KAYAK

KAYAK

3.6/5 (159 ratings)

About KAYAK

KAYAK Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KAYAK?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kayak.com?

Original review: May 4, 2022

Beware!!!! They are fraudulent and would try to ‘steal’ your money if you’re not careful. I booked flights around midnight with both BA and Kayak and cancelled both within half an hour. The funds were pending at the time but the next day Kayak went ahead to take over £3000 while BA cancelled the pending transaction. Kayak are telling me I need to wait for a refund for 2-3 weeks!!!!

Original review: April 21, 2022

I booked a rental car through Kayak, through a company called Sixt. When my flight was canceled I couldn't get another one for a couple of days. The company charged me $200 for canceling event though Kayak advertised a no-fee cancellation. Neither company could do anything and blamed each other. Kayak should not be falsely advertising or partnering with a scammer car rental company.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I booked a flight in 2021 through Kayak and had to cancel due to corona virus and rebook for 2022. They have an exchange service which I contacted. It took several phone calls and many hours on hold to get an agent to take care of me. Then, the email link they sent me to confirm the changes didn't work. It was a pure nightmare experience, and on top of that, I had to pay an additional $600 per ticket for the exchange. The whole experience took in excess of 30 hours.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Kayak's advertising department needs to STOP with the biased ads, where they make men appear stupid and ignorant and the females superior. Unless Kayak doesn't need men as customers. It's not very business savvy to alienate a customer base by offending said potential clients. Most travel expense is bore by men, as they are the primary bread winners, and command a higher income than the female consumers. I know that Kayak's biased activities have lead my household to spend our travel expense funding with other agency's, rather than Kayak, due to the offending advertising. That type of advertising, that offends men, affects Kayak's revenue generating (sales), and hurts the bottom line, annual profit. It's the principle of the matter, most men won't do business with a company that offend them. It's human nature.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

I looked up prices for flights and upon finding a reasonable priced round trip service I attempted to book through Kayak. I was redirected without warning to another site ** that has only 1 star reviews. Upon completing the booking process through what I thought was a Kayak service, this secondary site Kiwi, unbeknownst to me changed the end date of my flight. Now I am left with the financial responsibility to book my original flight seen on Kayak or left to accept the altered booking from this secondary travel agency. Kiwi charges a large fee for any changes and Kayak's redirect made me use this untrustworthy site. Kiwi says my booking has no connection to Kayak since the redirect took me directly to their site and there is no proof Kayak was involved at all on their end.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

I wanted to let you know that I booked a flight through KAYAK agency from Chicago to India. Upon cancellation of the flight, KAYAK was supposed to refund my amount after deducting 75USD from actual price. But, they are just neglecting the process and unresponsive while answering to this thing, either customer care or exchange department don't pick call or they say some random reason not to refund. Checked with Air India airline with refund policy, and upon checking Air India is refunding the amount but KAYAK company do not. Please do not do any booking through this site ever. Big Mistake. ALERT!!!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Don't waste your money and time booking through this company, I booked a round trip from Tampa Florida to Chicago Illinois leaving September 30th returning October 3rd, I was surprised on the return flight that there was no reservation even though I had a confirmation from them before, they never email me or call, l was left stranded with my 4 years old daughter, my one year old son, wife and my mother in law at the airport with no way to get back the same day, so I had to book another flight going back to Florida the next day paying top dollars after wasting 5 hours with my family trying to find a trip back and I had to book a hotel in chicago and all the mess they left me and my family with. I am calling my lawyer once I'm back to Tampa. This is the worst company you can ever work with. I wish they have zero star to rate them.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Dear KAYAK, your stupidity and inability are frightening. After booking a flight on your website on the 13/08. From TLV to Heraklion to Marseille. I arrived at the airport (3 hours in advance ), today 3.09, and what do I realize???? That you canceled my flight. Not even a ** email to inform me that my first flight was cancel, not a ** message or phone call. Of course I had to call, and wait for more than 30 minutes that someone at KAYAK pick up the phone. I asked you for a new flight and you wanted me to pay more than 200 euros. You are ** crazy. The only solution you provide me it's an hotel in the middle of nowhere. Because of you I lost my reservation at Marseille. I'm gonna make you pay every expense I had because of you (taxis, food, hotel). If I don't have the full refund of all my tickets under 14 days and all the expense, I'm suing you. Of course this message will be on all social media. You can trust me to do it right away.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

3 months since waiting for a refund which they said I should be getting in 2-4 weeks but now they don’t reply back emails and put on you hold for hours and then just hang up. Complete waste of time, do yourself a favor and shop around someplace other.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Their customer service is a joke. This guy Leo sent me an email on Sunday to ask for confirmation another flight since my original one got cancelled. I replied but never be able to reach them successfully for 2 days. Then the 3rd day I could but It was too late, the alternative flight for the cancelled one is no longer there. This agent Ingrid said It takes her up to 48 hours to find alternative for me. I could Google in 5 mins I wonder why 48 hours..... I called again the next day, this time Kai seems to be more helpful a little bit since He could find other options in 30 mins. But they are all too expensive. Then I asked for refund but They keep sending me to different people. One person even asked me to wait and then hang up on me. "NEVER EVER USE KAYAK".

Kayak.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

KAYAK is a search engine that connects travelers to services offered by travel agencies all over the world. It was founded in 2004 and acquired by the Priceline Group in 2013.

• Hundreds of sites: KAYAK's search engine draws results from hundreds of travel websites to give travelers the best deals possible.

• Travel Hacker: Travelers can read an annual guide to the most popular destinations researched on KAYAK.

• Organization: The site automatically organizes itineraries and expenses for services booked through the website.

• Mobile app: KAYAK's mobile app lets travelers schedule services on the go.

• Price alerts: Customers receive price alerts when selected services fall below certain prices.

KAYAK Company Information