Allianz Global Assistance

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

The process was easy, communications to me was helpful and direct, and simple to follow. With being sick with an upper respiratory and ear infection I was unable to fly to work and it was stressful, I was very appreciative of how user-friendly the process was. Thank you!

My flight was cancelled and I had to fly the following day, spending the night in a motel. As the airline did not pay for the motel or food, I filed a claim on my Allianz Global travel insurance. I was reimbursed for the motel and dinner within a week of filing the claim. Fast, easy and reliable. Will use them every time I fly.

Allianz processed my claim for delayed travel quickly and reimbursed my expenses in a timely manner. I was afraid the claim might be denied because I lost the rental car receipt, but they took my credit card statement as a substitute for the receipt.

We have purchased Allianz Insurance in the past. Fortunately we had never had to use the protection. However, recently we had to cancel a weekend hotel visit due to our son's health. Our younger son has a heart condition and is monitored and got either food poisoning or the flu the day before we were to leave for the vacation. I filed the claim through Allianz. They told me I needed to provide a medical records for the 2 day illness. We did not take my son to the doctor and he got better over the weekend. I did tell Allianz that I could provide medical records of his heart problem but I guess that wasn't enough. This seems like a total scam.

I would like to recommend the travel insurance policy offered by Alliance. I was very pleased to get a quick refund. It was necessary for my primary doctor to fill out the necessary forms to obtain this insurance but it was worth it due to the quick response on the refund.

My grandfather got seriously ill while I was on vacation and I had to reschedule my flight to come back to Canada. He passed away while I was on-route back home. Before leaving I talked to an administrator and got the claims application rolling. After my grandfather's funeral, I submitted my claims including all necessary documents in February 2017. They sat on my claim for more than 3 months with no progress. Every week I call the claims department to get an update and every week they manage to come up with a new reason for the delay. Note that when I started the claim they mentioned the whole process will take only 10-15 business days.

Yesterday I called them one more time and they mentioned my claim was denied due to no coverage. Apparently the credit card which I have the trip interruption insurance through was in bad standing! Which was obviously a lie as I always pay in full. I had to call my credit card company and they reassured my credit card is in good standing. I had to again argue with a claims department person and she finally agreed to send the claims back for review. I suppose I have to wait another 3 months now to get an answer. Absolutely horrible experience from the beginning. Avoid this company at all cost! Not only they denied a legitimate claim but also provided a false reason for the denial.

I reserved to travel to Chicago from Raleigh, NC and my job changed my teaching schedule because the illness of a coworker. I tried to explain them about this situation and customer service was clear that they do not reimburse this kind of cancellation, but the customer service still encourage me to submit proof from my education institution and airline penalties for changing it. How I look for all this papers, when they are telling me that they do not cover this kind of events? They advertise this insurance protection with a ton of benefits, but when I started my claim, I found out that this insurance does not cover anything at all, or if they cover something, be prepared to start an investigation process.

Thanks for the reimbursement of our trip. My wife needed hospital care that required us to change our plans. Having bought the insurance to protect us from such an event, it was very valuable. It made a difficult situation better. Thank you again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allianz Global Assistance?

I have been waiting to receive my refund for several weeks and till this day I'm still. I mean what is the point of having Insurance on travel tickets when things aren't done in a matter of time. Every other day I'm calling these people and I get the runaround.

Those who answered the phone for Allianz were great - especially for the price. Don't lose your medical treatment and prescription receipts, as these cannot be easily replaced. The medical care in Chile was amazing - fast, expert, and very reasonable. Imagine walking out after blood test, EKG, etc., consultation and exam by a sharp doctor, prognosis, prescription, and total bill for all treatment in hand in a little over two hours after walking in. This was in early AM in a Sunday morning.

Claim forms were accessible on the company website. Cancellation process was straightforward and the claim was processed as promised. The refund was received within the time frame outlined. We will not hesitate to purchase this travel insurance for future travel plans.

I've had an issue with my ex girlfriend in Wisconsin and I decided to cancel the trip. Even though I paid for trip cancellation insurance, they still didn't grant me a refund due to insufficient reasons not covered?? It was a selection option under your claim filing! I sent the receipt! So they just stole 300 dollars out of me. I will make sure to tell my friends about this and I will never paid for their crappy insurance policy ever again.

Our flight on the last leg of our flight from Auckland NZ to Washington D.C. was cancelled by airline and required overnight stay in Dallas. Fully satisfied with service provided and the reimbursement paid. Online processing was convenient. Thank you.

The rental agency in Mexico was extremely thorough in the review of every single scratch and blemish to the car. Apparently my wife or son opened the front passenger side door over a high curb resulting in a scratch to the underside of the door. The rental company charged me for the repair plus taxes and added it to my bill. Allianz promptly refunded the amount in full no questions asked. All I had to do was fill in a form, attach a copy of the bill and email it. Fast, efficient and courteous.

I have never purchased travel insurance before, never really thought I would need it. But that's just exactly what it is for - "Insurance". I'm glad I did. There was a lot of information to sent in but they were very good about communicating. And sure enough I did in fact receive a check in the mail for compensation due to an unexpected trip interruption. Definitely worth your while. They hold up to their end of bargain.

I was extremely pleased with the service I received with your travel insurance. It only shows that things are unpredictable and having travel insurance provides you with the peace of mind that your travel investment is protected. All representatives I spoke to from the moment of our travel delay to verifying that my claim was being processed were very helpful and pleasant to work with. Thank you!

I submitted a claim for the first time regarding a recent trip that was delayed. The process was simple and I was kept informed about the status at each step. I would highly recommend Allianz to anyone considering purchasing insurance.

My wife and I highly recommend Allianz cruise insurance. After uploading supporting documents, waiting 10 business days for Allianz review (as stated in the policy), our entire claim was covered. Thanks again, and have a blessed day.

We had a long trip planned and had to cancel a week before we left for medical reasons. Allianz sent us the forms needed to settle the claim and the reimbursement came through in a timely manner. The forms included those to be filled out by the physician. Excellent service.

We were glad we purchased Allianz travel insurance. We were starting to plan the different things we would do and see on our trip. Then all of a sudden one day one of us had to have a medical surgery done which would not enable us to walk around and enjoy the trip. We filed an insurance claim and now we will reschedule the trip.

We recently had a flight from Morocco to Germany delayed for over three hours (without explanation) and missed our scheduled and already purchased train connection within Germany. On top of the amount we had already paid for the existing tickets (40+ Euro) we were forced to pay another 70+ Euro for another train. A few days after the travel incident we contacted Allianz, uploaded receipts of our original purchase, photos of our delayed flight (the digital board at the airport), credit card receipt for our new purchase as well as images of the tickets, and within two weeks received a full reimbursement of the second purchase of tickets! I have used other travel insurance in the past and had to battle to receive anything (I was even mugged and had police reports of the stolen items and insurance refused to cover them!) but the process with Allianz was quick and effective. I would definitely use Allianz again for future travel!

Fast and swift handling and reimbursement of travel cancellation claim. Forms were professional and easy to understand and to be filled in. Will definitely use insurance again in the future and also recommend to friends. It took less than a week from submitting claim documents to having claim reviewed, approved and paid out.

Purchased the insurance on a whim, as I know traveling to a small east coast town can be problematic. First time with Delta, and first time buying travel insurance so I was not sure what to expect. Got trapped in MSP for 2 extra days and they could only get me to an airport 200 miles away from where I was going. I paid for Hotel and Rental car out of pocket hoping the insurance would pay me back. Finally got home and submitted the claim, got e-mail in 10 minutes that they had accepted my claim and were reviewing the paperwork. The next part took 8 business days but once it was finished I had the money I submitted the claim for as a check with limited work on my part. Did not have to talk to anyone on the phone, all through a website with little or no effort. Will be buying insurance for any Non-Direct flights I have coming up!

I tried to file a claim on 4/22/2017. I was having trouble getting the correct forms. Representative said that they would send them to me in the mail. They arrived on May 14. This is ** customer service.

Allianz was terrific to work with in filing a claim for unexpected medical expenses while on a cruise. I submitted copies of our receipts with a short on-line questionnaire and it was done. We received updated communications as the process went along and also a final settlement statement once the check had been mailed. We were reimbursed for all expenses. I will definitely use Allianz when we travel in the future. You cannot go wrong when Allianz has your back.

I was reimbursed for a transfer that I had already paid for once. The transfer company FAILED to pick us up as scheduled and take us from the hotel to the airport. I had to pay for a taxi. I was reimbursed for the taxi fare. I felt that it was fair for me to not have to pay for a service that failed to be provided by a transfer company. I was glad that I had purchased insurance and didn't lose another $65.00.

I had a family emergency arrive, which caused me to have to cancel a flight. Thanks to the great customer service representative I talked to when I called, I was able to have my flight reimbursed. The process was very smooth, thanks to the specific instructions I was provided. I also appreciated that I could track the claim's progress. I don't think I will ever book a trip without purchasing a travel insurance policy moving forward. I am so grateful for their help!

I was very pleased with the service I received through Allianz. Due to a health issue, I had to cancel reservations, and upon providing the proper documentation, my account was credited for the correct amount. Thank you so much. With the added stress of the health issues, this trip was the last thing I wanted to worry about.

I don't usually get coverage but I needed three different connections. I ended up being on Delta flight delays due to tornadoes and storms. This resulted in every connection not happening and overnight stays. Allianz was amazing in processing my claim. I thought to keep all my receipts. I forgot I had insurance until my husband reminded me. I will be getting this insurance from now on. My claim was about $400.

I was in Arizona when my husband in Ohio was unexpectedly placed in Cardiac Intensive Care. I had to change my bookings home to leave AZ immediately. Once I submitted my claim to Allianz for the additional money I had to spend in order to do that, they acted on the claim and sent me a check within a couple of weeks. Their website claim process was very clear. Uploading the documents to substantiate the claim went quite smoothly as well. I had no idea at the time I purchased the travel insurance that I would ever use it for this trip. But I thought the premium was quite reasonable and decided "why not?" and purchased it. I am very glad I did.

The airline had massive delays due to weather in a different location causing Houston to back up. Resulted in later flight to MSP which resulted in missing last flight to ANC as we landed about 10 min after it left. Needed to get a hotel. Allianz covered expenses of meals and housing. Highly recommend Allianz. Have already told several others to be sure they get an Allianz policy on their travel arrangements, both flights and cruises.

This is my first encounter with buying insurance for a trip. I bought it for a trip to Hawaii. I lost my job & was unable to go and the airline would not refund my $$. I filed a claim with Allianz and got all of my $$ back. From now on I will always purchase insurance for my trips.

We had an extremely difficult time getting to our destination due to airline misfortunes. We missed 2 connections, and once we arrived, our luggage was lost. Needless to say, we had to purchase clothing, a rental car and other things for our trip. Once we got back and submitted the claim, there was no hesitation in reimbursing us for our troubles & headaches. Would highly recommend you purchase this insurance before traveling.

Allianz Global Assistance Company Profile