Air Canada

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Terrible experience. I've never seen less legroom. I'm using up the last my Aeroplan miles then I will never fly with them again. There's so many better options out there. Air Canada and Aeroplan are affiliated and they are absolutely terrible.

Was travelling with Air Canada from YYZ-BLR via Frankfurt, with my wife and 2 little daughters. Air Canada did not issue a boarding pass from FRA to BLR, they quoted technical problem with the system. When we reached Frankfurt, we were shocked to know from the boarding desk that our tickets were cancelled without any reason or resolution. We had to run around the airport to locate Air Canada staff. They acted like it is an everyday affair, and asked me to wait 2 hours to get me tickets to a different flight. They finally gave me a reference number for a flight that departed 9 hours later and vacated the premises. They did not offer us any help and we were left to fend ourselves in the airport with no local currency.

9 hours later, the code share airlines said that they did not have any tickets for us. They were considerate to call Air Canada themselves to sort out the issue. It took another 2 hours to sort the issue and we could finally board the flight from Frankfurt to another unplanned transit airport, Delhi. When we arrived there, our baggage was missing. And as expected, there were no tickets to our final destination. The other airlines continued to be courteous and talked to Air Canada again to re-book our tickets to final destination BLR. We reached BLR almost a day later. Our baggage arrived 5 days later. Our return journey was very similar. The check in desk was on phone with Air Canada for 2 hours before they could issue our tickets.

On return, I reported the issue to the Service desk. They were very inhospitable. It was the same attitude throughout. It took them 3 months to tell me that they do not have a clue about what caused the glitch. And they said, as "good will", if I book tickets on AirCanada.com for full price for a future journey, they will waive off 25% of base price. I told the agent that I do not want any coupon, I need to know why inconvenience was caused, she said she does not care about what I want. I asked to talk to her supervisor, and she wished me good luck with that. I am now writing this in sheer exasperation about Air Canada's rude behavior. I would avoid this airlines in my future journeys.

Today I went to the Air Canada website to buy a return ticket from Toronto to Phoenix. Looking at availability I decided to chose a Business Class outbound because it seemed like a reasonable deal, but the return Business Class was higher than I would like to pay so I selected to travel back in Economy Class. So out in Business, back in Economy.

But before confirming the reservation I thought I'd just check how much more the Business/Economy ticket would be compared to an Economy/Economy ticket, and I couldn't believe what came back! The same Flex Economy ticket for Phoenix to Toronto costs $110 MORE when matched with a Business outbound compared to when it's a simple Economy return! Why?

Why should I pay more for my return portion because I bought a Business Class on the outbound? Does Air Canada have some warped view that if I can afford a Business Class ticket one-way then I must be good for a higher priced Economy coming the other way?? And this has nothing to do with discounted Economy tickets selling out and becoming unavailable when I made my 2nd query - I did the same query over 2 hours later with the exact same result. I would love someone at Air Canada to explain to me the rationale for this and why I should not feel like they're trying to rip me off.

Our complaint relates to flight AC030 on Sept 27,2016 from Beijing to Vancouver. Our seats had been booked and paid for in April 2016. We had confirmed seating in aisle seats 27g and 27h. We discovered we had been moved to the middle seats in row 64, the very last row without notification. We were the 5th customers served at the check in counter as we had arrived 35 minutes before the ticketing office opened. The ticketing agent and AC representative both said all the seats were changed because AC changed planes, but could not explain why we had not reassigned aisle or why we were given the middle seats on the last row, the worse seats on the plane. They said there was nothing that they could do. The AC representative told us to complain on the website and he was happy to give us his name because he knew nothing would happen.

We both have health issues so that is why we had requested aisle seats. If AC had told us six months ago when we purchased our tickets that we would be assigned middle seats on the last row, we would have not have taken this flight. Getting the seats we paid for is part of the contract between us and AC. It took AC six weeks to respond to our complaint. They blamed the computer system for reassigning us from aisle seats in the middle of the plane to the middle seats on the last row. Our booking system automatically reseats customers on the new aircraft, and sometimes the exact same seating options may not be. AC offered us the standard discount on a future flight, but since we do not have any need to fly next year AC offered us nothing of value.

