1.20/5

57 Intown Suites Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 3, 2019

I stayed at the 9211 E Independence Blvd location in Matthews NC. Place is a dump. Never been cleaned. Very unsanitary. Smelt like smoke. I booked 14 nights and only stayed for 2. Their corporate blew me off when I asked for possible reimbursement for nights not stayed. Worst customer service experience I ever had. Avoid all Intown Suites at all costs!!!

Original review: June 29, 2019

We stayed there while we house-hunt because we were told we can extend if needed to but the Front desk lady told us we can and we must go cause she sold out room... She then disabled our key around 930am and locked me out until she opened @ 11am.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I checked into the North Tryon St location for a weekly stay and paid 368 for 7 days. Granted this dump isn't even worth 200 a week. I check out tomorrow and NOT one night have I had a good night rest because the neighbor to the left of me plays their t.v./ music EVERY night like a deaf person thinking they are actually going to hear. To top that off the water does NOT get hot in the room (rather warm) and there are bums or at least one that lives on the property who walked up to me begging for money. There are drugs all around and clearly a lot of those people don't work so they play loud music and get high all day.

As with apartment living especially if in the room by yourself, you don't want random strangers just coming into your room. I informed the front office of this (no one in my room) for any reason and she put it in my file yet just the other morning as I'm using the restroom there's a knock and before I could get to the door from the restroom someone was already letting herself into my room. The front office manager at this location suck and don't give one crap. Once you've made a complaint she screens your number so when you call they don't answer!!! I know you can't control the situations you end up in forcing you to use an hotel as a an alternative, but for the love of GOD whatever you do DO NOT NOT stay there and waste your hard earned $$$$.

The area is very....sketchy and the after hours person nor her presence has an effect on nothing or no one so it's pointless that they even have her "doing rounds". I had to call the police to come address the loud noise issue that has prevented me from sleep all week. On TOP of all of that they have had renovations going on on the outside of the property thus inconveniencing you from being able to use stairways closet to your room and paint everywhere. I'm so happy to be leaving this dump as of tomorrow. If you are looking for an extended stay hotel there is an EXTENDED STAY down the street in a better area of the University. You may pay a little more but you will definitely be glad that you did. It's true you get what you pay for and with this dump all you will get is a different headache every day!

This place is only for ratchets and hood mentality people hence the fact that they only have 1 star rating and a ton of negative reviews here which in itself speaks volumes. Moral of the story is READ reviews before staying more than one night at a hotel. People aren't just posting out of anger and frustration but rather because you'll pay all that money to be inconvenienced and they WON'T care. Guess that's why they make it hard for you to find a number to contact CORPORATE!!!

Oh and did I forget to mention the laundry room is designed to rip you off. $2 to wash and $2 to dry for 30 mins only. After that 30 mins your clothes WON'T be dry and you'll be forced to spend another $2 to dry so be prepared to pay $4 or more to dry your clothes... The whole Intown Suites brand should be shut down because according to reviews they don't seem to have a decent location! Around the steps smells like a men's restroom as I suppose they just use the area around the steps as a personal bathroom. THIS DUMP SUCKS!!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!!

Original review: May 26, 2019

Had reservations at Pressley location in Charlotte and gave away my room. I was upset bc had nowhere else to go. They apologized and gave me another reservation for North Tryon location the next day bc everywhere else was full and the head manager Dustin assured me it wouldn’t happen again and he also ended up gave away my room saying that there was emergency in another room so he had to give them ours. We had to sleep in car for 3 nights bc this happens on Friday and Saturday and they're closed on Sundays. I was very very upset. Since then I throws to call and emailed the numbers and customer complains on their website like I was informed by both managers and I have yet to get a response.

This is unprofessional and horrible management and leadership. Where is the customer service. They could’ve offered me some ya free week or nights off week to make up for the discomfort for sleeping in car with my wife and dog. I have yet to speak to anyone and I feel they should compensate us with some good customer service. I do want to come stay there. I love the rooms and price but refuse to until I get something for all this discomfort. If you make reservations anywhere there should be no reason the company should give away your reservations under no conditions. We plan on that and you let us down twice. It would be nice to be contacted by someone I been trying to.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Due to a plumbing accident at our room, even the plumber confirmed that it wasn’t our fault. There was a white/clear cord wrapped around the water shut off valve and when the valve was twisted, it snagged out of the wall. Maintenance took over 15min to respond before we tried to use the shut off valve. Yet even after all of this information was confirmed by the plumber we still were put on a do not rent list. I stayed there for a total of 5/6 months and during my stay we were moved over 4 times due to room malfunctioning issues whether it was the lock constantly locking us out, leaking ceiling, flooding from the toilet upstairs. We were still to blame and the hotel took no responsibility. I will be reporting this incident and making a formal complaint against your company. As the treatment of my family was utterly disgraceful.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intown Suites?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

This is one of the worst places I’ve ever stayed, and would hope you would read all reviews on Intown Suites as they all seem to be the same way and treat their customers the same way. Not worth the money for the treatment you receive. I was there for a quite a while and seen the place go from barely bearable to very unacceptable. I will start with the “Queens” in the office or as they like to think they are is “God”. You do not want to deal with these two. They are soo mean, lazy and act like they are blind to all the drugs that are on the property to the amount of people in a room. It’s also supposed to be no animals on property and they allow all kinds of dogs to stay there. You ask them to help you or fix something. They tell you to tell someone else.

Who’s that someone else? The lazy maintenance that pretends the problem doesn’t exist so they won’t have to deal with it or the old man that can’t even carry things up the stairs without having a heart attack which is supposed to be security but he calls himself maintenance too. So if anything breaks on your stay good luck getting it fixed even if it’s detrimental to your health. They will pretend it doesn’t exist. I could go on with this forever but all I can say is save yourself a heartache.

The cleaning ladies are pretty much useless. They don’t clean. They come in and move things around or touch and take your items even though rules state they won’t touch your belongings. Don’t believe it. Cleaning people are also there to find the deceased bodies that are left there from a Saturday. When one of the “Queens” opened the door saw body lying there (as told by the “Queen“ herself) closed the door supposedly thinking he was sleeping until the cleaning lady finds him on Monday. I became friends with one of the cleaning ladies that told me what really happened and said, “It’s a pretty normal thing. Just in case you ever smell a strange odor.”

The other thing is you never have peace of mind as you don’t really have the room to yourself. You think ok my cleaning day is this day. That will be the only time they’ll be in the room, this isn’t true. They will make up reasons sometimes multiple times a week. They will go in there and you won’t be told they were in there until you find a flyer laying there or something moved. Now for the building itself, it’s dumpy. “Queen” doesn’t do anything to make it presentable or livable. They state they have wireless internet and charges 7.00 for it but good luck getting connected to it and staying connected. They state they have cable if you think the basic channels plus maybe a few other channels is cable then they have cable. They only have two stove burners which in most of the rooms are put on backwards and very little cabinet space. Make sure you bring your own shampoo, conditioner, and soap as it's not supplied. Don’t forget the toilet paper.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

This place lack of customer services from manager to handyman. The cleaning ladies are ok. This place have ants, bed bugs, dirty dealings in bathroom, the cleaning ladies really don’t clean good. Management does not care about your needs, not even corporate. I complain about an issue that management did resolve and they didn’t had the courtesy to answer my email. I stay there for six months to save money to buy a house, but it was bad. The other guests never respected other guests' time. If you address it to management they really don’t do anything. This place is not to be trusted or stay. They show pictures of upgrade, but is not especially the one from 7490 Culebra Rd San Antonio, TX.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Manager (Chris **) was always friendly and professional. He was always honest and most helpful & a joy to work with. It rebuilds my trust in knowing there are businesses who still care for their clients and value repeat business. Your entire staff were friendly and so helpful.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I needed a place to stay. I had asked family members if I could stay with them. Their first response was no so I had no choice but to get emergency lodging at an Intown Suite. I arrived to talk to front desk clerk that said, "If you would like to see a room that is available just hand over driver's license as collateral." I said, "No. I want to see the room and see if it was to my liking." It was livable so I went back to front desk and signed some electronic papers and I paid for a week's stay. They gave me the room key. So I said I'll go get my things and move in.

Well, family member said, "You can stay with me." So I went back to see if I could get money I put down for the room. Clerk said there are no refunds. And my response is, "I didn't even occupy the room let alone put my belongings into it, so why are there no refunds?" Unfortunately I tried corporate number and customer service and to this date neither have called back to my inquiry. Takes time to look into situation but a courtesy callback saying, "We received your complaint. We are looking into it and apologize for any misunderstandings." No go on that also.

Maybe some Intown Suites are nice to live in and maybe they do accommodate their guests but I would advise anyone that comes to San Antonio not to go to the Intown Suite located at 7490 Culebra Rd. They might take your money and not refund you for it or they will not call you at all to address your issue with their Intown Suites. No one is made of money so I guess at this point I'm out of 300 dollars that included tax. I have time stamps to verify when I checked in to when I wanted to get my refund. I did hand over electronic key to front desk clerk which nonchalantly put into his pocket.

UPDATE ON 08/13/2018: So since 8/8/18 I have not received any phone calls regarding refund of money towards room. Unfortunately I had hoped we could work it out as civilized humans. But to this date no calls, no, "We're sorry for what has transpired and we'll get on it to remedy the situation", no apology of any kind. It's sad to know that an honest person gets cheated out of hard earn money for services that were not rendered by this company. If some wonder it's a hotel chain called Intown Suites.

Original review: July 29, 2018

The manager was very rude and the room she showed us smelled very bad with urine on the bathroom floor. All the furniture was trashed. I have never seen such filth. She even wanted to charge me 95.00 a night. Total joke when you can get a room online there for 38.00 a night. I am so glad we went to check it out first.

Intown Suites Company Information