2. Travel

Aeromexico Reviews

Aeromexico
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.39/5

Aeromexico Reviews

Original review: Dec. 24, 2019

I was given the run around when trying to recover my property from the assigned gate. We had just boarded the plane when I realized my phone was missing. I wanted to check the gate to see if it had been left behind. Staff said I could deplane accompanied by a AeroMexico staff member. However later another employee came and denied my request saying it was against procedure. I then asked how could we come to a solution to my problem. Could someone check and retrieve my phone. She flat out said no. That it was my problem and staff were not allowed to touch customers property.

I was told if I deplane for my phone I must exit the terminal and purchase a new ticket, that I would not be allowed to record the plane. I was then lied to, the flight attendant said that security would retrieve my phone and send it to lost and found for me to claim. Once I contacted customer service they denied that they held any responsibility. I am extremely disappointed that during this holiday season Aeromexico refused to help their clientele.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

A year ago I purchase tickets to fly to Tabasco Mexico and I've been given the runaround. They asked for so many documents and once I send the documents they asked for more. I finally got their phone number when I went to Tijuana Mexico to speak to someone. The person who I spoke to was Carlos **. He let me know that the ticket had expired and now there was nothing they could do about my refund that I had lost my refund. I was really upset. I asked to speak to a supervisor. He put me on hold and when he came back to the phone he let me know that there was no supervisor available to speak to. And he went on to tell me about the procedures of the airline. I didn't want to hear his nonsense and got off the phone.

The refund is more than $500.00 and they just want to keep it. How can that be possible when they were the ones that cancel the flight. I don't plan to flight with this airline anymore. Every time I've used them something went wrong. The flight was late. One time I had to wait 7 hrs for another flight in Mexico City. I should had learned my lesson. They said the plane we were going to use had something wrong with it and for our safety we would have to take another plane. With this situation I lost a lot of money. I had rented a car and could not get a refund from that either the hotel and all other expenses. I'm so upset. This air lines make a lot of money. I don't understand why they just won't give me my money.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Hi, I need to file a complaint regarding an agent at the Chicago airport (ORD), Lilia **. In case there’s other employee with the same name, I’ve attached her LinkedIn profile. https://www.linkedin.com › lilia-**-**. On 11/30/2019, we did not make to our connecting flight from Mexico City to Atlanta. Other than my family of five, there were over another dozen of passengers missed their flight to ATL or Seattle. We were sent to the AeroMexico Kiosk where there were 3 agents trying to help re-route about 30 of us. Some had to spend a night in Mexico City, others were re-routed to different cities. We were all issued lunch vouchers. Those had to spend a night in Mexico City would stay in the Holiday Inn. Another couple and my family of 5 were re-routed to Chicago and we were told to go see an agent at the AeroMexico counter once we arrive ORD.

We arrived the counter before 23:30 on 11/30/2019. There were over 200 to 300 people at the counter when we arrived. I found an agent and explained what we were told to do. He went to see a supervisor and told us we had to wait for them finish checking in all the passengers on the Guadalajara. We waited another almost 2 hours. The supervisor told us that she had to wait for the duty manager as she’s the only person authorized to book us the hotel. We waited another 30 minutes.

When Ms. **, the duty manager arrives, she said that she receives no instruction regarding our hotel accommodation. I showed her a picture of our lunch voucher (also attached) and explained to her what we (my family of 5 and the couple heading back to Omaha) were told to do, which is come see them and they’ll take care of us, and we have no reason to lie about it. She declined to provide the hotel accommodation and was extremely rude to us in front of my children. After we plead to her for help, she said there’s nothing she can nor will do and walked away, taking the entire staff with her. I’m sure this is not how your company demonstrate good public relation and leadership to your staff.

At that time, it was 2AM on Sunday 12/01, we had waited for her with hope for almost 3 hours. My children were in short, T-shrit, and Crocs coming from Mazatlan to 38 degree Chicago. I’m struggle to find a place for them to rest since we all been up since 6 AM the day before. I was able to find a room in Hilton and it was already 3AM by then. We didn’t have appropriate cloth but have no choice but wait for the shuttle bus outside on the street by the Airport. The other couple, who we kept in contact after returned to our home, slept in the terminal that night with all of their luggage in order to board a 7AM flight back to Omaha.

If we weren’t told that you’ll take care of us, we could have asked our cousins in Chicago to come get us or book hotels ourselves while we were still in Mexico City. We trusted the Kiosk agent and found Lilia **. She blamed us not to ask for the Hotel Voucher while we were in Mexico City that we were “not following the process” (like we supposed to know that!!?? We were only doing what we were told).

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I understand now that the rule is if I missed a flight due to being sick, then all the preceding flights are cancelled. Why is this is a rule? Is it reasonable to charge me $922 to board a flight I have already paid for in full? MORE THAN THE ORIGINAL FLIGHT! First and foremost this is outrageous! Secondly this policy should be on the itinerary and much clearer when buying the ticket despite if it is through an agent.

I will now tell you about my experience at the check in desk in San Jose. When I arrived I was served by a young man called Aubrey I believe. He checked me in, printed my boarding pass and tagged my luggage. He then put my boarding pass on the counter and told me to wait one minute and left to talk to a lady called Karla ** with no explanation.

He returned and asked me if I had changed my flight. I explained that I had got food poisoning in Mexico so I missed my flight and booked a flight a day later. He then left to talk to Karla ** again. They both then returned to the desk and told me I lost all my flights and that I need to call the call centre or pay $350 penalty. I explained to them both my phone got stolen in san jose the previous night and visibly upset and reluctantly I will pay the $350 penalty.

They both then walked off and didn't return for 15 minutes. The young man came back to the desk on the phone and just told me he is calling mexico. I then stood at the desk with no update just watching this member of Aeromexico staff play and send messages on his phone and whispering in Spanish and making jokes and laughing with his colleague on the next desk, whilst I was obviously worried and upset at the desk. I have never experienced such unprofessional, insensitive service not only at an airport but in any customer service setting.

I then asked him what was happening and he just replied that he doesn't know. They are checking. The next communication was 10 minutes later and he asked if I was paying dollars or colones. I confirmed the amount was $350, the price he had earlier quoted me whilst himself and Ms ** were at the desk. He replied he doesn't know and again left the desk with no other explanation.

When he returned he told me the flight was full and I need to upgrade my class and so it will cost me $922. I then asked to speak to a supervisor for an explanation as to why my seat had been issued when I arrived and why I was quoted a different price one hour earlier and what exactly am I paying that much for. Her response was she doesn't need to explain, I need to read the rules and either pay or stay in san jose. The young man was more helpful and checked flights direct back to Canada as I considered cancelling my trip because of the expense but the price was similar and I am meeting some family here in Colombia so I was forced to pay the $922, which I am still unsure as what I paid for.

I then asked for a printed itinerary for my whole flight and she told me, "Check your email" and walked off despite me explaining earlier that my phone was stolen in san jose therefore I have no access to my email at the airport. I find it unbelievable that a customer who paid £550 for the flight and then just charged $922 for the same flight it is such an effort to print my details on a piece of paper. The young man was helpful and he printed that for me. Another passenger asked me if I was ok and gave me a tissue whilst this supervisor treated me like just another annoying passenger. Disgusting woman. The young man gave my ticket and apologized sincerely for my situation.

Once I got on the plane, flight AM691 there is no class other than economy and I counted 7 empty seats just close to where my seat was allocated 14A on the flight from san jose to Mexico City and an almost empty flight from mexico city to Bogota. Also on the flight from san jose to mexico city a lady was sat in my allocated seat so I was told I need to sit somewhere else. This isn't a big problem but considering the whole experience I think this is just one big joke.

So once again I was lied to and told it cost me so much because I had to upgrade the class. Nobody has any idea and telling me all different things. This whole experience has left me feeling taken advantage of and like this airlines only priority is to take customers money even if it will ruin their whole trip. I have flown with aeromexico a few times and never had any problems but after this experience I will never again. I have since emailed that I would appreciate an explanation as to what I actually paid for as none of the ground staff seem to have any idea. When I asked who I can make a inquiry and a complaint to they just told me try in mexico. Since I've recieved a reply via email...

"You have generated a flight reservation with Aeromexico, which is a contract where the airline commits to transport it to you at the times and dates established in the order you chose. Therefore, you must take the flights in the order in which you made the purchase; If you did not use a flight segment, the contract is canceled because you have not complied with it and you will not be able to use the following segments until you pay a change fee in the reservation area (if your reservation allows changes)."

This I understand. However why was I told one price at the desk which then changed and also told I had to pay an upgrade to premium economy which didn't exist because the flights were full even though they were not at all. When I replied again for a break down of exactly what the breakdown is for $922 and why I was charged premium economy I was simply told the charge covers the phone call an international call from san jose to mexico that I didn't even ask them to make or informed that they will be charging me for this, and cancellation fees of flights that I didn't cancel (MORE THAN ALL MY FLIGHT COMBINED) A following statement that my case has been closed. This airline is the worst I've ever flown with. Stay away at all costs!!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

I got hives on the plane. Seen a doctor on the plane and was given meds. I was ill and an hour late for my flight out of Mexico City. I don't know Spanish, and was told to wait in line, after 2 hours they directed me to another line. They offered me a flight to Tijuana which was my destination. The $1,800 price tag almost made me gag. Then they told me that all of my flights I had paid for to return to Vancouver BC were cancelled! They even had the nerve to tell me my seat would be empty!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

I have tried to make contact with this business multiple times over the last month. This airline does not offer phone support other than for very basic assistance like sales. Everything else must be through email to amcomplaint@aeromexico.com. However, my issue is they don't respond to their email. I asked for a tax to be refunded that I was never supposed to be charged as I was exempt from this tax, as well as a refund for a phone booking fee that I was not notified about until after the charge was completed. They responded to me that ¨everyone is notified about the phone charge, and that the tax would not be refunded.¨

I replied on August 28th (Case number: **) clarifying which tax I was referring to, I also asked them to review the call recording as they would hear that I inquired about the phone fee to be refunded while I was on the phone with the representative. The sales agent did not mention the fee. I inquired with him about the fee after seeing it on the receipt in my email. He told me the only way to receive a refund was to email the complaints department. This was during the sale, not in another interaction. Furthermore, I would have never made a phone reservation but their online booking system was having an issue and the error message told me I needed to call to complete the reservation. For this reason alone they should have refunded me that fee. However, I received no response to this email.

I emailed again September 17th (case number: **), to let them know that I was injured in an accident and would not be able to make the flight. I emailed them a medical certificate, and photos of my injuries, and I requested that they provide either a refund or a credit to be used on a future flight. They couldn't even be bothered to reply with a ¨no.¨ Just no response at all.

I later realized that my Visa Infinite card that I made the payment on came with trip insurance, so I filed a claim with my insurance company. My insurance company requested a letter from the airline stating that the trip was canceled. The airline did send this. However, after I submitted the letter to my insurance, my insurance company requested that the letter also include additional details. I requested a revision to the letter on September 23rd (case number: **). However, once again, I received no response. Despite being routinely ignored by this business the only thing I am asking for is a document confirming 1. the cancellation of the flight, 2. the amounts reimbursed and the fines charged OR indicating that there will be no refund. Also, an apology for simply ignoring almost every communication with them would also be nice.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

This company treats its customers atrociously. I had a small layover planned in Mexico City, and chose to buy another ticket to arrive several days beforehand in order to extend my stay there (learning that I could stay to visit a friend who would be in and out of the hospital). I arrive to the airport to leave Mexico City, and I'm informed that by not having taken my initial flight in the layover process, I've therefore forfeited my ticket and must buy another, which totalled more than my original return ticket! In addition, the lady claimed that neither my credit card nor my debit card worked on her machine, so I had to use an airport ATM in order to pay in cash. I never received an email confirmation or any proof for this other ticket that I was forced to purchase, and I feel strongly as though I've been scammed.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I am very disappointed with Areomexico and this review is based on my last experience with this airline. I had a reservation for my mom. Unfortunately she had a medical emergency and needed a gallbladder surgery. When I contacted Aeromexico about this to re-schedule the trip, they told me that I had to pay U$200 dollars to change the date and U$150 because not shown, also that I have to pay the difference in price if there was any because the new dates. We did not have insurance and that is how the company works. The only way they will give the money back is if she would’ve passed away. Surgeries and other emergencies are not applicable and you have to pay. I must mention we did not want any money back, just travel date updates. The communication was all over email. There is no way you can talk to anyone from customer service, just people from sales department.

Long story short I accepted to pay the U$350 and started looking into new dates and prices on their website. After my research I found out that the new price was U$771.48. This price is from Aeromexico website, so I decided to give call and book/re-schedule the trip with the new dates. At the time of my call the agent confirmed the price I got from their website but after telling them that I was just going to re-schedule and gave him my old reservation number they told me that the prices on their website which is the same price he gave me did not apply to me anymore. The customer service representative said that new tickets prices are different than change of date rates, and I had to pay U$879 for the change of date, U$350 fine and U$529 because the difference in prices. Keep in mind on their website a new ticket is U$720 and I originally paid U$1024.

Also, I am buying the same destination, same economy seats, same hours, just a different dates and paying the fines and difference in price if there is any, the same agent confirmed that in my case was better to buy a new ticket with the new days than re-scheduling the fly. Can you guys believe this? What kind of customer service is this? I won’t recommend this airline anymore; it is ridiculous the way they treat their clients. At the end was cheaper to buy a new ticket than changing the dates.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I bought a ticket from San Jose, CR to ciudad Juarez. As I paid thru PayPal I get a glitch on their website telling that the payment did not go thru and to try again later. I then, buy another ticket for the same day just to Mexico City to visit my grandma instead, and payment goes thru. No problem. I, then, get an email that BOTH payments went thru. Called costumer service to get a refund for the first one, told me I could not get a refund and charged me 215 dollars to pay for a later date although the price difference was 90 cents. unbelievable. Rude and careless customer service. I will never book with them again.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Booked my flight for 2 people to Cancun through their website. By default their travel insurance is on your tab so one has to actively de-select it and save changes to make sure you are not charged for that. Once that has been performed, I use Paypal to complete the transaction and the amount on the Paypal account looks correct. Once you submit the payment, the insurance was then slapped back on to your transaction and one pays for the insurance anyways. Customer service denies any glitch with their system and no refund can be issued. My bank then corrects the amount and then Aeromexico cancels only one of my flights refunding me only partial the amount for that one person flight. Customer service uselessly apologizes and does nothing. I can't believe this sort of company is in anyway associated with SkyTeam. The budget airlines in Mexico are better than these idiots.

Not sure about Aeromexico?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Airlines for you.

Aeromexico Company Information