1.10/5
  • 1 star
Based on 211 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Your airline may owe you up to
$400
Bad airline experience?
You may qualify for a partial refund
You may think there's nothing you can do about delays and cancellations, but you can seek compensation for these and other bad experiences.
Think there's nothing you can do about delays or canceled flights? We'll help you seek compensation-try it for free!

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 29, 2017

249 Aeromexico Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

This is the worst airline ever! We were stuck in Mexico City on our way to Cancun because our flight was 4 hours late (they said due to weather, but there were other flights leaving and landing on time with other airlines), and given no option except to fly out 2 days later. After being forced to pay for a hotel in Mexico City, when we decided to book a flight from MEX City to Cancun the following day with another airline. Aeromexico canceled our flight home (that I had upgraded to premium). They didn't even tell us and when we called customer service because we couldn't check-in. They hung up on us 3 times.

Finally they said because we missed one leg of flight they gave our return tickets to someone else. Too bad. No seats left. When we requested a refund, they said a supervisor would call us. That was 4 days ago. We had to get home to California so we had to pay another $800 for a flight home with American Airlines. I can't get a hold of anyone at this company. My calls keep getting dropped. No one responds on the customer service request page. We are out $2,000 + a lot of time and inconvenience. What kind of company treats customers like this???

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

You give Aeromexico money, they take your money, spit in your face, and run. AeroMexico is total garbage. If AeroMexico is your only choice just stay home. AeroMexico is out to rob you. AeroMexico is the epitome of greed. You're going to get screwed if you deal with AeroMexico. DON'T DO IT. To this day AeroMexico has not rectified their thieving of my luggage & my money. Money towards an AeroMexico ticket = money wasted. Don't be fooled by AeroMexico's false promises like I was.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

Was on approach to Mexico City during the earthquake. This MEX Airport and Aeromexico is screwed up and unorganized as it is, but imagine adding a natural disaster to the mix. Circled Mexico City for 1 hour. Diverted to Querétaro Airport and was held in the plane on the runway for over 4 hours. They called names of some passengers and let them off to go into airport. I asked if my wife and I could get off and I was told no. If we were in the USA, I would have pulled the yellow slide lever and bought a ticket with another airline, but I didn't want to end up in a Mexican prison, so I complied with the hostage situation. (You can't hold somebody on a plane at an airport that did not experience a natural disaster for over 4 hours.)

So then after waiting at a perfectly good airport, the pilot decides to take off and go back to Mexico City to an airport that is closed with no flights because of earthquake damage. Circled another hour and landed. Waited in line 2 hours at a temporary counter to get rebooked on a possible flight the next afternoon. Was treated like crap. No, earlier flight, no hotel voucher, no food, no water, and was told to go wait "upstairs" for 24 hours. There were aftershocks and lots of broken windows and rubble at the airport. I was fortunate and got us out of there the following day on another airline. Why on earth would you hold someone captive on a plane for over 4 hours and then decide to go back to a natural disaster site??

The city and airport were in disarray and there were no hotel rooms or flights to be found. My heart goes out to the victims of the disaster, but why would you add more stress to the situation by bringing a plane full of people back and dropping them off? Our rights and decision making skills were violated that day. There is no excuse for this level of incompetence. Imagine, these were the people we trust with our lives. Never again will I put myself in a situation like this again. My wife was traumatized and our vacation was ruined and overshadowed by this event that could have easily been avoided. I will never fly this airline again and I will warn all of my friends and family to stay away.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

We traveled on Jul 3 2017. One of our luggage was missing. The inconvenient about our luggage made us worries and we forgot our cellphone in the chair the airplane but the flight attendant she did not see the cell phone. Why if we back immediately to the plane because we were the last passengers. I wrote to Aeromexico but never I received any respond.

In our return to Canada, the desk of Aeromexico made our check-in late without mentioning us that the flight was closed. It was terrible for me with my 2 children and the employee threatened us with the police because they wanted us to raise stamps on Immigration. My children were scared. I had a surgery days before and the situation were terrible for the regular recovery.

I went the Department of Health of the Airport because I was very affected with the problem. I have reports of the time they received my luggage and all the proofs but when I sent the client department of Aeromexico. About the situation they decided to offer apologies but they still they have my money and nothing about compensation and the answer to my report about the situation only has a words that make me a client really abused by Aeromexico.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

After arriving at London Heathrow Airport for a return journey to Puerto Vallarta via Mexico City I realised that the bank I stopped at on my way to the airport had forgotten to return my passport which they used to verify my I.D. In a panic, with 2 hours before departure of my flight I tried to contact the bank with no luck as they had closed. I informed the check in staff of my dilemma, who unsympathetically told me they could do nothing to help and I would need to bring the customer service number. I asked if they could get me on the next flight or next day's flight and all they kept saying was they could not do anything. I asked where was the customer service in trying to help a customer in distress, and I got the same answer again!

