1.1/5 (42 ratings)

About The Children's Place

The Children's Place Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about The Children's Place?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2022

Guys, PLEASE, STAY AWAY from online purchasing with this company. I always shop there at physical location, but since my bad experience online, I Will NEVER AGAIN order from them. I have never received my package from them. I have opened 5 different claims that are ALL stayed UNANSWERED. I called them and they told me they cannot issue me a refund, I have to ask my bank for it. What?!?! I used paypal. That's another headache that I have to deal with. They told me UPS shopped my package. I called UPS, they are telling that USPS was responsible for shipping my package to me. I called USPS, they are telling me it is not them. YET Children's Place is telling me it was supposed to be UPS. I sent them the email I received from UPS explaining that it wasn't them. They don't give a crap. I lost my money. Going on 3 weeks now, no package, no money refund. STAY AWAY FROM THEM. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR! STAY AWAY.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

Will constantly Flag and cancel orders that are legit. No wonder the company was involved in a lawsuit. Their shady practices are undeniable. How are they still open, I have no idea. This company needs to be boycotted.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

The store does not honor Afterpay. It’s all false advertising. When you try and pay it tells you to try another method of payment. This store will not honor Afterpay. I know at least 5 people or more who tried to shop this store using Afterpay. It was declined.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

We purchased around 22.57$ at OCT but didn't receive any email/mail/sms/phone notification that this is the minimum amount I have to pay or this is my billing date. I didn't receive any credit card Statement till date. I totally forgot about this activity and assumed I did the billing from my own credit card, and all of a sudden, my wife received a call on Jan 09 that around 89$ is pending due to late payment. I am literally disappointed with this type of unprofessional behavior and it's a kind of fraud in my view. I have already closed my credit card and not interested to fall in this loop again but would expect that they waive my late payment fee as it was not informed ever by any communication channel. Looking forward to see how it goes.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

On Dec 28, 2021, I placed an order on Children's Place website. Need make changes, so I called their customer services. The agent told me that she canceled my order, I can place a new order. So, I placed a new order. They shipped both orders and charged both to my credit card. I called their customer services again. The agent told me that they shipped on Dec 29. The cancelation on Dec 28 is just a cancelation request, not a real cancelation. I asked him to schedule a pickup for the first order. He told me he cannot do it. In the new order, one item I ordered is a $19.98, 2 pack pajamas. The one I received only has one pack in it. I have to dispute on both orders. Waste time and money and feel troublesome.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

Christmas pajamas for our grandkids were ordered on 12/12. On 12/14, we received an email stating that the items were shipped. Children's Place was advertising that items ordered would be delivered by Christmas which I felt was truly false advertising. On 12/20 I called customer service regarding the status of my order & was told to wait until 12/25 before inquiring again. I checked the status online on 12/26 which said that I should wait until 1/4. The tracking number provided no updates. I emailed them on 1/4 asking where my order was & letting them know that they were the only vendor who did not deliver items as promised. I received an email saying that there would be a credit to my account with no explanation for what happened.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I purchased an item online and used a coupon code together with a $10 rewards certificate. Unfortunately, I ordered the wrong size and placed another order for the exact same item and price for an even exchange. I returned the wrong item in store but upon calling customer service, they said that they cannot do a price adjustment or reissue the rewards certificate or issue another one because it was already used. This is the worst rewards program that I’ve used and is certainly not worth it.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

I placed a large order for my son for Christmas as many are currently doing, when I tracked my package noticed that it would be coming while out of town for Thanksgiving. The package was sent UPS SurePost, so I paid UPS 8 dollars to hold the shipment for pick-up at a UPS access point. Somehow there was a mix up and I received a email saying my shipment had been received at the access point, I go to access point to pick up and no package. As I am UPS searched it had continued its journey to my home via USPS and the driver delivered the box to the post office. With SurePost there is no way to hold the shipment for pick up which is important nowadays with package theft so rampant. Unfortunately I live in a area where packages of are stolen within 5-7 min of being put down, when I tracked my package this week it had been delivered to a person. That is all the tracking stated, no signature. Nothing. Just delivered to a person!!!! **.

I called Children's Place and have been getting the run around from both UPS,USPS and Children's Place about fault and Children's Place call center defaults to another country and all they do is read the script. This has been very frustrating since funds are tight this year! A package delivered to someone other than me, doesn't mean delivered. When speaking about this with USPS they confirm it is a known problem for my area and I now have to jump through hoops with USPS. Children's Place will not help me! After 14 years of supporting this brand I cannot unless I am in the mall, there is nothing to protect the consumer when doing online ordering, when everyone knows packages are stolen regularly nowadays!!!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2021

Placed an order of 5 adult holiday pajamas on 11/16/2021. They claimed it was delivered on 11/20/2021 and that it was delivered to my mailbox! We have cameras and no such delivery was made. Also it's impossible for 5 adult pajamas to be delivered to a "Letter Mailbox" that barely fits regular size letter envelopes but yet they claim, 2 Large, 2 x large & 1 xx Large adult pajamas were left in my mailbox! I offered to send pictures of the mailbox & mentioned it's a multiple dwelling apartment building & they refuse to hear me out. I did dispute it with my credit card & saved a copy of my online chat with them as well & pictures. 'DISPUTE ANY CHARGES WITH YOUR BANK OR CREDIT CARD"!!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

This company has by far the worst return policy of anyone! They will not return or refund without a receipt, even if they’re new with the tags still attached. To exchange, that item has to match exactly. That includes the exact same graphics on t’s. Unbelievable!!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I ordered from Children's Place on 11/15. By 11/16 I received a notification that my items have shipped. Great, right? Nope. Almost two weeks had passed and no package so I check the status. My package was out for delivery on 11/28 and then on 11/29 the status was updated to delivery delayed so I contact Children's place. First is hard to get anyone on the phone and when I finally did they said the status would need to be unchanged for 10 days before they consider working out a resolution with me. So I then submit an inquiry with the shipping company because guess what, they don't answer their phones either. I received a generic response and then they marked my package as delivered when they never showed.

