2. Travel
  3. Travel Insurance

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.29/5
Based on 1,463 ratings submitted in the last year

Allianz Global Assistance is one of the largest travel insurance companies and offers proven trip protection for vacations across the world. Allianz travel insurance helps cover the cost of delays, medical expenses and even cancellations. Plus, coverage also includes free access to assistance services like interpreters.

Allianz Global Assistance Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allianz Global Assistance?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allianz Global Assistance?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

My trip to Cancun in August was cancelled due to COVID 19. I am a high school teacher, and I cannot leave anywhere due to my work from September to June. The offer I received from Interjet was an extension to complete the travel before Oct 06 2020. Sun Palace did not offer anything officially. I asked for an extension to August 2021 so that I can use it. I was declined by both Interjet and Sun Palace.

I explained this clearly to Allianz Global Insurance. Then they declined to reimburse me any amount, not even for the resort despite they did not offer me anything stating that I was offered credit from Interjet and Sun Palace. I attached an email stating that as a proof. Also I explained clearly why the offer from Interjet is useless, and they seemed they understood, but then declined. It seems Allianz Global Insurance only does not care a claimant's situation. Their decision was very inconsiderate and/or unreasonable. Very disappointed since I thought this company cares about people.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2020

I was diagnosed with covid-19 and Allianz helped me get a refund in a quick and timely manner. The process was easy and I appreciate their help in a tough time. The online directions were clear and simple and easy to follow. I recommend this company and look forward to using them again in the future.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

We have used Allianz in the past and this is the second time we have needed to file a claim. Both times Allianz reimbursed us and helped us with our travel issues. We had to cancel our trip this month due to health issues and after we sent the requested information, our claim was filed and closed within a few days. Very impressive! Not only do we recommend Allianz, we encourage travelers to protect their travel through them!

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I had to cancel my reservation because of a injury to my right ankle. Have a torn tendon that made it impossible to drive or enjoy a desert vacation. Everyone at Allianz treated me great, and I will always use Allianz when I travel in the future!! Thanks to all who worked with me.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

We had to cancel our planned camp rental with another family after a close relative became ill. I'm especially grateful for the excellent assistance I received from McKenzie ** in completing the process and submitting the application. Once we collected and submitted all of the required documentation, our refund was sent promptly. Thank you!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

Very easy process to submit a claim, everything was done online. Allianz was quick to request supporting documents and process my claim. Would have liked a little more money for my lost camcorder. I received 300 for my handyman which I paid 525 for 12 months ago, but I understand depreciation. Very quick to respond, fast and easy process. Would definitely recommend, I know I will be using them again.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I was VERY pleased with the ease in filing a claim online and the PROMPT reply and payment, delivered directly to my bank account. I highly recommend Allianz for trip insurance! You never know when things will happen to change your travel plans at the last minute. With insurance, it’s better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

I was planned to go to Vegas with my BFF. Unfortunately she got sick, really sick. They refunded my trip. I have been an Interval international member for many years. I have always purchased the insurance. Interval has always been great. I knew that they would only partner with the best. My BFF just finished her last rad. treatment, came thru and now mending. This company was awesome during a very difficult time.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

It did take a little while going back and forth with paperwork. However, they were great in the end. Very satisfied. I had to make the calls to follow up but they would respond and eventually the insurance came thru. First insurance company that actually paid out. Pleasantly surprised.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2020

Easy online process to request a refund. Excellent and timely response! Received refund within 48 hours! Fantastic experience with Allianz Global Assistance. Would not hesitate to insure my next trip with them. Worth the price of insurance to safeguard the value of your trip.

Allianz Global Assistance Company Information