4.54/5
Based on 1,598 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than 100 years, Allianz has been providing security and assurance to people around the world. Whether you’ve lost luggage on a trip, your roof was damaged in a storm, you lost your job or would like to retire, Allianz has your back.

Allianz Global Assistance Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 20, 2018

2999 Allianz Global Assistance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 20, 2018

I have an annual policy with Allianz, and before that was using it for individual trips. I've had 2 occasions to use the policy, and each time the process has been easy and professional, with minimal paperwork, which made the experience a very positive one. Thank you Allianz!

Get expert buying tips about Travel Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 20, 2018

My Travel Interruption claim was denied. Travel delay claim was paid at $300 at $150pp. On 3/20/2018 we spoke with Allianz by phone & was told that trip delay paid $150/day/pp. Check the recording from the call on that date. We spoke with the rep as soon as our first cancellation occurred. As well our travel interruption was claim was declined after being told by Henry by phone on April 5 that we qualified. There was a flight leaving on 3/21 but we were unable to book the flight after a late cancellation of our flight on 3/21. This insurance is deceptive. I am an Interval International member and my goal is to ensure Interval no longer uses Allianz to ensure their members' travel.

Original review: April 20, 2018

We really appreciate having this option when we plan to fly. You never know what can or will happen unexpectedly❗️ Had to get refunded once, all went smoothly. Some paperwork to get it all coordinated But was very satisfied.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I had never used trip insurance before. I bought it for a trip to California that my wife and I were taking after she had a knee replaced just in case she had something happen after surgery. Of course that's just what happened and we had to cancel. Allianz was very helpful, provided all the necessary forms. My claim was submitted with everything they asked for and I received a prompt and accurate reimbursement.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I would like to personally thank the staff at Allianz for issuing me a refund check for a recent travel delay. Due to the nature of the incident, I was unsure they would even reimburse me. They did, and they did it with no questions asked. True professionalism. Thank you so much Allianz.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allianz Global Assistance?

Original review: April 20, 2018

Allianz promptly refunded our plane tickets based on a medical event. We have used Allianz twice and will again for our next trip. List of required documentation was clear and accurate. We highly recommend buying travel insurance and recommend Allianz.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Due to a medical emergency, we were unable to go on our trip. Allianz required a few documents to verify, but did a great job on issuing our check quickly and with no hassles. We would use them again and recommend this service to everyone who travels for peace of mind.

Original review: April 20, 2018

We had a very good experience. It was under stress that we needed to cancel and it ran smoothly as well as the help from our travel agent. Would gladly recommend to friends and was worth the investment for peace of mind.

Original review: April 20, 2018

When we got back from traveling in Thailand I went down to AAA and the agent that set us up with your company took my info on my hospital stay in Thailand and faxed it to your office. We received our refund at around three weeks.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Went to Mayo for medical care but because I was on antibiotics for another condition, they shortened my trip and asked me to come back in one month. So I had to go home early. Initially, Allianz was not going to cover it, but because it was an early cancellation or trip interruption for a different medical reason, they covered my ticket change. Was happy they changed their mind. Had used them before going to Europe and they were good when I needed emergency care.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I have had positive experiences with Allianz. Unexpected injuries forced me to cancel my travel plans. They were efficient and professional in helping to obtain the return my tour deposit and the cost of airline fares. If you travel several times a year I feel that this annual insurance fee is well worth the expense.

Original review: April 20, 2018

I had a little trouble getting through on the website but understood that the weather across the country was bad for many. Once I got throughout the process was easy to go through. We received the reimbursement in a timely manner. I was very pleased with the service and would purchase it again.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Due to new knee pain and crutches had to cancel trip to Cabo. Once documents got sent the check came to us. We always get trip insurance these days. Appreciate the timely turnaround. Recommend this company. Thanks for the help.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I was so glad I purchased flight insurance when we found ourselves forced to cancel a trip. I was a little skeptical that the insurance would actually pay, but was pleasantly surprised that they were friendly and very responsive, and they did indeed readily reimburse us. I will definitely insure all future trips!

Original review: April 19, 2018

I had an emergency with my daughter (she ended up in ICU) and was unable to make my scheduled flight home so that I could be with her. I called and received the information on what I needed to do to file a claim. The process was fairly easy and I was refunded in a timely manner after providing the documents that they needed. Thanks to them I was able to have the funds to return again to see my daughter. Thank You for your help during this difficult time.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Had to cancel trip due to husband's illness. Allianz was outstanding handling my claim. They are experienced, their personnel knowledgeable, and they are wonderful to work with. The claim was handled very professionally and the refund arrived quickly. I would say they are THE BEST.

Original review: April 19, 2018

My husband came down with pneumonia and was unable to go on a planned vacation. It was relatively easy to submit the information for the claim. Unfortunately miles were used on the return portion of the trip and the $150 fee to re-deposit the points was not included. Allianz did refund the full one way airfare.

Original review: April 19, 2018

After reserving my rental car on the Enterprise website, I was given an option of buying insurance through Allianz for $33. I hesitated, but clicked yes. During a long drive in the middle of the night through the Rocky Mountains, one of my dogs escaped from her crate and damaged the upholstery to the tune of about $1,200. Allianz settled the claim quickly and that one decision saved me A TON of money. Thank you!!

Original review: April 19, 2018

I rarely buy insurance for travel but I did for some reason and when my husband and I both got a horrible flu the day we were to leave, we filed a claim with doctor's note, etc. I expected a to have to fight for it, but we got recompensed without trouble - at least to the extent of the policy. Some things were not covered. So, yes, I recommend them!

Original review: April 19, 2018

Our Post-Christmas trip to Yellowstone with our son and his family had to be cancelled because of health issues. We were completely reimbursed for our plane tickets and hotel in the park. No hassles... no fuss... filled out forms online. Will use again for peace of mind.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Lost luggage. Your company was understanding and patient with our inquiries. Any questions the representative was helpful. The wait time to speak to a live representative was quick. We submitted our receipts and were paid quickly. Thank you for being there in such a stressful time.

Original review: April 19, 2018

My husband & I had travel plans & had taken out travel insurance for the first time ever... and we are so happy we did! He fell 30 feet from our gutters 7 days before we were to leave & experienced many complications. When I contacted the company to find out what to do, I was connected to a customer service rep who was kind & efficient & understanding. He walked me through the process, sent me the forms to fill out & submit & within several weeks we had gotten our full refund. I will ALWAYS get trip protection insurance from now on!! For the little extra it cost to get it, it was so worth doing! Thank you.

Original review: April 19, 2018

The agents I spoke with were very helpful. They helped me know what documents I needed to obtain before my trip and after I got home. With their help it was a very easy procedure. I could keep track online how my claim was doing.

Original review: April 19, 2018

While traveling in Costa Rica I suffered a minor injury to my leg. I went to a local clinic and paid for my care. Upon returning to the USA, I filed an online claim and provided copies of my receipts. Allianz was very quick with my reimbursement check.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Had an injury of a poisonous mosquito while out of country. Allianz Travel responded in good time my issue was resolved with a doctor visit to my hotel. My claim was review when submitted and I was refunded my out of pocket for the doctor services. I would absolute recommend this travel insurance to a friend as well as use it again myself.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I purchased the Classic Trip Plan for a recent cruise. On the ship, my nephew had an allergic reaction and needed to see the ship doctor. When I got home, I submitted the bill through the app and within 10 days I had received my reimbursement. The process was simple and quick. I would definitely purchase a policy for my next trip!

Original review: April 19, 2018

I obtained Travel Insurance Policy from Allianz and had to file a claim for trip interruption. The process for filing the claim was quite simple and was informed that it will take between 7 and 10 business days to process the claim. My experience was very positive and my claim was processed within 10 days business days. I have since informed my family, friends and colleagues about my positive experience with Allianz and my family and colleagues intend to use Allianz Travel Insurance for all their travel needs going forward. I give Allianz Grade "A+".

Original review: April 19, 2018

Have bought the insurance for years but in January had the first occasion to make a claim, as my husband had a stroke and was hospitalized the night before our trip to Hawaii. Ease of making the claim and speed with which it was paid was amazing. Very impressed. Will never fly again without Allianz insurance.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I had a minor health issue while traveling in New Zealand and found the representatives at Allianz to be very informative and helpful. Submitting online documentation was straightforward and lengthy, yet fairly easy to follow. Response time and resolution were reasonable.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Flight was cancelled due to illness. Working with customer service was very easy. I would highly recommend. I will buy each time I book a trip. If you are going to take to major trip where the weather could be a issue the insurance is a must.

Allianz Global Assistance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Allianz Global Assistance has a long history in the industry. They were the insurer on the Wright brothers' flight and on the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge.

• Instant online quoting: Plan a trip and get travel insurance, all in just a few minutes.

• Annual coverage available: Frequent travelers often find annual coverage more affordable.

• Tiered-coverage options: Get as much or as little coverage as you need with four different product tiers on single-trip service.

• See state options: Individual states have different regulations regarding travel insurance, so see what is available in your state, within moments.

• Kids ride free: Children under 17 are automatically included in the price with the Classic Plan or Classic Plan Trip+ tiers.

• Best for: Party animals, workaholics, adventurers and family trippers.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky