1.05/5

244 The Children's Place Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 12, 2019

I ordered items May 5th. They didn't "ship" until the 8th. Come to find out that they never made it to UPS. So I emailed them. They said it was shipped. I then called and they opened a ticket. Couldn't understand the person because the person wasn't American. I asked for a refund. They wouldn't even talk to me about it. Horrible company. This will be the last time I order from them. I don't even know if I will get my order or not. What a horrible company.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Within 60 seconds of placing an order, I contacted them to say that my old address was accidentally in the Ship To field. Their response? "Sorry, can't do anything. Can't even cancel the order." I have spent a total of 3 hours on the phone with UPS, USPS and my credit card company to figure out what to do. The call with them was ended with the employee saying "And we cannot reimburse any fees associated with this order, discount you on shipping shipping costs, etc." Gee, thanks. There are so many options out there for kids' clothing. No reason to ever shop here. I most certainly will not.

Get expert buying tips about Kids Toys and Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 1, 2019

DO NOT SHOP HERE!!! Awful customer service and terrible return policy! I bought over $120 worth of clothes for my daughters and used my $60 "rewards" cash or whatever they call it. Turns out they wanted dresses instead of shorts. Two-three days later (WELL before the expiration of my discount would have expired) I tried to exchange the value of what I bought for dresses, but they said it wasn't allowed. Apparently parents get ONE shot to get EXACTLY right what their kids want or you aren't allowed to use your coupon cash! One of the worst customer experiences ever had. Will NEVER shop here again. Go to Marshalls! Way better prices anyway.

Original review: April 22, 2019

Children’s Place has great clothes but they are huge ripoffs! They gave me over $300 in Place cash for an order I made. Last night when I tried to use 6 since that’s the limit I can use at a time, it was rejected by the site! The Place cash was within the time frame to be used but today I figured out the reason. They were in the process of raising their prices to make the items look like you were getting a deal when in fact you’re not. When I used the Place cash today the prices ended up being the same as they were last night before they raised the prices! Such a ripoff!!!

Original review: April 20, 2019

Guaranteed shipping my foot. Placed an order for a dress for my daughter to wear on Easter Sunday on April 1st. It’s now April 20th and the order is shipped but UPS is still waits for the package!! Easter is tomorrow and my daughter doesn’t have a dress. I called customer service and she said I have to wait 7 to 10 business days for a refund!! I have been shopping at Children’s Place since my 1st son was child. He’s now 20 years old. If I’m desperate I might go to store and buy something, but for me to ever place an online order again, it’s not going to happen. Not in this lifetime or the next!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Original review: April 20, 2019

My order never arrived to my home 'cause someone was home 24 hours. I called Children's Place and they told me bluntly since the order said it was delivered, is definitely delivered and that they can't help me. Am talking my $71. UPS said Children's Place can put in that the package is lost but of course Children's Place will not do it.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I placed an online order a few weeks ago and received a package a little over a week later; which I thought was a little long but that isn't the problem. Within the package were several items, none of which were any of what I ordered. The packing slip reflected the items that I'd ordered correctly though. I called the customer service number and ended up with someone clearly not in this country that had to keep putting me on hold to figure out what to do. He sent me an email with a shipping label to return the incorrect items and said that a replacement order would be sent right away.

After about a week I tried to call again and kept getting the "we are experiencing heavy call volumes, please try your call again later" with no option to continue to hold. So I sent an email and received a response that my replacement order would be to me within 7 days. I have yet to receive my order and have since tried AGAIN to call and get the same recording and getting disconnected. I've sent another email requesting a refund and of course haven't heard a word about that now either. NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I bought items online, returned at retail store and never getting refund. I talked to several customer care personnel. Every time I was told it takes 5-7 days to refund and it has been almost 4 months. Nobody seems to care but not giving back the refund is unacceptable... Case #**.

Original review: April 14, 2019

So, today I went to Children’s Place, and it was a very tragic experience. I was knee deep in clothes for my little girl, and I realized I forgot my wallet in the car, I have at least 12 things picked out by then. So, I went and picked up my wallet and went back. As I was picking out clothes, this family came in and they weren’t happy with each other. Of course, they came to the section I was in (go figure.). Then, they started arguing RIGHT BESIDE ME. I was terrified. They were hollering at each other, and I thought they were gonna start swinging.

