1.21/5
Based on 59 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: May 11, 2018

342 Air Canada Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 11, 2018

I recently flew on an Air Canada business class ticket, round-trip from Washington DC to Mumbai, India (via Toronto). I had the worst experience with my baggage that I have ever had on any trip in my life (and I’m a road warrior that frequently travels to India for work). First off, amazingly enough, Air Canada lost my bags on BOTH directions of the flight! And on the outbound leg, I did not get my bags until nearly 72 hours after I had landed!! It certainly takes a lot of creativity and hard work to lose two checked bags in both directions – maybe I’m supposed to pay extra to make sure my bags arrive when I do?!

Losing the bags on the outbound leg was particularly frustrating and annoying as I was only in India for 10 days for work and was supposed to travel the next day to a couple of other cities in India. So, I had to scramble to buy clothes, toiletries, a suitcase, etc for my domestic travel and basically lost the better part of a day dealing with this hassle and inconvenience.

Then, to add salt in the wounds, Air Canada’s baggage resolution center has rejected the majority of the receipts I submitted for reimbursement, including the suitcase I had to purchase for my 3-day domestic trip that morning. Maybe they think I should have stuffed my underwear, socks, shirts and toiletries into my Dell computer bag? Or maybe they think I should have simply worn the same shirt, underwear and socks for 3 days in the Indian heat? They also rejected several of my receipts for clothes because they were not detailed enough (I guess the person who created their policies has never gone shopping in tiny stores in a 3rd-world country!).

It is clear that Air Canada’s lost baggage policies are nonsensical and that the department lack common sense as well as any sense of customer service. This was an unimaginable experience given what I was expecting, especially in business class! Not only did I have to spend hours dealing with my lost bags in Mumbai, I then have had to spend hours dealing with Air Canada to at least get some reimbursement of my expenses! If you do travel Air Canada in the future, my recommendation is to NOT check in ANY bags since my experience is that the probability that your bags will arrive in your destination when you do is around zero.

Original review: May 8, 2018

My husband, grandson and myself were traveling from Toronto to Tampa. Our flight was delayed just over an hour which isn't a big deal as everytime I have gone with Air Canada it's delayed. When we were able to put our trays down for drinks and food I noticed garbage in the pouch in front of our seat and our tray were dirty and sticky. I asked the flight attendant for something to wash it up. She told me to go to the bathroom and get a wet paper towel and clean it. RUDE. When I put in a complaint I received an email that they passed it on to another department which I haven't heard from. This was Feb 6 2018. Absolutely disgusting, I will never fly with Air Canada again.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2018

After e-mail communication, discussing my missed flight due to flight delays for many reasons. De-icing, line up of planes to get to gate, waiting to be towed in, extra long wait through security line up for USA flight, and 40 min walk from gate to security, the 1 hr 10 min connection time was not enough. They got us on a later flight to our destination in Miami, which arrived too late for our cruise embarkation. We had to stay over night in Miami as luggage was delayed 24 hrs. This delay cost us lots financially. Air Canada, refused to accept any accountability for delay but did give me 15% discount off 4 pax tickets. I'm disappointed at the way this was handled. There was no one we could talk to in person, only email.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I had to write this review for Air Canada to know how bad their company is. My flight was rescheduled due to weather which was understandable. But staff were rude, unprofessional. Not helping. I was stuck at Pearson International Airport from a Friday to Sunday. When I threatened to call the newspapers they found me a flight out to my destination. When I got to my destination LaGuardia. They didn’t have my bags. The Canadian call centre number is not working due to high call volumes and the Indian call centres don’t know how to locate my bags. I've had to miss an international connection twice 'cause of my lost bags. Would not recommend Air Canada to anyone.

Resolution response: March 16, 2018

I just wrote about being assigned the worst seats on flights between Vancouver and Kamloops. When the Air Canada agent called me back, he didn't hesitate before offering to move me to any other seats that were open, and there were a number to choose from. I chose new seats and the agent emailed me my revised itinerary immediately. Thank you, Air Canada.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Clearly, Air Canada has no use for Aeroplan anymore. I booked return flights between Vancouver and Kamloops, which is about 3 1/2 hours by car and 55 minutes by plane. It's still costing me $118 for fees/taxes, but I want to use up my miles while I can. I just went online to check the flight status for tomorrow's flight to Kamloops and see that I have been assigned the very worst seat on the aircraft (according to SeatGuru), and the 2nd worst seat on the return flight. So I chose the "change seats" option and waited for 20 minutes while the hamster wheel spun in circle. I canceled and tried again. Same thing. So I called them instead and am told that I will get a call back between 36 and 53 minutes. Can't wait!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?

