toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Allianz Global Assistance

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I'm very glad that we could be of assistance. Sincerely, Sarah, HelpTeam

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

Had to file claim after flight was cancelled while I was standing at the Airline check in counter. Had to take a TAXI back home. At home I called to report and filed my encounter. Staff was professional and helpful. Cheque from claim filed arrived promptly. Will definitely recommend to friends/family. Will continue to use their service when I travel.

Robert,

So glad we could be of service. Please let us know if you ever have questions about your policy or need assistance. Sincerely, Sarah, HelpTeam

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

Over quite some years I have taken various Allianz insurances for different trips I booked. Never needed to file a claim until about a month ago when I had to cancel a trip for medical reasons. Allianz handled the claim (and payment) quickly and professionally. Definitely glad I opted for an Allianz insurance.

Hello Dianna,

Did you talk to a representative? If not, please email your policy number at Help.Team@allianzassistance.com so we can see what exactly is going on.

Help Team

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

I read through the Allianz policy which said it covered trip cancellation. My trip was cancelled by an employer and was out of my control. While submitting my claim, employment cancellation was even one of the options, but the claim was denied, and I was never notified. I had to go onto their website to look for the status, and found it was denied. DO NOT BUY this insurance. It is a waste of time and money.

Hello Satish,

We are sorry to hear of your frustrations. Please email us at Help.Team@allianzassistance.com to discuss this matter further.

Help Team

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I purchased travel insurance, which I never did in past. My flight got cancelled for occasion of "wedding attendance", next flight was after 6 hours and late for occasion. I filed claim with all documents demanded. When I called for status customer service said "your claim is cancelled. I cannot read you entire policy". I said "I know the policy detail. Tell me which section applied for denial". The staff was unprofessional, rude and I asked for "superior", then she hangs up. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY BUYING INSURANCE FROM ALLIANZ.

We found the process of submitting a claim to Allianz to be clear and when we called to ask questions, we were greeted by friendly and helpful customer service personnel who gave us confidence that our claim would be processed timely and accurately. We were pleased with the turn-around time of the payment and would recommend Allianz to our friends and relatives who travel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allianz Global Assistance?

Hello Taylor,

We are so sorry about your situation. Unfortunately, our trip cancellation coverage doesn't cover everything. However, we try and do the best we can. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact us at Help.Team@allianzassistance.com.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

This is the worst company! I filed a claim with them for 3 plane tickets that had to be canceled due to the fact we were not going to be getting our daughter from her mother for the holiday and they denied our claim. We did everything correctly and they took over $500. We are a military family who fly often and will NEVER do business again with this company! When asked for further assistance they couldn't seem to help. I guess when they say trip cancellation coverage they don't mean it!

We wish to commend Allianz Global Assistance for the professional and efficient manner with which our claim was processed and satisfied. My wife and I were returning home when we were impacted by an airline travel delay that caused us to incur the expense of an overnight lodging. We could not have been more pleased with the customer service we received from Allianz!

Hello Daniel,

I am sorry to hear of your frustrations. Unfortunately, mental health disorders are not covered at this time. If you would like to discuss this matter further, feel free to contact us at Help.Team@allianzassistance.com.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

I purchased an insurance policy with Allianz through the American Airlines, which was $48, for our flight on November 15th. Unfortunately, a month before our flight, my wife's psychiatrist strongly recommended admitting her into a treatment center for her eating disorder. Knowing that her discharge date would be after our scheduled flight, I initiated a claim with Allianz on October 21st. They required very specific patient Health information to be completed out by her treatment team, which I submitted November 15th. I received no communication from Allianz until I called them on November 29th. After being on hold for 10 minutes a rep told me that mental health disorders are not covered in their policy. This is a completely unacceptable policy and fine print only used by scams.

We saved all of our receipts from our trip. Had an event where we had to see a doctor and get medication. Contacted company after I came home. Easy to deal with. Submitted receipts. About 10 days later I received a check.

My now husband and I planned our wedding in the Bahamas, but had to cancel due to Hurricane Matthew. Getting our full refund through Allianz online was easy and fast! I'm a believer and will purchase insurance for all future travel.

I always purchase Allianz when I travel internationally. This is the first time I needed to use it. In India I spent two nights in a hospital due to heat exertion and dehydration. Upon return to the US I was pleased that I could simply file my claims online by downloading document photos from my phone. I was quickly reimbursed for all medical costs and the hefty fee to change my plane ticket for an earlier flight home. I heartily recommend Allianz Global Assistance.

Hello John,

We are sorry to hear of your frustrations. If you would like to discuss this further, please email us at Help.Team@allianzassistance.com.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I purchased the Allianz flight insurance when I purchased my airline ticket from aa.com. Based on this advertising on the aa.com site: "Includes trip cancellation, trip interruption, travel and baggage delay, emergency medical, and more." I was under the impression that the cost of my airline ticket would be covered regardless of the reason I did not travel. Unfortunately. my trip coincided with a hurricane and the destination was under mandatory evacuation order issued by the Governor. While AA did not cancel the flight, I clearly could not travel to the destination. When I filed the claim with Allianz, they denied me. I filed a claim with the NJ Department of Banking and Insurance. They interceded on my behalf and Allianz eventually paid me. I will never buy another thing from Allianz.

Great company to work with. I had unexpected travel delays and extra hotel fees due to Hurricane Matthew. My vacation was interrupted and it was a very stressful situation. Upon our return from our cruise I filed a claim with Allianz. The customer representatives were very helpful and prompt. I received reimbursement for my change in airfare and extra hotel stay within 15 days of filing the claim. It was so fast and easy to file, it took the stress away. I will be a returning customer for sure!

Hello Ryan,

Please email us at Help.Team@allianzassistance.com so we can see if we can further assist you.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

So like 99% of the US that purchases these travel insurance we expect to get refunded if by chance we can not make the trip due to reasons we can not change. I fly between 6-8 round trips a year and have never had troubles and have never had to file a claim. The first and only time I do I am told it does not qualify. I purchased tickets for myself and 2 friends to go to Las Vegas as a thank you to them for helping me out. I got each of us the travel insurance. About a week before the trip the one friend had his boss approach him and due to a last minute emergency at his work and having to fire someone his boss had to unfortunately go back on his approved request for time off. The boss felt bad and said he would even contact the travel insurance company if needed but that David was not able to go on the trip anymore. He wrote an email and I explained the situation and attached it to the claim. The claim was denied.

I called and talked to someone as well as the manager available as was told there was nothing they can do. That work does not qualify for the insurance coverage. That is complete **. He had time off and had to work due to an emergency at his work and his boss NEEDED him to stay. I will admit I didn't go through and read every word of your contract for insurance, no one does, that is for lawyers. I just purchase it like I do every time... like everyone who does and expect to never use it and if I do I expect to be credited but I was not due to your lengthy list of loopholes and rules. You guys really try to get out of paying at all costs. True ** criminals. In one year I paid more in insurance on flights than 2 or 3 of his tickets. I will NEVER and I mean NEVER use your company or any other travel insurance company again! I will also make sure that our company never uses it as well. And we book many flights for many people yearly.

Weather caused a portion of our trip to be canceled. The airlines did not refund anything because it was an act of nature and beyond their control. Thanks Allianz for refunding with very little effort and no hassles. Will definitely use again.

Unfortunately, my husband became ill while on a European trip. Fortunately, we had travel insurance through Allianz and filing a claim for the total cost of a doctor visit and medication was necessary. Our experience was simple and seamless. We received our refund within a week of filing. We'd highly recommend Allianz for those traveling out of the country.

First time I ever had travel insurance and had to file a claim. Brian ** did an excellent job of helping me through the process and calming me down after I was told by Markiz in Mexico that I would not be covered for my trip interruption expenses. Brian knows what he is doing and is a big reason that I will never travel without Allianz travel insurance in the future.

A responsible and competent exception in the sketchy domain of travel insurance! Somewhat skeptically, I paid approx $27 for a travel insurance premium with Allianz insurance, this in connection with a ticket purchase from United. I am very, very happy I did so. A health problem in London incurred minor medical bills but more importantly prevented travel on to Venice, thus forfeiting both airfare and prepaid hotel. As always, one needs to attend to the fine details of documentation. Via phone and email, Allianz employees explained the required documents in question. They processed and paid the claim in timely fashion. Highly recommended--notably as alternative to the April Insurance offered by (the otherwise exemplary) STA.

When I experienced an interruption to my travel plans due to personal injury the last thing I wanted to deal with was filing an insurance claim. However the Allianz Global Assistance process was wonderful. The process was expedient and easy to use.

Allianz could not have been more helpful. My wife had a bad ear infection in the middle of our trip. I took her to the doctor a few times and also took her to urgent care early one morning. Allianz took my information over the phone and was kind and patient with me. They provided me tips on how to submit the documentation. My claim was paid in full and was processed quickly.

I purchased a roundtrip airline ticket for my son on American Airlines. He is in the Army and had a leave for Thanksgiving. As always, things in the military change quite a bit... as did his orders and then he couldn't come home for Thanksgiving. I reached out to Allianz who only needed proof of his orders being changed and we received a full refund check in the mail a few days later. Excellent customer service. I say this for another company, I assume a competitor... AON. Rejected my son for similar circumstances. Great job Allianz.

I had to cancel our Thanksgiving travel plans because my husband was not allowed to fly for 3 months after emergency surgery. I put in a claim to get reimbursed for the plane tickets and uploaded a copy of the airline e-Ticket receipt and the Surgery Discharge instructions. I also got a statement from the doctor, but it turned out I didn't need it as the claim was approved before I uploaded it. The check was in the bank less than 2 weeks after filing the claim.

We usually purchase travel insurance. This time needed it for illness that shortened our trip. Online forms were easy to complete. I like that the program saved my entry to complete once I had all documents. The forms were not too much work for our doctor. Refund was approved quickly.

Had to change my flight arraignments due to my wife having emergency surgery and once I returned, I filed a claim through Allianz and they were very helpful with the forms and processed my claim in a timely manner. I will be sure to use them again!

I am very pleased with your company and service. You made it very easy to file a claim and processed that claim in a very short time. I also received the reimbursement quickly. Thank you for your great customer service.

Hello Brian,

So sorry to hear of your frustrations. Please email us at Help.Team@allianzassistance.com so we can further assist you, and see what we can do to help you in this circumstance.

Help Team

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

I had to go to the hospital July the 4th in the USA. I got the approval from Allianz and everything went smoothly until I got a bill from the hospital in October. I phoned and they told me Allianz wants a discount before they will pay. Are you kidding me... It's now end of November, I am getting phone calls & bills from the hospital. What kind of insurance is that, what if I ever have to go back to that town and hope to get treatment? Or what if I need emergency treatment and they want a deal. What a joke.

Factual basis uncertain

Hello Jac,

Please email your policy number to Help.Team@allianzassistance.com for us to see what the hold up is on your reimbursment.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

We travel overseas a lot for leisure. We always have travel insurance for any issues that may arise. Recently we flew to Hong Kong and planned to fly to Shanghai for 3 nights for our first wedding anniversary. Unfortunately the morning we were due to fly out I injured my back picking up a backpack. This resulted in a missed flight, accommodation re-booking for the extra days in Hong Kong and of course a trip to see a doctor. He provided me with medication and also a certificate to say I was unfit to fly and needed to rest. This was October 4th 2016. We immediately contacted our travel insurer to advise and submit a claim. When we returned to Australia I took the certificate to my GP as requested by Allianz and had it all filled out.

Allianz have now requested further GP visits for more information with ALL costs to be covered by myself as I had a spinal fusion 4 years ago. This was an acute injury and my fusion was a fabulous success. So much so that I returned to work as a nurse with full range of movement within 6 weeks. I am still awaiting our claim to be processed. The promise that your claim will be dealt with, within 10 days is also rubbish. The time resets every time they request more information. I now have to go see my very busy GP and my even busier spinal surgeon at my expense in order to satisfy Allianz for a claim worth about $1000!! You may ask why I would bother...it comes down to principle for me. We have our car insured through Allianz (that will be reviewed) and we are about to head OS again in 3 weeks and guess who we didn't chose to cover us? Very disappointing service.

Hailey,

We assure you that we do the best we can to help to the best our our abilities. Please email us at HelpTeam@allianzassistance.com if you would like do discuss this matter further.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

This company is determined not to help you. There is very no communication from them about what they need, they just expect you to know and do all the leg work. Then sit on hold with them forever while they figure out every possible way to deny your claim. They told me that pre-existing medical issues would be covered and allowed me to purchase insurance under that assumption, even though I was already PAST the allowed amount of time from initial travel purchase. They only cover it if you purchase your plan within 14 days of the initial travel purchase. You shouldn't offer customers coverage that isn't actually available or applicable to them.

I cannot provide a higher recommendation for a travel insurance provider than I would for Allianz. They laid out a seamless, hassle-free process for me, which saw a reimbursement check in my hands in maybe 2 weeks, tops. I even added my hotel charge afterward, since it took over a week to post, and didn't get captured in my initial claim. Their reps were friendly, the administrative burden minimal, and - for a $15 advance fee - this was easily the best money I've ever spent. I booked travel insurance just in case I overstayed my SC wedding trip, never expecting a hurricane would disrupt it, but that is exactly what happened (I missed my flight and all others were sold out). While driving to BOS from CHS in two days wasn't ideal, getting back the bulk of the expenses I incurred on this trip made the situation that much more palatable. I will never refuse travel insurance again! Buy with confidence from Allianz! A++++++

Hello Margaret,

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Please email us at Help.Team@allianzassistance.com with your claim number so we can see what we can do.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

This insurance is a RIP OFF. I filed a claim for cancelled flight and gave my reason as family celebration (Thanksgiving) was cancelled. Claim was denied. When I called to find out why the claim was denied I was told that cancellation of "family celebration" was not a valid reason. I explained that I cancelled the trip due to death in family. I was then told that I needed to provide an obituary or death certificate so that my claim could be INVESTIGATED. So now I am not only out the price of the airfare, but ALLIANZ "so called" INSURANCE.

Allianz Global Assistance Company Profile