1.09/5
Based on 31 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Aeromexico

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 10, 2018

259 Aeromexico Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

My mother’s and. 2 yr old daughter's flight was delayed and mom didn’t have a way to Contact my brother to let him know. My brother checked in with the airline and they told him that my mom didn’t board her flight from Seattle. Which she did because I saw her board (I had a clearance pass). When told of this fact they stated that she must be Mexico City without a connecting flight to Oaxaca. THREE HOURS of panic and stress ensue with no help from Aeromexico at the airport in Oaxaca or when I called customer service from the USA or from customer service in Mexico. Finally my mom arrives in Oaxaca and we decide to let it go. No real hard done, except I was panicking for 3 hours.

I have called this airline 3 times and each time the staff has come off as if they don’t understand English or unsympathetic. After yet another unsatisfactory call with an agent, I ask to speak to a manager or someone who can actually help me. I admit, a bit rude of me, but as someone who has paid 1700 USD to this airline and has received less than average service, I feel like I can be slightly justified. After hearing this, the agent hung up on me!! I called back to report the employee and have been on hold for 26:45 seconds and counting.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I was flying from Denver to Cordoba Argentina, with a connection in Mexico City as a student doing study abroad, aka poor. Having never flown solo internationally I messed up and went to the wrong gate (58 instead of 68), and ended up missing my flight by 10 minutes. Went to get it fixed and the man charged me a $350 USD fine to rebook as well as booking me on all business class tickets which ended up totaling $2500 USD, ON TOP of the $1300 I already paid for round trip. Looked at the tickets afterwards and he had upgraded my RETURN flights (which are three months later) to first class without telling me.

I hopefully can get some money back and reset those tickets to economy but with the reviews on here it seems doubtful. NEVER FLY AEROMEXICO because they will charge you a fortune without even telling you. I'm miserable because I had to spend my entire savings for this trip just to fix a flight issue that should have been no more than a few hundred dollars to correct. TL:DR: Missed flight, paid $2800 to fix it.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Our luggage was overweight and they charged us way too much, 836 US dollars. We called this airline, we would like to know if we can a refund. They had given our seats to other people. We were always last to get our seats. It happened twice, Mexico City and Chicago. When we got to Chicago, they had lost our 4 big luggage. Now we found that we are missing some of our stuffs.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I bought a flight ticket last minute my option was thru Aeromexico. First time I use airlines. I get to the airport two hours and half before check in. Long lines only person attending ok. An hour and 45 min later my turn they charge me for a few pounds over 55$ ok. Not only that she weighs my purse too. Came on I told them the travel agency has giving me the wrong info the attendant saw my calls my email she said, "I will charge you 25$" ok but in reality was 55$. I have both tickets I get to Mexico. The delay, the transfer from a bus to the building, the wait not a pleasant feeling. Long lines again to get my next flight. Caming back check in Guatemala was easy. Get to Mexico same the delay. I had to wait a few hours is the get check in making all see people complaining. Didn't know what was going on.

A customer was yelling asking for the employee names. I keep waiting people started going by section ok. In my line where 5 the others were about 25 in each line the employee were not even checking the section and they announcing whoever want to in the next flight will get a 500$ vouchers. The flight was full. I was worried. All want is to get home. Since my line wasn't moving I ask why. I was ignored. Waited my turn and I get there. The attendance was rude look frustrated. She goes the carry need to be register. What you mean if you like or send you to pay I didn't understand but why? Turn around didn't let said anything else. My Kate Spade carry on had no lock and the weight was less than 10 lbs and since I didn't know what do ask again and she goes, "Go paid" and "No I already paid" and all I heard "Came on give your documents. I going to send you to a massive inspection."

I said, "Fine". Alan ** took the documents from my hand and make me take shoes and search everything. I told the agent, "Do what you have to do". He look at me like he was in the middle of unfair situation just because of the overreaction on behalf of employee. I'm was in fair feel mistreated. I'm a US citizen. I travel a lot. This people are doing they own rules representing a company and making look bad with the issue Mexico has. I was in fear of my life. What about if I stays here? Omg. After the embarrassment I ask for their names Diana ** and Alan ** both need to be retrain.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I booked a flight online to go to Cancun from Calgary. I received an email with a payment confirmation. On the e-ticket it said that my flight departs at 11:55pm on Jan-15-2018 . I contacted customer service to reconfirm that I got the booking and all is good. The agent then told me that the flight departing from Calgary is going to be delayed due to technical problems with the airplane and that it will depart on Jan 16 2018 at 7:40 AM and that I should be at the airport 3 hours before departure.

At 11:55 I checked online on Google by typing the flight number and got shocked to see that the flight already departed on time. I immediately contacted customer service to inform them and they said that they can't help me and that I need to email amcomplaint@aeromexico.com for a refund that would take 6 weeks or rebook free of charge or possibly no compensation at all. I wish I booked with Air Canada or WestJet, despite the difference was $200, it certainly is worth it. Wish I read the reviews from people about this airline before I considered Aeromexico as an option to fly with. The toll free number on their website connects you with employees that have no ethics in work with poor communication skills.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Terrible experience. Unprofessional staff, inconsiderate, travel from USA to Mexico City to San Pedro Sula. Unable to make it for 2 days to SPS. Also all they want to get extra money, it cost me $300 just for 2 full days in a country never being. I was so stress and sad I couldn't count with any staff for any financial or moral support, I don't recommended to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Flight was cancelled without warning. Very little compensation, and uncertain rebookings for late night and early morning flights. Family was split up and lost a paid for day at a resort. Employees were entirely unhelpful and showed no sense of urgency the whole time.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

I was given an airplane voucher last year Dec 29, 2016, that expires this year Dec 29, 2017. There was a major inconvenience last year where my flight was booked and they sold my seat to someone else. So, I was told earlier this year that I could transfer the ticket to my mother-in-law this year since I couldn't fly (was pregnant) and we want her to meet her 11 week old granddaughter for Christmas. Both my husband and I have tried emailing Aeromexico through email and have tried 4 different Aeromexico numbers (all not in use for some odd reason) - plus no one is responding to our emails.

Extremely disappointed with Aeromexico. It's been time consuming and no one is answering to us. It was bad enough last year, when I couldn't come home on my flight to work the next morning. Now that we can use it and were told we could transfer it with my permission, I can't get ahold of anyone. All we want is to make use of this voucher so the grandma can meet her baby granddaughter. To give one star is overrated. Do not recommend at all.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I email amcomplaint@aeromexico.com and requesting a ticket that was purchase in 2003 through 2006, no response, call talk to customer service they can help me. Also asked for the phone number to call direct. They said email them. Told them did that no response. What option do I have is to wait. Need the copy to submit the proof. Got connected with Mexico City, spoke to some name George and was able to help me then the call got disconnected. Call back again got another agency and explain to them, all they told me email Aeromexico.

Explain just talk to someone and was helping me. They said it's impossible. How can they help people and trying to help and get the information. Also asked for supervisor, they can come to the phone. This is very poor services. I am going to keep trying but they need to be more helpful, other travel airlines they take care of the problems. Dont appreciate to be treated like that. Also send several them messages no response.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

It is IMPOSSIBLE to get lost baggage claims handled by this airline. The 800 number leaves you on hold for 30 min and then they tell you to use the email. The email is returned by a bot, then there is no more contact. The messenger “agent” is a bot. We did find a number that let you talk to a human, and we were told twice they would check and call back. Then they didn’t. Eventually that number rolled over to a full inbox. So three days and counting with no bags, no help, and no reimbursement. I consider this theft.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

This is the worst airline ever! We were stuck in Mexico City on our way to Cancun because our flight was 4 hours late (they said due to weather, but there were other flights leaving and landing on time with other airlines), and given no option except to fly out 2 days later. After being forced to pay for a hotel in Mexico City, when we decided to book a flight from MEX City to Cancun the following day with another airline. Aeromexico canceled our flight home (that I had upgraded to premium). They didn't even tell us and when we called customer service because we couldn't check-in. They hung up on us 3 times.

