1.57/5

Paradise Island, Bahamas

109 Atlantis Resort Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I have traveled the world over many times and never had problems really worth mentioning. But this hotel is the most corrupt I've ever been to. The total price I was suppose to pay from booking.com was $2127.11 Every day there they had so many hidden charges mentioned apparently to booking.com as to boggle the mind. By the time I left, they increased the charge over $2,000.00 dollars which I trigger to dispute but to no avail. They hold security deposits in the sum of anywhere between 200-400 a day which gets held on your credit card. When I checked out, they had a total held on my credit card of 5,000.00.

Mind you I paid 1500.00 of the original 2127.11 before I even arrived so you can imagine my dismay. I'm not sure to be mad at Booking.com (whom I have booked trips probably a hundred times) or Atlantis, but the fact they even hold on your credit card daily hundreds of dollars is quite obscene. Most of the people there are not professionals you would expect if you are from the US or Europe. Highly suggest you do not go to this corrupt place. You will leave calculating you owe a few hundred, and they will place thousands on you that you were not expecting, and most of it is very suspicious. Every taxi driver tried to get "more" by bloating the price from what they quoted. It is the most corrupt places I have ever been in my life.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2018

My wife and I have concluded after being at the Atlantis for 5 days with 3 kids and staying in the Royal towers that we were highly disappointed with our trip wanting more quality in every aspect of the stay - hopefully this review will help all those looking to travel to this overly hyped resort. If you're traveling with children esp toddlers prepare yourself to WALK everywhere in the heat and up and down stairs all over the resort - it’s amazing how far everything is from each other here and makes even just getting to the beach a huge frustration! (Travel tip the nicest beach at Atlantis is tucked away behind the Cove area). The resort is INSANELY EXPENSIVE!!! Take that very seriously esp if you're bringing children!!! And the fact that most probably don’t do the all inclusive (which I don’t even know if they have there or not) you will literally pay as much in food and or excursions as you did to for the entire purchase price of the trip itself!!!

The food is terrible!!! I mean for what you're paying for each meal it’s absolutely crazy to think this resort and as Big it is and all the restaurants can’t satisfy your food needs - once again with children who are picky this will be a huge issue - and let’s say you don’t want to go to the restaurants for each meal of the day then you're pretty much screwed because there is only a small coffee shop or pizzeria on other side of hotel to choose from (we literally ate pizza, hamburgers, egg and cheese and bagels the whole trip). If it rains or you get too much sun there is literally nothing to do inside the resort for the whole family - yes they have a mini arcade and Game Center but that’s extra fees and not worth it unless you want to pay and even then there is nothing to do adult wise unless you want to sit at the bar.

Staff and miscommunication is huge - some staff doesn’t show up on time for bookings (excursions desk). We waited 45m with a line of people for them to send us to VIP lounge for them to tell us everything was booked and the systems went down shortly after that, then we went back to excursions desk to find out everything was not sold out and their systems worked fine - total time to book dolphins was 1.5hrs of frustration. Then there was the problem of them screwing up our shuttle back to airport. We spoke to 5 people and 1 manager who couldn’t find our shuttle company (unless you get voucher upon arrival it’s impossible to figure this out) and we were left with someone telling us to be done in lobby at 6am - it was pitch black and no shuttle came - we had to take a cab out of our own money back to airport.

Dolphin Cay was the most expensive for 5 people we did and we only did a 30 min shallow experience (was just ok our toddler enjoyed it). But then they try and get you on photos which you're lucky if one comes out good. Prepare to pay for photos though as you can’t just get 1 4x6 - you have to get 6 of them!!! Also you have to settle for an 8x10 if you only want one photo.

Overall we wouldn’t go back for the sake of all the above - the one bright spot is the beach and water which is literally world renowned (the water quality and temp is so amazing that we kept trekking back to beach for it) - but again prepare yourself with going broke, walking and being exhausted and then paying more money to keep the kids busy and happy. We’ve been to other countries and resorts and this one def was a rip off...

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Went to a destination wedding and very poor quality resort, especially for the cost. Lost power 2 times and were offered a free breakfast and were charged for it. Called my credit card and they called the Atlantis and were told they would credit me for the $76.20 buffet breakfast and now refuse to credit. NEVER go there only if you want to get ripped off.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

My kids and I were very excited about going to Atlantis Bahamas as we had such a lovely time at Atlantis in Dubai last year. Unfortunately, my girls were robbed on the beach the first day (middle of the afternoon mind you) and when we notified management at the hotel, she told me she couldn't do anything for me. Then she stated that we needed to go the police station, which is offsite. They wouldn't even call the police for us. Now, here we are in a different country and were just robbed (they took my girls' sunglasses, shoes and cash totaling over $1K), but we are now told to go to a police station offsite. Sounds even more dangerous to me, so I decided I would handle the situation after we returned home. Then, when we went to check out and pick up our luggage to go the airport we find out the bell staff gave our luggage to someone else. I am standing there with the ticket to claim my luggage, but it has disappeared... Really?

At this point my girls are beside themselves, so I ask them to go over and wait while I talk with management about the situation. Again, the hotel took no responsibility. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. I did however give them 1 star as the spa staff was amazing and very trustworthy. The rest of the group should be fired and the entire hotel restaffed after full background checks are done. Beware of this hotel... They steal and put you and your children in dangerous situations. They do not care about your safety at all. Stay safe out there.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2018

Very excited about this vacation with 3 older kids. Landed in Atlantis. Booked 2 rooms and after long day of flight and roaming around resort came back to room and as soon as my son who is 22 goes under his quilt...his whole bed sheets, quilt, pillows were all wet and it seemed it was pee or something. Soooo disgusted about it. Housekeeping came, changed sheets, FLIPPED mattress because it was so wet. As I am writing about it I don’t want to sleep in my bed soon. Disgusted about it. Is it safe to drink coffee or use towels? All I got was SORRY!!! What sorry??? We are still here for 4 nights but I am very very mad. I went to main lobby to talk to manager and GUESS what this resort is run without manager which was not here yet and other one already left. It’s 11 pm and I don’t want to lay in my bed! I give this resort ZERO! Not happy after paying tons of money and booked 2 rooms. Who else can I contact??? Anyone?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Atlantis Resort?

Original review: July 9, 2018

This is truly a beautiful amazing resort. We have been traveling to the Atlantis for 10 years. I hate to hear it put down. They have wonderful programs for children and youth and we have had the pleasure of getting to know several staff due to our frequent visits. Yes, check your bill as you would any hotel. You can check it daily on your TV and if there is a discrepancy go and get it adjusted. We love this property and the staff and have stayed with them in all different accommodations 10 times. As for the person complaining about the size of the hole in the water slide tube... They are standard tubes... Maybe they should be looking at their size instead and wondering if they need to do a little adjusting! All smiles aside, we love this resort! Don't be discouraged by the complainers!

Original review: July 1, 2018

I was there, I had to ID her body. Sister died in her room about a month and a half ago at the Atlantis Hotel, Nassau. She booked tickets the day before she vanished, to swim with the dolphins, she was extremely excited about this (voice messages etc), the next day she did not show up for the booking (swim with the dolphins, shallow water experience) made less than 24hrs earlier, subsequently she was found dead... apparently killed herself. Take what you wish from the above (I may not elaborate)...

Original review: June 29, 2018

Watch out! Check your credit card/room charges very carefully. On my check out day, they charged us $666 for a meal at Chopstix - and it did not belong to us as at the same time and date, we were dining at another restaurant on the property. I stood in line at the front desk to have the Chopstix charge removed and the folio was corrected and I caught my plane home. Now, 15 days since my trip, they are attempting to charge my credit card for the $666 meal we never ate!!! I am outraged! I called and spoke with "Gabriella" who claims they will look into it. What a scam! I called my credit card company and they are putting a stop to it. Apparently, Atlantis Resort is famous for this behavior!

Original review: April 12, 2018

Arriving at the resort we learned that our meal plan which we paid almost 1000.00 only offered fast foods. We opted out for a refund which we were told they would, and never got. The rooms were dirty, smelly and so was the hallway of the "newly remodeled" Coral Tower. The service there is a joke! Most of the employees are rude, and no help at all. The food was ok but extremely overpriced! The taxis will rip you off if you're not careful and the street vendors are hustlers. I will not be going back! I wish I would have known before booking, I wouldn't have spent my money here!

Original review: April 10, 2018

Don’t believe your final bill at check out, charges you didn’t agree to will keep coming. I currently have disputes into my bank and credit card company from this resort. They're crooks and liars, I disputed charges at check out, was told they were removed from my bill. I received an amended bill with an agreed upon total. After I left the resort the amount they agreed to remove from my final bill were charged without my authorization to my card, this is fraud. You can’t trust the staff, the staff is rude, the pool staff puts their personal items in chairs to make it appear the chairs are taken. Then they spot you looking for chairs and offer the ones they put their belongings in for money, this is extortion. The rooms are dated and in desperate need of repair.

Our tub didn’t hold water, the sink didn’t drain, glass was falling out of picture frames, picture frames were rusting. I was screamed at in front of my son on our first day there by an attendant at a pool area with a pay to sit area. We simply wanted to see if this was an area we wanted to pay $125 a day to sit. We walked into the area and the attendant started screaming, "This is private, you have to pay to sit here." I tried to explain we simply wanted to see if this was an area we wanted to pay to use, and she screamed at us again. I finally bluntly said, "Money isn’t the issue here, your hostility toward us is," and we left.

I was called a liar twice by staff when I tried to say an order was incorrect. They catch you by not giving you an itemized receipt of what you order at the bars, coffee shops, restaurants and pool eating places. You then pay for it and wait for them to deliver what you ordered. If it’s wrong they ask for your receipt and tell you it doesn’t say you ordered that, therefore you’re wrong, and they refuse to refund or make the order correct. I had this happen 5 times in a week, and they still collect their automatic 15% tip, and your money while you’re left without what you asked for.

Please beware of the Atlantis Bahamas, go elsewhere to a resort in the Bahamas that’s nicer, more updated, clean, has better staff and where you won’t be ripped off. I tried to get our flights changed so we could leave early but we were stuck at the Atlantis because flights were full and our tickets couldn’t be changed. If they could have been changed we would have left on Monday after just checking in on Saturday late afternoon. Buyer beware and avoid this trap like the plague.

Atlantis Resort Company Information