Aeromexico

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased tickets on Oct 4th from a trip to Merida. Leaving out of Qro through Mexico City to Merida. The tickets were charged to my Chase Visa card and I received an email confirmation from the airline. I checked my account and the charge was made. Confirmation number: **. A week before that flight I called to have seats assigned. I was told that it would be a $ 50 dollar charge per passenger per leg to have seats assigned. I decided to wait until 24 hours before to have seats assigned. I called 24 hours before the flight on Nov 22nd and was told that my flight had been cancelled. I was told I had to purchase new tickets. The agent told me that I must have used a US credit card. She said US credit cards cannot be used to pay for something in Mexican pesos.

I purchased new tickets. Confirmation number: **. An hour later I received an email from Aero Mexico asking me to Web Check-In for my flight the next morning. I called and was sent to the US to speak with someone in English. He said he though my flights still existed but since I purchased it in Mexico I should talk with someone in Mexico. He sent me to a woman who said that my flight was still active but that I had to pay for it when I reached the gate. I asked her to confirm this because I would then cancel the new tickets I had just purchased. She said that it was risky to do so but if I wanted to she would refund them. The new flights were to leave at 9am and the original flight at 1:53pm. It did not make sense to keep both tickets so they were cancelled.

When we arrived early for our flight we were told there was a 1 hour delay which meant we would miss our flight to Merida. This meant staying in Mexico City for the night. The cost for the new tickets we were told was double the original cost because there were only seats in Business Class. I argued and finally they agreed to keep the same cost. We had to pay for the hotel. There was no offer to assist even though the delayed flight was the airline's responsibility. We made it to Merida after 20 plus hours of flying very frustrated and tired. We are traveling with my in-laws who are nearly 80 years of age.

On the 25th of November I receive an email suggesting I can assign seats and upgrade to first class for 600 pesos. On Saturday the 26th of November I called to have seats assigned for our return flight. I was hoping for the upgrade seats. I was told that there was no reservation for three of the guest. There was only one reservation under Confirmation code ** for Howard **. The other passengers had no tickets. I hurriedly looked through my email and found a new reservation for three of us Confirmation code **. The agent had no idea why the reservation had been split. I was told they could not assign seats unless I paid $ 26 dollars per seat per leg and that first class had been sold out.

When I began this process with Aeromexico I was told that there was no charge for seats assigned within 24 hours of departure. Each and every call with the airline took nearly an hour. The day before our outbound flight I was on the phone for 3 hours. This is one of the worst flight experiences I’ve had. We will go to the airport this morning with no seats and hope to make it home.

My flight left from Dallas/ Fort Worth Airport flight Aeromexico 2683 operated by Aerolitoral doing business as Aeromexico connect. It left about 15 minutes late. Landed in Mexico City approximately 2 and a half hours later. I was in the back of the plane. It took an unusual amount of time to start leaving the plane. We were all loaded on a bus and taken to airport entrance where everyone got off and proceeded to walk to a very long line. It was about 1030pm. I began speaking to women who were traveling alone and making connecting flights like I was. Is my flight to Lima, Peru was scheduled to leave at 1155 flight number 48. The line was moving very slowly and occasionally some man would come over to the line speak to some people and opened the rope that they had used to create the line to let about 6 or 7 people through to obviously go to a different line. We talked amongst ourselves and wondered what was going on.

One of the women was catching the same connecting flight as I was to Peru. I learned that she did not have any baggage that was checked. I was informed at DFW airport that I would be required to claim my baggage, take it through customs, recheck it on to my next flight. We stood in line for about 30 to 40 minutes moving slowly. Eventually we as a group, one of us was able to speak Spanish, talked to the man who was pulling people out of line we got to change lines, in an attempt to speed up the process of security checking, looking at our passports. We were also assigned the immigration card. The clerk aimlessly pointed me in my next direction off to get my luggage. The woman who was going on my same flight told me “I will see you at the gate.” She did not know the gate number to tell me at that time.

As I entered the area where a carousel was wait for my luggage I met up with another woman traveling alone with her 11-year-old son who was waiting at the carousel for her luggage. We were on the same plane coming in from Dallas/ Fort Worth. We waited at least 30 minutes for our luggage. At no time were uniformed personnel the airport to which I could ask a question. When all the luggage was retrieved ours was nowhere to be found, mine and the woman that was on my same flight coming in. Then we got the attention of some uniformed personnel that came out of nowhere and asked us what we were doing in sort of an incredulous way. She pointed to another area that was out of sight and said that that's where our luggage was according to our flight information. We walked around the corner and sure enough there our luggage was. It was just our luggage that was left there. I had 2 pieces. She had 2 pieces.

We headed to the next stop that we were aimlessly pointed towards, no description verbally. It was the customs line and my baggage was searched and I was pointed to an area to put my baggage on a conveyor belt. This I understood was going to get my baggage on the next plane. I was again aimlessly pointed to an escalator saying that that's where I would find my gates. I began asking people if they spoke English to try and find my gate. What gate number. I finally got to an information desk where I was 3 or 4 people in line. I asked a man in front of me if how I could find out what gate I would be leaving from coma pointing to my boarding pass. He said with some concern that he had just heard the last call for the final boarding call and pointed to gate number 59.

I rushed over there. My passport, my money belts, my items that I had had in my purse that had to be removed in order for me to go through security check again all on the counter and I told my name to the clerk and she rudely said to me “Why are you late?” shaking her head disdainfully and shamingly. I started to explain and she cut me off and said it doesn't matter the plane is gone. I pointed out that I was arriving before the departure time of 1155. It was actually 1152. She stated "oh well it's just a few min minutes." Very sarcastically. She wrote on my boarding pass "late 11:55”, which was a lie. I was there at 1152 and I expected to get on that plane. So apparently the plane departed early. She said she called my name "so many times" and she further stated “You did not check your bags.” It was so loud and hard to understand. I explained to her that I just got through checking them and put them on the conveyor belt.

I begged her to let me on the plane. She said “I'm sorry you cannot get on the plane. The plane is gone.” And I asked her what am I supposed to do now. She aimlessly pointed and said “You must go to L2.” I asked where is it. She pointed and said “You must go to L2.” I was crying. So I gathered my things, put them in a safe place and I proceeded to go find L2 and turned out to be the Aeromexico counter for departures. I chose the shortest line. I asked someone if they spoke English. The nice lady I talked to informed me that this was the line to buy tickets and she pointed me and even facilitated permission for me to go ahead in the line to another desk. At that desk I explained I missed my flight, and I was told to go back to that short line and buy another ticket. I stood in line for about 10 minutes and then the lady behind the counter began tell us in Spanish, and I asked her for English, that the desk was closing and would reopen at 4 am.

