2.04/5
Based on 75 reviews that contain star ratings

84 Hyatt Hotels Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 14, 2019

Although there are better hotels than the Hyatt chain, one of my favorite hotels is the Hyatt Regency in Aruba. It's my favorite because of the people. The hotel is not new, the amenities are not state of the art, but the service is second to none. I have been there countless times and have never seen the staff act disrespectfully to a customer.

Now, the Hyatt Keystone...Different story. I booked a ski trip and was unable to get there on the first day because the Denver Airport was closed and my flight was cancelled. Before I knew my flight was cancelled, I called the hotel and let them know my arrival was going to be very late, or not at all. They informed me of their cancellation policy, but said because of the impending storm, they were offering a 1 time waiver. The waiver would apply if I was unable to make it to the hotel on the first night of my stay. Although I know the policy, and didn't ask for a waiver of my first night (I booked 4 nights), I happy to know that it was available.

Then, after my flight was indeed cancelled, I had the misfortune to speak to a manager named Jamie. She was rude, condescending and in my opinion extremely ignorant. If you are like me, and you value good communication and respectfulness, this may not be the place for you. In my opinion, she should work at the NYS Dept of Motor Vehicles. She would fit in very well there... Customer service doesn't seem to be her thing. If she told me that one of her co workers, extended the waiver mistakenly, and it wasn't available, I'd be ok with that. The way she spoke and the contentious nature of our conversation inspired me to write this post.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Mar 8, 2019 - Mar 11, 2019. We checked into the Hyatt House at 13351 W Midway Blvd in Broomfield around 9PM after a late night flight. We were given a handicap room on the 2nd floor. The rooms are nice and spacious with a separate bedroom off the living/kitchen area. The bathroom had a large barn door style door on it for handicap access. So it did not keep the odor or noise out; basically zero bathroom privacy. During the night you could hear doors closing and people stomping around so loud on the floor above us, that it woke us up during the night several times.

The next morning I contacted “**” who was running the front desk. I asked to be changed to a non-handicap room because of the noise and the fact that we literally had to hang our coats on the kitchen cabinet handles because the handicap closest only had shelves and rods at wheelchair height. I told her I would pay for any change or upgrade. She said she would check with housekeeping later (like those people are calling the shots for room assignment) and let me know. She didn’t even ask for my information until I insisted she write it down and call me back.

I went back up to my room and got on the Hyatt website and saw that they had availability for every type of room. I should also mention this hotel is under construction with remodel work and many areas have plastic taped over halls or areas, which distracts from the comfort and accommodations. Another thing worth noting is the walls and floors/ceilings are built very cheaply. I have stayed in a lot of hotels over the years and never been able to hear every door close, every conversation, or people walking around above my room to the point where it woke me up several times during the night.

After a few hours, my wife went back down to talk to “**” again. We offered to pay any amount to upgrade and move our room and told her we saw on their website that they did have rooms available. “**” said she had to hold those rooms in case real customers came in and that since we booked through a 3rd party seller, like Expedia, we had to stay in the room and had no other option. She told her to “read the fine print” and it says in there that Expedia blocks out and books the worst or least desirable rooms in the hotel, such as handicap rooms. “**” basically said, "Too bad, so sad."

We packed our stuff up and moved across the street to the Holiday Inn Express. This costs us several hundred dollars in non-refundable monies via Expedia, because we had 2 nights left on our stay at the Hyatt House of Cards. Two lessons learned here; never book through Expedia again for anything and never ever stay in a Hyatt Hotel. In my mind, ** is to blame at Hyatt house for her inability to understand customer service and doing everything to accommodate the guests.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I recently stay at the Hyatt Regency in central Sydney and I would suggest booking ANYWHERE else if you can. The room was advertised as harbour view, but you could not see the harbour at all, when we complained, the staff did not care at all, and would only change or upgrade us for a cost! In addition to this, the hotel took $100 as a deposit and I am still chasing the refund of this deposit, 6 weeks later. This is a scam that they seem to do to everyone, as our friends also stayed there and still have not seen hide nor hair of their deposit either!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

The disconnect between Central Reservations and the actual property results in a really bad experience for Hyatt guests. Hyatt emailed me prior to my arrival with 3 upgrade options. THE EMAIL NEVER SAID THE OPTIONS WOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE UPON CHECK-IN. At that time I took advantage of 1 option assuming I could get the other upon arrival since only one selection was allowed. I arrive only to find the $30 Club Access Lounge rate is now $70!!! Clearly there is NO PERKS to being a Hyatt Member and I will be cancelling my account, forbidding any employee to stay at any Hyatt property and sharing this experience with my social and professional networks. The front desk manager, Laura, was not empathetic at all which made a bad situation even worse. Marriott here we come!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Twice now I have experienced the worse service EVER in my life. I travel frequently and found out they charged me 3 instead of 2 nights. The hotel would not refund but called 800 number they promptly refunded me. Today I booked a room. My daughter could not check in without adding her as a guest. The hotel check in would not talk to me or accept a picture of my DL. Called the 800 number. Could not add my daughter without a manager's help. She put me on hold off and on 42 min. I finally drove to the hotel, checked her in and went back to work. I called again. I want my points back. After ten min I gave up!!! I recorded it all. I might have to see if it goes viral.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyatt Hotels?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

It is difficult to believe that I and the San Francisco Hyatt Regency and wanted to change my reservation and was told at the check in desk that couldn’t deal with the matter and I would have to call the number on the reservation email. I called that and it was a person representing a booking agent. The person had a foreign accent and I could barely understand the use of English. Of course my request was rejected. How could you adopt such an unfriendly system where reservation issues are so far removed from the hotel itself. The Hyatt system is supposed to be more professional than this.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

My stay at the Hyatt Hotel in Atlanta was a great experience. From check in to check out the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I was there for a wedding and each party staying at the hotel expressed extreme satisfaction with the rooms they were staying in.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I frequently choose Hyatt Hotels because of consistent good service and location. They have good security check of vehicles approaching hotel (visual and dog). Greeted outside politely and ushered through security smoothly. Luggage is handled carefully. Front desk friendly and efficient upon check-in and check-out. Concierge is helpful with taxi and checking flight reservations. Rooms are very comfortable with a good view. Room amenities nice. Very nice pool and helpful attendants (water and towels).

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I bought a $200 Hyatt Hotel gift card online. When I tried to use it in a Hyatt hotel, I was told the card is frozen, even though the hotel agent can see that there is a balance of $200. I called Hyatt customer service several time and demanded to speak to manager, but they told me that any Hyatt gift card is not purchased from Hyatt directly or from Amazon will be frozen and can't be used. I asked to provide the receipt to show that I purchased it, but they won't care about it. They said as long as it's not purchased from them or Amazon, you can't use it! It was a horrible company. That's such a easy way to make money, selling gift cards through a third party and then just freeze the balance. I have already tried to contact the company that I purchased from, but they can't help me since it's over one year since I bought it. I called my bank, but it's also too late to dispute the charge.

Original review: July 11, 2018

The hotel over is pretty good, the room and the service are awesome. We enjoyed our time stay there. The only problem I had was with my Hyatt account while I called in to book a category 6 hotel in Moscow for 2 rooms using my open account free nights. I've been told one of them had been redeemed already. While I was booking the Monterey one I actually meant to use my anniversary free night for that booking since I know that was a category 4 hotel. However, the system chose to use one of my open account free night awards for that night without even gave me an option to choose which one I would like to redeem.

I contacted the customer service center to see if they can do anything. However, the first representative hang up on me while putting me on hold and the second representative was kindly telling me they can't do anything. I asked to talk to a manager to see if they can help me out. However, the manager was very rude and embarrassing me all the time with a haughty attitude. I feel I was offended with discrimination maybe because of my accent. I like Hyatt hotels very much, but I feel hurt to be a Hyatt card holder. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Stayed 4 nights at Hyatt Savannah, Ga beginning June 5th. At desk the representative insisted on my charge card for "incidentals". Room charges were supposed to be charged on a school system credit card. Three times the desk was reminded that the charges for the room were NOT to be put on MY card. Imagine my shock when I returned home and checked my account to find $923.43 Charged on my account. A hold was placed for the amount and apparently nobody Thus my account was short over $900.

I called, my bank sent along with my letter of explanation 16 pages to prove my allegations, my Superintendent emailed and called, and every time we got a different person. What is the matter with these people? Still have not been refunded charges and hold on partial amount is still on. Lovely, friendly people and staff, but NEVER give them a credit card not to be used for room charges.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The Colorado Springs Hyatt Hotel is a very clean. Modern hotel with good amenities and an attentive, very polite staff. Also, price was very competitive with other hotels in the area.

