1.03/5
Based on 32 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Aeromexico Reviews

273 Aeromexico Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Hi. My name is Gabriel and my daughter had a flight to Mexico on July 23 and she came at 7:30 pm and my family was waiting for her and nobody gave information about her. I needed to call the Aeromexico to give information to my family because my daughter wasn't on time. My daughter came out at 9:30 because they call her overhead. When she came back to New York on August the 13 she had a flight at 9:15 am. She was with her grandpa and her aunt looking to check in for my daughter's flight and they kept asking people who worked there where should they go in line. They told them to go over to a different line and they asked again and they told them to go to another line. The people who worked there gave them the wrong directions to which line they should go to.

But every time they asked them to help them they were very rude to my daughter's aunt and her grandpa and barely helped them. They waited online for a long time only to know it was the wrong line. Then they went to another line which this guy who also worked there told them to go to. There were machines on the line where they waited to go through to check in the luggage. It was finally my daughter's turn to go put her information of her flight on the system. They checked her passport and scanned her flight ticket. The guy that helped them said that they didn't pay the luggage even though I did pay for it. The guy said that I had to pay 500 pesos Mexicanos to him so that the luggage can come with my daughter.

My daughter asked another guy that worked there if he could help them. She explained what had happened and he said to go over to the other line to check in because this is the wrong line. The other guy that told me I needed to pay interrupted my conversation with the guy that was helping me. The guy who said that my daughter luggage wasn't paid then told them that the machines weren't working.

My daughter and her aunt left to the correct line to check in her luggage. They finally check in only to find out that my daughter luggage couldn't enter the plane because it was already too late. They said it was fine and they explained what my daughter should do with my luggage. It was already late. They ran fast to go through security but she couldn't pass through because she is underage. My daughter is fifteen and I remember calling and saying that it was okay for her to go since she was fifteen. It took her forever and the ladies who worked there said she needed to get a stamp. Her aunt had to get it which wasted time and then she finally got the stamp which said minor.

My daughter then rushed to get to her flight and it was early for her still. When she got there in the plane already took off. My daughter lost her flight because the people that worked there gave them the wrong direction and barely helped them. They got there at 6:00 am and it took them a really long time. They wasted my daughter and her aunt's time trying to find where to check in. I had to buy another ticket the same day. It cost me 500 dollars. The next day I checked in with the company to buy the ticket and they told me that Aeromexico that my daughter didn't show to the flight. My son called Aeromexico and didn't give him information and said that my daughter was not accompanied by no one even though her aunt and grandpa were with her. They didn't give us a refund on the flight that my daughter had missed because of the people who worked weren't helping them at all.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Aeromexico's negligent attitude and flight delays caused my family 24 hours of stress and panic. We will never fly them again and caution others to not use this airline. The customer service agents are rude and do not communicate. Here is the horror of our events. Our return flight from Queretaro, Mexico to Mexico City was delayed an HOUR, resulting in us missing our connecting flight after being told we didn't need to worry because they let the connecting flight know passengers on our flight were delayed. We were told it would be a tight time frame but we would make the flight.

Once we arrived we had 5 minutes to get to our plane which was on the other side of the airport. Impossible! Once we arrived at the gate the agents were completely since as they laughed and typed on their computer. Finally they told us the plane left 30 minutes prior and it was not their problem. They laughed and told my husband we were stupid because we scheduled our connecting flight 2.5 hours after arrival. After my husband argued with them for 30 minutes they did give us new tickets but that just caused even more chaos.

We were issued new tickets for a flight 8 hours later, with no hotel accommodations, and the new tickets caused us to miss our next flight. So after much argument back and forth Aeromexico issued all new tickets for entire trip back to United States without additional charges. Or so we thought... Once it was time to board Aeromexico to Los Angeles they kept changing the gate number without announcing it on the board or through intercom. So we go to board the plane and are told gate has changed. We run to other side and then are told gate changed again. Finally board the plane, and head to LA.