Asked the lady where am I supposed to sleep. She told me there was a hotel on the airport property and I decided that I would get a room so I could feel safe, rest, have Wi-Fi connection that I could actually use to try and communicate that I would not be making my connecting flight in Lima, Peru. It cost me 222 dollars. My boyfriend was meeting me on Sunday morning. By this time it was about 1 am. I decided to try and call Aeromexico to inquire about a ticket to get to Lima, Peru. I was informed that because I missed my flight, after he quizzed me as to why did I miss my flight and ascertained that it was no fault of the airport or airline. Then he told me that I would be charged 300 dollars as a penalty for missing my flight and that my one-way flight to Lima, Peru would leave at 5 pm the next day and would cost me 1000 dollars.

I did not have access to 1300 dollars, not to mention I felt I would probably have to buy new tickets to continue my connecting flight in Lima to Cusco. No funds to do that and I felt I was being scammed and robbed. So I began inquiring about what it would cost to get me back to my origination of this trip that I started only hours ago. I had to pay 650 dollars for a one-way ticket back to Dallas/ Fort Worth. I got a confirmation number. I slept for about 2 hours, fitfully not resting. I woke up at 415 am and went down to the airport straight to the Aeromexico office and inquired about my baggage. I thought that it might still be in the airport. I was told that because I missed the flight that the bags were taken off the plane. I commented to the clerk "So they took time to take my bags off the plane but they couldn't let me on the plane?"

I was aimlessly pointed in the direction to check on my baggage. I asked a few people along the way and I was taken to a doorway where there was another security checkpoint. I explained why I was there to look for baggage. A gentleman who spoke English was summoned. He took my passport out of the room for about 5 minutes. No explanation was given and I felt very nervous that I did not have my passport in my possession. He came back and motioned me to follow him and I was taken to a desk where I inquired about my baggage. I was told after about 25 min that my baggage did end up on the plane and was gone to Lima, Peru. This gentleman processed a baggage claim for me and we seem to have worked out the details that my luggage would be flown back to airport in a timely manner.

During that 25 minutes I spoke to a woman who was traveling alone who I had seen in some of the lines I had been in and she was crying so asked her about her situation. She had many complaints about Aeromexico customer service, that she had missed her flight also come that it was not her fault. I must add that me or this woman never left the airport. All of the time we had between flights frantically spent trying to gain information and communicate with rude, mocking and dismissive airline personnel for Aeromexico. So she spoke Spanish and was able to communicate and obviously had the funds to purchase her continuing flight to her destination and was going to be late and extremely inconvenienced herself. After I completed my baggage claim I had to get back upstairs for departure my newly purchased one-way ticket back to Dallas/ Fort Worth airport.

There were never any clear signs pointing to how to get to the departure area so of course I asked someone and I was told I had to walk back through customs. So I showed my passport. I explained I had no luggage because it was on its way to Lima, Peru. My carry on scanned again for the 5th or 6th time. I was allowed to walk around some lines of people to through an area that I knew would take me to escalator to get back upstairs to the departure area. I went straight to the Aeromexico office again and explained to them I had just completed a claim to my baggage and I asked how do I find out what gate my flight is at. When I had talked to them earlier I had already gotten my boarding pass, there was no gate information on it. The gate had not been assigned at that time but I was pointed again aimlessly and told to go to K hall. I was told that I had to be one hour before departure.

I did find a screen departures and I watched it until it was time for me to just go to the gate area and search more how to find out what gate. I asked a few people who spoke English. The nice girl took me to a desk and asked if anyone knew what gate the flight was leaving to go back to DFW. About the same time the gate number was finally showing on the screen and I knew where to go. I caught my flight and came back to DFW. Was back at the FW and going through customs a nice officer inquired about my trip and briefly told him that I never got to finish it and that my bags were in Lima, Peru. He asked what airline was using and he said that the representative was going to be coming through there in just a moment that I should wait and talk to her. Was the first real customer service experience that I could say was excellent. He was just a customs officer for Dell for airport.

He pointed out the woman as she walked by and I asked her if she had a. I tell her about my experience over the last 12 hours with her airline Aeromexico. She dismissed me and said “I do not have that time.” Asked her if I could have some time with customer relations. She seemed to perk up and say “I can get my supervisor to talk with you but you will have to leave this area.” So I went in the direction she pointed again aimlessly and when she walked by me she avoided eye contact but I got her attention and asked her if her supervisor would be coming to meet with me. She pointed to me to go sit down and said that must her supervisor would be there. The supervisor never showed up. I was merely dismissed and rudely pacified.

I will never use Aeromexico again and I will tell everyone how incompetent, rude, mocking, dismissive I was treated and I will tell everyone now to attempt to make a connecting flight through Mexico City airport. My wonderful vacation my boyfriend and tour Machu Picchu, my first trip internationally, has been ruined. I have been traumatized. I feel like I have been price gouged, and victimized by a money making, discriminatory, vindictive acting Mexican business.

Expedia is not to blame. Aeromexico, you have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I arrived with plenty of time for my flight and experienced a delay due to your employees not properly informing and attending customers. After waiting in line for one hour, I finally by-passed everyone in line to speak with one of your representatives about only having 30 minutes until my flight took off and needed to check in. I was informed the gates were closed and un-able to board. I called your customer service just to be told to file a complaint with Aeromexico customer relations website and to speak with Expedia.

Your airline is completely un-organized and by all means the worst. After been told there was no refund and denied any other possible option that did not involved more money out of my pocket, I can safely say, enjoy your $600 dollars you stole from me. I will never fly with you people again and I will make it my life's goal to advise everyone I possibly can to never fly in your badly managed and rude airline.

Hello. Yesterday I experience the worse with a Mexican Airline. I heard bad things about them but yesterday I lived it. I was coming from Guadalajara Mexico to Los Angeles. When I was ready to board my plane and the lady check in your ticket before you board the plane seen my carry-on bag and told me that my bag was too big and I told her, "It's fine. Send it to the bottom of the plane," and she said, "No you don't understand. You have to go outside and pay for your bag."

