Aeromexico

Aeromexico Reviews

2.8/5 (837 ratings)

About Aeromexico Reviews

Aeromexico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?

Original review: May 11, 2022

On Friday May 6th, 2022, I had the worst experience ever with Aeroxmexico Airlines in Cancun (B737-800). My friend and I “missed” our flight that was scheduled to leave at 2:17pm to go to Mexico City. We arrived at the gate prior to our departure time by 2:00pm. Being two ladies in a country where we don’t know the language, we both felt scared and hopeless that we were going to be trapped there.

Prior to checking-in and getting our tickets at 12:40pm at the check-in counter of Aeromexico in Cancun Airport, the Aeromexico representative lady wrote on our ticket, 1:25pm. She didn’t specify anything what this time means nor mentioned anything that the flight is leaving early at 1:25pm. Also, the lady mentioned the flight was full, so our luggages needed to be checked in with no fee and our luggages will be sent directly to Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ), not having to worry about the transfer from Mexico City to Toronto, ON.

Our flight is scheduled to leave at 2:17pm, so we had enough time to explore the airport before departing. Arriving at the gate at 1:08pm, asking the Aeromexico representatives to confirm if this was the right gate to depart to Mexico City and they did confirm as seen in the photo below. As seen on the photo below, the flight is scheduled to leave at 2:20pm to Mexico. When we arrived at Gate 56 to depart for Mexico City by 2:00pm, the lady said we missed our flights, we need to get new tickets.

My friend and I left the Gate to go back to the Main Entrance for departure to get a new flight ticket. We spoke to the Aeromexico customer representatives to replace our ticket. Unfortunately, the two men who work for Aeromexico were not helpful, professional or friendly in our situation. All they said is you need to purchase a new ticket and there’s nothing they can do to help us. The fact that my friend and I were on time to depart to Mexico City in Gate 56 doesn’t justify this ridiculous inhumane treatment that we were going through by these Aeromexico workers. From this moment and even from the beginning of missing our flight, my friend and I were “traumatized” from this experience overall!

Out of all my travel experiences, AEROMEXICO is THE WORST AIRLINES to travel with. I felt like we were being bullied and not being heard nor getting any help from these workers. These workers were so unprofessional and showed no empathy or compassion. It’s unfortunate to go through this horrible experience with AEROMEXICO and the WORKERS! I will never travel with this airline again!

My friend and I had to purchase a new ticket, which cost $1437.63 each just to go back home to Toronto. I didn’t feel safe being in Cancun Airport nor did I feel safe being around with the workers. I felt like these workers were taking advantage of us. Being a foreigner in this country and treating us as if we weren’t humans. There was no compassion or empathy towards us, as I was crying and my hands were shaking.

It seems like all the Aeromexico workers in Cancun planned for this experience to happen, from checking-in to getting our boarding tickets to checking in our carry-on luggage to arriving at the Gates for departure and advising my friend and I, we missed our flights and telling us to purchase a new ticket. This is beyond the most heart-breaking and worst experience I have gone through. It seems so NORMAL FOR A FOREIGN PASSENGER TO GO THROUGH THIS EXPERIENCE WITH AEROMEXICO WHAT MY FRIEND AND I WENT THROUGH.

We did encounter a similar situation when we arrived at our new Gate with our new tickets, expressing how their family member missed their flight and there’s no available tickets to leave from Cancun to Toronto. It’s important for all travelers to be aware of how Aeromexico staff members in Cancun airport are treating their passengers unprofessionally and rude. My friend and I shouldn't even purchase a new ticket! We should be getting a replacement ticket with no fee. This was not our fault! No flights leave early in general. Usually flights leave 10-20 minutes after the scheduled time. Thus, I would recommend never to travel with Aeromexico airlines, as they are known to oversell their flight tickets, as shown below. The Aeromexico workers are unprofessional and rude!

Original review: May 4, 2022

It's amazing in this day and age that communication and justice is at its worst. Aeromexico no matter if you email them or call them they do not accommodate, answer or communicate. My flight was cancelled to 6 hours earlier and tried to get a refund. I wrote a letter to the Dept of Aviation Consumer Protection and never heard a word back.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2022

My mother and brother from Ukraine were supposed to travel to Mexico through Poland. In this not easy times I got them expensive tickets for vacation with Booking.com. My mom owns a little 4 kilos chihuahua dog that she was supposed to travel with. Aeromexico the worst company you can ever travel with. The ticket was connected with Air France And I booked dog ticket with Air France from Warsaw to Paris no problem. Meanwhile Mexican Avía company thinks it’s okay to lie to people. I spoke to at least 20 people on a phone before the flight to make sure they send me a ticket for the dog. The day before the flight a guy took information about dog and told me, "I’ve send you confirmation email “FOR THE DOG” and quoting: “when you get to the airport miss, you can pay and get on a plane no problem!”"

I got email that consisted of 4 sheets of paper all in SPANISH that was supposed to let dog on a flight. When they arrived to the airport in Warsaw representative of Air France didn’t let them on a plane “Warsaw to Paris” because dog didn’t have a ticket “Paris to Mexico City”. (I called before I purchased this ticket and after” to make sure everything will be okay.) Hundred times… We were devastated… I spent 2,500$ for those tickets and no one offered any credit or even half refund.

The nice lady from Air France offered me change the tickets to April 22 instead of April 16 for additional cost. Remind you that all hotels were booked and all the vacation was booked as well. I didn’t want to change tickets I just wanted to cancel everything. And get at least something back of any of those people on booking.com or Aeromexico to feel a little bad for those poor Ukrainians, like seriously. No one gives a **. Cause change of tickets means change of plans and my mother went through enough already leaving a war. To take another train to Warsaw and be stuck in the airport for 8hours. Anyway people, just warning before you ever think with getting on a plain with AeroMexico … Think twice! They lied and misinformed me ten times. As a result I lost 2500 dollars and so much nerves that no money can buy.

Original review: March 22, 2022

Plain theft from the airline. They kept the money from a canceled flight and said they won't refund it nor issue a voucher or anything. No matter how many times I contacted them, also it's very very hard to get a hold of someone and they never reply the email requests.

Original review: March 20, 2022

In my entire 40 years living in this planet. I have never experienced anything like what AeroMexico put me through in terms of customer service (or lack thereof). As a traveler, I’ve heard so many rumors about how terrible AeroMexico was but we bought our tickets from them anyway being misled that they were a legit company and it was so easy to change a flight. Their website makes it look so easy but when the time came to change a return flight, it wouldn’t work at all to the point that it even locked us out completely from accessing our own flight on the website so that we were forced to deal with customer service. I spent eight hours yesterday on the phone with them. No, this is not something a normal person would ever do but I was testing to see if I was actually going to get any results and I’m really stubborn.

I waited for two supervisors on two separate occasions only to be put on hold for two hours each time. This was after spending a whole four hours on the phone with them already trying to get a single return flight changed. You wouldn’t believe the amount of lies the customer service representatives told us to cover up the fact that they were never going to change our flight. We even called them out on multiple occasions about their contradicting information. One guy said it was impossible to change the flight on the website while multiple reps said to do it on the website.

And get this, it gets even worse. Each time we called and we were ready to pay for the price difference to change our flight, the price went up from $50 USD to $600 USD per ticket in a span of five hours. And the reason why we couldn’t lock in the $50 USD ticket is because we tried doing it multiple times with them on the phone and they kept giving us excuses why the card wouldn’t go through even when we tried different cards. I even had my bank on the other line at one point to confirm with them that it was a merchant problem because AeroMexico tried to blame my bank.

Their company practices literally operate like a scam. After eight hours of waiting on the phone a representative finally told us to send an email to get a refund. We called again the next morning and asked them when this email would be answered and they said 20 to 30 days. Isn’t that hilarious? I am never ever ever going to use this company ever again. They have caused a lot of emotional stress for us and when I did some reading online about other people's experiences ours isn’t even that bad compared to theirs. There is even a thread on Reddit talking about a class action lawsuit. DO NOT FLY AEROMEXICO!!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

After having traveled throughout the world on several airlines. I can honestly say that this is one the worst customer services airlines in the world. They intentionally hang up on you and do not call you back even when you ask. I asked them to call me back since I had tried 4 different times to rebook and they put me on hold and after 15 minutes hung up on me. I would go directly to your bank to refund you and not rebook with this airline if possible. The worst part is that the airline service in person isn't bad at all but when you need customer service it is terrible.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

My husband surprised me with tickets to Mexico City as a gift, we were both very excited. I’m enrolled in school but due to a recent Covid outbreak all of my curriculum for the entire year has changed. Because of this change I had no choice but to try to change the flight to a different day so it wouldn’t interfere with my education. We called, only to find out that there is no way to change the dates or to cancel the flight. NO Matter what happens in your life. Customer service gave us an e-mail so we could plea our case. Haven’t heard back from them. Mind you, this is 2 months in advance. Even with a major pandemic this fraudulent airline refuses to help a customer. This should be illegal, I never had such terrible experience with any airline. I will continue to voice this disgrace. PURE FRAUD!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2022

I wanted to make a change one of my flights back from a holiday in Costa Rica and contacted the call centre. It took me 1 full day of calling to finally make it, in between countless waiting time, people hanging up the phone, transferring me to other departments that could not make the change. Finally made the date change and pay the fare difference plus a penalty. Once I arrive to the airport, the person at the counter tells me I have to pay for my check in luggage as it was not included in my ticket. This was not mentioned to me by the call center, and since my original flight included it I complained that it wasn't communicated to me. Had no choice but to pay...

Original review: Jan. 3, 2022

I booked a trip to go home to Brazil for Christmas on December 20th, however I was diagnosed with COVID the following day and had to cancel my flight. When I called to try to cancel my flight within 24 hours of booking, they told me I had to email customer support, customer support didn't get back to me within a week. I called the phone line twice and again they were unable to help me. The email customer service replied then with an automated email. I called again, explained the situation, they again told me to contact the email, this time with proof of my positive COVID test. I did as they instructed, again, got an automated response. I called back again, they told me they would have the email staff respond to me and if they didn't to call back and ask to speak to the supervisor.

Since then I have called five times today and every single employee refuses to transfer me to the supervisors, each time with a new excuse ("the supervisor is out today", "I do not have a supervisor", "the wait time will be an hour to speak to him", etc.). Aeromexico customer service is an absolute disgrace and I will never do business with this airline again. For making this the most painful experience I have EVER had in trying to get a $600 refund over an already miserable holiday spent alone and with COVID, I will make it a personal life goal of mine that no one I know ever does business with them either.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

Orlando to Mexico terrible business class can even give me sugar for my coffee. Mexico Puerto Vallarta terrible late again. Puerto Vallarta Mexico was late late. Loses my connection to Delta to go back to the state. You can find somebody that be nice to you here. The only thing that cares about money. And if you don't do the right thing that threat you and say they're gonna do something to you. What a shame. Bad company our AeroMexico. Should be flying in the United States And today I'm not the only one. At least 2 more. So be aware. Don't use AeroMexico in the United States. Really bad company.

Aeromexico Company Information