Hyatt Hotels

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The hotel staff was the most unfriendly and unaccommodating of which I found very unusual for Hyatt. The fact that we couldn't use our room during the day really impacted our experience and value we paid. The amenities are amazing. A great all-inclusive hotel. Amazing! Restaurants, shopping, pools, it was endless but so was the construction. When we arrived we noticed heavy construction just below our lanai. At 8 am the next morning, the construction noise was unbelievable. We asked if we could be moved and we were told no. It was hard to believe that we would not be able to sleep past 8 am and we couldn't use our room as the equipment noise and workers were so loud. It was very troubling that hotel staff didn't value us as guests worthy to offer us another room. Never would go back there.

Customer Service was one of the many excellent points about this hotel. By the way, this hotel is a Pet Friendly hotel (which didn't interest us) - but at no time where we ever disturbed by the dogs and never saw any pet "accidents." Excellent. The only very minor complaint was that my wife wished they had flavored creamers for her coffee. Thank You Hyatt!! I can't thank the staff enough. What a great staff at this hotel. As I stated earlier, I've been Hilton Honors Member for years and received what I thought was awful service from them. Hyatt has won me over and I am now a Hyatt Member. Looking forward to our next stay.

I was a loyal Hyatt customer. I accumulated 183,000 points over a long period of time. I changed jobs for 2 year period which resulted in an inability to stay at Hyatt properties. During that period they say they notified me via email and U.S. mail that a 2 year period of inactivity would result in account being canceled and my points being forfeited. I did not receive notifications. I want points reinstated.

Hyatt Place Washington DC - When we arrived to the hotel after a 9 1/2 hour drive we were told that hotel amenities would be $50 per night and valet parking would be $40 per night. The amenities expense was more than I expected it would be, but the valet parking expense was a total shock to me. Plus, it is not optional. I was staying under my points accumulated from previous stays with the Hyatt so the extra fees really was alarming... When I try to pay with my credit card my card was not scanning so the attendant told me did I have another method to pay with. I told them I didn't so I ask to pay with cash and he said they didn't accept cash??? So I went to Walmart to purchase a prepaid card and called customer service. They told me they spoke to the manager and they can type the card number in.

So when I got back the manager DID NOT apologize for the inconvenience or thanked me for my choosing to stay there. Then I ask him why they didn't type it earlier. He said the other guy was new and didn't know he could do that??? Again no apology or thanks for anything... (I left early. Only stayed one night, but was supposed to stay 2 nights because I was so upset. Remember I was free because I was on points. That's how much I was upset.) I've stayed at Hyatt hotels many times and have never been treated like this before. They was no hospitality, consideration, humbleness or appreciation. Even from the manager.

The hotel room was very nice and clean. Bathroom was spacious. Beds comfortable and smelled clean in room. Breakfast was good, but mostly everything was cold (ex. eggs, french toast, potatoes) which helped shine some light on my stay. This hotel is a very heavy crime area because all I heard was sirens all night and people who looked like they were "on" something roaming the streets.

Hyatt Regency Long Island - I had called before my arrival (2 PM) to request foam pillows and no feathers or down in my room. Upon arrival, there were feather pillows and a down comforter in my room. At 6 PM I asked Ms. ** at the front desk to change that out. When I returned at 11 PM there were two foam pillows and a blanket in my room but the feather pillows and down comforter were still there. I request that they be removed and to have two more foam pillows sent up. Kiesha, the night audit, said that she could not help me. I said I truly needed help and expected it since I called ahead and spoke to Ms. **.

I called corporate customer service and explained what happened. They apologized and gave me 5,000 points toward another stay. They also spoke with Kiesha. I truly and sincerely believe that Kiesha was angry that I called corporate. She came up to our room with a miniature foam pillow. When my husband and I said we were upset, she called security and had us removed from the hotel. I am now waiting for a removal of the preauthorization they placed on my debit card account. (See image attached) This was heartbreaking because we were there for a wake and funeral of a close friend. We missed the funeral.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyatt Hotels?

I've stayed at this hotel several times and acquired membership points. I was going to use the points to make a new reservation but forgot my password so I called. I then learned that the policy had changed and my points and account were cancelled for inactivity. Based on this new policy, it states that notification must be sent to clients 90 days prior but I have NEVER received anything from Hyatt. The representative could not send me a copy of this so-called notification and there seem to be some confusion with the date that this so-called notification was sent.

