2. Travel

Aeromexico Reviews

3.3/5 (232 ratings)

About Aeromexico Reviews

Aeromexico Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeromexico?

Original review: July 17, 2021

Someone should shut this company for its HORRIBLE customer service, Had a ticket but Aeromexico. Decided to cancel flight and rebooked me on another flight which will not work. Just want to know my options for refund, credit, anything... Called 800 number and after selecting "1" for English I chose the "refund" option. All the instructions are in Spanish. Not helpful. I then tried the chat section on Facebook. Gave them all the information and ticket number, etc. and after 5 minutes, they said I have to dial the 800 number and disconnected the chat session. I redid the chat session and started out with the fact that I cannot understand the instructions on the 800 number as they are in Spanish! Explained my problem again and after 7 minutes was told to call 800 number and again disconnected from chat. WORST customer service ever!

Original review: June 26, 2021

Aeromexico is terrible to work with! Do not fly with them if you can avoid it at all costs! We had booked a flight over a year ago, and we were supposed to travel back in August of 2020. I had a medical condition come up, and I was advised by my doctor not to travel. With covid, and my doctors guidance, I requested my flight to be cancelled and refunded. When I booked this flight, I was told that it was 100% refundable. Here we are nearly a year later and Aeromexico won't do a single thing for us! We have had the runaround and been told that we would receive a refund on several occasions, but still have not received anything. These guys are scam artists, and will find a way to take your money! Do not fly with Aeromexico!

Original review: May 18, 2021

The customer service with this company is non-existent. You literally cannot talk to a customer service rep on the phone period. If you don't believe me just try. Then go online and find their customer service emails. 1/2 of them don't work! Please read all the reviews before using this airline. WARNING- Do not miss a connecting flight. They made me by a new ticket to my connecting flight and that cancelled ALL MY RETURN FLIGHT TICKETS!!!! 4 hours on the phone being hung up on 5 times finally on the 10th call I found someone to could help me and after being told multiple times I was going to have to buy a return ticket for around $ 2,000.00. Please save yourself a headache and find a different airline.

Original review: May 18, 2021

My April 2020 flight was cancel due to the pandemic and when I called to request a refund they said my only option was a voucher good for one year. Hoping to not lose my money I booked for December hoping for the pandemic to settle down but things got worst and my doctor gave me a letter advising me not to travel due to my medical condition, I send it to the airline again requesting a refund but no luck for the second time. The only option they gave me was a voucher. Every time I call they charge me some fees and I have spend $1895.27 total but somehow the vouchers they gave me are only $1315.83. Where is the rest of my money?

I send them an email two weeks ago requesting clarification on my $579.44 and requesting all my money back but not one has reply to my email. I called them and after being on the phone for over two hours waiting for a representative the only answer I got was I needed to wait for customer support to reply to my email and it was going to take up to 7 days, and they cannot help me by phone. It has been two weeks and no reply yet. I thought Volaris was the worst but No. When they cancel my husband's flight all we had to do was go into their website, give one click and money was back into our credit card within 2 days. Aeromexico is stealing money left and right.

Original review: May 3, 2021

I had booked an original flight from San Francisco, CA to Aguascalientes, Mexico. That flight was cancelled and I was rebooked onto a different flight. I had specifically booked an original overnight flight because of my work schedule and this new flight not only left in the middle of my work day but it also left me with over a 12 hour layover in Mexico City. The first time I called customer support to see if there were other flights that worked better with my schedule or if I could receive a voucher for a hotel stay in Mexico City. Unfortunately, neither of those options were provided through AeroMexico. After looking at the times available I called a second time and wanted to change my ticket to a different flight. After being on hold for over two hours I spoke to a representative for about 15 minutes only to have him rudely hang up the phone and not resolve anything.

After not resolving anything over the phone, I looked back through the emails I received when my flight was changed. I used the link to receive an electronic voucher. I understood that in receiving the electronic voucher the original flight would be cancelled. I proceeded with the steps and cancelled my flight to receive the voucher number. While still having that page open, I opened a new tab to buy a new ticket for my trip. I had chosen the new dates that worked with my schedule and I input all of my information.

Because I was able to log in with my Club Premier account all of my personal information was saved and when it came time to pay, I copied and pasted the voucher number from the previous tab I had open. It applied the amount of the original flight which was about $372 dollars. The remaining amount was to be about $48 to be charged onto my credit card. I remember specifically seeing the difference in what was the voucher and what was going to be used on my credit card. This was not the case and I came to find out on the next business morning that the WHOLE amount of the flight was charged on to my card.

