1.3/5 (50 ratings)

About Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allegiant Air?

Original review: July 1, 2021

Booked a package flight/hotel deal. Allegiant never got the reservation to the hotel in Nashville. After holding over an hour and never speaking with a person while in the hotel lobby, had to pay the hotel at the current retail price. The hotel clerk said this just happened with someone else there that never got through to get resolved. As of this writing, still can't get through on any phone number to try and get my money back. Starting to wonder if they have any people working anywhere or just all computers designed so you can't resolve problems.

Original review: June 29, 2021

6/28 9pm. My daughter missed her grandma’s funeral because Allegiant told her there was a weather advisory. My daughter will be 18 in three months. The website says anyone older than 15 is considered an adult. They told her that there was a heat wave advisory for Lancaster which is in the desert not even within the vicinity of L.A. It was dropped at 9pm, which was the time of her flight from Indianapolis, and since she was a minor she could not fly. The agent took her phone and went through her emails to check for confirmation, which was never sent. They laughed when she walked away. I asked if they could hire someone to accompany her as the website says but the agent told me that they didn't do that. What a waste of time, money, and energy, emotions. They told her they could reschedule in July. What a joke and very irresponsible. I tried calling but no one would answer. Horrible company. Spirit for now on.

Original review: June 23, 2021

Allegiant airlines cancelled our flight at midnight the night before our 1 pm flight the next Day. Ruined our vacation. We lost 135 in non refundable deposits plus almost lost hotel deposit of 200. Plus we had to spend the entire next day replanning a whole new trip!!!! They didn't offer a later flight either! Nothing. Just ruined our vacation and cost us 135 extra plus time to redo a whole other trip in midst of covid. Had to get rapid covid tests, etc.

Original review: June 22, 2021

I had a family emergency and needed to get to my Mom asap. She lives alone and broke her hip. I had to get a flight to her within hours. I booked a flight with Allegiant and within 10 minutes of booking I realized that I had made a mistake and canceled that flight and had to book with another airline. Allegiant refuse to give me my money back! They issued me a voucher for another flight, but I do not fly often and need my money back! I cancelled 10 min. From booking and they refuse to work with me! I have never dealt with a company who was so hard to get on the phone and who was so unreasonable. 10 MIN. PEOPLE AND THEY REFUSE TO REFUND MY MONEY. I had to call their corporate offices to get a customer service rep on the line. No one picks up their customer service line! This company is despicable. $195.00 for a mistake...

Original review: June 21, 2021

Allegiant Airlines doesn't even treat us as Humans. Not sure if they knew something called Customer Service. It was never there. They just left us in a limbo.. Not sure why you run such an Airline Company just to make people's travel experience a Hell. We traveled from LAX to Idaho Falls. Our return flight was rescheduled multiple times on the day of travel. Just before 2 hours of the departure they canceled the flight. When we enquired for the options with Allegiant Staff at Airport they said, "You have a smartphone you can figure out what to do and we can't do anything."

Idaho falls is remote place and no other flights available and the airport closes at 12 AM. We were literally stranded in cold outside Airport. We have to get a bus to Salt Lake City and get a flight from there the next day. Customer care never picked any calls. Just giving a Allegiant coupon will not help people which we never gonna use. Don't ever fly with these people just to Save some money.

Original review: June 20, 2021

DO NOT USE THIS AIRLINE. I purchased tickets for my parents for their Anniversary & Father's Day so they could spend it with me in NYC. They cancelled the flight at MIDNIGHT the night before. We woke up with my parents having no way to get back to Michigan for work on Monday. Allegiant offered to reschedule them to a flight OVER A WEEK LATER. A week later. Not sure how they expected my parents to just live in NYC for another week or not go to work for a week. We were on hold for over an hour with no one picking up and no one from customer service responding to my emails. My parents are now RENTING A CAR TO DRIVE TO MICHIGAN...12 hours. Happy Father's Day. I can't help but wonder if any Allegiant airline execs actually fly Allegiant?

Original review: June 16, 2021

Allegiant airlines gave me the worst customer service experience of my life and nearly ruined my vacation. Our flight was delayed, then canceled, and then we were told there would be no refunds. Our flight was delayed two hours when we arrived at the airport. When the plane still hadn’t even arrived at the new departure time 8:09 I went up and asked one of the workers if our flight was still coming. They said yes, that it was on its way and should be at the CVG airport at 8:45. Even though neither the app nor the tv at our new gate was updated I trusted that she knew what was going on.

