3.7/5 (687 ratings)

About Air Canada

Air Canada Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2022

You think you are gettting great deal with aero plan to fly with Air Canada. Wrong. So 49000 points will get you two return flights. Great. But don’t forget you need to pay for your seats there and back 80 dollars or more and then don’t get sick cause try to cancel or change the flight four days trying to call get through to air Canada. That puts you through to aero plan four days total eight hours on hold, finally finally get someone on the line, you can change for a fee of 180 plus tax each person, after explaining you have been trying for days and now flight has left. It’s another 200 fee so wow really, I said have Covid so basically should of got on plane anyway and yeah she agrees with me.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

Plane was late and was told they were holding the connecting, made it through all checks to gate before departure time. Then get told they closed the gate and missed it, then proceeded to have to waste 9 hours and 3 connecting flights to fix it. Did they care, not one ounce. Suggest using other flights.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

Please don’t waste your money with Air canada vacations. Ran out of food and drinks. Seats are very uncomfortable. No one to call for help, family booked can’t pre book seats, seat all over the plane. I travel frequently 20 flight per year, worst experience I ever. Air canada is off my list.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

I NEVER WRITE A REVIEW BUT THIS IS MY WORST EXPERIENCE OF ALL MY TRAVELS. My luggage did not arrive with me and we were around 15-20 passengers that had the same issue in the same flight, that is a lot?? I was going in a cruise which embark in Athens at the same day and excursion start at 7: am on the following day and every single day, and I do not have any extra clothes, underwear, toiletries, it took us almost an hour to make the line at the airport to file a report for my luggage. It was so stressful, exhausting, disappointing and frustrating. You planned your vacation for months and this worst nightmare happened, as we have to panic shopping for clothes and all things we needed which was not in the plan.

The cruise ship has to file a formal complaint for me as I have a travel insurance with them, the luggage came 4 days after, then the luggage I received was not the right one but with my name tag on it?? They screwed up again? There were 12 passengers in the same cruise with the same issue, so the cruise attendant look for my luggage as all of them were already distributed to their rooms, she found my luggage it has a different name tag from another passenger?? This AIR CANADA does not care for their passengers at all!!!

I was charged for the only one checked in luggage of $75 which I found out at the airport when I was checking in, for the first time I was charged of one check in luggage with the weight of 43lbs?? I had been traveling abroad for years and all I know there is always a 1-free check in for international flights within the weight of 23kilos or 50 lbs?? I let it go, but I was specific to the lady at the check in counter that I do not mind paying for the luggage, but just to make sure I will have my luggage when I arrive to my destination BUT I DID NOT HAVE IT!!! I found out from the other passengers the same flight and none of them pay for the luggage?? ... and my fare was even more than what they paid?? What is this randomly picked the passenger, because of the Race as I am **??

Yes they refunded my luggage fee going to Athens, but the nightmare, stress and frustrations it's not worth it, still I paid another $75 for my returned flight. I will never fly in this AIR CANADA anymore. This is in my block list or you will be taking your chances, what is the point when your vacation already ruined from the start?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

Had to call multiple times, customer service people were rude and self serving. Never helping to resolve my issue; anytime I asked to be transferred to a supervisor, it was like pulling teeth as they clearly did not want to do so. Everything they say is lie, they’ll ask you something and then not listen to the answer…one guy had screaming kids in the background and blamed ‘my line’ having a poor connection but the person, mya Christina, really takes the cake. Did all the above l, then finally, she pretended to transfer me but only put me on hold (it was 39 mins before I realized that). This is unheard of!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

NEVER Book A PLANE from Air Canada. Booked a 5 pm departure and when I arrived at the airport the plane was delayed to 8 pm departure due to mechanical testing not done. And it was delayed again to 10:30 pm departure. And you won’t even know this delayed information without going to their customer service booth because they don’t even bother to change it on the airport displayer or announce it with the teleprompter. Once we arrived in New York at midnight, guess what, yes they make you wait for 1h on the airplane for 1 am before you can leave the plane.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

Terrible experience on Air Canada, the flight attendants were rude, hit me with their cart while I was asleep, one of the flight attendants was walking around yelling at passengers to buckle up. Ran out of breakfast items. NOT PROFESSIONAL STAFF. Hated Air Canada. Don’t fly with Air Canada!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

This was the worst flight I ever travelled. Booked my flight for 6.30 in the morning from Toronto to EWR on 8/16. Flight got cancelled and they put me in 8.40 am flight. Again 8.40 flight they didn't let me in and put me in for 2.40 pm flight. The 2.40pm flight got delayed by an hour and reached EWR by 5.10pm. After the tiring 12 hrs wait the biggest frustration was to know about my luggage getting lost. You call the 1888-689-2247 no and after a long wait if anybody picks up the phone they just hangup. They don't have the courtesy to inform the passenger about the status of their luggage. what a horrible experience. Never never travel by AIR CANADA. They are the worst airline I have ever come across with the worst customer service.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

Date: 8/7/22. Warning to all their passengers, Absolute nightmare!

*Very expensive flight, exceptional poor service
    *Very slow, incompetent trainee check in staff, cause more delay and stress
    *Scanty, tasteless food and drinks!
    *Dirty, broken chair,
    *Passengers kept kicking my back seat,
    *Toilet has poo!, disgusting
    *More than an hour flight delayed, no refund
    *Staffs poor communication,
    *The farthest 20 min walk to the gate,
    *Very slow to reply to complaints, months!

*Customer service not answered,

Please go to other airlines.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

Absolutely the worst customer service from any airline. Flight got cancelled, no representative at IAD, got automatically rebooked to a flight 2 days later, had to go back to our hotel and call a 1800 number and took 2 hours to get rebooked on a flight the next day. Next day’s flight also delayed by 3 hours. Currently sitting at the airport. Now waiting to see if it’s going or if it’s going to get cancelled again for the second day in a row. Worst airline for dependability in the world. DO NOT FLY AIR CANADA.

Air Canada Company Information