1.0/5 (34 ratings)

About The Children's Place

The Children's Place Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Ordered a coat for our toddler grandson on Nov 27th. It is now Dec 10th and still no coat! Customer service was rude and not helpful! Will not order from here again!! We live where it's cold and my grandson needs a coat. Never thought Children's Place was like this!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I made 3 orders almost $500. The first did had not ship and I ordered a second order and I saw the order #2 shipped but not the first, I started making phone calls. Couldn’t get through. I sent an email, no response. I finally got the items almost a month later. Order #3, shipment lost, called and they said I had to file a claim with USPS. I said I want a refund because I didn’t have time to file a claim on a lost package like they told me to. It shipped to New Jersey and still no package. They take your money and have absolutely no repostar, no compassion and do not even attempt to resolve your issue. I’ll never order from them again. They stole my money!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I placed an order on September 16, 2020. On September 21, 2020 I received notification that it was shipping but be patient because it is taking longer due to Covid. I checked the UPS site and they were awaiting the package. It is now November 6 and they are still awaiting package. I have emailed The Children's Place to no avail. I have called customer service only to be told by the automated system that they are experiencing an unusual number of calls and to call back later--click!

I actually stopped into a store in Iowa City, IA and was told by the very rude young sales clerk that she has heard of orders taking two and three months. I was also told it wouldn't help for them to call customer service because they would not get in either!! But they would sell me the items I had ordered in the store which I had already paid for them via my credit card which was charged on September 21. I actually received an email asking how I liked the items I ordered! Really--wouldn't know! I will never order from this store again. They can also stop offering me their credit card!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

My order was shipped to the wrong address and shown delivered but wasn't at the delivery location. After calling the customer service phone number and sitting on hold for over 20 minutes I spoke to Baola and explained the situation to her. I was told there was absolutely, positively nothing that Children's Place could or would do. That I had to open a claim with the USPS. No concern whatsoever on $145 of winter clothes for my son that was incorrectly shipped by them to a wrong address. When I asked for the spelling of her name I was told by Baola "B as in you're a bully". Her supervisor when I told him about it told me he'd review the call to see if the incident really in fact happened. When asked to be transferred to their credit people to dispute the charge I was sent to a phone number that was fully automated with no options to talk to a human. Definitely will not be shopping with Children's Place ever again. Extremely disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I have reached out to Children's Place Online Department since 10/8 during their business hours 9am-5pm Est. The online service mentioned they were close. I also reached out to their corporate department same message. If you reach 800527355 or 18777522387. I ONLY needed to change my address to sender. This have been poor lack of service. This have left me extremely with a bad taste in my mouth about Children's Place. I also, want to point out their Chat Customer Service system wasn't available online. How can you guys stay in business what the following issue?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I purchased some items online. I thought (like everyone else) they would be delivered within a week... I was moving in 2 weeks. OK, so they're slow - I messaged their customer service after a week, asking for them to update my mailing address. They said they could not (even though they didn't ship it for another week). They told me to call USPS (which I did, and even though I had a change of address, they still delivered it to the old home). I reached out to their corporate contacts - no response. Children's Place is horrible - I will never shop online with them (when Walmart, Target and Amazon can deliver the next day) - and because of their corporate attitude on customer service, we will never shop here again. It cost me $50, but they lost a customer for life.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I’ve always been into the store and thought they had good quality and never had any issues. However with the COVID stuff still going around and my kids back in school I decided to order things online from them. Everything I ordered said it was in stock. I ordered about $80 worth of stuff and got a confirmation #, and thought everything was good. Within 2 hours I received an email saying that I wouldn’t be charged and that my order was cancelled but it didn’t say why. I tried calling every number I could find for them with no response. However the DID still charge my card. I sent an email to their customer service. Well no big deal they will probably just refund it, so LIKE AN IDIOT I tried to order it again. And AGAIN they sent an email saying they cancelled my order and I wouldn’t be charged.

And of course they took the money out of my account again. So I sent an email again. I had to end up going through my bank and disputing the charges to get my money back. I FINALLY got a response to ONE of the emails (As each one I put my specific order number on) with no real explanation as to why they cancelled my orders. I’m not an idiot address, name, bank info, it said it was in stock, but they sure charged me for it! They wouldn’t have given me my money back either (Even thought they said they would) like I said I had to dispute it through my bank as a fraudulent charge. This whole thing made me so mad I don’t even want to go into their stores anymore. I don’t like doing business with people that straight up try to steal my money with NOTHING in return.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I placed an order online, and I received 2 of the 4 items. I called their customer service hotline, 1-877-752-2387. It is the hotline for Children's Place and Gymboree stores. After selecting CP customer service representative, I got a message stating that there is a high call volume. Rather than hearing, "your call is very important to us, please stay on the line," the message hangs up on you. I called back and selected "All other inquiries." I was able to speak to a representative and get a tracking number. He was not able to provide an estimated delivery date, and referred me to the deliver service. CP's phone system needs to be repaired so it doesn't drop customers.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

Did I mention Bad... Typical company... Started out, found some success, paid the top good money. They went on vacation and the rest is history.. No more of my business or anyone I can convince not to use them. Did I mention Bad...

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I placed an order on September 18th. It took a week before I even received an email stating that The Children's Place had received my order. I waited a few more days and reached out to customer care to ask where my order was and when it might ever ship. No response was ever sent. I finally received confirmation that my order had shipped and the tracking showed it would be delivered on September 26th. Well that date came and went with no delivery. No, order status updates. No, "Hey sorry we are delayed." Nothing!! Radio silence.

I reached out again to customer service to ask where my order was and I still to this day have received no response to my first or second email. I finally found out my order would be delivered on October 3rd by checking the tracking myself. Again no delivery as promised. So I checked the tracking and once again it states the package will be late. I now have placed a third email to the The Children's Place. I seriously doubt they will ever respond. I also contacted Comenity to cancel my 'The Children's Place' credit card. This will be my first and last order with The Children's Place.

It's not even so much the ridiculous shipping times or the missed delivery dates. It's really the lack of customer care. Their prices are cheap! I'd assume their clothes are probably about the same quality as is their customer care, but I can't comment since I don't have anything 16 days later. Lower quality clothing is what I fully expected and was willing to accept for play clothes. I just kind of expected to actually receive something for my money. Parents looking for children's clothing... Rest assured your order would arrive quicker if you had someone start from strips of fabric, hand sew the items and then ship them by car from China. Order anywhere else.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I went to place an order and my total JUMPED up by $25 and every price changed as soon as I hit checkout, immediately called and they said they cancelled It, reversed charges and then days later recharged me and said there was nothing they could do when I called to confront them again. Now my package is apparently coming, even though the tracking number provided doesn’t lead anywhere and the only thing I can do is return the items if they ever arrive. Absolutely awful customer service and I will never be using their company again. I never ever write negative reviews but am so disgusted by how this company runs its business.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

This is the second time I had an issue regarding the shipment and I called customer service on both times. They only like to read to you the issue, but do not know how to empathize and find a solution to the issue. The second one even laughed at me over the phone.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2020

There's a reason this company is going out of business. I ordered a few items in May & June and they didn't fit. I just tried to return them, never worn & tags on, over the 45 day return policy even though I was told they had extended the return policy. They wouldn't allow me to return the 3 items nor would they allow an exchange. I called customer Service while in the store and they confirmed that their return policy is quite strict and they had no way of allowing a return or exchange but offered me a $20 dollar coupon and that I could gift the items I was trying to return.

I will officially never shop at this store again. If you're going to have such rigid return policies for children's clothing then you deserve to go out of business. We all know kids clothing doesn't always fit and who has the time to be driving around looking for their stores or spend more money on shipping than the actual items during COVID only to deal with such non-sense. Go to Carters or the Gap, honestly anywhere else!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

I will never order from them again. Bad customer service. If you didn't get your package you can't get a refund or a new order shipped out. Horrible experience. So upset. 100 dollars wasted. I'm so upset....

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

After seeing all of the great discounts, I decided to order all of my 4 children's school clothes from them! Ordered on 8 7 20 received 8 11 20! Very nice clothes! I am happy, kids are happy! Everything fit!

Original review: July 23, 2020

I buy from this place often, so I wasn't expecting problems. I ordered some summer clothes for my granddaughter & had them shipped to my son's house. He told me when she opened the pkg, it smelled horrible! Rather than letting me return them, he washed them. I contacted Children's Place, can't even get a reply! They're using covid as their reason/excuse to not answer emails. My shopping with them is done!

Original review: July 17, 2020

I bought 2 shoes yesterday in The Children's Place in Vaughan Mills.. The other one no tag so they just write with pen on the receipt.. Then when I got home the other one not fit to my daughter so today I decided to change the size.. I told the cashier that I change the size of the shoes and I also got the size that I need. So she get the receipt and told me why in the receipt no tag but the shoes have tag.. I explain to her that yesterday the other one has no tag but the one is fit to my youngest daughter., Then the other lady came and ask me if change the size. I said yes.. Then she leave and bring my receipt and the shoes..

I'm waiting for almost half an hour.. Then I said, "What happened," the cashier told me, "You need to wait ma'am..," then the lady came and told me that maybe I bought the shoes to the other store and the receipt I bring is not the right one.. I said, "No. I bought it here.." Then when she go the cashier area she saw the other shoes (the one that not fit).. And she blame me that she asking me if that shoes (the one that I got) and she said I said yes.. She didn’t check first the other shoes (tag) before she leave and check... She’s the one who get mad and blame me.. And the cashier too didn’t approach me well.. She just laughing at me.. They didn’t say sorry to me because I'm waiting for too long.. They didn’t treat the customer right. :( I'm not happy with the service.

Original review: July 17, 2020

I applied for their credit card since 30% was offered off of my order. I have everything ready for checkout in my cart, I have all specific sizes and wanted to check out today. I was not able to do that. I spend long periods of time waiting for someone to answer the phones. However when they did answer, the employees were no help. I specifically had to call multiple numbers for the card then The Children's Place and no one was able to help me. Why advised something if the customer cannot applied the discount on their purchase. This is the worst customer service experience I have ever had.

Original review: July 14, 2020

On June 15 I placed an order for 3 pants to be delivered as in previous orders to my son’s address and because of delays history, I paid an additional $20 on a $17.34 order for expedite shipping as offered. A month later and after several calls I received a text stating my package was undeliverable! Customer service couldn’t explain what happened and offered a full refund to my credit card. A week later they only refunded the items cost but not the shipping and told me get a credit on my rewards or go fight it off with UPS to whom I am a third party and didn’t directly paid or hired for services. Once they get your $ you will never see it again‼️

Original review: July 13, 2020

My order was never received, even though it says delivered we didnt get it. I called The Children's Place for more than a month, to answer or resolve, I emailed them over 10 times and received the same automated email and final after almost 3 months, I get a human reply stating it shows delivered, so I need to take it up with USPS. order#**. I guess orders have never been lost or not received in their world but I do have to say this was by far the worse customer service experience of my life and I have already gotten 9 of my friends and family to stop shopping there because of similar online or in store experience and I am going to tell everyone who will listen about their unwillingness to try and settle the matter by giving me a refund. I am speaking to BBB and will be posting to Yelp, Google, and anyone else who will listen. Never again will they get any of me or my friends money.

Original review: July 10, 2020

I bought my son 4 outfits and they sent it as partial packages. 1st I got 1 pair of shorts and 2 shirt. The second package was another pair of shorts so I literally had 1 outfit that matched. I was still missing 2 shirts and a pair of shorts. After a month goes by I finally get a email. My 3 package is on its way and would be here by the 8th and they had charged my card for those items but by the 10th I didn't have them so I call and they say it's because there was a problem with the warehouse and they never shipped me those items but charged my card but would give me 15$ in points to go order something else but when I tried it wouldn't accept my points. Needless to say after 3 phone calls I finally just got a refund and will shop elsewhere to find matches for my random clothes they sent to me. I won't shop here again!

