1.04/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

The Children's Place

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

The Children's Place Reviews

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

This morning I listened, in total horror, to my poor mother spending 2 hours on the phone with the Children's Place 'customer service' and 'manager'! There was some sort of 'glitch' in The Children's Place software that somehow managed to cancel my mother's order but still charged her credit card for it. Her goal is trying to get the correct size clothes for her grandson, in time for his birthday. Between getting the run-a-round and being on hold, she was on the phone for 2 hours!! Not only was she told that NO ONE there could help her, but also that it could take anywhere from 2-7 business days to be contacted by someone who could...UNACCEPTABLE!! My mother has been loyally shopping and donating with children's place for close to 15 yrs, shame on them!! And, they make it completely impossible to write reviews or contact anyone, absolutely RIDICULOUS!!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Talking with customer service I've come to realize that I was not charged late fee and I was overcharged for a late fee I did not know but got a statement one month after stating I did not.. Payment was sent October 17th but they don't take payment through PayPal. I think that this should be changed with a company policy and I really don't like my Children's Place at all.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I placed an order with Children's Place on the 17th of October, I cancelled it within 30 mins. The authorization hold is still sitting on my account almost a month later and neither PayPal or TCP is willing to assist me. I've called countless times to have this taken care of and all I have encountered is agent after agent who could care less. Supervisors who hang up in your face and I've been promised a callback FOUR different times but to no avail. I contacted them again today and asked for the number to the Corp Office and the rude rep on the phone gives me a number to their front end customer service. I have never felt so disrespected than I have with this long drawn out fiasco and I see that absolutely nobody at that place cares a bit. Do not shop with this company. The service sucks.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I placed an online order. I received an email stating the order has shipped and a date range of when it would be delivered to the store. I had not received any pick up notification but went to the store on the last date it should have been delivered by. A Children’s Place employee absolutely refused to look for my order without a pick up email from them despite me asking multiple times.

A few days later I get an email stating that my order was cancelled because I didn’t pick it up on time. I immediately called customer service to explain the events that had happened and to ask that they just hold my order for a couple hours so I could come get it. They told me there was nothing to do, my order is cancelled. I thought it was surely a misunderstanding and emailed customer service. I then received a generic response that simply stared “we are sorry about the inconvenience” with zero effort to try and fix anything. I responded to let them know how disappointed I was with their response and asked to be removed from their email and text notifications as I won’t shop there again.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

This is beyond belief!!! If you have The Children’s Place credit card, beware of the interest charges on late payments. I purchased uniform pieces for $38.90. The following month I received an errant late payment charge along with our bill for the $38.90. We paid the $38.90, and the late fee was canceled. One month later, today, I received another bill for the same items, only this time for $41.90. When I called, I was told that there was a two dollar charge to cancel the late fee, so I now owe the entire amount again plus the two dollars. Does any of this make any sense to you? It sure doesn’t to me. I have cancelled my card and will NEVER do business with The Children’s Place again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

I purchased a winter coat on 10/4/19. I was charged the full amount on 10/7/19. The item was shipped, and I received it (albeit after 14 days). Transaction complete.. or so I thought. Today, 11/01/19 I found a second charge for the same amount. I went to my bank, they said to call PayPal. Called PayPal. They said they could see that The Children’s Place did indeed send in a request for payment, and they could also see the previous order from October. They were stumped. Had me call The Children’s Place. Spoke to the rudest woman I have ever talked to in my life.

I explained that they had charged me twice for the same amount. That it was their fault. That the amount had been removed from my account twice. She insisted that I was mistaken. That didn’t happen. That it was just a place holder, and the money wasn’t really removed. But because I had already spoken to the bank, and they verified that wasn’t the case, and that the money was fully removed from my account twice, I knew that I wasn’t mistaken. I explained again that I had spoken to my bank, and that I needed the money refunded or I was filing a claim, which involves the police. She told me to go ahead. So that is what I did. I am disputing the charge. Went and signed papers at the bank for them to investigate. The police will be involved if the company is found at fault and don’t return the money. It would be considered a theft. Do NOT shop here. The clothes are okay, but not worth the customer service drama at all. It is below a zero.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2019

I have been a customer for many years spending hundreds of dollars a year between my myplace credit card and in store! I made a online order that says it was delivered but I never received it. I called the company. They redirected me to the card service. Long story short neither one did anything for me so I’m out a couple hundred dollars as well as my daughter's school clothes!! I will be paying off my card and never doing business with this company again!!! Horrible all around!!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

Drowning in emails. I have called multiple times. I emailed many times. All to unsubscribe from the emails which I get multiples on a daily basis. They keep on promising me to take me off the list but I’m still getting multiple emails a day. I haven’t bought their products in years nor used any of their services. It’s ridiculous and I think they’re just continuing to keep me on their list to piss me off.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

This company does NOT care in the least about resolving customer issues! The last THREE orders I have placed online have been cancelled by them. They send me an email confirmation, take the money from my account, then send me an email that they cancelled my order and won’t give a reason why. I called customer service and they had the NERVE to tell me my address didn’t match what the bank has on file for my credit card! I made her get on a 3-way conversation with my bank who verified my address AND that they took the money from my account. Now they claim they need to ‘verify more information’ but won’t tell me what information they need to verify. In the meantime, they took my money and won’t fulfill my order. There is not one person there who actually cares about the customer. They refuse to resolve my issue and I have contacted the BBB.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

I bought this item for my son's birthday and my entire had family shirts to match that said the birthday dude’s mom, the birthday dude’s dad, the birthday dude’s brother, the birthday dude’s sister. And when I got my son's birthday shirt it was not this one that I ordered. I called to try to get the correct shirt before his birthday to be told it was a mistake but now they have no shirts left in any size and that I can just return it at my local store. Get NOTHING in return for my son's birthday shirt!! So now I paid for a shirt that I can do nothing with and still have to find my son a shirt in 6 days for his birthday to match my entire family. I will never order from Children’s Place again and will tell everyone I know who has kids. Poor customer service with no solution to a problem they caused.

The Children's Place Company Information