2. Miscellaneous

1.1/5 (471 ratings)

About The Children's Place

The Children's Place Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I placed an order 3 weeks ago. Tracked it down. Says package damaged in delivery. TCP never called to tell me or send me a new package. I had to call them and even after calling them AND speaking to a supervisor, they refused to send me a new package. How does this make any sense at all?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

If your package got lost - they won't do anything. No one ever will reply to you via email or update on the status of the ticket. Calling won't do anything, after an hour on hold, they said that there is nothing they can do.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I order online and when selecting shipping to come earlier it said it would be here by Tuesday 8/17/2021 but now is Wednesday and still have not received it. I would have not wasted $20 on getting my shipment early if it would have came later than the date that was given. They give false dates online and will do nothing to make up for their mess up. I never Had a problem with ordering online through Children’s Place and I have never rushed an order But the first time I do and it was not worth it I had to go buy other uniform elsewhere and now at losing out on $20 when it was not rushed. Depending on ever ordering from children’s place online maybe will start shopping locally when my needs will be met. I spend a lot of money with children’s place and also refer a lot of people to shop here and now I will not be doing that. It is much easier In person and the customer service is better in person than on the phone trying to fix this issue.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Ordered online from them. One part of my order is to be delivered by Lasership (the carrier nor The Children's Place knows where my order is at) and I have one polo being delivered by UPS. Makes no sense. Now I am being told they have 7-10 business days to process my order. Will never buy from them again.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I was purchasing school uniforms for my kids but they promised a 30% discount on an order, the literally said price 100 with the credit card 70 but clearly is a fraud. They did charge me the whole amount, only gave me 1000 and my credit score went down, what a bad decision trust this company.

Original review: July 29, 2021

I've had this account for a couple of years. I pay the balance off every time I use it. I received a new statement with only a late charge. I paid it. The next month I received another late charge from the last balance that I paid off that was only a late charge. I called to get it reversed and it was a nightmare. They must outsource their calls to another country because there was a terrible language barrier issue. I couldn't understand the service rep and then she accidentally put me on hold and never came back. She hung up on me. I called back again and when prompted I cancelled my account. Then I selected to be connected again to a service rep. I once again got a service rep. A gentleman this time who I could hardly understand. I explained that I already paid the balance in full last month which only consisted of a late fee. I told him I'm not paying you another late fee upon a late fee and I asked him if he could reverse it.

He told me he couldn't reverse the late fee because the account was now closed. So I asked for a supervisor and finally I got someone who I could clearly understand. I explained my situation and he told me that I had to reopen the account before he could reverse the late fee. So, I reopened the account and he reversed it. I will close the account as soon as the reversal finishes pending. This took up an hour of my time to have a late fee reversed. I understand cutting down on cost but jeez you're outsourcing to people we can't even understand. And you can't get someone who speaks good English unless you escalate the call. Who has time for that?

Original review: June 30, 2021

I made an online purchase for two toddler shirts. I received a notification via email when my order got delivered, and upon checking it, there was only 1 shirt in the package. Although it said both shirts were delivered, they did not package one of them. I needed the shirts for an occasion I am attending out of town, and unfortunately they do not sell this particular shirt in stores. Although they issued a refund for the missing shirt, it was such an inconvenience. I am now on the search to find something similar for my son before my flight leaves tomorrow. I don’t trust ordering anything else from them online. Please do better Children’s Place.

Original review: May 27, 2021

I ordered some merchandise and received an email the merchandise was shipped. On May 4th UPS delivered the package and left it at the front door of my apartment building. Since the package was delivered at a time I was at work I was unable to retrieve it. I contacted children’s place and informed them I never received the package since it was delivered during the time I was working and no one was home to receive it, they informed me I had to reach out to UPS. I then reach out to UPS they say they can’t place a claim because the vendor children’s place needs to file a dispute on my behalf.

I reach out to children’s place and inform them of this and they say they can’t refund me my 200 dollars nor reshoot the merchandise because the package shows delivered even though it shows it was left at the front door. I have been going back and forth for almost a month being bounced between my bank who won’t file a claim because the package shows delivered, although it was left at my door, and No one wants to assist. Please beware of these situations because if it happens to you they will give you the runaround. In the meantime I have no merchandise and no money!!! Buyer beware!!