Original review: March 25, 2018

The mattress I had at Hyatt (New Orleans, LA) was nasty with blood and urine all over it. Too nasty for words! I would not recommend this hotel due to the condition of the mattress that was only discovered as I was leaving on March 10. Management tried to hide it with a blanket but I saw how vile looking it was, but only after I had already slept on it 4 nights.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I had a very nice, quiet, excellent room service in Chicago. Clean, well lit room, and it was close to my destination. I Would Recommend This To my Family And Friends.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

My husband recently stayed at the Hyatt located at 5252 W. Alabama Houston Tx 77056. Which consist of valet parking. In my book means, "Give me your keys. I'll park your car," and it will be taken care of. BUT that was not the case. My 2017 Chevy limited edition car was almost stolen. The driver window was broken! Nothing else was taken or damaged but my complaint is the Hyatt refuse to take responsibility and gave me the lame excuse that the lot we trust then to park our vehicle was and is not own by them!! No "I'm sorry" or "What can I do for you" or anything. I ended up fixing my window and will never stay at this location or recommend it.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I stayed at this Hyatt (Greenville/Haywood, Greenville, SC) on Aug. 8-9, 2017. The reason I selected this one as it was advertised as being newly refurbished. It was anything but... The sofa was torn, the bed/mattress was deplorable and when I got in bed that night, I knew the bottom sheet and pillow were not fresh. After my appts. the next day I came back to the hotel to relax and was immediately bitten by fleas as they were all in my bed, and made their was all day into my suitcase, backpack, etc. There was even blood on my robe that the acting manager took to be cleaned. I drove home at 11pm. The fleas got in my car, garage and home, in the heat of the summer. I live alone and do not have pets.

The GM, Marie ** told me they had a dog show there a week or so ago! I have in writing that she would take care of my pest control, dry cleaning, pest supplies and verbally my house cleaning. When I told her my pest company told me not to use my luggage, backpack and now they were in my briefcase, as the fleas hide in the seams, I needed to go buy new. This was the first time I had used the luggage and Tumi briefcase and Tumi backpack as I had just started my job. When I asked her to reimburse these expenses, she said she would turn it over to their insurance company, Hanover.

Four weeks later I was told I had scabies, as they show up about 4-5 weeks after exposure!! I had not traveled anywhere else and as I stated I knew that bed was not clean! I contacted Hyatt guest relations, Tracy **, who said they would work with me as it should not cost me "a cent out of my pocket". I needed multiple treatments for the mites, my company car had to be towed twice due to fleas, my home treated twice for fleas and then I had to vacuum, wash daily sheets, towels, clothing, put in plastic bags for 7 days. My home is only 4 year old! This was physically exhausting.

I had made multiple calls to Marie, Hanover, and Tracy in guest relations. I had not been feeling well in early Nov. and went to my Dr.'s office. I had 3 seizures while in her office and was transported via ambulance to the hospital. Test were negative but after speaking to poison control and the National Pesticide Information, I was having side effects from all the ** used on me, in my home and my car. This has caused incredible pain and suffering. Here we are heading into 2018 and no one will return my calls, my pest supplies, etc. Medical expenses and supplies needed to go 7 days have totaled $5000. This has created a tremendous hardship on me, not to mention my health, well being and loss of productivity with a new job. I should not have to hire an attorney to have this resolved as I was told my expenses would be covered between the GM, Hanover (Steven **) and Tracy **, guest relations.

My symptoms were classic of ** toxicity, headache, dizziness, confusion, joint pain, muscle weakness, tremors, severe malaise, fatigue and including convulsions. It acts the same as organophosphate poisoning and can remain in my home, car for 6-9 months. I just want to be reimbursed and put this horrific issue behind me. The way this was handled, or should I say not handled was so unprofessional and I don't think any Hyatt Board member would like their significant other being treated this way while on a business trip. A company needs to stand behind its mission, vision and values and this is not conducive of the Hyatt way!

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I had built enough Hyatt award points for a few free nights' stay. I logged into award website a few days back to see my points were forfeited. I called the customer service and person told me that the points were forfeited due to inactivity in my account for 2 years. I was never notified about this event. The customer service person mentioned that 6000 points (fraction of what I had) can be restored. It would be insufficient points to get any free night. That person further tried to sell me award points so I can qualify for a free night. At that point, I was not in mood to deal with any of that.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

On December 3rd (Sunday), I arrived to Hyatt Place Lake Mary/Orlando - North hotel and checked-in (room# 118). When I arrived to the room, first thing I notice was a large stain in the carpet. There were other spots in the carpet. I place luggage by the sofa, and my snacks on the counter where the refrigerator was located. I open the refrigerator to place my drinks, and there was this horrible smell that came from the refrigerator. I closed it, immediately and placed my drinks back on the counter. Trying to work with those two issues, I went towards the bed area, and notice there was a huge stain on the bedspread. At that point, I went to the front desk to see if I could change rooms. The gentlemen stated they looked to be booked but check tomorrow to see about changing my room.

