2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.3/5 (308 ratings)

About Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Our Mother and 5 daughters do a Mother/Daughter trip every year. This year I booked the flight in June, 2021 for us to travel to Nashville. Our oldest sister got sick and took a turn for the worst in September. Unfortunately she passed and we couldn't bring ourselves to take this trip to also celebrate her Oct. 5th birthday. I notified Allegiant Air and Hilda was most kind with me having to make this call in enough time for Allegiant to be able to book our seats. Allegiant refunded all of our money and was very sympathetic during this horrible time we have been going thru. Thanks to Hilda and Allegiant Air I can highly recommend them. #AllegiantAirrocks!!! This would have been my 2nd trip with them and I will certainly use them whenever I can. Very compassionate company and understanding.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I booked flights in early July and never received email confirmation with the cost of the booking. After many attempts by phone which is impossible to get through in less than two hours, I connected with a CS rep who was going to transfer me and I held for 19 minutes. I then emailed the company to send me details on my purchase. It's been nearly two additional weeks and they still won't respond. And there's no billing dept referenced in their phone tree other than if you have an Allegiant card. My credit card bill did NOT match what I booked and since we've traveled, I have no recourse with my cc. This company is obviously understaffed undermanaged and unresponsive. They're cheap even with all the add-ons, but use another airline. If something goes wrong, you have no recourse and no way to reach anyone.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

Terrible communication, unprofessional I called with my husband multiple times to make sure we had all the information we needed and she told us we already had what we needed in the email we received, we got to the airport and did not get to get on our flight because she left out a ton of information we needed to know prior.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

So my flight from Florida was canceled and there were no other Allegiant flights available...it happens. So I rebooked with American Airlines. My issue is with the fact that I was on hold for 2 hours one day, 3 hours the next day and finally got through making a call at 4 am on the third day to cancel my flight and get my money back. Add an option to cancel and get get a refund to the card you booked with on your site!!! The vouchers are worthless. And the best part is they sent an email and text about $100 in form of an virtual girt card...the card is no good! Tried it on couple of purchases and it doesn't go through. Makes me think this company is a scam.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Fabulous vacation planned. Planes, trains, automobiles, hotels, tours.... Allegiant cancelled outbound flight via text @0051. No explanation! Spent 4hrs 28 min on hold with customer NO svc, because online chat only available M-F business hrs. Could stand to hear about the unlimited number of firearms I can carry and the proper way to travel with the 11 pounds of ammunition I was allowed any longer. Recorded message kept saying, "Need help?" Hahaha, if only a live person would have helped me.

Cost to rebook on other major carriers doubled as people woke up to find Allegiant Air cancelled their flights. Unsure of return flight still, opted to cancel. Never use Allegiant Air!! After this happened have found more horror stories than could have imagined. Yes, Allegiant Air, I would love to hear from you since I have no way to contact you. And yes I need help! Please Michelle, use a different response, your automated one is nauseating.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

If you like good or even passable customer care and airlines that take care of your property while you are flying with them, DO NOT fly with Allegiant Airlines. I flew with Allegiant Airline with my infant and for this reason, I traveled with a stroller which I planned to gate check. At check in, I was given a gate check tag for my stroller which I was asked to sign. The purpose of my signature was not explained to me and not written clearly on the gate check tag.

Upon arrival at my destination, my stroller which had previously been in perfect condition, was returned to me with the wheels broken to the point that my stroller would not roll and could not support weight. I went to customer service to submit a damage claim and, after a long wait, they told me that because I had signed the gate check tag, the airline was completely free of any responsibility to compensate for the serious and expensive damage to my property. Had I known the airline would not take any responsibility for customer property in their care, I would not have gate checked my stroller and would not have used their airline. The damage inflicted to my stroller and subsequent inconvenience and financial burden that created for me was met with an astounding amount of disinterest and unprofessional customer care by Allegiant Airlines agents.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

I had the WORST experience EVER with this airline. While we are on vacation in Iowa, our returned flight to PIE got cancelled. The cost of finding a flight going back home causes us a lot of stress and money when it should be a relaxing vacation (cost us more than $500 extra to purchase a new ticket back home). Not to mention that we cannot find a flight back using PIE airport, we need to use TPA and get an Uber to take us to PIE to get our car!! Also, when we called to ask for our refund, they said we will only get a $98 refund and the rest will be voucher. I will never fly with Allegiant again!!! So I need a my full refund not a freaking voucher! I will never deal with that kind of stress with your flight cancellation ever again!!!

