West Palm Beach, FL

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

We booked a hotel through HotelPlanner which was less than satisfactory once we checked into the room. We ended up having to change hotels late at night. The following day I emailed HotelPlanner customer service and received a response that day that it was being researched and the representative I worked with was friendly, responsive and worked to help me reach the conclusion I was seeking. I was very appreciative for their prompt response and fair treatment of the situation.

Yasmin ** was an absolute pleasure to work with! She was very professional and has excellent customer service skills. I really appreciate her prompt responses and helping me quickly resolve the issues I was having. Superb customer service! Thank you!!!

I had to cancel a reservation and was not refunded the money but the response was timely and effective and I got my refund. Very good work. Thank you! They work with the hotel to get me my money refunded on my credit card. I hadn't used a service before but I would use it again in the future if necessary.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Booked hotel online through HotelPlanner. It was booked OK. But, the reservation was duplicated and billed the double amount to my corporate credit card. It took two weeks to clear it up. I had never experienced this kind of silly mistake as well as long time recovery. I could rate zero star if possible. However, the follow up by Reginette was excellent. I can rate her 6 stars. Therefore, I rated 3 stars considering two extreme conditions. Thank you very much for your support, Reginette!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I recently booked a two night stay to your hotel. Upon arriving in town I received news of a death in the family. Your agency was very understanding of the cancellation request due to the circumstances. It is great to know that big companies such as yours are willing to work with customers during unexpected occurrences. Thank you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very pleased with my interaction with Hotel Planner. After booking our rooms I needed clarification, my email was answered quickly by Reginette. Then later unfortunately because of medical reasons, I had to cancel one of our rooms. Again Reginette took care of everything quickly and courteously. I am most grateful during this stressful situation. Everything was handled smoothly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HotelPlanner.com?

We had an emergency in our family and they were able to help us resolve this part of our trouble. Thank you for the professionalism, willingness to help and most of all, for the kindness. We will book here again!

HI Jessica,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I sincerely apologize to you for any inconvenience caused. Please note that I was able to contact the department that was handling your reservation and they were able to locate a duplicate reservation in the system for you.

The duplicate booking has been cancelled and you have been issued a refund in full that will be allocated back to the original form of payment you provided at the time of booking. Please note that refunds do take between 3 – 7 business days for the funds to be allocated back to your account.

HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I reserved a room thru HotelPlanner.com. Got a itinerary for just one room only. When I got to hotel they said I had reserved 2 rooms. I said, “No I didn't.” and she said I had to call customer service to not get charged for the extra room. After liking over my credit card statement and seeing I had been charged two rooms I called customer service. The customer service number on my itinerary is a joke. Can't get a rep, just a voicemail to leave your name and number and a agent will call back. I have had no call back yet, and it looks like it going to have to pay for this extra room that I didn't request. When I finally went the Priceline, their agent connected me to a HotelPlanner agent directly and she said that she would transfer me where I needed to be transferred to take care of this matter, needless to say, she transferred me right back to the automated voicemail. So, my matter had still not been resolved or refunded. I'll never use HotelPlanner again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I called yesterday and spoke w/ the pleasant, Alina from customer service. I was disappointed that I had to cancel trip and knowing it would not be possible for refund; however, I was pleased that they did refund me under the circumstances of Hurricane Irma upon us. THANK YOU!!!

Since of the delay in my travel to Denver, I talked to the hotel and they said me I might get the refund. I appreciate ** to really help me to solve this problem. ** were so kind and every time I send email they response and helped.

Factual basis uncertain

I made reservations for a room for 2 people with either a king-size or two queen-size beds. I specified in the special instructions that I wanted a king-size bed. The reservation didn't acknowledge the special instructions, nor did it include 2 people in the reservation. Upon arrival at the hotel, we had been allocated a room with the two queen-size beds, which the hotel was unwilling to change. Also, at the time the reservation was made, the funds were charged to my credit card rather than on departure from the hotel, which is the way hotel stays normally work. So by making an early reservation with HotelPlanner.com, they held on to my funds until the end of our hotel stay. I'll never do business with them again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Change in itinerary was needed and the agent was helpful, efficient and accurate. Very impressive service and I will recommend you to others. Thanks again for all your help. What more can say but well done on providing this service for hotel bookings.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

It was late in the evening when I booked a room - and afterwards found I had omitted my spouse...! (Reservation was for one, not two.) Fortunately, a quick phone call the same night was very helpful, and was followed by a morning confirmation for exactly what room - and number of guests - I needed. I am very grateful! Will definitely use them again.

