West Palm Beach, FL

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We booked a hotel through HotelPlanner which was less than satisfactory once we checked into the room. We ended up having to change hotels late at night. The following day I emailed HotelPlanner customer service and received a response that day that it was being researched and the representative I worked with was friendly, responsive and worked to help me reach the conclusion I was seeking. I was very appreciative for their prompt response and fair treatment of the situation.

I booked online, and during the process there was a problem with the dates. After the booking process, I contacted customer service with my problem. Reginette was very helpful in resolving my issue completely. I appreciate the prompt and courteous way this matter was handled. Thanks!

Thank you to Reginette for the prompt service in responding to my email. My confirmation email did not arrive until more than 24hrs after booking changes were made but after sending an email, it was dealt with immediately by Reginette.

Reginette took care of my needs and was on top of my requests. She handled everything quickly and efficiently. I no longer need to stress about my hotel accommodations thanks to her. I was struggling with changing my reservation and she was the one to handle everything for me!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I just wanted to write a quick note to say how pleased I am with HotelPlanner.com. The customer service that was provided to me was amazing. I just appreciate so much their concern when I had to cancel an upcoming trip. Reginette guided me in the correct procedure and was so very helpful to me when I was worried about the outcome. Please thank her for me, she was so kind and met my needs with expediency.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had booked a room at a hotel in USA from the UK. The confirmation email showed I had made a small error in the booking. I emailed HotelPlanner highlighting my mistake. I had a very polite response within hours to say that they had rectified the error and everything would be ok. I was very grateful as this I thought I would have to try and contact the hotel to sort it out myself, but HotelPlanner relieved me of that stress. Many thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HotelPlanner.com?

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I wish to state that I am very impressed by the professional manner and speed of communication my request concerning a reservation challenge received recently. Reginette ** was highly professional, prompt, courteous in her communications with me. I feel quite confident to make future hotel reservations through your company and will recommend family and friends to use your platform. Keep up the excellent work. GOD bless.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We had a 21 day US trip for July 1st but I had a mini-stroke and was hospitalised and could not fly or drive. We asked Hotel Planner via Reginette ** to cancel and she arranged cancellation and full refund, for which we are very grateful and very relieved.

Your Staff was such professional to work with. We are traveling overseas and had a problem with our reservation, and R.E. made every effort to resolve our problem - AND DID. Thank you for a job well done. This will make our trip go smoothly now!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

A very nice young man named Diego assisted me and spent a good amount trying to correct my issue. He was a great representative. Very helpful and provided great service. I hope someone will let Diego know that I was very thankful for his support.

I just accidentally booked a room for the wrong dates and emailed as soon as I noticed I made an error. I was nervous because it was the last double queen room available. I was promptly replied back to from Reginette and got a cancellation email which allowed me to redo the reservation correctly. Such speedy responses!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Reginette ** was very helpful in directing me to the appropriate person to attempt a change to my hotel reservation. I was unable to do what I wanted, but Reginette promptly and competently did everything she could for me. Overall, I was happy with HotelPlanner.com support and would use it again when the time comes.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was assisted today by Reginette in cancelling my reservation due to a family illness and he/she was very professional and helpful in accomplishing my task timely. I hope to reschedule in the future and will definitely use this service. Thank you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Late Sunday evening, I asked a question about my reservation. By early Monday morning I received a response that simply and directly answered my question. I appreciated the speedy reply and the clarification. Was exceptional customer service and very helpful!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I used the services through a third party and was impressed with how easy it was. The negotiated rates were worth it. However, due to an unseen policy with the hotel, I was not able to check-in but I had already paid for the room. Hotel Planner responded quickly to my situation and was able to resolve the matter. It's a good thing I keep copies of email confirmations and charges -- they're issuing me a full refund. I would like to try the service again. This time, I'll make sure there's no unwritten policies the hotel didn't provide.

