3.7/5 (240 ratings)

About The Children's Place

The Children's Place Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Updated on 9/16/2022: Opened a claim for a shipment never received and shipped to the wrong address, and everytime I would call they would say it was still in process and then out of nowhere they said it was resolved, when they never even called. And now they keep sending me back and forth and now USPS nor the store are resolving the issue, and it's been 2 months and I haven't received the nor the package or my money back.

Original review: Made ordered and they delivered to wrong address and when they delivered and I called, they didn't even try to help and find a solution to my situation immediately and washed their hands with, "Oh just call the carrier and go from there." No kind of options, no kind of help, NOTHING. Very disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2022

I ordered my son's school uniform pants from here on July 29, 2022. Bad mistake. My package was stolen out of my building's mailroom on Aug 2nd, 2022. The shipper (LaserShip) never put the package in the mail locker. Just threw it in the mailroom on some boxes. And now I'm out of the merchandise and my money. Because The Children's Place would not reimburse or replace the merchandise. I've read some similar reviews. I filed a complaint with the FTC and my local division of Consumer Affairs. I will be filing with the NY Attorney General Office as well.

My point is just don't write a review. Report them. With enough complaints we as consumers can stop this practice that they are doing. And the only way to do that is to report their behavior to the right agencies. This is what they're there for. We as the little people can't make but so much noise on our own. But together with our complaints can bring awareness to the right people. That can fight on our behalf. Most complaint filing is done online or you can call. Just don't write a review and then not report them. We have to let them know that it's not ok that you think you can just keep people's money. And the merchandise was never received. So numbers is power. Complain people. Complain to these agencies to stop The Children's Place online unfair practices against everyday hard working consumers.

Original review: July 25, 2022

I ordered a big order from them and they separated it into 3 deliveries. They sent 2 packages to the wrong address and refuse to fix it. I contacted the carriers which wasn’t easy because they had the wrong carrier. The carrier said that if Children's place gave the ok they could put the right address and reship it but children's place wouldn’t give permission. They have horrible customer service and don’t care what happens to the package after they get your money.

Original review: June 21, 2022

I ordered 3 pairs of sunglasses for my daughter which shipped on 5/13/22 and the package did not arrive until 5/28/22, 15 days later. That was not my issue. Children's Place packed 3 tiny pairs of sunglasses in a large box without packing material. It was a big box filled mostly with air. The box got crushed and the tiny glasses which were not secure in the box slipped out. I did not receive 2 out of 3 pairs of the glasses and Children's place refuses to replace them. They point the blame at the delivery carrier. My transaction was not with the carrier. My transaction was with Children's place. Until those items are in my possession, they are not mine. I paid Children’s place $9.65 for items not received due to their poor packing. I would like a replacement OR credit of $9.65. It’s not a large sum, but a large corporation should be able to make it right with a longtime customer. I paid them and they didn’t fulfill transaction.

Original review: May 27, 2022

Horrible experience with this company. I ordered some clothes for my boys and it was shipped to the wrong address. When I tried to call customer service but to my surprise they were closed. When I did finally get in contact with somebody I was informed that the package was already shipped and delivered and the only resolution I was offered was to try and contact the carrier to see if the carrier can go back and retrieve the package. When I asked why I wasn't given the information of who was delivering the package he couldn't answer that question. So now I'm out of money trying to dispute this with my bank and The Children's Place is blocking it claiming that there's no fraud. Well yes it is fraud. First off wrong billing address, wrong shipping address and the wrong individual received the package. I will never, never purchase from the store again and it's sad because they have really decent prices.

Original review: May 20, 2022

I would give them 0 if I could. Placed an order and it said, "Apply for a credit card and you will automatically receive 30% off at checkout." Applied. It said, "Congratulations. You were approved. Your discount will automatically be applied at checkout." Showed me what my new balance would be but when I checked out the 30% was not taken off. I emailed them immediately because their customer service center is closed on weekends. Gave them 5 days to respond.... No answer. Called and they refuse to credit me back the difference. Told me they will give me a coupon for next time. There won't be a next time.

I sent everything to my son directly because they live 2 hours away. Bought everything my grandson needs now because I was supposed to get 30% off. This is false advertising, they do not stand by their own advertisement. They told me to go return everything and repurchase it. I will return everything and never purchase anything from them again. Buyer beware!!!!

Original review: April 29, 2022

Place an order (#**) in March, apparently delivered on April 1st by Canada post, with nothing in the mailbox, contact customer service was told I was going to get a refund, placed a second order: Order Number **. Order Date April 7, 2022 at 3:49pm #**. F. D. ** to replace the one I never got (one item was already out of stock). Got it delivered straight to Canada post for me to pick it up. After over a month and countless phone calls and excuses still no refund. Used to buy my kid's uniforms from them either directly online or from Amazon, NEVER AGAIN.

