1.54/5
Based on 114 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Motel 6

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

646 Motel 6 Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Motel 6 5201 20th St E, Fife, WA 98424 is NOT GOOD! Rooms filthy, stank of cigarettes so bad! Cigarette burns in the bedding, black mold in bottom of the shower, toilet did not work. We had to purchase bleach, lysol and shower mat just to use. The staff was NOT helpful, just handed us more bedding with more cigarette holes. Room advertised to us with a fridge, microwave, coffee pot of which NONE of these were in the room. We quickly realized it is a drug dealing hub and a stable for prostitutes. We were harassed by a mentally off very high neighbor. This is NOT a family friendly place, I am amazed Motel 6 allows their name on it. Sick and disgusting!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

When dealing with this motel (Motel 6 Webster Texas) my spouse lost her wallet. We knowingly knew we must have forgot it at the motel. We went back. The check in lady didn’t care what we lost. She was very rude and wouldn’t even double check for us. Our relatives then booked a room there tonight. Our brother in law informed me he went to ask for a extra blanket. Once again the same lady gave him a hard time saying that my sister in law would have to get the blanket for him since it was in her name. Idk if she was discriminating because we are ** or if she was just being flat out rude but I will never stay at that Motel 6 again. My relatives won’t. My in laws won’t.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I checked into the Motel on January 29th, and had been staying here for a week as I'm waiting on an inspection for my New townhouse. I've had my plants outside getting some sun bringing plants here. Too long of a story. Needless to say after a week of them being nicely neatly placed out of the way. The manager came up and said that I can't have them outside. Fine. I was willing to move them INSIDE. Not even ten minutes later I heard a banging at my door. It was the manager and about 6-8 staff members barging in my room. Meanwhile there are guest all about the property outside as the world's largest gem show is taking place. They were acting like I was committing some kind of crime by not having housekeeping come in. I've never stopped them from coming In My room. I just didn't need vacuuming and all that every day.

I'm disabled and have medical conditions that just don't go with hotel living. So I felt very invaded, embarrassed and harassed and then two days later here she comes again talking about the fire alarm needs inspection. Why would someone who's paying top dollar now (gem show) want to put themselves in such a place. When my neighbor's walking around naked with his window curtains opened, people sleeping in their cars, vans tweakers running around the property all night yet they're not talking to any of them at all. I even paid for another week. However I'm looking for another place to go and will always speak bad about MOTEL 6 and how nasty they're to paying guest versus the ones coming out here for free. Meanwhile there are chairs all on the balcony and trash cans outside other guests rooms but plants nature won't be tolerated. REALLY. WHAT A **!!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

We were staying at the Motel 6 Naperville due to our grandson is in a program for therapy and help with his mental health with his autism. He ran out of his medicine. He had a severe panic attack in the motel room where he was yelling over his anxiety. We got the quote to stay another week and they did not tell us at that time that they were not going to let us stay there. When my husband went to pay they said, "You can’t stay here because of anxiety." They didn’t even give us time to be able to move out reasonably. This is a low-class organization. I wouldn’t recommend that motel. They got a lot of weird people living in there.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

A woman at Motel 6 in woodland was disrespectful and insisted she come into our room and do an inspection because we ask for no housekeeping for 2 days. Her name tag said she is the manager. She invaded my privacy. She disrespected me by talking to me rudely. After that I witnessed her yelling at a Housekeeper being very unprofessional. THIS woman made me and a few other people not want to bring our business there again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Motel 6?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I have been staying at hotel for 5 days. I am getting a PhD at Pacifica Graduate Institute in Carpinteria. I complained to the front desk concerning the noise of the truck engines. Cleark could tell me none of the motel's policies. This morning I emailed customer service and sent photos of the 6 trucks in lot two of which are carrying flammable liquids. I took photos of their license plates. I said their sign says parking for paying guest. The representative wrote back and apologized and said it was not their policy. This evening the same trucks are here with engines running. I took a photo and emailed customer rep again. I received a response that truck drivers needed a safe place to rest and if I did not like their policy perhaps I should stay somewhere else.

I can not reach a regional office. I cannot afford another motel now and I feel disregarded and dismissed. This is not a truck stop. I will be glad to send email correspondences and photos. I am a respectable 52 year old woman traveling alone. They could have attempted to explain why the trucks are more important than guest sleep. I am not a nobody and will share this with the community.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Many times I have stayed at this location in Rowland Heights off Nogales, never have I disrespected the staff or anyone. Nor did I make a fuss the time my room flooded. There were a couple of times during my many stays over this last year the toilets would back up or the air wouldn't work right. This last time was on New Year's Day. I reserved a room and when I showed up I was blocked with no one to explain why? I had dealt with some young kid who was new and I had dealt with him before. My senses told me he was a problem.

A week later I called to ask why this has happened? I was told it was because I had checked out at 4:30 pm, which is a total lie. Whenever I have checked out it was always at 1 pm, which I would ask and they allowed. Why the hell would I stay until 4:30 pm? I spoke with Brittany who does work there claiming to be a manager and she had checked me in several times so she knew who I was. I questioned this and all she would say is "My computer says this"? Really and who wrote that? Where is the proof? I would think housekeeping would know if I stayed that late?

There is a difference between arguing and making an argument, she goes by her computer to be true and accurate with no proof to provide. However I questioned her that she can't prove I stayed that late any more than I can now prove I left at 1 pm because I didn't go to the office. I would leave with leaving the key on the desk and closing the door. She wouldn't even hear me out and hangs up on me, then I call back and she slams the phone down hanging up again. As I called from another number she ignored the phone and let the fax pick it up. This is a manager's professional customer service, really? Then Brittany you should be fired!!!! This location is not perfect. It has many flaws. I don't expect 5 star service at a 2 star motel. This corporation is greedy and cares nothing for people. They have no respect for the customers they do have. I dont have a order number and I was not given a receipt ever...

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

The room had trash in the garbage cans. A dirty towel in the shower. A ‎used bar of soap in the shower. Garbage under the bed. The heater had 2 settings off and there was no hot water. But the most annoying thing was that a water main broke and flooded the steps... salt wasn't added till morning which was about 12 hours later and with it being minus 11 degrees the steps were dangerous I say that because I fell twice leaving... the alarm went off for hours and continued thru the night off and on till morning. Not one person from the office apologized for anything or for any inconvenience. I will never stay there again it was a horrible dirty and unsanitary experience. I don't know why the health department doesn't get involved, dealing with the public there should be more awareness made by cooperate, maybe if the manager can't hold a level of customer service in cleanliness perhaps they should find new management.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Not only did I pay for two nights at this hotel (Nashua, NH) I was put in a room at first that was dirty. Not clean. I have a pregnant wife for 7 months pregnant and also there was no heat in the new room where they put us. I got attitude when I complained about the heat. It's the dead of winter. Very upset at the way I was treated. This is not for a family that travels and wants to take a break. Not recommend this at all. I will never come here again. It was dirty. The staff are rude and the cleaners don't clean. Sad... Please never go here. Also they have bed bugs.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

When I started to open door there was filth on the mats walking in. Then I went in the room to call the office. There was cockroaches everywhere and clothes, mud chunks under the bed and I got locked in the bathroom. Couldn't get out. Maintenance came and I instructed him on how to open the door and his response to the roaches was, "Oh well they're everywhere. You all go or leave". Wife got offended and I stopped her from taking further actions about that. This was not a very good stay at all. Very unprofessional and no organization on Motel 6's part. I feel that I deserve some kind of compensation for this. I'm going to be in town until Tuesday. Guess moving to another hotel unless you contact me at **. Thank you very much. I'll be expecting your call.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

My brother's truck was stolen from this property on December 16, 2017. We were informed that this isn't the first time car theft have occurred at this property. When my brother called management and the Biloxi, Mississippi (Beach Boulevard location), he should little empathy and brushed the entire deal off. There should be cameras or some sort of security to ensure the patrons' safety. We will never stay at this location again!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

We've had to stay here because of the hurricane. We became homeless and we wish there was another alternative. Some of the staff are very nice people but some just give you the dirtiest looks as they pass you or if you have to ask them for something. Every single morning, afternoon and especially evenings there is nothing but ** smoke filling the 3rd floor hallways. We have to constantly notify the front desk people of the smoke and they will send someone up to kick them out. We've encountered a man and a woman, she was a little person, running up and down the hallway totally naked and screaming.

