Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.04/5

The Children's Place Reviews

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Ordered 5 items and only received 3. Took more than 30 minutes to speak to a representative and he was only willing to transfer points to my account that equaled the value instead of giving me a refund for items I purchased and did not receive. I won't make the mistake of ordering from here ever again.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Allow me to preface this by saying I ONLY gave 1 star because I had to give SOMETHING. Ordered a dress for Christmas on 12/4/19. Received order confirmation ASAP (quick to take my money) and then a shipping confirmation over the weekend of 12/7/19. Dress was supposed to be delivered on 12/10/19. When I went to check the status on my delivery, come to find out, that email was DELETED from the company! The only email I have is the one that says basically, Thanks for your money, dummy, but the order still is being processed. Online communication is like talking to a shoe - you get NOWHERE. I charged it with my TCP credit card and called them, same response. Nothing. Don't waste your time, energy, money or sanity dealing with the sham of a company. People need to be made aware that they are scamming people out of money.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I tried to place an order using a coupon code but the code did not work at the time and of course customer service was closed so I placed my order and called the next day figuring they would refund the $10 coupon amount as any reputable company would. After waiting 40 minutes on hold I was told by a representative and the representative’s supervisor that I must not of entered the code because the code works. They basically called me a liar. They refused to refund $10 to my credit card.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

Do NOT ever get a card with this company!!!! Not only is trying to pay your bill online as difficult as paying student loans through the government online but their bills come so late you're already past due and they charge you another $39 for that!!! Hence the reason I tried forever in a day to pay these guys online...which obviously didn't go so well either. Absolutely no for these guys....if you need to make more money The Childrens Place don't do it by screwing over your customers!!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

Today 11/27 I went to the store to pick up an order I did online, when I got to the store it was completely empty, I went to the register and greeted the associate by asking how she was doing and her answer was: what do you need? Excuse me?? What way is that to reply to a customer? I tried not to give too much importance and I told her I was there to pick up an order, she started looking and writing and it took her over 20 minutes to come back, by the time she came back there was over 7 people in line waiting, another associate came the lady that was helping me started talking to her, never make eye contact with me, and went back to the back room, I was so upset, it was just horrible. I get that today is the day before thanksgiving and been at work might not be fun, but they need to understand that they don't do the job for free, they get pay for it and it's also not my fault and anybody's fault that they have to be there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I placed an order on 11/22. Order went through and later that afternoon got a email that it is canceled!!! No call nothing! I called, waited in hold 45min, told me was because the shipping address and billing were different! Well no s*I! I'm sending to my grandkids out of state!!! I had to call the bank for what to verify my billing. This is ridiculous!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I ordered three items. My account had an old shipping address so I made sure to change the address before ordering. Well it was shipped to the old address anyways. I received the first item but the other two never arrived. I called and they wanted me to lie to my financial institution and tell them I needed to dispute the charges. I am sorry, but I am not going to LIE and say I did not authorize those charges when I did. Then they tell me I need to call USPS because they lost the package. If it was sent to the correct address in the first place it never would have gotten lost. I asked to speak to a supervisor which I finally did after holding forever. She was so rude and said there was nothing she could do because the item already shipped.

I asked to speak to her manager and she said there was nobody else I could talk to, which is totally not true. I have worked in customer service and there is ALWAYS someone else you can talk to. I will NEVER buy clothes for my kids from here again. They are thieves who want you to lie and commit fraud to get your money back when they are the ones that messed up by shipping the order to the wrong address. Horrible, horrible customer service!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I placed a $300 order on 11/7, it was cancelled on 11/8 without any call or reasoning outside of an email. When I called Customer Care, they told me Loss Prevention cancelled my order because the shipping and billing address were different. They told me they cannot place an equal order for me and that I would have to go back online and replace the order then call back in for pricing adjustments. I escalated again for another supervisor who proceeded to tell me I needed to call my bank with me to verify me. I'm currently on a 45 minute call with them and the bank.. Well this was a waste of time. They wanted to verify my billing address with BOA for NO REASON, I still have to go online and do the order again at different pricing. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

This morning I listened, in total horror, to my poor mother spending 2 hours on the phone with the Children's Place 'customer service' and 'manager'! There was some sort of 'glitch' in The Children's Place software that somehow managed to cancel my mother's order but still charged her credit card for it. Her goal is trying to get the correct size clothes for her grandson, in time for his birthday. Between getting the run-a-round and being on hold, she was on the phone for 2 hours!! Not only was she told that NO ONE there could help her, but also that it could take anywhere from 2-7 business days to be contacted by someone who could...UNACCEPTABLE!! My mother has been loyally shopping and donating with children's place for close to 15 yrs, shame on them!! And, they make it completely impossible to write reviews or contact anyone, absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Talking with customer service I've come to realize that I was not charged late fee and I was overcharged for a late fee I did not know but got a statement one month after stating I did not.. Payment was sent October 17th but they don't take payment through PayPal. I think that this should be changed with a company policy and I really don't like my Children's Place at all.

The Children's Place Company Information