It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.31/5
Based on 135 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

West Palm Beach, FL

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HotelPlanner.com is the world's largest provider of online group hotel bookings and event management services. Listed among the top 50 travel sites in the world and ranked number one in group travel, HotelPlanner.com now receives over 5 million unique visitors each month.

Our company offers the best deals in the group, individual and corporate travel and has partnerships with some of the most renowned franchises in sports including the Los Angeles Clippers, San Diego Chargers, Washington Redskins, St Louis Rams and the Florida Panthers.

If you need to book a hotel, book like the pros! Book with HotelPlanner.com.

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

512 HotelPlanner.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 23, 2018

I contacted the hotel directly to cancel my reservation more than 48 hours before the arrival date. Hotel Planner had already charged my credit card. The hotel couldn’t refund me because Hotel Planner got the money. Hotel Planner will not respond to my inquiries about refunding my money. Very frustrated and disappointed in their customer service. Will never use them again and will tell others not to use them.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

After combing the Internet for a rather urgent hotel reservation for my husband's medical procedure in Vancouver, B.C., I called what I thought was a direct reservation number (which I've used before). I was offered a 15% discount for a middle-of-the-road hotel in a noisy area of Vancouver, but it was close to the hospital and acceptable under the circumstances. I was never told a.) There was a "reservation charge" of over $200 (US) and b.) All charges were in US dollars and c.) I had to go online, through a "procedure" to find my official receipt because the hotel was not able to provide one directly. Our necessary medical trip has now cost hundreds of extra dollars. Never again. (We live in B.C. Canada.)

Greetings Susan,
We appreciate the opportunity to review you concern and apologize for this disappointing experience. Your review have been escalated to the department handling your reservation for a full review and per any updates received the department or our specialist will be in contact with you. Again, we apologize for this experience.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My elderly mother tried to book a hotel room at the Quality Inn in Petaluma for this weekend. On the HotelPlanner site she found a very affordable senior discount rate. She double-checked the price for all three nights of her stay, clicked "book," and great! Except... not. She was later emailed a price quote that listed two of the nights as significantly more expensive than the third night. Luckily we took screenshots of the original deal, emailed their customer service, and were given a phone number. Tried the phone number, it was an automated message that hung up on me - twice. Tried the customer service representative - Ynasthia - and she said, "the rates change automatically and we have no control over it." Went back and forth and finally... mom was offered a $100 discount coupon. Great, problem solved. Except... not. Again. We were then told she couldn't use this coupon for her stay but had to use it later!

Um, the problem was with THIS visit, and the error was yours! Finally ended up calling the actual hotel and talked to a fabulous manager who honored the original price quote, cancelled our bait-and-switch reservation with HotelScammer, er, HotelPlanner, and will NEVER. Book. Through. Them. Again. Don't do it, they do not care about you!

Greetings,
We appreciate the opportunity to review you concern and apologize for any inconvinence caused. Your review have been escalated to management team for a full review. Again, we apologize for this experience.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Had to cancel a hotel. I had the opportunity to work with Reginette on my issue. Extremely quick and helpful. My problem was solved within a day! With a full refund and zero a headache, I would recommend this platform to any of my friends. Thanks. :)

Original review: June 14, 2018

I had a great customer service experience with Reginette. She was extremely helpful and was able to resolve my issue in a timely and in a satisfactory manner. It was a great experience working with her. I would recommend HotelPlanner as it was easy to use and the customer service was great.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HotelPlanner.com?

Original review: June 14, 2018

I got a good customer experience with Ynasthia **. I always get a quick response for email regarding my cancellation. It was long to solve but I never felt abandoned. I'm happy with the full refund. Good communication, quick reply.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I had made a reservation for a motel room to go to a wedding and was then invited to stay with the family of the groom. When I called back to cancel, the first person to whom I spoke said they could not cancel it, but would connect me with their manager. It took two tries at this process to get the job done, but it was taken care of and everyone I spoke with was pleasant and responsive.

