2. Travel

KAYAK

KAYAK
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.51/5

KAYAK Reviews

Original review: June 5, 2019

I use a combination of Kayak & Google flights for all my air and hotel needs. Kayak is easy to use & you can find some crazy good prices. I just booked roundtrip flight from Las Vegas to Milan on British Airways for $745 including bags! There is one key thing I found over the years of using Kayak. Only buy through the airline directly or a well known 3rd party sites like Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, etc. DO NOT USE the 3rd party sites like Vayama, Flight Network, Justfly, etc. You will get screwed every time! If you're not sure Google them! If the price is too good to be true on sites like Vayama they always are. Stick with the 3rd party sites you know. You can find great deals that you can trust.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Very nice- they are fast and friendly and the price was also cheap which is great at the time when I traveled - they also kept updated me with new offers every day. Also, their website is very easy to navigate.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Easy to use, I enjoy the options to narrow my search by flight times, stops, etc. I was able to sort by price and make different edits easily. Kayak is great because at the same time it allows you to open other search programs too, like Expedia.

Original review: May 17, 2019

It was easy to use and every information that a customer needs while booking was available on one screen so we don't have to take efforts to find it. I also observed that the rates are little cheaper than other competitive websites, not huge difference but few dollars also make difference.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I usually go to Kayak first because the site is comprehensive and easy to navigate. It seems that most of the travel sites have similar prices, but I like Kayak. The transfers to airline and hotel sites are fast and seamless. I don't feel overwhelmed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kayak.com?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

Horrible! Still at ACE rental car in Sacramento trying to get my rental. Your site advertised a Hotwire deal and nowhere does it say “it is at least 20 minutes away and there is no shuttle, but an Uber service you have to call through and wait for”. REALLY!!?? I found out while in the Sac airport rental bldg, that ACE is NOT in this bldg. I called Ace and they said (after 2 people) that they would call me back in 10 minutes of where to meet uber. Over 30 minutes later, I called them back and they said they can’t pick me up at rental car bldg and that I needed to go back to airport. After complaining, they said they can send an Uber to rental car bldg. I finally got to ACE rental car and am now standing online waiting - it has been over an hour since I hopped on shuttle to rental car booth and still no car.

This is ridiculous and I don’t have time to waste and am missing work meeting now. You need to advertise correctly. If all rental cars are off-airport, that doesn’t tell someone that ifs not the close REAL rental car bldg!! AND no shuttle! I never would have rented from here! And now the car insurance is $26/day and I don't have any other options as I am in the middle of nowhere!!! More than the vehicle itself! Kayak, you need to vet out WHO you advertise and HOW it is advertised.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Booked a room for three nights through Kayak with Get A Room. Got to hotel. They had no reservation. Paid hotel directly for one night. Had to leave the next day. Tried to resolve issue and get a refund by calling a Get A Room rep. Representative promised to send email telling us how to proceed. Never received email. Kayak should do a better job of reviewing the booking sites they refer to.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

The service is very bad. With my girlfriend we hired a flight and hotel package to Punta Cana and they gave us the flight to Santo Domingo Airport 200 kilometers from our hotel! Then, upon requesting the change to the correct airport, they informed us that it was impossible, except for forgiving the total amount of the air tickets. A shame. Do not be fooled even if a slightly cheaper price, it will end up being quite more expensive

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I booked a flight through Kayak and was re-directed to flight partner Flyfar. They are shady and use deceptive means to rip people off with fake offers. I spent the $72 in flight change insurance. I called to change the outbound part of my flight and the cost to "change the flight" is more than it would cost me to purchase a brand new ticket. This is because they no longer honor the prices online and make up their own prices for change flights. I was also told the taxes were so different between the cities. When I asked what the change in taxes were the agent was unable to tell me and said it wasn't specified to him. It is also cheaper for me to buy a brand new ticket to fly between the cities I now need to go to instead of changing 1 leg of my trip. I am left realizing that the ticket exchange insurance is a racket. The intention was never to honor it and have written a bunch of hidden rules designed to rip off the customer.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Scam company. Took money. No provide my ticket. I have three kids, took my money. Horrible company. Be careful people. I am asking refund my money so no refund policy. You won’t buy a new ticket for $4000 is crazy or joke. Sorry I don’t have money. I’m not rich. Please help us.

Not sure about KAYAK?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Airlines for you.

Kayak.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

KAYAK is a search engine that connects travelers to services offered by travel agencies all over the world. It was founded in 2004 and acquired by the Priceline Group in 2013.

• Hundreds of sites: KAYAK's search engine draws results from hundreds of travel websites to give travelers the best deals possible.

• Travel Hacker: Travelers can read an annual guide to the most popular destinations researched on KAYAK.

• Organization: The site automatically organizes itineraries and expenses for services booked through the website.

• Mobile app: KAYAK's mobile app lets travelers schedule services on the go.

• Price alerts: Customers receive price alerts when selected services fall below certain prices.

• Best for: Domestic, international and budget travelers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team