2. Travel

Aeromexico Reviews

Aeromexico
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.75/5

Aeromexico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?

Original review: April 15, 2021

Aeromexico and Delta Airline: What a NIGHTMARE!!! So, we booked flights with them leaving April 16 2020 leaving Cleveland OH to Cozumel MX for 7 people. Due to Covide19 shutdown we were in lockdown and flights were cancelled. We called and was told our tickets would be extended for a year. I would have to book by April 30, 2021 and fly by Nov 30, 2021. I have been trying to get these tickets rebook for a couple of weeks. Yesterday I was transfer or put on hold five times and each time the calls were dropped and long wait times. What I did find out is they have no flight from Cleveland nor are they flying into Cozumel. They are only flying from Pittsburgh or Buffalo to Cancun MX.

What this means is we now have to drive to Pittsburgh or Buffalo then when we arrive in Cancun, we have to hire a van to transport us 1 hour to Playa del Carmen then again pay for a 1-hour ferry ride to Cozumel. Then repeat the process to get back. To top it off while we paid $431.33 for the original round trip tickets. Now that they are not offering the flight we paid for and we have to jump through hoops to get to our destination Aeromexico in partnership with Delta Airlines are changing us an additional $953.40. Wait. There is more! I had to book flights for two more people. That done I get the email with the ticket in Spanish that I can't read and they never sent the ticket for the 7 that we had to change. I was on the line this time for 3 hours and 38 minutes! Now I am trying to get though again to the 7 missing tickets. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!

Original review: April 1, 2021

I bought a ticket last year and they cancelled my flight. When I asked for my money back they told me they couldn't give me my money on my bank account and the only way I can ask for my money is with a voucher. Now when I call the company to get my money in my bank account they said they can not give me the money back if I have a voucher... I'm not planning to travel this year or next and I need my money back!!!! I feel very upset with the way they have handled this situation. I just want to get my money back because the company was the one who cancelled my trip. I sent an email asking for my money and they just sent me the voucher and now they said is not valid for ask for money.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2021

Aeromexico customer service is horrible, about a year ago we purchase tickets and due to the pandemic our flight was cancelled, we received a voucher for a year and now that we are trying to book our new flight the airline is giving us hell. The system fail to take our vouchers and my credit card was charge for the full amount of the tickets, when I called they told me that the only thing they could do was give me a refund that would take 12 moths, so I would now have two vouchers and no flight reservation...yes that was their resolution. I would be out of pocket $2400.00 and still with no airplane tickets. What the hell are these people thinking. I am very frustrated and have no one that can help resolve the issue.

Original review: March 7, 2021

I feel the need to write this review because it is important that other people are not treated like I did, on this airline. I originally flew with this airline-AeroMexico about a year and half ago. At that time, I couldn't write a review because a family member was terribly ill. I bought the ticket thinking that this was one of the best airlines. I was so wrong. The food was okay and the WiFi was not a problem. The seats were the same like any other airlines I have flown with, before. However, the inhumane treatment that I received from the flight attendants was by far, the worst experience in my many years of flying.

My daughter who was 5 years old at the time needed to go to the bathroom, and so I told the flight attendant that she needed to go before she would pee in the plane. The flight attendant looked at me in the most evil way. It seemed as if she was possessed. I then asked another flight attendant and I had the same response. I told the lady -flight attendant again that my child needed to go to the restroom. This time she said, "You can not go anymore at this time. I am serving the food. You can take her when I finish serving everyone." I was disturbed by this because I would never imagine that someone would say no, knowing that a little child had to use the restroom. I waited like 40 minutes until my child was allowed to go to the restroom. And none of the attendants who I spoke to, told me that I can take her after such a long time. I had to figure this out on my own.

I WILL NEVER EVER FLY AGAIN THROUGH THIS AIRLINE. IT IS BY FAR THE WORST AIRLINE OUT THERE. AND EXPENSIVE TOO! I am writing this review to warn anyone who is planning a trip in the near future. If I can save someone from the frustration of experiencing something like this with their children, then I know that my review would have helped someone. It's not right to buy such an expensive ticket, and yet be treated like an animal. Please forgive me for the offensive words but that's how I felt on the that plane and I'm sure my child too. I felt powerless, knowing that my child needed to desperately use the bathroom, and not be able to.

Original review: March 7, 2021

Their customer service was horrible and unethical. I asked for assistance on a Spanish form that was required and I received a attitude from one of the workers. I didn't understand majority of the form and kept asking for help- He literally turned around and told me that it was very simple and easy to fill out he doesn't understand how come I can do it on my own (making it seem like I'm stupid). He just said to leave the form and leave.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Their price it's high for the service they provide. Flight with someone else. Save money and save your self from dealing with thieves. I'll never use this thieves again. Look at all the reviews. People are right. I should’ve have listen.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

We were checking into our flight at the Miami airport and wow everyone WARNING!!! Be careful booking with Delta as they partner with other airlines and go by the other airlines' policies and regulations. I love Delta and always try to book with them but what is this sneaky “operated by Aeromexico”?? Wow I wish I KNEW! Look out for this because get ready to PAY UP! We booked the more expensive ticket with Delta knowing that we can pay $30 to check a surf bag, then we get to the airport and the woman at the check in reception (Teresa is her name) said the regular bag payment is insufficient and we need to pay $150 BECAUSE it’s operated by Aeromexico. Wow. I'm extremely disappointed and will be cautious about booking with Delta again after their awful collaboration with one of the worst and SCAMMING companies in the world- Aeromexico.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Don't fly with Aeromexico. They have the worst customer service and they will SCAM YOU. I bought a fly from TIJUANA to GUADALAJARA but they didn't let me get in, because they totally ignored when I was registering my baggage and make me go again to the end of line and when it was my turn it was late already. I already contact customer service but they don't have a phone number. They will make you send a email but they will never contact you back. So please don't get scam. Get Volaris is cheaper and a super great service!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

In brief, they cancelled my flight and then gave me the run-around when I tried to get a refund. In July of 2020 I bought a round-trip ticket London-Cancun for a friend for travel in August. Three days later they cancelled their London-Mexico City flights for the entire month of August. I called to find an alternative, but they couldn't offer me anything, save for travel credit. When I said I wanted a refund, the agent said I'd have to write to a dedicated email address. The email was returned as undeliverable, so I opened a dispute through my credit card, figuring I'd get my money back that way. AeroMexico objected to the dispute, saying my fare was non-refundable; they said I had credit to use within a year, minus a $200 no-show fee. A no-show fee for a cancelled flight.

When I finally fixed the problem with their email address, they said that since I bought the ticket through a third party vendor (in this case Orbitz) I'd have to get the refund through them. Orbitz was helpful, but said they still had to go through AeroMexico for their approval before issuing a refund. Months went by, and all Orbitz could say was that the airlines are very slow these days and AeroMexico was not responding. So they have the manpower to object to my credit card dispute and keep my money, just not the manpower to approve my refund. I wrote to them several times about this discrepancy, but they never addressed that issue, just repeating I'd have to go through Orbitz.

Let me add, I tried to be understanding. I can see that the airlines are strapped. I said I would accept credit in place of a refund if I could change the name of the passenger (which the rules disallow; remember I got this for a friend) and if the credit were not time restricted (which so far as I can see just helps them out even more). They said they could not do that because their policies do not allow it. Of course, their policies are under their control. They could change their policy if they wanted to, or just make an exception. At this point, I'm looking to enter into a class-action lawsuit against them.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Pre-Covid I booked flights with Aeromexico. My flights were canceled due to Covid. They told me to use the vouchers before Feb 2021. I called to use them and could not find them. Yet they did charge my Bank Card. The Bank Card will not contest the charge because it's been too long and Aeromexico claims they cannot find my vouchers? How is it possible they can take my money, know my name in the system, and not find my vouchers? I have been patient and even kind in pursuing this, but I would never use this group to fly every again. In fact, I avoid them and encourage others to do so too.

V.