3.3/5 (244 ratings)

About Hyatt Hotels

Hyatt Hotels Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyatt Hotels?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hyatt Hotels?

Original review: March 31, 2021

My 3 night stay was fine, even with all the COVID precautions necessary. The Team was great! Grounds needed a little refreshing, their general contractor not

available at the present time. 'To Go' breakfast was really exceptional, given all the restrictions. Attention to my comments at the Front Desk were noted (i.e., bathroom sink drain plugged.). Very pleasant personalities working the Property (Hyatt, Dublin, OH).

Original review: March 30, 2021

Excellent hotel. Great prices and staff is very friendly and helpful. Their restaurants are also first class with a variety of foods. I would recommend you stay there. I've used their hotels all over the nation and all are very good. Good points program too, you get a lot more than compared to other hotels, like Hilton Honors.

Original review: March 29, 2021

The staff knows the true meaning of customer service. We are always greeted with a smile and they try to accommodate our preferences for room choice. The rooms are very clean and spacious. The hotel is modern and warm and welcoming. The staff does their very best to handle any special request. We always feel welcome and appreciated.

Original review: March 28, 2021

Hyatt in Bethlehem, Pa. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful, hotel reception area was clean, room / bathroom were clean, bed was fresh and comfortable, breakfast was complementary and was good and the price was right so we were pretty pleased with our stay. We would stay there again and recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Original review: March 25, 2021

** REVIEW: HYATT JAMAICA RISE HALL ZILARA. My wife and I had the unmitigated misfortune of staying at the Hyatt Jamaica Zilara Rose Hall from March 28, 2019 to April 3, 2019. Upon returning home we were faced with the most horrendous experience that both of us have ever endured and continue to. Both of us contacted “scabies” at the hotel and suffered for over a year after our return. Today, we still have scabs and scars on our bodies. We provided The Hyatt Corporation with a detailed report of this nightmare, including medical reports, biopsy results, and photographs.

The financial resources available to the Hyatt Corporation far surpass those available to us. As a result, we were forced to abandon our efforts in court. However, David did slew Goliath, and in the court of public option we will not stop until we are victorious. We provided Hyatt with the opportunity to resolve this nightmare with unquestionably well deserved financial restitution, but they refused to do so. Obviously they believed we would go away and disappear, not having their resources. But we will not go away. While we may have lost in continuing court proceedings, we will endeavor to continue our fight in the court of public opinion.

We are determined to not give up. We are retired seniors and apparently Hyatt has no respect for us because we no longer have an extended lifetime of vacation possibilities at their resorts. So their mindset leads the to the conclusion; “ignore them.” They’re not the Future of our business. Having lost a year out of our lives, seeing 5 dermatologists, and numerous biopsies, we were finally able to receive some medical support. Almost two years later our bodies still have scabs and scars. We provided medical document and photographs which fell on deaf ears and blind eyes. When we were still represented by legal counsel (which we can no longer afford) their last two letters remained unanswered. Apparently, we weren’t worth a response. They will regret this!!!

For your own health and safety we urge you to never ever stay at the Hyatt Jamaica Zilara Rose Hall or for that matter any properties owned or managed by Hyatt. If you were to be unfortunate to run into a significant issue, God help you!!! Rest assured you will not be recognized. You will be ignored and left to suffer. To The Hyatt Corporation, I guaranty you that we will not go away. The world will know about your disgusting, disgraceful, and abhorrent management policies. You may think that now that the Covid virus is somewhat dissipated and the options are opening for you to increase your reservations, I will still be here. I will do whatever I can in the court of public opinion to bring worldwide attention to this disgraceful and humiliating issue.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

February 5, 2021 I stayed overnight at the Hyatt in Baton Rouge on Bluebonnet Dr. Saturday morning I woke up to a bedbug in my bed! I was refunded however the Manager has no sympathy or empathy and hung up in my face!! I have videos of the bed bug on the bed! I also now have bites all over my body with pictures of that as well! The hotel manager doesn’t want to pay for my home to be exterminated as if he’s the one paying for it! My 3 year old and 11 year old are having to sleep in our living room, I’ve been washing clothes since my return Saturday evening! Do not stay at this property if you want to keep your mental peace and home bug free!! Zero stars would be chosen for this property who wasn’t following COVID guidelines as well!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2020

