3.29/5

Looking for a travel site?

Air Canada

Looking for a travel site?

Air Canada Reviews

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I was on a flight from Vancouver to Brisbane and suffering the after affects of Shingles and was in a lot of pain and discomfort. I want to thank the hostesses one I remember as Susan who came to my aid, I ended up having an injection on the plane which helped me to get through the next 8 hrs. I can't thank Susan and the crew enough for their wonderful care from wonderful people. I even got a hug from one of the beautiful hostesses and a gift of a broch with the Canadian maple leaf on it. I will always remember that flight on Air Canada for the fact I was in so much discomfort and the fact that they went to so much trouble to keep me comfortable. THANK YOU SO MUCH. Greg **

Original review: May 12, 2019

Our flight from Rome back to the States was great. The service on the plane was great. However, my baggage did get messed up. Upon calling customer service and getting the issue researched. Air Canada sent me a new luggage to replace the damaged one. Great service overall all. I would fly with them again.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Our family travels exclusively with Air Canada. We have always had an amazing experience both on and off the aircraft. This time however was extra special. I was dealing with Maria and she went beyond the call of service and left me to tears when I was done our call. YOU PROVE TO ME TIME AND AGAIN NO MATTER WHAT - MY CHOICE WILL ALWAYS BE AIR CANADA! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! It's the thought of going beyond to help and serve your clientele. You have no idea how much this has meant to me.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I have flown with Air Canada all my life. I am Canadian but live in Thailand now for 35 years. I travel to Canada normally twice a year to see my 2 daughters and their 2 children. I am in Air Canada's top flying category.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I book flights very often and the last flight I booked I book a day I already had a flight for. I noticed the next morning and called customer service and they were so busy they weren’t accepting calls. By this time it’s about 1/2 hr past my 24 hr time frame to cancel for a refund. So it’s a credit now and I will use it up soon. But because they were too busy I got penalized. Just a little beef. But usually, I have good experiences with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Air Canada Vacations do not follow through with their holiday promises and they leave you high and dry. Given months of chances and numerous e-mails they refuse to do anything for me except give me money off my next trip. NEVER GONNA BE A NEXT ONE. They can jump out of one of their planes without a parachute. Beware of them, they will ruin your holiday and smile while doing it.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I had requested to Air Canada customer services a refund charge waiver for my wife ticket which she had booked through a local travel agent. I had submitted all medical documents from the hospital, however, I had received a response from Air Canada representative who informed me about that we are not eligible for waiver on medical grounds and on the top of that agent advised that ticket is nonrefundable and only valid for future travel credit, which was wrong information. I replied with fare rule and provided the eligibility of refund with refund charge of CAD300.00. I added my comment since Air Canada provided false information they should consider to offer refund with waiver. Agent replied back and advised she has requested a refund in my behalf and refund department will process this refund.

Once ticket was refunded I contact refund department the exact amount and I was told that refund was processed with refund charge and advised me to go back to Customer service for further action. They advised me to use the same complaint number, however, when I replied to the same email which had confirmed refund, they advised me to open a new case.

I submit another request to customer service and instead of admitting their mistake they advised me to reach out to travel agent as they weren't supposed to be contacted since it was a third party reservation. I asked them if it was a third party why did they processed refund with refund charge CAD300.00 without informing me and without my acceptance and asked them to provide a live person contact and provide me cell number to call me back but since then I haven't heard anything. When I contact Air Canada through Twitter they asked to me reach out through email and no further assistance offered. It seems if someone from Air Canada made mistake then they are covered by their team. There is no external phone contact and none is there to reach out for resolution.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

In September we had flew from Honolulu to Vancouver. Since my wife cannot sleep sitting straight up and we had a night flight, we bought ourselves two business class tickets. Normally this flight is with a Boeing 737 max, but due to unsafety of this plane, we had to fly with Omni air. We were seated in the front row of this business class. There the problems arose. The space between our seats and the wall in front of us was so small I could not set my feet straight forward. Also our chairs could not go backward in a more comfortable position. The head purser made her apologizes immediately and gave us the address where to complain. This I did and as a reaction we got a discount of CAD 150 whereas we paid more than €1600 for this flight. So they expect us to fly with Air Canada again, spent money on this worthless company to get the discount. No refund is possible.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

This airport is the worst. It looks shiny and new but is filled with employees who are way too relaxed, don’t care, and have a “waiting to retire attitude”. Jacob, a front line Manager at Air Canada is a perfect example of someone who clearly doesn’t care about his job. This is a person who is suppose to be a leader and help you but instead has the monotone attitude that should never be customer facing. I could not imagine having someone so uninspiring be a front facing representative of my company. I guess airlines hire bad people knowing you don’t have a choice and it doesn’t matter.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

My wife and I booked two return Premium Economy flights Dublin-Vancouver. Cost was c. Can$ 4,500. The motor on one of our adjoining seats did not work. Neither audio nor visual worked for either of us. Stewart on outgoing flight informed us that it was a plane from Air Portugal (TAP) although livery was Air Canada. He handed us an official complaint form and he seemed to be handing out many of them. Plane was old and when we called Air Canada in Vancouver we were assured that we would be on a different plane on the return journey, so we did not change our seats. As it turned out it was the same plane with the very same problems.

We found Air Canada very difficult to contact and very evasive both on phone and Internet. While they acknowledge all our complaints as being genuine and true they are only offering us $400 Can. In total in the form of a voucher to be used solely on Air Canada. We live in Ireland and are 66 and 72 years old. We do not have any plans to fly to Canada or use AC in the future. We intimated that we did not necessarily need a cash refund if we could receive a voucher to be used in Europe on one of their Alliance airlines. Because it is would not be fair to other aggrieved passengers they could not accommodate us. End of. We paid around $ 2,400 Can. over and above economy class. What about fairness towards us? We were sold a pup and they knew it. Because we are EU citizens we feel that our rights are diminished.

Air Canada Company Information