2.98/5

201 Allegiant Air Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 19, 2019

Had booked a flight for my daughter to fly from Harrisburg burg to Punta Gorda. My grandson died unexpectedly therefore, I cancelled my daughter's trip. I lost the money. That’s very, very poor business. Next, for my return trip after burying my 13 year old grandson, I have a checked bag which I paid $30 in advance. I approached the airline employee at the counter. I was told to put my bag on the scale. Apparently, there’s a 40 pound limit. This employee scolded me and said I would need to pay an additional $50 for the extra 6 pounds. I explained that I had a medical device in the bag. She said, "Well, take it out."

I couldn’t carry the device. I had it carefully packed. I was also embarrassed because the employee was as mean as a junkyard dog. The line behind me was getting longer. So, Allegiant got another $50 out of me. Very, very poor business. I doubt that Allegiant even cares or reads these reviews. I do hope enough customers read this and consider flying other airlines.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Reduced ticket price, no fancy stuff, no eats, no drinks. Just get on the plane, fly to your destination and keep the extra cash. Not a lot of frills at the terminal we used in Austin area, but getting the job done, I recommend these guys.

Original review: March 17, 2019

We were flying from Asheville to Denver Colorado. The departing flight was several hours late, making us arrive in Denver after dark in a snowstorm (3/2/19) at which time we rode in a shuttle for 4.5 hours in the storm to get to Breckenridge, CO. The following Saturday we were to depart Denver at 3:30 for return to Asheville, NC. The flight was initially delayed for one hour. Then more delays. Eventually at 8 pm Saturday evening they announced that the flight was cancelled due to weather. I do not believe the reason for the cancellation but nonetheless we were left in the airport to figure out on our own whether to spend the night in the airport or get a hotel room. Allegiant offered nothing except a phone number which was useless. They did not compensate us at all for the hotel room which was $130. So much for the cheap ticket. The least they could do would have been to provide us snacks at no cost when the plane finally did take off the next day.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I have not had any issues with Allegiant Air in fact just this week they helped me out with a cancelled passenger of mine that became ill at the airport while waiting for the flight. They went beyond what they would have to help me out. I do wish that they would offer more flights between Fl. and North Dakota.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Stews Really super. Very responsive to questions and requests. Friendly but still professional. Plane's interior well maintained and neat despite quick turn around times. Schedules are good except return flights from LAS. Practically lose a whole day as return requires you to be at the airport about be six o'clock in the am.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: March 14, 2019

My 2 teenage daughters were gifted a trip to Disney in Orlando where they were meeting family. On the return flight home, they were pulled from boarding plane due to possible weather diversion. My oldest (17) who has flown other airlines numerous times called frantic because she was told they would get to them when they could. I told her to get back in line and wait. The ticket agent refused to speak with me until my daughter put me on speaker and I asked what Allegiant was going to do with 2 minors. She stated they could get them on a return flight on the 18th (5 days in the future), they could go back to where they were (Hello, vacation is over), book another airline ($$$) or we could drive and get them (9 hours away).

The family that met them at Disney had flight going to Atlanta that had already left so my kids were basically stranded! My husband and I both asked about flying them into different airports that were close to other friends and family that could go pick them up. We were finally able to get them on a flight to Knoxville so family member could pick them up even though it was a 2 hour drive for them. Now we are driving 3 hours to meet versus 9 hours! They pulled another teenager off the plane and booked his flight for the next night so he has to stay in the airport for over 24 hours! Customer service is a joke! Pay the extra money for an airline that truly cares and not one that yells at its passengers.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Wife was hospitalized and lost time off work. She booked tickets for her and grandbaby to fly in April... Booked tickets 30 days ago and tried to call in to cancel 30 days prior to flight. Could not get through by phone. On hold for an hour then call terminates. Out of options called bank to dispute charge. From past experience flying with them since day 1. My advice is to avoid Allegiant Air like the plague. They have been going downhill for many years. No more "Velvet Elvis" uncomfortable no reclining and seat pocket. Crammed in like sardines goes far beyond uncomfortable. It's unsafe!

Original review: March 8, 2019

Too cramped, very uncomfortable trip. The seats were so close that you had to rub up against the person on each side of you. The seats were too close to recline seats. I felt like I was back in school riding a school bus. Loud and cramped.