When I called I was connected after a very long time to an agent, who I presume was in Mexico, and sounded like she was a tape recording and kept telling me the same thing over and over again, which was that I would have to pay for a 1st class 1 way ticket with a cancellation cost of £300 pounds which was the policy. She informed me that there was only 1 first class seat left for the next day’s flight. I told her the check in staff who I was standing with informed me there were plenty of seats for the next day’s flight in economy (“Scam Number 1”).

I asked if there was any discretion in an unfortunate emergency like this as the bank teller forgot to give me my passport back and I would have to go back in the morning to retrieve it. She proceeded to repeat herself in terrible English, like a parrot, that I had to pay for a 1st class ticket If I wanted to travel with them!! When asked how much she said the cancellation fee was £300 pounds. I informed her to go ahead as I had no choice at which point she changed her story and said I needed to pay £1,288 instead. I asked how come when she just told me it was 300 pounds and she said that was the fare for a 1 way 1st class ticket.

The conversation went on for a further 20 minutes with the agent who was the most ignorant poorly trained customer service agent I have ever spoken to in my life, going around in circles. The woman sounded like a robot with very poor grip on English who was reading a script, with no emotion, empathy or sympathy to my plight. These crooks mislead you and try and upsell you after knowing of your distress.

Aeromexico has the worst customer service with the most poorly trained employees I have ever spoken to. The cabin crew on every flight look miserable and unhelpful with some being downright rude on a few occasions. Food is absolutely terrible, but unfortunately after having travelled all over the world I found this to be the worst airline ever, even worse than some of the bad airlines I have experienced in some of the ex-Soviet states. Third world airline with 3rd world service. They should be named and shamed in the media for ripping off people who are genuinely in despair and distress. 10 out of 10 for being the worst airline in the world.

Keep up your poor reputation Aeromexico because I would rather walk than fly in one of your airplanes again. Now stranded in London with no means to pay for another ticket after you have probably sold my seat as a last minute deal online and then tried to make me pay over 25,000 pesos for another 1 way ticket!! Please check their cancellation or missed flight policies before booking especially booking online through the likes of Booking.com, Expedia etc... who never send you that information, which should be in the confirmation email they send when you make a reservation. Very sneaky buggers. Everything is geared towards trying to mislead people to upsell their products or allow people to miss their flights as they very rarely display the correct flight information in airports about the gate number, delays or time of departure at which point they ask for more money to sell you another ticket after misleading you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

As I was waiting with my boyfriend to board my connecting flight from Mexico City to New York... I waited patiently in the designated area for my flight. I noticed 5 posts indicating each group to line up for boarding. I checked my ticket and saw I was in zone 5. Shortly after I noticed people began to create a line in their corresponding zones - and as a result my boyfriend and I went online in zone 5. The female attendant started in zone 1, VIP customers and after 20 mins I realized all customers we moving to that zone. She obviously wasn't checking zone and boarding in some kind of order- instead it became a little chaotic as customers moved past to quickly board the plane, while others like myself waited in the corresponding zone. Why place signs to corral customers in an orderly fashion and then have the attendants themselves cause mayhem?

Then finally I cut the line and shifted to the zone one, where everyone was, and my ticket didn't scan... I asked, "why". Attendant replied, "just wait by the desk". I went over to the desk and asked the other attendant "is there something wrong?" She replied "give me a second". Other customers went through, she helped others as I stood there becoming infeasibly anxious because my flight was about to take off.

After 20 minutes of not being acknowledged, she placed my tickets on the counter and said your new seAts for both you and your boyfriend have been changed... I asked "why", rudely she replied "because we have minors traveling alone"... no apologies for having me wait there- I walked away with my tickets - extremely upset. Upon boarding the plane I noticed the two individuals that took our seats... an elderly man and a woman mid 30's. My seat was changed for these "minors"? What did they do to get my seats? Did they pay the attendant cash? Very poor customer service.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Had a family death in Mexico, I offered to pay for my parents to fly out there. We ordered tickets online, sadly a typo was made and 2 tickets were purchased in my father's name. I immediately called and requested a name change. After several hours of the runaround, I was informed that I would have to pay an additional $300.00 for the name change. I agreed to pay, since they had said there are no exceptions. Period. I was transferred for a 5th time to another unprofessional and was told I had to purchase a 3rd ticket. Absurd. I asked for a refund and/or cancellation. They suggested to cancel with absolutely no refund at all. I have been a traveler for business and personal for 2 decades now and I have NEVER experienced the lack of empathy, sympathy and unprofessionalism in my life. I would highly recommend that if you are considering a purchase with this company that you run away as fast as you can.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

My wife and daughter had reserved plane tickets from Guadalajara to Tijuana and over a week before flying my father passed away. I immediately called Aeromexico to ask about the protocol and asked to have her flight moved forward from one Saturday to the next. I was assured that if I produced a death certificate, a marriage certificate and my birth certificate that I would not incur fees. One day before the flight they canceled both my daughter's and wife's reservation. I called them and was told that to reserve the flight I would have to either purchase new tickets or pay $160.11 for my wife and $160.11 for my 12-year-old daughter. This airline is not sympathetic and maybe less empathetic. Consumers beware. The Mexican airlines do not have protocols for a decease parent. They operate like a true third world country.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I purchase 2 tickets back in March, I was scheduled to fly out of LAX to Guadalajara, Mexico. However, my aunt died a week later after I purchase the tickets! She was on vacation when she was shot and killed with an AK-47 wrong place at the wrong time!!! She was a second mom to me, I cancelled my flight to start funeral arrangements, needed to fly my aunt's body back to LA. I submitted all of these to the so called EMAIL Customerrelations.com. Have not heard back in weeks. Texted, emailed, called, nothing. No credit. No money. $458 gone!!! I am Hispanic born in United States from Mexican parents, this airline represents Mexico! No wonder they don't like us. When companies like this mislead people... SHAME on you. Change your name to AeroRipoff and leave Mexico out of it.

Original review: June 20, 2017

Do NOT book a flight with Aeromexico!!! This airline is TERRIBLE!!! I booked a family trip with this airline months ago (JAN-2017) from Houston to Cozumel. Received notification that the airline had COMPLETELY discontinued service to Cozumel. Well AFTER booking many people. First of all... that is RIDICULOUS! They should still complete flights that have been booked in good faith before cancelling. Since then, I have to spend multiple hours on the phone with them only to tell me that "Customer Relations" can only be contact via email. Okay, so now I have to contact "Customer Relations" via email. They respond and say that my refund will be credited back in 7 to 14 business days. That was May 25th, 2017... almost a month ago!!!

I have sent NUMEROUS follow ups to this so-called "customer relations" and have received no response. So, I called the 1-800 number and their response... you have to contact "Customer Relations" via email which I have done numerous times with no Response. Then the rude individual on the phone said, "Oh, they are incorrect... it take 4 to 6 weeks to get your refund". FOUR to SIX weeks??? Are you kidding me??? THAT IS RIDICULOUS AND THIS AIRLINE IS A JOKE!!! Piece of advice to EVERYONE. PAY THE EXTRA MONEY AND FLY WITH A REAL AIRLINE. Aeromexico is NOT worth the hassle!!!

Original review: June 16, 2017

Aeromexico fell very short of any customer service standard and I have since reported this airline to the Better Business Bureau Case # **. The icing on the cake: Aeromexico has 1800 426 9000 listed on their website (https://aeromexico.com/en-us/contact-us) as their contact number to report illegal or unethical practices, but when you call the number, it's another entity trying to sign the caller up for $100 rebate- non affiliated with Aeromexico. This company does not have a live or even responsive customer service system at Dulles Airport, or on the phone in the U.S. or Mexico. The only time you speak to a live person is if you want to purchase a ticket. PLEASE HELP ME!

Original review: May 23, 2017

This is the worst airline I have ever flown. We returned from Guatemala city to Toronto via Mexico city on May 15, 2017. I had a very expensive handmade blanket I had purchased in Guatemala stolen out of my bag and all of our stuff had been ransacked and moved to other bags. Customer service was non-existent. Can't get anyone on phone or when you do they are zero help and direct you towards email. Waited over a week for a response only to have someone say, "Sorry, nothing we can do. By the way, your item is not covered under baggage insurance." Never again will I fly this airline or go anywhere near Mexico.

Original review: May 11, 2017

My luggage was practically brand new leaving LAX on 4/29/17. When I arrived in Mexico City, the front compartment w/ zipper was practically ripped off the foundation. I only had a 2hr layover and immigration lines were so long, I thought I was going to miss my connection flight. Long story short, I was asked to sign a waiver (so they would not be held liable) on my flight back to LAX. The moral of the story is to take pictures of your luggage before releasing it to the Airlines!

Original review: April 1, 2017

In December, I had bought a plane ticket for a trip from Oslo to Cancun with KLM. The ticket included two transits, one in Mexico City, one in Amsterdam. KLM gave me a ticket with Aeromexico for the flights between MXN and CUN. My scheduled return date was February 22nd. Suddenly, I received an SMS four hours prior to my first flight informing me that my flight from Amsterdam to Oslo was canceled, due to a storm in Amsterdam. According to that SMS, they were working on finding a solution. Soon after this, received an email informing me that I could book another flight for free. I clicked on the link, but couldn't get a ticket for free, the system was charging me for the ticket change as usual. Then, I tried many times to call them, but got no response. I sent them a msg about that on Facebook, but after 50 mins. I hadn't got any response and couldn't reach them on the phone either. This is the first part of my complaint.

Then, I rushed to Cancun Airport in the hope of changing my ticket there. I contacted Aeromexico, since my first flight was with them. They looked indifferent and impolite from the very beginning: they told me they didn't have access to the database of KLM and couldn't do anything for that. I ask if there was any representative of KLM in that airport, they said 'no'.The only thing the did for me was to call Delta, another sister company of KLM.

When the Delta employee who tried to help me asked for the flight number of my Aeromexico flight, I asked the employee of that company about it. She said in a rude way that she doesn't have access to my passenger information and that she couldn't help me. I told her many times in Spanish and English that I only need the flight number of the next Aeromexico flight to Mexico City. She kept on repeating that, although I was trying to make clear that she didn't need my passenger info to find that. At the same time, she wasn't working with anything else, she was playing games on her smartphone and listening to music. In the end, I was threatened by another Aeromexico employee that he would call the police. I had to walk 30 m and see the flight number myself. then, the Delta employee had hang up and I had to start over again rebooking my flight.

The whole rebook took me over 45 mins in the end. This is the second part of my complaint: if KLM sells me a ticket with another air carrier, they needed to guarantee me that the other company would give the same service as KLM would give to me. This means full access to my passenger information, helpfulness and politeness.

My negative surprises with Aeromexico don't stop there. When I would finally fly back to Oslo, on Feb 27th, got the same msg, that my passenger info wasn't available. After 10 mins, the employee finally found me. However, she gave me a new boarding pass with another seat than the one I had got the day before when I checked-in online. The new seat was much more uncomfortable for a big-sized man like me. Again: if KLM sells me a ticket with another air carrier, they needed to guarantee me that the other company would give the same service as KLM would give to me. This means full access to my passenger information, helpfulness and politeness.

Original review: March 19, 2017

I called to book a new flight with a confirmation number of a past flight I had to cancel. The first person I spoke to say since the charge would be in pesos (at this time I'm in Mexico) they would have to transfer the call. After 5 minutes waiting on the phone, the next person answered the phone but said I would have to be transferred to another person who could speak English. Stayed online for another 12 minutes.

Then a girl came on and it took over an hour to rebuy a ticket. First she put credit card information in wrong and said my card was denied. I asked her to read back card and three numbers were wrong. Then I looked at my watch and explained to her I had been on the phone for over an hour and had to go to work in 10 minutes. She said we are just about done. Gave her my email address 3 times and then said to her "I just received the charge on my credit card and I wrote down all the information you told me". But, I now have to get off the phone. I asked if she was done and she said yes and would send the email to me. I got to work and checked my email and it says, "Your set and soon will be on your way." I scroll down to look at info and it was the old info from the cancel ticket.

I called back and was transferred 4 times only to be told she never completed the process and canceled the ticket. Then because she canceled I would have to rebuy the 2 tickets and pay double the price. What??? Because she was incapable of doing her JOB correctly?? I was transferred to customer service and then was informed they have to start a case, even though I was already told they could see she had all the information but just never finished. Customer service girl said it will take up to 10 days to investigate and fix the problem. Unbelievable and I still don't have the tickets and I'm pretty sure, based on my last experience with Aeromexico this will not get taken care of to make it right. This will be my last time flying on Aeromexico.

Original review: March 19, 2017

My baggage has been miss out when I travel Mumbai-Amsterdam-Mexico-Santo Domingo. Received baggage after 3 days with damaged condition. Who to I contact as airport authority/airline is not responding.

Original review: March 18, 2017

I have been given the run around from AeroMexico about my stolen items since 1-20-17. I have been sending several messages asking for status on what they plan on doing to make this right with my stolen items and still no response from them. I have written customer relations as well as contacto equipaje where they sent me a response after my first letter that they will get back to me with the outcome and as of today 3-17-17 nothing. I have contacted the number on the corporate office 1-800-237-6639 with no luck. This is the line for reservations and recordings. I also contacted the corporate office in Mexico 52 55 91324979 with no luck. All they did was transfer me to the recording extensions. You can never get a hold of anyone on this airline.

I had a iPhone 7 stolen along with 5 pair of puma tennis shoes, 5 Levi jeans, 2 used phones, 12 pair of Adidas socks, 1 jacket and 1 blue tooth. I also had to pay for a room for the night in Mexico City as the flight was delayed due to the pilots did not arrive on time in Denver which made my connecting flight delayed until the next day. I had family members having to spend the night in Guadalajara until I arrived the next day. My luggage did not even arrive with me until 4 days after my arrival in Guadalajara. When the guy brought my luggage that is when I noticed things missing.

I was never told they were sorry or if there is anything they could do. They really do not have any customer service skills nor do they assist in making sure things run smoothly when it is their fault not mother nature nor the customer. I am trying to get this issue resolved but I keep on getting closed doors. They hide the owners and you cannot get anyone to assist you to get this resolved. You cannot get any of importance to answer your questions and get answers. This company needs to put out some phone numbers or e-mail addresses of their executives in order to get issues resolved.

Original review: March 16, 2017

Message for Wende of Peterborough, ON - I had a very similar experience with Aeromexico to you. Absolutely horrible customer service this airline has. I was blown away by the ignorance and unwillingness to help in any way. I also had ticket credit with Aeromexico from last year when I had this horrible experience. I went to book another flight with them this year to go to Mexico again. I am totally opposed to flying with them again but I have a $800 ticket with them that I did not want to waste.

I called to book another flight that was about the same price as the original around $800. There was a whole bunch of hidden fees that I was not told about at the time of the cancellation. They quoted me OVER A $1000 for another flight that was the exact same price so they actually wanted me to pay more than the flight was actually worth?! I am absolutely furious with this company. They should not even be allowed to operate if this is the way they treat people.

Original review: March 14, 2017

I need to write a good review for Aeromexico. They did lose my luggage at Mexico City, but they kept in touch via email all the time to let me know about the progress of finding it. The registration process of the lost bag was easy. They were very apologetic and delivered my bag in 2 days to a small town in Panama. They sent an automatic credit to my credit card for $100USD. Air Canada lost my bag once and it was way worse.

Original review: March 12, 2017

They closed the door in our noses and made us pay $900 ($450 per person) otherwise we would have been stranded in Mexico. Need to say more? NEVER use this airline even if you feel like is cheaper. Their missed flight policy is a scam!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

Avoid Aeromexico at all cost. Aeromexico is the worst airline I have ever experienced. Worst customer service ever. They deliberately made us miss our connection in Mexico City. They're incompetence and disrespectful. Unprofessional agents are in a class by themselves. They certainly convinced us (a group of 14) that Mexico is not a place we ever would set foot in again. After 40 years of travel all over the world I can honestly say I never want to go near Aeromexico or its horrendous staff of incompetent rude and lazy workers. Which certainly rules out Mexico for me. Plenty of nicer places to go in this world with much better customer service. If you are unlucky enough to end up on Aeromexico stay clear of this agent.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Well everyone I'm at home. I did not make it to Nicaragua. I took my flight into Mexico on the 10th at about midnight and arrived in Mexico at about 5am. The connecting flight was to leave at 9:20am. When leaving from Mexico there is no gate numbers on your ticket. I was advised by ground staff that the gate would be posted and announced about an hour before the flight was to board. So Whiskey and I waited, and waited and waited... No posting and no announcement!! I started asking any ground staff if they could help me/direct me to where to find some information. "No English" was the only answer I received as they just walked away. I just could not believe it!!! I started to cry. I just didn't know what to do or where to go.

Finally a young couple noticed and came over to help me. I showed them my ticket with the flight info saying I had not heard any announcement or seen anything posted. They took me to a small counter and asked the woman about my flight. She advised them the plane had left!!! I spent at least an hour trying to get help only to miss my flight!! One lady said to me "welcome to Mexico". Aren't they great??? (sarcasm). I was told in broken English that I had to go to a different area to get my luggage. I couldn't find the area so I went back, told the young lady that she would have to show me. You should have seen the look... She took me to a very small hallway where they took my ticket and passport and said I would have to wait.

1/2 an hour later someone came to get me and show me where to go... A nice gentleman got me a cart for the luggage and out I went to where I didn't have a clue. Thank God Sterling was on the phone helping me!!! I go to an Aeromexico counter to get some help and advice. I was told that to get the next flight to Nicaragua would be $848.00 US!!! Are you kidding me??? No he said... No offer of taking the cost of my connecting fight off that I had already paid. Nothing!!! To go home would be 400.00 and something US. Guess which one I took.

Anyway that flight was not until 1am in the morning (12th). It was now 2:30 pm on the 11th. A porter saw me in tears again, probably looking like a deer caught in headlights and came to help... God love him. He spoke English!!! He took the cart with all my luggage and took me to some hotel kiosks to try to get a room for the afternoon. Well guess what... Most of the hotels and people do not accept service dogs!!! Well we finally found one!!! I thanked him. Gave him a huge tip. He as was so kind and helpful and I could not thank him enough.

Off to the hotel we went. Poor Whiskey. What a day for him. His first long trip and this was what he had to deal with. We got to the hotel. I got him some much needed water and food then we both relaxed for a bit. After about 2 hours we went for a long walk just up and down a small park across from the hotel but enough for him to get a run, have a very long pee. Then back we went. I had to be back at the airport by 9pm. So off we go. I guess what... The same treatment. No posting, no announcement. But it was only 9 so it would be a couple of hours. So we waited... I did meet a wonderful lady from the Amazon and we talked for at least an hour. I asked at the little kiosk if there was a gate yet. This was about 10:30pm. Yes gate 62... Off I went to the other end of the airport.

I started talking to a couple that were off to Ecuador at 1am. We talked for a bit and the man went to check on the gate for their flight. They came back at about 11:30 telling me that their gate number and time had changed and that I should check mine as a few had been changed. Off I go back to my starting place. The gate had changed to 75B and it was on the board!!! No one was there... So I asked an Aeromexico ground person. He told me to go down to the Aeromexico counter at the end of a different area... Off I go. No listing people boarding for somewhere. Nothing for Toronto. Back I go to tell this man. He turned his back on me!!! I go down towards 75B, saw a Aeromexico lounge and thought I could ask in there... No one there. Lady for the airline speaks no English.

A man comes over, asks if he can help and points me to the right counter and it is not the counter the rude man told me to go to. Off I go... And I get the gate number it changed. 67 dear god. This change was not posted at all. I almost missed a second flight. Get this... The agent did not offer to use my 2 outstanding tickets to get me back to Toronto. However I can use them as a credit before November the 8th. There is more to the story... Later. Now I have a ticket with a credit. Why could they not use it at the time???

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

Use Aeromexico at your own risk. This is by far the worst airline. If you like to feel on edge about missing your flight then by all means use this airline. I was suppose to leave on vacation to Cancun from New York City last week... well that never happened... why? Because Aero Mexico decided that it was ok to leave one hour and 10 minutes early. If you look through the comments there are many who say they have missed their flight because the flight leaves early. Aero Mexico has this "policy" that says they can change the flights time whenever they want without informing its customers. This policy is a BIG deal to any customer and should be promoted everywhere within their website... but instead they have it in really small letters in god knows what page on their website.

And guess what happens if you don't make it at the time they change the flight to? You have to pay $400 for EACH PERSON. I don't know about you but I do not like taking risks. It doesn't matter how much you complain. They won't refund you or give you anything free or put you on the next flight. Not sure why the flight left early since JFK airport was empty and terminals were empty so it wasn't about "traffic" within the airport. It's just a scam to get more money (the flight was for 7:10am). Also other airlines that were scheduled for a certain time waited until that time to depart but not Aero Mexico. Aside from that if you get there really early they do not tell you your gate number so you are just there wandering around waiting for it. And sometimes they put it up last minute and that's how some people miss their flights as well even though they were there 3+ hours because they only inform the people that got there later.

Also the night before my flight I did not sleep so I was checking the times to make sure the flight wasn't cancelled or delayed since it was raining a lot in NYC. Well... I saw something fishy... I saw that the arrival time was one hour early than its original time but the departure stayed the same. Why the hell would you just change the arrival and not the departure?! Very suspicious. Too bad I had to learn the hard way when I finally got to the airport. AFTER the plane had left that's when the departure and arrival changed. How sweet of them.

Anyways... don't end up like me and my boyfriend... We decided if we would've paid $800 for the next flight (which wasn't even going straight to Cancun, it was going to Mexico city then we had to take another flight which means more $$$) we would've lost more money. So we decided to stay. We lost $1300 in total and were very sad and upset that we couldn't go on this vacation.

Curious little me decided to check the flight for the day we were suppose to return back to NYC. I checked the flight and guess what? They had changed the flight time and it left early again!!! I am pretty sure some people missed their flights and were probably stuck in Mexico. I personally would rather be stuck in my home country than a foreign country and feel lost and confused. I don't know what's wrong with this airline and leaving extremely early (not just by a couple minutes) but it's clearly a scam to get money out of people who aren't there REALLY early. Like if you are the type of person who wants to wait 8+ hours in an airport to "make sure" your airline carrier doesn't leave you then go for it. But it's honestly a waste of time when you can use another airline.

Honestly, pay the extra money and use American Airline, Jetblue, United, or Delta. Even though these airlines might have flaws as well they would never change the flight time last minute and not inform their customers from my experience. They usually leave on time or a few minutes late. I rather be delayed than miss my whole vacation. Oh and let me not forget to add that after we "missed" our flight because they decided to leave early they make you pay a $200 cancellation fee... in what world?! I didn't miss my flight... AEROMEXICO set us up to miss our flight. I don't live across the street from the airport. A true nightmare in itself that nobody should go through.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

We file a complaint online with Aeromexico airline, and contractor Swissport Company. Since our incident on December 19, 2016, we have not heard from either companies. My wife purchased 2 tickets to flight to Guatemala City, going through Mexico City to spend possibly the last Christmas with her ailing 90 year old parents. The tickets were presumably purchased through an "employee discount", using my wife's credit card from Wells Fargo Bank, these tickets were paid on 10/03/16. Our flight was schedule for December 19, at 1:20 A.M. flight #631. We check in that day with no incident. We arrived to Mexico city at 7:20 A.M. and waited 8 hours for our connecting flight #678, which supposed to leave at 4:30 P.M. We were indicated to go to gate #58.

We were there ready to check to our final destination, when an agent from Aeromexico called our names and said we had to go to their office because there was a problem with our tickets? We run to the office, after we already had been check security, got to the office asking for a supervisor. Finally one of the employees called another employee, he was the famous supervisor "Mr. **". This individual check in the computer and he was just wasting our time and saying that there was something wrong with the tickets, my wife said "How can that be? We left Los Angeles airport with no problems, what is wrong" she said? Then he finally said that the tickets were cancelled, that the airline had refused the payment because the tickets were too cheap?

My wife was furious and told him to stop lying because the bank paid since October 3rd. He didn't care. Said "Oh well. Too bad. Now if you guys want to continue with your trip, you have to pay $ 3800.00 dollars?" Why we ask. He said "Because that is the price now." We said we didn't have that kind of money, and we were not from Mexico. He laugh and said that was not his problem. We said "Then send us back to Los Angeles with the same tickets." He said no, and even if we paid the airplane had left and the next flight was not until December 21st. Then he left. Another agent came and ask what the problem was. We had to tell him everything again. He said well his supervisor was right, the tickets were cancelled.

We had to pay to come back to Los Angeles, $602.00. We never made it to Guatemala. My poor parents and family were devastated when we called them and gave them the bad news. On top of that one of my suit cases went to Guatemala, another problem. My wife had to send a copy of her passport to luggage dept. in Guatemala, so that they can picked up that bag. Very inconvenient.

If agent from contracted companies with Aeromexico are not authorized to provide discounts, your company has the responsibility to disapprove tickets prior to any initiation of a flight, and not during a connecting contracted flight, which amount to extortion. We feel we should be reimbursed the full amount paid of $1012.47, plus the loss of expenses on gifts for 400.00 the total of $ 1,412.47. We are not including expenses of our emotional, distress, and disturbing occurrence. This was our 30 hour nightmare. For all of you reading these stories, please do something about it, these abuse has to stop. Someone has to do something. Please HELP!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2017

I bought 2 tickets on September 30th, 2016 to go to Guatemala. These tickets were offered and sold to me through an employee, (employee discount?). My credit card was charged on October 03, 2016. These trip was scheduled for December 19th, and coming back on December 27. We did leave LAX to Mexico on 12/19/16, arrived to Mexico on the 19th at 7:00 A.M. We had to wait 8 hrs to take the next flight to Guatemala City. Right when we got to the gate to board the plane, one of the agents from Aeromexico (**) called us to the Aeromexico Desk. When we got there he said that his company had reviewed the price we paid and they had cancelled our trip?? What a heck.

I told him that he was lying, Aeromexico took the money from my bank, Wells Fargo, and that if they cancelled the trip I was never notified nor my husband. He said "well! It is cancelled." And to continue our trip we had to pay $3800.00 dollars. Out of his mind we said, we begged to him to let us go to our country because it was not our fault that the tickets were sold to us at that price, and he had to honor the price $352.00. He said nope, we had to pay $3800.00. We said we don't have that kind of money. He said even if we paid, the next flight didn't leave until December 21st. We ask him then to send us back to Los Angeles. He said yes but we have to pay. Mr. ** was sarcastic, rude, unprofessional, and careless. Never again Aeromexico, never again Mexico.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

What an awful company to be dealing with. They lost my luggage and the person that I am still dealing with said that they have 21 days to find my suitcases. REALLY? When they said they had to leave some luggage behind they said they would only get suitcases for people that would stay in Mexico City not the people with connections to other countries. What a shame of company. Now I am still waiting and there is nothing I can do for the meantime. The service and the people that work for this airline are so rude. Never using this airline ever in my life. What a frustrating time.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

We upgraded our seats to premier with promises to be the first ones to get in the plane, first ones to get out, and first ones to get our luggage. After paying the $270 for the upgrade, we got nothing in return. We had to get in the long lines with our young daughter and wait and wait and wait for our luggage to come you. Aeromexico totally stole our $270.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

I recently booked a flight Aeromexico 193 on Nov 23rd at 11:42pm. Confirmation # **. I arrived to the Tijuana airport with plenty of time, checked my bag, got my boarding ticket, went through security and checked on my gate which no one was boarding at yet. My friend and I went to the bathroom and to grab some food and snacks. We arrived back at our gate with 23 minutes until take off at 11:19pm. However, the woman at the gate had already shut the gate and given the order to remove our bags from the plane. IT WAS 23 MINUTES BEFORE TAKE OFF!! Her name was Violette **. She was extremely rude and clearly incompetent because the fare rules for Aeromexico clearly state that you need to be at the gate 15 minutes before takeoff. We still had almost 10 minutes to spare. She refused to let us on even though it took more time to get our bags off than it would to just let us on the plane.

We could literally see the plane and could have easily still boarded had she been a reasonable person. That was the last flight leaving that night. We had to rebook for 7am and sleep in the airport. This was such a horrible experience with Aeromexico. Rebooking for 7am also cost us an additional $180. We had to pay this charge for a flight that we should have not missed which is extremely frustrating. I should receive a refund for my flight and the woman at the gate was named Violette ** and works at the Tijuana Airport. Also the response I got from Aeromexico that she had marked us tardy is not acceptable. I'd like to see the security camera footage for that night at that gate. That would be clear proof that we were not tardy.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

My mother, who is a senior citizen, was traveling from Mexico City to Toronto. She unfortunately lost her mexican immigration slip, which can be easily obtain by any Aeromexico agents at the airport counter, and the airline agents didn't let her board the plane and kept sending her to different offices where no one offered any answers or help and due to all this she lost her plane back home. Right after that they asked her to purchase a new ticket for over $500. Once she paid for a new ticket, she saw clearly how it was so easy for the airline agents to provide anyone with that slip and even help people fill it up. It was extremely frustrating for her and due to the lack of customer service, courtesy and information from the airline she lost her flight and had to purchase a new ticket. We will never use this airline again.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

I purchased tickets on Oct 4th from a trip to Merida. Leaving out of Qro through Mexico City to Merida. The tickets were charged to my Chase Visa card and I received an email confirmation from the airline. I checked my account and the charge was made. Confirmation number: **. A week before that flight I called to have seats assigned. I was told that it would be a $ 50 dollar charge per passenger per leg to have seats assigned. I decided to wait until 24 hours before to have seats assigned. I called 24 hours before the flight on Nov 22nd and was told that my flight had been cancelled. I was told I had to purchase new tickets. The agent told me that I must have used a US credit card. She said US credit cards cannot be used to pay for something in Mexican pesos.

I purchased new tickets. Confirmation number: **. An hour later I received an email from Aero Mexico asking me to Web Check-In for my flight the next morning. I called and was sent to the US to speak with someone in English. He said he though my flights still existed but since I purchased it in Mexico I should talk with someone in Mexico. He sent me to a woman who said that my flight was still active but that I had to pay for it when I reached the gate. I asked her to confirm this because I would then cancel the new tickets I had just purchased. She said that it was risky to do so but if I wanted to she would refund them. The new flights were to leave at 9am and the original flight at 1:53pm. It did not make sense to keep both tickets so they were cancelled.

When we arrived early for our flight we were told there was a 1 hour delay which meant we would miss our flight to Merida. This meant staying in Mexico City for the night. The cost for the new tickets we were told was double the original cost because there were only seats in Business Class. I argued and finally they agreed to keep the same cost. We had to pay for the hotel. There was no offer to assist even though the delayed flight was the airline's responsibility. We made it to Merida after 20 plus hours of flying very frustrated and tired. We are traveling with my in-laws who are nearly 80 years of age.

On the 25th of November I receive an email suggesting I can assign seats and upgrade to first class for 600 pesos. On Saturday the 26th of November I called to have seats assigned for our return flight. I was hoping for the upgrade seats. I was told that there was no reservation for three of the guest. There was only one reservation under Confirmation code ** for Howard **. The other passengers had no tickets. I hurriedly looked through my email and found a new reservation for three of us Confirmation code **. The agent had no idea why the reservation had been split. I was told they could not assign seats unless I paid $ 26 dollars per seat per leg and that first class had been sold out.

When I began this process with Aeromexico I was told that there was no charge for seats assigned within 24 hours of departure. Each and every call with the airline took nearly an hour. The day before our outbound flight I was on the phone for 3 hours. This is one of the worst flight experiences I’ve had. We will go to the airport this morning with no seats and hope to make it home.

Aeromexico Company Information