteen minutes later my ride showed up to take me the hundred miles I needed to travel to meet up with my family. I never even entered the room, so I asked the lady at the front desk if you could have a refund. I was assured over and over that once she had enough money in her drawer I'd receive it. I waited for over 6 hrs only to be cussed out by the manager named Connie in the morning and told I would not be receiving any type of compensation. Even though I was promised a refund from her night clerk. Now I feel really cheated of the time my family needs me the most all because of the unprofessional staff at Rancho Mirage Motel 6.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I stayed at a Motel 6 in Palm Springs CA. 3 nights for $525. Much to my surprise I found that there was NO shampoo or conditioner provided. I had to buy each from the vending machine in the lobby for $2.75 each!!! I had to ask for additional towels, a hair dryer, and drinking cups. None of these were in the poorly furnished room. I will never stay in a Motel 6 again.

Original review: April 19, 2019

The front of the motel looked good but there is another story. The room was not clean. Not housekeeping. I had to call to get room clean. The first time was to get the floor swept. This was the just after checking in. The towels was dirty hanging in the bathroom. Spiderwebs in corners of room. The second time was day 2. I was waiting on housekeeping to come clean the room and fresh sheets. No one came but I heard their carts being pushed passed the door several time.

I was getting upset by now. I had to walk down to front office to get room clean. He came and did nothing. Handed me the broom, trashbags, sheets. I had to change my owns, sweep my own room, and put trash bags ever sheets in can. Not one time that he entered my room. I had kids with me so I kept calm. I did not drive 600 plus miles and pay $170.00 for this this. Pay the extra money and go to a quality motel or hotel. The sorry part is that the manager lived on site. Cleanliness was ridiculous. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: April 14, 2019

Oh my God I saw a cute puppy getting mauled by a couple of dogs. My children were crying and scared of these two giant dogs killing a little puppy. What pissed me off is that the dogs were allowed to remain at Motel 6. And no staff members asked the owners of the puppy if they were ok and if dog needs treatment. Very sad. Hope puppy makes it.

Original review: April 2, 2019

It is literally 9:06 pm and I’ve called the front desk five times about my heating system not working. I’ve been calling since 6:30... 4 times (by two different people) I’ve been told someone would be up to look at it, once I was put on hold by a Sonya whom never got back on the phone. My room smells like smoke and the door and window have a draft. The conditioning unit is old and broken. I’ve tried speaking with a supervisor but was told no one was available. I hate that I spent my money here.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I checked in at 5:15 pm, left for a class at 5:30 pm, returned at 10 pm & left at 6 am the next morning. Almost $80.00 with a discount for 1 room, 1 bed. Why the harsh rating? Because the money is for a place to confidently lay down to sleep & be able to shower in the morning to get ready for the day. I don't feel I received that. A clean bed, clean sheets & a clean functional bathroom were my expectation. And I don't like to share my room with crawly things. Positive: First of all, the staff was friendly during my stay, my room was ready, the air conditioner worked, was cold & the toilet was fully functional & clean. So was the Mini-fridge. The towels were adequate.

Negative: the rest of the room & bathroom was in dire need of a thorough cleaning, some repairs & TLC. Sheets were halfway on the mattress & inside-out. Looking at the over-the-bed lights, there were mystery blobs under the glass. I had to share my room with a resident spider & nameless bug, the microwave still had food splatter from previous guests, the storage surfaces were dirty & the electrical outlets were so loose, that the charger kept falling out. I decided against a shower since there was unknown residue in the bathtub, the shower curtain rod was dented & not secured to the wall & the sink handle & other surfaces really needed that thorough cleaning. I found some questionable hairs on the Motel 6 sheets & slept on sheets & pillows I brought with me.

Note to self: this Motel has its washers in the hallway! Not a good idea to get a room anywhere near them! Do not touch the floor without shoes or gloves. Hallway carpets may be wet & squishy. There is no shampoo, hair dryer or coffeemaker provided. I remember Motel 6 from waaay back. No longer the Motel 6 where Tom Bodett “will leave the light on for you".

Original review: March 20, 2019

I've been staying at this location, 2551 Ashley Phosphate Rd, North Charleston, SC 29418, for more than 5 years, 6 visits per year, for work. The most serious complaint I had, in the beginning, was extremely low water pressure at the sink. Little by little in the beginning, they were making small but significant changes for the better, e.g. remodeling the rooms, gradually adding refrigerators and microwaves throughout. But of late, those changes have begun to move in the opposite direction, i.e. for the worse. Instead of increasing the water pressure, they've added a nozzle to the faucet to increase the intensity but not the volume. Now the spray is so strong, water splashes from the sink at even the lowest setting.