I figured I will just sleep on the other bed. I went back to the room. I get ready to iron my clothes for work tomorrow. I went to restroom and lift the top to the toilet, and there was a feces stain underneath the top. That was the last straw. I started recording all of the unpleasantries as validation. I went back to the front desk and told them I need to be moved due to all of these findings. They moved me to the 2nd floor (room# 218). I went back to the room and gathered my belongings and went back to the front desk to exchange keys. When I get to the room **, I open the door, and there are stains in the carpet. I was the phone with a co-worker and stated here we go again. I went over to the bar area and was about to place my drinks in the refrigerator. When I open the door, this horrible smell came from the refrigerator, again. I left my drinks and snacks on the countertop.

At different places in the carpet, it sound like my shoes were velcro to the carpet. This time, there was no stain on the bedspread and did not see any stains on the toilet. I did not want to complain about the refrigerator or carpet, again. I decided to go to dinner, and I would find another hotel the next day after work. I returned back to the room to iron my clothes and get ready for bed. I open the closet to retrieve the iron and ironing board, and the floor base trim had come apart from the wall. I started shaking my head. After work on Monday evening, I visit the Hilton hotel, Homewood Suite, and Westin Lake Mary. I was very disappointed, because all of the hotels were booked. I am not sure if an event was taking place.

The only option left was to see if the Hyatt Place near the Orlando, FL airport had any openings. I decided that it was too much to travel 40 minutes there and 40 minutes back between the hotel and facility where I was doing training. I decide to bear through it. I called my director and told her what I experienced. I refuse to stay here, again. I never been so happy to check out of a hotel. It bothered me to the point where I showered with flip flops, and my eczema flared up due to the irritation. I uploaded the receipt. Also, I have attached a couple of photos, and one is a video recording of the different issues. It does not seem like the video is being accepted in the upload due to the type of file. I will be more than glad to email the video if someone would provide me with an email address.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Hyatt Hotel in Anchorage, Alaska was one of my most greatest experiences ever. Great service. Beautiful rooms and cleanness. Awesome staff greets you with smiles. Pleasant to be around.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

First, I have been going to this hotel in Houston Sugarland, TX for a few years with family. Recently, I stayed at the hotel for Thanksgiving for one day. I checked out and my bill was $134, but I happen to check my bank account and noticed an additional charge. Keep in mind, NO ONE contacted me about the extra charges. I had to call the Accounting department and no one was listening to me. The hotel accused me of something that I do not do which is SMOKING, but received an email from a manager, Matthew ** with a different reason for charging my card.

The information received from customer service and email from manager did not match. I called customer service and spoke to two reps (Crystal & other name unknown), supervisor: Juan, and manager, Mark **. It was very frustrating dealing with customer service as a whole. Yes, I fussed Mark ** out because he was very rude to me over the phone. I asked for Corporate information and he told me nothing will get resolved and the charge is not going to change. The housekeeper lied as well. I waited on the supervisor to call me back and that didn’t happen. Unfortunately, all customer service people just read notes from a screen and believe what the hotel management says instead of listening to the customer. I do know some people can lie about things, but I did not and that is why I was so disappointed with their response.

I was accused of smoking. I do not SMOKE AT ALL. I can take a lie detector test to prove my innocent. I will NEVER go back nor recommend this Hyatt Sugarland, TX to anyone. After reading other reviews, it appears these type of things are a trend for this company and no one do anything. I am also concerned this place of business will continue to do this to customers and get away with it. It is sad how a good company can keep overcharging customers without giving a valid explanation. A courtesy call from Hotel management team would have been helpful before charging more money on my card. Secondly, the room had hair particles all over the room including restroom. The hotel was also VERY LOUD from other guests, but I chose to stay because it was close to family member and we were leaving early in AM before checkout time.

