2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies
Accredited Partner

West Palm Beach, FL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.44/5

HotelPlanner.com is the world's largest provider of online group hotel bookings and event management services. Listed among the top 50 travel sites in the world and ranked number one in group travel, HotelPlanner.com now receives over 5 million unique visitors each month.

Our company offers the best deals in the group, individual and corporate travel and has partnerships with some of the most renowned franchises in sports including the Los Angeles Clippers, San Diego Chargers, Washington Redskins, St Louis Rams and the Florida Panthers.

If you need to book a hotel, book like the pros! Book with HotelPlanner.com.

View More View More

HotelPlanner.com Reviews

1 featured review
View 1 featured review
Original review: May 4, 2020

In early March, before the shuts downs due to the virus, we booked a room in the same hotel as our daughter who was attending a seminar. Once we received confirmation that the event was postponed and moved to a different date, we needed to cancel our reservations. I had booked my daughter's room through the actual hotel and while booking our room thought the site we were on was also the hotel's. It wasn't until we had to cancel that I was told that in fact, my booking was through a 3rd party and had to deal directly with them. I will say, that the end result was satisfactory, however, the journey was not.

I reached out to HotelPlanner through the email address and asked for assistance regarding needing to cancel our reservation. I needed direct contact as, the other thing I discovered with our reservation was, it had a "no changes, no cancellation" clause. Considering the world events being out of our control, I hoped for a change of heart on behalf of the company. I sent a couple of emails and received what looked like an "auto reply." I left 3 phone messages after waiting on hold each time for 10 minutes. I did in the end, through frustration, have to make a threat of going "public" with my issue, but really wanted to resolve it through direct contact.

That's when I was contacted by Miurica ** in the customer service department. She was very helpful and answered the questions I had, and in the end she was able to cancel the reservation without losing the money that was paid. Although it wasn't refund, the voucher that was offered was increased in value by an additional 10%. I appreciate the work Miurica did on our behalf and we are looking forward to putting the voucher to use once things start to get straightened out in the world. Thank you again Miurica.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

I would like to give big compliments to Karen ** regarding a booking back in September 2019. Back in September I had booked a hotel for 10 days in São Paulo, Brazil. Due to certain reasons I had to go to from LA to Europe first, which caused me to rebook a few flights and I ended up spending a lot of money on reorganizing my trip. I called Hotelplanner to let them know my situation and told them that I would like to check into the hotel in Brazil 3 days later than my initial check in date. For some reason it became a very complicated process in order to be able to check in 3 days later. I let Hotelplanner know that I didn’t care about getting a refund for the first 3 days that I wasn’t gonna be able to check in. My main concern was keeping the room that I had already paid for, so that my hotel room wouldn’t be given away due to late check in..

I understand that every company has their own policies when it comes to late check ins and I understand that the Hotelplanner employees I initially talked to did not write these policies and they have to abide to the company rules. However, I felt like the situation was made way more complicated than it could have been. I was told that my late check in request had to be sent to Hotelplanner’s “reservation agents” and that they would have to contact the hotel to negotiate what would be possible. I was promised to get an email about my request and would be updated.

I decided to call the hotel myself and I was simply told that the hotel doesn’t have an issue with a later check in, but since my room was booked through an agency, the agency needed to make the adjustment. The 2nd time around when I called Hotelplanner, I had somebody on the phone who clearly didn’t care, and I was told the same thing the first person at Hotelplanner told me about the reservation agents.

Another day passed by, 2 days before my initial check in date, and I still hadn’t received any email about my late check in request. I decided to call Hotelplanner one more time and luckily I got Karen ** on the phone. I explained Karen my situation and told her that I didn’t care about a refund, I just needed to make sure that I can check into the hotel 3 days later. Karen told me she would check with the hotel and she would call me back 15 min later. 5 minutes passed by and Karen called me back to let me know that everything was fine and that I was all set.

I would like to give Karen ** huge compliments for making this whole process so efficient and easy for me. Had I stuck to the first 2 people that I talked to, then I would have probably not booked with Hotelplanner ever again, but after seeing how Karen handled the situation, I can say that I will definitely book through Hotelplanner again.

Kind regards,

Vsevolod

Hi Vsevolod,

Thank you for taking the time to leave positive feedback for our team, it is greatly appreciated. Please feel free to visit HotelPlanner.com to plan for your future travel events with us!

Kind Regards,

Hotel Planner Team

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

I appreciate so very much the help I received from Karen today from live chat. I had reserved 3 rooms for 2 nights in Franklin Tennessee. Today I got a call from my mother-in-law saying they wouldn’t be coming to Tennessee because of sickness. My reservation was made two weeks ago with HotelPlanner.com and I could cancel by the 30th if needed with no charge. Well today is the 31st and I just was notified by my in-laws they couldn’t come and here I had reserved a room for them that now I didn’t need. I felt very frustrated at the situation.

I first tried calling Days Inn directly but they couldn’t do anything because I had made the reservations through HotelPlanner.com. So I tried calling twice and couldn’t get to talk to a person. So then I saw the live chat and tried that. April came on and talked for a little bit but then somehow I got bumped off of live chat. Now I was really frustrated.

I clicked on live chat again and got Karen. She said she had seen my live chat and asked for a phone number to call me. She called me and within 3 to 4 minutes she helped my frustration reduce greatly. I could finally explain my dilemma of needing to cancel one of the 3 rooms and also add a night to one of the other rooms. Karen not only was able to add a night to one of the rooms but also to get the cancellation fee waived.

Wow Karen. I owe you a huge thank you. Thank you so much for helping someone who’s not use to this online stuff and feeling very frustrated not at Karen but at the situation I was dealing with. And I’m sure she could hear it in my voice. Within it seemed like minutes Karen had emailed me with great news!! I appreciated her prompt attention to my crazy situation. Thank you HotelPlanner.com for being willing to waive the fees for the cancellation. I am forever grateful and believe me I will definitely be using this website again to make reservations!! Karen and also April you have made my day today!! Thank you!!??

Hi Patricia,

Thank you so much for the taking the time to complete the review. We are glad to hear that we could assist you and hope you keep us in mind for your future travel needs.

Kind Regards,

HotelPlanner

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

I commend Sarah **, a Customer Service Representative with HotelPlanner.com for resolving my hotel cancellation and refund issues, that were prompted by an unexpected family illness. A trip to my hometown outside of Detroit was planned to see my father after a prolonged 7 year period of not being able to come home. Our close relationship was to be reaffirmed by sharing meaningful experiences, such as a Detroit Tigers baseball game, a drive to Belle Isle, and visiting his favorite restaurants while also catching up at his house.

Unfortunately, three weeks before my trip, I was informed that my father was diagnosed with advanced colon cancer and would begin chemo treatment immediately. I was advised to not take the trip, because he would be sedated and lethargic and unable to share in our planned activities. Even visiting him at the hospital or at home was not suggested because of his confusion and discomfort, until a few months later once his treatment condition had stabilized.

Of course, that meant changing my HotelPlanner reservation, which was officially a "non-refundable" prepaid booking. Once Sarah, learned of my situation, she empathetically considered the regrettable family feelings involved and gathered all of the facts. She then diligently devoted herself to resolving my request for a cancellation and refund due to a completely unexpected and tragic turn of events.

Sarah kept me abreast of developments through kind and professional messages. Eventually, her efforts were successful and enabled me to save money that will be used to provide financial support to my father during his treatments. Although we were not able to share each other's presence, by paying some of his medical and homecare expenses my contribution is appreciated. Thanks Sarah for Caring!

Greetings,

Thank you for your review. Our team takes great pride in providing our customers with outstanding and attentive customer service, and we thank you for your compliments on their effort.

HotelPlanner

Original review: July 30, 2019

We had a situation where we had made a hotel reservation for a family/friend wedding in September. The invitation said there was a block of rooms reserved under the family name. I went to the Knot.com via the couple's website. The Knot.com said there were no rooms available. Hence I went down the list until I was able to make a reservation. After concurring with other invited guests I was assured there were rooms available at the hotel where the wedding party, parents of the couple and a complimentary shuttle were provided. I called the preferred hotel and made reservation under the wedding block. Afterwards I cancelled my reservation at Country Inn and Suites but was still charged the full fee even though we had cancelled in plenty of time for the hotel to rebook the room.

I had explained how the Knot.com had misled us and steered us toward booking a more expensive room, away from the wedding party and no shuttle service to the reception. My husband had spoke with Ms. Sarah ** and she helped us not only resolve the issue but cancelled the reservation and promised a full refund for the more expensive room that we were steered to through the internet service. We appreciate Sarah's diligence and follow up on our behalf.

HotelPlanner

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HotelPlanner.com?

Original review: May 20, 2020

Miurica ** at ** was very helpful in refunding my Hotel charge for a canceled wedding on July 4th. I had left some Voicemails and hadn't been able to talk to a live person, but she reached out to me. My Credit Card got refunded around 5 days after she e-mailed me. Thank you! Kris **.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Our Vball team had been waiting over 50 days for our Hotel refund when our Vball tournament in Reno was cancelled. I wrote an email to complain about the delay. Úrsula achieved our refund in about 48 hours. The customer service department would do well to learn from Úrsula! Thanks so much!!

Original review: May 19, 2020

We are all going through difficult times but they made our cancellation easy and we’re understanding. We can’t wait to visit and experience this hotel in person!! We asked about a refund and they were responsive and even offered an increased reimbursement if we took a credit.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I wanted to write and say thank you and acknowledge the great customer service provided by Miurica **. In a difficult situation where I had to cancel hotel reservations because the the COVID-19 fiasco, she communicated regularly with me and was able to get me a refund! I am very appreciative.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: May 19, 2020

I had a reservation for a hotel in Reno and because of Corona Virus the hotel closed. HotelPlanner.com automatically issued a "voucher" instead of a refund. I have not asked for a voucher, I paid them with cash so I expect to get a refund. I have tried countless times to reach them via phone and live chat, to resolve the issue but nobody ever answers. After hours of staying on hold I get their voice mail. Sent emails to customer service also but no response.

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to the inquiry regarding your reservation. We thank you for your patience during this unprecedented time as we were awaiting the refund for your reservation.

I am pleased to advise you that a refund was processed for your reservation ((Refunded($679.69)) and you can expect it in your account in the next 10 business days.

HotelPlanner.com author review by ConsumerAffairs

HotelPlanner uses online technology to connect customers with hotel group sales managers. Founded in 2003, HotelPlanner offers group travel services in more than twenty languages and partners with more than 50,000 hotels worldwide.

• Guaranteed lowest group rates: For consumers booking 10 or more rooms per night, HotelPlanner matches or beats the prices offered elsewhere.

• Free room for the planner: The group's coordinator, the person who set up the hotel block, is provided with a free room when booking more than the minimum number of required rooms for the block.

• Local experts: A local expert is assigned to each group to provide advice about navigating the city and enjoying activities.

• Easy bid requests: The electronic room-booking process for groups is quick and easy to navigate. Travelers fill in the form and wait for hotels to bid on their travel, cutting out hours spent on the phone and putting negotiating power in the hands of the traveler.

• Hotels bid on clients: HotelPlanner provides clients with the option to have hotels bid for the client's business, ensuring the best rates and packages.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team