2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.5/5 (209 ratings)

About Air Canada

Air Canada Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?

Original review: March 14, 2020

My driver had dropped me off at LAX and I realized I left my passport at home on the counter. Made arrangements for a friend to bring me my passport but because I had a copy the Canadian airline rep checked me in which one suitcase so as soon as my passport arrived I could get through security and onto the plane leaving for Portugal. I would not have made my flight if it wasn't for the kind woman who helped me.

Original review: March 10, 2020

I received my Champs hard case luggage valued at $500 destroyed from my trip from Toronto to Calgary. Air Canada will not accept my claim and they will only pay me C$ 22.70. That is a joke, ridiculous and out of this world. Their service is WORSE than even a third world country.

Original review: March 9, 2020

Big Thieves!!!! Air Canada staff is the worst. No customer Service. I was travelling From New Delhi to Toronto straight Flight last week. We dropped the baggage in between 11:15pm to 11:30pm of 3rd March for flight departing at 00:45 on March 4th, it seems we were the last customers. Air Canada Staff checked us in and mentioned flight is full so she can check in our carry on baggage. Since we were the last passenger and in rush we couldn’t say no as we were called for customs too and were delayed for flight. We gave our carry on for check in, it had my wife whole wedding jewelry sets and earrings As we just got married and we opened our carry on baggage (checked baggage) as soon as we reached Toronto airport and found out that the jewelry is stolen as we had to clear the customs at Toronto airport so had to pick our luggage to transfer from this airport to our final destination REGINA YQR.

We missed our connecting flight due to delay in reporting the whole case at Toronto Airport to Air Canada. It's been 6 Days. We haven't heard back from Air Canada yet which shows how they handle customer grievances. No communication and Zero Responsibility towards serious issues. Will never ever travel through Air Canada again. Never ever trust the staff whatever they say, it's a clear indication they are misguiding the passengers and keeping them in a dilemma by bringing last minute options where you can not understand their thought process. I will never recommend Air Canada to any friends or family.

Original review: March 4, 2020

I am a Student at Georgia Tech in Atlanta and as apart of my class we were going to Japan. I booked my flight with Air Canada early February for March 12th. I was really excited to go and to fly with air Canada. We had one layover in Toronto where we had about 6hrs to explore before we left for Japan. Due to the recent outbreak of the corona virus the school prohibited our travel. So this morning I called to cancel my flight and I waited a whole hr on hold.

Once a representative answered I explained my situation and I requested a full refund due to the fact that is is a serious health concern. The representative on the phone told me explicitly this had nothing to do with air Canada and and I would still be penalized fully and when I asked to speak to someone above him he told me that they were only going to say the same thing he said. Other students in my class that booked with Delta got a full refund almost immediately after explaining the situation. This saddens because not only will I not be going japan I will also be out almost 50% of my ticket price for a health issue I have no control over!!!

Original review: March 3, 2020

I flew Air Canada from Vancouver to Melbourne on the Dreamliner plane, direct flight. I really liked the aircarft. The Crew on the way down was adequate, not overly responsive. However the air hostesses on the way back on the 26th February were dismal to say the least. Rude, unco-operative, made the passengers feel they were an imposition. These people should at the very least be talked to. To add insult to injury the food was disgusting. This crew should be reassigned or retrained, they could not care less. As for the food from Melbourne, that supplier should be fired and a new one hired, would not feed this is to my dog. A 14 hour flight without any food was not good. I flew Air Canada because I am Canadian, but they really need to up their game.

Irene

Original review: March 2, 2020

I went on a quick business trip Feb 28 2020 from Winnipeg to Dubai and back on March 2nd all the way with Air Canada. My flight from Winnipeg to Ottawa was canceled and replaced with one to Calgary. When arrived to Calgary the one leaving to Toronto was delayed meaning I will miss my flight Toronto - Dubai so I went to the AC customer care seeking help because my overall trip was super short and missing one day would ruin the whole idea of the trip. When I got to their desk the employee there said that they couldn’t do anything with international reservations although all flights belong to AC which made me lose my mind. At the end he suggested to go to Toronto and figure it out there, I said, "Thanks for wasting my time."

