2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.10/5

Air Canada Reviews

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

I was on a flight from Vancouver to Brisbane and suffering the after affects of Shingles and was in a lot of pain and discomfort. I want to thank the hostesses one I remember as Susan who came to my aid, I ended up having an injection on the plane which helped me to get through the next 8 hrs. I can't thank Susan and the crew enough for their wonderful care from wonderful people. I even got a hug from one of the beautiful hostesses and a gift of a broch with the Canadian maple leaf on it. I will always remember that flight on Air Canada for the fact I was in so much discomfort and the fact that they went to so much trouble to keep me comfortable. THANK YOU SO MUCH. Greg **

Original review: May 12, 2019

Our flight from Rome back to the States was great. The service on the plane was great. However, my baggage did get messed up. Upon calling customer service and getting the issue researched. Air Canada sent me a new luggage to replace the damaged one. Great service overall all. I would fly with them again.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Our family travels exclusively with Air Canada. We have always had an amazing experience both on and off the aircraft. This time however was extra special. I was dealing with Maria and she went beyond the call of service and left me to tears when I was done our call. YOU PROVE TO ME TIME AND AGAIN NO MATTER WHAT - MY CHOICE WILL ALWAYS BE AIR CANADA! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! It's the thought of going beyond to help and serve your clientele. You have no idea how much this has meant to me.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I have flown with Air Canada all my life. I am Canadian but live in Thailand now for 35 years. I travel to Canada normally twice a year to see my 2 daughters and their 2 children. I am in Air Canada's top flying category.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I book flights very often and the last flight I booked I book a day I already had a flight for. I noticed the next morning and called customer service and they were so busy they weren’t accepting calls. By this time it’s about 1/2 hr past my 24 hr time frame to cancel for a refund. So it’s a credit now and I will use it up soon. But because they were too busy I got penalized. Just a little beef. But usually, I have good experiences with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

We recently missed our connecting flight from Toronto to Cincinnati because we sat on the runway for over an hour trying to get into a gate. When we asked the flight attendant what they would do about our missed connection, she told us there would be someone waiting to meet the flight that would have all of the information to get us re-booked.

When we finally got off the plane, there was an agent, but she had no information and told us there would be a counter with someone to help us. Then we had to go retrieve our luggage and clear Canadian customs to even get to a counter. There was a long line there, which we were told we had to wait in to get a hotel voucher but they would not be re-booking any flights. She told us we had to call a # on the card -- several other people in line said they had been waiting over 2 hours calling that # and then it hung up on them.

We waited 1/2 hr in the line and were given a hotel voucher and again told they wouldn't re-book our flights. We even spoke to a manager. This was appalling customer service to stand in line, be at an Air Canada customer service desk and told we had to call and hope we got through to this number to get a new flight. No one seemed to care that this was poor customer service. Everyone in line was upset and the manager just shrugged it off. We had to wait until we got to the hotel to get on their wifi to make a call because we don't have international calling plans because we weren't supposed to be in Canada for anything more than the layover.

It took us over 2 hours to get through to someone, and was 2:20AM before we could get our flight re-booked (our flight was originally supposed to land at 6pm). I understand there are weather delays and issues, but I can't believe the way it was handled. Our plane was able to land at the airport, and our connecting flight was able to take off, but due to landing delays and sitting on the tarmac for over an hour, we missed it. Then, you added insult to injury by the way we had to go about re-booking it. This is the first time we have flown Air Canada, and based on the experience we had, it will likely be our last.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I had the worst experience ever. I was on a journey back home and had lots of stress so I needed my travel journey to be smooth. As I arrived at the check in assistance in Winnipeg to begin my journey Kim the agent greeted me so poorly and spoke with so much attitude and disrespect. She was so impatient and asked me to speak only when told to. Kim is the worse agent at the desk in Winnipeg, Mb and a very bad agent to be in the Air Canada team. She had given me terrible service and kept me standing with her for an hour. She was not trying to Understand my problem but rather give me unnecessary information. I almost cancelled my whole trip and was in tears because of how I was treated by her.

My flight was delayed from Toronto and she kept asking me to call the call center for interruption in flight rather than try to get me into another flight or give me a better solution. I'm very very very disappointed in Air Canada to have such a unprofessional member on their Team. Kim should not be allowed to work at the desk as she does not have a positive attitude or a good work ethic.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I called Air Canada on December 11 and was on hold for almost 2 hours. When I finally got through I explained the situation and spoke with a very friendly and helpful agent. I was offered a credit as our flight could not be cancelled and refunded. Shortly after I received a call back and was told due to the new regulations a full refund would be issued as air Canada had changed the flight from the original we booked and now requiring an overnight layover. I was told the refund would be processed to the same cc it was charged on. That was a month ago.

I have tried calling again. Twice I was on hold over an hour and had things to do so had to hang up. There is no option for a call back so the only way to get through is to be on hold for over an hour minimum. I emailed twice. No response. Basically there is absolutely no way to get through to them. Sadly the agent I spoke to was great but I have to give air Canada a zero. Do they want customers? Because clearly this is not how it seems. We travel a lot as we are both semi retired and always fly business or first class. They seem to not want our business as we do not even warrant a call or email back. This is probably the worst customer service experienced from any supposedly reputable company we have ever dealt with.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Was on the tarmac for 2 hrs and then the flight was cancelled re: fog. Fair enough. But the rescheduling for flight was a nightmare. 2 days later and no compensation. Never will I fly Air Canada. My booked flight was only 1h. My rescheduled flight was a 6hr, 1 stop flight 2 days later. And here's the worst part. When I got off the plane to go to reschedule the flight, the attendant said go to the AC desk and the lady will answer all questions. A dozen of us waited there for 1 5hrs and no one showed...and they were in the back office. They 100% lied and 100% did not want to deal with unhappy customers.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

It's been many times now that Air Canada makes mistakes in getting me my vegan meal. This time, I booked the meal three months in advance, and they informed me they never got the reservation. Now, I'm trying to contact them on the return flight, but their phone wait times are one hour. I can't contact them any other way online. Like, come on. Get with the past 20 years of technology, and don't let people book a meal if they wont get it, because you'll have an especially hungry customer on your airline. Now, I'm going to need to take food onto the plane (again), to hedge against almost guaranteed incompetence.

Not sure about Air Canada?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Airlines for you.

Air Canada Company Information