3.5/5 (188 ratings)

About Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: March 11, 2022

We not only had one flight canceled from ICT to Orlando, but then another from Tulsa to Orlando. I got my first flight canceled less than 48 hours before we left leaving me in a last minute frenzy to get a new flight to make out spring break trip happen. The first agent I spoke to hasn’t had a day of customer service training clearly. Hung up after being on the phone 2 hours on hold and Then to speak with someone that I was an inconvenience in her day. Called again- on hold 45 min to speak with someone more helpful that booked us in another flight the same night leaving from Tulsa to Orlando. Got all the way to Tulsa and got an email that it was canceled. Drove back home- on the phone on for 2.5 hours and got disconnected. Tried again the next morning. 2 hours on hold before I spoke with someone that advised the trip was canceled due to weather. I was in Tulsa, there was no weather for another 24 hours.

I was told weather is different in the air, so I requested documentation about flight being canceled due to weather. They won’t provide. It’s basically their word against mine so no comp for all my wasted time and hoops I jumped through to make this trip happen for my family. Will never use Allegiant again, low cost flights not worth it. I will advise everyone for the rest of my days to did the same. Nothing but headaches.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I had to cancel my flight during COVID and was given a voucher. When I received the voucher, it did not come along with any rules, guidelines, policies, etc. I knew my voucher expiration deadline was approaching so I attempted to contact customer service a month prior to that date. I wanted to ask about a possible extension and if the voucher had to be BOOKED or USED by the expiration date. I tried instant chat first. Although it said "agents available now", there was no chat available so I sent an email. When I received no response after several days, I sent another email and also tried to call only to be told that estimated wait time is 2 hours!!!

They said on the recording that they are available on Facebook, I also tried to reach them there. I typed my complete question including the voucher number. A rep answered after two days stating that response times can be up to 8 WEEKS but she could help me -- but didn't answer my question. I retyped my question but have not received a response, AGAIN. My voucher expires today so I tried to book a trip only to find out the departure date has to be before the expiration date. So I just lost $300 because a month was not enough time to get a response from them.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

If I could rate this airline a 0/10 I would. Not only are they the most stingy airline. (5 dollars to print a boarding pass?! What about the elderly who aren’t tech savvy?) They won’t even give you water on the plane without paying an unreasonable price for it. No free snacks like the other airlines either. Again unlike most airlines who require weight is 50lb for checked this airlines is 40lbs and it’s $50 per “overweight bag.” Just literally any drop of money they can squeeze out of you they will. Finally we were a bit early for our flight due to rental car return. We waiting on line for over an hour and got to the front and they said, "We aren’t able to check you in until 1hr 45 min before your flight." That barely left time for security. I will NEVER fly with them again and if a friend says they are flying with them I will urge them to fly with literally anyone else. Terrible terrible experience.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I booked a trip to Las Vegas through Allegiant's website and added hotel accommodations, as well. The day before the trip, my husband tested positive for Covid. I called the hotel and was told any changes had to be made through Allegiant since that's how it was booked. I waited 3.5 hours on hold and finally reached a live person. She stated that I would receive a voucher to be used for future travel.

Fast forward to today, when I was trying to rebook my travel to Las Vegas. My account on Allegiant's website showed I had a voucher but when trying to purchase the flight and hotel, an error message occurred, preventing me from using the voucher. I used the chat online feature to speak with a representative. I was told the hotel denied my claim and that I would not be refunded the money for the hotel stay. I explained that I am Covid positive and that I let Allegiant know the day I found out. I have copies of the chat from the agent named Lilly - I wish I could attach them. It felt like an SNL skit about the worst customer service ever.

I then called The Bellagio and after hold for an hour spoke with a supervisor who explained that when the cancellation was made by Allegiant, there was no reason given for the short notice - nothing noting my Covid positive status. Since no reason was given, they denied the refund. I was told to let Allegiant know they needed to file a waiver with the wholesale department of The Bellagio, and the claim would be paid. I, again, contacted the online chat for Allegiant and again was met with another SNL skit reject upping the status of "worst customer service ever" by someone named Christopher. I stated all they need to do is file a waiver. I was told "NO". I am now on hold with Allegiant, with an expected wait time of "over 2 hours". I hate this airline. HATE THEM.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