Worst customer service I faced with Air Canada. We had newborn baby travelling to USA from New Delhi. We bought ticket through agency but was never informed about transit visa during booking. When we were at airport, we were denied tickets & denied flying. Airport staff of Air Canada was pathetic and damn rude, they only said it's our fault of not having visa. We requested them a number of times if something can be done for the newborn, then he suddenly started typing something for 15 minutes, I thought he is doing something for us. After 15 mins when I checked, "did you able to find anything for us," he said "no I was doing my own work." Come on. When customer is standing in front of you at least you can inform them about it. It's not us. There were around 15 passengers who had faced this issue. We had to run from here & there to get new ticket from another airline but Air Canada officials were not concerned.

My simple questions to them was that it's ok. It's our fault that we didn't have visa, but then what's your responsibility when you send every day 15 people home. At least you as responsible carrier can inform passenger a week before about making sure of visa. If not at least you can have something at counter that we need transit visa, after standing in queue for hours, we get our turn then we have to listen that we don't have transit visa. At least it could have saved time for people to get another flight. I am very much fed up from airline and its officials. They are happy to overbook the flight and then send passenger home and making money. It's very pathetic airline & I recommend not to fly again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?

My wife and I used Air Canada to return to Montreal from Fort Lauderdale (flight 1609, Sunday October 30th), and it was almost impossible to be served in one of the official language as mentioned on your website: Our brand is the manifestation of the promise we make to our customers. In short, our brand is all about who we are, what we do and how well we do it. Offering service to our customers in their language of choice is an integral part of how well we do our job. Air Canada's goal is to make sure that every customer gets the most consistent, enjoyable and safe travel experience and leaves with a positive lasting impression.

Unfortunately the impression left by this travel experience is very negative. Air Canada seems to have no respect for French speaking Canadians since it does not have the decency to put some French speaking flight attendants on a flight to Montreal. Call me an OLD GRUMPY OLD MAN, but this old man is really insulted when one of your flight attendant asked us to point to images on your menu. We had never been served this way on other airlines (Lufthansa, Swiss, Alitalia). They seem to regard their customers with more respect than Air Canada. On the other hand, we would be very happy with the service if we were English speaking passengers and would probably recommend the names of the flight attendants for the Dialogue Award but we are not and would certainly not recommend any names.

AVOID AIR CANADA (AC) if you can, there are other airlines you can fly which will provide much better flying experience. Last August my wife and I had to fly with Air Canada from Washington to Toronto. Because of some circumcises, I had to change our tickets (in good time and according to their rules) to Washington Montreal. I was promised to get a refund for my old ticket. For months now they play with us in a very ridiculous way, even though they have all the necessary documentations from us. Until sometime ago they said, it is too late now for a refund. This is their strategy.

It is unbelievable that AC does not emphasize their refund system or there is something else bigger in order for extra earnings in their pockets. I found out later that the complaint list is too long for AC and we are not the only cheated and disappointed customers. We travel extensively and have flown internationally with other airlines, but Air Canada was the only airline that has underperformed and continuously disappointed us. Absolutely awful customer service. Please share this, in order to protect other people like us.

Booked my flight in May 2016 with Air Canada to Orlando for Oct. 2016. My trip was planned perfectly. So I thought! From Toronto to Orlando then shuttle to my well deserved 7 day cruise. I get to the airport...check in 3 hours early with my friend. I get to the counter 30 min. before boarding and tell them I don't have a seat and at check in they would not give me a seat as well and 24 hours before I could not check in online! OK...to make this short my friend and I got denied boarding, missed half our cruise. Paid out of pocket to make it to St.Thomas and paid for hotel there too (not cheap especially last min. booking). Air Canada could not accommodate a flight. We had to book with Delta.

So now trying to get my money back for flight and hotel. Sent 4 emails, mailed out a package to customer relations and faxed them. Still no reply! How is this not wrong? Not even an apology!!! Just a standard email reply that all customers get!!! Air Canada...you need to compensate me for my trip! This is not fair! You have to contact me by phone and I want an explanation as to why no one gets back to me!

