2.6/5 (41 ratings)

About Air Canada

Air Canada Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

If you are traveling with any physical or medical challenges please my advice to you chose Air Canada. I just came back from BC January 8. With 2 stops on my way back and a direct flight from Regina to Vancouver all I can say is thanks to all Air Canada staff. They are very professional, caring, respectful to self and customers, kind, polite, supportive, & empathetic. They go far and beyond all their means to accommodate your needs. I had a small issue with my electric wheel chair. Air canada employees spent over 45 minutes to solve the problem and I was able to use it again. I give the baggage department flying flags for their outstanding service. They got my electric W/Chair on every stop from the baggage for me to use on every stop. I appreciate all the stretching helping hands that were offered to me when I needed them. I will never fly with any other airlines other than Air Canada. Much appreciated. Thank you

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

The ladies at the check-in at Fort Lauderdale airport helped us immensely. I would like to thank LeeAnn for her very professional and remarkable advice with our boarding difficulties. In this day and age you hear so many negative comments. We have nothing but positive experiences.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Present to myself! This is the best thing I ever did for myself. This is not a holiday I’m beginning, it’s a mental health intervention. As I settled into my signature class seat I felt the cloud lifting and my old self starting to emerge. My confidence, ideas, hope and all sorts of things came to mind. They serve a gourmet meal in Signature Class and I don’t even know (in-spite of my chef training) how good it really is…but for me it is golden…. The first meal in 1 1/2 years I didn’t have to shop for, chop for, cook for, serve for and clean up after!!! It was served to me with a smile and I feel so grateful it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you all Air Canada personnel. Additionally: passengers are stressed with new protocols and these flight attendants are also stressed…but in true professional style they rise to the occasion. That’s the definition of customer service. Thank you Flight AC810 to Lisbon September 9, 2021.

Original review: March 18, 2021

Great airline and I would do business with them in the future. Great people and an overall pleasant experience. Wish I could fly with them everyday every year. Friendly pilots and stewardess that give the way of flying a comfortable ride in the sky.

Original review: March 17, 2021

And the staff are wonderful. They're very helpful. Great service. Very clean. Good to children. They greet you as you enter then give the child something to play with and when my card didn't work on the airline they gave my child something to eat.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I was flying for work. Our company spends roughly 20,000 a month on Air Canada. We are now switching to West Jet. After a two hour delay they kept passengers in the plane for 4 hours until 2 am. Then provided no options of accommodation and very vague mentions of when flights would be rebooked. Remarkably horrible to leave this many people stranded sleeping on the floor at 2am. I have flown a lot, all over the world, and this is by far the worst I have ever seen a company treat their customers.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

"Dear Mr. **, We have received your email, and we are sorry to learn about your continued dissatisfaction with our response to your baggage claim. We want to assure you that we have considered all aspects that apply to your claim. We’re sorry, but we are unable to offer further compensation. I have fully reviewed the concerns you outlined. I regret there is nothing further I can add by way of explanation. Our position remains the same as stated in my previous correspondence. While you may disagree with our position, Mr.**, this will be our final correspondence on this issue. Our previous correspondence has provided our explanations. Continuing to exchange emails will not alter our position."

Flyers beware DO NOT FLY WITH Air Canada!! ^^^^ Is the response I received to AIR CANADA destroying my $500 luggage. They have provided horrible customer service. They are not willing to compensate in anyway for completely destroying my property. I will never fly again with them. Not only have they handled this situation disgustingly, their customer service overall is horrible. They do not value their guests, and I highly recommend finding an airline that values their guests and does not destroy your property and do nothing to compensate you.

I have been a customer of AIR CANADA’s for years and have had multiple incidents of horrible customer service that I have never complained about, but this is an all time low… They destroyed my luggage and are taking no responsibility. I am so disappointed and disgusted. Please I urge anyone looking to fly do not fly with air canada, if something goes wrong which it normally does with this company they do not care about their customers and will not compensate if they damage your property or provide bad service. Terrible company!!! Flyers beware. DO NOT FLY WITH AIR CANADA!!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

They lost my luggage. It may get to me today. They left it at departure city. They offered only 1 service on the 6 hour flight. I was supposed to have a wheelchair at destination but not one showed up. Very painful walk thru airport with signs making it hard to get to baggage area.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

I am a diabetic. On my flight from Toronto to Vienna, in Sept 2021 I was informed that my diabetic meal did not make it on board. I was not offered any alternative, just the comment: "Sorry, we didn't load your meal." Flight 1 -HUNGRY! On my flight back on Oct 12, I was offered a "diabetic meal", containing pasta (main course), bread etc. I need to inform AC that pasta is not recommended for diabetics, maybe consult a dietician for advise.

Flight 2 -HUNGRY! On top of that they lost one piece of luggage on our arrival in Toronto. We were told: "The luggage made it to Toronto (it was unloaded) but we cannot find it". It was delivered after 10 days at 5:30am with no advanced notice. Anyway, at least they found it! We filed two formal complaints for the meal and the luggage. $100 dollars off for the meal and 20% off the next booking for the luggage. Measly.... When we booked out next trip we found out that the two discounts were not recognized by the booking website. THANK YOU, AC!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

Flying with Air Canada and their takeover of Aeroplan is a TERRIBLE experience. They can automatically makes changes to your itinerary. Then you have to confirm the changes THEY made by calling them. This ends up being 3+ hour on hold on the phone. They discriminate people that have onboard pets. If AC knows anything about customer service, why not call you instead - seems to me this would be so much more efficient. I will never fly with them again.

Air Canada Company Information