We were scheduled to fly out of Grand Rapids at 8AM December 31. Flight was canceled at 3AM that Friday morning. We rebooked on Monday, January 3rd., agent telling us that was our best option. This necessitated staying in Grand Rapids 3 more nights. 3AM Monday morning flight cancelled again, no explanation. We could not wait another 4 days, and who would trust Allegiant again? We rented a car, drove 300 miles to Detroit, spent a night at the Holiday Inn, flew out Spirit to Fort Myers. We had a choice of 3 flights on Spirit. We travel back and forth from Florida, we will never use ALLEGIANT AIR DOES NOT CARE Airlines unless they are truly the last resort.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Terrible Customer Service (from 1 agent in particular). Agent Natalie that we spoke to at 8:30P MDT via phone call on 1/10/2022 was inconsiderately rude at the end of our call. She actually hung up the call rather than listening to the customer complaint and appropriately responding/sharing feedback. She belittled the customer and did not provide courteous feedback. She let me know she made a note that we spoke to her on the account but would refused to allow me to give any feedback over the phone that she could proactive relay to the team. Let me add that I was chatting with this individual after being on hold for 4 hours and after a 2 hour delay on 1/9/2022 on Flight 712.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Do not trust this company to honor their package deals. Booked two separate packages through Allegiant for hotel and Raiders tickets. Both times (one in November, one in January) they sent worse tickets than the tickets advertised in the packages I purchased. Online chat customer service doesn't work, the phone line says it's a 2 hour+ wait to talk to someone. Thank God I'm not dealing with a flight issue.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Allegiant cancelled my flight for March. Did not refund my ticket. Gave me voucher for 100.less than I paid. I want full $ refund. Have been on hold for 3 hours (today 0 and counting, and 2 1/2 hrs yesterday. I fear they are not even trying to address their clients. My trip was to see a relative who is critically ill. Very frustrated and emotional. What can I do?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

My experience with Allegiant on my flight to Pittsburgh from Sarasota was nothing short of aggravating. First it took the people at the baggage check-in nearly 50 minutes to get our bags checked in and ready for flight. Had it taken a minute longer, I may have nearly missed boarding the flight... if they had any idea what gate to be at. Our plane was scheduled to leave out of one gate, but the screen showed a totally different flight boarding from our gate at the same time ours was scheduled. We waited for at least 20 minutes to see if our flight would still be boarding from that gate, and the people at the counter ensured us Pittsburgh was still scheduled to board from that gate.

At the last minute, we were then told our flight was boarding from a different gate which luckily was the one right next to us. If this wasn't bad enough, I had originally paid for a carryon bag that I ended up not utilizing for both the flight to and from Pittsburgh. The people at the desk made a note and gave me a number to call for customer service... I have been calling this number since my return on December 19th and have not gotten through once. I even emailed customer service with no response. Looks as though I will not be getting a refund on the bags I paid for but didn't even use.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

Flight from Pittsburgh to SRQ landed in Orlando. Passengers were offered a choice of either getting of the plane or returning to Pittsburgh. Not much of a choice. Airline offered no assistance in getting Passengers to Sarasota. Late evening with no other options but 340.00 Uber ride. Get lost was pretty much a message. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Do NOT EVER FLY Allegiant Air!!!! Worst experience ever! First, boarding the plane, I’ve never seen anyone actually stuff every single traveler’s belongings in that measurement box to check if it was “regulation,” but whatever, it’s the rule. They do not offer you anything on the plane. You have to pay for WATER. When we landed, they had apparently forgotten to get the bags off the plane?? There were barely any incoming flights, it took an hour for our carousel to even start. But that’s not even my grievance.

My return flight was canceled, and the next available flight was three days later so I requested a refund. And I was refunded $100…for a flight I’d paid over $400 for including baggage (for two). Customer service wait times was over two hours so I called and called and finally three days later, I reached someone. I asked that the $70 for my baggage be refunded and they said it was a part of the $100… making each of our nonstop tickets $15??? Absolutely not. So I asked to speak to a manager. THIS IS WHEN IT GETS EVEN BETTER.

She said I got a “really good airfare” for my return flight… $15?! I said “okay, EVEN if that’s true, I deserve half of aaaaaaalllllllllllll of the many fees they charge aside from airfare.” I kid you not - she said the fifteen dollars INCLUDED THE FEES. Which put my tickets at a total of $1.12 each. I said “Lady, do you hear yourself right now??” It was unbelievable. They basically claimed that our tickets TO Florida made up 95% of our entire trip - fees and all - and that it was a “really good deal” I got on the way back… ** - STAY AWAY FROM ALLEGIANT!!!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

I had a TERRIBLE experience on Monday with Allegiant Airlines! I paid for a round-trip plane ticket in July to go home for Christmas from Provo to San Diego. When I arrived at the airport on Monday for my flight they told me I was not on the manifest for some reason. I had my confirmation number, the email they sent me, and I checked my bank account and showed them that I had obviously paid $209 in July for my flight.

The plane was about to leave but they told me the ONLY way I could get on the flights if I was on the manifest (list of people on the plane). They told me I had to buy another plane ticket to get on the flight which was ridiculous! They told me the next opportunity I would have to get on an allegiant flight would be 4 days later! My brother was with me- he got a ticket the same time I did and he had no problems.

They had me pay for another plane ticket and gave me a card for a number I should call to work out these issues and get reimbursed. I have been on the phone on hold for 3 hours straight with no one picking up these fast few days! I am completely stuck. They stole $200 from me and I wish I could reach someone to help me! NEVER FLY WITH THEM! IT'S NOT WORTH BEING TREATED LIKE THIS!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Arrived Sanford Airport for return flight to Peoria, IL at 440am for 625 am flight. Went to check in baggage no problem. Went to check in but Allegiant couldn't get my phone scan for the boarding pass. After a long delay of getting someone in management to check they then sent me downstairs to figure it out. After a long delay there they sent me upstairs by them too late. Gate closed. Booked another flight that was a ten hour wait to fly to Indianapolis plus a 6 hour roundtrip back to Peoria (100 in gas). After a few emails I finally received a reply. Of course they did not take the blame for anything. No refund. Flown this airline many times but won't anymore.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

I have had multiple flight cancelled over the past 2 years so I requested a refund instead of a voucher. The refund was approved. I have not received the refund after months of email communication with Allegiant customer service. Allegiant claims Paynuver processed the refund but, again, I have not received my refund. I have asked Allegiant to find out what bank acct they sent the refund to, no response! I have asked them to call me, no response. Pathetic customer service.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I had a roundtrip flight for my Fall break holidays and the flight got canceled only 2 hours before departure. I tried to contact the customer service for compensation by online chat and Robin cut my chat without letting me talk further. Then I called customer service and after they got my information, they cut the phone. Not only did I lose my non-refundable hotel cost, but I also felt very much disrespectful by Allegiant customer service. I will never ever travel with this airline.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I was harassed, threatened, verbally abused and violated by the lead flight attendant on my flight. I reached out to the company and they did absolutely nothing. Be very careful with these cheap unproven airlines. Not myself, my immediate family or my extended family will ever fly Allegiant again.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

This was the worst flying experience I have ever had!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER FLY THIS AIRLINE!! My fiance is a transplant patient and now waiting for another transplant. She has a designated medical service dog, not an emotionally support dog, and actual trained, doctor prescribed (UofU transplant team) service dog who detects and warns of blood sugar levels. Normal airlines allow at time of check in to allow verification of service dog. I called before the flight and waited on hold for 90mins to speak with a customer service agent who explained since it was within 48hrs of the flight I would need to bring her verification letter to the desk check in.

We arrived early and was told abruptly by the gate check in that she needs prior approval and wouldn't even listen or talk to us as other people were on the flight and wouldn't discuss it, she just kept saying "It's not my choice. It's not my problem". We waited for the line to go down and then I showed her on their own website that at the gate the gate agent can accept the paperwork. She refused. She then called customer service herself and told me on the phone that there was nothing that could be done. He said he had no record of me calling, he told me there was nothing to be done and then because I got upset and angry that if I didn't let him finish telling me how it was all my fault he would cancel our tickets with no refund.

I asked what we could do then he said "find somewhere to put your pet". I then asked if I could just take her on as a regular pet, of course I could...for $50!!! But then complained that the bag she was in was not compliant (service dogs don't have to be in regular bags, she has a designated bag). After arguing again with the service gate agent she finally accepted my money but with condition it was nonrefundable but the air stewards could still refuse the bag. We rush to the plane where the air stewards at first refused, then when we explained she was a service dog and showed her service vest still resisted.

