Allianz Global Assistance

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Had to cancel a trip I used miles to buy due to illness. Airline charged me $150 to get my miles back in my account. Allianz refunded the money immediately. Only had to submit charge from the airline. Super quick and easy. So glad I purchased insurance and will do so again on all of my flights. Thanks Allianz!

We had a medical emergency the first night we arrived on our vacation. Upon our return home, I contacted Allianz to process claim. It was a very easy online process and Allianz handled immediately. I received my reimbursement very quickly. I'm glad I purchased the insurance.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We were very glad we purchased this policy (Trip Protector). Part of our flight home was canceled and we had to rent a vehicle to drive that leg of the trip. We received reimbursement for that expense, along with the gas purchased and the extra meal expenses. Excellent value! Claim was processed quickly and without any problems.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very impressed how quickly Allianz processed my claim after I had to cancel my trip due to my husband's recent surgery. I have recommended Allianz to others for their travel insurance. I will certainly use them for my next travel adventure.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

First of all, C/A needs to be aware that Allianz is loading the commentary/reviews section with phony compliments on a nearly daily basis with fake names and fake email addresses. Don't you find it odd that all the compliments sound pretty much the same? "I'm really glad I bought this insurance..." and "gee whiz Allianz, thanks for your spectacular service!..." and so on. Yeah right. It doesn't take a genius to figure that one out.

In any case, these scam artists have a way of doing business. They ask for a preliminary document and get to review it for ten days. Then after they review that one, they ask you for more - and have ten more days to review that. If that's still not enough, they review ask for even more BS documents and of course have ten days to review those... all the while holding on to YOUR money. It can take months to get your money back. Allianz is a scam. The next time you want to buy flight insurance, buy your tickets and THEN look for an insurer online. They're probably all scam artists to one degree or another but at least you won't be handing these particular scam artists your hard earned cash.

The website was Okay. Being able to file the claim online was good. The list of required documents for the claims (there were two) wasn't clearly listed on the site (and the link wasn't working for the list of required documents) so this needs to be improved upon. After filing the claims, I waited a few months to allow time for processing, but no movement happened. After calling the customer service line, the lady was very helpful and was able to satisfy the claim quickly in the end. The 3 overall rating is because of needing to call to "prod" the progression of the claim... This shouldn't have been necessary, but I'm glad there wasn't a lot of fuss in the end.

I had a great, easy refund experience with Allianz. The form was simple and I loved that I was able to complete it online, and that the response time was very fast. I would definitely recommend Allianz and plan to use them in the future for any travel needs.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Received a court order to appear in court so I purchase tickets and at the end of my purchase insurance was offered. I picked up the phone and called Allianz and ask. "If a judge cancel a trial and I do not need to fly can I cancel my flight and get my fare back if I purchase travel information?" Yes you have the order to appear in court then the judge cancels.

So what do I do. I purchase the insurance and the judge canceling the trial. I file the claim submitted the order to appear the email sent telling me that both attorney reached an agreement and the judge canceling the trial. You all still did not refund my money. This was the worst experience I ever had with airline and insurance. I know for sure I will never buy insurance from Allianz Global Assistance. Your customer service rep was rude and refuse to take the information when I called in after get an email stating that my claim will not be refunded. Now I'm out $700 simply because I trusted the word of someone from your company. Never again! I will for now on tell everyone I come in contact with to stay away from Allianz Global Assistance. Even if I have to post it on every site that allow a comment

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allianz Global Assistance?

I purchased this insurance on a trip to Colorado with hopes of not having to use it. As luck would have it, my daughter became ill and was unable to travel. My plane tickets were non refundable and cost me nearly $900. I filed my claim by printing the forms from the website and then uploading them into my claim. All of this was done online and did not require a phone call. Once my forms and documentation were uploaded the claim was processed quickly and I received a check in the mail for the full purchase price of the tickets! Money well spent!! Very user friendly!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We purchased a policy to cover my daughter's trip to Costa Rica. She fell and sprained her ankle while there and had to see a doctor. Allianz's claim submission process was easy and fair, and we received reimbursement for the medical cost in less than a week! I was very pleasantly surprised and happy we purchased the coverage, will do so again for every vacation from now on!

Ticket needed to be cancelled due to military orders change, no issues with this and received money back. Mother in law needed to fly to watch son since father was going on military orders. Mother of son works full time 12-14 hour days and is unable to place child in daycare due to hours.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I don't normally book travel insurance on overseas flights but I did this time and I unexpectedly had to cancel my trip due to high risk pregnancy. My trip was scheduled to take place close to the start of my third trimester and it was the safest decision to make. Allianz worked with me to file the claim, gave me no trouble and processed it in record time. They made the experience hassle free which was much appreciated.

Do not think I will ever travel again without a travel insurance policy. Great service for refunding costs of extra day for canceled flight. Easy to file, easy to document, check received within a week. No question, a great service. A five hour flight became 32 hours and they covered everything. Nice.

I used Allianz before and they are still just as good. My refund was deposited into my account in a few days. I recommend to always used them when traveling. I phone in advance when I knew there was an issue and they allowed me to choose how I wanted to go about the ticket and refund. I love it!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Mario was very helpful in explaining what I needed to do to be reimbursed for our trip interruption. My dad and I were to make a flight to Thunder Bay, Ontario for my niece's, his grand-daughter's, wedding. There were severe thunderstorms in Dallas/Fort Worth area and no airplanes were flying in or out the Monday morning we were to fly. American said they could get us in the afternoon about 4:40 and we would get into Toronto by 11:30 pm which would cause us to miss our connecting flight on Air Canada to Thunder Bay.

I asked if we could go the next morning and do the same schedule. American could do that but Air Canada charged me a fee for the change. We were to stay in a Hampton Inn in Thunder Bay and they also charged a change fee. Mario told me to email the receipts and fill out the forms online which I did. I received the check in the mail shortly after I got home about week later. Thank you for your kind, clear and prompt attention of this matter.

Our claim was processed in a very efficient and timely manner. Personnel very professional and helpful. The filing process was very simple as well. The website was Very user-friendly and easy to navigate. Would highly recommend to friends and family.

Our travel agent included the cost of the policy in the quoted cost of the trip. When I had an allergic reaction on board, I saw the doctor. I mentioned this to my travel agent and she helped us fill out the required paperwork - A simple one page form - and submitted everything for us. When we returned home a week later, the check was in our mailbox!!! Excellent service from both our travel agent and Allianz!!! I will never leave home again without it!!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was very impressed with the professionalism of Allianz Global Assistance. They immediately helped me with lodging and my voucher for breakfast. I submitted my claim with all receipts via online! It was investigated and claimed solved immediately. I highly recommend Travel Insurance for peace of mind.

My father in law ended up in the hospital a day before our trip. At the time we still planned on going. When we arrived at the shuttle the next day we received a phone call stating he may not make it. We turned around and went back to the hospital. Thankful he pulled through. I filed a claim to get our money and we received it within 10 days of mailing it. I will definitely buy our insurance from here again.

I am very pleased the way Allianz handled my request for reimbursement for my travel delay due to bad weather, which caused my flights to be delayed for an extra day. The forms were easy to navigate and their response was quick.

The refund process was easy and quick. I submitted the documents and I got the response within 5 days. Then I got a refund that I was satisfied with. I feel my trip is guaranteed when I buy insurance from Allianz. Thank you and I will choose Allianz next time!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I filed a claim for expenses after our flight from Miami to Saint Louis was delayed for a day due to weather. I submitted the documentation for my expenses and Allianz paid my claim quickly. I was very happy with the service that I received from Allianz.

Received my refund. However, I was told refund would be processed and returned to my card. However, I was sent a paper check and wasn't aware of it. I called in to inquire about refund because it was past the ten days that I was told I should receive it by. The representative then told me she was going to cancel check that was already sent & resend it. I told her it didn't make sense, I wasn't checking for paper check, I was checking my card, I didn't know if check had came or not but I will go to post office and check for it. The representative didn't comprehend canceling a check that had been sent and resending a new one will prolong the process. It was a little irritating.

Due to circumstances beyond my control that I had to cancel my flight, the airlines was charging me $125 to cancel it. I thought that Allianz wouldn't reimburse me because it wasn't a medical problem. However, Allianz immediately reimbursed the charge. I am buying their insurance for all my trips!

TA provided timely service and an expeditious resolution of my claim for delayed travel. I will always use them and will highly recommend them to friends and family when traveling. TA's policy really saved me on in budgeted expenses due to my air carrier's multiple failures to get me to my destination.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Great service, timely, easy to use refund process and received refund very fast. Would recommend and will tell my friends. Company seems to stand behind their word in service. I appreciate the attention to my needs and response. Thank you.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

The service was very accurate and quick. We needed to file a claim and the forms were easy and quick to file. We would recommend this service to our friends and family. Thank you very much for making our trip more enjoyable.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I recently submitted a claim for one night lost in our pre-paid apartment in Italy due to the airline's delay. I included copies of our itinerary, the original boarding passes, the new boarding passes (for a flight 1.5 days later), the letter from the airline admitting blame, and the receipt for our apartment. Allianz was very quick in accepting our claim and issuing the requested settlement. I will continue using Allianz as my go-to travel insurance company.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

This is the fourth time I have insured my trips with this insurance company. They were extremely helpful when I contacted them about my cancellation. They told me where I could find the necessary materials on the internet and exactly what I needed from the airlines. Within 10 days I had a check from the insurance company. Sorry to say the check was damaged by the U.S. Postal Service and could not be cashed. Your insurance company said they would sent me a replacement check within 10 days. I will continue to buy trip insurance from this company whenever I take a trip.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Your company provides affordable, reliable insurance for us travelers. I always buy it, it is easy to buy. I have used it on 2 occasions and filing claims is quick and easy too! I won't travel without Allianz. No one should leave home without it!

The online form is easy to use and was prompt to handle my claim with ample amount of notification and delivery of what I sought out. I would totally recommend this to a friend who is in need of travel insurance or anything else.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We always purchase trip insurance. This was our third trip where we had a claim. The claim process was easy and hassle-free. Our claim was approved within 2 weeks and we had our benefit paid 4 weeks after submitting our claim. Great service!

It was a very good customer experience. The forms and initial automated emails were a little confusing. But I was able to figure them out. The only thing I would recommend is clearer directions on which documents are needed for the trip cancellation. But overall I was happy with the process and the result.

Allianz Global Assistance Company Profile