It's that easy Request Information
4.25/5
Based on 1,365 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For more than 100 years, Allianz has been providing security and assurance to people around the world. Whether you’ve lost luggage on a trip, your roof was damaged in a storm, you lost your job or would like to retire, Allianz has your back.

Allianz Global Assistance Gallery (4)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

4551 Allianz Global Assistance Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: May 2, 2019

Had hoped that if I ever needed to use one of these travel policies that it would be straightforward and worthwhile. Had to cancel a hotel reservation due to bad weather that canceled a flight. Glad I had the policy. It worked!

Original review: May 2, 2019

I received help over the phone from a real person, and that helped me navigate a set of questions that not all applied to me. After uploading the docs required, refund was very quick. Thank you - I hated missing the trip, but didn't suffer the insult of losing the > $1000 invested in making it happen.

Original review: May 2, 2019

On a recent trip, a health issue required me to alter my travel plans. Always been skeptical about purchasing travel insurance but Allianz changed my mind. They handled my situation efficiently and professionally. Will never travel without it because you just never know. Better have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I had a great experience with Allianz. It was easy to submit a claim and I received my funds quickly. The entire process was very straightforward and I would not hesitate to suggest this to any of my friends and family.

Original review: May 2, 2019

My family had a trip planned for Key West for approximately the last 8 or 9 months. I had never purchased travel insurance before however this time I did. Three days prior to our departure date my youngest son is diagnosed with pneumonia and sepsis and admitted to a hospital. He is in the hospital for a full five days so the trip has to be canceled. I submitted a written note from the doctor along with additional receipts from what was already paid for for the trip. Five days later I have the insurance money deposited into my account. The process could not have been easier during an already difficult time. Not only is your child in the hospital but you are missing out on a much-needed vacation. I will definitely be using Allianz Global for my next vacation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Allianz Global Assistance?

Original review: May 2, 2019

Airline fare refund. This was quick and uncomplicated at a time when we were suffering. Much appreciated. My wife was dealing with kidney cancer, we had massive medical expenses and were not ready to deal with red tape and unnecessary questions. Thank you.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Do not buy... I will never buy concert insurance again. I have literally wasted money and given it to them. Complete rip off. They expect you to jump thru hoops when you become sick. If I felt like filling in all of the paperwork for a refund and getting a Dr note from where I went to the Dr like I am in elementary school... I would go to the concert!! I easily could give and prove all of my claim but I would rather spend my time telling and warning people to not purchase this policy ever!!!

E West,

I'm sorry it was such a difficult and frustrating claims experience for you. Submitting documentation is a key spot that can trip some folks up after initially submitting their claim. Sometimes specific documentation is requested, for example, a note from a physician. As we wish one's word would be enough for reimbursement, supporting documentation is required to confirm that a cancellation was made for a covered reason and for reimbursement. Thank you for sharing and providing us with the opportunity to respond to your comment. We will share your feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve in the future.

Original review: May 1, 2019

It was hard enough to have to miss out on a trip I was looking forward to. Typically, I would hesitate to purchase a policy for a flight because I thought it was just another money pit. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that it was a great investment! Not only was filing my claim easy, but the staff who worked with me to ensure my claim was carried through were friendly, helpful, and competent. Thank you for renewing my faith in purchasing flight insurance! I will do it again (but I hope I don't ever have to use it again). It was totally worth it.

Original review: May 1, 2019

3/19/2019 - Spoke to Fabian at 4:52 pm Hawaii time to start a trip cancellation claim. I was told to submit proof of payment, itinerary, proof of cancellation, and physician statement. I was then given the claim# **. I submitted the documents and waited 10 days before I reached out Allianz. 3/28/2019 - Spoke to George at 10am Hawaii time to check on status of claim. He told me that there was no claim in the system because my claim of the change fee had already been paid and therefore I couldn't file another claim. He then transferred me to Ben. Ben told me that in 24-48hrs I should hear back from Allianz. 4/1/2019 - Spoke to Fernando at 8am Hawaii time. He told me they needed more time.