My fiance is balling at this point. The stewardess then says "oh the vest doesn't mean anything you can just buy that online". I then showed them the WRITTEN DOCTOR'S NOTE and she simply said fine and wouldn't look at us. It's a 1hr 45min flight and has been more stressful than any other flight I've been on. The staff are rude, won't accept responsibility and all they want is to nickel and dime your money. Even if it seems cheaper, never fly this airlines.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I fly Allegiant often, their low prices and many direct flights from Grand Rapids MI are hard to beat. Yes they do not offer comforts (seats don't even recline) and they nickel and dime you for everything. For a short 2 hr flight, I can deal with most anything. The cancelations are a big problem, but all airlines are doing this to greater extents than before. Best advice, be careful when using Allegiant to fly into one of their lesser served airports (especially when on both ends). They have many destinations that are served once or twice a week, or they seem to drop locations on and off, I've yet to figure out what they have going on. If you're going to one of these locations proceed with caution and your eyes wide open. And especially if you're doing non-cancelable car or hotel reservations or have something that you absolutely must be at, go elsewhere. But if you have some flexibility and are going to one of their heavily served destinations they are worth the chance.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

This is the first time booking with this airline. I got a notice that the flight was delayed on the way to the airport. Shortly after that I get another notification that the flight is cancelled, to add insult to injury. I tried calling. There is a two hour wait time. I am still on hold over an hour at this point. Insane! This is the worst and dumbest company! Don’t waste your money on this airline.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Our Mother and 5 daughters do a Mother/Daughter trip every year. This year I booked the flight in June, 2021 for us to travel to Nashville. Our oldest sister got sick and took a turn for the worst in September. Unfortunately she passed and we couldn't bring ourselves to take this trip to also celebrate her Oct. 5th birthday. I notified Allegiant Air and Hilda was most kind with me having to make this call in enough time for Allegiant to be able to book our seats. Allegiant refunded all of our money and was very sympathetic during this horrible time we have been going thru. Thanks to Hilda and Allegiant Air I can highly recommend them. #AllegiantAirrocks!!! This would have been my 2nd trip with them and I will certainly use them whenever I can. Very compassionate company and understanding.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I booked flights in early July and never received email confirmation with the cost of the booking. After many attempts by phone which is impossible to get through in less than two hours, I connected with a CS rep who was going to transfer me and I held for 19 minutes. I then emailed the company to send me details on my purchase. It's been nearly two additional weeks and they still won't respond. And there's no billing dept referenced in their phone tree other than if you have an Allegiant card. My credit card bill did NOT match what I booked and since we've traveled, I have no recourse with my cc. This company is obviously understaffed undermanaged and unresponsive. They're cheap even with all the add-ons, but use another airline. If something goes wrong, you have no recourse and no way to reach anyone.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

Terrible communication, unprofessional I called with my husband multiple times to make sure we had all the information we needed and she told us we already had what we needed in the email we received, we got to the airport and did not get to get on our flight because she left out a ton of information we needed to know prior.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

So my flight from Florida was canceled and there were no other Allegiant flights available...it happens. So I rebooked with American Airlines. My issue is with the fact that I was on hold for 2 hours one day, 3 hours the next day and finally got through making a call at 4 am on the third day to cancel my flight and get my money back. Add an option to cancel and get get a refund to the card you booked with on your site!!! The vouchers are worthless. And the best part is they sent an email and text about $100 in form of an virtual girt card...the card is no good! Tried it on couple of purchases and it doesn't go through. Makes me think this company is a scam.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Fabulous vacation planned. Planes, trains, automobiles, hotels, tours.... Allegiant cancelled outbound flight via text @0051. No explanation! Spent 4hrs 28 min on hold with customer NO svc, because online chat only available M-F business hrs. Could stand to hear about the unlimited number of firearms I can carry and the proper way to travel with the 11 pounds of ammunition I was allowed any longer. Recorded message kept saying, "Need help?" Hahaha, if only a live person would have helped me.

Cost to rebook on other major carriers doubled as people woke up to find Allegiant Air cancelled their flights. Unsure of return flight still, opted to cancel. Never use Allegiant Air!! After this happened have found more horror stories than could have imagined. Yes, Allegiant Air, I would love to hear from you since I have no way to contact you. And yes I need help! Please Michelle, use a different response, your automated one is nauseating.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

If you like good or even passable customer care and airlines that take care of your property while you are flying with them, DO NOT fly with Allegiant Airlines. I flew with Allegiant Airline with my infant and for this reason, I traveled with a stroller which I planned to gate check. At check in, I was given a gate check tag for my stroller which I was asked to sign. The purpose of my signature was not explained to me and not written clearly on the gate check tag.

