Paradise Island, Bahamas

4.0/5 (46 ratings)

About Atlantis Resort

Atlantis Resort Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantis Resort?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantis Resort?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

0 STAR REVIEW, POSSIBLE ATLANTIS GUESTS BEWARE AND GO ELSEWHERE!!! This is being written while stuck in quarantine in our room with no help from management. I am hoping to help prevent someone else from making the same mistake as us and staying at the Atlantis. We booked a trip to the Atlantis for us and my parents to have a dream come true type trip. To say the least we got far from that and it had ended up being a nightmare. We did all the testing beforehand and made it to the resort and are staying at the Coral Tower. Definitely older and outdated nothing spectacular about the room and in fact the Coral pool is closed for renovations and you have to bus over to another pool.

The one shining light of the trip was the excursion to pig island which included feeding them then traveling to another island to feed iguanas and then to swim with sharks. That was amazing and would hugely recommend it to anyone traveling to the Bahamas. However if you are trying to figure out where to stay, choose BAHA MAR! I don’t know if it’s more expensive and if so by how much but I’d pay that difference or stay less time to be able to stay there. I contracted covid here and tested positive the 23rd. Immediately get notified to quarantine in the room and that staff would reach out and nurses would be checking in daily (which hasn’t happened). Was given a “number” to the manager which we still can’t get ahold of and it’s like moving mountains to get water delivered. We were told we get a “preferred rate” of $424 a night due to covid.

You might be thinking the travel insurance you pay for before coming will solve everything, not quite. We front all the cost and can be reimbursed up to $500 a day. Hmm? The room is $424 and a basic meal for two cost $70, whelp over the $500 mark by breakfast… and to qualify for the travel insurance you have to confirm your positive covid test with a pcr test which you have to pay $400 for. When trying to get this pcr test I was told they may not be able to get to me tonight because “they stop testing at 8” and there were 9 OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAD TO GRT TESTED TOO. Management doesn’t seem to care that we are stuck in our small room during Christmas with basic cable tv and no water paying out the ** for the experience.

Even better my wife is forced to quarantine with me in the same room who tested negative with no symptoms basically ensuring she will now get it too, how about put her in the adjoining room so we could be close and her not be forced to get infected. Then to top it off I find out the resort close by the, Baha Mar, that per their website “Baha Mar’s Travel with Confidence Program pledges that should a resort guest test positive during their stay, Baha Mar will facilitate their quarantine with courtesy accommodations and a daily resort in-room dining credit of $150 per person per day, for up to 14 days or until the guest receives a negative COVID-19 result. Should the guest choose to leave The Bahamas earlier, Baha Mar will provide private air travel to the US mainland for the guest and their immediate family, free of charge.” Baha Mar goes above and beyond their customers and Atlantis is content with pretending theirs don’t exist.

My parents, who thank God, had left the day before all this started. They are now freaking about knowing we are stuck here with terrible service and conditions and are currently considering Air Ambulances to get us back ranging between $25,000 to $30,000, not something plausible for them or us. So it seems we are stuck, with little care from the Atlantis Resort team and we will have to see how the next few days turn out. In fact the GM “respectfully declined” to do anything besides the resort fee of $59 a day. He did make sure to ask if we got our covid care package consuming of garbage bags full of shampoo and coffee toilet paper and sanitation wipes. Do yourself a favor and consider another place to travel to, anywhere else.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

We stayed at the Cove Atlantis from August 1-7 2001. While we were impressed with the beauty and hospitality upon our initial check in, we were very disappointed in many other aspects of the resort. First and foremost, most of the staff were very uninviting and rude. When we would ask a question or need assistance, they would point or answer with a one word answer. Very few of the staff would greet us or ask how we were doing. It seemed obvious that they did not like their jobs or appreciate our tourism. Secondly, we were very disappointed in the lack of attention and cleanliness that staff devoted to the beautiful beach, specifically Paradise Beach.

The chairs, while very comfortable, were dirty and covered in lotion from the previous occupant. You had to clean off the sand each day and we had to pull the chairs down to the water each morning. The beach was strewn with trash (plastic cups, masks, straws, sand toys, dirty towels, etc.) It broke my heart to see such disregard for the beach. The resort makes other efforts to be environmentally conscious (ie water bottles, paper straws, etc.) but gravely mistreats its most valuable asset. It is highly unlikely that we would recommend (or return) to this resort. While it does have many attractive features, the overall experience was very disappointing.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Stayed in Royal Atlantis. Was “upgraded” to room with two doubles in unrenovated West building. Was injured on Rapids when attendant left his station to chat with another worker and six riders all converged at the entry point to the rapids. Staff was less than helpful. Only about half the resort is open at this time. Would strongly suggest seeking another vacation resort option.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Have never stayed at such a rude and dirty resort. The staff must be poorly managed and underpaid because they are almost all rude. You spend 3x the normal prices at other resorts to eat and the wait is 3x as long but not due to the line. The workers are just slow and don’t care. They act like it’s such a big deal if you ask for plates or forks with your $159 lunch.

Upon check in our toilet had urine and blood on the seat, the shower uncleaned, folded towels that had who knows what on them. This was after we waited hours to check in because the room wasn’t ready at the promised 4pm time.. They kept saying they are extra cleaning it for Covid. Counters dirty and mirrors had hand prints. (No extra cleaning done) After a $60 cab ride from the hotel and customs a clean room on time would have been amazing!

The resort booked an excursion for us. Told us to be there at 7. We arrived an hour earlier than anyone else that booked online and weren’t able to do the excursion due to not being on the list. So now to deal with sleepy upset kids and no excursion. I asked to speak to a manager and after waiting on her for an hour I have up. With let downs, dirty rooms, trash on the beach, no recycling and bad attitude employees this is the last resort you’d want to spend money at.

Original review: May 9, 2021

Booked a trip on 5/6. Fully Refundable. First they were supposed to charge a deposit but rather charged the full fee. Sneaky. I cancelled today, 5/9, 3 days later and am told 60-90 days for refund. I advise rep that is nowhere in my booking paperwork so I will give them two weeks before I contact my credit card. They are running some sort of Ponzi scheme to run day to day operations. I understand financial issues due to Covid but they should have updated policies a year ago so people would not be deceived by the “flexible cancellation” and refund policy.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I reserved my trip through Atlantis because they had an offer for Florida residents to stay more than 5 nights and get the 4th night free. I needed to pay the full price upfront which was $1,903.80 (with taxes and resort fees); there was no breakdown about the savings of the 4th night being free. When I checked in, I asked for a breakdown and they informed once I check out they would have the breakdown by night with any additional expenses I may have charged the room.

When I checked out I asked for the breakdown. I was overcharged over $400; breakdown showed just over $1,500 for my total stay. I disputed the overcharge and showed them what I was charged on my Amex. I wanted to speak with the manager to resolve this issue and they only wanted to speak to me over the phone. I was writing notes on the breakdown sheets of the difference in price.

While I was on the phone with the manager the lobby attendant took the breakdown sheet from me and ripped it up & was told by the manager not to give me another copy. They claim the additional charges was having a third person (my 9 yrs old daughter) who was on the reservation to begin with. They find the prices are for 2 per person occupancy and any additional person there's a $75 nightly fee charge. Which wasn't in my contract. They were going to send me a new copy of my reservation contract. I asked them to review my contract when I made the reservation and highlight the fine print. All in all... Atlantis is not worth going... The service is horrible... It's overrated and overpriced. I have made a dispute with Amex.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Just putting this out there for anyone that planned on traveling to Atlantis Hotel & Casino, Paradise Island, Nassau, Bahamas once they reopen. I am very sensitive to how Covid-19 has affected operations and finances in every industry. However, I am not cool with poor customer service & feels the response of a company speaks volumes. My trip was planned for 3/27. The ONLY reason I cancelled is because the DHS said they weren't prepared to help folks get back to the US if they traveled internationally & got stuck. I contacted Atlantis on 3/25 by phone, and was instructed to email my refund request.

Today is AUGUST 27...I have yet to receive my refund for this trip. It's been over 120 DAYS...a runaround of phone tag & emails without success. Searching this morning for options, it appears that trend has continued for other travelers as well. As much as I love the beach & wanted to visit this resort, Atlantis Nassau will NOT be getting any business from me in the future. I am going to continue to post my experience online and will begin to include email chains until I get a response. Again, I understand the resort suffered losses from Covid-19, but so have I as an individual, and I can really use my money right now.

Original review: July 31, 2020

Hello. I had a similar experience with Atlantis not giving me my money back after they shut down the hotel during my Scheduled stay During Covid Madness in Apr. 2020. I will say that the phones reps were all very nice but I was told I’d get my refund in 90 days but that never happened. So here’s how I got my refund: I waited The 90 days then called them when it didn’t arrive; they told me to wait 10 more days. No refund; I called back; they told me to wait another week; no refund, and on and on. This is July now....was supposed to get refund in June. Finally I called my credit card company and disputed the charges. This worked! Within two days all the money was Refunded back to me on my card and within two weeks I got a confirmation letter from my credit card company notifying me that Atlantis didn’t dispute my disputed charges. Maybe those of you with a similar frustrating experience can try this method. It worked for me. Hope this helps!

Original review: July 28, 2020

Due to closure of Bahamas due to COVID- our May 2020 trip was cancelled. We have been asking for refund since April- Have many emails that return will be 30-90 days. Still have not received refund. Contacted CC company to look into... Careful making plans.

Original review: July 15, 2020

On 9 August 2019, my wife and I paid in full for 4 suites in The Reef Atlantis to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary between June 7-12, 2020, with the families of our 3 daughters. We opted for the highest rate, which allowed us to cancel the reservation up to 14 days prior to check-in and get full refund. Due to Covid 19 travel restrictions, we asked Atlantis to cancel our reservations on April 5, 2020 and asked for refund of full amount as per our contract. Despite repeated emails during the past 100 days after the cancellation notice, Atlantis is refusing to let us know the date of the refund.

Atlantis Resort Company Information