1.56/5
  • 1 star
Based on 66 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 28, 2017

71 Atlantis Resort Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

We are currently staying at the hotel and leave tomorrow. We booked the Beach Tower because it was on the cheaper side and knowing the food is expensive and since we weren't going to be in the room all of the time we thought it would be OK. Well we were wrong. After we checked in we walked a mile just to get to the room. The room was outdated but the worst part was it reeked of cigarette smoke. There were burn marks on the phone and nightstand. We called to complain and were told there were no rooms available at that time so we had to leave our stuff in the room until a new one was ready. Mind you the whole floor was supposed to be nonsmoking.

We went back downstairs and spoke to the guy that checked us in originally and told him our complaints. He told us there were no rooms ready in the Beach Tower but he would "upgrade" us to the Coral Tower. We thought this was fantastic until we entered our room. Let me describe the room. Nasty green carpet from when the hotel was built, 1990's. The furniture I don't think was ever updated. The best part of it all was the decoration pillow on the bed was so dirty I cannot believe they even put it on the bed to begin with. The table and chairs were so dirty that I didn't want to sit on them. There were dirt marks all over it. The hallway of the hotel was leaking water because of the rain.

Maybe the towers that cost more are updated but I will say I will NEVER stay here again. The food is overpriced. For example 2 slices of cheese pizza and 1 can of soda was 20$. Horrible selection of food since 90% of the restaurants were closed. Also all over the hotel you saw signs for happy hour at the Moon Bar from 5-7. We went to the Moon Bar and of course that was closed too. I understand if not in season things may be closed but don't display everywhere all over the hotel a happy hour DAILY and not open. One of the worst vacations I've been on. Hotel needs MAJOR updating or it will end up going out of business since the new BAHA MAR opened up.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

My family and I went to the Atlantis at Paradise Island, Bahamas from 8/26-8/31/17. Be prepared to spend a lot. For 2 adults and 1 child, most of the time skipping a meal, we spent $1177 for food. I expected this not being an all inclusive. What I did not expect, was my credit card being charged for what is totaling $550 AFTER we left... They automatically charge a 15% gratuity to everything and they give poor rude service then get worse after you don't give extra.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

So disappointed, we were recommended to stay at the Cove, considering the high cost we thought it should be a great property, 97% of the staff are extremely rude, they were all unhappy and treated us so poorly, and we learned from others the same. Everything was an average standards and very expensive, food quality was poor except one Italian restaurant, we were supposed to get $250 credit for each room, even though I showed them the confirmation proof, they still did not honor it and gave us partial credit. Water park is very unsafe. Most disappointing aspect was the service and impoliteness of the staff. We heard since Marriott took over the quality and service went down tremendously. Will never go back.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

2nd trip to Atlantis was a disappointment. Spent 6 days in the Atlantis Resort in August 2017. We expected so much more than we experienced. Communication between hotel staff and guests was terrible! Very confusing where you can use cc or room key and where only cash is accepted. Taxis only take cash. If you use cc to pay for drinks & food on resort, it will not be applied to any resort credit! So beware. Rooms & decor need updating. Paint in the hallways & rooms is outdated! We had a hard time opening & closing the blinds in our bedroom because the track was rusted. Our coffee station in the room was not replenished after the 2nd night! Every morning we were woken up from the housekeepers slamming room doors as they did their morning runs.

We had a hard time finding good eats! Starbucks was our morning ritual since it was located in our tower. Our favorite restaurant was Cafe Matisse! The service, food and ambiance were all fabulous! The manager even took care of our cab fare back to resort, when were told by driver that only cash was accepted yet, hotel bell personnel told us otherwise that evening! Pool and water activities were fun! Too much food & garbage lying around attracted lots of pigeons! Pool staff was scarce, especially when we wanted to order food & drinks! Beach was amazing! So beautiful! The locals were a pleasure to meet and chat with. Beach chairs were free of charge, umbrellas were $30 for the day. I do not recommend Atlantis. Was a simple disappointment.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I came to Atlantis for a few hours just to see hotel with family and view their world famous aquarium. What a disappointment indeed it was! The hotel is out dated. Certain parts of the hotel the roof was falling apart. You can tell hotel needed work. We paid $42.00 per person to see their aquarium - which was a joke! The aquarium was murky and the water was not clean. I'm truly surprised that the hotel is not keeping up with aquarium. You could hardly see the fish in the dirty tank. It was supposed to be a 40 minute aquarium time - we finished in 15 min. What a waste of money! Will not be coming back here again. That is for sure!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantis Resort?

