1.3/5 (51 ratings)

About Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: May 23, 2022

The worst experience I’ve ever had with an airline. Honestly, I’m embarrassed for Gina, the customer “support” representative. I flew an employee down for work. He got to the gate 20 minutes before the flight was supposed to take off and saw it leave the terminal. I called Allegiant to try and get a refund. After waiting for 2 1/2 hours, I spoke to Gina for less than 10 minutes explaining the situation. She said “I shouldn’t even be talking to you this long since you cannot verify the information.” I gave her ALL the information. She was just embarrassed because I called her out for being terrible at her job. It’s clear they make you wait on hold for an inconceivable amount of time then if you are patient enough to get a “support” representative they just give you the run around then hang up on you. It’s pathetic an airline like this even exists.

Original review: May 18, 2022

First of all, I value Allegiant Air very highly. I enjoy flying with the airlines and have never had any difficulty at all. On a recent flight I overpaid fees associated with my flight and was due a refund. I contacted customer service (702) 954-8699 and requested assistance. The customer service rep was very rude and condescending. She demeaned my questions and attempted to make me feel very foolish. I've worked in the human resource field for many years and I would never allow an employee such as her to work with the general public. Her behavior reflects very poorly on Allegiant Air. I made my call at 10:45 on 5/18/22.

Original review: May 15, 2022

My son has medical condition and has been flying with his service dog for 3 year. Today as he was going to go back home, Allegiant denied him the right to take his dog. Unfortunately due to his medical condition he cannot fly without her or put her in a crate. She has always flown on the floor in front of him. Due to Allegiant refusal to allow his service dog, he had to rent a car and try 16 hours to get back home. Thanks Allegiant for being the worst airline ever. Shame on you to deny people with medical condition take their service dogs with them.

Original review: May 14, 2022

I have flown over a dozen times with Allegiant since 2010. They are my go-to airline for all my trips. Yesterday was the first time I ever had an issue. After 8 hours of delays, the flight was ultimately canceled along with all other flights out of FLL that evening due to maintenance issues. How did Allegiant make this right?

-They refunded the flight in full.
-They credited my account with a $300 voucher immediately

-And finally, additional compensation in the form of a $400 check.

They did all of this on their own. I didn't have to speak to anyone. They announced the cancelation and by the time I got to my rental car, the emails were in my inbox. They offered assistance to anyone who wanted to reschedule the flight but I decided to just rent a car and make the 16hr adventure back home. I was absolutely blown away with the level of determination Allegiant had to make things right. I would have been happy with just a refund.

I don't understand bad reviews for delays or cancelations. Would you rather them put you in a bad plane or fly you through dangerous weather? The amount of full grown adults having temper tantrums in that terminal yesterday was just bizarre. Regardless of the airline you chose, plan for the worst and hope for the best. I always leave a buffer day before and after every trip for delays and cancelations. I always prepare for the airline to lose my bag. I always budget some emergency cash and I always have an enjoyable experience when I travel even when things go wrong.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Flight from Stockton to Las Vegas was to depart from Stockton at 10:08 pm with an arrival time of 11:30 in Vegas. First they called priority and we got up. Then they said, "Never mind. We need to get maintenance out here and we don't know when that is." Then came back on and said, "We will leave in an hour." It's 6 minutes from being an hour and we still are nowhere close to departing. They are very unapologetic and I noticed they have the police here. They were not here before so I think they called them because we aren't really leaving for hours!! I will never fly Allegiant again. I don't care if the airfare is double the price at another airline. They will never see another penny. I hope this airline gets shut down or consumers wise up and stop flying on them. I'm extremely disappointed. The staff is extremely rude and act like we are cheap and that's what we get for flying with them. It's unbelievable.

Original review: May 6, 2022

6 days before our spring break trip, our flight home from Sarasota on 4/9/22 was cancelled by Allegiant. Since we could not get through to Allegiant's customer service department, we sent an email requesting a 1/2 refund so that we could book another flight home. With no notification, Allegiant cancelled our entire trip, including the flight to Sarasota. When we rebooked THE SAME FLIGHT they charged us an additional $500 for THE SAME FLIGHT we had booked since October 2021. There was NO ONE for us to talk to on the customer service line (waited on hold 6+ hours once), NO ONE available to chat with on-line and NO ONE available to help us at the airport. After 4 separate trips to the airport, we finally found an Allegiant manager who then informed us that he could offer us no help.