HYATT house White Plains 101 Corporate Park Drive, West Harrison, NY 10604. I had the worst stay at this hotel. Never book though Reservation Counter, their website advertised that spa, swimming pool, gym, and restaurant was available to guest. The water temperature went from cold to scalding hot and back and forth during a shower. It was difficult to bathe. AC/Heat unit has air draft and will pump in cold air lowering the room temperature before heating up. The people running up and down the stairs behind my suite also made it difficult to sleep. It could have been cleaner. I killed 8 bugs while I was there. One beadle, 7 crickets. At the front desk, I felt like it was fast food place and not a hospitality place. The job of the reception at the front desk, is to greet and receive guests. Their customer service needs to be improved.

The egg breakfast sandwich offered was cold, but there were other viable selections in the ToGo bag. The coffee was not always fresh. The hotel should keep out the hot beverage as a complementary service due to COVID-19. The window shades were held up with duct tape, so they kept sticking when pulling them up and down. The bathroom sink had a stoppage attached to the water pressure that cause the water to come out very slow. Don't book through Reservation Counter. Headquarter 2961 W. Maple Loop Drive,Suite 300, Lehigh, UT 84043 1-800-434-0564 1-844-362-7888 1-855-989-3763

Original review: Sept. 1, 2020

The hotel was housing homeless people not mentioned on their website. We could hear them throughout the evening. When we left this morning a woman forced her way into the elevator with no mask on. I told her the elevator was already at capacity but she pushed her way in. My husband yelled at her to get off the elevator and she wouldn't move. She had no mask on and then my husband yelled at her to put a mask on. I complained to the hotel but they didn't seem to care. So basically I paid to stay at their hotel and be assaulted by a homeless person they are housing. In addition, they are not abiding by Covid 19 regulations by allowing overcapacity on the elevators not enforcing masks.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

From the start of the arrival. It ruined our entire stay. When we arrived we were locked out of the building. We knocked and we knocked and we knocked and we called inside of the hotel over and over for at least 30 minutes. We even called corporate office and they tried to call inside of the building over and over. We could hear the phone ringing each time at the desk. We could see the desk from where we were standing outside and saw no one absolutely no one for at least 30 minutes.

Corporate office was not a lot of help for us. I told him I wanted a refund and they told me that was up to the manager of the facility. When we did finally get in I complained to the lady that was at the desk and her attitude was like she completely didn’t care. All she said was, "Well I’m only one person and only one that working here." Without even looking up at us.

Did I mention I had a four-year-old with us that was asleep and this was at 3 o’clock in the morning. So as we were sitting out on the things that you take the clothes up in on the outside of the door He was getting very heavy. This was the most horrible experience that I have ever endured at any hotel that I’ve ever stayed in. I told him that I would never stay at the Hyatt again and was told "Ma’am that’s your choice." Well thank you for making my choice easier. Never again.

Original review: July 18, 2020

We only stay at Hyatt hotels whenever possible. Before the pandemic we have never been disappointed with our room and staff is always courteous and knowledgeable. All of our stays during the pandemic the staff at Hyatts in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area have been exceptional. Highly recommend Hyatt to all our friends and family.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Hyatt has always been a favorite splurge. For special occasion getaways, it’s been on the top of our family list. We were married at the Kauai Hyatt. Their customer service is excellent, food service wonderful and ambiance is always that of a luxurious getaway. Staff is always so welcoming and the room amenities make it feel like it should... A wonderful getaway! Just napping in the room is peaceful...It’s sometimes hard to leave the room to explore. I highly recommend Hyatt hotels, in my 30 years of traveling and stays there throughout the world, they never disappoint.

Original review: July 16, 2020

The Hyatt in San Diego and Lake Tahoe are both excellent hotels. They were accommodating, courteous and helpful. The rooms were a little pricey, but I felt I got my money's worth. Very clean and nice amenities. The restaurants in both places had wonderful food. In Tahoe, we did a little gambling and made out quite well. Valet service was very good but got to be rather pricy as well. Parking arrangements for guests could use a little more thought for those of us who have to watch our pennies.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I enjoy their hospitality, ease of reservations, and complimentary breakfast. Comfy pillows and clean rooms. I feel safe and spoiled while staying here. They have options all over the US. I would stay here again.