I was getting the run around trying to cancel a hotel reservation. When I wrote to Consumer Affairs they helped resolve everything and even followed up by email. Greatly appreciated the service. Sometimes something that should be a simple fix turns out to take hours of a person's time. So the assistance was needed.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Booking our hotel rooms for an upcoming family reunion was very simple and quick! Great customer service from Reginette via a follow up email! Quick response to a question I had. All around great experience! I would recommend to a friend and will use again in the future!

Factual basis uncertain

Buyer beware! Do not use HotelPlanner.com!!! I travel on a regular basis and use hotel booking sites frequently. When I wanted to try something new, I called HotelPlanner.com. The representative acted like they were a direct agent of the Hotel I was attempting to book. They gave me a quote for the hotel that was reasonable and then proceeded to quote taxes and fees associated with the booking. The hotel room was around $60 dollars and the taxes and fees were approximately $39.00. The phone representative could not tell me what the fees were for and said they were quite standard for the area I wanted to stay. I was tired and in a resort town so I believed her.

When I showed up to the hotel, the normal room rate for that hotel was six dollars less than the quote and there were not any taxes or fees. When I asked HotelPlanner.com to refund me my money and charge me a reasonable rate, they simply said that I agreed to it and that they could not help me in any way. I felt that the way the representative on phone spoke, that she represented the Hotel directly which was not the case. I feel this was dishonest and poor business practice. I will never use this company again and with all the other reputable sites out there, it should be easy. Buyer beware!

My husband is affiliated with the military service and I had made a reservation through your third party company. I did not realize that we needed to go about the reservation in a different way for my husband to get reimbursed while we were traveling back to Indiana and from Hawaii. Reginette and the department in charge of following up with the hotel to ensure they had canceled my reservation without a cancellation fee, continued to update me various times through the process. I couldn't be more thankful for the effort and dedication Reginette and the department did to ensure I would get a refund. Reginette was very kind, caring, and willing to help resolve the issue. I would recommend them in the future.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I ran into a booking issue when booking for a lacrosse tournament in Richmond, Va., this coming weekend 6/16 - 6/18. I sent a SOS message and a wonderful customer service agent by the name of Reginette, came to my rescue. She was polite, understanding and patient with my request and she was able to undo my mistake and help me move forward. I will not only recommend to a friend but I will use this chain and service again! Thanks.

Factual basis uncertain

I booked a room here after reading the reviews. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Cincinnati N/Sharonville 11160 Dowlin Dr. Cincinnati, OH 45241. When I arrived the hotel was dirty and unclean, I asked for a refund but was told I booked thru a third party and there are no refunds. I then called Reservations@HotelPlanner.com/1-866-797-2018 and they said there was nothing they could do. This was an expensive lesson but one well learned. I will never use HotelPlanner.com again. Had I booked directly at Holiday Inn I would have received a refund.

This is the first time I am using HotelPlanner and I am very impressed with this company... Especially their customer service. I immediately received an email from Reginette ** who is the Customer Service Representative, acknowledging my reservation with HotelPlanner and thanking me. I had a question regarding my reservation and Reginette was able to assist me. An outstanding employee. I am very happy I found HotelPlanner and will definitely recommend to family and friends. I am a very Happy New Customer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

What a great help with changing my reservation on a mistake that I made personally. Above & beyond service. Super quick response time. Awesome! I wish all hotels & reservation services were like this. Reginette ** was specifically a great personal help!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I made reservations through the group rates I requested for my wedding. However after making the first reservations I discovered there is an additional 12 mandatory fee. I decided to keep the reservations and just make it for wedding night. I called the number given on the confirmation, and the hotel directly neither could assist me in changing the date from 07/21 to 07/22. I received one of Reginette auto emails and responded. She quickly responded and let me know the change has been made. Great customer service!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