Original review: July 22, 2017

I am writing this review as I am still here at the resort. I am hoping to help someone make a decision about spending a couple grand on a vacation. First of all, you’re probably like everyone else, you have this idea of a paradise island. But upon landing you see your first clue flying low over dilapidated homes. Your ride in shows you that the Bahamas is in need of financial help. You see a few small strip mall types places that remind you of foreclosed homes. Finally after several round abouts with a driver who seems not too friendly you go over a bridge to the ATLANTIS. I chose the cheapest hotel, beach tower. If you have to come choose a different hotel. Period. Reef. Cove. Royal. I think that had a lot to do with my not so great experience. My mistake but damn, it's still 1500 for four nights.

The room was not sooo great. Slightly musty, low pressure shower with some mold slightly showing. Outdated. And small. But that's wasn't the bad part. The beaches have quite a bit of trash on them. The sand is beautiful, but the straws sticking out and yesterday's party trash kinda takes away from the beauty. I'll try the other beaches tomorrow. The pools and lazy river ehhhh. Whole resort seems like it needs a renovation. The prices of things on the resort... ugh... like 1 yogurt was 5.35. Everything in the resort is marked up 250%. Like absolutely ridiculous. IF you must go, take the ferry over to downtown/straw market. You will find muuuch better deals on souvenirs. I am not exaggerating on the prices on Atlantis, disgusting.

Other complaints is - If you’re not of ** descent, be prepared to be treated like second class over others. About 60% of people are this way. The staff does not smile enough and they make you feel as though they are mad or bothered and then there are some super terrific people too. We went to the stores right off the resort too and I ordered some nachos and they looked fantastic. Everything but the powdered cheese sauce was pretty good.

I'm not a negative person, believe me. We did make the best of it but I will not ever come back unless it's free. And even then I would have to be promised a new room in a new building. Please take your money and book Maui, So Cal, Europe, a cruise in the Caribbean, Florida, New York, Boston, Ireland. I do not recommend this place at all. It's not the paradise I imagined for all these years. Also found it very surprising that one of the nice people here told me that 40-60 percent of the people here don’t know how to swim. Huh!?! I will make the very best of my last day. Take care and I hope this helps in your decision.

Original review: July 9, 2017

My sister took me to the Atlantis Resort at Paradise Island. Beautiful beaches & pools. The staff was absolutely the rudest I have ever experienced. Always wanted to go there, but will not be going back. Would suggest going to Hawaii if you are looking for paradise.

Original review: June 19, 2017

My family and I booked a trip to Atlantis around four months ago. A week before my trip I started reading the reviews on this website and they were all so negative, so I was worried the trip wasn't going to be as fun as I hoped! I got here at Atlantis 8 days ago and I'm really confused as to why the reviews are so negative. I really feel like we're at different resorts or something! Their customer service here is so professional and everyone I've talked to has been just so nice! Every employee I walk past greets me and asks how I am. I seriously recommend doing the activity called, Trainer for a Day, as it was one of the most amazing experiences! They take you behind the scenes, I got to ride a dolphin, and swim with the stingrays. They even have a photographer take pictures of everything for you!

I read so many complaints that the rooms were dirty, but stepping off the elevator onto your floor you can literally smell how fresh and clean it is, same for when you walk into your room. It's also super convenient because you can pay for everything on the resort with your room key! The food is also very good. I read another review on here that was talking about how they had a nut and dairy allergy and the chefs failed to inform that they were using almond flour in the bread or something... I have a bad nut allergy so reading that review really scared me and made me very cautious of what I was eating at first. I don't understand that review either because I ate multiple sandwiches from different places along the resort and food from pretty much every restaurant they have and never had a problem!