Original review: March 15, 2018

We are not a big fan of Air Canada for a while now and they have not changed our opinion of them. We had purchased our tickets in October for our trip to Mexico in March. We booked with two juvenile exchange students and told Air Canada we were traveling together. The trip down was not too bad even though they charged us $25 each per checked bag. They also did not have us seated together like most carriers try to do. We could not get our seats before arriving to the airport so had to wait until there to find out where we would be sitting. When we got to the desk they only gave my husband and I a gate number and the one juvenile who ended up flying with us a seat number. When we asked we were told they do not do the seats there that we have to wait until 10 minutes before departure to get assigned seats.

They did not explain that we were on standby and might not get a seat even though we had booked 5 months ahead of time and that we were the only two that we could see was put on standby. They also waited until we were out of sight before placing the big yellow standby ribbon on our luggage. Luckily we got seats considering the young person traveling with us would have lost her seat also for she would not have known what to do once at the destination airport. No one told us we were on standby and might not get a seat until the last minute and we should never have been placed on standby where our tickets had been purchased so far in advance. Had to take a bus out to load on the aircraft and lo and behold there is my husband's luggage sitting there with personnel around it I guess waiting to see if he made it onto the plane.

We purchased food on the plane where it was over 4-hour flight and it was not very good food. So besides ending up costing us $150 more just for our luggage and scared we would not get a seat we were very disappointed in Air Canada and will travel West Jet like we usually do. They are such a better company then Air Canada any day of the week.

Original review: March 15, 2018

Air Canada is a terrible airline. I paid over 250,000 points for a first class flight from Ottawa > Florida (yes, you read that right 250,000 points!). When I got to airport nearly 1 hour before my flight (no luggage to check ticket in hand) I was told they gave my seat away. WTF??? Then they acted like they were doing me a favor by jamming me into the very back of the plane middle seat. I was jammed between two hyper kids. Is this what I paid 250,000 points for?? How is this possible? It's been nearly a month and they have yet to deal with this. I've followed up countless times. This is not fair. It's insane what they are getting away with. I'm creating a website so people will be able to share videos, social media content and more so people can learn what to expect from the worst airline in our country. Air Canada is a nightmare.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2018

I would like to tell you about our vacation in the USA in summer 2017: It was a very nice trip in the States. We started in Las Vegas and made this famous round trip by car: Los Angeles, by Highway 1 to San Francisco, to the Yosemite Park and Mammoth Lakes, through the Death Valley and of course to the Grand Canyon and back to Las Vegas, again. However, we had very negative experiences with Air Canada, unfortunately: we started in Frankfurt (Germany) and flew with Lufthansa to Montreal and from there to Las Vegas with Air Canada Rouge: this flight was ok, except a short delay. But our return flight was really a disaster, unfortunately: our planned departure was on August 22nd at 12:10 pm in Las Vegas with Air Canada Rouge to Toronto, planned arrival at 7:22 pm. Their planned departure at around 9:40 pm with Air Canada to Frankfurt.

In fact, the start was repeatedly delayed. Our first info was 2 hours delay, then 4 hours, but finally the start in Las Vegas was over 5 hours later. We got vouchers at the airport for $30 per person, but no other help or support or information. They just said we're getting more information in Toronto. The hotline on the phone could not help, either. We wanted to change our flight, but that wasn't possible in Las Vegas. Later, in Toronto - there was chaos at the airport counter of course. We waited at the counter for around 2 hours, but then we could insist changing our return flight to Frankfurt with Lufthansa instead of Air Canada.

After that, we were finally taken to an ugly, dirty hotel at around half past 1:00 at night, which Air Canada had reserved for us, with a dirty and broken bus. It was really disgusting. In the bathroom, I saw a big black beetle running out of a hole in the wall behind the mirror. We haven't slept much. Breakfast was ok. We had Air Canada's vouchers for lunch, but no more time for lunch. We could talk to the hotel staff and got a lunch package for to-go. At the end: we arrived around 23 hours later than planned in Frankfurt. Our cheaply booked train ticket was also invalid and we had to buy new train tickets in Germany for three times the fare. And only 2 days later we had to work again with jetlag and not enough sleep and regeneration after this “horrible” flight experiences.

