It's that easy Request Information
4.53/5
Based on 1,762 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than 100 years, Allianz has been providing security and assurance to people around the world. Whether you’ve lost luggage on a trip, your roof was damaged in a storm, you lost your job or would like to retire, Allianz has your back.

Allianz Global Assistance Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

3883 Allianz Global Assistance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

Worst company ever, had claim for hospital in Ft. Myers, Florida January 2018 for $342.00. They still haven’t paid the hospital so they have put it to collections agency. I get 2-3 call month. After 9 months of not paying told by Allianz they are negotiating lower bill. They don’t care about insured credit ratings. Would not give a star but one to make comments.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Insurance delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

On September 30, I received an email from Allianz: Claim number: ** asking me to "Please allow 10 business days for us to review this documentation." Twenty days have passed and this request for review of service is the first communication I've received from Allianz. I think my request was straightforward and very reasonable. It should require minimal time to process and approve.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I purchased 5 tickets from the Aer Lingus website for travel to Ireland. The night of travel, at the airport, my 15 year old did not want to fly. He had flown numerous times before no problems. He did not travel. I filed a claim which was denied. When I tried to discuss my point of view the representative could not engage in a response other than to say it was denied. My perspective is that airlines, in most cases will voucher or in some way rebook due to weather. They are responsible for mechanical failures so what is covered other than medical. Why get the insurance and no one reads the details in the rental car, airline and other agreements. They should have put it in bold what they cover, in simple plain to read coverage. I am contacting Aer Lingus now to see their opinion of the situation.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I was very pleased with how quickly my claim was processed and how quickly I received the money! This is the first time I have purchased travel insurance and had to use it... I will definitely purchase travel insurance again in the future!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Prompt payment of claim due to illness. No questioning validity of doctors validation of illness. No questioning that airline tickets were non-refundable. Notification that all need information had been submitted. Easy online instructions on how to file a claim and what backup information is needed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allianz Global Assistance?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Was happy with the outcome. The insurance I purchased was very much worth every penny considered the amount of money I would have lost. The claim process was very easy, just make sure you keep your information and policy info in your inbox! Although I knew that the "decision" would be in my favor, it still took longer than noted. That was a bummer and worried me a bit that my info was lost on a desk someplace. But it all worked out. I'm sure there are many claims that are being dealt with daily.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I was very pleased with your service. It was easy to file. Payment was quick. I will use your insurance in the future and recommend it to friends and family. Cancellation was due to health issues and surgery that was required but discovered only 2 days prior to flight.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Taylor was fantastic at helping me with my travel insurance. I had a medical emergency which landed me in the hospital, causing me to miss my planned trip to Chicago. He was very empathetic and explained the whole process. He made sure I understood and had all the info needed, and I was quickly reimbursed.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I became ill and had to have surgery just days prior to me leaving on my dream vacation to Alaska in August 2018. Allianz Global Assistance services was great in the handling of my claim. The paperwork was fairly easy to complete.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Thank you all for the excellent customer service in regards to my recent policy and failed trip. It was both easy dealing with the claim submission and fast since no questions asked, which was greatly appreciated as I was not expecting such a quick reply. Thank you again!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Change flight plans due to illness. All of a sudden got terribly sick, I was in CA and I live in Florida. This was worse ever, scared of having to go to hospital, all I wanted was to get home to my Dr. so I had to change my flight earlier to get home. What I was having was a gallbladder attack, I did not realize how bad, but I am having surgery next week to get it removed. They were great to file my claim and they paid promptly. Thank you, I use this company every time I fly, you never know with my age what could happen. I will again as always.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

First-rate company. Thank you for making what could have been a bad experience a smooth one. Your company was courteous and prompt. I would definitely recommend your service to friends and family. I give the overall experience a 5-star rating.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

The online form was very easy to submit for insurance and a claim but the phone agent was a little confusing. I tried calling for more information because I thought I was missing information and was instructed to submit what I had and I could submit the rest later.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Airline ticket refund - We had to cancel a flight due to a medical reason. We submitted the required documents and received a check in the mail with the full amount of our ticket cost only a week later. The process was seamless. Thank you for making it so easy.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Your service was exceptional!! The reporting process was very easy. Filling out the paperwork was self-explanatory, and reimbursement was very quick. I will definitely use your insurance again, and will recommend it to all my family members and other people I know.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Received refund on my return flight to Indiana due to breaking my hip in California. Asked for a refund of $264.30 - half of my original round-trip ticket and received a check. Was very pleased with the service and the quickness of the check.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

