1.56/5
Based on 86 reviews that contain star ratings

Paradise Island, Bahamas

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

91 Atlantis Resort Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I stayed at the Cove for 6 days. The service at the restaurants is deplorable. It does no good to complain because no one cares. Room service entered our room without any notice and stole $20. The hotel is overcharging for the extra person and the VAT tax. I even have emails showing what they should be charging and as I said before no one cares. I would never stay at this hotel again.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Paid $500 for dinner for 7 people and was treated like **. After going around for a long time in Atlantis to find a place to eat (many restaurants were closed) we thought we finally found a nice buffet to celebrate a birthday. Before we entered the restaurant called Poseidon's Table, we paid the bill upfront - this is the only way to get in - and had dinner afterwards. Alcohol was not included and we had a red wine. Just when we finished a waiter came and started bringing the bill for the wine and for the food (again??!). We told him that we already paid for the food but happy to pay for the wine. He said we have to show the bill of the food. The person who had the bill was just at the restroom at the time so we started to explain that we already paid.

The waiter insisted we have to show him the bill and made us feel like we are thieves as we had to go all the way up to the entrance and explain ourselves and get the bill double checked at the cashier. When they realized we paid already, they did not even say sorry. I called for the manager and the only thing he did was to say that the waiter misunderstood the situation. No apologies and no compensation. He said that they can call the police if I want to further pursue. (??!) What kind of customer service is this? And how is it my problem that they miscommunicate and why do I have to explain myself after paying $500? The restaurant was not even close to busy. How can they not keep their things together? Overall TERRIBLE SERVICE! AVOID this place!

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I have traveled the world over many times and never had problems really worth mentioning. But this hotel is the most corrupt I've ever been to. The total price I was suppose to pay from booking.com was $2127.11 Every day there they had so many hidden charges mentioned apparently to booking.com as to boggle the mind. By the time I left, they increased the charge over $2,000.00 dollars which I trigger to dispute but to no avail. They hold security deposits in the sum of anywhere between 200-400 a day which gets held on your credit card. When I checked out, they had a total held on my credit card of 5,000.00.

Mind you I paid 1500.00 of the original 2127.11 before I even arrived so you can imagine my dismay. I'm not sure to be mad at Booking.com (whom I have booked trips probably a hundred times) or Atlantis, but the fact they even hold on your credit card daily hundreds of dollars is quite obscene. Most of the people there are not professionals you would expect if you are from the US or Europe. Highly suggest you do not go to this corrupt place. You will leave calculating you owe a few hundred, and they will place thousands on you that you were not expecting, and most of it is very suspicious. Every taxi driver tried to get "more" by bloating the price from what they quoted. It is the most corrupt places I have ever been in my life.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

My wife and I have concluded after being at the Atlantis for 5 days with 3 kids and staying in the Royal towers that we were highly disappointed with our trip wanting more quality in every aspect of the stay - hopefully this review will help all those looking to travel to this overly hyped resort. If you're traveling with children esp toddlers prepare yourself to WALK everywhere in the heat and up and down stairs all over the resort - it’s amazing how far everything is from each other here and makes even just getting to the beach a huge frustration! (Travel tip the nicest beach at Atlantis is tucked away behind the Cove area). The resort is INSANELY EXPENSIVE!!! Take that very seriously esp if you're bringing children!!! And the fact that most probably don’t do the all inclusive (which I don’t even know if they have there or not) you will literally pay as much in food and or excursions as you did to for the entire purchase price of the trip itself!!!

The food is terrible!!! I mean for what you're paying for each meal it’s absolutely crazy to think this resort and as Big it is and all the restaurants can’t satisfy your food needs - once again with children who are picky this will be a huge issue - and let’s say you don’t want to go to the restaurants for each meal of the day then you're pretty much screwed because there is only a small coffee shop or pizzeria on other side of hotel to choose from (we literally ate pizza, hamburgers, egg and cheese and bagels the whole trip). If it rains or you get too much sun there is literally nothing to do inside the resort for the whole family - yes they have a mini arcade and Game Center but that’s extra fees and not worth it unless you want to pay and even then there is nothing to do adult wise unless you want to sit at the bar.