On July 14, 2016 my elderly mother, wife and I had an Air Canada flight from London ON to Toronto then to Paris France. As instructed we confirmed our flight 24 hours prior to departure. We arrived at London International airport on July 14th, 2 hours prior to departure where we were informed that the flight to Toronto was cancelled. Because we had a connecting flight leaving at 6 pm I asked the check-in agent if there was an alternative way of getting us to Toronto. She said no there was not. She did tell us that she could get us onto a WestJet flight but we would need to claim our luggage in Toronto, get a shuttle to the Air Canada terminal and then check-in our luggage again. She told us that if we did that then we most certainly would miss our connecting flight.

I asked if Air Canada would provide us with a taxi ride to Toronto. She told us that we could submit a request for reimbursement when we returned from our trip, but she could not provide us with a taxi voucher. As we were dropped off at London International Airport, we had no other choice but to take a cab at a cost to me of $250. On the way to Toronto, the cab driver told us that the cab we were following also had passengers distant for Toronto from the same cancelled flight and that they had been given a taxi voucher by a different check-in agent.

Upon returning to Canada we contacted Air Canada who informed us that they would not reimburse us for the cab ride and that I would need to put a claim through my trip insurance company. They declined because they do not reimburse for cab ride, they informed me that Air Canada should reimburse me for that.

Today I received from Air Canada a refund of $29.98 for 3 passengers. I would like anyone who is in the process of planning to travel to seek other airlines that can cancel a flight at any time without considering the ramification that it leaves the passengers in. There are other airlines.

My fiancé and I left Brisbane bound for Canada for a 30 day holiday of a lifetime. In her possession was a Samsung Galaxy 7 Edge (not a Samsung NOTE). The captain of that flight announced the warning of the Samsung Note was not to be used on that flight or attempts to made to be charged with the onboard charge ports. Warning noted thinking that even though hers was not the type in question but she still chose to turn it "off" just in case! That was fine up until we were on board returning to Brisbane on the night of the 23/10/2016. Just before the doors to the plane were to be shut the captain of this flight announced the same warnings of "Samsung NOTE" and who ever had one to please identify to the cabin supervisor.

My fiancé was upgraded to business class due to receiving blood clots to her lungs on arriving to Canada and was being escorted home with a flight nurse while I was seated in economy class, so thinking her phone was one (she didn't know) she handed it over to the cabin supervisor. He said he had to confiscate it for safety reasons so she asked for him to bring it to me so I could take the SIM card out as she didn't know how to, I had no idea how to either but I tried to reason with him saying the phone WAS NOT A SAMSUNG NOTE AS PER THEIR WARNINGS that it was in fact a SAMSUNG GALAXY7 EDGE WHICH HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SAFETY WARNINGS THAT WERE ISSUED, but he still said it had to go!

We taxied off a couple of minutes later and when we got to the altitude I ushered an attendant asking that I get a receipt for the confiscation. He replied that he did not think this was possible. I said I needed something from them so I could make a claim under our travel insurance. He said he would see what he could do. On exiting I again asked for the receipt but was told I was not getting one as that phone was taken "under the airline safety policy issue". I said that was then classed as THEFT. He was nonresponsive so I left the aircraft and am now finding myself dismayed at a perfect holiday only to be marred by the incompetence of the cabin staff, especially the CABIN SUPERVISOR.

I am also left astounded that when those of us that are left to make complaints we are ALL DIRECTED TO THESE BLOODY INDIAN / PAKISTAN CALL CENTRES who are very hard to understand, are told they "understand" or "very sorry for our problem". I will not however let this mar my love for Canada or its people BUT I WILL DEFINITELY FIND OTHER CARRIERS TO FLY WITH!? END OF RANT!!!

I bought a ticket to New York from London, traveling Air Canada via Toronto. I'm a Russian citizen and I was traveling a lot using other air companies. That's the first time company didn't ask about visa for transit area (I guess it's a common practice, isn't it!!!) and didn't mention they don't have a transit zone. That's why right now I stand in Heathrow, all my plans broken, no refund given, trying to change tickets to another company. I can't describe my mental state, and I'll never use Air Canada in my life again!!

After having to deal with several inequities in service with Air Canada as well as problems experienced at Toronto's Pearson Airport, I went home thinking that perhaps I'd done something wrong to have been treated so shabbily. Then I checked out **, where it states: "Travellers with visual, hearing, mobility or other disabilities should be aware that many other countries do not have accessibility standards comparable to those in Canada. Many countries do not have facilities to provide access to people in wheelchairs or provide services for those with hearing, visual, or other requirements."

