4.61/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HotelPlanner.com is the world's largest provider of online group hotel bookings and event management services. Listed among the top 50 travel sites in the world and ranked number one in group travel, HotelPlanner.com now receives over 5 million unique visitors each month.

Our company offers the best deals in the group, individual and corporate travel and has partnerships with some of the most renowned franchises in sports including the Los Angeles Clippers, San Diego Chargers, Washington Redskins, St Louis Rams and the Florida Panthers.

If you need to book a hotel, book like the pros! Book with HotelPlanner.com.

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

427 HotelPlanner.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Reginette was very helpful in marking my reservation for a refund. We found out that the facility will not be ready in time for our reservation, and she quickly canceled it so that we can make other plans. Thank you!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

November 14, 2017, I booked a hotel reservation through HotelPlanner with Hyatt Regency, Atlanta Northwest. On the said date, I booked a second reservation at a different hotel closer to my son's home address in Marietta, Georgia. Therefore, I needed to cancel the first reservation with the Hyatt. I encountered a minor problem with cancellation of reservation because a clause in the contract. On November 17, 2017, I spoke with Ms. Reginette ** in Customer service. She told me she was happy to assist me with the cancellation. Within five minutes, Ms ** telephone me back and said the reservation had been cancelled and I would be reimbursed. She was professional and customer's oriented. Thanks Ms. **! I am very pleased.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I needed help canceling a non-refundable reservation due to unforeseen and uncontrollable circumstance. I was referred to a reservation specialist who contacted me quickly and asked for further details on my situation. After explaining and upon their review, I was able to cancel and received a full refund. This was a situation of concern for my family and the quick response from the specialist was great and very much appreciated.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Reginette not only cancelled my ENTIRE reservation but never bothered to assist me nor inform me on WHY this happened! I NEVER GAVE HER CONSENT TO CANCEL MY ENTIRE RESERVATION. She was very unresponsive as my vacation was approaching and I called about four times for only to be told to call my hotel directly instead of Expedia. The hotel was then redirecting me back to Expedia, where I kept getting hung up on. I sent her an email the night of my reservation telling her what was going on and was completely ignored. It is now Tuesday and she still hasn't bothered to respond. I arrived to my destination without ANY rooms available. The worst part was that I was forced to stay elsewhere in the middle of the night because the hotel was overbooked. I am so disappointed. This was booked in February for a wedding! I will never book through an agency again. What a terrible experience!!!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I didn't know when I called to reserve a room for a wedding I didn't know that it would be booking the room and the money comes out of the bank at the time it was book but told afterward that when call to book a room that is what happens. But I just wanted to reserve a room. That is when it was explained to me that the booking line is different from reserving a room. That was the first time anyone had explain that to me and I was grateful. They reversed the charges and it was back in my bank before the day was over. Thanks for the lesson!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HotelPlanner.com?

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I had a great experience with HotelPlanner! I used them to plan my trip to Hawaii and when I needed to change my reservation at the last minute, customer service was extremely helpful with doing so. I keep recommending them to my friends!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I recently Booked a stay for a long weekend upstate NY. My travel plans changed and I had to extend the trip by a night, but I want it all on one reservation to ensure I get the same room all weekend. Called up customer support and it was a painless, quick conversation and my reservation got confirmed and extended. Very polite and courteous employees! Definitely would recommend.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

WOW!!! Where do I start!?!? HotelPlanner has the BEST DEALS AROUND!!! Planning a last minute trip??? Check them out! PRICES ARE AMAZING! What about planning a wedding and needing a place to have the reception or lodge your family? HotelPlanner has you covered!! We have tried other companies before and they were horrible!! We will always use HotelPlanner for our upcoming stays and events!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

When we arrived at our hotel in Hershey, PA, we were to have had 2 rooms reserved. Quality Inn and Suites only showed 1 room as booked. Upon calling HotelPlanner we were told that they still showed 2 rooms from their end as reserved. After approximately 45 on the phone and still unresolved, HotelPlanner submitted a request for a relocation for 1 room because neither HotelPlanner or Quality Inn was willing to give us a refund for the first room. We were told someone would be in touch by phone to confirm 1 room at a relocation site.

It is now 30 hours later and we have heard nothing yet... obviously we don't need the room now as we took care of the problem ourselves as we needed a room to stay in last night. My advice would be to avoid HotelPlanner and Quality Inn and Suites as neither were willing to help with the problem, they just played the blame game on each other. What happened to the old expression that the customer is always right?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Booked and confirmed. When we arrived at the hotel the reservation had been canceled. We were told that there was a problem with the reservation and the hotel tried to call HotelPlanner but no response. I called and the first agent I spoke with said she would transfer me to someone who could help. Then she hung up. Tried calling 3 more times but never got through. On the fifth call, a different agent put me on hold and never came back. Tried calling 2 more times and no answer; just kept getting disconnected during on hold music. No other hotel rooms in town available. Ended up having to pay more for lesser accommodations. I have now committed myself to letting EVERYONE know of this terrible service.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to listen to what my concerns were. My stay at the hotel was not as pleasant as I thought it would be unfortunately. But the customer representative went over and beyond in taking care of me and making me feel like a person and not just a number on a ticket with a problem. It actually was addressed so quickly that I would feel confident in trying to stay in one of your establishments again. Thanks again and have a pleasant day.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

On October 23rd I made a reservation through your website for one night at the Holiday Inn in Ocean City, MD. Due to a death in the family I had to cancel my reservation. The funeral is a military funeral and we were at the mercy of the military cemetery in Florida as to when the burial would be. In order for me to travel from Maryland to Florida I had to cancel my plans at the Holiday Inn. I spoke with Alina ** who explained that there would be no refund for the cancellation. However she asked what the circumstances were and when I explained she immediately offered her sympathy and said she would talk with her supervisor and see what could be done. The next day I got an email from Reginette ** saying that under the circumstances I would receive a full refund. I cannot tell you how grateful I am to both of these women. They are outstanding representatives of your company. They made a terrible situation for me a little better to cope with.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

Reginette ** was very helpful and answered my question very quickly. When I booked my room somehow the people staying in room got changed to 1 when I needed 4. She contacted hotel and got it corrected very fast. Emailed confirmation over with corrected number. Thanks for all your help!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

Whenever, we need to plan a trip the stop on the internet is www.hotelplanner.com. The prices are always affordable and the places they offer to stay are always very nice and in the center of where you want to be. The employees work extremely hard to ensure your experience is a great one. We have tried other sites and I have been disappointed with the location once we arrived and the description of the hotel. I prefer you tell me truth, before I arrive please don't post "puff pictures" to get people to stay at your hotel when you have a one star hotel and you are trying to claim it as a four star. People will only be highly dissatisfied when they arrive and blast you for it. Hotelplanner.com ensures this doesn't happen.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

I had a mess up when booking my room in September. Called to get it fixed (had accidentally put 1 Adult instead of 2 adults) and in no time flat they fixed it and sent a confirmed email showing fixed. So thankful since it was a last minute booking anyways. Less than a week away.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I spoke with a rep and asked for a pet friendly room for my 16 pound dog, he asked me for the weight of the dog. When we got to the hotel they did not have a pet friendly room so they would not give us a room, we slept in the car. This company charged me $159.99. I disputed with my credit card company but because I have no proof I asked for a pet friendly room I have to pay. No one will talk to me at this company to make it right. The hotel said they would not charge me but they do not have any paperwork to send me to dispute because I didn't stay at the hotel.

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we apologize to you for any inconvenience that this matter may have caused you. On your behalf, I was able to contact the department handling your reservation and they have agreed as a onetime courtesy to issue you a refund in full for your reservation that has been allocated back to the account information you provided at the time of booking.

Regards,

Hotel Planner Management Team

No response received
Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

This reservation was a nightmare. I do not recall them at all!! First: they misquoted the price by 45.00. Second: They did not send my reservation till I was at the hotel 5 hours. Third: they did not mention that there was a 200.00 deposit. So we did not get the room because motel was booked up.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

When making reservations on the website, I had intended on booking a one-night stay, but mistakenly booked a two-night. I contacted the hotel directly, but because I had used the HotelPlanner website, they were unable to help. HotelPlanner was prompt in correcting the reservation and I was reimbursed the money for the second night within a few days. This was a huge relief since I had chosen the cheaper option of "non-refundable room". I am thankful for their understanding and impressed by their quick responses.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

Yasmin ** was very helpful in arranging a change in my Holiday Inn Express reservation, after I made an online error. She let me know that she would handle the situation and would confirm the change within the same day. This is precisely what happened. It was very much appreciated.

