2. Travel

Aeromexico Reviews

3.5/5 (299 ratings)

About Aeromexico Reviews

Aeromexico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I'm a European citizen who was planning a trip to the USA and Mexico. However, because of a travel ban imposed by the US government, I am not allowed to travel. My booking is a non-refundable one. However, I want to travel, but I am not allowed to. I explained the situation to Aeromexico, and requested a voucher, which was denied. It not my fault that I am not allowed to travel, but Aeromexico doesn't give a damn about it. They already got my money, so they don't really care about giving me a chance to use the service I ALREADY PAID FOR, once the travel ban is lifted. The customer care service is of extremely low quality. If you wanna lose your money go ahead and book with this airline. By seeing all those negative reviews, it seems apparent to me that Aeromexico has financial difficulty. I am wondering if it's heading for bankruptcy.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

My experience was horrible which I did not wish on anyone. I spent two nights in Mexico City after waiting in line and dealing with customer service which I would rate zero. My transit at the airport was supposed to be only two hours instead became twenty four hours. Please, avoid this airline if you wish to have a pleasant vacation or trip.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2021

Our flights were cancelled by Aero Mexico due to the corona virus and we were given open tickets for 1 year. Us like many others are being told upon rebooking with our open tickets that these tickets are no longer good?? This corporation is taking its customers 1 x 1 and are taking advantage of their power against individuals. We need to ban together and take a class action lawsuit against them to teach them they can't sell us tickets then cancel our flights and give us open tickets and then not honour them.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I've flown on several flights and consider myself fairly easygoing as I have a family member in the airline industry. However, I bought tickets to Cancun that I was set to fly out the week that our county got shut down due to Covid. Even before this happened, AeroMexico changed our flight from a two-hour layover to a 20-hour layover. This alone allows for a refund according to the US Department of Transportation. I was still hoping to make this trip after everything settled down, but now 18 months later, AeroMexico no longer flies to where I was originally going to or anywhere close. I have been requesting a refund and I get the run around about how I have a voucher I can use by next Spring. Unfortunately, even if they did fly to the area I was originally going, I cannot due to Dr. orders from being pregnant. AeroMexico will not even respond to requests to discuss this. It has been the most frustrating experience dealing with them.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

I have flown on many airlines and have had few problems. I consider myself pretty easygoing but Aeromexico really put my nerves to the test. I will just make a list:

-My luggage was broken into and my jewellery stolen during my 5 hour layover in Mexico City on my way to Los Cabos. I reached out to the complaints department but not surprisingly no one has responded (3 weeks later).

-Upon my return to Toronto, I once again had a short layover for 2 hours in Mexico City. While lining up at the gate to get on the aircraft, the staff closed the door while 15 passengers remained behind standing, me and my family included. it was stressful, messy and confusing and the staff said nothing to us about what was happening. They just pointed a finger for us to go to customer service. That's when we discovered we had been bumped off our flight for the next 24 hours and they couldn't even guarantee us that we wouldn't be bumped again the next day. The customer service rep. explained that we couldn't go on the flight because of weight/balance issues, and that's when my husband and I came to the conclusion that passengers are being kicked off the flight in order to make room for more lucrative cargo.

-We collected our luggage for the 24 hour delay because after my initial experience, we did not trust our luggage sitting in the Airport without them being rummaged through and items stolen. When we received our luggage, my suitcase was heavily damaged and a wheel completed ripped off so I could barely manage rolling it around the airport and to our hotel.

-The next day we checked in 3 hours before our flight because we wanted to avoid any issues. The lineup at the gate was a crowded mess. It felt like I was going to get trampled on. Once seated and on the plane the crew made an announcement that a few passengers would not be coming on the plane again and that their luggage needed to be removed from the plane. So the airline was again doing to others what I experience the day before. At that point, the passenger sitting behind me yelled to the flight attendant that she just saw the ground crew taking her bag off the plane even though she was still on it, at which point the flight attendant left for a couple minutes and when he came back the plane just started to pull out and he said there was nothing he could do about it at this point.

-Once we arrived in Toronto Pearson Airport, and made it through customs, my husband and I discovered that our luggage was also taken off the plane in Mexico City. After filling out the necessary paperwork, the Aeromexico luggage attendant informed us that we should have our luggage delivered to us no later than Tuesday September 7th. It has been 4 days now since we landed, with multiple phone calls and emails made on my part, no one from Aeromexico has contacted us about its whereabouts. And after having my personal items stolen out of my luggage on my 5 hour layover in Mexico City, I can only imagine what I will or will not have left in my luggage if Aeromexico ever returns our luggage to us.

-However, my daughter's luggage WAS on the plane, and upon returning home she discovered she still had all her items in her suitcase but she also had extra items. Shirts and skirts that did not belong to her, which means the baggage staff at Aeromexico is opening people's luggage to look for valuables and is just stuffing personal items back haphazardly in random suitcases. That tells me that many people are missing items from their luggage.

Please, please, please if you can avoid it, never book with this Airline. Customers truly mean absolutely nothing them.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

My family and I flew in from Amsterdam and when we got to Mexico on the second leg of our trip they would let us on the Mex to IAH flight because the 4 vaccinated people did not get tested for covid. The amount of confusion when we landed at 3am in the morning was disturbing because there is no guidance when you get off the flight. There is just a computer screen that tells you to go to Sala C then if you don't keep checking online for updates you can miss your flight very easily,so finally we get a gate number about an hour before our flight and when we get there they are asking for a covid test for the whole family and I was confused because in Amsterdam all we needed was a test for the non vaccinated people in our group (that we had). But they refused to let us board.

After talking to the person that was handling the process of dispatching the blue stickers for our passport they told us that we had to leave the airport to get the test done but they did not tell us that it was directly outside door #5 and it would take about 30 mins to get it processed, after completing the covid test ($260) we went the the ticketing agent to see if we could get on a later flight. But she said I would have rebook the premier/business class reservation all the way back to Amsterdam and pay the difference. That was a ridiculous amount of money so we decided to book another flight with United for 6 people ($2600) to get back home. I speak Spanish also and the lack guidance that we received is unacceptable and I would be fearful if I was a English speaking passenger because if they treat a business class customer like this imagine economy.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2021

Initially when I booked my flight, I intended to book my flight to Rivera Maya, Hard Rock Resort. For some odd reason, the booking website never gave Cancun Airport as an option. Because it was my first time traveling to Mexico I was unaware of which airport I should use. Once the mistake was caught, I contacted the airline right away to switch my destination. First & Foremost the staff were rude on the phone including the Supervisor! After being told repeatedly it was nothing they could do they made the correction to give me a connecting flight to Cancun but it would cost me!

Once I got to Mexico City things worsened. Because I was traveling with my daughter, I wanted our experience to be smooth. I had a transporter due to health challenges. Once we got through the the long process of customs, airport locations, security & check-in we were dealing with limited time to reach our gate. When the transporter stopped to ask where our gate was located, he looked puzzled. This was because he took us to the wrong gate, causing my daughter & I to miss our flight!

From there it was the crazy runaround throughout that massive airport. I was drained, had become ill and extremely upset. I was taken to customer service to speak with a supervisor but it never happened! I was ignored repeatedly and never received the help I needed. The only solution was to purchase two more tickets! After already doing so prior to my trip and as a result of Aeromexico own negligence! Being exhausted, sick my daughter being affected and arguing of this not being my fault I paid for the tickets to get to Cancun. I was also out of about $80 of what I paid to be transported.

Aeromexico made me miss two flights and I don’t have enough space to explain it all. My daughter and I experienced discrimination, lack of empathy and good service. I think a class action suit is warranted! Worst experience & will never be subjected to this type of foolishness this airline displayed ever again! I plan to do whatever it takes to get changes made.

Original review: July 20, 2021

DO NOT USE Aeromexico! We made reservations to Puerta Vallarta Mexico using Aeromexico. Received confirmation of the flight in an email. We reserved a condo to correspond with our flight dates. Several days later we received an email with changes to our flight that would not work with our condo reservations. As a matter of fact, the first flight was scheduled to land 20 minutes after our connecting flight leaves. We tried calling Aeromexico for several hours with many runarounds and hang-ups. Finally, a real person attempted to help us. They could not get us any flight to match the original date from our travel plans. They tried a different airport and told us for an additional $1000 dollars we could change our flight to a different city. We then asked for a refund. They said a refund would take 12 months. Very dissatisfied with the way they treated us as customers. Be very wary of using Aeromexico.

Original review: July 17, 2021

Someone should shut this company for its HORRIBLE customer service, Had a ticket but Aeromexico. Decided to cancel flight and rebooked me on another flight which will not work. Just want to know my options for refund, credit, anything... Called 800 number and after selecting "1" for English I chose the "refund" option. All the instructions are in Spanish. Not helpful. I then tried the chat section on Facebook. Gave them all the information and ticket number, etc. and after 5 minutes, they said I have to dial the 800 number and disconnected the chat session. I redid the chat session and started out with the fact that I cannot understand the instructions on the 800 number as they are in Spanish! Explained my problem again and after 7 minutes was told to call 800 number and again disconnected from chat. WORST customer service ever!

Original review: June 26, 2021

Aeromexico is terrible to work with! Do not fly with them if you can avoid it at all costs! We had booked a flight over a year ago, and we were supposed to travel back in August of 2020. I had a medical condition come up, and I was advised by my doctor not to travel. With covid, and my doctors guidance, I requested my flight to be cancelled and refunded. When I booked this flight, I was told that it was 100% refundable. Here we are nearly a year later and Aeromexico won't do a single thing for us! We have had the runaround and been told that we would receive a refund on several occasions, but still have not received anything. These guys are scam artists, and will find a way to take your money! Do not fly with Aeromexico!

Aeromexico Company Information