FURTHERMORE: "For this reason, you should research the services available for travellers with disabilities in your destination country by contacting its government office in Canada. You should also check the website of the airport at your destination to familiarize yourself with its services for travellers with disabilities." Knowing that I was only travelling to Florida and back, I had no idea I would be required to familiarize myself with regard to travellers with disabilities - IN MY OWN COUNTRY!

Avoid Air Canada (AC) if you can, there are other airlines you can fly which will provide much better flying experience. In 2015, a flight delay (8 hours) has caused us missing our cruise ship in Rome. We had to get a hotel room and find our own way to the next port, and the total out-of-pocket cost was about $1,000. We wrote to AC, no compensation was offered but we were given a 20% discount for future flights.

This year, 2016, we decided to use the 20% discount (wrong decision on our part) and give AC another chance. We flew from Las Vegas (LAS) to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (GIG), with layover in Toronto (YYZ) on September 9. One of three checked luggage was missing so we filed a claim with AC's lost baggage counter in Rio. The counter agent located the missing luggage and said it was still in Toronto. Why would three bags checked in at the same time, two made it and one got left behind, no one knows. The agent said AC has multiple flights daily from Toronto to Sao Paulo, Brazil and our missing luggage will be routed from Toronto to Sao Paulo the next day, and then onto Rio, to the hotel we are staying.

On day 2, the baggage never came. We now discovered we had prescription medications stored in the missing luggage so we started calling the delayed baggage number provided on AC’s website. After more than a 30-minute hold time, we were connected to a Call Center agent that are based outside of United States. The first agent was extremely difficult to understand and was not able to provide any clear information of our luggage. We then asked to speak with a supervisor (of course more hold time).

The supervisor confirmed that the luggage never left Toronto and the Toronto baggage department declined to route the luggage through Sao Paulo. Instead, they will put it on a flight heading to Rio four days later. After we informed the agent that the delayed luggage contains prescribed heart condition and high blood pressure medications and it is imperative for us to get the luggage, the supervising agent said he would communicate the matter with Toronto baggage department and will call or email us with an update.

On day 3, no luggage nor updates so we called again. Now we are raking up expensive international charges on our cell phone. Same story, Toronto is still sending the luggage via the next flight to Rio in a few days, but not sooner. We told them since we are travelling, we will not be in Rio when they deliver the baggage. After many more calls to the Call Center, Rio Airport Baggage and a trip to the Rio Airport, AC finally decided to route the baggage to Buenos Aires, Argentina, our next destination. On day 6, now September 15, we finally received our delayed baggage.

It is unbelievable that AC does not emphasize in directing delayed luggage to their customers as a priority, or as soon as they are able to. They have daily flights to Sao Paulo, but they refused to utilize it and insisted to wait for the next flight, in a few days, to Rio. We have friends that flew other airlines have also lost their luggage, but were all able to receive the missing luggage within 24 hours.

We know with millions of baggage to handle each day, it is a daunting task and mistakes do and will happen. The big disappointment on Air Canada is the overall lack of sense of urgency (ignoring the information given to them regarding the medication issue), poor customer service (Toronto baggage department arbitrarily deciding to send the missing luggage 4 days later, and not any earlier through another city which has more direct flights from Toronto), and, lastly, poor communication with customers (delayed baggage handling at the Call Center, average long period of hold-time and the agents were either untrained or understaffed).

We travel extensively and have flown internationally with other airlines, such as British Air, Virgin Australia, Korean, EVA Air, Cathay Pacific, United, American Airlines, Delta Air, Qatar Air, and Turkish Air, all within the last three years. Air Canada was the only airline that has consistently underperformed and continuously disappointed us.

Absolutely awful customer service. Lost my carry on bag which they asked to be checked in at the gate since there was no room on the airplane. Blows my mind how that is possible since you have an idea how many travelers are on the flight. Food and beverage awful. From Toronto to Prague flight - no idea where we were the whole flight since there were no TV's and nobody ever informed us. Never ever flying with them again. It's been almost a month and my bag is still lost. Nobody ever called and apologized.

