1.31/5

88 Comfort Suites Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 19, 2019

This has been the worst experience ever. I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Elkridge, Md. I’m currently pregnant and my husband and I stayed there for a quick anniversary get away since I am late in my 3rd trimester. This hotel charged us twice for our room in error and said it will take 3-5 business days to receive the money they took in error. I Jean the front desk clerk told me it wasn’t her fault I used a debit card to book my reservation. I call customer relation and was put on hold for an hour only for no one to help me. This has made me very upset as the money that they took was allotted for something else. This has ruined my anniversary and my entire experience and I will never stay here again or any other Choice hotel.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I will NEVER stay at this hotel again! Three hours after checking out, I received an email alert from my credit card company showing that a new $250 charge was made to my account by the hotel. I immediately called the hotel back to inquire about the charge and was told by the front desk clerk that they charged me for "violation of their non-smoking policy". I am not, and never have been, a smoker! I cannot stand to around smoke! I always choose a hotel that states it is a non-smoking facility. I avoid any restaurants and other businesses that allow smoking. I do not allow smoking in my home or vehicle. I even avoid visiting relatives who smoke. During my call to the hotel, I told them that I did not smoke and there was no one else who came into my room and smoked. I was told that the manager is the one who had initiated the charge.

I asked to speak to the manager and was told that she wasn't in. I was transferred to her number and I left a voice message when she didn't answer. I tried again later and when my calls were not not returned, I sent emails requesting to be contacted. After a couple days, I called and emailed the corporate offices of Choice Hotels. Those who answered my calls and returned emails politely told me they were "sorry my stay was not satisfactory" but that "since the hotels are individually owned" there was nothing they could do and the decision regarding the charge was up to the hotel manager and out of their hands!

Finally, after several days, the hotel manager called me and stated corporate headquarters had contacted her about my complaint. She stated that she personally checks every room after a customer checks out and that there was a "strong odor of cigarette smoke" in the room I had occupied and she "had to have the room deep cleaned" because of it. I told her I was being wrongly accused, that there had been absolutely NO smoking in that room between the time I checked in and checked out. When she insisted that someone had smoked in the room, I said if she indeed smelled smoke, perhaps it was coming from another room, or outside the window, or perhaps it was a possibility that an employee had smoked in the room before she entered. She very adamantly stated that no employee was allowed in the rooms until after she had checked them. She refused to remove the charge.

I called my credit card company and told them I wanted to dispute the charge. After a few days, I received a letter from them stating that they had CONDITIONALLY reversed the charge to my account and that they had sent an inquiry to the hotel manager who would have 30 days to respond and provide proof that the charge was valid.

When I contacted my credit card company after more than 60 days had passed, I was told that they had received NO RESPONSE from the hotel manager and, therefore, the charge was permanently removed from my account. Finally! After more than FOUR MONTHS of my time spent on phone calls and emails (along with the emotional strain, aggravation, frustration, and lost sleep) because I had been falsely accused and charged for something I did not do! So, because of this incident, I will never stay at this hotel again and, if given any other option, I will not stay at another Choice Hotel again!

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 15, 2019

My teen daughter was flying home with a stop in Dallas. Her flight was cancelled and the airline booked 9 rooms in this hotel for those people cancelled and gave them vouchers. Upon check in my daughter gave them her debit card as they said they had to have it for incidentals! Upon looking at her account early the next morning I saw they had charged her $200+ which was taken out of her account and thrown her into overdraft.

I rushed. I put $350 in her bank account and called her to tell her to take care of it. She spoke with them and they told her “they didn’t see it”. I told her to check out and I would call them later that day. As time was approaching for her to check out at noon I checked her account to get the exact amount before calling. They had charged and saw they had AGAIN charged her debit card $200+ and a second time sent her into overdraft! I called and spoke to the general manager and was yet again told they couldn’t see it. This left my daughter with $20 to survive on for the next 6 hours was she waited for her plane!!! This isn’t enough for anyone less own a type 1 diabetic who has eat and use insulin to live!!!!

Fortunately I called my bank and since I have names with them for 20 years they reversed one of the charges and I had her draw out all of that money immediately from an ATM. I ended up going to my bank once she got home and the 2nd charge was credited back 3 or 4 days later. UNFORTUNATELY that isn’t the end. Today I checked her account and almost a week later the SAME hotel charged $328 to her card!!!! Of course their same excuse is “we don’t see it”. I called the corporate complaint number and their answer was that each hotel bills through their own system and I just received a call from the hotel saying they can’t get my card out of their system and I “need to cancel it or it will keep charging!!! WTH???