Original review: May 13, 2021

I have been ordering for many years and have never had an issues. However, I ordered a few items about a month ago and the items were shipped separately. I received one package but not the other. When I called customer service they basically blew me off. Told me to spend hours on the phone with my bank or the post office to resolve my own issue. They refused to either reship the item or refund the amount. This is the only retailer that I have ever tell me to solve my own problems. Most likely will never shop there again.

Original review: April 20, 2021

I am discouraged by this company's difficult website to maneuver. At no point is there a prompt to SEND order.. The screen whisks quickly to the order complete and there is no recourse to alter order.. This seems non customer friendly. Offer to give 30% was not honored on placing my first order using the credit card. Call service center in Columbia, S.A. operator was snippy, horrible customer service skills! When you sign up for the credit card you are sent an instant email which also contains the 'coupon codes' for 30% off. Once you place your order if you aren't aware that this code must be entered and you place the order there is No way to get customer service to apply the discount. When I receive this order for $138 it will be returned to the store and the credit card destroyed! This is a disappointment!

Original review: March 17, 2021

I placed an order on February 28th 2021 and received an email confirming the order was received. When I didn't receive any notification of shipping, I called customer service. I have now called customer service at least 4 times. It is March 17. Each time I call I get the same response, read from a manual stating that the order is confirmed and in process but not ready for shipping as yet. The customer service representatives were not able to provide any further information as to the status of the order. They provided no information beyond what was already provided in the original email. They apparently have no way of contacting the warehouse to inquire about the status of the order, other than to send an email, which always returns the same information already provided in the original email. One of the agents actually responded by sending me the same email again.

At this point, it looks like I will have a disappointed child at her birthday and from reading the other reviews, it seems possible that my order might never come. The customer service agents are unapologetic and continually repeat the same information. It seems clear that this company is unclear about what good customer service means. This is my first purchase with this store. I'm very disappointed and will not shop here again, of course -- given that it seems possible that shopping here is not really shopping at all.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I first ordered a $59 value of clothes, and it shows delivered but was never delivered to me! I haven’t heard back yet. Then I order $30 value of more clothes, it still hasn’t been shipped out! What is going on? I’ve always had a good experience with them!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

I ordered three pairs of pants for my 6 1/2 year old daughter online, and unfortunately I chose size 5-6 instead of size 7-8. So the pants were too low in the waist and I wanted to exchange for another size at the store. The sales person said there was a stain on one pair (even though you could see the fold creases from the shipping and they smelled like new clothes)...and she refused to credit the pair of pants that were clearly never worn - my return was within the week. They were shipped to me and I came to the store with my purchase receipt. How frustrating and a waste of money. Never again.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2021

I've made an order that I never received. Apparently it was stolen off my porch. I have been trying to reach someone as to what to do in this case and would like the items resent or refunded. Still no help.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2020

After my mother bought a pant for her grand grandchildren, the size were too small, my mother lost the ticket. When we went to the store to talk to the store manager, the manager said that she couldn't change the item for another size because they do not have the item, we ask for exchange for another item and we will cover the cost difference, the manager said that her policy won't allow her to do such thing that we need to call the customer service number to get the ticket.

I have been doing this for the last 45 days and every time the customer service representative hang up as soon as I explain that I want to put a complaint against the manager, the customer service rep hang up the phone. This is the worst customer service I have receive, also I would recommend that this stores are investigate because this is kind of a scam. They allow you to buy the product without explaining the return policies and after they just do not allow the exchange or return.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2020

Ordered a Christmas gift for a baby boy and told it was shipped Dec 3rd. I have yet to receive it (now Dec 19th). Now I will probably have to buy another gift if this doesn't come within the next day or two. Don't offer free shipping if you don't use a reliable courier. My advice to customers is don't select free shipping if you need the purchase by a certain time to avoid disappointment. Just pay the extra cost or shop somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2020

Please do not give this company your hard earned money. I ordered my son clothes. Have yet to receive. Going on 15 days now. I was emailed informing me one of the shirts they did not have. At this point I just wanted a refund. Not only was I never refunded for a shirt they didnt have. I got charged on my account twice for one order I have yet to received. Every time I check the shipping it says running behind. Every time I email or get a hold of customer service I get no reply or hung up on and told I cannot do anything about anything until I physically receive my order!! When I could be spending that money somewhere like carters where my order gets to me in a timely manner and I am an appreciated customer. SAVE YOUR MONEY. Don’t believe me? Look up the law suits against Children’s Place right now. Horrible service! So sad.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I ordered two separate items from The Children’s Place and never received it, totaling $150.00. When I call, the line is busy due to high call volumes and disconnects the line from me. They told me to file my claim with USPS and USPS tells me to go to UPS since the items were shipped through UPS originally and forwarded to them to deliver to me. Over two months and I have no clothes and no refund and can’t speak with anyone from CP. I am very upset and frustrated because the times were Christmas gifts for my children. This company is horrible and I wish I never ordered from there. Ruined Christmas!!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Ordered a coat for our toddler grandson on Nov 27th. It is now Dec 10th and still no coat! Customer service was rude and not helpful! Will not order from here again!! We live where it's cold and my grandson needs a coat. Never thought Children's Place was like this!!

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

I made 3 orders almost $500. The first did had not ship and I ordered a second order and I saw the order #2 shipped but not the first, I started making phone calls. Couldn’t get through. I sent an email, no response. I finally got the items almost a month later. Order #3, shipment lost, called and they said I had to file a claim with USPS. I said I want a refund because I didn’t have time to file a claim on a lost package like they told me to. It shipped to New Jersey and still no package. They take your money and have absolutely no repostar, no compassion and do not even attempt to resolve your issue. I’ll never order from them again. They stole my money!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2020

I placed an order on September 16, 2020. On September 21, 2020 I received notification that it was shipping but be patient because it is taking longer due to Covid. I checked the UPS site and they were awaiting the package. It is now November 6 and they are still awaiting package. I have emailed The Children's Place to no avail. I have called customer service only to be told by the automated system that they are experiencing an unusual number of calls and to call back later--click!

I actually stopped into a store in Iowa City, IA and was told by the very rude young sales clerk that she has heard of orders taking two and three months. I was also told it wouldn't help for them to call customer service because they would not get in either!! But they would sell me the items I had ordered in the store which I had already paid for them via my credit card which was charged on September 21. I actually received an email asking how I liked the items I ordered! Really--wouldn't know! I will never order from this store again. They can also stop offering me their credit card!!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2020

My order was shipped to the wrong address and shown delivered but wasn't at the delivery location. After calling the customer service phone number and sitting on hold for over 20 minutes I spoke to Baola and explained the situation to her. I was told there was absolutely, positively nothing that Children's Place could or would do. That I had to open a claim with the USPS. No concern whatsoever on $145 of winter clothes for my son that was incorrectly shipped by them to a wrong address. When I asked for the spelling of her name I was told by Baola "B as in you're a bully". Her supervisor when I told him about it told me he'd review the call to see if the incident really in fact happened. When asked to be transferred to their credit people to dispute the charge I was sent to a phone number that was fully automated with no options to talk to a human. Definitely will not be shopping with Children's Place ever again. Extremely disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2020

I have reached out to Children's Place Online Department since 10/8 during their business hours 9am-5pm Est. The online service mentioned they were close. I also reached out to their corporate department same message. If you reach 800527355 or 18777522387. I ONLY needed to change my address to sender. This have been poor lack of service. This have left me extremely with a bad taste in my mouth about Children's Place. I also, want to point out their Chat Customer Service system wasn't available online. How can you guys stay in business what the following issue?

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I purchased some items online. I thought (like everyone else) they would be delivered within a week... I was moving in 2 weeks. OK, so they're slow - I messaged their customer service after a week, asking for them to update my mailing address. They said they could not (even though they didn't ship it for another week). They told me to call USPS (which I did, and even though I had a change of address, they still delivered it to the old home). I reached out to their corporate contacts - no response. Children's Place is horrible - I will never shop online with them (when Walmart, Target and Amazon can deliver the next day) - and because of their corporate attitude on customer service, we will never shop here again. It cost me $50, but they lost a customer for life.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2020

I’ve always been into the store and thought they had good quality and never had any issues. However with the COVID stuff still going around and my kids back in school I decided to order things online from them. Everything I ordered said it was in stock. I ordered about $80 worth of stuff and got a confirmation #, and thought everything was good. Within 2 hours I received an email saying that I wouldn’t be charged and that my order was cancelled but it didn’t say why. I tried calling every number I could find for them with no response. However the DID still charge my card. I sent an email to their customer service. Well no big deal they will probably just refund it, so LIKE AN IDIOT I tried to order it again. And AGAIN they sent an email saying they cancelled my order and I wouldn’t be charged.

And of course they took the money out of my account again. So I sent an email again. I had to end up going through my bank and disputing the charges to get my money back. I FINALLY got a response to ONE of the emails (As each one I put my specific order number on) with no real explanation as to why they cancelled my orders. I’m not an idiot address, name, bank info, it said it was in stock, but they sure charged me for it! They wouldn’t have given me my money back either (Even thought they said they would) like I said I had to dispute it through my bank as a fraudulent charge. This whole thing made me so mad I don’t even want to go into their stores anymore. I don’t like doing business with people that straight up try to steal my money with NOTHING in return.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2020

I placed an order online, and I received 2 of the 4 items. I called their customer service hotline, 1-877-752-2387. It is the hotline for Children's Place and Gymboree stores. After selecting CP customer service representative, I got a message stating that there is a high call volume. Rather than hearing, "your call is very important to us, please stay on the line," the message hangs up on you. I called back and selected "All other inquiries." I was able to speak to a representative and get a tracking number. He was not able to provide an estimated delivery date, and referred me to the deliver service. CP's phone system needs to be repaired so it doesn't drop customers.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

Did I mention Bad... Typical company... Started out, found some success, paid the top good money. They went on vacation and the rest is history.. No more of my business or anyone I can convince not to use them. Did I mention Bad...

Original review: Oct. 3, 2020

I placed an order on September 18th. It took a week before I even received an email stating that The Children's Place had received my order. I waited a few more days and reached out to customer care to ask where my order was and when it might ever ship. No response was ever sent. I finally received confirmation that my order had shipped and the tracking showed it would be delivered on September 26th. Well that date came and went with no delivery. No, order status updates. No, "Hey sorry we are delayed." Nothing!! Radio silence.

I reached out again to customer service to ask where my order was and I still to this day have received no response to my first or second email. I finally found out my order would be delivered on October 3rd by checking the tracking myself. Again no delivery as promised. So I checked the tracking and once again it states the package will be late. I now have placed a third email to the The Children's Place. I seriously doubt they will ever respond. I also contacted Comenity to cancel my 'The Children's Place' credit card. This will be my first and last order with The Children's Place.

It's not even so much the ridiculous shipping times or the missed delivery dates. It's really the lack of customer care. Their prices are cheap! I'd assume their clothes are probably about the same quality as is their customer care, but I can't comment since I don't have anything 16 days later. Lower quality clothing is what I fully expected and was willing to accept for play clothes. I just kind of expected to actually receive something for my money. Parents looking for children's clothing... Rest assured your order would arrive quicker if you had someone start from strips of fabric, hand sew the items and then ship them by car from China. Order anywhere else.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2020

I went to place an order and my total JUMPED up by $25 and every price changed as soon as I hit checkout, immediately called and they said they cancelled It, reversed charges and then days later recharged me and said there was nothing they could do when I called to confront them again. Now my package is apparently coming, even though the tracking number provided doesn’t lead anywhere and the only thing I can do is return the items if they ever arrive. Absolutely awful customer service and I will never be using their company again. I never ever write negative reviews but am so disgusted by how this company runs its business.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

This is the second time I had an issue regarding the shipment and I called customer service on both times. They only like to read to you the issue, but do not know how to empathize and find a solution to the issue. The second one even laughed at me over the phone.

The Children's Place Company Information