West Palm Beach, FL

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Hi Angel,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review in regards to using our services. We are glad to know that our agents were able to assist you with the inquiry that you had with your reservation in a timely fashion! We look forward to you utilizing our services for your future travel plans.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

They were so very helpful, understanding, polite and a quick response to answer all of my questions and concerns. They went out of their way to make things easy for me. Very much appreciated. Top notch service! I would recommend them to all my friends and family. Thank you again!

HI Sarah,

Thanks for sharing this lovely review! It's our pleasure to accommodate you and we're happy to hear that our agent was able to clear up any misunderstandings that you had regarding your reservation. Your kind words let us know we're doing a good job!

- Hotel Planner Management Team

Original review: Oct. 21, 2016

I contacted the site because of a billing issue. The customer service representative was very helpful and cleared up the situation for me. Turns out there were no problems on their end and I had incorrectly read my credit card statement. They were prompt with their response.

Hi Starla,

Thank you for your feedback! We love knowing our staff provides such great service at every turn and will be passing your compliments along to our team right away!

- HotelPlanner, Management Team

Original review: March 18, 2016

I am writing to inform all that HotelPlanner.com is a fantastic and fine oiled machine! Fantastic customer service and always prompt on information. I am a Sales Director for a Pennsylvania property and love my time spent with HotelPlanner.com and their site. Shanna ** does a fantastic job for us as well as many others guiding the appropriate groups to our attention and truly caring about their stay and experience with our property. We have had a representative stay on site as well, which tells you that they know first hand where they are recommending for your travel stay. I wanted to say THANK YOU to all that do such a great job every day! Everyone is in good hands with HotelPlanner.com.

Hi Veronna,

Thank you for the 5 star review and the time taken to share your thoughts! We're truly pleased to know that our agent Reginette was able to assist you regarding your urgent predicament. We take great pride in knowing that our agents are doing an exceptional job in making sure to assist the needs and last minute emergency's of our clients! We look forward to your continued services in the near future!

-HotelPlanner

Original review: Nov. 19, 2015

We had a group of 8 international guests coming in early December whose trip was suddenly cancelled. We had already booked and paid for the rooms through HotelPlanner's group reservations. The rate we got made the reservations non refundable which was going to mean we had to swallow a lot of money on those unused rooms. I emailed hotelplanner about our predicament and Reginette came to the rescue. She took care of everything so quickly and was even able to help us cancel the prepaid reservation without penalty.

I've been using hotelplanner for about two years and I always rave about them to anyone I know who plans group travel. I will continue to recommend them to any and every person who will listen. It's really rare to find the kind of customer service I get from their representatives. I wish all of my travel contacts were as friendly and competent! Way to go HotelPlanner and especially Ms. Reginette **!

Hi Angel,

Thank you for your review! I am delighted to hear that our agents were able to assist you in clarifying any questions that you had regarding your reservation as that is what we are her for! We definitely look forward to booking more reservations for you in the future.

Regina

Original review: Oct. 12, 2015

I had lots of questions regarding a recent trip and got excellent answers from HotelPlanner.com. They steered me in the right direction and made a pleasant trip extraordinary.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HotelPlanner.com?

Just wanted to give HotelPlanner.com a big thank you for helping me out. There was some confusion with the hotel booking when we arrived and I wasn't impressed with the hotel, but hotelplanner.com totally made it right. I will be sure to use them again knowing they've got the customers back. Thanks!

I made a reservation online on Saturday, Jan. 7 for that night in Columbia, Missouri at the Best Western Country Inn. The information online stated that the hotel had an indoor pool. I was planning on having my two grandchildren stay with me that night so that they could enjoy the pool. When I arrived at the hotel I found out that they did not have a pool at that site, but that I would be allowed to go to another site to swim. I did not want to travel after dark with my 2 grandchildren, and canceled that reservation. Hotel Planner got back with me a couple of days later and were very cooperative about refunding me the payment I made. I was delighted with the prompt and quick response. Thank you Hotel Planner.

Consumer Increased Rating!
Resolution In Progress

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to us and we do sincerely apologize to you for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

We were able to follow up with the Regional Product Manager who was assisting you in regards to your concerns and they have advised us that they were already in communication with you and that this matter has now been resolved.

Once again we do thank you for your feedback as we take all feedbacks seriously, to ensure that necessary actions are taken moving forward to to minimize or prevent similar situations from occurring in the near future.

HotelPlanner, Management Team

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

My company recently purchased a hotel, which had previous dealings with HotelPlanner. The previous owners left some unpaid commissions, which would create an undesirable mix-up. That part, I get. Try getting a hold of the company? I finally got a hold of someone this morning, after four months of ownership, after multi-multiple attempts. I emailed her all of the details related to the sale, and how we are not responsible for the previous owner's debts. No response. Consumers: Book directly through the hotel! Let them know you are trying to save them commission fees. Get yourself a lower rate, and stiff these companies getting paid for our work.

HotelPlanner.com

Thank you for the outstanding review, Judy! We're delighted your experience with our agent was wonderful!

- HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

Reginette was wonderful. I had accidentally and incorrectly booked a hotel for an upcoming cheer competition. This booking through a website is all new to me. I had stressed all day trying to cancel this reservation once I realized I had completely booked it improperly. The hotel said I had to contact Expedia. Expedia told me I had to contact someone else. I made several phone calls and sent out emails trying to get this resolved. I was so relieved when Reginette contacted me to let me know it was cancelled. I really appreciated her timely response to my email, and she was very polite. I will definitely use this site in the future for vacation planning when I get to choose which hotel we stay at. Thank you.

HotelPlanner.com

Thank you for the outstanding review, Judith! We're delighted your experience with us was wonderful!

- HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I had questions about arrival time and getting checked in and Reginette ** with Hotel Planner was extremely helpful and courteous with all of my questions and concerns. Thank you Reginette!! : ) This was my first time using Hotel Planner. The experience was awesome and I will use it again and recommend to my friends and family.

Hi Gregory,

Thank you for the outstanding review! We're delighted your experience with us was wonderful!

- HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

HotelPlanner is Great. They are there to help when HELP is needed. I have a situation, and their Customer Service people was right there to help me out. I would recommend them to anyone that's in need of a hotel. This company will set you right up, NO questions asked. Great people to work with... Hotel Planner #1 for all your hotel needs.

Hi Mike,

- HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Dec. 19, 2016

I had planned to attend a week long business conference in Vegas when an unplanned illness prevented me from going. A colleague was able to cancel my hotel reservations during check-in to the hotel. I was charged a 1 night cancellation fee due to the last minute change of plans by the hotel. I contacted Hotel Planners and they worked with the hotel to give me a full refund, no cancellation fee. All I had to do was submit a doctor's note. Very easy, no hassle, and very much appreciated. Excellent customer service!!! God bless.

Hi Laureen,

- HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Dec. 17, 2016

I had discovered 2 charges for the same hotel for the same room and night. I contacted HotelPlanner.com and explained my confusion and concern. Reginette ** immediately took on my issue, researched it, contacted the hotel, got them to understand their mistake and credited my credit card. Then Reginette immediately got back to me with this resolution. They were extremely helpful and very easy to work with. Thank you!

Hi Linda,

Thank you for the outstanding review! We're delighted our agent was able to further assist you with your reservation.

- HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I felt I had been billed incorrectly & called customer service. The matter was investigated and I received reimbursement. I was very impressed with the very professional manner in which Reginette handled the situation. Hotel Planner is very fortunate to have her on their team.

Hi Angelica,

Thank you for the outstanding review! We're delighted your experience with us was so wonderful!

- HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

We made reservation through hotelplanner to attend the Hoophall Tournament in Arizona our younger son would be playing in. The day before our trip our daughter unexpectedly became very ill & was hospitalized in the ICU. Truly nothing was important in that very moment, but I eventually got around to calling hotelplanner to cancel our reservation & left a message as it was very early. Not too soon after I received a call back from Reginette **. She patiently listened to our circumstances, and first extended get well wishes for our daughter. She notified me that she could not really do anything about cancelling the room on her end, but that she would refund our money for the reservation.

We truly weren't expecting such a kind courtesy. We simply wanted to give the hotel the opportunity to rebook if possible. Reginette was both supportive and professional in helping us with our hotel situation during a very difficult time. We are truly grateful to Reginette for her professional kindness and understanding and to hotelplanner for showing us that people's lives and feelings supersede any transaction. Thank you Reginette ** and HotelPlanner.

