1.00/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 8, 2017

117 The Children's Place Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Bought $120 worth of clothes for 2 toddler boys. Had to return these items as they didn't fit properly. Oh boy! 2 days past 45 day receipt policy. I could do an even exchange, but no store credit. WTF??? I'm on my lunch hour trying to quickly return these items and now I have to hunt down more clothes. What's the big deal you say? Well, The Children's Place Corporate Executives... I'll tell you... My business, that's what! If you had given me store credit, I would have returned in store or online and most likely spent even more than the actual store credit. However, I spent the rest of my lunch hour feverishly picking out 5 replacement sweaters. $4 dollars short and to the credit of the clerk, he made an exception and gave me $4 dollars on a gift card. (Against Policy) - he almost saved you. He was so nice!

However, I will be throwing that $4 card away. This unforgettable shopping experience will be rewarded with NEVER, EVER, stepping foot in your store EVER again. People, do not put yourself in the position of tangling with the customer service policy of this company. Look at all the other reviews... The Children's Place = a corporate policy that doesn't care about you, your time or your children!! Shame!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I made an online order, paid for my purchase, submitted for Rush delivery. I received my confirmation, never received shipment info and then the following day I received an email telling me my order was cancelled with no explanation attached. I then proceeded to call customer service. Quite a few non-English-speaking Representatives on the line that also could not explain to me why my order was canceled or why the email that was sent to me states that the funds would not be removed from my account but the funds were removed from my account and then they proceeded to tell me that they would not release the funds for 3 to 5 business days! I have never been so upset with an online franchise as big as this.

Their email says one thing the corporate office is located in New Jersey but the call center is in Guatemala. This is a big scam. I need to figure out how to report them because I don't know how to deal with situations like this. But I am very upset my children have no clothes to attend my grandmother's funeral and I feel that I was robbed. So I feel that this should be put out there for awareness to others before they fall victim to the scams and frauds by these huge companies that use America as a front for their overseas operations.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

I paid for a pair of leggings for my daughter and not only were they never shipped, when I went to find the order it was gone, like I never even ordered anything. They charged my credit card and didn't even send it out. Definitely will not shop the website ever again! HIGHLY do not recommend.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I just had the worse buying experience ever. I placed an order and items was removed without my being notified. I happen to see when looking back online for something else. I called and requested that the whole order be cancelled and was told that there was no assurance it would be done. CSM Julie was very rude and refused to give her manager's information. I find it to be poor business practice to tell a customer that when they place an order there is not a guarantee they will receive that item. Worse yet to tell a customer that they can't cancel an order that was just placed and still in processing. So basically you never know what you will receive when you order from them and to be told that they have power to remove items but can't cancel order completely is just robbery. To tell me I can send back for a refund when they don't even need to mail out is ridiculous. I will never order again.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017
I have had a horrible experience trying to order online at The Children's Place online store, then they gave me a lame excuse as to why, here is the excuse:

"The order failed one or more of our rules for processing. Unfortunately we are not able to disclose those rules for security reasons. You can try replacing order again. However, if problem persists may we suggest shopping at one of our store locations. We cannot guarantee order will go through our system because it has failed a few rules in our processing. We may suggest to ship item to the billing address if they have not already done so." This excuse is unacceptable, I should be able to send my order to anyone I please within the United States! I will not recommend this store to anyone, not even my enemies!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Online Order cancelled with no explanation. Received notice of cancellation 5 business 5 days after the order was placed. Product did not arrive for an intended birthday gift. Call center in Guatemala is not Customer Service. Requested both by phone and online to have emails cancelled. Still receiving several emails per day. Called corporate office directly and operator was told to take a message and Customer Service would call back. Don't expect them to call back!! Suggest you do not do business with this company.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I am not sure I've ever been more shocked and disappointed with a company's customer service before. I ordered 14 items for my daughter, mostly snow gear for the new year, an outfit for the fall, two dresses for school pictures and holidays, boots, and a pair of shoes. I opened a credit card for the discount, received the package and was overall happy. Until I realized I didn't receive the two dresses or the shoes. I triple checked the order and tracking number. Both said they were in the shipment. They were not. I needed the dress and shoes for picture day the next week. (Ordered two weeks in advance.) So I try to contact online but the form won't accept my tracking #.

I call and I'm told they can refund my account and I can reorder if I want. If they send a reshipment it will take 20 business days. WHAT?! Then they say even if I reorder though, it won't come in time for the day I need them anyway. The people I spoke to sounded like they were from India. I just cannot fathom how Children's Place will stay in business with this type of policy. THEY tried to cheat me out of merchandise I paid for and then were not willing to correct their mistakes and make it right. I will be closing my card and unfortunately never shop there again. I have no idea how they've managed to stay in business this long and the retail industry as it is cannot afford to lose customers. Wow!

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Ordered 3 pair of 6 slim jeans due to the store do not sale slim sizes. Was excited when package arrived but the package seemed too lightweight for 3 pair of jeans. There were 3 toboggans hats. Customer service is a joke. They immediately emailed me free shipping with UPS to return their merchandise. I was informed I should receive my jeans next week. I asked for express shipping since it was their error. Children Place is history. No store, no online no use of place card. Corporate do not take customer call. They don't even list a number. I will return jeans and hats in the same bag. Bad service. Most workers you can't even understand what they are saying. Bad service.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

All I can say is there was a sale and I FILLED my cart with 80+ items and went to check out and none were there. I'm livid, it took me over hour half because my daughter wanted some things she saw from there, otherwise I know their quality isn't my usual GAP, etc. Ironic the site is down for the sale(?!) I'd like to be compensated as I was about to drop prob a grand with them, but their loss. I'd appreciate a % off, if you want to make up some money, you'd be smart to do it! All these people deserve this deceitful behavior on their "sale times." Very upset. Wasted a good hours half piling in items. Ugh.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

I've shopped at the Children's Place for years, since my kids were little. I've always loved their clothes so I'm really, really disappointed about this - I shopped at one of their stores on Labor Day (almost 2 weeks ago) to do some school shopping and there was a glitch with their computer while I was paying for my transaction. My account was charged twice - once I realized this, (later that day) I contacted the store and was told by a manager that I just had to wait 2-3 days and the money would be back in my account. If not, I should call customer service.

My money wasn't refunded so I called customer service and was told to wait another couple of days and my money should be back. They said the manager should have put in a request for me but there was no record of it. So I asked them to put in a request for me (I had to actually ask them to) and then was told it'd be another 3-5 days. 3-5 days later my money still wasn't refunded. Mind you, I just wanted the additional charge that was taken out of my account to be returned. I wasn't asking for anything extra, just for what was mine to be returned. So I called again and asked what I had to do to get my money back.

I was told that they were looking into it and I'd get an email by the end of the day telling me what they found out. I asked what my next step should be to get my money returned if they didn't email me. The woman at the call center assured me that if they said they'd email me they would. Ok, that's great, I was looking forward to finding out when I'd get my money back. No email. At this point I'm really frustrated but am trying not to take it out on anyone, I just want my money back. It was enough that it affected my account and I just want it back. So I called their customer service again and was told that they had decided they didn't actually charge me twice and if I still had a problem with it I had to speak with my bank. Seriously? I have proof that this happened, and I'd be happy to share it if that helps. So I call my bank and they verify that yes, I was charged twice by The Children's Place. And no, the extra charge hasn't been refunded.

