2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.7/5 (320 ratings)

About Air Canada

Air Canada Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air Canada?

Original review: July 16, 2021

Air Canada is the worst airline in the planet. I don't recommend this airline for everyone at all. We booked a trip from LAX- FRA transit through Canada airport, when we arrive at the airport in Los Angeles they asked for Canadian Visa, eTA or transit visa, to allow us to get onboard. That wasn't mentioned when we purchased the tickets. Also our flight is transit. We are not going to exit the airport gate. The representative in Los Angeles airport was rude and unhelpful at all, she called the security when many customers who have same situation talked to her. ETA form only for USA citizens, and the processing time of transit visa is 97 days. Our flight was canceled and they refused to refund. Air Canada is scamming customers money, they never refund. They stole our money. Customers service center is miserable and they don't help at all.

Original review: June 19, 2021

I had a flight from Vancouver to San Francisco and when I arrived at the airport, I was told I needed a negative Covid test taken within 72 hours to fly. Not once in any email from Air Canada did they tell me that this was a current requirement to leave. I canceled my flight and was walking out of the airport when I heard from another passenger who was desperate to get on a flight to Chicago that night that there was a covid testing company about 300 yards away from the Air Canada counter! I could’ve gotten my results within 15 minutes. Air Canada staff never told me about it, they were totally unhelpful and honestly did not care at all about their customers. I didn’t even know it existed. They were passive and withheld this resource from me.

The next day, I booked a flight with United and told them about my experience with Air Canada. And they said they are the only government funded airline in the country and there’s no competition in Canada. The staff are known for not caring at all about the well being of their customers and are just waiting to get their pensions once they retire. I will never spend my dollars on them again.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I booked a round trip business class trip from Seattle to Singapore and back. After I completed my flight to Singapore, Air Canada cancelled the flight from Singapore to Seattle. They are refusing any refund saying the flight is non refundable and I can accept a voucher for a future flight. However, I do not plan to travel to Singapore again that makes this voucher invalid. Plus I now need to buy a ticket back to Seattle that I will need to pay for. How is this legal as they are not providing the service they accepted payment for and there is no change on my end.

Original review: April 1, 2021

I feel safe in an Air Canada plane and the steward service is most often good, however the very small space between the seats is crazy. I most often fly in 1st or Business class for internationals flights, however I use regular cabin seats for domestic flights. Two things about Air Canada that constantly upsets me is the set spacing and the Nickel & dime charges for luggage which has become standard for most airlines.

Original review: March 23, 2021

In January 2021 we flew with Air Canada from Calgary to Montreal. From Montreal we were supposed to fly to Costa Rica. We includes myself pregnant with our first baby, husband, and 5 animals. When we were on the flight to Costa Rica we were told to get off the plane and that they overbooked the flight. We were very upset, but the Customer Service manager told us that we would get reimbursed for the following costs: animal check-ups and vaccines, Airbnb charges that were non-refundable, COVID insurance, and any other costs that were the result of their mistake.

During telling us this she asked us inappropriate questions like, "Did you really think that you were going to fly with all 5 animals?" We had all of the animals booked by our travel agent long before the flight...We had to fly back to Calgary that same day as they also decided we were not going to stay in a hotel. Since then Customer Relations has returned a portion of the money, but only about 1/4 of what their mistake cost us. I asked them to speak to the Customer Service manager who told us we would receive a return for all of our costs and we were told that she never told us that we would. It is unbelievable to treat customers like this. We asked Customer Relations if they also interviewed the staff member that heard the manager tell us all costs would be covered and they are ignoring our messages.

We will never fly with Air Canada again and strongly advise that other people do not either as they are not honest and can seriously put your animals in danger. During the whole episode in Montreal our dog was left out in a snowstorm for close to 1.5 hours. When we got her back she and her kennel were soaked. We are looking for some ideas about what next steps to take to get completely reimbursed for this nightmare.

Original review: March 18, 2021

Great airline and I would do business with them in the future. Great people and an overall pleasant experience. Wish I could fly with them everyday every year. Friendly pilots and stewardess that give the way of flying a comfortable ride in the sky.

Original review: March 17, 2021

And the staff are wonderful. They're very helpful. Great service. Very clean. Good to children. They greet you as you enter then give the child something to play with and when my card didn't work on the airline they gave my child something to eat.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

My sister and I bought a ticket last year to celebrate with a trip our graduations (with optimism and thinking this COVID was not gonna mess without plans. How wrong we were). Last month we received a mail from @AirCanada saying that they cancelled our flight. When we called to get a refund they told us they only gave travel voucher or miles. So, we wrote to customer service.

They refunded Hers but not mine. So I wrote them again, this time they replied and said that my ticket was non refundable when I countered that they refunded my sisters which was the same fare, same destination, same day, same everything they told me they couldn’t discuss other people cases. They replied that they feel ok with the decision to refund Hers and not mine. Terrible customer service they have mi $700 on their side and my graduation trip in pieces. I would NOT recommend this airline or their customer service. And if you have no other choice then ver very careful.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Air Canada canceled my flight and offer me no expiry date credit voucher, they said only wait up to 6 weeks, I called them after 3 months, the representative said due to technical issues, they don’t know how much longer it will takes, so Air Canada is scamming everyone money, never trust this company no matter how much discount they offering or you will lost money!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2021

I had a ticket for the 28th December to travel to Vancouver/ Canada which was cancelled, I went to the Heathrow airport and I was so stressed out and didn’t know what to do since the agency I bought my ticket was in canada and I Couldn’t called them. At the ticket desk someone by the name of Nazlie helped me so much, I hope the spelling of her name is correct, she changed my ticket and calmed me down so much, I really appreciated her help, it's nice to see air canada care so much and trained the staff well. Thank you.

Air Canada Company Information