Allianz Global Assistance Request Information
ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Request Information
Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.48/5
Based on 1,521 ratings submitted in the last year

For more than 100 years, Allianz has been providing security and assurance to people around the world. Whether you’ve lost luggage on a trip, your roof was damaged in a storm, you lost your job or would like to retire, Allianz has your back.

Allianz Global Assistance Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More
Allianz Global Assistance Request Information

Allianz Global Assistance Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

We took out this insurance at the suggestion of our travel agent. Unfortunately we ran into a situation and had to submit a claim. To my surprise, the process was quick, easy and fair. The agent I spoke with was helpful and kind. I would recommend it to anyone planning a vacation.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I was told that my insurance would not cover assisting me in getting return flight when my original flight was canceled, and only for "delay" expenses up to $150. Even after I explained that the airline did not have a flight option for me at that point. So I was stuck an extra 2 days before the airline itself could help get me home (airline would not upgrade me to higher class even though there were seats available) which meant lost income, increased expenses for parking, and patients not seen.

I was shocked when I was told the only thing I was told this insurance would cover was a hotel/meals/transportation up to $150. Thankfully I didn't need hotel as I was able to stay with family because 2 nights in a hotel, meals, and transportation would have been well over $150 in that area. Very disappointed as I thought this insurance was to help me when these things happen.

Allianz Global Assistance response

Dear Jennifer,

Thank you for posting on Consumer Affairs and providing me with the opportunity me to respond to your comment. I'm very sorry to hear about your frustration with the plan you purchased and your claims experience. If you'd like a second look at your claim, please email your claim number to Help.Team@allianzassistance.com. I'll be sure to share your feedback with management, and we will use it as an opportunity to address improvements.

Sincerely,

Alexandria

Help Team USA

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Due to the earthquakes in PR I felt I would be safer if I canceled my trip for now. Placed a claim online for a penalty charge that the airline imposed on me for cancelling. The turnaround time for a refund was less than than they told me. Overall experience with Allianz, pain free. I would purchase insurance again.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I missed my train because the bus was late because of a 4 hour traffic delay on interstate. I had to get a motel room. I remembered I had travel insurance, I really didn’t figure it would pay for my additional out of pocket expenses. It was quick and easy to file a claim. I scanned proof of tickets, cost of motel and in a very short time they reimbursed the cost of my motel. I was so surprised at how easy it was and how quickly they paid.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

We were happy to get our refund for a recent trip to Salt Lake City because my husband got sick. It was easy, no hassle. I am happy we purchased this insurance and we will highly recommend it to others.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allianz Global Assistance?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

This is EXACTLY WHY you should always purchase trip insurance. We were forced to stay overnight at our connection location and the airline forgot a room for a travel companion. She was forced to pay out of pocket for that mistake. She submitted proof of expenses and she was courteously and quickly compensated. I would recommend Allianz to all my fellow travelers.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

This is the second time I have had to use Allianz in the last year. I am impressed with their client care and help they have given me. Both incidents were trip cancellations due to illness. After completing my paperwork I was refunded my flights within 10 days. Allianz has been great to deal with.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I initially purchased the insurance because we had a parent having surgery. Booking so far in advance, I was afraid we might have to cancel for health reasons. We ended up going on our trip but it had a long delay due to flooding at the airport. We never expected something like that but the claim process was very easy. I would highly recommend the insurance in the future. You never know what can happen.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

Excellent service provided by the claim's department and received payment as promised, dealt with airline after I canceled my trip with the airliner. Just provide the documents they require to file claim and done! In future, purchase with Allianz every time we travel.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I was unable to make my flight due to the flu. I was reimbursed within two weeks for my missed flight. I will be getting insurance for every trip moving forward. This is a great feature to offer your customers.

Allianz Global Assistance Company Information