3.8/5 (540 ratings)

About The Children's Place

The Children's Place Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

I don't know how the jacket fit or looked, because I ordered it along with other items and never received my order I called and spoke to 2 different supervisors and they both told me there was nothing they can do, I told them I didn’t want my money back I just wanted the clothes I purchased, and they said there was nothing they can do, so now I'm out $80 something bucks which was for Christmas. I have never experienced this treatment with a company before, I have been a rewards member and customer for 8 years, I will never shop there again!!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2022

Have not received my order. Says it is in transit waiting to be picked up by carrier. Emailed them and no response. Website says I should get in touch with carrier. Unacceptable. It should be their responsibility. I was a good customer but will now be ripping up my credit card and shop elsewhere.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2022

Purchased uniform pants and uniform jumpers for my grandkids. They fit them with room to grow when tried on. However, they wore them once and were then washed but HUNG UP TO DRY - they were NOT dried in a dryer. Both the pants and the jumper shrunk RIDICULOUSLY. The store will not replace the item for a bigger size because they've been worn and washed. They will not return them even though they shrunk crazily or even exchange them for a larger size. I will NEVER shop this store again.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2022

I have placed an online order, after a few days I received the delivered package email, but I wasn't able to find it, sent an inquiry through the app and they give a case number and said someone will contact you soon, which never happened. After four days while I called them, they gave me two options 1 to check with delivery company.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

I ordered matching pajamas for all my grandchildren but one set did not arrive in the package. When I went to get that taken care of, the instructions said it was faster to request a refund then reorder. But now that size is not available!!!! So because they messed up and did not fill my order correctly, one of my grandchildren will not have the matching pajamas unless I start over and try a whole different style or a whole different company etc. It is late in the game now and a lot of places are sold out of various sizes. I am a very dissatisfied customer.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

They sent my package that was full price worth over $250 with no insurance, so when it did not get delivered to my home (lost or stolen) they said they aren't responsible for refunding my money. So I'm out the money because they decided to not have insurance on my package. Ended in me filing a police report and never seeing my money back, of course. The Children's Place should take some type of responsibility!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

I purchased some clothes for my grandchildren from this seller on Black Friday, 11.25.22. I didn't read the reviews because I was told that this would be a great place to shop for children. So like other customers, I knew that they would have awesome deals for the holiday. The store would not allow me the option to pick up my order at either location which honestly should have been a reason to not continue with this order. The first red flag was the company that they contract with to ship out their merchandise (Lasership) is based out of Charlotte, NC and has pending lawsuits against the management for stealing the customer products that were sent to the customer via text and e-mail as delivered but the customers never received the packages.

The second red flag was that it took too long for the merchandise to ship. I believe that the seller or someone working in the seller's warehouse is working one on one with Lasership and stating that the merchandise has been shipped from the seller's warehouse but never ships from the warehouse to the buyer. I don't have money to throw away and I will never ever shop with this company again or recommend to others. The third-party shipping company fraudulently signed my name and did not deliver the package to my home.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

I ordered Christmas Pajamas for my children. The package claimed it was delivered on November 22nd. I never received it. I checked with my neighbors as well just to make sure. I ran it back on my security camera and NOTHING was delivered to my home on this day. They use a 3rd party shipping company LaserShip who is also awful. They offered no refund or replacement. Told me to contact my financial institution. Worst customer service ever! Fraud is what it is called!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

I give them one star because this system doesn’t let me give less. I buy a pants and received the opposite of that and is been month and a half and they never send me a labor for return the merchancy and my money back. They always apologize the inconvenience but don't do anything for me and even when they are the one to make a mistake with the purchase. Never again!!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

I placed an order for some snow boots for my daughters online. The whole reason I even placed my order with The Children's Place was because they were one of the only places I could find a snow boot small enough for my toddler, and that they had a quick delivery date. By the time my delivery date came and went, my order was sitting in "transit" mode with a delay.

I reached out a handful of times wondering where my order was because I NEEDED them for a trip. I was continuously told that I needed to wait longer and reach back out in a few days. Each time I reached out I was told this. Until I was finally told by the SHIPPING COMPANY, not even The Children's Place, that my order had been lost. My daughters are now out snow boots because of this and I can not get a replacement on time. Maybe if I was informed my order was lost in the mail WEEKS ago, this would and should have been resolved. The Children's Place has not responded back to me and I am now out $80. AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE!

The Children's Place Company Information