I went to Toronto and the good news was that the weather was bad and all planes were grounded, so I got basically saved by god! I can confidently say that the service on board flight from Toronto to dubai was close to a nightmare. Hostesses were extremely rude, ignorant and barely showed up during the flight. Almost all toilets in economy class clogged and we couldn’t use them for the second half of the flight not mentioning the smells and garbage that was all over the plane without anyone giving a ** from the hostesses.

Coming back from dubai I used Lufthansa to Frankfurt and AC to Toronto and that was when I realized that all management of AC has to be thrown away and replaced by professionals who know how to manage their business. It’s a shame to have such a low quality service in AC while other airlines are ages ahead of us. I will never be using AC again and that’s a promise for my safety and dignity as I always prefer to be treated with respect and have my business appreciated. Shame on you AC. I have taken photos if any official would like to see how their business is being screwed up...

Original review: Feb. 27, 2020

On arriving at our final destination my husband and I got busy gathering our things so we could disembark. We had been traveling with carry on for our trip but for this last flight we had volunteered to stow it as the plane was full. We collected our luggage and got a taxi but hadn't even reached our destination before my cell phone rang. It was one of the staff from Air Canada wanting to talk to my husband, they had found his tablet that he had set down by his legs on the plane. Being it was a new tablet we were so grateful they found it and contacted us before we even had a chance to realize it was missing. We are very grateful for the awesome service.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

Hello on February 21.2020 I flew from Fort Myers to Toronto and then To Montreal. First of all the flight form Fort Myers has been cancelled. He got stuck on the airport waiting for Air Canada to provide us a hotel. After 3 hours we were told to look for a hotel on our own. All the hotels near the airport were booked. We were 4 people and we found a hotel. It was a garbage hotel. I did not sleep at all. The hotel cost us $250 US each person just to take 5 hours of sleep. When I got to the airport I called Air Canada to change a flight to Montreal to be home earlier. They changed the flight from Fort Myers to Newark then to Toronto and to Montreal.

When I arrived to Newark I did not have enough time to get my flight. Finally when I got there I was told I missed my flight. Instead to help me one of the representative of Air Canada yelled on me and tried to force me to pay $150 for a ticket change. Then she said, "I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING TODAY FLYING TO MONTREAL UNTIL NEXT DAY." I said give me anything just to leave and not to sleep again in the hotel. She said, "UNFORTUNATELY YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR A TAXI AND THE HOTEL." I insisted not to pay and not to leave until they find me something. Finally they did. I got a ticket to Toronto and then to Montreal.

When I got to Toronto again I did not have enough time to change the plane. I ran not to miss my flight. When I looked on my ticket there was not a gate number. I stopped to ask a question to one of the Air Canada employee. I said "I am sorry. Can you help me? My flight is departing soon and I will miss my flight." He said "it's good". He did not help me at all. I do not understand why Air Canada keeps this people. I have missed my business meeting for next day. It took me 24 hours to get to Montreal. I am disappointed that Air Canada could not provide a hotel for their passengers.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

DELAY IN RECEIPT OF CHECKED IN BAGGAGE - CAS-** 1 This post is related to 'Delay in Receipt of Checked in Baggage' and the inconvenience and mental turmoil due to delay in delivery of my baggage. 2 I had travelled by Air Canada Flight AC 042, Toronto-Delhi on 09 Feb. My PNR No was ** and my e-ticket No was **. 3 On reaching Delhi on 10 Feb 2020 it transpired that the baggage of all the passengers had been off-loaded at Toronto itself prior to takeoff due to some technical reason.

