3.8/5 (592 ratings)

About Motel 6

Motel 6 Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motel 6?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motel 6?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2022

I had to find an inexpensive motel. After much travel I knew where I didn't want to sleep in. My first observation was a couple smoking on a bench, my impression was they were a long renters. My room was basic. The TV worked. I can watch Fox. In the morning I went to the lobby coffee machine, The one cup at a time type. Covered the container and went back to TV and Coffee, Stale? Old? Terrible. When It came to checking out I told the man that the Motel was a Pleasant experience but the coffee was the worst tasting, he said the machine company was changed last week. I went to my car to leave and first check my Ipad. I could not find. OMG all my info was on it. I tore apart my car trying to find it. Maybe I left it in my room so I went back in to get the key back. Telling him my problem, He asked what type of computer, He found it the night before on the ground. I thanked him with a Benjamin.

Original review: May 16, 2022

I just want to say that the Motel 6 in Morton Gap is one of the Good hotel to stay at. The staff there is very friendly and they always look out for the customers when they stay at the property. Mr. ** is great with every customers he come in contact with. He is very people friendly and he always take care of soldiers like myself. Thanks Mr. ** for such a positive experience during my stay there.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2022

The girls behind desk today were very kind and helpful. I had some issues with my room not having a shower curtain and they were busy but did not forget me. Also no trash can was provided in my room but they again made sure I had everything I needed and provided me with extra towels. This place has changed a lot since my last stay. I was very thankful they solved my issues and had awesome team work and customer service!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I have been staying at the motel since the middle of October and I’ve had such a great experience with the housekeepers. The people in the office they are very helpful and kind. I actually move my dad down here and he’s been staying in their rooms and they’ve been very helpful with me to make sure they’re checking on him and his experience there is just great.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

The only reason I dont give it 5 stars is because of one individual here by the name of Marsha. I've been staying at this Motel6 since March 1st. I've gotten acquainted with most of the staff since I've been here and some look forward to saying hi to my dog Leo. Sonia the general manager has been the definition of a leader and hard worker who serves by being the example to those around her. Her staff hold her in high regard due to always being on top of things and doing everything in her power to make one's experience pleasant.

The building itself is pretty old and it's in need of a heavy restoration but maintenance do everything in their power to be on top of things when it comes to maintaining the property. Ever since the pool opened again best believe that is always clean and ready for one to enjoy it. When it comes to individuals checking in you can expect to come across sketchy people but the staff nor the location have no control over that but they do have security between 8pm to 6am and they enforce the rules and stay on top of difficult guests. When there have been incidents, they're quick to resolve them and have Dania Beach police station less than 2 mins away who always handle the situation when need be.

People need to understand that this location facilitates guest with pets and their laundry staff work really hard like Ericka who has gone above and beyond for me making sure my sheets and sheets overall are up to standards. The cleaning crew here always make sure that my mom and my dog Leo are comfortable which makes me appreciate the staff here that much more except Marsha who must have a book of complaints but yet she is still employed as a front desk staff member. She belongs back in being in charge of the cleaning crew because as a front desk agent she lacks the common sense and who feels she's part of management when management is not around.

Overall my experience till today has been great but thanks to Marsha I'm deciding to leave because I now feel Marsha has made things personal. Individuals like her DO NOT BELONG at the front desk. Individuals like her need to be kept in the back away from guests because she is great at tarnishing people's experience here and the rest of the staff. One more thing, everybody including the people who work here TOLERATE her but nobody likes her. When you come to the front desk to check in ask for the person's name and if it's Marsha, talk to management because she will make you want to go to another location because that's how difficult and ignorant she is.

I've spent over $13,000 since March 1st, I dont expect any sort of special treatment but I do expect to interact with individuals who know their role and position, not individuals like Marsha who lives in her own world and plays victim and is rude when one is trying to talk and tell her thats she's completely out of place and in the way she interacts with guests.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

My wife and I are in our 50s and have stayed in many motels, hotels, inns and Airbnb‘s. The motel six in Brockton Mass was the filthiest we have ever experienced. The hallways smelled like a mixture of urine and smoke. There was blood smeared on the window of the front door of the motel. There were stains all over the floor. Our room was supposed to be a non-smoking room and smelled strongly of smoke and there were burn holes in the blankets. There was clumped hair and stains on our room floor. It was obvious that no cleaning had been done in this motel in a long time.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2022

Me and my wife stayed at Motel6 and crew Jeff and Maria are extremely polite, efficient. The rooms are generally pretty clean and I would recommend this motel to anyone. They need be treated like a little more better with a promotion.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

The Fairgrounds West Motel 6 in Oklahoma City needs to be closed, totally renovated and perhaps even re-staffed. It has 'good bones'. All of the amenities you want in an inexpensive motel are there: shower/tub, sink, beds, TV, table & chairs, pool, breakfast area in the office, etc. However, the breakfast area was closed, and they no longer offered breakfast. The table was rickety with an almost broken table leg. It could barely hold light items. The chairs had stained cushions, so we threw the quilts (which seemed somewhat cleaner) over them. I can't say much about the pool because it was too rainy and cool out to use it. It didn't look as sparkling clean as it does in the website pictures though.