HotelPlanner.com response

Dear Paul, Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation! Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I was confirmed for a holiday weekend at the Westgate River Ranch for this weekend. Unfortunately, I had a medical issue come up requiring surgery scheduled for Monday, October 16, 2017. Because of this I requested to cancel my trip and reservation for the Westgate River Ranch this weekend, October 13 through 15, 2017. I first called the number for HotelPlanner.com. I was courteously greeted and was told that she would escalate my request and that I would hear back soon. Reginette ** called me back and helped me through the rest of the process of getting approval from the Hotel manager and completing cancellation of my reservation with a full refund approved. Due to the circumstances, I am very thankful that everyone I talked with was so helpful and supportive. Thank you.

HotelPlanner.com response

Dear Thomas,Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation! Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I had reserved and paid for 4 nights in a hotel for my mother. She ended up leaving a night early and when I reached out to Hotel Planner they promptly confirmed the early check out and refunded one night to my card. No hassle.

HotelPlanner.com response

Dear Kimberly,Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation! Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Even though my reservation did not go through, I was treated with prompt and courteous service. Highly recommend! Ms ** followed up with me to assure me that my card was not billed and that the cancellation that I had to submit was confirmed.

HotelPlanner.com response

Dear Elizabeth,Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation! Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I had an issue where my reservation date defaulted back to the incorrect date that I was trying to book a hotel for. This resulted in my having booked two different hotels for the same night by mistake. I called Customer Service, and they told me that I would receive a phone call from a Manager the following business day. I was contacted the next morning, and they were able to make the requested reservation modification. Yasmin is AWESOME!! I would definitely book with them again, knowing how helpful they were with fixing my issue.

HotelPlanner.com response

Dear Brandi,Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation! Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I made a hotel reservation by mistake in a town that was not close to where I wanted to stay for Grandma's marathon. I reached out to Reginette and was able to cancel the room and get a full refund. I really appreciated everything that was done for me.

HotelPlanner.com response

Dear Vicki, Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation! Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I had a problem with a reservation I made, and I couldn't change on-line. It was very pleased to have the issue resolved over email within 24 hours. All I had to was send in an email to the email address provided, and I received a response back from Reginette **. Thank you again for the help.

HotelPlanner.com response

Dear Nick,Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation! Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017
My contact, Reginette ** helped me a lot with all the request I asked her. Especially when it came to cancel an hotel room at Hotel Rafayel Left Bank in London.

She was a really big help for me. Thanks a lot!

HotelPlanner.com response

Dear Martine,Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation! Have a great day!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I booked hotel rooms on HotelPlanner.com yesterday but my name was shortcut for an unknown reason. I communicated with HotelPlanner.com and request correction. Today I receive a reply from Reginette ** with the correct name. Very fast reply and problem resolved now. Can't be better! Thanks.

HotelPlanner.com response

Dear Hung,Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation! Have a great day!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

We used Hotel Planner to book a room for two nights to visit a very sick friend who is dying from brain cancer… The town was 5 hours away from our home. Our friend took a turn for the worse and was transported via medi-flight to UCSF so we no longer needed the booked room. Hotel Planner worked with Best Western and got our 2 night room cancelled and our money refunded. Reginette was the kind person who sent us the email. BLESSINGS to her and her staff. :-)

HotelPlanner.com response

Dear Arlan,Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation! Have a great day!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Purchasing my reservation with HotelPlanner.com was simple, hassle free and quick. When I arrived at the hotel it was unsatisfactory though. The hotel canceled my reservation and wanted to give me a smaller room. But - Luckily for me, the customer service at HotelPlanner.com is excellent and they worked very hard to give me my refund which I am very grateful for. A special thank you to Mrs. ** for her help and the representatives that directed me towards her. I would happily use this service again, and would be 100% comfortable recommending it to a friend.

HotelPlanner.com response

Dear John,Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation! Have a great day!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I booked a room via HotelPlanner.com and didn't realize that I was not allowed to change or cancel it once it was finalized. I ended up only needing 2 nights instead of 4 and Reginette ** was able to help me modify this reservation. She provided a remarkable customer experience and I was very appreciative of her services.

HotelPlanner.com response

Dear Jeff,Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation! Have a great day!

HotelPlanner.com Company Information