To top it off they were looking for the same sizes I was. I got nervous because I was about to be in a brawl that I didn’t want to be in. I hurried and got what I wanted and went to a checkout line. Then, there was a woman who was yelling at her son for crying, and it made me think, well shoot, I do the same thing to my daughter. That made me realize that I am a bad mom. This experience has me never wanting to go into that store again. All in all it was a great life experience! I gave it four for the cute unicorn shorts I bought for my daughter.

Original review: April 11, 2019

We placed almost a 300 purchase for my kiddos. All went well. Confirmation number. 3 days later...cancelled...no reason. Money still pending in account. Could not reorder cancelled items. The customer service representative, would not say why it was cancelled. They wanted to talk to my bank first. What the heck?? The order was cancelled. Why do they still want to talk to my bank. They said it was a normal procedure. I have ordered many things online. It's not normal to cancel without reason and refuse to give answers unless they talk to my bank.

Original review: April 7, 2019

An online order was placed five weeks ago, with the wrong sized items being delivered the following week. I called customer service and after a 45 minute phone call the representative stated the correct sized item would be reshipped and delivered the following week. Two weeks past and no items were ever sent. I called again and was told that the representative never placed my new order. So again, after another 45 minute call the supervisor assured me that the delivery was set and I would receive the item within 5-10 business days.

Two weeks after that call no items arrived. I then made a THIRD phone call and was told there is nothing this company can do on their end until the product is received. She then proceeded to hang up on me. It has been almost three weeks since I was guaranteed the second shipment, with tracking, and the item hasn’t even been sent out yet. All in all I been waiting over SIX weeks for one item! This is one of the worst experiences I have ever had with a company.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Updated on 04/09/2019: I got the best news from the Children’s Place representative today!! My package was lost in transit. That’s right. Lost in transit. Meanwhile the UPS website says the label has been created and it’s on its way to UPS. They can’t help until the 11th day, meanwhile they have a 10 business day policy, I SMELL **! Abby which is probably a fake name puts her supervisor on and offers me the best deal they have and that’s 800 reward point. No I don’t want your reward points. I want my money back. They can’t refund me my money. Whoever the CEO OF CHILDREN'S PLACE is should be ashamed of themselves taking innocent people's money and not delivering what customers order. Stay far away from these con artist, thieves, crooks and scam artist.

Original Review: I placed an order last week and I still haven’t received my order. They are blaming UPS for not updating their system. Little do they know my husband works for UPS for the past 22 years. They say it’s in transit, no it’s not, label is still being created. Then they told me the package was delivered to USPS on April 1st. Called USPS. They haven’t received anything. They are liars and take your money and don’t want to help you at all. I will never order from them again. They lost a customer for good. I can care less about their sales. I rather spend more money knowing I will get my package on time. Stay far away from these CROOKS!!!

Original review: April 6, 2019

I made an online order on March 28, 2019. It was to be delivered on the 5th according to the first e-mail, then I receive an e-mail saying my package was delivered, but I didn’t receive a package, so I called Customer Service who then said they would have to open a case and investigate with UPS, so now I have to wait 3 more weeks, and then they stated that I won’t get my money back or the order shipped again, will never shop at The Children’s Place again.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Whatever you do, DO NOT get a credit card with these folks! Because my bank sometimes accepts the "0" in front of the account number and sometimes doesn't, when I went to pay the account online, it got rejected and they charged me a fee of $27. They will tempt you with coupons and discounts to get their credit card, but take no prisoners when it comes to mess-ups like these. Buyer beware!

Original review: March 20, 2019

I made a large order online and was advised that the package has been delivered. When I got home the package was nowhere to be found. Customer service did NOTHING!!! They told me they made a ticket and I'll be contacted within 10-14 days... USELESS.

Original review: March 16, 2019

Terrible treatment in the store in Fredericton, NB Canada. Had to wait for my daughter to have access to the change room. I stood patiently for about 20 minutes during which time the store Manager stopped by and looked at me and another customer and walked away. After this the other customer told me there is another change room in the store which I was unaware of since I do not shop in the baby section. Finally my daughter got changed. Next my phone lost battery and I could not access my Children's Place $10 off coupon but had shown it to the cashier earlier when daughter was changing. She could not help me out and I asked her when I could charge my phone up on her computer and she said no and then I asked her for an electrical outlet where I could charge my phone and she directed me to one.