I feel this so unfair and I believe that my points were taken away with no notice of a policy change. I have recommended this hotel to employees who are looking for long-term accommodations. In fact my employer paid for me to stay during Storm Sandy because of the long term stay, but there are plenty of hotels in the area that offer the same but are more loyal to its guests. This was disappointing.

Can I do zero stars? This establishment was dirty, smelly, and unsafe. The photos on the website indicate it is new and updated. It is not. It is overpriced and the service was terrible. I now receive unwanted email ads at least once a week, despite having unsubscribed (and receiving 3 confirmatory emails from them). I would never stay here again. The parking lot was poorly lit, we had to buy Febreze because the room smelled so awful and the employees are completely incompetent. Do not waste your money.

I would just like to start by saying my stay at the hotel was not bad at all. However, when I checked out a final unexpected bill followed me. I was advised of a $15 incident fee that is charged at check in so that wasn't an issue. The issue came when I noticed a separated charge in the amount of $200! With me being unaware what this charge was for I contacted the hotel immediately and got who I was told the "manager". When I asked the manager about the charge she couldn't tell me what the fee was for but simply told me that the General Manager will call me back after it has been investigated. Well, $200 is not just $5 that I can just slip through the cracks so I needed an explanation. When I advised the "manager" that "No I need an explanation" she hung up on me (right in my face).

I then located a customer service/complaints phone number who did nothing but call the hotel that I was just hung up on by. Fast forward 5 hours later I finally get an "email" not "phone call" from the General manager stating that the charge is for having multiple people in the room, gum in the carpet, and a broken latch door. Well first of all the latch was broken prior to us checking in and we were told that the hotel was booked to full capacity per a Golf tournament. Secondly the gum I will take since I did have a sleepover for my 8 year old daughter, but the additional charge for a broken latch that they know have been like that I will not be held accountable for. This hotel has placed a bad taste in my mouth for their entire chain. I will not be staying here again. To top it off I still have not received a phone call from this General Manager!

On the weekend of Oct 9, 2015 my wife and I took our grand-kids, their mother and a friend to the DFW area to see the State Fair and visit friends. We stayed at Hyatt Place on State Highway 360 in Grand Prairie, TX. I had stayed there before with no complaints before so I called the hotel directly to book rooms. I was transferred to a call center where I explained that I needed space for 8, either a large suite or two connecting rooms. The rates I was quoted over the phone I understood to be for both nights. The quoted rate was a bit high, but there was a lot going on that weekend and I had stayed there a couple of times before without complaint, so I booked anyway.

I received a single confirmation email. Had I read it as close as a lawyer would have read an opposing brief I might have noticed that what I thought was a different rate for each night (not unusual, I once stayed 6 nights in 'Vegas and had 4 different room rates for the same room) was actually two different room rates for two different rooms, and the rates were per night, not for the duration. Nowhere in the confirmation e-mail did the total to be charged appear.

Check-in and the actual stay went as usual, except that the connecting door between the rooms was missing - not so great when traveling with 4 small kids, and the shower in one room was unsafe, almost to the point of unusable. We literally had to straddle the toilet to step in or out of the shower. The step over the toilet was especially dangerous because it is a big step and the bathmat cannot reach both locations. Using a towel helped a little, but lacking the ability to transfer force via tension in the fabric (as would occur when normally using a bathmat), a separate towel can slip quite easily.

Our visit to the fair was interrupted by a visit to the ER when one of the adults in our party stepped into a tree ring (sans tree) at Fair Park and fell over backwards and hurt her arm. The paramedics thought it was broken, but when we got to the ER and the tests were done it was just a bad sprain, but of course we were all up quite late so I called and asked what the latest checkout could be. They were quite accommodating so we slept in a bit the next morning. We checked out the next morning and drove back home, still unaware of the pain yet to come. Monday was a holiday, so we got an extra day to recuperate from a less than great vacation.

Then on Tuesday the charges for the rooms hit. We had been charged about the amount I expected - TWICE. I suspected fraud since just a few months ago Hyatt's cash register systems were hacked, so I called my bank. My bank's fraud prevention people called the hotel which transferred us to reservations. The only thing we managed to get was an admission that there should have been two separate confirmation e-mails. Had the reservations people been clear about the rate I never would have booked the rooms. If the confirmation email had not seeming been designed to confuse I would have canceled the rooms even if that meant canceling the trip.

There were other hotels with availability when I booked, many with lower prices than what I thought I was agreeing to. Also tempting was an entire five bedroom house for rent for less than half the price that Hyatt Place charged me, though it was 20 miles further down I30 (which is near to nothing to a Texan, many of us drive that far to get to a grocery store).

However with 4 tired kids in tow at the end of the day, I figured it would be worth the extra $150 or so to be a little closer and in a place that had been good for us in the past. Had the price been as expected I would have shrugged off the missing connecting door and just made a note to ask for a handicapped accessible room next time as I am sure such a room would not have the same shower problem.

I stayed in Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi for 6 nights with my family. Before we had booked our holiday we took a close look at most of the hotels and guest reviews. After searching and searching we had been recommended Park Hyatt by a friend who stays there from time to time. So here goes... We had booked through an agency called Away Holidays which was a total joke. They charged my credit card 500.00 extra which I had only seen on the statement after returning back from holiday. When I asked them this they keep twisting my words and confuse me about some "extra charges" which we was not aware of. Please be "aware of Away Holidays." Anyway I understand this is not the hotel's fault at all.

As we had checked in around 11pm, we had gone straight to bed... waking up the next morning, I went out into the balcony and saw bird droppings on the wood and glass which for a 5-star hotel was disgusting. And I could see it had been building up as there was quite a lot on the side and into the balcony too. Bedroom was nice and spacious. We had interconnecting room which was good for us to communicate easily. The toilet door was really hard to open and close, the lights would go off by itself which wasn't the best when you are staying with a child. So following my complaints the next morning I had a chat with housekeeping and asked them if they could clean the bird droppings and ask maintenance to take a look at the door & lights which by the way was not done. Housekeeping would knock on our door 4 or 5 times when my parents told them we don't need a clean. Luckily I put on the DND light on.

So the next morning I asked another staff from housekeeping if I could speak with a senior staff, he said he was in charge at the time of that floor so I repeated the issues again and then went out for the day, came back around 4, still no change so then I contacted reception and they said someone will sort all this out. So we went out again and after returning back would see the problems still there. But we appreciated that our room was cleaned everyday and sheets had been changed. Next is the buffet... the food was nice, variety selections of breads, eggs, salads and cereals, plenty more. When we sat down for breakfast, 5 mins later the waiter comes, starts cleaning the table next to ours which was connected and started to spray which I'm pretty sure landed on our plates. Then kept asking if we had finished as trying to rush us which we found really rude. We had half board basis so its breakfast and dinner we had.

Dinner was also good, plenty of variety but unfortunately I had found a hair in my dessert, I asked the waiter, was told it's in the open, it could be anyone's, not specifically from the kitchen staff. But I found the hair in the dessert, not on the dessert. It was a still pudding, I had got with a spoon from the bottom. Don't give me that. Oh well but biggest downside was you often had to wait around till a table had been free which happened at least 4 times during our stay which was again so frustrating. Unfortunately our agency had told us half board drinks were included during meal times only but this was only at breakfast. We was advised by hotel at check in that drinks are not included which was upsetting but we appreciated that we was told at the beginning. So the second night we had dinner we requested for some cold water and also a glass of coke.

We asked if we needed to pay as we didn't leave a credit card for extras, we was told by a waiter we just needed to sign. So we walked up to the lobby, making way to our room and a waiter comes running behind us saying, "Excuse me, you have to wait," as if we was a couple of teenage kids trying to run away without paying. It was so embarrassing as everyone was staring thinking why did they not pay. My dad then paid them and the waiter went away. 3rd, 4th day same thing happened. We was told to just sign and go away. So on the last night when we had dinner we was stopped in front of other guests and asked to sign and pay for like 3 different receipts and pay for them. At that point I got sooo angry, I asked them, "Was there anything else we needed to pay for?" They said, "No."

Then on to the swimming pool area when we went for a swim around 6 pm we found cockroaches in both kids pool floating around so we moved in to the next pool where my 9-year old niece was not allowed to swim as it was an adult pool. We asked the lifeguard about the cockroaches, he said it falls from the trees and they can't do anything. Another disaster. Now on to the spa... I had went in there to book an appointment for my hair to be coloured. There was a guy on the reception, extremely rude and moody and looked at me like why are you even here. Mind you he did say "morning" but that's about it, his mood wasn't great at all. I had got my hair done by a lovely gentleman called Jason. He was soo lovely and him and Mercy did my hair so beautiful and were very kind and listened to my requests. It felt like I was in another hotel.

On our last day we was told to check out at 12 when our agency said we could checkout at 10pm as we had a night flight. The hotel did not have any information on this so I contacted my agency and spoke to a very rude person called Brooklyn. He said, "I don't know anything, you have to book another night." I told him to read the notes on our booking as the person who I spoke to who was Param and Brooklyn said checkout time is 10pm. He said he hadn't ever spoken to me before when I clearly have emails from him confirming the holiday payments. Anyway by this time my "luxury stress free holiday to Abu Dhabi" was a complete joke. Should've just stayed in London and gone for a weekend break. So when I went reception the lady said I will need to pay 600 dirhams in total to book for an extra night if we wanted to check out later on. We had no choice but to do this.

I went to my room, got the money from safe, come to reception, she says, "The total is 678 dirhams incl. taxes." I said, "But I had asked you before in total incl. taxes how much it would be, you said 600 dirhams." It was sooo annoying, all she was doing is smiling and saying, "Yes, no ma'am. You have to pay 678 dirhams." I went all the way back to the room, got the money, came back, she then finally booked us in. Later on around 8 we was having our dinner in the room and got a call from a gentleman saying, "Please could you come to reception and pay the remaining balance for this extra night which is 550 dirhams?" I had advised him, "It had been paid for in full," he then said, "Okay, I will find out." So I had got back to my dinner, he then rang again and this time spoke so rudely and said, "You have not paid the full amount, could you please come and clear the balance now?"

I had got really mad by this time and said to him to speak to the lady I paid and if that's not enough to check the reception camera. Do the full investigation then ring me back. I had told him I'm very upset by this, he said he was sorry but I had to pay. After about 20 mins he rang back and apologised for the "misunderstanding." Literally didn't care by this time, I just said, "Okay, bye." At check out the lady at the front asked me if I needed help as she was already with a guest checking them in. I said, "I would like to checkout." She said, "Could I take the key please?" So I gave it and I got nothing back. No thank you for staying with us, or have a safe flight. It was a complete joke, this stay. Me and my family work really hard and I was honestly so bitter in London I just wanted to get away. But I was honestly so happy to come back home. This holiday was the biggest mistake of my life.

My wife and I stayed at a Hyatt place in Arlington, Tx. We were given a smokey room and we asked if we could switch rooms when we came back from a meeting. When we came back from our meeting and opened the door to our room, it was empty. All of our stuff was packed up and moved to another room. We had just showered and gotten ready to leave, so our clothes, toiletries, and personal belongings were all over the room. The workers moved all of our stuff without our consent. Even my wife's undergarments! My wife breast feeds, and she had just pumped some breast milk for our child. They moved the breast milk to the other fridge, but never turned on the other fridge. We had to throw the breast milk away. The fridge that they moved the breast milk to, still had pizza, beer and wings from the last guests. We were totally disgusted and felt completely violated.

When the employee brought our new key to us, I asked where our stuff was, and he said "I don't know". As I told him that they moved our stuff without our consent, he stopped me to say "I didn't move it". When we got to the new room and saw what was in the fridge, I called and asked for someone to remove the trash and was told that they were busy and didn't have anyone to do so. This ruined our whole trip. My wife was disgusted to think that someone had moved her undergarments from one room and laid them on the couch in the new room and had moved the individual components of her breast pump. I am still looking to find out if this is even legal.

I had a disgusting and frustrating experience at the Hyatt Manchester in San Diego. I found white stains on my bed spread and discoloration on my pillows. That's the disgusting part! The frustrating part was when I reported the situation nothing was done to correct it... It took multiple calls to the front desk as well as a trip to the front desk and finally they had the decency to send a chamber maid to replace the bedding.

Last year at the Miami Hyatt Regency was the worst experience possible! This year was beyond amazing! Two amazing women made our stay spectacular! Both were assistant managers! First was Pam - she handled everything when I checked in. Was very courteous and kind. She knew last year was horrible. She told me if I need anything let her know - was just wonderful.

The next day I met Camellia. Early Saturday morning around 2:30 in the morning I had asked for cot (roll away) because my 13 year daughter and I couldn't share a double bed. She was in the NAM pageant and we weren't getting sleep. The roll away would fit in our room due to safety concerns so the clerk checked for availability to upgrade to larger - there was none until check out later. So he reserved me one then. I checked in with the desk to see how long before we could move rooms at 11:30 am. That's when I met Camellia. It was being cleaned and she took down my number and would send bell hop to help us move rooms. She called me in fifteen minutes and made sure the switch was easy and quick. Everything I needed - roll away bed, extra pillows, blankets, towels - all she handled.

Later that evening when shift change we got call from Liz the next assistant manager letting us know if we need anything let her know - she take care of it. I had to scrape and save for this trip for my daughter to be in the pageant. But they made us feel like we royalty! I can't thank these women for all they did. They made the experience the best we have ever had! Thank you thank you!

People choose Hyatt, Pier 66 to enjoy the pool area. It is large and spacious. Marcos the manager has told security that the pool hours are from 6 Am to 6 PM. This is a big problem for people staying at the hotel and people with conference groups. By the time you finish eating dinner and get back to use the pool it could be 8 PM. Marcos has told the security guards to tell everyone staying at the hotel they are not allow in the pool area after 6 PM because it is dangerous and they must leave. It is not dangerous and they have security walking around all the grounds at night being sure people are quiet and orderly. He says people complain about the noise at the pool. Then those people should get a room away from the pool. It a choice.

What Marcos does not realize is with the Hilton next door and they have an outside Tiki bar and the pool is open until midnight he is going to have his repeat business staying at other hotels in the area. Now with the new Margaritaville about to open on the beach in Hollywood people will go to other places where they can use the pool up until midnight. It is Florida with perfect weather all year long. That is why people come here to visit. People and guest have complained but they have refused to change this rule that was just put in place this past year. For the past 20 years this has not been the rule. Corporate needs to take a look at this.

I called to book my fiance a room for 2 nights prior to our wedding. I told them 3 more families MAY OR MAY NOT BE STAYING. They took the liberty to charge me for the 3 rooms even though the people did not show up! My fiance told the desk clerk w/in the 24 hr notice required and she said ok, she would take care of it.

When she told him that, we were relieved because we had a lot of wedding plans to fulfill. Needless to say, we were shocked on our honeymoon to see that we were charged for 3 rooms! Through a lot of phone calls and emails - one room was credited. They feel that that was their good deed! Would not stay at the Hyatt ever again!!!

I arrived in this wonderful city hours before I needed to be here. Had an experience with a rental car, but I fixed that just to then turn around have to sit in the lobby like a HOMELESS PERSON! Rooms are to be ready by 3 but we are all waiting in the lobby for our rooms. Ten different families from Illinois. I rented a car so I could see this city, but I need a shower and change of clothes. I know what prison might feel like for me and even though there are no bars or guards and the view is nice I am a prisoner.

I will demand some customer satisfaction. If I could go to another Hotel I would but USA VOLLEYBALL require us to stay at the places they contract if our daughters play. What a racket. I will be reporting this to BBB. No one should have to pay to be stranded in a hotel lobby these prices. What we will all remember about this city is our wait. Not planning a return visit to this location and I will share my experience with all I come into contact with. My stay should be at a much lower rate! This is not good customer service!

First trip to D.C. and decided to stay closer to Dulles than downtown DC. Paid fully for this trip a month ago with suite selection and upon arrival I was advised "they were booked fully and only had their corporate suite available." Which I gave it a try and it's a big conference table in the living room and then normal bedroom side. For staying four days a conference room wouldn't work and went back to the front desk and advised I wasn't staying there and they needed to give me what I paid for. They did but we're upset.

THEN, I got introduced to their motion detector AC system. Seems like a great idea at the corporate headquarters to maximize revenue by cutting HVAC costs but I will never stay at a Hyatt again. The system works great as long as you're in the living room moving at least every 15 minutes. Then it shuts off and prepare to wake up sweating. Also come back to your room blistering hot. I called downstairs and they sent a guy who said it fixed it; which he didn't. Spoke to the general manager and night manager as I was so tired of waking up hot and coming back to a blistering room.

