4.37/5
Based on 128 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

West Palm Beach, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HotelPlanner.com is the world's largest provider of online group hotel bookings and event management services. Listed among the top 50 travel sites in the world and ranked number one in group travel, HotelPlanner.com now receives over 5 million unique visitors each month.

Our company offers the best deals in the group, individual and corporate travel and has partnerships with some of the most renowned franchises in sports including the Los Angeles Clippers, San Diego Chargers, Washington Redskins, St Louis Rams and the Florida Panthers.

If you need to book a hotel, book like the pros! Book with HotelPlanner.com.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 19, 2018

484 HotelPlanner.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

If I could give zero stars I would. I booked my hotel with HotelPlanner.com for Holiday Inn and fully charged for the hotel. Upon my arrival to Holiday Inn I was advised that my reservation was cancelled and they gave my room away. After showing the hotel my reservation they were able to quickly clean a room (definitely not up to cleaning standards) and their management was not available. After my stay I contacted Holiday Inn directly and advised of my unsatisfactory experience. They were willing to reimburse me but since I booked through HotelPlanner.com I had to get it from them. My stay with Holiday Inn was on 2/23/18 and I called HotelPlanner.com on 3/1/18 to explain and that Holiday Inn reimbursed HotelPlanner.com the money. When I called the representative had a baby crying in the background, kept putting me on mute and then after I spent 10-15 minutes explaining the situation I had to email her the exact same thing.

She wouldn’t give me her last name or any type of reference number for the conversation for when I was to email my situation. I sent my email on 3/1/18 waited for a few days, no response. So I requested an update and something from a manager. Finally 4 days later an update. They were looking into it. I also emailed HotelPlanner.com my conversation with Holiday Inn. A couple more days go by no response, emailed again. Few days later same thing they are “looking into it”. As of 3/20/18 another false expectation from HotelPlanner.com. It now has almost been 2 months and Holiday Inn did their part of refunding the money back to HotelPlanner.com but not able to refund me. I have asked several times for an update and nothing, also requested to file a formal complaint and no opportunity to do so. EXTREMELY unsatisfied with their customer service and lack of ability to solve problems. I will never use them again or recommend them to anyone.

Get the news you need delivered right to you!

Join over 300,000 subscribers and receive the latest expert advice, consumer news, and recall notices in your inbox.

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: April 17, 2018

There are no real perks or competitive rates when using HotelPlanner.com. Most hotels fail to meet basic requirements so users are forced to sort through listings that don't meet locale or star ratings. Trivago saves you more.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I had not recognized a reservation with HotelPlanner on my account since it had a Florida reference. I reported the charge as fraud disputed the charge. A couple days later I realized the charge was one I had made for a hotel near Friday Harbor, WA. I called my credit card holder and explained the problem and they put the charge back on my account. Reginette contacted me recently regarding the dispute. She handled confirming that I needed the reservation with the hotel. I appreciate her prompt help.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I had cause to cancel/amend my booking. I found your website on booking wasn't clear with fees/options but Reginette ** in customer services was extremely pleasant and helpful with no fuss and very quickly sorted out my query. Can't thank them enough.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: April 11, 2018

On April 3rd, I went on to the Days Inn Buffalo airport site. I put in my dates needed for reservation. The next page came up and told me to choose a room. I chose my room and paid. The next day, I got a receipt stating that my reservation is confirmed for Niagara Falls. I have emailed 3 times to correct the problem. I did get one email stating that Days Inn agreed to cancel my reservation but that I would have to pay for one night. I have called 5 times now and have been given The runaround each time. The person in charge, Regina, would not call me back nor answer her phone. This company is a SCAM. I am so disgusted with people who take advantage of others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HotelPlanner.com?

Original review: April 6, 2018

Reginette was helpful in getting my itinerary sorted out with the hotel in making sure that all the guest's names were accurately put in. There was a glitch when I booked and she made sure it was fixed with the right information!

Original review: April 3, 2018

The large hotel groups often push their reservations to different booking websites. I thought I was making a reservation with the corporate office of American Inn which is owned by Wyndham. They assured me I had a 48 hour cancellation policy. Unbeknownst to me I was talking with hotelplanner.com. She assured me I had until Wed at 3 pm to cancel my reservation - so Tuesday when I called they told me I had a nonrefundable reservation and there was nothing I could do. Their agent was incredibly rude. The first woman had completely misled me. I am tired of these large hotel groups pushing their customers to these unreputable websites who will take advantage of people’s goodwill. It also gives Wyndham and American Inn a bad name which they don’t deserve. If a customer is “pushed” away to another booking agent they should have to tell the customer they are not talking to the Home hotel where the client would like to stay.