The reason I did not give a five star was because when I went to website to do a claim, I kept getting the message that I did not have a valid policy. When I called the first time I was not able to speak with a person. The second day I tried I was able to speak with someone. This person was very helpful regarding the forms and documents I needed. The claim was approved faster than I expected and the check also arrived faster than expected.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I was able to get the monies spent refunded for my trip I was unable to take. Unfortunately, I did not receive a credit for the American Airlines award miles I spent for the trip. I would recommend purchasing insurance when you are unsure if your trip plans may be changed.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Refund for one canceled night hotel stay several weeks away. Thank you for the swift fair refund for my one-night hotel stay. Your representatives were kind and professional. Heartless Priceline and the Club Quartets hotel would not refund a one night stay although I was diagnosed with a severe and permanent eye condition that hampered my trip to NYC.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I use Allianz for every trip, solo or family, domestic or global. Thankfully, I have only had to make 2 small claims in 5 years but the ease of filing and the high level of courtesy and caring from this organization and its staff is to be commended. High rating on customer service.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I have to say, everyone that helped us through this process with Allianz was very positive. We had to cancel my flight due to my mother in law getting ill and needing my care. The total refund of my flight cost was refunded quickly and efficiently. I’d also like to add that everyone I spoke to hoped that everything with mom got better quickly. An extra personal and caring group. A big thank you for making this difficult time a bit easier.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Papers emailed October 10 - I emailed the info and have received no response. My husband has been diagnosed with a brain tumor and cannot fly. He was diagnosed in August and had no symptoms until a week before diagnosis. I would appreciate some response telling me if I wasn’t correct in my documentation.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Everything was handled exactly as stated in the terms and conditions. However, you must carefully read and consider them before purchasing the policy. When booking a ticket, an impression is given that all situations will be covered. However, this is far from accurate.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We had to cancel and re-book our flight due to medical issues. I have never made a travel insurance claim before and was very impressed with Allianz's prompt response. They reimbursed our Trip Cancellation fee and deposited the money directly into our checking account within a week.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I am actually surprised to see how fast things were done by Allianz. They resolved my issue with Delta Airline in no time. The whole processing took less than 10 days. Great job and it's all my pleasure to recommend you to everyone.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

My plans changed due to Hurricane Florence and involved changes and ultimately cancellations. They were awesome and made the whole disappointment of not seeing my family and attending a family wedding less disappointing. I know it was a very busy time for them and it was all handled very rapidly. Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I was very pleased with the promptness of the refund that I received for my canceled airline purchase. I usually don't buy the insurance on my trips, but was glad that I had this time. I submitted my request and funds arrived so I could pay off the charge.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I had an overnight flight delay and had to get a hotel, dinner, etc. I called your agent who was wonderful and told me just how to proceed. He started a case that I was able to activate when I returned home several days later. I was stressed and he kindly eased that and assured me it would be taken care of. He was correct. I filed a claim and sent in receipts. I was compensated within a month. I always get the insurance when I fly Alaska. Thanks so much.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

Unfortunately, my daughter had a medical issue onboard a cruise, we purchased Allianz insurance prior to our trip. After providing all the necessary information they refunded everything that was not covered under our medical insurance policy. When I called the customer service agent was very helpful and pleasant. Definitely will use again.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

We weren't able to complete our trip from Buffalo NY to Charleston, SC as hurricane Florence closed down the area. Allianz handled our claim - and quickly refunded our costs. Hats off - that's why I use them every time I fly... which is often.

Allianz Global Assistance expert review by Matthew Brodsky

Allianz Global Assistance has a long history in the industry. They were the insurer on the Wright brothers' flight and on the construction of the Golden Gate Bridge.

• Instant online quoting: Plan a trip and get travel insurance, all in just a few minutes.

• Annual coverage available: Frequent travelers often find annual coverage more affordable.

• Tiered-coverage options: Get as much or as little coverage as you need with four different product tiers on single-trip service.

• See state options: Individual states have different regulations regarding travel insurance, so see what is available in your state, within moments.

• Kids ride free: Children under 17 are automatically included in the price with the Classic Plan or Classic Plan Trip+ tiers.

• Best for: Party animals, workaholics, adventurers and family trippers.

Profile picture of Matthew Brodsky