Hi Judi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review in regards to using our services. We are glad to know that our agents were able to assist you with the inquiry that you had with your reservation.

HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I needed to change the dates of a reservation I had made. I had an extremely difficult time trying to do so and was bounced back and forth between the hotel and HotelPlanner. I was given conflicting instructions and was very frustrated. Eventually, though, HotelPlanner came through and rectified the situation and I was very happy that they stepped up and helped me.

Hi Raymond,

Thank you for the perfect rating! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience utilizing our services and we are glad that we were able to rectify this matter for you. We look forward to your continued support in utilizing our services for your future travel plans.

HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

Thanks for your follow up. I would recommend hotel planner if you want to book a room. The f/u was quick and kind. Thanks. Originally had hotel planner do my planning for a motel in pigeon forge, in which we had a confirmation number only to find out when we got to the motel late in the evening, they showed nowhere for our reservation. So we had to drive back home which was 6 hour drive. Hotel Planner made it right for us.

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the outstanding review! We're delighted to know that our staff was able to assist you with the issue that you had with your booking as we strive to provide the best customer service to our clients as possible. We look forward to you utilizing our services for your future travel plans.

HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

Reginette ** was extremely helpful and accommodating while booking and when we had to cancel our reservation. Unfortunately, we needed to cancel travel plans for Thanksgiving since my wife and I are sick and we can not bring the illness to a family member who is in cancer treatment. I really appreciate the help and quick response I received and will use Hotel Planner again when we re-book the visit. Thank you.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the wonderful review! It is great to hear that our staff was friendly and accommodating to your need! They are always working very hard to provide great customer service to all of our clients! We look forward to you utilizing our services for your future travel plans.

HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Nov. 18, 2016

In September 2016 our family ventured to Quebec City, a preplanned vacation from Caledonia, Ontario. Upon arrival in Quebec City we found our hotel lost our reservation. My option 900 dollars at a Landmark Hotel or our van as sleeping area. My wife called HotePlanner. They calmed us and found us a great room at Port Royal in Quebec City for 229 an evening. It was perfect. Great locale, great staff and beautiful hotel. We are going back there next year. But thank you so much for saving our family vacation. Great job!!! 10 stars.

Resolved outside ConsumerAffairs

Hello Trudinique,

Thank you for your patience while we reviewed your complaint. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced at this property. We were able to contact the hotel who agreed to issue a full refund for your reservation. A full refund was processed (Dec 6) back to your account and should return to the form of payment used at the time of booking within 3-7 business days or on your next billing cycle. To help prevent this issue in the future, we have discussed your concerns with the property management team at the hotel. We do value your business and hope to have a future opportunity to serve you with your travel planning needs. Once again we do apologize to you for the inconvenience caused.

HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

I am utterly disappointed with the service I received from Hotel Planner on 11/11/2016. I have never used their services before and I will never use it again because they will blatantly lie to you to get your money. I contacted one of their sales agent on 11/11/16 to make a reservation after I was unable to book online a hotel I found on their site that had a good review and a good rate for the night (Courtyard Marriott). The agent I spoke with informed me that the hotel I was considering is actually closed down, but he would be happy to look for other options close to the area of where I was looking at.

After a few minutes on hold, he told me only one hotel was showing any availability for the night which was City Line hotel. The rate he told me was much higher than the rates I saw online but he told me it was because I was making a last minute reservation so the prices were higher. I had been traveling all day and was in a new area that I am not familiar with, so being exhausted, I decided to proceed with the reservation despite the higher cost so I could have somewhere to rest my head for the night.

When we almost completed the reservation, I asked him what was the rating on the hotel rated. He said it was a 2 star but "not to worry, it is a very nice hotel, you won't be disappointed." He could hear the disappointment in my voice when he told me it was a 2 star hotel because I was very apprehensive knowing that 2 star hotels don't get that rating from being a "very nice hotel." But he once again reassured me that the hotel was nice and he also countered with the fact that 3 star hotels in the area was ranging upwards of $300 per night and I was getting a deal at $114. I finalized the reservation and he informed me that there is a no refund policy in place for cancellation of this reservation.

