3.57/5

Aeromexico Reviews

304 Aeromexico Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 12, 2019

AM 472 was the flight and was connecting to Houston TX but the baggage handlers sent my luggage somewhere else. I missed my flight to Houston then that messed up my flight to Chicago IL. So I go up there to the the agent and ask what can be done. The agent tells me nothing no refund no voucher for the next flight. I ask, "Why you messed up my flight?" Then she said, "We can't do anything," and just walked away. So I called the complaint line they tell me the same. I will have to buy another ticket. This is garbage airline. Unprofessional. They didn't handle anything right so I'm stuck paying for 2 tickets again on their behalf. Never ever fly this airline garbage.

Original review: July 9, 2019

My wife and I made reservations three months in advance of our flight AM 2687 on June 3rd to Ecuador via Mexico City from Austin, Texas, returning June 24th. We arrived three hours early in order to take care of any unknown problems. At the ticket counter we were told my wife's name on her ticket did not match her ID. The ticket read "Jeannie" and her ID read "Jean". We asked if they could change the name on their ticket from Jeannie to Jean and they said they could edit a name and could change 3 characters of the name on the ticket, but could not delete any characters. They would not change Jeannie to Jean by deleting 3 characters. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!

No matter how much I begged and pleaded there were no exceptions, they would not change her ticket. Our trip was a disaster, especially when I asked to buy another ticket and they would not sell me another ticket because the flight was overbooked. WHAT? My wife is no longer occupying a seat, why can't I buy another ticket to occupy the seat she has just been denied because her name spelling. They did not offer any options, like maybe a later flight, like maybe being put on standby, nothing!

Customer relations is without a doubt nonexistent, nill, none, ninguna. They tried to blow some smoke up my behind with some reason I did not understand. It became obvious then that you could resell the seat she was denied because of overbooking, at a higher price, more money, more profit, and who is it going to hurt. Well it hurt us deeply, and of course they did not offer a refund.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 5, 2019

It sounds to me like all the bad reviews fall on the customers being in the wrong, you can’t book through an agency and expect for the airline to fix the mistakes that the agency you booked through made. I’ve flown Aeroméxico plenty times and never had a problem. Another thing I see a lot of complaints about the airline's workers barely knowing English. What do you expect when you are flying on a MEXICAN airline in MEXICO. But you guys are the same people telling Hispanics here in the US to “speak English”, “this isn’t your country, speak our language or go back where you came from”. A lot of the bad reviews sound like spoiled ** privileged Americans who per usual expect everything to be done for them.

Original review: June 28, 2019

COMPLAINT-- On Monday, June 24, 2019, at approximately 10:00 am I created a Club Premier account and booked a flight from HOU to MEX. Upon entering my credit card information and submitting my payment the billing portal was having issues and would tell me to call in for assistance. I attempted to submit my payment online three times and each time it told me I needed to call in for assistance. After the third try I called in and made my purchase over the phone. At the time of making my payment the agent informed me my total was going to be $601.75. I told the agent that my total online was only showing $549.75. He said well for calling in there would be a $15 "service charge".

I explained to the agent that I was not calling in because by choice. I was calling in because the online website was having issues accepting payments and it basically forced me to call in. The agent agreed and confirmed that the airline was currently experiencing payment problems with the online website. I told him I needed the service charge waived because it was not my fault his online services was having technical difficulties. He refused to waive the fee. I did not want to risk losing my airline seat as I noticed tickets were selling quickly online so I told him I would make the purchase but that I did not feel that it was fair nor correct. He did not care. I also asked him if why my ticket price was going up by $50 when his "service charge" was only for $15. He said that is just the price of the current ticket.

I went back online while we were talking and that was not true. My ticket was still only $549.75. Again, I did not want to lose my airline seat price so I told him I would finalize my purchase before hanging up but that I would be submitting a complaint. He did not care. Today I reviewed my bank statement and I noticed 3 charges. One for $549.75, the price of my seat ticket, one for $15, the price of his "service charge" and another for $35 which I was not expecting so I called into customer service to inquire about these charges. I spoke to Ceasar ** today and he informed me that the $35 charge was for concierge service. I NEVER requested concierge service.

My wife will be flying to visit her mother in Mexico for like the one hundredth time in her adult lifetime and she will NOT be needed concierge service. She can probably show them around and teach them a few things about Mexico City. I am writing to request refund of my $15 "service charge" and my $35 concierge charge. I did not request a concierge and I do not want a concierge. Please talk to your customer service phone staff and inform them that adding services to clients is wrong and bad business. I enjoy informing the public of bad service when I receive it and ESPECIALLY if it does not get resolved in a timely manner. Dennis

Original review: June 5, 2019

I bought a flight for a contractor who was supposed to work an event I promoted. The contractor no-showed. Nearly 48 hours before the flight, I called and cancelled. They let me "leave the ticket open." I was led to believe that I could just use that as a credit toward a future flight. I run a lucha libre company and frequently fly talent in from Mexico, so I was fine with the credit.

