1.3/5 (66 ratings)

About Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: April 6, 2022

I have attempted for weeks and weeks and weeks to contact Allegiant Air to simply upgrade the car in my bundle to a larger vehicle. The car company (Enterprise) can not do so, because it was booked thru Allegiant. I have been put on hold for periods of over 2 hours when calling and no one ever answers. Often times the customer service line simply rings busy. I have used their online chat and representatives are never available to chat. I have written customer Service multiple times via email. They Never respond! It is not worth the tiny savings you think you might be getting by using their service. They say you can get refunds and make changes, but beware. You will never be able to reach anyone to do so. Their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered.

Original review: April 4, 2022

Booked with these guys plenty of times and their customer service is ALWAYS subpar but at least tolerable for the cheap flights, but NOT this time!!! I usually don't go too far out of my way to bash a business but this was above and beyond bad. Booked a month in advance and spent those next 3 weeks trying to get them to answer either a phone call or email. You get email confirmations that they "received" your request but nothing about helping with the problem. I emailed them 6 times, spent over 20 hours on hold, and that was when I didn't get the busy signal which happened 99% of the time. I am on hold as we speak and have been for almost 3 hours. Their website also likes to kick your discounts off right before it charges your card so you can't go back and add it again. I know there are tons of excuses as to why their service sucks but come on, it's just bad business at this point. Zero stars given. :(

Original review: April 3, 2022

My husband and I had a flight booked to DC. We both took the time off work, paid for a rental car, tour tickets, and a hotel. We were walking out the door to go to the airport and received a text that our flight was cancelled. No explanation. We lost the money we paid for rental car, hotel, and tour tickets because you cannot cancel the day of!! There were no other airlines going to DC that night so we had to cancel the whole trip. Terrible customer service!

Original review: April 3, 2022

Our flight was canceled 45 minutes before the scheduled departure. All other flights going to the surrounding areas were already booked. The earliest flight they could offer was 5 days out. There was absolutely no attempt to accommodate the passengers. Had to book a last minute flight with another airline paying twice the cost. I'll never book with them again.

Original review: March 31, 2022

Love the nonstop to AZ from Flint but something needs to be done about the unbelievably long lines at check-in. Also, the long waits at baggage claim are unacceptable. Also, it clearly states at their website that cancellations will be fully refunded back to the credit card that was used. I recently had to cancel a trip which I paid for my disabled combat vet brother, who is on full disability. I did not get a full refund, in fact all I received was a partial voucher for a future trip. I have called and called and at one point waited on line for over 2 hours to speak with someone. I finally gave up. Very disappointing!

Original review: March 29, 2022

In just eleven short months, Allegiant Airlines has unlawfully cost me over two thousand dollars in damages. First stranding me in Jacksonville, Florida, April 2021 by canceling a flight at the 11th hour with no return flight for four business days. Now they are not honoring credit from that canceled flight or refunding me for a rebooked flight to Key West this April 2022. I will be moving forward with a lawsuit to recover my loss and damages unless we can settle this matter in the next five business days.

Original review: March 21, 2022

Same as many reviews on here. Booked months in advance. My flight was cancelled a few hours before takeoff via text message. No reason or any options given. Tried calling numerous times and always rings busy or puts you on perpetual hold. Still haven't been able to talk to anyone or been able to receive a refund. The website won't let me apply for a refund online because I also had a rental car tied to my flight. Say's I have to call.... good luck with that. I'm out hundreds of dollars! Thieves in my book.

Original review: March 15, 2022

2 hrs delayed. No explanation was given..rude fight attendance. Supervisors are a joke in CVG Airport. NEVER AGAIN WILL FLY WITH THIS AIRLINE. Good priced are really not worth it. You basically get what you paid for. :(....DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: March 13, 2022

Worst experience ever. I was scheduled for a 11am departure and received a text alert at 8am the flight was delayed to a 2pm departure. We had already crossed the border into Buffalo so stayed in the general area burning time at a nearby store shopping and were going to head to airport for noon; 2 hours before the revised flight departure. At 10:55am, I received another text that the flight had been moved up to depart at 12pm, literally 1h 5m from the time the text was sent. We rushed to the airport and were in the line to check in bags within 10 min of this time. At exactly 1115pm the single person working behind the counter announced they would not check in any more bags even though myself and at least 40 other people were still in the line. From the time they sent the text with the new departure time to when she announced the cutoff, it was not physically possible to check in all the people there.

Things just got insane from there with everyone screaming, people taking full luggage through security. The one person working just screamed at everyone they should have been there earlier despite all the revised departure notifications. The manager was apparently hiding upstairs and would not come down to help. I have never seen before where they delay a flight by 3 hours and then bump it back up by 2 hours with 20 minutes notice! The flight ended up leaving an hour late with half the passengers, everyone very angry and many stranded. This was completely avoidable situation if it had been managed properly and passengers were given more than 20 minutes notice of the earlier times. I will never fly them again.

Original review: March 11, 2022

We not only had one flight canceled from ICT to Orlando, but then another from Tulsa to Orlando. I got my first flight canceled less than 48 hours before we left leaving me in a last minute frenzy to get a new flight to make out spring break trip happen. The first agent I spoke to hasn’t had a day of customer service training clearly. Hung up after being on the phone 2 hours on hold and Then to speak with someone that I was an inconvenience in her day. Called again- on hold 45 min to speak with someone more helpful that booked us in another flight the same night leaving from Tulsa to Orlando. Got all the way to Tulsa and got an email that it was canceled. Drove back home- on the phone on for 2.5 hours and got disconnected. Tried again the next morning. 2 hours on hold before I spoke with someone that advised the trip was canceled due to weather. I was in Tulsa, there was no weather for another 24 hours.

I was told weather is different in the air, so I requested documentation about flight being canceled due to weather. They won’t provide. It’s basically their word against mine so no comp for all my wasted time and hoops I jumped through to make this trip happen for my family. Will never use Allegiant again, low cost flights not worth it. I will advise everyone for the rest of my days to did the same. Nothing but headaches.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I had to cancel my flight during COVID and was given a voucher. When I received the voucher, it did not come along with any rules, guidelines, policies, etc. I knew my voucher expiration deadline was approaching so I attempted to contact customer service a month prior to that date. I wanted to ask about a possible extension and if the voucher had to be BOOKED or USED by the expiration date. I tried instant chat first. Although it said "agents available now", there was no chat available so I sent an email. When I received no response after several days, I sent another email and also tried to call only to be told that estimated wait time is 2 hours!!!

They said on the recording that they are available on Facebook, I also tried to reach them there. I typed my complete question including the voucher number. A rep answered after two days stating that response times can be up to 8 WEEKS but she could help me -- but didn't answer my question. I retyped my question but have not received a response, AGAIN. My voucher expires today so I tried to book a trip only to find out the departure date has to be before the expiration date. So I just lost $300 because a month was not enough time to get a response from them.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

If I could rate this airline a 0/10 I would. Not only are they the most stingy airline. (5 dollars to print a boarding pass?! What about the elderly who aren’t tech savvy?) They won’t even give you water on the plane without paying an unreasonable price for it. No free snacks like the other airlines either. Again unlike most airlines who require weight is 50lb for checked this airlines is 40lbs and it’s $50 per “overweight bag.” Just literally any drop of money they can squeeze out of you they will. Finally we were a bit early for our flight due to rental car return. We waiting on line for over an hour and got to the front and they said, "We aren’t able to check you in until 1hr 45 min before your flight." That barely left time for security. I will NEVER fly with them again and if a friend says they are flying with them I will urge them to fly with literally anyone else. Terrible terrible experience.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

I booked a trip to Las Vegas through Allegiant's website and added hotel accommodations, as well. The day before the trip, my husband tested positive for Covid. I called the hotel and was told any changes had to be made through Allegiant since that's how it was booked. I waited 3.5 hours on hold and finally reached a live person. She stated that I would receive a voucher to be used for future travel.

Fast forward to today, when I was trying to rebook my travel to Las Vegas. My account on Allegiant's website showed I had a voucher but when trying to purchase the flight and hotel, an error message occurred, preventing me from using the voucher. I used the chat online feature to speak with a representative. I was told the hotel denied my claim and that I would not be refunded the money for the hotel stay. I explained that I am Covid positive and that I let Allegiant know the day I found out. I have copies of the chat from the agent named Lilly - I wish I could attach them. It felt like an SNL skit about the worst customer service ever.

I then called The Bellagio and after hold for an hour spoke with a supervisor who explained that when the cancellation was made by Allegiant, there was no reason given for the short notice - nothing noting my Covid positive status. Since no reason was given, they denied the refund. I was told to let Allegiant know they needed to file a waiver with the wholesale department of The Bellagio, and the claim would be paid. I, again, contacted the online chat for Allegiant and again was met with another SNL skit reject upping the status of "worst customer service ever" by someone named Christopher. I stated all they need to do is file a waiver. I was told "NO". I am now on hold with Allegiant, with an expected wait time of "over 2 hours". I hate this airline. HATE THEM.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

We were scheduled to fly out of Grand Rapids at 8AM December 31. Flight was canceled at 3AM that Friday morning. We rebooked on Monday, January 3rd., agent telling us that was our best option. This necessitated staying in Grand Rapids 3 more nights. 3AM Monday morning flight cancelled again, no explanation. We could not wait another 4 days, and who would trust Allegiant again? We rented a car, drove 300 miles to Detroit, spent a night at the Holiday Inn, flew out Spirit to Fort Myers. We had a choice of 3 flights on Spirit. We travel back and forth from Florida, we will never use ALLEGIANT AIR DOES NOT CARE Airlines unless they are truly the last resort.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Terrible Customer Service (from 1 agent in particular). Agent Natalie that we spoke to at 8:30P MDT via phone call on 1/10/2022 was inconsiderately rude at the end of our call. She actually hung up the call rather than listening to the customer complaint and appropriately responding/sharing feedback. She belittled the customer and did not provide courteous feedback. She let me know she made a note that we spoke to her on the account but would refused to allow me to give any feedback over the phone that she could proactive relay to the team. Let me add that I was chatting with this individual after being on hold for 4 hours and after a 2 hour delay on 1/9/2022 on Flight 712.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Do not trust this company to honor their package deals. Booked two separate packages through Allegiant for hotel and Raiders tickets. Both times (one in November, one in January) they sent worse tickets than the tickets advertised in the packages I purchased. Online chat customer service doesn't work, the phone line says it's a 2 hour+ wait to talk to someone. Thank God I'm not dealing with a flight issue.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

Allegiant cancelled my flight for March. Did not refund my ticket. Gave me voucher for 100.less than I paid. I want full $ refund. Have been on hold for 3 hours (today 0 and counting, and 2 1/2 hrs yesterday. I fear they are not even trying to address their clients. My trip was to see a relative who is critically ill. Very frustrated and emotional. What can I do?

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

My experience with Allegiant on my flight to Pittsburgh from Sarasota was nothing short of aggravating. First it took the people at the baggage check-in nearly 50 minutes to get our bags checked in and ready for flight. Had it taken a minute longer, I may have nearly missed boarding the flight... if they had any idea what gate to be at. Our plane was scheduled to leave out of one gate, but the screen showed a totally different flight boarding from our gate at the same time ours was scheduled. We waited for at least 20 minutes to see if our flight would still be boarding from that gate, and the people at the counter ensured us Pittsburgh was still scheduled to board from that gate.

At the last minute, we were then told our flight was boarding from a different gate which luckily was the one right next to us. If this wasn't bad enough, I had originally paid for a carryon bag that I ended up not utilizing for both the flight to and from Pittsburgh. The people at the desk made a note and gave me a number to call for customer service... I have been calling this number since my return on December 19th and have not gotten through once. I even emailed customer service with no response. Looks as though I will not be getting a refund on the bags I paid for but didn't even use.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

Flight from Pittsburgh to SRQ landed in Orlando. Passengers were offered a choice of either getting of the plane or returning to Pittsburgh. Not much of a choice. Airline offered no assistance in getting Passengers to Sarasota. Late evening with no other options but 340.00 Uber ride. Get lost was pretty much a message. Never again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2021

Do NOT EVER FLY Allegiant Air!!!! Worst experience ever! First, boarding the plane, I’ve never seen anyone actually stuff every single traveler’s belongings in that measurement box to check if it was “regulation,” but whatever, it’s the rule. They do not offer you anything on the plane. You have to pay for WATER. When we landed, they had apparently forgotten to get the bags off the plane?? There were barely any incoming flights, it took an hour for our carousel to even start. But that’s not even my grievance.