Original review: June 14, 2018

We had a horrible experience with Hotel Planner. I booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express I 95 North in Port Wentworth, GA. After checking in, we received a call from the front desk saying that the payment for our room had not been made, even though I had a confirmation email and proof that the money had been deducted from my checking account. The hotel was going to make us leave, saying that the hotel had not received payment from Hotel Planner for our room. We were tired from 9 hours of driving and had our twin daughters crying because they thought we were going to have to leave. This continued for over two hours. Finally, we got IHG customer service involved and they told the front desk person to go ahead and let us stay. After two hours, Hotel Planner still had not sent our payment to the hotel. We had a terrible experience and I would not recommend Hotel Planner to anyone!!

Greetings Beverly,

HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: June 13, 2018

I had mistakenly booked an extra night for the Leaders conference in Chicago. I wanted to take off one night on the hotel reservation. Reginette ** from your help desk helped me to correct my mistake. :) All is set now for my stay in the Palmer hotel in Chicago.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I booked three days stay (check in May 16, 2018, check out May 19, 2018) in Edward Hotel Chicago on May 1st, 2018 (Itinerary # **). On May 15th, my guest arrived one day early, and would stay in Chicago from May 15th to 17th. I called 800 number and talked to one of your associate to ask sifting the date in same hotel. She instructed me to book one night stay for May 15th. She then changed original booking to two days stay (check in on May 16th, check out on 18th). During my hotel booking process, changing the dates after booking, and the refund back, Reginette helped me step by step. All procedure went through smoothly. Thank you, Reginette!!

Original review: June 7, 2018

I had a question about my hotel reservation type and details. I didn't find the room and meal information in my reservation confirmation. The person who helped me was very professional and his answer was satisfactory. His response was fast too.

Original review: June 7, 2018

My name is Andrew **. I was attempting to make a reservation for a hotel in Lafayette, Indiana but made the reservation fro Lafayette, La. Needless to say when I realize the mistake I was very concerned because I'm on a fixed income. My situation was referred to Ms. Reginette ** and she did a fantastic job of explaining your policy and taking care of my problem. I will use your services in the future because of how she handle my situation.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I booked a room for one night at the St.Louis Renaissance Airport Hotel in April 2018. The room was less than desirable. The comforter had several holes, the phone did not work, the tub was dirty, and the carpet was stained. I took pictures and made the front desk aware. I could not get refunded from the hotel since the hotel was booked and paid through HotelPlanner.com. After leaving the hotel, I contacted HotelPlanner.com and the runaround began. I am still waiting to find out why I was told that there was no approval to refund my money when I paid HotelPlanner.com directly. Who is not approving my refund?

I have contacted Reginette ** several times, I called the Marriott Corporate to complain about the rudeness at the Renaissance Hotel when I called to inquire about who would not give approval, since I had no idea what was happening. I am so disgusted with this company and I don't trust booking with them. It is June and I have not been refunded and continue to be dismissed as of today. I hate that I booked and paid for 2 more hotels for vacation prior to being treated with the utmost disrespect as a consumer. I will not use this company ever again. I hope the next 2 hotels are satisfactory.

Original review: May 30, 2018

Rennette was very professional and helpful when I called to book a room in Chicago, Illinois. She was very thorough in finding me a room 6 miles away from my conference area. She searched for the best price to fit my budget, she researched public transportation for me from airport to hotel and getting around in Chicago. She did it with such ease and being pleasant and had a lot of patience. Please help me in thanking Rennette.

Original review: May 28, 2018

Reginette - Very pleased with the way she catered to our needs as we had unexpected changes to our travel plans! Will use these services again and refer to family and friends. Thank you for your help during this time as we travel to our grandfather's funeral!

Original review: May 25, 2018

I had cancel my nonrefundable reservation due to the weather. I was very pleased and grateful when I was emailed that my account would be refunded all but 5%. Great customer service. I will stay there (Ameristay) on my next trip.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I had to cancel our hotel reservation due to an unexpected medical emergency which occurred 1 day before we were scheduled to leave for vacation. Unfortunately, we missed the window to cancel our reservation without penalties. I contacted the escalation department and initiated a conversation with Reginette. I explained our situation and asked if she could consider not penalizing us for the entire amount of the reservation. We knew we missed the cancellation deadline but hoped she would consider the last minute emergency situation. Reginette was very understanding to our situation. She said she would look into whether she could help us out a bit with the penalty. She said she would look into this and get back to us within a day or two and she was true to her word.