Two weeks later, I called to arrange a flight for a different contractor, and asked to use the credit. The agent told me that the ticket was ONLY open for the person I initially purchased it for; someone whom I will not book again. I could not purchase a ticket for anyone else, using that credit. I went through the paces with the complaint department. All I got was a canned response saying "the ticket is non-transferable, but thank you for making us your carrier of choice." Translation: "You may as well have flushed your money down the toilet, but thanks for letting us keep it instead." There are cheaper airlines that fly out of Mexico, that give you this same level of poor "customer service," with the exact same quality flights. I will be taking my FREQUENT business elsewhere, in the future.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?

Original review: June 1, 2019

We were traveling home to Los Angeles from Mexico City. Had been interviewed and told we were properly vetted to board our flight. When we got to the boarding gate they said we were missing a document and had to go up one at Immigration. We ran to Immigration, paid for the document and got back to the gate 15 minutes before the flight was to depart and were denied boarding our flight. This happened on October 20, 2018. We had to buy 2 more tickets for more than $1000.00 and wait in the airport for 16 hours for our flight home.

I made 2 written complaints to Aeromexico and both times they put the blame on us. The staff in Mexico City is running an illegal scam. I have written to PROFECO and now I am writing a complaint to CARE. This agency reviews complaints and I am hoping to get our money back. I would never recommend Aeromexico and I am hoping to get a consumer reporter interested in not just my story but hundreds of others that I have found on social media.

Original review: May 28, 2019

Save yourself a lot of money and trouble and NEVER fly Aeromexico. We encountered extra charges at 3 of the 4 legs of our trip to the amount of $2600 of additional fees (for 3 people). It is unbelievable. The Aeromexico agents kept telling me they couldn't do anything about the fees but gave me a number to call once I got home. I called the number and was told that all customer complaints are handled by email only, and they gave me the email address. I wrote a detailed description of the problem and sent it to the email address. It has been over 2 months and NO ONE HAS EVER RESPONDED to my email. There were more problems which included hours of delays due to incorrect information and agents having multiple responsibilities so they would leave one post for hours with no sign or indication of when they would return. Please do yourself a favor and avoid Aeromexico... Any upfront savings will be charged to you during your travel.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Aeromexico. Forget it. Do not trust them! On February 6 I was trying to make a reservation for a flight from Puerto Vallarta to Mexico City through their website https://www.aeromexico.com. Unfortunately the site was not working properly and I was not able to complete the booking! Redirecting me to call 55 51334050 to complete booking. After doing so, I did receive a confirmation by e-mail: "You're cleared for take off to Ciudad de Mexico. Confirmation #**. E-ticket Receipt # **. Attachments. •Travel Reservation February 22 for GIORGIO **.pdf (30.41KB). •Electronic ticket receipt, February 22 for GIORGIO **.pdf (34.78KB)"

Day Feb.22 at early in the morning I went to the airport and when I tried to do the check-in, I was told that my reservation was canceled and the amount was reimbursed! I didn’t receive any E-mail or a phone call to notify me of the action taken! (Both information were available in that Confirmation! At that point I had no other option than to buy another ticket for the same flight of my reservation at a price 6 times over of my original ticket. Confirmation #** (because of my connecting international flight with Copa Airlines). Their customer service has a bullying protocol knowing that there is not much that we can do. My advice is {unless Aeromexico is the only option} to use a different airline. Let's stand to this corporative bullying. For sure they will never ever see a dime from me! I'll prefer to take a bus!

Original review: April 27, 2019

As a delayed flight to Lima had us arriving with moments to spare, we tried to get some help to discover if we could get our flight, our must rebook. Advised to go to Aeromexico office by our late flights' crew, we were confronted by the rudest, most uncaring office staff we have ever encountered. The 2 ladies in the Lima office set a new low in service, if that word could even be used. They seemed annoyed that we had dared to bother them by asking for help. They basically told us to get out of the office as they would not help us. Given a phone number that we had already tried with no success, we were to told there was a free phone somewhere "downstairs" even Spanish speakers could not comprehend. As a 68 year old male, I felt their main goal was to give me a heart attack as punishment for disturbing them!

In addition, the quality of the phone line to rebook was horrible. The noise and confusion of an airport added to a 2 second speaking delay made for a most frustrating experience. By the time I was finished re-booking, I could not tell if the costs were $1500 per person or for both of us. Even Spanish speakers who tried to help had great difficulty with assisting us. Thanks to them for even offering to help!

To sum up, even flight for free would not get me to fly Aeromexico again and if you choose them as your carrier, pray that you never have a problem because you certainly won't get any help from this airline. Even the service desk in Mexico City, could only apologize, instead of taking our information and offering a follow-up to make certain our concerns were received. We will see if an email to customer service results in any response.

Original review: March 20, 2019

They will extort and steal from you, and then deny you access to any customer service. Constant stress and extra fees. They will make you miss your connection and then force you to re-buy, holding you hostage. Common extortion. Avoid like the plague. I'd rather walk. DO NOT FLY AEROMEXICO.

Aeromexico Company Information