I just can't believe that they won't return my money. I'm genuinely surprised that they don't have a simpler and more honest way of correcting a mistake like this. Were they hoping I'd just give up? I don't know but now I have to wait another 10 business days to get my money back. And it's sad because half of my kids' clothes are from The Children's Place. I know I'm just one customer and that my business isn't going to make or break them but come on, just do the right thing.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Coupon codes are not applied to online orders. The message says it will apply at the end of the order. That is not true! When you call to have the code applied to your order they tell you they can't do it until the order is shipped. SUCH A SCAM! I'll never but another thing. THE CHILDREN'S PLACE=SCAM!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I purchased uniforms for my son online that is now in pre-k. At first they said he had to wear uniforms. Then they changed so I went to return them. I didn't want my money back. I wanted a store credit to get other things for him even though I had my receipt and items were still in the packaging they came in. I call the store before I went in and after I got there the same person I talked to said I couldn't because it was 2 days past the return date. I would you sweet and if I no receipt and wanted my money but all I wanted was a store credit. I will not purchase anything else from them and I WILL MAKE SURE I TELL OTHERS NOT TO AS WELL NOT TO SHOP WITH THEM.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Purchasing online with this company seems simple enough until your order is incorrect and then I have to say -- good luck! The toll free phone number provided is constantly a 30 minute wait time so I don't believe they have many employees manning the phones. There is an option to email your issue to them and I tried that, provided order number and specifics. Received an immediate canned response thanking me for my email and stating I would receive a resolution within 5 business days. 15 days went by before I called and endured the 30 minute wait. Finally spoke to a representative from another country and she promised to credit the account. I'm not confident this will be done.

ADDITIONALLY: When I placed original order I earned "place cash" entitling me to $10 off $20 purchase and I could use up to 6 coupons. I attempted to place my order and all went well - even discounts were showing UNTIL I continued to confirm/pay for the order. At that point A big banner came up stating their site was down for maintenance. Convenient that this happened on the last day I could use my coupons, don't you think?

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I applied for the charge card under the assumption I can use it the same day for the 30% discount they offer when you apply. WRONG. They do not offer you the code or account number when approved (they use same bank as other stores who do allow you to use same day). Called customer service was told I had to wait 2 weeks to receive coupon in mail... NOPE cancel my account please! Never again...Do not waste your time...

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

So this August 2017 they have a on going promotion spend 20 and get 10 back towards store credit. I received my promotion so I decide to make another purchase during checkout. It said promo was expired. I tried to call them was on hold for an hour 30 and never spoke to any one. I email them. Nothing till this day.

Original review: July 24, 2017

I'll admit The Children's Place has some pricey clothing especially when your child grows so fast and seasons always changing. Your children never really has time to wear out how much money you actually invest in the clothing. That's why I choose to shop when they have deals going on. It's the ONLY time to shop there, well recently I received an email with a killer back-to-school sale. I decided to check out their online website and make a purchase. Now before I go into details I'm just gonna say it's better to shop in the actual store so you can know exactly what you're getting and see the quality of what you're getting. Well the deal was online ONLY and so I decided to go ahead and take my chances online. I proceeded to go to my cart, I hit checkout through my PayPal account and BAM! order finished! I didn't get a chance to confirm my home address, my billing address, nothing!!

They pulled my old address from my PayPal and auto filled the address on my children's Place account. I have never had a website do this before! I immediately called customer service to fix this issue. Now It's about 2am and the voice Machine says they will reopen at 9am. I didn't want my order to be processed and shipped to the wrong address, so I called technical support, the wait time took 45mins!!! Like who the hell is also calling children's Place technical support at 3am? By the way It turns out your wait is almost an hour long no matter what time of the day you call. Anyway, Every customer representative is an Indian woman! Not trying to be rude, but they are very hard to understand and feel they do not sympathize with your problems, they are almost robotic if you will. I explained my issue and she proceeds to tell me I'm the lucky caller and won a $25 gift card!

I'm confused because I have a problem here that she is not attending to it. She keeps putting me on hold, transferring me to other Indian women who seem to have no idea how to help me so they keep passing me around like playing a game of hot potato. After an hour of repeating my problem to several different representatives they disconnect me, I didn't understand why I was hung up on? I was cooperating, I didn't raise my voice, I just wanted my problem fixed! I immediately called back and my phone would automatically hang up as if they were on the other side declining my call after one ring. I was so upset after trying multiple times of not being picked up. I waited and called at 9am. After another 45min wait, another Indian women answers. I again explain the situation on how my address is not correct on my order and I need it changed before it's processed and shipped.