Original review: July 14, 2020

Hotel staff is very friendly. They have great food. The rooms are great as well. They always leave me happy whenever I go. The bar is great. They always go above and beyond for their guest. When I need directions they does it. They always help with the elderly.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Hyatt House are my favorite hotels to stay in, especially the one in Addison, TX. This particular hotel is set up just like an apt! The hotel also has a free dinner and beer or wine in the evening and also have other activities on different days of the week. The cost is about the same as any other hotel of this star rating.

Original review: July 6, 2020

All the Hyatt locations that I have stayed in are consistent in quality service. I rarely have any problems and when I do they are resolved quickly and courteously. I have stayed at both Hyatt Place hotels and Hyatt Regency locations. The people working there are always professional and go above and beyond.

Original review: July 5, 2020

It was an awesome experience. Loved it!! Would definitely recommend this to all my friends and family. Would visit again whenever I get a chance. The customer support can be better. Also some kind of reward system can be established to motivate the customers to visit more often.

Original review: July 3, 2020

I’ve never experienced a more pleasurable hotel stay than at any Hyatt. The rooms are kept very clean, nicely decorated and cozy. The staff are always very accommodating. I would prefer over any other hotel chain.

Original review: March 22, 2020

I stayed at the Hyatt in independence, Ohio 3/21 and left 3/22.. I was charged 200.00 because the employees smelled smoke. I do not smoke. My boyfriend was with me. Who is a chainsmoker! He smoked 3 cigarettes before we went in and left the room to smoke. He always smells like smoke. He did not smoke in the room. This Hyatt location assumed we smoked and charged me 200.00. I am on leave from work due to the coronavirus and that was money for my other bills, and because they didn’t have that many customers, they decided to falsely accuse and charge me. I haven’t gotten any assistance with the corporate office! They basically stated it was up to that general manager to refund or decline refunding my money. I plan to move forward with any further action I can take at this point.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I have never had a more difficult time making a hotel reservation. I requested 1 room, 2 guests and they gave me 2 rooms, 1 guest. After 5 phone calls to try to correct this ~ Got placed on hold for over 10 min., got hung up on, was told it was my fault... and speaking to the GM of the hotel, it still was not right. Corporate phone numbers just transferred me back to the local hotel. They were quick to charge my credit card for the 2 rooms, but I still have not received my refund. I cancelled the whole reservation. If it is this difficult to make a reservation, then I do not want to do business with them! (Hyatt Place Cincinnati/Sharonville Convention Center) Think twice before doing business with HYATT.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

To Israel the first Hyatt staff I encountered (front desk) thank you for the amazing view from our amazing room. Margarita buffet restaurant host from La Plaza you’re awesome. Thank you for making our first meal of the day pleasantly good with excellent food choices and delicious ceviche. Food here is top notch - different cheese, sliced meat, fresh fruits, etc... Managers Jorge ** from LaPlaza and Octavia manager of Beach Grill thank you, for your excellent hospitality. Dolores from La Plaza thank you for being kind and friendly.

Everyday here at HYATT ZIVA was great especially all staff. My favorite restaurant are La Plaza, Bon Vivant, Beach Grill, and last Dozo. If you want to sit at the hibachi table make reservation ahead between 3-5 pm. 24 hours gym is awesome. Free weights up to 90 lbs. Activities was okay and the shows was also okay. The dancers both females and males was good, but they should take out the big head props, the old men routine and especially the ** Afro hair from Tropicana show, that was ugly and was a distraction to the pretty ladies. No basketball court here, adult pool was okay. No breeze going through. No beach swimming, I did love that they clean up plastic debris and any kind of debris from the ocean. The pool infinity was great.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

The Hyatt hotel brand is being destroyed by franchise owners. The Hyatt House in Morristown NJ is a filthy mess. The rooms are not clean and this includes the kitchen areas. Baked on grease on the stove and range hood including the oven. I walked the grounds outside today and it is a trashy mess. Screens pulled out of room windows and thrown into the landscaping. The pool side furniture is broken. The Morristown NJ Hyatt downtown is a beat up property as well. The Hyatt Corporate properties are much better by a long shot and it is reflected in the added cost.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

My husband wanted to see a Twins game for his birthday, and since we live an hour from the cities, I booked a room at the Hyatt Regency for 8/9. At check-in, the desk clerk said we already paid for the room via Expedia but needed to see the card we used "to make sure the numbers match". No mention of additional fees or deposits was made at that time.