Next the Store Manager stopped by to see what I was doing and I told her I had to wait for 20 minutes for a change room when there was one available and she did not have the common sense to tell me about the other change room. Next she grabbed the clothes I had in my hands and marched off to the cash register stating 'I have to get you out of here'. Then I told her at the cash that you should have a workaround for the $10 off coupon and she blatantly looked at me and said, "Pardon me." And I indicated the cashier knew I had a coupon but couldn't help me. She said, "I am the Manager and only I can only authorize coupon" and I indicated, "The cashier should be able to ask you to authorize it!" Anyway long story short I NEVER WILL SHOP THERE AGAIN.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I placed an order on The Children’s Place website. The order was processed, I received an email with tracking details. I received an email stating that my order was delivered on my mailbox, but there was nothing from Children's Place. I never got the package. I checked the address, the address is correct, but no items in sight. Still hasn't shown up. I contacted their customer service and they said there is nothing they can do, since tracking shows the order was delivered, they cannot refund you at this time. I placed a smaller order a day after my first big order and I did receive that one. Big loss on the 1st order, as they said they can only give back some points a and not a refund for the entire purchase of $90.00.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

As I was leaving the Country (USA) for next 5 yrs, I called and made all the required payments and told them to close my credit card in the first week of June 2017. Unfortunately even after making all the payments of about 300 Dollars made in last few months some $3 and few remained pending to be paid in my account. And so to my ignorance my The Children's Place credit card was not closed. (As I had just got my place credit card in April, I still didn't have my physical card yet). I left the country on June 9th 2017.

Fast Fwd few months and in March 2018, when my friends brings me all the mail to the country where I stay now, I see a The Children's Place bill of $211, shocking and surprised I call them and they connect me with the bank and they ask me to make settlement payment of $70 dollars instead, so I immediately make it and tell them to close my credit card as I no longer want it. This last conversation happened on March 12th. They tell me I will receive the notification and it will take at least 10 -15 days to close the bank account and for me to get the confirmation And so I believed them.

Fast forward almost a year later, when I get new sets of mails from my friend I see to more charges from The Children's Place 1) June 23rd with a new balance of $31 which states $14.50 is the fees charged on $17 previous payment. 2) 1st Jan that my debt of $182 dollars is moved to payment collector. Where did I go wrong, after paying once and for all settlement fees of $70. This is the first time ever I have confronted such issue which is spoiling my credit score. Please customers Don't get lure by The Children's Place's cashiers and employees in getting a credit card done for the just getting a discount of 15% extra. Their bank which handles the retail chain's finances sucks. It is just a trap.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I placed an order with children place and I received an email that my order shipped 01/24... I placed another order 01/25 and 01/27. The orders that I placed later I received before the order that shipped 01/24. (I still didn't received that order.) I called the CS to ask them what is going on with my package as I was already charged under my credit card for it. I also said that the tracking number is not changing and in the system shows "in transit to UPS" for 8 days now.

THE CS rep on the phone said IT TAKES UP TO 10 DAYS (I called on 02/01) and let them know that my order is pending under the website. I called yesteday because the order status is still not changing and I did not received my order but my credit card was charged. The rep on the phone said that it was UPS fault so I called the UPS and UPS said that the tracking number of my order is not correct and it was an error on Children's Place side.

The order is lost, so I called back because my credit card was charged and the rep said she cannot refunded my account. Only she can give me 700 points towards my account to cover the lost. The thing is I dont want rewards points as the stuff that I wanted are now out of stock, AND THERE IS NOTHING similar to stuff that were lost... Plus the points have expiration date that if I won't use them they expire... So please be careful and track your packages if you are ordering with Children's Place... If the order is in transit for more than 5 days it is probably lost.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I have been a Children's Place customer and cardholder for less than a year. I like the clothing they offer because the graphic tees are fun and cute and usually a pretty good deal when sales and rewards are combined. That being said, I have placed multiple online orders going back to December 2018 and each one of them has been cancelled a few hours to a day after I placed the order! I had my first 2 orders with them go through when I first got the card, but every order since has been cancelled without explanation! I have enough money on the card, all of my billing and shipping info is correct, and still my orders are cancelled!

As a separate, but related issue, given my feudal attempts at ordering online... I needed the clothing I purchased online for my children who are growing out of their current sizes of clothing. Since I wasn't able to order the clothes online, I took the time to go into a brick and mortar store. I went at the beginning of January, 2019, and when I went to make my purchase at the store, again, I had more than enough money to pay for my purchase on my Children's Place Credit Card. When I went to pay for my items, my card was declined repeatedly!

