West Palm Beach, FL

4.3/5 (254 ratings)

About HotelPlanner.com

HotelPlanner is a hospitality website that specializes in group hotel reservations. It helps you find lower prices for hotel bookings by instantly comparing bids from its various partners. It has a network of hotels all over the world and guarantees the lowest real-time rates.

Pros

• Compares multiple bids
  • Low negotiated rates
  • Can save time

Cons

• Limited customer service
  • Confusing system

Bottom Line

HotelPlanner is a hospitality reservation service that specializes in group hotel bookings. It offers access to low negotiated rates and gives you the opportunity to compare hotel prices before making a reservation.

Top HotelPlanner.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HotelPlanner.com?

Verified

We booked a hotel room under a wedding party with a no cancellation rule applied to the group rate, however unexpectedly our family tested positive with COVID that week. The staff...

Verified

I have never had such a wonderful customer service experience before! The team was extremely helpful in navigating me through a difficult decision to cancel my preplanned trip aft...

What is HotelPlanner?

HotelPlanner is a website where hotel and travel vendors can post nightly rates for their rooms and services. It guarantees the lowest prices if you book ten rooms or more at once; when there’s a discrepancy between group rates negotiated by HotelPlanner and a hotel’s posted promotional rates, the hotel is contractually obligated to adjust its rate for HotelPlanner users. Once you book a room, HotelPlanner isn’t involved in further transactions.

How does HotelPlanner work?

To book a stay on the HotelPlanner site, you’ll input your specifications, such as:

• Destination
  • Dates
  • Group type
  • Estimated number of rooms
  • Budget range per night
  • Ideal star rating

Based on your selections, HotelPlanner contacts hotels for you and sends quotes within 48 hours. It also offers a list of hotels it didn’t contact in case you’d like to pursue other suitable options. Then you can contact hotels, decline bids or book instantly through HotelPlanner’s portal. The site also lets group members pay separately for their rooms. If you book and pay through HotelPlanner, your hotel won’t ask for payment at checkout (except for incidentals).

HotelPlanner fees

HotelPlanner doesn’t charge travelers any fees for its services; it makes money by taking a referral fee from hotels and service vendors. To make sure you pay no more than necessary when booking for a group, HotelPlanner advises searching for one room at a time, as hotels often allocate a limited number of rooms at a transient rate. Once you find a good rate, increase the number of rooms and see if the same rate is still available.

HotelPlanner FAQ

Can I make changes to my HotelPlanner reservation?
It depends on what you want to change and when, but any changes must be made through a HotelPlanner representative rather than the hotel or service provider. Read your confirmation email for more information.
Where is HotelPlanner available?
HotelPlanner is available for booking all major hotels in the U.S. and in many destination cities abroad. It has a network of more than 55,000 hotels domestically and almost as many internationally.
Is HotelPlanner safe?
HotelPlanner uses a secure commerce server that encrypts credit card numbers and doesn’t release your personal information to hotels.
Can you make group reservations with HotelPlanner?
Yes. HotelPlanner specializes in group reservations and lets you book in blocks — most hotels won’t offer a HotelPlanner quote for fewer than nine rooms.

Is HotelPlanner legit?

HotelPlanner is a legitimate resource for professional event planners or large event coordinators. That said, make sure you’re familiar with the company’s cancellation policy and refund conditions and procedures. If you’re coordinating hotel arrangements for others, we advise that you thoroughly review your reservation form, retain all receipts and let your group know what to expect.

HotelPlanner.com Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about HotelPlanner.com?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

Hello I'm a US Federal Officer working the night shift. From my job I called up Samantha at 0150hrs. to assist me with booking a hotel room for my wife and I as we prepared to visit my Dad after his open heart surgery... She was so patient, professional and Helpful with me at that time of the morning. I'm so grateful for her second-to-none assistance. It's people like Samantha that encourages me to live the life of service to this Great nation of the United States of America... Thus, after retirement from the US Air Force after 22 years of Service, I immediately extended my service to country as a present US Federal Officer... Please pass on my highest regards to Agent Samantha. Please feel free to contact me for any further follow-ups to my comments. Job well done. Keep up the Excellent work Team...

R,
Brian

US Federal Officer

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad to hear that Samantha was able to help you so proficiently in booking your reservation.

We strive to give our customers the service they seek and glad our efforts are being noticed.

Enjoy your stay,

HotelPlanner

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2022

I appreciate the help received from Reginette ** in securing a refund for two days’ stay in a hotel fee. I had booked a seven day stay at Holiday Inn Express in Dripping Springs, TX. Due to the unexpected death of a brother in a different state, I need to shorten my stay in TX. I informed the required parties of need for an early checkout. I was billed and had to pay for the entire stay. I ran into roadblock after roadblock in getting a refund for over six weeks. Received constant denial and requests for confirmation of promised refund. Enter Reginette; and after three days of providing names and other information, denial was rescinded. Confidence in online communication has been restored.

HotelPlanner.com response

Anna, Thank You! For sharing your experience and wonderful feedback for Reginette and how she was able to provide you with the service you deserved. We are happy to hear she was able to solve the issue and give you the correct outcome you needed. We are always here to help.

Best regards,

HotelPlanner

Original review: April 1, 2022

I was refunded after booking hotel dates required for FEB 21-27 were accidentally booked for MAR 21-27. And so, to facilitate my business guests, I had to pay a second time when the guests arrived at the hotel on FEB 21. This was greatly appreciated as the charge was over $2,000. As a result of this understanding and cooperation, I will now be utilizing and recommending "Hotel Planner" from now on. My many thanks to Reginette ** for this extra effort and kind assistance in bringing resolution to this situation. Thank you!

Greetings Randy,

We are so glad to hear that your issue was resolved quickly and our wonderful team member Reginette was able to help you so efficiently and promptly. She's a doll and always willing to go the extra mile to help out a client. Looking forward to assisting you with your future bookings again.

HotelPlanner

Original review: March 18, 2022

I booked a room Wednesday 3/9/22. I am traveling to Rhode Island this weekend for a basketball tournament. The room I originally tried to book kept going up on prices while I was on the phone with the agent so she ended up finding me another hotel four mins away from the original hotel and a cheaper rate. Turned out the Team was staying at a whole different hotel with a group rate. I was eligible for a refund that I had booked but when I requested I was given two options (full refund or refund with a voucher).

I picked the 2nd option and found out the full refund was the actual voucher for free hotel. I misunderstood the options and emailed the company back. The 1st response was "please explain reason" then response was they sent me the voucher. I wanted the money back not a voucher which I tried to explain. The 2nd message stated they were working on it and would get back to me. 8 days later no response and there was a charge on my card for the amount of hotel. I called the number on the bottom of the conf # and Reginnett responded asap. She was very nice and fixed the problem with no issues.

Hello,

We Thank You for your high rating review and positive feedback. We are happy to hear that our team member Reginette was able to assist you with this issue. Though we do apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced.

Please don't hesitate to reach our to us in the future, it is our pleasure to help!

HotelPlanner

Original review: March 16, 2022

Carlos has great customer service skills very professional. Carlos checked to see if any discounts or specials on a room. Made sure I got my confirmation number by text and email. I would have liked an earlier check in time but was told need to call maybe that would be something to consider changing make it nicer for people to get settled in their room earlier in the day so they can get out and enjoy time out instead of waiting to get into the room. Also it would be nice to use AAA or AARP discount.

Greetings Linda,

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad to hear that our team was able to assist you with your booking, we are always happy to help!

HotelPlanner

Original review: Jan. 30, 2023

Awful. Feel scammed! After booking hotel and my credit card was charged! Hotel did not get paid their rate or even room paid for. Still waiting on refund after being canceling and talking with customer service explaining problem. Still awaiting on credit..SCAM..

Hi Mindy,

Thank you for your feedback and I do apologize for any inconvenience that this matter caused you. I am able to locate your booking in our system and it shows that your reservation was booked on the same day of arrival and it is actually the hotel that was unwilling to honor your prepaid reservation as they were insisting that you pay in cash. I can confirm on our end that a full refund was processed back to your account on (1/31/2023 - Refunded($XX.XX), and refunds normally take between 3 - 7 business days to be allocated back to your account. You are more than welcome to follow up with your financial institution who will be able to confirm that the refund was processed to your account.

Once again I do apologize for the inconvenience that this matter caused you.

HotelPlanner

Original review: Jan. 27, 2023

Mr. Rommell **, provided several choices and prices as per request. My request was not easy, as I needed a hotel which was pet friendly and close to my training center. I appreciated his patience and a Pleasant manner.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your feedback and we are glad to hear that our agent was able to help you so proficiently in booking your reservation.

We strive to give our customers the service they seek and we look forward to you utilizing our services for your future travel needs.

HotelPlanner

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

Joel was very professional. He provided information of the various options available clearly, answered questions when asked and assured me the specifics of the option I selected would be forwarded to me via email. He was also very friendly and I enjoyed speaking with him throughout our phone call.

Hello Beverly,

You are ever so kind!! We are so happy to hear about Joel's service to you. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a stellar review.

Rachel Spurling

Original review: Jan. 17, 2023

Made reservation through toll free number with Adrian. Arrived at Courtyard Flint by Marriot 5206 Gateway Center 48507 but no room was available for check in. Ms ** could see reservation conf: ** and Itin: **. Ms ** called Residence Inn Marriott and spoke with Shawn who worked and booked us a room. I am very frustrated after driving 12 hours only to find no room after a confirmation. I tried to reach reservation but recording would not give me an option for a live representative to cancel reservation. Please cancel this reservation, contact me personally at ** and provide me restitution such as a free nights' stay. Disappointed, frustrated, tired and plainly disgusted with Marriot. I am ver

Dear DeAnna,

We are so sorry to hear that Marriot was booked when you arrived. Sometimes the hotel does not update their site soon enough for us to know they are booked. We are terribly sorry for the inconvenience you experienced. You have been issued a full refund. Please allow 2-10 business days to see the refund reflected on your account.

If you should have any further questions or concerns, please reach out to me directly at Rachel.Spurling@HotelPlanner.com.

Rachel Spurling

Original review: Jan. 15, 2023

Super and helpful, but to another hotel. Ashley was very helpful and thank you.. She was very good and happy for her Assistance. Just Curious how the Hilton could be all booked up. Wished I was staying at hilton.

Greetings Stephen,

We are so sorry to hear the hotel you wanted was all booked up. Thank you so much for telling us about Ashley being so awesome! We are excited to work with you on future reservations.

Rachel S