1.05/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

217 The Children's Place Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I had bought my daughter a onesie. The zipper was messed up on it. Went to refunded it and had receipt. Cortney said it had to have tag on it to return but she would return this time but it was defective. If I had known I would of kept tag that something was going to be wrong with it. She said she need tag to resell. I told her it was defective. She never responded. Not very nice.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Placed 2 good sized orders for Christmas presents and didn’t get one of the boxes of my first order. Tried emailing and calling customer support. Waited on phone for over an hour on hold. Placed another order because I’ve never had problems with them before but now my new order had items not being tracked. It has been an absolute nightmare. My daughter’s Christmas shoes and sweaters did not arrive. I was never refunded my money and the site still shows that those items are awaiting shipping updates. I finally had to dispute with my credit card company and now I’ve been blocked from purchasing on their site. I spend lots with this company but never again. Do not waste your time or money on this company.

Get expert buying tips about Kids Toys and Products delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Not surprised this center is closing, rude manager, staff smokes outside front door also. Ridiculous what myself and other customers have been through. Received "Place Cash Rewards," to be used December 27th to January 11th, from this location. Went back Dec 27th, myself and 2 other ladies had a stack of clothes to purchase, standing in line they refused to accept their "Place Reward Cash," coupons... WHAT??? WHY??? We asked. "Because we are closing" the manager says, "You've saved enough!" WHAT?? "We just spent an HOUR shopping in your store, and you won't accept the coupons that we earned?" That's FRAUD.

All of us dropped our purchases on the counter and walked out! The deals were 50% off, the same deals at the other stores. Manager stood there, not talking or caring in any way. You would think if they are closing they would want to move the merchandise. Called the head office and some district manager finally called back a week later and he was rude, I couldn't believe it, he said "that location is closing, what do you want me to do!" Called back to their head office and waited for a manager for 3 hours, finally got someone who said they would have a person call me who was in charge of Canada Children's Place. Week later no call. No one cares, called again yesterday, as I believe this is so wrong and unfair to customers. This time they promised me someone would call me back within 24 hours! No call. So I am now telling others of this experience.

IT IS FRAUD. To promise the use of a future coupon with a current purchase, and then not accept that coupon is considered fraud to profit that person/company. I spent an hour shopping there in good faith to be treated badly by staff and then by a district manager. They handed these coupons out, so they were participating in the program. I have tried to avoid this location because of the rude staff, by reading other reviews, I see I am not the only one.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I had couple gift card. I wanted to consolidate it into one gift card to gift that to someone. So at store I went to purchase gift card through gift card. The sales person did not mention that I cannot purchase gift card through gift card and she swiped both the gift card and later said it is not working. She said the she voided the transactions but all the balance on those gift cards is gone. Since then I visited the store, talked to the store manager but no outcome. They took my $46 without giving me anything on return. I don't know how come inefficiency of store salesman or their program issue is customer's fault. Since then I really hate this store.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I have had too many bad experiences with this company... Never again will I try to purchase from them. I'll order stuff thinking it's on its way. A week later I'll get an email stating the items are no longer available, this time I ordered for Christmas a bunch of stuff. It got shipped to the wrong address. I told them to just ship it to the right address when they receive it back. "Oh no, we can't do that." "Are you kidding me? All those gifts I ordered for Christmas and you won't ship it to me??" They are horrible and could care less. They just lost a customer.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Placed my order in plenty of time to receive my order in time for Xmas. Never received a shipping confirmation although online said order had shipped but couldn't find a tracking number. You can get a hold of anyone in customer service to only just get an email today from UPS that my order will only be here on January 3rd!!! Seriously?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I ordered clothing for a family of 5 children who lost their mother. The ages was 1 years, 3 years, 5 years, 7 years and 10 years old. I ordered the things for Christmas on December 8, 2018. I called on the day that they was suppose to arrive. They never arrived. I called the company and was informed they would provide me with a credit in the amount that I paid for the items. I have not heard from them since. This breaks my heart because those kids did not get the clothing for Christmas. Very disappointing.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I had a late payment charge to my account a couple of months after owning the card in 2017. They removed it with no issue. I just recently received a late payment on the card in November because I was out of town for the holiday. I called customer service to get it removed and they refused to remove it. I called again and spoke with a supervisor and he had to audacity to tell me that it is my responsibility to pay my credit card on time! Which is true but it is also their responsibility to send out statements and I have not received one in months! I signed up for the paperless statements and never received a statement via email in months. Customer service sucks! They are willing to lose a good customer over a late payment fee...SMH! When I use this card I usually pay it off in full or pay it in two installments! They are nuts!!!

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

My delivery went to my old address even though I updated the address. They will not refund me. The funny thing is I looked at my account my new address is here. I'm so brokenhearted because it's for my kids for Christmas.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I ordered three items (two of which were sets), and I was only shipped two. The other item didn't show up in any of the emails or confirmations, but I sure was charged for it. I've called customer service numerous times, only to be kicked off the system for "high call volumes." I've messaged them on Facebook, with only an automated response that they'll get back to me, and they never do. I can't get ahold of anyone to resolve the issue, and I'm assuming even if I did they wouldn't be of any help. On top of that, the one set I did receive was terrible quality. I will NEVER shop at the Children's Place again.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Ordered my kids dresses for Christmas, received the order on 12/19, the package had my name and info on it however when I opened the bag it was someone else's order. It was a bag of boy clothes. I called and asked them to correct it, they stated it would take 10 business days to receive. I asked if since they messed up if they would expedite the order, they stated no. So now I have to go out and get new dresses (spend more money) and someone else has my name and address. Thanks. They were not helpful at all when I called. Sat on hold for 48 minutes. Waste of time and a company that does not care about customer service. DO NOT USE THEM.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I thought this was a nice store until I had to deal with the stupid people that work there. They left the security sensor on the clothes and when I called to let them know the manager just laughed about it. Is this something they do all the time? I will not drive all the way back to the store to have untrained bad mannered little girls have to take something off the cheap clothes I bought. I will count this as a loss or go to YouTube to see if there is a way to get them off. From now on I will go to a store where I know the people aren’t so stupid. Justice is right next to this cheap store and the people there are so much nicer and the clothes are a better quality.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

The Children’s Place is going to be in huge trouble this year! I got a call from a nice lady in NY telling me that she received part of my order. I received an order for someone in Rhode Island. I didn’t have hours to set on hold with Customer Service so I drove an hour to the closest store. They could not resolve the issue. They couldn’t send the items to RI, they couldn’t refund or fill my order. They said to call CP tomorrow 15 minutes before they open so I could get through. We all know that’s not going to happen. I’m only missing 2 items so I’m counting it as loss for me but I shop there a lot and the loss for them will be greater. My outside label was correct but the inside was wrong! Children’s Place this could be a fatal error. These are Christmas gifts that won’t be under the tree. People have prepaid and they’ve been robbed by your incompetence. They told me to keep the wrong order that I received. Lunacy!!! Someone is missing their pajamas.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I will never shop at the Children's Place again. Both times my experiences were the same. Canceled items that were available for me to order but I never received an email saying the item was no longer available. (My opinion items shouldn't say they're available and you pay for them if you're not going to receive your items.) I'm very upset. I bought my family matching Christmas PJs and my son is the one pair that now is no longer available. Why do I have to call about my order and wait on hold for over 30 minutes and all they can do is apologize for what happened. Like I said this isn't the first time it's happened. Change the problem. I don't recommend anyone to trust this company. Terrible customer service. And I order on Dec 4th.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

If you’re looking for good customer service and a company you can trust DO NOT SHOP HERE!!! They canceled my order 6 days after I placed it with no reason or explanation, reordered the products and was told they’d arrive on a Monday, a week later it finally arrived with the security sensor still on it. Sent emails and received no response, called customer service and was on the phone for over an hour and a half to be told they didn’t care about all the inconveniences they caused me and if I want it fixed I have to go into a store.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

My issue with this company has been the same as all the other reviewers. They will cancel parts of your orders even when items are still in stock. I ordered 2 pairs of baby shoes and just threw in socks to make an even amount. They cancelled both of my shoes ordered. I didn't get a notification of that until ONE WEEK of me trying to contact them because I checked the order status online. I tell her to cancel the 2 pair of socks also because I didn't need them. No reply. Then I get a message on 12/6 saying they shipped ONE PAIR OF SOCKS. Waited days... Kept reaching out because I have 2 charges for each pair of socks...

On the 12/11 I get another email. The OTHER PAIR OF SOCKS shipped. The one shipped on the 6th, still no update on tracking number. I'm still emailing them and calling - nothing. Today I get an email saying they're delivered. And lovely ** Jennifer responds to ONE of my 1938338382 emails saying that according to their records my order has been delivered already. LOL. WHAT A JOKE COMPANY. Thankfully I had reached out to my bank by the 5th of December explaining why I was not to be charged for the 6.02 and after a few days got my money back. This company should just close down today, right now. Useless. Save your time and money and just go to Carter's or anywhere else but this.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

Ordered 3 items 2 weeks ago. Tracking shows all 3 items shipped together. Received only 1 item in the package. Called customer service. First lady said there wasn't anything she could do. Talked to the manager she said she would email a coupon for the amount of the other 2 items. She said it would take 24 to 48 hours to get it. It's been 3 days now and haven't received any emails, tried to call and wait times are so high it hangs up. I feel like they stole my money at this point. These were Christmas presents that I now won't have time to order anywhere else.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I just hung up with the Customer Service Department after being on the phone for 2 1/2 hours!! Between the 30 minute hold times and my call escalating up the ladder I am raging! My experience started in store. I went to do some Christmas shopping and had been in there for about an hour when I found out from a fellow consumer that the website was 60% off everything no exclusions. So I went up to checkout to ask the ladies if they matched the price and was told “no sorry they don’t let us”. No big deal, right? WRONG!

I give the lady my bag and go home to get that 60% off. Everything was going just fine until I got to checkout. I get to the end and find out if I apply for a Children’s Place credit card I can get 30% off my total so I decided I better take advantage of this good deal and get some stuff for my boys (I usually shop elsewhere for them). I had a budget of $300. I get to my goal, apply for the card, and proceed to checkout. However there are two totals 1 that says estimated total $410 and another that shows my 30% off total of $270. I’ve already filled out my shipping info so I’m at the submit order screen.

I have no clue which total I’m being charged because both of them are showing and next to the submit button is NOTHING. So I pause and find a customer service number because $410 is wayyy outside of my budget and I have more shopping to do. I call customer service and they’re closed on Sundays!! Are you kidding me? How do you run an online business and you don’t have customer service available 7 days a week?! I decided to proceed with my order since I DID apply for the credit card and I already had to change out a bunch of stuff that was in my cart because it sold out before I could check out. And guess what happened after I submitted my order?! Spelled out loud and clear that I was charged $410. Where was this clarity on the previous screen?! No problem right I’ll just cancel my order and shop elsewhere, WRONG again.

After searching high and low I finally found out that once a order is submitted you can NOT cancel it!! I have to wait until my order comes in, which by looking at some of these other very recent reviews, I shouldn’t hold my breath to then go back to the same store that couldn’t match the prices and get my money back. I am livid, it is close to Christmas, and they were no help. I’m so sorry that happened. You have to use the credit card to receive that 30% off promotion. My response how am I going to use a card that I just applied for today?

Apparently there is a coupon code I was suppose to receive so that I could apply it to my order. There was NOT or else I would have applied it. Then they tell me that when I receive my card in the mail that I can apply the 30% off of my next purchase. There will NEVER be a next purchase. Have they lost their mind!! I do all of my shopping online and my kids I prefer in store shopping and I have never had a store NOT match their online prices, not have customer service available 7 days a week, or not be able to turn around and cancel my order online.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

My first time ordering was a good experience but my second has definitely not been. Granted I had a larger order the 1st time shouldn't matter when it comes to receiving it! I placed my order on Dec 4th 2018 and it's still not been delivered. I had called after a week when it hadn't yet been shipped and still processing trying to cancel the order but couldn't and they shipped it 2 days later... Won't be ordering ever again online.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I really wish I would have read reviews before ordering SMH, where to start. Well I have placed an order which part shipped and 5 still pending, on November 29th I got an email saying my order has been shipped, so I decided to track it. To my surprise USPS had no record of the shipping took place or they have received the items, fast forward to Dec 13th, 2018 and still no shipping details and cannot get through to customer service due to high call volume. I am furious because this is Christmas presents. I am going to call my bank and have them dispute this charge as I am noticing this is a pattern with this company. They need to go out of business. I wish I can give them a 0.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

This is the 2nd time I've ordered online from this company and I am so sorry I gave them a 2nd chance. The first time I ordered online was about 2 months ago. I initially went online to buy a winter coat for my youngest daughter and ended up buying a few other items as well. 5 days after purchasing, I get an email saying the coat has been canceled from my order. Supposedly it was "unavailable". I called customer service and they couldn't give me a reason why it said it wasn't available and they offered to take $10 off so I could reorder. Eventually I received the items but shipping was beyond SLOW. I placed my 2nd order last week for some knit sweaters and long sleeved tshirts. Get an email 5 days after ordering that 3 of the 5 items I ordered were "unavailable".

I check online and the same items are still there listed as in stock. I call customer service yet again and they have no logical explanation as to why this happened. I am offered another $10 off code to resubmit the same order again. Upon going online to enter the code it doesn't give me $10 off... it somehow only deducts $6.48. At this point I'm beyond pissed and don't care to complain about the issue with the discount. I place the order and I'm done. I get an email the next day stating that my order has been canceled, AGAIN! No reason whatsoever! I am DONE wasting my time and money with this company.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I ordered three items: puffer jacket, hat and gloves. However, the package that was delivered contained a pair of boots with someone else's billing and shipping information. I have been charged for the items I ordered but not received them. I have been calling and trying to contact someone since the end of November but the call volume is so high that I have not been able to reach anyone. I sent an email to the customer service email address and received a generic message stating that I would receive a response within 48 hours. It's now been almost a month and I have not received a response from anyone. I'm not sure who has my items nor do I know what else to do. I am an avid Children's Place shopper but after this experience, I will never order from them again. It looks like my only recourse is to contact my bank and dispute the charge--EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

If I could give it zero stars I would! Horrible! Ordered some things online 2 weeks ago. Part of my order never shipped. I called more than 20 times and I couldn’t talk to a representative. Apparently the volume of calls is too high (no wonder why...). I also sent 3 emails to customer service but got no response. I have never seen something like this. I will call my credit card to dispute the charges. Don’t get into this, buy from other stores.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

Packages are going to my previous address and I was told no refund, they can't change it, and they are sending another package to the same address since they split my order in half. They simply do not care about their customers. They are out of products and still allowing them to be available online. They will not cancel orders even if they haven't shipped. Completely unsatisfied.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I ordered my children pajamas for Christmas. My son's came, but after a week my daughter's finally showed up. I opened the bag and it was someone else's order and packing slip. I call customer service and I can't get through. Emails are unanswered. I want to send them stuff back but not on my dime. It was their error and I want my daughter's pajamas that I paid for. This company does not know how to do business!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I ordered 8 items on Black Friday. 7 were delivered right away. The 8th item has been sitting as “processing” this entire time. I have tried calling over 15 times, and the phones say they are busy and to call back later, then automatically hang up. I have written over 20 of the emails and have gotten zero response. If I can’t get my last item, I just want my money back!! I will never shop here again. I have never had this much trouble with an online order or inability to speak to anyone from the company!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I ordered a total of about 9 things. They cancelled 3 of them with no reason why no refund nothing. The 3 things I needed for my daughter's Santa pics. I have been calling for the last couple hours and can't get thru to any. I ended up ordering the outfits again since I really need them but I want a refund and an explanation.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I have placed several orders and they have all been canceled and the money is being held in pending on PayPal and my credit card. This is 12/7/18 and I have orders still pending from 11/15/18! I sent them an email and they never responded. I waited for an hour to talk to a rep and she told me the orders were canceled due to the shipping and billing addresses being different. She assured me that if I order again it will go through. I ordered and yet again they canceled. 7 orders! They have hundreds of dollars pending for 21 days, I have no clue when it will be released but there goes my kids' Christmas. I contacted the BBB and filed a claim. Hopefully that will make a difference.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I wish I had read the reviews before I ever dealt with this place. First of all, like many, two items out of my Black Friday order were canceled. Ok, fine, they at least refunded my money. But then they sent me the wrong order!!! On my receipt it says I can take it to the store so I did just that but the manager there tells me there’s absolutely nothing she can do because I don’t have the correct items. Well of course I don’t because your company sent me the wrong items! That’s why I’m here! So she gives me a phone number to call but I can’t get through to a representative. At this point they’ve pretty much stolen my money. I am closing out my account with them and taking my business elsewhere. Stay away from this company!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I will never spend money at Children's Place again!!! I purchased 3 different orders on 11/27/2018 and I am missing 3 items. A hoodie, a pair of shoes and a t-shirt. I tried to call the customer service 3 times and the wait time has been 30 MINUTES!!! I'm on hold as we speak right now. I work hard for my money and if I want to just give it away I will donate to a charity. At least that's for a great cause. This is bad business and customer service. I will NEVER shop here again!

The Children's Place Company Information