2. Travel

KAYAK

3.9/5 (274 ratings)

About KAYAK

KAYAK Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KAYAK?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kayak.com?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Don't waste your money and time booking through this company, I booked a round trip from Tampa Florida to Chicago Illinois leaving September 30th returning October 3rd, I was surprised on the return flight that there was no reservation even though I had a confirmation from them before, they never email me or call, l was left stranded with my 4 years old daughter, my one year old son, wife and my mother in law at the airport with no way to get back the same day, so I had to book another flight going back to Florida the next day paying top dollars after wasting 5 hours with my family trying to find a trip back and I had to book a hotel in chicago and all the mess they left me and my family with. I am calling my lawyer once I'm back to Tampa. This is the worst company you can ever work with. I wish they have zero star to rate them.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

Dear KAYAK, your stupidity and inability are frightening. After booking a flight on your website on the 13/08. From TLV to Heraklion to Marseille. I arrived at the airport (3 hours in advance ), today 3.09, and what do I realize???? That you canceled my flight. Not even a ** email to inform me that my first flight was cancel, not a ** message or phone call. Of course I had to call, and wait for more than 30 minutes that someone at KAYAK pick up the phone. I asked you for a new flight and you wanted me to pay more than 200 euros. You are ** crazy. The only solution you provide me it's an hotel in the middle of nowhere. Because of you I lost my reservation at Marseille. I'm gonna make you pay every expense I had because of you (taxis, food, hotel). If I don't have the full refund of all my tickets under 14 days and all the expense, I'm suing you. Of course this message will be on all social media. You can trust me to do it right away.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

3 months since waiting for a refund which they said I should be getting in 2-4 weeks but now they don’t reply back emails and put on you hold for hours and then just hang up. Complete waste of time, do yourself a favor and shop around someplace other.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Their customer service is a joke. This guy Leo sent me an email on Sunday to ask for confirmation another flight since my original one got cancelled. I replied but never be able to reach them successfully for 2 days. Then the 3rd day I could but It was too late, the alternative flight for the cancelled one is no longer there. This agent Ingrid said It takes her up to 48 hours to find alternative for me. I could Google in 5 mins I wonder why 48 hours..... I called again the next day, this time Kai seems to be more helpful a little bit since He could find other options in 30 mins. But they are all too expensive. Then I asked for refund but They keep sending me to different people. One person even asked me to wait and then hang up on me. "NEVER EVER USE KAYAK".

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

I will never book a flight through kayak.com again. Etihad Airways cancelled our flight, but the charge remained. When I tried to contact Kayak to get a refund, they strung me along, saying they’ll contact airline. Well, it’s one week past that said flight and despite follow-ups, Kayak did not follow through. As the travel agent, they have a responsibility to their customers and it’s clear they are not following through with said responsibility.

Original review: June 26, 2021

I am beyond frustrated with Kayak... No one picks up the phone or when they do, I get transferred. My boyfriend and I booked a trip and QATAR airlines changed the tickets due to weather so they gave us an option and we decided to get a refund. I joined the call so Kayak and QATAR can talk.... First, Why do I (as the CUSTOMER), have to hunt down Qatar for a refund... I booked through KAYAK, shouldn't you guys be trying to get my refund??? When I do call KAYAK, the call center reps sound like they are at home and unbothered about the situation. Good luck emailing them, they won't respond.... I used UPLIFT and am getting charged interest daily because KAYAK has not sent them the money back... AVOID KAYAK AT ALL COSTS. I have never dealt with such an incompetent company....NEVER AGAIN!!!!

Original review: April 30, 2021

All the vacation packages that are listed are too expensive for the average family and something needs to be done about it. The people that offer these packages are too greedy and I am not talking about just the agencies but the resorts.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

I booked an international ticket with Kayak. Then after couple of days the Airline cancelled flight from YVR to London. I called Kayak no reply. They don't even pick the phone and not even reply email. Call British Airways, they said, "Call your travel agent." I never been in such a nerves breaking situation. I hate Kayak. Extremely bad service.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

This 3rd party booking agency refused to give us over $4000 back that we spent on round trip international flights despite notifying them weeks in advance our inability to fly and despite also having purchased their flight insurance. They ruined my life this year.

Original review: May 27, 2020

Booked a multiplicity flight through Kayak. (Big mistake - never do this). Involved two airlines (A and B). One of the legs was cancelled by airline B. Cannot get to airline A's flight. Call Kayak. They say "Cannot rebook you on another flight - you need to cancel and rebook everything". I cancel those flights and rebook. I end up paying for parts of itinerary with airline A - Kayak totally useless - I call them. They say call the airline - I call the airline they say call Kayak. Kayak customer service do not even know their own rules and are totally unprofessional and useless. One customer service rep said "because I cannot get Turkish Airlines on the phone I cannot help you - you will just have to pay." I ended up paying for a flight which Kayak cancelled.

Kayak.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

KAYAK is a search engine that connects travelers to services offered by travel agencies all over the world. It was founded in 2004 and acquired by the Priceline Group in 2013.

• Hundreds of sites: KAYAK's search engine draws results from hundreds of travel websites to give travelers the best deals possible.

• Travel Hacker: Travelers can read an annual guide to the most popular destinations researched on KAYAK.

• Organization: The site automatically organizes itineraries and expenses for services booked through the website.

• Mobile app: KAYAK's mobile app lets travelers schedule services on the go.

• Price alerts: Customers receive price alerts when selected services fall below certain prices.

KAYAK Company Information