I've always used a "Do Not Disturb" sign on all of the motels I stay in and now, this motel at least, no longer permits that. And while I was en route to stay at this location this week, I stopped to get some groceries, knowing that I will be able to have access to a refrigerator and microwave. However, upon arrival, I've discovered that they are gradually removing the microwaves but not before I paid $30 extra for a room with a refrigerator BUT WITHOUT a microwave. So the groceries I purchased will go unused as well as the EXTRA $30! I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS MOTEL AGAIN NOR ANY OTHER MOTEL 6!!!

Original review: March 18, 2019

We conducted our 5 day stay at 3300 Queen City Dr in Charlotte, NC. We were moved to 3 different rooms. All of them have had issues. The first two had black mold on the walls, which I am deathly allergic to. The third room had a water leak in the wall that was causing the ceiling to fall in. I wrote corporate with my complaint and photos. At this time, I still have no response. The rooms at this location have no microwave and no refrigerator. The night before our last scheduled stay, while sitting in my car another renter asked if I had any ** he could purchase. The rooms are unsafe and repulsive.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I’m so disappointed. I can't believe I wasted my money and time staying. I booked a room for one night 02/03/2019. Upon arrival I was caught up with work on my phone and laptop. I was sitting at the desk working away. About and 2 hours later I needed to use the washroom. The toilet seat was nasty. Dry piss all over the seat that means housekeeping did not clean the room. I noticed the floor as well as the sink was dirty. I even have photos to prove it. I then proceeded to check the bed. The sheets were dirty no clean bedding. I contacted front desk and explained to him the room was dirty. He said no refunds and that it's a full house. I told him I would like new clean bedding. This was around 9-10pm he agreed. I waited and waited by midnight still no one had showed up at my room with clean linen and front desk didn't show up.

I was pissed but had to leave for work was running late. The motel smells there's lots of activity in the hall doors slamming, vomit in the stairwell. The place was nasty dusty over all. Management was rude. I would never recommend anyone to stay here not with your family not even for business. This place is absolutely a ** hole. This is what you call the slums. I should have spent the extra $30 and stayed at the Fairfield Inn which was 1 minute away around the corner. Which is way cleaner than Motel 6. Never again. :(

Original review: March 5, 2019

My husband and I checked in late on 3/1/2019. We slept for a little bit and I woke up with something crawling on me and I was itchy, I ran to the bathroom and a bed bug was crawling on me, I woke my husband and we checked both beds and there were adult bed bugs in both beds, we called the front desk and started packing, it took 20 minutes for them to come look and he accused us of bringing them in, are you kidding me? I asked for a refund so we could get out of there, he said no refund, the manager will be back in 1 week and he said, "You can have another room", that is not acceptable, I am sure they all were infested, we are so upset of the attitudes and had to leave in the middle of the night tired and cold and another 770 miles to drive.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

My stay was horrible. My first night no remote they refused to bring one to the room. After a few hours I notice the lost remote was in the (made up bed). Room smelled like filthy mop water. Yes desk and all. Waited all day for toilet paper. The kicker is the BLOODY USED NEEDLES falls in the shower with my son. They offered me one free night or take my money back and leave. PLEASE DON'T SETTLE WHEN YOU SHOULDN'T. Customer service horrible.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

So me and my husband rented a hotel for a couple nights to get away... Paid 145 total for two nights and both nights there were people running in and out of the rooms constantly slamming doors and smell of drugs and then selling drugs out of this establishment! We hardly slept. Could not enjoy ourself at all! Went to front desk and she tried to get rude with me when I already called and complained once about this and it kept happening. They didn’t offer to do anything about it etc. This place is a joke. By far the worst place I’ve ever stayed and wasted our money on! Something needs to be done about this.

If I was you I wouldn’t stay at the Motel 6 in Southport Indiana! We are very upset about this situation. Even more so no one is willing to do anything about it! Hopefully they will at least try to make this right because the BBB will have a field day with this place also so would FB word of mouth from your guest is your future business and the reviews I have and will make known will have a effect!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I enjoyed the room, peace of mind and free coffee. The room was nice and clean, bathroom the same. No bad smells or trash all over the place. I will be going back next week. My daughter and wife were very comfortable and that's one thing that's special to me. If my family like it, then I love it.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Attempt to disenfranchise you from your room for 2hr. Say it's po@ check. Front desk staff rude. Manager refuses to hear or address complaints and when cont corporate office even ruder. But if looking for a place to shoot ** and or smoke ** this is the place for you! Fort Detrick location which is corporate location.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Sometimes I stay longer due to the relaxing experience. Been throughout the states using Motel 6. Great value for my dollar. Staff always friendly and accommodating. I feel safe at night when my family puts their heads down. I'm a repeat customer.

Motel 6 Company Information