Original review: April 2, 2018

HotelPlanner.com is the best place to book hotel. I found the cheapest rate online and great customer service. When I accidentally booked a smoking room with a nonrefundable rate I called customer service and the guy was great who I spoke with. He called the hotel and ask them if I could change to a non-smoking room. He kept me on the line until he got ahold of the service desk at the hotel and changed it for me. I would recommend HotelPlanner to anyone.

Original review: March 29, 2018

HotelPlanner made duplicate reservations. Canceled the duplicate. Then canceled the original reservation leaving me on the day before my trip with no reservation. They blamed me for disputing the duplicate. Did not help me get a reservation and left me stranded with no place to stay. The person R. ** who allegedly was taking care of the situation didn't even pick up the phone or return my calls. April the supervisor would not help me with a new reservation, said I had to call the hotel on my own.

Later I found out that these scam companies all work together. I called the MGM Grand and was not talking to one of their representatives but rather an agent from Get-a-room.com who charged me over 3 times the rate of HotelPlanner. Only to find out that the confirmation came for the tripled priced room from no other than HotelPlanner. The same place that canceled my reservation, said they could not help me get another reservation, then under another name sent me a confirmation for the HIGHER priced hotel. I have asked their rep R. ** to stop contacting me but the witch continues to send me emails. I suppose I'll have no other option but to contact my attorney because she will not stop harassing me. Probably because I gave her the horrible review she deserved. BUYERS BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY AND ITS HIDDEN AFFILIATES.

Original review: March 27, 2018

Originally I had reached out to Hotelplanner.com about having some changes made to my mother-in-law's reservation. I did not receive a response for some time so I followed up with a note expressing my disappointment in the customer service. Soon after sending that follow up note I heard from one of your customer service representatives. Once I heard from the Reginette (the customer service rep) my experience was nothing but positive. Reginette helped me do exactly what I needed to do and was timely and polite. I am very satisfied with the level of help that I received.

Resolution response: March 30, 2018

They have refunded my money & I couldn't be more thankful! I'm happy to give them a 5 star rating for promptly resolving this issue. In all honesty the issue was due to a mistake I made and they were under no obligation to issue a refund. They truly went over & above to help me. It's good to know there's still people willing to help others in time of need regardless of the circumstances. We all need a little help sometimes. I will remember this good deed and do something to help someone else as an expression of my gratitude. Thanks for checking on me. I appreciate all everyone has done to help me!

Original review: March 26, 2018

On 3/22/18 I became aware of an Easter Sunrise Service scheduled for New Smyrna Beach & decided I'd try to make the trip from Locust Grove, GA. I immediately went to my employer's website and found the employee perks and made reservations for one night at the Holiday Inn Daytona Beach Speedway without checking with family members first. Unfortunately, the timing is not good for anyone in my family to go so I decided to cancel the reservations and learned I would NOT be refunded NOR could I change the reservation to another location or date. I'm disheartened that making an honest mistake cost me $150+ and nobody at HotelPlanner.com is willing to help.

I frequently travel but I'm never the one making the reservations and honestly had no idea when I made the reservation I would be charged the full price even in the event I needed to cancel. I feel sure it was a detail I overlooked at the time I was making the reservation because I was so excited about the possibility of attending an Easter Sunrise Service on the beach. I am absolutely positive I will NEVER consider making reservations through this company again and will be sure to share my experience with everyone I know. I'm not sure why anyone would make reservations they couldn't get a refund for if they had to cancel. Life happens to everyone and we never know when plans could change. I regret using HotelPlanner.com and hope I keep others from making the same mistake I made.

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to us via our review portal. We are able to verify and confirm that you booked your reservation on ((03/22/18 07:11 PM)) for your confirmed hotel and at the time of booking per the cancellation policy that you agreed to at the time of booking stated -

- Cancellation Policy: For the room type and rate that you've selected, you are not allowed to change or cancel your reservation. If you cancel your room, you will still be charged for the full reservation amount.

o Please note that with the type of reservation that you booked cancellation and refund is at the hotels discretion as HotelPlanner cannot issue a refund to you without the approval of the hotel.

On your behalf we were able to contact the hotel and request a cancellation waiver for your reservation and the hotel did provide a one-time exception. As such your reservation has been cancelled and a full refund has been issued. You have also received an email from the billing department confirming the refund as well.

Please note that refunds do take between 3 – 7 business days to be allocated back to your account.

HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: March 23, 2018

We made reservations on 3/16/18 for a hotel near the Atlanta airport. The hotel was not what we were told - it was terrible. I received a follow up email from Reginette ** and told her about our experience. She followed up on my complaints and was able to refund my money. I really appreciate the follow up service. Thanks.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I made reservations through this company, they advertise as good prices, they say we can cancel our reservations any time. Once you pay for a price previously quoted they add over 35.00 above the room price plus their taxes... and on their new confirmation letter they state you cannot cancel or your money will not get refunded. The room at the hotel was 110.00 with all its taxes, these company charged me 130.00. If these warning can help you I suggest you book directly or with someone else.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I tried for weeks to create hotel blocks for my destination wedding through Hotel Planner. I made inquiry after inquiry through their site never receiving a single response from any of the hotels that had supposedly was offering a block for my wedding. It was only after I contacted each hotel individually on my own outside of Hotel Planner that I realized that not a single one had offered a block through Hotel Planner or were even aware that I had tried to reach them through Hotel Planner to create a block.

Thankfully I was able to create a few blocks on my own with a few hotels. However when I canceled my search on Hotel Planner, they sent emails to some of hotels that I had created blocks with outside of the Hotel Planner system and told them to cancel any room blocks that were reserved in my name!!! I was absolutely floored! How does canceling the continuance of a search equate to my wanting to cancel existing blocks or my wedding??? Obviously I contacted my hotels and made sure that they didn't cancel my room blocks. All three hotels were very understanding and didn't cancel my rooms because they've seen such emails from Hotel Planner before.

In fact I was told by one manager that she gets emails from Hotel Planner trying to cancel blocks all the time, they're the only emails that she ever receives from them. And that she never takes them serious because they're always proven to be erroneous when she calls the owner of the block. Apparently those who work for Hotel Planner can get their nasty emails to hotel management but not the inquiries of customers. Anyway my advice is to stay away from Hotel Planner if you're trying to create a room block instead just contact hotels on your own. Thankfully I figured out the rouse in time. If you're creating blocks in a popular destination as I was then you risk the chance of figuring Hotel Planner out too late and then finding yourself out of time with no place for you or your guests to stay. HotelPlanner.com is a waste of time!!!

Original review: March 8, 2018

Booked a room through HotelPlanner.com for 29 nights in California. They charged my credit card for the 29 nights. After 3 nights had to go a different location that required checking out of the hotel which happened on 18 Feb. Called Hotelplanners.com customer service on that day to have the remaining balance returned to my credit card which happened after 2 phone calls. The money was credited on 1 March. At that time also informed them that I needed a detailed receipt for my voucher which they said would be e-mailed to me. Have now been in contact with 3 different customer service representative all stating that an e-mail would be sent with a detailed receipt. That has never happened. Just called and talked to a customer service supervisor who informed me that this detailed receipt now requires special request before it can happen. This is the first and last time I will ever use a third party to book a hotel.

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to us via our review portal and I would like to apologize to you for any inconvenience that this reservation may have caused you. I am not sure with whom you have been in contact with exactly but I do apologize for the hassle in receiving a receipt for your reservation. A detailed copy of the receipt and refund for your reservation has been sent to you via email.

Once again I sincerely apologize to you for any inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you need any assistance (email sent to your email on file).

Hotel Planner Management Team

Original review: March 8, 2018

Our hotel reservation was cancelled but hotel charged our card anyway. If we didn't check our statement, it would have been our loss. It took a long time, (2months) many wasted hours, to correct this error and to give us a refund. Reginette ** assistance was commendable.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I just want to say that I got excellent service today when I had to cancel one of my reservations that I have made with your company. Reginette and another young lady who I spoke to about my cancellation were polite, professional and willing to do what it took to help me out. I have used your website in the past and will continue to do so in the future. I will also recommend your website to my friends. I believe you run a great company with excellent staff. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

I would strongly recommend HotelPlanner for planning a business trip or vacation. My wife made a reservation for wedding we were planning to attend but later found out we were unable to attend the wedding. Despite their non-cancellation policy on reservations they were understanding and made a full refund of the hotel cost.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

My husband and I booked a room with the Hampton Inn in Ft. Oglethorpe/Ringgold, Georgia. We have grandchildren in the area and stay there a couple of times a year. We were traveling through on January 12 of this year and booked through HotelPlanner. A couple of weeks later when I checked my credit card statement, I noticed I had been charged by Priceline and also the hotel which I thought was an error on the hotel's part. I called the hotel and spoke with a gentleman who was quite rude and said they did not do business with Priceline and it was basically my problem because Priceline had not paid the hotel. I did not know what to do and after some thought found my original reservation through HotelPlanner and emailed and explained the situation.

I was conversing with Reginette ** and was surprised when I received a return email. She was very professional and nice and after a few emails, I had a credit on my credit card statement from the hotel. Since the hotel manager was so rude and not helpful at all, I am so grateful to Reginette for her assistance in resolving this issue.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

My wife and I were driving from the Monterey Peninsula to our home in southern Oregon and needed a place to stay. She went online and through HotelPlanner.com started to book an America's Best Value Inn in Vacaville, CA. She worked through the process and provided information including her credit card information. But when asked to confirm, she declined because we decided to look around. We ultimately decided to check in to the same motel (America's Best Value Inn) in Vacaville. When we checked in we were charged $56.95 for the room.

We provided a credit card (mine, not my wife's) to pay for it. When we got home, my wife found out that HER credit card had been debited $92.03 for the same room. This included a charge of $62.07 for the room and $29.96 for "Tax Recovery Charges and Service Fees." Not only were we overcharged for the room, but we ended up paying $30 more for it. When my wife called to protest the charge, she was told that her reservation had been confirmed and that she had in fact spoken to a live person to confirm it. I was sitting next to here during the whole process and I know she did not confirm the reservation. She also never spoke to a live person. So far hotelplanner.com has not refunded any money or responded to our complaint.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I was extremely dissatisfied with the individual I worked with when questioning my credit card bill. He was unempathetic and uncaring. It was brought to my attention that CCI (the company used to bill) charged $40 over the actual price the hotel. When I called to ask about it he couldn’t explain what happened and tried to tell me it was because I got “free” breakfast with the room. If I am being charged $40 then it’s not “free”. He basically told me I had no recourse. I thought the purpose of this site was to obtain the best price possible. Being charged $40 over what the regular room rate is was not something I expected. I will be sure to share this experience with family and friends to ensure they do not use this shady, unethical site.

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I would like to apologize to you for any inconvenience that this reservation may have caused you. The department handling your reservation has reached out to you and compensation has been provided.

Once again I sincerely apologize to you for any inconvenience caused.

Hotel Planner

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I really appreciate the kind assistance provided by Regina Exume on behalf of HotelPlanner. She contacted me to confirm and understand what I needed, and followed through keeping me informed of her progress. Great job! I'll use this service again.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

Ms. ** was extremely kind and thorough in assisting me with a reservation cancellation I had to make due to a family death. She went above and beyond to send emails, keep me appraised of the progress and generally express concern about my situation. The resolution was quick and she efficiently handled every detail. I commend her for her excellent customer service and professionalism.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

My team was signing up for a Stay and Play tournament, and I accidentally booked too many rooms. It was our first time doing something like this, and my service representative was very helpful. She was able to make a one time exception for me and cancel the booked room.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Thank you Mr. Reginette ** for providing me an excellent service in assisting me for my booking problem. I really appreciated your kind support to make my booking run smoothly. Keep up your good work! I hope you have a happy day. Have a good day.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I called Hotel Planner and spoke with a person who said his name was "Sammy". I informed him that I wanted to reserve a "suite" in the Chicago area. He described a place in Tinley Park, i.e. "Sleep Inn", as having "3" rooms, a living room, a full kitchen and a bedroom with a king sized bed. I accepted his description of this place as being real and true and reserved what I thought was a suite. When I arrived at this facility, I was immediately surprised to find that this place did not have suites, only single rooms. The hotel nice and clean, but no "suites". The payment for this reservation was processed through "cci*hotel@getaroom". I called this place back and ask if I could cancel this reservation. They told me no, but they would give me a 10% discount for the inconvenience they had caused me. That is why I am very dissatisfied.

Hi Emmanuel,

We appreciate the opportunity to review your concerns and apologize for this disappointing experience. Your concerns were escalated to the department handing your reservation for a full review and per the information communicated by the department handling your reservation they advised that you did call same arrival day, and as they could not change the room type on a same day reservation they offered 10% off your reservation with a refund in the amount $66.79 processed in January. As goodwill courtesy they are issuing an additional $25.00 refund.

Again we apologize for this experience and any inconvenience that it caused you.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

The customer service with this site is atrocious. Their site is misleading and did not have all of the fees the resort had. Nowhere on the site during booking did it list the extra fees until AFTER it was already booked. I immediately called to talk to someone about them and cancel. I was given the runaround FOR DAYS! We talked to the “manager” the highest at HotelPlanner.com and she could not give us information about where these fees were listed but insisted they were. She also stated that she could not cancel even though they were mistake because they would still get charged by the hotel. After being on the phone with her for 40 minutes she hung up on me with no resolution. We are now talking with our bank to take further action. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS WEBSITE!

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we apologize to you for any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Please note that we are currently looking further into this matter on your behalf.

HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I had a lot of questions, was traveling to an event and budget constraints! Richard was patient, I had a specific hotel that I requested - using his customer service skills and active listening, he discovered a better deal at another location - yet, my mobility challenges required closer proximity than the newly discovered deal. He answered additional questions and pointed out nearby venues of interest! Great customer service technique! Thank you for hiring Richard, he was a great help to me!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

What started out as a huge chaotic mix-up for our family trip ended up being not only resolved but an additional helpful offer thrown in for our family. The person who helped out was Reginette **. She & I emailed many, many times. I know she felt my frustration in my messages but she remained ever so helpful & attentive. Throughout our exchanges things at first seemed to get even more mixed up. I admit I was concerned that HotelPlanner would fail to uphold their agreement & I would be left an unhappy customer. All the praise goes to Reginette. She worked diligently on my case to make certain things worked out for my trip & my family. I'm sure she has many cases to handle as customer service for such a large company but she never let my issue slide or be unattended. She is a true asset to HotelPlanner. I am looking forward to my trip this weekend. Thanks for all your help Reginette !!!

Insufficient response received
Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I used this site for one of the better prices on a hotel. 1/20/18 I was charged for the room. When I went to check in the hotel had said they did not receive payment even though I had my receipt and confirmation available. I was hung up on by a representative from the site saying I was yelling but 2 seconds before said he couldn't hear me. Spoke with another representative that told me they do not process payments through the site even though my bank statement said otherwise. Finally got a manager willing to get involved and after 2 trips to the hotel and about 35 phone calls and 3 hours of frustration we finally were checked in. I will not be using this site again as I shouldn't have to go through all that with 2 kids by my side stuck out for 3 hrs.

Hi Kayla,

Thank you for providing us with your review regarding your reservation and I would like to apologize to you for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

We were able to verify that the hotel did mistakenly bill you for your reservation directly and we had processed a refund back to you on February 8th, 2018 for the charge allocated for your reservation on our end and due to the inconvenience that was also caused to you we did send you additional compensation via email.

Once again I sincerely apologize to you for any inconvenience caused and allowing us the opportunity to review and rectify this matter for you. Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Hotel Planner Management Team

HotelPlanner.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

HotelPlanner uses online technology to connect customers with hotel group sales managers. Founded in 2003, HotelPlanner offers group travel services in more than twenty languages and partners with more than 50,000 hotels worldwide.

• Guaranteed lowest group rates: For consumers booking 10 or more rooms per night, HotelPlanner matches or beats the prices offered elsewhere.

• Free room for the planner: The group's coordinator, the person who set up the hotel block, is provided with a free room when booking more than the minimum number of required rooms for the block.

• Local experts: A local expert is assigned to each group to provide advice about navigating the city and enjoying activities.

• Easy bid requests: The electronic room-booking process for groups is quick and easy to navigate. Travelers fill in the form and wait for hotels to bid on their travel, cutting out hours spent on the phone and putting negotiating power in the hands of the traveler.

• Hotels bid on clients: HotelPlanner provides clients with the option to have hotels bid for the client's business, ensuring the best rates and packages.

• Best for: HotelPlanner is best for group travelers, such as business groups, wedding parties and reunion attendees.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs