1.58/5

Looking for a travel site?

Paradise Island, Bahamas

Looking for a travel site?

111 Atlantis Resort Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

We began our adventure in July 2019 and stayed at The Reef. We had an efficiency apt. There was 3 of us and if I had it to do over again I would have paid extra to get a 1 bedroom w/ bath. The staff were very accommodating especially the front desk. We had efficiency kitchen but it was quite limited. It was hard to actually cook a meal, but we could keep things cold, make coffee, warm things. Be prepared to fork out big bucks for meals. The cheapest and probably one of our favorite meals was Marco’s Pizza delivered to the hotel. We made reservations twice at restaurants while we were there but you could probably get away with just walking in without. Our favorite activities was snorkeling the ruins at the Royal Hotel, Dolphin Cay and of course my kids loved the water park. It was a great vacation!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

6 night visit as a couple in our late 50's - I have been reading quite a few negative reviews and they should be considered and taken into account when planning for the trip. We had many more positives than negatives but I will share the negatives first. The food is very expensive. About 150% to 200% higher than at home. Night activity is available but most things can be quite expensive. Comedy Shows, bars, dining out all help empty your wallet. We stayed in the Royal Tower (would recommend it) and the water did alternate every 5 or 6 seconds by about 40 degrees (would go from warm to very hot). But that was the worst thing we encountered. One final note is that the ocean beach is not the best and does not compare with other islands. But it is fine to go and hang out to enjoy the waves. Do not expect too much and you will be fine.

Here is our experience overall. We went at the end of January, so it was off season. We had a taxi from the airport and that cost about $50 (would have been nice to have a shuttle but I would not complain about that). The drivers were nice both ways. Check in had no line so that was very brief and the woman that checked us in was very sweet (Tremaine). We asked for an upper floor and she gave us a room on the 20th floor with a beautiful ocean view. It was beautiful! Bellmen were available but we chose to not use them. We walked the grounds that first night to learn our way around and the site is beautiful. Bring comfortable walking shoes. You will walk miles in one day but it is worth the walk.

Our days were pretty much the same: we hung out by the pool and hot tub. By the way, the hot tub gets loaded with little children, so go as soon as it opens. We cooled off riding the lazy river, rapid river (not too rapid and lots of fun) and some of the other water slides. There are spots with music playing, other spots with some nice singing and areas where it is quiet. lots of choices available. As for food, we packed quite a bit for in our room. Brought things from home, so we can have small meals and not spend on lunch. But we would sometimes split a wrap or a burger and fries. One burger with fries and a small drink cost $18. So, if you have a family of 4 it can get pricey.

One thing to note, the food is marked up about 30% from the listed price due to the added tip and resort fee. So a $15 burger is $18. Just remember that when ordering. We drank the coffee that we can make in our room and that was fine for us. But there are a number of Starbucks where one can get coffee as well as other locations. One can even walk off property to the nearby Dunkin' Donuts and get less expensive breakfast stuff. There is a liquor store nearby and you can make drinks in your room. Okay, this is getting long winded, so I will try to wrap it up.

We left the pool area around 5 and showered. Went out for dinner and that is where we spent money. Even if you go pretty cheap, it will cost anywhere between $40 to $70 for a meal with no drinks. Of course if you get steak, it is much more pricey. I suggest you spend part of the first day at the marina area and look at the menus of the restaurants. It is a great place to eat. We bought a large pizza there and only spent $42 (lol). But there are things that are more reasonable. You just need to learn what is available.