I WILL NO LONGER RESERVE ANY ROOMS with this company. I use to love this hotel, but now it has left a bad taste in my mouth. You can go back to this hotel, but I will not EVER. I am entitled to share my bad experience about this hotel. What are customers right when dealing with such problem. It appears these types of situations are getting lost in limbo. I dealt with this issue for three days with no resolution. I consider this situation as a consumer defamation of character.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Greenwich, CT - Front desk was on the ball, check in was a snap. Minor issue with room handled in less than 20 minutes. Room service was on the spot. Manager on duty called 20 minutes later to check to see if everything was ok.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Chicago, IL - Great location, great facility, great service. Every Hyatt we've stayed in is always excellent! We have never stayed at a Hyatt property (and we've stayed at many of them, both in the US and Europe) and did not love it! The best hotel chain in my opinion.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Hyatt Hotel in Dallas Texas is a great location! Great staff!!! And clean room! As always, I was not disappointed by my Hyatt experience. Looking forward to my next visit or location.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Hyatt Suwanee GA USA is a nice clean hotel. The staff was helpful with the exception of 1 person. I would definitely recommend it. The breakfast was nice and convenient for us.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Hyatt Hotels in Miami Beach, Florida has daily cost to use beach amenities whether you used them or not. Hotel parking was rather costly. No coffee pot in room. However, the room was overlooking the ocean with a balcony. Great staff, clean property although somewhat pricey.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

Hyatt Columbus, OH - Good hotel. Shower pressure is really low which almost makes me not want to stay there but the location is so convenient and clean. Staff is very friendly. Should provide guests with shower cap, lotion. Soap is kinda smelly.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

For us, Hyatt Hotels in Lakewood, Colorado was a 5 Star hotel. It was in Belmar, a shopping/residential mall in the heart of Lakewood. You could walk to restaurants and stores. The hotel was beautiful and fairly new. We go to Denver every summer and can't wait to stay there again. Highly recommend a suite.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

Please read through this prior to considering booking your event with the Hyatt Regency New Orleans. I booked 3 events, one on Dec. 17, 2016, Dec. 18, 2016, then, July 9th 2017. Please keep in mind that all these events were elaborate, with wedding decor alone, costing of $50,000 plus, other than the plated dinners, etc. First, Dec. 17, 2016 was a Henna Party. All went well except for the fact that all the items I brought with me, decorated henna baskets, decorated sticks for dancing, etc. all were missing when when my husband went to pick up everything we brought for the Dec. 17, & 18th, 2016 event.

Wedding: Dec. 18, 2016. I hired babysitters in the babysitting room and had ordered pizza from the Hyatt Regency for the kids dinner. The waiters were serving the children adult plates which I was charged extra for, stating that we had overages. Invoice was around $8,000 after all that I paid for the dinner Henna, and wedding reception. I paid the invoice, but the hotel seemed to show no remorse for my missing items. The only good thing I have to say about those 2 events was that the wedding planner assigned to us through the Hyatt Regency, (Michelle **) was wonderful to work with, but she is no longer employed there. I am hoping she didn't lose her job due to the missing items which were not her fault when she had told us she placed them in a locked conference room.

The nightmare was July 9th. We were treated terribly by the new wedding planner that was assigned to us, Rhonda **, and her manager Andreas **, even during the tasting! I was informed 2 or 3 weeks prior to July 9th, (wedding day), that another event was booked in our ballroom for the same day, and the ballroom will be available to my decorators, vendors, etc. at 3:00 PM for our 6:00 PM wedding reception. At that point, I felt like I'm going to have a stroke! I called up corporate office and complained, they spoke to Rhonda, and then, Rhonda told me they can offer me a different ballroom, (their worst one), or they will try to accommodate my decorators and provide them with space the day before, and at 3:00 PM, they can move everything into our ballroom for the wedding reception. This included setting up a white dance floor. I had no choice but to accept.

The night of the wedding reception: First, and Foremost, NO RESERVED SIGNS AT FAMILY TABLES!! Guests sat at the family tables, and we were being polite not to ask them to leave, so family tables were taken by guests, due to no reserved table signs as I had requested to Rhonda. We had agreed to coffee stations (in our contract), to be set out next to the dessert tables and infused water to be set out too. I asked Rhonda for the coffee and infused water to be set out at the beginning, during, and the end of the wedding reception, coffee was never set out, neither was infused water. No coffee, or infused water was ever set out.

At the end of the reception, I asked Rhonda about the coffee once again. She told me the urns were in the kitchen and no one listened to her to set them out, and blamed it on the Sunday staff. She also said that my guests were served coffee individually, when in fact, I was told by my guests they were dying for a cup of coffee, and never got it.