Finally, the associate called customer service for Children's Place and put me on the phone with the representative. Since it was after hours at their main headquarters, all this representative could tell me was that for some reason I only had $132 available to spend on my card, however, when I looked at the Children's place app on my phone, at that very same moment, I saw that I had over $400 as an available balance. The representative couldn't tell me the reason for the discrepancy, just that that was all I could spend a that moment or my card would be declined! I was floored! I wanted to void my transaction and leave the store, but my child needed the clothing, so I used all of the credit I was allowed and paid the rest with another form of payment...

Fast forward to three days ago when I went to try and make another order online as I had $15 in rewards bucks and a 20% coupon waiting in my account. I made my order and paid with my rewards bucks, used my coupon, and paid the balance with my Children's Place card. I received an email within five minutes confirming my order and it stated I would be emailed when my order was being shipped. An hour later I received an email that my order had been cancelled, for no reason!!! Not only that, but I checked my account and my available balance was short the amount I paid for the order and my rewards bucks were still gone!

The latest order was placed on February 3rd, and I still, as of February 08th, 2019, have not had my rewards bucks returned to my account. And, I just received an email asking, "Am I using my Children's Place card to its full potential," and that I have money on my card to spend. But I just, at this moment tried to place an order online, again, and my card was decline for insufficient funds! I am done with your games, Children's Place!!! This is ridiculous! I will pay off my card, close my account, and not shop at your stores again! I will also warn others to do the same!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2019

I received my package yesterday. Got all the items I ordered, package was addressed to me but the receipt was not mine. It was another customer completely different state with all her personal info one including her address. This means someone has my correct receipt, along with my personal address and info on it. I called, and they basically gave me the run around “and it would be escalated”. Also, took me three times one I was hung up in because I asked to speak to someone in the United States.

I am not ok with this. How many times can this happen? Or has happened and parents, family members personal address is sent to someone else? When I told the supervisor in the United States that I was personally going to send this person their receipt and explain what happened, she said, "Oh we can let them know..." obviously not explaining my story. Don’t think she would do anything, if I didn’t explain my plans. Very unprofessional. I am not happy about this.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I placed an order on The Children’s Place website. The order was processed, I received an email with tracking details, three days ago received an email stating that my order was delivered on my mailbox, but there was nothing in the mailbox from Children's Place. I never got the package. I checked the address, the address is correct, but no items in sight. still hasn't shown up. I contacted their customer service representative and they said there is nothing they can do, since tracking shows the order was delivered, they cannot refund you at this time. Do not waste your time or money on this company.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I ordered an outfit for my granddaughter last month for her birthday. I was told it would take 5 business days to arrive. Ten business days after placing the order, it still wasn't delivered, and I got no updates from them on the delivery so I called. The order also wasn't showing up in my account online. I called three times to fix this, but it remains unfixed. Then, I got an email saying one of the items could not be fulfilled, so only a partial order was going out. They said it would take 10 days.

Then, I got a notice by email saying it had been delivered via UPS which gave it to USPS last week. But there was nothing in the mailbox from Children's Place. Now, a week later, it still hasn't shown up, and the Children's Place said there is nothing they can do. They offered to give me 'Points' in my account for less than the amount of the purchase and delivery charges. This was a customer deliver fail from the moment. Do not buy from them, unless you don't mind having them take your money for nothing in return.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I placed an order due to receiving an email advertisement from Children’s Place. The order was processed, I received an email with tracking details, and today received an email stating that my order was delivered. Where!? I checked the address, the address is correct, but no items in sight. I checked the mailbox thinking maybe they were placed there for some odd reason, Nope! Upset I searched the website for a customer service number, no contact number. Listed only a email!

I have emailed customer service, but now reading the reviews I do not believe I will physically receive the items. Completely unexpected especially because I’ve been doing most of my baby shopping online and received all of them including my OshKosh orders. This is truly disappointing and unfortunate that so many others have experienced the same thing. Highly upset and looking forward to somehow getting my money back for the lost items. Or at least speaking with a live person (customer service) regarding my order.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I purchased an order of about 7 pairs of girl's leggings online that were discounted price so the order came to about $40. The website had some glitch and put my order in twice. I called right away and asked them to to fix it and they stated that once an order has been placed, it cannot be cancelled... which I understand cause they state that on the website. The lady told me I can drive to my nearest store and return them... I can not because the reason why I order online is because my nearest store is 4 hours away. She offered to send message to the distribution center to alert them to not fill the second order.

The next day I got email that both orders had been fulfilled and were on the way. I called back immediately and told them they needed to find a satisfactory way for me to get my second $40 back. They again wanted me to drive the 4 hour trip to return them, which I again refused. Their second attempt was they told me that if I don't want to drive them then I can pay my own postage and send them back... Yes she told me I have to pay my own postage! Ummmm nope I shouldn't have to pay to return stuff I didn't order!! I told her to send me a prepaid postage label and she said they won't cover the cost of returns.