I told her "But I don't have no time." She said, "That's your problem, you have 15 minutes to do it or you're missing your flight," so I ran all the way to the first lobby pay for the carry on bag $1,200 pesos, ran back through security, ran all the way to the gate, made it on time thank God, but made me think how this Mexican airline don't have no respect for the customer. Never again will I flight with Aeromexico! And I will tell people about my experience with this airline. Thank you.

I had a pleasant vacation from Puerto Vallarta. Flew to Guadalajara. Layover 5 hrs there to head back to Ontario CA. Until we found out our stuff was stolen from luggage. Electronic devices, Bose speaker, jewelry, cellphone. Big disappointment. Such a shame that gives you a bad taste especially for my older grown up kids. They won't want to go back again. Will make other destinations.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?

I don't even know where to begin...but here goes... I planned a trip for my husband and myself Columbus day weekend from SFO to Puerto Vallarta via Aeromexico through Orbitz.com because AM was the only airline that had departures that left late night (After work hours). Well, when we arrived at PV 8:43AM the following morning, our bags were MISSING. Apparently, no one knew where the bags were, eventually after pestering every AM agent I could in PV, they said that the ticket agent in SFO tagged the bag wrong and it wouldn't arrive for another 24hrs. So imagine my shock and horror to realize that we had no clothes on a beach vacation in the tropical jungle (Thank god we didn't bring our 1 yr old with us!). So we had to stop at the Walmart in PV and grab whatever clothes we could at $57 for a pair of shorts, basic t-shirt, leggings, tank top. WTF?! (I kept the receipt because I am filing a claim with AM.)

Eventually we got our bag the next afternoon. Sigh. Then departing PV on AM is what the real issues started: their plane departing for Mexico city was delayed for several hours, which meant we were going to miss our connecting flight...which we did miss. It was eventually reassigned to us to connect another flight out of MC, which we did. That flight took us to Guadalajara, MX. The AM gate area is a serious cluster ** of no one speaking english, gates overlapping, no gate assigned and old fashioned bus systems that take you to the tarmac and make you walk up 50 stairs into the plane. The worst part of this was the fact that there was now over 500 mosquitos inside the plane. ZIKA ANYONE?!!

Seriously, everyone complained-- flight attendant said it was normal. NORMAL??? So, it's normal to have over 300 people inside a crowded airplane with over 500 mosquitoes headed to the USA? I mean what the **? A little girl in front of us broke out an allergic reaction from the mosquitos and I am pregnant. Was bitten multiple times. So, now I am going to get tested for Zika (precaution measure). Not to mention no one's seats reclined, the tvs up above didn't work, the air was off and everyone was busy swatting mosquitoes that the 4 hr and 23 min flight seemed like it was more like 9 hrs. It was the most disgusting thing I ever witnessed. Oh, and no veggie option for the snack. Just a ham and cheese sandwich for EVERYONE. This airline is single-handedly the worst in the industry. I wouldn't ever fly them again-- I do plan on pursuing a refund from them. Otherwise, AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Flew AeroMexico from Mexico City to LAX. I purchased a one-way flight for $500. When I arrived to the airport I made sure to arrive 4.5 hours before my flight. I checked in at the check-in counter and the lady wrote some notes on my boarding pass and instructed me where the gate was. At the gate, when they finally began boarding, I went up to the gate agent and said I didn't understand what was written on my boarding pass. He told me that since the flight was overbooked I was placed on standby but most likely wouldn't get a seat. And he was right, the flight took off without me. This has never happened to me in the past, and made absolutely no sense since I bought a one-way ticket and at no point in time was EVER told I was on standby.

By that time there were no more flights flying out to the US, and after being bounced around for over 2 hours from customer service agents, I was told that they could put me on another standby flight in the morning to LA but that flight was overbooked as well. I had to be at work at 9am (which was the whole point of spending $500 on a one-way ticket to come back from my trip early) so the option of being placed on standby and potentially not getting on the flight did not work for me. I had to buy another ticket on another airline to get home. I was given a piece of paper and told to email customer service, simply to get me out of line.

This was 2 weeks ago and I've emailed customer relations twice with no response. I've called the airline and they told me that customer relations is a completely different department and they have no phone number. I feel helpless and scammed and so incredibly frustrated that there is nothing I can do. I can literally get no help from them. All the woman on the phone said was that I continue to wait for an email.

I had a really interesting experience with Aeromexico check-in which almost ruined my trip. I had planned my trip since May to go to Cancun. I used BookIt.com to book my flight and hotel. One month after purchasing my tickets I was informed that my departure airport had changed from LAX to ONT - that was fine, even though I was a little disappointed because I wanted to leave my car at the LAX. So on the day of my trip. I went online on aeromexico.com to check my itinerary for my trip that night, and my inbound flight had disappeared from the Aeromexico website. So I called Aeromexico and I was informed to call BookIt.com - because there was a problem with the tickets. So I was on hold for an hour for the problem to be solved. The lady from BookIt.com told me the problem was fixed and that she was on the other line with Aeromexico.

After a few hours I was able to see itinerary again online saying leaving from ONT at 12:37 am - Fine I went to the airport with my fiancé. We were at the airport around 10:30 pm when the lady said that my flight was going to leave LAX at 11:35 pm - she even told me that I "still had one hour to make to LAX." OK I live in CA and I know that from Ontario to LAX is more than one hour, also because of traffic it would take much longer. I told her that no way that I had the itinerary on my hands and it said ONT airport. Her name was Miriam and she told me that there was nothing she could do that I had to contact my booking agency and Aeromexico. I call Aeromexico and the lady did NOTHING - my flight was right about to leave. They told me to call BookIt.com, so I did - the lady told me the same thing.

More people had the same problem at that same flight not just us, we were all on the cell phones calling Aeromexico. I told this lady Miriam from Aeromexico that she needed to help us, she needed to contact somebody at Aeromexico to fix our problem. Not only my fiancé and I were having problems as well 8 other families. Miriam from Aeromexico told me that there was NOTHING she could do, that it was not her fault that she couldn’t see our air tickets. She also said that THERE IS ONLY 8 FAMILIES WITH THIS PROBLEM IN A FLIGHT OF 175 PASSENGERS??? So 8 families doesn’t matter in a flight of 175 people? How about my vacations that I planned months in advanced and paid dime per dime. So at ONT they helped everybody and left us at the end.

Finally after just few minutes boarding and all the frustration and stress Aeromexico finally fixed the problem. Of course the good chairs that I had reserved were no longer available, so we had to go to the emergency rolls. I am really disappointed with the Aeromexico customer service, you guys should perform better training. I will also report this problem to BookIt.com. Again I was not expecting going through so much stress on a trip that I was waiting for such long time.

On July 15, 2016 on flight 789 from Sacramento CA to Guadalajara at 11:15 pm at the check in counter. Asusena told Guadalupe that she could take her carry-on bag with her. When it came time board plane Asusena came, took her carry-on bag by force away from her and Guadalupe told Asusena she had breakable items in carry-on bag. Asusena took the carry-on bag with her. Guadalupe jewelry was stolen from her carry -on bag. We have contact Mr ** on July 16, 2016 at 8:00 pm and until now have not heard from him at all. It has been three months.

We became late to our flight due to bart having construction. Routed us by putting us in a bus taking us to Daly city. Then boarded another bart that was also late. This delayed our trip and they did not care not one bit. I talked to them about putting us in another flight. We're told to call Expedia. They have to deal with it. Called them. They couldn't do anything about it. They said it was Aeromexico that could do something. Called them. We have to pay 200.00 penalty plus 150.00 for missing the flight. We decided not to take the trip. I am so glad I didn't go after all. After seeing all these terrible and horrible reviews about people experiences I am surprise they are still doing business. Why haven't the government done anything about this injustice. I could just imagine if we would have gone, it seem that everyone is routed to Mexico first. Why are they haters. Aren't they happy making money.

I had the worse experience with Aeromexico. The attendants are rude and heartless. I book a flight from Montreal to Havana with my mother and my 12 years old son. My mother was retained according to them she had no visa. I had already verified that she did not need it because she was going to stay only at the airport. I was told by the immigration officer that she had to stay in transit and that 1 hour before her flight they will bring her to the gate and take care of her luggage. I went on trusting. When I got to the gate I ask the attendant from Aeromexico about my mother and he told me that they will bring her when I was ready to board the plane. I ask again and he told me that she was already inside the plane.

As soon as I got in, I search for my mother. She was not inside. The attendant told me that he did not know my mom. I was asking them to call transit or somebody in the airport. They told then my mom was lost in the airport. That I was delaying the flight. I was told to leave the plane. That it was not their fault that my mom got lost. They cancel my ticket. I had to buy a new one for the 3 of us. I want a refund. This airline is the worse. PLEASE DO NOT TRAVEL TO MEXICO. IT IS A SCAM. Very rude, no compassion. My vacation was ruin. Never again. I will make sure that no more people go through this experience.

We left Los Angeles California on Aug 4th to attend my sister's wedding in Cancun and the flight was booked via travel agent on Aeromexico. Our flight leaving CA was late leaving by 2 hours, we had a connecting flight in Guadalajara. While checking into our flight we wanted to upgrade and went to select a seat. The seat we selected wasn't available so we went back to the seat we already had and we had to pay $35 for additional leg room. Not only did we just pay for a seat we already paid for, upon boarding the flight the seat was no bigger than any of the other seats!! We flew from LAX to Guadalajara uncomfortable and late, we get to Guadalajara to have to run through the airport and through immigration. We turned in our papers and was never given anything back! We were told by an Aeromexico agent in Guadalajara we would get new documentation upon our departure.

Now here we are today, August 7th. We board our flight from Cancun to Mexico City at 815a. No one provides any immigration papers. We ask the flight attendant upon exiting if we needed anything for our connection, she responds "No, I don't know!" We exit and walk all over the airport to our connecting flight gate. We wait there while waiting I approached the gate agent to ask if the flight was full and if we could upgrade. She responds "are you on standby", I said "No, is there room?" She responds after taking a deep breath "It's almost full...", I ask again of the flight was completely full because we wanted to upgrade, she responds "you will have to pay". I responded that's ok, she then responds "oh no the flight is full".

This gate agent was short with dark curly hair and was at gate 59, this was for flight 538 to LAX. MY husband then asks her the same question and she informs him, that he would have to ask the counter agents. Now he only went to ask her because I could tell she was not willing to help me. The gate agent proceeds to make the pre-board announcements and my husband goes to the counter to inquire about upgrading. At the counter they only asked for our boarding passes and informed it was $150 USD each. He paid and they upgraded us with no problem. My husband asked if that was all we needed to board and he was informed by the counter agent, "yes".

My husband returns and we move to the Priority Line. The flight begins to board and the agent collecting boarding passes asks for our immigration papers. I informed her we were not given any. She rudely says "you need to get them, get out of line and go to immigration!" We ask where and she points aimlessly down the terminal. We ask a security guard for directions and he points us to a kiosk.

The guy at the immigration kiosk holds us there while he's looking at our passports. Another couple attempting to board the same flight show up and the young man speaks Spanish. We waited at the kiosk for 10 min and he says we have to go to the immigration office, he can't help us. We all 3 go to the immigration office. We wait there for another 10 min. Once we receive an agent he informs we have to pay and it can only be done in Pesos. We did not have Pesos so now we're running to an ATM. On the way to the ATM, we see the Aeromexico office.

We enter and wait in line there for several minutes. My husband leaves to go to the ATM and I wait. I am seen by "Tanya" who is the only English speaking agent and she informs me the flight left. I ask her for assistance to get on another flight and that we have paid for an upgrade and everything. She informs that since the ticket was booked through a travel agent I would have to contact them. The entire time, Tanya is not friendly, compassionate, understanding nor shows a willingness to assist.

I step out the office and speak to my travel agent, who then gets on the phone with Aeromexico and her travel company. She is told by Aeromexico to speak to the desk agent. I go back in to speak to Tanya and ask if she can speak to the travel agent and she says "No, I can't". I informed her that the corporate office of Aeromexico is saying she is able to assist and she says "no". Her supervisor comes over and they begin speaking in Spanish. She asks for our passports and boarding passes, they hold another conversation for about 5 min in Spanish. At this time I'm still on the phone with my travel agent.

I ask Tanya if they are able to assist us, she says "well no, not now, they have canceled your tickets, you need to buy new ones and it's $1000 USD each!" I ask her, who canceled our tickets and why she replied "my supervisor, they said you delayed the flight, sorry go buy need tickets". I am now in tears because we are stuck in this country and no one from Aeromexico is willing to help us, not one person!! My travel agent ask if she can call her. I go back in to ask if the travel agent can call the desk and "Tanya" says no... at this time I asked for her name so that my travel agent can give it to the people she spoke to at Aeromexico and they can call. That's when, she says her name is "Tanya".

I wanted to be sure I had it correct and asked her to write her name down for me and she said "No, anyway I don't have anything to do with this situation". I told her why I wanted it, to provide to the travel agent and Aeromexico as she knew what happened and was the only one who spoke English. She said "NO!" And left us there. We then left and in complete tears I had to call my friend in the states to find us a cheaper ticket as we could not afford $2000, especially after we had just paid $300 to upgrade. We went back to immigration, who could not assist until we had a flight. We have 2 boys at home and only flew to Cancun for my sister's wedding, we need to get back home today!!

My friend found a flight that didn't leave until 920p (I am sending this email while I still sit in the airport... waiting) but was $640 USD each! We spent an additional $1300 USD for Aeromexico to fly home for something that was NOT our fault and didn't receive not ONE helpful agent. Not only that but while we were here dealing with the agents, my travel agent was receiving more terrible service via telephone. It appears to me that the customer service culture at Aeromexico is that of carelessness, lack of compassion, lack of understanding, a severe unwillingness to help and a very apparent showing of greed and taking advantage of those who do not speak Spanish!!

Such behavior from a large corporation is deplorable and should be exposed. With the air competition, Aeromexico should pay much more attention to their PAYING customers and provide customer service training for ALL their employees from the gate agent to the desk agent. When my travel agent asked to speak to a manager at Aeromexico, she was told one was not on duty and to send an email. The other couple who missed the flight as well gave us a number to call for Aeromexico and I did, we were told to email. My husband and I have been sitting in an airport for over 6 hours with rude agents who could care less if we ever made it home and they made sure to show us!!!

I am requesting a refund for the initial $35 spent, the $300 USD for the upgrade and a refund of the tickets I had to purchase just to get home safely. It is by far the LEAST you could do as my experience with Aeromexico has been HORRIBLE from beginning to end, in person and via telephone. I will be sure to tell everyone I know NEVER to fly this airline!!! A very unhappy client, still sitting in Mexico!!! I hope you never get stranded in a country you're not from and encounter the likes of.your agents!!

All the staff members were rude and barely spoke English. On the way to our destination flight attendant didn't provide us with all custom forms needed so we had to stand in customs line twice. One of our luggage was damaged, zipper was broken, and suitcase was open as a book on baggage carousel. When we decided to write a complaint we were told that we will be late for our connecting flight if will do so. Mexico City airport didn't have wrapping station or even any sort of tape. In Mexico City airport for connecting flight we had to pick up our luggage and submit it for new flight. Baggage carousel wasn't working so we had to carry our luggage to check-in window.

Our flight back home was even worse. I and my husband got so sick so we couldn't fly out on time. At the Santo Domingo airport, Aeromexico office representative wasn't willing to help us at all. All he did he provided us with phone number to call but didn't even gave us area code. We tried to call provided phone number with no luck. We had to search it on the internet ourselves. When we called given phone number and tried to explained our situation to representative, she didn't even want to listen. All she kept repeating was late fees and charges that we have to pay if we want to fly.

It cost us new tickets. The only available flight Aeromexico had was the next day. My husband asked representative to make a reservations for us. When he called back the next representative didn't see our information in the system and no seats were available for that flight anymore. So we had to take following flight. It was a HELL ON EARTH being sick and stuck at the airport.

This is the worst company that you can ever use to fly. Going through the airport in Mexico City was the worst experience ever. Super slow, evenly disorganized. On a connection flight your baggage can not be checked all the way to your final destination. They send you to the wrong places to drop off your baggage. And then to another place that is wrong. No empathy. No one wants to help you even if you speak Spanish. Pure insanity. Your bags obviously are not going to come home on time. I have never wrote a bad review, but I'm working everyone out there do not rebel with Aeromexico.

I booked this flight for myself and my infant thinking I would fly comfortably and enjoy my vacation. I was terribly wrong!! Firstly, the flight attendants didn't really make an effort to speak English as they did Spanish. It would be nice to understand the announcements thoroughly. Secondly, you can tell the plane was old and worn out because most of the seats were torn along with the seat pockets with garbage in it, not to mention no proper television/entertainment to help enjoy your flight.

The worst part was that upon arriving in Mexico, I receive my infant stroller from the cargo and the front wheel was completely broken off. I asked the employees for help but they left me literally helpless. I'm currently struggling to submit a claim to get reimbursed from Aeromexico, but it seems impossible. Also, on the way back, the overbooking of the flight causing confusion and also the employee's lack of professionalism. Never again will I fly with this company even if it was my last option!!!

I choose Aeromexico vacations for a weekend getaway for me and my friends. They were departing from St. Louis, MO and I departed from LAX. We went to Cabo, the flight to get there was okay outside of the very long line to check my bag and get boarding pass. The flight offered a movie. What I didn't agree with was no one seemed to speak any English on the flight even the announcements. I may have missed valuable information which I would later find out that I did. I followed everyone else and changed planes and with through customs no issue. Three days later Delta vacations picked us from the hotel and dropped us off at the airport. I get out and look for the airline and turns out that he dropped me off at the wrong terminal!!! Really? Okay so I get a can since the correct terminal was 1/2 mile.

I proceeded to wait in line for a hour for yet again check my bag and get my boarding pass (they can't do boarding passes on the phone in Cabo yet) no curbside service. The flight was delayed a hour. Finally I board the plane and get to Mexico City. I wait over 2 hours for my next flight to take me home. My flight was supposed to leave at 6:10 pm cst. Everyone is lined up to board the flight which should have boarded at 5:50 instead they did not start until a few minutes after 6 pm. I proceeded through the line and was told I needed my slip that I filled out when I first got to Mexico. I started to panic because I could not find it. The lady from Aeromexico checking in the passengers told me to go to immigration office and get another one and come back. By this time it's 5 minutes to 6:10 but I look back at the line and it's well over 75-50 people that still need to be checked in. I run and take care of getting my slip.

