Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.18/5

The Children's Place Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Original review: June 29, 2020

I read reviews prior to deciding to order several items from The Children’s Place. Reviews warned the company could make multiple charges to your bank account, therefore I decided to purchase a gift card to pay for the items I wanted. I purchased the gift card from Amazon for the exact amount I needed and amazon emailed the card number within minutes! I then completed the order and purchased the items. They were here within a few days. I also decided to “double watch“ the shipping history/dates by going directly to the shipping companies’ websites (USPS and UPS) and signing up for their text updates. This was helpful, as it did not always line up with what the Children’s Place reported through emails. When the clothes arrived, they were great and fit perfectly. So, overall, given the extra steps I had to take to ensure this, my experience was mostly pleasant.

Original review: June 4, 2020

Before Covid-19 of I received orders sooner than now but still have received all orders within a 2-3 weeks of ordering. I like all the things I have received. The prices are great. People have complained because they ordered for a newborn, plan on a month before your things arrive. If they come sooner great, if not you are not going to be bothered. It is a bummer when you order and receive a message unavailable but Macys and other stores do the same thing. It's frustrating that the website and warehouse are not in sync. I know some things are sitting in closed stores but can't be accessed. I have never been charged for shipping.

Get buying tips about Kids Toys and Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2020

After placing a pretty large order I decided to check out the reviews and I was immediately scared because most of them are negative. Thankfully my experience was very different. First of all, the sale was incredible!! I ordered 32 pieces of clothing for around $105 plus free shipping! One order was placed on 3/26 and the other was placed on 3/27, they put both orders in the same box and it arrived on 4/1. The clothes came neatly packaged. My only complaint is that some of the clothes appear to run a little small. I'll definitely be ordering from this company again, my kids love their new clothes.

Original review: July 23, 2020

I buy from this place often, so I wasn't expecting problems. I ordered some summer clothes for my granddaughter & had them shipped to my son's house. He told me when she opened the pkg, it smelled horrible! Rather than letting me return them, he washed them. I contacted Children's Place, can't even get a reply! They're using covid as their reason/excuse to not answer emails. My shopping with them is done!

Original review: July 17, 2020

I bought 2 shoes yesterday in The Children's Place in Vaughan Mills.. The other one no tag so they just write with pen on the receipt.. Then when I got home the other one not fit to my daughter so today I decided to change the size.. I told the cashier that I change the size of the shoes and I also got the size that I need. So she get the receipt and told me why in the receipt no tag but the shoes have tag.. I explain to her that yesterday the other one has no tag but the one is fit to my youngest daughter., Then the other lady came and ask me if change the size. I said yes.. Then she leave and bring my receipt and the shoes..

I'm waiting for almost half an hour.. Then I said, "What happened," the cashier told me, "You need to wait ma'am..," then the lady came and told me that maybe I bought the shoes to the other store and the receipt I bring is not the right one.. I said, "No. I bought it here.." Then when she go the cashier area she saw the other shoes (the one that not fit).. And she blame me that she asking me if that shoes (the one that I got) and she said I said yes.. She didn’t check first the other shoes (tag) before she leave and check... She’s the one who get mad and blame me.. And the cashier too didn’t approach me well.. She just laughing at me.. They didn’t say sorry to me because I'm waiting for too long.. They didn’t treat the customer right. :( I'm not happy with the service.

Original review: July 17, 2020

I applied for their credit card since 30% was offered off of my order. I have everything ready for checkout in my cart, I have all specific sizes and wanted to check out today. I was not able to do that. I spend long periods of time waiting for someone to answer the phones. However when they did answer, the employees were no help. I specifically had to call multiple numbers for the card then The Children's Place and no one was able to help me. Why advised something if the customer cannot applied the discount on their purchase. This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had.

Original review: July 14, 2020

On June 15 I placed an order for 3 pants to be delivered as in previous orders to my son’s address and because of delays history, I paid an additional $20 on a $17.34 order for expedite shipping as offered. A month later and after several calls I received a text stating my package was undeliverable! Customer service couldn’t explain what happened and offered a full refund to my credit card. A week later they only refunded the items cost but not the shipping and told me get a credit on my rewards or go fight it off with UPS to whom I am a third party and didn’t directly paid or hired for services. Once they get your $ you will never see it again‼️

Original review: July 13, 2020

My order was never received, even though it says delivered we didnt get it. I called The Children's Place for more than a month, to answer or resolve, I emailed them over 10 times and received the same automated email and final after almost 3 months, I get a human reply stating it shows delivered, so I need to take it up with USPS. order#**. I guess orders have never been lost or not received in their world but I do have to say this was by far the worse customer service experience of my life and I have already gotten 9 of my friends and family to stop shopping there because of similar online or in store experience and I am going to tell everyone who will listen about their unwillingness to try and settle the matter by giving me a refund. I am speaking to BBB and will be posting to Yelp, Google, and anyone else who will listen. Never again will they get any of me or my friends money.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I bought my son 4 outfits and they sent it as partial packages. 1st I got 1 pair of shorts and 2 shirt. The second package was another pair of shorts so I literally had 1 outfit that matched. I was still missing 2 shirts and a pair of shorts. After a month goes by I finally get a email. My 3 package is on its way and would be here by the 8th and they had charged my card for those items but by the 10th I didn't have them so I call and they say it's because there was a problem with the warehouse and they never shipped me those items but charged my card but would give me 15$ in points to go order something else but when I tried it wouldn't accept my points. Needless to say after 3 phone calls I finally just got a refund and will shop elsewhere to find matches for my random clothes they sent to me. I won't shop here again!

Original review: July 3, 2020

In April I ordered a 6 month old body suit for my daughter. I was charged 12.59 for it. It took a month to come. I received it in May. On June 30 I was charged an additional 12.59 out of my account from The Children’s Place for no reason. I spent an hour and finally got through to customer service. The lady looked at my account and noted that yes I was charged for June the 30 because I wasn’t charged in April. She then puts me on hold for 20 minutes. The customer service agent then told me that I was charged the 12.59 in April and not in June. I asked her why, she said she saw that I was charged the 12.59 in June. She said she never told me that. I asked her why she was lying and she told me it was my bank's fault.

The Children's Place Company Information