Once we arrived to Los Angeles it was determined that Aeromexico failed to issue our children's tickets for the final lag of our trip though they ensured us back in Mexico City they did. At this point the final destination tickets were through Delta. So Delta then ensures us tickets are fixed and once my husband and I board the plane our children are held back because their tickets didn't work AGAIN. Finally after my kids freak out because their parents are already on the plane Delta allowed the children to board the plane. This wasn't Delta's fault, Aeromexico issued the tickets for us but they couldn't even do it correctly, causing more delays and stress.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We were supposed to fly out of Guadalajara on Sunday 7/29/18. Our flight was supposed to leave at 6:01am. When we got to the airport it was chaos and we wasted time looking for the correct line. When we managed to find the correct line it was almost 5:00 am and we were told that our flight was closed. We were not given any direction on what to do. We went to customer service, but were told we had to call Delta because we booked through them. The people were rude and would not offer us any solutions. To make a long story short, we had to purchase new tickets. It was an unexpected expense that should not have happened because we had time to board our flight. Why is it that they need to close the flights an hour before takeoff?? It’s ridiculous and I will not be flying with Aeromexico again.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I flew from Toronto Canada to Mexico City to Quito Ecuador and then returned to Toronto 12 days later. I purchased upgrades for all 4 flights. On the flights from Toronto to Mexico City and back, my seats were broken and did not recline. I am 75 years old and chose to upgrade because of those reclining seats. I requested a refund and was told those services are non-refundable. I suggested that when the service you sell is not provided a refund is appropriate. They further acknowledged 'passengers occupying a place in unsuitable conditions is certainly unpleasant'. I paid extra money for the unpleasantness they sold.

I did not ask to be compensated for my extreme discomfort and inconvenience, simply the difference between the economy fare and the cost of the upgrade. There is no punitive component to the compensation I seek. Aeromexico has offered a credit for a future flight. A flight credit does not acknowledge my complaint, and does not cost them anything (in fact, it benefits them as it would likely result in further revenue to purchase travel with them). Why would I take a chance on flying again with them when their equipment is in disrepair and their concern for the customer is lacking.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I know Aeromexico has cheap flights, that's why we choose it, but unfortunately we got an emergency that forced us to change the date (I hope nobody has to go through something like this), there is not sympathy or compassion at all with the client who is passing for a really bad and sad moment, I remember paying for changes in other airlines but never imagine that the cost of the change at Aeromexico would be more of the cost of the trip. I paid $700CAD for the trip and the ask me to pay $1100CAD extra to make the change. I preferred to buy a ticket with a different airline that pay Aeromexico that ridiculous amount for that trip. I remembered to call crying with a deep emotional pain and been talking with a robotic customer service representative was awful, I even ask to talk to someone different and the new one talked exactly the same, what a shame, they only repeat a script with no care at all for the customer’s feelings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?

Original review: July 1, 2018

Flew from TX to Mexico City to Oaxaca. Enjoyed our time in Oaxaca. On day 6, I was pickpocketed, passports and credit cards taken. Needed to have passports to fly. Called Aeromexico customer service, was advised to just file police report and take to ticket desk. Spent 4 hours filing police report. Didn’t feel comfortable with that answer. We had to ride a bus to Mexico City to get passports. Had to stay the night and go to US Embassy in the morning and get passports.

Next day went to airport to make sure all was good to fly, only to be told we would have to purchase new tickets, because we were not on original flight from Mexico to Oaxaca... hello, needed passports. We had no choice but to pay. If we would have known that, we would have taken the 6 hr bus ride back to Oaxaca. Who would think you would have to buy a ticket you already paid for. No good words for this airline. Customer service should be a main concern with this airline at the least. One star is way too much to give, but no other option.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Manager Emanuel ** or whatever his name is. Was not even trying to help me book a flight ticket. I had call about 20 minutes earlier and a young lady was helpful and try to help and this so call manager did not even try. Very bad customer service. Will never book from this stupid airline. Very bad service.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Aeromexico cancelled my reservation without any phone call, email, or text message. When I asked why or how this could have happened they had no explanation other than I should go to an airport and show my ID and card. Which I did, immediately but did not do any good. I had to re-buy the tickets but this time for 300.00 more than when I made the purchase 12 hours earlier. They have no live customer service that deals with billing issue, they have only an email team that didn't see anything wrong with what they did. I wonder how many other people they cancel on just to re-sell at a higher price.

Original review: April 10, 2018

I'm only giving them 1 star because zero or negative stars are not an option. I flew into Mexico City and then to Costa Rica. My flight was set to depart Mexico City at 6pm and at 6:30pm I STILL DIDN'T HAVE A GATE NUMBER! I arrived in Costa Rica at 2am which completely made the first day of my trip, which I still paid full price for completely irrelevant. On the way back, again in Mexico City, my flight was set to depart at 6 and this time, there wasn't any Aeromexico employees at the terminal so we didn't board the flight until 6:45 and then we sat on the runway for another hour. We ended up arriving at my second layover in Guadalajara 1 hour and 45 minutes late. I was greeted at the terminal by one of them employees telling me that my flight had already departed and that I wouldn't be able to leave until the next morning.

So now I'm stuck in Guadalajara with no access to any cash, no cell phone signal without wifi, no clothes...this is a total nightmare. When I got to the Information desk, the man behind the desk was laughing and joking with his coworkers and completely nonchalant to my frustrations. I WILL NEVER USE THIS AIRLINE AGAIN! THE ABSOLUTE WORST TRAVEL EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE! DO NOT FLY WITH AEROMEXICO. Not to mention, when you call to complain, there is no one that can assist you. You can only complain via email. This company is a complete joke!

Original review: April 5, 2018

Their reps lie and they don't stand behind their employees' lack of honesty and make it right. I was told they would pull my recording in 24 to 72 hours.. I called after 72 hours to be told it would be another 72 hours. I am now on hold for 52 minutes to speak to a supervisor. Pay more and go elsewhere because once you buy the tickets, they don't care about you at all.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I booked a connecting flight for my father who is a senior citizen with Aeromexico. He made his flight from Merida to Mexico City and was going to connect to Vancouver. I booked especially with Aeromexico because it was the same airline and there should be no issues with connecting. First thing they did not tell my father to keep his exit card. When he got to Mexico City he had to buy a new one. He arrived to the gate 10 mins before take off and the plane left without him. He asked to speak to a manager. The manager charge him with missing his flight and made him pay for a flight home.

He had to spend 24 hours in the airport trying to call home with no help from the airline. When my husband went to the airport to pick my father up. He called me to say his flight landed 40 mins early. Which means the connecting flight did no wait for him even though they knew he was in the airport. There was no announcement in the airport.

We started calling looking for him. My aunt was calling from Mexico and is from there. They were able to tell us he made his first flight and that he purchased another ticket. Which proves he was in the airport when the plane left early. I called the next day trying to speak to a manager get his money back. They said I had to email. I emailed I just received a response stating they won’t compensate because he has to be an hour early. It was a connecting flight. They had to take his luggage off the plane.

Original review: March 22, 2018

My partner and I had booked return flights through Aeromexico from Vancouver, Canada, to Managua, Nicaragua, departing from Vancouver March 10 and returning March 20. After an uneventful flight to Mexico City, we had a 1 hr 15 min layover. Passing through customs quickly, we got to our gate with 40 minutes to spare. We decided to grab a bite at the restaurant next to the gate. As soon as we noticed zone 1 starting to board (we were zone 3) our next flight from Mexico City to Managua, we paid our bill and headed over to the counter as the last two people in line to board. At the counter there were 6 other people in front of us.

Assuming they were stand-by passengers, I showed the gate attendant my boarding pass and she unapologetically informed my partner and I that the flight was closed and that we would not be boarding. As she told us this, two women who were waiting at the counter with us were let through the gate. Frustrated, as there was still 15 minutes before the flight was scheduled to depart, I reasoned that we were on time and that the plane was still here. She told me the flight was full. Presumably, they had overbooked the flight and let two stand-by passengers on and denied my partner and I who held legitimate tickets.

The customer service with Aeromexico was frustrating and dissatisfying to say the least. We were sent back and forth between different desks trying to rectify the issue and get moved to the next flight to Managua. The attendant at the boarding gate sent us to an information counter a hundred yards away. From this information booth, the gentleman behind the counter directed us to the other end of the terminal, to a bay called L1. Here we spoke to a female attendant who told us to speak with someone at bay L2. At L2 we spoke to another male attendant who told us to go to L3. At L3 we were finally told to speak with the supervisor at L1.

Frustrated by Aeromexico personnel who seemed to be offloading our complaints to other people, we went back to L1 and requested to speak with the supervisor. The women who spoke with us did not listen to our story, and only said that we had enough time between our two flights to get to the gate on time, and there was nothing she could do. My partner and I were upset, but we weren’t going to change our travel plans since we had already booked return flights from Managua. So, out of pocket we each paid another $740 CAD for the 2 hr 30 min flight to Managua the following day. They only had one seat on the 9:10 flight, and one seat on the 15:40 flight. When asked about flying standby to get on the same flight, no Aeromexico personnel seemed to understand and continuously told us we could not since the flights were full and because we had tickets for different flights.