The airline stranded 7 people with no way home during spring break week and offered no assistance. We had to find another airline (Delta) and paid $1000 more for a flight from Tampa, just to get home because Allegiant offered NO other options. We have read on-line that they have offered $100 cash vouchers per passenger for their inconvenience. But when we FINALLY got through on their customer service line today, their service representative, Summer, refused to allow us to speak with a manager and then hung up on us.

Original review: April 24, 2022

I flew with Allegiant Airlines. They damaged my baggage. I went to counter and showed their employee your damage to my baggage and everything that was broken side. Was told that I need to call customer service and file a claim. I have filed a claim. It was denied stating that I never told them I had fragile things inside my baggage when there is clearly a fragile tape from allegiant airlines on my bag even emailing them a picture of my bag with the tag.

My return flight was somehow canceled. I called customer service and spoke to a supervisor who is very rude and disrespectful. Tell me it’s not his problem my flight got canceled that if I want to book another flight he will match the rate that I paid since the fares went up but I have to pay again for the flight and they will offer me a refund for the first flight. Still being very disrespectful even after I explained to him that I fly with their airline over 30 times a year for work. He told me he doesn’t care how much I fight with him. It’s not his problem. I highly recommend never using this airline. Their employees are disrespectful. I do not care about their customers and this isn’t the first bad Experience I’ve had with this airline. I left the first two slide.

Original review: April 22, 2022

By far the most horrendous service for a military family. My flight was on April 22, 2022 at 7:30am. I downloaded the app on my phone the night before and checked in to my flight within 12 hours of my flight time. I got to the airport at 6am and went and sat in the Cafe by the security clearance until it was closer to time to get to my gate. At 6:30 I went to the security line, I got the the front of the line and was advised by a very nice TSA agent that I wasn't checked in on the app and would need to go to the front desk. I got in line and waited for an Allegiant representative as I approached the counter I explained the situation with the representative KATIE who was very condescending and even grabbed my id out of my hand with force. She advised me the cut of was 5 minutes ago and that I would have to reschedule my flight and pay a new fee.

I told her that I don't want to reschedule because this is a very important military event I have to be at today at 12. I just needed to check in and she yelled that there is sign on the counter and that is the rules, if I didn't like it I could call the 800 number and to get out of her line. I did move to the side and called Allegiant and spoke with a representative named "Jennifer" whom I explained my situation and she advised me to go back to the counter and have Katie check me in since they have been having glitches with the app lately. I did so but was told that Jennifer didn't put a key note in so she's not going to do anything and I could go to another airline but she don't have time to deal with this pettiness and walked to the back room even the other employees standing there kept apologizing for her rudeness.

I asked for manager and was told they don't come in until 9am but then another employee stated Katie is actually the supervisor and I needed to call Allegiant and advise them of what's transpired. Unfortunately, I missed my military event due to an employee who thought she could override everyone and belittle her employees and customer.. It's sad to say that I called Allegiant and spent 5 hours online to be told there is nothing they can do since the app is a third party and not any fault of the airline. This is absolutely horrible service from such a big company.

Original review: April 19, 2022

We received outstanding service from an Allegiant employee, Bob ** who told us he was at the Toledo Ohio Airport from Louisville KY to help the employees for a few days. He had been with the company for a long time and you could tell. He went above and beyond the service we expected. Thank you so very much Mr. **, for renewing our faith in the service industry. We will remember him because of his knowledge and kindness and patience on a very busy day in March of 2022 at our Toledo airport.

Original review: April 14, 2022

Cost me a short notice spur the moment ticket twice in one week & they wanna throw themselves on the "safety" crutch!! Delta flew the same route no problem! So listen up people...if Allegiant screws you & leaves you stranded & you complain & they give you a $50 voucher for your trouble...wipe your butt w/ it & message me regarding a class action suit. If you cash or use that voucher, you cannot be included & that's why they send it... hoping you will accept it & move on. DON'T DO IT, PEOPLE! They will never stop if we do not stand up to them...don't be fooled.