We've encountered prostitutes and their johns leaving via the back hallway people using crack on the other side of the fence in the back and bothering people as they walk their dogs, I was one of them, drug deals going down in the back parking lot, a huge drug bust going down in the back parking lot our first night here and DCF and the police removing 2 small children from their mother 3 doors down from us. The towels always have hair stuck to them, the bed sheets are stains and also have hair stuck to them. We turned the heat on and had to leave the room because of the disgusting smell. Housekeepers need a little lesson in customer service except for a few, front desk workers are all very nice except for the GM and the owner. No refrigerator, no microwave, no coffee pot, no shampoo, no blow dryer just nothing.

They dont notify you of this either during check in. You have to ask for a room with a microwave or fridge, how were we suppose to know that. We didnt know of the laundry room either until we found it by accident. We didnt know about the room service either until I overheard another customer asking where he could get something to eat. They definitely need some real security guards, and not the one guy that just sits down in the lobby playing on his phone, to actually walk the hallways and enforce some rules like no ** smoking allowed in the motel or on its grounds and actually make the other customers feel a little safer.

One more thing, if you're going to allow pets, which I have 2 dogs, then supply bags to pick up the feces. For the past 3 weeks there has been none but they tell you to clean up after your dogs when youre outside walking them. They have the little doggie poop stand but no bags and hallways should also be vacuumed if they are going to be carpeted. Such a disappointment.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Corsicana TX. Price is too high for a single person. 1 bedroom and didn't have microwave or refrigerator. Should have satellite TV and free internet. $52.99 + plus tax is too damn high.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I checked in to Motel 6 on November 22nd 2017. My family and I stayed there and my kids were already in bed. When I went to get into the bed, I laid in a big wet spot. I called the front desk and they could not be of any assistance. Yes. The next morning I went to speak to the manager who is never onsite when needed, and they offered a 10% discount on my next visit. I had to call corporate 3 times and call the store three times in order to speak to the general manager Raj. He was very rude and unprofessional. I will not be staying there anymore, I will be staying at Americas Best Value Inn from now on.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Houston, TX, USA. Low-cost quality service.Very friendly staff but no microwaves in the rooms. One is available in the vending room. Towels and linens are in short supply. Front desk is always willing to locate them for you if possible.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Recommend staying at more reputable, higher quality property in tourist area that does not operate as third world entity. Unsatisfactory experience despite changing room, dirty, unsafe, deplorable conditions, unacceptable failure, foreign management to resolve problems. Motel 6 Show Low, AZ, USA; problem not solution despite false fraudulent advertising.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Dallas, Texas. It was okay but a little smaller than I had expected. My family and I went to Dallas Texas a few years back. It was for about a week and part vacation and part Judo tournament for my youngest child. So we where on a budget. My husband found a bunch of motels online. We looked through the pictures together, Motel 6 had some good pics and very colorful blankets, sheets, walls, etcetera. So we went with it. When we got there we were surprised how small the room was. We barely had enough room to walk around the beds. The shower was big but all the water went out on to the floor. Also they would not provide us with any more towels than what was allowed. All in all we won't be staying there again. We have found better places to stay at that only cost a little bit more.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Thoughtful management with everything working correctly at Motel 6 Nashua, NH. Great location. Even a shaded parking area (a real plus on a hot day). WiFi worked perfectly, as did A/C and TV. Not a complaint. Good job with $saved$ to take home.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

During 1 of the days of 3 weeks I stayed a clerk was short, disrespectful and manage to convince the manager to don't let me stay for petty reasons. All I said to her one time was "I'm not talking to you" I heard her tell the manager: "please don't let her stay here anymore" and the manager make derogatory comments about me. I heard them said that they were going to get rid of me. What happens to the customer is always right, professionalism, etc. The manager told the customer service rep. That I was late paying multiple nights which is not true. That I didn't check my guest in, it so happen that the day that the incident happened I did not signed the hotel agreement. So to me it's discrimination against my persona.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Front desk clerk friendly and helpful. Checked in the afternoon at Motel 6, Flagstaff, AZ. 2 pm Rested until 9 pm. Got fair shake for the room because I wasn't there very long. It was way helpful and considerate of Motel 6 to help a middle-aged lady traveling thriftily and safely. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

On Nov 14, 2017, in the Benson AZ Motel 6, I found a bug on my bed and videotaped it, with a sweep of the room to ID it as Motel 6, then squashed the insect, which spurted blood, and video'd that as well. A close-up of the insect video shows it identical to a bedbug on Wikipedia, and its coloration matches perfectly the description of a bedbug about 24 hours after it has feasted on someone - so it wasn't me, thankfully.

The hotel moved me and later refunded my money after other guests had woken me at 3 am with their non-stop yelling for over a half-hour across the hall (sounded like a drug deal), but they later insisted the insect was a "water bug" (roach, I think that means, which it was not). Because they were in denial, I called the Cochise County Health Department, but was given a wrong email address to send my photo and videos to. When I called back for a correct email, the health department no longer wanted my photo or videos, said they'd already inspected the room, and also concluded it was some other insect. Check out my photo and compare it to insect photos online. I'm willing to be shown any other bug that looks like this and when squashed produces bright red blood - please - or I have to assume this is a cover-up.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I arrived at the Freemont, CA Motel 6 and checked in on Oct 8, 2017. The motel appeared to be nearly full judging by the full parking lot. After checking in, I was pleasantly surprised to see an open parking spot directly in front of my assigned room. I got out of my car & opened the door of my smoke-free room only to be surprised by the strong smell of cigarette smoke. I have COPD & had specifically asked for a smoke-free room & was told all the rooms were smoke-free. I walked directly to the office & told them about this. After they told me they would tell the cleaning staff about my complaint they finally realized I was asking for another room. They then told me I could have one adjacent to the pool or one on the second floor. I explained there were no parking spaces available near these rooms. They then made it clear these were my only other options.

The pool area is very noisy and I was exhausted. I have total knee replacement so the second floor was not an option. I resigned myself to the fact that I would have to sleep in a room reeking of cigarette smoke and proceeded to my car to unload. Having went directly from my room to the office after checking my room I had not noticed the large spot of dried up vomit on the passenger side of my car (see attached photo). The parking spot was directly in front of my door and I was exhausted to complain further so I unloaded my car from the driver side. As I unloaded my car I noticed several cigarette butts around the front door of my room. I then went to brush my teeth and turned on the water at the sink to rinse. The water came out in different directions spraying all over me and the mirror as well. I was finally able to use it by carefully turning the water on at a very low flow.

I then went to get a shower. The shower had not been cleaned so I cleaned it with a hand towel and my shower gel. After beginning my shower I looked up and noticed that what I believed to be mold was on the ceiling (see photo). I finished my shower & went to sleep. Upon awakening I decided to turn on the TV as I was packing up. The TV didn't work and the remote batteries were held in with duct tape (photo attached). This wasn't a big deal but added to my Motel 6 experience. There are other small things that were wrong as well which were small but telling.

I called a friend before I left & he recommended that I take photos. Wish I had taken one of the bathtub before I cleaned it. I have stayed in other Motel 6's and found them to be generally clean and comfortable. This was an exception. Just tried to download images. The mold, vomit & remote photos came through but the sink video would not download. I will save it if you need to see it and on a medium that will accept videos.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

When we checked in we were told that the pool was closed for maintenance. Got to the room and it was bare bones. NO amenities at all. Cable, phone and WiFi was out. This is a huge place and only had one ice maker, and it was in the building furthest from us. I am disabled and walk with a cane so this was not easy for me. My wife called both corporate and the motel itself to complain with no results. When she called the Motel 6 she was actually cursed at. We will NEVER stay at another Motel 6.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Worst motel I have stayed - Our money should be refunded. Lots of dealing going after dark. Shower not working properly. No coffee in room. No bedside tables by bed. We stayed 2 nights of misery. Bedside had a chair with a alarm clock on top of a BIBLE. I am disgusted that we went through. By the way I there for my sister funeral. Whoever works there should be ashamed of themselves to serve the public.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

This is by far the worst experience I have ever gone through. Nastiest motel ever, was infested with roaches then there was a huge bed bug on the pillow. The front desk didn't want to change rooms for us or give back the money. Don't ever stay there, they have people living in these things like apartments.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I called a week in advance to book a room at Motel 6 in Tewksbury for Oct. 13th and 14th. I arrived there on the 13th, spoke with the young man at the desk, telling him I had a reservation. Though I was holding my confirmation number, he only asked me to use my credit card. I was given a room, moved in, and went to visit my grandchildren. I returned later that evening and left the next morning to see them again. When I returned that night, the 14th, my key card only opened the door to the point where someone inside had slide the security bolt on. When I went to the desk, they said they had only booked me for one night, and, there, behind the desk, was my luggage. They had gone into the room and packed my belongings. Clearly, when I left my clothes hanging up and medication on the table, I was returning.

They did not bother to check to see their mistake. They gave me another room on the top floor, a challenge for me with replacement hips. When I returned home, I discovered that my medication and phone/tablet chargers were missing. The motel had also charged 3 nights on my credit card. Though these charges have been removed, they made no effort to rectify their mistakes. Clearly, this could have been worse had I walked in on the people who were then in "my room." I have been using this motel for the past decade and had no problems. However, I would never return and would warn anyone against going there. They handled my personal belongings, packed it up, without ever checking to see if there was an error on their part. Terrible management and dangerous use of key cards.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Motel 6 North Palm Springs, Ca. Fire alarm goes off numerous times at midnight. When you call to ask why, they kick you out in the middle of the night. Keep your money. They are awful. It's better to pay for a nice hotel. This motel 6 is corrupt. Never go there. The people that work there are on **. My friend worked there. She told me she had to quit because everyone was on **. I now believe her.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Ok! Where to start. I had previous booked the hotel on Booking.com. The requirements stated 19 to book a room. When I get to the hotel they stated I had to be 21. Even though "Sam" cancel my room due to my age he refused to refund my money. I will be contacted the Better Business Bureau to file a formal complaint as well as contacting the corporate office. When I walked in the front desk clerk had a nasty attitude already. Don't waste your money.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Sept. 8 I needed a room after days without rest due to botched Mexican surgery on my daughter who was admitted to San Diego hospital to save her life. I got a list from the hospital of cabs and hotels that they recommended and gave good deals to their families in need. I made a reservation for the 8-9th. Cab was called and away we went to San Diego Chula Motel 6. I live in Louisiana and know nothing of California. I had not had a bath in days and no sleep either. When I checked in I was given directions to my room on a third floor by pointing... When I got to the room I showered immediately although I did note mold in the shower. When I got out I had to cancel a flight and rearrange. I did this and something bit me.

I was on the phone and scratched but waited about 15 seconds before I realized something had bit me in the bed! When I jumped up a bug was crawling where my ankle had been and the bite had occurred. The room was filthy, smelled like a bar with cigarette smoke and had an ashtray in a non-smoking room. I threw back the linen and was horrified. There were crawling bugs, bugs playing dead and human hair, dirty feet area, and I was horrified. I was dressed and down to the lobby with luggage in less than a few minutes. I reported what I had found and they just looked at me. I requested a refund but they couldn't do that without the manager. The manager was not there of course. They called her and she said she could not do anything till the Terminix man examined the room and told her it was bed bugs. WTH! Bugs in a bed = bed bugs.

I produced photos of bugs, dirt, hair, mold, etc. and a video of the bugs crawling on the sheets. They just kept smiling in that innocent, I don't know what to do way. I told them I was checking out and gave them back the keycard. Called a cab and waited. That is when I noticed these were not the normal traveling clientele. These were people who lived there all the time. Junk cars, cursing women who would fit on a street corner better and partial payments with threats of having to leave if they did not pay what they owed in full. They had mentioned that they had guards on the premises at dark and I would be challenged if I was to wander around. I thought they were just extra safe. Seems this is a regular stop for dope dealers and crime according to other encountered.

I did not get my money refunded. Did not get the advertised senior discount, the no smoking room I reserved or the queen bed let alone bug free. I am aware sometimes things are gonna happen but not this. I know now that Motel 6 has a 1 1/4 star rating. I can't understand why it is that high. I have contacted corporate but nothing but runaround... I did receive written promise that their reservation specialist will be with me as quickly as possible. Guess he is booked up. Way over a month now. NEVER BUT NEVER WILL I DARKEN THE DOOR OF A MOTEL 6 ANYWHERE. MIGHT AS WELL TURN THAT LIGHT OFF.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

My shower has not worked since Thursday. They told me to wrap a towel around it. They Never came and cleaned my room till today. I have paid 57.80. Every night and they haven't done nothing nor will they switch my rooms. I'm not happy about this at all. You don't treat people like they are dogs.

Motel 6 Company Information

www.motel6.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use