Club Med

Stars Rating

• 19%
  • 81%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Club Med?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Club Med?
    Sales & MarketingPunctuality & Speed

Reviewed May 24, 2024

Our last family vacation with ClubMed at Miches location in the Dominican Republic was an absolute disaster. The location and the Club are great. The ClubMed advertising, marketing and management are deceitful, dishonest and appalling. Our 5 months early and fully paid booking was unclear when we arrived with 6 young kids after long flights on a Saturday evening, until 11pm. We were stranded at their reception and ultimately forced to pay additional unjustified money. Then we were asked repeatedly during our "quality vacation" to provide endless proofs of transactions that were already completed.

The local management is atrocious, opaque and incompetent. They kept referring us to the US headquarters, during a long weekend when they are unreachable! ClubMed then engaged in a 3 months' discussion. Placed additional unexplained, false charges to our credit card and refused to compensate us for lost time, aggravation and a terrible experience. Be aware of their super cumbersome and unclear marketing and management!

Reviewed April 20, 2024

This review is for the booking experience. Membership fees are added to every trip and are good for 1 year. I travelled to a Club Med club twice in 11 months and was charged membership fee each time despite the fact that memberships are good for a year.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed March 26, 2024

We spent a few nights in Club Med Ixtapa. The second day of our stay a woman and a man were attacked by a crocodile in the water in front of the Club Med beach. The man died instantly. Club Med closed the beach for the next few days so we couldn’t enjoy our vacation which we booked to enjoy the beach. 6 minutes walk from Club Med there is a river with lots of crocodiles which are abundant and not much of fences around them so they can get into the ocean very easy.

Reviewed Dec. 28, 2023

I was a guest at Club Med Ixtapa from December 10 - 17, 2023. Management told staff NOT to tell guests about shark killing of one guest and maiming of another on December 14, 2023 at 9:15 am. Management also told staff not to tell guests the water was not safe. No staff informed me the water wasn't safe when I entered the water in the exact location of the attack several hours later. When I demanded to know why Club Med management did not officially inform guests of the attack and unsafely I was told that management had other priorities. When I informed Club Med Corporate of the problem in a detailed timeline they said it was not their responsibility to inform me or guests.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Oct. 15, 2023

We booked 5 nights at Club Med Turks and Caicos. Left resort 3 days early because I got food poisoning from the sausage at their breakfast buffet. It was a very bad experience that I would not wish on anyone! Told the staff and they offered no help or any type of refund. Never again at Club Med!

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Sept. 22, 2023

We went to Club Med in Turks and Caicos, don't know if there's more than 1. It seemed as if it was being managed by teenagers, service was horrible, food ok but not great. It was old, desperate need of repair/updates and in addition we woke up at 3:0] a.m. to a maid and a man in our bathroom, lied and said they were there to repair plumbing, we weren't having any plumbing problems, #1 why the middle of night.

#2 if it was true, why weren't we informed and why were they going thru our bags that were in bathroom, I know they were cause everything was laying on counter. My guess is they were planning to rob us as we slept but I woke up and woke up my husband. Of course they ran out the door, we talked to management a few hours later but of course all we could say is very tanned, local (accent), both had black hair, well that basically describes entire staff. The entire resort was falling apart, dumpy and dirty. Hope this review helps. We will NEVER go to Turks & Caicos again, which sucks cause we travel A LOT.

Punctuality & Speed

Reviewed July 12, 2023

This is just a heads up for those considering purchasing travel insurance on the Club Med site and glad to see I am not the only on. ***Do Not Do It!*** Look elsewhere. Our family of 11 planned a vacation to the Dominican Republic with 4 rooms a year in advance. Because it was so in advance we decided to add insurance.

Long story short, after our daughter ordered her family passports 5 months in advance, they did not arrive in time so 4 of our family could not go and they are still battling about getting their 3,200 back. We also had 1 other family member who started a new job and was unable to attend. I let them know 2 weeks prior so understood I would only get half back and I was fine with that but they couldn't even support that. I will NEVER use them again and may not even book another Club Med resort if that is the kind of insurance provider they find useful. They basically pocketed 4,600 and that is robbery. Shame on you Club Med - Co-ordinated Benefit Plans, LLC, obo Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and Affiliated Companies.

Reviewed June 6, 2023

I been a longtime vacation user with Club med and my son basically grew up there - what previously were great experiences BEFORE the pandemic!!! It’s now 2023 and we booked a vacation to Turks and costed us 6000$!!! The rooms were old - bathroom moldy and tiles missing on shower floor! We had no towels - no tv remote - took us 5 hrs to get anything- then finally the shower water was cold and if it was 7 pm there was hardly ANY water! The food (previous years French and upscale) was now way less than mediocre - cold sitting under lamps and under or way over cooked - it was awfull!! Staff was heavily drinking AMONGST themself - drinks at the bar were terrible - it also looked like the alcohol was watered down - staff was not in uniform (but wIth with name tag).

It was just horrific - we complained 3 times to the general manager Louis - and to room service and planned to leave the next day - it looked like a cheap carnival cruise line experience - We asked to change room to have at least a warm shower - Louis wanted to charge us another 1650$ - We left 2nd day after we had to purchase another airline ticket - Club media not club med anymore - but after reading it was purchased by ** - I am not surprised - STAY AWAY!!!

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed April 17, 2023

This has to do with the travel agency that coordinates the air and resort packages for Club Med. Our reservations were booked last Nov. In January I received a phone call letting me know that there was a schedule change for our JetBlue flights. The schedule now has a overnight in NYC and BOS. I was told to wait, that it’s most likely that Jet Blue will add the MSP to Punta Cana flight back to their schedule. So, I accept the change. Now that I’ve waited and Jet Blue has not added the flights to their schedule, I’m told I have no choice but to take the HORRIBLE schedule I was given in January. The agents I’ve talked to have been No Help! They have even been rude! I did as I was told to do by the Club Med travel agent in January and waited. They are telling me because I accepted the change in January, I’m stuck.

I’m expected to pay for a hotel in both NYC and BOS an additional $500-$700 which we don’t have. The Club Med agents gave me poor information. The option I was offered in January to take another airline for an additional $300 is no longer available. Now I’m stuck having to pay for 2 hotel nights. Club Med has messed up my vacation and caused us a lot of stress months before we go.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed March 30, 2023

I recently booked a 1 week stay to Club Med Turkoise. At the time of booking it showed a 40% savings if you book prior to a specific date. I thought wow this is really a great savings so I felt inclined to book before the deal expired. After booking and checking later on, I realized that they just keep posting new 40% deals with new expiry dates. I started to read reviews of the resort and decided to cancel since they advertise free cancellation up until 61 days prior to departure.

Unfortunately once you read the "fine print" the cancellation is ONLY for the stay. You can't even de-couple your flight from the stay so basically if you cancel you lose a good portion of your down payment (the flights and the membership fee). I really feel this is an extremely underhanded way of doing business. Who in their right mind has the option to lose their air fair. Now I have really no option but to go and I have a sour taste in my mouth for Club Med. I called and wanted to speak to a Supervisor, there is no extensions for supervisors or emails and you are basically told "this is our policy". Not sure if this will go anywhere but I wanted to post my frustration.

Club Med Company Information