I thought I made it in time however security would not let me back through to catch my flight and advised me to got to Aeromexico to purchase another ticket. Omg!!! Really. The ticket sales people were very rude and not helpful at all and tried to make me pay the for the highest ticket they had leaving three days later. I had to get back to work and this could not happen. I felt as though I was living a nightmare. I am polite to the manager I asked to speak to and to no avail. No one would help me. One ticket agent went so far as to tell me to go get my luggage.

First I walk to the Aeromexico. Unclaimed baggage bags were not there. Long story short I had to end up calling my travel agent who in turn called their customer service and held for 30 min only to be hung up on and then she called back only to be told it was nothing they could do because the ticket sales agent at the airport placed a block on my ticket and name. Oh yes and it stated I was hostile!

Really?? I was never rude, raised my voice or anything. I was beyond upset now. Aeromexico employees were purposely trying to make me pay extra money for another ticket that departed days later. Why would I be hostile when I need to get home. My travel agent was on the phone with me the whole time I spoke to the agent and not once did I raise my voice. I honestly think skin color and language barrier was the real issue. I went back to another agent that mysteriously found me a ticket leaving out the next morning for half the cost I was initially quoted as they waited until that last flight left to quote also.

I had to get a room and fly back the next morning. No empathy was provided at all. Worst airlines. To make matters worse once back at LAX I was told my luggage was arriving on the next flight. It never came. I was given the run around about that also. I finally received my luggage 2 days later (they delivered it and that was the least they did) my clothes were everywhere as they searched my bags and damaged my hat and threw my belongings all about! NEVER EVER will I fly Aeromexico again in life!!!

My sister and I booked a last minute flight to Paris (from Houston, laying over in Mexico City then to Paris) with Aeromexico. Two weeks before our departure my sister breaks her ankle and has to have surgery after falling off a bike. I submitted a claim with customer service via email because you can ONLY call this department if you want to pay to call an international phone number (because they're in Mexico) AND you speak Spanish. Finally, we get a Spanish friend to call the international number because I haven't heard back in ten days via email and we were leaving on our trip soon. The agent tells him that we can only get a credit and only my sister's penalties to rebook would be waived.

They claimed that the tickets we purchased were so discounted that they could not warrant a refund. However, months later the same exact ticket is around the same price. In order to use my credit I will have to pay an extra $450 to rebook the same flight. They included a "no-show" fee in that $450, which does not make any sense because I tried to tell them two weeks beforehand that we were not going to make the flight. Their customer service team is VERY unresponsive and they did not respond to a single email that I sent to them. Did I mention that you HAVE TO SPEAK SPANISH to call the refund/cancellation department? The only way I'd ever book with them again is if they were the last airline on Earth.

My family of five booked tickets for departure date July 2, 2016, for flights SFO-MEX (flight AM1665) and flights MEX-HAV (AM451). We bought the tickets over the phone directly from AeroMexico. Our flight from San Francisco was delayed, and after we landed we were forced to wait in a very long line at immigration. We told several local immigration employees about the short time we had to catch our second leg of the flight, but nobody cared. After we went through immigration, we were sent to the AeroMexico counter to get our boarding passes for our flight from Mexico City to Havana. By that time we missed our original flight to Havana (AM451).

We were told that there were no empty seats on the next two available flight to Havana and that the third flight (the following day in the evening) would cost us over $1,000 per person. The other option was to fly through San Jose (Costa Rica) at the cost of $1,100 per ticket. The airline refused to take any responsibility for having sold us essentially worthless tickets and demanded additional payments. When we complained, the employees at the desk told us to contact their customer service, which could be reached only by phone! When we finally managed to get through to the customer service representative on the phone, they were unable to help us at all.

After three hours of talking to several different employees and a manager and facing a dilemma of paying over $5,000 to get to Havana or just canceling our vacation plans and cutting our losses (original ticket price was about $850 roundtrip/person), we were approached by one employee who told us that he could help us if we would put $150 cash into one of our passports. We happily did so and after another half an hour we magically received five tickets for the next day morning flight (for which they didn't have any seats two hours earlier). We stayed a day in Mexico City, paid for a night in a hotel and the next day flew to Havana.

After we had paid the bribe for our tickets, we found a couple people from our original flight who missed the same flight to Havana as us for the same reasons, and who rebooked their flight to Havana with the AeroMexico transfer desk without paying any fees or demands for paying for extra airfare. This was by far the worst travel experience we ever had. We were on the verge of turning around and cutting our losses by coming back to San Francisco. I can't explain why our family was picked out and treated differently. We had a hard time explaining to our kids (ages 17,14, 12) that we happily bribed somebody just to get out of an impossible situation. Our family was completely taken advantage of by AeroMexico.

I recently had a horrible experience with Aeromexico. I planned on going on a vacation with my cousin and her fiance in Cuba. Prior to booking the ticket, I researched the visa requirements to enter Cuba. Having familiarized myself with the visa requirements, I booked a ticket to Cuba, departing from Toronto, Canada with a layover in Mexico (Mexico City).

I gathered all of the required documentation and excited for the trip, I arrived at the airport 4 hours in advance. When I landed in Mexico City, the excitement turned into disappointment and sadness. The Aeromexico staff told me I didn't have a visa when I did! No one wanted to talk in English, even though they could. This made it intentionally impossible to communicate with them.

I was put in a room for 12 hours without food! I asked the staff to bring me food that I would pay for but they pretended to speak only Spanish. How do I know they could speak English? A gentleman that was with us in the holding room spoke to one of the agents and paid for a new visa in US dollars and was able to board the plane to Cuba.

I was eventually put on a plane back to Toronto. I was given no valid explanation as to why. I had a valid visa for Cuba. How do I know? Upon returning to Toronto, not wanting to miss out on the trip with my relatives, I booked another flight to Cuba through a different airline. I entered and enjoyed my time in Cuba without problems... until it was time to return home.

While checking onto my return flight, I learned that Aeromexico used the return leg of my original booking to send me back to Canada. This was very frustrating!!! I had to book an emergency ticket with Air China. I would like a refund of my money spent. The information I was given in Mexico City was 100% incorrect. Not only did I have a valid visa, I was able to go to Cuba on another airline and enjoy an abbreviated vacation due to your company's error. You have been flying to Cuba for years. How could such a mistake have been made if it were not intentional? What is the process of receiving a refund?

