2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.26/5

Air Canada Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?

Original review: March 21, 2020

Staff has always been great, customer service goes above and beyond. They have good travel deals in Canada and the US. Have not had much in way of delays and difficulties while I had been travelling.

Original review: March 14, 2020

My driver had dropped me off at LAX and I realized I left my passport at home on the counter. Made arrangements for a friend to bring me my passport but because I had a copy the Canadian airline rep checked me in which one suitcase so as soon as my passport arrived I could get through security and onto the plane leaving for Portugal. I would not have made my flight if it wasn't for the kind woman who helped me.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

On arriving at our final destination my husband and I got busy gathering our things so we could disembark. We had been traveling with carry on for our trip but for this last flight we had volunteered to stow it as the plane was full. We collected our luggage and got a taxi but hadn't even reached our destination before my cell phone rang. It was one of the staff from Air Canada wanting to talk to my husband, they had found his tablet that he had set down by his legs on the plane. Being it was a new tablet we were so grateful they found it and contacted us before we even had a chance to realize it was missing. We are very grateful for the awesome service.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I was on a flight from Vancouver to Brisbane and suffering the after affects of Shingles and was in a lot of pain and discomfort. I want to thank the hostesses one I remember as Susan who came to my aid, I ended up having an injection on the plane which helped me to get through the next 8 hrs. I can't thank Susan and the crew enough for their wonderful care from wonderful people. I even got a hug from one of the beautiful hostesses and a gift of a broch with the Canadian maple leaf on it. I will always remember that flight on Air Canada for the fact I was in so much discomfort and the fact that they went to so much trouble to keep me comfortable. THANK YOU SO MUCH. Greg **

Original review: June 24, 2020

The borders are not open. You can’t fly from the US to Canada yet this crap of an airline won’t refund our tickets. I only fly this third rate carrier because they were the only option non stop to Toronto. Now they reroute a 4,5 hour flight to 23.5 hours over 2 days. But refuse to refund the tickets. And they actually say they have a customer care department. The only thing this airline offers is to show you how greedy they truly are.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I purchased a refundable round-trip ticket from Denver, Colorado to Osaka, Japan departing on July 31 from Denver to Osaka. I still intended to go until I was notified that my flight was cancelled on May 21, 2020. As per the email from Air Canada, it asked me to cancel the flight even though it was already cancelled by the airline. I did not do this because I wasn’t given an option for a full refund to my original payment method.

According to the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) which Air Canada is subject to in this case because the flight originates and ends in the United States, I’m legally entitled to a full refund on my original payment method. The email states that flights were cancelled because of COVID-19, yet Air Canada is still flying to Tokyo on the same dates July 31 - August 9 with flight numbers AC8111 and AC3.

I understand that it is the policy of Air Canada to offer a voucher, but policy does not supersede United States Law. I have called numerous times, filed a complaint with Air Canada and the US DOT, and Air Canada refuses to give me a refund. At this point, I will not vouch for this airline nor recommend to them to anyone because of how they are handling this situation.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Air Canada made a clerical error, and charged my credit card for two extra tickets to a different location when I was trying to get home on an emergency basis due to COVID. They have refused to refund the money in a timely manner - at this point, it has been 3 months since the charges were made. They have now stopped responding to my communications. They charged an additional $500 to my credit card and are not giving it back. If I had any other option, I would never choose Air Canada again.

Original review: May 23, 2020

Having flown on carriers worldwide on over a thousand flights, I thought US carriers were the worst of the lot. I’d never had the opportunity to fly Air Canada. The opportunity presented itself recently with a purchase of two round-trip tickets from Orlando to Shanghai. The flight was canceled by the airline. No refund was issued. Instead I received a voucher for the value of my tickets. The voucher is useless to me. So it’s $1200 wasted. After this experience with Air Canada’s unethical business practice, I would never consider flying with this airline. If the business doesn’t provide the service the customer paid for, the money should be refunded to the customer. It should not be vouchered for future service which may never be available. How do I know Air Canada will be around in six months. I thought United and Lufthansa were the world’s worst. Surprise — both take a back seat to Air Canada setting the new standard in the race to the bottom.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I booked a couple of return flights via Air Canada to which was cancelled by the airline understandably due to covid-19. When calling the airline to inquire if I will be receiving a refund etc. The woman I was speaking to was extremely rude. Said, "You get a voucher like everyone else" and that my cancellation insurance is invalid as the new underwriting states that due to covid a voucher is considered a refund, followed by extremely rude comments. I understand that there are MANY frustrated customers in the same boat as me, but it was the complete unprofessional behavior from the employees at Air Canada that has completely thrown me off of ever flying with them with the future.

Original review: May 13, 2020

I recently (may 6, 2020) travelled from iraq to edmonton. From iraq to toronto with other airlines it was a good experience despite the pandemic. Airports near empty, airplanes clearly sanitised and smelling of disinfectant, airlines implemented mandatory masks and staggered seating. Social distancing and personal safety not a worry. UNTIL AIR CANADA!!

Boarded in toronto, plane clearly not disinfected, or if so, with a VERY weak solution. No worries. Cleaned my seating area with hand sanitizer. Safely not touching anyone or anything, wearing my mask as they require, I waited for the passengers to get stowed away and seated. WTFork?? EVERY seat on the plane except 2 were occupied. I had two people between me and the window. 3 to the left of me, 3 in back of me, and 3 in front of me. I travelled for two days to get home from Iraq, and the biggest risk to me and the health of my family was between Toronto and Edmonton with AIR CANADA. Definitely NOT an airline I'd recommend. Ever. To anyone.

Air Canada Company Information