We took a taxi to a hotel just 15 minutes from the airport, and the next morning my partner came to my 9:10 flight in case there was cancellations or missed flights. We checked my bag but kept his carry-on just in case. This time we arrived at the gate 2 hours early so we did not miss the flight. We asked about cancellations and there were none; the flight was not only full, but in fact overbooked by 4 passengers. One gate attendant told my partner he could not be stand-by for my flight because he had a boarding pass for the afternoon flight.

After I boarded the plane, my partner informed me that he spoke to a different gate attendant and told this man our story of missing yesterday’s flight, informing him I was already on this flight, and hoping to fly standby if there is any availability. Finally, one person out of 10 Aeromexico personnel that we spoke to understood our request. He understood my partner’s wishes to board this flight even though he was booked for the afternoon flight. When my partner boarded the plane, he told me that the gate attendant had stopped 4 people who all had legitimate boarding passes, telling them the plane was full and the gate was closed. There was still 20 minutes until the flight left. Instead, there was only one seat left on the plane, and my partner was allowed on.

Although we flew on the same flight, 4 other people were now experiencing what we experienced the previous day. Aeromexico overbooked this flight, and likely overbooked our original flight as well. After returning home and reading Aeromexico reviews, I understand that Aeromexico flights are often overbooked, and many others have encountered similar, dissatisfying experiences and submitted complaints. Looking at my boarding pass, I see the flight departure time to be 9:10 March 11, but there is no indication when the gate closes.

I have been on numerous individual flights in my lifetime, and only a few times have I missed a flight due to unforeseen circumstances such as weather, mechanical issues, and flight delays. All of these times I experienced great customer service and received new boarding passes free of charge. Aeromexico is the only airline whose flight I’ve missed when being on-time, and still had to pay out of pocket for a new ticket.

Furthermore, we had a frustrating experience flying home from Managua. We checked into our flight the morning before we left. The flight was booked to depart Managua at 19:23. At the end of the online check-in process, an ‘error’ page informed us that we could not check in due to an error and we had to call customer service to rectify the issue. My partner called customer service 6 or 7 times, and each time the call was answered in Spanish, and the call ended within 3 seconds. Finally, my partner thought to contact Aeromexico through Facebook. The Facebook Aerobot took approximately 30 minutes to find a ‘real person’ to speak with us. We were informed again to call customer service and press 9 for service in English. Again, the call was answered in Spanish, and after we pressed 9, the call ended again. Instead my partner explained over Facebook messenger that we had flights booked for that day, but were unable to check-in.

The Aeromexico personnel told us to email Aeromexico to get a complaint number so that they could process our request. They also requested our boarding passes to prove that we had boarded a flight out of Mexico City into Nicaragua. Ultimately, the issue was that they had no record of us being in Nicaragua, since we did not complete our original travel itinerary due to our missed flight out of Mexico City. We had to submit proof that we boarded a plane out of Mexico City and legally entered Nicaragua. Thankfully we had kept all hardcopy receipts and boarding passes from our extra flight since we purchased it at the airport and received no email confirmation. This process took another 1 hr 30 mins. We were continuously told to be quick because ‘time is running out’ and they had to process our request quickly to re-issue us tickets or we might not be allowed on the flight.

Again, this unforeseen issue was another incredibly stressful experience. We had flown Aeromexico every flight, so it should have been in their records that we boarded a flight March 11 to Managua. Instead, we had to send pictures of documentation with my name and my partner’s name, and our flight numbers. Our flights were reissued in the end; however, this process should have been painless. Instead we racked up our roaming data bill since we prioritized our flights home over our phone bill. I have no complaints about our actual flight experience with Aeromexico, however, our overall experience with Aeromexico customer service was immensely frustrating and dissatisfying.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I can't believe how terrible this airline is. It's unbelievable. They delayed us on our first flight by 3-4 hours because of "fog". Except we could see the city so not sure why they did that. They didn't tell us what was going on and flew us to some really small airport 45 min away. We landed and they wouldn't let us off the plane and they didn't get us water nor tell us what was going on. Finally they flew us back to Mexico City. We had missed our connecting flight by then. They put us on another flight that left 14 hours later.

By this point we were missing the first day of our resort and vacation. We had to wait in horrid run down terminal 2. We decided to book a different warier flight with another airline. When we went on our return flight (booked again on Aeromexico - never again) they made us pay $200 US each extra to get on the flight even though it was their fault they and gave us so much grief about baggage. They were rude, cold and the worst customer service. I left in tears. We had already paid for all tickets but said we didn't take them the whole way so had to an extra? Ridiculous. The staff are awful. Don't make our mistake. Stay far away from Aeromexico. It's unbelievable how bad they were. Stay away.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

On February 12, 2018, I reached out to Aeromexico and explained that on February 10, 2018, my father had a brain aneurysm. He is currently in Intensive Care Unit, and is expected to recover, however I purchased 3 flight tickets for my parents and little sister as a birthday gift for my mother. Due to the unexpected, I requested to cancel the flight tickets and provided medical paperwork. Aeromexico has no heart! They declined the request! I understand that the fare I purchased is nonrefundable but you can't help the unexpected. Here is what Aeromexico has to say about my situation. They have no mercy!!!

"Once again, thank you for taking time to contact Aeromexico via the BBB about your case requesting refund on your tickets; we would like to thank you for your continued interest in this matter. I regret that the response you received was not what you expected. Aeromexico would like to make it of your knowledge that we must decline any requests for further review, pertaining to the same issue (refund). I hope that you can appreciate and respect our decision, even if you continue to disagree with it. I also make of your knowledge that there was no attachment in your response, so the waiver has not been done yet. Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to again respond to your request in this matter."

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My mother’s and. 2 yr old daughter's flight was delayed and mom didn’t have a way to Contact my brother to let him know. My brother checked in with the airline and they told him that my mom didn’t board her flight from Seattle. Which she did because I saw her board (I had a clearance pass). When told of this fact they stated that she must be Mexico City without a connecting flight to Oaxaca. THREE HOURS of panic and stress ensue with no help from Aeromexico at the airport in Oaxaca or when I called customer service from the USA or from customer service in Mexico. Finally my mom arrives in Oaxaca and we decide to let it go. No real hard done, except I was panicking for 3 hours.

I have called this airline 3 times and each time the staff has come off as if they don’t understand English or unsympathetic. After yet another unsatisfactory call with an agent, I ask to speak to a manager or someone who can actually help me. I admit, a bit rude of me, but as someone who has paid 1700 USD to this airline and has received less than average service, I feel like I can be slightly justified. After hearing this, the agent hung up on me!! I called back to report the employee and have been on hold for 26:45 seconds and counting.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I was flying from Denver to Cordoba Argentina, with a connection in Mexico City as a student doing study abroad, aka poor. Having never flown solo internationally I messed up and went to the wrong gate (58 instead of 68), and ended up missing my flight by 10 minutes. Went to get it fixed and the man charged me a $350 USD fine to rebook as well as booking me on all business class tickets which ended up totaling $2500 USD, ON TOP of the $1300 I already paid for round trip. Looked at the tickets afterwards and he had upgraded my RETURN flights (which are three months later) to first class without telling me.

I hopefully can get some money back and reset those tickets to economy but with the reviews on here it seems doubtful. NEVER FLY AEROMEXICO because they will charge you a fortune without even telling you. I'm miserable because I had to spend my entire savings for this trip just to fix a flight issue that should have been no more than a few hundred dollars to correct. TL:DR: Missed flight, paid $2800 to fix it.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Our luggage was overweight and they charged us way too much, 836 US dollars. We called this airline, we would like to know if we can a refund. They had given our seats to other people. We were always last to get our seats. It happened twice, Mexico City and Chicago. When we got to Chicago, they had lost our 4 big luggage. Now we found that we are missing some of our stuffs.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I bought a flight ticket last minute my option was thru Aeromexico. First time I use airlines. I get to the airport two hours and half before check in. Long lines only person attending ok. An hour and 45 min later my turn they charge me for a few pounds over 55$ ok. Not only that she weighs my purse too. Came on I told them the travel agency has giving me the wrong info the attendant saw my calls my email she said, "I will charge you 25$" ok but in reality was 55$. I have both tickets I get to Mexico. The delay, the transfer from a bus to the building, the wait not a pleasant feeling. Long lines again to get my next flight. Caming back check in Guatemala was easy. Get to Mexico same the delay. I had to wait a few hours is the get check in making all see people complaining. Didn't know what was going on.

A customer was yelling asking for the employee names. I keep waiting people started going by section ok. In my line where 5 the others were about 25 in each line the employee were not even checking the section and they announcing whoever want to in the next flight will get a 500$ vouchers. The flight was full. I was worried. All want is to get home. Since my line wasn't moving I ask why. I was ignored. Waited my turn and I get there. The attendance was rude look frustrated. She goes the carry need to be register. What you mean if you like or send you to pay I didn't understand but why? Turn around didn't let said anything else. My Kate Spade carry on had no lock and the weight was less than 10 lbs and since I didn't know what do ask again and she goes, "Go paid" and "No I already paid" and all I heard "Came on give your documents. I going to send you to a massive inspection."

I said, "Fine". Alan ** took the documents from my hand and make me take shoes and search everything. I told the agent, "Do what you have to do". He look at me like he was in the middle of unfair situation just because of the overreaction on behalf of employee. I'm was in fair feel mistreated. I'm a US citizen. I travel a lot. This people are doing they own rules representing a company and making look bad with the issue Mexico has. I was in fear of my life. What about if I stays here? Omg. After the embarrassment I ask for their names Diana ** and Alan ** both need to be retrain.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I booked a flight online to go to Cancun from Calgary. I received an email with a payment confirmation. On the e-ticket it said that my flight departs at 11:55pm on Jan-15-2018 . I contacted customer service to reconfirm that I got the booking and all is good. The agent then told me that the flight departing from Calgary is going to be delayed due to technical problems with the airplane and that it will depart on Jan 16 2018 at 7:40 AM and that I should be at the airport 3 hours before departure.

At 11:55 I checked online on Google by typing the flight number and got shocked to see that the flight already departed on time. I immediately contacted customer service to inform them and they said that they can't help me and that I need to email amcomplaint@aeromexico.com for a refund that would take 6 weeks or rebook free of charge or possibly no compensation at all. I wish I booked with Air Canada or WestJet, despite the difference was $200, it certainly is worth it. Wish I read the reviews from people about this airline before I considered Aeromexico as an option to fly with. The toll free number on their website connects you with employees that have no ethics in work with poor communication skills.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Terrible experience. Unprofessional staff, inconsiderate, travel from USA to Mexico City to San Pedro Sula. Unable to make it for 2 days to SPS. Also all they want to get extra money, it cost me $300 just for 2 full days in a country never being. I was so stress and sad I couldn't count with any staff for any financial or moral support, I don't recommended to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Flight was cancelled without warning. Very little compensation, and uncertain rebookings for late night and early morning flights. Family was split up and lost a paid for day at a resort. Employees were entirely unhelpful and showed no sense of urgency the whole time.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I was given an airplane voucher last year Dec 29, 2016, that expires this year Dec 29, 2017. There was a major inconvenience last year where my flight was booked and they sold my seat to someone else. So, I was told earlier this year that I could transfer the ticket to my mother-in-law this year since I couldn't fly (was pregnant) and we want her to meet her 11 week old granddaughter for Christmas. Both my husband and I have tried emailing Aeromexico through email and have tried 4 different Aeromexico numbers (all not in use for some odd reason) - plus no one is responding to our emails.

Extremely disappointed with Aeromexico. It's been time consuming and no one is answering to us. It was bad enough last year, when I couldn't come home on my flight to work the next morning. Now that we can use it and were told we could transfer it with my permission, I can't get ahold of anyone. All we want is to make use of this voucher so the grandma can meet her baby granddaughter. To give one star is overrated. Do not recommend at all.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I email amcomplaint@aeromexico.com and requesting a ticket that was purchase in 2003 through 2006, no response, call talk to customer service they can help me. Also asked for the phone number to call direct. They said email them. Told them did that no response. What option do I have is to wait. Need the copy to submit the proof. Got connected with Mexico City, spoke to some name George and was able to help me then the call got disconnected. Call back again got another agency and explain to them, all they told me email Aeromexico.

Explain just talk to someone and was helping me. They said it's impossible. How can they help people and trying to help and get the information. Also asked for supervisor, they can come to the phone. This is very poor services. I am going to keep trying but they need to be more helpful, other travel airlines they take care of the problems. Dont appreciate to be treated like that. Also send several them messages no response.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

It is IMPOSSIBLE to get lost baggage claims handled by this airline. The 800 number leaves you on hold for 30 min and then they tell you to use the email. The email is returned by a bot, then there is no more contact. The messenger “agent” is a bot. We did find a number that let you talk to a human, and we were told twice they would check and call back. Then they didn’t. Eventually that number rolled over to a full inbox. So three days and counting with no bags, no help, and no reimbursement. I consider this theft.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

This is the worst airline ever! We were stuck in Mexico City on our way to Cancun because our flight was 4 hours late (they said due to weather, but there were other flights leaving and landing on time with other airlines), and given no option except to fly out 2 days later. After being forced to pay for a hotel in Mexico City, when we decided to book a flight from MEX City to Cancun the following day with another airline. Aeromexico canceled our flight home (that I had upgraded to premium). They didn't even tell us and when we called customer service because we couldn't check-in. They hung up on us 3 times.

Finally they said because we missed one leg of flight they gave our return tickets to someone else. Too bad. No seats left. When we requested a refund, they said a supervisor would call us. That was 4 days ago. We had to get home to California so we had to pay another $800 for a flight home with American Airlines. I can't get a hold of anyone at this company. My calls keep getting dropped. No one responds on the customer service request page. We are out $2,000 + a lot of time and inconvenience. What kind of company treats customers like this???

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

You give Aeromexico money, they take your money, spit in your face, and run. AeroMexico is total garbage. If AeroMexico is your only choice just stay home. AeroMexico is out to rob you. AeroMexico is the epitome of greed. You're going to get screwed if you deal with AeroMexico. DON'T DO IT. To this day AeroMexico has not rectified their thieving of my luggage & my money. Money towards an AeroMexico ticket = money wasted. Don't be fooled by AeroMexico's false promises like I was.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Was on approach to Mexico City during the earthquake. This MEX Airport and Aeromexico is screwed up and unorganized as it is, but imagine adding a natural disaster to the mix. Circled Mexico City for 1 hour. Diverted to Querétaro Airport and was held in the plane on the runway for over 4 hours. They called names of some passengers and let them off to go into airport. I asked if my wife and I could get off and I was told no. If we were in the USA, I would have pulled the yellow slide lever and bought a ticket with another airline, but I didn't want to end up in a Mexican prison, so I complied with the hostage situation. (You can't hold somebody on a plane at an airport that did not experience a natural disaster for over 4 hours.)

So then after waiting at a perfectly good airport, the pilot decides to take off and go back to Mexico City to an airport that is closed with no flights because of earthquake damage. Circled another hour and landed. Waited in line 2 hours at a temporary counter to get rebooked on a possible flight the next afternoon. Was treated like crap. No, earlier flight, no hotel voucher, no food, no water, and was told to go wait "upstairs" for 24 hours. There were aftershocks and lots of broken windows and rubble at the airport. I was fortunate and got us out of there the following day on another airline. Why on earth would you hold someone captive on a plane for over 4 hours and then decide to go back to a natural disaster site??

The city and airport were in disarray and there were no hotel rooms or flights to be found. My heart goes out to the victims of the disaster, but why would you add more stress to the situation by bringing a plane full of people back and dropping them off? Our rights and decision making skills were violated that day. There is no excuse for this level of incompetence. Imagine, these were the people we trust with our lives. Never again will I put myself in a situation like this again. My wife was traumatized and our vacation was ruined and overshadowed by this event that could have easily been avoided. I will never fly this airline again and I will warn all of my friends and family to stay away.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

We traveled on Jul 3 2017. One of our luggage was missing. The inconvenient about our luggage made us worries and we forgot our cellphone in the chair the airplane but the flight attendant she did not see the cell phone. Why if we back immediately to the plane because we were the last passengers. I wrote to Aeromexico but never I received any respond.

In our return to Canada, the desk of Aeromexico made our check-in late without mentioning us that the flight was closed. It was terrible for me with my 2 children and the employee threatened us with the police because they wanted us to raise stamps on Immigration. My children were scared. I had a surgery days before and the situation were terrible for the regular recovery.

I went the Department of Health of the Airport because I was very affected with the problem. I have reports of the time they received my luggage and all the proofs but when I sent the client department of Aeromexico. About the situation they decided to offer apologies but they still they have my money and nothing about compensation and the answer to my report about the situation only has a words that make me a client really abused by Aeromexico.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

After arriving at London Heathrow Airport for a return journey to Puerto Vallarta via Mexico City I realised that the bank I stopped at on my way to the airport had forgotten to return my passport which they used to verify my I.D. In a panic, with 2 hours before departure of my flight I tried to contact the bank with no luck as they had closed. I informed the check in staff of my dilemma, who unsympathetically told me they could do nothing to help and I would need to bring the customer service number. I asked if they could get me on the next flight or next day's flight and all they kept saying was they could not do anything. I asked where was the customer service in trying to help a customer in distress, and I got the same answer again!

