Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Clifford,

I am so glad you're claim was handled with great care and customer service. We hope your wife is doing well and if you need anything in the future, let us know!

Wishing you the best,

Help Team

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

Terry handled our claim. She was extremely caring and thoughtful. She followed up with us a couple of times to ensure all our problems were resolved. We appreciated her caring nature very much. There was a problem in our situation. When the accident occurred, the hospital would not accept my wife until we paid a Deposit. Getting a refund of this deposit from the hospital was proving to be a problem. Terry personally called the hospital and convinced them to refund our deposit. Thanks to Terry and Allianz.

Alaska is the only airline flying to EAT. There are 3 flights a day and the folks working EAT multi-task. I understand the concept of small town but it's my experience that these 3 flights going to EAT are never flexible; hence if you arrive in SEA late, you miss your flight... not only has this been my experience but baggage claim issues when flights are late. Hence Allianz is my 1st choice when booking a flight to EAT... as long as you keep your documentation Allianz has always been easy online to file and I am reimbursed in a timely manner. Thank you Allianz.

Allianz paid my claim. My only complaint is I thought I had sent all the necessary paperwork but was told I needed one other which I sent right. Was told 7-10 working days but because of the need for other doc it was closer to 20 days. Otherwise service was great, staff helpful.

I was in need of a refund for three flights because my daughter leave date was changed. I called to ask for assistance and informed them of my situation and told me it shouldn't be a problem if submit the paperwork. I submitted the claim with Allianz a few weeks after the trip and they refunded me without a question. Thank you Allianz. It was a pleasure not having to any aggravation like in other situations I have encountered.

We had purchased travel insurance when we went on 7 day cruise. My husband got sick and had to see the doctor. They gave him a thorough exam and gave him meds. Came home, turned in my claim and people were very nice. Within 4 weeks I received a check paying for the full amount that I paid to see the doctor. No problems at all. I sure am glad I took out insurance with Allianz Global Assistance. Simple and easy!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allianz Global Assistance?

I purchased this travel insurance as part of a flight I had planned with 3 other family members. Unfortunately, shortly after purchasing the airfare my Mom fell ill as was not able to fly. I was able to navigate the Allianz website to obtain the required documents to submit the claim. A phone call, that was answered quickly, confirmed the ease of which I was able to submit for all 4 of us. The claim was processed in a timely manner and made a most sad situation a little more bearable. My thanks.

Excellent service by Allianz Global Assistance. I have used Allianz Global Assistance for car rental insurance. When returning the car, Enterprise rental charged me for a scratch on one of the wheels over $500. Allianz Global Assistance handled this very quickly and refunded me in a very quick process. All my requests were handled in a very kind and timely manner.

Had to use Allianz's services while travelling abroad, when my wife had a medical emergency. She had to be hospitalize for a week. Allianz took care of all the expenses, helped her travel back to the US and proved to be responsive 24/7 when we had questions. They also did a great follow-up on her case.

Customer Service was very professional and responded in a short time. Within a week after sending in the documents they requested our refund checks were received in full. I will always recommend that travelers buy the insurance. This is the second time in years of traveling that I have had to file a claim because of illness. Although you need to pay all your expenses upfront I had no trouble getting reimbursed.

I have purchased Allianz travel insurance for several years. This year was the first time I needed to file a claim. I was amazed at the speed my claim was processed and paid. Within 10 days of submitting my claim I received full payment. I strongly recommend Allianz for travel insurance needs!

I had a very good experience with Allianz insurance. I was unable to travel due to being a caregiver for my travel companion who had just undergone serious cancer surgery. He was not able to take care of himself. The forms were easy to fill out and I received a refund.

This was a great value thru United. We were able to recover the return flight that was missed due to a medical issue. I would recommend this to all fliers. The uploading of the forms and medical review made the process very easy. Thank You for providing such excellent services.

My experience with Allianz Global was better than I expected. They handled my claim fast and efficiently and were very fair. I called and was told to file a claim, which I did and was contacted to provide supporting documents. Upon sending them I was notified my claim was under review. I soon received notification that a check would be mailed to me which I received promptly.

I haven't always purchased the extra travel insurance when traveling but when I did in my last flight and there were problems this policy came in handy. Very pleased with the service and attention given me. I would buy insurance again for peace of mind.

While on vacation in Hawaii, my return flight was cancelled due to mechanical issues. I had to stay another night and keep my car an additional day. Allianz was great in reimbursing me on the costs incurred through no fault of my own. I highly recommend their travel insurance policy!

We were fully reimbursed for food and additional clothing for an unexpected weather delay. Allianz was there when we needed it and thankful that we did not have to bear all financial responsibility. A tremendous service and would recommend for anyone who travels on the road.

Recently purchased a plan for myself and a friend for an upcoming trip to Hawaii. Due to potential health problems, my friend was told to cancel his trip by his doctor. Allianz refunded his flight expenses in a timely fashion and we are both please with their service. On the same trip other friends were delayed by weather and were forced to stay in a motel and rent a vehicle to get home after reaching the states. I know they were also happy with their purchase. I now purchase insurance more often than not anymore due to my age and weather issues. Considering the price, it's well worth it for most people on most trips.

I used to be hesitant before I ensure a trip, now I never think twice. Allianz has an excellent team, super responsive and professional, especially when you need them at the most difficult times of your trip. Thank you so much and keep up the great work!

Overall, I was pleased with Allianz Global Assistance USA. As with any long trip with different flights and hotels, there were a few snags, but they were remedied quickly to my satisfaction. Thank you for making our trip easy and enjoyable.

I was extremely pleased with the service I received with my claim. I needed to cancel my flight due to a very grave condition of a close family member and Allianz handled the claim without a problem. I received my check in a very short time and everything was handled in a very professional way. I would take this insurance again in the future.

My plane was delayed, and they did an amazing, fast job of paying on the policy! Thank you! I really appreciated how quickly the check came. It was within a few days of submitting my claim. And so easy! Much appreciated.

Hi Carlos,

I am sorry to hear of your frustrations. Please email me at Help.Team@allianzassistance.com if you would like to discuss this further.

Help Team

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

It's inconvenient to do business with this company. I travel quite often and have usually been accommodated by insurances to change my fly dates with no questions asked. I'm a Army veteran who is service-connected due to disabilities from combat. It's very unfortunate how Allianz Assistance travel insurance works when providing so-called assistance. I booked a flight and had to change dates due to last minute job emergency, and was told that basically I was out of options because they don't provide aid due to emergencies pertaining to employment scenarios. Beware consumers of this specific travel insurance agency.

Cannot cancel my trip. I booked air ticket through Priceline and purchased insurance through Allianz. Due to visa issues, I have to reschedule the trip. I filed the claims through https://www.etravelprotection.com/priceline but was never getting any reply back! I called Allianz's customer service and was told visa is not a valid reason to cancel trips. I had enough with this scam service!

I bought travel insurance to protect me from losing money due illness or events I have no control over. I've been told by a nurse what I have is viral and that I should not travel. On medicine I am coughing. Global will only cover it if I see a doctor. Says it on their form what my illness is. So basically I have to spend up to $1,000 to see a doctor when I know it's viral for a refund of $383! Do not buy insurance with this company. If I had known it's a requirement to have a doctor's note when you have something viral I would have never bought a policy. And from reading other reviews it sounds like it doesn't matter if you have a doctor's note! The first person I spoke with never told me it was mandatory to see a doctor. He just sent me a form. The process was not explained.

Hi Mark,

I am sorry about this situation. Please email me at Help.Team@allianzassistance.com if you would like to discuss this further.

Help Team

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

Had a major delay attempting to catch a cruise. Had Allianz trip insurance. Spent over $2100 catching up to the cruise after we missed its departure. Filed the claim which was rejected by Allianz. I provided every document required including explanation of delay from the airline. Allianz decided to hang their argument and rejection on a technicality. Piece of advice - don't waste your money on trip insurance with ALLIANZ. They won't honor their policy and you end up pouring good money after bad...

I booked a Christmas flight for our 85 yr. old mother from Florida to Michigan (a 15 yr. tradition). This year she got dizzy and just didn't feel up to flying. We thought, no worries, we have travel insurance. Much to our surprise, our online request was denied because we didn't have the Physician Form. So, we got that sent in. Still denied. After a bit of haggling, we realized we had not met the basic requirement. A doctor visit within 72 hrs. Granted, we didn't read the fine print. So. BEWARE. If you can't travel, get your Dr. statement right away. After some pleading and asking to speak to a supervisor we were eventually refunded our ticket costs. THANK YOU Alliance. However... some common sense with our initial request would have been wonderful. Not everyone knows enough to push the system and ask to speak to a supervisor.

What a scam. I will not be duped again. Nothing is made to sound easier than travel insurance if you have to cancel your trip. Then when it comes down to a refund it takes weeks of jumping through hoops just to find out that you do not meet the "named peril" described in the fine print that is clearly not available when booking. Crooks and they know it! Do not waste your money on this insurance. It doesn't matter how much documentation you provide, they will tell you that you should have read the terms of the contract and that it only covers death or hospitalization.

Hello Daniel,

I am so very sorry for your frustrations and the run around you had to go through. If you need anything in the future, please email me personally at Help.Team@allianzassistance.com.

Help Team

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I paid for this insurance when I made my flight plans in September. My wife, daughter and mother-in-law were flying with us. I have severe stomach problems but had just had a surgery to repair the damage in August. Unfortunately by December my symptoms had returned. I filed my claim immediately. They took 2 weeks to tell me that my doctor had missed one line on the form. She immediately fixed it and faxed it over. They took another 2 weeks to decided they needed to ask my doctor another question. My doctor took 4 days to respond and now they say they need another 2 weeks to decide if they will refund my tickets, which is AFTER the flight. This is unacceptable. They should have refunded the instant my doctor said I had medical reason not to fly. It's clear they fight every claim tooth and nail. A terrible, deceitful company. Be warned, get your travel insurance elsewhere!

Hi Matthew,

I am sorry to hear of your frustrations surrounding your claim. Email me at Help.Team@allianzassistance.com if you would like to discuss this further.

Help Team

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

I purchased trip cancellation coverage for a simple hotel stay, via Priceline. Had to cancel the stay. Submitted a claim online, the system worked and said I would receive a claim number via email within a few business days. Nothing came. I submitted the claim again, the system worked and said I would receive a claim number via email. Nothing came. Eventually called the help desk and they had me file a claim over the phone.

Hi Alina,

Please email me at Help.Team@allianzassistance.com and let's see if there is anything we can do.

Help Team

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

I purchased the policy online in US. I canceled my flight for some health condition and in the end of the claiming process I received check in Canadian currency. I called to the company and ask to send me a new check in US dollars because my bank doesn't receive checks in foreign currency. After 3 weeks I received exactly the same check in Canadian dollars. When I called again I figured out that there is no option to send me a check in US dollars and they don't know how to resolve this problem. So I stacked with this check without any option to deposit. Horrible experience and service.

Allianz Global Assistance Company Profile