Let's just say, I regretted every single second of booking that reservation. I don't even know where to begin with how horrendous the hotel was (this place doesn't even earn the right to call itself a hotel, it's a dump heap). Where do I begin with what was wrong?! It took over 20 minutes to find the place after my GPS said I had arrived. That's because the name on the hotel did not match the name the agent told me or what the reservation said. The reservation and the agent stated that the name of the hotel was City line Hotel but the name of the hotel is North American Motor Inns.

I drove pass the place several times and did not know that was it. I had to go back to the reservation and look at the tiny picture in the reservation to see the look of the building and that's how figured out that this dark and dingy place is where I would have to spend the night. I had to park my car across the street at a shopping center, because the small, claustrophobic, hard to navigate and extremely dark (no light at all) park lot was too scary for me to park in as a woman walking back to the hotel by myself. It only got worse from there.

Let's see: the hotel reeked of marijuana smell especially on the floor they put me on, the elevator was broken because someone got stuck in it while I was heading up to my room and it was out for the rest of the time I stayed there, so I had to take four flights of stairs with my bags. The room felt like an ice box and never got warm for the night no matter how much I tried to get the heat to work, the sheets and towels all had brown stains in them, there was ABSOLUTELY no hot water in the shower when I took a shower in the morning so I had to bath in completely cold water. Since then I have caught a cold because of the extreme temperatures my body endured that night and morning. The room was also supposed to be smoke free but the cigarette smell in the room and on the floor was unbearable. I had a migraine all night because the smell flared up my sinuses.

There were no phones in the room so in case of an emergency you could not call down to the front desk. On top of that, on my way up and down the steps that night (went out to get something to eat) due to the elevators being out, I passed several shady characters in the stairway engaging in a variety of different activities that made me feel unsafe. The stairways was filled with trash and the smell of urine permeated each floor. I did not sleep that entire night because not only was I scared, but I was so uncomfortable in that room. I sat up in a corner of the bed and covered with my jacket since the sheets were so gross and I did not want them touching me. I would have probably been more comfortable sleeping in my car in the cold than what I paid $114 for.

I usually stay at Holiday Inns when I travel out of town, and I pay no more than $90 per night for a room but have always gotten five star treatment there. Unfortunately, there were none in the area according to my search which is how I ended up on Hotel Planner. I wanted to write this review the moment I was sitting in that hotel room because I wanted to warn others to not fall into the trap that I did by getting misinformation about the quality of this hotel from a Hotel Planner agent, but my hands were too frozen to type on my phone. Sorry for the lengthy review but I hope this honest review helps someone else by preventing them from wasting their money on this place. They should definitely close this hotel down because it is poorly managed and is in very deplorable conditions.

Hi Cecilia,

Thanks for the wonderful review! We are pleased to know that Reginette was so helpful and pleasant in assisting you with the matter concerning your reservation - we will be sure to pass along your compliments!

HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

We had requested a waiver of the cancellation penalty at the Riad Shama for our department head indicating a valid reason. We contacted Reginette ** and she was very helpful in assisting us secure the waiver. While we had requested assistance from our local counterpart in Marrakech to contact the hotel to request the waiver which was approved by the owner, Reginette was diligent in updating us with information from their own department who was handling the email communication with the property. She was always positive in her responses and showed an eagerness to help, a sure mark for good customer service.

Hi David,

Thank you for the five star review! We are pleased to know that Reginette was so helpful and pleasant in assisting you with the matter concerning your reservation - we will be sure to pass along your compliments!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

Novotel Panama - Reginette ** was able to resolve an issue I had with this Hotel. Even though I booked a reservation for 3 people, when we arrived at the Hotel we were forced to pay addition fees as there were 3 of us and the Hotel informed me that although we had booked a double room, there was only 1 guest indicated in their records. Reginette helped us find a resolution and is highly appreciated.

Hi Cory,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, as we truly appreciate your kind words! Our top priority is providing excellent customer service to our clients and we are delighted to know that our colleague was able to assist you with the issue that you had with your reservation. We look forward to you utilizing our services for your future travel plans.

HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Nov. 8, 2016

I recently booked a stay at a local motel and upon arriving, was both mistreated and our room wasn't ready. I immediately contacted hotel planner and one of their representatives helped me out by the name of Reginette. They contacted their billing department and immediately had a refund on its way. They took the time to review this and come to the conclusion that this was wrong. I really respect them for the professionalism and swift responses. Though my experience with the motel was bad, I will definitely continue to use hotel planner because of their care to the customer. Thank you.

HotelPlanner.com

Dear Henry, I appreciate your positive feedback about our services, as we do take pride in catering to our guests’ needs the best way we can. We look forward to your continued support in utilizing our services for your future travel plans!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I had an issue with the Red Roof Inn I stayed at - due to some communication and logistical issues, I was charged twice for a room I had already booked with HotelPlanner.com. I ended up contacting them a few days later and they were on it RIGHT AWAY. Within a day I got a response and a refund. This is unheard of service from a website company. I would recommend HotelPlanner.com any time! And, I'll be using it again when I travel again.

HotelPlanner.com

Dear Emma, Thank you for your review! I am happy that our colleague was able to assist you with your request in a prompt manner! We look forward to you utilizing our services for your future travel plans!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

I had a 2 night reservation at the Red Roof Inn in downtown Chicago, Illinois. I only needed 1 night and asked to be refunded for the 2nd night. I have been granted that request and thank you very much.

Factual basis uncertain

Dear Harry,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your unfortunate experience as we sincerely apologize to you for the inconvenience that this caused you.

We were able to verify with our reservations department that the hotel mistakenly billed you for your reservation directly at the property and has since then immediately issued a refund in full back to your card that was provided on file at the hotel; and HotelPlanner was also able to issue a second refund to you as well in a personal email that was sent to your email.

Thank you for calling this to our attention as you are a valued customer, and we sincerely apologize to you for the inconvenience caused as we do hope that you will give our services another chance in the near future!

- HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

When it came time to check in their service wasn't available... took 45 mins to find this out! So then that left me to pay for my room on site and now cannot seem to get my refund. Will never use this service again... bunch of crooks.

HotelPlanner.com

Dear Cedric, Thank you for giving us a perfect rating! I am so glad to hear that our agent was able to provide exceptional service to you in handling your reservation - we take the service that we provide to our clients very seriously! Thank you!

- HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Nov. 2, 2016

Card charged twice. Simply amazing... Regine showed me favor and IMMEDIATELY forwarded my concern to the proper department & they fixed my issue in a timely professional manner. Very very professional A+. Then last week everything had went wrong for me until Regine and her colleagues came along.

HotelPlanner.com

Dear Trista, Thank you for your positive comments. I am very pleased to hear that our staff was able to assist you in a timely manner with the issue that you had with your reservation. I will be sure to pass on the sentiments to our staff that assisted you as we value the feedback of our customers! Thank you!

- HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Nov. 1, 2016

I had the pleasure of being assisted by Reginette ** from Hotel Planner who was very courteous, thorough and efficient in her dealing with my delicate situation. I had been previously placed on the phone with a gentleman who then claimed he could not hear me after I had been waiting for over 20 minutes. When I emailed your company, Reginette ** stepped up and was very efficient in changing my date which I reserved by mistake and was able to get my son in his room for this evening as intended. I am truly grateful for her wonderful customer service and expeditious manner in which she handled everything especially due to the fact that I was at work and my son would have been stranded in another city. Much appreciation.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

HotelPlanner.com

Dear Gay, Thank you for sharing this stellar review! We're delighted to hear that our colleague was able to go above and beyond the call of duty to assist you with the issue that you had regarding your reservation! Here at HotelPlanner all our staff aim’s to please our customers and your praise lets us know we're doing our job, thank you!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

I used HotelPlanner to book a room for a work-related stay. Immediately after booking, I realized I made a mistake on the city! I quickly called back and was able to cancel my reservation getting a refund---minus the $25 cancellation fee. I emailed Reginette ** with my concerns. She responded to my email in a very timely manner and was able to refund the $25 cancellation fee as well. Yay! Thank you! I would not hesitate to use HotelPlanner in the future.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

HotelPlanner.com

Dear Kenneth, Thanks for the great review and rating! We're happy to know that it was an easy process to use and navigate our website as we strive to provide quality service and convenience for our guests! We look forward to you utilizing our services in the near future!

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

This was the first time I had used Hotelplanner.com to make a reservation but not the first time I booked travel through a website and have to say the site is easy to use and the service we received has been great – would definitely recommend this site to book and know we will in the future!!

HotelPlanner.com Company Profile