KAYAK

KAYAK

2.9/5 (457 ratings)

About KAYAK

KAYAK Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about KAYAK?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kayak.com?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I booked a ticket through KAYAK on 16th September 2022. Booking confirmation received the same time and it shows there is a problem in my booking. I clicked the link and, it shows, my booking has cancelled. I was so nervous and the seeing a mail from GOTOGATE agency located in Abu Dhabi, saying will be refunding my money back within 5 working days. It doesn't shows any reason to cancelled my booking. Reviews for GOTOGATE are so weird, they are doing the same for lot of people. KAYAK is entertaining scammers. If you wanna use KAYAK, check reviews for the sub agencies. Otherwise you gonna be scammed by people who born from **.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

Kayak used to be a trustworthy site but not anymore! I found a ticket their website and they sent me to a partner site for the transaction and I ended up buying from Travelgenio and spent 3 months trying to get them to respond to my emails, cancel the ticket, give me a refund or voucher (which the airline said the tickets were eligible for) and ended up losing a lot of money because they have poor customer service and bad business practices. Kayak should be held accountable for pushing customers to untrustworthy, unscrupulous partners. Don't trust Kayak, go directly to the airlines instead.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 15, 2022

If I could give zero stars I would. Horrible customer service. I am supposed to be flying across the world in less than a week, and Kayak did not inform us that our flight home was canceled. I found out and tried to rebook through them, it turns out they could not book me until a different day at midnight, and could not book two of my friends on the same flight. One of my friends they have not even found a flight for her home yet. So now we have four girls flying separately to a foreign country and one might not even make it home. TERRIBLE COMPANY! I regret not booking directly through the airlines.

Original review: July 14, 2022

My friends and I recently booked a flight to Thailand through Kayak and it has been the worst experience! The airline canceled the flight home and Kayak didn't alert us in any way. I was on hold with Kayak customer service for 5 HOURS trying to book a flight home and I kept getting transferred and put on hold. I was told there were no return flights without upgrading and paying additional fees AFTER I had paid my original price. I was promised a callback by a representative and never received one. I finally got a new flight and they still haven't sent me a confirmation email even though I rebooked OVER 48 HOURS AGO. My friend rebooked a flight and hasn't gotten a confirmation email even though it's been 6 DAYS! My friends and I reached out to customer service again and they still haven't gotten back to us. This has been a TERRIBLE experience and I will never use Kayak again. DO NOT USE KAYAK!

Original review: June 30, 2022

Do not trust KAYAK with airline bookings outside of the US on non-US airlines. We booked a ticket through KAYAK and the website behaved as if the booking was being done through the KAYAK engine and went through the entire booking process without mentioning that they were actually outsourcing the booking to a BOGUS THIRD-PARTY SCAM site called GOTOGATE. Only when everything got processed and they booked our tickets did I get an email confirmation not from KAYAK but from GOTOGATE.

And the fun does not stop there. We learned the hard way what a scam GOTOGATE is when we needed to cancel the booking because of Covid-related issues preventing travel. Once we contacted GOTOGATE to cancel our $75 ticket from Kolkata to New Delhi or Air India, they said that in addition to the Air India cancellation fee of $45 they will charge an extra $70 to cancel the tickets. Imagine what a scam these guys are - they are asking me to pay an extra $70 as their administrative fee to cancel the ticket.

And KAYAK never told us anything about this outsourcing to the third party SCAMMER. So don't book on KAYAK. Go to any of the other sites such as Expedia, Booking.Com and others where all they charge is the airline cancellation fee and refund the rest of the amount. WE WILL NEVER USE KAYAK AGAIN. Who knows where else they will outsource your booking without telling you.

Original review: June 7, 2022

I have been using Kayak for years and generally have found that the agencies on Kayak, even if I never heard of them, were above board. This morning I bought a ticket through Kayak through an agency called mytrip. An hour later I realized I needed to cancel and book differently - the airline charged me a 40% fee! When I did some research on mytrip and the true agency, gotogate in Florida, I discovered a string of 1 star reviews and an F rating with the BBB. When I contacted Kayak they said they will try to help by contacting their mytrip rep but are not able to assist any other way.

The lesson here is that Kayak provides no screening for the agencies they list on their site. Any screening would have found the red flags I found after the fact. As such they are allowing predatory travel agencies on their site. Be careful when booking through Kayak, just because they list the agency doesn't mean they are a reputable agency!

Original review: June 7, 2022

I've been searching for flights, I come across Kayak flights from an ad. So I put in the details, from where to where and the dates, the cheapest flight came in $90 MORE expensive than I found looking on airlines websites. I've NEVER dealt with this business before, & I NEVER will again.

Original review: May 4, 2022

Beware!!!! They are fraudulent and would try to ‘steal’ your money if you’re not careful. I booked flights around midnight with both BA and Kayak and cancelled both within half an hour. The funds were pending at the time but the next day Kayak went ahead to take over £3000 while BA cancelled the pending transaction. Kayak are telling me I need to wait for a refund for 2-3 weeks!!!!

Original review: April 21, 2022

I booked a rental car through Kayak, through a company called Sixt. When my flight was canceled I couldn't get another one for a couple of days. The company charged me $200 for canceling event though Kayak advertised a no-fee cancellation. Neither company could do anything and blamed each other. Kayak should not be falsely advertising or partnering with a scammer car rental company.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I booked a flight in 2021 through Kayak and had to cancel due to corona virus and rebook for 2022. They have an exchange service which I contacted. It took several phone calls and many hours on hold to get an agent to take care of me. Then, the email link they sent me to confirm the changes didn't work. It was a pure nightmare experience, and on top of that, I had to pay an additional $600 per ticket for the exchange. The whole experience took in excess of 30 hours.

Kayak.com author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

KAYAK is a search engine that connects travelers to services offered by travel agencies all over the world. It was founded in 2004 and acquired by the Priceline Group in 2013.

• Hundreds of sites: KAYAK's search engine draws results from hundreds of travel websites to give travelers the best deals possible.

• Travel Hacker: Travelers can read an annual guide to the most popular destinations researched on KAYAK.

• Organization: The site automatically organizes itineraries and expenses for services booked through the website.

• Mobile app: KAYAK's mobile app lets travelers schedule services on the go.

• Price alerts: Customers receive price alerts when selected services fall below certain prices.

KAYAK Company Information