3.22/5

Aeromexico Reviews

295 Aeromexico Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 20, 2019

They will extort and steal from you, and then deny you access to any customer service. Constant stress and extra fees. They will make you miss your connection and then force you to re-buy, holding you hostage. Common extortion. Avoid like the plague. I'd rather walk. DO NOT FLY AEROMEXICO.

Original review: March 8, 2019

My wife and I purchased return tickets from Montreal-Quito-Montreal on this crooked airline. On the way there they irreparably broke our one piece of check-in luggage. On the return trip we were never emailed an invitation to check-in online, not could we do it on their website. When we arrived at the airport on the morning of our flight, 75 minutes in advance, at the tiny, never busy Quito airport, they had already closed their check-in gate, which even THEY say they usually close only 60 minutes in advance of departure. There were NO Aeromexico employees to be found ANYWHERE in the airport. When we called their Quito office, still one full hour prior to departure, we were told "too bad.

In one hour [at 9:40am] somebody will be at the airport office, you can speak with them. But you can't board your flight. Sorry". Eventually they tried to sell us one-way flights home at $1200USD each. I learned later that the flight had been oversold. So Aeromexico closed their check-in early so they didn't have to deal with paying customers to whom they owed compensation, instead trying to upsell them to another outrageously expensive flight.

Ultimately, we purchased flights the following day on Delta for $1075CAD each! Aeromexico still can't direct us to a customer service rep who speaks English or French at their Canadian office. But they were very clear that day about telling us to go ** ourselves, we were on our own, even though they had broken their contract with us. As it stands, I'm out the $2200 for the Delta tickets, 2 missed days at work, plus the $600 or so we spent on an Aeromexico flight we weren't allowed to check in to. All because they were too cowardly to admit they had oversold their flight and bumped us, instead choosing to hide so they wouldn't have to provide us compensation. Surely this is the lamest, most dishonest airline EVER! No?

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 2, 2019

I could not make a trip to Cancun, I had a friend who would take my place. They would not allow any name changes because of their policy. They provided 0 justification and just said it's their policy. Other airlines allow a name change for $100 fee. I was notified they will be selling this seat to someone else and they will be making double the money on the seat.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I bought a two ticket from Amsterdam to Panama and when I was coming back from Panama to Amsterdam my wrapped luggage was missing for two days. When I claimed them in Amsterdam they gave me all the details. My bags arrived two days late and totally destroyed and unwrapped and drone and camera was missing. I got a letter from KLM that my luggage was destroyed and unwrapped. I wrote a complaint last week and I got no reply or response. I called today and was told to write another email. I wrote another email. I hope to get any response and compensation for stolen Items and damage done to my luggage and items.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

On 12 Jan 2019 my wife start having a hemorrhage, we went to the clinic and the doctor told us that my wife had a miscarriage and she cannot fly for 14 days. We call Aeromexico and send a e-mail with a picture of the doctor's note. They never reply or call back. On Monday 14 Jan. 2019 we call again and they said that they don't care about us losing the baby and my wife should fly on Wednesday 16 Jan. 2019 or we have to pay around $1200 CDN penalty for my wife and our 2 year old son to change the date (I denied to pay) even to buy new return tickets for them would cost approx. $650 CDN. I flew back to Canada on 16 Jan 2019 which was the original return date, I supposed to have have 3 seats on my own (I paid for them) but to my surprise Aeromexico SOLD the seats to other persons.

HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE. THIS IS FRAUD. They didn't reimburse me not 1 penny (even I paid extra for the seats), they don't have respect for a woman that lost her baby, they just made money on the seats I paid for. The bottom line is that any woman that flies with this greedy airline not only disrespects my wife but disrespects herself and all the women in the world, Aeromexico should be called **. I am going to proceed with a lawsuit against Aeromexico for fraud in Toronto court. Also I am going to contact GlobalNews, Citytv and other organizations or groups that can help us to fight this Misogynist airline. Date of travel: January 2019.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I was waiting in line to board my plane. I paid for a 1st Class seat. I am suppose to be seated 1st before everyone else except families and the disabled in Zone 1. I'm a Zone 2. The process taken, I was in the last group seated. This flight was on January 16, 2019 out of Guadalajara at gate B12. I've paid for 1st class seating before and the boarding process out of San Francisco, CA was always done correctly by zones. The only thing the boarding crew got right was seating the disabled first.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I just traveled December 29, 2018 to Morelia, Mexico from Chicago and had to make a stop at Mexico City. When my husband and I arrived at the airport in Morelia one of our luggages never made it to Morelia. The worst nightmare of any traveler. We made the report at Morelia and said to check with them later to see if at the next flight from Mexico city the luggage would get sent. Later that day no luggage arrived. Finally we called the customer service line the next day to find out where exactly the luggage was but according to them they hadn't found the luggage and had no history of it. After calling them back that same day several times they finally said the luggage had been left at the Mexico City airport but that unless they had room on the next few flights they would not be able to send it to the Morelia airport.

By this time it was December 31st. Finally later in the morning we got a call saying the luggage was finally in Morelia and that we could pick it up. 3 days without our luggage 3!!! Then our way back to Chicago the staff at Mexico City were rude and obnoxious trying to act like they run the world. I had to do a second inspection and wouldn't let me take my carry-on luggage with me, they had me send it with the rest of our luggage when each person is allowed to have 1 personal item and one carry-on. Very rude and irresponsible staff. We used to travel a lot with Aeromexico but after this time I don't think we will unless we don't have to stop at the Mexico City airport. Otherwise the rest of the staff is ok except for the crew there at that airport.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Horrible Service!!! Would have given zero stars if that was an option. Several hours before our flight I received an email informing the flight was delayed 12 hours. When I called Aeromexico to confirm the flight delay, they told me the flight was not delayed and I should go to the airport for the normal scheduled departure. I called twice to confirm and was told to go to the airport. When I arrived at the airport, there were hundreds of people in line for Aeromexico and agents only said to wait in line and gave no information. After an hour in line that never moved, I walked up to the front of the line and demanded to speak to an agent. I was told that the flight was delayed until the next morning.

Our flight was rescheduled and delayed several times over the course of 15 hours and we had to sleep at the airport. The final attempt to reschedule our flight was on an overbooked flight and they could not seat us. We were told the only available flights would be many 5 days later! This caused us to miss our entire trip. The counter agent told us to call Aeromexico and maybe the operator could be of service. We called and was on hold for nearly an hour before being given an email address as a source of contact. There is no one to speak with regarding complaints or flight cancellations. The company only communicates via email.

Horrible customer service!!! I wrote an email explaining what had happened. The company responded saying since they offered us a flight, even if it was 5 days later, they would not refund the tickets nor offer a credit! We spent over $1400 on two tickets and they could not even offer a credit! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. FLY WITH A COMPETITOR.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

My flight was delayed the morning of 12/30/18 leaving from ZAC to Mexico City for "unknown circumstances" at the time. The flight was 4 hours late leaving causing me to miss my connecting flight in Mexico City. The Aeromexico staff called and spoke to every passenger individually and advised that the following flight from Mexico City had limited seats and that some passengers would not have seats in this flight. Hence being delayed to the following flight (a day later). I just went and researched for a direct flight from ZAC to Chicago while there at the airport as I needed to back home for a planned event. Fortunately I found an available seat and purchased it. I'm just looking to get reimbursed for the return flight however Aeromexico has poor customer service and will not reimburse me.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Our stay at your hotel was delightful. Our return trip was a nightmare!!! It took us over 40 hours to get home! Aeromexico was completely incompetent. I know there were many canceled flights in the US that could have made some options not possible, but the options that we were presented with were realistic, avoided the east coast, and any other airline could have made the simple changes. Not Aeromexico: They pushed our flight out, and out, until we could not make our connection in Mexico City - no reason would or could be given! They pulled our bags off the airplane and tried for over an hour to get us on the Alaska Airlines flight to LA but could not do it! They were content to leave us until the following day (New Year's Eve) and have us return to Seattle by 10:00 PM New Year's Eve!!!

When I suggested other flights they got to work and had us booked through Mexico City, Vancouver, Seattle but this took another 1.5 hours to perform! They flew us to Mexico City and gave us vouchers for airport transfers, hotel, and meals. But before leaving the airport for the hotel we needed to "validate" the vouchers: Get in a regular check in line and wait 35 minutes to see an agent - who again typed away for 10-15 minutes to print vouchers to get vouchers! Present the taxi stand a voucher and get them to issue a taxi their voucher - another 15 minutes!

At that point we had been "Aeromexico hostages" for over 12 hours!! 40 minute drive to the "inconvenient" hotel to arrive at 9:45 PM. Food vouchers could only be used in the hotel restaurant starting at 10:30 PM! We had a 3:30 AM wake-up call to return the airport!! I've complained to the airline and will do everything I can to discourage all from using Aeromexico. I know that you must get many complaints about Aeromexico lines. They move at a glacial pace compared to ANY OTHER AIRLINE. The issues that they could overcome were in the computers. The pleasant agents tapped away for hours... No other airline uses antiquated systems like them. I've been disappointed by Aeromexico many times in the past BUT IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!! The issues that they could overcome were in the computers. The pleasant agents tapped away for hours... No other airline uses antiquated systems like them.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

My stepfather's flight was reassigned 5 times while waiting for a connecting flight with Aeromexico. When he went to the ticket counter to ask for information and/or help they said they had no information to give him. When I called and asked they promised him a flight earlier in the day and then reassigned it 3 more times when I called to make a complaint after waiting 26 minutes on hold to speak to a representative they hung up on me. TERRIBLE customer service. Will NEVER book with them again.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I recently made a round trip Montreal-Mexico City. My passport showed two last-names and my plane ticket showed only one last name. For this reason, Aeromexico made such a big fuss and made me buy a new plane ticket. It seems that adding only one last name to the plane ticket was extremely difficult for them since they refused to understand that all they had to do was a minor MODIFICATION and NOT A CHANGE in the name on the plane ticket. Unlike many other airlines which are supportive and helpful in situations like these, their staff were extremely impolite, most likely because I am a woman, and very unprofessional too. All they want is rip you off and get more money from you.

Also, for unknown reasons, I received e-mails from them in which they confirmed two reservations, that I never requested, with different return dates, what an awful mix-up, not only are they rude but also incompetent. I strongly discourage anyone who is planning to fly Aeromexico: poor staff, bad service, terrible food, etc. I have travelled all over the world and this airline is definitely one of the worst. I do not recommend it, Aeromexico never again.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

To make things short I have an email from a young lady named Sandra **, stating that for all the trouble, lack of understanding, lack of customer service, and trouble I went through, they would waive any fees and charges from my flights. I now call to take my flight, and the reps either hang up when I explain the case, or they say there are no notes in the acct to waive the fee. I have an email from Sandra. But when I contact customer service they say that because my email is in ENGLISH they can not assist me.

I've tried to reach this young lady named Sandra, but no email for her, coworkers say they don't know who she is, and don't have ways to contact her through their systems. From June 2018, all the way through Sept I had to deal with people hanging up, people being rude, not listening and just going by their supposed notes. We all know how customer service works. But I've tried to get someone to listen, and no luck. I can honestly say, unless I need to fly with Aeromexico, I probably won't do it again, or recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I called Aeromexico to do changes on my flight but the agent told me he can not do any changes on my flight. l respected their policy but when I end the call the agent canceled my flight and I have enough to get email about the cancellation and next day when I arrive at the airport I tried to check in but for some reason it was showing that there is no ticket on my name. I went to customer service. They told me the agent who I spoke over the phone cancelled my flight. I was like shocked. I didn't know what to do. I was there like 4 hours. I didn't even know if I'm going to take a next flight or not and when I come back home I complain about this message but they didn't care at all. Just wanted to show people they are not professional at all. From now on never again this Airline...

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Four friends had plans to fly from Tijuana Mexico to San Jose Costa Rica for a 7 day vacation along with me having plans to propose to my girlfriend. We got to the airport 2 hours before our schedule departure on November 1st for a 11:30pm flight to Mexico City. After checking in at the automated kiosk, we went to drop off our bags. The agent stopped us since two of our friends are Mexican citizens and their middle two names were missing from the reservation. We go to the customer service counter and they tell us they can not add the names to the tickets due to a policy change within the company on September 25th.

Nothing they can do. Only option is to purchase a new ticket and forfeit the ones we already paid $1600 round trip for. I asked for a concession and see if they could change the names on the return flights which were purchased separately anyways. And they said no. I was willing to purchase two new one way tickets so the four of us could all leave that night as planned, they said no. There is no more space on the plane. So basically the two tickets we had to forfeit could not be classified as available seats. And the two friends would have to fly out the next day on a 12:30pm flight that would cost $22000 pesos each round trip. Round trip would have to be purchased to show proof of return.

I decided we would all not board the plane and split up the group and went back to our apartment in TJ. I called customer service with no luck. I asked for a customer complaint number and they said they only have an email for that but it would take up to 10 days for a response. I wrote my email and have not gotten a reply or heard back since. Only got an auto reply they got the email and assigned me a case number. I tried to explain that when I booked the flight for the 4 people in California, the English site would not allow me to input two names in the Last Name box. Not knowing the significance of last names for Mexico I simply input what I thought was the last name of the to Mexican citizens. Only to find out later I had used their maiden name and not their last name.

The airline told me if I had used their last name instead, they would allow us to board. In a sense the airline had no interest in helping out their customers due to their own error in programming on their website and no warning about having complete name was ever on their disclaimer or warning banners. We ended up canceling our trip because we did not want to spend an additional $3500 dollars for new tickets and let alone give the airline more of our money.

We lost out on half of our AirBnB reservation and I lost my opportunity to propose to my girlfriend. I had arranged plans and made specific reservations in Costa Rica for this. We are traumatized by this experience and would never use Aeromexico again. I am on a mission to spread my word so others do not experience the same fate as us. We are all paying customers. We deserve to be treated as such. In my opinion this airline just wants to find ways to take more money from you and use your desperation as the controlling factor. It’s wrong and people deserve better.

Resolution response: Nov. 28, 2018

After a lot of frustration and confusion and lack of response and phone numbers that didn't work and soaking with customer service agents who for the most part had no authority to do anything, we eventually connected with an agent from the airport in Mexico who was able to get the bag delivered to us. Unfortunately, the bad delivery man was unhappy with the location of the address we were staying at and made it known, buuut so happy to have received the bag with only minor scratches.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I've had bags lost on other airlines, and I have had immediate help. I've had my bag delivered to me in Mexico within 12 hours. I've had my bag delivered to me in remote areas of Siberia within a few days. But with Aeromexico, despite one seemingly helpful person at the airport, nothing. Everyone on the phone reverts to, "There's nothing now that we can do than have you email this email address, no supervisors can see where the bag is, add an address for delivery if found, nothing, just call two numbers (where no one answers, or a third that doesn't exist given to us by a customer service rep on the phone after being on hold for 5 minutes), and wait. Wait. Accidents happen, mistakes happen, but this is red tape waste of time meanwhile with lost luggage affecting a trip. Very unimpressed with the ridiculous circuit off incompetence.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I bought 2 tickets to Brazil, for my wife and I, at that moment we were not pregnant. Now we found out that we are pregnant and due to Zika in Brazil our OBGyn forbids our trip because Brazil now is a risk area for Zika and Zika is responsible for bad development for pregnancy. Due to this conditions I contacted Aeromexico and they are refusing to cancel and refund ours tickets. Who from Aeromexico will be responsible if something happens with my wife and baby?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

First sign that I’d be an unhappy customer was when the Aeromexico gate agent at JFK told me I’d have to check my carry-on, after which I walked onto a plane with literally dozens of empty overhead compartments. That was nothing compared to our return flight. We flew from Mexico City to JFK this morning. After arriving at the airport we were told the 7:30 flight would be delayed due to weather, but no updates on the actual time were given. That made it impossible to go get breakfast, take a walk, or do anything besides sit and wait.

When we were finally lined up to board, we were told we’d need the immigration form we’d been given when we arrived. No one had ever told this that we’d need the form once it was stamped—not upon arrival and certainly not during the two hours we sat at the gate. Since my boyfriend didn’t have his, he ran to immigration to get one. This only took about 10 minutes, but immigration asked him to go back through security. When he got to security, the security guard told him that he couldn’t come through because it was past 7:30–the agents had never been told that Aeromexico flights were delayed, and so he thought our plane had already left.

When my boyfriend called me to tell me this I asked the ladies at the front desk if they could page security to help get my boyfriend through. They said they would not. Then when he finally did get through security (with no help from Aeromexico staff), the gate agents would not let him onto the flight despite the fact that it was still on the tarmac. When I went to the front of the plane to tell the flight attendants that my boyfriend was at the gate, they said that they already told me they would not help me. Meanwhile we sat at the gate for another 15 minutes.

The gate agent then told my boyfriend to go to another gate where he would be booked free of charge. Once he got there he spoke to about five different people who said they had no idea what he was talking about and that he’d have to purchase a new ticket (not a change-fee, mind you) for $600. When I called to ask for a refund for the lesser ticket that was never used, I was given another set of nos and not possibles. Overall, Aeromexico is staffed with rude, unhelpful staff that can’t think out of the box or be the slightest bit flexible in solving situations they themselves created. Don’t bother.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

Myself Guruprasad traveling from Mexicali-Mexico city-Amsterdam-Bangalore (India) was threatened, cheated, spoken rudely and misbehaved by Aeromexico staff in Mexico city. They charged me 2723 MXN $ for Transit without visa (TWOV I94) for Amsterdam (Supervisor of Hall L2, Gate 54 staff and Aeromexico information desk in front of gate 54). They told me if I don't have a Schengen transit Visa I cannot board the plane from Mexico city to Amsterdam. They made me to go counter to counter for 3 hours before boarding (8PM-11PM) asking for proper information and nobody had one information and then they made me pay the amount and after that the flight attendant took away my passport, boarding pass & TWOV I94 T receipt while boarding the flight. I submitted my work permit card to the airline staff while boarding since I was leaving Mexico.

On landing Amsterdam I enquire with Amsterdam police and other all concerned officers, they told me it's a cheating case and nothing as such is required. I asked the Aeromexico supervisor in Amsterdam (Gate F3). She spoke rudely to me questioning my legality, my nationality and spoke rubbish things to me. She asked to show my work permit card which we are suppose to submit while leaving Mexico and I already had done that. When I explained her that I submitted while leaving Mexico she said, "You Indians do illegal things without visa in Mexico and that is why you paid the amount." One supervisor says I need to pay for transit visa just to enter the airport of Amsterdam and other questioned my legality which is baseless. What kind of scam is this?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

I prefer the Aeromexico Flights to anyone who wants to fly in the air. I travel last week when I planned to travel from New York to Los Angeles. I used the Aeromexico Customer Service +1 800 525 9861 to book the Aeromexico Tickets and I got the professionals and satisfied services from the customer service team. I suggest to all if anyone planned to travel in the air check in the Aeromexico Flights and make your journey memorable. To get the more information about Aeromexico Tickets to visit the website.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I had the worst experience with Aeromexico. Their issued boarding pass did not work at the security checkpoint and as a result, I missed the flight. Aeromexico refused to rebook me in the next flight because there was no one at the airport counter and thus reservation on the phone refused booking me.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

Aeromexico lost my luggage on March 22nd, 2018. It is currently September 2018, and I have not received my lost luggage. Every customer service number I have called have said they can't help me, and that I should check in with a different AM office for more information. When I go to check in with that department of AM, I am immediately referred to another department AGAIN. I sent several e-mails to the lost luggage team, and never got a response that even remotely tried to assist me. It seems as if nobody wants to take responsibility for anything with this airline, and simply pass off issues to the next department until you get so fed up with dealing with all of them that you give up. I wouldn't be surprised if in the future one of their planes crashed based on how much their employees do not care.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Hi. My name is Gabriel and my daughter had a flight to Mexico on July 23 and she came at 7:30 pm and my family was waiting for her and nobody gave information about her. I needed to call the Aeromexico to give information to my family because my daughter wasn't on time. My daughter came out at 9:30 because they call her overhead. When she came back to New York on August the 13 she had a flight at 9:15 am. She was with her grandpa and her aunt looking to check in for my daughter's flight and they kept asking people who worked there where should they go in line. They told them to go over to a different line and they asked again and they told them to go to another line. The people who worked there gave them the wrong directions to which line they should go to.

But every time they asked them to help them they were very rude to my daughter's aunt and her grandpa and barely helped them. They waited online for a long time only to know it was the wrong line. Then they went to another line which this guy who also worked there told them to go to. There were machines on the line where they waited to go through to check in the luggage. It was finally my daughter's turn to go put her information of her flight on the system. They checked her passport and scanned her flight ticket. The guy that helped them said that they didn't pay the luggage even though I did pay for it. The guy said that I had to pay 500 pesos Mexicanos to him so that the luggage can come with my daughter.

My daughter asked another guy that worked there if he could help them. She explained what had happened and he said to go over to the other line to check in because this is the wrong line. The other guy that told me I needed to pay interrupted my conversation with the guy that was helping me. The guy who said that my daughter luggage wasn't paid then told them that the machines weren't working.

My daughter and her aunt left to the correct line to check in her luggage. They finally check in only to find out that my daughter luggage couldn't enter the plane because it was already too late. They said it was fine and they explained what my daughter should do with my luggage. It was already late. They ran fast to go through security but she couldn't pass through because she is underage. My daughter is fifteen and I remember calling and saying that it was okay for her to go since she was fifteen. It took her forever and the ladies who worked there said she needed to get a stamp. Her aunt had to get it which wasted time and then she finally got the stamp which said minor.

My daughter then rushed to get to her flight and it was early for her still. When she got there in the plane already took off. My daughter lost her flight because the people that worked there gave them the wrong direction and barely helped them. They got there at 6:00 am and it took them a really long time. They wasted my daughter and her aunt's time trying to find where to check in. I had to buy another ticket the same day. It cost me 500 dollars. The next day I checked in with the company to buy the ticket and they told me that Aeromexico that my daughter didn't show to the flight. My son called Aeromexico and didn't give him information and said that my daughter was not accompanied by no one even though her aunt and grandpa were with her. They didn't give us a refund on the flight that my daughter had missed because of the people who worked weren't helping them at all.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Aeromexico's negligent attitude and flight delays caused my family 24 hours of stress and panic. We will never fly them again and caution others to not use this airline. The customer service agents are rude and do not communicate. Here is the horror of our events. Our return flight from Queretaro, Mexico to Mexico City was delayed an HOUR, resulting in us missing our connecting flight after being told we didn't need to worry because they let the connecting flight know passengers on our flight were delayed. We were told it would be a tight time frame but we would make the flight.

Once we arrived we had 5 minutes to get to our plane which was on the other side of the airport. Impossible! Once we arrived at the gate the agents were completely since as they laughed and typed on their computer. Finally they told us the plane left 30 minutes prior and it was not their problem. They laughed and told my husband we were stupid because we scheduled our connecting flight 2.5 hours after arrival. After my husband argued with them for 30 minutes they did give us new tickets but that just caused even more chaos.

We were issued new tickets for a flight 8 hours later, with no hotel accommodations, and the new tickets caused us to miss our next flight. So after much argument back and forth Aeromexico issued all new tickets for entire trip back to United States without additional charges. Or so we thought... Once it was time to board Aeromexico to Los Angeles they kept changing the gate number without announcing it on the board or through intercom. So we go to board the plane and are told gate has changed. We run to other side and then are told gate changed again. Finally board the plane, and head to LA.

Once we arrived to Los Angeles it was determined that Aeromexico failed to issue our children's tickets for the final lag of our trip though they ensured us back in Mexico City they did. At this point the final destination tickets were through Delta. So Delta then ensures us tickets are fixed and once my husband and I board the plane our children are held back because their tickets didn't work AGAIN. Finally after my kids freak out because their parents are already on the plane Delta allowed the children to board the plane. This wasn't Delta's fault, Aeromexico issued the tickets for us but they couldn't even do it correctly, causing more delays and stress.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

We were supposed to fly out of Guadalajara on Sunday 7/29/18. Our flight was supposed to leave at 6:01am. When we got to the airport it was chaos and we wasted time looking for the correct line. When we managed to find the correct line it was almost 5:00 am and we were told that our flight was closed. We were not given any direction on what to do. We went to customer service, but were told we had to call Delta because we booked through them. The people were rude and would not offer us any solutions. To make a long story short, we had to purchase new tickets. It was an unexpected expense that should not have happened because we had time to board our flight. Why is it that they need to close the flights an hour before takeoff?? It’s ridiculous and I will not be flying with Aeromexico again.

Original review: July 20, 2018

I flew from Toronto Canada to Mexico City to Quito Ecuador and then returned to Toronto 12 days later. I purchased upgrades for all 4 flights. On the flights from Toronto to Mexico City and back, my seats were broken and did not recline. I am 75 years old and chose to upgrade because of those reclining seats. I requested a refund and was told those services are non-refundable. I suggested that when the service you sell is not provided a refund is appropriate. They further acknowledged 'passengers occupying a place in unsuitable conditions is certainly unpleasant'. I paid extra money for the unpleasantness they sold.

I did not ask to be compensated for my extreme discomfort and inconvenience, simply the difference between the economy fare and the cost of the upgrade. There is no punitive component to the compensation I seek. Aeromexico has offered a credit for a future flight. A flight credit does not acknowledge my complaint, and does not cost them anything (in fact, it benefits them as it would likely result in further revenue to purchase travel with them). Why would I take a chance on flying again with them when their equipment is in disrepair and their concern for the customer is lacking.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I know Aeromexico has cheap flights, that's why we choose it, but unfortunately we got an emergency that forced us to change the date (I hope nobody has to go through something like this), there is not sympathy or compassion at all with the client who is passing for a really bad and sad moment, I remember paying for changes in other airlines but never imagine that the cost of the change at Aeromexico would be more of the cost of the trip. I paid $700CAD for the trip and the ask me to pay $1100CAD extra to make the change. I preferred to buy a ticket with a different airline that pay Aeromexico that ridiculous amount for that trip. I remembered to call crying with a deep emotional pain and been talking with a robotic customer service representative was awful, I even ask to talk to someone different and the new one talked exactly the same, what a shame, they only repeat a script with no care at all for the customer’s feelings.

Original review: July 1, 2018

Flew from TX to Mexico City to Oaxaca. Enjoyed our time in Oaxaca. On day 6, I was pickpocketed, passports and credit cards taken. Needed to have passports to fly. Called Aeromexico customer service, was advised to just file police report and take to ticket desk. Spent 4 hours filing police report. Didn’t feel comfortable with that answer. We had to ride a bus to Mexico City to get passports. Had to stay the night and go to US Embassy in the morning and get passports.

Next day went to airport to make sure all was good to fly, only to be told we would have to purchase new tickets, because we were not on original flight from Mexico to Oaxaca... hello, needed passports. We had no choice but to pay. If we would have known that, we would have taken the 6 hr bus ride back to Oaxaca. Who would think you would have to buy a ticket you already paid for. No good words for this airline. Customer service should be a main concern with this airline at the least. One star is way too much to give, but no other option.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Manager Emanuel ** or whatever his name is. Was not even trying to help me book a flight ticket. I had call about 20 minutes earlier and a young lady was helpful and try to help and this so call manager did not even try. Very bad customer service. Will never book from this stupid airline. Very bad service.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Aeromexico cancelled my reservation without any phone call, email, or text message. When I asked why or how this could have happened they had no explanation other than I should go to an airport and show my ID and card. Which I did, immediately but did not do any good. I had to re-buy the tickets but this time for 300.00 more than when I made the purchase 12 hours earlier. They have no live customer service that deals with billing issue, they have only an email team that didn't see anything wrong with what they did. I wonder how many other people they cancel on just to re-sell at a higher price.

Aeromexico Company Information