West Palm Beach, FL

3.7/5 (380 ratings)

About HotelPlanner.com

HotelPlanner is a hospitality website that specializes in group hotel reservations. It helps you find lower prices for hotel bookings by instantly comparing bids from its various partners. It has a network of hotels all over the world and guarantees the lowest real-time rates.

Pros

• Compares multiple bids
  • Low negotiated rates
  • Can save time

Cons

• Limited customer service
  • Confusing system

Bottom Line

HotelPlanner is a hospitality reservation service that specializes in group hotel bookings. It offers access to low negotiated rates and gives you the opportunity to compare hotel prices before making a reservation.

Top HotelPlanner.com Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

We booked a hotel room under a wedding party with a no cancellation rule applied to the group rate, however unexpectedly our family tested positive with COVID that week. The staff...

Verified

I have never had such a wonderful customer service experience before! The team was extremely helpful in navigating me through a difficult decision to cancel my preplanned trip aft...

What is HotelPlanner?

HotelPlanner is a website where hotel and travel vendors can post nightly rates for their rooms and services. It guarantees the lowest prices if you book ten rooms or more at once; when there’s a discrepancy between group rates negotiated by HotelPlanner and a hotel’s posted promotional rates, the hotel is contractually obligated to adjust its rate for HotelPlanner users. Once you book a room, HotelPlanner isn’t involved in further transactions.

How does HotelPlanner work?

To book a stay on the HotelPlanner site, you’ll input your specifications, such as:

• Destination
  • Dates
  • Group type
  • Estimated number of rooms
  • Budget range per night
  • Ideal star rating

Based on your selections, HotelPlanner contacts hotels for you and sends quotes within 48 hours. It also offers a list of hotels it didn’t contact in case you’d like to pursue other suitable options. Then you can contact hotels, decline bids or book instantly through HotelPlanner’s portal. The site also lets group members pay separately for their rooms. If you book and pay through HotelPlanner, your hotel won’t ask for payment at checkout (except for incidentals).

HotelPlanner fees

HotelPlanner doesn’t charge travelers any fees for its services; it makes money by taking a referral fee from hotels and service vendors. To make sure you pay no more than necessary when booking for a group, HotelPlanner advises searching for one room at a time, as hotels often allocate a limited number of rooms at a transient rate. Once you find a good rate, increase the number of rooms and see if the same rate is still available.

HotelPlanner FAQ

Can I make changes to my HotelPlanner reservation?
It depends on what you want to change and when, but any changes must be made through a HotelPlanner representative rather than the hotel or service provider. Read your confirmation email for more information.
Where is HotelPlanner available?
HotelPlanner is available for booking all major hotels in the U.S. and in many destination cities abroad. It has a network of more than 55,000 hotels domestically and almost as many internationally.
Is HotelPlanner safe?
HotelPlanner uses a secure commerce server that encrypts credit card numbers and doesn’t release your personal information to hotels.
Can you make group reservations with HotelPlanner?
Yes. HotelPlanner specializes in group reservations and lets you book in blocks — most hotels won’t offer a HotelPlanner quote for fewer than nine rooms.

Is HotelPlanner legit?

HotelPlanner is a legitimate resource for professional event planners or large event coordinators. That said, make sure you’re familiar with the company’s cancellation policy and refund conditions and procedures. If you’re coordinating hotel arrangements for others, we advise that you thoroughly review your reservation form, retain all receipts and let your group know what to expect.

HotelPlanner.com Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about HotelPlanner.com?

Original review: March 18, 2022

I booked a room Wednesday 3/9/22. I am traveling to Rhode Island this weekend for a basketball tournament. The room I originally tried to book kept going up on prices while I was on the phone with the agent so she ended up finding me another hotel four mins away from the original hotel and a cheaper rate. Turned out the Team was staying at a whole different hotel with a group rate. I was eligible for a refund that I had booked but when I requested I was given two options (full refund or refund with a voucher).

I picked the 2nd option and found out the full refund was the actual voucher for free hotel. I misunderstood the options and emailed the company back. The 1st response was "please explain reason" then response was they sent me the voucher. I wanted the money back not a voucher which I tried to explain. The 2nd message stated they were working on it and would get back to me. 8 days later no response and there was a charge on my card for the amount of hotel. I called the number on the bottom of the conf # and Reginnett responded asap. She was very nice and fixed the problem with no issues.

Hello,

We Thank You for your high rating review and positive feedback. We are happy to hear that our team member Reginette was able to assist you with this issue. Though we do apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced.

Please don't hesitate to reach our to us in the future, it is our pleasure to help!

Regards,

HotelPlanner

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

We reached out via The Knot for a group reservation hotel inquiry with the Newport News Marriott at City Center. Shortly after, I received an email from the account manager, Bryan **. He informed me that he reached out to the Marriott hotel manager and provided me with the hotel rate. He stated that he was in the process of trying to get us a better rate and would be in touch. He followed through with this request and provided us with a lower rate for our wedding guests. He helped set up the room block with the Marriott so that we could start sending out the information to our guests. It was very generous of him to try and get a lower rate than the initial rate, because it ended up working and we felt relieved to be able to offer our guests such a reasonable rate among other expenses that they would be paying for, especially since many of them were traveling/flying to be here for our big day.

Bryan later reached out to me about two weeks before our wedding. He stated that he wanted to try and help with requesting free room amenity upgrades for our group. He requested that I send him our current rooming list with any VIPs marked and he would pass on the upgrade request to the hotel for us. He informed me that although it is not guaranteed, it doesn't hurt to ask. I sent him a copy of our rooming list and mentioned that if anyone is able to be upgraded, we would hope that it could at least be our room. Aside from being the bride and groom, we would have the bridal party getting ready in our connecting rooms so it would offer more space when getting ready to be upgraded.