About ten minutes after I inquired about our flight it was taken off the tv at our gate and we didn’t receive any updates over the app. We assumed our gate had been moved again because it had already happened once. We waited for another twenty minutes until we heard another passenger on our flight walking down the aisle yelling that it had been canceled. As we were hearing this news from a PASSENGER that’s when one of the Allegiant workers FINALLY decided to announce it over the intercom that it was canceled. So we proceed to the service desk up front to get our flight rescheduled for the morning. We started getting helped and in the middle of helping us the lady goes to the back, grabs her stuff and leaves. Without saying a word to us she grabs her stuff and goes home IN THE MIDDLE OF ASSISTING US.

Then we had to get back in line because nobody was helping us. The people in front of us are trying to figure out how to get to their destination, they weren’t being rude or anything, this lady comes out of the back, (I believe she may have been a manager) without knowing what was going on she starts yelling “Don’t get an attitude with me. I have no control over this.” NO ONE WAS EVEN SPEAKING TO HER!

Then the kind gentleman (the only helpful worker Allegiant employed) finally had time to help us and all the flights next day were booked due to Allegiant being incompetent and having to cancel three flights to Florida. At this point we decided to just drive because we had already wasted five hours waiting on a plane and missed an entire day at our condo which we already paid for. So I asked if I could get a refund there or if I would have to call. The manager lady butts in and says “You don’t get a refund. You get a voucher for another flight with Allegiant”. I will NEVER fly Allegiant again. I could deal with the flight cancellations IF the customer service wasn’t terrible and there was some form of communication about what was going on with our flight. The best advice I could give is spend the extra money on a Delta ticket because they will actually get you where you paid to go.

Original review: April 16, 2021

When I deplaned after flying Allegiant from Punta Gorda to Providence I sat at the gate in a wheelchair for assistance that never came. After waiting for over one half hour I finally made my way to baggage claim to find that someone had taken my bag. I tried to find someone from Allegiant and was assisted by a Southwest Air baggage attendant who advised me to go upstairs to the Allegiant ticket counter. There were two people there who were of no help. My daughter who had come to pick me up said that she saw my bag on the carousel and then it disappeared. She said that one very large bag (that was totally dissimilar to my bag) remained unclaimed and it was taken upstairs.

When I tried to converse with the person who seemed to be in charge he was less than helpful and told me that Allegiant was not responsible that someone took my bag. I suggested that he call the person belonging to the bag that was left there and things just went downhill from there. After quite a wait I confronted this guy again and asked if he had called the person belonging to the remaining bag and he gave me a vague answer. I asked if the person had my bag and he didn't know, I asked when they were coming to get their bag and again he didn't know. I have to admit that at that point I was very angry and very frustrated. My opinion is that Allegiant does not run a good operation at PGD.

Original review: April 9, 2021

We booked a flight to Destin Fla. After booking I read their reviews. I then started wishing I booked with someone else. But the flight and the crew were excellent! Nothing at all to complain about. They were very nice. Had the same crew for the return. The plane was clean and spotless. I thought it was strange having to pay for carry on bags. That was the only thing to complain about. So I was relieved when it was over. I’ll fly with them in a heartbeat.

Original review: April 1, 2021

Great airlines with great prices. I have never had to wait for a flight and we have always been on time or sometimes early. The flight crews have always be very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this airline to my friends.

Original review: March 26, 2021

Don't bother with this airline. Their low rates VERY quickly go away as soon as you want any bags, to pick a seat, even to get water during your flight. They literally charge for EVERYTHING. Additionally, I booked a package deal with them and yet was charged by the rental car company and the hotel in addition to the package price I already had paid. Additionally, it is obvious they don't clean their planes between flights. That's bad enough in a normal environment. But completely inexcusable as we deal with COVID. They should be ashamed of themselves. And no one should ever fly this airline. Additionally, no one responds to e-mails or online chats or picks up the customer service phone.

Original review: March 23, 2021

Provides excellent service at an incredible price point. No frills but cabins clean and personnel very helpful. They also give many discounts to our Military which is awesome. And I like that the airports they tend to use are less crowded than the major airports. Makes for a much less stressful experience.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Very affordable, than other airlines. They are pretty much on time and they are convenient to places I usually go to, and are very courteous, and helpful, when flying with Allegiant I feel worry free and will use them more and more in the future.

Original review: March 21, 2021

The seats are so close together it’s hard to get comfortable. It is also so hard to find both ends of their seat belts. They have the nicest flight attendants. They are so very good with children and their flights seem to be always on time.

Original review: March 20, 2021

Felt safe having our Grandchildren fly to visit us without someone over 18. They enjoyed the flight even though it was a no frills flight. The only thing to remember is to bring your own snacks and drink.

Original review: March 19, 2021

Social distancing was non existent. The price was great for the round trip flight but I felt as though I was in a cattle car. I guess I should not complain since I flew on the cheap and knew what I was getting into. The flight was uneventful and I arrived safely. The seats are very close together. On one leg of the trip comfort was fine, second leg of the trip, someone overweight sat next to me and spilled over into my seat. I will fly Allegiant again but realize that I am flying them for the great fare, not for comfort.

Original review: March 18, 2021

This airlines provides routes that large airlines don’t. Very competitive rates. Also, customer service is very helpful as well as flight crew. New planes offer a safer flight. Check in is fast and seat selection is good.

Original review: March 17, 2021

First time flyers with ALLEGIANT in 2020 at beginning of the lockdowns across the country in March 2020. From, ticket search to completion of journey....EXCELLENCE in every category. I have been a frequent flyer through many years and ALLEGIANT will be my go to airline. Please add more flights. Great job ALLEGIANT! AND THANK YOU.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

I booked a flight from Florida to Abe airport for me and my service animal. I had all the information that I always needed but upon boarding the woman says "You can board. We have no service animals on this flight". So I showed her that she was wrong and then she said well you still don't have the write papers the airline changed the policy on what you need (just 8 days ago). You can't get on unless you buy a bag for the dog (70.00) and pay 50.00 dollars for dog under the seat! She was so nasty and stern that she made me cry and embarrassed me that the other people on the plane could not believe it. They helped me come down. I fly to Florida and back 2 times a year never ever will I fly Allegiant again! I flew down on United Air and had no problem. So for now on I will fly down United!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2021

I booked airline tickets and a rental car through Allegiant. The night before I was to fly to Florida I fell and broke my ankle in 3 places. I spent the night in the emergency room and was operated on the following day. Spent the night in hospital after operation. My flight left at 10:45 a.m. and arrived in FL at 1:15 p.m. I was supposed to pickup my rental car (Alamo) at 1:30pm. Obviously I did not make the flight nor was I able to pickup my weeklong rental car ($300+). I called Allegiant in the morning before my flight was to take off to cancel the flights and rental car. I spoke with an unkind representative who explained she would issue a voucher for flights but I would forfeit the $300+ for the weeklong car rental because I did not notify them 24 hrs in advance...

When I broke my ankle the night before my flight at 9:00 p.m. it was already past the 24 hour deadline. Obviously I did not break my ankle intentionally! There was nothing the heartless agent could do. It wasn't like Alamo could not rent the vehicle sitting that time frame. So I lost $300+ because I broke my ankle after the 24 hr cancellation time frame. How is this right and how can a business like Allegiant and Alamo be so heartless. All I wanted was a voucher for the car not my $ back... Be afraid when booking with Allegiant as they have no heart or honor.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

Beware flying Allegiant Air to the smaller airports. I had booked a two week trip with car to Florida, leaving Portsmouth, NH flying into Sanford. A week before I was to leave they canceled the return trip. No other airline flies north from Sanford FL so I had to change airports from Orlando to Boston. The costs I've incurred so far is $83.00 change drop off locations for the car, bus ticket to Portsmouth, NH $24,00, Uber to my car at Pease $TBD. Then the customer service lady was very rude and I'm being nice. They don't keep their schedule and will strand you in FL...

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

Horrible customer service!!! I missed a flight due to longer wait times, and was asked to pay a $75 fee to get on the next flight. No big deal, life happens and I understand the fee. I went to make a phone call to my daughter to let her know what is going on, and was told to step to the side until I finish. Again, no big deal. Get everything together to stay another night. Go back to the counter to pay the fee and get on the next day's flight, guess what!? NO ONE WAS AT THE COUNTER!!!

My daughter calls customer service, was on hold for 1:30 hr for them to hang up on her because she raised her voice out of frustration. She was told there was no $75 fee, just the difference between the ticket prices and it would cost me $198 for a new ticket. That ticket wasn't even $198 on the website. It was $160. By the time my son in law picked me up from the airport (1hr later) there was still NO ONE at the counter to help me. My daughter ended up using a different airline (and that ticket was only $105) to purchase a ticket to get me home. And to be honest, the overall experience with United, was by far better than this disaster I dealt with.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

First of all if you have a problem and need to call Allegiant Air it is just about impossible. I did finally get through to the most caustic representative, named Stefan. He argued with me about everything. The final blow was when he told me too many spouses were taking advantage of their spouses service. Well a spouse does not get a permanent military ID card unless her husband or wife has served 20 to 30 years. As a spouse of a 30 year veteran whose husband served in Vietnam for a total of three years, Went on temporary duty for months at a time, got cancer from Agent Orange. Who do you think took care of our 4 children while he was away, took care of him from the cancer, and watched him die from Agent Orange. And I might add that he was drafted.

You think I was a worthless human being, not deserving of any credit for his service. I can see that Allegiant has no allegiance or respect for our military and its families. I asked Sir Stefan what he thought of a woman traveling alone with her small children, while her husband was in Iraq. Does she deserve nothing? Again I can see none of Allegiant has ever served this country. Allegiant Air should be ashamed and I would recommend all military not fly them. They do not deserve your hard earned money.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2020

I am a retired combat wounded service member rated at 100% permanently disabled. I have flown with my service animal countless times, but this time my service animal was denied! I had the FAA Animal and Agriculture Form completed by my vet along with the service animal documentation from two military doctors. At check in, two hours prior to boarding, the ticketing agent denied us because we didn’t have an Allegiant form. Mind you the federal aviation form is way more in-depth and what is required by all the airlines. This was going to be my first birthday home in 12yrs, but thanks to their horrible service after providing every form requested, I was denied boarding. I would never recommend flying with allegiant if you are military or have a service animal.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2020

We are thrilled that Allegiant (someone) brought non-stop flights from our home to our favorite beach although, so far, they do not fly when most of us want to go to the beach, which is winter. I have, however, managed to fly on Allegiant two different trips to the beach. My first flight, I was leaning heavily on a walker for minimal walking, wearing a Tens machine and on strong pain meds 2 weeks prior to rather extensive spinal surgery.

When I boarded the plane in a wheelchair, I was met by sweetly concerned attendants who recognized there was no way for me to negotiate the walkway all the way back to my assigned seat so kindly arranged a switch for me to the front. This was a happy, friendly crew on a new plane living in the lovely beach area where I was headed. I had no luggage as I was clearly unable to handle anything beyond my purse hung on the walker. I was traveling alone and had sent my things ahead with my husband who was driving. This crew arranged for a wheelchair to help me deplane. In spite of my condition and pain, this was the most pleasant flight I had ever experienced.

When it was time to come home, the attitude of the Allegiant people in VPS was entirely different. I had flown into and out of VPS via American several times previously and thought it was a very nice, easy and accommodating airport. Not with Allegiant. Now I may not have looked like an aged, injured or helpless individual, but you cannot see a person's spinal condition nor many other conditions by sight. There, I could not get a wheelchair nor anyone to help me at any point. Naturally, I raised a lot of quizzical eyes as I struggled to use each chair back to crawl with my arms from chair to chair to reach my seat. But crew did not notice or just didn't care.

When we arrived home, it was the same story. I just waited to let everyone else off before I struggled down the aisle so that I didn't make others wait on me. I like to never made it up the flybridge to the airport. Yet as I crept along, resting between steps, numerous crew members flew around me both ways without ever a query if I was alright or needed help or even an "excuse me".

Jump forward a year after surgery and recuperation, my husband and I both made the flight, neither needing any help of any kind. I'm up and semi athletic again. We boarded with my new carry-on luggage by London Fog which is 3 inches shorter and has 3 inches less linear measurement than my old American Tourister which has been on most every major and some small carriers, and around the world several times. It still has only two wheels which indicates it's age and has been innumerable places. They are the same width. The way the pockets attach smaller than the rest of the bag makes the whole bag hold much less but once the pockets have been used, they pooch out making the bag slightly fatter.

This new bag is as I said actually holds quite a bit less and has given me no trouble on large and small flights to and from overseas as well as TO VPS. Heaven forbid, I put shoes in the shoe pocket on that trip. No-one mentioned a problem with this smaller bag until I went to board the flight home from VPS. We paid for the baggage, both checked and carryon when we bought our tickets. But the woman at the VPS counter insisted my bag go in the same box that my old larger bag fit into easily. Because shoes made the pocket pooch, she made me check the bag and pay the baggage fee AGAIN. NO I could not then move the offending shoes and NO, she would not credit the amount already paid. For the reader who might not know, the fee at the desk is much higher than the fee paid at purchase of ticket. Therefore, it is much to their advantage to charge you AGAIN and at the higher rate!!

Since then, friends have made the same trip. Lo and behold, their bags, which flew Allegiant TO VPS just fine, suddenly did not meet standards and were (over) charged AGAIN. This suggests a pattern and an intentional trap to make extra money off their patrons...holding people hostage to their baggage practices.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I arrived at airport at 8pm on Thursday for a 938pm flight. At 925pm I was told incoming flight was delayed and we were now delayed until 1015pm. No further info was given until the incoming flight arrived at 1038pm when we were told we would leave at 1115pm. At 11pm we were told flight delayed until 12am with no explanation. At 11:50pm were told flight was cancelled. A maintenance guy walked by us and told there were mechanical issues. No info about reason for cancellation was given by ticket agents. When someone complained one of the Allegiant employees said, "It's not that bad. It's just another day". Really? We have been sitting in an airport for almost 4 hours with basically no info and continuous changes in flight departure times and someone has the nerve to say that?

Our flight was rescheduled for 12noon the next day and we're told to go home as we could not stay at airport overnight. Waiting for a ride to take us home for the night we get another Allegiant text changing flight to 1pm the next day. We finally left Concord after 1pm on Friday. On return flight we were to leave on Sunday at 6pm and after arriving at airport it was delayed until 6:30 and then again until 7:45. We finally arrived back in Concord after 10pm. When I called Allegiant Customer Care and spoke with Saban, I was apologized to and then told they could do nothing about it. Not even a partial voucher for inconvenience and good faith for 3 travelers who had never flown Allegiant before and will NEVER fly again. DO NOT FLY WITH THE AIRLINE!!!!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I hate this airline. They promise nonstop for bargain prices. Cancelled our trip at Christmas, delayed my flight in March 6 hrs and canceled my return trip Sun. October 11th. AWFUL. Do not use them!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

I recently booked a flight with Allegiant. I had a $50 voucher from a previous flight where they had us sit in an airport for 9 hours! I paid for the current flight with that small voucher and a lot more money. Then I decided to cancel our checked bags. I was told I would get a credit but never got it. Turns out if you use any part of a voucher to pay for a flight, they will never refund you any of the trip. So, I added an extra $60 to my flight for nothing. I don't get a refund and I don't get to check my bags. This is completely crooked. I wouldn't fly this airline again for anything. It is NOT worth it.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2020

Am a dialysis patient who has traveled with Allegiant many times since moving to Florida several years ago. My last flight was so troubling. I fly with a dialysis machine (a life sustaining medical device) that weighs approximately 90 pounds. I always call the airline and prepare them for this situation, but upon flying home from LCK I was charged a fee of $75.00 for the transport of my medical device. I not only have a problem with that but the "agent" who was to assist me was very out of line. When I tried to explain to her that a medical device should not be charged, she only disputed loudly that it was "overweight and inappropriately packed". Mind you this was not only a trip back from my destination Allegiant took me to but the first time I have ever been demanded to pay for transport my medical equipment. It is carried in the box it was delivered to me in and has handles.

All information about the machine is on the outside and it is the only way I can safely travel with it. As we disagreed, she became louder and more disrespectful. I asked her name and she said "Adina". I asked to please spell that and if I could have her employee number and she replied she could not spell it and no I could not have any associate number. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she stated she was the highest supervisor available. I could not believe this was how her staff was watching her "work". I have never been more embarrassed, humiliated and disrespected in my life. My mom, who was traveling with me, asked her to calm down and lower her voice, Adina’s' response was "well she started it so I can talk to her however I want." She was NOT going to let me on my flight without the fee.

Never ever have I been charged a fee and made to feel like such a burden as a consumer. There was a crowd of employees and other travelers looking on leaving me to feel like she was divulging my health information, (HIPPA) I try to be so vigilant in traveling because I know this is not an everyday situation, but to be treated the way I was was very uncalled for. I did come home and contact the FAA about the situation. as of today, no reply.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

I got to the front desk to check in my bags to receive my military discount an hour and a half before my flight. No one ever came to the counter. Me and 8 other people all missed the flight because of needed to check a bag. Sat on the customer service line for over a hour trying to get assistance. Once a representative came to the line he then proceeded to tell me per his records he show I am the only person that missed the flight. I then asked him to repeat his self for the other people standing here who also missed boarding the same flight. Then and only then did a manager come to the phone and tell me the best she can do is book me for the next flight which is 3 days away AT THE PRICE OF $75. So not only did they cause me to miss my flight but also charged me for another one. The staff was so unprofessional and didn’t care. Everyone had to purchase new flights. I will never book this airline again.

Allegiant Air Company Information