Moreover, the bedsheets, quilts, towels and carpet were worn out, had holes and stains and one of the queen beds even had dog hair all over the sheets under the quilt. There were cockroaches crawling all over the place at night. The carpet was worn out and felt greasy. You didn't even want to walk on it barefoot. You'd walk across it, then sit down, wipe your feet and they'd have a brown film all over them. We'd wipe our feet off with Handi Wipes before we put them on the bed, or put our shoes on, it was so bad.

The bathroom looked like someone had put their dog in there then left it in there while they went out. Meanwhile, the dog had tried to claw the door open. The door and door frame were in splinters. We told the front desk about it and while we were out during the day (we stayed two nights), their solution was to spray paint the splinters white. They didn't spray for the roaches we told them about either because they were still going strong the next night. I got bug spray from a dollar store and did it myself. We also asked for different sheets, but they couldn't be bothered to bring them to our room. We had to walk to the office to get them.

Speaking of the office, when we got there the first night it was late (after midnight) because of delayed flights. The front door was locked, and no one responded to us pressing the button nor to calling them on the phone. We were just about to give up and go to another hotel when a car pulled up and the night manager got out and let us in. I wish now that we had given up sooner because it was not a pleasant experience staying there.

The only positives I can give them are that the plumbing and electrical stuff seemed to work okay, the air conditioner worked and wasn't very loud and the door did latch shut. The mattresses were firmer than we'd like and felt springy, but at least they weren't butt-sprung or creaky. Mattress pads would be nice. Other than that, everything else needs replaced and/or cleaned thoroughly.

Original review: June 27, 2022

If I could give zero stars I would. We reserved 2 rooms Non smoking. We get there and we’re told all that was available was smoking and one of the rooms windows was broken but it had a piece of wood covering it. The gentleman told me that he could cancel our reservations since our rooms we reserved weren’t available.

One week later and still no refund. Went back to the motel on our way back home and tried to speak to the general manager Leeka but she refused to speak to me. The front office people were rude and said they don’t know why the gentleman at the front desk said that. They refused to refund the one room that was charged and said they could only speak to whoever the reservation was under so I walked outside and brought my elderly mother inside to speak to them about a refund. They then said we needed to leave because they were going to start a shift change or they would call the cops on us. Between the rude service, Leeka the GM who refused to speak to us and was yelling from the back room at her employees and the homeless people not 10 ft away from the motel. STAY CLEAR!!!!

Original review: June 21, 2022

Well after a four-week stay at this property, I must say it was a rollercoaster ride of an experience. The first two weeks were fantastic. Staff and manager professional and respectful at all times. Week three, however, yielded a Dr Jeckle / Mr Hyde type shift in staff and management’s professionalism and treatment of guests.

First, week three, and the headboard I was told the night I checked in would be fixed “in a day or two” was still propped again the wall in the room I was assigned to. Suffice it to say, maintenance of this property is not high on the manager’s list of things to do at this property. I’m not certain which is more concerning to me, the headboard propped against the wall, the endless running of the toilet (reported three times during my stay), or the constant dripping of bathtub and sink faucets. As I said, maintenance is not a priority at this property. Getting fresh towels was a challenge daily. Frequently during my stay, I would have to ask multiple times during the day to get fresh towels. My requests were met with smart Alec responses such as, “do you wash your towels every day at home?” “Are you so filthy you have to get new towels and face cloths everyday man?”

Another concern was the infrequency of bedding changes. In the three weeks I was at this motel, the only time the bedding was changed was when I changed it myself. When this event occurred, I asked an individual from housekeeping to provide me with a set of clean sheets as I had spilled soda on the bed. I was told I needed to “surrender” the dirty bedding in order to get clean linen. I surrendered the soiled sheets and bedspread as required. I did not receive replacement sheets or bedspread.

Instead, I was informed that I would need to wait for the laundry to be completed and ask for sheets. I asked multiple times over the next two days without success in securing replacement sheets. Finally, at 3:50 AM on the third day, I asked the manager, who was working the overnight shift at the desk, for sheets. I was informed she did not have clean sheets to give me, but that she would leave a message for housekeeping to locate sheets when the shift began in the morning.

Housekeeping overall is dismal at this property. That is a gross understatement quite frankly. In three weeks as a paying guest at this hotel, my room was not once touched by housekeeping. Not one single time. I emptied my own trash daily. I vacuumed my own room each day after securing the vacuum from a member of the housekeeping team. I wiped the surfaces in the room down with cleaner/disinfectant I purchased myself when I was informed on the third day of my stay that disinfecting or sanitizing supplies were not available. When I mentioned Covid and influenza transmission, I was curtly told that I was free to voice my concern about Covid to the public health office.

The security doors located at the exits of the hotel were not secured at 10:00 PM any night that I was a paying guest at the hotel. Per posted signage at the property, all doors were to be secured at 10:00 PM for the safety of guests of the hotel. Simply did not happen a single night I was at the hotel. I voiced concern about this to two individuals working the front desk.

My concern was outright dismissed by one desk agent and snickered about by the other. I suggested removing the signage if the promised action posted was mere “lip service” to comply with some law or ordinance. This voiced concern, I believe, comes into play a couple of days after I raised it - more in a bit about this. On two separate occasions, an individual unknown to me was in my room. The initial incident was my first morning at the hotel. I was awakened by a female clad in only a towel over her genital area. I was startled by this as I know I shut the room door securely when I went to bed.

Motel 6 Company Information