1.13/5

158 The Children's Place Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

I just ordered eight items for my son and five days later they are still in shipping status. I wondered why so I checked with my bank. They have already charged me twice. Now I have an overdraft fee and I still have no clothes. I am calling them today but I am furious over this. I will still shop their store but I will never order online again!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I placed an order online Oct, 17 2018, first time shopper on The Children's Place. (20 items purchased.) It got cancelled, called and their sale rep wasn't able to tell me what the problem was, I was inform that she will write a note regarding the issue and let me know via email, she also advise me to do over the order while she find the issue. I place the second order same day. It got cancelled again the following day. I was told by a second customer service Rep that the billing address is the problem because I was using a card from the Caribbean, the items was being shipped to an address in the US. The email I got with the cancellation stated that my card was not charged. However when I check with my bank the card was charged TWICE!! and the payment went through.

When I contacted them again about how they LIED to me about my card not being charge, they told me it was just an authorization hold, and I will have to wait 5 days before I will see the funds in my account. SO NO GOODS!! Because they cancelled the order, took MY MONEY!! and told me to wait 5 days to get it back. THEY ARE A BUNCH OF LIARS AND THIEVES AND I WILL BE TAKING LEGAL ACTIONS IF CANNOT SEE MY MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT IN 5 DAYS!!! How can you be a operating an online purchase system but unable to explain and fix possible errors on your part?? and take people's hard earned money and show no interest of giving it back. And their customer service... they got no clue, and you will be on hold for at least 20 mins. I will not even attempt to purchase anything from them again.

Get expert buying tips about Kids Toys and Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I have been a customer of Children's Place since 2011. Never really...having to return things, maybe once or twice. I purchased back to school winter clothes for my son on 8/26/18, all items were simply too big. All tags still on, kept the one shirt he wore cause it would be wrong to try and return that. Went into the Moorestown Mall Location in NJ and ask to return them so we could repurchase other items that fit. All items being returned were still on the shelves by the way and at the same prices I paid. Was denied my return/exchange because it was over 45 days.

Mind you, it was 52 days since purchase. So now I am stuck with clothes my son cannot use. Let me also mention that the Manager of the store was arrogant, sarcastic and rude. Her name is Jaritza. So I am aware that I am a small fish in a large pond. I have spent thousands over the years and the store and the customer service hotline deemed my maybe $120 worth of exchanges not worth keeping my business. I have not received a call back from the resolution team so my husband told me to close our account which I am doing today. This interaction sent my husband and I over to Old Navy, where we needed to exchanged two pairs of sweatpants also purchased on the same date as the children’s place items and with the same return policy of Children’s Place.

As a courtesy after review my history of purchases with them they did the exchange because I wasn't a serial returner. So let me give a shout out to Old Navy who treated me like a valued customer, exchanged two pairs of sweats and gained an additional $291 in profit because they treated me like a valued customer. Very disappointed in the outcome and will not shop at Children's Place n the future and instruct family members who always get him gifts from there to go to Old Navy, it will be our preferred children’s clothing store moving forward.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

This store gave me worst shopping online experience. I made an order on Sept 30th. It was suppose to be delivered on Saturday the 6th. It was never delivered. When I tracked it it said it was delivered. I call the UPS. They said the sender used 2 carrier so I have to call sender. So I called children's store on the 8th. They told me they will reship and I will get a confirmation with tracking within the next 3 days. 3 days later, nothing. I called again they say they have no update from the warehouse, it's taking a bit longer than usual.

