Motel 6

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I stayed at this motel over the weekend and I noticed the room was fixed properly and everything was very comfortable. I also noticed a maintenance person. I asked him his name and he said Henry and he helped me unclog the toilet. He was very respectful and nice. And I will be return back to this location.

Overnight trip was scheduled for Friday September 1st. I found out it was canceled on August 31st, so I called the hotel in Maryland Heights, MO Thursday evening to cancel. The lady I spoke with at the front desk said no problem and said it was canceled. Two days later, I'm billed for the room and listed as a no show. I can provide my phone records to show that I called to cancel that Thursday, but somehow a Motel6 can only look back at the previous 100 calls, so they have no record that I called to cancel. Mistakes happen - I get it. The lady at the front desk forgot to do something obviously, but the responses I received from the customer service and manager were disconcerting at best. I will never stay at another hotel from this chain again.

On August 31, 2017, by mistake I made two reservations. Upon checking in one reservation was canceled. When we went to our room we had to leave due to the odor. We checked out and our money was reimbursed. And next day Sept 1st the $60.74 was drawn out of my account again. I don't understand how they just tampered with my account with no permission!

Motel 6 lost hills, CA. - This place was disgusting. Gap in door letting black bugs in. Mold on window. Cakes dirt in corners. Baseboards were black. Shower was awful. Peeling tape, dirty drain and caulking dirty and peeling. Could not take a shower. Parking lot needed cleaning.

So I had to stay at Motel 6 North York. I started getting bug bites so they tried to give me another room which had dead cockroaches all over the floor and one crawling up the wall! Do not stay there. It is filthy!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motel 6?

I stayed at this motel September 3 - 4, 2017. This hotel is a disgrace to the Motel 6 brand. The hotel is filthy, infested with roaches, I found one crawling in my hair, no working phone, the bathroom are filthy and full of graffiti. The elevator is in poor condition. The manager cannot be reached. I stayed in one room 10 min because there was menstrual blood and trash in bathroom, next room was horrible infested with roaches.

I mean complete infestation with roaches nest all over bathroom. I stayed in 5 minutes before demanding refund. I was told I will have to wait until 8 am, I was forced to stay here after moved to 3rd room, it was dirty, towels are dingy, microwave had someone else food in it. I'm not looking for luxury with motel 6, but I do expect it to be clean, bug free, drug free, and filth free. This so below motel 6 standards. Please look into this place ASAP.

While traveling home from a long trip, my husband could not drive any longer. We decided to stop for the night at a motel/hotel that was nearest to the highway we were traveling. The only one available was a Motel 6 in the area of Humberg or Hamburg PA. When we entered the room, we were very shocked at how dirty, smelly and just plain filthy!!! The room evidently was a smoking room. That was not what we asked for. Due to no other room availability, we had little to no choice where to stay. We checked in at approximately 12:30 am. When we awoke in the morning, the room was visible, we packed what we had with us and left!!! Upon arriving home, we both took every item of clothing and toiletry items were either washed 3 times or thrown away!!! Please pass this message on to Motel 6 Corp? They need to know just how trashy conditions of that particular facility!!! Thank you for your time.

I would give -0 if I could. I was treated terrible by their night auditor at this location. I had to cancel my reservation because of the hurricane. Due to a natural disaster no fault of my own. I personally am safe but the towns around me are flooded and as a result, flights got delayed and canceled. I have already filed a BBB complaint, however, I will document everywhere I can find to make sure people know how DISGUSTING the service was. The auditor was abusive, condescending, rude, crass, argumentative and just downright ugly. I called guest relations and magically things get addressed. This shows me someone was lying. I am also going to share on all my social media accounts. They will not get away with this. I have posted this complaint on twitter, pissed consumer, yelp, here, I am just getting started. You NEVER treat a customer with disdain or contempt EVER.

