3.11/5

Looking for a travel site?

Motel 6

Looking for a travel site?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Motel 6 Reviews

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

The Motel 6 at 8285 Phillips Hwy in Jacksonville, FL, just south of Baymeadows Road, is an excellent motel in every way. General Manager **, and Assistant Manager **, and **, and all of the staff, are all exceptionally nice and will always help whenever there is any difficulty or concern. For example I had a concern about certain noise, and they resolved that situation immediately, and on another occasion I had a concern about some cigarette smoke, and they also resolved that situation right away. I would recommend this motel to anyone who wants to be sure that the managers and staff really care about the guest and are wonderfully nice and helpful at all times.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have been coming to Ft Bragg for about 5 years now, and every time, I am pleased with the overall experience of this Motel 6, the cleanliness of the rooms and the pool and spa area. Omie is always helpful in getting me the right room, and has been helpful with special details when I have booked the clubhouse for birthday parties, including posting a personalised birthday banner on the clubhouse marquis. Tim is always friendly, my son says he is the nicest one, he has even helped to jump start my car when I left my lights on and the battery was dead. There is plenty of parking, shopping is within walking distance and dogs are always welcome. Normally I don’t stay at Motel 6, but this one is a cut above the rest.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: May 14, 2019

I think Frankie is the Greatest (Motel 6 - Orange Park, FL 6107 Youngerman Circle, Jacksonville FL 32244). She provides me with a scope of Motel 6 reservation and location of Philips highway, Youngman Circle and Baymeadows. She suggests rates change Sunday through Monday so to keep up with Motel 6 rates go line research different rates and location. This creates quality service for Management of Communication, Time and Travel. Building investments with Motel 6 services and locations implements great shareholders experience for Motel 6 stakeholders Motel 6, Studio 6 or Hotel 6 properties.

MarQuetteus

Original review: March 29, 2019

My husband, daughter and myself stayed at Motel 6 and it was great. The room was clean and well stocked. The updates to the rooms are really nice. The towels, sheets and bedding were very clean and the room smelled amazing. The bathroom was spotless. The motel is quiet all night. We all slept like babies. The cleaning crew were so nice and polite. They made sure we had everything we needed and wanted. When they promise to bring something back they always did. The front desk staff was super. They were polite and so friendly. Shoutout to Sandy (housekeeper), Channing (front desk), Demetria (front desk), Marie (front desk) and to everyone else who names I didn't learn. Overall the rooms are clean, staff friendly and the prices are right. Thank you all.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

The people here are very friendly, the rooms aren't bad for the buck, decently priced and with a nice flat screened tv in them... Beds were comfortable to sleep on, towels provided and the walls looked spacious compared to many places I've seen before priced at this rate!!! There isn't any complimentary breakfast, however they make up for it in the rooms provided, given the many outlets and how you can bring your pot cooker if you wanted to, lol.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motel 6?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2019

I have been staying at this hotel for several months now due to a job placement. I can write many bad things about this Motel 6 in Whitby and some good things but I will keep this to one complaint that has extremely pissed me off. I was tired of waiting for the use of the one and only microwave to eat so I went and bought a small one and put it in my room. I have had it a month now and while I was using it tonight the breaker went in my room only. I went to front desk and told her what happened and she replied that I am not allowed to have one in my room (I never knew this) but anyways she said there is nothing she could do til 8am??? It’s 8pm now and people are still awake to call like a manager or maintenance, I even suggested to do it myself, she then replied, "I don’t know where the electrical room is."

I told her this was unacceptable and asked her to be moved to another room, she then sat down and continued to read her book and totally ignored me. I called complaints. They said they can’t do anything about it? So that was my rant. I am still in the room with no power for the night I guess. What if the whole building went down? I bet someone would be called then. She the only employee that doesn’t get along with customers and does not get off her ass for anything other than home time.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Monica is very sweet and very respectful. I have nothing but great responses for this place. I highly recommend this place and the room was very neat. I really appreciate them and Monica was the best!! I recommend anyone to stay here. You wont be disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

I would hug the staff if allowed. Great customer service and very knowledgeable about the area. Great recommendations. And they Laughed at my jokes. I would definitely stay here again. Best deal overall.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

Had 2 rooms at Motel 6 Conway Arkansas...The curtain was ripped, a large hole was patched in the bathtub, and the chair and ottoman had truly obscene looking stains. Made reservations for two rooms, single beds, non-smoking, but it took over half an hour to have their mistakes corrected and get what we had reserved. Not recommended.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I made a reservation for a senior disabled relative for 3 nights. I called Motel 6 and got their reservation call center. I didn't know: they have an internal war going on between their reservations call center and desk clerks. That no one at Motel 6 can agree on policy for reservations. And policy is made up as their desk clerks please. The customer is always wrong. The Motel 6 reservations call center made my reservation very quick and easy. No problem with 3rd party, just have relative give authorization code and show ID. I asked several times if I or she needed to do anything else. Nothing else needed. I got an email confirmation, including approval of authorization of 3rd party reservation. All set.

