Call now
  • 1 star
Based on 123 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call now

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

HotelPlanner.com is the world's largest provider of online group hotel bookings and event management services. Listed among the top 50 travel sites in the world and ranked number one in group travel, HotelPlanner.com now receives over 5 million unique visitors each month.

Our company offers the best deals in the group, individual and corporate travel and has partnerships with some of the most renowned franchises in sports including the Los Angeles Clippers, San Diego Chargers, Washington Redskins, St Louis Rams and the Florida Panthers.

If you need to book a hotel, book like the pros! Book with HotelPlanner.com.

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 21, 2018

452 HotelPlanner.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

I booked a room in January thru 3rd party booking. I was quoted a low rate and then told there were no more rooms at that rate... I continued with transaction because I had plans and needed the room. After transaction was completed I hung up and called the hotel directly. They had rooms at the lower rate and was told to call and let (3rd party billing line) that rooms were available. I was getting a better deal with the hotel (directly) than I had gotten thru 3rd party booking, but unfortunately for me... I could not cancel because it was nonrefundable. With that being said I was NOT very happy and extremely upset. So I decided to escalate and happy that I did. With the help of "Riginette **" all was cancelled and money returned to my credit card.

Pleasing customers should be a number one priority... whether they are right or wrong... There is always a way to make things right. In my case this is exactly what took place. Thank you, it was greatly appreciated. It goes to show that some "companies" do care. And with that being said, lesson learned on my part... to pay attention when making a reservation. I cannot put all the blame on "them". Thank you.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Reginette ** was extremely helpful in getting my refund and canceling my room. I accidentally made reservation at the Alfond Inn in Winter Park Fl., for 1 person for 2 nights instead of 2 people for one night. Without her it would not have been possible. I will use Hotel Planner again.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

At first, we were a little unsure of staying in a Bed and Breakfast. It was our first time. It was an older neighborhood and we were not sure how this would work out. It was great! No problems with the area or the B&B. We drove up from Texas for a wedding and wanted something that was close to our venue as well as a treat for 'the father of the Bride'. This Bed and Breakfast is so close to the great history making sites and blues/jazz clubs... the list goes on and on! Luke, the manager, is so gracious and knows so much about the history and the sites in Kansas City! It has made us want to come back for another stay when we aren't 'so busy'.

We decided that we wanted to upgrade after making our reservation and to keep the frustration of doing the paperwork and so forth, They upgraded us for free! Very gracious and helpful. The Victorian room is the one for us! It had good views and LOTS of room. It was very well decorated with period art and wall sconces as well as antique furniture; with the right amount of modern conveniences... like the great glassed in shower. NICE! The two living areas downstairs are loaded with art and statues... Some of the art is Luke's original art. We could have spent hours looking at the Asian statues and jade pieces. All in all? WONDERFUL.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

The service I received regarding my query regarding the number of adults books in each room was very quick and to my satisfaction. The excellent customer service and emails with updated information is great.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

We used your service to book three hotel rooms at Best Western Plus in Piedmont, SC during Christmas. When I made the reservations online, my credit card was charged the same amount for each room. When I checked out of the hotel on 12/26/17, the receipt indicated per room charges that were $45.08 less than the charges made when the rooms were booked online. I emailed my concern to customer service and Reginette ** responded immediately. She stayed in contact with me while the discrepancy in charges was being researched.

I also reported an issue with room service not being provided while we were out of our rooms - Reginette also forwarded this information to the proper people and they looked into it for us, although their statement that we had Do Not Disturb signs on our doors all day was not true. We did receive apologies from the booking agency. Today I received notice that we will be refunded the difference in the room charges. I appreciate Reginette's attention to detail, understanding of my concerns and all that she did to help me with these issues, which have now been resolved.

Today it seems that less and less importance is placed on providing good quality customer service. I want you to know that Reginette handled our situation professionally, kept me in the loop as my concerns were researched, and made sure that they were addressed. She was prompt in responding to every email I sent. THAT is real customer service! Reginette ** is definitely an asset to your organization. Thanks for the exceptional service!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HotelPlanner.com?

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Went on the wedding website for my son's upcoming wedding. First shown was the direct link. Following that was a description of the hotel. At the end, it said view website. Presuming that this site represents Sheraton, I made a reservation, being assured I got the best rate. $193.66 for three seniors. In a couple days I checked with Sheraton direct. Their rate was $122.63. Called Hotel Planner to complain. Basically said they could only give me 10% off and got a lecture on being careful of what I clicked on! Next morning I called another number. Explained the issue. They said they gave me the best available rate and will credit me for the 10% after our stay. And when pressed left me no choice. They hit my account the day I booked so I have no recourse but to keep it. To me this is theft.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

HotelPlanner.com was linked through the Knot for my daughter's upcoming wedding for an inexpensive block of rooms. My other daughter attending used the link and was charged about $40 extra per night before the link was fixed. HotelPlanner.com says it is non-refundable because she agreed to the price and won't even allow a supervisor to be contacted. The guaranteed low price is not a low price and not guaranteed. My brother in law booked a room over the phone with the hotel and got it for the lower rate, no problem. Wish we never heard of HotelPlanner.com.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

My sister blocked out hotel rooms for her wedding guests and said they would be discounted. My husband and I followed the link from her wedding website to hotelplanner.com and booked rooms. Afterwards we discovered the link had been bad and we had been charged too much. The hotel told me to call HotelPlanner. I spoke with Armando and was told the rooms were non-refundable even after I explained the mistake. I also asked for a refund of the difference between what we were charged and what we were supposed to be charged with the discount and was told that could not be done either. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was not transferred. Armando just kept telling me my only options were to cancel the rooms then request a waiver of the non-refundable policy (which he said was very unlikely to happen) or a ten percent discount.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

This past week I accidentally booked the wrong hotel for a friends wedding. Fortunately, for myself, I was contacted by Reginette ** after attempting to cancel the reservation moments later. I explained to Reginette the unfortunate situation and she completely understood and took it upon herself to go above and beyond to get this unfortunate situation. Reginette was quick and responsive through the entire process and could not have asked for better communication. Reginette is an example of what it means to be an excellent customer service representative.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Immediately after I made the reservation through Hotel Planner my credit card was charged $345.60. When we checked into the hotel they had the reservation for us but asked for a credit card number for any incidental charges we might have during our stay. When we checked out I was given a receipt for $293.76. When we got home and checked our credit card account online both charges were on our statement. I called the hotel and they said they had no record of a payment from Hotel Planner, So I called Hotel Planner and they contacted the hotel and was told the same thing. They told the hotel to refund our money.

When I asked the representative why there was $52.84 difference in the charges I was told they just had to estimate the amount of taxes that had to be paid on the room. When I asked if they would be refunding the amount they overestimated the representative told me no. When I asked if that was their fee for making the reservation for me she said they don't charge a fee. She would not give me an answer as to who go the extra money. As of yet, neither debt has come off of our credit card account. Needless to say, I will not be using nor recommending anyone else use Hotel Planner.

Greetings,

We sincerely apologize to you for the hotel mistakenly charging you for your reservation that was already prepaid. We were able to get in touch with the hotel and verify the initial payment made for this reservation and as such the hotel has issued a refund for the charge allocated to you directly.

In addition from HotelPlanner we also issued a refund for the difference in rate due to the troublesomeness that we do understand this matter caused you.

Once again we do apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Stuck in freezing rain, road closures and accidents all around, we needed a hotel room as we couldn’t make it home. Each hotel I called was fully booked as it was New Year's Eve as well as a really bad storm. I was getting nowhere and feared we’d end up sleeping in our car. HotelPlanner came to the rescue and found us a place to stay. We’re very grateful.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Reginette assisted me in a money refund, due to some confusion from the hotel where I had to purchase 2 rooms. With it being around the holiday I was very pleased with the speed. She was also very kind and professional in all emails that I had received.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I needed to stay in Columbia for one night due to my boyfriend having a family emergency. The room at Extended Stay was exactly as described and for the very low price, it exceeded our expectations. Clean, convenient, spacious, pretty quiet.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

The online booking was OK though the website was a little confusing and process wasn't very illustrative. It was frustrating to get support on the reservations after booking. Confirmation number indicated by the system that hotel would know wasn’t recognized by the hotel. Phone numbers listed on the reservation didn't really help. I couldn't get support through many phone calls. Especially for the reservation numbers starting with “R”, I was detoured so many times to get to the phone number who has the knowledge of this type of reservations. However, they still couldn’t help as they do not have the privilege to update the records (i.e., guest name).

What really helped was the assigned agent(s). He followed up with my booking and helped me reached out, who then assisted me with my request. This made my experience totally different, and this is the main reason that I rate the overall experience as 4 star. Additionally, I got very good discount rates with the event page that the agent set up for me. I will definitely share my experience with friends.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Courteous service. Called to reduce one day. Told I've to cancel and rebook. Cancelled the next morning, and rebooked later. Watch out for cancellation deadline. The explanation was explained to me 3 times when I asked why I can't just reduce 1 day. I can see it's easier to manage. I still get the same rates. Got confirmation message that the initial payment is back to my credit card account. Too restrictive and time consuming just to do this. Could have booked another room with this length of time.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I booked a hotel room through a link for my son's wedding through this site, but as my son is getting married there, a special rate was given and the link was incorrect. I called within 24 hrs to cancel, even though when I booked it it said non-refundable, I received an email back on Monday as promised and was able to cancel with a full refund. I was extremely happy with the excellent customer service provided and will more than likely use this site for future hotel bookings.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

I admit I was helped early on and was happy with the service when I needed to change the length of stay for my hotel reservation and received a refund for the one-night I took off from my reservation. But then I saw that I was charged twice at the original reservation amount. I then was told there was a duplicate reservation, so one was cancelled and was refunded one of the original charges. Then came the day of my reservation, and NO ACTIVE RESERVATION could be found. I was told that their records showed my reservation was CANCELLED. I was left hunting for a vacant hotel room at 11 pm.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I sent email to cancel my reservation, I received an email back in 7 days. The refund in my credit card, it was not done, terrible service. Told to me call to Marriott. I called 6 times. The hotel doesn't found my reservation. I want my money back. Hotel Planner never more. Want the refund in my credit card.

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to your feedback for your reservation booked using our services. We are able to verify that the particular type of reservation you booked was a pay at hotel booking and the hotel was the billing party for your reservation.

Your reservation was booked and cancelled inside the cancellation policy and an HP agent was able to contact the hotel on your behalf that agreed to waive the cancellation policy for your reservation and agreed to issue you a refund. The refund was not processed on their end as our HP agent was able to follow up with the hotel on your behalf and received documentation and verification that they processed the refund on Dec 13th back to your account.

We do apologize to you for any inconvenience this caused you and we are glad that we were able to help resolve this matter with the hotel for you.

HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

I have already recommended this service to a friend. I made initial reservation for 2 nights; however, the wrestling team is returning to the school after the competition ends. Therefore, we only needed one night instead of two. Reginette was very helpful in changing my reservation to one night and promptly sending an updated email confirmation. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Hotel Planner - were very helpful finding me a low cost room near my requirements. I needed to make an update and they were very accommodating. Would recommend to all the courteous and helpful staff. It's nice to experience this type of service. Thanks for making my experience enjoyable.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Hampton Inn Stay in Philadelphia - My daughter and I had a fantastic stay at the Hampton Inn. We were treated very well. The staff was very helpful and accommodating. We did have a small issue with our room but were quickly moved to another room. I was told that my money would be refunded to me. I contacted HotelPlanner and after giving my information and details, we were indeed told that my money would be refunded. Reginette was very nice to work with. She was very polite and professional. Overall, it has been a great experience.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

We were booked for a Thanksgiving getaway and ended having to cancel our plans due to a death in the family. When I made the request for assistance initially, I did not get a response; ended up having to call the hotel directly to have them cancel the reservation. The hotel ensured that they'd return the money to HotelPlanner as long as they called. Because I wasn't able to get in touch with the appropriate contact at HotelPlanner until after the holiday, I was concerned that I'd lose my money, but service was prompt once the holiday passed and they (Reginette specifically) were able to accommodate. I am pleased and grateful.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I had very nice experience with the customer service. Reginette was extremely quick and helpful with my scheduling issue. My only complaint would be that I could not reach someone the night before via phone. But email worked just as well.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

Reginette responded quickly to my email and helped me secure the refund I needed. I had planned to go to MaGfest for the extended weekend, but will be unable to attend due to a scheduling conflict. Reginette was very professional and polite, and helped me make the best of the situation. Could not ask for better service.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

I made a mistake on an order I placed with HotelPlanner.com. After talking to two very polite representatives, I realized my mistake could not be fixed. I was very unhappy and when their customer care representative, Reginette **, asked me to comment on my experience, I told her so. I anticipated an apologetic confirmation that my mistake could not be rectified. Instead, Ms. ** quickly went to work and in one day figured out a way to solve my problem. I certainly wasn't expecting that level of response!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Reginette was very helpful in marking my reservation for a refund. We found out that the facility will not be ready in time for our reservation, and she quickly canceled it so that we can make other plans. Thank you!

HotelPlanner.com response

Dear Stephanie, Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation! Have a great day!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

November 14, 2017, I booked a hotel reservation through HotelPlanner with Hyatt Regency, Atlanta Northwest. On the said date, I booked a second reservation at a different hotel closer to my son's home address in Marietta, Georgia. Therefore, I needed to cancel the first reservation with the Hyatt. I encountered a minor problem with cancellation of reservation because a clause in the contract. On November 17, 2017, I spoke with Ms. Reginette ** in Customer service. She told me she was happy to assist me with the cancellation. Within five minutes, Ms ** telephone me back and said the reservation had been cancelled and I would be reimbursed. She was professional and customer's oriented. Thanks Ms. **! I am very pleased.

HotelPlanner.com response

Dear Jewel, Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation! Have a great day!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I needed help canceling a non-refundable reservation due to unforeseen and uncontrollable circumstance. I was referred to a reservation specialist who contacted me quickly and asked for further details on my situation. After explaining and upon their review, I was able to cancel and received a full refund. This was a situation of concern for my family and the quick response from the specialist was great and very much appreciated.

HotelPlanner.com response

Dear Kevin, Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation! Have a great day!

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Reginette not only cancelled my ENTIRE reservation but never bothered to assist me nor inform me on WHY this happened! I NEVER GAVE HER CONSENT TO CANCEL MY ENTIRE RESERVATION. She was very unresponsive as my vacation was approaching and I called about four times for only to be told to call my hotel directly instead of Expedia. The hotel was then redirecting me back to Expedia, where I kept getting hung up on. I sent her an email the night of my reservation telling her what was going on and was completely ignored. It is now Tuesday and she still hasn't bothered to respond. I arrived to my destination without ANY rooms available. The worst part was that I was forced to stay elsewhere in the middle of the night because the hotel was overbooked. I am so disappointed. This was booked in February for a wedding! I will never book through an agency again. What a terrible experience!!!

HI Marisol,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the opportunity to review your concerns and apologize for any inconvenience experienced. At HotelPlanner we take pride in ensuring our customer's satisfaction and will work with our management and departmental team to ensure a situation like this is not repeated.

I am able to verify that Ms. Reginette DID NOT cancel your reservation and that your issue was escalated to our lead specialist who was able to resolve this matter for you and additional compensation was provided to you due to the inconvenience that was caused. Again, you have our most sincere apologies for this experience.

HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Nov. 12, 2017

I didn't know when I called to reserve a room for a wedding I didn't know that it would be booking the room and the money comes out of the bank at the time it was book but told afterward that when call to book a room that is what happens. But I just wanted to reserve a room. That is when it was explained to me that the booking line is different from reserving a room. That was the first time anyone had explain that to me and I was grateful. They reversed the charges and it was back in my bank before the day was over. Thanks for the lesson!

HotelPlanner.com response

Dear Myra, Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation! Have a great day!

HotelPlanner.com Company Information

www.HotelPlanner.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use