4 Further, at Delhi (destination), all passengers were told to fill in a form regarding personal/baggage details and address. No PIR Number was provided to us though a copy of an unsigned/unstamped 'PIR Form' with passenger and baggage details was given to all passengers, signed by the passenger himself!! 5 Ultimately, one bag of checked in luggage was received on 18 Feb at 1130 AM and the second bag on 19 Feb at 2030 PM. 6 In the event, the 'Baggage Delay Claim' on the Air Canada website cannot be progressed as the drop down menu for 'DELAYED BAGGAGE' demands a PIR No! And the worst is that no working telephone number or e-mail address of any Air Canada official is available.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2020

I waited online for 1.5 hours this morning to talk to rep, who was unable to rebook me on a flight from a different airport that was 40 miles away because it was outside the allowance radius of Air Canada. I'm trying to rebook because my original flight was changed 7 hours earlier. I then had to call back later since my call dropped, waited for another hour to talk to another representative who was unable to help me. They put me on a waitlist that cleared, that then they told me I had to pay to make the change. There was no lead escalation procedure in place. Unbelievable, I will never book Air Canada again.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

This is a formal complaint about my flight # 1626, on Air Canada, on Thurs Nov 21, 2019. Firstly, let me say that I have never put a complaint in with AC, only once with USAirways from Athens to D.C. That resulted in some justice for me, as it was due to an incompetent female flight attendant, as the passengers noticed as well. She was grounded as the US airways rep informed me over a 2 month verbal/email conversation with them as well as a flight coupon for me of $350.US. Never had an issue before or since then with staff until now.

Flight attendants on flights are to be respected by all passengers as they are confined with hundreds of people from global entities. They act like waiters/managers/public servants/police guardians to a degree. Most passengers would agree on this matter. So, from the get go, they have our respect, and as such we always ask them first about leaving our seats for a bathroom moment [as many of us older folk need more often], even when the seat belt light is on. But they also need to understand us too as passengers. Always a two way street on that front.

This flight I took to Fort Lauderdale, Florida to my condo there during US Thanksgiving week was almost a full flight. It was delayed due to mechanical failure system, and I believe another plane came in to take us to Florida. Initial flight was appx 18:00, but bumped to maybe 19:30. No issues, we get all that. I always request an aisle seat due to needing the rest room every hour, so I sat at 33F.

From the get go, 4 Quebecois males, appx 35-40 years old, sat right behind me. 3 behind me, and 1 to my right across the aisle. All very loud and chatty like college fraternity boys. Muscular and cynical in their dialogue, and quite rogue and rambunctious with their vocals and body language. Extremely loud that they were heard to the front and back of the plane, no matter how far one was away from their presence. Shy of having a bullhorn loudness, their natural deep voices over lapped one another the second they sat down. I was sure after 20 mins or so, they would calm down and rest or read a bit for the next 3 hours. I was so wrong about that. They appeared to be intoxicated, as the poor senior Indian woman gestured to me often, 2 seats over. The only middle seat empty was next to me weirdly enough. Otherwise full. I gave them looks to calm down and hand gesture too, but they blew me off.

They got sooo loud within an hour of flight and then started pounded my seat from the back like I was to fall forward. The reminence of this affected the old non English speaking Indian lady and looked to me for help. She must have been 75 years old. I got up to complaint to the young ** female stewardess, and the young Filipino steward who were on cafe cart duty now. I told them the whole story and how the other passengers started to talk and complain among themselves too. I became the ring leader as I was the most affected by this, like I was in a bumper car. [They were doing it on purpose to rouse me up]. The female steward after a while came to ask them to lower their voices, and they mockingly obliged.

They continued without care. And both the stewards kept serving farther down the aisle past us all. I got up again minutes later and told the male steward that this raucous needs to stop. I told him I will confront them and voice my attitude if they can't control this endless screeching between each other, and kicking my seat all the while. The Filipino steward told me he would go back and ask them to quiet it down. Also, told me I should look for an empty seat at the back of the plane if it bothers me so much. What a mean person! That was his first wrong response to a passenger.

I told him, I do not want to disrupt the other passengers with a strong verbal confrontation with these 4 clowns, who seem to be tipsy as very least. I told him it was his job to keep the peace on the plane and he should deal with it. I didn't want a social media cell phone frenzy to break out as we have all seen on other flights. It would be uncalled for. These 4 big body built boys were into making a scene, and teased me, and even spoke to me about bull just to rouse me up.

I could barely contain my temper at this point, 2 hours into this flight. Again, I got up and spoke to the young same male [with 2 diamond stud ear rings]. It was very distinct. I will never forget his look or the ear rings. He went back to speak with them, and spoke fluent Quebecois French with them to calm them down. They did some small talk as the steward crouched down to talk with them. The loudest one next to me, across the aisle convinced the very smitten male steward to be able to buy drinks 2 hours into a 3 hour flight. The steward agreed [as if it would calm him down]. He came back with 4 small gin bottles and tonic just for him alone, and gave him one extra as a comp. [He didn't know that I spoke French, but I never let that show]. The loud dude paid for it with a credit card, so it is on record btw!! Just in case the young male steward denies it. It is on AC invoice.

I was stunned! I got up again and told the steward that this is of poor legal judgment to serve 4 gin & tonics with only one hour remaining on flight. He told me that he was sure he wasn't going to drink them all and would take them with him to his destination. I told him, he is way wrong as these guys are body builder types and seem like professional party drinkers to me, and to all of us passengers affected by their insanely loud vocals. He told me the flight is almost over, and apologized and nothing more. What an incompetent flight attendant. Is this the training Air Canada has for their staff?.

To serve 4 full on drinks to one guy, let alone the others behind me. I was not sure how many they had, as I didn't want to keep looking over, cause they started to shove their muzzle between the seats by now with silly comments. I was again about to smack one out, but knew it would turn sooo disruptive, and decided to keep the peace but to file a formal complaint about it.

In addition, in row 32 in front of me was a young couple with a baby taking up that row. They were frightened by this ordeal, and also looked to me for help. I was the to go to guy here, but didn't want their new born baby to freak out, so I kept quiet. This is far too much for a passenger to yield about when flying to any destination. These people behind me should have been dispersed throughout the plane by the chief steward. It was never brought to their attention. This young male steward was too chummy with these guys, as they worked him over with their charm in French. All handsome and teasing like.

I heard them say that they were all driving to Miami upon arrival. But they were drunk and said they had no luggage, just carry ons, and were there only for the weekend to party hardy they said often. I heard all of it. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that you should not serve at least 4 gin & tonics one hour before landing to one person yet!!! This flighty flight attendant did not have proper judgement in his job. If these guys drove and injury or death occurred, Air Canada is responsible. I am a witness to it, and were many other passengers. The Filipino steward had no control over this situation, and basically blew me off too. I am twice his age and have lived in various cities and am in media and producer.

I couldn't have been more polite or caring for the larger picture in this scenario. In addition, I had worked in the hospitality biz for 12 years in 3 countries, and currently hold shares in 2 restaurants in both Toronto & Los Angeles. I am well aware of the laws and rules in this biz, and am a dual citizen and travel with my Nexus card across the borders. I complained about this to a very nice, and sympathetic flight attendant on my flight back and she gave me the AC complaint card, and totally understood my point. She knew who I was talking about, when mentioning the Filipino, Quebecois steward, but could not comment.

That flight back was AC # 1629, Fri Nov 29, 2019. Departing Lauderdale appx 19:30. I had no issues on that flight. As one would expect. A typical quiet flight which we all expect, except for children crying, which is part of life itself. I could not write this sooner as I had lots of work to do up until Xmas season, like all of us. So, I am now telling you about this story. I am still livid about this silly steward not taking control of this situation with a few complaints and serving that much alcohol to one male already tipsy as it were. He is not fit to serve for an airline in my opinion.

It was the worst flight ever for me and this poor woman next to me, was almost in tears over this situation. This is unacceptable on any flight. Management should have stepped in to calm it all down. And NO alcohol should have been served to these clowns around me. Not sure how they made it to their hotel, but if anything coincides with this event, it falls back on this steward as I see it. I am a very diligent person with my work and life style, and only expect a quiet flight with decent service. Nothing more. I did not pay for upgrades, and didn't think I needed to on a 3 hour flight.

The young female flight attendant has my biz card, as I told her I would formally complain, once I had a chance to write it all down. She assured me that customer complaints will be responded within 2-3 business days. I will hold her to this. I expect to hear from you soon, and see what you think, and if you also think a reasonable compensation for this flight is in order. I have held back to post this or contact my friends in media in toronto, until I hear back from you on this matter. Also, not good to read that AC is on the bottom list of customer service this month.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Alert – Air Canada treats Aeroplan members as second class citizens. I am posting this warning to all those you fly with Air Canada and who use air miles to book flights. Air Canada clearly discriminates amongst its passengers. This is now my second experience and hence definitive confirmation of these discriminatory practices.

