3.1/5 (540 ratings)

About Copa Airlines

Copa Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Copa Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Copa Airlines?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

I usually don't write reviews but after reading so many bad reviews I thought I would leave mine. Since I've never flown on Copa airlines I was reading reviews I was just curious. Honestly I was very hesitant with flying with this airline. There were many bad reviews. I must say I had a good experience flying from Medellin Colombia to San Jose Costa Rica. Customer service was good at the counter and also the flight was nice and comfortable and the flight attendants took care of everyone with beverages and snacks. Everybody that I dealt with was very courteous.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

Copa Airlines, the worst airline I have traveled with, customer service is disgusting, the lack of responsibility towards travelers, who pay their salaries, is nil. I will never travel with this airline again. After the flight is delayed because there is no runway at the Panama airport, they send it to another airport to refuel and finally arrive in Panama more than 3 hours late, and the traveler misses the connection, and the only thing say you is "We are very sorry, I reschedule your connection for the next day, but it is not our problem where you spend the night", and also the luggage never reached the final destination with the passengers, until more than 36 hours after the passenger arrived to its final destination, the luggage finally appears.

The flight starts in Medellín Colombia on November 11 at 1:10 pm, with an itinerary of: Medellín Panama by Copa, Panama, Houston by United Airlines, and Houston, San Diego by United, to arrive on the 11th at 11:55 pm. And we arrived on the 12th at 11:55 pm. 24 hours of total delay and without luggage, which they deliver until Monday the 14th at 6 pm. Disgust of a company, which puts the name of Panama very badly. The entire floor of the airport is very dirty, the security personnel have a very despotic attitude, it seems that one is in a concentration camp, the seats are very very uncomfortable, in short, a very bad experience at that airport and with Copa Airlines.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2022

I had to cancel my flight due to Covid positive results 24hr before the flight. Everything was going well at the beginning when we cancelled the flight/ticket, because we have been informed that they will refund. However, after almost 40 days later I have been informed that CAPA Airlines will not refund. This action is not fair at all.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2022

Flight was 2 1/2 hours delayed, so Copa knew well in advance there were tons of missed connections in Panama City. They didn't have a SINGLE employee at the gate to help passengers, not even a sign telling passengers where to rebook. They have TWO customer "service" people rebooking a huge line of people. Stood in line for FOUR HOURS after being told on 3 different phone calls that Copa couldn't rebook us over the phone, and we had to stand in line. NO LINE FOR BUSINESS CLASS PASSENGERS. Waited for 4 hours, with NO FOOD NOR WATER, only to be told to go to a hotel for 4 days until we could take the next flight out. What a nightmare and I've never seen such an incompetent airline

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

I've flown with Copa Airlines on a couple of occasions. The aircrafts have on both occasions been modern and either new or revamped with good air circulation. Value for money trumps many Latin American airlines such as Avianca for sure. The main issue to beware is the customer service. My selected window seat in order to sleep was reassigned without my knowledge or consent. I discovered at the gate that I was reassigned a middle seat and my prior seat given away despite holding a ticket for that seat. On the aircraft I was told that I could ask someone to switch seats (obviously I refused to do that!) and then told I had the option of getting off the aircraft! I emailed the customer service department following the flight and they responded with waffle. Terrible service at every juncture. And this for a frequent flyer with platinum status on a partner airline so who knows how much worse they perform for others.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

DO NOT FLY COPA AIRLINES. I REPEAT, DO NOT. Completely unprofessional staff in both Punta Cana and Panama airport. Our flight was delayed 4 hours in Punta Cana due to Hurricane Fiona which was totally acceptable. I would not want to fly in bad weather so this decision was well respected and appreciated. The real issue came with the lying staff that works at the airport. I was told in the airport that our connecting flight in Panama to Miami will also be delayed so that we can make it to Miami same day. They proceeded to say that because it is weather related Copa works well with their customers and makes arrangements to delay connecting flights if needed. We were ASSURED that we would get home same day. I traveled with my husband and three minor children, 10 yrs old, 6 yrs old, and 4 MONTHS OLD. We checked in ALL of our luggage, including the infant's stroller, straight to Miami.

Well upon arrival in Panama we were instructed to make huge lines to speak to Copa staff at the counter. Upon seeing this and carrying my baby I walked to the front of the line and spoke to the Supervisor, Yaneska, and asked for assistance since I had a 4 month. Well Yaneska was clearly frustrated and in a bad mood and took that out on me and my family. She told me to look behind at the line and that I needed to make the line. Well I told her that I take priority because of the baby as it had been the entire vacation while traveling. She told me to sit down that she would be with me whenever she could. About 15 minutes went by, me standing there with my 4-month-old baby, and she NEVER once looked my way nor did she assist.

Finally the other staff member next to her called me over. We then were hit with the surprise that their were no other flights leaving that night and that we would be leaving the next day. At this time I asked for a hotel stay and she responded "Copa doesn't cover hotel stay due to weather delays". At this point I was livid. After paying $1800 for our flights, checking in our bags and stroller to Miami because of incompetent staff, standing at 11pm in the Panama airport with NO clothes, NO baby food, NO diapers, NO NOTHING, and being told "we needed to figure it out on our own" is plain disrespectful.

I then wrote a complaint to Copa via email and spoke to Juan **, Customer Service Analyst, which did absolutely NOTHING despite the awful experience and treatment that I received with my family. NO ONE in this company had regards for my family and I and especially ZERO empathy for my 4 month old baby. As such I will NEVER fly Copa again and I will make sure to leave reviews on every website possible to ensure this gets out to as many people as possible.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

I arrived 3h early with my E-ticket ready and the forms filled out. Once at the counter the lady asked for the health and the migration forms. I had to filled the whole thing again and wasted 1h aside the line with other people doing the same and we couldn’t get the forms done. I asked for the paper option and the answer was NO. So I had to relay on my phone and the signal. After finally done, I had to wait in line again. Once they checked my luggage they said it was overweight and asked me to pay $100 for it. After a second I gave my card I changed my mind and told to her that I will check my hand bag and pay $50 (using my check bag as a regular luggage to put the excess weight in it). She said that She already had charged $100 and couldn’t return.

Then the Colombian Manager lady came and instead of helping, she came with an attitude and started bullying on my “scratched” luggage telling me that I had to sign a paper stating that if my bag breaks was not their fault! Then started picking on my hand bag looking for reasons to avoid helping and telling me: "You can pay your $50, but you need to claim the $ 100 to see if I can get reimbursement," do the whole line and lose my plane because two hours were past. I ended paying $100, I feel robbed and humiliated by that manager attitude and overpowering behavior, which was very contagious to the other employees. As a businesswoman, I would never let any of my coworkers take this airline again and neither my family. A Latino company that bullies its own people instead of treating them with respect and help. What a shame!

Original review: July 31, 2022

It's no use for Copa Airlines to invest in marketing if the support staff at Tucumem airport humiliates its passengers. Never, in my 68 years of age and dozens of trips around the world, have I been so mistreated in a simple flight. After a 7-hour flight and a 8-hour stopover, at the boarding gate, I was mistreated and humiliated by a staff totally unprepared to deal with customers. They just learned to treat cattle and don't just know how to deal with consumers. They only think that with the authority given to them, they have the right to mistreat and humiliate people.

For my part, it was my first and last time I used Copa, because I'm not cattle and I demand respect, because I paid the ticket and I deserve to be treated with respect, which I didn't. Also, I will warn as many friends and acquaintances as possible to avoid the Cup, as people in Tucumem do not know the difference between a passenger with rhinitis and a dangerous terrorist. So they treat everyone like a terrorist.

Original review: July 25, 2022

I traveled from IAD to Panamá with a final destination of Costa Rica. The food service excellent and the personnel magnificent. Definitely this airline will be my first choice from now on. All the personalized attention was.

Original review: May 18, 2022

The airline decides to change our original departure/return times, and we call trying to adjust our flights accordingly a normal procedure for most flights. Copa Air is the biggest scam I've witnessed they basically switched one of our flights to profit off of us by giving us an undesirable flight at 2 am and when we called to correct it "MIND YOU WITHIN THE HOUR OF THIS CHANGE GOING THROUGH ON THEIR SIDE" they tried to charge us an exorbitant fee of "$3000" to return our original departure time of 3pm. I explained I have an exam that morning and that I physically can not take the flight that they changed it to. This has to be the worst airline I've ever witnessed. Spirit airline is better. Instead I am forced to pay 300 and rebook with American Airlines instead. Disgrace of an airline.

Copa Airlines Company Information