Original review: March 7, 2019

Outstanding value, Most convenient airports. A bit tight seating, but not too bad considering the overall cost and ease of travel with this carrier. The rewards program using their credit card is a real bonus. Access to priority lines at ticket counter, priority boarding and a free beverage, including alcoholic beverages, onboard.

Original review: March 6, 2019

I have flown your airline 6 times in the past 2 years. So has almost all of my family. We really don't have any issues with the airline. For the most part the service is fair. If I did have one complaint it is the size of the seats and space you are provided.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Booked our direct flight from IND to SFB for a short vacation. Read the reviews and thought a delay would be the worst we would encounter since there were no layovers. Day prior to flying out, I received a call that our flight has already been delayed an entire 6 HOURS! That took away one full day by the time we arrived. Couldn’t imagine that it would get worse but of course it did. Arrive for our return flight and all appears on track to leave at the correct time. Then the delays started rolling in. First delay was for 30 minutes. Second delay pushed it back another hour. This continues until we are 4 hours past our departure time. Still all good long as we make it back (my girlfriend had an important meeting the following evening). Then the cancellation happened.

Huge problem a stranding 100+ people with no option out until the following night at 6 pm (30 HOURS after our selected departure time)! Immediately called customer service (as the line for the onsite crew ran into the food court). Customer service was zero help aside from reimbursing us for that leg of the trip. Found out from customs service the initial reason for the cancellation was due to weather. Umm... How is that possible when I’m looking at the weather in both locations and it looks impossible to be due to weather conditions. Upon mentioning that, customer service then stated it wasn’t actually due to weather but mechanical issues (found out later that this has been a huge problem with many Allegiant airplanes ). No help finding flights out. No help finding hotel accommodations.

No help in any way. I totally understand there is a limit to the help someone can provide over the phone but it came across like I knew more about the flight statuses and options going near our return location than customer support searching through their system. As all flights canceled one by one that were going to our home state, we resigned to the fact we’re going to need a place to stay or book another flight from ORL. They literally expected everyone to crash in the airport or scramble to book a last minute flight for that evening or the following day. With a limited number of options to get back in time, we booked the last two seats on a flight out of ORL that cost a whopping $2,200 total. Made it home 10 hours later than expected and exhausted from all the travel hassle. Lesson learned here. NEVER FLYING ALLEGIANT AIRLINES AGAIN.

Original review: March 3, 2019

Purchased a ticket two days ago and had to cancel. I tried to cancel online and was advised that I would not be able to receive a refund. So I lost $344 for nothing. Will never use this airline again.

Original review: March 3, 2019

This airline simply sucks. Travel any other particularly Southwest if possible. I made reservations with these guys because I missed a flight, I even bought travel insurance with them just so I could return the ticked if my original airline put me on another flight. Sure enough Southwest was awesome and got me on my way home. So when I tried to cancel my reservation online, of course I could not do so online. I had to call in. I tried calling of course. Well over an hour on hold, had to hang up because my plane was leaving.

Called for over a week, couldn’t get through, finally after another hour long on hold I get through to someone who says they don’t do refunds and only travel vouchers. I know they are a budget cheap/new airlines but this is the crappiest way to deal with a new customer. I have a small business and I do my best to make sure that any customer interaction doesn’t end up with an unsatisfied customer. I mean hours on hold, the operator unwilling to help, the travel protection is useless, I don’t even want to fly with these guys after this. I travel from time to time and I switched my usual airline because of a customer service situation like this, a smart business would have capitalized on this scenario and made me a customer (ie Southwest Airlines). Fail on Allegiant.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I booked my flight back in November for an April Vegas trip. Unfortunately, due to a personal conflict I needed to change my flight to another date. I saw that there was an option to change your flight date. I assumed given it was so far out that there would be no problem or at the very least a 50 dollar change fee. I found out it is going to cost me 150 dollars to change my flight which is almost what I purchased for the original flight. They do not do a good job of making new customers like me aware of this. Most airlines have better policies than this that accommodate their flyers. I tried reaching customer help but I got an email saying they will get back to me in 60 days. I tried calling customer service and waited on the phone for 30 mins to not be directed to anyone. I would love if this airline would at least excuse my change flight fee so I can then book my trip for another date. I have not heard back from anyone at Allegiant.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

We booked a flight out of Cincinnati to Destin, Florida. Plane was late leaving in the first place by 40 minutes. Not too bad but not great. We flew the hour and a half down to Destin, we attempted to land, landing gear down and everything but pilot pulled the plane up at last minute. We were then told that the cloud cover was too much and that the company wanted their plane back in Cincinnati so we were turning around! Delta plane landed just fine right after our failed attempt. When we got back to the airport in Cincinnati they literally just stood there handing out the customer service phone number to Allegiant which I still haven't been able to get a real person to answer after being on the phone for hours. They refused a new flight unless we were willing to wait 3 days! What should have been a relaxing weekend at the beach turned into a nightmare. Horrible customer service! Never, never, never, never again.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

I can’t believe that number of bad reviews here. We have used Allegiant from Niagara Falls to St. Pete Clearwater 4 times a year for the past few years and have never had a problem. We travel with an oxygen concentrator, CPAP and an emotional therapy dog. Our flights have always been on time and pleasant. I understand how frustrating weather delays can be but safety always comes first!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

I was planning a trip to my grandfather's funeral, and bought a ticket with Allegiant. I, like others on here, purchased the Flex travel insurance so that I could move or cancel the flight if the travel details change (memorial service being up in the air and all). When I first called, I just got a busy signal. No hold time; I could not get through. I had to call the line for cancelled or delayed flights to even get the phone to ring. When I cancelled, the customer service rep informed me that despite buying the Flex insurance, I could only get a voucher, despite cancelling within 24 hours. I was told that the voucher was transferable. Granted, I had to have him repeat the terms of cancellation several times because I was having trouble understanding him.

When I received the voucher, however, it said that it was not transferable. I contacted customer support, and was told that I missed a line buried in their terms of service, which you read when you book, not when you are cancelling. The way the Flex insurance is marketed is deceptive, in my opinion, and you won't receive any help from customer service. Allegiant's reputation is well deserved. Don't try to save money with Allegiant -- there's a good chance you'll just lose it.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I was booking a flight using the Presidents' Day 12 percent off deal and while I was booking a flight for one person, the price went up twice from 185 to 193 to 247 in two minutes time. The last price came up after their site glitched when I put in the payment info and clicked the pay button. I called the airline and waited on hold over an hour (not an 800 free number) and was told that there was nothing they could do about it. I didn’t book it. Looks a lot like the bait and switch tactic.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

If I could post 1/10 of a tar I would. Allegiant is garbage. They are bare faced liars. Don't waste your time or money. They are nothing more than con job. Flight 1812 and flight 1856 are examples. Allegiant deliberately delays real information about delayed flights. Thus keeping you trapped on their flights. I have made the mistake more than once but never again. Avoid at all costs.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

I purchase tickets to fly to Florida from Cincinnati to pick up a vehicle that I purchased online. The cost of shipping the vehicle was questionable so we decided to fly down to pick it up and drive it back. I purchased the trip insurance believing that I could cancel the flight if something came up. The dealer found me a deal on having it shipped so I canceled the flight 3 days after the purchase. I was shocked to find out there are no refunds only a travel voucher, which has to be used within a year. I have no future plans to fly anywhere so this voucher is useless to me.

I am out the $300 bucks I spent for 2 tickets. I tried the chat line to customer service that was never answered. I called customer service at 702 505-8888. I was on hold for 30 minutes the first attempt and I finally hung up. I called again later that evening. Another wasted 40 minutes on hold. All the while listening to a voice recording of how the Trip Flex will give you peace of mind knowing you can change or cancel your flights if something comes up. There was nothing that I saw when purchasing these tickets that led me to believe I could not cancel and get a refund. Terrible policy and non-existent customer service. No idea if I can even sell this stupid travel voucher. Which is only $210 bucks. I guess you forfeit the rest of what you pay. I will NEVER fly on Allegiant Airlines.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

My note to the President of Allegiant Air. Pls excuse my note, as I was only able to obtain 2 hrs sleep, due to the lack of management within your company last evening. We were on flight 146 Sunday Feb 10, from Vegas diverted to Pasco. The flight landed at 7:40pm, then we waited to learn the flight was canceled at 11:30pm. With that knowledge everyone was told to secure their own transportation and accommodations at that hour in a snowstorm. Then 20 minutes later the intercom message indicated we can stay at a local hotel, if you can get there... Adding insult to injury, three (3) hours to obtain our bags was absolutely unsatisfactory. We finally received our baggage at 2:30am. Then tasked to secure ground transportation on our own. WHERE WAS ALLEGIANT MANAGEMENT??

I’ve traveled extensively during my lifetime, thus far. I’m sincerely disappointed that someone from the hospitality industry, has very few “back up” protocols in place. I can appreciate when Mother Nature tosses you a curveball, however, the sheer lack of communication with your customers is simply appalling. I personally feel that your staff are well trained in skirting the truth. Perfect example is not being on time, telling everyone on G4 5146 flight from Pasco scheduled to depart at 12:30pm, that we can’t land in Bellingham due to poor runway management/conditions. Yet another flight lands without issue from Vegas, in BLI at the same time we could have landed. YOU MUST do better! Until then, you will not see my wife and I return to patronize your Airline any longer. I believe I speak for thousands of your customers. Still sitting on the tarmac. Sincerely disappointed...

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Booked a flight out of Punta Gorda to Savanna Illinois to attend a funeral. The early morning flight time would work well for us to attend the funeral. Our flight was delayed 4 1/2 hours. Unfortunately we were not able to attend the funeral! Allegiant Air answer to my dilemma was a bottle of warm water and $50 off my next Allegiant Air flight. I don’t think will be using the $50 vouchers!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

They are garbage. After getting to my destination, took FOREVER to get my bag. Flight home couldn't land in some patchy fog. I've been on planes with way worse conditions and they landed just fine. I can only assume the pilot isnt experienced enough, which really makes me not want to fly with them. I literally could see the ground from the plane. So they took us to another airport for fuel. We waited three hours on the plane with only water offered. Absolutely worst airlines. Alaska Airlines has gained so much more of my respect because of this trash. They don't value you or your time.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

BEWARE of Allegiant!! WORST airline out there! I flew from Bellingham, WA to LA. with my return 3 days later. My return trip home they denied me. I had a legal document signed and dated from my pain specialist for my emotional support dog. I had used that every time I flew with them. It was never an issue. Allegiant did not have forms on their website like the other airlines. When I wanted to fly with them they accepted my forms.

Dec. 11, 2018. They changed the rules and finally posted new forms on their website. I was completely unaware of the changes as I booked back in September. If I had known I would have had the forms signed on the day of flying. They got me there and refused to fly me home. I was an emotional wreck. I had to book a flight on another airline. Lose my already paid airfare to buy a new flight. I couldn't get another flight back to Bellingham, WA. I had to fly to Vancouver, BC. Get picked up then drive across the border to get my car.

I also had to get another night's hotel, miss a day of work and pay an extra day parking. It was a complete nightmare. A horrible way to start my new year. I have never felt so helpless frustrated and upset. They are a careless heartless company. Plus they nickel and dime you. I wrote a letter to the company regarding my issue and have not got a reply. I guess its time to go to the media and inform others of what kind of outfit they run.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

My 82 year old dad who walks with a cane or roller walker due to several strokes was flying back to Belleville IL from Mesa/Phoenix Gateway airport. I got a gate pass to assist him as far as allowed. I spoke with the lady at the desk by the gate to arrange assistance for him onto the plane. The guy who was suppose to assist him walked 20 feet in front of him as dad walked alone with his walker. He was then suppose to take dad up the steep ramp in a wheelchair once he got to the ramp. Instead their employee handed dad his cane and had him walk up the STEEP ramp alone as this "employee" walked away!!! I went immediately to lady at the desk and pointed out what was going on... She yelled over to the guy & he turned and looked and she said "Why are you not assisting that guy".

The worker just turned back around and continued what he was doing. I cannot believe dad was able to make it up that long STEEP ramp alone with a cane!!! I contacted Allegiant by phone and they said I had to go on their website and send an email which I did several times without ANY response! Allegiant needs to treat the disabled & Elderly with respect & care!!! This was such HORRIBLE customer service and just being rude & neglectful to an elderly disabled man!!! Please think twice before ever using this horrible airlines!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. I will no longer fly Allegiant Airlines nor use the Provo, Utah airport; I have decided to make the drive to a larger and more reliable airline and airport. On December 12, 2018 my daughter and I took a long weekend to visit my mother in Arizona for her 89th birthday. We only had 4.5 days for the visit. We arrived at the airport at around 7 for an 8:55 flight. After check-in we were stuffed into the small, uncomfortable waiting area. There was light snow falling, The plane from Mesa was late, but we were not notified of that until AFTER the landing time had passed. We were told there was low visibility and the runway could not be plowed by the airport. An airport in Utah that cannot plow? Sounds like a dishonest excuse.

We were told the plane from Mesa was going to circle the airport until visibility cleared - odd because we could see the edge of Utah Lake shoreline. Shortly, we were told the plane from Mesa could NOT land because they did not have enough fuel and so returned to Mesa; there would not be another plane available until after 5 pm. I live within 20 minutes of the airport so we were able to return home until the flight time. However, this caused us an additional expense by using Uber for the travel. The Provo airport has NO food services except 2 sugar laden vending machines. I feel very bad for those who had to wait at the airport.

We finally took off around 7 pm in the evening, 10 hours after the scheduled flight. We called and emailed Allegiant a complaint. As I recall we called Allegiant 3 times with waiting times of up to 40 minutes. Each time we were finally connected and began our complaint we were “disconnected”. We received an automatic reply that emails are answered in the order they are received. Well, there must have been numerous emails ahead of us because on January 22 we received a generic reply, 42 days after the situation. It stated that it looks like we were able to fly and they were “Sorry this has happened and you were late, but we did not want your email to go unacknowledged” and “We are HAPPY to see our online booking worked.” In other words, "too bad - NOT SAD.”

What unprofessional service. I also emailed the director of the Provo Airport asking about their snow removal equipment available at the airport and received NO reply. Our 4.5 day visit to my mother turned into a 3.5 day visit. Let me add, this is the 2nd time I have had a full day delay with Allegiant. Of note, yesterday my nephew and family flew out of Provo with strong winds and 3 inches of snow on the ground, reinforcing my belief that we were being misled by Allegiant Airlines. No more travel with them - one gets what they pay for, cheap price equals cheap service.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I was lied to 3 times flying only an hour each way to Arizona & back to Utah. I was charged $100 for my medically necessary service dog only on the way home to Utah after they told me that I’d be getting a full refund once I submitted 3 forms to them. I submitted the 3 forms & now they’re saying it’s non-refundable. Inconsistent Liars!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Horrible customer service, they were rude at the counter, the supervisor was also rude. I showed up right before their cutoff time, yet they wouldn't check my bags. My plane was still boarding at the time that I had got to the counter and to get through security as it is a very small airport, takes less than 5-10 minutes IF that. I called and sat on hold for 50 minutes, they refused to give me a refund of the $150. The way business works, Allegiant, as I am sure you should know... A negative review can go a long way. You kept $150 to lose over $1000 and more. I will no longer go on your flights. My family will also fly elsewhere. The family that I have who flies in yearly on your flights, will also be going through a difference flight.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I complained to the Federal Department of Transportation. Here’s Allegiant’s response when they received it from them: “Allegiant strives to provide an excellent experience for all of our customers and sincerely regrets that you were dissatisfied with the service you received... Without input we are unable to make necessary changes to provide a better customer experience.“ 4 days later my wife arrived at the same small airport. No other flight was at the terminal. Still a 45 minute wait to claim her bag. There was one “improvement”. They announced over the PA system several times their “sincere apologies” for the delay to claim baggage. Lip service at its finest!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

They do not care at all about the customer. They canceled our flight out of Rochester NY on 12/30/18. They did not give us a rescheduled flight or offer us any reason. We only got a refund for half of our total round trip then we had to book last minute on a flight out on New Year's eve so we are out even more money. Allegiant would not answer the phone or tell us why it was canceled. Then days later say it was due to weather concerns which is not true because the airport was up and running normally and there were no weather concerns in the area for days. They are a horrible company. I will never fly them again. I advise you not to as well. In the long run we ended up spending more money and still home a whole day later.

Allegiant Air Company Information