1.00/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: April 18, 2018

138 The Children's Place Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 18, 2018

Do not waste your hard earned money at The Children’s Place!! Not only did I lose the items at sale price, they’ve yet to refund me. I’ve been on hold 20 minutes to speak with a supervisor. I was told a week and some change ago my money would be on my card today, I call back and they said they’ve yet to process my refund!! Now I must wait an ADDITIONAL 3-5 business days that I’ve ALREADY waited for my refunded. When I called and asked to speak with a supervisor they was completely ignorant and said there’s nothing they can do and that’s “just the way this works to just deal with it and wait”!

I asked if I could be reimbursed with a gift card or something and she said the only thing she could do is give me place points which would expire within 48 hours and would only be equivalent to $10 off of my order which mind you I can find the same “coupon” on any website like “retail me not" or Groupon. Don’t bother wasting your time with these people. All scam artists. They don’t even attempt to make things right with the customer. All the people on customer care barely speak English and make it seem like you're the one that’s being a nuisance. They have stolen $42 from me!!!

Original review: April 6, 2018

Generally speaking, I love Children's Place. Their clothes are trendy and affordable. I love the Place Cash. However, I went to return some items today and the employees told me I could not because I did not have a receipt and the items were not in stock at the store. I would have gladly taken a gift receipt and spent the money in the store. I asked the girl if she would be able to order a different size for me online, and she said they did not have that option.

I cannot support a store that will not take back its own merchandise. There are many, many other places to shop with equally good clothing and pricing that have favorable return policies. Kids grow fast after all! I will no longer give or accept gifts from here, as I would hate for myself or others to be out of money. I've already shared with family and friends to be aware of this. Unfortunately, one small detail has ruined my opinion of a brand I once loved.

Get expert buying tips about Kids Toys and Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 4, 2018

Spent over $300 and received $110 in Place Cash Rewards. First off it’s a joke. You have to spend $20 to use $10 worth of your reward. Then why did I shop the first time and earn the cash?! So annoying. Kohl’s Cash is amazing. I earned it, I should spend it without having to pay more out of my pocket. Anyway, online it says that you can use up to $200 of this Place Cash per order. When I tried doing that, it wouldn’t accept more than $60. Somehow my order was processed even though I didn’t place it and when I called to get it cancelled the rude lady on the phone told me I could cancel however I wouldn’t get the $60 reward back?! Um what? Now I have to go to the store and return half of my order so you can use the other portion of my Joke of a reward. Steer clear of The Children’s Place. They suck.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I started my stage at one of your stores at Angrignon mall at La Salle. I passed by the most stressful working condition with your supervisor. And now she is refusing to give me my attendance sheet after working for 54 hours. Please try to solve. Otherwise I will transfer my complain to (Normes du Travail).

Original review: March 30, 2018

I had trouble creating an account for My Place Rewards. Then, it took me almost forty minutes because I kept getting an error message saying that the password was wrong but then I couldn't reset it for some reason either. I couldn't create a new one because my email was in use. So, I just gave up. About two months later, my personal mobile device logged me into SOMEBODY ELSE'S!!! I only notice this because the My Place Rewards amount that I accumulated was different. It is the worst website ever!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Original review: March 26, 2018

"We apologize for all the inconvenience. A new Gift Card was requested on 02/27/2018. Please allow 4-6 weeks from this date to receive the new Gift Card via mail." This is the response I get when my order was CANCELLED with no contact to me about it - when I realized it never came in the mail - they tell me it was cancelled. I have to tell them to issue me a new gift card. It has been 4-6 weeks (which is ridiculous by the way) and still no gift card. NOTHING!!! I am not able to contact anyone about this - they keep sending me emails tell me to wait 4-6 weeks and not reply. I am disgusted by this customer service! No wonder everyone orders from Amazon! I ordered in January 2018 - it is now practically April!!! My child has grown 4 sizes!!! I am extremely upset they have not tried to make it right with me at all. Wasted time!

Original review: March 14, 2018

I purchased clothes for my boys around December. When I placed the order the screen said the order was not able to be processed at this time. So I tried again, second time it went through. TCP billed me twice and shipped two orders, I did not realize it until after the orders both showed up at my home. I have 4 kids and work 2 jobs as well as my husband works full time as a professional firefighter with long hours. We are super busy. I thought he returned it. He thought I returned it (to the TCP store in town), but I found it last week in the garage all boxed up still. It was after the 45 days return limit. Even though they are the ones who made the error of billing me twice, they refused to even make an exception and let me return the items for store credit. The receipt also came so faded from low ink, it was nearly unreadable. Many of it you could not read at all. Seriously disappointed.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I placed an order last Friday with the sole purpose of purchasing one item my baby girl really loved. In the process of placing the order I decided to go ahead and order a few more items. Just today I received an email that two items from my order were removed and canceled. Guess what was included in those 2 removed items?? THE ONE ITEM WHICH WAS THE ONLY REASON WHY PLACED THE ORDER TO BEGIN WITH!!! I immediately called the customer service hotline and as anyone could expect, they were of no help and simply apologized for the inconvenience. Well they definitely lost a loyal consumer today. I will never spend a dime at this store again!

Original review: March 10, 2018

I made a purchase on 4 Mar 2018 using my credit card for a family reunion photos. Not even 2 days later my wallet was stolen so I reported it and canceled all my debit and credit card. The banks issued me new cards with new account numbers. On 10 March 2018, I went back to the exact store I made my original purchase from to return the outfits that didn’t fit my son. They would only give me store credit even though I had my receipt and the tags were still on the clothes because I didn’t have my original credit card. I can’t help that my wallet was stolen and new account numbers were issued.

I ask if they spoke to my bank and the bank gave verbal approval, can they manually take care of it. The bank can also validate that my card was stolen. The smug manager said, "No...in store credit only." So when I ask for the corporate office number to call, the store manager and cashier were complete **. Highly unprofessional. I called the corporate office but they were closed so I spoke to customer service. Again the staff were not helpful. How is it other companies as long as you have the receipt it can be credited back on your account without swiping your card again but this store can’t or more like it won’t. Do not recommend anyone to shop there.

Original review: March 7, 2018

I have no children and have never been to a The Children's Place nor their website. But today I have a charge pending for $93.90. I do not know who got my card information but I did report it to my card company to stop the payment.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I recently purchased around $6 items from Children's Place with my own credit card. Children's Place ignored my own credit card and charged on my Children's Place card because I have one. But I didn't notice that from email confirmation. Actually it is hard to figure it out. Then after 2 month, it received a mail with 4x charge of late fee. What a way to make money on customers! So for anyone applying Children's Place credit card you should pay attention on this kind of issue.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I recently placed two orders online at The Children's Place. One order was shipped and received, while my second order has yet been delivered. I contacted customer service 3x, yet the options provided to me include waiting an additional 4 days for a research request to be completed or wait until officially 10 days on which the order shipped to cancel to receive a refund. The issue at hand is waiting. I've already paid for my items, I haven't received the items, but I am advised to wait longer for resolution. This is not acceptable! It is not my duty as a consumer to sit on the phone back and forth between the shipper and delivery company to track my delayed order. I should have been provided the same items on a different order with express delivery options to reduce wait time and resolve my delayed order experience. Neither The representatives nor the supervisor I spoke with showed empathy or concern regarding my issue as the customer.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I recently started shopping at Children's Place November 2017. First time purchased a pair of shoes in store, which was good. I signed up for rewards etc that day. December 2017 I made my 1st online purchase. I was sent an email b/c a pair of pants were not available. Once my order arrived, I was missing a pair of jeans, I called and I was issued a refund. Repurchased jeans in store. 2nd online order was placed on 1/11/18. Today is 1/26/18 and I haven't received my order. I called 3x about my order. The first 2x I called they said it takes 10 business days. I told them if it's not here by Friday (1/26/18) then I want my money back.