Called again today, they still have no response for me. The guy said it take 7-14 days for the warehouse to send them shipping info for a reshipment. Wow so CRAZY. That's really unfair. If I order something, it's because I need it. So why they think it's okay to just keep for as long they want. My son is grown out of his clothes. Today I had to go to Ross to get him an outfit for church tomorrow. Meanwhile I've ready other over 8 sets of clothes for him from The Children's Place. Not fair at all. This the worst store online ever.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I would like to warn you about their shoes. Just about a month ago my daughter's father purchased a pair of boots for my 5 year old. The boots are terrible quality. They already have cracks and are peeling in the front. She's only worn them about 10 and are demolished. She has been careful wearing them but the material of the boots aren't great. We truly love the store and their super cute clothes but we aren't so sure if we will continue to purchase shoes there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Think twice before buying anything at The Children's Place. My son received a pair of pants for his birthday but the narrow legs were too tight. The tag was still attached and the pants had never been worn. Because I didn't have the bill, the store wouldn't exchange the pants for the exactly the same size and color but just the wider legged version. Ridiculous. I won't shop there.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

I was excited to use the $100 worth of bucks I earned for spending $100s on school clothes at an outlet mall. I knew I only had so long to use them too. I get to the register and now I can only use them for every $20 I spend. So, basically it is NO deal at all because I earned a $10 buck for every $20 I spent and to use one $10 buck, I have to spend $20!! Children's Place used to be my go to store for my kids. They NEVER had stipulations on the bucks you earned. You could use them no matter how much you spent. This is a total scam! Not to mention they had little girl's jeggings marked at $34 in an outlet mall! I can get 5 pairs of the same material leggings for myself at a cheaper price and that would be a lot more fabric. After my experience yesterday, Children's Place has lost my business for good.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

As a store that caters to children (and parents that purchase their clothes), should be aware of how difficult it is to buy clothes that fit constantly growing children. My mother purchased a couple of hundred dollars worth of school uniforms for my kids as a gift. The regular sizes at The Children's Place no longer fit my son and I wanted to exchange the regular sizes for husky sizes. The clothes were recently purchased, never worn and still had tickets attached, but when I called the customer service department, I was told this exchange would not be allowed because I didn't have the receipt. EVEN THOUGH THEIR WEBSITE STATES THAT "WITHOUT A RECEIPT, EXCHANGES CAN BE MADE FOR A DIFFERENT SIZE." This is in direct violation of their on-line return policy.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Rude customer service. Had pants that didn't fit my daughter... wanted to exchange for smaller size. Got told that I need to mail back, reorder and then call back to wait another 30 minutes to speak to someone who could give me my original price on my order 72 hrs after I do my reorder. Or I can drive to my nearest Children's Place to return which was an hour away from me. So I chose to ship from my post office and not reorder. Shipping was 10 dollars. I'll never order from Children's place again. I've been ordering for years and never had this much hassle.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I ordered my son's pants online. Money was taken right away. Never received a confirmation number. Called 4 times. On hold for over 30 min. Could not find my order or email. The call center is overseas. 4 weeks later got clothes but the wrong color and size. I will just give to goodwill. I am not go through the trouble of taking back and dealing with this company anymore. By the way I live 2 hrs from a store that’s why I ordered online. I will never order again from this company! Do not buy from this company. They will lie and steal your money! They need to be shut down.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

So I purchased school uniforms online for the upcoming 2018 school year. Package was a UPS SurePost meaning Package was transferred via USPS? Why? When tracking shows the package got to the UPS location near my home? With no Insurance USPS marked the package as delivered in mailbox. Its was 6 items. My mailbox can’t hold that quantity of pants even if they are nicely folded, or rolled up.

USPS has a 1 hr hold time and The Children's Place customer service reps will pick up the phone, not say a word and shortly after I get a survey asking for my experience with the rep. I select 0 for worst (and you would think they could redirect me with customer care experts. HAHAHA. No!!!). The automatic voice states "THANK YOU, GOODBYE". What a joke. Tomorrow school starts. I placed my order 2 weeks ago!!! Now I’m in a battle to prove I did not receive my items. I hope whoever did receive it has kids that need it more than mine otherwise they will be upset to know its was a bunch of school clothes. God bless.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Ordered my kids school clothes two separate days!! Came back and forced a charge on my card to cause my account to overdraft!! Spent almost 4 hours on the phone to be told to send my bank statement because my first order was shipped but never charged!! How? Nothing ships without payment!! I have a receipt. Idiots!! Then customer service is very Rude!! Will never shop with you again ever! You all have security breaches!! Like I received an order that was not paid for when my account shows settled! They forced the charge through!!!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I purchased online school clothes July 27, 2018. Received an email saying they shipped and should arrive August 4, 2018. Closely watching tracking. I see it change to delivered on doorstep. I immediately called Children's Place to see what was on their end. 45 min wait to get someone, she was quick to say, "Sorry, can I get the order number", sure. Give it and boom. They had my form of payment, etc. She verified I Paid with PayPal. "Okay you will receive a refund." I thought it was weird because no questions asked, refund just like that. No confirmation email.

I hurried to log into my PayPal to find out they had already put a transaction thru and it's pending my bank. I dealt with this for 4 and a half hours Saturday. I didn't even know if I was going to get the clothes or if the whole site has been compromised. The clothes oddly showed up Saturday afternoon with a totally different tracking number!! I got scammed and they got my info from Children's Place!!! Total security breach!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

BEWARE!!! Today, August 1, 2018, I was on the TCP website trying to place an order, but I could not check out, and it appeared that their website crashed. Too many people on at one time. I called technical support at 1 (866) 524-4531, and I get a prompt to dial 1 for service, so I did. A rep got on the phone. I explained to her the problem. She said for my inconvenience they will be sending me out a $100 voucher. All they needed was my name, address, and the number of my credit card.

I asked why would they did my credit card number to send me out a free voucher against my better judgement I did, but quickly realize this was a scam and they were playing like they were the Children's Place technical support. I called my bank immediately to close out my card and to issue you me a new one. They already within minutes did a test run by taking our $2.99 and refunding it. They have Mexicans names and accents. Do not call this number. It is not affiliated with TCP. TCP needs to update their technical support number ASAP!!

Original review: July 31, 2018

Shopped online at Children's Place. Woke up to massive fraudulent transactions on my bank account. They have a massive cybersecurity issue. Many people are reporting the same problem. I did not shop anywhere else and didn't even leave my house. This is a big company and there is no excuse for the lack of their cybersecurity. Especially when reports were coming in days before I shopped with them. Their customer service agent says there is no protocol for this type of issue, just to report it to corporate. That is a shame!

Original review: July 20, 2018

I have a pretty good limit however my available says $0.00. I just realized that my June payment never went through which hurt in the long run and I was a day late this time around. All my other payments have been on time. This is one of my favorite stores to shop at for my child and other family members. But the ridiculous amount of charge for a late payment. (The highest I ever seen). Never saw a $25 dollar late fee in my life plus now I will be getting another one because I lost track of a day.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Shame on you Children's Place! I placed an order on 5/28 and the order shipped on 5/30. I saw the authorization come out of my account and thought everything was fine. 2 days ago I get a call from the bank suspecting fraudulent activity on my account. They ask have I shopped at The Children's place in the last week and I told them no! The bank placed a block on my card and I had to pay $35 for a new card to be expedited to me. I began to search my email to see when was the last time I shopped at Children's Place and found the transaction from 5/28. I think no way they've charged me twice! I call the bank back and they tell me they saw the authorization on 5/28 but the final charge didn't come through.

I called Children's Place to be told, “I'm sorry we had a problem with our system on 5/28 and was just now able to process the charge.” Almost 30 days later!!! You've got to be kidding me! I completely understand having a glitch and things happening but how about a heads up before you go into someone's account almost 30 days later. You could have sent an email, a letter in the mail, or even a phone call. Especially seeing as I'm not the only person but all transactions from 5/28. I will never shop with The Children's Place again! Buyer beware! You give your card information and they will take funds at will and you would never know! I'm definitely contact the BBB and anyone else willing to listen!

Original review: May 29, 2018

I have been an avid fan of The Children's Place since the store opened years ago. I have their credit card and 6 grandchildren. I bought bags of summer clothing. One skirt I bought in multiple colors all size 14. The black skirt however is about a size 4. The label in the skirt stamped by the maker says size 14. This is clearly wrong and if you hold this skirt up to any of the other size 14 same style you can see it's 1/2 the size. Well I have my receipt, my CC, the original bag but the ticket was in my hand as we detached it from the skirt thinking it's a size 14.

Amber the Assistant Manager on duty 5/28 stood there stone faced and said "this is not the tag from the skirt". She never looked down at the tag. I then got the size 14 black skirt from a rack to show her it's a manufacturer's defect labeling it the wrong size. She stated "that's a different skirt". It was not. She never looked at the two skirts. She stood there stone faced reciting me the tag not on the skirt. As an assistant manager I would expect she would know what a manufacturer's defect was and she surely would have treated me nicer. She had no customer service skills, she didn't try to solve the problem. She stood there like I am the boss! She was awful.

I then asked to be direct to the District Manager so Amber handed me the customer service card kept on top of the computer (maybe they use a lot of these). I called customer service and I am now awaiting to hear from a manager. I would hate to stop shopping at this store as I love the items and price. The Children's Place should hold a customer service seminar because this woman was way out of line. She had no customer service at all. I will write back once I hear from the corporate office.

Original review: May 11, 2018

The clothes are cute and well made. I feel I get deceived because when I order online it says that I am buying at a sale price, however when you go to check out the prices change to the full price. I thought this may have been a one time thing, so did not order from them for several months. I got an email for a really good sale going on. I ordered and sure enough when I checked out I ended up paying full price. I feel like a fool for trying them out again.

Original review: May 5, 2018

Awesome place to shop for children and the prices bar none cannot be beat! Easy site to shop from. We get so excited that occasionally we have two of an item we want one of and sometimes don't catch it hence have discovered returns are easy-peasy as well.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Do not waste your hard earned money at The Children’s Place!! Not only did I lose the items at sale price, they’ve yet to refund me. I’ve been on hold 20 minutes to speak with a supervisor. I was told a week and some change ago my money would be on my card today, I call back and they said they’ve yet to process my refund!! Now I must wait an ADDITIONAL 3-5 business days that I’ve ALREADY waited for my refunded. When I called and asked to speak with a supervisor they was completely ignorant and said there’s nothing they can do and that’s “just the way this works to just deal with it and wait”!

I asked if I could be reimbursed with a gift card or something and she said the only thing she could do is give me place points which would expire within 48 hours and would only be equivalent to $10 off of my order which mind you I can find the same “coupon” on any website like “retail me not" or Groupon. Don’t bother wasting your time with these people. All scam artists. They don’t even attempt to make things right with the customer. All the people on customer care barely speak English and make it seem like you're the one that’s being a nuisance. They have stolen $42 from me!!!

Original review: April 6, 2018

Generally speaking, I love Children's Place. Their clothes are trendy and affordable. I love the Place Cash. However, I went to return some items today and the employees told me I could not because I did not have a receipt and the items were not in stock at the store. I would have gladly taken a gift receipt and spent the money in the store. I asked the girl if she would be able to order a different size for me online, and she said they did not have that option.

I cannot support a store that will not take back its own merchandise. There are many, many other places to shop with equally good clothing and pricing that have favorable return policies. Kids grow fast after all! I will no longer give or accept gifts from here, as I would hate for myself or others to be out of money. I've already shared with family and friends to be aware of this. Unfortunately, one small detail has ruined my opinion of a brand I once loved.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Spent over $300 and received $110 in Place Cash Rewards. First off it’s a joke. You have to spend $20 to use $10 worth of your reward. Then why did I shop the first time and earn the cash?! So annoying. Kohl’s Cash is amazing. I earned it, I should spend it without having to pay more out of my pocket. Anyway, online it says that you can use up to $200 of this Place Cash per order. When I tried doing that, it wouldn’t accept more than $60. Somehow my order was processed even though I didn’t place it and when I called to get it cancelled the rude lady on the phone told me I could cancel however I wouldn’t get the $60 reward back?! Um what? Now I have to go to the store and return half of my order so you can use the other portion of my Joke of a reward. Steer clear of The Children’s Place. They suck.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I started my stage at one of your stores at Angrignon mall at La Salle. I passed by the most stressful working condition with your supervisor. And now she is refusing to give me my attendance sheet after working for 54 hours. Please try to solve. Otherwise I will transfer my complain to (Normes du Travail).

Original review: March 30, 2018

I had trouble creating an account for My Place Rewards. Then, it took me almost forty minutes because I kept getting an error message saying that the password was wrong but then I couldn't reset it for some reason either. I couldn't create a new one because my email was in use. So, I just gave up. About two months later, my personal mobile device logged me into SOMEBODY ELSE'S!!! I only notice this because the My Place Rewards amount that I accumulated was different. It is the worst website ever!

Original review: March 26, 2018

"We apologize for all the inconvenience. A new Gift Card was requested on 02/27/2018. Please allow 4-6 weeks from this date to receive the new Gift Card via mail." This is the response I get when my order was CANCELLED with no contact to me about it - when I realized it never came in the mail - they tell me it was cancelled. I have to tell them to issue me a new gift card. It has been 4-6 weeks (which is ridiculous by the way) and still no gift card. NOTHING!!! I am not able to contact anyone about this - they keep sending me emails tell me to wait 4-6 weeks and not reply. I am disgusted by this customer service! No wonder everyone orders from Amazon! I ordered in January 2018 - it is now practically April!!! My child has grown 4 sizes!!! I am extremely upset they have not tried to make it right with me at all. Wasted time!

Original review: March 14, 2018

I purchased clothes for my boys around December. When I placed the order the screen said the order was not able to be processed at this time. So I tried again, second time it went through. TCP billed me twice and shipped two orders, I did not realize it until after the orders both showed up at my home. I have 4 kids and work 2 jobs as well as my husband works full time as a professional firefighter with long hours. We are super busy. I thought he returned it. He thought I returned it (to the TCP store in town), but I found it last week in the garage all boxed up still. It was after the 45 days return limit. Even though they are the ones who made the error of billing me twice, they refused to even make an exception and let me return the items for store credit. The receipt also came so faded from low ink, it was nearly unreadable. Many of it you could not read at all. Seriously disappointed.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I placed an order last Friday with the sole purpose of purchasing one item my baby girl really loved. In the process of placing the order I decided to go ahead and order a few more items. Just today I received an email that two items from my order were removed and canceled. Guess what was included in those 2 removed items?? THE ONE ITEM WHICH WAS THE ONLY REASON WHY PLACED THE ORDER TO BEGIN WITH!!! I immediately called the customer service hotline and as anyone could expect, they were of no help and simply apologized for the inconvenience. Well they definitely lost a loyal consumer today. I will never spend a dime at this store again!

Original review: March 10, 2018

I made a purchase on 4 Mar 2018 using my credit card for a family reunion photos. Not even 2 days later my wallet was stolen so I reported it and canceled all my debit and credit card. The banks issued me new cards with new account numbers. On 10 March 2018, I went back to the exact store I made my original purchase from to return the outfits that didn’t fit my son. They would only give me store credit even though I had my receipt and the tags were still on the clothes because I didn’t have my original credit card. I can’t help that my wallet was stolen and new account numbers were issued.

I ask if they spoke to my bank and the bank gave verbal approval, can they manually take care of it. The bank can also validate that my card was stolen. The smug manager said, "No...in store credit only." So when I ask for the corporate office number to call, the store manager and cashier were complete **. Highly unprofessional. I called the corporate office but they were closed so I spoke to customer service. Again the staff were not helpful. How is it other companies as long as you have the receipt it can be credited back on your account without swiping your card again but this store can’t or more like it won’t. Do not recommend anyone to shop there.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I have no children and have never been to a The Children's Place nor their website. But today I have a charge pending for $93.90. I do not know who got my card information but I did report it to my card company to stop the payment.

The Children's Place Company Information