We could not have been more satisfied with the kindness and consideration she showed us. She was so very nice and pleasant. We still plan to visit Texas and because of the assistance we received with Reginette we will most definitely be booking our reservation at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Waco. She is a wonderful reflection of your organization and I would recommend your hotel without hesitation. Many thanks to Reginette and your organization for all your kindness and consideration. It is truly appreciated.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I had to modify my reservation. It was difficult during the weekend, and the hotel was unable to do it, which was very frustrating. I emailed you, and Reginette ** replied on Monday. I wrote again on Monday eve and by Tuesday the modification had been made. She was polite and friendly.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I had very bad experience with HotelPlanner.com. Bad customer service with bad supervision. I spoke with more than 10 people to solve the issue. They connect me to each other till they connect me to Expedia who cannot help or do anything. I do not advice anyone to reserve or book through them.

Original review: May 12, 2018

I just wanted to commend my agent (I cannot recall her name), who went out of her way to find a hotel in the area of Austin, TX, I wanted with an affordable handicap-accessible room for my wife. She located one at the Wyndham Garden Hotel Austin. She deserves commendation.

Original review: May 11, 2018

We were experiencing delays with our travel provider that affected our hotel reservations. Thanks to Ms ** at HotelPlanner our issues were quickly addressed and resolved to our great satisfaction. We were impressed how quickly she got back to us when we needed help and how quickly she fixed our problem. Thanks so much for helping us on a very stressful day!

Original review: May 10, 2018

I called the Hampton Inn to make a reservation and was told the hotel was full as we were making the reservation. Reginette helped me a book a two-week stay at the Days Inn at the government rate. My supervisor decided to save the government some money by having us come home instead of staying over the weekend. Trying to change my reservation was a whole bunch of heartache, Days Inn would not cooperate and they did not tell me that THEY canceled the original reservation when I called the day before to change it.

I got a new reservation but when I looked at it this morning it was not correct. I called Days Inn back and was told I had to call HotelPlanners to make any changes to my reservation... one they made the day before. So I call HotelPlanners and was told that there was no reservation or confirmation number in name. I called Days Inn back and we started over on a new reservation and they finally got it right.

Then they said that HotelPLanners was going to charge me for rooms too if I did not cancel with them. Reginette helped me get all this straightened out and I do have rooms for the two weeks, but lost my ground floor room in the process for the second week. If my reservation was not canceled how did I lose the room that I had reserved the day before? Days Inn will not be my go to next time I need a hotel, no one should have to go through all this calling back and forth. I work in customer service too and they have really bad customer service. Thank you Reginette for helping me through this.

Original review: May 7, 2018

I booked two rooms at the Marriott in Hunt Valley Maryland for a school reunion. My credit card was immediately billed for both rooms and then my friend was charged to her credit card when she arrived for her room. I called HotelPlanner to resolve this and then I was sent on an unnecessary paper chase. I have already spent an hour on this and it is not resolved. If you use HotelPlanner be aware your credit card will be charged immediately and you may be charged again at check in!!!

Updated on 05/08/2018: I am still trying to resolve this. HotelPlanner.com charged me for a room when I booked it and then the hotel charged my friend when she checked in. This was their error but they are requesting that I track down the paperwork. No reason they can't contact the hotel, confirm double billing, and refund my money. Ridiculous. Also, I have never heard of charging at booking time. Stay away from HotelPlanner.com!

Original review: May 7, 2018

Give Ynasthia a Raise! She was courteous, prompt, and followed up exactly when she said she would. We needed to cancel a hotel booking that we were told we were able to do - we ended up purchasing another hotel room (we wanted to upgrade) but then the hotel back pedaled and said they wouldn't be able to give us a refund! Ynasthia was great with helping us resolve it. Absolutely amazing customer service. Thank you Ynasthia! You saved us a lot of anxiety while planning our wedding!

Original review: May 4, 2018

While booking a stay for a wedding in Canada, an error caused me to book for an additional unnecessary night. I was very upset, but when I reached out for help, the representative (Reginette) was calm and pleasant and resolved the issue for me. I really appreciated the polite and efficient service. Thank you!

Original review: April 24, 2018

I've used HotelPlanner.com in the past. For my most recent reservation, due to a mix up, an expensive itinerary was reserved for the wrong sets of dates. Reginette was very helpful and helped me find a resolution to the issue within a quick turnaround time. The whole interaction with Customer Care was professional and painless. This definitely helped prevent a damp start to my trip. Would recommend to a friend.

