Our promise. We provide a buying advantage with verified reviews and unbiased editorial research.
ConsumerAffairs has collected 404 reviews and 500 ratings.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,309,121 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
Reviewed Sept. 7, 2023
DO NOT FLY AEROMEXICO! Both our flights were delayed. The outgoing flight to CDMX made us sitting on a hot runway for more than two hours. The delay on the way back to the US made us miss our connecting flight to our home destination. We needed to cover a hotel room on our own. When asked for a clarification and compensation, the company flat out denies any responsibility. Don't book with Aeromexico if you can avoid it... They can't get you there on time and have awful customer service.
Reviewed July 23, 2023
I bought a trip GDL - Mexico City flight 494 - SEA with a connection to Mexico City. And when we got to the connecting airport the plane was already gone 30 minutes before the time it was supposed to depart (we only knew this three minutes after the supposed time the plane will take off when we check it on the internet). And even though they were the ones who made the flight connection changes without notify us they did not want to give us the tickets, hotel, transportation and meals that are supposed to be cover by airlines when they make this kind of changes. After 3 hours we finally got the hotel and meals but only because we insisted during the 3 hours following through the different desks they went.
Thanks for subscribing.
You have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Reviewed May 25, 2023
We had a multi city booking through Expedia to travel in Aeromexico. We had to change one of our travelers tickets, when we called them they didn't offer a penalty fee, didn't say because we booked through Expedia we need to call them, they sold us a whole other ticket for $700. We've now been back and forth with their customer service, Expedia and the insurance we purchased and no one can help us? Everyone keeps passing the blame around and no accountability. Not to mention their customer service in general on the phone or at the airport is garbage. Not only have they haven't given us any type of partial refund, but they did sell the seat to someone else which they have denied. Yet, the seat was taken on our flight back. So no refund, they charged my mother a full ticket and sold her seats.
Reviewed May 16, 2023
I booked this airline to fly to MEX from LAX airport. I arrived at the airport over 2 hours before my scheduled international flight. However the flight was listed as departing from Tom Brady International Terminal. When I got to the international terminal, I was then informed that the check-in terminal was changed to terminal 3, and the check in would be through Delta Airlines. I then had to travel to this different terminal. I attempted to verify my passport using 3 different machines, but it could not verify and asked me to see an agent. I then got in line to speak with an agent, however because of staff shortages there was only 1 agent working and I was in line an hour and a half attempting to get my passport verified. I missed my flight because of these issues.
I was told by a Delta representative to call AeroMexico since Delta was not able to rebook me. I called the AeroMexico number, spoke with an agent, who said because I missed this flight, the whole reservation was canceled and I had to pay $332 in change fees to rebook both my outgoing and return flights under a new reservation code. The flight agent noted in the system that "it was not the customer's fault, she missed the flight due to no available agents to verify passport". However AeroMexico refused to provide a refund of extra charges. This is absolutely unfair to the customer.
Reviewed April 6, 2023
I paid for an upgrade to business class seats for myself and my wife, for flight AM 0664 Mexico City to San Francisco 2/23/23; my credit card was charged for the upgrade ($463.80); emails confirmed the upgrade, but upon presentation at the gate 35 minutes before the flight was scheduled to depart, we were informed that our seats were not available and we flew economy class home. I requested verbally an immediate refund and was promised one by AM. I followed that up with a written claim for a refund dated 2/27/23 which provided all documentation of the payments and failure to provide upgraded seats.
AM has acknowledged the failure to refund but will not commit to a fixed date for a refund. I asked for resolution to this by 3/23/23 but that did not occur. I called AM multiple times and the last time, I was promised a response within 72 hours. Still nothing. I have now complained to the DOT Customer Protection agency. My advice to anyone reading this is do not fly Aeromexico.
Reviewed April 4, 2023
1. A week before I left on my trip, AeroMexico cancelled the return flight. I was booked for a 6:31 am departure flight instead of 1pm flight which would have allowed to leave that morning instead of two days earlier, thus making me miss a day and a half of my visit with my daughter. 2. On the day of departure, my flight was delayed an hour and a half, causing me to miss my connecting flight in Mexico City. 3. The hot 'meal' announced was served in the middle of the night, a long time after our departure.
4. My requested vegetarian meal consisted of a bun (the 'hot meal') in which I found a slice of ham.The flight attendants did not go by the travellers after the meal was served to offer more water or other drinks. 5. I had to wait fourteen hours instead of the twelve announced, as that second flight was delayed in its turn. 6. No voucher was offered for a meal or two during that long day (7:50 am to 9:30 PM). 7. The second connecting flight was delayed like the first one (1 hour and 20 minutes announced, 1 hour and 40 minutes in fact), causing me to miss my booked shuttle trip to my final destination five hours away from the airport. Instead of arriving at my daughter's place on March 31 in the early evening, I had to be rebooked for the shuttle, to arrive at noon on the 1st of April. Thus another night and a half day missed with my daughter. I had to wait 5 hours in a Denny's close to the airport and spend more money for a meal there.
8. A lot of disorganisation was revealed when the fist departure gate we were sent to turned out to be the wrong one and we had to troop to another gate half the long airport away. 9. The announced 'snack' was a tiny package (15 grams) of peanuts with 3 or 4 tiny pumkin seeds and three raisins. Tough luck if peanuts do not agree with you. The flight attendant wheeling the coffee cart did not bother to ask if I wanted any and just passed me by. 10. A few hours before this second flight departure, AeroMexico asked me in an email if I wanted to upgrade for $25 to get a row all to myself. When a airline company inconveniences its customers, the standard practice is usually to offer some compensation gratis. 11. In total, 48 hours of travel without rest instead of the planned 30. Feet and ankles badly swollen.12. I knew it was hell when I saw the temperature announced for San Jose to be 68 degrees Celsius or 156 degrees Farenheit (on the screen facing passengers in their seats). 13. To confirm the first flight and to access the company's phone number to speak with agents, a window pops up on the screen asking to accept cookies or to configurate. Whatever option you choose, the window stays on the AM screen and you have no access to AM's reps.
Resolutions: 14. I have plans to visit more often my daughter. I definitely won't use AeroMexixo from now on. 15. My grandson also has plans to visit Costa Rica in the fall. He will use other airlines than AeroManana. 16. I know quite a few people who travel abroad (friends and students). I'll be sure to tell them about the bad service of AeroManana.
Reviewed March 29, 2023
In December of 2022 my partner and I were offered an upgrade to Business class from Aeromexico on a return flight from Mexico City to Puerto Vallarta. The email sent by Aeromexico showed to wide Business Class seats and explained other benefits. Since we were on Christmas holiday I thought it would be great to end our holiday by flying Business Class back to Puerto Vallarta. So I paid $200 to be upgraded to Business.
When we boarded the plane in Mexico City we noted that the plane had no Business Class as shown in the email from Aeromexico. The plane was a narrow body plane and rows 1-4 simply had a tray in the middle seat. No wide body deluxe seat as shown in the picture, no curtain or wall separating Business from economy, We were seated in row 4 with row 5 behind us economy. The plane was only about 2/3 filled and basically everyone in economy were 2 people in a row of 3 seats. There was no difference for the upgrade of $200 except that we received 2 bags of peanuts rather than 1 bag and we had a plastic tray covering the middle seat.
I have emailed Aeromexico 6 times since December and used the information on their website to fill out the correct complaint. I have called them 6 times as well and talked to representatives. The calls always end in, "We are working on your case and we will contact you in 3 or 4 days." It is now March 29, 2023 and I have not received a call back or email from Aeromexico have numerous contact from me. I am requesting a refund of the $200 since they greatly misrepresented the product.
Reviewed March 27, 2023
After a more than 6 hours of delaying and not clearly communicating, they cancelled our flight to Miami close to midnight. If they knew the crew was never going to show up, why making us waste so much time? Service Recovery was a joke. They gave us vouchers and phone numbers no one was willing to accept (like giving us Monopoly money). In other airlines they solve the problem by giving you an actual key to a hotel room. Additionally, if you try their call center or chat is just a loss of time. The Chat had 25 customers on line and after 10 minutes the queue was down to 22 people. Obviously I decided to hang up. Customer loyalty doesn't last forever. We have options and I have chosen to never fly with AMX. What a shame!
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2023
I’ve had two flights with Aeromexico and both times: Despite being told I would receive wheelchair assistance: none was provided. Nor was any accessibility assistance provided unless I went over their head and contacted the airport or the other airline I was flying with. On this last flight, my hip partially dislocated due to all the strain of managing things myself — something that I was trying to avoid. I’ve encountered issues before as someone who only needs mobility assistance in certain circumstances, but I have never encountered this level of ableism or neglect while flying.
Flights were delayed by more than an hour. On the return flight this resulted in me and my companion missing two connections and having to travel an extended route to return home. Despite requests when booking, checking in, and at the counter, they were “unable” to seat me next to my travel companion even when we had more expensive seats and were willing to downgrade.
Customer service hung up on me twice and chats failed for hours until I was finally directed to someone who instantly disconnected when I informed them of the gravity of the situation. They have refused to talk to me on both Facebook messenger or WhatsApp (they use both services for chat messaging) and their phone lines either don’t answer or I get hung up on. At the time of writing this, I am in the air, and in absolute agony on a ton of medication, on my second leg (entirely detoured) of my flight home with an urgent orthopedic and physical therapy appointment scheduled tomorrow if I can actually get home. If you have any kind of disability or impairment, please avoid this airline at all costs.
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2023
My flight was from Cancun to Mexico city on Feb 12 at 2:30pm local time. Flight number 529. Agent refuses to let me in claiming boarding is over, I see people standing behind him waiting in line on the bridge to the airplane. What an absolute piece of shit Mexican, he went over to joke about it with his coworkers too. I booked the United airlines flight and flew while being treated as human. He cost me money and time, I'm never traveling Mexican airlines in general again.
Aeromexico Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.