Fausto D.

Original review: April 21, 2022

Ordered from The Children's Place and ordered a pack of shirts size 5/6. They sent me size 4. Went to the store to return and they refused to return them due to no tags on the shirts. They came in a multi pack and had no tags when I received them. Customer service is a joke. They said no returns without tags and no exceptions. How can I return them with tags when they sent them with no tags. When I called back and disputed it they said I need to return to the store and speak to a manager. I spoke to the manager when I was there and she refused to return them. Customer service service said there is nothing they can do. No refund, no exchange, nothing. Awful service. I have never had a problem with customer service before but everything has changed now. Beware.

Original review: April 4, 2022

So I made 3 purchases, spent my last dollars on summer clothes for my son. They charged a second 'ret rev' transactions for each transaction. Basically return reversals without a return! I called and they acted like I was overreacting and said their authorization holds and will be returned within 3- 5 business days. First of all, I cannot afford to have this money pending, I'm a single mom on disability and I now have 90$ in limbo, my account is -62$, I've been charged a 10$ overdraft fee for my account being in the negative, not my fault because this is not a normal nor legitimate transaction! It's not an authorization hold, the money was taken and then a ' return reversal' yet no refund!

It's very Shady that they're doing this and I'm stressed because the money I'm supposed to get April 5th for my son's birthday cake and water table (birthday April 8) will not cover those things if my money is not returned to my bank account! I made an online purchase, I paid and now I feel deceived due to them using a deceitful way to take more money from my account. This is not acceptable. I would like my money returned immediately! Plus an extra ten dollars for the overdraft fee I incurred. I was not informed that any more than what I paid would be taken from my bank account and I did not authorize it. Very unprofessional of them. Who does this? I would suggest to not purchase things online with your own bank account and to use a prepaid Visa debit as to avoid this. I do not want to be stressed out as a customer. That's not the kind of experience I should be getting.

Original review: March 10, 2022

This is the second time that I ordered online but unfortunately, the customer support let you wait for 10 days more to get an update with your order. The last time I ordered, they said my package was lost but in the tracking Purolator didn't pick up my package from the warehouse. So after 2 wks of waiting they refunded my money. So right now, I tried it again and still there's no update, I don't know how they manage their business like this. It's so frustrating because I will use that order for my niece's coming bday.

Original review: March 7, 2022

PayPal added a wrong address to my order (which I cannot even find on my PayPal account to remove). I made a request to change the town in my shipping address within minutes of realizing the error. I am astonished that their customer service is so incredibly poor that they refuse to accommodate such a simple request. They also will not cancel the order even though it was only made minutes ago. They will ship the order and wait for it to be returned to sender, and perhaps after a month, I might receive my $300 back. Rest assured, I will never be shopping with you again in the future. Everyone complains that Amazon is taking an unfair share of the retail market, but perhaps that's because their shopping experience and customer service experience is so far superior to this nonsense. I have less and less sympathy for their competitors.

Original review: March 7, 2022

Did not receive package in mail. Was told by Natalie in customer service that my only option is to dispute credit card charges and I should reach out to UPS. No offers of assistance, help etc.. I strongly encourage you all not to use them.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

You basically STOLE $140 from me by sending my order to the WRONG address! I have tried multiple times to contact you! You do NOT care that you sent my order to the WRONG home and claimed that you sent me my package! I never received it and I looked for it the second it was delivered per the notification!!! I am disputing the charge with my credit card! You will NEVER get my business again!!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

Guys, PLEASE, STAY AWAY from online purchasing with this company. I always shop there at physical location, but since my bad experience online, I Will NEVER AGAIN order from them. I have never received my package from them. I have opened 5 different claims that are ALL stayed UNANSWERED. I called them and they told me they cannot issue me a refund, I have to ask my bank for it. What?!?! I used paypal. That's another headache that I have to deal with. They told me UPS shopped my package. I called UPS, they are telling that USPS was responsible for shipping my package to me. I called USPS, they are telling me it is not them. YET Children's Place is telling me it was supposed to be UPS. I sent them the email I received from UPS explaining that it wasn't them. They don't give a crap. I lost my money. Going on 3 weeks now, no package, no money refund. STAY AWAY FROM THEM. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR! STAY AWAY.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Will constantly Flag and cancel orders that are legit. No wonder the company was involved in a lawsuit. Their shady practices are undeniable. How are they still open, I have no idea. This company needs to be boycotted.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

The store does not honor Afterpay. It’s all false advertising. When you try and pay it tells you to try another method of payment. This store will not honor Afterpay. I know at least 5 people or more who tried to shop this store using Afterpay. It was declined.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

We purchased around 22.57$ at OCT but didn't receive any email/mail/sms/phone notification that this is the minimum amount I have to pay or this is my billing date. I didn't receive any credit card Statement till date. I totally forgot about this activity and assumed I did the billing from my own credit card, and all of a sudden, my wife received a call on Jan 09 that around 89$ is pending due to late payment. I am literally disappointed with this type of unprofessional behavior and it's a kind of fraud in my view. I have already closed my credit card and not interested to fall in this loop again but would expect that they waive my late payment fee as it was not informed ever by any communication channel. Looking forward to see how it goes.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

On Dec 28, 2021, I placed an order on Children's Place website. Need make changes, so I called their customer services. The agent told me that she canceled my order, I can place a new order. So, I placed a new order. They shipped both orders and charged both to my credit card. I called their customer services again. The agent told me that they shipped on Dec 29. The cancelation on Dec 28 is just a cancelation request, not a real cancelation. I asked him to schedule a pickup for the first order. He told me he cannot do it. In the new order, one item I ordered is a $19.98, 2 pack pajamas. The one I received only has one pack in it. I have to dispute on both orders. Waste time and money and feel troublesome.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Christmas pajamas for our grandkids were ordered on 12/12. On 12/14, we received an email stating that the items were shipped. Children's Place was advertising that items ordered would be delivered by Christmas which I felt was truly false advertising. On 12/20 I called customer service regarding the status of my order & was told to wait until 12/25 before inquiring again. I checked the status online on 12/26 which said that I should wait until 1/4. The tracking number provided no updates. I emailed them on 1/4 asking where my order was & letting them know that they were the only vendor who did not deliver items as promised. I received an email saying that there would be a credit to my account with no explanation for what happened.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I purchased an item online and used a coupon code together with a $10 rewards certificate. Unfortunately, I ordered the wrong size and placed another order for the exact same item and price for an even exchange. I returned the wrong item in store but upon calling customer service, they said that they cannot do a price adjustment or reissue the rewards certificate or issue another one because it was already used. This is the worst rewards program that I’ve used and is certainly not worth it.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I placed a large order for my son for Christmas as many are currently doing, when I tracked my package noticed that it would be coming while out of town for Thanksgiving. The package was sent UPS SurePost, so I paid UPS 8 dollars to hold the shipment for pick-up at a UPS access point. Somehow there was a mix up and I received a email saying my shipment had been received at the access point, I go to access point to pick up and no package. As I am UPS searched it had continued its journey to my home via USPS and the driver delivered the box to the post office. With SurePost there is no way to hold the shipment for pick up which is important nowadays with package theft so rampant. Unfortunately I live in a area where packages of are stolen within 5-7 min of being put down, when I tracked my package this week it had been delivered to a person. That is all the tracking stated, no signature. Nothing. Just delivered to a person!!!! **.

I called Children's Place and have been getting the run around from both UPS,USPS and Children's Place about fault and Children's Place call center defaults to another country and all they do is read the script. This has been very frustrating since funds are tight this year! A package delivered to someone other than me, doesn't mean delivered. When speaking about this with USPS they confirm it is a known problem for my area and I now have to jump through hoops with USPS. Children's Place will not help me! After 14 years of supporting this brand I cannot unless I am in the mall, there is nothing to protect the consumer when doing online ordering, when everyone knows packages are stolen regularly nowadays!!!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

Placed an order of 5 adult holiday pajamas on 11/16/2021. They claimed it was delivered on 11/20/2021 and that it was delivered to my mailbox! We have cameras and no such delivery was made. Also it's impossible for 5 adult pajamas to be delivered to a "Letter Mailbox" that barely fits regular size letter envelopes but yet they claim, 2 Large, 2 x large & 1 xx Large adult pajamas were left in my mailbox! I offered to send pictures of the mailbox & mentioned it's a multiple dwelling apartment building & they refuse to hear me out. I did dispute it with my credit card & saved a copy of my online chat with them as well & pictures. 'DISPUTE ANY CHARGES WITH YOUR BANK OR CREDIT CARD"!!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

This company has by far the worst return policy of anyone! They will not return or refund without a receipt, even if they’re new with the tags still attached. To exchange, that item has to match exactly. That includes the exact same graphics on t’s. Unbelievable!!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I ordered from Children's Place on 11/15. By 11/16 I received a notification that my items have shipped. Great, right? Nope. Almost two weeks had passed and no package so I check the status. My package was out for delivery on 11/28 and then on 11/29 the status was updated to delivery delayed so I contact Children's place. First is hard to get anyone on the phone and when I finally did they said the status would need to be unchanged for 10 days before they consider working out a resolution with me. So I then submit an inquiry with the shipping company because guess what, they don't answer their phones either. I received a generic response and then they marked my package as delivered when they never showed.