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

I don't mind that Allegiant charges for any checked baggage or that they make it cheaper to add baggage if you do it online. I do mind bad CX. I tried for days to add luggage online but the website was broken. I phoned multiple times but the wait was always more than two hours with no callback opportunity. The website said they they offered Chat with agents but when I tried (again multiple times), I got a popup that no agents are available. I don't know if this is a strategy to force passengers to pay more for checked baggage at the airport or plain incompetence. I suspect the latter. Cheap should not mean bad.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Horrible experience. Two cancellations on 2 weeks without obvious reason. I needed to close my clinic twice with a lot of loss and inconvenience, never used them and I will not again. I don’t recommend anyone to use this airline. In fact this company should NOT operate in USA.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2021

Worst possible experience I have EVER had flying! Do not use this airline unless you have the time to stay 4 days until the next flight, even when it is a mechanical issue. No help getting a place to stay, zero reimbursement for anything and no refund for price of ticket. Ended up spending $2000 for one way flights on another airline for 3 people and 1 ratty hotel room for 1 night. I cannot say again how awful!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

AVOID Allegiant! Had our flight cancelled, not postponed, but CANCELLED! Had to then wait over 4 days to get another flight. When asking about the reason for the cancellation, they would only say operations reasons. Called to ask what this means and waited in hold for over an hour... When I finally was answered, I asked what “operational reasons” means and they wouldn’t tell me a specific, but would say it could mean staffing issues, supply shortages, etc.

When I finally get a flight 4 days later, my bag weighed 1 pound over the 40 point limit (I had to buy some more clothes since my trip length more than doubled). The lady at check in tells me the extra weight is $50!!! I ask to quickly pull a couple things out to move into my carry on and she acts all disgusted. I then leave my bag and get through security to my gate when I get called over the intercom to return to the check in counter. When I get there the lady asks what I did with the luggage losing sticker on my suitcase. I say I did nothing and she is accusing me of removing it. She then asks if I was traveling with someone and I reply that I am (my wife). And she then accuses that she must’ve removed it! I assure her that isn’t possible because she wasn’t even with me at check in counter when I dropped off the bag.

She then tells me to wait there and goes trying to check all over the airport for the sticker that must’ve fallen off. She finally returns with my bag and discovers that the sticker was stuck on the bottom all along… She then tries to tell me that it was my fault for setting my suitcase on the scale wrong? (I set it on its side and she stuck the sticker on the bottom). To fix her mistake she tells me to go to the back of the regular check in line and wait to get a new bag tag to put the sticker on the top!

As we are at the gate to board I witnessed two other incidents of altercations with Allegiant employees and it was a small flight! One passenger ended up crying and saying how they will never be flying Allegiant again and how terrible the service is. A quick weekend trip ended up costing me thousands of dollars for my wife and I in missed work, hotel, clothes, food, etc. To reiterate, I will and would recommend you avoid Allegiant. They trick you into booking with low fare but you end up spending way more than if you just booked with a better airline. Allegiant made very little attempt to make anything better and I am extremely disappointed.

Original review: July 31, 2021

I had a purchased a travel package with Allegiant for flight and rental car from Allentown to Punta Gorda. Due to unforeseen circumstance I needed to cancel both the car and one flight. I was able to cancel the rental car through enterprise, was never able to cancel my flight because they make it impossible to speak to a human. Can’t cancel on the app or make changes. They tell you to call customer service, but the number is never not busy. The online chat option seemed like a good idea but you get a message that says no representatives are available to assist you. So I tried the email option, but no one gets back to me.

It’s been almost 2 weeks and I’ve yet to be able to speak to anyone, and haven’t been issued a refund for my rental car. The website clearly stated it was a $50 cancellation fee, or if it was less than 24 hours from pick up the fee was $165 to cancel. Not a peep, and not a dime from Allegiant. If you are looking to travel, number one book with someone else. And if you insist on using Allegiant book your other needs separately! With a package you’re unable to make changes on the app, and you will never get in touch with anyone to help you!

Original review: July 31, 2021

Refund- We have 3 passengers on this confirmation. When we arrived to Kentucky for my brother's wedding, we were notified that majority of passenger's baggage, including ours (3 suits, 6 outfits and essentials), was left in Houston. We didn't have anything but the clothes on our back. We were then informed that we were gonna be reimbursed, for our baggage and any purchases that we were acquired at our stay in Kentucky. After our trip, we tried calling and contacting, the Luggage customer service department. Understandably the lines were busy. But I called everyday for a week, and was still busy. Eventually I got through to an agent after an hour of waiting. We were discussing my situation, they said they don't have access to the luggage department and hung up. It was very unprofessional, I highly recommend choosing another airline.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Worst experience I've ever encountered with the worst customer service I've ever received especially by one of their own "employee" Maria Edward ** which in return showed me everything about the airline if they have such a rude and combative employee working for them allowing her to treat passengers like that is beyond anything I've ever seen!! They also have a bunch of hidden fees and charges that they try to slap on you at the last minute thinking that you have no other choice or to pay it or lose your flight. They'll have you running around the entire airport purposely going to every other airline but their own to purchase add-on that you were never told you needed to have so you do miss your flight.

But walking over to DELTA was the best decision I could have ever made because I ended up saving just over $200 flying with them in Delta comfort class at that while receiving the best customer service from all of their employees. The Delta flight stewardess, Representatives as well as their captain was even phenomenal SO PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE MONEY, HEADACHE & AGGRAVATION AND DO NOT BOOK WITH ALLEGIANT AIR.

Original review: July 25, 2021

Allegiant cancelled my flight about 4 hours prior to departure without explanation. Airline would not answer the phone at all after several attempts and being on hold. DO NOT FLY THIS AIRLINE. Immediately tried to offer luggage refund. Refused to return emails sent via their link. No airline is better than this unreliable one. Lost money on concert tickets at destination city that I could not be at. Kept sending me text on boarding the return trip days later when they knew they did not offer me an alternate means of my original destination. Would not be surprised if this airline files for bankruptcy in the near future.

Original review: July 24, 2021

I supposed to flight to Cincinnati for my daughter's wedding on 07/24..all of the sudden they cancelled the flight without any explanation or at least try to accommodate passengers in another flight. Here me CRYING because I MISSED MY DAUGHTER'S WEDDING! I BLAME Allegiant Air. YES IS CHEAP! BUT NOT A RELIABLE AIRLINE. YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THEY GOING TO CANCEL YOUR FLIGHT. No because is a cheap flight they have the right to cancel flight one hour before departing.. They do not have consideration for passengers. Passengers have reasons to flight and reasons why to pick cheap airlines, not money to flight in expensive airlines. WHAT A SHAME, ALLEGIANT!

Original review: July 23, 2021

I was trying to book flights via the phone number since the website kept kicking me out for days and days. I am currently on hold on their phone number, currently in hour 4 and have no hope of getting any support or help for the website or phone booking. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!! Who runs a business like this????

Original review: July 18, 2021

We had an extremely unnerving, stressful and unsatisfactory experience with Allegiant. We have flown with many airlines, and when a situation arises for someone to give up their seat for monetary compensation, there is never an issue. We were to fly out July 9, from Stewart International Airport on flight 2278 to Sanford, FL. The flight was overbooked. Therefore, the gate agent started by requesting 3 volunteers to be bumped for $200 CASH and a rebooked flight. No one offered including us. After a few minutes the gate agent announced the offer was now $400 DOLLARS and a rebooking. Again we did not offer nor did anyone else. A short time after, the gate agent announced an offer of $800 DOLLARS and a rebooking. This offer piqued our interest and the 3 members of our party volunteered.

As we walked to the gate agent, other passengers commented to us they wish they could volunteer, but couldn’t…comments were overheard exclaiming “$800 dollars cash, that would be nice”. We arrived to the gate agent, who we later came to know was Rosemary ** the station manager. She was overwhelmed with the amount of people trying to get on the plane and asked us to hold tight and wait to “take care of us”. When the flight was all boarded with the gate doors closed and the plane pulling away, she commenced the process of arranging our compensation.

To our shock and extreme disappointment, we soon received emails containing a link to only FLIGHT CREDITS, and not the monetary compensation we were expecting. She simply shrugged us off and said we misunderstood her and the only option was the $200 cash or the flight credits. We insisted that she call again and tell them we were told $800 DOLLARS and NOT FLIGHT CREDITS, however after getting off the phone, she told us take it or leave it, $200 in monetary compensation or the Flight credits, even telling us that no airline would give that much as compensation. This we know for a fact not to be true, as we have had previous experiences with other airlines (American, Delta, United, Jet blue) which have offered $400, $600 even up to $1200 in MONETARY COMPENSATION for giving up a seat.

At this point, apparently the state trooper was called, however we were at no time violent, not swearing, not being belligerent or yelling. We were strongly defending our position for what we and all the other passengers around the gate clearly understood was offered, $800 DOLLARS per passenger for the 3 seats that were needed. We insisted that Ms. ** call again and tell the office we were not satisfied with the $200, she again stated we were wrong, and that we would never get more than the $200. We told her to call again and speak to a manager, which she finally did.

The result was a $400 offer which we reluctantly accepted. There was an email that was supposed to come through, and she informed us just to leave and we would receive it within 15 minutes. Our trust in the airline had been clearly damaged, so we did not wish to leave until we received the email. She left us there telling us it would come through and that she was done. She walked away and left us with the state trooper to escort us out. This is how Allegiant repays their passengers who inconvenience themselves to allow the airline to carry on with the scheduled flight, give us less money and call the police to escort us away.

The offer as was understood by all present at the gate was $800, now we were stuck in NY for 3 MORE DAYS until our rescheduled flight on Monday morning.

We were somehow expected to make arrangements for accommodations, transportation and meals with the money received, not to mention that we would all be missing a 1/2 day of work on Monday morning upon returning to Florida. The whole way that this situation played out was unacceptable. Basically, we gave up our seats to accommodate a blunder on Allegiant’s behalf of overselling a flight, and we got stuck paying for it by not receiving the amount promised.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I have flown with Allegiant Air for years. Always joked that they would fly out that they would fly out with no one else would. It was great service back in the day. I don’t know if Covid hit them that bad but I will never fly with them ever again. I was trying to get to NH see my mother & the rest of my family. I had finally download the app the night before the flight I checked in I’ll set 20 minutes later I get a dang flight has been canceled no reason. Come to find out they had no aircraft. Do they realize people make plans and you can’t cancel at the last minute. I had bought it my dogs may travel arrangements inconvenience to my family were disappointed in and see me. You can’t click on the app to change the flight or refund. Prior to this they charged me double the price. You could never get a hold of anybody I was on hold for over three hours, they don’t answer emails texts instant messaging. Horrible customer service now. Goodbye Allegiant.

Original review: July 13, 2021

I flew Allegiant frequently, never an issue. Had to cancel flight due to Covid & received a voucher. I tried to use the voucher, website said I am not authorized. 4 hours on hold for Customer Service.

Original review: July 1, 2021

My sister and brother-in-law came to visit. Were checked in for a flight at 1:00 pm the next day, at 5:30 am the day of the flight got an email the flight was cancelled. No explanation! Had to book last min on another airline costing over 7.

Original review: July 1, 2021

Booked a package flight/hotel deal. Allegiant never got the reservation to the hotel in Nashville. After holding over an hour and never speaking with a person while in the hotel lobby, had to pay the hotel at the current retail price. The hotel clerk said this just happened with someone else there that never got through to get resolved. As of this writing, still can't get through on any phone number to try and get my money back. Starting to wonder if they have any people working anywhere or just all computers designed so you can't resolve problems.

Original review: June 29, 2021

6/28 9pm. My daughter missed her grandma’s funeral because Allegiant told her there was a weather advisory. My daughter will be 18 in three months. The website says anyone older than 15 is considered an adult. They told her that there was a heat wave advisory for Lancaster which is in the desert not even within the vicinity of L.A. It was dropped at 9pm, which was the time of her flight from Indianapolis, and since she was a minor she could not fly. The agent took her phone and went through her emails to check for confirmation, which was never sent. They laughed when she walked away. I asked if they could hire someone to accompany her as the website says but the agent told me that they didn't do that. What a waste of time, money, and energy, emotions. They told her they could reschedule in July. What a joke and very irresponsible. I tried calling but no one would answer. Horrible company. Spirit for now on.

Original review: June 23, 2021

Allegiant airlines cancelled our flight at midnight the night before our 1 pm flight the next Day. Ruined our vacation. We lost 135 in non refundable deposits plus almost lost hotel deposit of 200. Plus we had to spend the entire next day replanning a whole new trip!!!! They didn't offer a later flight either! Nothing. Just ruined our vacation and cost us 135 extra plus time to redo a whole other trip in midst of covid. Had to get rapid covid tests, etc.

Original review: June 22, 2021

I had a family emergency and needed to get to my Mom asap. She lives alone and broke her hip. I had to get a flight to her within hours. I booked a flight with Allegiant and within 10 minutes of booking I realized that I had made a mistake and canceled that flight and had to book with another airline. Allegiant refuse to give me my money back! They issued me a voucher for another flight, but I do not fly often and need my money back! I cancelled 10 min. From booking and they refuse to work with me! I have never dealt with a company who was so hard to get on the phone and who was so unreasonable. 10 MIN. PEOPLE AND THEY REFUSE TO REFUND MY MONEY. I had to call their corporate offices to get a customer service rep on the line. No one picks up their customer service line! This company is despicable. $195.00 for a mistake...

Original review: June 21, 2021

Allegiant Airlines doesn't even treat us as Humans. Not sure if they knew something called Customer Service. It was never there. They just left us in a limbo.. Not sure why you run such an Airline Company just to make people's travel experience a Hell. We traveled from LAX to Idaho Falls. Our return flight was rescheduled multiple times on the day of travel. Just before 2 hours of the departure they canceled the flight. When we enquired for the options with Allegiant Staff at Airport they said, "You have a smartphone you can figure out what to do and we can't do anything."

Idaho falls is remote place and no other flights available and the airport closes at 12 AM. We were literally stranded in cold outside Airport. We have to get a bus to Salt Lake City and get a flight from there the next day. Customer care never picked any calls. Just giving a Allegiant coupon will not help people which we never gonna use. Don't ever fly with these people just to Save some money.

Original review: June 20, 2021

DO NOT USE THIS AIRLINE. I purchased tickets for my parents for their Anniversary & Father's Day so they could spend it with me in NYC. They cancelled the flight at MIDNIGHT the night before. We woke up with my parents having no way to get back to Michigan for work on Monday. Allegiant offered to reschedule them to a flight OVER A WEEK LATER. A week later. Not sure how they expected my parents to just live in NYC for another week or not go to work for a week. We were on hold for over an hour with no one picking up and no one from customer service responding to my emails. My parents are now RENTING A CAR TO DRIVE TO MICHIGAN...12 hours. Happy Father's Day. I can't help but wonder if any Allegiant airline execs actually fly Allegiant?

Original review: June 16, 2021

Allegiant airlines gave me the worst customer service experience of my life and nearly ruined my vacation. Our flight was delayed, then canceled, and then we were told there would be no refunds. Our flight was delayed two hours when we arrived at the airport. When the plane still hadn’t even arrived at the new departure time 8:09 I went up and asked one of the workers if our flight was still coming. They said yes, that it was on its way and should be at the CVG airport at 8:45. Even though neither the app nor the tv at our new gate was updated I trusted that she knew what was going on.

About ten minutes after I inquired about our flight it was taken off the tv at our gate and we didn’t receive any updates over the app. We assumed our gate had been moved again because it had already happened once. We waited for another twenty minutes until we heard another passenger on our flight walking down the aisle yelling that it had been canceled. As we were hearing this news from a PASSENGER that’s when one of the Allegiant workers FINALLY decided to announce it over the intercom that it was canceled. So we proceed to the service desk up front to get our flight rescheduled for the morning. We started getting helped and in the middle of helping us the lady goes to the back, grabs her stuff and leaves. Without saying a word to us she grabs her stuff and goes home IN THE MIDDLE OF ASSISTING US.

Then we had to get back in line because nobody was helping us. The people in front of us are trying to figure out how to get to their destination, they weren’t being rude or anything, this lady comes out of the back, (I believe she may have been a manager) without knowing what was going on she starts yelling “Don’t get an attitude with me. I have no control over this.” NO ONE WAS EVEN SPEAKING TO HER!

Then the kind gentleman (the only helpful worker Allegiant employed) finally had time to help us and all the flights next day were booked due to Allegiant being incompetent and having to cancel three flights to Florida. At this point we decided to just drive because we had already wasted five hours waiting on a plane and missed an entire day at our condo which we already paid for. So I asked if I could get a refund there or if I would have to call. The manager lady butts in and says “You don’t get a refund. You get a voucher for another flight with Allegiant”. I will NEVER fly Allegiant again. I could deal with the flight cancellations IF the customer service wasn’t terrible and there was some form of communication about what was going on with our flight. The best advice I could give is spend the extra money on a Delta ticket because they will actually get you where you paid to go.

Original review: April 16, 2021

When I deplaned after flying Allegiant from Punta Gorda to Providence I sat at the gate in a wheelchair for assistance that never came. After waiting for over one half hour I finally made my way to baggage claim to find that someone had taken my bag. I tried to find someone from Allegiant and was assisted by a Southwest Air baggage attendant who advised me to go upstairs to the Allegiant ticket counter. There were two people there who were of no help. My daughter who had come to pick me up said that she saw my bag on the carousel and then it disappeared. She said that one very large bag (that was totally dissimilar to my bag) remained unclaimed and it was taken upstairs.

When I tried to converse with the person who seemed to be in charge he was less than helpful and told me that Allegiant was not responsible that someone took my bag. I suggested that he call the person belonging to the bag that was left there and things just went downhill from there. After quite a wait I confronted this guy again and asked if he had called the person belonging to the remaining bag and he gave me a vague answer. I asked if the person had my bag and he didn't know, I asked when they were coming to get their bag and again he didn't know. I have to admit that at that point I was very angry and very frustrated. My opinion is that Allegiant does not run a good operation at PGD.

Original review: April 9, 2021

We booked a flight to Destin Fla. After booking I read their reviews. I then started wishing I booked with someone else. But the flight and the crew were excellent! Nothing at all to complain about. They were very nice. Had the same crew for the return. The plane was clean and spotless. I thought it was strange having to pay for carry on bags. That was the only thing to complain about. So I was relieved when it was over. I’ll fly with them in a heartbeat.

Allegiant Air Company Information