1. I reserved a hotel through HotelPlanner on website. Very fast with competitive price. I was satisfied. 5 stars here. 2. I called later to cancel a reservation using the toll free number indicated in the attached confirmation, and it does not seem to go well. Neither my confirmation# nor the itinerary# was recognized after 3 times speaking with 3 different representatives; although they tried their best to help. They even offered me to call other HotelPlanner number. 3 stars here. 3. I sent an e-mail and immediately received a response. The cancellation was executed less than 1 min. without further question. Reginette **, in particular, was friendly and clear throughout the communication, ensuring my satisfaction with the matter. 6 stars here. 4. Hotel Planner should re-visit item #2 to get 2 more stars (still smiling). A few sincere words from a customer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had questions regarding my booking for a hotel room for a wedding block. Reginette was quick to respond to my questions and broke each question down to ensure that all information was correct. I have been in customer service for 12 years and always appreciate a job well done. Thank you Reginette!

HotelPlanner.com

Dear Michael, Thank you for this review. We are thrilled to hear about your positive experience! Regards, HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: June 7, 2017

I recently search for hotel rooms and are across Hotel Planner. Booking was very easy. One of the people in our party broke their leg and could not make the trip and Reginette helped me get it resolved even though it was not her department. Very quick to respond. Definitely recommend!!!

HotelPlanner.com

Dear Carolyn, Thank you for this review. We are thrilled to hear about your positive experience! Regards, HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: June 7, 2017

Recently I had to cancel a reservation I had made through hotel planner. I used the website to cancel but was still unsure if everything had indeed been cancelled. I was delighted to get a follow-up email from Reginette ** very soon after I cancelled letting me know that everything had been done correctly. That email really eased my mind and I told her I was so pleased with the efficiency and thoroughness of the service I received. I would definitely recommend HotelPlanner.com to others! Thank you!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

When I agreed to help plan a conference, I immediately contacted Hotels.com. They told me they don't do groups and that I needed to use Hotelplanner.com. Big mistake! I was inundated with hotels and emails from all over DC, MD, and VA. I thought they were supposed to SAVE me time! I later from one of the hotels that Hotelplanner.com charges a 10% fee to the hotel even though I did all the legwork. That should be spelled out clearly to the customer, verbally and on their website. My conference was with my religious organization and they would not think kindly of a third-party payment system. In addition, don't be fooled. The 10% cost is built into the nightly price so it's not a free service. My initial representative (Suzy) went on vacation and Tiffany filled in. She was inconsistent in returning emails and phone calls and obviously did not take the time to read what I wrote to her.

When I learned about the back-fee to the hotel, I told Tiffany I wanted to end our business together. She spent 20 minutes lecturing me about how the travel industry makes their money. I informed her that I was 61 years old and was well-versed regarding the cost of travel. I reminded Tiffany that I did not sign anything and I wanted to end our business immediately. I told her I did not want her to contact any of the hotels I was working with and I wanted our contract to be closed. Instead of respecting my wishes, Tiffany contacted the hotel without telling me and wanted money from them even though I had not yet determined I was signing a contract with them. I called Tiffany's supervisor to lodge a complaint and try to rectify the situation. I have not received a return phone call. Folks, save yourselves the headache and do not use this company. Someone needs to do more training regarding customer service and building customer loyalty. Spread the word.

I recently booked 14 days in a hotel through HotelPlanner (the "hotel" need another review) for a medical treatment. The treatment end earlier so we went to the Front Desk and they told us that we can claim the unused days to the third party, in this case HotelPlanner. Oh my God, they accused us left the "hotel" without the check out (I have all the emails). They invented all this drama because they don't want to give us back the money. Very unprofessional and disrespectful to the customer. The "hotel" also has not returned my deposit. I read in another webpage reviews a complain of a lady that happened the same. So stay away from this company.

HotelPlanner.com

Dear Brooke, Thank you for this review. We are thrilled to hear about your positive experience! Regards, HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: May 24, 2017

When booking hotel reservations, I love using HotelPlanner.com. They provide excellent customer service and follow up. The ease of logging in and booking the great deals they offer is appreciated. Thanks for the excellent support you provide! HotelPlanner.com is a must for your next trip!

HotelPlanner.com Company Profile