3.37/5

483 Air Canada Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 12, 2019

Our flight from Rome back to the States was great. The service on the plane was great. However, my baggage did get messed up. Upon calling customer service and getting the issue researched. Air Canada sent me a new luggage to replace the damaged one. Great service overall all. I would fly with them again.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Our family travels exclusively with Air Canada. We have always had an amazing experience both on and off the aircraft. This time however was extra special. I was dealing with Maria and she went beyond the call of service and left me to tears when I was done our call. YOU PROVE TO ME TIME AND AGAIN NO MATTER WHAT - MY CHOICE WILL ALWAYS BE AIR CANADA! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!! It's the thought of going beyond to help and serve your clientele. You have no idea how much this has meant to me.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I have flown with Air Canada all my life. I am Canadian but live in Thailand now for 35 years. I travel to Canada normally twice a year to see my 2 daughters and their 2 children. I am in Air Canada's top flying category.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Very reliable airline, no issues with the aircrafts, fairly new, clean, mechanically well maintained. However, they don't offer pillows or blankets on board, unless you purchase them... Onboard meals, not always available for purchase. Overall, my favorite airline.

Original review: March 5, 2019

I book flights very often and the last flight I booked I book a day I already had a flight for. I noticed the next morning and called customer service and they were so busy they weren’t accepting calls. By this time it’s about 1/2 hr past my 24 hr time frame to cancel for a refund. So it’s a credit now and I will use it up soon. But because they were too busy I got penalized. Just a little beef. But usually, I have good experiences with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

In June 2019 I had a really long journey from Sydney to Toronto via San Fransisco. I board Air Canada Flight in San Francisco. It was 3 Hours flight. The screen didn't work so I couldn't watch anything. It was the same when I went to Toronto first time in February 2019. I pressed the button for water. No one came to my seat. Person beside me was laughing and said they are always like this. They never come to your seat. Then I saw an air hostess and called by waving hand. I asked, "can I have something to eat, some vegetarian sandwich." She said, "Sure let me get it for you". She didn't return, neither anyone else. I was freaking hungry and was having headache.

I went to their area where I see all of the air hostesses chit chatting. I was angry and said, "Are you kidding me?? I asked for a sandwich, no one came and even when you press button for attendant, no one responds. What kind of flight is this". That started apologizing and gave me a packet for celery and carrot and I asked how much do I pay. They said, "no you don't have to pay, we are sorry". I don't think that even resolves the issue of being such a careless and useless air hostesses. Air Canada should really think of improving the quality of air hostesses. Customer is important. We pay money for a good service and not for some careless women who acts as a careless host in a house full of guests. This is a harsh review, but I do think there needs to be better service for things they are trained and paid for.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I purchased 2 expensive seats on good faith using the aid of an Air Canada agent. These seats were described as large bulkhead seats with a significant increase in leg room. They were not. They turned out to be virtually identical to the “regular” seats, making the flight miserable for my very tall husband. I was assured by the flight attendant that a refund would be forthcoming, but after a lengthy email correspondence with customer support after we landed, I was told that they wouldn’t be providing me with any further feedback. In summary, I was misled by the original agent; I am out $146; the flight was miserable; and I was later patronized and dismissed by customer support. Needless to say, I won’t be flying Air Canada again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

Trashed a $6500 carbon bike frame through neglect. Told me they aren't responsible. How can you break something that is designed to be extremely strong and not break, and then say, 'Not my fault' - unacceptable.

Original review: July 30, 2019

Old aircraft, flight attendants rude and not helpful, bad food, restrooms small and dirty. When my son got sick on the descendant I couldn’t find any vomit bag in the seat pocket (we asked everyone around us) and pushed the button for help but no one showed up ever.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Paid for business Dublin to Montreal via Boston. Same route home. Aer Lingus did what they said they would but Air Canada didnt. Before you pay your hard earned money for a decent flight take the time and look for a good airline. Air Canada is not an award winning airline. Take your money and give you excuses later. I’m willing to re engage with Air Canada to resolve this but they have given me a definitive GO AWAY!

Air Canada Company Information