1.15/5
Based on 47 reviews that contain star ratings

49 Intown Suites Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 9, 2018

I needed a place to stay. I had asked family members if I could stay with them. Their first response was no so I had no choice but to get emergency lodging at an Intown Suite. I arrived to talk to front desk clerk that said, "If you would like to see a room that is available just hand over driver's license as collateral." I said, "No. I want to see the room and see if it was to my liking." It was livable so I went back to front desk and signed some electronic papers and I paid for a week's stay. They gave me the room key. So I said I'll go get my things and move in.

Well, family member said, "You can stay with me." So I went back to see if I could get money I put down for the room. Clerk said there are no refunds. And my response is, "I didn't even occupy the room let alone put my belongings into it, so why are there no refunds?" Unfortunately I tried corporate number and customer service and to this date neither have called back to my inquiry. Takes time to look into situation but a courtesy callback saying, "We received your complaint. We are looking into it and apologize for any misunderstandings." No go on that also.

Maybe some Intown Suites are nice to live in and maybe they do accommodate their guests but I would advise anyone that comes to San Antonio not to go to the Intown Suite located at 7490 Culebra Rd. They might take your money and not refund you for it or they will not call you at all to address your issue with their Intown Suites. No one is made of money so I guess at this point I'm out of 300 dollars that included tax. I have time stamps to verify when I checked in to when I wanted to get my refund. I did hand over electronic key to front desk clerk which nonchalantly put into his pocket.

UPDATE ON 08/13/2018: So since 8/8/18 I have not received any phone calls regarding refund of money towards room. Unfortunately I had hoped we could work it out as civilized humans. But to this date no calls, no, "We're sorry for what has transpired and we'll get on it to remedy the situation", no apology of any kind. It's sad to know that an honest person gets cheated out of hard earn money for services that were not rendered by this company. If some wonder it's a hotel chain called Intown Suites.

Original review: July 29, 2018

The manager was very rude and the room she showed us smelled very bad with urine on the bathroom floor. All the furniture was trashed. I have never seen such filth. She even wanted to charge me 95.00 a night. Total joke when you can get a room online there for 38.00 a night. I am so glad we went to check it out first.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 23, 2018

ZEROOO STARS IF I COULD!!! I beyond hated my stay I didn't even stay. I had to check out. Let me start with making reservations for a queen size and no smoking room at 9 a.m. The lady over the phone told me that I could check in from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., I arrived at 12:30 (on my lunch break at work) to check in. I told the desk attendant I had reservations and was ready to pay and get my key to my room. She proceeded to tell me, they don't go by the reservations, they sell the rooms they have available and that check-in isn't until 3 pm. I'm like... "The lady I made my reservations with told me I could check-in from 10 am until 9 pm." She paused and said she will see what she has ready. So I say ok, well I just need a single bed for a week. (What I reserved...) She told me different prices for the rooms. I was supposed to pay $208 for a week. Her price $225.

She tells me to go check room 206. I go up the stairs to the room... The keys she gave me don't work. I go back and let her know, she gives me 2 more to try. I go back, get the door opened and to my surprise... A COUPLE ARE IN THERE!!! I had to apologize abundantly to them. I told them the lady was checking me into their room and went back down to the office. I tell her. She seems so surprised and clueless. Her words: "Whhhaaatt? Somebody's in there??" I'm like YEAH... (Remind you I'm still on my lunch break. 15 min). She tells me go to room 113 with her... She knocks. Yells "management" and opens the door wide enough for her to stuck her head in. She looks around and closes the door back and says it's not cleaned. They only have 1 housekeeper, to give the house keeper til 3 and she will have it done for me. I tell her ok.

In the back of my head I'm saying what could be wrong with the room other than sheets, towels, sanitary cleaning right... Ok. I go back to work. (I still don't get off of work until 6 pm.) 3 pm rolls around and I'm kind of busy at work at the moment anyway. I wait until 3:40 and I'm able to go back by the motel. I get to the desk and she gives me the keys. I go to the room. 113. As soon as I opened the door. I get the strongest scent of cigarettes & cat piss!!! The cover to the a/c vent is missing!! Room STILL was not CLEANEDDD!!! I go BACK to the office and complain! I know you're probably saying why keep trying with these people. I was saying the same. She tells me she can do me a KING bed after trying to put me in 2 previous rooms with 2 BEDS.

I get a third room... This one I finally just went for my camera. I put my own sheets in the bed after having to yet again COMPLAIN... Hair in my sheets. Long strands... Not 1 or 2. 5 and 6. My microwave wasn't cleaned... My fridge wasn't cleaned... My BATHROOM wasn't cleaned... Holes in the walls. I had 1 face towel and a floor towel. (Upon MY bathroom smelled very funny. I go request another room because... BLACK MOLD IS THE FUNNY SMELL IN THE BATHROOM. The lady calls her boss and tells him that I'm trying to check out and I paid with a card. She would not tell him the reason I was in the office or how many time that her and her 1 staffed team managed to screw everything up from my point of checking in to me mysteriously saying I wanted to check completely out... I took my receipt from where she had my money refunded to my card and left.