4/3/2019 - Spoke to Theresa at 8:19am Hawaii time. She transferred me to Erica who told me she completely understood and that there should be no problem filing my claim. She told me to wait 48-72 hrs. 4/9/2019 - Spoke to Laura at 8:48am Hawaii time. Explained everything again for the 7th time. 4/12/2019 - Spoke to James at 7:12 am Hawaii time. Then spoke to Zuri, Julia, and Tom. Each time I spoke to someone I had to retell my story. I have submitted all documentation asked and on some occasions multiple times. Each time I was told either 10 business days or 48 to 72 hrs. Most recently Allianz received 9 pieces of documentation on April 16. I waited 10 business days only to be told first by Julia that the doctors notes to match the right days, which was inaccurate. Then Tom told me the only thing he can do for me is set up a callback. I am beyond frustrated. Hopefully, this can get resolved ASAP!

Michele,

Thank you for posting on Consumer Affairs and providing us with the opportunity to respond to your comment. We will share your feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve. I'm terribly sorry for your difficult claim experience. I completely understand your frustration and want to make this better for you. Please email your claim number to me so I can research your case.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I had to cancel the trip due to medical reasons. The claim process was easy and understandable to do. I was kept receiving updates during the process. The results were accomplished on time, I will use Allianz again in my next trip. Thank you.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I'm extremely unsatisfied with my experience with Allianz Global Assistance USA. I purchased the insurance coverage for my flights to/from California during the summer of 2019. Unfortunately, my trip had to be canceled due to financial reasons, and Allianz would not refund my tickets. I provided proof of cancelation and all other required documents, but I was told that the reasoning behind the flight cancelation was not good enough. They would not refund me. The whole point of purchasing flight insurance coverage is to protect you in case something happens and the flight is canceled. But Allianz will only cover certain incidents, and I feel like that is not transparent enough. I didn't know they wouldn't cover my "incident" reason, which happened to be a fairly common reason people cancel flights. I've found better coverage options from a credit card company (when flights are purchased via the credit card). I do not recommend this service.

Danielle,

Thank you for posting on Consumer Affairs and providing us with the opportunity to respond to your comment. We will share your feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve. I'm sorry the coverage didn't meet your needs and expectations. I do understand this is frustrating, but we want our customers to be informed of their coverage before and after purchase, which is why we link to the terms and conditions in our ads and include them in the email configuration which is sent to you after purchase. I do understand this is frustrating, but we want our customers to be informed of their coverage before and after purchase, which is why we link to the terms and conditions in our ads and include them in the email configuration which is sent to you after purchase. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you or if you have any questions in the future.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I had to make a claim for health care while traveling in Jamaica. Allianz was extremely quick, and efficient in processing my claim. This was important to me since the cost was $490 out of my pocket that was unexpected. I will continue to use them in the future.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Allianz provided prompt service for my claim. The process was quick and easy. I submitted an online claim with evidence of my trip cancellation and the losses that I needed to recover. Allianz provided payment within a week and hassle-free.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Requesting and receiving a refund of my Delta flight, that had to be canceled due to my mother's illness, was much easier than I expected. This was the first time that I had to use this service. Thank you for the help and guidance I received by phone, and the quick refund of my airfare.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Allianz was very responsive to our situation. They were very helpful in helping us to gather the required documents. We presented the doctor's statement of the medical reason for canceling our trip and Allianz issued the refund very promptly. We are very pleased with Allianz and would certainly recommend them to others.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I would highly recommend Allianz Insurance to a friend as well as every time I travel in the future, to purchase the insurance myself. In the past I have purchased Allianz many times when traveling but fortunately didn’t need to use it. On my last trip, unfortunately, I had a delay returning home. I put in a claim and within a couple of weeks I was reimbursed. The claim was quickly processed. Very happy with this company.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I usually don't travel with insurance but this time I did and it came handy when my flight schedule changed and had also some delays on top of that. So I missed my connection and had to stay overnight. The insurance covered the new ticket and a stay in a decent hotel. The claim process was simple too, everything was done online and a week later the recompensation was in my bank account.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Senior couple who are disappointed to be unable to attend our grandson's law school graduation due to Spine surgery which was not an issue when we made the reservation. However, we purchased the Allianz cancellation policy, when we made the reservation, for which we are grateful. Within a week of submitting the claim with supporting documents, we received a check from Allianz for the full amount of the airfare. Filing is a simple quick process. Truly a five-star experience.

