Allianz Global Assistance

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When my wife went into labor 4 weeks early due to preeclampsia, the last thing I was thinking about was my flight to my sister's wedding the following week. When her doctor recommended I not go, I was so glad I had purchased this policy. The help I got over the phone was tremendous, and I am so grateful that I didn't have to fill out more than a few pages of paperwork.

Alliance reimbursed for extra meal coverage for missing flight due to airline maleficence; and mileage for returning to airport 24 hours later to pick up delayed baggage. The phone personnel were very kind and rapid reimbursement after faxing in request.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Allianz made it easy to file my claim. All the information and instructions I needed to submit my claim was clearly stated. Great experience. They were easy to work with and very helpful over the phone. I would purchase travel insurance again from Allianz if I ever needed it again.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was pleased, when I became unexpectedly sick, that my flight insurance actually reimbursed me. The timeline was reasonable, and it took a lot of pressure off during a highly stressful time. I would purchase again for sure. It's worth it, since airlines make just about every flight non-refundable these days.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I incurred a medical emergency and was unable to travel. Because of the nature of the medical problem my husband was also forced to cancel his travel plans. Allianz representatives handled our claims with great compassion and a real sense of professionalism. We will definitely recommend Allianz to our friends and family.

Even though the reason I needed to cancel my trip was listed, they turned it down, even with all of the supporting documents they requested! Shame on American Air for letting them offer this to their customers!

Due to an unforeseen medical condition I was forced to cancel a planned trip. The representatives who dealt with my situation were helpful, courteous and professional. I received a full refund. I was completely satisfied with the service they provided.

My daughter went to Cusco, Peru for a month this summer and became ill. She went to a medical clinic there and I filed a claim for the $360 it cost. They sent me a check right away no questions asked, I did give them a lot of documentation paperwork. I had to file with our primary insurance company Blue Cross first and was denied by them. I will use Allianz again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allianz Global Assistance?

Our child of 10 years old suffers from extreme anxiety and depression. She had a major event and we were not able to travel and leave her with grandparents. We had medical forms filled out by physicians and the claims were denied. I will be contacting local radio and TV station as well as contacting the better business bureau. If I do not receive a resolution I will contact a lawyer and solve this in small claims courts.

I'm so glad I paid for the Insurance when I purchased my Airline tickets, in the past I had never done this, but I'm very grateful I did. I had a freak accident and broke my fibula bone a week before my flight and my Dr. wouldn't let me fly, due to the fact that I could possible have a blood clot during the flight. I was heartbroken. I called Allianz immediately and they were very kind, and told me what I needed to provide to get my flight refunded. I couldn't ask for better customer service. They provided the best and I was so thankful. They were the greatest, I received my refund within 2 weeks after providing required documents. Thank You Allianz!!! You're the greatest. I will purchase insurance everytime I fly now!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Have incurred medical expenses abroad. Have filed a claim since May of 2017 and no decision has been made. I have submitted all the requested documents 5 times and a decision still not being made. This company will not pay for your medical expenses even if your trip was covered. I would warn anybody to stay away from this company because they will not honor their policy. I have called and emails millions times and nothing is being done. Please do not buy any insurance from this company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Claim process was fairly easy. Claim form indicated clearly what was required to file the claim. Once I sent the claims in, I was notified that it was being reviewed about a week after I sent it in. Once the claim was accepted, I had my money via direct deposit in about 5 days.

Medical Refund - The process was handled professionally and with satisfaction. Thank you for handling it an expedited manner and for treating my family with respect during this time. I would Allianz again for insurance on a future trip and would recommend it to others.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I purchased a travel insurance coverage and when I have problems Global Alliance denied my claim or assistance. They told me I'm not cover under their policy. Typically I have delay with my airline twice and I called them once that's what I got. I always purchase the insurance with any ticket I bought either domestic or international but I never call them until last time I have an issue. Please for anyone who willing to purchase insurance from this company, let them put everything on writing otherwise you will be stranded or regret of getting insurance. This scam by trick.

Had pre-existing medical problems come up. I had to cancel a trip around the date of my Doctor Appointment. I submitted a claim for airfare and submitted the documentation required. Within 3 weeks I had a check in my hand. I will use this company for all travels in the future.

I was treated very well by your customer service and they handled my claim very well, with no issues as I provided your underwriters with exacted the documents that were requested, it only took a few days after filing to obtain my medical (wife broke her right foot) refund for the cruise and air expenses.

My claim was processed quickly and efficiently after I had a flight canceled and baggage lost on a trip to Texas. I was 100% pleased with the whole process from start to finish. I highly recommend this insurance on every flight you book.

Very swift response. Clear instructions, very easy to follow. Phone operator was very polite and helpful, made sure I received an email with all the information I needed to file my claim. Would definitely recommend it to a friend and family members.

Had to cancel my trip due a sickness and process was handled efficiently and promptly within the time frame given. Representatives were very kind and responsive to the issue. Within two weeks, the refund was resolved. All of the required paperwork was available.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

After I went through all the forms and collected all the evidence and bills. I received a decision of approval. I was told to wait 5-10 days for the check, but it never came. Then I was told that it was sent to a wrong address and to wait another 5-10 days. Again never showed up and I am still waiting!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Allianz came through with flying colors! Our return flight, as well as many flights, from Boston was canceled due to weather. Allianz reimbursed us for meals and hotel expenses while we were rebooked for 2 days later. Their online claim form was easy, and their staff were always responsive within 24 hours of submitting an email. I've always used Allianz and will continue to use them. So many items are outside your control... and Allianz covers and insures them! 5 stars isn't enough!

I can't tell you where we would have been without having this insurance. The money that we have been able to recoup has helped us during this trouble times of hurricane Harvey. We will always be buying this insurance anytime we travel when it is available. Thank you.

My wife and I had booked an early August cruise to Norway out of Amsterdam including airfare with Holland American Lines in March. In late May I experienced a herniated disc. None of the traditional remedies seemed to work and I was scheduled for back surgery in early August. Our travel agent had recommended Allianz over other alternatives and we are certainly glad we listened to her.

Once the surgery was scheduled, our agent canceled the cruise and requested the claim forms from Allianz. We carefully reviewed the insurance policy, filled out the easy-to-understand forms, received and provided letters from our medical providers, and provided the other documentation requested. In a few weeks – well within their stated timeline – Allianz sent a check for the full fare less the partial refund we had already received from Holland America upon cancellation. The only thing left was the fee paid for the insurance.

We were very impressed and appreciated the prompt assistance at a difficult time. As a side note, Hotels.Com was most helpful in canceling non-refundable hotel reservations in Amsterdam and Chicago. Delta Airlines, also allowed us to cancel our flights to and from Chicago and returned all of our frequent flyer miles to our account. Many thanks to all.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Due to unexpected illness on my husband's part we were unable to travel. Luckily I had taken out travel insurance and called Allianz. They could not have been more helpful. I was able to download all the documents - was given some good advice i.e. make sure to put the claim number on each page for instance. Sent off the claim and within a week a check was posted to my account. First class service all the way. I could not say better! Thank you Allianz!

Due to a medical issue we had to cancel a cruise and flights. Both were insured with Allianz. I've never had to use trip insurance before and was prepared for a lot of red tape and negotiating. It was a snap. The phone representatives were extremely helpful in guiding me through the process. I was able to handle everything via email by scanning required documentation. Checking the website informed me of the status of the claim. In a very short period of time I received my refunds. I highly recommend Allianz and will be using them for all future travel.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have used Allianz for many years on all of our trips and are extremely satisfied with Allianz. Recently having to file a claim on a trip due to a family member illness, the claim went easily and without hassle. Keep up the good work!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Flight cancellation - I had a phone conversation with one of your agents, I think his name was Rick. His manner was professional and efficient and the compassion in his voice was so appreciated especially at a difficult time. The claim was handled quickly and resolved to our complete satisfaction.

Allianz was prompt in responding to my claim and they kept me informed as to the disposition of it. Receipt of monies was timely and I received the full amount of my claim. I was very satisfied with the service. Getting this insurance was money well spent.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Received excellent instructions on how to file when I phoned and talked to the representative. The filing packet was emailed immediately as a PDF. As a result I could fill out the forms and drop the medical portion off at the doctor's office in a timely manner. The forms were emailed and I had the trip cancellation check within 2 weeks. Very impressive service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

After being told my claim was paid, the Allianz reimbursement check bounced a week ago according to my bank. I received an email from Allianz that there was a problem with their payment. I am still waiting for the money.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Allianz staff was wonderful when we missed our flight traveling from Scotland through Chicago to get home to Omaha. We had to rent a car to get home. We appreciate the quick refund for the rental car and fuel. I'd use Allianz again & recommend.

I've never purchased travel insurance before - and we have traveled internationally, domestically and cruises - this time however, my husband has difficulty ambulating waiting for hip replacement surgery, so I purchased insurance and alas, needed to use it. I was pleased with the process of submitting a claim and with the outcome.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I submitted a claim, as I had to cancel my trip due to personal circumstances relation to my husband's accident. This was my first claim. I submitted all of the requested documentation. My claim was processed in a very short time. I donated 100% of the refund to charity. Thank You.

Allianz Global Assistance Company Profile