I recently booked a flight to Europe from Toronto using my aeroplan miles. Upon booking my 2 flights I went through the seat selection process, selected seats and paid $125 each for that privilege. The payment was processed by Air Canada and written confirmation received of those specific seat allocations via email. Weeks later I received an “Air Canada – SEAT CHANGE” notification, arbitrarily moving our seats from Row 18 (seats bought and paid for – for extra legroom due to a leg issue I have) to Row 33 … and then said I would be refunded the seat selection fees. Completely arbitrary and not honoring the initial seat purchase!

Since this was the second time this has happened to me, (the first time being much worse, which I will explain later on in this message) I had to speak out. I immediately emailed Air Canada after trying to get a hold of their customer service Dept – advised by automated call that the wait time was more than 1.5 hrs...really? Maybe this is a factor of the significant quantum of customer complaint volume… I digress.

I then received the token automated response to my submission form Air Canada .. “We will address your concern within 30 days”. Hence my public action here! As noted this is the second time this has happened... In 2018, on flights to/from Miami for attending a family wedding, I had booked 4 seats using Aeroplan miles and paid full fare for one seat (full fare seat for my disabled father) in upgraded seating. We booked almost 8 months in advance, with the expressed purpose of early booking, being getting our seats assigned together so as to assist my disabled father on/off the plan and supporting him during the flights. Eight months early!

All our seat selections were confirmed in writing to us by Air Canada at that time. Again, just before the flight (a week before) we get a notification that our seats were changed. Let me clarify this point…only our Aeroplan booked seats were changed! Not my father’s full fare seat! I called to complain, they said it just happens. It was too close to the flight to seek any other remedy. In the end, it left us sitting in the back of the plane and my father sitting alone with strangers and without support to deal with his disability! Unbelievable!

After our return, I complained through proper AC channels to ascertain the genesis of the change notice, highlighting the blatant fact that only the sets booked with air miles were changed and not full fare seat. The AC response again was, it happens! They offered me a 25%discount coupon for a future flight… I don’t want coupons! I want honest, fair and non-discriminatory service from a Canadian company. Disgraceful!

Now this has happened again... and cannot stay silent as it is now clear beyond any doubt that Air Canada discriminates against its passengers… There is one level of service for full fare passengers and another for Aeroplan members who use air miles to book flights. I encourage all others who have experienced this type of discriminatory treat to rise up and make Air Canada take notice and correct their discriminatory business practices. Please share your experiences on this page and other public forums. It is my intent to relentless pursue a call to action by all Air Canada passengers to demand equality of treatment.

I have made Air Canada aware of my intention to raise public awareness in any and all public platforms until they address and abandon these discriminatory trade practices. Join me in this public action! To date I have yet to receive a response from AC…clearly they don’t care! So here comes letters to editors, all major news outlets, TV, social media, etc…

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I Booked a seat on Air Canada Flight AC22 returning from Toronto to Halifax, Feb 3, seat#16A Window with Legroom, which I paid $45 extra for in the Economy class. When I got to my seat there was no phone charger to charge my iPhone in front of me. The charger is usually in the back of the seat in front, but it wasn't. My complaint is that If I could have been informed of this ahead of time, that I'm paying for seat that has no phone charger, that would have been ideal. I did manage to complain to the airline attendants in flight and he and she both offered me a seat on the other side, which was nice, but I still paid $45 for a seat that had no charger. So my review is not good for this reason. Cheers.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

After my flight was canceled I complained and received credit towards my next flight. I could only use this coupon if I called AirCanada to book the flight but each time I called they were either not accepting calls at all, or there was a 4-hour wait. After a week this was reduced to an 1-hour rate and managed to get through. Apparently, they changed their call system back in November which is causing the long hold times.