My wife and I decided to buy a ticket to Puerto Vallarta, for my best friend wedding. The ticket was purchased on February 2nd with a travel insurance from Allianz and on February 22 we got the news from our doctor that we are pregnant. We've been advised that as a pregnant woman not to travel to Mexico due concerns on Zika virus.

It's been a solid 3 months of complaints over the phone, email and Twitter with them about this matter. First I was told that that my wife's ticket will be available to until February 2017, which will be difficult to use because the newborn will be two months. They promise me to not charge the now show penalty, which I found logical, since I told them in advance that she is not coming. How ironic!

The company have a very sneaky message about Zika in their website. "Notice Regarding the Zika Virus: According to the official communication from the city's Ministry of Health, Mexico City has been declared safe due to its geographical location. You can read the official statement (in Spanish) here. For more information about this alert as well as prevention tips please visit the official site of the World Health Organization.

"Aeromexico has instituted a temporary policy change in response to concerns about the virus: changes to flights are permitted at no extra charge to all pregnant women with a note from a medical professional. However, any refunds will only be issued in accordance with our regular policies and the conditions (based on fare class and otherwise) of the ticket concerned."

Several times I explained to them that our final destination is not Mexico City, it's Puerto Vallarta which could be consider a risk because of coastline location. Still Aeromexico generate excuses and schemes, such as Customer Relations department don't have a phone number or a fax, only an email, every time you send emails you never get a response to know the status of your case. By far, I have 5 cases created for this matter.

I end up calling Mexico city offices and been transferred to a insurance company who wasn't the correct one who is dealing with my case. Two months later the insurance told me that the case couldn't go thru and I should contact Allianz--I did and the first thing that the company said is because my wife is pregnant is consider a Pre-existing condition, which I refuse to accept because my wife discovered that was pregnant 20 days after purchasing the plane ticket. I'm still planning to file a complaint and a claim for this matter, but Aeromexico is creating new loopholes to stop me from sending that claim. I need certain letters issued by the airline, which can be created by Customer Relations which to me is ghost department who don't have a phone number or a fax, only an email, every time you send emails you never get a response to know the status of your case.

I end up flying to Mexico for the wedding and there is no word from that department. On Twitter Aeromexico seems to be eager to help, but that's just in theory. You cannot know what's going on. Coming back to NYC, my luggage was damaged in Mexico. The airline was eager to help but just in theory. They're only offering me a voucher to use in another trip, which I cannot use since I'm having a baby I cannot travel. The airline is not offering repair of giving me a new piece of luggage. Cannot believe that an airline of this caliber will be that cheap and play with customer the way that I been treated.

A group of six of us were planning a trip To the cultural rich city of Oaxaca City Mexico, and take in the annual Festival of the Guelaguetza on last week of July. Ten days ago 8 Teachers were shot by Federal and State police during peaceful demonstrations turned deadly when live rounds were used. The people of Oaxaca have reacted with Road Blocks on all major roads leading to the city, preventing essential food and water to reach the City.

Today the Secretary of Tourism of Mexico just declared that Hotels has dropped to 5% occupancy and that electricity and phone service is limited. These are the hottest months in Oaxaca so that hotels without food, water and Air conditioning along with daily protest and unrest in the center part of the city makes it at best undesirable, at worst life threatening.

We booked travel through Expedia and they are willing to get us full refunds from the Hotel, But Aeromexico will offer a credit but there is a $210 penalty to re-book anywhere else. I spoke to Aeromexico and they said the situation in Oaxaca is out of their control and the flight will go forward as planned and that at the moment there has been no indication that anything has changed.

But if for whatever reason that changes and the airport closes because of the violence, that we would have to file a claim on that day for a refund. Yes, that's the plan... So I asked how would I know that they closed the airport or that Aeromexico planned on cancelling the flight. They said "I SHOULD KEEP CHECKING BACK WITH THEM OR TO KEEP WATCHING THE NEWS TO SEE IF THE VIOLENCE HAS ESCALATED."

I purchased a round trip flight with AeroMexico for an aunt visiting us from Honduras in May 2016 for $535. While waiting for her connecting flight in AeroMexico (6/4) she somehow managed to get the wrong terminal and she lost her her connecting flight to Los Angeles. The reps in Mexico informed her that she could not get in another flight in standby mode that she would have to purchase a whole new ticket in order to leave on the next flight. This was going to be $500 they said.

My aunt does not have that much money so they told her that they didn't care that she could stay as an immigrant in the airport for all they cared. Really!!! My aunt was crying and desperate and eventually managed to get a hold of us in LA. I called AeroMexico to see if I could purchase the next connecting flight and they said they could not connect me to the next flight only to a morning flight the next day. I told them that my aunt was stranded and that they had told her there was a connecting flight going out within the next 40 minutes.

The rep said he couldn't sell me that flight only the airport rep could. I asked for their number and they said they did not have a number for the airport. Really??? This is not even the worst part. He proceeded to tell me that they had cancelled the complete reservation I made in May. I asked him why if only the connecting flight was cancelled. He said it was their policy to cancel the complete reservation once a flight was missed. I told him it was a connecting flight so that she still needed her way back and that there was no reason to cancel that. He again said it was their policy to do so. So I asked "how much do I have to pay for her full itinerary this time." They said she had to fly premier because those were the only seats available and that it was going to cost me $636 because I also had to pay a penalty fee of $200.

I asked why I was paying for a penalty fee if I was buying completely new tickets. He said it would be even more expensive if I bought a complete new ticket without paying the penalty. So in the end this trip cost more than $1000 because they knew they had the upper hand and that we had to buy this ticket. They are complete trash. This company only cares about how much money they can swindle out of you. Never ever travel with such a garbage airline. I for sure will make sure I communicate this experience through every venue possible so that no one else has to go through this. It's complete bull crap what they did and they are thieves!

This was my first time flying alone and it was an awful experience. First of all the flight left half an hour before it was supposed to depart. Luckily I was waiting by the gate or else I would've easily missed it, like I'm sure others did. Secondly while on the plane we were nearing the destination and the captain goes on the speaker announcing that there isn't enough fuel to land.... how unprofessional and frightening is that? So we had to turn back and go to a smaller airport to refuel, ended up waiting in the plane for 2 hours. We were told that this was due to a thunderstorm ahead, okay. Finally when we take off I realized that we're flying through the thunderstorm... it was a horrifying experience. And to top it all off the pilot did not succeed in landing smoothly on both occasions. Overall this airline is a complete mess, I highly don't recommend it.