All rooms in DC were full so was trapped. Then actually looked on You-Tube and there is a section to bypass it, yes travelers, actually a video to help others with this issue. Actually went through the steps and did it correctly per the travelers input video, and it still didn't work. Think the maintenance man tripped some switch in it as he knew I would attempt the bypass. Then I recalled my ACME cartoon days and used a rotating fan, balloons, and blowing streamers to keep the motion detector active every 15 minutes so the HVAC wouldn't kick off. Still didn't work! Stayed all around the country and this is far the worst idea and management reaction to paid customers request. Will be sending a letter to their corporate. I realize nothing will come of it but will be therapeutic somewhat.

We paid for a hotel room with two queen-size beds. We paid extra for them so when the front desk associate mentioned that she "found" us a room with two queen beds...I bit my tongue. We were put on the floor where the community room was and where breakfast was served at 6:30 am in the morning.

The room was filled with fleas (YECH!), the towels all were stained with what looked to be old blood, and the TV didn't work. "No signal."

We appreciate that ** tried valiantly to fix the TV -- but it was awkward that we were sitting there in pajamas while he worked. It was unfixable. He deserves credit for being helpful and apologetic (He clearly was embarrassed by the lack of empathy from management and offered to buy us dinner, which of course politely declined -- Why should he have to pay?). So much more than management who ended up billing us $18 extra for TV services!! No apology, no offer to change the room. If you have a shingle out, remember that you represent that company. It will a long time before I trust a Hyatt.

6 room nights at the Hyatt, Amritsar, India. Aside from 15+ messed up experiences at this hotel over 2 nights, I'd like to complain about the biggest concern. I booked 6 room nights here, the website I booked thru (yatra.com) 1.5 months ago said inclusive of complimentary breakfast. Now they might have changed their tie up and breakfast is no longer included. The Country Inn and Ramada were on the list I was comparing with and then I picked these guys since though some things were less, no station pickup, I still was sure we were getting breakfast for us all. My confirmation email from yatra.com, was silent on the matter of breakfast, there was no "add breakfast" option anywhere either to cause me to believe it was remotely not included.

On check-in we were never informed that breakfast was not complimentary. When we ate, we were not informed this was a paid breakfast. The service was pathetic but thinking it was complimentary, we said let it be. We left MANY eateries to back come to the hotel to eat. What a major mistake! They just billed us at checkout no less - Rs. 1657 per room! I explained our situation, and requested we work something out since if i'd made a mistake then they had too had been lax by not informing me at any stage that their new "tie-up" with 3rd party agents no longer include breakfast. This is a tie-up they've done with the 3rd party, at no point was I aware of this! No hotel do I know of in India today that doesn't offer complimentary breakfast, I travel a lot and have been for 10+ yrs and this is the first one I've seen.

The staff was downright dismissive since i didn't have a screenshot of the page and said "We expect you to settle your bill in full if you expect to checkout". WOW. This is after I stayed up till 2:30 am talking to the staff about this, requesting them to meet me halfway or help me out here...and then we had to leave for the temple (purpose of our visit), at 4 am came back, at 11 am and checked out at 1 pm. Basically NO SLEEP thanks to them, so a complete wasted room nights and no sleep 2 days running. Anyway so if I wanted us to checkout - I did settle the bill. A waste of money on my part but water off their backs; they seem used to this highway robbery of customers once they're in the premises.

There was no WiFi on my floor, though I didn't get charged any less than others that did have it, just an arbitrary "your floor doesn't have WiFi" was all I got. There was disturbance throughout the night. Their flush didn't work, lock of the bathroom didn't work - changed rooms twice - slow responding staff, 3 hrs to change one glass, etc., etc. are just some of my other problems. This is not a Hyatt, this is some 2-star hotel property they seem to have given their name to. This is unreasonable to fleece a customer that's in distress and it seems every team of theirs was hand-in-glove to execute this to perfection. I am sorry I ruined a spiritual & holy trip of a lifetime by choosing to stay at this hotel.

I called the front desk for a reservation at the Hyatt Place Downtown Charlotte and they told me they had one room left - a suite. The front desk then proceeded to transfer me to reservations. I mentioned I would like to pay for the room with my Hyatt Nights Certificate, Premier or even Elite. The manager at the Hyatt Place said he would only accept cash for the room - NO Hyatt certificates. REALLY. A one-night stay for an anniversary. Hyatt certificates are very easy to purchase but VERY difficult to use. Hyatt likes to offer them, but does not want to honor them. I have MY money invested in Hyatt with these certificates and this is the way I am treated? This is not the first time I have had issues trying to use Hyatt certificates either. I am VERY disappointed in ever purchasing/investing in a Hyatt product.

After we arrived in Miami from Indiana, we checked into the hotel on December 21 and left the car with the Valet Parking. We had the car loaded with Christmas presents for our kids. The following day we left and when we unloaded at the apartment we rented, we realized that most of the presents were missing in an amount close to $500. I went to the hotel and spoke with the valet parking manager Mr. Jose **, who assured that in January we would receive a check with the amount. Still not received anything and no answer on the cell phone when I called him. This is not acceptable for a Hyatt Regency Hotel and for any other hotel.

My wife and I travel all the time and always stay in upscale hotels. We've stayed in a few Hyatts and have never had problems until now. The trip was a surprise for my wife so I paid for the room via Western Union so she wouldn't see the deduction in our joint account from the hotel. Again, the hotel was paid for way in advance. Our stay was fine despite the trouble we had getting up to our room bc their system was down and they couldn't make additional keys. What I am furious about is that this hotel STOLE $226.88 from us after our stay. I understand that it is required to put a credit card on file, but I do not understand why the hotel double charged me and stole this money. And I really don't understand why they sent me a letter stating that they had to put a hold on the funds. They are not entitled to my money and I want it back right now or I will be forced to put these matters in legal hands. Like I stated before, we travel all the time but we will never stay at this hotel again.

My husband and I have been guest over the years at The Hyatt Chesapeake Bay MD location. We recently had a stay and a situation. We were told everything was settled. 3 days later they misused and overcharge our credit card (that's not a 5-star exp for sure). It has been other things about this location that has diminished over the years but this was the straw that broke the camel’s back. As I visit other review sites I see that there are many complaints about this location that I didn't previously know. It's a shame cause I met some really nice staff members here over the years, that in no way would treat their customers with anything less than a 5-star experience. But it takes a few bad apples to ruin a stay and keep you from ever spending your money there again! And the unrectified misuse of my credit card was one of them! smh Hyatt.

My husband wanted to do something nice for me for my birthday but we were on a tight budget because of school about to start and travel for work later this month for him. So in our search we found the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Miami. We really enjoyed our stay!! The hotel was quiet and peaceful, no noise in the hallways, the poolside was clean although I never received poolside service with swimming. I can really appreciate a great stay for a great price and great company. The front desk staff were also helpful. My husband and I really felt comfortable and at home. The staff at the restaurant downstairs were pleasant and thoughtful. Claudia ** was awesome at everything. KUDOS TO CLAUDIA for her excellent service and hospitality. We would definitely stay here again!!!

I booked 2 rooms at Hyatt in Florence, Ky. 1 month later I called as I had to cancel the rooms and spoke with a person at their 1-800 reservation number. I told her my son could not make it and we were cancelling both rooms. No problem and I would get a refund. In June, my card had not been refunded. I called and said I cancelled the rooms, I don't see a refund on this month's bill. She said that they had not been charged so the refund wasn't made. Fine I checked the prior bills and she was right. Now in July I have been charged for 2 rooms and cannot get them cancelled or refunded as I had to cancel by June 23 and only 1 of the 2 rooms were cancelled so I have to pay for the other room that didn't get cancelled. The assistant Gen Manager graciously made me only pay for one night...instead of 2 but at full posted price on the door.

On 30-June-2014 newsman Jesse was not only escorted out of the Albuquerque Hyatt Regency by the police but also issued an injunction against returning. Should he return, he was told on camera, he would be arrested. Why? For doing his job interviewing attendees of the NOW convention for FOX news. Talk about unfair treatment of the press! And they want my business?

I parked my car in valet parking and their parking subcontractor, Central Parking, gave my car away to someone other than myself. When I contacted them said that their insurance would not pay for it. Then when I filed a lawsuit against them, their legal team said that I filed the suit 3 days late, so the suit was dismissed. They are major scammers and cost me in excess of $15,000. I am not without any transportation.