I wait 3 days per the instructions on Children's Place website and when I called them back they tell me because the package is marked as delivered they cannot issue a refund and I would have to submit a dispute with my financial institution. I asked to speak to a supervisor and after being on hold for 30 minutes he gives me the same spill. Children's place and the shippers they use are robbers. Do not order anything from them because they definitely do not value their customers.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I have joined the fast-growing list of un-happy long time customers. Terrible service and blatant lies! They want me to accept that the items missing for several weeks are in transit simply because they have created a shipping label. That UPS label's tracking number on the UPS site indicates the package has not been handed over by TCP. Many un-happy customers...If I were CEO there would be a major shake-up! No competent CEO and board would allow a company to head in the direction TCP is heading.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I brought clothes from site at the beginning of November and here it is about to be Christmas. I still haven’t received anything. They refused to refund me my money until after Christmas. I will never order or shop there again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I’ve been purchasing my kids clothings from TCP for years. The last year, it’s been terrible. The final straw was my order for Christmas, placed 11/27/2021. 5 items, all in stock. Was notified it shipped in 2 days and would be delivered 12/1/2021; Then delayed to 12/3/2021. Then no delivery, and no tracking information. TCP told me to take it up with the shipping facility - and if I don’t receive my order by 12/14/2021 I can do something about it.

On any normal circumstances, 17 days to wait for an order wouldn’t be terrible. But this order contains Christmas Day clothing. To wait until 10 days before Christmas to dispute an order seems like I won’t be having the order for Christmas. No one will get back to me. I used my store credit card to purchase this, which mind you- is 26% interest. So I’m paying more and more for items I don’t even have. Secondly, I’d like to comment on their accounting. I have automatic payment set up for my credit card to be debited from my bank account directly. They don’t debit until the day your payment is due. This result in the payment not posting for 24 to 72 hours. Two months in a row I’ve received a $37 late fee. It almost seems like it’s on purpose, cannot debit my account until the due date. Knowing that any transfer will take at least 24 hours.

Any other credit card this does not happen with, especially during Covid. I have four other credit cards I actively use, and none of them charge a late fee. Especially not for their own incompetence. I will not be purchasing my kids clothes from this store/company any further. They’re only worth it when they’re on sale, and honestly, their sales have been pretty bad lately. The cost of their clothes are gone up. Girls clothes cost more than boys clothes for the exact same item?? Take Your business elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I ordered 5 pieces of clothing from Children Place on November 9, 2021. They use a company called On Track to deliver their packages. On Track said they delivered the package on November 23rd. At 6:15pm. I have a ring door bell. I showed no activity at my front door after 3:18 pm... I told On Track this and Children's Place this info.

I have talked to On Track 3 times now about my missing package. They gave me a case number and told me someone from Children's Place has to call On Track to verify the case number/ask them to look at the open investigation in order for me to get my refund back. No one from On Track has called me back. It's been 3 days. Childrens Place said they will not call On Track when it's their shipping company. Customer service person basically told me they don't do that. I won't get my refund back. To call my bank!!! I spent over 100 bucks. I don't have my package. They won't help me whatsoever. Worst customer service I have ever experienced. I will never buy from this company again. I suggest you all dont support them either.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I ordered 8 items from The Children's place that said delivered however it was never delivered. I contacted Children's Place on numerous occasions to deal with the situation. Every time I was sent to contact the carrier then the carrier sent me to the shipper. I am so tired of being sent everywhere for answers with no resolution. I do not understand how a big company does not ensure the items that they ship and leave the customers without hundreds of dollars of items and no way to resend, compensate or get a refund for the items. Think twice before you order from Children's Place. You take the losses. The company only cares about itself. The customer does not matter!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

In error I had made a duplicate order and immediately called the company to have the second order canceled. They refused to cancel it saying I would have to pay to ship it back to them despite how they hadn’t even shipped it yet. They didn’t ship it 'til 12 hours after I requested to cancel, they had AMPLE time to cancel it. So instead of doing the right thing for their long time client they instead just forced me to pay an extra $45 dollars for nothing. I will NEVER shop at this store again.

The Children's Place Company Information