3.8/5 (205 ratings)

About Copa Airlines

Copa Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Copa Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Copa Airlines?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2022

Stay away from this company if you have other options. I bought round trip tickets for my parents, from Tampa to South America in Copa, and so far they've changed/cancelled the return flights several times. They simply cancel a particular return flight without considering the impact on paying passengers, and to rebook is a nightmare. I spent, literally, hours trying to talk to an agent. The first agent who answered, after waiting in the queue for two hours, didn't help and simply put me back in the queue again. After another hour I got tired and hang up.

The second day, after getting the "lines are busy" message for hours and after waiting for over one hour in the queue, an agent answered and said the return flight was cancelled (which I knew already). Then she said she needs to look for options, took my phone number, and promised to call me in two minutes. She never did. This is my experience with these people on this last cancellation. The first two times were similar. It's almost impossible to get someone who can help. I'll never use them again.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

We just arrived into Montreal, Qc. At 11:34 pm Is 12:45 and they just announced that the luggage will be out in 60 minutes. Since 12:30 they keep saying 60 minutes. Copa has gotten sooo expensive and service is not that great anymore. The other airlines are getting her vags is just Copa they said no employees to receive the fly!!

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

I was flying for Lima, Peru with the connected flight in Panama through Copa Airlines in business class. Business-class seats do recline little and have an entertainment center but old and horrible. They are not comfortable at all. My back started hurting after a while due to no cushion support for my back. Seats are not lie-flat beds. Food is okay as for the airline. The bathroom is so small that your clothes touch the walls and feels so unclean. The ticket is so expensive as compared to business class. I didn't feel at all that I am flying in business class. Very disappointed and disheartened by the service even they never come back to ask you again for drinks or needs.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

My luggage got "delayed", 3 days later it got delivered weighting 22 pounds less, opened, and with missing items for a total of more than 1250 dollars, I sent receipts and an inventory (with receipts) of about 70 percent of the missing items to their customer service, to what they replied that they would only give me 300 dollars back, I replied that how could that be? And they said they would reimburse many of my items by weight (be prepared to get your expensive perfume and sunglasses quoted as white rice). I replied that I wanted their quotation reviewed as it was ridiculous, and they simply stopped replying... Thank you Copa and your rep. Milagros ** for letting your thieves steal half my stuff and just stonewall me as if I'm the criminal. Never again, but I will spread the word.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2021

My holiday became a nightmare because of Copa. I’ve booked a flight with Copa from Cancun to Panama City. After arriving, my baggage was lost. The contents were very dear to me and irreplaceable. I’ve filed a lost baggage case and called/Whatsapped every day, but never got a response and they won’t pick up. I went back to the airport to hear they will call me back the next day (never did). I e-mailed them, no response. After 3 days I hear the search has been stopped and my case is closed. I’ve filled in another form to claim expenses, but after 3 days still no response. I have 0 faith left. I am afraid I will have to take legal action to get any money back. Besides that I will have to buy new stuff from my own money at the moment, I am afraid I will have to accept some important items will be lost forever. With no explanation, apologies, or any other communication.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

I booked a flight to fly 2020 for 4 people to Cuba & Trinidad. Spent $USD $3512.72. They cancelled - (due to Covid) unable to get refund initially then applied on line - email arrived saying paid and will receive in in 8 weeks and details of credit card last 4 digits & expiry date in the email were incorrect - so re emailed & replied - no response. Did a dispute form. No reply except a logging number.

I finally waited on the phone to be told the refund had been paid & case closed, hello where is my money - I explained that the details had been changed for my credit card & were not mine - I was told "NO way could this happen" so now someone in COPA has stolen my money and put another person's credit details against my flight and stolen my refund. No one will help me. Or give an explanation - I now have no money & can only complain - COPA needs to look into the theft as I'm sure I would not be the only one. STOLEN MONEY & NO HELP FROM COPA Airline in refund department. Susan ** Australia

Original review: July 31, 2021

Purchased 4 roundtrip tickets from SFO - AUA in April 21 for Oct. 21 trip. Notified in July of flight change resulting in a 19 hour earlier departure and a 23 hour layover. Only options were to accept or cancel. Copa only wanted to issue flight credit even though I was eligible for a refund. Selection for a new flight on Copa would have cost more than double my original purchase. Customer service is non-existent and unresponsive. Told I would receive a response to my refund request in 15 days. Nothing. Inquired and was told I would receive a response in another 25 days. Unacceptable. Don't fly Copa Airlines.

Original review: July 22, 2021

Copa cancelled my flights offering only overnight stays when the country is quarantining. No refund. They do not answer despite multiple attempts by Expedia to help resolve issue. I will never use Copa again!

Original review: June 22, 2021

After purchasing 2-tickets for a flight from Liberia, Costa Rica to Bogota, Colombia scheduled for 3/18/2020 with a return on 3/21/2020, Copa Airlines cancelled the flights. Thereafter, I filed numerous written and oral requests by calling Copa’s employees in Miami and in Panama to demand a full repayment of my monies ($1,132) paid, which to this day Copa Airlines refuses to repay. Each time I called their offices in Miami and Panama I was given a different story as to when Copa would be refunding my money, which never occurred. Had I known that Copa Airlines has a well documented history of failing to repay customers when Copa cancels a flight I would not have dealt with them and I hope that others will choose not to use Copa’s services. Any stars given to Copa is too much.

Original review: June 3, 2021

I will never ever fly Copa Airlines again. After they changed the return flight of our ticket then a few weeks later canceled our flight altogether and pushed it one day, my friend and I were about ready to cancel the flight and get a refund. But after being told that we would have to REQUEST a refund and wouldn’t just receive one, we didn’t want to run the risk of them denying our refund and keeping our $700 tickets. AND apparently it would take 6 months for us to even receive an answer regarding our refund. So we decided to go.

When we got to the airport, all of the announcements were in Spanish first, check-in was EXTREMELY slow, and the employees didn’t seem to know what they were talking about any time you asked a question. After we checked our bags and finally got on the flight, 20 mins into the flight, they announced that we were having technical difficulties with the plane and that they were turning back to JFK. When we got off and I asked what the problem was, they said that they were having engine malfunctions. ENGINE MALFUNCTIONS! How did they realize that mid-air??? So we get off and while we’re walking to the boarding area, we were told that the next plane was “ready to go!” It wasn’t and we waited another 30 mins to board.

Meanwhile, my friend and I are worried about missing the connecting flight in Panama to Belize City AND the other flight we have scheduled with another airline from Belize City to San Pedro where our hotel is. But they assure us that it will be fine and we receive an email about how our flight in Panama is delayed, so we are temporarily relieved. But then 10 mins after getting on the plane, an employee comes to us and says “you two are going to Belize? Yea, you’re not going to make it there. The plane in Panama is not waiting for any more passengers, they are leaving.” So we ask if they can just put us on another flight in Panama to Belize and they say “Oh Copa only flies to Belize every 4 days.” So we would be stuck in Panama for 4 days! My friend and I are livid, we get off the plane and demand a refund and our checked bags.

After another 10 mins of the employees trying to find us and the other 5 passengers that were also going to Belize another flight (although we’ve made it clear that we want a refund and our checked luggage so we can go home NOW), they tell us and the 5 other passengers that our luggage is on the plane...that just left to Panama. So WE got off the plane but our bags were left on the plane! How did they not take our bags off the plane although 7 passengers in total had to get off because of their mistake! The incompetency was out of this world! I am a photographer and had thousands of dollars of equipment in my bag and another person had cancer medication in his bag. We were told that it could take 1-3 days to get our bag but there was no way to know. I completely lost my mind. How in the hell did they do this??

I then asked about my refund because at this point, we lost our money with the hotel reservation, we lost our money with the next flight from Belize City to San Pedro since we can’t even get to Belize at all now, and we lost the money we spent for Ubers to the airport and the ridiculous amount spent on nasty airport food. But apparently we have to speak to someone on the website to get a refund, there’s no phone number or department in the airport to speak to.

I’m writing this review one day after the incident and I still have yet to receive my bag OR the screwed up itinerary with all of Copa’s changes to our flight. And to make matters worse, when we checked our flight on their My Flights website page, it had the nerve to say the flight to Panama was arriving “On Time”. On time! 2 hours later! Yet it says on time! Copa Airlines is by far the worst airline I have ever flown and the fact that even an employee said that we’d have better luck receiving a refund through our bank than through Copa is extremely telling of their greed and disregard to customer needs. Do nots waste your money on this airline.

Copa Airlines Company Information