Unfortunately, we were extremely disappointed by Air Canada. Yes, sure, a plane can be damaged. Yes, there may be delays due to maintenance. And of course, we got one night in Toronto paid by Air Canada. But the unfriendly tone of service, miserable customer relations, missing or incorrect information and lack of goodwill have been the most disappointing factors. We did not get any money back, although we were proven to have had much more costs that were clearly caused by Air Canada. The only offer was a 15% discount voucher for the next flight with Air Canada. Thank you, but we'll pass.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

Meal Service sucks. I prepaid $15.90 after 50% discounted price (total $31) for both flights Montreal-Vancouver then Vancouver-Toronto on AIRCANADA.COM. While on booking grand total was $832. But on flight from Montreal-Vancouver they offered me just $7 worth snacks and showed me the menu what I can get in $7 (It's very cheap, cheap behavior). When I asked them to check their record then they after 20 mins they gave me a half meal tray and said they will bring me bread roll separate which never came. On flight Vancouver-Toronto they even didn't provide me food because they didn't have any record. Instead they tried to sell me again.

Air Canada's onboard crew are like Street Hawkers who just focus on selling items with credit cards, they don't care if you have pre-paid your meal. They don't care. Suggestions while traveling Air Canada: - Never buy online meal vouchers in advance, Never Buy discounted meal offers from Air Canada while booking tickets online INSTEAD use your credit card onboard whatever you want to eat. OR take your own food with you. Traveling Date Feb 18, 2018 - Feb 20, 2018. Economy Class. Meal - Prepaid. Seats - Prepaid. Luggage - Carry on (No Fee).

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I avoid flying Air Canada like the plague, yet on my last trip from Calgary to Los Angeles, it was unavoidable. The flight was 2 hours late boarding, then once we were on the plane, we sat on the tarmac for another 1 hour delay. Upon returning to Calgary from Los Angeles, our flight was again delayed by an hour. Of course after each delayed flight they cheerfully smiled and said “fly again soon with us!” as we arrived 3 hours past schedule. I absolutely hate Air Canada, I will pay more to fly anything from now on.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

How is it possible that Air Canada and Calgary airport are surprised by the snow on the 8 Feb. 2 hours waiting to get de iced, then we are out of fuel and need to return to terminal and go through the whole process again! Seriously - snow in Calgary and Canada, is this a new thing now?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

Flying Air Canada on Feb. 4th at 5pm, a stewardess named Jackilou on flight AC7736. A customer on seat 21C was refused medical attention, she advised the stewardess that she had a medical issue, the stewardess who has no medical doctor training refused a customer medical assistance and advised customer she can wait until the pilot called personnel to allow her medication intake. The customer advised she cannot wait, and the stewardess made a medical decision for the client without advising a medical doctor or EMS on the situation, and wouldn't let her off the grounded delayed plane. This is illegal. They do not have the authority to refuse a customer's medication when on a delayed flight that hasn't taken off yet, and will not be within 1 hrs.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

We booked ticket for 23 month old. We got a separate seat for him as we can travel comfortably. While checking in at the airport the Air Canada employee tells us that we need to have a full car seat otherwise we cannot board a flight. All other employees were not sure about it and we never heard of any such incidence. We had our relatives who have travelled with 1 year old, 6 months old, without any car seat. If it was required it was provided by the airlines itself. We had to rush to nearby Walmart.

She wanted full car seat and it has to be carried by us all the time, while changing fights, while waiting. We got so tired by the time we reached our destination. It took us about 5 days to get over dehydration and tiredness because of the experience. We also missed our connecting flight because of delay because of weather. We were not offered any food coupons. The experience was way worse than I am able to explain. I want Air Canada to have proper written regulations whether car seat is required and if required what age group and who is suppose to provide it and how to carry it along. And all this information be easily available for agents and customers.