Original review: April 12, 2019

I travel 100% of the time for my business. For the last few years I have been a loyal customer of the Choice Hotel brand. I stay at their Comfort Suites properties exclusively. As of this date I will no longer be a customer. Tomorrow I am filing a consumer complaint with the Texas Attorney General's Office of Consumer Affairs and here is why.

I have experienced a few of the complaints, that I have been reading about this company, and up until now I have felt that the good outweighed the bad, until tonight. I checked into the Comfort Suites in Benbrook, TX. this evening. It was my second stay here. Upon check in I ask for the same rate that I had been given before. The lady that I was talking to, who was checking me in, was nice and professional.

However, a younger lady walked up behind her and interjected herself into our conversation and she was very "curt" and somewhat belligerent. She informed me that she could not authorize a discount, even though I was only asking for the same rate that I was given just a few weeks ago, this did not matter. She informed me that if I wanted to stay there that the rate was not negotiable and that if I wanted a different rate that I would have to speak to the property manager the next day. Even though she was still going to charge my credit card for the regular rate.

I tried to speak to the lady that was trying to check me in and each time this other employee continued to interject herself into the conversation. She was rude and beginning to be obnoxious. I told her that I wanted her name and her manager's name at which point she told me that "was fine and that I could have it". I told her that she had a lot to learn about customer service and that I was calling their corporate office and filing a complaint against her because of her attitude and she told me that she did not care. She processed my credit card for the standard rate for two days because I was checking out on Friday. Whenever I got to my room I checked my credit card account to verify the amount authorized which was accurate to what I was quoted. About 20 minutes after arriving in my room I received a phone call on the hotel phone from the front desk asking if everything was okay with my room and to let them know if I needed anything.

About one hour later I received a call from the property manager, even though I was told that she could not be contacted until the next business day, supposedly! The property manager ask me to tell her what had transpired during my check in and I explained the entire situation. She apologized for the employee's behavior and I told her that she may consider some additional training for this young lady in customer service and how to better handle a dispute involving a customer. She then informed me that I needed to go back down to the front desk and pay for my two days stay! I informed her that I had already paid for the two days and that I had verified this through my credit card online account. She told me that she was going to check on this to verify that and that she would call me back within the hour.

She called me back about two hours later and informed me that my credit card had been declined and that I needed to take care of this because she could not allow me to stay without paying for the two days. THIS IS FRAUDULENT! I have proof that they had been authorized by my bank, for this amount for the two days, upon check in. The manager even ask me to use another credit or debit card to take care of these charges! I packed up all of my belongings even though I was dressed for bed. It was a little after 9:00 CDT.

I went down to the desk and questioned this same employee that I had a dispute with about why they were claiming that my card was declined when she had processed my card for the two days upon check in and the authorization had been given? I even showed her on my phone where this amount had been authorized by my credit card company to Comfort Suites, and it even had the time stamp on it, and that it was not declined and all she would say was "your card was declined". She stated this about three times and I informed her that her company had better reverse the charges back to my credit card that had been authorized to them. She would not engage in an intelligent conversation concerning this matter. She only repeated what she had already said which was your card was declined. THIS IS A LIE. It was not declined and they were given an authorization for the two days room charge and I have proof of that!

I had to find another motel at 9:30 at night without a reservation. To say that I am livid is an understatement!!! I plan on calling my credit union as soon as they open in the morning to hopefully stop this transaction from being paid. In addition Comfort Suites has tied up $189.10 of my credit card line of credit. This may seem a little amount to some but it's not to me. The amount is not as important as the principle of this situation! This is ridiculous! Tip for consumers: Conduct due diligence on this company! I didn't until tonight when I experienced my own problem with this them. I highly recommend that you not stay at any of their properties!!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I will never stay in this hotel again. The heat did not work but blew out cold air constantly. There was not working exhaust in the bathroom. The breakfast was the worst I have ever tasted. The TV offered a feeds that did not fit the screens. We could only see part of the words on the bottom of the picture.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comfort Suites?

