2. Travel

Aeromexico Reviews

Aeromexico
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.45/5

Aeromexico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

On Sept 21st I called the reservation department at 09:25 and asked if I can book online using my voucher. This was the Canadian number and I told him that I am in Canada. I phoned to inquire as I saw on your website that if you are in the USA or Mexico then you can book online with a voucher. I wanted to clarify. The agent told me he would check and asked me to hold while he did so. He came back about 10 min later and said that yes I could. He said that he had tried himself and also asked another employee and that it can be done. I asked how and he said go to book the flight I wanted then put in my CC number and then it would ask if I had a voucher and then I would need to add my information.

Later that afternoon (13:10) I did what he instructed me to put all the information in as well as my CC but did not see the place for the voucher. Thinking it must come up on the next page I click on make the reservation. To my shock it created a whole ticket without asking for a voucher. At 13:18 I called the same number as before and told a very nice lady what had happened and she said that she could not change it and that I could not get a reversal on my CC charge till July 2021. As you can imagine I was not happy to hear that as I phone right after what had happened.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and the nice lady said she would get one. I was on hold for quite some time (27 min). There was not music or anything else so I thought I had been disconnected so I hung up and phoned back again. My call was answered at 13:58 and I talked to a gentleman for 17 min and he kept saying that I clicked on the button and created the ticket. That a supervisor wouldn't do anything. He did not care how it happened and seemed bothered that I was talking to him.

I again phoned back at 14:36 and talked to another very nice lady in the cancellation department and she also said that I could not get a refund till July 2021. She was very sympathetic but said it was out of her hands to do a credit. We discussed what could be done and she went ahead and booked the ticket for me and used the voucher. Yup not money back till July 2021 I hope but I don't trust them. The worst airline I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

On November 12 because they change my flight I call customer service who hang up on me several times and after been on the phone for 3 hours rep Claudia ** told me that on my flight round trip from Mexicali to Villahermosa here is one ticket number **. I would be able to have any seat I wanted just for 15$ for all my family for all the flights but then she told me I would have to call later because her system was down. I call later again was hang up. Spend another 3 hours and they told me it was a lie and that they could not honor that. Rest assure I will never flight again with a company that lies and hangs up on people.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I am writing to alert people to the Aeromexico refund policy. I had booked a ticket in July and called to cancel the booking well before the flight departed. When I spoke to the agent they explained that it could take up to a year to have the refund applied back to my credit card. I called back a few days later and spoke to a supervisor who told me I could expect to receive my refund within 2 months.

Fast forward 2 months and counting I have yet to receive my refund. I called again this evening and asked to speak to a supervisor after being cut off previously by a rude agent who continuously spoke over me, before allowing me to tell him why I was calling. I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor and waited on hold for 1 hour and 13 minutes before I was cut off again. Still going today November 12th 2020 an operator VICTOR RUDELY CUT THE PHONE CALL.

Canadians dont purchase any flight with this company. It's a total scam through the refund and 100% horrible with customer services beside not been able to get hold of anyone.

Only person with knowledge and outstanding customers service. It’s an operator with the name of Cesar **. Related to my experience with AEROMEXICO Refund I was calling regarding a refund that I was expecting to be applied back to my account. While speaking with the agent he kept referring to my payment on my account. Your agent hung up the phone on me and refused to allow me to finish asking my question and or explain why I was calling. He continued to talk over me and continuously talked about how I had neglected to make my payments on time. My request has nothing to do with my credit card payments.

When I called to cancel the ticket, I was told the process would take 2 months. It has been more than 2 months to receive the refund back to my credit card. No refund has been applied to my card. Are you going to be paying me interest for the delay? I will be taking this to the Canadian news and make people aware that this is a scam. You were happy to take my money to book the ticket yet expect me to wait up to a year for a refund meanwhile I’m getting charged interest for my purchases on a monthly basis. Yet, providing me with an email for your customer service rather than have a supervisor take my call?? this is an EXTREMELY poor customer service for a LARGE AIRLINE COMPANY.

Having me wait on hold for several minutes and check-in from time to time as you believe most people will hang up and say forget it just proves your customer service is extremely poor and neglectful. I have been waiting to speak to a supervisor for 1 hr and 13 minutes, (AT WHICH POINT THEY CUT ME OFF) once again, and I have proof to provide to the news STILL WAITING. I would like Aeromexico to explain publicly why, under what law/regulation they are entitled to hold a refund UP TO A YEAR without refunding credit cards along with interest back to customers. All this will be going to CBC NEW, CTV, GLOBAL & Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I had scheduled a flight for 9/7/2020 from San Antonio International Airport to Mexico City to visit my mother who has recently been experiencing respiratory and other health issues, and because of the current pandemic, it had been more than ten months since I had had an opportunity to see her. On my way to the airport that day (from more than two hours away), the right-rear tire air pressure kept dropping, which forced my driver and I to have to stop at a gas station three times to refill it with air, causing me to arrive at 12:32 PM, for my 1:30 PM flight (58 minutes before). I ran to the Aeromexico counter, passport in hand, only a small carry-on bag, with the hopes that they would override their usual policy of closing the flight one hour before departure and let me on that plane. The lady at the counter quickly turned me down, saying that I had interrupted her and was being rude, and would not even consider helping me or calling for anyone to make the smallest attempt at helping me.

When the supervisor finally came (a man named Orlando), he also dismissed me very quickly saying that the system has already been closed and there was no way for him to help me. I broke down crying and asked him when the next flight was and if he could help put me on it. He again dismissed me without eye contact and told me to call their 1-800 number. Never in a lifetime of travelling with Aeromexico continuously had I experienced such an inhumane treatment from the Aeromexico staff.

I spent the next three hours listening to their incessant recording in Spanish about how great a company they are while I waited for an agent to help me get on the next flight. When I finally got through to an agent, she told me that because I had been late, that I would need to re book another flight. By this point I was shocked with their complete lack of human emotion and the way they would quickly disregard any idea of helping me out. In my opinion, and especially because of the pandemic we are experiencing, this is the time when an airline like that should be the most sensitive and protect their costumers from excessive fees and irrational charges. AEROMEXICO: How do you propose to help make this situation better for me? Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Sebastian

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Purchased a flight on December 2019 for March 2020, they cancelled due the pandemic, I rescheduled for June 2020 and again cancelled, due the closing borders and risk of contagious. I requested a refund, they denied multiple times, but I insisted, finally they agreed, but I have to wait 12 month to get my money back, that is absurd, local authorities won't want to help the customers complaints of refund, their policy is not flexible. Is a scam.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I purchased my tickets to Guatemala that came out to almost $2400 in total earlier this year. I receive notification that my flight was cancelled. I emailed several letters, called several times, and was told I would only be given a voucher to be used by April 30, 2020. I don't anticipate wanting to use a voucher in a short period of time given the circumstances we are in. Guatemala's borders aren't even open still. As stated by many here this country doesn't care about its customers' financial and physical well-being. They should at least extend the voucher for another two years and not one. Two of our passengers are elderly and to force them to expose themselves or lose money this way is unethical. One other passenger has autoimmune disorder issues, as well. We wish we would have known these would be the practices and instead had gone through our banks.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I purchased a round trip ticket to Puerto Vallarta for July 23-26. I received an email 3 weeks later saying my flight has been changed to July 22-27 due to COVID. I booked my flight during the COVID period. I can not take these new reassigned flights and Aeromexico will not refund my money.

Original review: June 3, 2020

My family and I booked our flight tickets for Mexico in March and we were looking forward to our vacation in July. Unfortunately due to the COVID outbreak we were starting to reconsider the trip and called customer service to inquire about our options. We contacted Aeroméxico in March to request a refund (over $3,000CAD). We were directed not to be haste and to hold on for a while longer, until we were closer to the departure date. In May we called again Aeroméxico, requesting a refund for the 4 round flight tickets and we were informed, that unfortunately that would not be possible. The gentleman was very courteous, acknowledged our feelings and explained their policies regarding a refund. He then proceeded to inform us that Aeroméxico would, however, allow us to reissue the tickets for a later date; however, the flights would have to be rescheduled for a date no later than April 30th, 2020.

At that point I e-mailed several letters to Aeroméxico Customer Service department and requested them to please extend the vouchers deadline (provided them with a time frame that would work for us) and explained valid reasons why we would not be able to travel within the time frame given. We also stated the reasons why we would not be able to travel this July. In my letter I also mentioned that I have been a frequent customer and I have always enjoyed traveling with their airline and would like to continue to be a loyal customer. (We love Mexico and we love to travel there.)

At the end, they stated that they appreciated our patience in resolving the matter and have extended our voucher's validity to our satisfaction. Would we have like a refund? Yes, of course! However, we tend to forget that everyone has been affected by the COVID pandemic, even big corporations have lost and are continuing to lose billions of dollars due to this unprecedented situation. All of us need to be united, be understanding and try to find a compromise in which both parties will be pleased with the outcome. When filing a complaint, my advice is the following: Write a tactful and well written letter, state how you would like to resolve the matter, try to compromise and be persistent. Good luck to all of you!

Original review: May 26, 2020

I feel robbed with this airline. I had a trip to Cuba with Delta that was cancelled amid COVID. I requested my refund without any problem. I have friends that were traveling with Iberia, Airways and British. They are receiving their money back. However, when I tried to get my money back from a cancelled flight amid Covid, it was horrible.

To begin, I would like to say it was very hard to get someone. I tried all the numbers, the chat, no emails, messenger with a robot. Days of trying and waiting. I want to clarify that I understand this time that we are living, but in my opinion this was extreme. After exhaustion I finally was able to chat with someone. I wanted to change my flight to September. They wanted to charge me like $80 more per ticket and we are for 4. Just to change what was cancelled. For every written response I had to wait 5 minutes. It was not fluid. If you like it or not that's it. Pay more or lose it. Refund is not an option. The guy was telling me it was not their fault. It's not one's fault. You just suppose to take care of your clients. Lesson learned, do not flight AEROMEXICO.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I purchased 4 round-trip tickets for my family to Mexico City, at a cost of over $1,600. The flights were cancelled due to covid. My experience dealing with this company was awful and I believe they are violating laws. I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I STRONGLY suggest that others do the same.

First - the information in the cancellation email is confusing. It said my tickets were changed to "open tickets" and does not give details. Then it says I need to fill out a form. It gives a number for customer service, in case you have questions. Contacting customer service, the automated system hangs up on you for almost every option. I found one option that didn't hang up on me (for flights in the next 72 hours), I waited over an hour to talk to someone. I asked them about the "open ticket" that they were giving me (according to the email I received). They said I need to use it by February 9, 2021 (I purchased them on Feb. 11, 2020). But my flight was for June 10-19, 2020.

I don't want to take my kids out of school to see their family in Mexico. If I have to use an open ticket, it should at least be 12 months after the DATE OF SERVICE - not the date of purchase. If they decide to cancel a flight, they should be issuing refunds. Not trying to screw customers out of their tickets. I'm worried this company may not even last until February 2021. Get your BBB complaint in ASAP. This one needs some legal intervention as soon as possible.

Aeromexico Company Information