I was told I could have the items adjusted b/c I used place cash. Then they say you can order the items at regular price and we can adjust the price in 3 business days. Hell no! They gave me a 30% off coupon and 200 points (points can't be used until 2/2018). So I reordered my items with my coupon. 6 of my 8 items gave me the option to be picked up at my local CP store which I chose to do. 3 hours later I get a email saying your order is ready for pick up. 3 items were ready for pick up, and 3 items were no longer available. Really Children's Place!!! You couldn't tell me that before I placed my order again. I will NOT spend another dime here. I will keep going to Old Navy, JCPenney, Carters, OshKosh, Kohls, Target, and Walmart for my child's clothes.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Their customer service sucks!!! They lie and try to make it seem like you did something wrong. I was told 4 different things in my situation. Unprofessional. Also there was something that they did not tell and I found out after the fact. Bad service.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

It's after the holidays, we received gifts of 2 items we DID NOT like for Christmas. We didn't have a gift receipt (never was given one), but simply wanted to exchange for another item. The staff was very unhelpful and did not care at all! (Store in Murray, Utah) and The Children's Place policy for exchanges without a receipt is stupid! Why the hell can I not exchange for any item in the store that I would like? I could have at ANY other store mind you, but I could only exchange for the same item just different size/color. '

I DID NOT like the items given to me as a gift for my son. So I still have items I DO NOT want, because the policy is a joke. I could have gone anywhere else and could have done an exchange no questions asked for any item I wanted. Not for a different size or color. Change the policy! Especially around the freaking holidays! It's ridiculous. Makes absolutely no sense why I could not have exchanged the items for any other items in the store.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I had visited the children’s place in Mount Hope, WV at the Crossroads Mall Dec 21st with both of my small children. My son had picked up a dirty opened sucker (lollipop) that was in the store floor while I was browsing through the boys toddler section (didn’t purchase anything due to lack of 2T size Shirts). Turned around and I noticed he had it in his mouth and took it from him and took it to the front and the cashier lady got an attitude when I asked for a trash can.

While she was reaching for the trash can by the counter I was telling her my son had this in his mouth and the lady replied, “Oh, well thank you.” Now my son has contracted oral thrush and gingivitis (gum disease) or another form of gingivitis (form of herpetic), all from that sucker. All because your employees can’t keep that dusty floored store clean!!! I have been up for days with him because of the pain he has endured from the “trash” from Your store. This is awful. He is almost two and can’t even enjoy his things he gotten for Christmas. Still yet has corporate contacted me. This is crazy. I honestly don’t even know what else to say about this whole situation.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2017

A lovely friend of mine ordered pants and a gift card for my daughter, they were shipped directly to us by The Children's Place. When my daughter picked out some clothing she wanted online the gift card was showing zero balance which was impossible as I had the receipt in front of me and my friend had loaded the card with $50. So I email them explaining their mistake. I get a generic response asking for the card number and pin but also not to reply to the email, to call a number. I call. I get told I need to speak to a different department, the gift card department. So I have them transfer me... Get this they are changing their system and can no longer help me because they cannot see gift cards with pins in their system!!! I am told I need to check my balance online to which I reply, “I have and it’s zero it should be fifty.”

I'm then told I need to go into the store to resolve it. It’s December 18th. I'm not going near the mall I tell them. This is not acceptable. They then tell me to call a number for help... It’s the number I called originally. I call. I'm on hold for half an hour and need to pick up my kid so I hang up. I get my kid put in dinner and call again. The man on the phone tried to help me but ultimately after an hour says he will let me know in 3-5 days what they can do... Mind you this was a Christmas gift. My kid shouldn't have to wait until Christmas to even hear what they will do about their mess up. What on earth is this even? One of their employees didn't activate a gift-card. I contacted them Dec 15th and am now told Dec 18th. I need to wait 3-5 days for them to figure out if they can fix it? I then asked them to just refund my friend and they said they can’t let me know for 3-5 days. What is this???

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I wouldn’t give this place a single star except for the fact that it requires you to do so! I ordered a pair of boots for my daughter for Christmas a few days ago & JUST TODAY received an e-mail saying ‘your order has been canceled’ with NO reason why. So I called & was informed that the item is ‘no longer available’. FALSE ADVERTISING AT ITS BEST RIGHT HERE FOLKS! I then asked how they could rectify the situation and they told me I would have to wait to purchase the boots once they’re back in stock. Gee thanks, because Christmas can wait for you to add more inventory. I inquired about having them shipped from a store that has them in stock & was immediately shut down & told no. Good riddance Children's Place. I don’t care how inexpensive your clothing is, I WILL NEVER AGAIN SPEND MY MONEY HERE!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Ordered 2 pairs of shoes for my daughter. I received an e-mail stating my order had been received, however, no additional emails about the status of my order. After a couple of weeks I decided to give them a call to find out when my order was going to be delivered. Customer service representative informed me that my order had already been delivered. Now, I never received the second email letting me know my order had been shipped or to provide me a tracking number. I was told my money would be refunded but the items were not available and UPS was not accepting extra packages!?? What? I believe the whole thing was a lie and they simply ran out of the items I ordered! I'm going to have a very disappointed little girl thanks to your lies! Never ordering from you again!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I have done quite a bit of online orders and in store shopping with The Children’s Place and have been fine. Their clothes are fairly good quality and with the deals make very good bargains. I ordered a shirt and my daughter did not like it because she itched when she wore it. I returned it but the cashier would not take it back saying the shirt did not have a tag. I believe a store dealing in children’s clothing should be more flexible with returns. I will not be ordering online from this store and only will buy if I am so sure I would not be returning the item. Back to my former store.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I asked to speak with a manager. I was then told none was at the store. I asked to speak with whatever employee was there. The employee comes out and poses as a manager. The employee keeps my driver's license after I made a payment on my credit card account. When I return to retrieve it she smirked at her coworker to let her know that I was back in the store.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Bought $120 worth of clothes for 2 toddler boys. Had to return these items as they didn't fit properly. Oh boy! 2 days past 45 day receipt policy. I could do an even exchange, but no store credit. WTF??? I'm on my lunch hour trying to quickly return these items and now I have to hunt down more clothes. What's the big deal you say? Well, The Children's Place Corporate Executives... I'll tell you... My business, that's what! If you had given me store credit, I would have returned in store or online and most likely spent even more than the actual store credit. However, I spent the rest of my lunch hour feverishly picking out 5 replacement sweaters. $4 dollars short and to the credit of the clerk, he made an exception and gave me $4 dollars on a gift card. (Against Policy) - he almost saved you. He was so nice!

However, I will be throwing that $4 card away. This unforgettable shopping experience will be rewarded with NEVER, EVER, stepping foot in your store EVER again. People, do not put yourself in the position of tangling with the customer service policy of this company. Look at all the other reviews... The Children's Place = a corporate policy that doesn't care about you, your time or your children!! Shame!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I made an online order, paid for my purchase, submitted for Rush delivery. I received my confirmation, never received shipment info and then the following day I received an email telling me my order was cancelled with no explanation attached. I then proceeded to call customer service. Quite a few non-English-speaking Representatives on the line that also could not explain to me why my order was canceled or why the email that was sent to me states that the funds would not be removed from my account but the funds were removed from my account and then they proceeded to tell me that they would not release the funds for 3 to 5 business days! I have never been so upset with an online franchise as big as this.

Their email says one thing the corporate office is located in New Jersey but the call center is in Guatemala. This is a big scam. I need to figure out how to report them because I don't know how to deal with situations like this. But I am very upset my children have no clothes to attend my grandmother's funeral and I feel that I was robbed. So I feel that this should be put out there for awareness to others before they fall victim to the scams and frauds by these huge companies that use America as a front for their overseas operations.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I paid for a pair of leggings for my daughter and not only were they never shipped, when I went to find the order it was gone, like I never even ordered anything. They charged my credit card and didn't even send it out. Definitely will not shop the website ever again! HIGHLY do not recommend.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I just had the worse buying experience ever. I placed an order and items was removed without my being notified. I happen to see when looking back online for something else. I called and requested that the whole order be cancelled and was told that there was no assurance it would be done. CSM Julie was very rude and refused to give her manager's information. I find it to be poor business practice to tell a customer that when they place an order there is not a guarantee they will receive that item. Worse yet to tell a customer that they can't cancel an order that was just placed and still in processing. So basically you never know what you will receive when you order from them and to be told that they have power to remove items but can't cancel order completely is just robbery. To tell me I can send back for a refund when they don't even need to mail out is ridiculous. I will never order again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017 I have had a horrible experience trying to order online at The Children's Place online store, then they gave me a lame excuse as to why, here is the excuse:

"The order failed one or more of our rules for processing. Unfortunately we are not able to disclose those rules for security reasons. You can try replacing order again. However, if problem persists may we suggest shopping at one of our store locations. We cannot guarantee order will go through our system because it has failed a few rules in our processing. We may suggest to ship item to the billing address if they have not already done so." This excuse is unacceptable, I should be able to send my order to anyone I please within the United States! I will not recommend this store to anyone, not even my enemies!

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Online Order cancelled with no explanation. Received notice of cancellation 5 business 5 days after the order was placed. Product did not arrive for an intended birthday gift. Call center in Guatemala is not Customer Service. Requested both by phone and online to have emails cancelled. Still receiving several emails per day. Called corporate office directly and operator was told to take a message and Customer Service would call back. Don't expect them to call back!! Suggest you do not do business with this company.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I am not sure I've ever been more shocked and disappointed with a company's customer service before. I ordered 14 items for my daughter, mostly snow gear for the new year, an outfit for the fall, two dresses for school pictures and holidays, boots, and a pair of shoes. I opened a credit card for the discount, received the package and was overall happy. Until I realized I didn't receive the two dresses or the shoes. I triple checked the order and tracking number. Both said they were in the shipment. They were not. I needed the dress and shoes for picture day the next week. (Ordered two weeks in advance.) So I try to contact online but the form won't accept my tracking #.

I call and I'm told they can refund my account and I can reorder if I want. If they send a reshipment it will take 20 business days. WHAT?! Then they say even if I reorder though, it won't come in time for the day I need them anyway. The people I spoke to sounded like they were from India. I just cannot fathom how Children's Place will stay in business with this type of policy. THEY tried to cheat me out of merchandise I paid for and then were not willing to correct their mistakes and make it right. I will be closing my card and unfortunately never shop there again. I have no idea how they've managed to stay in business this long and the retail industry as it is cannot afford to lose customers. Wow!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Ordered 3 pair of 6 slim jeans due to the store do not sale slim sizes. Was excited when package arrived but the package seemed too lightweight for 3 pair of jeans. There were 3 toboggans hats. Customer service is a joke. They immediately emailed me free shipping with UPS to return their merchandise. I was informed I should receive my jeans next week. I asked for express shipping since it was their error. Children Place is history. No store, no online no use of place card. Corporate do not take customer call. They don't even list a number. I will return jeans and hats in the same bag. Bad service. Most workers you can't even understand what they are saying. Bad service.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

All I can say is there was a sale and I FILLED my cart with 80+ items and went to check out and none were there. I'm livid, it took me over hour half because my daughter wanted some things she saw from there, otherwise I know their quality isn't my usual GAP, etc. Ironic the site is down for the sale(?!) I'd like to be compensated as I was about to drop prob a grand with them, but their loss. I'd appreciate a % off, if you want to make up some money, you'd be smart to do it! All these people deserve this deceitful behavior on their "sale times." Very upset. Wasted a good hours half piling in items. Ugh.

The Children's Place Company Information