Speaking through tears of frustration with a representative, he told me that the voucher had not been used. If I had not used the voucher then the link should work and I would be able to access the voucher through my Club Premier account. However the SAME link that I used to get the original voucher and cancel my ticket no longer works nor does my voucher appear anywhere in my account. I don't know what to do. To his credit, and probably because of my sobs, the representative was understanding but offered no solution other than emailing Customer Support. I did so but I don't expect to hear anything helpful from them. I plan on talking to Chase Sapphire Preferred Customer Service to see what they can do.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Aeromexico and Delta Airline: What a NIGHTMARE!!! So, we booked flights with them leaving April 16 2020 leaving Cleveland OH to Cozumel MX for 7 people. Due to Covide19 shutdown we were in lockdown and flights were cancelled. We called and was told our tickets would be extended for a year. I would have to book by April 30, 2021 and fly by Nov 30, 2021. I have been trying to get these tickets rebook for a couple of weeks. Yesterday I was transfer or put on hold five times and each time the calls were dropped and long wait times. What I did find out is they have no flight from Cleveland nor are they flying into Cozumel. They are only flying from Pittsburgh or Buffalo to Cancun MX.

What this means is we now have to drive to Pittsburgh or Buffalo then when we arrive in Cancun, we have to hire a van to transport us 1 hour to Playa del Carmen then again pay for a 1-hour ferry ride to Cozumel. Then repeat the process to get back. To top it off while we paid $431.33 for the original round trip tickets. Now that they are not offering the flight we paid for and we have to jump through hoops to get to our destination Aeromexico in partnership with Delta Airlines are changing us an additional $953.40. Wait. There is more! I had to book flights for two more people. That done I get the email with the ticket in Spanish that I can't read and they never sent the ticket for the 7 that we had to change. I was on the line this time for 3 hours and 38 minutes! Now I am trying to get though again to the 7 missing tickets. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!

Original review: April 1, 2021

I bought a ticket last year and they cancelled my flight. When I asked for my money back they told me they couldn't give me my money on my bank account and the only way I can ask for my money is with a voucher. Now when I call the company to get my money in my bank account they said they can not give me the money back if I have a voucher... I'm not planning to travel this year or next and I need my money back!!!! I feel very upset with the way they have handled this situation. I just want to get my money back because the company was the one who cancelled my trip. I sent an email asking for my money and they just sent me the voucher and now they said is not valid for ask for money.

Original review: March 15, 2021

Aeromexico customer service is horrible, about a year ago we purchase tickets and due to the pandemic our flight was cancelled, we received a voucher for a year and now that we are trying to book our new flight the airline is giving us hell. The system fail to take our vouchers and my credit card was charge for the full amount of the tickets, when I called they told me that the only thing they could do was give me a refund that would take 12 moths, so I would now have two vouchers and no flight reservation...yes that was their resolution. I would be out of pocket $2400.00 and still with no airplane tickets. What the hell are these people thinking. I am very frustrated and have no one that can help resolve the issue.

Original review: March 7, 2021

I feel the need to write this review because it is important that other people are not treated like I did, on this airline. I originally flew with this airline-AeroMexico about a year and half ago. At that time, I couldn't write a review because a family member was terribly ill. I bought the ticket thinking that this was one of the best airlines. I was so wrong. The food was okay and the WiFi was not a problem. The seats were the same like any other airlines I have flown with, before. However, the inhumane treatment that I received from the flight attendants was by far, the worst experience in my many years of flying.

My daughter who was 5 years old at the time needed to go to the bathroom, and so I told the flight attendant that she needed to go before she would pee in the plane. The flight attendant looked at me in the most evil way. It seemed as if she was possessed. I then asked another flight attendant and I had the same response. I told the lady -flight attendant again that my child needed to go to the restroom. This time she said, "You can not go anymore at this time. I am serving the food. You can take her when I finish serving everyone." I was disturbed by this because I would never imagine that someone would say no, knowing that a little child had to use the restroom. I waited like 40 minutes until my child was allowed to go to the restroom. And none of the attendants who I spoke to, told me that I can take her after such a long time. I had to figure this out on my own.

I WILL NEVER EVER FLY AGAIN THROUGH THIS AIRLINE. IT IS BY FAR THE WORST AIRLINE OUT THERE. AND EXPENSIVE TOO! I am writing this review to warn anyone who is planning a trip in the near future. If I can save someone from the frustration of experiencing something like this with their children, then I know that my review would have helped someone. It's not right to buy such an expensive ticket, and yet be treated like an animal. Please forgive me for the offensive words but that's how I felt on the that plane and I'm sure my child too. I felt powerless, knowing that my child needed to desperately use the bathroom, and not be able to.

Original review: March 7, 2021

Their customer service was horrible and unethical. I asked for assistance on a Spanish form that was required and I received a attitude from one of the workers. I didn't understand majority of the form and kept asking for help- He literally turned around and told me that it was very simple and easy to fill out he doesn't understand how come I can do it on my own (making it seem like I'm stupid). He just said to leave the form and leave.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

Their price it's high for the service they provide. Flight with someone else. Save money and save your self from dealing with thieves. I'll never use this thieves again. Look at all the reviews. People are right. I should’ve have listen.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

We were checking into our flight at the Miami airport and wow everyone WARNING!!! Be careful booking with Delta as they partner with other airlines and go by the other airlines' policies and regulations. I love Delta and always try to book with them but what is this sneaky “operated by Aeromexico”?? Wow I wish I KNEW! Look out for this because get ready to PAY UP! We booked the more expensive ticket with Delta knowing that we can pay $30 to check a surf bag, then we get to the airport and the woman at the check in reception (Teresa is her name) said the regular bag payment is insufficient and we need to pay $150 BECAUSE it’s operated by Aeromexico. Wow. I'm extremely disappointed and will be cautious about booking with Delta again after their awful collaboration with one of the worst and SCAMMING companies in the world- Aeromexico.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2021

Don't fly with Aeromexico. They have the worst customer service and they will SCAM YOU. I bought a fly from TIJUANA to GUADALAJARA but they didn't let me get in, because they totally ignored when I was registering my baggage and make me go again to the end of line and when it was my turn it was late already. I already contact customer service but they don't have a phone number. They will make you send a email but they will never contact you back. So please don't get scam. Get Volaris is cheaper and a super great service!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

In brief, they cancelled my flight and then gave me the run-around when I tried to get a refund. In July of 2020 I bought a round-trip ticket London-Cancun for a friend for travel in August. Three days later they cancelled their London-Mexico City flights for the entire month of August. I called to find an alternative, but they couldn't offer me anything, save for travel credit. When I said I wanted a refund, the agent said I'd have to write to a dedicated email address. The email was returned as undeliverable, so I opened a dispute through my credit card, figuring I'd get my money back that way. AeroMexico objected to the dispute, saying my fare was non-refundable; they said I had credit to use within a year, minus a $200 no-show fee. A no-show fee for a cancelled flight.

When I finally fixed the problem with their email address, they said that since I bought the ticket through a third party vendor (in this case Orbitz) I'd have to get the refund through them. Orbitz was helpful, but said they still had to go through AeroMexico for their approval before issuing a refund. Months went by, and all Orbitz could say was that the airlines are very slow these days and AeroMexico was not responding. So they have the manpower to object to my credit card dispute and keep my money, just not the manpower to approve my refund. I wrote to them several times about this discrepancy, but they never addressed that issue, just repeating I'd have to go through Orbitz.

Let me add, I tried to be understanding. I can see that the airlines are strapped. I said I would accept credit in place of a refund if I could change the name of the passenger (which the rules disallow; remember I got this for a friend) and if the credit were not time restricted (which so far as I can see just helps them out even more). They said they could not do that because their policies do not allow it. Of course, their policies are under their control. They could change their policy if they wanted to, or just make an exception. At this point, I'm looking to enter into a class-action lawsuit against them.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Pre-Covid I booked flights with Aeromexico. My flights were canceled due to Covid. They told me to use the vouchers before Feb 2021. I called to use them and could not find them. Yet they did charge my Bank Card. The Bank Card will not contest the charge because it's been too long and Aeromexico claims they cannot find my vouchers? How is it possible they can take my money, know my name in the system, and not find my vouchers? I have been patient and even kind in pursuing this, but I would never use this group to fly every again. In fact, I avoid them and encourage others to do so too.

V.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

This is the worst airline I ever dealt with! We are frequent travelers and got Covid refunds from British Airways as well as KLM. Aeromexico cancelled our flight due to Covid, now they want me to use the ticket while all essential travel has been suspended from Canada. No calls or Email contact with them were successful! STAY AWAY FROM THIS AIRLINE!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

I flew out of Mexico City. Most staff members didn’t speak English, and the ones I found that did where very rude to me inside the airport, I missed my flight. Trying to get directions to where to get a later flight was almost impossible because most staff didn’t speak English, flight change fee was almost $400. Very outrageous. Will not be flying Aeroméxico again!

Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

I was bought one ticket from this company, and for second time they cancel the flight, when I tell them give me back my money they, refused to give the money back instantly, and said I just have two option. A voucher to open the tickets or they give the money back after 12 months. I think this is incorrect because they will used my money to earn interest for a 12 months, after this they will Give me money back. They just want to keep the money from us. I now a lot people happen. I don't thinks I correct. Please don't buy anything in this company or minimum read the condition they put it.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

I have bought tickets in combination with KLM and Aeromexico, I paid directly to Aeromexico 600 EUR for upgrade of seats, because of Covid, there were some changes and I spend 8 hrs in the telephone and they didn't want me to allocate my seats in the new flight or give the money back.. Totally a rip off.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

I booked a trip prior to COVID19. Spent over $800.00. The company offered me a voucher which I agreed to. I then try to use the voucher to rebook my trip and the voucher covered the entire purchase excluding $13.10 so I paid the remaining balance out of pocket and I wake up days later to a ADDITIONAL $171.10 being charged to my account. I have contacted customer service via email, chat and phone. The phone representative was rude and only offered me ANOTHER FLIGHT VOUCHER or an open ticket. Save yourself the stress and book through another airline. Their policies are full of ridiculous additional fees for something is beyond your control. I now have to file a dispute with my bank to try to receive my money back.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

On Sept 21st I called the reservation department at 09:25 and asked if I can book online using my voucher. This was the Canadian number and I told him that I am in Canada. I phoned to inquire as I saw on your website that if you are in the USA or Mexico then you can book online with a voucher. I wanted to clarify. The agent told me he would check and asked me to hold while he did so. He came back about 10 min later and said that yes I could. He said that he had tried himself and also asked another employee and that it can be done. I asked how and he said go to book the flight I wanted then put in my CC number and then it would ask if I had a voucher and then I would need to add my information.

Later that afternoon (13:10) I did what he instructed me to put all the information in as well as my CC but did not see the place for the voucher. Thinking it must come up on the next page I click on make the reservation. To my shock it created a whole ticket without asking for a voucher. At 13:18 I called the same number as before and told a very nice lady what had happened and she said that she could not change it and that I could not get a reversal on my CC charge till July 2021. As you can imagine I was not happy to hear that as I phone right after what had happened.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and the nice lady said she would get one. I was on hold for quite some time (27 min). There was not music or anything else so I thought I had been disconnected so I hung up and phoned back again. My call was answered at 13:58 and I talked to a gentleman for 17 min and he kept saying that I clicked on the button and created the ticket. That a supervisor wouldn't do anything. He did not care how it happened and seemed bothered that I was talking to him.

I again phoned back at 14:36 and talked to another very nice lady in the cancellation department and she also said that I could not get a refund till July 2021. She was very sympathetic but said it was out of her hands to do a credit. We discussed what could be done and she went ahead and booked the ticket for me and used the voucher. Yup not money back till July 2021 I hope but I don't trust them. The worst airline I have ever dealt with.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

On November 12 because they change my flight I call customer service who hang up on me several times and after been on the phone for 3 hours rep Claudia ** told me that on my flight round trip from Mexicali to Villahermosa here is one ticket number **. I would be able to have any seat I wanted just for 15$ for all my family for all the flights but then she told me I would have to call later because her system was down. I call later again was hang up. Spend another 3 hours and they told me it was a lie and that they could not honor that. Rest assure I will never flight again with a company that lies and hangs up on people.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I am writing to alert people to the Aeromexico refund policy. I had booked a ticket in July and called to cancel the booking well before the flight departed. When I spoke to the agent they explained that it could take up to a year to have the refund applied back to my credit card. I called back a few days later and spoke to a supervisor who told me I could expect to receive my refund within 2 months.

Fast forward 2 months and counting I have yet to receive my refund. I called again this evening and asked to speak to a supervisor after being cut off previously by a rude agent who continuously spoke over me, before allowing me to tell him why I was calling. I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor and waited on hold for 1 hour and 13 minutes before I was cut off again. Still going today November 12th 2020 an operator VICTOR RUDELY CUT THE PHONE CALL.

Canadians dont purchase any flight with this company. It's a total scam through the refund and 100% horrible with customer services beside not been able to get hold of anyone.

Only person with knowledge and outstanding customers service. It’s an operator with the name of Cesar **. Related to my experience with AEROMEXICO Refund I was calling regarding a refund that I was expecting to be applied back to my account. While speaking with the agent he kept referring to my payment on my account. Your agent hung up the phone on me and refused to allow me to finish asking my question and or explain why I was calling. He continued to talk over me and continuously talked about how I had neglected to make my payments on time. My request has nothing to do with my credit card payments.

When I called to cancel the ticket, I was told the process would take 2 months. It has been more than 2 months to receive the refund back to my credit card. No refund has been applied to my card. Are you going to be paying me interest for the delay? I will be taking this to the Canadian news and make people aware that this is a scam. You were happy to take my money to book the ticket yet expect me to wait up to a year for a refund meanwhile I’m getting charged interest for my purchases on a monthly basis. Yet, providing me with an email for your customer service rather than have a supervisor take my call?? this is an EXTREMELY poor customer service for a LARGE AIRLINE COMPANY.

Having me wait on hold for several minutes and check-in from time to time as you believe most people will hang up and say forget it just proves your customer service is extremely poor and neglectful. I have been waiting to speak to a supervisor for 1 hr and 13 minutes, (AT WHICH POINT THEY CUT ME OFF) once again, and I have proof to provide to the news STILL WAITING. I would like Aeromexico to explain publicly why, under what law/regulation they are entitled to hold a refund UP TO A YEAR without refunding credit cards along with interest back to customers. All this will be going to CBC NEW, CTV, GLOBAL & Better Business Bureau.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I had scheduled a flight for 9/7/2020 from San Antonio International Airport to Mexico City to visit my mother who has recently been experiencing respiratory and other health issues, and because of the current pandemic, it had been more than ten months since I had had an opportunity to see her. On my way to the airport that day (from more than two hours away), the right-rear tire air pressure kept dropping, which forced my driver and I to have to stop at a gas station three times to refill it with air, causing me to arrive at 12:32 PM, for my 1:30 PM flight (58 minutes before). I ran to the Aeromexico counter, passport in hand, only a small carry-on bag, with the hopes that they would override their usual policy of closing the flight one hour before departure and let me on that plane. The lady at the counter quickly turned me down, saying that I had interrupted her and was being rude, and would not even consider helping me or calling for anyone to make the smallest attempt at helping me.

When the supervisor finally came (a man named Orlando), he also dismissed me very quickly saying that the system has already been closed and there was no way for him to help me. I broke down crying and asked him when the next flight was and if he could help put me on it. He again dismissed me without eye contact and told me to call their 1-800 number. Never in a lifetime of travelling with Aeromexico continuously had I experienced such an inhumane treatment from the Aeromexico staff.

I spent the next three hours listening to their incessant recording in Spanish about how great a company they are while I waited for an agent to help me get on the next flight. When I finally got through to an agent, she told me that because I had been late, that I would need to re book another flight. By this point I was shocked with their complete lack of human emotion and the way they would quickly disregard any idea of helping me out. In my opinion, and especially because of the pandemic we are experiencing, this is the time when an airline like that should be the most sensitive and protect their costumers from excessive fees and irrational charges. AEROMEXICO: How do you propose to help make this situation better for me? Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,

Sebastian

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

Purchased a flight on December 2019 for March 2020, they cancelled due the pandemic, I rescheduled for June 2020 and again cancelled, due the closing borders and risk of contagious. I requested a refund, they denied multiple times, but I insisted, finally they agreed, but I have to wait 12 month to get my money back, that is absurd, local authorities won't want to help the customers complaints of refund, their policy is not flexible. Is a scam.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I purchased my tickets to Guatemala that came out to almost $2400 in total earlier this year. I receive notification that my flight was cancelled. I emailed several letters, called several times, and was told I would only be given a voucher to be used by April 30, 2020. I don't anticipate wanting to use a voucher in a short period of time given the circumstances we are in. Guatemala's borders aren't even open still. As stated by many here this country doesn't care about its customers' financial and physical well-being. They should at least extend the voucher for another two years and not one. Two of our passengers are elderly and to force them to expose themselves or lose money this way is unethical. One other passenger has autoimmune disorder issues, as well. We wish we would have known these would be the practices and instead had gone through our banks.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I purchased a round trip ticket to Puerto Vallarta for July 23-26. I received an email 3 weeks later saying my flight has been changed to July 22-27 due to COVID. I booked my flight during the COVID period. I can not take these new reassigned flights and Aeromexico will not refund my money.

Original review: June 3, 2020

My family and I booked our flight tickets for Mexico in March and we were looking forward to our vacation in July. Unfortunately due to the COVID outbreak we were starting to reconsider the trip and called customer service to inquire about our options. We contacted Aeroméxico in March to request a refund (over $3,000CAD). We were directed not to be haste and to hold on for a while longer, until we were closer to the departure date. In May we called again Aeroméxico, requesting a refund for the 4 round flight tickets and we were informed, that unfortunately that would not be possible. The gentleman was very courteous, acknowledged our feelings and explained their policies regarding a refund. He then proceeded to inform us that Aeroméxico would, however, allow us to reissue the tickets for a later date; however, the flights would have to be rescheduled for a date no later than April 30th, 2020.

At that point I e-mailed several letters to Aeroméxico Customer Service department and requested them to please extend the vouchers deadline (provided them with a time frame that would work for us) and explained valid reasons why we would not be able to travel within the time frame given. We also stated the reasons why we would not be able to travel this July. In my letter I also mentioned that I have been a frequent customer and I have always enjoyed traveling with their airline and would like to continue to be a loyal customer. (We love Mexico and we love to travel there.)

At the end, they stated that they appreciated our patience in resolving the matter and have extended our voucher's validity to our satisfaction. Would we have like a refund? Yes, of course! However, we tend to forget that everyone has been affected by the COVID pandemic, even big corporations have lost and are continuing to lose billions of dollars due to this unprecedented situation. All of us need to be united, be understanding and try to find a compromise in which both parties will be pleased with the outcome. When filing a complaint, my advice is the following: Write a tactful and well written letter, state how you would like to resolve the matter, try to compromise and be persistent. Good luck to all of you!

Original review: May 26, 2020

I feel robbed with this airline. I had a trip to Cuba with Delta that was cancelled amid COVID. I requested my refund without any problem. I have friends that were traveling with Iberia, Airways and British. They are receiving their money back. However, when I tried to get my money back from a cancelled flight amid Covid, it was horrible.

To begin, I would like to say it was very hard to get someone. I tried all the numbers, the chat, no emails, messenger with a robot. Days of trying and waiting. I want to clarify that I understand this time that we are living, but in my opinion this was extreme. After exhaustion I finally was able to chat with someone. I wanted to change my flight to September. They wanted to charge me like $80 more per ticket and we are for 4. Just to change what was cancelled. For every written response I had to wait 5 minutes. It was not fluid. If you like it or not that's it. Pay more or lose it. Refund is not an option. The guy was telling me it was not their fault. It's not one's fault. You just suppose to take care of your clients. Lesson learned, do not flight AEROMEXICO.

Original review: May 17, 2020

I purchased 4 round-trip tickets for my family to Mexico City, at a cost of over $1,600. The flights were cancelled due to covid. My experience dealing with this company was awful and I believe they are violating laws. I am filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I STRONGLY suggest that others do the same.

First - the information in the cancellation email is confusing. It said my tickets were changed to "open tickets" and does not give details. Then it says I need to fill out a form. It gives a number for customer service, in case you have questions. Contacting customer service, the automated system hangs up on you for almost every option. I found one option that didn't hang up on me (for flights in the next 72 hours), I waited over an hour to talk to someone. I asked them about the "open ticket" that they were giving me (according to the email I received). They said I need to use it by February 9, 2021 (I purchased them on Feb. 11, 2020). But my flight was for June 10-19, 2020.

I don't want to take my kids out of school to see their family in Mexico. If I have to use an open ticket, it should at least be 12 months after the DATE OF SERVICE - not the date of purchase. If they decide to cancel a flight, they should be issuing refunds. Not trying to screw customers out of their tickets. I'm worried this company may not even last until February 2021. Get your BBB complaint in ASAP. This one needs some legal intervention as soon as possible.

Aeromexico Company Information