I asked to speak to her supervisor at that time. Supervisor finally agreed to email me a prepaid postage and she admitted they are trained to try to make the customers pay the postage and only supervisors are allowed to offer the postage paid labels. I am not going to be shopping with this company again. There are Many online retailers out there and from now on I will be choosing a different retailer.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Order never reached me! I contacted them and they said, "Oh tracking says delivered" and "We not help you." I said, "But I did not receive. Help me." They ignore me and repeat same. They violate consumer right, I asked them call UPS and start investigation. They refuse so they are scammers! THEIR RESPONSE: Case#: **. "Thank you for contacting The Children's Place. Our records indicate your order number ** was delivered to the address provided. We are very sorry. However, since tracking shows the order was delivered, we cannot refund you at this time. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and suggest disputing the charges with your financial institution. If we can be of further assistance, please contact Customer Service at 1-877-752-2387, or visit www.childrensplace.com to view our Frequently Asked Questions."

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

Children's Place has lost me as a customer after 13 years. I went to return pajamas WITH tags, WITH receipt on January 19, 2019 and were told that I was 3 days past the return deadline (of which I had no knowledge). I've heard of return deadlines where you can only get store credit afterward but one in which the company could easily resell the products (with tags, never worn) but won't, on a technicality, is draconian and unacceptable. I've heard of no-store-credit after 60 or 90 days - but 45? The value of my return was $15 and the value of their inability to give me store credit was years more of loyalty - gone in moments. It's probably why a chain like this will probably be the next one to go belly-up, losing good customers on mindless corporate policies, applied inhumanely. They could do better. I don't complain often but this was unacceptable.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2019

I had bought my daughter a onesie. The zipper was messed up on it. Went to refunded it and had receipt. Cortney said it had to have tag on it to return but she would return this time but it was defective. If I had known I would of kept tag that something was going to be wrong with it. She said she need tag to resell. I told her it was defective. She never responded. Not very nice.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

Placed 2 good sized orders for Christmas presents and didn’t get one of the boxes of my first order. Tried emailing and calling customer support. Waited on phone for over an hour on hold. Placed another order because I’ve never had problems with them before but now my new order had items not being tracked. It has been an absolute nightmare. My daughter’s Christmas shoes and sweaters did not arrive. I was never refunded my money and the site still shows that those items are awaiting shipping updates. I finally had to dispute with my credit card company and now I’ve been blocked from purchasing on their site. I spend lots with this company but never again. Do not waste your time or money on this company.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Updated on 02/16/2019: Phoned 6 times regarding this and was promised numerous times through email and phone that someone would contact and nothing. That was 2 months ago. Issue was a location not accepting the Place Rewards that they handed out. THAT'S FRAUD. Look it up, no bother to fix this was ever addressed.

Original Review: Not surprised this center is closing, rude manager, staff smokes outside front door also. Ridiculous what myself and other customers have been through. Received "Place Cash Rewards," to be used December 27th to January 11th, from this location. Went back Dec 27th, myself and 2 other ladies had a stack of clothes to purchase, standing in line they refused to accept their "Place Reward Cash," coupons... WHAT??? WHY??? We asked. "Because we are closing" the manager says, "You've saved enough!" WHAT?? "We just spent an HOUR shopping in your store, and you won't accept the coupons that we earned?" That's FRAUD.

All of us dropped our purchases on the counter and walked out! The deals were 50% off, the same deals at the other stores. Manager stood there, not talking or caring in any way. You would think if they are closing they would want to move the merchandise. Called the head office and some district manager finally called back a week later and he was rude, I couldn't believe it, he said "that location is closing, what do you want me to do!" Called back to their head office and waited for a manager for 3 hours, finally got someone who said they would have a person call me who was in charge of Canada Children's Place. Week later no call. No one cares, called again yesterday, as I believe this is so wrong and unfair to customers. This time they promised me someone would call me back within 24 hours! No call. So I am now telling others of this experience.

IT IS FRAUD. To promise the use of a future coupon with a current purchase, and then not accept that coupon is considered fraud to profit that person/company. I spent an hour shopping there in good faith to be treated badly by staff and then by a district manager. They handed these coupons out, so they were participating in the program. I have tried to avoid this location because of the rude staff, by reading other reviews, I see I am not the only one.

The Children's Place Company Information