Well let's start with the smell of pot EVERYWHERE and if you want a manager he will not talk to you and when you say there is a dog barking 24 hours 7 days a week they do nothing. Drug dealers try to sell you stuff at the pool. The only good thing is that the Milford police drive through every hour. I found a drug pipe under the chair in my room the 4th day when I ask the maid if I could vacuum my room. How good could my room have to been cleaned before. Now after my boyfriend complained they want to send maid service to our room after 17 days. WOW. That room is cleaner than when we rented it. I EVEN CLEAN THE TOILET!!! THIS PLACE IS BAD!!! HOPE THIS PLACE GETS CHECKED OUT!!! UNDER NEW OWNERS IT CAN BE NICE!!! I feel bad for the families that are paying too much for their kid inhaling pot all day!!! The owner need rehab.

Upon check in: Need more towels. Burn hole in pillowcase. Dirty bedspreads. Broken toilet tank lid. Toilet tank would not fill. Used ice bucket with water to flush toilet. Smoke alarm beeped every 90 sec. Needed new battery. Bathroom door would not shut completely for privacy. Complained to duty clerk at 10:30 P.M. Told to check with owner in A.M. Checked with duty clerk at 8 A.M. Told to come back later. We had to leave and called again about 10 A.M. Owner still not there, was told that the owner would return my call and gave the clerk my cell #. Called again on 8/21/2017 at 2:00 P.M. EDT, owner still not there, duty clerk took my phone # again and was told to expect a return call.

Motel 6 195 E. Tropicana Las vegas, NV. - Came to front desk and asked for manager and was told he was running errands. I then explained to them my issue and they had a big security guard rudely get in my face and push me out the door. I was frightened by these ** people and embarrassed. I would recommend to not stay here or even come close especially if you have children.

My friend and I along with our sons' was traveling from Atlanta, GA to Chattanooga, TN. We decided to stay overnight in East Ridge, Tn. We arrived at approx 3:50 pm and paid 70.00 cash for a room with 2 double beds. It was hot out and boys wanted to go swim. So we put our stuff in room and went to pool for couple hours. About 10:00 we were all ready to settle in for evening, I pulled a nasty stained thin bed cover back and to my surprise there was a dead bug on sheet. EWWW... It gets much worse. I just took that sheet off bed and was ok with just one sheet. Around midnight I was awoken by an intense urge to scratch my feet and legs. My friend Christy was already awake with same problem. So were our sons - we pulled covers back and was shocked -- there was bed bug feces along with blood stains on mattress. I ran into the bathroom and threw up for 10 min.

We took pics of the vile and unsanitary conditions we saw. Around 2:30 in morning we all agreed to cut our vacation short and go home! So I went to the office and told lady working (didn't get her name but she was a ** lady working the night shift on Fri Aug 18th thru Sat am Aug 19th 2017.) that we were leaving due to bedbugs and I wanted my money back or at least half of it. She said No she couldn't do that, I advised her I was calling Tenn board of health, BBB, filing a bed bug report -- and by the way Motel 6 has another complaint from 2016 that never got any attention or resolved. DON'T STAY AT MOTEL 6 -- EAST RIDGE TN!!!

Motel 6 in front royal VA - I arrived at the motel to find out that the pool outside was drained and that's the main reason I have stayed here in the past. I specifically reserved a room with 2 double beds on 1st floor a month in advance and I ended up with a King bed and the room had no table to sit at. The sink in the bathroom was so small that I had no room to put my toiletries. The door had a gap around it after it was shut big enough to see thru if needed.

The Lobby had to have been 90 degrees and there was no coffee pot in the room and the coffee pot in the lobby was so small that it had to continuously be filled and the coffee was so bad that we ended up at 7-11 getting coffee. This is a ridiculous place and we will never stay there again. Housekeeping came in and emptied my trash and did not even clean bathroom or make bed up.There was hair in the bathtub :( When I opened the drawer in the nightstand it fell over because it was being held up by a piece of wood...

Motel 6 in Roswell, NM is by far the most disgusting place I have ever stayed at. The bathroom was dirty, smelled like pee and the towels were dingy with hair on them. The comforter had blood on it and the sheets were dirty. The clerk was outside arguing with her boyfriend while people were ready to check in and there were people smoking ** in the elevator. Not a family motel at all and I will never stay at another Motel 6 again.

Hotel in Seaford, DE charged me $141 for a king room. When I called Motel 6 headquarters to complain, all the representative did was argue with me. He hardly let me speak without interruption. So, I came here. Disgusting and dirty room. For $141, all I got was a bed, 2 hard chairs, table with TV, dirty and disgusting bathroom, toilet seat not secured, microwave and fridge (which I didn't even want to look in). Everything skeeved me out. There were no tissues, no alarm clock, no toiletries, no hair dryer, no extra pillows (king bed only came with 3), no extra blankets, no closet, no coffee maker. The walls had holes and were very dirty. I felt very dirty and unsafe. I didn't even shower there in the morning. I would have preferred to sleep in my car. DISGUSTING!!!

Okay I stayed in Sylmar hotel Motel 6 and I was very disappointed to say the least. The people in front were absolutely the rudest people I've ever spoken to. They judge me because I was dirty from work they spied on me the whole time. I could hear him walking outside the door making rude comments. Later that day I got back to my room late and it seemed like someone was going through my stuff so I looked around things seem weird. I look up in the AC vent and there I found liquid LSD believe it or not wow I took it with me for sample. Then the next week I try to check in on Monday and they said that I had damaged room call my boss made a big stink about it claim that I broke everything in there and I had thousands of dollars worth of damage obviously the maintenance wanted his LSD back... That wasn't going to happen so they called my boss and said I damaged the room.

I have not done anything wrong I might have left a couple pieces of trash on the ground but other than that the room was just like I found it. These people are drug artists and they seem to be running a racket of prostitution or something and over there this is a rooms and Sylmar you probably can't sleep there cuz all night long I hear people babbling and stuff going on around me this is the worst place I've ever stayed.

I stay at Motel 6 Anaheim-Fullerton in CA. This hotel is nothing as what you see on the website. The rooms say nonsmoking but it's not. It smells very bad, strong cigarette odor. The white sheet on the bed had stains. The bathroom tub was dirty. The outside of the property was nasty. If you can, please never stay at this cheap nasty motel.

I am writing this because... I have been staying in Motel 6 in Palm Springs and aside from being greeted by Jasmine ** sweet young lady… who was awesome. We also got another person who was though did accommodate our request... with a not so great attitude. I was bothered and asked her for her name and last name. She told me it's inappropriate to ask her for last name!!! And the fact that she made me feel? Meh... this is not the way you make a guest feel. RETRAIN YOUR EMPLOYEES. AND USE DISNEYLAND’S MOTTO... THE CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT... BUT THEY ARE... OUR GUEST.

DO NOT STAY AT THE MOTEL 6 IN FARMINGTON, NM OR THE MOTEL 6 IN SANTA ANA/IRVINE CA AT 1717 DYER RD ORANGE COUNTY AIRPORT LOCATIONS!!! Let me start by saying that I have stayed at Motel 6 since I was a child with my mom on vacations and they were always clean, safe, and reasonably priced! That's when they were American owned and operated. Now they're mostly owned by middle eastern people who are very rude and the rooms are nasty and the types of people that hang around them is appalling! I recently took a two week long road trip with my 12 yr old daughter and my sister from north central Texas to the four corners, Winslow AZ, Grand Canyon, Sequoia National Park, San Francisco, Los Angeles, White Sands NM, and Roswell NM.

Our first stop was in Farmington NM at a Motel 6 on June 27, 2017. We got there and the room was DISGUSTING. Huge stain on the carpet that appeared to be blood that hadn't even attempted to be cleaned and the same thing splattered all over the drapes. The stench in the room was atrocious! To the point we wondered if someone had been murdered in there. My daughter would start coughing every time she walked in the room and she has asthma. After 2 hrs of trying to air the room out and soaking everything with Febreeze, while my daughter was in the pool so she didn't have to breath it, we still couldn't get the horrible smell out and my daughter continued to cough every time she walked in to the point her chest and throat were burning and I was afraid of a full blown asthma attack.

So despite the fact that we had just driven 20 hrs and it was getting late we decided to get a refund and found somewhere else to stay. The lady at the front desk was extremely nice and understanding. I would like to point out that she was an American. She had me fill out a form and my refund was back in my bank within 48 hrs. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone simply because of the nastiness and the people that hung around outside that had apparently had their brains permanently fried from drug use. But the ladies at the front desk were very helpful and hospitable.

Now for our next Motel 6 experience on the same trip. This was on July 3, 2017. Motel 6 Santa Ana CA 1717 Dyer Dr near the Orange Co Airport. Again it was late when we got there and there was a gentleman in the lobby waiting on a manager for a refund because his room was so disgusting. Staff was extremely rude and unaccommodating from the time we walked in. But we decided to give it a shot thinking maybe the other guy was just really picky and we tried to just ignore the rudeness of the staff, it was late and we knew it would be hard to find a room around LA that was reasonably priced the day before a holiday. I asked for a room downstairs Or a building with elevators because im disabled and stairs are hard for me. We were given an upstairs room but in a building that had no elevators. Still we decided to tough it out.

We finally found the building with our room in it with no help from the staff. It's a closed building with the room doors inside. We asked for nonsmoking as my daughter has asthma. We opened the outside door to the hallway that our room was on and the smell of ** smoke was so strong it almost knocked us down and the smoke was thick. We hurry to the room to get out of the smoke and it was so bad our empty room smelled like it too! There were cigarette burns all over the floor, furniture, and bedding. The sheets were filthy and there was an ashtray in the room. I called the front desk and the man who answered was rude. I explained the situation and told him we asked for non smoking. He told me that the side of the hallway we were on was non smoking but the other side of the hall was smoking. (Like smoke doesn't travel). He said we could have a refund so I told him I would be down to discuss it and hung up.

My daughter and I went back to the front desk and I asked the man to do something about the other guests smoking ** so much that it was getting into our "nonsmoking" room. He told me I would have to call the police. I told him that it was not my job to deal with other guests and he should call them. He called and after a very short phone call he told me there was nothing anyone could do because ** is legal in California so I told him I would be back and we went back to the room where my sister was waiting. Between my sister and I both searching we finally found a different motel that wasn't too far away and was more expensive but we kind of had no choice. I could NOT let my child stay somewhere and breath that in. Not to mention the way the justice system works today I would've gone to jail for child endangerment for staying there and "letting" her breath it.

I went back down to the desk and asked for my refund. He got out a piece of paper and wrote our room number which was the WRONG room number. I asked him to change it 3 times to which he finally replied "I'll change it when I get ready to change it." After he filled some more stuff out he told me he would give it to the manager in the morning because he couldn't do the refund himself. I asked for a receipt or something in writing showing I would get my refund. He told me they have no way of printing receipts but he would give me a copy of the little paper he filled out for the manager which STILL had the wrong room number on it so of course I refused that. He said he could call the police again. I asked for what. Calling the first time didn't help any and he proceeded to tell me they would remove ME from the property for causing a disturbance! Because I wanted proof I was getting my refund?!

I told him it was ** and slid the room keys across the counter so they would be on his side of the desk and he wouldn't be able to claim that I didn't turn them in and I left. I called the motel back the next day to speak with the manager, who was of middle eastern descent by the way, and was told he didn't know if I would get a refund because the clerk from the night before told him that I THREW the room key cards at him! He would need to review the security video. I told him "Please do. I didn't throw anything." He also said since the police were called I was probably not entitled to a refund. I explained that the police were not called ON me they were called FOR me about the other guests smoking marijuana. He said it was up to corporate so I asked for corporate's number. Got it. I called and asked if it was corporate and was told yes so I proceeded to explain everything.

She put me on hold and called the manager and was told that I would be refunded the entire amount but the first night had already been refunded and the second night would be refunded but it would show up in my acct a day after the first night. "Corporate" told me that if it wasn't back in my acct within 3 days then I should call them back. Ok. Fine. After 3 days I still had no refund so I called corporate back to find out that it wasn't actually corporate it was the customer relations dept which might be part of corporate but not the main part I wanted to talk to. Anyway the man that answered escalated the issue and transferred me to someone "higher" up. This lady also checked with the manager while I was on hold and told me only the first night was refunded and I explained to her the separate dates yadda yadda yadda so she puts me on hold again.