Flight AC7629 from Boston to Toronto at 8 pm on Sept 28 was delayed for 1.5 hr- no reason provided to passengers waiting in AC lounge. Service Desk employee by name Paolo was rude and non-cooperative. From other side, flight crew was good.

On August 31, 2016 my husband and I had a flight from Houston to Paris via Toronto. As seasoned travelers we put medications and other important items in my small roller bag. At Houston we were told that Zones 3 and 4 could not take their carry on bags onboard and had to check them in. We complained but to no avail. We boarded the plane and then noticed that the overhead bins were empty. We were in row 20. Then we saw a family bring on 4 roller bags all of which were larger than mine. They were seated towards the rear of the aircraft. The Air Canada staff made no effort to separate those who had international onward flights from those terminating within Canada. We were lucky and my roller bag arrived in Paris but needless to say we were concerned. After reading the other complaints my husband and I will not fly with Air Canada ever again.

Air Canada staff are incredibly rude. For example, I called to investigate options for storing my wedding dress, and was told my only option was to fold it in half and cram it into an overhead bin... For a 13-hour flight to Japan. In general, I hate flying Air Canada and prefer WestJet. WestJet is far friendly and more accommodating to their customer's needs.

I travelled from Havana, Cuba to Ankara, Turkey. They lost my luggage, and the only missing luggage was mine. After 6 days, by making tons of calls they delivered my luggage. But when I opened my luggage, I was shocked because it was opened by a stranger and there is not any notification about it. Every item was scattered, every single little bag in the luggage was poked. The worst thing is that, I have lots of lost items from the luggage. 5 earrings, 1 kg of coffee, a nail polish, half of a liquid medication and a manicure item.

We flew Air Canada on our way home from our Euro trip in September 2016. I'd like to start by saying that the staff on the airplane were some of the most unpleasant people I've ever encountered. I understand working with people can be challenging, but having an attitude when addressing concerns will never satisfy a paying customer. One of the flight attendants was working with a person sitting in front of us who specified that she had diet restrictions and needed a special meal. Well they gave her meal away to someone else and the flight attendant told her, "What do you want me to do about it?" Unacceptable.

We finally make it to Toronto before flying out to Chicago. We were already notified in Toronto that one of our bags was lost. They did nothing to help us figure out where it was and told us that we will need to address it in Chicago. The front desk employees in O'Hare are absolutely incompetent. We filed a claim and upon review, it was determined the bag was in Toronto and that we would have it within 24-48 hours. We haven't received a call like we were supposed to, so we followed up today. It turns out the front desk employee forgot to file our claim on Sunday and the bag is now in Warsaw. Do yourself a favor and splurge the extra $200 and fly a different airline. This has all turned into a massive nightmare and Air Canada isn't doing anything to address it.

Out of all the various airlines I've been on all over the world, I've only ever had poor experiences with Air Canada. Lost luggage, poor employee attitudes, and most recently a randomly canceled flight leaving on our vacation, and then on the return flight: every single person had their seats randomly changed so that families that were sitting together originally, were not anymore. Imagine the pure chaos with an entire plane full of people all trying to coordinate impromptu seat trades. Whoever manages this company needs to be fired.

When landed in Toronto Air Canada told me to claim the bags because they didn't come with our plane. We were told that baggage will be delivered to our address which never happened. I spoke with 4 different agents and they told me they will send baggage to our house which also was false. After all different stories from all 4 agents they told us bags are located but they don't know where they are. Today two weeks later nobody cares about my baggage or did anything for us. What a shame for Air Canada.

I didn't received any money or anything for my loss. However for all they care for their baggage and service please don't use Air Canada because you will became one of us victims who lost their baggage and nobody did anything about it. Shame on Air Canada. They told me they hold lost baggage in Montreal and I told them that I will drive there to get my baggage but they said they are not sure if the baggage is there but are saying they located them. Once again worst company to fly with.

They don't even deserve one star. I booked my honeymoon trip to Paris 3 months ago, 8 days full of excursion that were book with Air Canada, as well shows and restaurants booked elsewhere. 3 days before leaving for this trip, we get a phone call saying that one of our main excursions has been cancelled. We call asking what the situation is and we are told we will get a callback with a solution. By night time I called back and the supervisor "Celine" has no idea if this has been cancelled or not and cannot guaranteed anything and needs to confirm with the supplies, which means that we will not get a response till Friday, 1 day before we leave for trip.

What major company does not know what the supplies offer or not? Especially when they are still being offered online thru Air Canada vacations site. This is very frustrating, ridiculous and horrible service on their part. I wish I never booked with them and I would never recommend it to friends and families. This is the second time something has been cancelled on this trip. So much for having a relaxing honeymoon. Horrible. Horrible. Don't book with them!!!

So I went online to review my air miles and see about 1800 but can't see them in the transaction list which only shows a year of history, in this case August 2015 to 2016 despite knowing that miles should have been and or were earned August 2015 from a flight. I attempt to claim missing miles as I am not able to verify that the miles were posted only to find out that the calendar only goes back to September 2015. Then I call them and wait on hold for more than 2 hours despite their myths posting at https://www4.aeroplan.com/Myths.do. I'll have to be on hold for 2 hours if I call in to book a flight.

In July of this year (2016), my 76-year-old mother and my 9-year-old daughter were traveling on Air Canada, from the US via Toronto with a connecting flight to Europe. Because of severe weather conditions, their flight out of Newark was 6 hours delayed that day. They did not leave the airport until after 8 pm (their flight was scheduled for 2 pm that day) and arriving in Toronto after 10 pm, missing their connecting flight. When they arrived in Toronto, no one helped my mom and my daughter.

Our friends who travel all the time in situations like this, almost all airlines will accommodate somehow, especially an elderly traveling with a small child. However, Air Canada did NOTHING!!! They offered them NO hotel stay, when their next flight was gonna be a day later, and not even at least an upgrade to Business or First Class. When my exhausted mom asked Air Canada representatives if she can get a room, she was told to go to the Sheraton Hotel, however, when they arrived at the hotel they told my mom she would have to pay $300/night. How does the airline expect an elderly, traveling with a small child to NOT sleep for over 24 hours and pay $300 for a room??? So, my mom and my daughter took shelter on a COUCH inside the hotel lobby, where my daughter was able to sleep for a few hours, while my mom watched over her.

The next morning (July 26) at 6 am, my mom and daughter went back to the check-in desk at Air Canada when they were told the next flight they can take is that night at 8 pm. Still, Air Canada would not accommodate my mom and my daughter to at least get a room for them so they can rest a few hours before they board the next plane. At this point, my mom went 24 HOURS not sleeping. No one helped my mom, she was bounced around, people telling her to go here and to go there. I can understand an airline not being able to accommodate passengers if several planes are stranded with hundreds of passengers overnight. But as far as we know, only this one flight was delayed, and only a handful of people got stranded.

So, why didn't the airline help my mother and my daughter??? The airline knew her flight was 8 hours delayed from Newark, she is 76-years-old and how does the airline expect an elderly NOT to sleep for more than 24 hours??? That's beyond inhumane! When I contacted Air Canada to complain, they totally did not care. My mom will NEVER be flying with this airline again and neither will I. No wonder almost all their reviews online are 1 star and all negative. Coincidence? I think not!

I booked a flight from Saskatoon to Edmonton to pick up my mom's new car on a Friday. Arrived at the airport 1 hr early (at the time deadline for domestic flights was 45 min). I was told that my BUSINESS CLASS seat had been given away, but they could put me on another flight on Sunday. I said this would not work, as the dealership was closed Sunday, and I was from out of town, and there was no bus service back to my home (was not offered any type of voucher for having to remain in Saskatoon). I was told to "go book with WestJet then". When I asked how my travel voucher for the flight worked, the woman replied "I don't know". I used the voucher to return home after a contract with CF was finished (Ottawa to Saskatoon).

When I completed the purchase over the phone (as there was no place on the website to include a voucher), I was told I would have to pay a rescheduling fee because the previous agent did not note in my file that I was bumped from the flight due to overbooking. But the agent did, in fact, book me back to "Saskatchetoon" [sic]. Complete idiots - telling me to use the competing airline, not setting up my file properly, openly admitting that they did not know how a voucher would work, and then not even being able to pronounce the name of the place I was returning to.

Flying back from Manchester England to Cleveland Ohio via Toronto Canada. Arrived in Cleveland and received two of our three bags. Went to United counter (they contract with Air Canada) and given a phone number to call. Called and of course had someone on other end, I think from India that I could not understand, finally I was able to advise him as to what I wanted. After having to call back several times I was instructed that the item was sent to a local shipping company. It would be delivered within next 48 hours (this was Friday). On Sunday a young man arrived to deliver a double baby stroller (NOT MINE). Subject advised he would go back and try to find correct item for us. As of the following Saturday, no luggage. During past week attempted to reconnect Air Canada lost luggage department and each time placed on hold for over 10 minutes each time.

Went online to Air Canada's website and was directed to a chat line. After giving my information to the other end. I wad advised that I would have to fill out a multi-page form and mail it to Canada. When I asked for the name of the shipping company they contract with they gave me the name of "same day delivery", I can not find contact info for them. When asked for the contact information they told me they do not have any. After reading all the other complaints about Air Canada, I WILL NEVER USE AIR CANADA AGAIN FOR TRAVEL AND I WILL MAKE SURE NONE OF MY EMPLOYEES USE THEM!

What a terrible experience with Air Canada. I had my flight from Rome arriving late on the 4th of Aug and I lost the connection to Fort Lauderdale. I was reprotected with a flight to Orlando 4 hrs away from Fort Lauderdale and 4 from where I had to go. I also had my luggage lost during that flight and I got it back only on the 7th of Aug (3 days later).

I was promised a compensation of USD100 (Incredible. I was traveling also business class) and I was told I had to deal with the french office (being resident in Italy). I called few times the French office (customer service) and INCREDIBLE to SAY... NO ONE SPEAKS ENGLISH. I sent few emails to Air Canada in Toronto and as well NO answer.

If I would have known NO one in customer relation speaks any other language beside French I would have never traveled with them. If you are a resident of any other country south of FRANCE (including Spain, Italy, Greece, Austria etc.) YOU ARE LOST if you do not learn French. I am very upset for this and I hope someone could help me. Thanks.

My family and I have had a truly horrific experience with Air Canada today. My husband and I were traveling with a medically fragile, disabled child and 2 other young children. Our flight was scheduled to depart YVR for LAX August 15 at 1:05 pm. We tried to check in on August 14, but Air Canada would not allow us to because of our disabled daughter. We arrived at the check-in gate at 12:09 pm. We were told that the flight had closed. Nowhere on our tickets or in my communications with the airline (there were several) were we told that they would sell our seats with almost an hour for us to board the plane.

We begged the clerk to allow us on the plane as we had AMPLE time to clear Customs and board the plane as scheduled and as we paid for. We asked to speak with a manager. The manager, Mr. ** came down and told us that he could not let us on the plane but that he would get us to LAX today. He specifically authorized the clerks to get us home even if on another airline which cost the airline money.

After waiting for over an hour, the clerk stated that there were no Air Canada flights that we could take and that she was not authorized to put us on another airline - directly in conflict with what Mr. Abbas had told us. We asked for him to come speak with us and her again but he had gone home. The second manager who came down, I believe her name was Elaine, contradicted Mr. ** and basically said there was nothing she could do for us. We explained that we did not have enough medical rations for our daughter - to no avail.

Air Canada stated that there were no flights for us for almost 5 days unless we would fly in 2 groups and go to Calgary, then LAX. Traveling with our disabled child alone is unbelievably stressful and difficult, which we told the clerk, also to no avail. Because we had no option, we agreed to fly in 2 groups - which was traumatic for all of our children, just to ensure that we had some way of getting home.

We asked who would pay for our hotel which we had not budgeted into our vacation plans and were basically told we could sleep at the airport if we wanted. Where we sleep was our problem. Fearing for our daughter's medical safety, I then purchased 2 direct tickets to LAX on WestJet - totaling over $1,000CAD to ensure her health and safety. At no point did the clerk offer to refund our tickets so that we could buy all of our tickets with another airline. My sons and husband are currently at a hotel which is costing another $300CAD.