I WILL NEVERRR RETURN TO HATTIESBURG INTOWN SUITES!!! I changed my own sheets, cleaned my own microwave and fridge (like I was at home) and basically told to leave because I requested the room I was going to be in for a whole week & paid for, not just 1 night... to be up to standards but I was told ALL ROOMS ARE CLEANED TO INTOWN SUITES' STANDARDS... Not from what I remember. I LIVED here for a year before this new rude and unprofessional staff came. It was never like this. I have been trying to contact corporate SINCE!!!! JULY 19,2018!! Camille ** and sneaky helper!! They are more interested in holding loud meetings under the stairwell than tend to the CUSTOMER!! I RECOMMEND NEWER MANAGEMENT if InTown Suites wants to continue to have a respectable name...

Original review: May 23, 2018

My experience was one of the worst. The room stunk so bad had to go out and get a candle and matches. Staff and Repairmen in two time. We rented for a week. Bed is awful. It hurt our back so bad. Housekeeping was suppose to come in on Wednesday and they came in both Wednesday and Tuesday. Everything was so cheap. The bedspread wouldn't stay on the bed. It was dirty and the building is starting to lean. Front door wouldn't shut with cracks of light coming through. Bathroom dirty. Everything was VERY DIRTY. UGH. one tiny bar of soap for two people and one roll of toilet paper. Yikes.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I stayed at InTown Suites in 2018 and received very poor customer service regarding my safety. The hotel has a security and cameras; but yet it was the hotel employees who were involved. While staying at the hotel, housekeeping cleaned my room one morning while I was out. When I returned, I decided to put my stuff together. I noticed that housekeeping had taken a pin off my hat which I had stuck on it, and put it under the bag that I had placed the hat in. I figured that she had tried on my hat, but because it was not in a brand new condition she decided to put it back. I do not know if she had not searched through my other stuff. But, now I feel very uncomfortable with the staff.

The maintenance staff has been very helpful and cordial. The property manager, I believe, is a cop who I believe is also involved. And I believe that some cops of the police force - maybe Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department - planned this. Just this morning, between 6:00am and 6:15am, there was a very loud noise outside the door. The cameras can be checked to see who it was outdoors at this time.

The reason I believe that the cops are involved is because of what I reported sometime in perhaps September - October of 2017. As I believe I stated previously, I stayed at InTown Suites 7410 North Tryon Charlotte NC 28213 - near Rocky River Road - from approximately January 28 - February 26, 2014. I was lodged opposite a cop. He frequented my room while I was out during the day and stole my stuff. Late one night, I thought he might enter while I was asleep. So I hid in the kitchenette, under the sink. He entered after midnight and stayed until almost 6:00am; he did not make a sound.

On another occasion, upon entering the room after returning I noticed another cop viewing the door of the room where I stayed. I told management of this incident. Also, on another night, a couple of cops came by the room that I was in with a dog and stayed near the door. I do not know why. I called a former mayor's phone and spoke to his wife. I also tried to call the headquarters of my former employer because they operate 24-hours.

And furthermore on another day, two cops in an SUV, drove by and parked in the parking lot while the female cop took down information on a laptop in the front-passenger seat. How can you call 911 when law enforcement is involved in crime? Yet, I do not know why these cops were present at these times. I had only found a place to stay after I had left family. Please look into these matters as soon as you all can. And if InTown Suites has to be closed as 8000 Starbucks stores will be or if these employees have to be fired, then so be it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intown Suites?

Original review: March 11, 2018

Yesterday morning while getting ready for work, I turned the faucet on in the bathroom. Water was leaking from the base of it then thru the top so as I proceeded to turn it off, the handle blew up in my hand. Water spewed from the faucet in fountain fashion reaching the ceiling. I called the night attendant and told him of the situation. He told me to just turn the water off. Now they know I am disabled. Have a boot on, and use a walker to walk: I told him I didn't know how to do it. He told me to go under the sink and turn the knob. So I tried to get down under the sink and turn the knob with all that water going everywhere. All of a sudden hot water was coming out. I went to the other side to turn it off but fell into the wall and broke my glasses. I managed to get it off but couldn't see very well.

The attendant told me to put towels at the door. Water was from the bathroom to the far end of the food extending into the kitchenette. He finally came and brought me a mop and bucket. I told him I had to get to work. He asked me to move the baskets out of the bathroom so he could mop, I told him, "Those things are soaking wet and I told you I'm on my way to work". I did move my clothing box (which I paid $13.00 for) to the door as those clothes were too expensive to get wet as they are dry clean only. I went to work. An hour later my back and hands started hurting. On my break, I called the reservation line and was told that she would send an email to the office manager.

When I got off from work, I called the office and let him know that I was I mired and my glasses were broken that I may be able to get away with just a new frame. He just said ok and I can change my room if I wanted to. I let him know I was going to the Emergency room he hung up. I called while at the Emergency room to get the company's insurance information. He just said I can change my room. I called the facility to corporate office and was told to call another number that you couldn't leave a voicemail. I googled another customer service number and was told that they would send an email.