Staff and miscommunication is huge - some staff doesn’t show up on time for bookings (excursions desk). We waited 45m with a line of people for them to send us to VIP lounge for them to tell us everything was booked and the systems went down shortly after that, then we went back to excursions desk to find out everything was not sold out and their systems worked fine - total time to book dolphins was 1.5hrs of frustration. Then there was the problem of them screwing up our shuttle back to airport. We spoke to 5 people and 1 manager who couldn’t find our shuttle company (unless you get voucher upon arrival it’s impossible to figure this out) and we were left with someone telling us to be done in lobby at 6am - it was pitch black and no shuttle came - we had to take a cab out of our own money back to airport.

Dolphin Cay was the most expensive for 5 people we did and we only did a 30 min shallow experience (was just ok our toddler enjoyed it). But then they try and get you on photos which you're lucky if one comes out good. Prepare to pay for photos though as you can’t just get 1 4x6 - you have to get 6 of them!!! Also you have to settle for an 8x10 if you only want one photo.

Overall we wouldn’t go back for the sake of all the above - the one bright spot is the beach and water which is literally world renowned (the water quality and temp is so amazing that we kept trekking back to beach for it) - but again prepare yourself with going broke, walking and being exhausted and then paying more money to keep the kids busy and happy. We’ve been to other countries and resorts and this one def was a rip off...

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Went to a destination wedding and very poor quality resort, especially for the cost. Lost power 2 times and were offered a free breakfast and were charged for it. Called my credit card and they called the Atlantis and were told they would credit me for the $76.20 buffet breakfast and now refuse to credit. NEVER go there only if you want to get ripped off.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantis Resort?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

My kids and I were very excited about going to Atlantis Bahamas as we had such a lovely time at Atlantis in Dubai last year. Unfortunately, my girls were robbed on the beach the first day (middle of the afternoon mind you) and when we notified management at the hotel, she told me she couldn't do anything for me. Then she stated that we needed to go the police station, which is offsite. They wouldn't even call the police for us. Now, here we are in a different country and were just robbed (they took my girls' sunglasses, shoes and cash totaling over $1K), but we are now told to go to a police station offsite. Sounds even more dangerous to me, so I decided I would handle the situation after we returned home. Then, when we went to check out and pick up our luggage to go the airport we find out the bell staff gave our luggage to someone else. I am standing there with the ticket to claim my luggage, but it has disappeared... Really?

At this point my girls are beside themselves, so I ask them to go over and wait while I talk with management about the situation. Again, the hotel took no responsibility. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I did however give them 1 star as the spa staff was amazing and very trustworthy. The rest of the group should be fired and the entire hotel restaffed after full background checks are done. Beware of this hotel... They steal and put you and your children in dangerous situations. They do not care about your safety at all. Stay safe out there.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Very excited about this vacation with 3 older kids. Landed in Atlantis. Booked 2 rooms and after long day of flight and roaming around resort came back to room and as soon as my son who is 22 goes under his quilt...his whole bed sheets, quilt, pillows were all wet and it seemed it was pee or something. Soooo disgusted about it. Housekeeping came, changed sheets, FLIPPED mattress because it was so wet. As I am writing about it I don’t want to sleep in my bed soon. Disgusted about it. Is it safe to drink coffee or use towels? All I got was SORRY!!! What sorry??? We are still here for 4 nights but I am very very mad. I went to main lobby to talk to manager and GUESS what this resort is run without manager which was not here yet and other one already left. It’s 11 pm and I don’t want to lay in my bed! I give this resort ZERO! Not happy after paying tons of money and booked 2 rooms. Who else can I contact??? Anyone?

Original review: July 9, 2018

This is truly a beautiful amazing resort. We have been traveling to the Atlantis for 10 years. I hate to hear it put down. They have wonderful programs for children and youth and we have had the pleasure of getting to know several staff due to our frequent visits. Yes, check your bill as you would any hotel. You can check it daily on your TV and if there is a discrepancy go and get it adjusted. We love this property and the staff and have stayed with them in all different accommodations 10 times. As for the person complaining about the size of the hole in the water slide tube... They are standard tubes... Maybe they should be looking at their size instead and wondering if they need to do a little adjusting! All smiles aside, we love this resort! Don't be discouraged by the complainers!

Original review: July 1, 2018

I was there, I had to ID her body. Sister died in her room about a month and a half ago at the Atlantis Hotel, Nassau. She booked tickets the day before she vanished, to swim with the dolphins, she was extremely excited about this (voice messages etc), the next day she did not show up for the booking (swim with the dolphins, shallow water experience) made less than 24hrs earlier, subsequently she was found dead... apparently killed herself. Take what you wish from the above (I may not elaborate)...

Original review: June 29, 2018

Watch out! Check your credit card/room charges very carefully. On my check out day, they charged us $666 for a meal at Chopstix - and it did not belong to us as at the same time and date, we were dining at another restaurant on the property. I stood in line at the front desk to have the Chopstix charge removed and the folio was corrected and I caught my plane home. Now, 15 days since my trip, they are attempting to charge my credit card for the $666 meal we never ate!!! I am outraged! I called and spoke with "Gabriella" who claims they will look into it. What a scam! I called my credit card company and they are putting a stop to it. Apparently, Atlantis Resort is famous for this behavior!

Original review: April 12, 2018

Arriving at the resort we learned that our meal plan which we paid almost 1000.00 only offered fast foods. We opted out for a refund which we were told they would, and never got. The rooms were dirty, smelly and so was the hallway of the "newly remodeled" Coral Tower. The service there is a joke! Most of the employees are rude, and no help at all. The food was ok but extremely overpriced! The taxis will rip you off if you're not careful and the street vendors are hustlers. I will not be going back! I wish I would have known before booking, I wouldn't have spent my money here!

Original review: April 10, 2018

Don’t believe your final bill at check out, charges you didn’t agree to will keep coming. I currently have disputes into my bank and credit card company from this resort. They're crooks and liars, I disputed charges at check out, was told they were removed from my bill. I received an amended bill with an agreed upon total. After I left the resort the amount they agreed to remove from my final bill were charged without my authorization to my card, this is fraud. You can’t trust the staff, the staff is rude, the pool staff puts their personal items in chairs to make it appear the chairs are taken. Then they spot you looking for chairs and offer the ones they put their belongings in for money, this is extortion. The rooms are dated and in desperate need of repair.

Our tub didn’t hold water, the sink didn’t drain, glass was falling out of picture frames, picture frames were rusting. I was screamed at in front of my son on our first day there by an attendant at a pool area with a pay to sit area. We simply wanted to see if this was an area we wanted to pay $125 a day to sit. We walked into the area and the attendant started screaming, "This is private, you have to pay to sit here." I tried to explain we simply wanted to see if this was an area we wanted to pay to use, and she screamed at us again. I finally bluntly said, "Money isn’t the issue here, your hostility toward us is," and we left.

I was called a liar twice by staff when I tried to say an order was incorrect. They catch you by not giving you an itemized receipt of what you order at the bars, coffee shops, restaurants and pool eating places. You then pay for it and wait for them to deliver what you ordered. If it’s wrong they ask for your receipt and tell you it doesn’t say you ordered that, therefore you’re wrong, and they refuse to refund or make the order correct. I had this happen 5 times in a week, and they still collect their automatic 15% tip, and your money while you’re left without what you asked for.

Please beware of the Atlantis Bahamas, go elsewhere to a resort in the Bahamas that’s nicer, more updated, clean, has better staff and where you won’t be ripped off. I tried to get our flights changed so we could leave early but we were stuck at the Atlantis because flights were full and our tickets couldn’t be changed. If they could have been changed we would have left on Monday after just checking in on Saturday late afternoon. Buyer beware and avoid this trap like the plague.

Original review: April 3, 2018

I wish I would have read reviews on the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas before I booked my reservations. What a COMPLETE DISAPPOINTMENT. We stayed in the Towers, what a dirty hotel that advertises 5 star service. We ended up bringing home bed bugs from the hotel. Upon seeing this junior suite, I felt that it was subpar. The bathroom was not clean. I realized the last day of our stay that the sheets had not been laundered. The grounds and hotel common areas were dirty, just like the rooms. Now we are left to deal with bed bugs in our home. PURE DISGUST. DO NOT WASTE YOUR VACATION TIME OR MONEY ON THIS DUMP. IT'S TRULY A DUMP.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I have read numerous reviews about how rude the personnel at Atlantis are and I find I have to dispute the account. I have been going to Nassau several times a year for over 20 years and have stayed at a number of hotels, most recently Atlantis. I find the staff at the hotel to be very accommodating, courteous and pleasant to deal with and the hotel complex itself is exquisite. Yes, it is busy and often crowded, which is more a testament to its success than any failure. The rooms could use a bit of updating but the complex itself is truly breathtaking and I would recommend it to anyone.

Original review: March 29, 2018

BEWARE of Atlantis resort! I experienced being fraudulently overcharged. My stay was from Dec 13-19 2017. I was traveling with my family. I had a separate room. My daughter paid for my meal plan. They charged me for a meal plan 3 days AFTER we checked out. I did try to call them. I tried emailing them. NO RESPONSE. I included a copy of my daughter's bill showing she paid for my meal plan. NO RESPONSE. I am currently in the process of working with my credit card company to have the charges reversed. I would NEVER recommend staying at Atlantis. They obviously can’t be trusted with your credit card when they make charges after you leave. It should have been made known to me upon check out. I could have straightened it out then. BEWARE OF ATLANTIS!!!

Original review: March 22, 2018

I had always wanted to go to Atlantis. The main reason was I enjoy the river rides and snorkeling. Both were a major disappointment. You can’t really call it snorkeling when you have to stay in a sandy beach area where there are no fish coral or anything except sand. That was a total waste. I have done river rides at other locations and really enjoyed them. I was planning on doing that most of the day, however, after trying to sit in one of their inner tubes and finding it almost impossible to control I only wound up doing two trips.

The tubes are overinflated and have a tiny hole in the middle not more than 1 foot in diameter so you cannot sit down “in” the tube. You have to hold your head and shoulders above the water the entire time. It was ridiculously uncomfortable, and I have done these rides in the past. We sat on the side and watched person after person try and sit in one of these tubes and get dumped out. We spent most of the day drinking expensive drinks and eating expensive food. I could’ve done that anywhere.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Just got back from Atlantis resort in the Bahamas. Overpriced EVERYTHING!! We had 3 rooms in the Beaches tower. The view we had was a “Terrace view”. Sounds ok, right? It was anything BUT!! Our view was of the roof of the conference center complete with condoms and beer bottles! They shouldn't charge the same for these rooms as the other. What a gross thing to wake up to. Then there was the black mold in the bathroom... GROSS! When we called the front desk, no one answered even after several attempts. We finally went down and found a real person but they only promised they would “take care of it”, which didnt happen.

The park was beautiful but be prepared to walk miles and miles every day. Park closes up completely at 5:00PM sharp. No bathrooms open anywhere on the hike back to the room so make that pit stop before 4:45 or risk the ocean or bushes! Many of the water rides were not working at least once or twice per day due to maintenance so we missed out even getting to try them. Instead of floating blissfully around and around on the raging river, they made you get off your tube, let it float off while you got out and walked across the sunbathing area to get back in the water to a line at least 40 people deep to wait and get another tube. Ridiculous!!

