1.0/5 (41 ratings)

About The Children's Place

The Children's Place Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Original review: May 20, 2022

I would give them 0 if I could. Placed an order and it said, "Apply for a credit card and you will automatically receive 30% off at checkout." Applied. It said, "Congratulations. You were approved. Your discount will automatically be applied at checkout." Showed me what my new balance would be but when I checked out the 30% was not taken off. I emailed them immediately because their customer service center is closed on weekends. Gave them 5 days to respond.... No answer. Called and they refuse to credit me back the difference. Told me they will give me a coupon for next time. There won't be a next time.

I sent everything to my son directly because they live 2 hours away. Bought everything my grandson needs now because I was supposed to get 30% off. This is false advertising, they do not stand by their own advertisement. They told me to go return everything and repurchase it. I will return everything and never purchase anything from them again. Buyer beware!!!!

Original review: April 29, 2022

Place an order (#**) in March, apparently delivered on April 1st by Canada post, with nothing in the mailbox, contact customer service was told I was going to get a refund, placed a second order: Order Number **. Order Date April 7, 2022 at 3:49pm #**. F. D. ** to replace the one I never got (one item was already out of stock). Got it delivered straight to Canada post for me to pick it up. After over a month and countless phone calls and excuses still no refund. Used to buy my kid's uniforms from them either directly online or from Amazon, NEVER AGAIN.

Fausto D.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Ordered from The Children's Place and ordered a pack of shirts size 5/6. They sent me size 4. Went to the store to return and they refused to return them due to no tags on the shirts. They came in a multi pack and had no tags when I received them. Customer service is a joke. They said no returns without tags and no exceptions. How can I return them with tags when they sent them with no tags. When I called back and disputed it they said I need to return to the store and speak to a manager. I spoke to the manager when I was there and she refused to return them. Customer service service said there is nothing they can do. No refund, no exchange, nothing. Awful service. I have never had a problem with customer service before but everything has changed now. Beware.

Original review: April 4, 2022

So I made 3 purchases, spent my last dollars on summer clothes for my son. They charged a second 'ret rev' transactions for each transaction. Basically return reversals without a return! I called and they acted like I was overreacting and said their authorization holds and will be returned within 3- 5 business days. First of all, I cannot afford to have this money pending, I'm a single mom on disability and I now have 90$ in limbo, my account is -62$, I've been charged a 10$ overdraft fee for my account being in the negative, not my fault because this is not a normal nor legitimate transaction! It's not an authorization hold, the money was taken and then a ' return reversal' yet no refund!

It's very Shady that they're doing this and I'm stressed because the money I'm supposed to get April 5th for my son's birthday cake and water table (birthday April 8) will not cover those things if my money is not returned to my bank account! I made an online purchase, I paid and now I feel deceived due to them using a deceitful way to take more money from my account. This is not acceptable. I would like my money returned immediately! Plus an extra ten dollars for the overdraft fee I incurred. I was not informed that any more than what I paid would be taken from my bank account and I did not authorize it. Very unprofessional of them. Who does this? I would suggest to not purchase things online with your own bank account and to use a prepaid Visa debit as to avoid this. I do not want to be stressed out as a customer. That's not the kind of experience I should be getting.

Original review: March 10, 2022

This is the second time that I ordered online but unfortunately, the customer support let you wait for 10 days more to get an update with your order. The last time I ordered, they said my package was lost but in the tracking Purolator didn't pick up my package from the warehouse. So after 2 wks of waiting they refunded my money. So right now, I tried it again and still there's no update, I don't know how they manage their business like this. It's so frustrating because I will use that order for my niece's coming bday.

Original review: March 7, 2022

PayPal added a wrong address to my order (which I cannot even find on my PayPal account to remove). I made a request to change the town in my shipping address within minutes of realizing the error. I am astonished that their customer service is so incredibly poor that they refuse to accommodate such a simple request. They also will not cancel the order even though it was only made minutes ago. They will ship the order and wait for it to be returned to sender, and perhaps after a month, I might receive my $300 back. Rest assured, I will never be shopping with you again in the future. Everyone complains that Amazon is taking an unfair share of the retail market, but perhaps that's because their shopping experience and customer service experience is so far superior to this nonsense. I have less and less sympathy for their competitors.

Original review: March 7, 2022

Did not receive package in mail. Was told by Natalie in customer service that my only option is to dispute credit card charges and I should reach out to UPS. No offers of assistance, help etc.. I strongly encourage you all not to use them.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

You basically STOLE $140 from me by sending my order to the WRONG address! I have tried multiple times to contact you! You do NOT care that you sent my order to the WRONG home and claimed that you sent me my package! I never received it and I looked for it the second it was delivered per the notification!!! I am disputing the charge with my credit card! You will NEVER get my business again!!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

Guys, PLEASE, STAY AWAY from online purchasing with this company. I always shop there at physical location, but since my bad experience online, I Will NEVER AGAIN order from them. I have never received my package from them. I have opened 5 different claims that are ALL stayed UNANSWERED. I called them and they told me they cannot issue me a refund, I have to ask my bank for it. What?!?! I used paypal. That's another headache that I have to deal with. They told me UPS shopped my package. I called UPS, they are telling that USPS was responsible for shipping my package to me. I called USPS, they are telling me it is not them. YET Children's Place is telling me it was supposed to be UPS. I sent them the email I received from UPS explaining that it wasn't them. They don't give a crap. I lost my money. Going on 3 weeks now, no package, no money refund. STAY AWAY FROM THEM. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR! STAY AWAY.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Will constantly Flag and cancel orders that are legit. No wonder the company was involved in a lawsuit. Their shady practices are undeniable. How are they still open, I have no idea. This company needs to be boycotted.

The Children's Place Company Information