When I called I was connected after a very long time to an agent, who I presume was in Mexico, and sounded like she was a tape recording and kept telling me the same thing over and over again, which was that I would have to pay for a 1st class 1 way ticket with a cancellation cost of £300 pounds which was the policy. She informed me that there was only 1 first class seat left for the next day’s flight. I told her the check in staff who I was standing with informed me there were plenty of seats for the next day’s flight in economy (“Scam Number 1”).

I asked if there was any discretion in an unfortunate emergency like this as the bank teller forgot to give me my passport back and I would have to go back in the morning to retrieve it. She proceeded to repeat herself in terrible English, like a parrot, that I had to pay for a 1st class ticket If I wanted to travel with them!! When asked how much she said the cancellation fee was £300 pounds. I informed her to go ahead as I had no choice at which point she changed her story and said I needed to pay £1,288 instead. I asked how come when she just told me it was 300 pounds and she said that was the fare for a 1 way 1st class ticket.

The conversation went on for a further 20 minutes with the agent who was the most ignorant poorly trained customer service agent I have ever spoken to in my life, going around in circles. The woman sounded like a robot with very poor grip on English who was reading a script, with no emotion, empathy or sympathy to my plight. These crooks mislead you and try and upsell you after knowing of your distress.

Aeromexico has the worst customer service with the most poorly trained employees I have ever spoken to. The cabin crew on every flight look miserable and unhelpful with some being downright rude on a few occasions. Food is absolutely terrible, but unfortunately after having travelled all over the world I found this to be the worst airline ever, even worse than some of the bad airlines I have experienced in some of the ex-Soviet states. Third world airline with 3rd world service. They should be named and shamed in the media for ripping off people who are genuinely in despair and distress. 10 out of 10 for being the worst airline in the world.

Keep up your poor reputation Aeromexico because I would rather walk than fly in one of your airplanes again. Now stranded in London with no means to pay for another ticket after you have probably sold my seat as a last minute deal online and then tried to make me pay over 25,000 pesos for another 1 way ticket!! Please check their cancellation or missed flight policies before booking especially booking online through the likes of Booking.com, Expedia etc... who never send you that information, which should be in the confirmation email they send when you make a reservation. Very sneaky buggers. Everything is geared towards trying to mislead people to upsell their products or allow people to miss their flights as they very rarely display the correct flight information in airports about the gate number, delays or time of departure at which point they ask for more money to sell you another ticket after misleading you.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

As I was waiting with my boyfriend to board my connecting flight from Mexico City to New York... I waited patiently in the designated area for my flight. I noticed 5 posts indicating each group to line up for boarding. I checked my ticket and saw I was in zone 5. Shortly after I noticed people began to create a line in their corresponding zones - and as a result my boyfriend and I went online in zone 5. The female attendant started in zone 1, VIP customers and after 20 mins I realized all customers we moving to that zone. She obviously wasn't checking zone and boarding in some kind of order- instead it became a little chaotic as customers moved past to quickly board the plane, while others like myself waited in the corresponding zone. Why place signs to corral customers in an orderly fashion and then have the attendants themselves cause mayhem?

Then finally I cut the line and shifted to the zone one, where everyone was, and my ticket didn't scan... I asked, "why". Attendant replied, "just wait by the desk". I went over to the desk and asked the other attendant "is there something wrong?" She replied "give me a second". Other customers went through, she helped others as I stood there becoming infeasibly anxious because my flight was about to take off.

After 20 minutes of not being acknowledged, she placed my tickets on the counter and said your new seAts for both you and your boyfriend have been changed... I asked "why", rudely she replied "because we have minors traveling alone"... no apologies for having me wait there- I walked away with my tickets - extremely upset. Upon boarding the plane I noticed the two individuals that took our seats... an elderly man and a woman mid 30's. My seat was changed for these "minors"? What did they do to get my seats? Did they pay the attendant cash? Very poor customer service.

Aeromexico Company Information

aeromexico.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business