2. Miscellaneous

1.1/5 (466 ratings)

About The Children's Place

The Children's Place Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I've done many orders with them and never had an issue, but the last two packages that I ordered, I did not receive them, so I called for help. They kept sending me in circles and telling me to call a bunch of other people. It started getting frustrating to the point where I don't want to do business with them anymore. I still haven't gotten a refund or replacement for both my orders and I don't know what to do because I need my money back.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Bought a winter coat for our child. Size was much bigger than tagged. And way too puffy, so couldn’t be used in car seat. Brought to store to return less than a week later. Was told by clerk the coat was on sale, so, although we paid $80, we would only receive a $45 refund. This is robbery. Asked for manager. Manager Rudely said “do you want to the money or not”? Decided to keep the coat and donate it. Will never shop at this store again. If this store ever comes up in conversation I will tell this story. I will tell this story every time I hear a retail nightmare mentioned. How Rude!

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I placed a 22 item order that was split into 4 different orders on the 5th of October and to date I have received 4 pieces. That do not even match, My daughter has picture day coming up at school and we have NOTHING to wear. Thanks to the lies told by this company in reference to delivery date. Customer Service could care less and I have made several calls concerned about my order and they could absolutely care less. If I can not grab it from the store I will never order from this place again. Thank you for ruining my daughters Pre-K Picture Day. :(

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I made a purchase at the mall at the Children's Place & they offered the credit card and blah blah, so she said, "The good thing is you don't need your sales receipt if you need to return when you use your card. I said, "Yes I love that stores do this. It makes it so much easier." So I got the card, even paid it off at that same day, I talked with her saying, "I'm not sure if the clothes will be needed. We think there's a dress code but they aren't sure at the moment." So she said, "If you are going to pay it off & think you will be returning things it will only place your account in a credit of the amount." I said, "I know I love seeing that makes me feel like I have extra money laying around." So that's when she said it about the sales receipt.

But anyway I went to the store without the sales receipt. It was hectic in the store the day that I purchased this stuff. As all back to school parents I'm sure understand my frustration haha. But I went yesterday and they said they can't just run the card for the return. I said, "What do you mean all stores do it," & the lady and I talked about this the day I got the card & made the purchase. She said she doesn't know who told me this but it's not true, so I went on email 3 check for the emailed information that I got that they got my email address for. And I can't find it, she gave me a number and I called it right there in the store.

Meanwhile one of my kids is spinning in circles, the other holding himself cause he has to use the bathroom, the # she gave me was useless, so I tried to call the number on the back of the card & it buzzed in my ear (not like a fax just a strange noise). I said I need to go take the kids to the bathroom and I will be back, well the boy wet his pants on the way so I was all around frustrated.

I got on Google to see who do I call. There's even a spot that you can click for your receipts & I clicked it thinking omg was it this easy? Well it definitely wasn't. So I sat in the family bathroom trying to reach someone to help me with this & got put on hold switched to a different person a few times because they couldn't help me, & turned out once I got to hopefully is the right person they was closed. So today should be such a joy when I go back into the store this time after kids are in school.

I am going to try another store because they definitely wasn't trying to work, the only reason the lady did come to the register was because the girl on register was training and needed help. There were two other store workers standing there chit-chatting about when they went out over the weekend, so when she came up to help the girl she said, "I can help you over here." I thought well damn it's about time, because I was standing there for almost 20 minutes waiting. I wasn't trying to be rude. I could tell the girl was new but I also couldn't understand why two people were standing there just talking while there was a line building up. And then come to find out there's somebody in the back office as well. So I will never return to that store and if I could not get any help with this today they can keep their credit card and shove it up their **. I might just be one person but I hope this helps somebody in my forever rant...

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

So I ordered from Children's Place 250$ worth of clothes for my baby sister, they said they delivered the packages and I never received it. After calling them and OnTrac they still are telling me they can’t replace my stuff. I told them I have cameras and no one came to deliver my things and they still didn’t do anything… at this point I’m seeking legal counsel because this is crazy. I work hard for my money for them to not try to make things right when I never received what I purchased!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I placed an order 3 weeks ago. Tracked it down. Says package damaged in delivery. TCP never called to tell me or send me a new package. I had to call them and even after calling them AND speaking to a supervisor, they refused to send me a new package. How does this make any sense at all?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

If your package got lost - they won't do anything. No one ever will reply to you via email or update on the status of the ticket. Calling won't do anything, after an hour on hold, they said that there is nothing they can do.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I order online and when selecting shipping to come earlier it said it would be here by Tuesday 8/17/2021 but now is Wednesday and still have not received it. I would have not wasted $20 on getting my shipment early if it would have came later than the date that was given. They give false dates online and will do nothing to make up for their mess up. I never Had a problem with ordering online through Children’s Place and I have never rushed an order But the first time I do and it was not worth it I had to go buy other uniform elsewhere and now at losing out on $20 when it was not rushed. Depending on ever ordering from children’s place online maybe will start shopping locally when my needs will be met. I spend a lot of money with children’s place and also refer a lot of people to shop here and now I will not be doing that. It is much easier In person and the customer service is better in person than on the phone trying to fix this issue.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Ordered online from them. One part of my order is to be delivered by Lasership (the carrier nor The Children's Place knows where my order is at) and I have one polo being delivered by UPS. Makes no sense. Now I am being told they have 7-10 business days to process my order. Will never buy from them again.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I was purchasing school uniforms for my kids but they promised a 30% discount on an order, the literally said price 100 with the credit card 70 but clearly is a fraud. They did charge me the whole amount, only gave me 1000 and my credit score went down, what a bad decision trust this company.

The Children's Place Company Information