There were signs at all the snack bars to go “cashless” and charge stuff to your room (which required a $600 deposit on check in)! It seemed like a good idea but upon check out, there were $640 in charges that weren't ours. Tip to self, keep ALL of your receipts no matter how small. We did that and they begrudgingly said they would refund our money but that would take a couple weeks!! All in all we had fun but probably wont go through the hassle again and just go to Key West!

Not worth the money!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

My daughter and I went to the Atlantis with friends on 2/8/18. She is 24 and was excited to go. We went on the rapid river. In a tube with feet, arms & head hanging over. It rapidly slams you against the concrete wall. I saw a potential for injury. I was screaming, "Pull your legs in... you're going to get hurt." My daughter and friend thought I was overreacting. I went to the bathroom. Lady was full of blood. She was scraped and was flipped in the river. Another lady was flipped and scraped her toes, my friend scraped his knees and pulled his back out.

There has been a child that has been killed. There needs to be a bigger and heavier tube with a bottom where you can sit in and bump against wall. It is extremely dangerous. Please do not put your children on this. How dare the Atlantis knowingly subjects people to injury/death. Also the water slide that goes through the aquarium of sharks is full of slime. There was actually a trail through the slime of people's butt cleaning it off. You couldn't see through the tank because of the slime. That flows into the pool. It is a health risk. Someone needs to close this place down.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

It is rare that I leave a negative review, but this experience deserves one and I hope it serves as a caution to others. I need to start by saying that my wife has been wanting to book a vacation at this resort for some time so we thought that while we were in Nassau on our cruise a day pass would be a great way to "try it before we buy it". The purchase of the tickets was very easy and the directions clear as to what we were to do when we got to the resort. Getting a taxi from the cruise terminal was not difficult and it was quick to get to the resort. From there, unfortunately, the day trip quickly descended into purgatory. When we got in line to get our bracelets we discovered that you had to be 48 inches tall to ride most of the slides in the park.

Since our young son is not that tall he was disappointed. Maybe the height requirement was in the paperwork and I missed it (in that case I take the blame) but I certainly don't remember seeing it so be forewarned. The young lady at the ticket window greeted us with "Tickets?" which should have foreshadowed the customer experience of this resort. We got our bracelets and she dismissed us with "Go in the door, through the casino, turn right and follow the crowd". These proved to be less than helpful directions. We came to the resort in our regular clothes and without towels (these are included in the ticket price) so our first mission was to find a place to change and get a towel. When we made it through the casino to the outside we asked the first staff member for directions.

I want to be fair so I will just say he was not very helpful or friendly. With almost every staff member we encountered it was as if we were bothering them by asking for help. It was VERY frustrating. We were eventually able to find the place where towels were distributed (it is not marked on a map or by interresort signage) and they were out of towels! Really? You didn't notice they were getting low and call to get more? There were three young ladies standing behind the towel desk talking with one another. I asked them when they thought more might arrive and one said "Who knows, we called". So I asked if there was another place we might get towels and she said "Up there" and pointed in the general direction of the water park. Not helpful. Through no help of staff (I just started asking other guests) we eventually found another towel station and were able to get towels.

The final insult was lunch. We went to one of the outdoor sit down restaurants. The hostess seemed offended that we were in her restaurant but got us a table. The one staff bright spot was our waitress. She was very friendly and diligent. The food and drinks were what you would expect in terms of quality for an outdoor waterpark restaurant (we weren't expecting a 5 star meal). Our waitress brought us the bill at the end of the meal and I told her I thought it was included in our "Atlantis Aquaventure with Lunch" ticket price. She went to speak with her manager and she informed us that it was not included. At this point I figured if I said anything I would explode in a fit of rage so I thanked her for her service and told her I would address it when I returned home (this review being the first part). We left shortly after this as the weather turned very bad. I can assure you, I will never, EVER return.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2017

We have had nothing but issues since arriving. We started at the Coral tower and it was a joke. The whole place smelled and the room was gross. The room wasn't even ready when we got in and we had to call a maid to get our bedding. The tv didn't work and one of the main lights didn't work. Thankfully the bathroom ceiling started leaking so they upgraded us to the Royal Tower. It's definitely an upgrade but we are still having issues. The toilet overflowed the first time we used it, the bathroom has a vanity light out and also the lights are filthy and we have to unplug the light next to the table to make coffee because only one outlet works. The hallway is freezing and the ice machine doesn't work.

Now I'm sitting here on Saturday night writing this review because we have no hot water to shower. How does a place this large not have hot water all of a sudden? We have spent an arm and a leg with all the price gouging (beware the $4 room service charge and 19% forced tip) and the hotel has been a complete disappointment. I could go on for another hour about the water park and beaches but I think you get the gist. We have definitely made memories here but I wish we would have booked somewhere nicer.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

We are currently staying at the hotel and leave tomorrow. We booked the Beach Tower because it was on the cheaper side and knowing the food is expensive and since we weren't going to be in the room all of the time we thought it would be OK. Well we were wrong. After we checked in we walked a mile just to get to the room. The room was outdated but the worst part was it reeked of cigarette smoke. There were burn marks on the phone and nightstand. We called to complain and were told there were no rooms available at that time so we had to leave our stuff in the room until a new one was ready. Mind you the whole floor was supposed to be nonsmoking.

We went back downstairs and spoke to the guy that checked us in originally and told him our complaints. He told us there were no rooms ready in the Beach Tower but he would "upgrade" us to the Coral Tower. We thought this was fantastic until we entered our room. Let me describe the room. Nasty green carpet from when the hotel was built, 1990's. The furniture I don't think was ever updated. The best part of it all was the decoration pillow on the bed was so dirty I cannot believe they even put it on the bed to begin with. The table and chairs were so dirty that I didn't want to sit on them. There were dirt marks all over it. The hallway of the hotel was leaking water because of the rain.

Maybe the towers that cost more are updated but I will say I will NEVER stay here again. The food is overpriced. For example 2 slices of cheese pizza and 1 can of soda was 20$. Horrible selection of food since 90% of the restaurants were closed. Also all over the hotel you saw signs for happy hour at the Moon Bar from 5-7. We went to the Moon Bar and of course that was closed too. I understand if not in season things may be closed but don't display everywhere all over the hotel a happy hour DAILY and not open. One of the worst vacations I've been on. Hotel needs MAJOR updating or it will end up going out of business since the new BAHA MAR opened up.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

My family and I went to the Atlantis at Paradise Island, Bahamas from 8/26-8/31/17. Be prepared to spend a lot. For 2 adults and 1 child, most of the time skipping a meal, we spent $1177 for food. I expected this not being an all inclusive. What I did not expect, was my credit card being charged for what is totaling $550 AFTER we left... They automatically charge a 15% gratuity to everything and they give poor rude service then get worse after you don't give extra.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

So disappointed, we were recommended to stay at the Cove, considering the high cost we thought it should be a great property, 97% of the staff are extremely rude, they were all unhappy and treated us so poorly, and we learned from others the same. Everything was an average standards and very expensive, food quality was poor except one Italian restaurant, we were supposed to get $250 credit for each room, even though I showed them the confirmation proof, they still did not honor it and gave us partial credit. Water park is very unsafe. Most disappointing aspect was the service and impoliteness of the staff. We heard since Marriott took over the quality and service went down tremendously. Will never go back.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

2nd trip to Atlantis was a disappointment. Spent 6 days in the Atlantis Resort in August 2017. We expected so much more than we experienced. Communication between hotel staff and guests was terrible! Very confusing where you can use cc or room key and where only cash is accepted. Taxis only take cash. If you use cc to pay for drinks & food on resort, it will not be applied to any resort credit! So beware. Rooms & decor need updating. Paint in the hallways & rooms is outdated! We had a hard time opening & closing the blinds in our bedroom because the track was rusted. Our coffee station in the room was not replenished after the 2nd night! Every morning we were woken up from the housekeepers slamming room doors as they did their morning runs.

We had a hard time finding good eats! Starbucks was our morning ritual since it was located in our tower. Our favorite restaurant was Cafe Matisse! The service, food and ambiance were all fabulous! The manager even took care of our cab fare back to resort, when were told by driver that only cash was accepted yet, hotel bell personnel told us otherwise that evening! Pool and water activities were fun! Too much food & garbage lying around attracted lots of pigeons! Pool staff was scarce, especially when we wanted to order food & drinks! Beach was amazing! So beautiful! The locals were a pleasure to meet and chat with. Beach chairs were free of charge, umbrellas were $30 for the day. I do not recommend Atlantis. Was a simple disappointment.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I came to Atlantis for a few hours just to see hotel with family and view their world famous aquarium. What a disappointment indeed it was! The hotel is out dated. Certain parts of the hotel the roof was falling apart. You can tell hotel needed work. We paid $42.00 per person to see their aquarium - which was a joke! The aquarium was murky and the water was not clean. I'm truly surprised that the hotel is not keeping up with aquarium. You could hardly see the fish in the dirty tank. It was supposed to be a 40 minute aquarium time - we finished in 15 min. What a waste of money! Will not be coming back here again. That is for sure!!!

Original review: July 22, 2017

I am writing this review as I am still here at the resort. I am hoping to help someone make a decision about spending a couple grand on a vacation. First of all, you’re probably like everyone else, you have this idea of a paradise island. But upon landing you see your first clue flying low over dilapidated homes. Your ride in shows you that the Bahamas is in need of financial help. You see a few small strip mall types places that remind you of foreclosed homes. Finally after several round abouts with a driver who seems not too friendly you go over a bridge to the ATLANTIS. I chose the cheapest hotel, beach tower. If you have to come choose a different hotel. Period. Reef. Cove. Royal. I think that had a lot to do with my not so great experience. My mistake but damn, it's still 1500 for four nights.

The room was not sooo great. Slightly musty, low pressure shower with some mold slightly showing. Outdated. And small. But that's wasn't the bad part. The beaches have quite a bit of trash on them. The sand is beautiful, but the straws sticking out and yesterday's party trash kinda takes away from the beauty. I'll try the other beaches tomorrow. The pools and lazy river ehhhh. Whole resort seems like it needs a renovation. The prices of things on the resort... ugh... like 1 yogurt was 5.35. Everything in the resort is marked up 250%. Like absolutely ridiculous. IF you must go, take the ferry over to downtown/straw market. You will find muuuch better deals on souvenirs. I am not exaggerating on the prices on Atlantis, disgusting.

Other complaints is - If you’re not of ** descent, be prepared to be treated like second class over others. About 60% of people are this way. The staff does not smile enough and they make you feel as though they are mad or bothered and then there are some super terrific people too. We went to the stores right off the resort too and I ordered some nachos and they looked fantastic. Everything but the powdered cheese sauce was pretty good.

I'm not a negative person, believe me. We did make the best of it but I will not ever come back unless it's free. And even then I would have to be promised a new room in a new building. Please take your money and book Maui, So Cal, Europe, a cruise in the Caribbean, Florida, New York, Boston, Ireland. I do not recommend this place at all. It's not the paradise I imagined for all these years. Also found it very surprising that one of the nice people here told me that 40-60 percent of the people here don’t know how to swim. Huh!?! I will make the very best of my last day. Take care and I hope this helps in your decision.

Original review: July 9, 2017

My sister took me to the Atlantis Resort at Paradise Island. Beautiful beaches & pools. The staff was absolutely the rudest I have ever experienced. Always wanted to go there, but will not be going back. Would suggest going to Hawaii if you are looking for paradise.

Original review: June 19, 2017

My family and I booked a trip to Atlantis around four months ago. A week before my trip I started reading the reviews on this website and they were all so negative, so I was worried the trip wasn't going to be as fun as I hoped! I got here at Atlantis 8 days ago and I'm really confused as to why the reviews are so negative. I really feel like we're at different resorts or something! Their customer service here is so professional and everyone I've talked to has been just so nice! Every employee I walk past greets me and asks how I am. I seriously recommend doing the activity called, Trainer for a Day, as it was one of the most amazing experiences! They take you behind the scenes, I got to ride a dolphin, and swim with the stingrays. They even have a photographer take pictures of everything for you!

I read so many complaints that the rooms were dirty, but stepping off the elevator onto your floor you can literally smell how fresh and clean it is, same for when you walk into your room. It's also super convenient because you can pay for everything on the resort with your room key! The food is also very good. I read another review on here that was talking about how they had a nut and dairy allergy and the chefs failed to inform that they were using almond flour in the bread or something... I have a bad nut allergy so reading that review really scared me and made me very cautious of what I was eating at first. I don't understand that review either because I ate multiple sandwiches from different places along the resort and food from pretty much every restaurant they have and never had a problem!

I would recommend going to Murrays for breakfast because their food is so good, and they have one of the best brownies I ever had! Also, the cove/the beach is the nicest I've ever been to, and the waterpark is so fun and great for kids. The only complaint I would have is that they automatically add a 15% gratuity on your bill. But other than that, this resort is truly amazing and I would recommend it to everyone!

Original review: June 9, 2017

2nd and last time we will be staying at Atlantis. We were here 3 years ago and had a great time. This was our 3rd trip to the Bahamas and sadly most likely our last. I honesty do not feel safe. My husband left his phone charging in the hotel room while we went to dinner and when we came back the phone was gone. While we were at dinner I was getting fraud notifications from American Express on my phone but was not able to dial out. I was going to use his phone.

As soon as we got back to the room and noticed the phone was gone we immediately notified front desk and of course no one was much help. They "filled out a report" but we know we're not getting his phone back. The maid did come for turn down service while we were at dinner and there were two men painting all day in the room next door. I can only assume where the phone may have gone. This has ruined our vacation and not how I wanted to spend our last night here. I cannot get off this island fast enough!

Original review: May 22, 2017

My fiancé and I recently spent four nights at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas. We really enjoyed ourselves the first three nights, and even commented that it would be a great place to bring a family in the future. That changed on the last night. On our last night we, and multiple others on our floor, listened as a woman on screamed from her room begging for help. We could hear a loud altercation going on in the room (what sounded like someone being thrown around, with loud crashes into the door and walls). We could hear her and a male voice screaming at each other loudly as well as her repeatedly screaming "HELP". We, along with others on the floor, called security MULTIPLE times describing the situation and begging for them to come help.

After nobody arrived immediately and the sounds coming from the room continued to worsen, we ran downstairs searching for help. The first two security personnel members that we stopped told us they were not allowed to leave their current posts but that someone would be up shortly. In fact, one resort employee (a woman working the front desk in the lobby) threatened to call security on us if we did not stop "causing a scene" in the hotel lobby. It was not until we screamed that we would make sure the hotel faced a lawsuit and PR nightmare if they did not get upstairs immediately to save the screaming woman, that a single (apparently unarmed) male security guard, accompanied by a petite female manager, finally went upstairs.

I would estimate that AT LEAST 20 minutes passed between the time guests from our floor first called security and the time that security finally arrived. The things that can happen to a person in a violent situation in a 20 minute span are horrifying. What is equally horrifying is how long it took Atlantis security to respond to the situation. To have security take that long when someone is literally screaming for help like their life depends on it is completely unacceptable and frightening. I encourage everyone to think twice before ever staying at, or bringing their family to, Atlantis.

Atlantis Resort Company Information