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Love that they are dog friendly. But they should give quality treats to the dogs instead of Ol' Roy. This brand is low quality & always recalled. The sheets don't get washed everyday. Hair dryer didn't work. Glad I brought mine. The room we were in looked like there may have been a camera in the bathroom, a hole was cut all around the overhead light, and one in the smoke alarm. This disturbed me. I do hope you check these out & make our stay as private as possible!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Avoid this hotel if at all possible. The room was extremely dirty - sheets stained, shower rusty, and overall dated. The check-in process was pleasant and the lady at the front desk was kind and helpful. However, based on the condition of the room I would not recommend that anyone stay here. The general manager requested I contact him via email after I left a review on Google and TripAdvisor to which I did and received no reply. I have never been somewhere so filthy!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Stay Away from Comfort Suites in Lawton Oklahoma. Upon Checking in to our room, we noticed the sofa in the room was broken and sits leaning to one side, the Microwave is broken and leaning to one side, the toilet runs all the time, the walls in the bathroom are nasty and need maint. The shower is dirty, and housekeeping refused to clean, there is mold and such growing in the bathroom, and the shower has never been cleaned in a very very long time. OMG. Try to get clean towels. I got to the point, I checked out 2 days early, just because they refuse to clean the bathroom, and repair the furniture or the running toilet. This place is a total rip off joint, and the bad thing is they refuse to keep the rooms in the proper condition to rent to people.

Stay away from the breakfast buffet, it's dirty, cold nasty eggs and over grease bacon, that's sitting in grease, with spilled food all over the food area, and never cleaned. I have pictures of everything, and will be contacting the inspector to check this place, and FT Sill, since they get a lot of military staying there, that may change after the pictures I am going to send Fort Sill that allow folks to stay there with this piss poor cleaning and rip off service.

Original review: July 8, 2018

I stayed in the Comfort Suites Inn in Allentown for 3 hours and it was the worst 3 hours of my life. I have been in car accidents and the US Armed Forces but this 3 hours in this deplorable hotel was beyond bad. I wasn't even awake. I slept because I wasn't feeling well and I was in the room of a friend, who was staying there for a 2 day stay. I feel asleep on the pull out sofa bed and awoke to bites on my body. I saw the Dr the next day and he told me I had bug bites. I notified the hotel management and was hung up on. After calling back, the GM of this rank hotel, a Mr. **, cursed at me and told me what a fine hotel he had and this was after I told him of my experience. He outright lied to me. He told me that after receiving the complaint from corporate, who I called first, he had the room completely emptied and the professional bug people come in and debug the room. What a lie.

A friend works there and told me that none of this happened. I then called the owner of this hotel, Joshi Hotel Group, a few days later and the person who answered was a man who identified himself as Victor. He sounded polite and listened and told me to call back in a few days after he discussed the problem with his boss. A few days later the phone number is disconnected. What a bunch of losers these people are. They pretend to help but the only thing they do is cover their tracks and lie to customers. I suggest no one gets a room in this stank hole of fungus hotel EVER. When the supervisors curse and lie to customers, it's easy to figure out what else goes on in this stank place. I tried to handle this in a professional manner but they wanted to handle this like a bunch of kids playing in mud. Further reviews to come on this rat hole of a hotel and the hotel group bums that owns it.

Original review: June 30, 2018

Arrived at 3 pm and room was warm; turned on air conditioning and left. Returned and found out at 11 at night that the air conditioning may or may not sound like it was running, but it was not cold (or even cool) air. Phone didn't work, so I had to go down to the front desk. Unfortunately for us, there were no rooms to change to with 2 queen beds. They informed us that our choice (this is a hotel with Choice Hotels) was to leave without charge or stay in a 77-degree room with full charge.

They suggested opening the blinds, closing the blinds, turning the fan from on to auto, and they would 'leave a note' for the morning people. There was no empathy and their sincerity for sympathy was delivered as a well-rehearsed (obviously repeated often) "I'm sorry, but there is nothing I have the ability to do for you". $100+ night stay and the outside Florida temperature is 76 degrees but Comfort Suites is happy to welcome you with a 77-degree room. Carpet was worn in areas.

Original review: June 29, 2018

Awesome Stay, June 2018. This hotel is extremely friendly and clean. Very comfortable rooms, quiet atmosphere, you won't hear trucks rumbling by, and the staff is very friendly, professional, and helpful. The cleaning staff is tops, the rooms are very clean, and daily maintenance if spot on. Breakfast is yummy, and always perfect. The location is great, I had to come for business for DAU, only 10 minutes away, and right across from the Air Force National Museum. Several eateries nearby, and shopping within minutes. No traffic, quiet, clean and friendly, what more could you want in a stay. I would definitely stay here again, and recommend to anyone coming to Wright Patterson. I would give 10 stars if they would let me.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

These people are crooks!!! Made reservations at a Comfort Suites 131 Big John Rd 29906 near Parris Island to see my daughter graduate but she was injured and got delayed. The website said no cancellations or refunds but $125 will be charged to your card the day after your check in day if you don't check in... Ok that's fine. But I wake up the next morning and they took the full balance of our stay. We call corporate and they tell us they will refund us the 256. Ok great. It will take 5-7 days. Fine. 9 days later nothing... we call... "Oh we can't refund the money..." What? After arguing with Choice Hotels corporate they will refund us and will take another 5-7 days. So, an hour after hanging up with them they take another $86.05 out of our account for a hold deposit for damages on a room we never stayed in... that's fraud!!! Stay away from this company!!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Great place and friendly service. Close to town approx 2 miles. They have hot breakfast in mornings, swimming pool, hot tub and fitness center. Secure rooms pass key to enter, and easy to get in and out of. Loved our stay at the one in French Lick Indiana and will go back this summer!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

I stayed at hotel for two months while working at hotel next door. While I was there I ordered a cell phone to be delivered to hotel. I received phone. On August 29 I ordered another cell. The shipping address was still Comfort Suites. I live in Arizona so the phone was sent to Fort Worth. I called the Comfort Suites in Fort Worth Texas and talked to the manager. He told me he had the package there. I told him I would send a postage paid and addressed to me package to put the cell phone in and send it to me. He agreed. I sent the postage paid to the hotel. I waited 4 days. I called the front desk talked to lady at desk. She told me she had postage paid envelope with my address on it and also the package with my cell phone there in front of her. I asked if she could put the phone in the envelope and send it to me. She said she would do that. I received an empty envelope in the mail.

I called the Manager and told him I have an empty envelope. He told me he was not sure how that happened but he still had the original package with the cell phone and he would send that to me. He would take care of this himself. He wrote down my address and told me it will be sent! A week went by - no phone! I called him back. He told me the lady had sent me the phone in the envelope I had sent. That was a LIE. He had told me he had the package when I called and told him of the empty envelope. I am checking records with USPO. They have records of weight of package sent to me. It was empty. I will press all charges against Comfort Suites, the manager, all involved.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Comfort Suites 901 Dick Rd Buffalo NY - My husband and I stayed at this hotel from 9-14 - 9/17 2017. We requested double beds. We had a 16yr old with us. Guess what -- we got a king bed with a let out couch. We complained but no double rooms were available that night. The next day our room was changed for an additional $40. We broke out in a lot of bumps that changed to whelps. ALL OF US. We are now itching with BED BUG BITES. Please Beware. The bed bugs with get you. We left our clothes in the garage the night we returned home and then straight to the washer. Who wants to bring bed bugs home from a hotel stay.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

My family and I stayed at the Comfort Suites San Diego Miramar on 09/02/ 2017. It was the worst experience ever. The weather was at 104 degrees, and the suite I was given, had an A/C that was not functioning. The maintenance person went in to fix it, but it did not work. I had asked for another room, but the hotel was over booked. They didn't have extra rooms available. We were told by maintenance, that we would get a fan, but it never came. We found out the next morning that the previous guests had stayed 2 days in the same room and were switched over to another room with a working AC.

Our room was not supplied with bath towels and I had to ask for some. The sofa bed mattress had stains on it, and so did the carpet. The next morning, we were greeted by cockroaches. One was about 2 inches long. I had to make sure I shook every item and clothing I had, so I wouldn't bring one home. On my check out, I complained about my stay. I was told that my phone number and information would be handed over to the manager. I would definitely not stay here again.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

My 3 daughters and 2 granddaughters and I rented a room for two nights. When we first got into the room, one of my daughters stepped on a piece of glass, slicing her toe open. So the desk clerk was really nice and had them come vacuum the room. Before they arrived with the vacuum, I found another piece of glass. When the man was done vacuuming, I figured that would be the end of it. But no, then we found a piece of glass under the sheet and blanket on the bed. That was a red flag - they don't change sheets after every guest. Yuck!!!