Thanks to the immigration port entry in Mexico I lost my flight to Guatemala because I don't have my immigration pass to board my plane and when I try to explain myself they don't try to help me and that cost me money because they don't even try to accommodate my next trip to Guatemala and I have to pay $515.00 extra to get another ticket one way to Guatemala. Very unprofessional the personnel from Aeromexico. I don't recommend Aeromexico for nothing in this world base on my experience.

I booked a flight from Guadalajara, Mexico to Puerto Vallarta, Flight #4422, on May 05/16. After the airline had us waiting for more than 3 hours they canceled the flight with no explanation. They will not give credit nor return of the funds. They claimed since they contracted out the flight to Aeromar and I had bought the ticket through Travelocity is my problem. My boarding pass says Aeromexico and Travelocity had sent the money to AeroMexico.

I've been trying to help my son catch a flight with Aeromexico out of Mexico City. He called me yesterday and told me they had given his seats away even though they were bought and paid for and he arrived at the check in counter an hour and a half to possibly an hour and 15 minutes before departure. The tickets were booked through American who told him that they had no control over Aeromexico. So why put somebody on this awful airline? He didn't have bags to check either, just carry on.

He was stranded in Mexico City for the night. American booked him on another flight at the same time today. Although he arrived 3 hours early this morning, he is having trouble just getting through the lines and is afraid he will miss this flight again. God forbid! The kios doesn't work and although American has booked him on today's flight. The kios isn't reflecting that!!!

AeroMexico is a mess! Yesterday, they told him the next flight out was today when there was a direct flight he could have caught yesterday afternoon if they had only told him. It makes me wonder if this company is honest or just extremely disorganized. I don't know why but American didn't let him know that there was another flight out yesterday either. I'm upset with American and Aeromexico. Don't fly with them if you can avoid it.

We have yet to fly with Aeromexico, but I still feel it necessary to write a negative review of our experience. We bought four tickets through Orbitz in April 2015 for the family to fly from San Francisco to Cancun during Thanksgiving week. In August 2015, I was double-checking the flights and noticed that the return flight had been changed and would get us in a day later than we had originally booked. That wasn't going to work for us. I then contacted Orbitz by phone. They couldn't make the changes we needed and transferred me to an Aeromexico rep to help. The flights got rebooked by Aeromexico to meet our needs. We were now apparently working directly with Aeromexico and no longer with Orbitz, but we still had the flight we wanted.

In November 2015, a couple of weeks before our flight, my adult daughter was diagnosed with a serious illness. We had to cancel our flights. Aeromexico took care of the cancellation. The customer service rep verbally told me that we would have a credit until August 2016 (one year from the rebooking date) to apply to a future flight.

So earlier this month, I contacted Aeromexico just to see if I could use the credit on Delta which is a partner airline. The agent told me that the credit had expired the PREVIOUS day, or one year from when we originally bought the tickets with Orbitz and not based on the August rebooking date. What! The agent told me to contact their customer relations group to appeal since she couldn't help me. She suggested that they could review the audio of the November phone call where the rep incorrectly told me I had till August 2016 to use the credit. I was upset but encouraged.

So I explained the whole thing in detail in an email to Aeromexico "Customer Relations", and asked them to reinstate the credit. I received a denial a week later. The credit still had expired in their opinion. It made no difference that the Aeromexico rep gave me incorrect information back in November. I doubt they even attempted to review the audio of the earlier conversation with the agent, or even have one. I'm trying to appeal this decision, but it appears for now that we've lost our $2600 credit. Given the above experience and the many other bad experiences I see from this site, I won't fly on this airline until I see that things have drastically improved. It's just an accident waiting to happen in some shape or form.

My family planned our first trip to Mexico in 27 years and we chose seats that made sure would sit on the same row. Once at the airport we were told that we had been separated. None of the customer service representatives would help and all gave us an attitude when trying to figure out why this occurred. On the flight back I paid extra to ensure that I would get the seat that I wanted, to no avail. I was charged an upgrade fee and still had to sit in my original assigned seat because the flight was full and there was no way they would know what occurred with my reservation. The representative told me this after telling me to wait for her for over twenty minutes. She lacked empathy and did not want to bother with me at all.

Today my parents fly back and they have also been separated and told the exact same thing. "The flight is full and there is nothing we can do." When asked why this occurred, they say that all airlines do it. To me that is not an explanation or an apology, it simply demonstrates the lack of care for their customers. The representatives should receive customer care 101 and understand that it's because of customers that they are employed. This is the worst experience I have ever had with an airline. I would rather pay more and get better service without the lackadaisical attitude. The sales and customer service really lacks and in addition you are treated like a jerk for complaining about something that A. isn't your fault and B. shouldn't have happened in the first place. I will tell all my friends, family and colleagues to never use this airline and hope they go out of business ASAP.

This airline has been an absolute nightmare!!! 1st, we arrived on time. However the supervisor decided to depart 15 mins earlier and stated she was looking for me and my wife. That's funny, how does she know what we look like?? Trust me; my mind at this point is going in circles as to why they know we checked our bags in and how they could decided to leave 15 mins early without any notification!!!

2nd, I asked that they book us on the next flight. Sure they said, of course they will be charging us a no show fee, and this fee and that fee etc... I'm like, "You've got to be kidding me!!! You decided to leave early and now I have to pay for your incompetence?!?" This has got to be the worst experience in my entire life!!! And I fly 5-10 yearly! This has never happened to me before.

So after I called the 1-800 number and they were ZERO HELP, they said it would cost $700 each for me and my wife to reschedule for the next day. At the end of the day. I decided I will not give Aeromexico another penny and found cheaper flights through American Airlines & United. Lesson learned. I will never use this company in the future and I suggest you DO NOT either!

Improve the customer relations. Redo their website so that it does not change the destination because of the spelling. Answer the letters and emails in a timely manner. I was booking a trip to Varadero, Cuba. The website system changed Varadero, Cuba to Veracruz, Mexico. I didn't notice the change and now they refuse to change the ticket or refund the ticket. I noticed the change a few minutes after I booked and tried to change it by phone and the operator refused to do it, and also refused to connect me to a supervisor. I sent an email, which was answered shortly with a form letter. I sent another and this took more than 1 week to answer, again with a form letter. Don't fly Aeromexico if you can avoid it!

Aeromexico Company Profile