I would recommend going to Murrays for breakfast because their food is so good, and they have one of the best brownies I ever had! Also, the cove/the beach is the nicest I've ever been to, and the waterpark is so fun and great for kids. The only complaint I would have is that they automatically add a 15% gratuity on your bill. But other than that, this resort is truly amazing and I would recommend it to everyone!

Original review: June 9, 2017

2nd and last time we will be staying at Atlantis. We were here 3 years ago and had a great time. This was our 3rd trip to the Bahamas and sadly most likely our last. I honesty do not feel safe. My husband left his phone charging in the hotel room while we went to dinner and when we came back the phone was gone. While we were at dinner I was getting fraud notifications from American Express on my phone but was not able to dial out. I was going to use his phone.

As soon as we got back to the room and noticed the phone was gone we immediately notified front desk and of course no one was much help. They "filled out a report" but we know we're not getting his phone back. The maid did come for turn down service while we were at dinner and there were two men painting all day in the room next door. I can only assume where the phone may have gone. This has ruined our vacation and not how I wanted to spend our last night here. I cannot get off this island fast enough!

Original review: May 22, 2017

My fiancé and I recently spent four nights at the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas. We really enjoyed ourselves the first three nights, and even commented that it would be a great place to bring a family in the future. That changed on the last night. On our last night we, and multiple others on our floor, listened as a woman on screamed from her room begging for help. We could hear a loud altercation going on in the room (what sounded like someone being thrown around, with loud crashes into the door and walls). We could hear her and a male voice screaming at each other loudly as well as her repeatedly screaming "HELP". We, along with others on the floor, called security MULTIPLE times describing the situation and begging for them to come help.

After nobody arrived immediately and the sounds coming from the room continued to worsen, we ran downstairs searching for help. The first two security personnel members that we stopped told us they were not allowed to leave their current posts but that someone would be up shortly. In fact, one resort employee (a woman working the front desk in the lobby) threatened to call security on us if we did not stop "causing a scene" in the hotel lobby. It was not until we screamed that we would make sure the hotel faced a lawsuit and PR nightmare if they did not get upstairs immediately to save the screaming woman, that a single (apparently unarmed) male security guard, accompanied by a petite female manager, finally went upstairs.

I would estimate that AT LEAST 20 minutes passed between the time guests from our floor first called security and the time that security finally arrived. The things that can happen to a person in a violent situation in a 20 minute span are horrifying. What is equally horrifying is how long it took Atlantis security to respond to the situation. To have security take that long when someone is literally screaming for help like their life depends on it is completely unacceptable and frightening. I encourage everyone to think twice before ever staying at, or bringing their family to, Atlantis.

Original review: May 15, 2017

When I read the negative reviews of Atlantis on Paradise Island, I wondered if they were ratings for the same place. I was there 4 times, my daughter was there 10 times, and we had nothing but wonderful experiences. We do normally stay at the Cove and most recently at a Royal Towers' Regal suite, so it may be the case of 'you get what you pay for'. However, we never encountered a rude employee, bad food service or bad food throughout the resort. Maybe we were just lucky. If I would criticize anything, it would be the lazy river during our May 2017 stay. It had black "stuff" floating around at the entrance, and the water felt "thick", like it needed changing or filtering.

One person fell off the tube during the Rapid River ride, and was dragged for a few moments, I even bumped into him inadvertently and as he was being dragged he bumped my adult daughter off her tube too, but a lifeguard jumped in right away and caught up with him, and all was well with him and with my daughter as well. Neither of them complained and in the end laughed about their little adventure down the rapid river. It is unfortunate if there is, indeed, a "you get what you pay for" mentality, as many of these reports indicate. I hope never to experience that.

Original review: April 17, 2017

Recently we spent 11 nights at the Cove. We have been traveling to the Atlantis property for over 13 years so before the Cove even existed. We were spending our vacations there 1-3 times per year. It was our families favorite vacation destination until our recent trip at the end of March. They have their adult pool where the staff looks the other way as many inappropriate/illegal activities go on. We traveled with our family so only went to adult pool area 1 time to get take out food and 1 time for my wife to get a drink - less than 1 hour total over the course of our 11 night stay. Unfortunately, the actions they allow at the adult pool and throughout the resort negatively impacted my stay when a group of overly intoxicated young adults came out and were having a wrestling match right in front of the towel hut where the employees congregate at the end of their day.

Their wrestling match affected me because they landed on the side of my leg and my wife told them to watch out and be careful as I just had back surgery. After saying some derogatory words to her one of them punched her in the side and the group scattered with half running up the hill towards the Cove (the wrestling match continued and one almost fell into the shrubs with water running down - there are cameras right there which I suggested they review) and another group running towards the Reef. Hotel employees and security all pretended to see nothing. All we wanted to do was stay down at the beach and enjoy the beach as the evening wore on because our trip was ending.

The next morning at 5:30 am I went down to see the Cove manager and the front desk guy said he was setting up for a large group but should be back within an hour. I came back to see him about 6:15 am. He took a couple notes of the incident and said, "I would like you to report this to security. Is it ok if security contacts you at 9:30 am?" "Sure," I replied. Unfortunately security didn't contact us until much past that and the only thing they offered to do was take a picture of my wife's side where she was punched. Was that for their own protection or to actually do something to the people who hit her? (Not sure who a picture of her side would help their investigation and we would just spend needless time sitting in the room waiting for security). Atlantis and particularly Cove security is there for the sole purpose to make sure no one staying there goes onto their property - not to keep others safe.

During my brief conversation with the Cove manager his cell phone was ringing multiple times and he was panicking each time it rang until he ultimately excused himself to have front desk worker answer the phone. It was at that point I realized that my 1-3 trips a year to the Cove are nothing compared to the group he was taking care of. After all, if I've traveled there 25 times in 13 years I'm sure that group he was handling will more than make up for me not coming back. My hope in writing the review is that it will alert other to the unsafe resort Atlantis and the Cove have become. It is such a shame because it is one of the most beautiful places we've ever been. My son's brand new iPhone was stolen, my wife was called derogatory names and punched, and this was supposed to be our vacation.

We were so excited to come as we were scheduled to come in October 2016 but missed out due to the hurricane so this really made this trip extra important to us. Now instead of the beaches, pools, and family activities I'm left with memories of theft and assault. It is ironic that this incident happened the night after I took my son for a walk to get pizza. We saw a security guard with a German Shepherd. Questioned him what that was for and he said it was an attack dog for guests who won't comply with instructions. If you're at a resort that doesn't have a safety problem, why would they own such a dog? I'm sure Atlantis will be fine without my business. As I explained to them when you have beautiful year round weather, lots of activities, and a beautiful beach you will always draw the crowds. I just hope that someday Atlantis and the Cove will go back to a management group that cares and understands the property, guests, and employees.

Atlantis will always be a special place to us, but this last 11 night visit has left such a bad feeling that it is hard to get past and return anytime soon. We realize we are going to pay a premium for everything at this resort, but in turn we should receive premium amenities, service, SECURITY, and the greatest/relaxing vacation. Unfortunately, due to security we all went home with the incident of my wife being punched in front of a group of Cove employees as our lasting memory.

Original review: March 22, 2017

Injuries in Adventure Cove, no staff to help. My family and I were injured in the rapid river ride, we could not find anyone to help us, or offer us any assistance. The staff did not care, and was not helpful at all. Even we're hurt and bleeding they did not care to help or transport us to the nurse's facility. Security staff were very rude, I was pleading for help and mercy. They told me to walk to the nurse's office and no first aid to help at all. Nurse was extremely rude. I will never go back there again, simply for that reason, it's not safe, and in case of injury, they are not there to assist the injured.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

Where to start??? We arrived late on 12/26/16. We were tired and hungry. Our room smelled like smoke, the room was extremely overpriced for what we got and the room service took 2 hours that night and the food was terrible. My assistant called at least 5x to speak with someone and all she could get on the phone was a customer service rep who was no help what-so-ever. No one ever called her back from the actual resort. They did offer to move us to another room higher up in the tower, but that was it. Throughout the entire stay the customer service was consistently bad and way too expensive. We actually changed our flight and left a day early. A $20,000.00 vacation that was actually worth about half of that. The kids enjoyed the activities, but we will never come back again.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2017

My stay at Atlantis was nice - great pools and a beautiful view of the ocean. However, besides the fire alarm going off four times in one night, my biggest complaint about this hotel is the way they treat their animals. The cats they have on the resort are extremely friendly and sweet. They don't beg, and they never bite or scratch. However, after speaking to several employees, I learned that management frequently rounds up as many of these cats as possible and euthanizes them. This infuriates me. Another employee told me that before there were cats (and I only saw 5 during my whole stay - they aren't covering every inch of the property or anything) they had a rat problem due to the large amount of waste the resort generates.

I don't know about you, but I would much prefer a few cats to hundreds of rats. Also, all the cats that I encountered at the resort were neutered (thanks to a generous employee who does his best to care for the cats and their medical needs - therefore they are also all vaccinated as well). If you are planning on staying at this resort, please consider speaking to management about the way they treat their animals. It has greatly impacted my opinion of this hotel.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

Atlantis Bahamas, fraudulent continues to charge my credit card. They will not call me back or return emails to rectify this situation. The entire stay was over priced and poor service is their standard. In my situation I was there at a conference. I work til 8 pm every evening only to return to my room and find it has not been cleaned. But yet you get charged a gratuity for housekeeping every day. Getting from one building to another leave an hour to ride the hotel bus. Prepare to pay even too much for water, each bottle is $8.00. I would not mind paying for good service and high-quality food, but this isn't the case here. Also you cannot trust this place to fraudulently charge your credit card and refuse to return communication to correct.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2016

I recently purchased a day excursion for Atlantis Water Park from Carnival Cruise Lines as I vacationed with my Grandson and husband. I was horrified as I watched pool employees hustling regular beach chairs and umbrellas to sit by the pool. I'm not talking about specialty cabanas or special chairs that I realize cost extra. The pool boys place towels on the lounge chairs and when you sit on a chair they tell you that all these 8 chairs are for Peter.

It is obvious that none of these chairs are being used as my husband observed the transactions taking place throughout the day. People who wanted to purchase the chair would pay them off. He even saw one man's umbrella that he purchased was resold when he left for a while. The guest was not happy. I did ask several pool employees about this practice. They seemed to be totally unconcerned. This seems to be acceptable practice around the pool. The brochure stated that pool chairs are free as long as available. So the employees place the towels on the chairs making them unavailable. The employees then hustle to make money off this practice in plain sight of superiors. Not good for future business.

Original review: July 20, 2016

If I could give them a zero rating I would. From the moment we checked in the VIP Host check in clerk was rude and had the worst attitude. We got to our room and wanted to take a nap and there was blood stains on the sheets. We tried to sleep and there was loud music but we thought it was outside. We spent the day out at the pools and beaches and the bars are not clean, sticky and outdated. After a full day we got to the room to sleep at 11 pm. The music was extremely loud so I called the front desk and they said they would send security - an hour later the music was still obnoxiously loud and they were banging on our wall. We called the front desk to speak to a manager at which time he said he would come to see us. At 1 am the issue was still not resolved and the manager said he spoke with the mother of the teens and took care of it and they couldn't move us.

They couldn't do anything at all for us, not even a simple sorry. You come to relax and they let teens rule the halls and blast music. There is zero security in the hotel and definitely none to the guest bedrooms. They let whomever whenever in the hotel. We went to Jean Georges restaurant one night and the host was nasty and rude! I can't imagine why people stay here at all. They treat everyone poorly. The room cleaning service is the worst I've ever had, even in places much much cheaper it's much better. We had coffee in the hotel coffee pot and she didn't clean the pot and left dirty used laundry bags. We left and ordered a limo the night before to take us to the airport and we had to wait 20 minutes for a pre reserved limo. The head of car services said they had a shortage but didn't say sorry. They could care less if you ever come back. If you can afford it stay at the OneandOnly resort where everyone is treated with respect and appreciation.

Original review: July 6, 2016

The place sales itself, is beautiful; but the staff is very rude. They seem not to understand that their main source of income are us the tourists. We stayed at the Royal towers. It was very expensive, specially the food. Buy the meal plan if you can, because even that is very pricey but worthy. The room were not clean properly. Room service was horrible. I ordered chocolate milk for my daughters. 3 hours later I had to call back to find out they never put the order through.

At the store where they sell souvenirs the workers were very disrespectful; most of the staff is very rude. I complained with the manager. I hope that helped a little bit but honestly go there on your cheapest budget, or you will be very disappointed. After I spent 16 thousands to go there just to sleep on a dirty room, and be treated like I was begging. They should do a great clean up of the staff and train them well because the place is beautiful but the treatment you will get is not worth that kind of money. With a fraction of that you will go to places that you will feel good and be treated with respect.

Original review: July 3, 2016

Overall Atlantis is a beautiful experience. However for the price I paid and the fact that I booked and paid in full four months before I arrived (they had my money for 4 months). The staff at the coral towers were rude and basically said tough luck on the condition of the room. I was led to believe that I would have a room to accommodate my whole family. It is what I paid for.

I ended up with a room with a bed and a roll out couch ($300/night). There wasn’t enough room for us all to unpack. I lived out of the suitcase for the majority of the time. My husband and daughter were able to unpack. There was one working electric outlet in the room and almost no working lights. The wifi was hit or miss. When I complained I was promised someone would be in in the morning to fix the electric and the lights. I’m here one more day and I’m still in this horrible room and my daughter spend her vacation sleeping on a couch. I have a view of the staff coming to work in the morning. None of the beautiful views of Atlantis and I did early check in. I’ve complained every day I’m here and nothing. I’ve stayed at Days Inns with rooms in better shape than this for $90/night. I asked them to comp me for the 3 nights that they overprice the room. I was told "You paid. We don’t comp." The staff was horrible about all of it. So what’s my next steps?

Original review: May 30, 2016

Overall, Atlantis was the worst vacation experience we've ever had. We would never recommend Atlantis to anyone and especially not the All-Inclusive plan. Every aspect of our vacation was sub-standard compared with the many other All-Inclusive vacations we've been on. Atlantis is overrated and overpriced, terrible experience. We were not told that we'd have to pay security deposits for each room prior to check-in. The staff throughout the resort were not familiar with the All-Inclusive plan. Tracking the All-Inclusive bars and restaurants was completely inconvenient. The All-Inclusive menus in select restaurants was lacking. The check-in process took 2 hours. The process of billing everything to the room and settling up at the end of our stay was a pain, stressful, and was horrible service. We were only able to find one pool with a bar and there were no servers walking around taking orders.

Throughout the resort, there were no servers taking drink orders. Lines for some restaurants were extremely long for those on the All-Inclusive plan. At check-out we had to speak with the front desk manager to get $600 in incorrect charges removed from our bill. Our room was a mix of furniture that didn't match, looked very run-down, and dated.

Original review: May 30, 2016

We just returned from a 6 night 7 days stay at Coral Towers. When I read the above reviews I think, did we stay at the same place? I do not know what people expect. It is a vacation destination. It is going to be more expensive than at home. We had a wonderful time. I will admit I was getting a little nervous after I read some of the reviews. If I had listened to them we would not have gone. It was relaxing, beautiful. The room was just what I asked for. Walk in shower, the room was clean, no smell. The staff was always friendly. Housekeeping cleaned our room daily. I would go back in a heartbeat. I will admit, sometimes it was a little difficult finding a handicapped ramp but after several days we learned where to navigate to find them or elevators. It was a wonderful vacation.

Original review: April 29, 2016

My husband and I took our daughters, their husbands and 4 grandchildren to Atlantis in March of 2016 for a week. I asked for a handicapped room with a shower chair and arranged for a motorized wheelchair. The wheelchair was exchanged for a motorized scooter when I complained that the battery life did not exceed 45 minutes. The only outside elevator was broken, so we could not go down to the water park to watch the grandchildren. We were able to get to the pool directly behind our hotel; but, my husband could not use the pool as it did not have a lift. When we asked about the other pools, we were told that none of the pools had lifts.

We continued to have battery problems with the wheelchair and it was not unusual to have to stop in the hall, plug in the scooter and wait for 30 minutes before we continued on to our destination. My husband is a below the knee amputee, is 6 foot 2 and weighs 300 lbs. The shower chair was small and the legs bent under him. Customer Service said that was the only chair available. He could not take a shower and washed out of the sink the entire week. He was very happy to go home. We will not return.

Original review: April 20, 2016

We booked our vacation through AAA. Spent $15,000 for round trip airline tickets for my family of 6 and booked 4 nights at The Cove. We arrived at 3:15pm and were told our room was not ready and had to wait in lobby till 4:00. Our luggage was immediately taken and we could not changed into our bathing suits while waiting. After getting into our adjoining rooms we realized it was not what we were sold. We paid for one room with a king bed with an adjoining room of two queen bed. Instead we were given two rooms with one king bed and one queen. Our children took turns sleeping on cots. The doors to the balcony were next to impossible to open and after complaining a serviceman appeared at our room to repair it on the 3rd night at 11:15pm. We told him he could not repair it at that time as we were sleeping.

We have a nut and dairy allergy in our family and even after the chef came to our table to hear our allergies our food was often served with nuts and cheese. One night my daughters got an anaphylactic reaction to bread served at the Bahemi Club. We were informed by one chef that the bread was nut free and after it, my girls reacted and got hives and started vomiting. A second chef told us the bread is made with almond flour. We rushed out and I gave them Benadryl and epipens. It was a miserable night. The Cove felt bad and said they will pay for our next meal at the Dune and personally meet with the chef to review our allergies. After personally meeting with the chef to again review our allergies our meals came out with cheese.

The employees are like robots with fake smiles and move at snail's pace. They speak under their breath and hardly make eye contact. They were rude to special needs child by initially telling him he could not use the pool because he can not wear their paper bracelets without pulling it off. After initially being informed it was not an issue before our arrival he was demanded to wear the bracelet. The employee was annoyed and would budge saying it was policy. I actually cried at this point. After seeing my reaction, the employee said "I guess he can go, but he's supposed to wear a bracelet."

The trip was a nightmare. The rooms were an issue, the food was an issue, their insensitivity to special needs was disgraceful. And the more we tried to rectify the issues more issues came to surface. Finally made it to a bar for a relaxing drink at 5:50pm and was told we had to get a drink at different bar because they stop serving at 6:00pm. We informed them it was 6:00 yet and said he was leaving. This place is a scam!

Original review: March 1, 2016

I spent one night at Atlantis attending a conference there, but two days after I got back I started to itch all over my body, the itching got worse and worse day by day. I went to my doctor thinking that it might be eczema, but the shocking news was when my doctor asked me, "Have you been travelling?", and I replied: "Yes I was in Atlantis." After that he told me, "You got infected with scabies from the hotel." That was shocking. I never thought I will get scabies from a five star hotel, but apparently they did not even bother to clean the bed sheets. I am suffering from severe itching and sleepless night that all from spending one single night at the Atlantis.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2016

My fiancé and I traveled here this past weekend for Valentine's Day. The only reason why we stayed at the Atlantis was because I came here as a kid with my family about 15 years ago. Let me tell you - it has CHANGED. I'd rather stay at a La Quinta than this dump. Right after we swam with the dolphins on Sunday, we went to the Sports bar in the Casino to watch the ponies. We walked up to the bar and the bartender started asking my fiancé questions about his watch. We ordered one drink each and shared a glass of white wine (within a 4.5 hour period of time). We both started to hallucinate, our mouths began to go back and forth from salivating to drying up, we became extremely aggressive and dizzy. I only remember bits and pieces so I am trying to recollect to the best of my ability here. I remember the security doing absolutely nothing.

I kept repeating myself over and over and over again and felt as though everything was a dreamlike sensation. The staff/security separated the two of us because we let them know of the violence and roofies (we believe were Ketamine, and we're waiting for a blood test) we were exposed to. The security was a joke - they completely swept it under the rug. The next day, the woman who I apparently spoke with (yet I don't recall ever meeting her in my life) offered to get their private investigator involved. OK let's do that so you can burn the tape. We have the US Embassy involved and are taking the steps to prevent this from happening to another person. This is a serious incident of assault from their staff which cannot go unaddressed. Please do not stay at this resort. The Bahamas is not what you think it is and neither is the Atlantis.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2016

I visited Atlantis for one day when we got off a cruise ship. The park was very overcrowded, but they continued to sell tickets to make it more crowded. The worst part was half the water slides were closed and the one that were opened had no water tubes. People were literally begging for water tubes as people came off the slides. It made the whole experience sad and uncomfortable. How can such a wealthy resort run out of cheap water tubes. Thankfully, only one day of my vacation was ruined. For the people who travelled only to Atlantis, their whole vacation was ruined.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2016

My wife and I took a cruise and purchased tickets to Atlantis for the port. All I have to say is to never go to Nassau. Never go to Atlantis. It is poorly managed with employees that don't and don't do their job. The beach was closed, half the water slides were not available. I will say that the river and the slides that were open were a lot of fun. But everything else about the park was terrible. We arrived at the port at 9:00 AM. By the time we got to Atlantis it was nearly 11:00 AM. We were told that towels would be complimentary for us. Then our "guide" said that "THIS IS NOT A TOUR" but he walked us around the entire park which is absolutely massive.

It was a very slow walk also since we have handicapped people in our group. By the time we go to the only spot that apparently had towels, it was already 12:30 PM. We were hungry at this point so we ate our "free" lunch that we paid for was decent but its $20 for a snack wrap. By the time we finished that and got in the water it was a little after 1:00 PM. Again, half the slides available, and no beach available, and I wanted to go snorkel in the water that they advertise but surprise surprise that wasn't available either. We paid about $400 for the 2 of us to go down the same 5 slides. We had to be back on the boat by 5:30 so we didn't have a lot of time there. AVOID NASSAU at all costs. People are extremely rude there.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

Stayed here 1st week in January 2016. Please do not stay here for what so ever reason and pass the word around. We were here for our daughter's 10th bday and believe me when I say it was hell on earth. They charged us fraudulently, were very rude, rooms are dusty and dirty, very over priced. I truly regret coming to the Bahamas just because of the useless hotel I will NEVER be back. I have stayed at Atlantis Dubai several times and I can tell you it's nothing like this. They must be under different management because this place is the worst place I have ever stayed in my life and believe me when I say I have been to many hotels. I have evidence on all the topics I mentioned and I am filing a formal claim and complaint against them

Original review: Jan. 3, 2016

The Atlantis is a massive, dirty, overcrowded, overpriced, 1990's style dump!! The carpet in our room was so dirty, the beds, uncomfortable, the furniture, cheap and ugly. There were water stains on the ceiling and the room smelled very mildewy. I have stayed in Holiday Inns that are much nicer. The food is barely edible, and costs a mini fortune. It cost $160 for my 2 daughters (10 & 12) and I to eat a buffet dinner. Seriously? The pools, and beaches are so overcrowded. The lines for all the water rides are insane, but to make matters worse, the hotel allows all the tourists from the cruise ships into the water parks which then only makes the lines that much longer. I can't believe I paid $850 a night for that experience. I could have stayed at an elegant Ritz Carlton for that price. I will NEVER go back.

Atlantis Resort Company Information