West Palm Beach, FL

4.2/5 (297 ratings)

About HotelPlanner.com

HotelPlanner is a hospitality website that specializes in group hotel reservations. It helps you find lower prices for hotel bookings by instantly comparing bids from its various partners. It has a network of hotels all over the world and guarantees the lowest real-time rates.

Pros

• Compares multiple bids
  • Low negotiated rates
  • Can save time

Cons

• Limited customer service
  • Confusing system

Bottom Line

HotelPlanner is a hospitality reservation service that specializes in group hotel bookings. It offers access to low negotiated rates and gives you the opportunity to compare hotel prices before making a reservation.

Top HotelPlanner.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We booked a hotel room under a wedding party with a no cancellation rule applied to the group rate, however unexpectedly our family tested positive with COVID that week. The staff...

Verified

I have never had such a wonderful customer service experience before! The team was extremely helpful in navigating me through a difficult decision to cancel my preplanned trip aft...

What is HotelPlanner?

HotelPlanner is a website where hotel and travel vendors can post nightly rates for their rooms and services. It guarantees the lowest prices if you book ten rooms or more at once; when there’s a discrepancy between group rates negotiated by HotelPlanner and a hotel’s posted promotional rates, the hotel is contractually obligated to adjust its rate for HotelPlanner users. Once you book a room, HotelPlanner isn’t involved in further transactions.

How does HotelPlanner work?

To book a stay on the HotelPlanner site, you’ll input your specifications, such as:

• Destination
  • Dates
  • Group type
  • Estimated number of rooms
  • Budget range per night
  • Ideal star rating

Based on your selections, HotelPlanner contacts hotels for you and sends quotes within 48 hours. It also offers a list of hotels it didn’t contact in case you’d like to pursue other suitable options. Then you can contact hotels, decline bids or book instantly through HotelPlanner’s portal. The site also lets group members pay separately for their rooms. If you book and pay through HotelPlanner, your hotel won’t ask for payment at checkout (except for incidentals).

HotelPlanner fees

HotelPlanner doesn’t charge travelers any fees for its services; it makes money by taking a referral fee from hotels and service vendors. To make sure you pay no more than necessary when booking for a group, HotelPlanner advises searching for one room at a time, as hotels often allocate a limited number of rooms at a transient rate. Once you find a good rate, increase the number of rooms and see if the same rate is still available.

HotelPlanner FAQ

Can I make changes to my HotelPlanner reservation?
It depends on what you want to change and when, but any changes must be made through a HotelPlanner representative rather than the hotel or service provider. Read your confirmation email for more information.
Where is HotelPlanner available?
HotelPlanner is available for booking all major hotels in the U.S. and in many destination cities abroad. It has a network of more than 55,000 hotels domestically and almost as many internationally.
Is HotelPlanner safe?
HotelPlanner uses a secure commerce server that encrypts credit card numbers and doesn’t release your personal information to hotels.
Can you make group reservations with HotelPlanner?
Yes. HotelPlanner specializes in group reservations and lets you book in blocks — most hotels won’t offer a HotelPlanner quote for fewer than nine rooms.

Is HotelPlanner legit?

HotelPlanner is a legitimate resource for professional event planners or large event coordinators. That said, make sure you’re familiar with the company’s cancellation policy and refund conditions and procedures. If you’re coordinating hotel arrangements for others, we advise that you thoroughly review your reservation form, retain all receipts and let your group know what to expect.

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about HotelPlanner.com?

Original review: July 29, 2022

I appreciate the help received from Reginette ** in securing a refund for two days’ stay in a hotel fee. I had booked a seven day stay at Holiday Inn Express in Dripping Springs, TX. Due to the unexpected death of a brother in a different state, I need to shorten my stay in TX. I informed the required parties of need for an early checkout. I was billed and had to pay for the entire stay. I ran into roadblock after roadblock in getting a refund for over six weeks. Received constant denial and requests for confirmation of promised refund. Enter Reginette; and after three days of providing names and other information, denial was rescinded. Confidence in online communication has been restored.

HotelPlanner.com response

Anna, Thank You! For sharing your experience and wonderful feedback for Reginette and how she was able to provide you with the service you deserved. We are happy to hear she was able to solve the issue and give you the correct outcome you needed. We are always here to help.

Best regards,

HotelPlanner

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2022

I booked a room Wednesday 3/9/22. I am traveling to Rhode Island this weekend for a basketball tournament. The room I originally tried to book kept going up on prices while I was on the phone with the agent so she ended up finding me another hotel four mins away from the original hotel and a cheaper rate. Turned out the Team was staying at a whole different hotel with a group rate. I was eligible for a refund that I had booked but when I requested I was given two options (full refund or refund with a voucher).

I picked the 2nd option and found out the full refund was the actual voucher for free hotel. I misunderstood the options and emailed the company back. The 1st response was "please explain reason" then response was they sent me the voucher. I wanted the money back not a voucher which I tried to explain. The 2nd message stated they were working on it and would get back to me. 8 days later no response and there was a charge on my card for the amount of hotel. I called the number on the bottom of the conf # and Reginnett responded asap. She was very nice and fixed the problem with no issues.

Hello,

We Thank You for your high rating review and positive feedback. We are happy to hear that our team member Reginette was able to assist you with this issue. Though we do apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced.

Please don't hesitate to reach our to us in the future, it is our pleasure to help!