Evening activities can be simple and free. Walk around and enjoy the beauty and the free singers and have a couple drinks (about $20 each). Things can add up so be careful! All in all, it is very much worth the experience. The kids will love the day activities and love the rides and pools. In the evening, you can tour the free aquariums and take your time looking the place over. The dolphin area is great but it costs $18 per person just to hang out at that beach. To pet and hug dolphins is about $160 per person and needless to say, that will add up quickly. I say go for a vacation there with plenty of fun and healthy snacks and that way you can save quite a bit on food. The view from the rooms can be breathtaking and you will love it. Lots of tropical plants and beautiful fountains. They really put a lot of money into the surroundings. That is it and I hope you love my book.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We stayed in the Coral Tower. Our room was good with a great view of the pool and ocean. All of the staff that we encountered were courteous and anxious to help! Especially those working outside... in all areas. The food and drinks were way overpriced but we knew that going in. The property is beautifully manicured and we enjoyed daily walks from one end of the property to the other. The pools and lazy rivers were great. The beach experience has a lot to be desired. I know that the aquatic life is marketed to the public as doing the best for the ecosystem, I agree with other reviewers that the sharks, fish, rays, and turtles on the property are in much too shallow water in much too small a spaces. They say that the rays are released when full grown, but there were several large rays in the lagoons. Are they fed properly? I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and the animals are my only concern.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

After what happen with the Hurricane Dorian and that is going on in Bahamas we need to cancel our reservation as we did with the plane tickets without any problem, actually the airline understood and return the money due to the nature of what is happening there. So we called Atlantis and cancel our reservation which they accepted but without any reimbursement and oblige us to lose almost a 2k or we need to call in 2 months to make a new reservation and use it. The rep wasn’t very helpful and don’t give us many options.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

The Atlantis, once known as the king of the Bahamas is not even a prince today. Our 2019 summer vacation was our fourth stay at the Atlantis. When we checked in, our concierge, Aaron was extremely helpful. He assisted us with our bags and was very pleasant. Those at the main front desk were unfriendly but told us that we were VIP. Nakia at the VIP front desk was wonderful! She was friendly and the consummate professional.

Things went downhill from there. 95% of the staff at the Atlantis were unfriendly, a few were downright rude, and we paid too much money for our vacation to be treated that way. We were even treated like criminals by the "pool cop" **, who made a worker actually pull our inner tubes (which we were actually sitting in) out of the lazy river because we didn't have our hotel key card with us. We told him that our hotel key was in our bag at the lockers, but he called security on us anyway. It was embarrassing and extremely upsetting. It was handled so very poorly. He and the other pool cops made us walk in our bare feet on terribly hot cement all the way to the other side of the resort.

In addition, they served the same thing for dinner every night this year. VIP? Yeah, right. We were treated like VIPoo! We will be visiting the new Grand Hyatt Baha Mar hotel if we decide to go back to the Bahamas in the future. You would think that a country that depends on tourism would have an appreciation for its tourists. Shame on you, Atlantis.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantis Resort?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

This is the worst place for a vacation especially if you are taking kids. One bad customer's service. Two, very very over price. Three, the people there do not appreciate your visit. I had a very stink experience that make me never want to go to these kind of resort again. From the time I checkin, the problem started. They give me a room with one king bed when I booked a room with two queen beds. They say, "Sorry but we have no room with two queen bed available." When ask how they expect me and my husband to sleep with my daughter on the same bed, she say, "We can offer you a cot." I had no choice so we had to take it. Going into the room was a mistake.

The room was stink. I found a false fingernail on the bed like they never change the sheets. It just got smooth and they never see the last guest left her nail behind. They were no toilet paper. Their service was a big joke. I call for them to come take a look at the room. No one never come until 830 pm. I loss a whole day trying to get settle in. I had to speak to the manager at some point to get help.

The second night we went to the casino, well that’s a whole big story by itself. I took pictures. I will see if I can upload them. They had some kind of issue. I can’t say why but no one could have get their money from the machines. I try to cash out $$558, it took my 4 hours before someone came to get me. This is after I ask like 10 different employees in about 100 times for help. When she came and write up some numbers, I think I will get me money. She say, "Come with Me by the cashier." Well well!!! When I got there it was like 200 people all very angry and yelling. I was just another one to join in. Bad. Very bad.

I did got pair like 530 am. I spent five night there. Nothing happened. No one even say sorry for the inconvenience, but soon as I got back to Canada I got an email that say they will give me 200! In free play for the inconvenience that too place on July 22nd 2019, so I was wondering, why wait until I came back. Why did they not give it to me when I was there? It all a frigging scam, to get me there again, not forgetting that when I got there the room was not ready so I had to leave my luggage at the bell service, and when I got to the room it took another two hours for my luggage to arrived, then the small suitcase was missing with all our swimming stuff.