Comes back and confirms that yes I was getting the entire amount but in two separate transactions. And when I told her I still had NO refund at all she puts me back on hold. While I was on hold I googled Motel 6 corporate and got a completely different number and called from my sister's phone. During this time I had been on hold for 24 min with the customer relations lady on MY phone at which time the call "disconnected." I continue to go over everything with the lady from the new "corporate" number and after being put on hold several times she also tells me I get a full refund but in two separate payments but it could be up to 15 days but their end shows it's been refunded so I should call my bank because they probably have it on hold. Finally the first nights refund shows up in my acct.

Days later after I'm back home from our trip. I still don't have the second night's refund and no manager has ever called me back. I had made calls to the actual Motel 6 in between calling corporate and customer relations to speak with the manager. Manager was either not there or was in meetings etc but never available to talk to me so a msg would be left for him to call. Never did. Still hasnt as of July 15, 2017. So I call my bank. They're not holding anything. There simply hasn't been a refund issued. Call "corporate" back. Now the story is "we don't know if you're getting a refund or not for night 2. It has just now made it to the motel';s assistant general manager and if you file a dispute through your bank then you definitely will not get a refund. Someone from corporate or the asst gen mgr of the motel will call you back within 24-48 hrs to let you know whats going on."

Surprise surprise it's been well over that timeline and no call. I called my bank back and was told to wait the full 15 days and if I still don't have a refund for the second night then they will refund my money and go after Motel 6 to get reimbursed since I didn't stay either night at the motel. Well what do you know? I FINALLY got my refund for the second night also just ONE day before my bank would've gone after them! No one should be treated the way we were treated and I'm sure I have been added to the "no rent list" that I've seen other customers talk about but no skin off of my back. I didn't plan on using a Motel 6 again anyway!?? I will miss the American owned or operated one on beach blvd across the street from the beach in Biloxi Beach MS. They are always clean, safe feeling, accommodating, and reasonably priced!

Manager at hotel is very rude and discriminates against certain people according to their color or status financially. He constantly yelling at people as if he’s superior and degrades people. Talking to people as if he has no regard for humanity. Stayed here very many times and the price on the rooms is a set price and pets are always free at Motel 6 yet he charges more at times and always insists on cash. And charges me ten dollars more for each person. Says price set is for one person and ten additional for each person. I’m paying 80 for a single bed 2 people when price on ad says 58 for 2. Whenever he talks to people he yells. Never in a normal voice. He is constantly arguing with guests and fighting. And he never gives receipts.

On June 5th 2017 I checked into the motel 6 in Wausau Wisconsin for one week, upon my stay I was not told that I had to clean my own room during my 7 day stay. After 3 days I contacted the front desk to ask if they could clean my room and was told no to do it myself, so I asked to have another room that was cleaned and was told no I could not have another room.

After the 2nd day of being there someone sent the police to my room and tried to have me arrested because I would not give them several hundreds of dollars that they requested so they kept calling the cops on me because I would not let them rob me. I asked for my money back so that I could leave and was told no and asked to speak to a manager and was told no and given a number to a housekeeper pretending to be the manager, I tried to call and reserve another room and the staff was very rude and kept hanging up on me each time I tried to ask them a question.

After I tried to pay for another day I was told to leave immediately, that I was not welcomed to stay at the motel ever again because someone called the cops on me and told that I could not speak to a supervisor or manager to just leave. I would like my money back for the inconvenience of rushing me out within a 15 minute notice and harassing me with the police.

I have 2 small dogs and every place I looked wanted for me to pay for them just to sleep on the floor but Motel 6 was understanding of this and as long as your pets are behaved not a problem. I thank them for this and give them a great review. Motel 6 hwy 30 West Ft Worth Tx - great place and great people. Thank you.

I thought Motel 6 was supposed to be designed for those love to travel but are on a budget. I chose Motel 6 because I have a friend that loves to enjoy life like everyone else but not rich. I certainly don't expect it to be anything like the Waldorf Astoria Hotel but the most important requirements are that it be clean and decent and in working order. At least the air conditioner and the shower and lights were working but the sheets were dirty with lipstick stains, the bedspread was damaged with cigarette burns and the room reeked of cigarette smoke and we chose non-smoking.