Upon arrival at my destination, my stroller which had previously been in perfect condition, was returned to me with the wheels broken to the point that my stroller would not roll and could not support weight. I went to customer service to submit a damage claim and, after a long wait, they told me that because I had signed the gate check tag, the airline was completely free of any responsibility to compensate for the serious and expensive damage to my property. Had I known the airline would not take any responsibility for customer property in their care, I would not have gate checked my stroller and would not have used their airline. The damage inflicted to my stroller and subsequent inconvenience and financial burden that created for me was met with an astounding amount of disinterest and unprofessional customer care by Allegiant Airlines agents.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

I had the WORST experience EVER with this airline. While we are on vacation in Iowa, our returned flight to PIE got cancelled. The cost of finding a flight going back home causes us a lot of stress and money when it should be a relaxing vacation (cost us more than $500 extra to purchase a new ticket back home). Not to mention that we cannot find a flight back using PIE airport, we need to use TPA and get an Uber to take us to PIE to get our car!! Also, when we called to ask for our refund, they said we will only get a $98 refund and the rest will be voucher. I will never fly with Allegiant again!!! So I need a my full refund not a freaking voucher! I will never deal with that kind of stress with your flight cancellation ever again!!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I don't mind that Allegiant charges for any checked baggage or that they make it cheaper to add baggage if you do it online. I do mind bad CX. I tried for days to add luggage online but the website was broken. I phoned multiple times but the wait was always more than two hours with no callback opportunity. The website said they they offered Chat with agents but when I tried (again multiple times), I got a popup that no agents are available. I don't know if this is a strategy to force passengers to pay more for checked baggage at the airport or plain incompetence. I suspect the latter. Cheap should not mean bad.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Horrible experience. Two cancellations on 2 weeks without obvious reason. I needed to close my clinic twice with a lot of loss and inconvenience, never used them and I will not again. I don’t recommend anyone to use this airline. In fact this company should NOT operate in USA.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Worst possible experience I have EVER had flying! Do not use this airline unless you have the time to stay 4 days until the next flight, even when it is a mechanical issue. No help getting a place to stay, zero reimbursement for anything and no refund for price of ticket. Ended up spending $2000 for one way flights on another airline for 3 people and 1 ratty hotel room for 1 night. I cannot say again how awful!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

AVOID Allegiant! Had our flight cancelled, not postponed, but CANCELLED! Had to then wait over 4 days to get another flight. When asking about the reason for the cancellation, they would only say operations reasons. Called to ask what this means and waited in hold for over an hour... When I finally was answered, I asked what “operational reasons” means and they wouldn’t tell me a specific, but would say it could mean staffing issues, supply shortages, etc.

When I finally get a flight 4 days later, my bag weighed 1 pound over the 40 point limit (I had to buy some more clothes since my trip length more than doubled). The lady at check in tells me the extra weight is $50!!! I ask to quickly pull a couple things out to move into my carry on and she acts all disgusted. I then leave my bag and get through security to my gate when I get called over the intercom to return to the check in counter. When I get there the lady asks what I did with the luggage losing sticker on my suitcase. I say I did nothing and she is accusing me of removing it. She then asks if I was traveling with someone and I reply that I am (my wife). And she then accuses that she must’ve removed it! I assure her that isn’t possible because she wasn’t even with me at check in counter when I dropped off the bag.

She then tells me to wait there and goes trying to check all over the airport for the sticker that must’ve fallen off. She finally returns with my bag and discovers that the sticker was stuck on the bottom all along… She then tries to tell me that it was my fault for setting my suitcase on the scale wrong? (I set it on its side and she stuck the sticker on the bottom). To fix her mistake she tells me to go to the back of the regular check in line and wait to get a new bag tag to put the sticker on the top!

As we are at the gate to board I witnessed two other incidents of altercations with Allegiant employees and it was a small flight! One passenger ended up crying and saying how they will never be flying Allegiant again and how terrible the service is. A quick weekend trip ended up costing me thousands of dollars for my wife and I in missed work, hotel, clothes, food, etc. To reiterate, I will and would recommend you avoid Allegiant. They trick you into booking with low fare but you end up spending way more than if you just booked with a better airline. Allegiant made very little attempt to make anything better and I am extremely disappointed.

Allegiant Air Company Information