3.8/5 (386 ratings)

About Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2022

We were very excited Allegiant was coming to Bishop Airport in Flint MI. We purchased tickets immediately. Covid started so we had to postpone our flight. I have a medical condition with documentation by my physician that states I'm unable to wear a mask. Our tickets expired before the mask mandate was lifted. I contracted Allegiant multiple times and included my physician's note, no response. I feel like they discriminated against me because of my medical condition, all I was requesting was to reschedule my airfare. They couldn't even be bothered to respond and I lost my money.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

I am currently on flight 543 that was suppose to leave from Nashville at 4:46pm. We did not leave until almost 6pm. We arrived in Grand Rapids around 7:30pm. The pilot told us we may have to circle around because of the weather or go to a nearby airport and wait until the weather clear up. Well after 10 minutes we left and went right back into the sky. Nobody said why. After 15 minutes the pilot says we are going to Indiana to fuel up and wait until the weather clears up. After that nothing. Another 10-15 minutes he says we will arrive in about 60 miles (what is that I don't know). We arrived. They let us off the plane. We waited 2 hours.

By this time my nephew who arrived at 6:30pm to pick me up from Muskegon advised the weather was clear. I went to the desk and asked what we were waiting on. He said for another person to come in at 10pm. This pilot came at 10 pm. We got on the plane at 10:30pm.. It is now 12:50 am and we are still on the plane. We have to ask for updates. They have gave us 10 different waiting reasons. Even waiting for fuel was a reason. Mind you this is the reason we came to Indiana 4 hours ago. I asked one of the workers name Hillary for an update. She rolled her eyes at me and walked away.

I have a 6 year old and a teenager starving. Had to ask for water and a snack. They gave us some small pretzels. This airline is a disaster. I have never ever experienced such lies/broken promises and made up reasons to wait. Now my ride has left after 6.5 hours of waiting because he had to work at 2am. So when I arrive to Grand Rapids I have to figure out a ride to Muskegon in the am with a toddler and teenager. I hate this place right now.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I bought round trip tickets to visit family in Florida just before the pandemic hit! Unfortunately I wasn’t able to go due to pandemic but was refused refund credit only. So I Had booked to go but unfortunately again was scammed for a vehicle and lost all my money due to it so had to cancel my trip last minute. I was told tough cookie you lost all your money. No refunds, credit or reschedule. I tried to explain this ticket was from pandemic and I have legit paperwork from the police that I was robbed for all my money. A victim of a very large scandal that thankfully I was smart enough to unravel so no one else had to become victim but lost everything including my airfare. :(:(:(

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

Allegiant has cancelled 3 of our flights just this year. Since they offer so few flights and don't code share with other airlines, you are left stuck having to purchase very expensive last minute fares on other airlines. They just did it to us again for Thanksgiving week. Our flight was cancelled 8 days before the trip with no explanation. We had the privilege of spending $800 more for holiday travel since it was pretty last minute. Whatever savings you think you are getting upfront by a budget airlines will bite you in the rear since you will spend far more due to all their cancelled flights. We will no longer risk it. When I have called customer service, they said that is the risk you take and why they are so cheap. Grrr.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

In the last 3 weeks I have had 3 terrible encounters with Allegiant. I am not one to usually leave bad reviews when the circumstances are generally out of their control but I think this needs to be known by future travelers. On a flight from Orange County to Provo and as we were about to take off the captain announced that there were negative weather conditions in Provo so they would try to land but “it’s not looking good”. So as they were about to land in Provo they began to ascend and then said “We won’t be able to land, we are diverting to Mesa, AZ”. Ugh. So we get to Mesa Gateway and basically they just kicked everyone off the plane and said “You can book another flight on the app or rebook with another airline.” Uh, the next flight back to Provo was 3 days later, it was almost midnight and there were mother other airlines from that tiny airport.

Two hundred people on that flight were displaced to AZ and Allegiant did nothing to help any of them. Some of them were younger teens traveling alone and lots of families just coming from Disney. I had to book a flight out of Phoenix the next day and paid 349 for one way. Between the 349 fare, the hotel that night and the Uber fares I was out almost $500. ALLEGIANT DID NOTHING but give me a voucher for a later flight. No other airline would have handled this in such a manner. It was so inconsiderate. Not to mention that my husband who was waiting for me in Provo was never able to get a straight answer from any customer service person about where my plane was. He has no idea where I was until I called him.

Fast forward to 4 days ago… we have had Disney trip planned for months. We get a notice that the Provo-SNA flight was cancelled. So we scramble to rebook a one way flight to get there, of course paying 3 times the fare. Two days later, they cancel the SNA to Provo flight back!! Seriously?? So after now booking another one way flight to get home we have paid THREE TIMES THE FARE so that we can maintain our plans and not lose all our other deposits. I get cancellations happen for lots of reasons, but there should be some compensation for so much inconvenience especially this time of year. What’s going on ALLEGIANT?? This has been the most frustration and inconsiderate experience I have ever had with an airline. Truly, I won’t be using them again. There is too much other worthy competition.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

I booked a flight for Granddaughter's wedding from Sarasota to Flint. On Allegiant Air. The flight was for Nov.10th. I booked in August. September 4th my husband passed away, then Hurricane Ian hit my area in Florida. I was one of the lucky ones, I can still live in my house, but need a new roof, new ceilings in Great Room and Kitchen plus outside trees and shrubs look like a war zone. I call customer service for 2 days and could not get through. After research I found another number, got in touch with customer service. I was on the phone for 51 minutes and ended paying $100.00 plus a deposit. They told me they paid to a car rental company. They gave me 2 vouchers, would not refund my late husband's money. I understand not mine. Most uncompassionate company I ever dealt with.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

This is now considered the worst airline I have ever traveled with. They announced a 4.5-hour delay with no explanation or empathy to travelers. We were offered some soda/pop, but no food vouchers or anything. I reached out to customer service twice by email, with no response. I tried the customer service line with an hour hold, to no avail. The chat box is never available. What a wasted airline!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

Allegiant app charged me twice for 1 roundtrip ticket over month and half ago.. Sent over 20 emails to their fake customer service, no response... NOW I'M GOING TO SUE THEM FOR THEFT, NEGLIGENCE, LATE FEES, INTEREST AND FALSE ADVERTISEMENT.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2022

Myself and another passenger had a flight booked for today, October 3, 2022 to Ft. Myers, Fl. today. My house was completely destroyed, I talked to an agent regarding what to do, and I was told that unless the airline, Allegiant, cancelled it themselves I would still be charged for the flight. I checked the status of the Ft. Myers airport RSW, and the airport is still closed today. So no commercial flights could land. Allegiant airlines is still going to charge me for the flights, even though the airport is closed.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2022

You have no right to keep any of the money. Especially on such a thing as having to cancel because of a hurricane!!! You are a bunch of scumbags. I despise your company and eSky for keeping $64.32 of my money because you cancelled my previous flight. You are nothing but a rip-off. Always looking for ways to steal people's money, I am disabled and on social security. You are the scum of the earth. Treat people the way you want to be treated. You have been reported!!!

Original review: July 21, 2022

When you want to know what time you can check in your luggage. They tell you it is 2 hours before. But I had to talk to some employees of the company to find out to when you can. It is better to use their app if you have an account with them.

Original review: June 28, 2022

One flight was good 2.5 hrs no problem, the return flight was canceled the day of (just a few hrs prior) no explanation, just canceled... Tix are cheap, but if you get canceled last minute and you're having to purchase last minute tix thru another airline you'll pay EXTRA! As this airline only flies to certain places twice (2x) a week. Book at your own risk! Good luck.

Original review: June 28, 2022

My flight with Allegiant was scheduled for Saturday, May 28th out of Grand Rapids to Orlando. I returned on Sunday, June 5th via American Airlines out of Tampa Florida. My luggage was lost. I spoke with Bonnie, Grand Rapids Allegiant representative for many days. She was SOOO nice and tried to help as much as possible. By Wednesday, June 1st Bonnie let me know it was not likely we would find the suitcase at this point (5 days) and to keep all receipts for purchases made during our stay. This was devastating news. So many favorite things are just gone!

How does this happen? It was a direct flight. Actually, it happened that the Allegiant attendant put the wrong tag (that he printed) on my bag. I was notified on Thursday, June 2 that my bag had been located and would be couriered to my location in St. Pete Florida. The baggage arrived on 6-3-22. The suitcase looked like it had been run over. I am missing one purse, one shoe, and a gift that was for my wedding party on Saturday. A pair of white pants I had in the suitcase looked like the shoe prints all over them had hydraulic fluid on them. Also, my perfume was cracked and broken, clearly from the impact of my suitcase being run over, and exploded all over my bag! I can't tell you the amount of time I spent (daily) in attempts to buy clothing and personal items to get through our many meetings.

We were searching for a house and had realtor meetings for 6 days and then a Wedding! I had nothing. I had to buy another suitcase and ended up paying to check both bags on the way home! This has been a disaster and it started with the Allegiant employee incorrectly tagging my bags and now not paying to have the items reimbursed. I have sent a spreadsheet and receipts for everything bought while in Florida. I believe that Allegiant should be liable for my time, the stolen items, and the items destroyed during the time the suitcase was lost. They still have not paid any claims or reimbursement to me. It has been 5 weeks.

Original review: June 26, 2022

I had my flight cancelled. When I immediately logged on to get a new flight the soonest I could get a flight was 11 days after my original flight. I spent 4 hrs on hold trying to contact the company who has "24 hr service". I tweeted and emailed them but nothing. I don't know how to book a new flight because 11 days later does not work for me and no one is responding to my requests for help.

Original review: June 16, 2022

They canceled our flights in the last minutes without any reasons. I tried to call but the phone did not even ring, I wrote email and called everywhere to see what happened but no response at all. They messed up my hotel booking, car booking and my whole trip. It was my first time booking with Allegiant and there will be no second time here, no more. It has a cheap price for some reasons, very disappointed. STAY AWAY!

Original review: June 9, 2022

We had a trip booked for our family and pre-paid for hotels and Allegiant just canceled our flight. When trying to re-book due to their website not allowing me to do so I was on hold for OVER an hour for not only to NOT be able to book a flight to the other city we needed but for them to do absolutely nothing to compensate for the huge inconvenience this has caused us. I am an Allegiant World Mastercard holder and I am seriously regretting ever signing up for it. Their customer service and willingness to help you and make things right when they mess up is HORRIBLE. Save yourself the headache.

Original review: May 28, 2022

Low cost may not be really low cost… Do you want to be charged $5 for a printed boarding pass? Don’t make the mistake of not prepaying for your bags… If you do expect the cost to double! Rent a car in conjunction? They do not include taxes at the airport. That’s an additional $75 in my case. Want to discuss it? Forget that. You can’t get ahold of anyone. There is a Google link that literally says “why doesn’t Allegiant answer the phone”.

Original review: May 26, 2022

This is not about cheap as Southwest is cheap and their service is impeccable. Unfortunately, I flew this airline as it was local and I had never been to Eugene, OR. This is a negative. I am used to suffering on air flights. People forget not only is seating horrible for tall people, we use more luggage space, for the exact same clothing the average person uses. So, we pay. No problem. But to be herald as cheap, then be rude, sweaty, steal your money, say it's in the small print but there is no small print. Ask specific questions, have the answers in writing and still not have them honored. I honestly believed I would never assigned another airline to the 7th level of Dante's hell with Spirit Airlines but....yeah...move over Spirit and welcome your sister Allegiant...smh.

Original review: May 24, 2022

Along with many others, I want to express how dissatisfied I am with Allegiant for canceling my flight. I spent over a week of my time researching and booking the flight, hotel and car rental for a vacation 6 months in advance. They canceled the flight without any reason or explanation. I will not be spending any more of my valuable time planning a trip with them so they can arbitrarily eliminate it. I guess they in with the cancel culture mentality. They aren't the only ones who can cancel. I cancel them!!

Original review: May 23, 2022

The worst experience I’ve ever had with an airline. Honestly, I’m embarrassed for Gina, the customer “support” representative. I flew an employee down for work. He got to the gate 20 minutes before the flight was supposed to take off and saw it leave the terminal. I called Allegiant to try and get a refund. After waiting for 2 1/2 hours, I spoke to Gina for less than 10 minutes explaining the situation. She said “I shouldn’t even be talking to you this long since you cannot verify the information.” I gave her ALL the information. She was just embarrassed because I called her out for being terrible at her job. It’s clear they make you wait on hold for an inconceivable amount of time then if you are patient enough to get a “support” representative they just give you the run around then hang up on you. It’s pathetic an airline like this even exists.

Original review: May 18, 2022

First of all, I value Allegiant Air very highly. I enjoy flying with the airlines and have never had any difficulty at all. On a recent flight I overpaid fees associated with my flight and was due a refund. I contacted customer service (702) 954-8699 and requested assistance. The customer service rep was very rude and condescending. She demeaned my questions and attempted to make me feel very foolish. I've worked in the human resource field for many years and I would never allow an employee such as her to work with the general public. Her behavior reflects very poorly on Allegiant Air. I made my call at 10:45 on 5/18/22.

Original review: May 15, 2022

My son has medical condition and has been flying with his service dog for 3 year. Today as he was going to go back home, Allegiant denied him the right to take his dog. Unfortunately due to his medical condition he cannot fly without her or put her in a crate. She has always flown on the floor in front of him. Due to Allegiant refusal to allow his service dog, he had to rent a car and try 16 hours to get back home. Thanks Allegiant for being the worst airline ever. Shame on you to deny people with medical condition take their service dogs with them.

Original review: May 13, 2022

Flight from Stockton to Las Vegas was to depart from Stockton at 10:08 pm with an arrival time of 11:30 in Vegas. First they called priority and we got up. Then they said, "Never mind. We need to get maintenance out here and we don't know when that is." Then came back on and said, "We will leave in an hour." It's 6 minutes from being an hour and we still are nowhere close to departing. They are very unapologetic and I noticed they have the police here. They were not here before so I think they called them because we aren't really leaving for hours!! I will never fly Allegiant again. I don't care if the airfare is double the price at another airline. They will never see another penny. I hope this airline gets shut down or consumers wise up and stop flying on them. I'm extremely disappointed. The staff is extremely rude and act like we are cheap and that's what we get for flying with them. It's unbelievable.

Original review: May 6, 2022

6 days before our spring break trip, our flight home from Sarasota on 4/9/22 was cancelled by Allegiant. Since we could not get through to Allegiant's customer service department, we sent an email requesting a 1/2 refund so that we could book another flight home. With no notification, Allegiant cancelled our entire trip, including the flight to Sarasota. When we rebooked THE SAME FLIGHT they charged us an additional $500 for THE SAME FLIGHT we had booked since October 2021. There was NO ONE for us to talk to on the customer service line (waited on hold 6+ hours once), NO ONE available to chat with on-line and NO ONE available to help us at the airport. After 4 separate trips to the airport, we finally found an Allegiant manager who then informed us that he could offer us no help.

The airline stranded 7 people with no way home during spring break week and offered no assistance. We had to find another airline (Delta) and paid $1000 more for a flight from Tampa, just to get home because Allegiant offered NO other options. We have read on-line that they have offered $100 cash vouchers per passenger for their inconvenience. But when we FINALLY got through on their customer service line today, their service representative, Summer, refused to allow us to speak with a manager and then hung up on us.

Original review: April 24, 2022

I flew with Allegiant Airlines. They damaged my baggage. I went to counter and showed their employee your damage to my baggage and everything that was broken side. Was told that I need to call customer service and file a claim. I have filed a claim. It was denied stating that I never told them I had fragile things inside my baggage when there is clearly a fragile tape from allegiant airlines on my bag even emailing them a picture of my bag with the tag.

My return flight was somehow canceled. I called customer service and spoke to a supervisor who is very rude and disrespectful. Tell me it’s not his problem my flight got canceled that if I want to book another flight he will match the rate that I paid since the fares went up but I have to pay again for the flight and they will offer me a refund for the first flight. Still being very disrespectful even after I explained to him that I fly with their airline over 30 times a year for work. He told me he doesn’t care how much I fight with him. It’s not his problem. I highly recommend never using this airline. Their employees are disrespectful. I do not care about their customers and this isn’t the first bad Experience I’ve had with this airline. I left the first two slide.

Original review: April 22, 2022

By far the most horrendous service for a military family. My flight was on April 22, 2022 at 7:30am. I downloaded the app on my phone the night before and checked in to my flight within 12 hours of my flight time. I got to the airport at 6am and went and sat in the Cafe by the security clearance until it was closer to time to get to my gate. At 6:30 I went to the security line, I got the the front of the line and was advised by a very nice TSA agent that I wasn't checked in on the app and would need to go to the front desk. I got in line and waited for an Allegiant representative as I approached the counter I explained the situation with the representative KATIE who was very condescending and even grabbed my id out of my hand with force. She advised me the cut of was 5 minutes ago and that I would have to reschedule my flight and pay a new fee.

I told her that I don't want to reschedule because this is a very important military event I have to be at today at 12. I just needed to check in and she yelled that there is sign on the counter and that is the rules, if I didn't like it I could call the 800 number and to get out of her line. I did move to the side and called Allegiant and spoke with a representative named "Jennifer" whom I explained my situation and she advised me to go back to the counter and have Katie check me in since they have been having glitches with the app lately. I did so but was told that Jennifer didn't put a key note in so she's not going to do anything and I could go to another airline but she don't have time to deal with this pettiness and walked to the back room even the other employees standing there kept apologizing for her rudeness.

I asked for manager and was told they don't come in until 9am but then another employee stated Katie is actually the supervisor and I needed to call Allegiant and advise them of what's transpired. Unfortunately, I missed my military event due to an employee who thought she could override everyone and belittle her employees and customer.. It's sad to say that I called Allegiant and spent 5 hours online to be told there is nothing they can do since the app is a third party and not any fault of the airline. This is absolutely horrible service from such a big company.

Original review: April 14, 2022

Cost me a short notice spur the moment ticket twice in one week & they wanna throw themselves on the "safety" crutch!! Delta flew the same route no problem! So listen up people...if Allegiant screws you & leaves you stranded & you complain & they give you a $50 voucher for your trouble...wipe your butt w/ it & message me regarding a class action suit. If you cash or use that voucher, you cannot be included & that's why they send it... hoping you will accept it & move on. DON'T DO IT, PEOPLE! They will never stop if we do not stand up to them...don't be fooled.

Original review: April 12, 2022

Asked to leave plane, did so without complaint. Gave my side of what happened. Head Gate Staff says they are sorry, it was all a misunderstanding. REALLY!! Then charged 250 for new ticket and small carry on. Never a problem flying until Allegiant. 100's of bad reviews from canceled flights, rude staff, constant delays.

Original review: April 7, 2022

Allegiant Air completely lost my girlfriend's bag on a direct flight from Orlando to Portsmouth and made no serious attempt to ever find the bag or even reach out with a courtesy call. Okay, so mistakes happen, but customer service never even spoke to my girlfriend in person, but treats her like a potential lawsuit whom they now harass for detailed receipts so that they can make a minimum payout based on "depreciation." When I interceded on her behalf, they sent her a form email misspelling her name and saying that they cannot reach out to her in person because "she has a claim." This airline is the Greyhound of the Skies. Their customer service address is a POB in Las Vegas (for real). Probably because their infuriating treatment has caused past customers to send them anthrax through the mail. Save yourself grief and fly a real airline like Delta, Alaska Air or Jet Blue.

Original review: April 6, 2022

I have attempted for weeks and weeks and weeks to contact Allegiant Air to simply upgrade the car in my bundle to a larger vehicle. The car company (Enterprise) can not do so, because it was booked thru Allegiant. I have been put on hold for periods of over 2 hours when calling and no one ever answers. Often times the customer service line simply rings busy. I have used their online chat and representatives are never available to chat. I have written customer Service multiple times via email. They Never respond! It is not worth the tiny savings you think you might be getting by using their service. They say you can get refunds and make changes, but beware. You will never be able to reach anyone to do so. Their customer service is the worst I have ever encountered.

Allegiant Air Company Information