Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.05/5

The Children's Place Reviews

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I ordered couple of jeans for my son but never received the package. The UPS service that The Children's Place use, telling me that it was delivered, while I never received the package. Dead end from that side. I called Children's Place and they wouldn't do anything besides referring me back to UPS. I get a runaround. Poor customer service.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I usually shop online for my children’s clothes. I’ve never had any bad experiences and deliveries were great. However on 1/8/2020, I needed to get a few things from the Forest Hills store in Queens, and the cashier was very rude. I do not understand how an employee of the store can talk openly like that. She spoke about her personal issues with another employee. She was rude to my daughter. I think someone like her need to be trained again and have better manners. She is a reflection of the company. Personal problems and issues should be addressed in the break room and not on the sales floor. I am here to shop not to listen to your problems.

Get expert buying tips about Kids Toys and Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

As many of the reviews have already expressed, online ordering is quite the pain. In my case, it was no different. I placed an order on 12/17. Based on an email I received, orders placed prior to 12/18 at 5PM would qualify for guaranteed Christmas delivery. On 12/20 I received confirmation that my order had shipped. I checked the tracking as instructed and it showed a delivery date of 12/23. 12/23 came and went and my order was nowhere to be found. I checked tracking again and the delivery date had been updated to 12/24. 12/24 came and went and tracking showed "on its way" as the delivery date.

On 12/27 my order still had not arrived and I contacted customer service online. I went back and forth with them all day, with the same rep responding to my messages and telling me that since I placed my order on 12/17, it did not qualify for guaranteed Christmas delivery. That this offer was only for orders placed on 12/18 by 5pm, not orders placed by 12/18 at 5PM, despite the email I sent a screen shot of showing orders placed "by" 12/18 and not "on" 12/18.

The whole time I continued to check tracking and it continued to show "on its way". On 12/28 I called customer service and they don't me I would have to wait until 12/30, then call back if my order wasn't received and they would put in a search for the package. They also told me the same line about guaranteed Christmas delivery applying only to orders placed on 12/18 and that since I placed mine on 12/17, it didn't qualify. I repeatedly told them this was not acceptable since the email I showed stated otherwise. An hour later I was finally on with a supervisor.

It took the supervisor another half hour to issue the refund. Though they couldn't offer me an explanation as to why I was told by multiple reps that the Christmas delivery guarantee only applied to orders placed on 12/18. I told the supervisor that I didn't believe my order ever actually shipped out. I'm further convinced of this by the fact that they didn't say what I should do with the order, should it happen to arrive. I sent repeated feedback emails regarding my experience and never received one response. It's clear that they don't value their customers. Because of this, that will be the last time I shop with them. The store locations are no better. They are cluttered and jammed with merchandise. Checkout takes forever, even if you are the only customer in line.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I placed an order on 12/30/19, my package still had not been delivered as of 1/7/20. I called customer service and a very rude lady that I could barely understand said my package was returned to sender because I moved without a forwarding address. The only problem with that is I have not moved. I understand this is not something they did, but when I asked if I could reorder what I ordered and get the same discounts and use the same rewards I used on the original ordered she said "that's not how that works" with a very condescending tone. I have spent over $350 on clothes and was using my rewards from the money I spent on this order. She said all they can do is give me a refund in 14 to 28 business days, and ALL my reward points are used up and gone.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I placed an order on December 23rd 2019 and they cancelled my order. I called in to customer care on the 24th and I couldn’t get an answer as to why my order was canceled. A nice young lady by the name of Samantha opened a case for me and told me I would get a response in 48 hours with a follow up. Fast forward to Thursday 12/26 and I have still not gotten a follow up. Now I’m mad. I called back and was informed my a manager that a new case would be submitted and I would hear from someone with 2 days. (Assuming it’s business days) I still did not get a follow up on Monday December 30th. Frustrated, I called back and spoke to another manager who said by Tuesday I would get a response. Tuesday which is New Year’s Eve, I called back but their offices were closed. I ended up calling back on Thursday January 2nd. Spoke to another manager who’s now telling me 2 more days.

At this point I lost it. Waiting for over a week to place an order? Unheard of. I called their corporate office and made a complaint with BBB. Finally Friday 01/03 I got approval that I could place a new order. Their email didn’t outline why I couldn’t place an order just that it was not sufficient for processing and placement. BBB came through for me because I got an email stating I was block from placing orders because of a chargeback first July 2019 for $19. Apparently back in July when my order was placed the shipping address was incorrect. I called to modify the address and was unable to do so. Their Customer Service Rep advised me to call my bank and see if they could help which was what I did. I’m not understanding if I called in and they tell me what I’ll need to do and I did it then why am I being penalized? It was just a back experience overall and I hope no one has to go through this again. Ever!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

First of all I love Children's Place plus I have 6 grandkids that enjoy wearing their clothes but my problem is I did all this shopping before the holidays and was able to catch all the deals and then I get the cash bucks to use after Christmas. Well everything is now marked 2-3x the price. I have 17 coupons meaning I have to spend $20 to get $10 off. I just spent $250 for presents. It's not fair and you have to use it in 10 days. Yes it's helpful but really I need to pay my bill off not buy full price.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2020

I placed two orders online at the Childrensplace.com on December 27, 2019. The items were available when I placed them on December 27, 2019. I receive emails of order and shipping information once it was sent. I track my orders to see the status of them. The items were suppose be delivered on January 4, 2020. I was told both packages were delivered, I have received only partial items from each orders. When I called customer service I got the worst experience with both the representative and the manager Matiicka. Neither one of them were able to help me, answer my question or track the rest of my order. I was told I had to just wait for when It show up at my house. I will never order online with them or shop at the store. I suggest customer if you going buy items to go to store. Online shopping with Children Place your items gets lost and they steal your money.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I have a Children's Place Gift card, but I wasn't able to check the balance on the card. I followed the instructions on the back of the card by going to childrensplace.com/giftcardbalance, it just didn't respond. Then I called the phone number provided on the card, the customer representative told me that for security reason, he couldn't check the balance for me on the phone and I have to go to the store to check the balance. Terrible online system and customer service.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

I always loved to shop in Children's Place however had a bad experience in this case. I had returned a couple of online order items and in store purchases in the store and got back a return receipt. I paid for the online order through Paypal and in store purchase by credit card. However I have not received my return for more than 2 months now. I have been calling the customer care for more than 9 times in these 2 months however every time I call them, they answer that it will be done in the next 48-72 hours. Escalated to managers too and they are not able to resolve it. I have not received my refund yet.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I have always liked to shop at The Children's place at Fallen Timbers, but this was a horrible experience. I had a few returns, that I ordered online. I had my receipts and I was purchasing other items. I just wanted to do an instore credit but the manager said it couldn't happen because it was past 45 days. I understand that but they had tons of the exact Jeans in stock. She said I could switch them for another size, but couldn't give me instore credit. I honestly feel like she was just power tripping. This made no sense to me! So needless to say I put all my items back and won't buy anything else from that store!! I see why they are always dead every time I am in there anymore!

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

The Children's Place Company Information