We headed to Target Field a couple hours later to buy game tickets, and were SHOCKED that we couldn't because our card was declined. We immediately checked our account and were STUNNED to see a $250 charge from the Hyatt Regency! I immediately called them and was told they charged $250 to our card for an "incidental deposit".

We were NEVER informed of this deposit, and NEVER authorized the charge. They nearly emptied our account and we couldn't go to the game or even out to eat - the only way we ate was to charge room service to the room - overpriced yogurt & pita! And, to add insult to injury - they said the deposit would have only been $50 if we reserved through the hotel, or gave them cash at check-in for it! What a huge waste and disappointment. Wish we would have just stayed home!

Original review: July 3, 2019

MONTHS ago, I reserved two rooms for the 4th of July holiday for a very good client and his family. At the time the reservations were made, the desk clerk assured me (after checking with the manager) that they would ensure that the two rooms I selected would be reserved for me. I should mention that a staff member took the time to show me several rooms right before I reserved these.

Today, I checked with the hotel (in person) to make sure that there were no problems with tomorrow's reservations. The desk clerk stated the hotel was oversold and we would not get the rooms I had reserved. To be fair, this hotel has only been opened for about 6 months and apparently some of the staff haven't been properly trained. Anyway, the reservations were cancelled. I stayed here before and didn't have any problems. During that stay, the housekeeping was excellent, the restaurant was top-notch, and the top floor bar was one of the best in the area. Too bad it's gone downhill in such a short time.

Original review: June 18, 2019

We had stayed there 10 years ago and before that we stayed there on our honeymoon 30 years ago too. My husband emailed the woman that was in charge of the hotel and told her we wanted to come there to celebrate our 30 year Anniversary, When we first got there they had a heart on our bed made with a lei and the number 30 made with chocolate, it was so nice to see they went out of their way to make us feel special and The people there are so friendly and they are willing to help you with anything you need. They have the bar by the pool and they had a happy hour there and the workers there were great, so friendly and we liked them and the food that we ate there a few times during our stay. I would stay there again if we go back. Loved it!

Original review: June 17, 2019

I recently stayed one night at the Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port located at 90 SW 18th Avenue, Dania Beach, FL. 33004. I had heard so many wonderful things about Hyatt but once I arrived I was not happy with what I saw. I got to the front desk clerk and he did not give me any eye contact. It made me feel like I was bothering him. I know the job is hard but first impressions mean a lot. Once I got into the room it all went down from there. The room was hot. I immediately went to the front desk and asked could I PLEASE change rooms because the air conditioning was not working. He stated that I will have to give it time because all the rooms are like that. He did not change our room.

I went back to the room and we had no remote for the TV. I called the front desk and asked could we get one please. It took 10-15 minutes for someone to bring one. Once we got that remote it didn't work. We had to go to the front again to ask for another one. That one did not work either. I finally saw a housekeeping lady in the hallway and asked her to please help us and she had maintenance bring us another one. To make matters worst the couch in the room was worn out, it was shabby and looked like it needed to be thrown out. We had two burned holes in the carpet, mold in the shower, and hair/dirty stuff in the draw inside the bathroom where the hair blow dryer is located. I never used the blow dryer. I was disgusted and wanted to get through the awful stay that I was experiencing.

To make matters worse once I got home I realized I must have left my keys inside the room. No one called me to inform me that my keys were found. I called the hotel back at 8:03 pm on June 16, 2019 and spoke with the same clerk that checked me in and advised him I stayed in room 116 and I wanted to know if any Keys was found. He told me, "Yes, housekeeping found them in the room". I was livid that no one from the hotel thought to call me so I could turn around or at least give me a courtesy call to let me know my keys were as located. I live 2 hours away and was locked out of my home searching for the keys. I am totally not happy with the stay at this particular hotel and do not think I will ever return.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Went to Mother's Day brunch 4 seniors and 2 adults, until we went to pay the girl waiting on us said a senior is over 65 years old. I informed her on the Hyatt Hill Country website clearly stated a senior was 60 plus years old. With a I don't care attitude, she told me twice it was 65 years old and do I wanted to be seated or not. So I paid for 4 adults and two seniors. We were seated at 1 pm, no turkey, all gone, no ham all gone, crab fingers clearly refrozen several times, freezer burn and dried out, a very disappointing experience. It was a waste of 548.00.