Original review: July 25, 2017

This was the worst experience we have EVER had at a motel; we will never stay at another Choice Hotel. The manager (I think) of the motel was a girl named Talaya. She was rude and uncaring about the fact our room was hot and after 3 hours was NOT cooling down. I asked twice to be moved to another room. After telling her I wanted her name for a review, all of a sudden we got moved to a room with working air conditioning. This girl and another girl named Sandra should not be on a welcoming desk. Not one time did either woman smile or greet us at our comings and goings. Not only that, the motel was dirty with a bad smell and cigarette butts in the hallways. A truly bad experience. NEVER again! I intend posting this review of this particular hotel everywhere I can.

Original review: July 20, 2017

Using Choicehotels.com made reservation for Comfort Suites at 2750 Fortune Circle Indianapolis. IN. Reservation made on Monday Jun 12th 3:30 pm. The reservation was to be for Thursday, June 15th. The hotel received from website reserving for Monday June 12th. With check in time of 3 pm. Got confirmation email on June 12 at 3:32 pm. At this time I noticed a serious water leak and began to work on in crawlspace. So first question, how could I have gotten from my state to this state in time for check in. Wife noticed and I called and talked with rude manager who told me it was my mistake and they have it down as a no show. I asked what proof that I made a mistake, "You got a notification from a website." How do you know it wasn't there by mistake? Didn't make any difference. Wouldn't refund money and was told they are full. So, second thing. If my mistake it is ok to take advantage. Does she teach her children that?

My wife called and talked with choicehotels and they called to get our refund or work something out and they couldn't get anywhere with manager either. After a quick search noticed a few others with similar situation with choicehotels.com and other hotels chains in other parts of country and manager states policy is to keep the money. So my family is out, changes made to our trip for our high functioning Autistic children and had less money to spend. I will never use this website again and will never use sites or any of their sister companies again. Visa wouldn't help us, so guess we'll be switching cards, they claims there is no proof. Well neither does the hotel chain have proof that would work on court but guess companies help each other more than people. Shameful. What goes around will come around.

Original review: July 16, 2017

As I was about to leave the hotel, I noticed my checkbook was missing. I went to breakfast with my husband before checking out and I left my purse in the hotel room. The checkbook was there when I left, but was missing upon leaving which was about a 35 minute time span. My checkbook had $200 in cash, checks, and a credit card. I immediately reported it to the general manager and she did nothing, but try to defend her staff. I know for a fact that I was robbed! Smh... I will never stay at this hotel again! Comfort Suites 264 North Tyndall Parkway Callaway, FL 32404.

Original review: June 29, 2017

We made reservations online, unaware that the reservation could not be canceled or changed or refunded. We were supposed be staying at Comfort Suites for a closing on our home near Rainbow Springs FL. The woman we were buying our house from got sick so the closing date had to be changed and gave them plenty of notice and Comfort Suites would not take into consideration the woman sickness and would not help us at all re-schedule. They did not have any compassion at all! This company is very unpleasant to deal with and they kept our $600.00 and would not help us one bit. Never again will we use them and this is a warning to those who are considering staying there!

Original review: June 13, 2017

Party of 4 Arrived Thursday June 8th after a 8 hr drive from Dallas TX at 3:30 pm, We rested couple hrs then hit the island to take in what the island has to offer which isn't much. The very next Morning we went to beach which we had "Exclusive Access" walk to beach from the hotel. We packed night before beverages and food to make a day of it. We spent about 3 hrs on beach while eating, snacking, drinking. Unannounced to me there Is a "Law" for NO GLASS which I did have a SIX PACK in cooler.

We were Confronted by a very rude man in a Padre Island City ordinance truck asking about 1 bottle sitting in the arm rest, keep in mind none laying on ground. He then explained himself that they are signs everywhere on island and!!! EVERY HOTEL!!! I then asked him to call his supervisor and they didn't arrive till 30 mins later. I received same info. Listen to this A UNIFORMED POLICE OFFICER told me "relax sir it's only 1 bottle. I have seen people get away with 20.00 fine in court." I then asked him to follow me to room to get my wallet. He said that wasn't needed. Just to give him my address, name, and social #. I complied only because of what officer said and my family was all packed up and standing in hot sand.

