3.36/5

483 Air Canada Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 26, 2019

Once when my son was a baby I was coming back from an international flight. It was in year 2000 if not mistaken. My flight touched down in Toronto then from there to the final destination Vancouver BC. I ran out of milk for my son while flying from Toronto to Vancouver. I requested for some milk in his baby bottle. The staff came back with only quarter filled and said that they have ran out of milk so they only have this much to give pointing to the bottle. At that time I was young. Had no idea what to say. Kept quiet. Accepted it but my baby was hungry and was restless throughout the flight, even though I was trying to give him his baby biscuit to chew on. Then I just filled the bottle with water and some sugar to make him feel better. Now I question, why they didn't have milk? They should have had and I paid for my ticket esp international flight. Why did I have to suffer with my baby?

With this latest Yellowknife chaperone story being kicked out of the flight, it seems Air Canada had never improved on its services or its staff, even after more than a decade. I believe these ladies' story because if they had made an issue of their concern, we would have seen videos on social media. Its absence tells me they definitely didn't make an issue, yet were kicked out, is wrong. I like the suggestion of having body cam to remove the "he said she said" quandary and to have proper justice. But lastly and never the least, these women deserved what happened to them because to begin with they did wrong when they decided to use innocent students' fundraised money for their luxury. Thank you for reading, appreciate.

Original review: July 24, 2019

Worst airline. Bad customer service. I would never recommend this airline to anyone. I was traveling from DEL to EWR and they didn't allow to board the flight because I didn't had the eTA to Canada. Even after getting an eTA online within an hour they didn't accommodate me in another flight. Worst service and experience.

Original review: July 22, 2019

Air Canada sent me an email offering a Canada Day Sale. What I didn't find out until I received my credit card bill was I was billed in US $. I live in Canada, I am Canadian, this is a Canadian company and yet Air Canada chose to up their fair in a very sneaky fashion. To add insult to injury they also changed my flight times so now my flight begins after midnight in Toronto with a 6 hour layover in Montreal. Not even enough time to book a hotel, so I guess we try to sleep while sitting in an uncomfortable airport. What a way to treat two seniors. Would I fly Air Canada again or ever recommend it? What do you think?

Original review: July 21, 2019

I am required to give them 1 star min., but prefer to give a zero rating. I Purchased preferred seats to sit near grandchildren. Received different seats at the back of the plane at the time of check-in. Gate agent only said that someone else purchased these seats before we did. Hmmm, I can understand overbooking to fill a flight, but I do not understand overselling preferred seats, collecting these fees, and then reassigning passengers (last minute) to one of the least desired seats on the plane. There is more to say about this awful experience, but for now, I have started with requesting a refund of the preferred seat fee. The worst flight experience of my entire life, hands down. I do have documentation of this experience that I intend to file with the appropriate agencies.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I booked and paid for a direct flight with Air Canada so I would arrive at my destination in 16 hours (1 day). They then turned around and added a 5 hour layover. I now arrive at my destination a day late and received no compensation. Now, they have done the same to my direct flight back home. I now arrive a day late, have a long layover and again no compensation. I have emailed them because this is getting ridiculous to which I receive no response. I have now received over 6 itinerary changes since I booked what used to be my direct flight with them, yet they that continue to add layovers, increase the layover time and lengthen my time to getting to my destination and home while providing me with NO compensation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?

Original review: July 12, 2019

Do not flight via Air Canada, they have the worst service throughout my flight experience with them. The stinky washrooms, the food was stale and filthy seats. Not only that they have increased the luggage fee and for international flights they are allowing just 1 bag and the 2nd bag is $100. How ridiculous is that! They rip off people very well. Wish they get some competitors who can stop their business. I wonder how they pass all regulations. I'm done with Air Canada and wish I can sue them for making my trip a nightmare. Worst Worst Experience, Ugh!

Original review: July 12, 2019

I made a reservation in Feb 2019 to fly in Aug 19. Flight left at 6 AM. Premium Class. When I went to website today to check on the reservation, I was in economy on a flight at 7:30 PM!!!! After holding ONE HR to get someone in reservations, they told me that the original flight had been canceled. They had never emailed me or called me about the change. They had no explanation and weren't the least bit concerned that they had totally hung me out to dry. There were no supervisors I could speak with and I was told they don't speak to people anyway. I found some officer's contact info on internet and emailed them. They contacted me back almost immediately to basically say TOO BAD. They had 2 people call me back and neither was at all helpful and the 2nd one was quite rude. I don't know how they stay in business. STAY AWAY FROM THIS AIRLINE..

Original review: July 11, 2019

I travel a lot but this was my first time to fly on Air Canada and definitely will be the last. I had two of my baggage delayed for 4 days while I was told I should get them in 24-48 hrs. Me and my daughter had all our necessities in these baggage. After 24 hours when I kept calling and complaining, Air Canada agent told me that I can go ahead and buy what I need and they will compensate me 4150 for the first day and $50 for each day afterward till I receive my baggage. I got what I and my daughter need then I sent them the receipts as I was told by their agent via Air Canada web site under. It is been 3 days so far since I sent them the receipts and I did hear back from them at all. They are big liars and they don't do what they say. This airline has the worst service I ever had and I do not recommend anybody to use it.

Original review: July 9, 2019

We had the worst experience flying Air Canada/United for our honeymoon. The day we planned to take off we found out that Air Canada/United completed dropped my husband's flight. Our flight was changed four days prior to us leaving and during that change they just dropped it without any notification. We didn’t find out until we were checking into MSP airport. We had our ticket and confirm numbers but they didn’t have him in their system. Our travel agency was on the phone with Air Canada/United for 11 hours trying to get my husband on the next flight out so I wouldn’t be spending my honeymoon by myself.

Air Canada/United didn’t want to take fault for their mistake so they waited 27 hours later to buy my husband a ticket because that was the cheapest one they could find. I had to fly by myself with three connecting flights all the way to Lisbon, Portugal on my honeymoon. I didn’t get to see my husband until two days later because of their mistake. It’s very unfortunate that we had to lose two days of our honeymoon and activities because of their mistake. I will never fly Air Canada/United again.

Original review: July 7, 2019

Early June I booked a flight from Vancouver to Dallas. Cancelled within 24 hours and refund never came. I made 2 phone calls, with waiting time from 20 minutes up to 3 hours without the option of a call back, only to be told that I would have to make my request thru their website, but is very complicated. 4 weeks later I a refund for most except the $25.00 upgraded seat, I have made additional request over a week ago with no response. It should not be this difficult to get a simple refund. It has taken me 6 emails and 2 lengthy calls. Their system is broken. I feel they make it difficult so people would give up and they their money. It's the principle for me so picked on the wrong person.

Air Canada Company Information