Finally they said because we missed one leg of flight they gave our return tickets to someone else. Too bad. No seats left. When we requested a refund, they said a supervisor would call us. That was 4 days ago. We had to get home to California so we had to pay another $800 for a flight home with American Airlines. I can't get a hold of anyone at this company. My calls keep getting dropped. No one responds on the customer service request page. We are out $2,000 + a lot of time and inconvenience. What kind of company treats customers like this???

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

You give Aeromexico money, they take your money, spit in your face, and run. AeroMexico is total garbage. If AeroMexico is your only choice just stay home. AeroMexico is out to rob you. AeroMexico is the epitome of greed. You're going to get screwed if you deal with AeroMexico. DON'T DO IT. To this day AeroMexico has not rectified their thieving of my luggage & my money. Money towards an AeroMexico ticket = money wasted. Don't be fooled by AeroMexico's false promises like I was.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Was on approach to Mexico City during the earthquake. This MEX Airport and Aeromexico is screwed up and unorganized as it is, but imagine adding a natural disaster to the mix. Circled Mexico City for 1 hour. Diverted to Querétaro Airport and was held in the plane on the runway for over 4 hours. They called names of some passengers and let them off to go into airport. I asked if my wife and I could get off and I was told no. If we were in the USA, I would have pulled the yellow slide lever and bought a ticket with another airline, but I didn't want to end up in a Mexican prison, so I complied with the hostage situation. (You can't hold somebody on a plane at an airport that did not experience a natural disaster for over 4 hours.)

So then after waiting at a perfectly good airport, the pilot decides to take off and go back to Mexico City to an airport that is closed with no flights because of earthquake damage. Circled another hour and landed. Waited in line 2 hours at a temporary counter to get rebooked on a possible flight the next afternoon. Was treated like crap. No, earlier flight, no hotel voucher, no food, no water, and was told to go wait "upstairs" for 24 hours. There were aftershocks and lots of broken windows and rubble at the airport. I was fortunate and got us out of there the following day on another airline. Why on earth would you hold someone captive on a plane for over 4 hours and then decide to go back to a natural disaster site??

The city and airport were in disarray and there were no hotel rooms or flights to be found. My heart goes out to the victims of the disaster, but why would you add more stress to the situation by bringing a plane full of people back and dropping them off? Our rights and decision making skills were violated that day. There is no excuse for this level of incompetence. Imagine, these were the people we trust with our lives. Never again will I put myself in a situation like this again. My wife was traumatized and our vacation was ruined and overshadowed by this event that could have easily been avoided. I will never fly this airline again and I will warn all of my friends and family to stay away.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

We traveled on Jul 3 2017. One of our luggage was missing. The inconvenient about our luggage made us worries and we forgot our cellphone in the chair the airplane but the flight attendant she did not see the cell phone. Why if we back immediately to the plane because we were the last passengers. I wrote to Aeromexico but never I received any respond.

In our return to Canada, the desk of Aeromexico made our check-in late without mentioning us that the flight was closed. It was terrible for me with my 2 children and the employee threatened us with the police because they wanted us to raise stamps on Immigration. My children were scared. I had a surgery days before and the situation were terrible for the regular recovery.

I went the Department of Health of the Airport because I was very affected with the problem. I have reports of the time they received my luggage and all the proofs but when I sent the client department of Aeromexico. About the situation they decided to offer apologies but they still they have my money and nothing about compensation and the answer to my report about the situation only has a words that make me a client really abused by Aeromexico.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

After arriving at London Heathrow Airport for a return journey to Puerto Vallarta via Mexico City I realised that the bank I stopped at on my way to the airport had forgotten to return my passport which they used to verify my I.D. In a panic, with 2 hours before departure of my flight I tried to contact the bank with no luck as they had closed. I informed the check in staff of my dilemma, who unsympathetically told me they could do nothing to help and I would need to bring the customer service number. I asked if they could get me on the next flight or next day's flight and all they kept saying was they could not do anything. I asked where was the customer service in trying to help a customer in distress, and I got the same answer again!

When I called I was connected after a very long time to an agent, who I presume was in Mexico, and sounded like she was a tape recording and kept telling me the same thing over and over again, which was that I would have to pay for a 1st class 1 way ticket with a cancellation cost of £300 pounds which was the policy. She informed me that there was only 1 first class seat left for the next day’s flight. I told her the check in staff who I was standing with informed me there were plenty of seats for the next day’s flight in economy (“Scam Number 1”).

I asked if there was any discretion in an unfortunate emergency like this as the bank teller forgot to give me my passport back and I would have to go back in the morning to retrieve it. She proceeded to repeat herself in terrible English, like a parrot, that I had to pay for a 1st class ticket If I wanted to travel with them!! When asked how much she said the cancellation fee was £300 pounds. I informed her to go ahead as I had no choice at which point she changed her story and said I needed to pay £1,288 instead. I asked how come when she just told me it was 300 pounds and she said that was the fare for a 1 way 1st class ticket.

The conversation went on for a further 20 minutes with the agent who was the most ignorant poorly trained customer service agent I have ever spoken to in my life, going around in circles. The woman sounded like a robot with very poor grip on English who was reading a script, with no emotion, empathy or sympathy to my plight. These crooks mislead you and try and upsell you after knowing of your distress.

Aeromexico has the worst customer service with the most poorly trained employees I have ever spoken to. The cabin crew on every flight look miserable and unhelpful with some being downright rude on a few occasions. Food is absolutely terrible, but unfortunately after having travelled all over the world I found this to be the worst airline ever, even worse than some of the bad airlines I have experienced in some of the ex-Soviet states. Third world airline with 3rd world service. They should be named and shamed in the media for ripping off people who are genuinely in despair and distress. 10 out of 10 for being the worst airline in the world.

Keep up your poor reputation Aeromexico because I would rather walk than fly in one of your airplanes again. Now stranded in London with no means to pay for another ticket after you have probably sold my seat as a last minute deal online and then tried to make me pay over 25,000 pesos for another 1 way ticket!! Please check their cancellation or missed flight policies before booking especially booking online through the likes of Booking.com, Expedia etc... who never send you that information, which should be in the confirmation email they send when you make a reservation. Very sneaky buggers. Everything is geared towards trying to mislead people to upsell their products or allow people to miss their flights as they very rarely display the correct flight information in airports about the gate number, delays or time of departure at which point they ask for more money to sell you another ticket after misleading you.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

As I was waiting with my boyfriend to board my connecting flight from Mexico City to New York... I waited patiently in the designated area for my flight. I noticed 5 posts indicating each group to line up for boarding. I checked my ticket and saw I was in zone 5. Shortly after I noticed people began to create a line in their corresponding zones - and as a result my boyfriend and I went online in zone 5. The female attendant started in zone 1, VIP customers and after 20 mins I realized all customers we moving to that zone. She obviously wasn't checking zone and boarding in some kind of order- instead it became a little chaotic as customers moved past to quickly board the plane, while others like myself waited in the corresponding zone. Why place signs to corral customers in an orderly fashion and then have the attendants themselves cause mayhem?

Then finally I cut the line and shifted to the zone one, where everyone was, and my ticket didn't scan... I asked, "why". Attendant replied, "just wait by the desk". I went over to the desk and asked the other attendant "is there something wrong?" She replied "give me a second". Other customers went through, she helped others as I stood there becoming infeasibly anxious because my flight was about to take off.

After 20 minutes of not being acknowledged, she placed my tickets on the counter and said your new seAts for both you and your boyfriend have been changed... I asked "why", rudely she replied "because we have minors traveling alone"... no apologies for having me wait there- I walked away with my tickets - extremely upset. Upon boarding the plane I noticed the two individuals that took our seats... an elderly man and a woman mid 30's. My seat was changed for these "minors"? What did they do to get my seats? Did they pay the attendant cash? Very poor customer service.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Had a family death in Mexico, I offered to pay for my parents to fly out there. We ordered tickets online, sadly a typo was made and 2 tickets were purchased in my father's name. I immediately called and requested a name change. After several hours of the runaround, I was informed that I would have to pay an additional $300.00 for the name change. I agreed to pay, since they had said there are no exceptions. Period. I was transferred for a 5th time to another unprofessional and was told I had to purchase a 3rd ticket. Absurd. I asked for a refund and/or cancellation. They suggested to cancel with absolutely no refund at all. I have been a traveler for business and personal for 2 decades now and I have NEVER experienced the lack of empathy, sympathy and unprofessionalism in my life. I would highly recommend that if you are considering a purchase with this company that you run away as fast as you can.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

My wife and daughter had reserved plane tickets from Guadalajara to Tijuana and over a week before flying my father passed away. I immediately called Aeromexico to ask about the protocol and asked to have her flight moved forward from one Saturday to the next. I was assured that if I produced a death certificate, a marriage certificate and my birth certificate that I would not incur fees. One day before the flight they canceled both my daughter's and wife's reservation. I called them and was told that to reserve the flight I would have to either purchase new tickets or pay $160.11 for my wife and $160.11 for my 12-year-old daughter. This airline is not sympathetic and maybe less empathetic. Consumers beware. The Mexican airlines do not have protocols for a decease parent. They operate like a true third world country.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I purchase 2 tickets back in March, I was scheduled to fly out of LAX to Guadalajara, Mexico. However, my aunt died a week later after I purchase the tickets! She was on vacation when she was shot and killed with an AK-47 wrong place at the wrong time!!! She was a second mom to me, I cancelled my flight to start funeral arrangements, needed to fly my aunt's body back to LA. I submitted all of these to the so called EMAIL Customerrelations.com. Have not heard back in weeks. Texted, emailed, called, nothing. No credit. No money. $458 gone!!! I am Hispanic born in United States from Mexican parents, this airline represents Mexico! No wonder they don't like us. When companies like this mislead people... SHAME on you. Change your name to AeroRipoff and leave Mexico out of it.

Original review: June 20, 2017

Do NOT book a flight with Aeromexico!!! This airline is TERRIBLE!!! I booked a family trip with this airline months ago (JAN-2017) from Houston to Cozumel. Received notification that the airline had COMPLETELY discontinued service to Cozumel. Well AFTER booking many people. First of all... that is RIDICULOUS! They should still complete flights that have been booked in good faith before cancelling. Since then, I have to spend multiple hours on the phone with them only to tell me that "Customer Relations" can only be contact via email. Okay, so now I have to contact "Customer Relations" via email. They respond and say that my refund will be credited back in 7 to 14 business days. That was May 25th, 2017... almost a month ago!!!

I have sent NUMEROUS follow ups to this so-called "customer relations" and have received no response. So, I called the 1-800 number and their response... you have to contact "Customer Relations" via email which I have done numerous times with no Response. Then the rude individual on the phone said, "Oh, they are incorrect... it take 4 to 6 weeks to get your refund". FOUR to SIX weeks??? Are you kidding me??? THAT IS RIDICULOUS AND THIS AIRLINE IS A JOKE!!! Piece of advice to EVERYONE. PAY THE EXTRA MONEY AND FLY WITH A REAL AIRLINE. Aeromexico is NOT worth the hassle!!!

Original review: June 16, 2017

Aeromexico fell very short of any customer service standard and I have since reported this airline to the Better Business Bureau Case # **. The icing on the cake: Aeromexico has 1800 426 9000 listed on their website (https://aeromexico.com/en-us/contact-us) as their contact number to report illegal or unethical practices, but when you call the number, it's another entity trying to sign the caller up for $100 rebate- non affiliated with Aeromexico. This company does not have a live or even responsive customer service system at Dulles Airport, or on the phone in the U.S. or Mexico. The only time you speak to a live person is if you want to purchase a ticket. PLEASE HELP ME!

Original review: May 23, 2017

This is the worst airline I have ever flown. We returned from Guatemala city to Toronto via Mexico city on May 15, 2017. I had a very expensive handmade blanket I had purchased in Guatemala stolen out of my bag and all of our stuff had been ransacked and moved to other bags. Customer service was non-existent. Can't get anyone on phone or when you do they are zero help and direct you towards email. Waited over a week for a response only to have someone say, "Sorry, nothing we can do. By the way, your item is not covered under baggage insurance." Never again will I fly this airline or go anywhere near Mexico.

Original review: May 11, 2017

My luggage was practically brand new leaving LAX on 4/29/17. When I arrived in Mexico City, the front compartment w/ zipper was practically ripped off the foundation. I only had a 2hr layover and immigration lines were so long, I thought I was going to miss my connection flight. Long story short, I was asked to sign a waiver (so they would not be held liable) on my flight back to LAX. The moral of the story is to take pictures of your luggage before releasing it to the Airlines!

Original review: April 1, 2017

In December, I had bought a plane ticket for a trip from Oslo to Cancun with KLM. The ticket included two transits, one in Mexico City, one in Amsterdam. KLM gave me a ticket with Aeromexico for the flights between MXN and CUN. My scheduled return date was February 22nd. Suddenly, I received an SMS four hours prior to my first flight informing me that my flight from Amsterdam to Oslo was canceled, due to a storm in Amsterdam. According to that SMS, they were working on finding a solution. Soon after this, received an email informing me that I could book another flight for free. I clicked on the link, but couldn't get a ticket for free, the system was charging me for the ticket change as usual. Then, I tried many times to call them, but got no response. I sent them a msg about that on Facebook, but after 50 mins. I hadn't got any response and couldn't reach them on the phone either. This is the first part of my complaint.

Then, I rushed to Cancun Airport in the hope of changing my ticket there. I contacted Aeromexico, since my first flight was with them. They looked indifferent and impolite from the very beginning: they told me they didn't have access to the database of KLM and couldn't do anything for that. I ask if there was any representative of KLM in that airport, they said 'no'.The only thing the did for me was to call Delta, another sister company of KLM.

When the Delta employee who tried to help me asked for the flight number of my Aeromexico flight, I asked the employee of that company about it. She said in a rude way that she doesn't have access to my passenger information and that she couldn't help me. I told her many times in Spanish and English that I only need the flight number of the next Aeromexico flight to Mexico City. She kept on repeating that, although I was trying to make clear that she didn't need my passenger info to find that. At the same time, she wasn't working with anything else, she was playing games on her smartphone and listening to music. In the end, I was threatened by another Aeromexico employee that he would call the police. I had to walk 30 m and see the flight number myself. then, the Delta employee had hang up and I had to start over again rebooking my flight.

The whole rebook took me over 45 mins in the end. This is the second part of my complaint: if KLM sells me a ticket with another air carrier, they needed to guarantee me that the other company would give the same service as KLM would give to me. This means full access to my passenger information, helpfulness and politeness.

My negative surprises with Aeromexico don't stop there. When I would finally fly back to Oslo, on Feb 27th, got the same msg, that my passenger info wasn't available. After 10 mins, the employee finally found me. However, she gave me a new boarding pass with another seat than the one I had got the day before when I checked-in online. The new seat was much more uncomfortable for a big-sized man like me. Again: if KLM sells me a ticket with another air carrier, they needed to guarantee me that the other company would give the same service as KLM would give to me. This means full access to my passenger information, helpfulness and politeness.

Original review: March 19, 2017

I called to book a new flight with a confirmation number of a past flight I had to cancel. The first person I spoke to say since the charge would be in pesos (at this time I'm in Mexico) they would have to transfer the call. After 5 minutes waiting on the phone, the next person answered the phone but said I would have to be transferred to another person who could speak English. Stayed online for another 12 minutes.