Air Canada if you are reading this: 1) Why would you issue credits that you can only use by contacting Air Canada by phone knowing you have this problem? 2) Why is this problem still not sorted? With regard to the ongoing line ups at the airport when flights are delayed 1) Why do you not look at the weather forecast and hire more ground staff when there will be likely delays or at least have some staff on standby? If you are unlucky enough to experience and problems with Air Canada they are virtually uncontactable both by phone and expect long line ups if your flight is canceled or delayed. Basically avoid booking with Air Canada whenever you can as Customer Service I would rate as 0, through terrible management.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I was scheduled to take flight 114 from Vancouver to Toronto at 12 pm on Feb. 4th, 2020. First delay postponed it to 1220. Second until 1300 hrs. After another delay and deicing we did not lift off until 1400ish hrs. However, this was NOT due to weather as the snow never got better. Then once we arrived, late, to Toronto their entire customer service team was terrible. All rude and unprofessional. Is it policy for their customer service reps not to give their names when asked? How am I supposed to know who I am dealing with if not?

The 5'9 brunette who handed out tickets to those waiting in line was the worst. Over 45 minutes was spent in line after getting off the flight. All she was good for was telling us that no hotel or compensation would be provided for those on the flight. Now here I am sitting on the floor, unable to get hot food because everything is closed. When I asked to speak with a manager, another rep said that manager "Paul" would not be coming to speak with anyone else from that flight about anything. Is that also Air Canada policy for a manager to hide from paying customers when called upon? To not be bothered with people's problems? That's not how you treat paying customers and it's certainly not how you treat people. I should have been touching down in Orlando at 2345 and now I won't be back in the US until who knows when on 2/5/20!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

HORRIBLE! I required clarification on a matter regarding a flight from Hanoi to Vancouver. The online customer support continually avoided answering my question and her response was very non-committal and rude. Phone service....good luck! They want the customer to only call 24 hours before their flight....but you still can't get through to anyone! Past experiences (forced to fly with them due to my companies contract with AC) has me avoiding Air Canada. Unfortunately due to my circumstance I have to fly with them once again. Avoid this airline like the plague! Horrible pre-flight customer support, stewardesses with attitudes....this warning comes from having flown with them several times.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2020

On Jan. 11, 2020 we flew AC968 to Exuma Bahama. I thought I heard all the excuse for delay a fly, this time is: pilot announced there is a crew change and left, but new crew never came. After approx. one hour later, fly attendant announced fly was cancelled until next day. Air Canada actually email us and tell us the reason they canceled the fly was because “Malfunction/technical fault”. Did they forget there were many passengers heard and saw everything? The only reason they lied is because they tried not to compensation us which is $1000 per person according to their regulation (fly disruption for 9+ hours entitle for $1000 per person). When can Air Canada honestly admit their mistake?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

To make a long story short, Aircanada delayed our bags for 6 days during our visit to Italy a month ago. We did everything we were supposed to do, filed for delayed bags, claims forms, contacting everyone we were supposed to contact. We never had any real communication from the airline except auto generated messages and customer service people who know no more than we do. Not knowing whether our bags will be returned, we had to make purchases to survive the week in a very expensive foreign country. We literally had to buy everything!!! From toothbrushes to coats and luggage for three adults!

After a month's wait, guess how much we got, 86 dollars!!! We spent more than 800 bucks and provided them with itemized receipts!! The agony and stress caused by the ** airline completely ruined our vacation. Instead of touring Italy, we had to spend days looking for necessities in touristy places using public transportation! Please do not fly this airline if you have a choice, unless you want to go through what we did. Their management does not care at all! The lack of empathy is beyond believe!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Air Canada have still not sorted out their problem with Contact Center. I have been on hold for two hours now. I usually do all my bookings and cancellation on line but as one of the tickets in on points I cannot. Also on this ticket and a previous one they changed the flight time etc many time, making it impossible to make arrangements on arrival. I urge everyone to avoid Air Canada until they have sorted out their problems! I have always been an avid Air Canada supporter for years. But would like to warn people temporarily to watch out.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Received an email late the night before a flight to Chicago, which informed me I was taking 3 flights (no longer just one) to get there, and it would take 24 hours (not 3) to get there. The massive delay meant I missed my appointments entirely. Tried to phone and, of course, could not get through their horrible system (was on hold 2 hours before giving up). Finally booked on another airline, direct, no problem. AC employees (when inquiring about refund or credit) are rude and clueless, partly I'm sure because their system is so bad they are getting abuse constantly. Avoid this airline at all costs!!!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

We recently missed our connecting flight from Toronto to Cincinnati because we sat on the runway for over an hour trying to get into a gate. When we asked the flight attendant what they would do about our missed connection, she told us there would be someone waiting to meet the flight that would have all of the information to get us re-booked.

When we finally got off the plane, there was an agent, but she had no information and told us there would be a counter with someone to help us. Then we had to go retrieve our luggage and clear Canadian customs to even get to a counter. There was a long line there, which we were told we had to wait in to get a hotel voucher but they would not be re-booking any flights. She told us we had to call a # on the card -- several other people in line said they had been waiting over 2 hours calling that # and then it hung up on them.

We waited 1/2 hr in the line and were given a hotel voucher and again told they wouldn't re-book our flights. We even spoke to a manager. This was appalling customer service to stand in line, be at an Air Canada customer service desk and told we had to call and hope we got through to this number to get a new flight. No one seemed to care that this was poor customer service. Everyone in line was upset and the manager just shrugged it off. We had to wait until we got to the hotel to get on their wifi to make a call because we don't have international calling plans because we weren't supposed to be in Canada for anything more than the layover.

It took us over 2 hours to get through to someone, and was 2:20AM before we could get our flight re-booked (our flight was originally supposed to land at 6pm). I understand there are weather delays and issues, but I can't believe the way it was handled. Our plane was able to land at the airport, and our connecting flight was able to take off, but due to landing delays and sitting on the tarmac for over an hour, we missed it. Then, you added insult to injury by the way we had to go about re-booking it. This is the first time we have flown Air Canada, and based on the experience we had, it will likely be our last.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

I had the worst experience ever. I was on a journey back home and had lots of stress so I needed my travel journey to be smooth. As I arrived at the check in assistance in Winnipeg to begin my journey Kim the agent greeted me so poorly and spoke with so much attitude and disrespect. She was so impatient and asked me to speak only when told to. Kim is the worse agent at the desk in Winnipeg, Mb and a very bad agent to be in the Air Canada team. She had given me terrible service and kept me standing with her for an hour. She was not trying to Understand my problem but rather give me unnecessary information. I almost cancelled my whole trip and was in tears because of how I was treated by her.

My flight was delayed from Toronto and she kept asking me to call the call center for interruption in flight rather than try to get me into another flight or give me a better solution. I'm very very very disappointed in Air Canada to have such a unprofessional member on their Team. Kim should not be allowed to work at the desk as she does not have a positive attitude or a good work ethic.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I called Air Canada on December 11 and was on hold for almost 2 hours. When I finally got through I explained the situation and spoke with a very friendly and helpful agent. I was offered a credit as our flight could not be cancelled and refunded. Shortly after I received a call back and was told due to the new regulations a full refund would be issued as air Canada had changed the flight from the original we booked and now requiring an overnight layover. I was told the refund would be processed to the same cc it was charged on. That was a month ago.

I have tried calling again. Twice I was on hold over an hour and had things to do so had to hang up. There is no option for a call back so the only way to get through is to be on hold for over an hour minimum. I emailed twice. No response. Basically there is absolutely no way to get through to them. Sadly the agent I spoke to was great but I have to give air Canada a zero. Do they want customers? Because clearly this is not how it seems. We travel a lot as we are both semi retired and always fly business or first class. They seem to not want our business as we do not even warrant a call or email back. This is probably the worst customer service experienced from any supposedly reputable company we have ever dealt with.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Was on the tarmac for 2 hrs and then the flight was cancelled re: fog. Fair enough. But the rescheduling for flight was a nightmare. 2 days later and no compensation. Never will I fly Air Canada. My booked flight was only 1h. My rescheduled flight was a 6hr, 1 stop flight 2 days later. And here's the worst part. When I got off the plane to go to reschedule the flight, the attendant said go to the AC desk and the lady will answer all questions. A dozen of us waited there for 1 5hrs and no one showed...and they were in the back office. They 100% lied and 100% did not want to deal with unhappy customers.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

It's been many times now that Air Canada makes mistakes in getting me my vegan meal. This time, I booked the meal three months in advance, and they informed me they never got the reservation. Now, I'm trying to contact them on the return flight, but their phone wait times are one hour. I can't contact them any other way online. Like, come on. Get with the past 20 years of technology, and don't let people book a meal if they wont get it, because you'll have an especially hungry customer on your airline. Now, I'm going to need to take food onto the plane (again), to hedge against almost guaranteed incompetence.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2020

I had an absolutely horrible experience with #aircanada. My kids were flying from Vancouver to Raleigh with a stopover in Toronto on December 31, 2019. One is only 13 years old and the other is his first time flying without parents and taking care of his little brother. After 2 gate changes their flight AC7918 was cancelled due to “crew constraints”. What does that even mean?!? They waited in line for a total of 4 hours to talk to the gate agent. I am not even overexaggerating. About 2 hours into the wait the man in front of them asked if they could get a manager out there because they have been waiting for 2 hours. The man wasn’t even yelling. He was just frustrated and wanted to get the line moving. The gate agent threatened to call the police on him. My kids saw that and were scared of saying anything.

When they finally got to the front of the line on New Year's #happynewyear they were told they were booked for a flight on January 3rd now. That is 3 days later. They were told they have a free hotel stay for ONE night and food vouchers for restaurants that are no longer open. They were told if they want an earlier flight they would have to call a number. They tried and were unable to reach anyone. One time it was called there was over a 1 hour wait to talk to a human. Are they supposed to sleep in the airport like the movie The Terminal.

Needless to say, as parent we reached out to another airline, fork out around $657 and booked them on a flight home the following day. They are currently in air flying home. Never again will I ever fly #aircanada, never again will I subject any of my family members to fly #aircanada. If anyone is thinking of flying #aircanada I will share my story. Total cost for original flight: $1518.38 Total cost to rebook on Delta: $657.52 Total cost to learn that we should never fly with @aircanada in fear of needing therapy prior to going on another flight #priceless.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

Air Canada is like a scammer!! A promotional fare in March 2019 SFO YVR TPE round trip business class, changeable and refundable with a fee USD150 was published. Stupid me bought it to fly in January 2020. Of course ticket and receipt were sent via email. By November the BOEING MAX problems caused AC to change their schedule at least 10 times. Their flights no longer work for me so I called to cancel, paying penalty. Email confirmation was never received. So I got worried. Somehow their phone system stopped working as well, holding time is always about an hour. I understand my refund could be lost totally so I went online to request a ticket refund. Air Canada is a mess. Not trustworthy at all. I’ll avoid them at all cost. Since my last online request, further inquiry was to no avail because my ticket confirmation number already disappeared. Online review shows their refund can take up a year? What a scam!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I flew last night from Mexico city via Toronto to Regina, Air Canada flight from Mexico city was delayed, so I lost my flight to Regina, then they change my flight and sent me to Regina via Winnipeg so I can make it on time and spend Christmas eve with my family, so I'm stuck in Winnipeg with another 4 hours delayed flight to Regina, zero helpful, staff has the worst attitude ever, I traveled the world with different airlines and no airline ever has this awful service, do not fly Air Canada and save yourself a hassle, I’m never doing it again!!!!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I am currently on my return leg home with my service dog in Frankfurt. Connecting from a Lufthansa flight. The ground staff made a huge mess about my dog being on cabin even though he was brought on cabin on AC flights. They were unbelievably dismissive and rude causing an anxiety attack. As a Canadian I am appalled by the treatment my own country's airline gives. Will never ever fly with them again. Lastly the dog in question is my service animal.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Internships, Scholars and foreign students in US, DON'T TAKE this airline, high risk to lose your ticket. Our lawful status in the US is through forms (DS2010, i20...), and same with an expired US foil (stamps) in your passport, you have a lawful presence in the US. The problem is that AIR CANADA (and Canada country) uses your US foil to give yOu permission to have a trip to your country of citizenship. In my case, I bought a ticket from Air Canada from RDU (US) to Brazil (my country of citizenship), and they did not permit me to take the flight. I was in a lawful presence in the US (with form DS2019). US foreign students and scholars, AVOID Air Canada.

Air Canada Company Information