I recently stayed at Grand Hyatt San Antonio Riverwalk on weekend. I was in the room with my friend and she was trying to open the curtain and then we saw it was too heavy and broken on the left side and it fell on her. When I was checking out, I told the front desk clerk about the problem and he said they would take parking and 1 of the 2 rooms I had off my bill. I believe they tried to be nice because some customers were around. When I got home I found out they did not fulfill their end of what was promised. When I called back, they said they just take out the parking fees and that's it. I was really surprised that Hyatt Hotel known as a famous hotel, in the failure in room safety and service that they gave me.

I arrived late into Charlotte, NC to a Hyatt House. Since I was arriving late, I expected around 11 pm, I called the hotel the night before to confirm my reservation and to let them know I would be arriving very late at night. My plane was delayed and the car rental was backed up and by the time I arrived at the hotel it was about 1 am in the morning. Despite the same person at the desk that I had spoken with the night before, she informed me they had oversold the hotel and there were no rooms. She offered that I could go to a no name hotel a few miles away as my only option. All other hotels were sold out. This was despite my confirmed with a credit card reservation and me being a Diamond reward status member (their highest level member).

When I told them I was not going to a non-brand name hotel and I would just like a pillow and blanket and I would stay in the lobby, they said I could not do that. It was not until they called the hotel GM, by this time it was 2 a.m., the GM of course said do whatever it takes to make me comfortable. They didn't make me pay for that night, but I did have to pay for the next night. They also gave me extra points, I think 2000 points.

What bothers me most is that when we tried to call the Hyatt corporate office, they only said we had to talk with the hotel itself, corporate could do nothing. When I finally got to the right person at the hotel, they were very nice and very apologetic. I am a frequent traveler and this experience made me extremely nervous on my next several trips - somewhat like PTSD. Thank you for allowing me to air my complaint.

I was on a business trip. I have stayed at the Hyatt for many of my business trips. I've never experienced anything like this before. I had my wife and kids with me on this particular trip. When my wife left to pick me up from work, a man entered (with my teenage daughter and preteen son) without announcing himself using the hotel master key (wearing plain clothing). As if that wasn't enough, he started asking my daughter inappropriate questions such as "Who are you?" When I returned to the hotel, I went downstairs to inquire who was this person and why did he have a key to my room. The reply was shocking to say the least! I was told he was a night shift manager!

I proceeded to file a complaint with the front desk staff. However, they decided to call the manager downstairs to discuss this issue. The manager outright denied it. I was due to check out the next morning where I did meet with the daytime manager concerning this issue. I was told that he was aware of this issue and that the nighttime manager did in fact enter into the room unannounced, as my daughter had stated earlier. I was then informed that this was simply a mistake and that this kind of stuff happens all the time. I then was offered a free night at this same hotel! In conclusion, be aware! This hotel is nonchalant about entering into your room unannounced!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Hyatt Hotels are upscale properties with full service amenities. They are part of the Hyatt Hotels Corporation, which includes 12 brands, and the Hyatt brand can be found primarily in large cities.

• Rewards: The Hyatt Gold Passport, a free rewards program, gives guests five points for every eligible dollar they spend at any hotel in the Hyatt family. These points can be used to book free hotel stays with no blackout dates. These points can also be converted into frequent flyer miles on one of Hyatt’s 30 partner airlines.
  • Business practice: The Hyatt Hotels Corporation is devoted to its employees. The company has won FORTUNE "100 Best Companies to Work For" award multiple times and has several awards from the Great Place to Work Institute. Their Diversity & Inclusion program strives to make the corporation a welcoming place for people of all ages, genders, cultures, races, ethnic origins, sexual orientations and abilities.
  • Corporate responsibility: Hyatt Thrive is the company’s corporate responsibility program, which seeks to improve the communities where Hyatt operates. In 2015, the Hyatt Thrive program donated almost $2.5 million dollars to local community programs in the form of grants. They also work to reduce energy consumption on their properties, and the company trains thousands of employees to recognize and appropriately respond to human trafficking in the hotels.
  • Free Wi-Fi: All Hyatt guests have free Wi-Fi in their rooms and throughout the hotel. Similar hotels may charge $5-$15 for in room Wi-Fi.
  • Dining: Hyatt Hotels have onsite upscale dining options and room service. Some locations also have separate bars and lounges. Many of these restaurants and lounges offer unique views of the surrounding cities.
  • Best for Hyatt Hotels are great for those looking for a more luxurious experience, including solo travelers, business travelers and couples.

Compare Hotel Brands