3.8/5 (569 ratings)

About Air Canada

Air Canada Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?

Original review: June 28, 2022

I booked a ticket with protection plan through ASAP ticket agency on July 2020 and was not traveled because of pandemic. This is a ticket confirmation #**. This is refundable but I didn't get it yet. I was told that I can reschedule the travel after pandemic is over. Now I am trying to get my refund or reschedule my travel but ASAP agency said, "Air Canada is not proceeding your refund." When I called Air Canada, they always took my information and hang-up the call. I am feeling like a helpless at this time. Can you please follow up with my refund.

Original review: June 27, 2022

In my many years of travel I have never experienced, can't even get through to leave a message, their message machine is turned off. No wonder there's an exceptional call experience going on - every one is pissed off. Our flight from Edinburgh was for 5 hours (delay upon delay being called) late causing us to miss our Denver flight. Meal 'vouchers' didn't cover 1/2 the cost of the airport meals. There was basically no lodging available. We ended up paying $300 per person for a 5 hour stay at a hotel, plus $200 in taxi fare because we had to travel so far to find a room. Arriving in Denver we think our luggage got left in Toronto - there was no one from Air Canada available to tell us anything. Cannot even file a lost baggage request because their website won't take our information. NEVER fly Air Canada.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 24, 2022

My first flight left Victoria BC and arrived at MSP Monday afternoon. My luggage didn’t get to me until Thursday night and I am leaving on Friday. My returning flight has been delayed 2 hours already and I won’t make my connecting flight. The staff will not put me on the flight tomorrow morning where there are only 6 seats left until I actually arrive inToronto and officially miss the flight.

Original review: June 24, 2022

I would like to give Air Canada 0 stars, but that is not an option. Our connecting flight in Montreal was cancelled at 4:30 pm. We were told we would get a hotel voucher for the night & to go to customer service to rebook. Before we could rebook, we were told that we needed to claim our luggage. Customer service was outside of baggage claim. We were told that if we didn’t claim our luggage before going to customer service, we would not be allowed back in the luggage claim area to get our luggage. We waited 5 hours for luggage. There was no water available in the baggage claim area. I stood in line twice to get answers. The second time I was in line I asked if our luggage accidentally went somewhere else because we waited so long.

I was told that Air Canada does not make mistakes. I find that very interesting because I kept receiving text messages that our flight was rebooked, but told in person by Air Canada representatives that the flight was cancelled. I pointed out the conflicting information and was told that it was a system error and it was not Air Canada’s fault. Once we got our luggage, we waited an additional 2 hours to get our flight rebooked. There was not a hotel voucher for us, only a $40 food voucher. By that time it was after midnight and only 1 restaurant was open. Of course, that restaurant had a line too. Once we ordered, we were told that they didn’t accept the food vouchers. We ended up paying over $900 for a hotel room + the cost of a taxi. We will never fly Air Canada again. We just want other to be aware and not make the same mistake we did.

Original review: June 23, 2022

If I can give less than 1 star I would of. We booked a two way flight for my daughter to attend her graduation ceremony. My daughter reached the airport then she found out that Air Canada changed the flight time, and then they kept changing the flight time until they cancelled the whole flight, and since it was end of day we could not book another flight and my daughter missed her graduation ceremony. What’s funny is that they kept the return ticket. This is the worst airlines, I have never experienced such situation with other airlines. I will never book with this airline again. Stay away from Air Canada.

Original review: June 23, 2022

I wish I had read the reviews beforehand in planning a trip to Canada via Air Canada on 6/16/2022. On the takeoff it was way late and at a layover point in Vancouver we sat on the tarmac for nearly 3 hrs, apparently the excuse was weather/mechanical/and not enough staff to load luggage. I'm really surprised this company is still in business. I waited for 4 hrs to get luggage which was put on another flight and I had to retrieve it the next day.

A tip would be use carry on bags, and bring food with you because they run out of anything good less than halfway through the plane. It's not just the airline. It's the airports too being filthy and staffed largely by non English speaking people mostly Asian and you can't understand them. Ten flights were cancelled so the lobbies looked like a homeless camp filled with people with nowhere to go and the staff was absolutely no help whatsoever. Canada is a disaster, book your vacation elsewhere by any other air carrier.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I traveled on May 22 from Toronto to Delhi and flight were diverted to Ahmadabad due to weather, I stayed at tarmac for over 3 hours and then airport for 5 hours and AC crew left us over 300 passengers abounded to go to hotel and come back mid night for next flight. We came to airport and were not allowed to enter airport as flight is not assigned and told us to come back next day in afternoon, no one to complain or talk on behalf of AC, I took domestic flight and paid for origin, Now A C refuse to compensate the actual ticket expense. They should get award of WORST AIRLINES.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I made a mistake by booking a flight for my husband and ended up paying for an expensive ticket without being offered a seat and then again paid $47.00 where no airlines have such pathetic service of paying extra for seats that should be included in the flight itinerary. Was informed about 23 kg 1 bag however thought of calling them and looking for an upgrade. Every day I called them for 3 weeks but was kept on hold for 2 or 3 hours and later calls got disconnected which shows their inefficient poor service without being provided any resolution. Have rude customer service agents who do not know how to talk to the customers or show some empathy. I would not recommend anyone to choose this airline and go through the hassle that I have been through.

Original review: June 19, 2022

I Wish I would have read the reviews before booking. The service is UNRELIABLE, employees are RUDE and burnt out. It was nearly 3 HOURS to get ahold of a customer service representative who was more upset than I Was. He literally stated "Every person I’ve spoken to before you started the conversation with how long they were on hold, so let’s talk about your issue." Book ELSEWHERE! Our flight was cancelled last minute and moved from 0840 to 1530 hours. The first leg of the flight was now with a different provider who could not honor the “extra leg room” we paid for on Air Canada. The representative said I could submit a claim to attempt to seek reimbursement. I would never even consider flying Air Canada again. I’m not sure how they are even still in business to be quite honest.

Original review: June 18, 2022

THE BIGGEST MISTAKE IN THE HISTORY OF MY TRAVEL!!! Stay away from this company. It is impossible to get connected to a live agent. They keep my credit of $7500 after cancellation of the previous trip and I can't get through to rebook my holidays for another time. I'm unable to do it online because it doesn't show my credit. I've been trying to call for the past month sometimes waiting 6 hours on hold with no final connection. It is the worst experience I have ever had with a tour company and I travel a lot. I regret my decision to chose this company as a trip provider and it is shameful for Air Canada, national flag carrier, to be represented and associated with such an unprofessional agency giving them the worst reputation around the world.

Air Canada Company Information