As soon as I returned home I searched online to see how I could bring the rest of my family home sooner and without 9 hours of travel. We picked Vancouver because the travel time is only 3 hours. We NEVER would have picked a destination requiring 9 hours of travel. There are several direct flights from YVR to LAX tomorrow that they can take - but there are no economy seats left. I called Air Canada's 1-888 number - waited on the phone for over 40 minutes (which is outrageous!) and was told by the representative, Adam, that there was nothing he could do. He did state that Air Canada could refund the return portion of our tickets. I asked him to do that for me immediately. He said he could not find us in the system with our reference number and then he HUNG UP on me!

I called back and waited another 40 minutes. I spoke with Jose, who seemed very nice and said he was going to put me on hold to see what he could do. I waited an additional 26 minutes and then the line went dead. I called a third time. I waited for AN HOUR!! The clerk said that Air Canada would not allow my family to come home on business class (God forbid they right their wrong) and said he would transfer me to a supervisor in Montreal. And of course - he disconnected me. Now when I call the outgoing message actually says that the airline has too many calls and they just won't pick up at all (the phone just hangs up on you).

I am in shock that anyone would willingly fly this airline with customer service like this. I am also beside myself that Air Canada cares so little about disabled children and families with young children. I have never experienced anything like this and have been traveling for over half of my life. Air Canada should have put us on any flight we could have taken to get home - together and today - regardless of the ticket class. And hour-long waits and the inability of anyone to resolve problems, or transfer phone calls successfully is unbelievable. A truly terrible airline.

I flew back from Africa to Vancouver on an Air Canada flight. I am now on Day 21 of losing my bags. I was attending a wedding in Africa and all of my personal belongings were in the bag. I reported my bag missing at the airport and I was told that they would search for the bag and let me know the status. I was also told that I am not entitled to a penny to buy basics as I am in my hometown.

After 5 days of losing my bag they told me to submit a claim but I need to attach all of my receipts. I took a day off work and searched for all my receipts to send to them. I had to go get re-prints from stores. I was lucky enough to have gone shopping before my trip so I still had a lot of my receipts. I sent this "package" of paperwork and receipts over a week ago. I call to ensure they have it and they said it takes up to 7 days to get this in the system. I have asked what the procedure is and they say it takes up to 6 weeks to search for the bag. If they find it then I get my bag back and I am not entitled to a thing - even the out of pocket expenses, days off, stress etc that I have endured during this time. If they do not find my bag by 6 WEEKS (which is so long and the worst service I have ever heard of) then they will file my claim.

My insurance will not cover me until the bag is declared "missing". I have not had one call, apology, penny etc from Air Canada. I was told by the central baggage center to email the claims department but no one responds, I have tweeted - no one responds, I have called and spent 40-50 min at one time on hold and I have even resorted to emailing the CEO. At this point I do not care if my bag is lost but just cover my expenses so I can get on with life. The customer service is the worst I have ever experienced!

I flew with Air Canada recently and had the worst flight experience I've had. I have traveled a lot whilst living in UK, Middle East and now America and have mostly been happy with all other airlines. But Air Canada has been awful. We planned to travel from Philadelphia, change in Toronto then fly on to Dublin. We planned to spend a night and a day in Dublin then fly to England to get married.

Our flight from Philadelphia was delayed, we were assured numerous times by ground staff and airline crew that our flight from Toronto would 'wait for us'. We arrived at Toronto and we were relieved to find out that our Dublin bound flight was delayed. We went through security and immigration and must have had our boarding passes scanned 4 times. We arrived at the gate and no one had boarded yet. We then wait in line, get to the desk and we were told that our seats had been given away. We went to Customer Service and she said because we had missed our flight we would be put on the next flight to Dublin in 24 hours. Thus causing us to miss all our bookings in Dublin and potentially being late for our wedding in England. We were offered alternative flights to England and the best they could do was get us to London (we needed to be in the North of England) by the next night.

To keep it short, we paid for hotel bookings, flights, car hire (all of which were nonrefundable). We did make it to our destination in time, but not without being out of pocket and with a huge amount of stress. Even on our journey back to America from Dublin our flight was delayed. 5 out of 5 flights delayed. This is simply not acceptable and we will not be traveling with them again. I have contacted them and sent receipts asking for reimbursements of the things we had to pay for so I am remaining hopeful but would like to ask if anyone has had any luck getting money reimbursed from Air Canada?

Air Canada Company Profile