The doctor said I had first degree burns and I was hot because I was technically still cooking. I went back to the hotel and the attendant offered another room which only had a shower. I told him that would be difficult for me so he gave me the room on the opposite side of the building. He just brought me a shopping cart and said I have all weekend to move my things. He never apologized or asked if I was ok nor addressed any of my concerns. The heat in the room had been turned up to 75 degrees. A lot of my belongings have permanent damage. Later that night, the night attendant gave me my towels back and said they washed them. I wish you could see what the call washed. They are hard as a brick. It's like they were just thrown in a dryer and folded up. I was up all night as since my back is burned I couldn't get comfortable. Either the feeling in my hands is compromised or the water in this room barely gets lukewarm.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I have be at Intown Suites for about a year. I am finally in a position to move, but there are things others need to know before renting a room there. To begin with, the service... management is very poor. Card readers for door constantly not working, and you have to continually get someone to open the door so you can get in a room that you are paying for. I had to do without working lights inside room, ac/heater unit. And in the mist of all the inconvenience they cause you, they still a point to put in your face... no pay, no stay. I don't have a issue with paying as long as you are treated fairly. I will not stay at another Intown Suites. My experience has been one of the worst ones in my life.

Original review: March 11, 2018

When I came here a few years ago it was nice. However coming back has been frustrating. The maintenance man is the most tired and sorry sap I've ever seen. This nasty bathroom toilet leaks, the pee out because there is no caulking around it. I told him three times it needs to be done and he keep saying he's coming and never come. But he sees me in passing and doesn't say nothing. But the kicker is the office manager I don't know where they found that corroded demon but I have to mentally prepare myself to go and deal with her. I come in on various occasion just for mail or key. If no one is there she makes me wait 5 to 20 min before she service me. She never greets me, she doesn't say not one word. When she's ready she'll give me a look and then I can get what I need. Normally I never have mail and if the package says delivered it's never available for me to get. Oddly enough when my husband goes in there he gets it huh.

We were late one time throughout our stay and the one time she called the police and said we had to leave that night. We didn't know we could pay for a day. We thought we had to pay for the whole week, my husband lost his wallet that day and she didn't explain all the rules. We never left end result. How about for about 3 weeks I would get my key redone and it would never work on the door hmmm. How is that possible? One day the maintenance man responded to a note that I need service on my stove because it was making like gunshot sounds out of nowhere (come to find out the light blew out). 2 weeks after I put it in for his help. Upon asking me about my stove I said the light blew but the stove works fine. I said, "But you know my key never works and I have to leave my door unlocked anytime I have to do something." He said, "Oh no I came right over and said it had to be reprogrammed," and he reprogrammed it.

Now she is the only one who can deactivate the door so no one is to go to and from right. So every time she redid my keys she knew it wouldn't work, I would come back right after she did it and have her do it again and again. She would play stupid. Now doesn't it sound like she is trying to provoke me. My carpet is so nasty one day. I spilled water on it and I had on brand new white socks and I stepped in it by accident. Don't you know when I took it off it looked like mold on my foot, I threw it away. It was so nasty so I put the sheet on the carpet so I can walk on it. My bed mattress has a big dip in it like a huge 600 pound person stayed in there all day and didn't move. My toilet leaks pee because the caulking is gone.

My fridge leaks and the day he came to clean it he took some rusted and molded water from the external back of the fridge, dumped, put it back. Said he would come back on Friday to make sure it's working good and he never showed up any day after that to inquire. There is so much rust on the bottom of my door and fridge. When my door is closed and I cook something flies come in and water bugs. There is a huge draft and when I asked him 3 different times to put a door protector on it at the bottom showed where it was at he identified it and all 3 times said he would put in an order. When I saw him in passing I asked about it. He said, "Oh it's going to take a long time to come because we are out. I have to order it. I'm thinking again so you never ordered it."

The doors on my kitchen sink at the bottom the screws are so rusty I have to use a rope to keep them up. The only good thing here is the maids well 2 of them. Anyway they are real sweet. They were here the first time I came so that's nice. I called corporate 4 times and I left my name and number and asked for them to call me whenever they get a chance and no one has replied.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

I'm in the Intown Suites Six Flags 2211 North Collins Street Arlington, Tx. 76011. I been here 3 weeks and didn't have any problems until this morning... Because I refuse room service. So the manager name ** knocks on my door to ask if I refuse service and I stated yes. Then she requested a property inspection and I said yes. So she step in questioning how many guest was living in the room which is myself, my husband & child... which is clearly on my reservation. Then she started asking, "Do ** know it's 3 in here," and keep in mind he check us in to begin with. And online it says my room is for 3 people and ** stated herself it's a room for 3 people. Throughout all of this she didn't ask me how was my day and am I enjoying my room this far. She walk out the room... without saying thank you. I felt like she check my room with the intent to find something and because she was unsatisfied she wanted to pick somewhere else.

So I went to the front office in hopes to speak with someone about this issue and she was the only one there. I ask her for corporate number which at first she refuse stating she was busy at the moment... And she ask me what's the problem. That's when I stated to her about her actions and keep in mind not one time not saying sorry and was in defense with attitude throughout the ordeal... No smile or nothing. Everyone else greet me with smiles and very professional. So when I told her wait a min. Let me video record her statement that's when she decide she will stop everything to give me corporate number.