She puts me on hold for another 30 mins and says, "Sorry, there's nothing I can do for you once you submit your order." I explain, "So what!? My order ships to my old address and I'm out my money?!" She claims she will hurry and leave a note on my order that says to cancel it and should receive an cancellation email in 30-60 mins and then proceeds to put me on hold and then hangs up. Annoyed I wait for the email and nothing!!! Fed up, I called PayPal and asked them to see if they can decline the funds for the order. I also explained it was being shipped to the wrong address. They seemed helpful and said after the phone call they will do everything in their power after we hang up to contact the merchant.

Several hours later I get a cancellation email on my order from children's Place but they kept my money? I still have yet to be refunded my money!! Or heard any word on that supposed $25 gift card "I won". This is by far the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I'VE EVER DEALT WITH IN HISTORY!! I literally made this account to write this review!! I hope children's Place will one day see these reviews and help better their customer relations. I will shop elsewhere in the future. Be very cautious of this company, from reading other reviews they almost seem fraudulent!

Original review: July 11, 2017

Back in May, I opened a credit account with The Children's Place. I made one big purchase, so I could get my first time user discount of 30% off. The girl who opened my credit card made her own purchase while I was shopping. I got an email receipt for my purchase. Not for the other one. I tried to contact the credit card company. They refused to credit my account. They sent me a receipt with a purchase claiming I did it.

Original review: July 6, 2017

The Children's Place in Canada has awful customer service! DO NOT shop at Children's Place. They have extremely horrible reviews and very bad quality clothing as well. Recently, I accidentally purchased 2 exact t-shirts for my son from 2 different purchases. I had already thrown away the store receipt when I realized that I have 2 of the same shirt for my child. I visited the store to explain to the staff that I do not have the receipt but the shirts still has all the tags intact. I asked if I can kindly exchange one of the shirt I purchased for another shirt in store... Same style just a different graphics on the shirt so that my son doesn't end up having 2 of the same shirt. I was told "NO" so I asked for the customer service phone #. She wrote it down with her name and said, "You're wasting your time calling". I sent an email to Children's Place and it's been almost 2 weeks and still haven't heard from them.

So I went back to visit the store hoping I can speak to the store manager and see if she can help. She also said to me that she cannot help me so I called the customer service phone number. The total wait time and trying to get hold of a live rep took me 45 mins. I finally spoke to a lady and I couldn't understand a word she's saying. I had to explain several times over and over my issue and at the end she told me she cannot help me without a receipt. I ask her if someone else with higher authority can help me and her exact words to me was, "I do not have the authority to connect with you someone else". This experience was very upsetting because all I wanted was to exchange a same style t-shirt for another. I wasn't even asking for a completely different shirt and their Children's Place brand name is printed on the shirts so it's not like I purchase the shirt elsewhere and trying to exchange it at their store.

After 2 weeks of trying to get my problem resolve via email, phone calls and in-store visits, I'm still unable to get help. The staff are rude, unhelpful and clearly does not care about their customers. I even ask the rep on the phone if they don't care about their customers going elsewhere to shop and she said to me, "Then, that would be your choice ma'am". DO NOT shop at Children's Place. They have extremely horrible reviews and very bad quality clothing as well.

Original review: May 23, 2017

The worst customer service EVER! If you do not have a gift receipt when you receive a gift forget about getting an exchange or store credit! They will only exchange for size. What happens if you don't like the pattern or they don't have your size??? They don't care!!! Like I said, the worst customer service! DO NOT SHOP AT CHILDREN'S PLACE! They DO NOT CARE about customer satisfaction! These are children, they are picky and could not want something for the smallest of reasons! Even the corporate office was of no help! They could care less! The worst return and exchange policy! There are plenty of other stores who care about their customers... Shop anywhere else but Children's Place!

Original review: May 21, 2017

Worst experience with the customer service. The Contact Us number has a minimum 25-30 min wait time no matter what time or day you call in. The customer service agents are not able to resolve the issue on the spot. All they will do is escalate and moreover the customer doesn't have any visibility over the escalations. No emails confirmation, No progress details, No update. The only way to know the updates is call back in on the contact us hotline and wait for at least 30 min to talk to an agent. Worst Customer service ever in this age, where things should move faster with all the technology in place. These guys have a definite looong way to go to be at par with their competitors.

I had purchased a gift card, which was misplaced. All I requested is to cancel the gift card purchased and issue a new one. It is over 60 days now and I am still waiting for the gift card to arrive in mail. And for this request to be processed I had to call in 4 times be on a minimum 30min wait and hear the rep response that my request is escalated and there are no updates yet. Finally, I think I have already given up on my $50 gift card. I don't have the patience and the time anymore for another 30 min wait call. Worst experience!

Original review: May 13, 2017

I use to love shopping at The Children's Place and now I really hate it. I applied for a Children's Place credit card and was real excited that I receive it until I made a purchase and it was declined right away. I called the Customer Service and they couldn't ever tell me why my purchase was declined and on top of the exclusive offer I receive wasn't any good. So I tried to make another purchase and it was declined again because of insufficient funds. I called the Customer Service again and they said I would have to wait five days for the money to be back on the card. I ask why when they declined the purchase right away. They still couldn't give me an explanation. This is so unacceptable.

Original review: May 3, 2017

Buyer Beware! I place my order April 17, 2017, and received a confirmation that they shipped it on April 20, 2017. Well they took my money and now my package is still in transit to UPS since April 20, they haven't updated where the package is at or nothing. I call The Children's Place, and, of course, they gave me the runaround, after 45 minutes of holding. I emailed them and they said they will get back with me. I called UPS and they telling me the tracking detail is wrong. I wish they will credit my account so that I can purchase my grandchildren thing at a more reliable place. This is the worst online shopping experience I have ever had. I have been an online shopper for over 10 years. In my opinion, The Children's Place is a ripoff.

Original review: April 11, 2017

I want to start by saying I actually created an account just so I could post this review. I've never spent time reviewing a place even if I did have a bad experience but my God Children’s Place is next level. So, I tried ordering on their website when they were having promotions going on (always too expensive otherwise) and none of my credit cards were working, so I figured it’s a glitch on their website and called, they couldn’t help me. So, I bought an e-gift card to place the order and it didn’t come with a pin. Called them and they said it’s sold from a third-party seller so they can’t do anything about it. Called the website and they said it’s how its sold to them so call Children’s Place back.

So I’m calling back and forth for a few days (on the phone all day for 5 consecutive days) and they say, “for all the trouble here’s a promo code and call back when you place the order, whenever that may be, and we'll offer you a price adjustment and honour the prices that were going on when I wanted to order but wasn’t able to”. So finally today call again and they tell me, “okay we've sent out another card by mail this time but it'll take 4-6 weeks”!! I'm like, “well that’s too long, I'll just buy another card and I’m ready to order, can you offer the price adjustment”, and she said no! They conveniently couldn’t find that offer in their notes!! And she proceeds to tell me that the promo code was in replacement of the price adjustment. I tell her we'll take back the code, I just want the price adjustment, and she said no. So I told her I won’t be ordering and giving them a very bad review.

I really wish I had just listened to the reviews here so I could’ve saved myself all of this headache and all the wasted time. Please do not buy from them. And to top all of this, I called my local Children’s Place and the manager said she would give me a price adjustment and I went in and took a good 45 minutes picking everything out and figuring out sizes and such, and at the end of it all she totaled double what it was in my cart and said that’s the best she could do, so not a price adjustment at all either! I'm never buying from them again. And if you’re smart, you won’t either!

Original review: April 2, 2017

Do not shop here!!! They will not return ANYTHING without a receipt, not even for merchandise credit. Unheard of! If shopping for girls I recommend Justice. Yes, they are a little more expensive, but the clothes are more hip for tweens and they accept returns without a receipt that us crazy busy Mom's might run into. I have spent so much money at Children's Place throughout the years. No more. They lost a customer for good and with that policy could probably care less. There are ways for retailers to control people that abuse returns without receipts by their membership numbers or drivers license numbers. Their person was also so rude at the register at Fair Oaks Mall. NEVER going back! Save yourself the hassle as well!

Original review: March 27, 2017

I have shopped with this company consecutively for 5 years and these 2 years has been the worst with getting proper customer service and courtesy. My last incident is the end of me shopping with them and I wouldn't refer anyone to buy anything from them. I missed a coupon by $5 and was willing to spend the $5 to get the coupon but because the order shipped, I was unable to spend the $5 in order to obtain the promotion. I basically understood that they would rather me return the $100 in merchandise rather than allow me to spend the $5. Ok, your loss because you have lost a loyal Diamond member and I will be returning the order once I receive it.

Original review: March 20, 2017

I placed an order 3 weeks before we going overseas. When I saw that the stuff are not arriving I checked my email (I'm not on my email every day) and I saw that they cancelled the order god know how, they didn't even say a reason. I wanted to place the order again because I needed the stuff and I didn't have enough time to find other staff so I called the customer service to ask them for express shipping for free. Fair, no? It's not my fault. After waiting 20 minutes on the line the officer told me again and again that it's impossible and they have nothing to do. I asked for manager, the manager was much worse. He said that it will take 48 hours to find out why it cancelled before they do anything... THIS IS RIDICULOUS. When I got angry and I asked him to find a real solution he simply HUNG UP!!! This is CRAP SERVICE. You know that Carters are gonna get all my deals from today.

Original review: March 17, 2017

Somehow I ended up with two accounts. It took four calls to customer to fix this. All they had to do was combine the accounts into one. They finally did it but did not transfer my points and put me back to 0 points. I've called two more times and still no points. This is the worst customer service ever. First of all if you're gonna have your stores in the United States you need to have some English speaking reps. I can't understand them and they don't understand me. I had a lot of points. If I don't get my points I will never order from this company again and I have 1000 friends on FB that I will also tell every one of my friends. I'm usually a very patient but now they are gone and I'm done being nice.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

Return policy - On 1/27/17, I went to the Cutler Bay location to return a dress I purchased in October 2016. The cost of the was $19.97. I was told by the sales person that my receipt was expired. Unbeknown to me because I never looked at the receipt after I made the purchase nor did I ever have to return any item. I was told by the salesperson that I was allowed to exchange the item for a bigger size which was perfect! Unfortunately, the size I needed was not available. I asked if I could have a different item that was around the same price. I was told the store was unable to let me get a different item. I'm very upset because I spend hundreds of dollars with this store on a yearly basis and just this one time I was not allow to get a different item! Where the exceptional customer service and customer satisfaction??? I will never shop at this store again!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I wish I read the reviews before, I would have saved a headache. We bought three pairs of shoes for Christmas and they were small. So we went to the store in Wheaton mall in Silver Spring, Maryland to exchange them with the receipt. We were greeted by a rude cashier and another rude person who was supposedly a supervisor. The cashier was very angry, she was very rude and she told us that we won't be able to exchange them. When we asked her about the reason, she told us she can't tell us the reason. We tried to contact the customer service department, and never called us back.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

I returned my daughter's clothes on 1.2.2017 and it's 1.17.2017 and I still haven't received my money back. I was never informed the day I made my refund transaction that there would be 7-10 business days before I received my credit card transaction refund back. I had to contact their 1.877.827.7895 in order to find out about their refund policy. It is very unprofessional to take my money immediately but then I have to wait 7-10 business days to get my money back. Every time I call their customer service number, they still are waiting to find out the reason that it's taking so long to receive my refund.

The Children's Place Company Information