She arrived only to be told that 3rd party reservations weren't allowed at that motel 6 by the hotel clerk. She was Not allowed to check in. Desk clerk canceled my reservation. The desk clerks have all the power to do anything they please. It took three motel 6, and in a different city, just to get a clerk that would accept 3rd party reservations without other requirements. Each motel desk clerk had their own different set of rules. The Night Clerk was very nice at the 3rd motel 6, and got her a disability room even though by now quite late at night. She was enjoying her stay away from home so I made an extended reservation for one more night, early on the last morning. And I got the confirmation email at 7:11 am for the extended 1 night. I let her know everything was approved for 1 extra day to relax before leaving.

At about 11:30 am (hours after the reservation had been made for 1 more day) DAY Clerk, a evil minded, mean spirited, rotten, despicable, obnoxious, sadistic person Called her to rudely cruelly berate her and order her out of the room in 15 minutes. That my extra day confirmed reservation was not being allowed by this completely obnoxious incompetent clerk. She wouldn't even allow an extra 15 minutes to take a shower, she refused and ordered her out in 15 minutes no exception. She canceled my reservation, just like the 1st clerk 3 nights before had.

I spoke to their so called customer service for Motel 6 (No managers). All they did was call the sadistic incompetent hotel clerk and parrot what she claimed: That my 3rd party reservation was not allowed. (My relative had already been with them 3 nights on my 3rd party reservation which was allowed by this motel when she checked in 3 nights before.) That I had used their reservations call center and it was not allowed to extend room reservations except by desk clerks not the reservation center. (Obviously they are having a power struggle internally but they have no right to kick out customers with Email Confirmed Reservation just because of a petty battle between hotel clerks and their own reservations center.) And if only desk clerks can extend stays, then why did the reservations center not tell me that and direct me to the desk clerk. Total BS.

Motel 6 and their desk clerks can never be wrong, and the customer must always be wrong. Their final solution: that after my senior disabled relative had been so obnoxiously harshly ordered to leave, she should have checked out, and then rechecked back in paying for another night (on her own). They act like obnoxiously ordering a senior disabled person out of her room in 15 minutes, who had written reservation confirmation for 1 more day, Was not to kick her out, Just to force her to recheck in through the desk clerk instead of through their own reservations call center, To satisfy the sadistic power crazed totally incompetent desk clerk. The clerk certainly didn't invite my relative to continue to stay when she so despicably inexcusably kicked her out.

Motel 6 is Insane. And totally disgusting! Email confirmation by their Own Reservations call center are Worthless to them. They will Not honor them and the desk clerks have the power to cancel reservations on their end. Each desk clerk decides policy and has final say. Not just motel to motel, but each desk clerk at the same motel. There is no authority to regulate motel clerks nor provide a uniform decision. They apologize for the obnoxious treatment, but not for refusing to accept a Confirmed Reservation by their Own Reservations Center and kicking out a paying customer. If they don't want 3rd party reservations, they can just say No, Don't say Yes and then mistreat the customer. Despicable people.

No one from the Top will take any responsibility nor accountability. They seem to have no managers. Desk clerks are given the power to do whatever they please. Their corporate office won't let anyone past the operator, that it's not their problem. Their so called customer service won't do anything about it

nor provide any compensation. They claim they can do nothing. And nothing is wrong. They did not charge for wrongfully cruelly kicking my relative out of her room, so everything is fine. Our fault for 3rd party reservation, and for using their reservations call center, and not rechecking in through desk clerk. Email confirmation meaningless. Their having accepted 3rd party reservation for 3 nights, meaningless. That they are invalidating their Own Reservations center, no problem.

They have major internal problems With no authority to direct nor resolve. So the customers are the ones blamed and mistreated, and left out in the cold. We the customers to not count for anything with Motel 6. Their bottom line is they don't care, they will not make anything right. They will not compensate, they will not address the problem. Their clerks can do anything they please. It is we the customer who must be always wrong. We the customers are worthless to them. Room: low water pressure in shower. Towels scratchy. No fridge, no microwave, etc. They provide bottom of the barrel and treat their customers the same.

Motel 6 Company Information