3.1/5 (181 ratings)

About Intown Suites

Intown Suites Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intown Suites?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Intown Suites?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

I moved into room 128 at Intown Suites in Jackson, MS around Sept 27, 2021. The room was missing the microwave which is a promised amenity and the ac and heating unit blew a combination of black dirt, mold, and soot. The fire alarm flashed red and beeped loudly constantly. The room was barely cleaned. The floors were filthy. So was the stove area. The grey rug and grey cloth chairs in the room had deep stains. The rug also had old black bubble gum that had set. The window did not have blinds. The window had a piece of fabric nailed into the walls. The door had a huge gap in it where bugs and rodents could walk in. The outside of the hotel looked dirty and a bit run down. This was certainly a hood hotel. Also, many of the tenants appeared on hard times and vulnerable. The perfect tenants to be afraid to complain about substandard hotel quality or missing amenities.

The manager in the office seemed ok at first but I later came to find she had certain peculiarities. It's hard to explain. It would take me all day. But she seemed like the type of person that would be vindictive against tenants that complained. After she processed my first payment every week I went in to pay she claimed the computer was down. Over and over. I pretty soon caught on she wanted tenants to pay online and would make it difficult for them or onerous to pay in the office. She also took extended lunch breaks and would forward the calls to her personal phone. When calls would roll over to her I found her to be exceedingly rude and short or at least she was with me. I know I'm not the only one.

When I noticed the room missing the microwave and the problems with the ac I immediately requested a microwave and the ac be swapped. Every week she would promise this would get done. Nothing ever happened. I had gone weeks breathing bad air and I developed a serious breathing problem. The maintenance man also saw the dirt and mold the ac would blow out and he did nothing.

I then tried calling corporate. I left several messages. No one called me back. I sent emails only to have them bounce back. I sent a fax that received no response. I called the customer service number continually and those agents never helped. They refused to let me speak to a manager and on every request referred me back to the hotel. I had already gone to the hotel several times. It was only when I finally took pictures of the mold and dirt blowing out the ac that the unit was replaced. On the day I sent media relations the pictures.

Shortly after this I took my trash out and was accosted by the security guard. I had placed my trash in the wrong bin and he decided to approach me very aggressively and because of this started screaming I was evicted. All because I put my trash in the wrong bin. The security guard came slamming on my room door with another man and when I opened it he pushed his way in and use this body to block the door and demanded I leave immediately. In the late evening. While screaming no refunds - get out! He wouldn't give me time to pack or anything and he demanded the man with him physically remove me. I'm a woman. These were two men..The behavior was over the top abusive and outrageous.

The general manager Dana ** came out and she also said no refunds. I asked how to reach corporate and she screamed since I had already sent them an email to use the info I had. I told her I did not know the info was even valid since corporate never responded to me. However I found out this was the only reason they swapped my ac. They were just fine allowing the moldy dirty ac unit to remain in the room. They only swapped it after weeks of complaining about dirt and mold blowing out and breathing problems because I had contacted corporate.

After I had gone weeks without promised amenities and put up with a dangerously moldy ac unit which affected my health Intown Suites manager Dana ** and its security guard were more than Willing to immediately throw me out over placing my trash in the wrong bin. This is abusive behavior. Intown suites deserves the "F" rating it has with the BBB. They are abusive with tenants and it's almost impossible to reach anyone but media relations (which never responds).

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

They don't prorate. If you reserve a number of days but leave early, because ya know, plans change, you don't get a cent back. Otherwise, they barely clean the rooms. I spent 20 minutes scrubbing the floor because they were filthy (and I can't even imagine how filthy the carpet area was). I'd sleep in my car over booking at this place.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2021

Booked online and was charged for a premium suite but was given a handicap room instead. Then Andrew the manager said that he would give me the first available premium suite within the week. Never happened so I found a better room for the same price.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2020

Plano TX Suites room smelled bad. We are given a set of very thin, scratchy towels and one roll of toilet paper. We had to purchase towels and toilet paper. They do not clean. If we want sheets washed, they need to be set by door, along with trash. I was disappointed with the room and cheap service and amenities.