I booked a hotel for a group trip through Hotel Planner months in advance for vacation and got an extremely good deal which was non refundable. About two weeks prior I realized that the hotel I booked was one hour away from where the rest of the group was staying. I contacted Hotel Planner in which the agent informed me of the terms of my reservation (non refundable). Since this was a huge emergency and I insisted to speak to a supervisor/manager to see if there was any way possible to either cancel the reservation or book something closer to the group. I ended up speaking to Regina who was nothing but helpful. After going back and forth between the hotel and Hotel Planner, I was able to cancel that reservation and book something closer at a sister hotel. If it wasn't for her or the hotel management staff (Novotel), I don't think I would be able to enjoy my vacation the way I planned.

HotelPlanner.com

Dear Danna, Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation in a swift manner!! Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Late at night I was making motel reservations and failed to pick the date for the reservation. Apparently, the reservation choose a "default" date which was that very night. As soon as I received the confirmation and saw the date, I realized the mistake I had made. I left my number with the reservations specialist for HotelPlanner and she returned my call the next afternoon. The company refunded the total amount. I am very pleased with the outcome and courtesy with which I was treated.

HotelPlanner.com

Dear Linda,, Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation in a swift manner!! Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Just wanted to share my gratitude for Reginette for swiftly taking care of the double charge on a recent reservation. The team was quick to respond to my concerns and followed up with the appropriate people to get the extra charge refunded. Excellent customer service and I will definitely use this site again to book our next reservation!

HotelPlanner.com

Dear Diane, Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation!! Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I had to cancel a reservation this morning; I used email and had a response within an hour. Great service! Thanks. I would definitely use HotelPlanner again for any reservations I need in the future.

HotelPlanner.com

Dear Samuel, Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation!! Have a great day!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I booked a hotel in Staten Island, NY and due to unavoidable circumstances our flight to Trenton could not accommodate us. I requested to cancel the hotel reservation and refund. Without any questions asked, they have consented and refunded full amount without even a cancellation fee. I AM VERY GRATEFUL FOR THEIR POLITE AND COURTEOUS ATTITUDE. They are very understanding, cooperative and helpful. Excellent service and I have NO reservation to recommend to friends and family members.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I reserved a room at the Knights Inn in Heath, Oh, through HotelPlanner.com on 08-14-2017. I arrived and was charged $49.99 instead of $44.99 (as per my reservation) but it was late and I was tired. Room filthy and unfit to be rented out. No blankets. No shower curtain, no towels, no toilet paper. There was a trash can, it contained a metal pipe & other plumbing trash. Hairs on toilet seat & in tub/shower. Filthy (I have photos) sheets & pillow cases on beds. Trash under beds & behind bedside table. Carpet filthy, with sticky spots and mud on it. Bedside table had sticky substance on it.

AMENITIES. NO MICROWAVE, NO FRIDGE, NO FUNCTIONING TV, NO FUNCTIONING LIGHTS IN ROOM (No, I am NOT Kidding). I ASKED for my Money Back - The manager states he's Only Been there for 4 days, doesn't know HOW to do a Refund and the "Owners" are "On Vacation." He did; however, "try" and make it "right" in providing linens, a clean trash can, a shower curtain, toilet paper, a working TV, a mini fridge, a microwave and picked up SOME of the trash & provided me with ONE blanket.

Morning after no real sleep... I go down to the Lobby for my "Continental Breakfast"... see the jugs empty (don't even look like juice has been in them)... Only coffee out. I wait while a young man explains to the new Desk Clerk on Duty that his friend and/or roomie is not a bad person and sometimes even "good " people go to "jail" and he appreciates their understanding... Then excuse myself to ask. "At what time did the Continental Breakfast End?" The Desk Clerk replied "Oh we don't serve a Continental Breakfast". I replied "My reservation stated that you did. It was one of the reasons that I chose this hotel. Along with many of your other non-existing amenities."

