2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.88/5

Air Canada Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?

Original review: March 21, 2020

Staff has always been great, customer service goes above and beyond. They have good travel deals in Canada and the US. Have not had much in way of delays and difficulties while I had been travelling.

Original review: March 14, 2020

My driver had dropped me off at LAX and I realized I left my passport at home on the counter. Made arrangements for a friend to bring me my passport but because I had a copy the Canadian airline rep checked me in which one suitcase so as soon as my passport arrived I could get through security and onto the plane leaving for Portugal. I would not have made my flight if it wasn't for the kind woman who helped me.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

On arriving at our final destination my husband and I got busy gathering our things so we could disembark. We had been traveling with carry on for our trip but for this last flight we had volunteered to stow it as the plane was full. We collected our luggage and got a taxi but hadn't even reached our destination before my cell phone rang. It was one of the staff from Air Canada wanting to talk to my husband, they had found his tablet that he had set down by his legs on the plane. Being it was a new tablet we were so grateful they found it and contacted us before we even had a chance to realize it was missing. We are very grateful for the awesome service.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Air Canada canceled my flight and offer me no expiry date credit voucher, they said only wait up to 6 weeks, I called them after 3 months, the representative said due to technical issues, they don’t know how much longer it will takes, so Air Canada is scamming everyone money, never trust this company no matter how much discount they offering or you will lost money!

Original review: Dec. 25, 2020

My flight from Totonto to Moscow was cancelled due to Covid-19. No one contacted me and they rerouted me without even confirming this to me. Re-route was very bad - very long waiting hours in different airports. I asked for refund so I can travel with different airlines. They refused to provide the refund and offered me a voucher that I can use only with Air Canada. They said it will take them a few weeks to process the voucher. It was very disappointing experience.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

I am paying 500 more than avg price ticket to Air Canada so that waiting time should be less and choose direct flight. But Air Canada changed my flight with 13 hr waiting time and now they are not canceling my ticket and refunding money. Worst service. They don't know how to talk to customers. I will never ever choose Air Canada and never recommend anyone to choose it.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

Air Canada used to have excellent customer service -- phone operators who were friendly, kind, helpful & readily available. It is now the total opposite. They do not answer their phones at all anymore. I have waited on hold for several minutes only to be disconnected, my calls have been answered only by voice recordings with no opportunity to record a message, I have received only busy signals. Neither do they answer their emails for the most part — after almost 2 weeks, I received a rote response which did not address my questions. In exasperation, I left a note on Air Canada’s Facebook page & then I received a response.

The issue I was trying to resolve was that due to the Coronavirus pandemic, Air Canada canceled my family’s flights. There were no substitute flights and they charged us full cancellation fees. I do not mind paying cancellation fees when I cancel, but I think it exceptionally poor business to charge cancellation fees when the airline cancels. Air Canada maintained it was not their fault they canceled - it was the pandemic’s fault. That reasoning may very well serve them legally, but it certainly does not serve their customers.

We had also had to cancel other flights on Air Canada due to a family emergency & we paid the cancellation fees without a complaint. For their cancellation, Air Canada refused to lower their cancellation fees and offered no compensation whatsoever. I would not fly Air Canada again. When you are able to even access Customer Service, which is nearly impossible, they are rude and offer no assistance. There are plenty of other airlines, I recommend using them.

Original review: June 24, 2020

The borders are not open. You can’t fly from the US to Canada yet this crap of an airline won’t refund our tickets. I only fly this third rate carrier because they were the only option non stop to Toronto. Now they reroute a 4,5 hour flight to 23.5 hours over 2 days. But refuse to refund the tickets. And they actually say they have a customer care department. The only thing this airline offers is to show you how greedy they truly are.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I purchased a refundable round-trip ticket from Denver, Colorado to Osaka, Japan departing on July 31 from Denver to Osaka. I still intended to go until I was notified that my flight was cancelled on May 21, 2020. As per the email from Air Canada, it asked me to cancel the flight even though it was already cancelled by the airline. I did not do this because I wasn’t given an option for a full refund to my original payment method.

According to the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) which Air Canada is subject to in this case because the flight originates and ends in the United States, I’m legally entitled to a full refund on my original payment method. The email states that flights were cancelled because of COVID-19, yet Air Canada is still flying to Tokyo on the same dates July 31 - August 9 with flight numbers AC8111 and AC3.

I understand that it is the policy of Air Canada to offer a voucher, but policy does not supersede United States Law. I have called numerous times, filed a complaint with Air Canada and the US DOT, and Air Canada refuses to give me a refund. At this point, I will not vouch for this airline nor recommend to them to anyone because of how they are handling this situation.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Air Canada made a clerical error, and charged my credit card for two extra tickets to a different location when I was trying to get home on an emergency basis due to COVID. They have refused to refund the money in a timely manner - at this point, it has been 3 months since the charges were made. They have now stopped responding to my communications. They charged an additional $500 to my credit card and are not giving it back. If I had any other option, I would never choose Air Canada again.

Air Canada Company Information