It's that easy Request Information
4.57/5
Based on 1,880 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than 100 years, Allianz has been providing security and assurance to people around the world. Whether you’ve lost luggage on a trip, your roof was damaged in a storm, you lost your job or would like to retire, Allianz has your back.

Allianz Global Assistance Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3626 Allianz Global Assistance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

This is my first time to use Allianz Travel Insurance. Their representatives are very friendly, when I ask about my claim's information. The procedure is simple and receives compensation within ten days, this is worthy of praise. I will continue to use Allianz service.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

A super typhoon was in our path while on a cruise and caused us to miss our flight and our hotel reservation. We didn't receive any help from our travel agent, but was told by Allianz to fill out the paperwork when we got home. It was easy to fill out the forms and we were reimbursed quickly. Thank you Allianz!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We purchased travel insurance for a recent trip to Scotland. The airlines cancelled our outgoing flight, delaying our arrival by more than 24 hours, thus missing our first night's stay at the hotel. The entire trip was pre-paid. When I filed a claim with all the documentation, Allianz said they don't cover pre-paid items. There is nothing in the booklet that stated this. The Customer Service rep was double talking me. And tried to twist the words of what the coverage was...again, there is nothing that states pre-paid items are not covered. Why would I have purchased trip insurance on a pre-paid trip? Nothing stated they did not cover such items. I will never purchase from this group again. Frustrating and I feel that we were hoodwinked.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

In early May, we booked a trip on American Airlines to Arizona to meet family and friends from Chicago for a week in Sedona at the end of July. From there we were going to Chicago with them and flying back to Florida in August. The trip was booked as 3 separate one-way flights, fortunately all insured with Allianz. In late May, my husband went to the emergency room with what has turned out to be the start of a summer filled with doctor and hospital visits while they diagnose his ongoing kidney problems and decide what needs to be done. As a result, his doctor told us he should not travel and we canceled all 3 flights. I filed claims online, scanned and submitted the e-tickets online, called Allianz to find out what additional documentation would be needed, and got a letter from the doctor, which I also scanned and submitted online.

All the claims were reviewed and have now been paid. The insurance saved us close to $1000 in canceled airfares and everything was handled in a timely fashion. The list of necessary documentation on the website is very extensive, so I suggest calling the very helpful customer service people to find out what they need for a given situation. My only negative comment is that on all three submissions, I asked for direct deposit of the refunds, but for two, I was sent checks instead. The third actually was made via direct deposit. I have no idea why and decided since we received the refunds, it wasn't worth calling about. We're seniors and things happen, so we have been using trip insurance from Allianz for several years when booking flights and will definitely be using it in the future.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Thank you for your quick settlement of my claim. Your website was easy to work with and uploading the required documentation was very simple. The website was very good at telling me what to send so that there were no delays.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allianz Global Assistance?

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Yes would recommend to a friend. The insured was ill and unable to complete the travel plans on the dates of travel. It was very easy to complete the forms. The company was quick and efficient with their response of a check.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I've tried multiple times to submit a claim for this policy, both immediately after the event and today. I also sent an email concerning the error message I receive each time I attempt to submit: "An unexpected error occurred." What do I need to do?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I needed a doctor while traveling abroad. When I returned to the states, I filled out the required forms for the claim, attached the receipts. Filing was fast and easy. And I received payment within 2 weeks. I am very pleased and will purchase again when I travel.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I thought the process to handle a refund was easy and quick. Thank you for your help when I called and they explained exactly what they needed to provide a refund for a cancelled trip that we were unable to take.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Thank you for processing my claim so quickly! I bought the policy because I thought that I would have to extend the length of my visit to care for my mother who was having surgery. I never imagined that I would get injured the day before I was scheduled to leave and be unable to travel. You made a bad situation easier to handle!!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

The processing of this request was on the slow side. And on a previous land more complex request they at first denied some items without telling me which items they denied or why and which they approved or how much for each item. They should provide details and interim feedback.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

My claim was processed faster than I ever expected. Everything was perfect and the payment came within a week of filing the papers. The process was very easy. I only have good things to say about this insurance. I will definitely take this trip cancellation insurance again.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

As of mid August still no resolution. They do not assign one agent to one case as I have been referred to at least a dozen agents in at least 2 offices and given the runaround even though they committed to pay back in February.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Really really appreciated the easy process of filing a claim. Was stressed about money upon arrival back into the states, knowing that there were unaccounted for expenses. Thank you for the piece of mind and for sending the check in such a timely manner.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I bought the insurance for a trip I had planned to London and Dublin. Everything went fine in Europe, but when I returned to the USA, the Philadelphia airport shut down for weather leaving me unable to complete the last leg of my trip back to my home in Nashville. Because the airport was completely shut down, there were very few hotel rooms available. The only room I could find was $400. The airline was not responsible since weather was the cause. Because I had been traveling for 21 hours and didn't want to spend the night in the airport I booked the hotel. After finally arriving home the next evening I looked at my policy and saw that it covered the expense of the hotel. I made a claim online on Monday and had my reimbursement by Saturday. It was so easy! Just make sure you keep your receipts.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

I was stranded in London due to a hotel canceling on me within 24 hours of my arrival and in the middle of high season. I had to pay much more than my original booking in order to stay in the same area I was supposed to be in. When I returned to the USA, I filed a claim with Allianz. They paid me the difference within 10 days of me filling out the information. I used Allianz again on a trip to Bermuda and I'll use them for my next trip as well.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I submitted a claim resulting from expenses incurred due to travel delays when traveling home from our Alaskan vacation. Allianz managed my claim quickly (less than 10 days!) and met my request for compensation related to my travel delay. I highly recommend this coverage to protect your vacation plans!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I became ill before I was supposed to travel and Allianz followed through with helping me get reimbursed for my plane ticket. Allianz had a very easy to follow website and very clear communication during my experience working with them. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

We have been purchasing travel insurance for over 20 years now and this is the first time I have had to use any travel insurance to file a claim and found it to be a quick and easy claim process... Fast determination... Will definitely use Allianz again...

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I was very pleased with the handling of the claim I filed following our trip to Florida. Our flight was delayed by 9 hrs because of inclement weather that caused us to miss our connecting flight. I received the reimbursement check in a timely manner.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I purchased insurance for this trip as I am traveling with a 73-year-old and thought she may get injured before our trip to Glacier National. Well, joke is on me. I fractured my pelvis riding my bike. The Allianz paperwork was fairly easy and I received a reimbursement right away. I did not purchase insurance on my other two trips and I was charged $100 per flight to get a credit that I probably won't use as I won't be able to travel before it expires. I am trying to go through my visa card to see if I am protected that way. The paperwork was more difficult. My sister purchased her flight with her Southwest card and is out of luck for any reimbursement on West Jet and Delta (purchased through West Jet). Thank you Allianz. From now on, I will always purchased insurance.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Online claim submission process was easy but would have liked for it to be processed quicker than it was. No follow up was needed so overall very pleased with the process. A good investment when elderly or infirmed need to travel.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

Was unable to travel due to my wife's injury. I had purchased insurance when I booked a hotel stay. I'm glad I did. The claim process was very simple and straightforward. And they honored my claim within a few days!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

It took about 45 minutes to scan 8 documents and put them in the correct sections. I would have been much easier to scan them all in only 1 document. Also, it would have been nice to get an email when the claim was approved as opposed to looking it up on the claim website.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

This is the first time I have purchased travel insurance. It was easy to file the claim for reimbursement of a $200 change fee and processed quickly by Allianz. Our plans were changed due to concerns over a tropical depression. A must do for international travel.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

I have bought many times travel insurance policies from different insurance companies. Allianz Global insurance company is the best one. Highly recommended! The reasons are: 1. buy their policy is easy: just fill the form online; 2. claim is also very easy: just fill the form online and submit your support document online; 3. claim processing is fast and no hassle: I filled a baggage delay claim. After 10 business days, I got my refund. In the future, I will definitely purchase the travel insurance from Allianz again. 5 STARS!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

After a significant flight delay of 20 hours, we needed to get a hotel room. Allianz was easy to work with and quickly (within less than a week) refunded the cost of our hotel and meal for the night we were delayed. It was the easiest experience I've ever had working with any kind of insurance company. Bravo!

Original review: Aug. 12, 2018

After our return from a trip to Europe we filed a claim for the cost of 2 doctor visits and the prescribed medication and Allianz Global Assistance reimbursed us in full within 3 weeks. Very nice and thank you.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

I had an extremely easy and great result using this insurance. When I got hung up on the website I called customer service and the gentleman was extremely helpful and courteous. The process was relatively simple and I would highly recommend this insurance for travel situations.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

We are very pleased with your rapid response to our claim. Everything was handled in the most professional manner and the filing process was simple and efficient. We will definitely use your service in the future when we travel locally or internationally. We will recommend you to all our friends and family members who will be traveling soon. Thank you very much.

Allianz Global Assistance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Allianz Global Assistance has a long history in the industry. They were the insurer on the Wright brothers' flight and on the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge.

• Instant online quoting: Plan a trip and get travel insurance, all in just a few minutes.

• Annual coverage available: Frequent travelers often find annual coverage more affordable.

• Tiered-coverage options: Get as much or as little coverage as you need with four different product tiers on single-trip service.

• See state options: Individual states have different regulations regarding travel insurance, so see what is available in your state, within moments.

• Kids ride free: Children under 17 are automatically included in the price with the Classic Plan or Classic Plan Trip+ tiers.

• Best for: Party animals, workaholics, adventurers and family trippers.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky

23286-4684
866-884-3556
www.allianztravelinsurance.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business