Aeromexico

Aeromexico Reviews

2.7/5 (857 ratings)

About Aeromexico Reviews

Aeromexico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

My family planned a trip to Oaxaca end of October, flight was delayed 4 hours caused by the mechanics of the plane. The delay caused us to miss our connecting flight in Mexico City. They then had no flights for more than a week that they could get us on. They'd take us to Mexico City and no guarantee they'd be able to get us to our destination! They wouldn't give us a refund at the airport, told us we needed to call the customer service! So I have... 3 times! Each time they tell me they can't help and for me to email. That I can only get a refund if I email. I've emailed 3 times since October and NEVER get a return email! Don't fly Aeromexico! They don't value customer service or their commitment to get you where you paid them to take you! Just disgusting service!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

Changed my RETURN FLIGHT weeks after booking, and the only option was to cancel the whole itinerary. Offered a full refund, but could have done better to help me out. Re booked through a different airline, and feel better already. Next time I know not to trust AeroMexico when booking.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

Worst airline ever. Was trying to change my ticket and every time it says it does not travel to anywhere of the destination it says it does. What a waste of money. Lost my 3 tickets. Biggest waste of money ever.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2022

Extremely bad customer service and communication. My flight was scheduled to take off at 8:55pm and at 9:10pm they announced that the flight was delayed for an hour because they were waiting for the flight crew. An hour later they said that they were still waiting for 2 crew members, they boarded another flight before our flight and no information about our flight, going on 2 hours' delay waiting for the other flight to board and not even the decency to informed us or give us an update. If any passenger is not at the airport at least 2 hours before the flight they will lose their flight and have to purchase a whole new ticket so I think that is only fair that the airline should have to reimburse all the passengers for the flight. I will be posting this on all platforms to make sure it’s heard and hope Aeromexico does something about it.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

I used to be a fan of Aeromexico. The staff was amazing - professional and very friendly. Unfortunately, our recent trip leaves us questioning whether we will ever risk their services again. If you have a disability, you know how important an organized pre-boarding is. For those with issues, that extra time before regular boarding commences is crucial.

We had 2 bad experiences in the Mexico City satellite airport of Santa Lucia (NLU) -- our incoming and outgoing connecting flights. The first flight was chaotic with no pre-boarding or even standard zone loading, but we were fortunate that several of the gentlemen at the front of the line saw my amputee husband and immediately waved us to the front. THEY DID WHAT THE AIRLINE DID NOT. The second flight was a nightmare. When it was time to board, there were no zones or even pre-boarding. AM placed a group of 20-30 passengers at the head of the line - ignoring those who actually needed pre-boarding and those who were paying Premier. Not only does my 76-year-old amputee husband need the special boarding, BUT WE WERE ALSO PREMIER PASSENGERS.

When we finally sat in our seats, we watched in shock as several economy passengers just casually jammed their crap in the Premier overhead bins. Result? Hubby's carry-on-the one that held his medications -- was scuffed and badly jammed. I realize that space is limited on flights, but if you pay for certain benefits, you should get those benefits. We did not.

I wrote to complain and got the stand "too bad, so sad" letter in return. I had asked for compensation. I wasn't looking for a free flight or reimbursement for our tickets. As Judge Judy says, "we ate the steak." What I was looking for was a small compensation to acknowledge that they did not deliver as promised and as they charged. Instead, I got a form letter than any trained lizard could, and did, write. We will look elsewhere in the future and heartily recommend that you do the same.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

I was coming back from Ecuador, and arrived in Mexico City for a connection back to SFO. First of all, a 1 hour 15 minute wait to get through customs is way too long. For my connection back to the U.S., we were told that they were missing a flight attendant, and they would arrive within 1.5 hours. Another agent mentioned that there was a mechanical issue with the plane, and yet another agent mentioned the pilot did not like the flight attendant and they had to find another one...3 different stories.

The missing flight attendant arrived, we boarded the plane, waited for 30 minutes on the plane, then were told that the Pilots were timed out, and could not fly. You would think they would have anticipated all of this before we boarded the plane and while they were waiting for the flight attendant. We had to wait 3 hours for another flight crew.

Everyone was given $15 of credit at a restaurant outside of security. I was flying first class, and had access to the Premier Lounge with free food (Very little selection of food) and alcohol. It was possible to order from a menu and pay for the meal. I mentioned to a Manager in the lounge all the delays and inconvenience, and that I had paid $1,500 for my first class ticket, and could they give me a complimentary meal ($10 hamburger). They said they could not...to me this seems ridiculous and poor customer service.

All the activity during boarding was completely disorganised. Then entire plane was very upset. Do yourself a favour and choose a different airline...when I mentioned all of this to a local taxi driver upon arriving back in the U.S., he just laughed and said he hears the same thing from everyone else who flies AeroMexico.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

I only had an hour between flights on my way from PDX to Mazatlan with stops in LA and Mexico City. Not only did the wheelchair attendant bring me to the wrong gate but both the person taking the tickets, and the flight attendant neglected to look at the tickets and I was put on the wrong plane! By the time they figured it out the doors were closed at the gate next to it and they wouldn't let me on! I was crying and they were not the least bit empathetic. Because I missed the connection I had to spend the night in Mexico City in a crappy hotel they did put me up in, but missed the night in a lovely place I had booked and didn't arrive til late the next day.

They refused to compensate me as they said it is their job to get me to the destination and they did! What??? They call this customer service? I am moving to Mexico and will never fly with them again. I was not surprised to see that they have more complaints than anyone in 2021. They stink and I will spread the word to everyone I know and beyond.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

So disappointed for the rude way they treat their clients and their pet with their “new” regulations for pets and trying to put a plastic belt during the whole flight with is totally anti pet friendly. Staff in ground is not even qualified to address polite and show the new regulation to their clients and threat to call the cops and don’t let you get in board. Emotional support animals are not longer accepted with the regular mental health specialist with their government regulations letters and ask for a psychiatrist letter which is so irrelevant as the other way if get antidepressants I’ll not need my dog to support me emotionally. I thanks flight attendants to be more respectful and be more human. Never going to use the is airline again and advise ALL my contacts to do not do it

Original review: Oct. 10, 2022

Never before have I experienced a more disorganized, disrespectful, zero-accountability airline. They turned a direct flight we purchased into a flight with a layover with no compensation for the downgrade and then had no record of our new flight they forced on us (the system couldn’t find it). No repairs, credits or refunds given. Despite our records of the flight confirmation, ticket number, credit card charge. They did NOTHING to fix their mistakes. Fraud for sure and there’s nothing we can do about it.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Would rate this with zero stars if I could. We scheduled and purchased a flight for my mother-in-law to vacation with the family before having a major surgery, the Surgery was bumped up and the family vacation could no longer be done. We called the customer service line and was told we needed to email and provide the hospital notice and any documents to support our claims that she would not be able to fly (heart surgery can put a damper on flights).

We were told that even though the ticket was just over $1,000 that we could not get a refund, we could only do a 1 time flight change, and then even though we have emailed multiple times, wouldn't provide information on how to change the flight or what happens if the flight is less expensive. We all feel as if this company is stealing, and from all the bad reviews I feel like this is an ongoing occurrence. I believe if this was an US airlines that there would be more we could do about it, but this company just doesn't care about anyone or anything that isn't money.

Aeromexico Company Information