Then a girl came on and it took over an hour to rebuy a ticket. First she put credit card information in wrong and said my card was denied. I asked her to read back card and three numbers were wrong. Then I looked at my watch and explained to her I had been on the phone for over an hour and had to go to work in 10 minutes. She said we are just about done. Gave her my email address 3 times and then said to her "I just received the charge on my credit card and I wrote down all the information you told me". But, I now have to get off the phone. I asked if she was done and she said yes and would send the email to me. I got to work and checked my email and it says, "Your set and soon will be on your way." I scroll down to look at info and it was the old info from the cancel ticket.

I called back and was transferred 4 times only to be told she never completed the process and canceled the ticket. Then because she canceled I would have to rebuy the 2 tickets and pay double the price. What??? Because she was incapable of doing her JOB correctly?? I was transferred to customer service and then was informed they have to start a case, even though I was already told they could see she had all the information but just never finished. Customer service girl said it will take up to 10 days to investigate and fix the problem. Unbelievable and I still don't have the tickets and I'm pretty sure, based on my last experience with Aeromexico this will not get taken care of to make it right. This will be my last time flying on Aeromexico.

Original review: March 19, 2017

My baggage has been miss out when I travel Mumbai-Amsterdam-Mexico-Santo Domingo. Received baggage after 3 days with damaged condition. Who to I contact as airport authority/airline is not responding.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I have been given the run around from AeroMexico about my stolen items since 1-20-17. I have been sending several messages asking for status on what they plan on doing to make this right with my stolen items and still no response from them. I have written customer relations as well as contacto equipaje where they sent me a response after my first letter that they will get back to me with the outcome and as of today 3-17-17 nothing. I have contacted the number on the corporate office 1-800-237-6639 with no luck. This is the line for reservations and recordings. I also contacted the corporate office in Mexico 52 55 91324979 with no luck. All they did was transfer me to the recording extensions. You can never get a hold of anyone on this airline.

I had a iPhone 7 stolen along with 5 pair of puma tennis shoes, 5 Levi jeans, 2 used phones, 12 pair of Adidas socks, 1 jacket and 1 blue tooth. I also had to pay for a room for the night in Mexico City as the flight was delayed due to the pilots did not arrive on time in Denver which made my connecting flight delayed until the next day. I had family members having to spend the night in Guadalajara until I arrived the next day. My luggage did not even arrive with me until 4 days after my arrival in Guadalajara. When the guy brought my luggage that is when I noticed things missing.

I was never told they were sorry or if there is anything they could do. They really do not have any customer service skills nor do they assist in making sure things run smoothly when it is their fault not mother nature nor the customer. I am trying to get this issue resolved but I keep on getting closed doors. They hide the owners and you cannot get anyone to assist you to get this resolved. You cannot get any of importance to answer your questions and get answers. This company needs to put out some phone numbers or e-mail addresses of their executives in order to get issues resolved.

Original review: March 16, 2017

Message for Wende of Peterborough, ON - I had a very similar experience with Aeromexico to you. Absolutely horrible customer service this airline has. I was blown away by the ignorance and unwillingness to help in any way. I also had ticket credit with Aeromexico from last year when I had this horrible experience. I went to book another flight with them this year to go to Mexico again. I am totally opposed to flying with them again but I have a $800 ticket with them that I did not want to waste.

I called to book another flight that was about the same price as the original around $800. There was a whole bunch of hidden fees that I was not told about at the time of the cancellation. They quoted me OVER A $1000 for another flight that was the exact same price so they actually wanted me to pay more than the flight was actually worth?! I am absolutely furious with this company. They should not even be allowed to operate if this is the way they treat people.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I need to write a good review for Aeromexico. They did lose my luggage at Mexico City, but they kept in touch via email all the time to let me know about the progress of finding it. The registration process of the lost bag was easy. They were very apologetic and delivered my bag in 2 days to a small town in Panama. They sent an automatic credit to my credit card for $100USD. Air Canada lost my bag once and it was way worse.

Original review: March 12, 2017

They closed the door in our noses and made us pay $900 ($450 per person) otherwise we would have been stranded in Mexico. Need to say more? NEVER use this airline even if you feel like is cheaper. Their missed flight policy is a scam!

Aeromexico Company Information

aeromexico.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use