Requested cake cutting assistance, sent chef to help about 15 minutes after requested, and no sparkling cider in the bride & groom's champagne flutes! Dinner table weren't set up right. I requested a full place setting with Fleur De Lis napkins and got flat square folded napkins. No dinner plates. Just a small plate for a bread roll. Thank God for my wedding decorators because they saved the day to distract my guests from all the other obstacles, and the Hyatt Regency's mess ups, including the topper on the wedding cake actually falling on the floor. They replaced it, so that worked.

When I asked Rhonda about the table settings, she said we were crunched for time due to the previous event, and the staff had no time to do the table settings I requested. I booked my 2 sons' weddings which were 7 months apart and gave the Hyatt Regency New Orleans a lot of business, but will never do it again. I am disgusted that they got away with treating us like this after having 2 elaborate weddings which costed $300,000 plus!

Original review: July 14, 2017

I am a loyal, Hyatt Diamond level customer-for now. And when I say loyal, I go out of my way to stay at Hyatt hotels even if not the most convenient choice. For example, I am on the Board of Directors of a Fortune 500 company headquartered in Cambridge, Ma. My fellow board members stay at the Marriott close by the headquarters but I choose to stay at your Hyatt Cambridge much farther away. I am also on a state commission which meets in Sacramento Ca. The hotel of choice for various reasons for my colleagues is the Sheraton or the Citizen but I choose the Hyatt. For decades the Century Plaza was truly my home away from home and now that it is no longer in existence I stay at the Andaz rather than a more conveniently located hotel of another brand.

Why do I do this? Because the Diamond level brings a few amenities which make being away from home bearable. Being greeted in a welcoming manner; staff making an effort to remember your name (and, no, this courtesy is not extended to the occasional customer); a room that contains a free bottle of water, a robe and my favorite tea; most of all access to the Regency Club if there is one (an important respite from the crowds in the lobby bar or restaurants).

Now that you have more than doubled the required nights there is no way I will ever be a globalist or beyond! Your new program requirements say to me, very loud and clear, Hyatt does not want me as a loyal customer. I now have no incentive to go out of my way to stay 25 or more nights at a Hyatt. I am now going to choose based on convenience and location. Whoever came up with this new program wants to clear out all the longtime loyal patrons. What a shame!

Original review: July 14, 2017

I recently spoke with Jessie over in the Hyatt Gold Passport customer service. I have been a Hyatt customer for a long time but never had such great customer service. They mostly always do a good job but Jessie was fantastic! I had a complex reservation with award nights, points, transfers etc. and he handled it so well and in a very timely manner. He was extremely efficient and very professional. He gathered all the necessary information, kept me informed of all the communication the whole time. It was just such a pleasure talking to this individual. This kind of service makes me want to continue to keep my business with Hyatt, great job!!!

Hyatt Hotels expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hyatt Hotels are upscale properties with full service amenities. They are part of the Hyatt Hotels Corporation, which includes 12 brands, and the Hyatt brand can be found primarily in large cities.

• Rewards: The Hyatt Gold Passport, a free rewards program, gives guests five points for every eligible dollar they spend at any hotel in the Hyatt family. These points can be used to book free hotel stays with no blackout dates. These points can also be converted into frequent flyer miles on one of Hyatt’s 30 partner airlines.

• Business practice: The Hyatt Hotels Corporation is devoted to its employees. The company has won FORTUNE "100 Best Companies to Work For" award multiple times and has several awards from the Great Place to Work Institute. Their Diversity & Inclusion program strives to make the corporation a welcoming place for people of all ages, genders, cultures, races, ethnic origins, sexual orientations and abilities.

• Corporate responsibility: Hyatt Thrive is the company’s corporate responsibility program, which seeks to improve the communities where Hyatt operates. In 2015, the Hyatt Thrive program donated almost $2.5 million dollars to local community programs in the form of grants. They also work to reduce energy consumption on their properties, and the company trains thousands of employees to recognize and appropriately respond to human trafficking in the hotels.

• Free Wi-Fi: All Hyatt guests have free Wi-Fi in their rooms and throughout the hotel. Similar hotels may charge $5-$15 for in room Wi-Fi.

• Dining: Hyatt Hotels have onsite upscale dining options and room service. Some locations also have separate bars and lounges. Many of these restaurants and lounges offer unique views of the surrounding cities.

• Best for: Hyatt Hotels are great for those looking for a more luxurious experience, including solo travelers, business travelers and couples.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs