2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.6/5 (323 ratings)

About Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: April 9, 2021

We booked a flight to Destin Fla. After booking I read their reviews. I then started wishing I booked with someone else. But the flight and the crew were excellent! Nothing at all to complain about. They were very nice. Had the same crew for the return. The plane was clean and spotless. I thought it was strange having to pay for carry on bags. That was the only thing to complain about. So I was relieved when it was over. I’ll fly with them in a heartbeat.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Provides excellent service at an incredible price point. No frills but cabins clean and personnel very helpful. They also give many discounts to our Military which is awesome. And I like that the airports they tend to use are less crowded than the major airports. Makes for a much less stressful experience.

Original review: March 21, 2021

The seats are so close together it’s hard to get comfortable. It is also so hard to find both ends of their seat belts. They have the nicest flight attendants. They are so very good with children and their flights seem to be always on time.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Social distancing was non existent. The price was great for the round trip flight but I felt as though I was in a cattle car. I guess I should not complain since I flew on the cheap and knew what I was getting into. The flight was uneventful and I arrived safely. The seats are very close together. On one leg of the trip comfort was fine, second leg of the trip, someone overweight sat next to me and spilled over into my seat. I will fly Allegiant again but realize that I am flying them for the great fare, not for comfort.

Original review: March 17, 2021

First time flyers with ALLEGIANT in 2020 at beginning of the lockdowns across the country in March 2020. From, ticket search to completion of journey....EXCELLENCE in every category. I have been a frequent flyer through many years and ALLEGIANT will be my go to airline. Please add more flights. Great job ALLEGIANT! AND THANK YOU.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Great airlines with great prices. I have never had to wait for a flight and we have always been on time or sometimes early. The flight crews have always be very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this airline to my friends.

Original review: March 26, 2021

Don't bother with this airline. Their low rates VERY quickly go away as soon as you want any bags, to pick a seat, even to get water during your flight. They literally charge for EVERYTHING. Additionally, I booked a package deal with them and yet was charged by the rental car company and the hotel in addition to the package price I already had paid. Additionally, it is obvious they don't clean their planes between flights. That's bad enough in a normal environment. But completely inexcusable as we deal with COVID. They should be ashamed of themselves. And no one should ever fly this airline. Additionally, no one responds to e-mails or online chats or picks up the customer service phone.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Very affordable, than other airlines. They are pretty much on time and they are convenient to places I usually go to, and are very courteous, and helpful, when flying with Allegiant I feel worry free and will use them more and more in the future.

Original review: March 20, 2021

Felt safe having our Grandchildren fly to visit us without someone over 18. They enjoyed the flight even though it was a no frills flight. The only thing to remember is to bring your own snacks and drink.

Original review: March 18, 2021

This airlines provides routes that large airlines don’t. Very competitive rates. Also, customer service is very helpful as well as flight crew. New planes offer a safer flight. Check in is fast and seat selection is good.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I booked a flight from Florida to Abe airport for me and my service animal. I had all the information that I always needed but upon boarding the woman says "You can board. We have no service animals on this flight". So I showed her that she was wrong and then she said well you still don't have the write papers the airline changed the policy on what you need (just 8 days ago). You can't get on unless you buy a bag for the dog (70.00) and pay 50.00 dollars for dog under the seat! She was so nasty and stern that she made me cry and embarrassed me that the other people on the plane could not believe it. They helped me come down. I fly to Florida and back 2 times a year never ever will I fly Allegiant again! I flew down on United Air and had no problem. So for now on I will fly down United!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I booked airline tickets and a rental car through Allegiant. The night before I was to fly to Florida I fell and broke my ankle in 3 places. I spent the night in the emergency room and was operated on the following day. Spent the night in hospital after operation. My flight left at 10:45 a.m. and arrived in FL at 1:15 p.m. I was supposed to pickup my rental car (Alamo) at 1:30pm. Obviously I did not make the flight nor was I able to pickup my weeklong rental car ($300+). I called Allegiant in the morning before my flight was to take off to cancel the flights and rental car. I spoke with an unkind representative who explained she would issue a voucher for flights but I would forfeit the $300+ for the weeklong car rental because I did not notify them 24 hrs in advance...

When I broke my ankle the night before my flight at 9:00 p.m. it was already past the 24 hour deadline. Obviously I did not break my ankle intentionally! There was nothing the heartless agent could do. It wasn't like Alamo could not rent the vehicle sitting that time frame. So I lost $300+ because I broke my ankle after the 24 hr cancellation time frame. How is this right and how can a business like Allegiant and Alamo be so heartless. All I wanted was a voucher for the car not my $ back... Be afraid when booking with Allegiant as they have no heart or honor.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Beware flying Allegiant Air to the smaller airports. I had booked a two week trip with car to Florida, leaving Portsmouth, NH flying into Sanford. A week before I was to leave they canceled the return trip. No other airline flies north from Sanford FL so I had to change airports from Orlando to Boston. The costs I've incurred so far is $83.00 change drop off locations for the car, bus ticket to Portsmouth, NH $24,00, Uber to my car at Pease $TBD. Then the customer service lady was very rude and I'm being nice. They don't keep their schedule and will strand you in FL...

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Horrible customer service!!! I missed a flight due to longer wait times, and was asked to pay a $75 fee to get on the next flight. No big deal, life happens and I understand the fee. I went to make a phone call to my daughter to let her know what is going on, and was told to step to the side until I finish. Again, no big deal. Get everything together to stay another night. Go back to the counter to pay the fee and get on the next day's flight, guess what!? NO ONE WAS AT THE COUNTER!!!

My daughter calls customer service, was on hold for 1:30 hr for them to hang up on her because she raised her voice out of frustration. She was told there was no $75 fee, just the difference between the ticket prices and it would cost me $198 for a new ticket. That ticket wasn't even $198 on the website. It was $160. By the time my son in law picked me up from the airport (1hr later) there was still NO ONE at the counter to help me. My daughter ended up using a different airline (and that ticket was only $105) to purchase a ticket to get me home. And to be honest, the overall experience with United, was by far better than this disaster I dealt with.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

First of all if you have a problem and need to call Allegiant Air it is just about impossible. I did finally get through to the most caustic representative, named Stefan. He argued with me about everything. The final blow was when he told me too many spouses were taking advantage of their spouses service. Well a spouse does not get a permanent military ID card unless her husband or wife has served 20 to 30 years. As a spouse of a 30 year veteran whose husband served in Vietnam for a total of three years, Went on temporary duty for months at a time, got cancer from Agent Orange. Who do you think took care of our 4 children while he was away, took care of him from the cancer, and watched him die from Agent Orange. And I might add that he was drafted.

You think I was a worthless human being, not deserving of any credit for his service. I can see that Allegiant has no allegiance or respect for our military and its families. I asked Sir Stefan what he thought of a woman traveling alone with her small children, while her husband was in Iraq. Does she deserve nothing? Again I can see none of Allegiant has ever served this country. Allegiant Air should be ashamed and I would recommend all military not fly them. They do not deserve your hard earned money.

Allegiant Air Company Information