My return flight was canceled, and the next available flight was three days later so I requested a refund. And I was refunded $100…for a flight I’d paid over $400 for including baggage (for two). Customer service wait times was over two hours so I called and called and finally three days later, I reached someone. I asked that the $70 for my baggage be refunded and they said it was a part of the $100… making each of our nonstop tickets $15??? Absolutely not. So I asked to speak to a manager. THIS IS WHEN IT GETS EVEN BETTER.

She said I got a “really good airfare” for my return flight… $15?! I said “okay, EVEN if that’s true, I deserve half of aaaaaaalllllllllllll of the many fees they charge aside from airfare.” I kid you not - she said the fifteen dollars INCLUDED THE FEES. Which put my tickets at a total of $1.12 each. I said “Lady, do you hear yourself right now??” It was unbelievable. They basically claimed that our tickets TO Florida made up 95% of our entire trip - fees and all - and that it was a “really good deal” I got on the way back… ** - STAY AWAY FROM ALLEGIANT!!!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

I had a TERRIBLE experience on Monday with Allegiant Airlines! I paid for a round-trip plane ticket in July to go home for Christmas from Provo to San Diego. When I arrived at the airport on Monday for my flight they told me I was not on the manifest for some reason. I had my confirmation number, the email they sent me, and I checked my bank account and showed them that I had obviously paid $209 in July for my flight.

The plane was about to leave but they told me the ONLY way I could get on the flights if I was on the manifest (list of people on the plane). They told me I had to buy another plane ticket to get on the flight which was ridiculous! They told me the next opportunity I would have to get on an allegiant flight would be 4 days later! My brother was with me- he got a ticket the same time I did and he had no problems.

They had me pay for another plane ticket and gave me a card for a number I should call to work out these issues and get reimbursed. I have been on the phone on hold for 3 hours straight with no one picking up these fast few days! I am completely stuck. They stole $200 from me and I wish I could reach someone to help me! NEVER FLY WITH THEM! IT'S NOT WORTH BEING TREATED LIKE THIS!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2021

Arrived Sanford Airport for return flight to Peoria, IL at 440am for 625 am flight. Went to check in baggage no problem. Went to check in but Allegiant couldn't get my phone scan for the boarding pass. After a long delay of getting someone in management to check they then sent me downstairs to figure it out. After a long delay there they sent me upstairs by them too late. Gate closed. Booked another flight that was a ten hour wait to fly to Indianapolis plus a 6 hour roundtrip back to Peoria (100 in gas). After a few emails I finally received a reply. Of course they did not take the blame for anything. No refund. Flown this airline many times but won't anymore.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

I have had multiple flight cancelled over the past 2 years so I requested a refund instead of a voucher. The refund was approved. I have not received the refund after months of email communication with Allegiant customer service. Allegiant claims Paynuver processed the refund but, again, I have not received my refund. I have asked Allegiant to find out what bank acct they sent the refund to, no response! I have asked them to call me, no response. Pathetic customer service.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I had a roundtrip flight for my Fall break holidays and the flight got canceled only 2 hours before departure. I tried to contact the customer service for compensation by online chat and Robin cut my chat without letting me talk further. Then I called customer service and after they got my information, they cut the phone. Not only did I lose my non-refundable hotel cost, but I also felt very much disrespectful by Allegiant customer service. I will never ever travel with this airline.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

I was harassed, threatened, verbally abused and violated by the lead flight attendant on my flight. I reached out to the company and they did absolutely nothing. Be very careful with these cheap unproven airlines. Not myself, my immediate family or my extended family will ever fly Allegiant again.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

This was the worst flying experience I have ever had!!! NEVER NEVER NEVER FLY THIS AIRLINE!! My fiance is a transplant patient and now waiting for another transplant. She has a designated medical service dog, not an emotionally support dog, and actual trained, doctor prescribed (UofU transplant team) service dog who detects and warns of blood sugar levels. Normal airlines allow at time of check in to allow verification of service dog. I called before the flight and waited on hold for 90mins to speak with a customer service agent who explained since it was within 48hrs of the flight I would need to bring her verification letter to the desk check in.

We arrived early and was told abruptly by the gate check in that she needs prior approval and wouldn't even listen or talk to us as other people were on the flight and wouldn't discuss it, she just kept saying "It's not my choice. It's not my problem". We waited for the line to go down and then I showed her on their own website that at the gate the gate agent can accept the paperwork. She refused. She then called customer service herself and told me on the phone that there was nothing that could be done. He said he had no record of me calling, he told me there was nothing to be done and then because I got upset and angry that if I didn't let him finish telling me how it was all my fault he would cancel our tickets with no refund.

I asked what we could do then he said "find somewhere to put your pet". I then asked if I could just take her on as a regular pet, of course I could...for $50!!! But then complained that the bag she was in was not compliant (service dogs don't have to be in regular bags, she has a designated bag). After arguing again with the service gate agent she finally accepted my money but with condition it was nonrefundable but the air stewards could still refuse the bag. We rush to the plane where the air stewards at first refused, then when we explained she was a service dog and showed her service vest still resisted.

My fiance is balling at this point. The stewardess then says "oh the vest doesn't mean anything you can just buy that online". I then showed them the WRITTEN DOCTOR'S NOTE and she simply said fine and wouldn't look at us. It's a 1hr 45min flight and has been more stressful than any other flight I've been on. The staff are rude, won't accept responsibility and all they want is to nickel and dime your money. Even if it seems cheaper, never fly this airlines.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I fly Allegiant often, their low prices and many direct flights from Grand Rapids MI are hard to beat. Yes they do not offer comforts (seats don't even recline) and they nickel and dime you for everything. For a short 2 hr flight, I can deal with most anything. The cancelations are a big problem, but all airlines are doing this to greater extents than before. Best advice, be careful when using Allegiant to fly into one of their lesser served airports (especially when on both ends). They have many destinations that are served once or twice a week, or they seem to drop locations on and off, I've yet to figure out what they have going on. If you're going to one of these locations proceed with caution and your eyes wide open. And especially if you're doing non-cancelable car or hotel reservations or have something that you absolutely must be at, go elsewhere. But if you have some flexibility and are going to one of their heavily served destinations they are worth the chance.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

This is the first time booking with this airline. I got a notice that the flight was delayed on the way to the airport. Shortly after that I get another notification that the flight is cancelled, to add insult to injury. I tried calling. There is a two hour wait time. I am still on hold over an hour at this point. Insane! This is the worst and dumbest company! Don’t waste your money on this airline.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Our Mother and 5 daughters do a Mother/Daughter trip every year. This year I booked the flight in June, 2021 for us to travel to Nashville. Our oldest sister got sick and took a turn for the worst in September. Unfortunately she passed and we couldn't bring ourselves to take this trip to also celebrate her Oct. 5th birthday. I notified Allegiant Air and Hilda was most kind with me having to make this call in enough time for Allegiant to be able to book our seats. Allegiant refunded all of our money and was very sympathetic during this horrible time we have been going thru. Thanks to Hilda and Allegiant Air I can highly recommend them. #AllegiantAirrocks!!! This would have been my 2nd trip with them and I will certainly use them whenever I can. Very compassionate company and understanding.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I booked flights in early July and never received email confirmation with the cost of the booking. After many attempts by phone which is impossible to get through in less than two hours, I connected with a CS rep who was going to transfer me and I held for 19 minutes. I then emailed the company to send me details on my purchase. It's been nearly two additional weeks and they still won't respond. And there's no billing dept referenced in their phone tree other than if you have an Allegiant card. My credit card bill did NOT match what I booked and since we've traveled, I have no recourse with my cc. This company is obviously understaffed undermanaged and unresponsive. They're cheap even with all the add-ons, but use another airline. If something goes wrong, you have no recourse and no way to reach anyone.

Allegiant Air Company Information