On their website. My biggest issue with the employee was not even once she tried to resolve it without causing us harassment. She never took the onus of this problem on airline as if she knew that customers' hassle is not airlines issue and there is nothing we can do. I felt so helpless as if there is no accountability of such an experience.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Our flight was cancelled last minute at the gate and were told to go to the customer service desk. However, upon arriving there, we were told to just go retrieve our luggage because the agents would not be able to help us and that we would have to call their customer service line to reschedule our flight. We were then given a card with a phone # to call to book another flight and to also book a hotel at a discount. However, upon calling the phone agent, we were told that because the cancellation was not their fault, they could not provide accommodations, even at a discount. We were also told that there would not be another direct flight out until 2 days later, although upon checking the internet, we saw that there were many other direct flights for the next day, with other airlines.

The phone agent then told us that they could not book us a flight with another airline, and that we would have to go back to the airport and speak to the desk agent. All the agents gave us different information and seemed clueless, uncaring, and incapable! Because of this airline's stupidity, we all lost out on a day's pay and had to drive down from Toronto to Newark so that we wouldn't miss out on another day's pay. Upon arriving back home, we found out that a friend also went through a similar experience previously with this airline. NEVER take AIR CANADA!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

On Friday, September 1st, I purchased a last minute ticket from Air Canada as I received that call no-one ever wants to get: "Your dad may not make it through the night". Unfortunately as it was last minute the only seat left was a business class ticket, and it wasn't cheap (especially on a student's bill). Needless to say, it was imperative I get home. Ticket purchased from Newark to Toronto for 9:30 pm but to my surprise I'd been bumped to the 6:30 flight.

I boarded the airplane, buckled up and once everyone was on board, a AC employee came to my seat, asked for my ticket and announced that I had purchased a fraudulent ticket (he was the same person who checked me in). He announced this not quietly, or discretely, but proudly as if he'd caught a thief. Knowing that this was an error, I regretfully got off the plane, embarrassed but determined to resolve this quickly. Walking down the gangplank I asked him what I should do, or who to talk to and he ignored me. At the gate, he walked off, leaving me there. No words. I went to the AC desk and asked another employee to help me out and he said he was too busy. There was no-one at the desk, just me.

I asked for a manager and he said, "They're around here somewhere". Running around the terminal I finally found a group of managers at another gate. I told them what happened and just then the person who ejected me from the flight appeared. I pointed him out to the managers and they shook their heads and stated there was nothing they could do. The person who embarrassed me refused to give me his name, and started screaming like a child saying something about "it was his right to do what he did, and not have to give his name".

The whole terminal was staring. My flight is now leaving. On inspection, the manager realized that due to the fact that I paid with my visa card, it was policy to show the card at check-in to verify (not that my passport was enough). Because of this policy, and this employees inability to simply ask for my card to verify my identity, I flew home on the 9:30 flight. My father's last lucid moments were Friday evening at 9:30. He fell into a coma and passed soon after. I never received an apology from anyone personally, though I did receive a email offering 15% discount on my next flight. I responded to the email asking to talk to someone and I have never been contacted again. Air Canada, 2007 company of the year.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I don't know how many times this happened. Too many to remember; my flight was delayed for 2 hours without apparent reason. I was certain to miss my connection and be stranded half-way towards my destination. There was no agent at the gate, nor any local customer service. I called customer service. I needed to arrange ground transportation because it was imperative for me to be there early in the morning. The agent was more than useless; could not find an alternate flight, could not guarantee compensation, could not even provide me with an estimate of the refund I would obtain for not taking the second leg of my trip.

Further, she would not provide me her name and/or agent number; in other words, a deliberate lack of responsibility and accountability. She pointed me towards a web portal to discuss refund and compensation. I have to do this by e-mail! How long is this going to take? What if I'm unsatisfied with the refund? Unfortunately, this is typical behavior from Air Canada. I've flown airlines in 3rd world countries and they had better service. I often said I would never fly them again. The difficulty is that they have a quasi-monopoly, especially in the East. I think this time is for real though.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

We had one connection in Montreal after 14 hours fly from Shanghai to Newark, NJ on Dec. 3, 2017. When we finished passport control, and rushed to the gate, the airlines announced a no time estimated delay to our next destination EWR without any reason. I had to go to work next morning, got home almost 2 am. The flight supposed to land in EWR at 9:31 pm. Will never take it again.