I TRIED to contact HotelPlanner.com. ANY phone number given for them sends you to a "Call Center" for "RESERVATIONS" and, the little recording for ANY other option, such as a problem with your hotel service, you are told to "Directly call the hotel". HotelPlanner.com is a Pure SCAM operation with no REAL Customer SERVICE to help when there is a problem. Stick with Priceline or Travelocity or anyone else who will at least listen to you and place a few phone calls on your behalf.

HI Daniel,

Thank you for bring the matter concerning your reservation to our attention. We are able to verify that your issue has been resolved as you were issued a refund in full for both of your reservations.

Once again we do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you and we are following up with the hotel to ensure that this does not occur in the near future.

HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

I was forced through this company while using Expedia to book a hotel room. I needed to cancel one of the nights that was booked and the customer service rep told me that there were no refunds or cancellations. I then called the hotel where I was supposed to stay but they had no record of my reservation. When I called HotelPlanner.com back, an automated message started confirming different reservations which I hadn't made for different dates/cities. I was eventually connected with a customer rep again and she told me no refunds or cancellations. I asked to speak with a manager and was transferred after a 20 min hold. I explained to the manager that the hotel had no record of my reservation and their system was telling me that I had made additional reservations which I hadn't. The manager apologized and said it would be up to the hotel to allow the cancellation and he would have to get back with me.

A few days later, I called the hotel to see if they had received any info from HotelPlanner which they hadn't. The hotel manager was very nice and told me she would contact the company and get everything straightened out. The hotel manager called back today and informed me that HotelPlanner refused to make the cancellation and I would have to call them back and fight it out. I called HotelPlanner back again and was immediately connected with a service rep who jumped right into telling me no cancellations and told me I should have read the fine print.

I asked for a manager again at which point she said they only work Monday through Friday until 5 pm and I would have to call back on Monday. What kind of major online booking company doesn't have a manager on duty at all times? Ultimately, I had my credit card company dispute the charges as this company provided me with no services but had charged me $210. Terrible experience dealing with these extremely rude and unprofessional people.

HotelPlanner.com

Dear Due Baird, Thanks for your review! We're glad that our team was able to assist you with the issue concerning your reservation!! Have a beautiful day!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

We booked this room in Florence for my parents, who had to unfortunately return home early due to illness. It was very easily cancelled and I was very grateful because of all the other issues happening at the time. Thank you for your help.

Hi Minerva,

We appreciate the opportunity to review your concerns and on behalf of HotelPlanner we apologize for any inconvenience experienced. We are able to verify that your matter was resolved with one of our agents that further assisted you as you were issued a refund for the difference in rate; refunds normally take between 3 – 7 business days for the funds to be allocated back to your account.

Once again we do sincerely apologize to you for the incorrect information being provided to you from the hotel and we have escalated this review to our upper management team for further review as we take our clients feedback very seriously to ensure that this does not occur in the near future.

HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

HotelPlanner's rates are higher than actual hotel rates. Hotel Planner charge was $170 nightly for Wyndham in Brooklyn, NY. Hotel was charging $159. I asked hotel Planner to refund difference and was told No, this is their profit margin. Really! Shop around and compare. Avoid hotelplanner, I will!

Hi Luis,

We appreciate the opportunity to review your concerns and on behalf of HotelPlanner we apologize for any inconvenience experienced. We are able to verify that your matter was resolved with one of our agents that further assisted you as the cancellation policy for your reservation was waived and a full refund was processed back to the account information you provided at the time of booking. Refunds normally take between 3 – 7 business days for the funds to be allocated back to your account.

Once again we do sincerely apologize to you for the incorrect information being provided to you from (15) different people and we have escalated this review to our upper management team for further review as we take our clients feedback very seriously to ensure that this does not occur in the near future

HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

Cancellation of booking: Aside from one individual who helped me with my cancellation, the overall experience was horrible. I tried to cancel on my own but I was directed to 15 different people and to 3 different agencies. In the end it was luck that someone helped.

HotelPlanner.com

Dear Hobbit Forrest, Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could exceed your expectations!! Have a beautiful day!

Original review: July 31, 2017

Reginette ** went the extra mile to help alleviate my distress. I didn't feel safe traveling to my hotel this evening due to Tropical Storm Emily. She contacted the hotel obtained authorization for me to be able to receive a refund. I am so grateful. Kudos to Reginette and to HotelPlanner for excellent customer service.

HotelPlanner.com

Dear Akshay Dhuri, Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team could assist you with the matter concerning your reservation!! Have a beautiful day!

Original review: July 31, 2017

The first transaction to book a hotel room failed on ticketmonsterperks.com, yet charged with no confirmation email. The second transaction went in smoothly and normally. Solved in few days by reaching out by email only. Not needed to reach out by phone. Thanks a ton Reginette.

HotelPlanner.com

Dear Charles Oliver, Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our colleague could exceed your expectations!! We will be sure to let her know of a job well done! Have a great day!

Original review: July 29, 2017

I had to cancel a reservation due to unforeseen circumstances and I was very concerned that I would lose my money because the cancellation was not following HotelPlanner.com policy. Your supervisor Reginette was SO understanding and helpful. She turned my experience from a disappointment into a delight. Thank you.

HotelPlanner.com

Dear Linda, Thanks for your review! We send well wishes to your family during this difficult time and we are glad that we were able to assist you with your reservation. May you have a great day!

Original review: July 28, 2017

On July 8, 2017, as we were headed to our hotel at Best Western Merry Manor South Portland, ME, we received a call that our niece was in a fatal vehicle accident. When we arrived at the hotel, we were trying to figure out what course of action to take. As a result, we had to cancel our reservations through Hotel Planner and the hotel because we needed to get home to our family. Hotel Planner worked with the hotel and they were able to get us a refund. We truly appreciate Hotel Planner and Best Western Merry Manor for their support and empathy during this difficult time. Unfortunately, we were not able to get home immediately due to flight times and the unreasonable high rates but we were able to get home in time for the funeral. I highly recommend Hotel Planner for your future travel plans.

Factual basis uncertain

After several attempts to Contact Regina customer relations I was told that she would like IT know that HotelPlanner should alert their clients about their upcoming stay. I booked my reservation through Hotel Planner back in June 2017 for an event. The event was cancelled but I forget to cancel this one stay. After the initial reservation email I got nothing else from them until I received charge on my credit for the stay. I was told by the hotel that Hotel planners never provided them with my email address so they could not alert me of my upcoming stay that would allowed me to cancel. All Hotel Planners had to say was it my responsibility to remember without any additional contact from them. No common courtesy given. WHAT A SHAME...

HotelPlanner.com

Dear Cortney, Thanks for your review! We're delighted to hear your feedback! We're also glad that our team was able to assist you in a timely manner!! Have a great day!

Original review: July 27, 2017

My husband and I booked a hotel stay through hotelplanner.com and we ended up having to leave the hotel the same night. Requested a refund and the person helping us was quick & kind. We'll definitely use hotelplanner.com again in the future!

HI Robert,

Thank you for bring the matter concerning your reservation to our attention. We are able to verify that your issue has been resolved as the department handling your reservation was able to confirm that your reservation booked was a nonrefundable booking for one adult in a non smoking room.

The department did receive a courtesy waiver for your reservation and as such you were issued a refund in full that was processed back to the account information you provided at the time of booking.

Once again we thank you for reaching out to us and we are glad that we were able to resolve this matter for you.

HotelPlanner Management Team

Original review: July 26, 2017

I originally asked & made a reservation for 2 adults, a SMOKING Double Room. I printed out the itinerary the next day & it had 2 major errors, 1 Adult & a NON-Smoking room. I tried to call HotelPlanner to explain the mistakes. I got the run-around for 4 days, trying to get someone in authority to speak to. I was put on hold constantly, messages were not returned, so on. I tried calling the motel, but got nowhere. I even offered to change the reservation to another time, no dice. While it's possible I made mistakes when typing in my reservation, I highly doubt it. So, I lost $185.00. I understand the no change, no return policy; I feel they made the mistakes. Folks, I STRONGLY urge you to avoid HotelPlanner.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I needed help to adjust a hotel booking in Ohio. I had booked the wrong night and needed to switch it. Reginette ** was very good and helpful. She tracked down my order and confirmed that my booking had been changed and I would not be charged for the night I did not use. She did this quickly and was friendly. I appreciated it very much. Thank you.

HotelPlanner.com Company Profile