The cashier was unprofessional, I had to ask for my receipt after I paid. I can forego amenities including TV, pool, free coffee and free breakfast but NO ONE should have to sleep in dirty sheets. We are human beings, not pigs. Never again will I even give second thought to Motel 6 nor would I even recommend it to my worst enemy. Better get your act together and improve or you will spiral downwards and eventually be out of business.

I booked a room for the Motel 6 in Altoona, LA on Booking.com. Room was filthy. 1st room was so dirty, refused that room. I paid an additional $40 for a "suite," as this was all that was available. Second room was dirty, urine on the toilet and floor, shower curtain was moldy, all floors dirty as well as refrigerator and freezer. I spent over an hour cleaning my room, as it was after 1 am and rooms in that area were booked, and did not want my family to stay in that squalor. (Also, I knew no cleaning staff was available at that time). I was given one night stay for free (was staying 3 nights), and was assured room would be cleaned before I returned that day from the amusement park. It was. Next day when I left for the park, I asked if my room would be cleaned, and Management assured me it would. It was not.

No clean towels, garbages not emptied, beds not made. Management stated she did not know what I wanted her to do, she stated, "I yell at the cleaning staff and they don't listen to me." Another guest was there speaking with her about his shower being rusty and not working. She was very rude to him, and spoke down to him. Management was so rude and uncaring of issues. Housekeeping room (directly across from my room) smelled of ** smoke, which my family had to walk through. Do not stay here!! I stayed here 2 years ago, and it was a nice, clean, wonderful experience. This was terrible!! Have contacted corporate with my concerns!!

Nasty hotel. I just stayed at Motel 6 for 5 days in Texas City Texas. The motel was under construction. I did not know that. The first night the tv was not working so I reported it. A man came and took cover off cable, shook it around and said he would come in the morning to fix it. I waited he never showed up. I notified the office again and nobody showed up. Never got tv working properly. My room had roaches in it which did not sit too well with me. I went out to swim in the pool and it was filthy. You could not even see the bottom. Don't know when it was cleaned last. I never got in. Also there was a syringe on the ground as kids were playing by the table at the pool. I'll never stay at another Motel 6 ever. Now I see why they are so cheap to stay at.

I would like to leave a review for a Motel 6 in West Des Moines Iowa. The room we stayed in was very unsatisfactory. The bathroom tub/shower was a problem. It was a triangle shape with a handicap seat. Both the tub and shower were uncomfortable to use; there was no room. The lights in the room would flicker on, and the light switches were installed upside down, which is a safety hazard.

After a very exhausting and stressful day, around 3 a my hubby and I went to Motel 6 Old Sacramento off Richard's Blvd in Sacramento, CA building #1305. First off let begin with while checking in mind you it's 3a... They're in the process of already "evicting" a family of two boys younger than 5. One of the workers were new! So I tell him I want one night not knowing how this hotel policy is and get checked in. Around 12:30, one of housekeeping came and knocked on the door hella loud and kept knocking til I answered, then questioned me if I'm supposed to be in the room and asked if I paid, umm yes I paid just totally rude. So an hour passes by she comes back, knocks on the door and then even opened my dam door but she couldn't open it completely 'cause I had the lock on so I tell her that was wrong, hear the lady from HOUSEKEEPING telling me I didn't pay, where's the staff??

So I go talk to the office and I basically told her I paid and blah blah, so then she said, "Oh I'm sorry bout that I'ma leave a note for my manager," okay thanks then I get a call back in 45 mins later from her saying basically her manager said I gotta go 'cause after a certain time I guess then it counts for the next day. Wait. what??? Let me talk to him myself please, he now gets on the phone, sounding frustrated and now rude and basically treating me like I'm one of these bums tryna get over on him which is not the case. I never ever... left after check out time which I thought it's 11a but now it's 12p. I'm trying to explain everything to this man, and telling him if I knew it was just 4/6 hours I would of never paid 102 dam dollars. I even had my kids with me at that time. He straight told me I'm way past my time to check out, and I have 10 minutes to leave his premises or he'll call security!!!