I reported it. They took me to the back where all luggage is kept but it was not there. They say they will look into it. I went there everyday and got the same answer. I had to leave and never got my bag. I fill some form that was supposed to tell them what in it and how much it cost but no one ever even contact me about it. I ask front desk why there is not a fridge in the room. She say they will send one right got away. lol I did got it right away. I said to my family, "Wow. We finally got something quick." But when I was checking out there was a $84 on my bill extra. When I ask what is that for they say I rented a fridge. I can keep going on but I will stop here. Too much to type, ALL I WANT TO GET OUT THERE IS!!!! Do not go to this resort. It is insane.

Original review: July 5, 2019

July of 2018 I reserved my hotel room at The Royal at Atlantis. The Marriott page said in order to lock the rate I had to pay for the room in full. So, I paid for the whole stay. One year later I arrive and spend the week. Only to discover The Royal changes room rates based upon the demand. In a nutshell The Royal added almost another $1000 to my stay because I was told and I quote "We can Bill what we want to bill." The front desk was useless and I have to eat the additional charges. I am so disappointed. My family and I had a whole wonderful week and this rate changing has truly soared my view on this entire organization.

Original review: June 29, 2019

The Wi-Fi is terrible which is part of the $40 service fee. It is off and on all day. The built-in gratuity and service fee adds about 24% guarantees you that the service will suck. At the pool restaurant it took us over an hour to get two sandwiches, Nachos and a salad. No alcohol and it was $158. This place is a rip off. Cabs are $30 to go to the next building. They do have shuttles for free. But we don’t like to wait. 5 star pricing with 1 Star service.

Original review: June 16, 2019

This was the worst vacation my wife and I have experienced from a customer service, safety and room standards standpoint. My wife was injured in the gym the first day and we spent 6 hours in the hospital. Apparently this was not the first time someone was injured in the gym with at least one other similar incident where someone was badly hurt the same exact way. We received a call by Miguel while in the hospital which was the highlight of their customer service although we never actually spoke to him. The nurse said he would send transportation to pick us up from the hospital.

I called him 3 or 4 times and was unable to leave a message. We coordinated a taxi from the hospital that was supposed to show up in 10 minutes and we followed up with them again and the hospital said 5 more minutes and we waited another 15 minutes then walked back to the resort. We got back to the resort and 2 of the 5 stitches came undone and she went back to the hospital. I spoke to a manager in the reception area and asked her to have someone give me a call and gave her my cell phone number (I was frustrated but kept my poise) which never happened..

The next day my wife talked with a different manager in reception that was supposed to call me by 3:00 and that never happened either. So I went back to the reception the 3rd time and requested a meeting with one of the higher up managers and it was confirmed at 7:30 a.m. on the day of the departure. I specifically requested someone that worked for Atlantis/Cove in an upper management position. Instead she setup a meeting with a trainer who worked at the fitness facility which is leased by another company. Not only was he a trainer but he was not even employed by the hotel. I was assured someone would call me over the course of 3 days but not one phone call outside of the call from Miguel made when he left a message from the hospital.

Regarding the quality of the room amenities: safe worked at times (we were locked out an entire day before it was fixed), the phone didn't work half the time we were there, the clock was set for 3 hours ahead and couldn't be changed to the correct time, locked out of the mini-bar, minibar wasn't refilled 2 days, room wasn't cleaned (beds made, trash taken out nothing else). There was an salad that was never eaten from the first day and a few glasses in the living room that were never taken out of the room.... This was by far the worst vacation of our life and I would NOT RECOMMEND anyone go to this hotel!!!! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I had wanted to make this trip for so many years and finally did. Wish I had read all of these reviews before doing so. Overpriced, not worth the money, staff rude and clearly hate their jobs. Gratuity is included in all food service restaurants so the wait staff doesn’t feel it necessary to be polite. Upon checkout was told I didn’t use my 250 dollars resort credit I wasn’t told I even had which would have been nice after paying over 1,000 dollars in food for two for a week!

Atlantis Resort Company Information