1.00/5
Based on 37 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

The Children's Place

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 31, 2018

127 The Children's Place Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I recently placed two orders online at The Children's Place. One order was shipped and received, while my second order has yet been delivered. I contacted customer service 3x, yet the options provided to me include waiting an additional 4 days for a research request to be completed or wait until officially 10 days on which the order shipped to cancel to receive a refund. The issue at hand is waiting. I've already paid for my items, I haven't received the items, but I am advised to wait longer for resolution. This is not acceptable! It is not my duty as a consumer to sit on the phone back and forth between the shipper and delivery company to track my delayed order. I should have been provided the same items on a different order with express delivery options to reduce wait time and resolve my delayed order experience. Neither The representatives nor the supervisor I spoke with showed empathy or concern regarding my issue as the customer.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I recently started shopping at Children's Place November 2017. First time purchased a pair of shoes in store, which was good. I signed up for rewards etc that day. December 2017 I made my 1st online purchase. I was sent an email b/c a pair of pants were not available. Once my order arrived, I was missing a pair of jeans, I called and I was issued a refund. Repurchased jeans in store. 2nd online order was placed on 1/11/18. Today is 1/26/18 and I haven't received my order. I called 3x about my order. The first 2x I called they said it takes 10 business days. I told them if it's not here by Friday (1/26/18) then I want my money back.

I was told I could have the items adjusted b/c I used place cash. Then they say you can order the items at regular price and we can adjust the price in 3 business days. Hell no! They gave me a 30% off coupon and 200 points (points can't be used until 2/2018). So I reordered my items with my coupon. 6 of my 8 items gave me the option to be picked up at my local CP store which I chose to do. 3 hours later I get a email saying your order is ready for pick up. 3 items were ready for pick up, and 3 items were no longer available. Really Children's Place!!! You couldn't tell me that before I placed my order again. I will NOT spend another dime here. I will keep going to Old Navy, JCPenney, Carters, OshKosh, Kohls, Target, and Walmart for my child's clothes.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Their customer service sucks!!! They lie and try to make it seem like you did something wrong. I was told 4 different things in my situation. Unprofessional. Also there was something that they did not tell and I found out after the fact. Bad service.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

It's after the holidays, we received gifts of 2 items we DID NOT like for Christmas. We didn't have a gift receipt (never was given one), but simply wanted to exchange for another item. The staff was very unhelpful and did not care at all! (Store in Murray, Utah) and The Children's Place policy for exchanges without a receipt is stupid! Why the hell can I not exchange for any item in the store that I would like? I could have at ANY other store mind you, but I could only exchange for the same item just different size/color. '

I DID NOT like the items given to me as a gift for my son. So I still have items I DO NOT want, because the policy is a joke. I could have gone anywhere else and could have done an exchange no questions asked for any item I wanted. Not for a different size or color. Change the policy! Especially around the freaking holidays! It's ridiculous. Makes absolutely no sense why I could not have exchanged the items for any other items in the store.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I had visited the children’s place in Mount Hope, WV at the Crossroads Mall Dec 21st with both of my small children. My son had picked up a dirty opened sucker (lollipop) that was in the store floor while I was browsing through the boys toddler section (didn’t purchase anything due to lack of 2T size Shirts). Turned around and I noticed he had it in his mouth and took it from him and took it to the front and the cashier lady got an attitude when I asked for a trash can.

While she was reaching for the trash can by the counter I was telling her my son had this in his mouth and the lady replied, “Oh, well thank you.” Now my son has contracted oral thrush and gingivitis (gum disease) or another form of gingivitis (form of herpetic), all from that sucker. All because your employees can’t keep that dusty floored store clean!!! I have been up for days with him because of the pain he has endured from the “trash” from Your store. This is awful. He is almost two and can’t even enjoy his things he gotten for Christmas. Still yet has corporate contacted me. This is crazy. I honestly don’t even know what else to say about this whole situation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

A lovely friend of mine ordered pants and a gift card for my daughter, they were shipped directly to us by The Children's Place. When my daughter picked out some clothing she wanted online the gift card was showing zero balance which was impossible as I had the receipt in front of me and my friend had loaded the card with $50. So I email them explaining their mistake. I get a generic response asking for the card number and pin but also not to reply to the email, to call a number. I call. I get told I need to speak to a different department, the gift card department. So I have them transfer me... Get this they are changing their system and can no longer help me because they cannot see gift cards with pins in their system!!! I am told I need to check my balance online to which I reply, “I have and it’s zero it should be fifty.”

