It's that easy Get a Free Quote
4.47/5
Based on 1,753 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than 100 years, Allianz has been providing security and assurance to people around the world. Whether you’ve lost luggage on a trip, your roof was damaged in a storm, you lost your job or would like to retire, Allianz has your back.

Allianz Global Assistance Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

4117 Allianz Global Assistance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Our luggage was delayed 5 weeks. I have sent in all the receipts from our purchases (about 700.00 CND) and received 115.00. The responses take over a week every time I connect with you. Please submit payment for our receipts.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I don’t understand why people give Allianz a bad review sometimes. We always purchased insurance through them. When we have had to use it, they ask to provide specific documentation and we have always got our refund within a week. Super easy to work with!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Easy to submit claim. First one in years. I buy the annual policy and having had an accident when I least expected it I was comforted in having the policy. Timely response. I continue to value Allianz and definitely recommend to others.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

From the moment of my emergency overseas to arriving back home, every step of our journey was coordinated successfully. My trepidation of traveling with a significant injury was soothed by the care we received by everyone involved in our repatriation. Thank you!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I couldn't make my flight because of military reasons, and I bought insurance just in case I had to cancel and I got 15 percent of the money I spent on the ticket back. I will not be using this insurance ever again. I'm going to contact the Better Business Bureau.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allianz Global Assistance?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

My wife became ill and we were not able to take our flight from JFK to LAX in November. Allianz reimbursed me the full amount of the tickets with no issues or problems. I have used Allianz many times in the past, but never had to file a claim before. I will continue to buy policies thru Allianz.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

My husband came down with the flu two days before our scheduled trip. I submitted a claim the day before our departure date along with a letter from his doctor. I submitted the claim online and requested a check for reimbursement. Within a week I was reimbursed.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I was so happy and relieved I bought the trip insurance. After my Mother and Father were in a serious car accident, I was able to get the full refund on her flight. Thank you for making it so easy and stress-free.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Agent worked to find a resolution to my issue and was helpful and respectful. He was friendly and I appreciate the amount of time he stayed on the phone with me. Thank you so much for the assistance with my claim.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

The claims process online was easy to use and hassle-free. Was able to explain the reason for the claim via the form and upload the supporting documentation required. Notification process was quick as well. The user experience was great and I didn't have to make additional phone calls to review or expedite the claims process.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I will be filing a complaint with the Montana Insurance Commissioner and Attorney General. I purchased your product in good faith and on the recommendation of Alaska Airlines. The night before departure my wife became very ill and unable to fly. We cancelled our flight and incurred $250.00 in rebooking fees. We filed a claim and you paid us $7.00!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Somehow I was only refunded for 1 ticket that was a part of my files claim. When I called to ask about the other ticket, they said I needed military orders. I told them several times I did not have any sort of military orders because there was simply no change in orders! I simply had to stay longer at work because of requirements with the navy. In this case, there’s no such thing as military orders. How did I get only a partial refund back, then I needed orders for the next ticket That doesn’t make sense. I will not use this insurance again. This was after talking to two separate people.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Paid $7.00 on $400 claim. Will also let Delta, TripAdvisor, Airbnb and others know of your poor treatment. Took out policy thinking I would be covered if I had to cancel. Allianz didn't refund my expenses or even review all my documents. Poor travel insurance.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

My wife had a medical emergency while on vacation in Austria. It was so easy to submit the claim using the website and our reimbursement check was sent to us very quickly. I would definitely use Allianz when we travel next.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Refund was handle with quick return. Thank you, Allianz. All parties involved were professional. The refund came within 7 business days. Thank you. I would recommend this insurance company again. I would use this insurance again. Thank y’all for the quick turnaround.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Thank you for your prompt response to our claim. My daughter, Julia **, was forced to cancel the flight I made for her and her daughter when her husband’s cancer returned and he was unable to care for other two children because he is at Johns Hopkins getting treated.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Allianz is an outstanding company and offers exceptional customer service. I have always been very satisfied with the product & service that Allianz offers over the years of using and will continue to use their company. Thank you very much for an outstanding experience!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Thank you so much for getting my money back. A family emergency occurred and resulted in me staying local and not taking the flight. Because I got an American Airlines economy ticket I was unable to change my flight to a later date or anything. Leaving my hands tied. Then I remembered that I had the insurance policy. Allianz did an amazing job, thank you!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

We had an unscheduled change to our flights. I purchased a meal at the airport and submitted the claim. Was processed and refunded within one week. It was a small claim but handled very well. Outstanding service. I most often purchase Allianz travel insurance for our plans.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Was extremely satisfied with the travel insurance. Had to cancel because of illness and since I used points to purchase my flight, just needed refund of change fee. They sent my refund of $150 quickly. Very happy customer. I highly recommend getting travel insurance as you never know what can happen.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Required forms were extremely easy to complete and easy to file a claim. They responded very quickly with payment once claim was processed. Website helpful as well as staff when called, all questions answered. Easy access to check on status on claim.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Collision Insurance/Payment to Hertz - Claim was filed on 11/20/18 and there is still no decision. I have received two additional emails requesting information that I already provided. When I check status on the website it continues to state that the claim is still being processed and is missing documents that have already been provided twice. I never received an incident report from Hertz regarding the accident but I did forward everything else that was required. Not very happy right now. Would really appreciate a resolution. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I wanted to give less than 1 star to them but option is not available. This is one of the worst insurance company and customer care is pathetic. They don't know anything except transferring the calls from one person to another. I submitted my claim for Trip interruption in the month of August and have been told that claim will be processed with 10 business days if everything looks good. Now more than 4 months passed and I called them almost 10 times in between and getting the status as claim pending with verification team they will process within 3 days. They wasted my 4 months and still no payment. Today when I called as asked for the time frame, I got the answer that there is no time frame for the verification team to close the claim. THIS IS SCAM! DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY BY BUYING INSURANCE FROM THEM.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I purchased travel insurance from Allianz through Expedia when booking my flight. My car broke down on route to the airport and I missed my flight. 'Section 8' of their policy stated that I was covered for up to £500 under Missed Departure due to car break down. They refused my claim on the basis of their 'Section 9' Delayed Departure caused by me not checking in! This is a nasty cynical company that cherry-pick their terms and conditions to avoid honoring their financial commitments. AVOID BUYING THIS INSURANCE AT ALL COSTS!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Do not, I repeat, do not buy flight insurance from Delta. It is a complete scam. We bought first class tickets from Minneapolis to Cancun. Oddly, they were nonrefundable, so we decided to take out insurance as the flight was 9 months out. Between then and now, my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer. That was bad enough. When I called Delta, they referred me to Allianz Global Assistance. The name is super deceiving as there has been no assistance. Only one ask after another. I have provided them flight information, purchase information, doctors information and still they want more. Now they want proof that Delta didn't provide a refund. How do I prove that? I bought the insurance from Delta and they are the ones who referred me to them.

You would think they have some type of relationship. I guess it is a financial one only, where both make money and we get screwed. Additionally, they want all receipts from our providers that prove she has breast cancer. This after our doctor confirmed via letter that she was under his care for breast cancer and could not travel. So now I have to make a number of other calls and inquiries. Something they could easily do on their own as we have provided them the contract information for our medical team and I assume, big assumption, that they have some type of relationship with Delta. Anyway, don't waste your money! It is becoming very clear we wasted ours. Not to mention the $1000+ that we lost on the tickets.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I originally chose Allianz because the coverage offered and price were better than that offered by other companies. Then when my baggage was damaged in travel, Allianz's response to my claim was prompt and positive. In all, I am pleased.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Flight went to a different town because of hurricane. This is the second time in two years that we have had to use insurance. It has been very easy for the requirments that your company request. The only issue I had was that your fax number didn't work either time. It wasn't really bad. I had to mail them in so it only took a couple of more days to get an approval.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Recently my wife and I were scheduled to fly from LAX to Dallas on October 23rd. Unfortunately my wife suffered a foot injury that caused us to have to cancel our trip. I filed a claim with Allianz to see if a refund would be possible due to medical concern. I did not hold out much hope that a refund would be made. After submitting all the necessary paperwork and waiting a few days I received confirmation that the refund had been approved and that a check was being sent to our house. I had heard some negative feedback concerning these type of policies. This was the first time that I had to use a trip cancellation policy. Very happy with the results and very satisfied with the way that Allianz handled my claim for me. Will use again for future travels.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

We are overjoyed with our recent experience regarding our trip insurance with Allianz. We had to cancel our trip due to a death in the family, and they were kind and prompt with our reimbursement. We will definitely use them for all future trip insurance purchases.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Due to illness involving temperature we had to cancel a trip to the UK to see a dear friend get married. No redo possible! Since I cancelled a week before the event, my hotel, private car, and flight reservations were cancelled with no penalty. To get the 160K miles added back to my frequent flyer account cost $175, which I paid. For some reason I had purchased travel insurance months ago for this trip, first time ever after many overseas trips. It covered up to 200 for frequent flyer costs. I entered my claim online, uploaded my airline itinerary. I snipped the charge to my credit card and uploaded. Then I got a note from my doctor, scanned it, and uploaded it. Within 10 days my claim was processed and I was issued a check. Easy peasy!!

Allianz Global Assistance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Allianz Global Assistance has a long history in the industry. They were the insurer on the Wright brothers' flight and on the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge.

• Instant online quoting: Plan a trip and get travel insurance, all in just a few minutes.

• Annual coverage available: Frequent travelers often find annual coverage more affordable.

• Tiered-coverage options: Get as much or as little coverage as you need with four different product tiers on single-trip service.

• See state options: Individual states have different regulations regarding travel insurance, so see what is available in your state, within moments.

• Kids ride free: Children under 17 are automatically included in the price with the Classic Plan or Classic Plan Trip+ tiers.

• Best for: Party animals, workaholics, adventurers and family trippers.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky