Aeromexico

Aeromexico Reviews

2.7/5 (848 ratings)

About Aeromexico Reviews

Aeromexico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

Would rate this with zero stars if I could. We scheduled and purchased a flight for my mother-in-law to vacation with the family before having a major surgery, the Surgery was bumped up and the family vacation could no longer be done. We called the customer service line and was told we needed to email and provide the hospital notice and any documents to support our claims that she would not be able to fly (heart surgery can put a damper on flights).

We were told that even though the ticket was just over $1,000 that we could not get a refund, we could only do a 1 time flight change, and then even though we have emailed multiple times, wouldn't provide information on how to change the flight or what happens if the flight is less expensive. We all feel as if this company is stealing, and from all the bad reviews I feel like this is an ongoing occurrence. I believe if this was an US airlines that there would be more we could do about it, but this company just doesn't care about anyone or anything that isn't money.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

Let's be straight up - some businesses shouldn't exist. It's usually the ones that have a high demand and there's just no one to replace them. Airlines are a perfect breeding ground. Some airlines are great and care. Others, not so much. Aeromexico is the latter. They understaff, underperform, and undercare. Well, they just don't care. I don't know who in the chain of command or what stupid policy they have that sets up a catastrophe like that of Aeromexico customer service and feedback in general. It's a very toxic system.

My case in particular is not so important, but I was given no information or communication regarding the necessary documents to enter Nicaragua post-pandemic. There were a unique series of steps to take that weren't listed anywhere. The only thing that came up in search results were a negative PCR test. Anyways, the information is on Aeromexico website, but you need a link to visit the page. Also, the link was sent to me 2 hour before my flight and I needed everything done 36 hours prior to take off. So whatever, it's inconvenient for me and I have to pay for extra taxis, hotel, etc, and I lose a working day. It's frustrating, but it happens, especially when there are new and disturbing things happening in air travel.

I did report this, and it was terribly hard to. The customer service doesn't actually exist at the airports - only lost baggage. But the agents told me to wait at the office doors anyways for an hour. Then I find out that I can only call their office. So I call, and get transferred around several times and eventually am told that I need to send an email with the flight information. So I do that, and no response. I send a reminder 3 weeks later. Nothing. So. I assume they know most people just give up, because what can you do? They really don't care if some people don't choose to fly with them anymore, because there's plenty of other people. Which is true. But it's not right. A company as ignorant as this should be burned.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Beginning in April 2022, I began calling your airline for support on getting a full refund issued on two one way tickets from SFO to CDMX, which I was entitled to a full refund for those two tickets. The credit card I purchased the tickets on had expired, as credit cards do, and I was instructed to open a case, in April, to request a refund on the new card.

Due to Aero Mexico's delay in customer service, I received a reply in July, and because it was July, they said my time had expired, as I had purchased the ticket in July 2021. However, I had inquired in April, and the delay was on YOUR end, not mine. The agent I spoke to, Omar, and several other people, assured me that the date of inquiry on my end would be considered. This was not the case. For my return flights, my flights were changed, therefore I was entitled to receive full vouchers for the flights. Similarly for this situation which I included in the above inquiry, because of Aero Mexico's delay, my case was closed.

Original review: June 23, 2022

On May 16, 2022, I purchased 4 airline tickets from Aero Mexico for myself and my family. In less than 24 hours, we had to cancel those flights. When we called to cancel, we were assured that a full refund would be issued in 7-10 business days. After that time frame, we called again. We were given confirmation numbers of the cancellation, the refund amount and again assured that a refund would be issued within 2 weeks. We called again after the two weeks and were told that the refund was already issued and my bank must be holding it. I work at the bank and knew this to be false information but I called the bank anyway for due diligence. The bank assured me that no refund was being held and there were no pending deposits. So, I called again! This time we were told that the refund was issued and would hit our bank within 3-4 weeks.

Now, we are at 36 days and counting. This is incredibly unprofessional and frustrating. We receive a different response every time we call. The only consistency is that we are told the refund is issued. The total amount is $1458.07. They've given us this number several times. That is a lot of money to be held interest-free for over a month. The reservation confirmation was **. The confirmation numbers for the cancellation and refund were given to us but apparently mean nothing.

Original review: June 23, 2022

My 82 yo mother bought a ticket from Aeromexico Airlines, they cancelled the flight due to Covid 19 but would not allow Mom to travel at a later date or refunded the money. They just stole her $458.45. I tried to get them to have my mom schedule a flight after Covid subsided and they would not respond. They do not respond to emails or the requests I made on their websites.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I wished I had read these reviews before getting my tickets with Aeromexico. They changed my flight without any notice. I was supposed to be in Mexico City only for a couple of hours before taking my final flight to my destination. Aeromexico changed my flight for the next day, will have to stay in an unknown city overnight. Their options did not help. They will not give me accommodations for me and my family of 4 to stay in Mexico city overnight. Will have to sleep seated in the chairs. If I wanted a refund, they would keep $120.00 because they won't refund what we paid for our bags.... as customers, we don't win. Never flight with aeromexico again.

Original review: June 19, 2022

Website: they want to sell you as much as they can; they email me every day asking to pay for an upgrade. I get errors at online check-in. Unfriendly staff, technical issues. Annoying on-board entertainment.

Original review: June 17, 2022

We purchased tickets and were not allowed to board at the gate with my boarding pass in hand due to their internal system error that shows I am not actually on this flight. They forced us to miss the flight. I had to purchase another set of tickets and stay overnight in order to board the flight the next day. I have not received a refund. I also paid extra for assigned seats but as I needed to purchase new tickets they would not let that transfer and did not refund me for the extra cost. This is called FRAUD.

Original review: June 13, 2022

I purchased a business class ticket for Sunday with a return on Friday from Medellin Colombia to San Antonio, Texas, USA. I had the times confused with 12:30 am being at night and I figured out my mistake, luckily it was the afternoon and the flight was delayed but while I was at the airport I was held up and was late for the first flight. Not only was my first flight missed, but Aeromexico also canceled my second flight for no show.

I had to rebook my flight for Personal instead of Business (it was a full flight) and that flight on Friday was over 3 hours late. We were supposed to leave at 6:15 pm but ended up leaving at 9:30 pm. I can understand missing my first flight, I got confused between 12:30 am and 12:30 pm and when I realized my mistake I arrived a little too late. I understand this, but then my second flight was canceled and Aeromexico was 3+ hours late on their flight return flight and also very late on their flight out that I missed and thought was Sunday night, not Saturday afternoon.

I accept missing the first flight but I would have liked my 2nd flight to be refunded. It was a full flight so there was no money lost on Aeromexico's end and in fact, I paid more for the second flight. I don't feel it's fair that the airline canceled my second flight even though I flew out of Medellin a few hours later and rebooked the same ticket through you the same day. It feels very unfair I get punished so heavily for being late but when Aeromexico is late on both flights there is no issue on their end.

I've been a very good customer, I have only been late to a flight one other time in my life. I am totally okay with losing the first flight but feel it is very unfair to lose my 2nd flight, especially since 1) the return flight was full, 2) BOTH the outgoing and return flight was very late (3+ hours), 3) I booked the same flight twice, 4) the second booking was more expensive than the first, and 5) the second ticket wasn't business class. 6) Their communication is the absolute worst! I have called numerous times, the chat on their website doesn't work, and I have emailed them 3 times in the past month with zero response. I would really appreciate a refund on my second flight or at least airline credit because again Aeromexico didn't lose any money (in fact it made more since I booked the same flight twice for more expensive) and I arrived home very late last night.

Original review: June 6, 2022

Terrible airline. Their flight schedules are terrible and they never refund your money even when they are the ones that cancel your flight. Never fly with this company. They have no scrupulous and do not care about anything, their customer service is abysmal.

Aeromexico Company Information