I'm then told I need to go into the store to resolve it. It’s December 18th. I'm not going near the mall I tell them. This is not acceptable. They then tell me to call a number for help... It’s the number I called originally. I call. I'm on hold for half an hour and need to pick up my kid so I hang up. I get my kid put in dinner and call again. The man on the phone tried to help me but ultimately after an hour says he will let me know in 3-5 days what they can do... Mind you this was a Christmas gift. My kid shouldn't have to wait until Christmas to even hear what they will do about their mess up. What on earth is this even? One of their employees didn't activate a gift-card. I contacted them Dec 15th and am now told Dec 18th. I need to wait 3-5 days for them to figure out if they can fix it? I then asked them to just refund my friend and they said they can’t let me know for 3-5 days. What is this???

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I wouldn’t give this place a single star except for the fact that it requires you to do so! I ordered a pair of boots for my daughter for Christmas a few days ago & JUST TODAY received an e-mail saying ‘your order has been canceled’ with NO reason why. So I called & was informed that the item is ‘no longer available’. FALSE ADVERTISING AT ITS BEST RIGHT HERE FOLKS! I then asked how they could rectify the situation and they told me I would have to wait to purchase the boots once they’re back in stock. Gee thanks, because Christmas can wait for you to add more inventory. I inquired about having them shipped from a store that has them in stock & was immediately shut down & told no. Good riddance Children's Place. I don’t care how inexpensive your clothing is, I WILL NEVER AGAIN SPEND MY MONEY HERE!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Ordered 2 pairs of shoes for my daughter. I received an e-mail stating my order had been received, however, no additional emails about the status of my order. After a couple of weeks I decided to give them a call to find out when my order was going to be delivered. Customer service representative informed me that my order had already been delivered. Now, I never received the second email letting me know my order had been shipped or to provide me a tracking number. I was told my money would be refunded but the items were not available and UPS was not accepting extra packages!?? What? I believe the whole thing was a lie and they simply ran out of the items I ordered! I'm going to have a very disappointed little girl thanks to your lies! Never ordering from you again!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I have done quite a bit of online orders and in store shopping with The Children’s Place and have been fine. Their clothes are fairly good quality and with the deals make very good bargains. I ordered a shirt and my daughter did not like it because she itched when she wore it. I returned it but the cashier would not take it back saying the shirt did not have a tag. I believe a store dealing in children’s clothing should be more flexible with returns. I will not be ordering online from this store and only will buy if I am so sure I would not be returning the item. Back to my former store.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I asked to speak with a manager. I was then told none was at the store. I asked to speak with whatever employee was there. The employee comes out and poses as a manager. The employee keeps my driver's license after I made a payment on my credit card account. When I return to retrieve it she smirked at her coworker to let her know that I was back in the store.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Bought $120 worth of clothes for 2 toddler boys. Had to return these items as they didn't fit properly. Oh boy! 2 days past 45 day receipt policy. I could do an even exchange, but no store credit. WTF??? I'm on my lunch hour trying to quickly return these items and now I have to hunt down more clothes. What's the big deal you say? Well, The Children's Place Corporate Executives... I'll tell you... My business, that's what! If you had given me store credit, I would have returned in store or online and most likely spent even more than the actual store credit. However, I spent the rest of my lunch hour feverishly picking out 5 replacement sweaters. $4 dollars short and to the credit of the clerk, he made an exception and gave me $4 dollars on a gift card. (Against Policy) - he almost saved you. He was so nice!

However, I will be throwing that $4 card away. This unforgettable shopping experience will be rewarded with NEVER, EVER, stepping foot in your store EVER again. People, do not put yourself in the position of tangling with the customer service policy of this company. Look at all the other reviews... The Children's Place = a corporate policy that doesn't care about you, your time or your children!! Shame!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I made an online order, paid for my purchase, submitted for Rush delivery. I received my confirmation, never received shipment info and then the following day I received an email telling me my order was cancelled with no explanation attached. I then proceeded to call customer service. Quite a few non-English-speaking Representatives on the line that also could not explain to me why my order was canceled or why the email that was sent to me states that the funds would not be removed from my account but the funds were removed from my account and then they proceeded to tell me that they would not release the funds for 3 to 5 business days! I have never been so upset with an online franchise as big as this.

Their email says one thing the corporate office is located in New Jersey but the call center is in Guatemala. This is a big scam. I need to figure out how to report them because I don't know how to deal with situations like this. But I am very upset my children have no clothes to attend my grandmother's funeral and I feel that I was robbed. So I feel that this should be put out there for awareness to others before they fall victim to the scams and frauds by these huge companies that use America as a front for their overseas operations.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I paid for a pair of leggings for my daughter and not only were they never shipped, when I went to find the order it was gone, like I never even ordered anything. They charged my credit card and didn't even send it out. Definitely will not shop the website ever again! HIGHLY do not recommend.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I just had the worse buying experience ever. I placed an order and items was removed without my being notified. I happen to see when looking back online for something else. I called and requested that the whole order be cancelled and was told that there was no assurance it would be done. CSM Julie was very rude and refused to give her manager's information. I find it to be poor business practice to tell a customer that when they place an order there is not a guarantee they will receive that item. Worse yet to tell a customer that they can't cancel an order that was just placed and still in processing. So basically you never know what you will receive when you order from them and to be told that they have power to remove items but can't cancel order completely is just robbery. To tell me I can send back for a refund when they don't even need to mail out is ridiculous. I will never order again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017 I have had a horrible experience trying to order online at The Children's Place online store, then they gave me a lame excuse as to why, here is the excuse:

"The order failed one or more of our rules for processing. Unfortunately we are not able to disclose those rules for security reasons. You can try replacing order again. However, if problem persists may we suggest shopping at one of our store locations. We cannot guarantee order will go through our system because it has failed a few rules in our processing. We may suggest to ship item to the billing address if they have not already done so." This excuse is unacceptable, I should be able to send my order to anyone I please within the United States! I will not recommend this store to anyone, not even my enemies!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Online Order cancelled with no explanation. Received notice of cancellation 5 business 5 days after the order was placed. Product did not arrive for an intended birthday gift. Call center in Guatemala is not Customer Service. Requested both by phone and online to have emails cancelled. Still receiving several emails per day. Called corporate office directly and operator was told to take a message and Customer Service would call back. Don't expect them to call back!! Suggest you do not do business with this company.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I am not sure I've ever been more shocked and disappointed with a company's customer service before. I ordered 14 items for my daughter, mostly snow gear for the new year, an outfit for the fall, two dresses for school pictures and holidays, boots, and a pair of shoes. I opened a credit card for the discount, received the package and was overall happy. Until I realized I didn't receive the two dresses or the shoes. I triple checked the order and tracking number. Both said they were in the shipment. They were not. I needed the dress and shoes for picture day the next week. (Ordered two weeks in advance.) So I try to contact online but the form won't accept my tracking #.

I call and I'm told they can refund my account and I can reorder if I want. If they send a reshipment it will take 20 business days. WHAT?! Then they say even if I reorder though, it won't come in time for the day I need them anyway. The people I spoke to sounded like they were from India. I just cannot fathom how Children's Place will stay in business with this type of policy. THEY tried to cheat me out of merchandise I paid for and then were not willing to correct their mistakes and make it right. I will be closing my card and unfortunately never shop there again. I have no idea how they've managed to stay in business this long and the retail industry as it is cannot afford to lose customers. Wow!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Ordered 3 pair of 6 slim jeans due to the store do not sale slim sizes. Was excited when package arrived but the package seemed too lightweight for 3 pair of jeans. There were 3 toboggans hats. Customer service is a joke. They immediately emailed me free shipping with UPS to return their merchandise. I was informed I should receive my jeans next week. I asked for express shipping since it was their error. Children Place is history. No store, no online no use of place card. Corporate do not take customer call. They don't even list a number. I will return jeans and hats in the same bag. Bad service. Most workers you can't even understand what they are saying. Bad service.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

All I can say is there was a sale and I FILLED my cart with 80+ items and went to check out and none were there. I'm livid, it took me over hour half because my daughter wanted some things she saw from there, otherwise I know their quality isn't my usual GAP, etc. Ironic the site is down for the sale(?!) I'd like to be compensated as I was about to drop prob a grand with them, but their loss. I'd appreciate a % off, if you want to make up some money, you'd be smart to do it! All these people deserve this deceitful behavior on their "sale times." Very upset. Wasted a good hours half piling in items. Ugh.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I've shopped at the Children's Place for years, since my kids were little. I've always loved their clothes so I'm really, really disappointed about this - I shopped at one of their stores on Labor Day (almost 2 weeks ago) to do some school shopping and there was a glitch with their computer while I was paying for my transaction. My account was charged twice - once I realized this, (later that day) I contacted the store and was told by a manager that I just had to wait 2-3 days and the money would be back in my account. If not, I should call customer service.

My money wasn't refunded so I called customer service and was told to wait another couple of days and my money should be back. They said the manager should have put in a request for me but there was no record of it. So I asked them to put in a request for me (I had to actually ask them to) and then was told it'd be another 3-5 days. 3-5 days later my money still wasn't refunded. Mind you, I just wanted the additional charge that was taken out of my account to be returned. I wasn't asking for anything extra, just for what was mine to be returned. So I called again and asked what I had to do to get my money back.

I was told that they were looking into it and I'd get an email by the end of the day telling me what they found out. I asked what my next step should be to get my money returned if they didn't email me. The woman at the call center assured me that if they said they'd email me they would. Ok, that's great, I was looking forward to finding out when I'd get my money back. No email. At this point I'm really frustrated but am trying not to take it out on anyone, I just want my money back. It was enough that it affected my account and I just want it back. So I called their customer service again and was told that they had decided they didn't actually charge me twice and if I still had a problem with it I had to speak with my bank. Seriously? I have proof that this happened, and I'd be happy to share it if that helps. So I call my bank and they verify that yes, I was charged twice by The Children's Place. And no, the extra charge hasn't been refunded.

I just can't believe that they won't return my money. I'm genuinely surprised that they don't have a simpler and more honest way of correcting a mistake like this. Were they hoping I'd just give up? I don't know but now I have to wait another 10 business days to get my money back. And it's sad because half of my kids' clothes are from The Children's Place. I know I'm just one customer and that my business isn't going to make or break them but come on, just do the right thing.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Coupon codes are not applied to online orders. The message says it will apply at the end of the order. That is not true! When you call to have the code applied to your order they tell you they can't do it until the order is shipped. SUCH A SCAM! I'll never but another thing. THE CHILDREN'S PLACE=SCAM!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I purchased uniforms for my son online that is now in pre-k. At first they said he had to wear uniforms. Then they changed so I went to return them. I didn't want my money back. I wanted a store credit to get other things for him even though I had my receipt and items were still in the packaging they came in. I call the store before I went in and after I got there the same person I talked to said I couldn't because it was 2 days past the return date. I would you sweet and if I no receipt and wanted my money but all I wanted was a store credit. I will not purchase anything else from them and I WILL MAKE SURE I TELL OTHERS NOT TO AS WELL NOT TO SHOP WITH THEM.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Purchasing online with this company seems simple enough until your order is incorrect and then I have to say -- good luck! The toll free phone number provided is constantly a 30 minute wait time so I don't believe they have many employees manning the phones. There is an option to email your issue to them and I tried that, provided order number and specifics. Received an immediate canned response thanking me for my email and stating I would receive a resolution within 5 business days. 15 days went by before I called and endured the 30 minute wait. Finally spoke to a representative from another country and she promised to credit the account. I'm not confident this will be done.

ADDITIONALLY: When I placed original order I earned "place cash" entitling me to $10 off $20 purchase and I could use up to 6 coupons. I attempted to place my order and all went well - even discounts were showing UNTIL I continued to confirm/pay for the order. At that point A big banner came up stating their site was down for maintenance. Convenient that this happened on the last day I could use my coupons, don't you think?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I applied for the charge card under the assumption I can use it the same day for the 30% discount they offer when you apply. WRONG. They do not offer you the code or account number when approved (they use same bank as other stores who do allow you to use same day). Called customer service was told I had to wait 2 weeks to receive coupon in mail... NOPE cancel my account please! Never again...Do not waste your time...

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

So this August 2017 they have a on going promotion spend 20 and get 10 back towards store credit. I received my promotion so I decide to make another purchase during checkout. It said promo was expired. I tried to call them was on hold for an hour 30 and never spoke to any one. I email them. Nothing till this day.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I'll admit The Children's Place has some pricey clothing especially when your child grows so fast and seasons always changing. Your children never really has time to wear out how much money you actually invest in the clothing. That's why I choose to shop when they have deals going on. It's the ONLY time to shop there, well recently I received an email with a killer back-to-school sale. I decided to check out their online website and make a purchase. Now before I go into details I'm just gonna say it's better to shop in the actual store so you can know exactly what you're getting and see the quality of what you're getting. Well the deal was online ONLY and so I decided to go ahead and take my chances online. I proceeded to go to my cart, I hit checkout through my PayPal account and BAM! order finished! I didn't get a chance to confirm my home address, my billing address, nothing!!

They pulled my old address from my PayPal and auto filled the address on my children's Place account. I have never had a website do this before! I immediately called customer service to fix this issue. Now It's about 2am and the voice Machine says they will reopen at 9am. I didn't want my order to be processed and shipped to the wrong address, so I called technical support, the wait time took 45mins!!! Like who the hell is also calling children's Place technical support at 3am? By the way It turns out your wait is almost an hour long no matter what time of the day you call. Anyway, Every customer representative is an Indian woman! Not trying to be rude, but they are very hard to understand and feel they do not sympathize with your problems, they are almost robotic if you will. I explained my issue and she proceeds to tell me I'm the lucky caller and won a $25 gift card!

I'm confused because I have a problem here that she is not attending to it. She keeps putting me on hold, transferring me to other Indian women who seem to have no idea how to help me so they keep passing me around like playing a game of hot potato. After an hour of repeating my problem to several different representatives they disconnect me, I didn't understand why I was hung up on? I was cooperating, I didn't raise my voice, I just wanted my problem fixed! I immediately called back and my phone would automatically hang up as if they were on the other side declining my call after one ring. I was so upset after trying multiple times of not being picked up. I waited and called at 9am. After another 45min wait, another Indian women answers. I again explain the situation on how my address is not correct on my order and I need it changed before it's processed and shipped.

She puts me on hold for another 30 mins and says, "Sorry, there's nothing I can do for you once you submit your order." I explain, "So what!? My order ships to my old address and I'm out my money?!" She claims she will hurry and leave a note on my order that says to cancel it and should receive an cancellation email in 30-60 mins and then proceeds to put me on hold and then hangs up. Annoyed I wait for the email and nothing!!! Fed up, I called PayPal and asked them to see if they can decline the funds for the order. I also explained it was being shipped to the wrong address. They seemed helpful and said after the phone call they will do everything in their power after we hang up to contact the merchant.