Original review: April 24, 2018

The service from Reginette was one of the most professional experiences I have ever had! Her passion and excitement to deliver the best service to me was exceptional and greatly appreciated! She was great. Can I have her number so I can call her specifically when I need assistance!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: April 19, 2018

If I could give zero stars I would. I booked my hotel with HotelPlanner.com for Holiday Inn and fully charged for the hotel. Upon my arrival to Holiday Inn I was advised that my reservation was cancelled and they gave my room away. After showing the hotel my reservation they were able to quickly clean a room (definitely not up to cleaning standards) and their management was not available. After my stay I contacted Holiday Inn directly and advised of my unsatisfactory experience. They were willing to reimburse me but since I booked through HotelPlanner.com I had to get it from them. My stay with Holiday Inn was on 2/23/18 and I called HotelPlanner.com on 3/1/18 to explain and that Holiday Inn reimbursed HotelPlanner.com the money. When I called the representative had a baby crying in the background, kept putting me on mute and then after I spent 10-15 minutes explaining the situation I had to email her the exact same thing.

She wouldn’t give me her last name or any type of reference number for the conversation for when I was to email my situation. I sent my email on 3/1/18 waited for a few days, no response. So I requested an update and something from a manager. Finally 4 days later an update. They were looking into it. I also emailed HotelPlanner.com my conversation with Holiday Inn. A couple more days go by no response, emailed again. Few days later same thing they are “looking into it”. As of 3/20/18 another false expectation from HotelPlanner.com. It now has almost been 2 months and Holiday Inn did their part of refunding the money back to HotelPlanner.com but not able to refund me. I have asked several times for an update and nothing, also requested to file a formal complaint and no opportunity to do so. EXTREMELY unsatisfied with their customer service and lack of ability to solve problems. I will never use them again or recommend them to anyone.

Greetings,

We appreciate the opportunity to review the guest concerns and apologize for any inconvenience experienced. At HotelPlanner we take pride in ensuring our customer's satisfaction and will work with our team to ensure a situation like this is not repeated.

The guest issue has been resolved as the hotel has finally provided our the billing department approval to issue a refund of (1 Night) back to the mutual guest and the refund was issued on Fri 4/27/2018 9:55 AM . In addition due to the inconvenience caused to the guest, HotelPlanner also provided them a voucher that they can utilize in the near future to book a reservation using our services.

Once again we do apologize to the guest for any inconvenience this may have caused them and we have also updated the guest via email as we were in contact with them prior to their review.

HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: April 17, 2018

There are no real perks or competitive rates when using HotelPlanner.com. Most hotels fail to meet basic requirements so users are forced to sort through listings that don't meet locale or star ratings. Trivago saves you more.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I had not recognized a reservation with HotelPlanner on my account since it had a Florida reference. I reported the charge as fraud disputed the charge. A couple days later I realized the charge was one I had made for a hotel near Friday Harbor, WA. I called my credit card holder and explained the problem and they put the charge back on my account. Reginette contacted me recently regarding the dispute. She handled confirming that I needed the reservation with the hotel. I appreciate her prompt help.

HotelPlanner.com expert review by ConsumerAffairs

HotelPlanner uses online technology to connect customers with hotel group sales managers. Founded in 2003, HotelPlanner offers group travel services in more than twenty languages and partners with more than 50,000 hotels worldwide.

• Guaranteed lowest group rates: For consumers booking 10 or more rooms per night, HotelPlanner matches or beats the prices offered elsewhere.

• Free room for the planner: The group's coordinator, the person who set up the hotel block, is provided with a free room when booking more than the minimum number of required rooms for the block.

• Local experts: A local expert is assigned to each group to provide advice about navigating the city and enjoying activities.

• Easy bid requests: The electronic room-booking process for groups is quick and easy to navigate. Travelers fill in the form and wait for hotels to bid on their travel, cutting out hours spent on the phone and putting negotiating power in the hands of the traveler.

• Hotels bid on clients: HotelPlanner provides clients with the option to have hotels bid for the client's business, ensuring the best rates and packages.

• Best for: HotelPlanner is best for group travelers, such as business groups, wedding parties and reunion attendees.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs