2. Travel

China Airlines Reviews

China Airlines
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.72/5

China Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about China Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about China Airlines?

Original review: May 3, 2018

Bad customer services, they will cancelled your flight without reasons and when you tried to get your refund they will charge you $200, they said the FLIGHT was reinstated within a SHORT notice! Stressful, stressful and disasters!

Original review: April 4, 2018

Worst Airline ever, our flight was canceled minutes prior to boarding and there was no communication. I approached a staff member and was told there was a slight delay and should be boarding soon but when I turned around to look at the plane it was gone and still no communications to the passengers. 20 minutes past boarding time the plane disappeared from the gate and still no word was passed to the passengers. 1 hour after the boarding time the staff suggested we reschedule our flight, a suggestion and not notification we had to. Finally after an hour and a half past boarding time we were told to follow a staff member and once we got about 100 feet from the counter the staff member disappeared leaving us lost on what to do. We returned to the ticket counter and was told to collect our luggage and to come back tomorrow to rebook the flight.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Took the flight from LAX-MNL with a connecting flight in TPE on 12/2/17. Flight departed two hours late without reason. My wait time for the connecting flight is 2 hours in TPE. No effort by flight crew to make up for the lost time during the flight. Arrived in TPE just when my connecting flight was suppose to leave. I noted that my connecting flight was delayed by half an hour. I thought I might be able to make it if the flight crew helped. They did not do anything at all. It was just a general deboarding with no effort to let the people with connecting flight depart the plane first. Outside the gate, there was one to help expedite people with connecting flight to go from T1 to T2.

The only airline staff told me that I will not make my connecting flight and I should reschedule for a later flight. I went to the flight counter and encountered another airline staff. She told me that I might make it if I run. TO make a long story short, I was able to make my connection without ANY HELP from the airline. China Airline is by any means the cheapest nor are they the most expensive. With average food and poor service, I would not recommend this airline. If I want to get abuse, I would just fly the Mainland Chinese airlines like Air China or China Southern. They were much cheaper.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

After poor experience of Air China while traveling from BOM to Dulles AP via Beijing on 25th which was delayed by 24 hours, we naturally had a return tickets for Dulles AP, US to BOM on 9th September. I boarded the 4:35 evening flight from Dulles but not before the Air China counter personnel made me to rearrange my baggage, mind well, we were allowed 94 kg weight & what we had, was 56 kg between the two of us & could see them allowing Chinese passengers with more weight, without any problems so I had to point it out to their manager & then allowed me to check in. We landed at Beijing late as according to them the cause was a turbulence & since we had very little time to catch the flight to Bom, we almost did all the routine Airport procedures in a great hurry & eventually reached the Gate, 20 minutes before time. (They want us to report 15 min before departure.)

The plane was standing & Gates open but as they could not connect our check-in baggage, we were not allowed to board the flight along with 2 other Indian passengers & on top of that one of their officials told us to bare all expenses from Beijing to Bom as the flight was missed. I had to give a fight & then they gave accommodation in a Hotel & also gave us certificate for extending help at BOM Airport in case of the connecting flight missed.

Anyway we were connected to a flight after 24 hours via Hong Kong in CATHAY PACIFIC flight which got delayed by an hour from HKG. So our woes continued with AIR CHINA & when we reached BOM, my connecting flight to Ahmedabad had already left. So tried to contact Air China counter but there was nobody to reply, so had to purchase a fresh ticket for AHM. The kind of expenses & mental torture faced by us is totally ignored by them. With these experiences I will never recommend anybody to travel by such Airlines, which gives more tension than pleasure, to say the least.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Nightmare experience!! I have just booked 2 tickets via webjet website a few hours ago (11pm on 4/9/2017) and received the ticket confirmation this morning. After reviewing our itinerary, I realised that the date for our return leg from Taipei to Sydney is incorrect. I rang Webjet agent and China Airlines Sydney Agent who both confirmed that given this is a sales ticket, a penalty fees of $300/person is required to change the date. I understand that I have booked discounted tickets and policy is set for airlines protection and cost management purpose. I admitted my fault in not performing due diligence before making the payment. However, this is an accident and was not intentional which can be clearly proven by that I am making a complaint after literally only a few hours later after the booking time.

Additionally, we are all human and we all make mistakes. I would not seek waiver of fees this time if it is a few days or weeks later but this is exactly less than 10 hours after the tickets were issued. I am HORRIFIED that the airlines is NOT dealing with customers as "HUMAN" but "ROBOTS" by repeatedly reiterate the fare rules and policy to me despite of my explanation and situation. We have been flying with China Airlines for the past few years and are very happy with the service as well as Taiwan as a stop-over country. I have also referred all of my friends about China Airlines whenever they are making travel tickets and this is why we decided to book our tickets with this airlines again for our Xmas trip. This, nonetheless, has turned out to be a TERRIBLE and DREADFUL travel experience ever.

All other airlines such as Qantas would have humanity in their policy by waiving the fees/penalties for first time or reasonable mistakes. We posted our complaint to China Airlines and their response is that they understand human error is unavoidable but they have to abide to ticket regulation. This is ridiculous!! If they acknowledge this is an human mistake, they should have overridden the rules and waive the fees for us. This is the type experience when dealing with unreasonable and cruel overseas airlines who do not care about client or customer service at all. Australian airlines, however, such as Qantas are more reasonable and treat clients as human beings and care about customer service instead of rigidly referring to rules and regulations

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I was very frightened about this airline with all the horrible reviews I saw. My daughter and I flew to Hong Kong from Los Angeles on August 29, 2017. We received nothing but kindness and great attention since we arrived on the ticket counter! The crew was fantastic and, oh how hard they work! They cleaned, deodorized and made sure the bathrooms were well supplied every 1-2 hours. They brought extra blankets, water... upon request. Wonderful! I just hope we have the same service when we return on September 20.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

All people who comment here from July to August 2017 to PHILIPPINES must be on the same flight my niece was in. AIR CHINA are a bunch of SCAMMERS, you may find them a lil bit cheaper but you will pay for it with STRESS, ANGER, HEARTACHES, and more MONEY. It's true, they will leave you stranded because they closed at night, so if you end up laying over in China after sunset, you are screwed and will lose a day of your time. They don't transfer your luggage or boxes when you layover in China, you will have to bring it with you and when you check it back in, you will have to pay for your luggage and/or boxes again.

The sad thing about all these is they won't care about you, they will laugh in your face in front of you, they will say they don't speak English when you complain so they don't have to deal with you. WIFI won't be available for you to get in touch with your family and if you use their phone it will cost you $20 for 4 minutes to call your loved ones. I can't believe how these airlines stays in business. I will never ever fly China, the couple of hundreds that you save with them is NOT WORTH IT. Don't get scammed with the cheaper price because you will get what you pay for.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I flew from Dulles International to Peking with Asia China. We were delayed 8 hours going to Manila and it took us passengers to get upset, angry, hungry until they explained to us the reason for the delay which is a 30 minute rain only. On my way back to Peking.. still the same delayed 2 hours and the people in charge were very slow and disorganized. They have the poorest service of any airline Agency I have experienced and, I will never, ever, ever buy and ride this aircraft again.

Original review: April 28, 2017

I waited 2 hours for somebody to do my check-in process but there's no employee at all until I missed my flight and called the customer service and they said I should wait for supervisor to talk to me but no one came so I just went home and booked again a flight but different airline!

Original review: April 23, 2017

Booked my tickets 2 1/2 months before my travel date and was contacted 3 weeks before I was due to leave through Expedia saying that there had been a change in my itinerary. My returning flight from SFO-TPE-SIN now had an 8-hr layover instead of a 2-hr layover because China Airlines was no longer operating the flight that I had previously selected. Despite my many calls to Expedia to mediate this with China Airlines over 1 1/2 weeks, no appropriate options were given. China Airlines would give me a full refund, but not reimburse me for the higher ticket fares that I would incur since I would be booking just 3 weeks before my date.

After exhausting every option I had, I had no choice but to accept the 8-hr layover in TPE. I even asked for use of their Business Lounge or an upgrade for the inconvenience they caused me, but was refused by the airlines. Inability to provide any suitable options makes me regret that I ever chose China Airlines. This was going to be my first time traveling with them, and because of this frustrating situation, it's left me not ever wanting to choose China Airlines or its affiliates. Poor customer service and unwillingness to satisfy the paying customer.

China Airlines Company Information