1.0/5 (38 ratings)

About The Children's Place

The Children's Place Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

I ordered a coat for my toddler from The Children's Place on 09/09/22, it is now 09/22/22. I check the status and it's lost. I report this information to Children's Place. They refuse to refund or replace. I'm highly agitated with them. They give you different answers, once they take your money that's it. DON'T SHOP HERE.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Updated on 9/16/2022: Opened a claim for a shipment never received and shipped to the wrong address, and everytime I would call they would say it was still in process and then out of nowhere they said it was resolved, when they never even called. And now they keep sending me back and forth and now USPS nor the store are resolving the issue, and it's been 2 months and I haven't received the nor the package or my money back.

Original review: Made ordered and they delivered to wrong address and when they delivered and I called, they didn't even try to help and find a solution to my situation immediately and washed their hands with, "Oh just call the carrier and go from there." No kind of options, no kind of help, NOTHING. Very disappointed.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I ordered my son's school uniform pants from here on July 29, 2022. Bad mistake. My package was stolen out of my building's mailroom on Aug 2nd, 2022. The shipper (LaserShip) never put the package in the mail locker. Just threw it in the mailroom on some boxes. And now I'm out of the merchandise and my money. Because The Children's Place would not reimburse or replace the merchandise. I've read some similar reviews. I filed a complaint with the FTC and my local division of Consumer Affairs. I will be filing with the NY Attorney General Office as well.

My point is just don't write a review. Report them. With enough complaints we as consumers can stop this practice that they are doing. And the only way to do that is to report their behavior to the right agencies. This is what they're there for. We as the little people can't make but so much noise on our own. But together with our complaints can bring awareness to the right people. That can fight on our behalf. Most complaint filing is done online or you can call. Just don't write a review and then not report them. We have to let them know that it's not ok that you think you can just keep people's money. And the merchandise was never received. So numbers is power. Complain people. Complain to these agencies to stop The Children's Place online unfair practices against everyday hard working consumers.

Original review: July 25, 2022

I ordered a big order from them and they separated it into 3 deliveries. They sent 2 packages to the wrong address and refuse to fix it. I contacted the carriers which wasn’t easy because they had the wrong carrier. The carrier said that if Children's place gave the ok they could put the right address and reship it but children's place wouldn’t give permission. They have horrible customer service and don’t care what happens to the package after they get your money.

Original review: June 21, 2022

I ordered 3 pairs of sunglasses for my daughter which shipped on 5/13/22 and the package did not arrive until 5/28/22, 15 days later. That was not my issue. Children's Place packed 3 tiny pairs of sunglasses in a large box without packing material. It was a big box filled mostly with air. The box got crushed and the tiny glasses which were not secure in the box slipped out. I did not receive 2 out of 3 pairs of the glasses and Children's place refuses to replace them. They point the blame at the delivery carrier. My transaction was not with the carrier. My transaction was with Children's place. Until those items are in my possession, they are not mine. I paid Children’s place $9.65 for items not received due to their poor packing. I would like a replacement OR credit of $9.65. It’s not a large sum, but a large corporation should be able to make it right with a longtime customer. I paid them and they didn’t fulfill transaction.

Original review: May 27, 2022

Horrible experience with this company. I ordered some clothes for my boys and it was shipped to the wrong address. When I tried to call customer service but to my surprise they were closed. When I did finally get in contact with somebody I was informed that the package was already shipped and delivered and the only resolution I was offered was to try and contact the carrier to see if the carrier can go back and retrieve the package. When I asked why I wasn't given the information of who was delivering the package he couldn't answer that question. So now I'm out of money trying to dispute this with my bank and The Children's Place is blocking it claiming that there's no fraud. Well yes it is fraud. First off wrong billing address, wrong shipping address and the wrong individual received the package. I will never, never purchase from the store again and it's sad because they have really decent prices.

Original review: May 20, 2022

I would give them 0 if I could. Placed an order and it said, "Apply for a credit card and you will automatically receive 30% off at checkout." Applied. It said, "Congratulations. You were approved. Your discount will automatically be applied at checkout." Showed me what my new balance would be but when I checked out the 30% was not taken off. I emailed them immediately because their customer service center is closed on weekends. Gave them 5 days to respond.... No answer. Called and they refuse to credit me back the difference. Told me they will give me a coupon for next time. There won't be a next time.

I sent everything to my son directly because they live 2 hours away. Bought everything my grandson needs now because I was supposed to get 30% off. This is false advertising, they do not stand by their own advertisement. They told me to go return everything and repurchase it. I will return everything and never purchase anything from them again. Buyer beware!!!!

Original review: April 29, 2022

Place an order (#**) in March, apparently delivered on April 1st by Canada post, with nothing in the mailbox, contact customer service was told I was going to get a refund, placed a second order: Order Number **. Order Date April 7, 2022 at 3:49pm #**. F. D. ** to replace the one I never got (one item was already out of stock). Got it delivered straight to Canada post for me to pick it up. After over a month and countless phone calls and excuses still no refund. Used to buy my kid's uniforms from them either directly online or from Amazon, NEVER AGAIN.

Fausto D.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Ordered from The Children's Place and ordered a pack of shirts size 5/6. They sent me size 4. Went to the store to return and they refused to return them due to no tags on the shirts. They came in a multi pack and had no tags when I received them. Customer service is a joke. They said no returns without tags and no exceptions. How can I return them with tags when they sent them with no tags. When I called back and disputed it they said I need to return to the store and speak to a manager. I spoke to the manager when I was there and she refused to return them. Customer service service said there is nothing they can do. No refund, no exchange, nothing. Awful service. I have never had a problem with customer service before but everything has changed now. Beware.

Original review: April 4, 2022

So I made 3 purchases, spent my last dollars on summer clothes for my son. They charged a second 'ret rev' transactions for each transaction. Basically return reversals without a return! I called and they acted like I was overreacting and said their authorization holds and will be returned within 3- 5 business days. First of all, I cannot afford to have this money pending, I'm a single mom on disability and I now have 90$ in limbo, my account is -62$, I've been charged a 10$ overdraft fee for my account being in the negative, not my fault because this is not a normal nor legitimate transaction! It's not an authorization hold, the money was taken and then a ' return reversal' yet no refund!

It's very Shady that they're doing this and I'm stressed because the money I'm supposed to get April 5th for my son's birthday cake and water table (birthday April 8) will not cover those things if my money is not returned to my bank account! I made an online purchase, I paid and now I feel deceived due to them using a deceitful way to take more money from my account. This is not acceptable. I would like my money returned immediately! Plus an extra ten dollars for the overdraft fee I incurred. I was not informed that any more than what I paid would be taken from my bank account and I did not authorize it. Very unprofessional of them. Who does this? I would suggest to not purchase things online with your own bank account and to use a prepaid Visa debit as to avoid this. I do not want to be stressed out as a customer. That's not the kind of experience I should be getting.

The Children's Place Company Information