Resolution response: March 24, 2018

Air Canada sent me check to cover suitcase. Took forever but is now resolved.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017 We flew from Chicago, IL to Copenhagen, Denmark in August. Slight damage to NEW suitcase on way there... MAJOR damage to suitcase on Aug 14 upon return. I have filled out forms on Aug 16 (2 days after return). I have called, sent emails, photos with last response from Air Canada on Oct 8, 2017 as follows:

"We are sorry we are taking longer than normal to get back to our customers. We have received your initial message and a representative will respond to you as quickly as we can.We appreciate your patience and understanding as we handle our files in date order received. Sincerely, Air Canada Baggage Claims." No further response from them since. They are terrible airline for Customer service. NEVER EVER use them again

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I traveled in Air Canada from Philadelphia to Toronto in Air Canada flight 7535 on 15th Nov. When I arrived in Toronto my luggage was missing and after three days I get hold of my luggage and both my suitcases was locked but when I received them there was no lock. They were opened and I saw some of my stuff missing too. It was really a bad experience as we spend thousands of dollars for traveling and we got these **!!! So disappointed. Will never recommend anyone to flight with Air Canada.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I had the misfortune to travel from Chicago to Toronto on Air Canada Flight Oct 21st, not only did they cancel the flight 2 hours before departure due to lack of crew but was also charged $16,75 and no one can tell me what the charge is for. The ticket number corresponding to the charge is no longer in their system and I am required to fill out a form to request a refund, was told it will take 6-8 weeks for the charges to be reversed, if it is determined that Air Canada charged me in error. I try very hard not to flight on Air Canada, the service is terrible, the people are unfriendly and customer service is non existence. I will pay more to travel with another airline, but unfortunately there are times when I am unable to. Air Canada get a grip, you may follow the inline with Sears Canada if you don't start treating your customers "you pay cheque" with respect. HATE AIR CANADA.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

Was on flight ac 240 first. Found out after booking this couple months ago that they put me and my gf in different seats. When I went to ask about it they were rude and not very helpful. Then when I was getting ready to load my ticket did not tell me what section I was in and again I asked and again had to deal with a person being rude to me. I think their service sucked and people should be accountable for their actions aka fired. If you don't enjoy your job, get another one. Besides those people not working on the plane, everything else was good.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Closed the check-in gate at a very small airport... The three employees went to assist 4 passengers for 45 minutes to get on the flight while 3 other passengers were told they couldn't help them make the flight!!! Seriously so stupid.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I was on flight 8106 coming back to Houston, Texas from Calgary on 9/18/17. I was in the very last row and seat. I left a wallet on the floor under my seat. I was THE VERY LAST person off the plane. The only people behind me were the flight attendants. I left my wallet on the floor because mid-flight the attendants moved a man to sit next to my empty seat while I was sleeping, and I couldn't get to my bag to put my wallet up without disturbing him/touching his leg. So I set my wallet on the floor. I know it was there. I even have my debit card history showing I used it in-flight to purchase wifi. I was the last one off the plane, so no one could have picked it up.

I have called the lost and found, and even called the ticket agent at the Houston Air Canada counter. No one has turned it in. I know the wallet was there. So either the cleaners didn't check under the seats (everyone at Air Canada keeps insisting they do check under them), someone was negligent and just threw the wallet to the side without turning it in, or there is a thief working on the cleaning crew. There is one thing I cannot stand with a company and that is theft/dishonesty. If I cannot trust a company, I will not utilize their services. I had money, and several gift cards in my wallet. All I wanted back was my credit cards and my driver's license so I can assure no one steals my identity. I am upset about the unprofessional service of the cleaning crew. This would have been rated 5 stars if it wasn't for this situation. If you find something that isn't yours, turn it in. They seriously need to investigate their cleaning crew in the Houston area.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

On August 25, 2017 I flew out of Halifax International Airport at approximately 2345 on a direct flight to London Heathrow Airport arriving on August 26, 2017 around 0830. Upon clearing customs I arrived at the designated baggage carousel to discover that my single Orange Air Canada brand bag had not arrived. I proceeded right away to the delayed baggage area and spoke to the baggage representative who was helpful. She had me fill out the form where I was assigned the number that would come to haunt me for the remainder of my time on vacation **. The lady at the counter advised me that the luggage was not scanned onto the flight so it HAD to be in Halifax. I agreed with this as it was a direct flight. I provided the lady at the baggage counter the address at the hotel I was staying at and the fact I was only in London for 2 nights.

Later that day I phoned and was advised I must wait at least 24 hours for them to locate my bag and someone would phone. On the 27th I checked online and seen that it said my bag location was still pending. I called back and was informed the same. Again in the evening I phoned and was provided this same information. I updated them that I was leaving London and was going to Fort William, Scotland and supplied them with the address of my hotel there. Upon arrival in Fort William on the 28th I called the Air Canada baggage people who advised that they had a possible match in Halifax (surprise) and that the match was discovered on the 26th (the same day I arrived and the bag was delayed). Why was I not called about the match? Why, when I phoned in on the 27th, was I not told about the match?

I went through the contents of the bag with the phone agent and confirmed that it was mine right down to the fact that there was an unopened grey box of condoms. I explained to the lady that was most certainly my bag and that I was leaving the next morning to travel to Mallaig, Scotland and from there I was travelling to Portree, Scotland to hike for 3 days. I provided the address for the hotel I was staying in there as well. It was explained that the closest airport was in Inverness to both Mallaig and Portree. Upon my arrival in Mallaig on the 29th I again called and yet again was asked to confirm the contents of my bag. It was explained to the worker I had already confirmed that was my bag and that the contents were still the same. I was placed on hold while they called the Halifax Airport.

The worker came back, advised that Halifax had confirmed they had put the bag on a flight to Inverness already and from there the bag would be delivered to me in my hotel in Portree. The worker assured me I would get my bag in Portree. I confirmed they had the proper hotel in Portree. On the 30th I phoned and just confirmed that everything was on track as I realized that the bag would likely need to be taxied to Portree as it is located on the Isle of Skye. On the 31st I phoned and was advised that it appeared they had a "match" for my bag in Halifax. At this point I was beyond fed up and I requested to speak to a supervisor after being told no. Numerous times I was assured a supervisor would phone me between 2-4 hours. I sat around waiting for said call as cell service in the Scottish Highlands is highly suspect.

After 5 hours of waiting I finally called back and requested to speak with a supervisor. After numerous attempts to stonewall me I was finally put on the phone with supervisor Damien (I strongly suspect not his real name given he was in India). Damien refused to provide me with his employee ID number. Damien advised me that upon his review of the notes (after literally telling me there were no notes) that he thinks that my bag was sent to the Central Baggage Depository in Montreal as there was not a confirmed match. Damien stated that is where they send bags after 5 days if no one claims them. I had Damien admit by reading his notes that they found a match on the 26th and I confirmed it on the 28th 2 days after the bag was supposed to arrive. Damien was able to read back all the items from the notes that I confirmed as being mine.

Damien was unable to tell me why I was told that my bag was placed on a plane to Inverness and why I was promised I would have my bag while awaiting in Portree. Damien assured me that he would "escalate" the matter and would find out where my bag was. On the 1st of September I phoned back and spoke to Phoebe who advised me that according to the notes Damien had made he did nothing to aid in my search for the bag. Phoebe came right out and told me she has no "idea" why I was told that my bag was ever in Inverness nor could she tell me how a confirmed bag could "possibly" end up in Montreal. At least Phoebe was honest in saying that they messed up and that I most certainly should have had my bag already.

I have the names of all the workers I have spoken to from the call center. I have now relocated to Glasgow and from here am heading to NS for 12 days. This ordeal has cost me endless hours on the phone and taken away my ability to enjoy my vacation as I have had to be in areas where I can get cell coverage. I have had to forego and miss out on parts of my vacation. I would like my bag located right away. I am no longer dealing with your inept, rude and highly unprofessional Call Center in India. I would like a phone call at ** to discuss this matter further. I have also reached out to CBC to make them aware of the deceit and poor customer service that is being provided in the name of your company.

On Monday September 4th I arrived back in Canada via Halifax airport. I went to the Air Canada Baggage Office and relayed the above information and was advised by the worker they indeed did have my bag. He recalled it sitting in Halifax for 8 days. Confirming my above suspicion that the call center in India never did do anything about my bag. That I was lied to by Air Canada and my bag was never sent to Inverness. The worker confirmed for me that they sent my bag to Montreal to LZ the central baggage area on September 1, 2017. I was assured they would expedite the bag back to me and I would have it in a day or two max. I provided them my phone number yet again so I could update them where I was as I was and am still travelling. I received no call from anyone on Wednesday the 6th. I called the call center and after 4 hours on hold and in conversation I was told they could not help me and my file was closed and I was hung up on.

I drove 80 kms to the Halifax airport and again spoke to the Air Canada Baggage office I spoke to Sandra **. She was called Sandy by her fellow employees. Sandra called LZ left a couple messages before finally getting a hold of someone and speaking to them. She promised me that she would call me that day and let me know the results. I did not receive a phone call. On the Thursday the 7th I again drove back the 80 kms to the Halifax Airport. At this point Sandra was again working. She again called LZ who stated they searched there and at the MTL airport and can't find the bag.

I asked Sandra for a local number in Halifax to call her directly. She refused to provide me one. She was upset that I would not leave after she assured me that I could not receive any further updates unless I was called by them. Sandra at this point threatened to have me arrested and removed from the office. At this point I invited her to do so as I had not done anything wrong and I was there with my 2 year old daughter. I would have welcomed the lawsuit against your horrible company and the police department. After my invitation Sandra thought better of this. I left with the promise of an update.

No update came. On September 15, 2017 I stopped by the baggage office in YHZ. I was told that LZ can't find my bag, that it was scanned in to be sent to them on 2017/09/01 from YHZ. Now LZ has said they do not have it. Why was I not called to be advised this? Why have I been made to drive 80 kms each way several times for updates. By your own policy 21 days which was on September 16, 2017 my bag is considered lost. I have emailed and mailed all receipts and stupid forms (tracking shows it was delivered) however I still have not received a simple response from your company. I know that you do not care but all of my clothes are in that suitcase and so far all you have done is send me a form email offering me 20 percent off my next flight. Run my name, my Credit Card and see how often I fly with your company. Is this truly how you want to treat a "valued" customer.

I have never been subjected to such horrible customer service in my life. I was made to lose out on portions of my vacation as I had to sit around and wait to speak with someone from your company who never did call me. Have wasted hours on the phone and filling out paperwork while on my vacation only to be ignored. I trust that your company will be conducting an investigation into who took my bag. It is clearly an airport or employee of Air Canada. As well in previous emails I have explained numerous times of the incredible hassle I have endured with your call center in India. As well as was threatened with removal/arrest by one of your employees in YHZ airport.

I request that someone please reach out to me through email. As of the time I am writing this review it is the 20th of September I have still not had anyone reach out to me to discuss compensation for my lost baggage and reimbursement of my interim expenses. I have e-mailed your company customer services department 9 times since the 15th and not received any response back. Your company's lack of customer service goes to show what you really think of your "valued" customers.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

In Ottawa, after our flight from Toronto to Halifax was cancelled, we encountered some of the worst customer we have ever had. After over an hours' wait, we finally got to the counter, where the female attendant was Extremely rude and obnoxious, with absolutely no sympathy for our predicament. I asked why the couple ahead of us were 1 full hour getting processed & with that, this hostile person went into a rage. We had to argue to get a night's hotel stay and the meal vouchers they gave us were worthless, as the hotel had no restaurant. They know this very well but they will do anything to "get rid" of us. Unbelievably atrocious service!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I would like to notify you that I am highly stressed because I was being assaulted at Frankfurt Airport by one of the Air Canada representatives while I was flying from New Delhi - Toronto via Air Canada and had a stopover at Frankfurt Airport. I reached the Air Canada counter 18 mins before flight was scheduled to depart from Frankfurt to Toronto and Air Canada Representative didn’t let me board the flight and said, "You have to be at the counter 15 mins before the scheduled departure time" and when I told him that its still 18 mins then he said, "I don’t want to listen to anything but I cant let you board the flight and you have to take another flight for which you have to pay extra."

When I requested him to be fair then he said, "You have to pay Euro 75 for the flight and it's already 4 minutes already passed and now the gates are closed." Afterwards, he said, "If you wont pay you will miss flight which is going to Montreal and then you have to wait here only." I had to agree to whatever he said and I took flight to Montreal and then from Montreal to Toronto. My journey was so stressful because of this Air Canada Representative. He talked to me in such an aggressive way and he was big time racist. This is not what we expect from Air Canada.

Can you please explain me? When he was saying gates get closed 15 mins before the departure time why he didn’t let me board the flight when there were still 18 mins left. It took me some time at the security and there was only 1 Hr. 50 mins of gap between both flights. Is that my fault? Why did Air Canada representative forced me to pay 75 Euro when he knew that it's not my fault? Why was that guy shouting at me and was being racist to me? I don’t expect much from Air Canada but as a courtesy please refund my 75 Euros.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I had to cancel a flight to Houston due to Hurricane Harvey. That caused a flight credit of over $2196. I booked another flight to Houston for $1740 and found out that I lost the difference because Air Canada only gives you one chance to use the flight credit and you lose the difference that isn't used. Even worse I had to pay a $200 change fee that could not be paid by the flight credit. So I lost $450 and had to pay $200 on top of that. This is ridiculous. There is no reason Air Canada doesn't bank the unused portion of the credit and allow the credit to be used to pay the change fee if desired. Based on this, I will only use Air Canada in the future as a last resort. I'll use US carriers and WestJet whenever possible in the future. I thought Canadians were supposed to be friendly and helpful but Air Canada fails that test.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

First and LAST experiences on Air Canada. I thought the chaos I experienced at DFW Air Canada counter could not possibly be worse, that is until my return trip a month later through YVR. On Sept 2, 2017 AC 8626 was scheduled to depart from Gate 93 at YVR. We were delayed while they shuttled the plane to the gate area, no big deal. However, they were boarding 2 other flights simultaneously, one to Seattle and one to PDX out of the same satellite gate area. Suddenly our DFW flight boarding was announced. It was total chaos. No one knew what line to stand in since there were 3 flights using the same stairwell. We were told, "Just go down there, find your plane, it's down there on the tarmac somewhere". We all shuffled down the stairs and through the only open door into a kind of canvas tunnel and up a boarding ramp. We were quickly and rudely turned away as this was the PDX flight.

Back into the tiny stairwell area, a man went upstairs and asked again where to go, was told to go "through the door marked 93". The door that said clearly "Do not open under penalty of law, Alarm will sound, Authorized Personnel Only". Back through the open door 94, avoiding the tunnel, spotting no plane anywhere near Gate 93, back inside. Told again to go thru door 93, so we did. No alarm sounded, still no plane, however the Seattle plane had moved and we could see several other planes sitting on the tarmac, 3 of which now had ramps.

Several of us trooped across an expanse of tarmac and one brave and annoyed woman hauled her carry on up the ramp. There was no attendant at the top and when she did not re-appear several of us followed her. Inside we tried to confirm that this was the Dallas flight. In return we were rudely snarled at and told to get seated, we were delaying takeoff. At no time did the flight attendant make any effort to look at our boarding passes, nor did he leave the enclosed area to confirm to people waiting below the ramp that it was the correct flight.

Once on board they announced loudly that it was the Dallas flight and if you wanted to "go elsewhere GET OFF, you already missed the Seattle and PDX flights". Another flight steward a me down the aisle, stood in the middle around seat 23 and said, "If no one is willing to honor my request we will just sit here all day. Is that what you want? It's going to be your own fault". WHAT? No one had ANY idea what he was talking about. I said, "Could you tell us what you want? I'll volunteer for anything". He told me to watch my attitude.

Someone else spoke up and asked what he wanted us to do, that we honestly had not heard any requests other than "get off if you're not going to Dallas". It seemed the flight was "out of balance" and he needed someone to move forward, 15 hands responded immediately. I have flown on many airlines all over the world over many years and Air Canada is by far the least organized, rudest, most chaotic, uncomfortable, and least customer oriented airline I have ever dealt with. Don't even get me started on the terrible, cramped, and uncomfortable fly to and from YVR to NRT.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

This company is terrible. They lost my luggage, and they compensate me with a ridiculous amount and after 40 calls with agents, supervisor and manager.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I booked a ticket for my friend (doesnt speak good English) and we headed for a flight from Windsor to Toronto - on to Sarajevo. Called in the morn - all was good. Got there at 230 - flight cancelled due to construction in TO - next flight cancelled - 3rd flight overbooked leaving my friend with no options. Agents were rude when asking questions - did not suggest alternate transportation although limo was available for 300 and another airline was going to TO (found out by talking to pilot and stewardess but by then too late -tried to split rides with people but couldnt - called Air Canada direct and couldnt fly her out for two days (2 Days????). Finally found another lady who had to get to Toronto and split ride with her. Air Canada's and its agent's indifference and rudeness warrants it a 0 - worse is try to get a refund on something you didnt use through no fault of your own. Shame on you Air Canada.

Air Canada Company Information