A few days before the wedding, we did ask our group rooms coordinator about any possible upgrades. To our surprise, she upgraded us to the Presidential Suite! Although I am not sure exactly who to thank for this upgrade, I do know that Bryan had reached out to the manager prior to our arrival and sent over the VIP guest list as promised, and therefore can't help but think that some of our gratitude should be gifted towards him. After our wedding, Bryan sent me a follow-up email informing me that if I sent him the group stay report, that we could receive a free hotel room voucher as a way of the company thanking us for using their service and being a value customer.

I had not checked my email until at least a day or two after the wedding and therefore I did not obtain a group stay report. Bryan went ahead and called the hotel to receive it and he uploaded it for me. He said not to worry about a thing because he had taken care of it and uploaded the document and that I should be on the lookout for our voucher. I really appreciated his help throughout this process. He was so generous and responsive and just assisted in making this process easy and enjoyable!! Thank you to this company for their great customer service!! :)

Hello,

Thank you! We love being able to provide the service that our customers seek. We are glad to hear that Bryan was able to assist you with your booking. We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience and look forward to helping you book your next stay!

Sincerely,

Briana Smith | Brand Ambassador

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

My family had a last minute need for a hotel with lots of space and a kitchen. We were able to find a great deal and book it very simply. I have used a lot of travel sites and this was by far the most intuitive and user friendly. After booking, we realized that the dates we chose were not ideal for our stay. So I sent a message to the customer service team late that night, and woke to a response from the very pleasant Karen ** who was extremely helpful. Not only was Karen prompt in her reply, but she also called the hotel on our behalf and got the dates changed for us, on the day we were supposed to check in! If you want to travel without hassle, and have support when you need it, this is the place.

Greetings Kraig,

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad to hear that Karen was able to assist you with your booking, we are always happy to help! We are pleased to hear you were happy with our services. We strive to provide the kind of service our customers seek. We look forward to helping you book your next stay!

Briana Smith | Brand Ambassador

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

This is a review of Karen **, who helped me out after I discovered that there is a discrepancy with my reservation, (3) days prior to checking-in to Hyatt Place Hotel in Long Island City NY. I've learned that there was only (1) room reserved for my family, when back in April 2021 I reserved (2) rooms with Hotel Planner. As soon as I called for support in regards to the situation, Karen went into action to get my concern resolved. One day before my family checks in, (2) rooms were confirmed reserved to us. Then, when we checked-in to the hotel, the hotel charged us the second time, even though we paid Hotel Planner way in advance. Again, I messaged Karen about the situation, and she resolved the problem expeditiously.

My point is, "even though things aren't getting perfectly, Karen made it as less painful and less heart-breaking as possible for me and my family." If it was another customer service representative, I would have started cursing. But it never happened, because Karen took care of all my concerns right away! My deepest appreciation and much thanks for a job-well-done to Karen!

Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I am very sorry to hear that there were difficulties with your reservation. We are pleased to hear you were happy with Karen's assistance. We strive to provide the kind of service our customers seek. We look forward to helping you book your next stay!

Briana Smith | Brand Ambassador

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

I’m still waiting on my refund that you owe me. My fiancé had already made reservations and paid for two rooms for the 14th and checked out on 15 August. I didn’t know he had already paid for room. I really need my money ASAP please. Our stay there was excellence in customer service. Was excellent. I would love to be able to stay there again if you guys would give me my refund back.

Hello,

I see that our agent has put in the request for your refund to be processed. I have requested it to be expedited for you. I do apologize for the delay!

Original review: May 6, 2022

Reginette ** was quick and responded very quickly with the information I was needing, very helpful. Very professional as well. Polite and very nice. I initially sent email on Tuesday, but I am sure with the busy phone calls it took a bit but I am very happy with the service provided

Greetings Jeff,

We appreciate the high rating review and positive feedback. It's wonderful to hear that Reginette was so helpful and accommodating for you. It is our pleasure to assist whenever we can.

Best regards,

Original review: May 6, 2022

Was an excellent help booking hotel rooms. She spoke English! Which doesn't always happen when you call. She helped me get a room near an event I'm attended. She was very easy to talk to and made sure I was satisfied with the room I reserved.

Hello Vincent,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to leave us a 5 star review. We are glad that our team member Regina was so helpful to you during your booking.

HotelPlanner

Original review: May 5, 2022

Very helpful, amazing person would definitely recommend to someone else that I know for a great experience and very helpful services. If everybody else in the world was this nice and helpful the world would be a lot better place.

HotelPlanner.com response

Thank you Kyle for your rating review and wonderful compliments on our team member Stephanie. We are so happy to hear she was able to accommodate you with your booking and was very helpful.

Best regards,

HotelPlanner

Original review: May 4, 2022

Reservationist was polite and helpful. She was able to make a reservation for a motel that met my wishes in terms of location and price. I also contacted Days Inn on Best Rd in College Park Ga and confirmed that they have record of this registration.

Greetings Carlton,

We want to thank you for your high star review and wonderful feedback. It's so nice to know that our team member was able to accommodate you so promptly and efficiently. Your compliment is deeply appreciated. We are always here to help!

HotelPlanner

Original review: May 1, 2022

Christine was very helpful and took time to find me the best deal possible without paying in advance. She was great! It’s good you allow folks to work from home. It keeps the stress level down. Christine can spend more time with customers and it shows.

Greetings Stuart,

We want to thank you for your high star review and wonderful feedback. It's so nice to know that our team member Christine was able to accommodate you so promptly and efficiently. Your compliment is deeply appreciated. We are always here to help!

HotelPlanner.com Company Information