Original review: July 10, 2020

There are too many issues. Random people walk up to you and ask for things. People fight and are not asked to leave. Windows were broken out last night during a domestic dispute. Police are there several times a week. They refuse any credit or refund. These places need to be shut down.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

All the personnel who run the Hendersonville TN location are great, once they leave at 7pm, the renters true colors come to light. Screaming tenants, drug dealing in the parking lot. Police who arrive in the middle of the night to look for a thief, rapist or felon on the run to high speed chases by Hendersonville police are common occurrences. If you value your life or you families, bypass this place.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I stayed at the 9211 E Independence Blvd location in Matthews NC. Place is a dump. Never been cleaned. Very unsanitary. Smelt like smoke. I booked 14 nights and only stayed for 2. Their corporate blew me off when I asked for possible reimbursement for nights not stayed. Worst customer service experience I ever had. Avoid all Intown Suites at all costs!!!

Original review: June 29, 2019

We stayed there while we house-hunt because we were told we can extend if needed to but the Front desk lady told us we can and we must go cause she sold out room... She then disabled our key around 930am and locked me out until she opened @ 11am.

Original review: June 29, 2019

I checked into the North Tryon St location for a weekly stay and paid 368 for 7 days. Granted this dump isn't even worth 200 a week. I check out tomorrow and NOT one night have I had a good night rest because the neighbor to the left of me plays their t.v./ music EVERY night like a deaf person thinking they are actually going to hear. To top that off the water does NOT get hot in the room (rather warm) and there are bums or at least one that lives on the property who walked up to me begging for money. There are drugs all around and clearly a lot of those people don't work so they play loud music and get high all day.

As with apartment living especially if in the room by yourself, you don't want random strangers just coming into your room. I informed the front office of this (no one in my room) for any reason and she put it in my file yet just the other morning as I'm using the restroom there's a knock and before I could get to the door from the restroom someone was already letting herself into my room. The front office manager at this location suck and don't give one crap. Once you've made a complaint she screens your number so when you call they don't answer!!! I know you can't control the situations you end up in forcing you to use an hotel as a an alternative, but for the love of GOD whatever you do DO NOT NOT stay there and waste your hard earned $$$$.

The area is very....sketchy and the after hours person nor her presence has an effect on nothing or no one so it's pointless that they even have her "doing rounds". I had to call the police to come address the loud noise issue that has prevented me from sleep all week. On TOP of all of that they have had renovations going on on the outside of the property thus inconveniencing you from being able to use stairways closet to your room and paint everywhere. I'm so happy to be leaving this dump as of tomorrow. If you are looking for an extended stay hotel there is an EXTENDED STAY down the street in a better area of the University. You may pay a little more but you will definitely be glad that you did. It's true you get what you pay for and with this dump all you will get is a different headache every day!

This place is only for ratchets and hood mentality people hence the fact that they only have 1 star rating and a ton of negative reviews here which in itself speaks volumes. Moral of the story is READ reviews before staying more than one night at a hotel. People aren't just posting out of anger and frustration but rather because you'll pay all that money to be inconvenienced and they WON'T care. Guess that's why they make it hard for you to find a number to contact CORPORATE!!!

Oh and did I forget to mention the laundry room is designed to rip you off. $2 to wash and $2 to dry for 30 mins only. After that 30 mins your clothes WON'T be dry and you'll be forced to spend another $2 to dry so be prepared to pay $4 or more to dry your clothes... The whole Intown Suites brand should be shut down because according to reviews they don't seem to have a decent location! Around the steps smells like a men's restroom as I suppose they just use the area around the steps as a personal bathroom. THIS DUMP SUCKS!!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!!!

Original review: May 26, 2019

Had reservations at Pressley location in Charlotte and gave away my room. I was upset bc had nowhere else to go. They apologized and gave me another reservation for North Tryon location the next day bc everywhere else was full and the head manager Dustin assured me it wouldn’t happen again and he also ended up gave away my room saying that there was emergency in another room so he had to give them ours. We had to sleep in car for 3 nights bc this happens on Friday and Saturday and they're closed on Sundays. I was very very upset. Since then I throws to call and emailed the numbers and customer complains on their website like I was informed by both managers and I have yet to get a response.

This is unprofessional and horrible management and leadership. Where is the customer service. They could’ve offered me some ya free week or nights off week to make up for the discomfort for sleeping in car with my wife and dog. I have yet to speak to anyone and I feel they should compensate us with some good customer service. I do want to come stay there. I love the rooms and price but refuse to until I get something for all this discomfort. If you make reservations anywhere there should be no reason the company should give away your reservations under no conditions. We plan on that and you let us down twice. It would be nice to be contacted by someone I been trying to.

Intown Suites Company Information