Original review: March 14, 2019

Although there are better hotels than the Hyatt chain, one of my favorite hotels is the Hyatt Regency in Aruba. It's my favorite because of the people. The hotel is not new, the amenities are not state of the art, but the service is second to none. I have been there countless times and have never seen the staff act disrespectfully to a customer.

Now, the Hyatt Keystone...Different story. I booked a ski trip and was unable to get there on the first day because the Denver Airport was closed and my flight was cancelled. Before I knew my flight was cancelled, I called the hotel and let them know my arrival was going to be very late, or not at all. They informed me of their cancellation policy, but said because of the impending storm, they were offering a 1 time waiver. The waiver would apply if I was unable to make it to the hotel on the first night of my stay. Although I know the policy, and didn't ask for a waiver of my first night (I booked 4 nights), I happy to know that it was available.

Then, after my flight was indeed cancelled, I had the misfortune to speak to a manager named Jamie. She was rude, condescending and in my opinion extremely ignorant. If you are like me, and you value good communication and respectfulness, this may not be the place for you. In my opinion, she should work at the NYS Dept of Motor Vehicles. She would fit in very well there... Customer service doesn't seem to be her thing. If she told me that one of her co workers, extended the waiver mistakenly, and it wasn't available, I'd be ok with that. The way she spoke and the contentious nature of our conversation inspired me to write this post.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Mar 8, 2019 - Mar 11, 2019. We checked into the Hyatt House at 13351 W Midway Blvd in Broomfield around 9PM after a late night flight. We were given a handicap room on the 2nd floor. The rooms are nice and spacious with a separate bedroom off the living/kitchen area. The bathroom had a large barn door style door on it for handicap access. So it did not keep the odor or noise out; basically zero bathroom privacy. During the night you could hear doors closing and people stomping around so loud on the floor above us, that it woke us up during the night several times.

The next morning I contacted “**” who was running the front desk. I asked to be changed to a non-handicap room because of the noise and the fact that we literally had to hang our coats on the kitchen cabinet handles because the handicap closest only had shelves and rods at wheelchair height. I told her I would pay for any change or upgrade. She said she would check with housekeeping later (like those people are calling the shots for room assignment) and let me know. She didn’t even ask for my information until I insisted she write it down and call me back.

I went back up to my room and got on the Hyatt website and saw that they had availability for every type of room. I should also mention this hotel is under construction with remodel work and many areas have plastic taped over halls or areas, which distracts from the comfort and accommodations. Another thing worth noting is the walls and floors/ceilings are built very cheaply. I have stayed in a lot of hotels over the years and never been able to hear every door close, every conversation, or people walking around above my room to the point where it woke me up several times during the night.

After a few hours, my wife went back down to talk to “**” again. We offered to pay any amount to upgrade and move our room and told her we saw on their website that they did have rooms available. “**” said she had to hold those rooms in case real customers came in and that since we booked through a 3rd party seller, like Expedia, we had to stay in the room and had no other option. She told her to “read the fine print” and it says in there that Expedia blocks out and books the worst or least desirable rooms in the hotel, such as handicap rooms. “**” basically said, "Too bad, so sad."

We packed our stuff up and moved across the street to the Holiday Inn Express. This costs us several hundred dollars in non-refundable monies via Expedia, because we had 2 nights left on our stay at the Hyatt House of Cards. Two lessons learned here; never book through Expedia again for anything and never ever stay in a Hyatt Hotel. In my mind, ** is to blame at Hyatt house for her inability to understand customer service and doing everything to accommodate the guests.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I recently stay at the Hyatt Regency in central Sydney and I would suggest booking ANYWHERE else if you can. The room was advertised as harbour view, but you could not see the harbour at all, when we complained, the staff did not care at all, and would only change or upgrade us for a cost! In addition to this, the hotel took $100 as a deposit and I am still chasing the refund of this deposit, 6 weeks later. This is a scam that they seem to do to everyone, as our friends also stayed there and still have not seen hide nor hair of their deposit either!

Hyatt Hotels Company Information