Original review: April 30, 2019

The travel insurance was inexpensive, but the service I received was first class. I submitted my claim online, along with a note from my sister’s doctor saying she was unable to travel as her husband needed surgery. I bought one policy for my flight and one for hers; the same document served for both claims. I was notified within about 5 days that my claims were approved and received the checks within two weeks. I highly recommend this company.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I hurt my back after booking my flight and was unable to go on my trip. I submitted a claim and received the reimbursement for my flight in a very timely manner, which was great! The only negative was that when I talked to a representative, they told me I had to have a note from my doctor, credit card statement and airline reservation since I had only uploaded doctor receipts. But when I went to upload the additional documents, the website said my claim had already been approved and the check was on its way so I did have to waste some time with unnecessary documentation but still a very smooth and quick process.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I had a very good experience with my claim. It was fast and efficient. I talked to a representative, that was very helpful. She told me what to do. I uploaded the required documents and within 7 to 10 days, the claim was processed and paid. Very easy.

Original review: April 30, 2019

Because of family situation, I had to change my return flight and incurred additional airfare. Online claim was very easy to submit, and I received reimbursement of my costs within a very short time period. This is the way all customer service should work.

Original review: April 30, 2019

The process for filing a claim was a lot to get a handle on. Would be helpful to streamline or make the steps easier and clearer for filing a claim; clear list of documents needed, source of documents, timing, etc.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I recommend Allianz travel Insurance, I have an accident 12 days before my trip sustaining column fractures and they reimbursed my air tickets. I send all the information of my Xrays and doctor recommendation to rest and take anti-inflammatories and they act very quick. I absolutely recommend use Allianz Insurance.

Original review: April 30, 2019

We bought plane tickets for my husband's parents. Turns out we had to cancel. We submitted the required paperwork and had no issues receiving a refund for the tickets purchased! We thought we would automatically get denied and have to fight it, but we did not! It was a great relief and we will be using Allianz again in the future!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: April 30, 2019

The Allianz customer service rep hung up on me the first time that I called; no excuse for that. Allianz eventually paid my claim, but I had to fight to get the claim honored when it should have been a simple transaction.

Stephen,

Thank you for posting on Consumer Affairs and providing us with the opportunity to respond to your comment. Please accept our apology for your difficulties with customer service and delayed reimbursement. We appreciate your feedback, as it gives us an opportunity to improve. We hope you will keep us in mind for your future travel needs!

Original review: April 30, 2019

This was my first experience purchasing travel insurance. I was happy I did as I needed to file a claim due to delayed and cancelled flights. The online claim submission was a bit confusing but customer service was very helpful and I was very pleased with the service provided. I would use Allianz again and recommend.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I was forced to cancel my planned trip to St. Thomas at the last moment due to illness. The people in the claims department were professional and courteous in assisting me. The claim was settled quickly and to my complete satisfaction.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I had to cancel my flight due to illness & submitted a claim to Allianz. The claim was processed very quickly & a reimbursement was mailed to me covering the cancellation fee from the airline. I was very pleased with the quick response from Allianz.

Original review: April 30, 2019

The form online was pretty simple. One question stumped me... but I filled in what I had. Sent in... and I was refunded due to an illness that prevented my husband from traveling. Thanks for the speedy and timely refund. The whole process was concluded in 10 days.

Allianz Global Assistance Company Information