Regards,

HotelPlanner

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

Upon Arrival had no room. Manager cancelled and gave us a letter to that effect. I called customer service the next morning, a very rude lady said she would expedite our refund since we were out of town for my grandmother's funeral and out the cost of 2 hotels. No refund. We called Customer service when we arrived home. They said to wait 12 weeks. We disputed through our card company, they did not refund. I finally emailed Tim **, a rep that has worked with our baseball team in years past, he put me in touch with Reginette **. She worked very hard over several week until we received our refund just before Christmas. Tim and Reginette are the best example of who you want working for you. I thank them ever so much, God Bless.

Greetings Debra,

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad to hear that our team was able to assist you with your booking, we are always happy to help!

HotelPlanner

Original review: Dec. 4, 2021

I booked a room for my son who was traveling first time ever alone, to his first air force assignment in utah. Although he had a confirmation number, they refused it, saying we should have booked directly through them. They had no rooms available. He was upset, alone, and it seemed management could care less. They did pull an out of service room, not a suite, with a broken window, leaky faucet, and other issues, and I appreciate that very much. However, they booked us twice for a suite, so I got the number to Reginette of hotelplanner.com. She calmed me down by first apologizing for the service, then assuring me our problem would be addressed immediately. Within a few days she took care of everything, and I cannot thank Hotel Planner enough for the quality, experience, and obvious training she had. Amazing. My son's name is Jesse **, our booking was under my wife's name, Christine **, same address as above. Please call ** if you need any info.

Greetings,

We Thank You for your 5 star review and positive feedback, we know your time is valuable. It is wonderful to hear that our team member Reginette was able to help you so proficiently.

Thank your son for his service!

Regards,

HotelPlanner

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

We reached out via The Knot for a group reservation hotel inquiry with the Newport News Marriott at City Center. Shortly after, I received an email from the account manager, Bryan **. He informed me that he reached out to the Marriott hotel manager and provided me with the hotel rate. He stated that he was in the process of trying to get us a better rate and would be in touch. He followed through with this request and provided us with a lower rate for our wedding guests. He helped set up the room block with the Marriott so that we could start sending out the information to our guests. It was very generous of him to try and get a lower rate than the initial rate, because it ended up working and we felt relieved to be able to offer our guests such a reasonable rate among other expenses that they would be paying for, especially since many of them were traveling/flying to be here for our big day.

Bryan later reached out to me about two weeks before our wedding. He stated that he wanted to try and help with requesting free room amenity upgrades for our group. He requested that I send him our current rooming list with any VIPs marked and he would pass on the upgrade request to the hotel for us. He informed me that although it is not guaranteed, it doesn't hurt to ask. I sent him a copy of our rooming list and mentioned that if anyone is able to be upgraded, we would hope that it could at least be our room. Aside from being the bride and groom, we would have the bridal party getting ready in our connecting rooms so it would offer more space when getting ready to be upgraded.

A few days before the wedding, we did ask our group rooms coordinator about any possible upgrades. To our surprise, she upgraded us to the Presidential Suite! Although I am not sure exactly who to thank for this upgrade, I do know that Bryan had reached out to the manager prior to our arrival and sent over the VIP guest list as promised, and therefore can't help but think that some of our gratitude should be gifted towards him. After our wedding, Bryan sent me a follow-up email informing me that if I sent him the group stay report, that we could receive a free hotel room voucher as a way of the company thanking us for using their service and being a value customer.

I had not checked my email until at least a day or two after the wedding and therefore I did not obtain a group stay report. Bryan went ahead and called the hotel to receive it and he uploaded it for me. He said not to worry about a thing because he had taken care of it and uploaded the document and that I should be on the lookout for our voucher. I really appreciated his help throughout this process. He was so generous and responsive and just assisted in making this process easy and enjoyable!! Thank you to this company for their great customer service!! :)

Hello,

Thank you! We love being able to provide the service that our customers seek. We are glad to hear that Bryan was able to assist you with your booking. We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience and look forward to helping you book your next stay!

Sincerely,

Briana Smith | Brand Ambassador

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

I had been calling hotels a day yesterday to get further inland from hurricane Ian and finally found one 3 hrs away. Today I thought I'd try one more time to find a hotel closer, which I did at the Crown Plaza at Bell Tower. I spoke with Ashley and she was so helpful, very supportive and kind to get me a room with my small dog which normally isn't allowed. She was an amazing receptionist!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2022

Quick, efficient, very helpful, fantastic outcome! I would’ve been sleeping in the car if it weren’t for the agent's help finding me a room. I tried myself on the Hilton app and the IHG app and the KAYAK app. The drive to another city would’ve been many hours so I’m very happy.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Valarie was so patient with me throughout my reservation process. I asked her several questions and she answered them all. She is an asset to your company. You need to reward her. Got her professional work ethics and pleasant attitude.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I tried to contact people from the second I arrived at the accommodations. Your agent who booked me and 11 of my friends blocked our number so we couldn't even ask if there was a mistake. Of course, it was nonrefundable reservation. We were led to believe we were staying in a Super 8 down the street instead were in a Super 8 near NOTHING in Lake George. It was an awful hotel, but the worst thing was the lack of customer service.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Superb service. Polite and helpful in all respects. The only thing I would recommend is that you query individuals about their military service. The hotel I booked at does offer a discount which I found out about at checkin. Just a thought.

HotelPlanner.com Company Information