2.8/5 (216 ratings)

About Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comfort Suites?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Comfort Suites?

Original review: July 28, 2022

I had a group of underprivileged kids scheduled to stay at the Norwich Mystic Ct hotel..We had to cancel due to the inability to get transportation. The hotel agreed to not charge us, then the manager called me and said they were full so had to charge us. We called back and said they would refund the kids then called back and said they were full so had to charge us,,, These are despicable franchises. Do not support this chain. I am reaching out to everyone I know and asking them to avoid Choice. I ask all to do the same.

Original review: June 5, 2022

This hotel has been used by my family frequently for the last few years. Each stay has become a little worse. After your stay they email you to fill out a survey or review. So I have done that several times and been completely honest about the issues. After all their website says how important and real their reviews are and how they want honest reviews which is why you have to actually have stayed there to leave a review. This week we had reservations & just before check in I received an email from the Kristin ** - General Manager informing me that our reservation has been cancelled without our knowledge and we have been placed on a Do Not Rent list because we left negative reviews. So I went to the hotel and tried to check in. After travelling all day we were told to go find a hotel somewhere else. This is the only hotel in the town, other are 45 miles away.

The "Manager" purposely did this; she purposely waited until the nth hour and took great joy in the power she thinks she has. She is a liar. She put in writing in her email to me that we were put on a Do Not Rent list for negative reviews. But her reply to my Google review says we were put on the Do Not Rent list because we used profanities when we attempted to check in. No profanities were used toward her until she used them toward us. She was screaming at us as we walked out the door. None of the issues have ever been addressed & the hotel has continued to rot & become flea infested with crusty carpet from the pets they allow but without proper cleaning procedures. A tick and several fleas were found that we took to the front desk & they were like oh well. They may have given us some points I can’t remember. Points don’t replace pee poop and bugs.

Upon our next visit (no choice, only hotel in town) we were told that we brought the bugs in the room because we were up there looking at houses & land. So we booked the 2nd floor on our next stay where we believe there are no animals & they allowed a family of children to jump off beds and run relentlessly over our heads without offering to move us & telling us that there is nothing they can do about it. So the next visit we put ourselves on the 3rd floor and we were next to the elevator with people running and screaming at all hours of the night. So for this visit, the one they cancelled on us, we asked to be on the 3rd floor at the end of the hallway. You see we were the ones trying to help ourselves by changing floors and locations because the hotel never did anything to accommodate us EVER.

The staff is rude, except Karen, they have no sense of customer service. That is if you can find them because they are usually outside smoking cigarettes. They hide $2 in addition to your quoted price for a safe in the closet and we couldn’t figure out why it is freezing cold in the room during the day and you have to raise the temp but at night you wake up soaking wet sweating. They turn the air off during the night and sometime early in the morning turn it back on hoping you won’t notice. This is only a small sample of the issues on just a few nights that we have stayed on recent stays. Other times earlier on we stayed without issue other than the AC.

We have stayed at this location maybe 50 times and earned the highest level membership they have, Diamond Elite Status. By the way some bad reviews were of other locations not just this one. One would think they would really want to know in order to make corrections but obviously they want reviews but only good ones.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 17, 2022

I would like to formally complain regarding my stay at the Glendale Comfort Suites. On May 12 the water was shut off in the entire facility for a number of hours without notifying the guests. At 4pm we were attempting to get ready for our evening and dinner reservations only to find the water had been shut off yet again without warning. I went to the front desk to enquire about this and was promptly and aggressively spoken to by the manager of the hotel, a person named Billy **.

He advised me that my choice was to wait, or he offered to check me out of the hotel. I asked him where I could go? He reiterated that we could leave the hotel if we were not happy. There was no apology or attempt to make it right. He basically gave me an ultimatum of take it or leave it. I am not satisfied with this response, and this needs to be addressed.

Secondly, a Cadillac CTS with personalized Arizona cardinal plates was parked in the drop off area all week. This is supposed to be for customers to drop off and pick up. The manager chose to park his vehicle right by the front door which was a major inconvenience twice for us during our 4 night stay. Last I checked, the clients should get the better service and not the manager. Our Uber had to back out of the loop twice and almost got into an accident with cars coming in.

I overheard the manager speaking and bragging to a contractor that he even gets the staff to wash his car while he's there... The manager seems to rule rather than lead, and it was apparent to me that he is incredibly toxic. The complete lack of care for customer service and lack of appropriate management took what would have been a nice stay and made it acrimonious and left a bad taste in my mouth. I expect someone from customer care to contact me to get this addressed as soon as possible, and I will not stop emailing until I receive an apology and some attempt for your company to make it right.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

My experience with this hotel was horrible. We did check in early however, my daughter had a basketball game so we left. When we return the we spent time in the pool. When we returned to our room (421) to prepare for the night. We noticed that bugs were everywhere. On the light fixtures, curtains, walls and ceiling. I called down to the front desk to explain to them that we would like to check out. The front desk clerk (Crystal) at the time understood. She tried to offer another room, but I declined. She (Crystal) did say that the hotel had been having problems with bugs. She at the time said that she would refund us our money.

I’m not sure what happen between the time I called and came down stairs to check out. But she advised me that she could not give me my money back because I had went through a third person. When I called Booking they understood, but unfortunately told me that the property itself should refund me. After calling them multiple times and my card being charged twice. They (Anna) called the cops on me for harassment. I absolutely will never stay at this property or any comfort suites ever again. I have pictures to prove my case.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I've been a loyal customer for years, now all of a sudden, I get a 250 dollar fee taking out my account and I never, once, smoked inside the hotel. Then they lied in me, and tried to bully me. They just lost a honest customer and I want my money back, never again Comfort Suites in Cincinnati North!!!!

Original review: April 12, 2021

We have stayed in motels in the Comfort Chain and have usually been very satisfied. If there was a problem we pointed it out and it was taken care of. We have found the rooms to be clean and comfortable.

Original review: April 1, 2021

The rooms are clean and the employees are friendly near the ex and the hotels are pet friendly. Rooms are spacious. Exercise room equipment are clean and available. The pool are clean. Easy access to restaurants and shopping centers.

Original review: March 31, 2021

Arrived late at night and was greeted by a wonderfully friendly, helpful attendant, who provided me with a room at lightning speed. The room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. I wasn't sure that a room would be available that late.

Original review: March 30, 2021

I love the fact that they do offer free breakfast, but that breakfast is so boring. Eggs, sausage, options of same cereals. I just skip the free breakfast because it’s not tempting at all. I love to have option like a wrap for breakfast, egg cheese or sausage biscuit. I sure don’t stay there for free breakfast. Their rooms are very comfortable.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Very clean, accommodating as well as safe. The staff were anniversary and beyond during my stay, I felt comfortable traveling alone; checking in, walking to and from my car...I would recommend highly. My room was spotless as well as the lobby, lounge and public washrooms... Very satisfied!! Thank you.

Comfort Suites Company Information