We proceeded back to hotel same exact way we came down looking for these "signs". Nowhere to be found walk way nor Comfort suites, Interior or exterior. I then asked to speak with a manager. She wasn't in. I asked Front desk guy "Hugo" questions about signs. He didn't know any information at all. I then asked when the manager would be in. He replied that he didn't know. Next morning after breakfast at hotel we went to gift shop across the street. May spent about a hour. Upon return we noticed Worker from our hotel zip tying a SIGN to the very door we first took to the beach that read "NO GLASS ANYTHING ON BEACH"... Now anyone in their right state of mind and does not need problems like 500.00 tickets correct?

I asked him how long since they didn't have the sign or was it new? He said sign has not been there for week.. So I finally spoke with manager. A female Hispanic that was beyond rude not helpful at all. I simply asked about their sign policy she cut me off and said there is no policy and its courteous from Comfort Suites to customers.. Ok so a customer that just paid 1100.00 for 4 days or any customer is not important to you? She replied that they are not responsible and said they could not in any way discount anything for the troubles of a PAYING customer. I then asked for corporate office info and ended the conversation with her... Buyer beware. Very rude staff, Stale faces, Incoherent, Overpriced, Pool is very very small. I am going higher up even if I need to contact news agency. I have videos and pics on bridges, roads, hotels.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

After traveling 9 hours in my car, my sister and I arrived at Comfort Suites in Nacogdoches, Texas at 3:12 pm on December 24, 2016. It was so hot in the lobby and hallway I almost lost my breath. We checked in and went to the room and left to go celebrate Christmas Eve with my son and his family. After returning back to the hotel later that evening, we went to our room and proceeded to get ready for bed. I had my pj's on and made the bed down to see a dark stain on the bottom sheet. I picked it up to examine it to see what it was, but it disappeared. I let go of it and the stain appeared again, so I raised the bottom sheet to look and the mattress pad and there was blood on it. It was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen in my life. I immediately called the front desk and the guy told me that he could me us to another room. I took him up on his offer, even though I was so very tired and frustrated.

He gave us another room on the same floor and I looked it over good, I thought. We went to bed and the next morning (Christmas Day) we noticed that the ceiling had ladybugs on it. When we left to go back to my son's house on Christmas Day, I stopped by the front desk and told the clerk about the ladybug and he said he could move us to yet another room. I didn't take him up on that offer because I didn't feel that the ladybugs would pose a threat to us. I ask to speak to the manager, Renee **, but he told me that she wasn't in yet. That was at 10 am. That night when we arrived back, I stopped by the front desk again and ask to speak to the manager. The clerk told me that she wasn't there, but would be there the next morning.

The next morning, Monday, 12/26, I went to the front desk on my way out again and ask for the manager. The clerk told me she wasn't there, but would be there later that day. That night when we arrived back, I ask to speak to the manager again, but she wasn't there but would be there the next morning. The next morning (Tuesday, Dec.27) was when we were to check out. I went to check out and ask to speak to the manager, but she told me that she wasn't there, so I left a message for her to call me back. The clerk assured me that the manager would call me that day, but she didn't.

I called again today and the clerk told me that she wasn't in, but that she did give her my message and would give her my message again. All I wanted to do is to let her know about the problems I had and to possibly have a discount for my 3 night stay. I told the clerk that I will never stay with that chain again. Oh, I went on their website to write my review, but it is impossible to get to it.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

Stayed on Nov 22 until Nov 24. We accidentally left a bag Louis Vuitton bag worth $5.500 brand new and lots of jewelry 18K gold worth $700.00. I went to the hotel the next day, when I found out we left the bag on the floor after we dragging 3 luggage down and 5 coats and lots of shoes. And my BF said "Did bring the brown bag?" I said "We forgot." I call again and again the hotel sometimes I go in person asking the front desk, they no found. It's so sad for dishonest answer. I went to the police department to report. I hope I will get it back. My sentimental value. My bangles bracelet 18k 7 are white gold 18k, 7 are yellow gold 18k. I'm so helpless and I know I did check properly the room before we left in hurry for thanksgiving. I need your help please. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2016

I want to provide the details of the horrible customer service experience my three sisters and I had at Comfort Suites Historic District in Savannah, Georgia during September 23-25, 2016. For the sake of brevity, I will enumerate each issue that we experienced.

1. The hotel reservation staff member initially did not honor the rates I was given when I booked via Expedia.com. I was told that I had to prove to her the rates when I booked per Expedia. When I asked to speak to the "acting manager", he upheld the clerks actions, by saying that he's had trouble with Expedia and that they've asked many guests to show their reservation letters to prove their rates.

2. I discovered that my checking account was charged in error twice after check-in.

3. The room was not cleaned properly; upon entering the room, on the headboard of the bed were multiple finger prints.

4. There was only one shuttle bus. On Friday night we called twice over a span of 20-minute intervals requesting a pick-up to return to the hotel room. We were never picked up, we ended up walking 4-5 blocks back to the hotel.

5. While sitting in the hot tub all of 2 minutes, noticed a ring of dirt around the whole of the tub.

6. Our key cards kept malfunctioning. When we asked to have them recoded, in essence we were scolded and told "you need to make sure that you don't have the card by your cell phone, credit cards."

7. On the last night of our stay, I realized that my card had now been charged four times inappropriately. When asked for an explanation of this matter by the acting manager, she replied "ma'am I can't tell you what happened". She never attempted to resolve this matter or promise to follow-up to find out the cause of the error.

8. Spoke to the acting general manager regarding being asked to prove my room rate, to which he began to tell me that asking for proof of the rate was something they asked many customers to do; and went on to say that reservations are only to hold the room, not the rate.

9. When I attempted to contact the hotel's customer service to complain, was left on hold for a total of 30 minutes and no one ever came to the line.

Original review: June 16, 2016

It's simple. I paid cash for 2 of the 3 nights, the hotel hit my card two and refunded only one. The phone and a/c didn't work, reported to the front desk no action taken. The manager apologized about the billing but didn't resolve issue totally. There were roaches in the room also reported, no action taken. This is typical of hotels that are franchises, the owner don't care about their reputation and always have issues with billing. Beware what you give for payment, if there are issues don't expect to be resolved. Please write any and all complaints against this business in all social media.

Original review: April 9, 2016

Stayed at hotel Nov. 6 & 7, 2015. At checkout on Nov. 8 I paid cash for the entire stay. The debit card I used to secure the reservation was charged twice on Nov. 6 & credited once on Nov. 10. The manager is never there & will not return my calls. I've written emails & letters with no response. I've had bank dispute center working on getting a refund. The manager tells them I received a refund. He seems to overlook the fact that I was charged twice. They informed me last week they are giving up & I need to continue the pursuit myself. I contacted the Choice Hotel's customer relations. I received an email yesterday stating too much time has passed for them to do anything.

Original review: April 8, 2016

I made a reservation but I didn't get a chance to make it to the hotel. But they still charged me a full price of 137.00 plus changes. Or any price at all. And I don't think it's fair. I want my money back. I didn't give the hotel permission to take money from my account. So you know what! Your company suck and unfair. I want my money back. You really suck. I want my money back!!!

Original review: March 21, 2016

We booked a room online for the Comfort Suites/Inn in Pelham, AL. The hotel stunk and the halls had trash and were dirty as we made our way to our room. The room was filthy and didn't seem to have been cleaned from the previous guest. We went down and asked for a refund. The clerk refused saying we would have to go through the online number since we booked online.

The online number said they needed an okay from her to refund our money. She refused to talk to them unless they called her directly. I asked her to write her name down for me as I was going to report her for her rude attitude. She refused telling me that's why she wears a name tag. Her name tag said Keisha. She told me if I called in, all they would tell me is that she is one of their best. She was rude and very condescending. When the online service called her, she repeated her name as LaKeisha. The online service was very nice to deal with, but Keisha told us they were 3rd party.

After coming home, I read reviews that several people have reported filth and bed bugs on this location. I'm thanking my lucky stars that we were able to stay awake to travel further down the road to find a clean and courteous place to stay. I'm not sure which I would give a lower rating to, the filthy room or the rude clerk. Equally disgusting.

Original review: March 12, 2016

Had two rooms at this hotel. After checkout we were charged $162 for smoking in the rooms WHICH WE ABSOLUTELY DID NOT!!! Every front desk employee saw our party EXIT the building and smoke outside NUMEROUS times. Just because there was remnants of cigarettes and cigars in the room, not ONE was lit in the room. If we took the time to exit the building and smoke outside EVERY TIME, why on earth would we smoke in the room? So I take it, because we were a group of ** males. You are RACIST and ASSUMED we smoked in the room. Check the security video as you watch us exit the building each and every time to smoke. So unless you want to be ROBBED by this hotel and treated like 2nd class citizens that think they can get over on you. Do NOT stay here especially if you are **.

Comfort Suites Company Information