Original review: April 12, 2022

Asked to leave plane, did so without complaint. Gave my side of what happened. Head Gate Staff says they are sorry, it was all a misunderstanding. REALLY!! Then charged 250 for new ticket and small carry on. Never a problem flying until Allegiant. 100's of bad reviews from canceled flights, rude staff, constant delays.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Allegiant Air completely lost my girlfriend's bag on a direct flight from Orlando to Portsmouth and made no serious attempt to ever find the bag or even reach out with a courtesy call. Okay, so mistakes happen, but customer service never even spoke to my girlfriend in person, but treats her like a potential lawsuit whom they now harass for detailed receipts so that they can make a minimum payout based on "depreciation." When I interceded on her behalf, they sent her a form email misspelling her name and saying that they cannot reach out to her in person because "she has a claim." This airline is the Greyhound of the Skies. Their customer service address is a POB in Las Vegas (for real). Probably because their infuriating treatment has caused past customers to send them anthrax through the mail. Save yourself grief and fly a real airline like Delta, Alaska Air or Jet Blue.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I have attempted for weeks and weeks and weeks to contact Allegiant Air to simply upgrade the car in my bundle to a larger vehicle. The car company (Enterprise) can not do so, because it was booked thru Allegiant. I have been put on hold for periods of over 2 hours when calling and no one ever answers. Often times the customer service line simply rings busy. I have used their online chat and representatives are never available to chat. I have written customer Service multiple times via email. They Never respond! It is not worth the tiny savings you think you might be getting by using their service. They say you can get refunds and make changes, but beware. You will never be able to reach anyone to do so. Their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered.

Original review: April 4, 2022

Booked with these guys plenty of times and their customer service is ALWAYS subpar but at least tolerable for the cheap flights, but NOT this time!!! I usually don't go too far out of my way to bash a business but this was above and beyond bad. Booked a month in advance and spent those next 3 weeks trying to get them to answer either a phone call or email. You get email confirmations that they "received" your request but nothing about helping with the problem. I emailed them 6 times, spent over 20 hours on hold, and that was when I didn't get the busy signal which happened 99% of the time. I am on hold as we speak and have been for almost 3 hours. Their website also likes to kick your discounts off right before it charges your card so you can't go back and add it again. I know there are tons of excuses as to why their service sucks but come on, it's just bad business at this point. Zero stars given. :(

Original review: April 3, 2022

My husband and I had a flight booked to DC. We both took the time off work, paid for a rental car, tour tickets, and a hotel. We were walking out the door to go to the airport and received a text that our flight was cancelled. No explanation. We lost the money we paid for rental car, hotel, and tour tickets because you cannot cancel the day of!! There were no other airlines going to DC that night so we had to cancel the whole trip. Terrible customer service!

Original review: April 3, 2022

Our flight was canceled 45 minutes before the scheduled departure. All other flights going to the surrounding areas were already booked. The earliest flight they could offer was 5 days out. There was absolutely no attempt to accommodate the passengers. Had to book a last minute flight with another airline paying twice the cost. I'll never book with them again.

Original review: March 31, 2022

Love the nonstop to AZ from Flint but something needs to be done about the unbelievably long lines at check-in. Also, the long waits at baggage claim are unacceptable. Also, it clearly states at their website that cancellations will be fully refunded back to the credit card that was used. I recently had to cancel a trip which I paid for my disabled combat vet brother, who is on full disability. I did not get a full refund, in fact all I received was a partial voucher for a future trip. I have called and called and at one point waited on line for over 2 hours to speak with someone. I finally gave up. Very disappointing!

Original review: March 29, 2022

In just eleven short months, Allegiant Airlines has unlawfully cost me over two thousand dollars in damages. First stranding me in Jacksonville, Florida, April 2021 by canceling a flight at the 11th hour with no return flight for four business days. Now they are not honoring credit from that canceled flight or refunding me for a rebooked flight to Key West this April 2022. I will be moving forward with a lawsuit to recover my loss and damages unless we can settle this matter in the next five business days.

Original review: March 21, 2022

Same as many reviews on here. Booked months in advance. My flight was cancelled a few hours before takeoff via text message. No reason or any options given. Tried calling numerous times and always rings busy or puts you on perpetual hold. Still haven't been able to talk to anyone or been able to receive a refund. The website won't let me apply for a refund online because I also had a rental car tied to my flight. Say's I have to call.... good luck with that. I'm out hundreds of dollars! Thieves in my book.

Original review: March 15, 2022

2 hrs delayed. No explanation was given..rude fight attendance. Supervisors are a joke in CVG Airport. NEVER AGAIN WILL FLY WITH THIS AIRLINE. Good priced are really not worth it. You basically get what you paid for. :(....DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: March 13, 2022

Worst experience ever. I was scheduled for a 11am departure and received a text alert at 8am the flight was delayed to a 2pm departure. We had already crossed the border into Buffalo so stayed in the general area burning time at a nearby store shopping and were going to head to airport for noon; 2 hours before the revised flight departure. At 10:55am, I received another text that the flight had been moved up to depart at 12pm, literally 1h 5m from the time the text was sent. We rushed to the airport and were in the line to check in bags within 10 min of this time. At exactly 1115pm the single person working behind the counter announced they would not check in any more bags even though myself and at least 40 other people were still in the line. From the time they sent the text with the new departure time to when she announced the cutoff, it was not physically possible to check in all the people there.

Things just got insane from there with everyone screaming, people taking full luggage through security. The one person working just screamed at everyone they should have been there earlier despite all the revised departure notifications. The manager was apparently hiding upstairs and would not come down to help. I have never seen before where they delay a flight by 3 hours and then bump it back up by 2 hours with 20 minutes notice! The flight ended up leaving an hour late with half the passengers, everyone very angry and many stranded. This was completely avoidable situation if it had been managed properly and passengers were given more than 20 minutes notice of the earlier times. I will never fly them again.

Original review: March 11, 2022

We not only had one flight canceled from ICT to Orlando, but then another from Tulsa to Orlando. I got my first flight canceled less than 48 hours before we left leaving me in a last minute frenzy to get a new flight to make out spring break trip happen. The first agent I spoke to hasn’t had a day of customer service training clearly. Hung up after being on the phone 2 hours on hold and Then to speak with someone that I was an inconvenience in her day. Called again- on hold 45 min to speak with someone more helpful that booked us in another flight the same night leaving from Tulsa to Orlando. Got all the way to Tulsa and got an email that it was canceled. Drove back home- on the phone on for 2.5 hours and got disconnected. Tried again the next morning. 2 hours on hold before I spoke with someone that advised the trip was canceled due to weather. I was in Tulsa, there was no weather for another 24 hours.

I was told weather is different in the air, so I requested documentation about flight being canceled due to weather. They won’t provide. It’s basically their word against mine so no comp for all my wasted time and hoops I jumped through to make this trip happen for my family. Will never use Allegiant again, low cost flights not worth it. I will advise everyone for the rest of my days to did the same. Nothing but headaches.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I had to cancel my flight during COVID and was given a voucher. When I received the voucher, it did not come along with any rules, guidelines, policies, etc. I knew my voucher expiration deadline was approaching so I attempted to contact customer service a month prior to that date. I wanted to ask about a possible extension and if the voucher had to be BOOKED or USED by the expiration date. I tried instant chat first. Although it said "agents available now", there was no chat available so I sent an email. When I received no response after several days, I sent another email and also tried to call only to be told that estimated wait time is 2 hours!!!

They said on the recording that they are available on Facebook, I also tried to reach them there. I typed my complete question including the voucher number. A rep answered after two days stating that response times can be up to 8 WEEKS but she could help me -- but didn't answer my question. I retyped my question but have not received a response, AGAIN. My voucher expires today so I tried to book a trip only to find out the departure date has to be before the expiration date. So I just lost $300 because a month was not enough time to get a response from them.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

If I could rate this airline a 0/10 I would. Not only are they the most stingy airline. (5 dollars to print a boarding pass?! What about the elderly who aren’t tech savvy?) They won’t even give you water on the plane without paying an unreasonable price for it. No free snacks like the other airlines either. Again unlike most airlines who require weight is 50lb for checked this airlines is 40lbs and it’s $50 per “overweight bag.” Just literally any drop of money they can squeeze out of you they will. Finally we were a bit early for our flight due to rental car return. We waiting on line for over an hour and got to the front and they said, "We aren’t able to check you in until 1hr 45 min before your flight." That barely left time for security. I will NEVER fly with them again and if a friend says they are flying with them I will urge them to fly with literally anyone else. Terrible terrible experience.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I booked a trip to Las Vegas through Allegiant's website and added hotel accommodations, as well. The day before the trip, my husband tested positive for Covid. I called the hotel and was told any changes had to be made through Allegiant since that's how it was booked. I waited 3.5 hours on hold and finally reached a live person. She stated that I would receive a voucher to be used for future travel.

Fast forward to today, when I was trying to rebook my travel to Las Vegas. My account on Allegiant's website showed I had a voucher but when trying to purchase the flight and hotel, an error message occurred, preventing me from using the voucher. I used the chat online feature to speak with a representative. I was told the hotel denied my claim and that I would not be refunded the money for the hotel stay. I explained that I am Covid positive and that I let Allegiant know the day I found out. I have copies of the chat from the agent named Lilly - I wish I could attach them. It felt like an SNL skit about the worst customer service ever.

I then called The Bellagio and after hold for an hour spoke with a supervisor who explained that when the cancellation was made by Allegiant, there was no reason given for the short notice - nothing noting my Covid positive status. Since no reason was given, they denied the refund. I was told to let Allegiant know they needed to file a waiver with the wholesale department of The Bellagio, and the claim would be paid. I, again, contacted the online chat for Allegiant and again was met with another SNL skit reject upping the status of "worst customer service ever" by someone named Christopher. I stated all they need to do is file a waiver. I was told "NO". I am now on hold with Allegiant, with an expected wait time of "over 2 hours". I hate this airline. HATE THEM.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

We were scheduled to fly out of Grand Rapids at 8AM December 31. Flight was canceled at 3AM that Friday morning. We rebooked on Monday, January 3rd., agent telling us that was our best option. This necessitated staying in Grand Rapids 3 more nights. 3AM Monday morning flight cancelled again, no explanation. We could not wait another 4 days, and who would trust Allegiant again? We rented a car, drove 300 miles to Detroit, spent a night at the Holiday Inn, flew out Spirit to Fort Myers. We had a choice of 3 flights on Spirit. We travel back and forth from Florida, we will never use ALLEGIANT AIR DOES NOT CARE Airlines unless they are truly the last resort.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Terrible Customer Service (from 1 agent in particular). Agent Natalie that we spoke to at 8:30P MDT via phone call on 1/10/2022 was inconsiderately rude at the end of our call. She actually hung up the call rather than listening to the customer complaint and appropriately responding/sharing feedback. She belittled the customer and did not provide courteous feedback. She let me know she made a note that we spoke to her on the account but would refused to allow me to give any feedback over the phone that she could proactive relay to the team. Let me add that I was chatting with this individual after being on hold for 4 hours and after a 2 hour delay on 1/9/2022 on Flight 712.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Do not trust this company to honor their package deals. Booked two separate packages through Allegiant for hotel and Raiders tickets. Both times (one in November, one in January) they sent worse tickets than the tickets advertised in the packages I purchased. Online chat customer service doesn't work, the phone line says it's a 2 hour+ wait to talk to someone. Thank God I'm not dealing with a flight issue.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Allegiant cancelled my flight for March. Did not refund my ticket. Gave me voucher for 100.less than I paid. I want full $ refund. Have been on hold for 3 hours (today 0 and counting, and 2 1/2 hrs yesterday. I fear they are not even trying to address their clients. My trip was to see a relative who is critically ill. Very frustrated and emotional. What can I do?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

My experience with Allegiant on my flight to Pittsburgh from Sarasota was nothing short of aggravating. First it took the people at the baggage check-in nearly 50 minutes to get our bags checked in and ready for flight. Had it taken a minute longer, I may have nearly missed boarding the flight... if they had any idea what gate to be at. Our plane was scheduled to leave out of one gate, but the screen showed a totally different flight boarding from our gate at the same time ours was scheduled. We waited for at least 20 minutes to see if our flight would still be boarding from that gate, and the people at the counter ensured us Pittsburgh was still scheduled to board from that gate.

At the last minute, we were then told our flight was boarding from a different gate which luckily was the one right next to us. If this wasn't bad enough, I had originally paid for a carryon bag that I ended up not utilizing for both the flight to and from Pittsburgh. The people at the desk made a note and gave me a number to call for customer service... I have been calling this number since my return on December 19th and have not gotten through once. I even emailed customer service with no response. Looks as though I will not be getting a refund on the bags I paid for but didn't even use.

Allegiant Air Company Information