The Children's Place

Compare Children's Toys

Research top Children's Toys recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I recently had a baby so of course people had bought us gifts for her. Unfortunately one of the presents bought we didn't get a gift receipt for it. The item bought wasn't something I had really liked and it was also short sleeve. It's too cold right now to put anything short on my baby, so rather than just letting it sit there I went to exchange it for something I can put on her. I chose what I wanted and after waiting forever on line got to the register to only be told I can't do the exchange because I don't have a receipt. I would have to exchange the dress for a different size.

I explained it was a gift, I didn't get a gift receipt from the person that bought it and why should I be forced by the store to put something on my child that I don't like. So now I'm stuck with a dress that my daughter will never wear. I've never experienced this in any other store, all I did was provide an ID and no problem. Children's place return policy really sucks and the quality of clothing isn't even what it used to be. Definitely will not be shopping in Children's Place!!!

Ordered online. Sizes were way off. Returned to store so I wouldn't have to pay shipping and handling fee. Guess what - store doesn't honor prices I paid, so I had to pay much more for same items in different size. Return policy is worse than any store I've ever been to. The customer service is horrible... online and in store. Never shop there again!

Awful outcome about cash refund after my debit card was used to make a purchase. I have the receipt and was offered a GC because I lost my debit card and the funds one can't be returned back to my account or cash given to me only a gc is offered. What's the use of emailing the receipt and keeping a customer tracking system to prove all transactions when all you the customer will receive is a hard time. Just go to Carter's. Better customer service and quality clothes.

I purchased 4 shirts & 4 pricey glacier fleece pants just 2 weeks ago in the Augusta, Maine store using my Place credit card. Made the mistake of removing the tags & tossed the receipt, only to discover the shirts were too small. Went back to the store w/the 4 shirts & requested an exchange for same shirts in one size larger (S vs XS - same size dept) - they refused an exchange or store credit - even tho they had a pile of the same shirts & I had purchased on their store card - they claimed they couldn't look up my purchase from exactly 2 weeks prior on their own store card... that's a crock as WalMart can look up my recent purchases on my regular Visa! I wasn't asking for my cash back or even store credit (although I would have accepted either) - I only asked for an exchange and they refused!!! I used to spend easily $1,000+ per year at The Children's Place for the past 3 yrs - but after that, card is cut up & I'll never shop there again.

I recently tried to make a debit purchase in store. For years, I have struggled with the large screened terminals in the Canadian stores; they are touch insensitive which means you have to enter your PIN number without protecting it; anyone behind you can see it as you enter it and (as has been known to happen) if there is ceiling camera, it can be easily read from up there. A good friend had her card number viewed that way and without having her card taken, money was removed from her account in Russia!

When I tried to cover up my PIN while entering it yesterday, the touch insensitive screen made it difficult to enter the correct number. I tried twice and then the terminal warned me that I had one time left and before allowing me to enter it again kicked me out of the terminal and left me without the use of my debit card over the weekend! The clerks were clueless and asked me to use another card (Losing my Visa card in the same way was a great option!). I left WITHOUT making a purchase!!! I did go to the children's GAP and made all my purchases there instead!

A word of advice CP, should there EVER be any issues with my account you will be the very first place I lead the inquiry team to check. There is NO REASON that individuals should feel unsafe when making store purchases. What is the reason for us to shop at your store if that is the CASE??? Move to the 21st Century and either use tap technology or rent a terminal that allows for safe transactions!!! This is a record that your store's terminals exposes customers to risky financial transactions!!!

Also, at the Eaton Centre location, the manager finds it appropriate to exchange looks and giggle about customers. I witnessed this on a few occasions aimed at more than one customer and even overheard what she had been commenting on; "weight and clothes; the way a customer looked". How shockingly offensive and inappropriate!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Horrible online customer service. I was waiting online 30 min and they just picked up and hung up on me!!! I must spent over 300$ per month with Children's Place. My account online is not working so I was trying to get some help. Waste of time!

Back in mid-July I made a few purchases for my son and at the end of one of my completed orders there was this thing saying that I had made 70.00 in Place Cash that could be redeemed between Sept 13 and 23rd. There was supposed to be an email containing coupons for the 70.00 and I never got it. Nobody can give me a clear answer and now I just feel really screwed over for even shopping at this place. I have had issues in the past with the Rewards program not giving me the 5.00 coupon that I earned in points too. I think they like to bait people into shopping here. It's not nice. I am pretty sure that we are finished shopping this PLACE! Angry Mom.

STAY AWAY FROM CHILDREN'S PLACE. THEY ARE a BIG RIP OFF. I bought an outfit for my nephew 2 months ago and just now have been able to give it to him. The outfit doesn't fit and if taken back to the store they will only get 25% back or only 1.99 since it is a summer outfit and fall clothing is out. There is a gift receipt and they expire after 45 days. What a crock of bull this is. I paid full price and the store gets to now keep the difference. I will NEVER shop there again and I will tell everyone I know to stay away. Poor business practice.

About a year ago I bought 7 pairs of pants for my son, size 14, which were still brand new with its original store tags. What I did not have was the receipt. My son gain weight and now is a size 16. I took all of my pants back to the Children's Place store to exchange for a bigger size. I was advise that the store does not carry a size 16 but their online service does and because I did not have the receipt I was advise that I could not exchange or get a store credit. I was advise I should go online to fill out some info about the date I bought the item and with what credit card I used so that they can look up the receipt.

I went online and did just that on 06/30/2016. I was also given a case number. On 07/13/2016 I call the Children's Place to find out why I had not heard a word from them. I was advise they call and left me a message. I advise the customer service rep I never got a call or an email and that was the reason I was calling. The rep explain to me that they could not find the receipt therefore the policy stated without a receipt they could not assist. I ask to speak with manager and was advise he was going to tell me the same thing. I got transfer and the manager indeed told me the same thing.

I advise I would like for children's place to keep looking for my receipt. I advise the rep that I have pants worth $133.81 that I can't do anything with plus school was starting and needed the pants. He continue to explain their policy. I then ask to speak to the corporate office. The manager stated he would transfer me and then ask what my name was. I said to him that he was on the phone with me for almost an hour and he didn't know what my name was. He told me to hold on then disconnected the call and didn't even bother to call me back. I have been a long time customer ever since my son was born and never had a problem.

Children's place has really bad customer service and they could care less about their customers. I can't understand why their customers have to go through all that madness just to get a store credit. I didn't even ask for my money back, just wanted a store credit to buy the size 16 online. I went to Walmart the other day to exchange a pair of short that did not have the store tag nor did I have the receipt and got the royal treatment. Children's Place should take a chapter out of Walmart book. I will never buy anything from them again nor recommend them to any of my friends who will tell their friends and so on.

On June 25, 2016 I ordered online from the Children's Place. And I have yet to receive my items. It has been two weeks. The shipping process from this company is very slow. I will never order from this company again.

I find the clothes at The Children's Place too expensive and either too small or too large (their sizing is weird). But I like their hats so I bought 3 at the price of $11.21 each. The very next day I saw the same exact hats online for $7.47 each. I called customer service and the store, and both said they don't do price adjustments because all stores and online have their own pricing and promotions. What's the point of being a chain if all stores/online are going to have different prices?? I wasn't asking to apply a coupon after the fact, I wasn't asking for a competitor's price and I wasn't asking for a sale price three weeks later. I was asking for the same price they had online the very next day and they refused.

Clearly their ridiculous policy is there to rip you off. If they cost $7 online NO reason why the store price shouldn't match. Other retailers have been more than happy to adjust discrepancies and TCP just didn't care, why would they? That means there are thousands of people buying more expensive items in-store. Never again!!

Consumers beware. Placed an online order only to receive an email from Children's Place stating the "order had been canceled" and included several reasons as to why that "may" have happened but none specific to my order. Email also included their Consumer Affairs phone number. After calling to find out why the order was canceled, I was informed that another department handles that, one that cannot be reached and the rep had to send a request for the reason which may take 2 or 3 days to receive a response.

Children's Place first places a hold with the bank on the funds for the entire order including any tax and freight prior to placing the order. So when it's canceled the consumer is left waiting for the funds to return to their bank which in my case is up to 10 business days. Suggested they change their policy to first confirm they have the items in inventory and verify the other host of "reasons" an order could be canceled prior to placing the hold on the consumer's funds. Total waste of our time placing this order and their phone reps are obviously foreign and could hardly be understood but yet have names like "Willy". Right. Taking our business elsewhere.

These jeans are so thin! My son only gets 2 to three wears out of each pair. I just bought several pairs (more than 6). The last three pairs had the tags on them and were torn after the first wear!

I made sure to spend enough money to earn one extra Place Cash. I also tried to order clearance items but they were all out of stock when I clicked into each item, completely wasting my time. When it was finally time to redeem my Place Cash, the sale online was 50% off, with a code, for everyone. This made the Place Cash worth nothing. The sale lasted the exact length as the Place Cash redemption. Today, a day after the Place Cash expired, the sale changed and all of the sudden you don't need a code to get the sale price. Why did it change? Because now they don't have to worry about the Place Cash anymore. I let my Cash expire and am not happy about it.

I also shop at the Limited and the sales aren't quite as big during their "cash" redemption but they still have a sale and you can combine them which makes spending the extra to earn the dollars worth it. The moral of the story is that the Place Cash is a complete scam. Just look at how angry customers are on Facebook and with the same canned response from the company.

I am a regular customer; I shop at least 15 or more times a year here. I recently bought some Easter clothes. I received place cash. 5 of them to be exact. They are for 10$ off 20$. Usually with 100$, you are able to buy 10-15 or more items when the prices are low. Today I went online to shop and use my place cash. There seems to be nothing on sale. Dresses that were on sale seemed to have gone up to regular price. Nothing that is worth buying is in stock; I have 5 kids. Sizes I need vary widely from baby sizes all the way to a 11-year-old. So honestly I can get 4 items for $100.00 using place cash. That seems like a ripoff deal. I really want to keep shopping here, but because of 1 bad experience, I consider not shopping here anymore.

Prices should not change 10 times a month depending on if the business is doing good or not. I suspect that's why the prices are sky high one day and the next they are practically free. Well, at least what they try to get rid of is practically free. If people were able to do the percentage off and the place cash, I don't think there would be a problem. Besides place cash is only several times a year. Like Kohl's. Except Kohl's lets you combine the coupons with Kohl's cash making for a great deal. People tend to spend more money if they are saving more. It's a fact.

You earn Place cash for buying $20 or more. You can't use these for another month after you get them. When you finally can, it's 50% off the site with a code so you can't use Place cash with the other offer making it expensive. They then say you can use up to 6 at a time. THIS IS A BLATANT LIE! You can use 2 at a time! They say on $20 or more. Another lie. I was at $29 and it would only let me use one coupon with the total being that amount after the coupon. I also sent them 2 emails regarding other issues with no response. I was getting emails saying $20 Place cash for every $20 you spend. I go to the site and it's $10 for $20. It also said everything was 75% off when nothing was on sale. Again no response.

I am now on hold for the 2nd time today trying to figure out their scam with the Place cash. I am done with this store. There are plenty of other great kids clothing stores out there who don't jerk around their customers. I have made sure my friends who shop here as well know about this and they too have agreed to go elsewhere.

I purchased a shirt for my grandson, size XL and it was too small. I was at the mall and didn't see the need to travel to my house to get the receipt when I used my place card to make the purchase. I was informed by a very rude manager that I would have to exchange the shirt for one exactly like it, even the same color, only a different size. There were no shirts in the store like this shirt in any size or color and XL is the largest size they carry (???). Still this person kept saying I would have to exchange it for the same thing, until I told her, "Fine. I will take a shirt exactly like this one only a bigger size." Evidently she realized how ridicules her repeated sentence sounded and finally agreed to look up my purchase on my place card. She put a credit for that amount on my card but refused to give me a receipt because "she would need it". Knowing that I would NEVER step foot back in that store.

I found an item for the same amount and purchased it after standing for 20 minutes to check out. The clerk was helping someone else and the "manager" was walking around ignoring me. That credit has still not shown on my account, so this might not be over. Love the clothes, but not well enough to butt up with such impossible rules and rude workers!

I used to shop at Children's Place when I found out I was having a boy in 2008 until about a year ago or two. Over the past couple of years, I have seen the sales become less about satisfying the customers and more about company greed. Not only are majority of the coupons are now in-store only (back then coupons were also for online sales) but the way they handle the coupons online is ridiculous. Here we are the day after Easter and they're having their place cash special and their 50 percent off code but we can't use both at the same. Why? I usually do not buy anything with place cash because all the merchandise is full price and you are not able to use additional coupons when buying with place cash. How is that satisfying the customer? When you go to stores the prices are different as well as the sales than from online.

I wish Children's Place kept their company MO they had back when my children were babies... not like now. You used to be able to use coupons online and get better deals on top of their sale prices. Not like now where people are fooled into paying full price when the item will be going on sale in a few weeks. The prices fluctuate for different sales (when in reality you're paying full price). Once an avid Children's Place customer, I am now a once in a blue moon customer. I barely buy from Children's Place because their coupons are hard to use and their prices are tricked. I used to like shopping online where I know I can find my children's sizes without the hassle of going to a store that may not have it and getting a nice deal on clothes. I have since switched to H&M for my children's clothes. They have better deals, better prices, and better company.

While at The Children's Place in Philadelphia Pa on the corner of 16th st and chestnut st I was unsatisfied and offended with the customer service. At one point I was selecting a pair of pants for my daughter and an employee came and checked the floor behind me as soon as I walked away. I looked her right in the eyes because I'm said to myself "I know she didn't come all the over here to checked behind me and didn't even bother to greet me or anything." Not long after that I was back in the same area putting back items that I did not need to where I picked them up from and another employee came up to me. Coincidence, I think not.

I was highly offended and I felt as though I was targeted and every move I made was followed. I wanted to tell those ladies in the store that they needed to change their methods of customer. As a matter of fact I would hardly consider what I experienced to be customer service. I'm not going back to back to that location at all. I don't believe anybody going to a place of business to purchase or even browse for what they're seeking should feel uncomfortable. In fact the personal relationship between male and female employees via the conversations that I overheard were far more friendly and unprofessional. That attention should have been focused on the customers and not on having conversations together. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

I ordered several items for my granddaughter's birthday. I received the email notifications, under both order numbers, letting me know that one item on each order was no longer available. I called. They say it takes 3 minutes for the items out of stock in the warehouse to be updated in the system. I ordered a week ago. Both items are still up on the website and for sale. No out of stock label. No nothing. This was my first experience with this company. This is my last experience with this company.

I used to place orders all the time online during their specials and would receive email and/or paper statements in the mail. I admittedly forgot to make a payment last year when my father passed away and several months later received an email containing several months worth of late fees and finance charges that equaled more than double the original order... However, had never received any statements in the meantime. I called as soon as I found out and they were able to reverse the charges. At the same time I asked for paper statements only. I never placed another order and my balance should have been $0.

Much to my surprise, 5 months later, I received an email in my junk folder saying I owed them almost $200! When I tried to log into my account, I could not do so. I called the company and they said my account balance was $0. Thinking it was spam, I let them know and subsequently asked for my account to be closed. It was then that the customer service agent told me my account was closed 2 days before due to being a bad account. WHAT?! I had never been contacted by the company that we owed them any money in 5 months. I explained everything that had happened and asked her to place a note with the credit rating company to reverse any bad credit we now have because of their errors. I'm going to report this to the Better Business Bureau as well.

We received several Christmas gifts that were the wrong size for our two kids. The company policy (now) is they will only exchange for the same item in a different size if you don't have the receipt. The store didn't have the same item in the size we need so we were told there was nothing they can do for us. Now we are stuck with clothes that don't fit our kids.

In the past 9 months, TCP orders have been lost and never arrived. They ship using UPS Mail Innovations. I am not sure which one is the problem, but both companies appear pretty inept. I don't even know WHY I gave them a second chance. This is it. I will never order from them again. The packages never arrive and customer service can be nothing more than a puppet reading a script so no help will ever be attained.

While shopping at this location on 12/19 a pair of pants for my son. The sales associate who had short braids approaches my daughter who was siting on the table for 2 sec ( I told her not to and she immediately got off) the sales rep comes over to tap my daughter and tell her not to sit on the table. She left a mark on my daughter. I was so livid, I had to leave because I was going to loose it. One, I handled the situation. Two, I was standing right there approach me not my eight year old. Lastly, DON'T EVER lay a finger on my daughter. I will never, ever shop at The Children's Place!

I ordered some clothes Dec 7, and the payment was "pending" on Paypal almost 2 weeks later. I called customer service for Children's Place, and they couldn't find my order. How Paypal can have the order, but The Children's Place can't is beyond me. I reordered, and there was, again, no confirmation from The Children's Place. I called customer service again. They told me it was because it was Sunday, so give it 24 hours. If Paypal can have a copy of the order (for the second time) and not The Children's Place, how does that work? Plus, the website said there were items in my cart, the same ones I had ordered.

I reordered using my credit card, and voila! I got an order number. So apparently, the website doesn't work using Paypal. And very strangely, both pending payments (from the 7th and today) have disappeared off of Paypal. Go figure. I put a rush shipping on it, because it should be here for Christmas, and I was told that they would credit the shipping, since I refuse to pay extra for something that should have been here days ago. We'll see if they keep their word.

How often do you get clothes for your children as gifts and there is no receipt? Well good luck returning it at TCP! They will only allow you to exchange size of exact same item (even color) and if they don't have it, you are out of luck! Absolutely ridiculous especially given the amount of money I spend there. TCP why not give store credit, even if at lowest sale price?? The other complaint I have is the store is TOO SMALL. It is a children's store, parents have strollers. I have been to different locations and it is always the same. Clothes packed into the space with little to no room to move around.

I took two pairs of pants back to exchange for a different style, pants had all tags and were in the condition in which they were purchased, but I did not have a receipt. These were purchased by someone else. The style is skinny and I just need regular style. I was advise by the sales associate that I could only exchange for the exact style and in a different size. I think this is the craziest thing ever, if you want to keep the business in the store and I wasn't asking for money back. I called Corporate after leaving the store and was advised the same thing, that without a receipt I could only exchange for the exact product. I could understand if these were used and something was wrong with them, but they are in NEW condition. If you purchase from them, hang on to your receipt. But if you get them for a gift and they don't work - you are out of luck. I will never shop there again!

If sizes of items are not available in stores you are advised to order online. Online the prices are TOTALLY DIFFERENT. $4-$7 more per item PLUS no discount as in the store. You are not able to return most items to the store... You must mail back to online. Advised to call their customer service... They NEVER PICK UP... Constantly on hold... Are outsourced to Central America... BAD NEWS! SHOP ELSEWHERE!!!

Got some clothes as a gift for my baby shower & after giving birth months later (50 days after clothes were purchased) I was not able to return unworn clothes or even get a in store credit, which is what I wanted in the first place. Ridiculous. I will not be shopping here again.

Have been loyal customer since twin granddaughters were born in 2005... Have never and still do not have problem with quality of clothes. This has to do first with the size of the Deptford, NJ store and second with CITI Bank who we pay our bills to. Everyone complains about how small & tight the store is since it was moved... Most people come in with strollers as it is a childrens' store and it horrible for those parents with the strollers and customers without. I've been in there when I've walked out without buying anything and have heard others say the same thing - IT'S TOO DAMN SMALL... Now CITI Bank... Before they took over I was able to make a payment over the phone... I tried the # on my bill and recording just gives balance & says use # on back of card... That # is the same # and just gives balance... I will NEVER shop at CP again and Have shredded my card.

The Children's Place Company Profile