Woohh I'm leaving, I'm leaving... like dude at least understand the confusion we had not flash on me and treat me and my kids like crap. Ohh but he did offer 5 percent discount if I wanted to say... umm no I'm leaving, not gonna be around all these people that hates their jobs so makes my stay hell. Asked the manager what his name was and he said PJ I believe I said what's your last, he cut me off and said you don't need my last name. That's all you need. I have NEVER been treated with messed up customer service on top of him saying I need receipt, the guy never gave me one.

So basically me and my family left, felt the uncomfortable hospitality and drive off. Just found my pink paper you're supposed to have in your car at all times... and I knew I wasn't crazy... but I honestly feel I shouldn't been treated like that way. He shouldn't be a manager if he can't even lead in his staff about customer service and hospitality when those are the main two things that should be judged when hiring.

OH and when my family tried to go to the Motel 6 in West sac later that day, the lady scanned my ID and told me she go not rent to me, and that I'm banned from EVERY MOTEL 6!! I'm just so disrespected, frustrated and just wanted to break but I know I could tell my story so they know what kind of employees they have at that location. All the other ones... thumbs up!! Specially on Elsie... Love em!!

My experience is limited as my associate was asked to leave 1 hour after I paid for the night as he is an employee for me in that area. After they took my money, they saw the gentleman that was staying there and refused to let him stay. I went back the next morning to ask for my money back and the manager refused a refund. I plan to sue them in small claims as it is the principle and not the amount I am after. They took my money knowing very well that they were not going to let my associate stay.

This is a FRAUD and I want to let the country know it. Motel 6 is a TERRIBLE place to stay at. In reading some of the reviews, many others have experienced similar situations and I find that this is going on everywhere. I personally will advertise (for free) how bad Motel 6 is and will applaud the day that they go out of business and fire their discourteous manager employees. Last word to the wise, DON'T STAY HERE!

MOTEL 6 - 1500 McCullough Blvd. Tupelo MS - Bedding, comforter, floor & bathroom are filthy. My husband and I drove over 1,000 miles and we are exhausted. It's been awhile since we stayed at Motel 6. It was not fancy but it was always clean. I was astounded that anyone has the nerve to charge guests to stay here!!! I asked for a new bedspread, as the old one had cigarette burns and old gum stuck all over it and received one that was worse. It has cigarette holes, bodily fluids, some kind of sticky black matter all over it. It smells like cigarettes and sex... And this was supposed to be a better comforter? I'm so angry... I'm laying on my rain coat, as there are sex stains on the bed. My beach towel is over me as I dare not use the sheet or comforter. I kept my clothes on, as did my husband. He used the beach towel under him with his rain coat as a cover. I have NEVER stayed in a hotel this nasty.

SHAME ON MOTEL 6. The only positive note, the lady who checked us in was pleasant. My husband was also upset thinking that a company like Travelocity would NEVER list such a hotel. Shame on them too! They are going to lose our business. If things were not bad enough I went to change the toilet roll... What I thought was all rust isn't. There is human feces where the toilet paper hangs. Thank God for hand sanitizer as there is not any soap or shampoo! This was beyond disgusting. I have dogs, while they can have some nasty behaviors. They have the good sense not to soil where they lay or eat. I can't say the same for whomever stayed here and for Motel 6, who steals your money with false advertisement, that thinks this is nastiness is acceptable to humans.

On Friday June 23rd I arrived at the Lake Tahoe Motel Six at 6pm... The person at the desk was inept at handling the computer for check in and had no list of rooms that were ready. He said he had only been doing the front desk job for about a week and he probably would quit... Good attitude. There were six people waiting ahead of me with one woman had been waiting since 3pm to check in. She finally got a room and a key, came right back and said the door was open and there was stuff on the floor. Another person got a key and came right back and said the key did not work and it sounded like someone was in the room.

When they finally got to me, they checked my info in but said they could not give me a room for at least an hour because of the lack of room that were ready. At that time I said the hell with it and took my name off the reservation list. Went about a mile down the street and immediately found a room and paid double the rate Motel Six charged which was $200. Motel Six was a $100. I guess it is true that you get what you pay for. I will never book a room at another Motel Six and Tom Bodett will not be leaving the light on for me. Maybe Motel Six could refund the $100 difference between the two places... Ha! Ha!

Motel 6 Company Profile