Original review: July 3, 2020

In April I ordered a 6 month old body suit for my daughter. I was charged 12.59 for it. It took a month to come. I received it in May. On June 30 I was charged an additional 12.59 out of my account from The Children’s Place for no reason. I spent an hour and finally got through to customer service. The lady looked at my account and noted that yes I was charged for June the 30 because I wasn’t charged in April. She then puts me on hold for 20 minutes. The customer service agent then told me that I was charged the 12.59 in April and not in June. I asked her why, she said she saw that I was charged the 12.59 in June. She said she never told me that. I asked her why she was lying and she told me it was my bank's fault.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I began my order, the next day the items in my cart disappeared so I had to start again. I placed an order for 20 items. I have only received 4. Customer service number just hangs up. Higher than usual call volumes. Goodbye.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I read reviews prior to deciding to order several items from The Children’s Place. Reviews warned the company could make multiple charges to your bank account, therefore I decided to purchase a gift card to pay for the items I wanted. I purchased the gift card from Amazon for the exact amount I needed and amazon emailed the card number within minutes! I then completed the order and purchased the items. They were here within a few days. I also decided to “double watch“ the shipping history/dates by going directly to the shipping companies’ websites (USPS and UPS) and signing up for their text updates. This was helpful, as it did not always line up with what the Children’s Place reported through emails. When the clothes arrived, they were great and fit perfectly. So, overall, given the extra steps I had to take to ensure this, my experience was mostly pleasant.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I placed an order on The Children’s Place on June 5th, I ordered a total of 20 items. They canceled 6 of my items and delivered my last package on June 29! Through the delivery process they charged my account as every package delivered, keep in mind that you don’t get your full online order in one package. After they canceled my 6 items and told me that my items I paid for wouldn’t be delivered I tried contacting PayPal and also the customer service line for children’s place they both kept sending me to talk to both of them! I haven’t yet received my money back. The process of getting your order is extremely long and stressful and let’s not forget to mention they can cancel your items at any time and not give you the difference back! If I could rate my experience 0/5 stars I would. Don’t waste your time or money shopping with them, it’s a complete scam.

Original review: June 23, 2020

I placed an order online for 5 shirts 4 pants from Children's Place. On the website it states FREE SHIPPING!! So I thought everything was all good. I was happy with my purchase. I spent in total like $55.00 because like I said you get free shipping. I didn't use my debit card to pay (thank goodness) I used my Venmo account. Again they state on the website free shipping!! Next thing I know I'm a notification from my bank saying saying Children's Place charged my card $16.98. I'm like wait... what is going on right now.

So I call customer service... bam they hit me with "the lines are busy; please call back another time". OK... so I was like I will call back later... Called back and heard the same message. So then I thought to jump online and look at the reviews. Noticed everyone was having the same problem as me. So I keep calling customer service to no avail but wait... they are still trying to charge my card. They are currently trying to charge me $9.79. It's crazy!! I can't get through to customer service but yet someone can keep trying to charge my card. I will never order online from Children's Place again.

Original review: June 22, 2020

I purchased a lot of clothes, shoes and sunglasses the end of April. I received most of the items within a couple days I believe. I was getting a package every other day then it stopped. I got an email on May 9th saying a package would be delivered on May 10th on Mother’s Day. I’m like that’s odd but okay, but I never received the package. 22 items are still missing and I’ve sent a lot of emails to customer service. Called & still can’t get through. I got an email back saying they’ll contact me soon and gave me case #s for my claims.

It’s been 2 weeks since they sent that email and a few days since I sent another email telling them how unprofessional they’re being. To top it off I was charged for the items and it says they were delivered. I’m annoyed because I purchase double so my kids can match, & one of them has this shoe and that shirt or this shirt & those shorts. I sent pictures of the items I received & pics of items I didn’t receive, they could’ve easily sent what I didn’t get. I have never had problems from the store or online but if I don’t receive my items or my money back they lost a loyal customer.

Original review: June 20, 2020

I placed an order with a total of 8 items. USPS delivered my package to the wrong address and was unable to retrieve it. I called customer service to let them know what happened and they refused to give me a refund. I had proof of what happened, the post office emailed a letter apologizing for what happened and advised me to send it to Children’s Place. They still refused to give me a refund and kept advising me to call my financial institution. I’ve been supporting this store since 2009, and I am highly upset. I will never patronize this store again.

Original review: June 16, 2020

I placed an order online. The initial transaction was a success and I was pleased with it. Days later I started getting text alerts from my bank regarding purchases being made from there website and I wasn't even online let alone on their website. It happened twice in one day! I tried contacting them by phone and of course since COVID-19 is happening "they're experiencing higher than normal call volume and cannot accept any calls at this time". Before the call ends they ask you to try your call later except this is the message that you'll get every time. I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT ALL BUYERS BEWARE!!! Unless you want to have your bank issue you a new card after your purchase I'd recommend that you steer clear of this company.

Original review: June 10, 2020

I placed an order online for some clothes with Children's Place on 27 May 2020. A few of the cheaper items got delivered but a large part of the order containing the more expensive items is still 'in process'. I have sent three emails and called numerous times. The call centre disconnects asking to call later and the emails are not even auto acknowledged. I have made the payment already and I am thinking of asking my credit card company to reverse the transaction.

The Children's Place Company Information