Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.16/5

The Children's Place Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Original review: June 1, 2020

I ordered on 5/20 and an authorization was put on my card for the amount of my bill. Then upon shipping, they charged my account the price of the item as every item shipped separately plus shipping which was suppose to be free.

Original review: May 26, 2020

The order I placed was split in separate shipments. Even though shipments are taking longer due to Covid, the shipment had no updated tracking as if the package was never dropped at the carrier. It’s been a month still no package. The Customer service number says they have high call volume and then just disconnects, I have sent multiple unanswered emails. No way to connect with anyone for refund or Updated shipping, and no product has been received. Will have to go through my bank for a dispute. Children’s Place is failing its customers So beware.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I ordered over $200 worth of stuff and wanted to return 2 things. Their 45 day return policy toy stores is no help as the 45 days are almost over but of course my bill came on time. I tried contacting them dozens of times with no response. A few items I ordered had not yet come after a month and the baby almost grew out of that size, so I sent an email to cancel the rest of the order. That was of course ignored and today the rest of the shipment came. I have never dealt with a worse company. They do not have bad customer service -they have no customer service!!

Original review: May 26, 2020

I placed an online order with The Children’s Place. My order was for the amount of $63. They took the full amount with an additional amount of $63. Customer service told me to call back so they can put money back into my account, and I never received anything back. So they pretty much robbed me for money. Now I’m having a hard time talking with someone.

Original review: May 26, 2020

This company is absolutely awful! I placed an order and was immediately charged in full. My items never arrived and customer service refused to provide any updates and they refused to refund my money. It was over a month and I missed the opportunity to give the items as a gift. The company still refuses to issue a refund. Stay away from them, they are crooks!!

Original review: May 25, 2020

First off I’ve recently ordered 25 pcs from this place for my oldest daughter granddaughter and newborn and 14 items were canceled the next morning. Now my oldest daughter (4) father and I co-parent Soo if I need anything We worked it out together. I my daughter is getting bigger while our time is standing still I decided to order from these people.

I tried to reach out to them in regards to my canceled order on the 22 of May no response. Got an e-mail later that day saying my order will be delivered on the 22 no order. Tepid calling the recording hangs up on me so I email them no response, I’ve tried tracking it through UPS. It should up in Los Angeles at 1:30am of which that’s where I am still no package. They said it was out for delivery and the driver was in transit still no package. So after sending another email today I thought I would read the reviews and was horrified. Now I have to share this with my daughter's father cause now I’m concerned about his credit card being misused by these people that allegedly took from others.

Original review: May 25, 2020

I ordered 10 items a month ago (not joking). After waiting 3 weeks they canceled 4 items off my order. Sent 3 items in 2 different shipments and the last remaining items are God only knows where. According to their tracking they were supposed to be delivered last week, they never showed. Now tracking says they’re in Florida for the last 5 days (I live in N.C.), it once again says it will be here tomorrow. I honestly don’t think it’s ever coming. When you call, the call center is closed and emails go unanswered forever.

Original review: May 22, 2020

I ordered from The Children's Place on May 12th because they are having a 60-70% off storewide/online sale. I understand that shipping is taking longer than usual. Lord knows I have so many Amazon orders out there I am still waiting on. HOWEVER I most definitely am not pleased that they have taken multiple transactions out that I did not make. I guarantee they are doing this because they will file bankruptcy so they are stealing from all customers and do so by drawing you in with the sale. I ordered $143.43 of product and saved $201. Since May 12th I have had 11 transactions come out totaling $546.50. I have bought from the actual store multiple times so I had no reason to believe they would do this. I cancelled my card because I noticed this going on last night after my bank was closed and The Childrens Place customer service.

I had 2 alerts for $107.35 and another for $68.91, which total more than my original order. That's when I started looking through my bank statement online. After multiple attempts today on calling The Childrens Place, it finally went through and I got a hold of someone. What a joke that was. She went through the transactions they supposedly made and told me they only charge when they ship. "No Lady (her actual name) your company is committing fraud and overcharging customers." I can't believe how often they are doing this to people after reading the reviews now. I really do believe they are about to file bankruptcy.

Customer Service is blaming my bank and after talking to my bank they are saying it's the Children's Place. I filed a Dispute on all transactions made from this company since I have not received but 1 item so far. I had The Children's Place send me all transactions they supposedly made and we will see how long it will take to get all my money back now. They (TCP) did send me an email and said they attached the transaction but go figure, it was not attached. I have a feeling this is about to be a nightmare.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I have orders from Children’s Place but it’s been a month & I have not received my package yet I ordered for my son's birthday is in June. Ordered it in April. Never again I will order from them. I understand that we going through some Tough times that’s I ordered in two months in advance.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I placed an order on April 14th 2020. I understand there were to be delays because of the pandemic happening. I knew my shipment would be shipped in multiple shipments as it usually is when I order a lot. I contacted customer service after a few weeks to just confirm my order had not fallen through the cracks and it would all be delivered. No response. Finally a few days after that, some items get shipped. Slowly my items get shipped and delivered. I was waiting on a pair of grey shorts size 4T and although the package was addressed to me, the order was fulfilled with an invoice and item for someone in California for a baby 9-12 months.

I live in Illinois. I tried to call and call and call and as others state it is an automated message no matter what time of day you call. I immediately also emailed and sent picture proof with my proof of what I purchased. After 7 days and a second email I FINALLY got a response that someone will contact me soon, but it was an automated do not reply email. I also had 5 items cancelled YESTERDAY from my order after I have been waiting on these for over a month. I will Never purchase from this company again. As someone said, possibly they're going to file for bankruptcy or have already. They have officially lost my business.

The Children's Place Company Information