Several hours later I get a cancellation email on my order from children's Place but they kept my money? I still have yet to be refunded my money!! Or heard any word on that supposed $25 gift card "I won". This is by far the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I'VE EVER DEALT WITH IN HISTORY!! I literally made this account to write this review!! I hope children's Place will one day see these reviews and help better their customer relations. I will shop elsewhere in the future. Be very cautious of this company, from reading other reviews they almost seem fraudulent!

Original review: July 11, 2017

Back in May, I opened a credit account with The Children's Place. I made one big purchase, so I could get my first time user discount of 30% off. The girl who opened my credit card made her own purchase while I was shopping. I got an email receipt for my purchase. Not for the other one. I tried to contact the credit card company. They refused to credit my account. They sent me a receipt with a purchase claiming I did it.

Original review: July 6, 2017

The Children's Place in Canada has awful customer service! DO NOT shop at Children's Place. They have extremely horrible reviews and very bad quality clothing as well. Recently, I accidentally purchased 2 exact t-shirts for my son from 2 different purchases. I had already thrown away the store receipt when I realized that I have 2 of the same shirt for my child. I visited the store to explain to the staff that I do not have the receipt but the shirts still has all the tags intact. I asked if I can kindly exchange one of the shirt I purchased for another shirt in store... Same style just a different graphics on the shirt so that my son doesn't end up having 2 of the same shirt. I was told "NO" so I asked for the customer service phone #. She wrote it down with her name and said, "You're wasting your time calling". I sent an email to Children's Place and it's been almost 2 weeks and still haven't heard from them.

So I went back to visit the store hoping I can speak to the store manager and see if she can help. She also said to me that she cannot help me so I called the customer service phone number. The total wait time and trying to get hold of a live rep took me 45 mins. I finally spoke to a lady and I couldn't understand a word she's saying. I had to explain several times over and over my issue and at the end she told me she cannot help me without a receipt. I ask her if someone else with higher authority can help me and her exact words to me was, "I do not have the authority to connect with you someone else". This experience was very upsetting because all I wanted was to exchange a same style t-shirt for another. I wasn't even asking for a completely different shirt and their Children's Place brand name is printed on the shirts so it's not like I purchase the shirt elsewhere and trying to exchange it at their store.

After 2 weeks of trying to get my problem resolve via email, phone calls and in-store visits, I'm still unable to get help. The staff are rude, unhelpful and clearly does not care about their customers. I even ask the rep on the phone if they don't care about their customers going elsewhere to shop and she said to me, "Then, that would be your choice ma'am". DO NOT shop at Children's Place. They have extremely horrible reviews and very bad quality clothing as well.

Original review: May 23, 2017

The worst customer service EVER! If you do not have a gift receipt when you receive a gift forget about getting an exchange or store credit! They will only exchange for size. What happens if you don't like the pattern or they don't have your size??? They don't care!!! Like I said, the worst customer service! DO NOT SHOP AT CHILDREN'S PLACE! They DO NOT CARE about customer satisfaction! These are children, they are picky and could not want something for the smallest of reasons! Even the corporate office was of no help! They could care less! The worst return and exchange policy! There are plenty of other stores who care about their customers... Shop anywhere else but Children's Place!

Original review: May 21, 2017

Worst experience with the customer service. The Contact Us number has a minimum 25-30 min wait time no matter what time or day you call in. The customer service agents are not able to resolve the issue on the spot. All they will do is escalate and moreover the customer doesn't have any visibility over the escalations. No emails confirmation, No progress details, No update. The only way to know the updates is call back in on the contact us hotline and wait for at least 30 min to talk to an agent. Worst Customer service ever in this age, where things should move faster with all the technology in place. These guys have a definite looong way to go to be at par with their competitors.

I had purchased a gift card, which was misplaced. All I requested is to cancel the gift card purchased and issue a new one. It is over 60 days now and I am still waiting for the gift card to arrive in mail. And for this request to be processed I had to call in 4 times be on a minimum 30min wait and hear the rep response that my request is escalated and there are no updates yet. Finally, I think I have already given up on my $50 gift card. I don't have the patience and the time anymore for another 30 min wait call. Worst experience!

The Children's Place Company Information

www.childrensplace.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use