I have proof 'cause the housekeeper witness everything. Me and my 2 year old were woke out our nap time to be harassed. That is unprofessional and it made me feel embarrassed to be treated that way. She didn't even inspected the full room. Keep in mind there isn't much storage space so I have clothes in storage tubs and baskets. The room is tiny for 334.59 a week... So where am I suppose to store my items. I was happy with their services until today.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

First, the pros: this is one of the few places in the area that has decent weekly rates. Cons: the advertised weekly rate when we arrived was $219.99. This does not include a substantial amount of taxes, which brought the figure up to almost $265/week. In the six weeks we stayed there, we encountered the following problems in our room: The room air conditioner/heater was not working correctly. Having knowledge of these units, I identified that it had a faulty interior (room) thermostat. It took 3 calls to the front desk/.talk with maintenance to get the unit changed. The wall sleeve that the air conditioner sat in was rusted thru/split on the right side, which leaked condensate all over my shoes twice. This issue was never fixed.

The toilet kept plugging up. Again, having worked hotel maintenance myself, I identified a too-low float/tank level and a water saver flap valve as the culprits. Maintenance changed the flap, I adjusted the float level, but still it clogged constantly. Maintenance left us a plunger, which was used every few days for 6 weeks. The sconce light on the wall was damaged/loose, and was never replaced/fixed. The appliance light over the stove went out, maintenance took 2 days to replace. One burner on the stove didnt work, probably due to busted/burnt contacts on the element or the slot it locks in to. Never fixed. The GFCI receptacle above the half-functioning stovetop kept tripping no matter what we plugged in. Maintenance said they did not have a replacement, they'd get one Monday (reported problem on a Thursday). A week and a half later when we checked out, it still wasnt fixed.

Both the kitchen and bathroom sinks drained extremely poorly. I reported both these issues, and they were never even half assed addressed with like LIquid PLumber. The bathroom sink's p-trap was wrapped in what appeared to be clear packing tape and was cocked badly, like it was broken or cross-threaded. The picture above our heads on the bed fell off with the slightest touch because it wasnt mounted correctly. This could have been very painful/injurious had it fallen on us. This issue was also never fixed.

About the 3rd week there, the front desk ran (and billed) my card twice due to a glitch in their computer. Tho that was fixed asap, it still was another problem there. We got a snow while there, the parking lot was half-assed plowed and we had a very hard time getting to our vehicle. There was no ventilation for the bathroom. Since there is no local fan, there must be a roof fan, and it was inoperable. Also, the light above the sink was noticeable loose from the wall.

There were other problems as well with the front desk and the security guy, who is anything but. Almost every morning, some guest was burning their ** breakfast and stinking up the floor, the exterior door near us had constant problems with either slamming shut or failing to close, the dumpster was overflowing half the time, it was just one thing after another. The people on the second floor above us must have been practicing for a grape stomp or hoe-down, and this went on for hours at night many days a week. The building constantly smelled of weed, cops were there all the time, and two people died in their rooms while we were there (Not the hotel's fault but still).

I could have forgiven all of that above, but we ultimately decided to try another ITS because of the problems in our room and they said they didnt have another room of our type (Which I learned was a lie). We checked in to another ITS on a Thursday afternoon. That room had problems, but we didnt get a chance to complain. Friday mid day, we get a call from the front desk saying we had to leave IMMEDIATELY, because they found bed bugs in our room at the other property.

I saw on their security man's report weeks before that 2 other rooms had "BB" written on them, and that they were being treated for bed bugs. LIke Dusty ** of Hampton, VA wrote on her review, any bugs in our room had to have come from another room, as we didnt see any or get bit the whole time we were there. What pissed me off is we got kicked out of another property with no notice or caring, like WE brought the bugs to them. Rather than risk our belongings, my wife and I threw out our brand new pillows, sheets, and comforter, to the tune of a $250 loss.

Bottom line is that InTown Suites are older, questionably maintained properties with not so great staff. My friend who still stays there says they had a health inspection a few weeks ago and failed, and that was the reason the elevator was shut down - it hadnt had (or failed) its yearly inspection. The only thing they have over a regular room is a full sized fridge and a stove. If you need to stay somewhere, buy a hotplate and a dorm fridge or used full sized one off of CL for a hundred bucks. The room itself was small, had nasty carpet, which we vacuumed daily with our own vac. There is no free breakfast, limited cable, tho the wifi was decent at the 1st ITS we stayed at - the second one was nearly useless, as was its shower valve and water pressure.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I paid $245 at first because it said that a 1 bedroom was for 3 people. The property manager took my week's rent while the fire alarm was going on when I first arrived and then told me I had to go outside until fire station turned alarm off but she would answer any questions right after that. After that I went to ask questions because I was told nothing and actually the 1st room I was given a key to had people cussing and yelling already in there...so had to go back for another key. Full size bed was too small for small child and married couple so paid $11 more for week for Queen size bedroom which was a little bigger that barely held 3. We checked in on Saturday and paid til next Saturday. Tuesday toilet got plugged. We were given plunger and me walking with rollator walker and my 10 yr old autistic epileptic IDD ADHD daughter K level tried unplunging it.

When we did it flooded the room with sewer room ruining all we had with us. Tried asking that night because they got up water but didn't clean it. Refused and office closed. My baby had feces in her toes. Asked next day if we could have another room. When told no asked if we could have a refund/partial. Told no or check into another nearby property they said no. Maintenance guy threw things around while sweeping up water causing much anxiousness for my whole family. Lost everything we had. Called corporate. They tried to help me said only property open was 3 hours away in different state and we only had 1 hr to go. We had no money left. Asked to call different property for 1 night till it could be resolved next day. Refused. Told to sleep in cold with no coats, blankets or pillows in small car in freezing weather and call property manager during tomorrow.

Did 2x left messages during business hours 2 hrs before closed...tried calling guest services 800# left messages...went to property refused to give money back or room that was able to stay in by humans. So I was left on streets all family shelters in area filled. Tried welfare for emergency assistance-denied. Tried few other places. No help. Look me up on FB under Heather ** (maybe **) just got married Monday real nice...right? Left to panhandle for gas & food. Finally slept in car lots of run-ins with cops and hassle till Saturday am finally true blessing met Q in Bostic NC. She gave us a place to stay by ourselves in a church, toiletries, food, very helpful people...when I get on my feet I will give my tithes & offerings to Q at Empowerment in Rutherfordton County & Cleveland County. She saved our lives! We are waiting for power to be turned on in 2 bed 1 bath apartment. She is a preacher and true gift from God.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Gen manager is so rude and hateful she needs to be fired. We have been here for 2months and have paid by the day since we got here. As of a week ago was told to pay by 1pm and we have tried but they did not say anything for 45 days. Yesterday was told to check out by 1pm tomorrow and when I said to Tanji, "Why are you doing this? We been here for 2months and our phone in room has not worked and our microwave works when it wants to," and today makes 3wks since they have cleaned our room and she said to me, "You could have check out."

She also said my husband was rude to her but I can tell you she has not seen rude. So now we are homeless with our kids and granddaughter. I just don't understand why Intown Suites would let a paying customer be treated this way. And I have other here that could back everything I have said up. I would love to see more people call and go fill out a form to make sure this Tanji gets a new job or a lot more training.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

The female manager Rachel acts like this is a jail she's the warden. On the 26th of Dec 2017 Rachel and a ** guy came to the room which was the day for my unit to be serviced. I opened the door and she barges in claiming to be doing a "Security Scan" of the room. I looking like why. She walks in and go over to the air conditioner which had broken vent lifting and looking on the ac like a cop looking for drugs. She walks back towards me looking around the bed and on the floor like she's still looking for drugs. My wife is using the bathroom and Rachel is still trying to basically walk by me and just disrespect my wife privacy by entering into the bathroom, which I stopped. Not once did she say she was there to clean, just that she was doing a Security Scan.

Now I'm wondering what is going on because on Xmas there was about 8 to 10 cop cars on the premises, then today you in here talking about Security Scan. Everyday after the 26th we would leave and come back to see that certain things had been disheveled or moved as if someone else moved them. We're not getting any sleep now because not only is the bed uncomfortable, old and hard; we now think something is not adding up. I know that there are many people living here with dogs that are not service animals but regular pets, so when my daughter asked if we would watch her dog, which is only 10 pounds, I said sure because there are dogs already out here.

On the 28th of Dec, which is today, my daughter brings the dog and I take her out to the bathroom. I'm not hiding the dog because I've seen several dogs here. I get to room, 2 min later there's banging on the door like the police was knocking and it's, Rachel and her sidekick. I'm thinking that they are about to clean the room since they didn't do it on the 26th. Here's Rachel again trying to overuse her managerial position. She came straight out with lies. Saying the other tenants was complaining about dog noises. I said, “No way!” The dog hadn't been in my room no longer than a couple of hours, so I knew no one had made any complaints. She told me I had 5 minutes to pack up and leave. I told her that I wasn't going to just throw the dog out so she said I had until 2pm and I had to be out. Never once saying who or when the complaints came from.

We arrive back to the room and my wife goes to get Rachel name because at the time we didn't know it. After getting her info my wife goes to leave and Rachel calls her a Fat **. When Rachel was asked what did she say, she felt it was funny so she laughed. The room is filthy!!! The area around cooking area haven't been cleaned in a long time, there's this big dust circle of spider webbing in ceiling, poor wall sockets, dirt and grim all around the floorboards and on the doors and walls.

The tv constantly resets itself and mute volume, broken ac vents, broken table, bed with no support like sleeping on rocks, water leaks in sink, and nasty poop looking stains on walls. Rachel says that they would never renew a stay with them became of the dog but I never felt like she wanted us here anyway due to all the harassment. I've not gotten any sleep since 26th, I feel like a criminal (with all the Security Scans), the room is filthy and I would never stay here again, even if paid too.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Don't ever complained about anything or they will kick you out even if you stayed there for about a year and paying on time or a week ahead. Never get to reach corporate about complaints or they never call you back. Don't ever stay at Intown Suites in Aurora on Evans Ave.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

I'm giving this review because I stayed here a month. My very first time here during the check-in process I endured a very nasty attitude from the front desk host. She was not a pleasant woman. From then on I still had to deal with attitude. I stopped going to the desk after 2 weeks to avoid the negativity given from the front desk host. I don't plan on coming back and maybe they should hire someone a little more friendly.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I just bought a brand new Kia Soul that is midnight black in color. I purchased the car just before hurricane Irma hit Florida. My house was damaged and is unlivable. I have been staying at Intown Suites while my house is getting repaired. I came out of my room on October 17, 2017 to find a huge ding in my right passenger door and the paint chipped. Whomever hit my door hit it hard without care. People can be so rude. To me I consider that hit and run. To me, they have ruined the appearance of my car.

It was bad enough that I lost my home to Irma but then I to find this was just overwhelming. It seems that I continue to lose after this hurricane. Intown Suites allows kids to throw and kick their football in the parking lot and where cars are parked. The night before I just told these kids to be careful and not hit the cars as it worried me. I wish I could hold Intown Suites responsible for this. If you care about your car I advise you not to go to Intown Suites in Orange Park Florida.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

Do NOT EVER stay here if your life is worth anything! The extra $100 somewhere else can save your life. Hubby and I come to Charlotte for a week yearly for Nascar. We booked late so I picked this place. Worst decision of my life. The place makes you feel very scared. Seems to be a monthly place for anyone: loud college students, homeless looking people, people drinking outside on folding chairs. We tried to look past it since we were only sleeping there but the 1st night people walked up and down outside halls yelling hitting our windows, etc. The second night we can back to a huge party bring had at two rooms by ours. Tons of people all over the place, very loud, hammered, yelling, fighting, etc. we ran into our room and tried to sleep.

A few hours of tossing and turning because of fights outside, we heard loud shots. We were frightened and saw people running. The police showed up banging on our door yelling at us, but they found out the room next to us had the party and fights and someone shot into that room into our room. We were very lucky because the shots came into our room but missed us because it hit a water line in our bathroom. Water started to flood our room. We got the hell out of there!!! Drove up to Huntersville and stayed in a overpriced room because we were freaked out. I couldn't calm down for hours. We did stop back to try to get a refund but they never refunded us a penny. They had "tenants" in there complaining about no water being on even late into the afternoon. They never apologized or felt sorry. I had nightmares for a while. Stay away, not worth saving a few dollars. I'll never do that again. The lowest of the low motels ever!!!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I had the pleasure of staying @ the InTown Suites on the Eastside of Columbus Ohio, as I was in the middle of relocating from out of state. Young lady to check me in was very sweet, helpful & and very welcoming to her hotel and her wonderful city. I was able to choose from a couple different rooms did they had available & both of the rooms that I looked at were clean & newly renovated & refurnished. I didn't really see a lot of the housekeeper, but it was obvious to me she was staying busy. Other than Michelle, the Front Desk Manager, I really appreciated & enjoyed having conversations & debates I had with the nighttime Property Attendant Jim.

After locking myself out of my room, very early one morning, I had the pleasure of being a guest in his & his wife's room. They offered me a cup of coffee & a snack, I found myself really enjoying the company of my two new friends. I no longer felt like I was a stranger in a new place. Jim was always busy helping people get into their rooms, picking up trash outside & mopping the floors. I am really glad that I stayed there & even more for the two new friends that I made just because I locked myself out of my room. It's not always about where you are staying that counts & matters, but the helpful, friendly & caring people that you may be lucky enough to meet or have met on your journey.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I checked into InTown Suites in Metairie, LA 4409 Hearst. The Hotel room was dirty, the microwave had outside damage and the mattress was old with stains on them. I can see this was from the wear and tear of renting this room out over time and thought this is probably why the room was so cheap to rent to begin with. I also noticed while I was there the hotel was upgrading and replacing rooms with new appliances and I thought eventually they would come to my room but they never did. When I decided to check out of the hotel room on Saturday with hotel clerk ** everything seemed to be fine. I heard no complaints about anything.

I checked my bank account the next day on Sunday at 7:48 p.m. Someone from InTown Suites Charged my card $100.00 dollars. I called InTown Suites and the Manager ** picks up the phone and I asked her why was my card charged. Her tone of voice changed and she started yelling and saying she is charging me for damages. ** named the Ice box, Stove, Mattress, and Microwave all of which was in that condition when I arrived and Since this location is replacing their appliances already they are wrongfully charging for items that need to be upgraded on customers.

Original review: July 1, 2017

I checked into the Intown Suites on Beltway 8 in Houston, TX on 5-22-17. I told the manager I wanted to pay for a month so as to avoid paying the taxes. The manager had no idea how to describe anything to me. She charged my card $1,174.95. The weekly rate is $229.99 and the weekly rate for technology fee is $5.00 so total per week is $234.99 times 4 weeks should be $939.96 so I asked why she charged my card $1,174.95. She had no idea and could not explain it to me. It turns out the $1,174.96 is exactly 5 times the weekly rate so would be for 5 weeks. When I told them I was going to check out, I told them on 6-19-17 that I was paid up till 6-26 which was 5 weeks. Then I checked out the morning of 6-26 and left my key. The manager did not say anything to me at all. Then I found that without my permission, they charged my card an additional $70.89.

I sent the emails on their website and called their 800 number. No one ever answered the phone and no response by email. I certainly will never stay at another Intown Suites. I don't know if I can get my $70.89 back or not. So besides the manager not knowing anything, she was very unfriendly. Also there is only someone at the front desk from 11 AM to & 7 PM Mon-Sat. And no one at all on Sundays. Also the advertised high-speed internet was a joke. Took an hour to connect to their Wifi and it was slower than the old dial-up.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Manager need more training to deal with guess. I was attack through threats on housekeeping issues. The professionalism need to be address when they bring in a new manager because if some state they do their own cleaning, do your safety check and leave. No conversation, just safety check air conditioner filter and smoke detector. I have been in nursing for over 43 years and have never seen anything like their cleaning crew.

When you go into a room and use the same mop and broom to sweep a floor that is contamination. Or you cleaning a room that is bug-infested, you must use cloth protector. It is just call protecting the other customers. You should not have some threat you for being clean, because I don't let my kids clean for me because I know how I want things. I am only here because I have been a mortgage fight to get a home loan. Quiet, don't bother no one.

Steve ** should know when he elect a manager that has no people skill. Where your customer is wrong, you don't tell them to shut up... and listen. They may learn something. I have a degree in Business Administration, run my own company, and work for someone else, and know how to treat customers, because if I didn't Kroger would fire me. Please protect the consumer and after hours know courtesy. Office shouldn't come around passing out papers after hours. Almost eight o'clock at night, a knock on the door. I want to just pay and be left alone until I leave from this place.

Original review: April 12, 2017

Unfortunately my family and I had to stay at the InTown Suites in Hampton Virginia. Our house had a fire at the damage put us out temporarily. We noticed that everyone started getting little bites on our skin but we were unable to find things in the beginning. After a long inspection looking really hard we found numerous bed bugs. Not little ones, giant bed bugs that have been there for a while. They were coming through the wall socket and our room and also the light fixtures in the ceiling. When I notified Stephanie at the front desk of the problem her first response was that protocol said we had to be put out of the hotel. After speaking to a law officer he told me that they were able to do that.

So I went to the front and the other option they give me was that I could stay in my room and was unable to be transferred into another room and that Orchid would come out in a week and do a heat treat or they would refund my money and I had to leave. It would never be allowed to stay again at InTown Suites because of their bed bugs. Management there is very orally untrained. When I first got there all the drawers in my kitchen we're following the part which should have been assigned to leave immediately but in a time of need I didn't have much choice. The place is so ghetto. I would never recommend anyone to stay here. Now me and my whole family or having to seek medical attention due to the numerous bed bug bites and especially the ones on my 11-year-old child. They also would not even help with washing my laundry and drying it which is a procedure needed to be done to kill the bed bugs.

Original review: April 7, 2017

Worst place I've ever stayed, I believe I am being treated badly because I am **. First night after paying for week I could not get my key. 2nd night my key would not work. No one will answer a phone. The voice box for corporate office was full I'm sure with complaints. The air does not work. After I finally got in and only one light works in the entire room. Nasty smelling, awful and won't give me back my money.

Original review: March 8, 2017

I reserved this room on Thursday, February 28th as I was sent on a work assignment requiring myself to travel and find accommodations in a short window. I had very low expectations, but knew it would only be for a week. My low expectations would be paradise right now. When I arrived the manager, Lou Ann, told me that my reservation didn't matter. "We received 40 reservations last night alone, I doubt we'll be able to accommodate you. Please go outside and come back in 10 minutes. Maybe we'll have a room for you." I returned, she handed me a key and told me that this was the only room available. With no other options, facing either sleeping on the street or taking the only room available, I took the room. Upon entering I was smacked in the face with a musty, mildew-ridden stench that made my eyes water.

Upon further inspection, I found the largest cockroach I have laid my eyes upon, alive in the shower. I proceed to look around, identifying mold on every visible wall. There are outlets without covers, exposed wires hanging out of the drywall. Visible black mold growing in the corners of the room. Holes in the corners of the wall from what I can only assume are from the creation of rodents. I had no other option, my card had already been charged $266. Far off from the advertised $159 weekly rate.

The first night, I slept in full clothes to avoid any chance of bug bites. Telling myself it was only temporary. I wake up at 6 am to prepare for my 10 hour work day to a violent pain in my toe. It turned out to be an OPEN safety pin hidden at the bottom of the bed sheets. Then as I'm grabbing my clothes out of my suitcase, I find another medium size cockroach on the carpet and a THIRD COCKROACH on the dresser.

I attempt to turn the sink on to brush my teeth to find that the plumbing is broken and water sprays out the back of the faucet. Yet another BUILDING CODE VIOLATION. Furious about my current predicament, I head into my office for work. On route I attempt to call the phone number for the GM. The phone is DISCONNECTED. After 10 hours of strenuous work, reality sets in that I have to return to literal hell.

By the time I return from work, the GM has left work for the day and the security guard informs me there is nothing that can be done. I enter my room not knowing what to expect. I did not sleep that night, there were too many hookers trying to score in the rooms beside me. Oh, the used needles in the parking lot add a nice touch as well.

I wake up to take a shower, only to find an ANIMAL BONE on the bathroom floor. I skipped my shower. Upon heading to work I find the corporate customer care number to discover my only option is to leave a message. I do. Three days later I still have no communication from anyone. Monday morning, as I head to work, I leave a message via their online submission. It's now Tuesday and I have received no communication. No email, no phone call, nothing. HORRIBLE SERVICE. Thankfully, my advance from work hits my account Wednesday morning, March 8th, and I can escape the literal hell hole I'm currently trapped in. I would call the police right now if I wasn't terrified to sleep out on the streets with my laptop. SHAME ON YOU INTOWN SUITES.

Original review: March 2, 2017

Here are the facts: Feb 25, 2017 8:13 AM: We (my husband and I) made an online reservation through intownsuites.com for arrival on Feb 28, 2017 for two weeks. Feb 25, 2017 8:14 AM: We received an official confirmation letter from mlt@intownsuites.com confirming dates and a rate of $219.99 a week plus taxes. Feb 27, 2017 11:30 AM: Attempted to check-in at the hotel. The front desk agent saw the email reservation with the $219.99 rate IN THEIR SYSTEM. The agent told me that they could not honor that rate and gave me the number of the corporate office (800-769-1670).

Feb 27, 2017 11:45 AM - 1PM: I spent over an hour trying to reach someone at the corporate office, for the majority of that time the customer complaint mailbox was full and I was unable to leave a message. I finally left a message, but only after every reservation agent I spoke to told me that they would not honor the confirmed rate. Feb 27, 2017 1:11 PM: After exhausting every reasonable course of action and feeling trapped by the situation, I paid the higher rate. Mar 1, 2107: My husband and I exchanged email messaged with a general counsel from Intown Suites corporate office in Atlanta,GA where he accused us of fabricating the original message with the low rate and told us the matter was closed.

It is unbelievable that a major company and hotel chain like InTown Suites refused to honor a rate that was sent to one of its customers in good faith. Some of the reservation agents I spoke with indicated that this must have been some kind of computer glitch. That is not our responsibility but the responsibility of InTown Suites. We deserve an apology from the company and a refund of the difference in the rate that was offered and the rate that we paid ($287.50). All backup documentation is available including the original email message from the hotel chain.

Original review: March 2, 2017

I stayed at Intown suites in Jackson MS in Feb 2017. I stay frequently at others in the construction industry but never had the experience of a Manager being so rude and staff being helpful. I tried contacting their home office with no response and it's unacceptable in any industry to do this. If you stay here know they have a promise policy and non negotiable policy about being nice, courteous and helpful. I decided it was bad enough to not just allow.

When I was treated like trash and from the Manager and with no sense of concern from the corporate office I said ok. Country health dept, country code enforcement, state licensing board, fire dept inspections etc was my best option and a letter of intent to sue over the failure of their own promises. I just hope this hotel learns its lessons. I wasn't throwing my money to people who had different rules for different people I used my tax dollars paid local agency's to deal with them. It was my best way as after I had enough it just became unacceptable and every city in America has these services.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

First of all manager acts like anyone and everyone who resides at this place is treated like you live in prison. And finally after complaining over and over about horrible, moldy smell in new, recently renovated room, that after myself and roommate were sick with upper respiratory infections, and seeing bubbles on the walls and rotting wood with hairy type, black substance growing on the wood, the manager came to our room and said we needed to move to another room immediately and did not help with anything else!

Room was not repaired just replaced one board and patched over where mold and termites were found. Pest Control said room was unsafe for living. But no one fixed the problem. New manager is just as bad. Regional manager treats guests like trash. And wish I would have listened to other guests and maybe should have contacted legal advice on being sick. But please stay away from InTown Suites anywhere!!! Just going to keep taking your hard-earned money and do nothing when questions or complaints are brought up, but go up and down on your rates. Total ripoff!!!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

My husband and I checked in on October 27th, and promptly checked out as soon as they opened the front desk at 9AM on the 28th. The room smelled really bad, and was extremely dirty. We had to go to the local Kmart to buy sheets, Lysol, and Lysol wipes. My husband spoke to the Manager and she assured us we would be given a full refund. As of yet we have not heard from anyone regarding this, even after three failed attempts to have her call us back. Very bad experience all the way around, with the stay and the lack of customer service. The star above was being generous.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2016

What a absolute nightmare. Woke up to bites all down my arms and back. We go to the front desk she makes it out to be that we brought them in. Maintenance came up and looked and said we don't have them. We get back to the hotel and we do a search at 1am. Bedbugs found everywhere. Had to spend 160 dollars on a ** hotel at 2am. The next day they had an exterminator come with ** hazmat. Unbelievable. Thankfully we got our refund back but they were rude and made it out to be our fault and were very hesitant. You get what you pay for... Never stay here!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2016

I've stayed in lots of motels over the years. Some are good, others better. Intown Suites at 12895 E. Independence Blvd., Matthews, NC, will be remembered as the worst! Although the rate is the lowest ($303/wk. after a $ 50 deposit) the place is filthy, has no linen service, no maid, no maintenance, and the office is usually closed. They don't seem to care, after you're checked in. It's amazing that they're 'booked solid'; won't change anyone's room. So you're stuck with it for a week!

The Manager, 'Royal', also didn't seem to mind that the air conditioner blew filth onto the ceiling, which fell on the bed. When I complained, he told me that any further contact would result in his keeping my deposit! Also, that he was 'looking for a maid', but the room obviously hadn't been cleaned lately. Most staying there are on welfare, long term. And it shows! Don't complain about loud neighbors! Then they accuse YOU of being 'noisy'! Avoid this place! I will NEVER be fooled by the low rate, or stay at another Intown, again.

Intown Suites Company Information