2. Travel
  3. Hotel Brands

Paradise Island, Bahamas

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.58/5

Atlantis Resort Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantis Resort?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantis Resort?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

It’s okay.

The good
Amenities offered on site
Good view
Beach really close

Close to the downtown area via boat $8 RT

The Bad
Everything closes super early
Service was mediocre to nonexistent
Most things are non-inclusive. Be prepared to shell out a lot of extra money

The keycards are easily demagnetized. I’ve had to go to the front desk everyday to reset my key.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

Rude staff - unwilling to help - don't ruin your stay at the Bahamas by going to the Atlantis. You will be better off going to One of the other resorts! In addition, there is no flexibility in making reservations, fees are incredibly high - not recommended.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

My best friend and I are currently staying here as I am writing this. We have no hot water. We didn’t have any towels, had to call twice to get them. The whole hotel feels like it’s 20 degrees. And worst of all, I simply go downstairs for a midnight snack to the store to see that it’s closed. Then I get told I can only buy food at Olives (in hotel) where earlier I had spent $100 on a small meal. (Chef was nice though). Also I’m a vegan, so I can’t eat anything there without spending less than $30. This has overall just been annoying. Someone needs to fix this.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

Sun was nice...when we saw it. 2 days of rain and no other options there. I am going to warn Buyer Beware!!!! Atlantis was a one and done for my family (and it was relaxing to get away). Room was nice, clean and spacious. Otherwise, cost was ridiculous. $56 for a regular pizza and 3 cans of soda; $80 for 2 soda and 3 sandwiches. You will pay 12% in VAT which is their tax and 15% gratuity on every purchase. Saddest part of it all is their staff doesn't see it. We spoke to an employee who told us their average pay is around $150 per week...yes, that's per week. She told us the 15% gratuity goes into a 'corporate pool' for all of the employees but they don't see it.

A taxi driver told us that the Atlantis employees went on strike about a month ago and Atlantis ownership settled then found loopholes and sent it to court. I can tell you the staff is not pleasant, probably 50/50 and I can totally understand why. As far as the water park, plan on lines and very limited seating anywhere. There are a lot of cruise ships everyday and many come to Atlantis making it very, very crowded. The restaurants are short staffed and let me tell you they work their butts off. Many of the resort staff left when Baha Mar opened for better money and treatment. If you plan on going, look into other places and save a lot of money. No matter what...vacation with family is always nice. Definitely enjoyed time with my kids and mother. Feeling terrible for those that work there.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2019

The power at the hotel went out twice during our 6 night stay. We ended up missing a big chunk of our vacation due to this. The rooms and pools are nice. The staff is also very pleasant. Overall, it is crazy expensive and the food is not good. Definitely, better options!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

My husband and I recently visited the Atlantis Resort on October 29th, 2019. We are world traveler and have experienced all types of hotels around the world. Atlantis Bahamas was by far the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. From the moment we walked up to the check in counter to the moment we checked out, Atlantis Resort was a big disappointment.

We arrived to the Atlantis Resort around 11:30ish PM on October 29th, 2019 and were assisted by Adia at the check in desk. Adia was not very friendly. We had to greet her first as we walked up to the check in counter. We had to make small talk with her because she wasn’t saying much to us. She assigned us to a room that should not be given to any guest due to the following reasons below.

The first room we were assigned to had several things wrong with it; dust all over the furniture, mini bar was completely empty, fridge was not working, brownish water coming out of the shower faucet, shower tub did not drain well and water backed up, and there was no cold water, only extremely hot water coming out. There were tools all along the hallway leading to our hotel room.

We called Guest Services and spoke to Elise about the issues. About 30-45 mins later she arranged for a Bellman to move us to a different room. When we got to the new room, the first thing we noticed was there was no soap bar and no bathroom tissue. Luckily the Bellman was still around to assist us with providing these items. By 1:00 AM, we were tired and ready for bed after showering. As we got into bed, we noticed musty smells around us. The musty smell prompted us to look underneath the sheets and discovered hairs all over the sheets and stains on the pillows and bed sheets. We were given a room that did not change the sheets from the previous guests. We called Guest Services again and spoke to Elise about this new issue.

After 15-20 mins wait, she called us back and said a Manager on duty, Jermaine, would come up to inspect the room. About 15 mins later, a different person came up instead of Jermaine. He was the Housekeeping Manager. After thoroughly inspecting the bed, he said he would talk to Jermaine about it and would send someone up to replace the sheets. Another person came in 5 mins later to replace our bed sheets. We finally got to bed around 1:30 AM. Besides the issue of hairs and stains on the bed sheets, there were also hairs on the shower walls and the toilet was filthy with stains running down the outside and around the toilet. The hotel charges a mandatory $10 a day for gratuity/housekeeping tip. We should not have to pay for this due to the lack of cleaning evident in the two rooms we were assigned.

No one called to follow up or apologize to us afterwards about these incidents. We had an 8 night reservation with Atlantis Resort but decided to leave after 2 nights due to the unfriendly staff, filthy rooms and lack of hospitality and professionalism. Visiting Atlantis was a dream of mine for the last 20 years. I finally had an opportunity to visit Atlantis only to be deeply disappointed. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. Stay away from Atlantis Resort. It’s disgusting and filthy. The staff are unfriendly and rude. They will only pretend to be nice to you if they think they can earn tip/money from you.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Visited Atlantis for 8 days and hurricane Dorian was there at the same time. The room assigned was a total disaster. 1) A.C did not work. 2) Called house keeping for a blanket, never came, called again. 3) Flush toilet and brown stuff came out & sometimes the flush did not work. Complained & got the room changed, it was like from the fry pan into the fire. a) Shower went from hot to cold. b) Same problems with the toilet. c) Entrence door to our room did not lock, maid called maintance.

Sent a note to my Player's Development Susan **, all she did was pass the buck. I will no longer deal with her. It's best to work with a host on the premises, players you will be better off. Sent a note to her Manager (Michael **). He said that he would put me in the right hands and I would be contacted ... Still waiting. Hotel Manager (Stuart **) called me promising me a Regal Suite on my next visit & someone will reach out to me.... Still waiting.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

We were very disappointed with the service of Atlantis Bahamas. We had stayed previously at the Atlantis in Dubai and we had Amazing service. Upon checking in they had us signed up for too many nights and they were quite busy, so the assistant at the desk confirmed that we would definitely get a refund of the extra night and we would see it on our receipt. Upon checking out we were given the bill by another agent at the desk and the extra night was included. He told us it was a mistake and that he guaranteed that they would refund it to our credit card. We have been fighting with them for over 7 months and they refuse to refund us the money. Now they are willing to give us an extra night stay there for free on our next visit there. After all the frustration we would probably not stay there again. I hope none of you experience such bad customer service as we did.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

After what happen with the Hurricane Dorian and that is going on in Bahamas we need to cancel our reservation as we did with the plane tickets without any problem, actually the airline understood and return the money due to the nature of what is happening there. So we called Atlantis and cancel our reservation which they accepted but without any reimbursement and oblige us to lose almost a 2k or we need to call in 2 months to make a new reservation and use it. The rep wasn’t very helpful and don’t give us many options.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

We began our adventure in July 2019 and stayed at The Reef. We had an efficiency apt. There was 3 of us and if I had it to do over again I would have paid extra to get a 1 bedroom w/ bath. The staff were very accommodating especially the front desk. We had efficiency kitchen but it was quite limited. It was hard to actually cook a meal, but we could keep things cold, make coffee, warm things. Be prepared to fork out big bucks for meals. The cheapest and probably one of our favorite meals was Marco’s Pizza delivered to the hotel. We made reservations twice at restaurants while we were there but you could probably get away with just walking in without. Our favorite activities was snorkeling the ruins at the Royal Hotel, Dolphin Cay and of course my kids loved the water park. It was a great vacation!

Atlantis Resort Company Information