I wait 3 days per the instructions on Children's Place website and when I called them back they tell me because the package is marked as delivered they cannot issue a refund and I would have to submit a dispute with my financial institution. I asked to speak to a supervisor and after being on hold for 30 minutes he gives me the same spill. Children's place and the shippers they use are robbers. Do not order anything from them because they definitely do not value their customers.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2021

I have joined the fast-growing list of un-happy long time customers. Terrible service and blatant lies! They want me to accept that the items missing for several weeks are in transit simply because they have created a shipping label. That UPS label's tracking number on the UPS site indicates the package has not been handed over by TCP. Many un-happy customers...If I were CEO there would be a major shake-up! No competent CEO and board would allow a company to head in the direction TCP is heading.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I brought clothes from site at the beginning of November and here it is about to be Christmas. I still haven’t received anything. They refused to refund me my money until after Christmas. I will never order or shop there again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2021

I’ve been purchasing my kids clothings from TCP for years. The last year, it’s been terrible. The final straw was my order for Christmas, placed 11/27/2021. 5 items, all in stock. Was notified it shipped in 2 days and would be delivered 12/1/2021; Then delayed to 12/3/2021. Then no delivery, and no tracking information. TCP told me to take it up with the shipping facility - and if I don’t receive my order by 12/14/2021 I can do something about it.

On any normal circumstances, 17 days to wait for an order wouldn’t be terrible. But this order contains Christmas Day clothing. To wait until 10 days before Christmas to dispute an order seems like I won’t be having the order for Christmas. No one will get back to me. I used my store credit card to purchase this, which mind you- is 26% interest. So I’m paying more and more for items I don’t even have. Secondly, I’d like to comment on their accounting. I have automatic payment set up for my credit card to be debited from my bank account directly. They don’t debit until the day your payment is due. This result in the payment not posting for 24 to 72 hours. Two months in a row I’ve received a $37 late fee. It almost seems like it’s on purpose, cannot debit my account until the due date. Knowing that any transfer will take at least 24 hours.

Any other credit card this does not happen with, especially during Covid. I have four other credit cards I actively use, and none of them charge a late fee. Especially not for their own incompetence. I will not be purchasing my kids clothes from this store/company any further. They’re only worth it when they’re on sale, and honestly, their sales have been pretty bad lately. The cost of their clothes are gone up. Girls clothes cost more than boys clothes for the exact same item?? Take Your business elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2021

I ordered 5 pieces of clothing from Children Place on November 9, 2021. They use a company called On Track to deliver their packages. On Track said they delivered the package on November 23rd. At 6:15pm. I have a ring door bell. I showed no activity at my front door after 3:18 pm... I told On Track this and Children's Place this info.

I have talked to On Track 3 times now about my missing package. They gave me a case number and told me someone from Children's Place has to call On Track to verify the case number/ask them to look at the open investigation in order for me to get my refund back. No one from On Track has called me back. It's been 3 days. Childrens Place said they will not call On Track when it's their shipping company. Customer service person basically told me they don't do that. I won't get my refund back. To call my bank!!! I spent over 100 bucks. I don't have my package. They won't help me whatsoever. Worst customer service I have ever experienced. I will never buy from this company again. I suggest you all dont support them either.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I ordered 8 items from The Children's place that said delivered however it was never delivered. I contacted Children's Place on numerous occasions to deal with the situation. Every time I was sent to contact the carrier then the carrier sent me to the shipper. I am so tired of being sent everywhere for answers with no resolution. I do not understand how a big company does not ensure the items that they ship and leave the customers without hundreds of dollars of items and no way to resend, compensate or get a refund for the items. Think twice before you order from Children's Place. You take the losses. The company only cares about itself. The customer does not matter!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2021

In error I had made a duplicate order and immediately called the company to have the second order canceled. They refused to cancel it saying I would have to pay to ship it back to them despite how they hadn’t even shipped it yet. They didn’t ship it 'til 12 hours after I requested to cancel, they had AMPLE time to cancel it. So instead of doing the right thing for their long time client they instead just forced me to pay an extra $45 dollars for nothing. I will NEVER shop at this store again.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

Children's Place shipped out a package that said was delivered but never came. When I reached out to them they refused to help me or refund my money. This company does not care about their customers and will rob people of their hard earned money. There is nothing I can do to get my money back. Children's Place told me to call their shipping company which also hasn't done anything to help me. Then they told me to take it up with PayPal which is also a dead end. I will never shop here again because this experience shorted me of 60 dollars worth of clothes that never showed up.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I ordered three sets of boys pj's and a girl's coat. I've gotten the alert on my phone that the package was delivered and when I got home from work, I looked for my package and it was nowhere to be found. I asked my elderly neighbor if a package was mistakenly delivered to her and she did not get a delivery. So I waited a few days to see if my package will arrive and still no package. I contacted Children's Place customer service and the lady told me that it shows my package has arrived and it is nothing they can do and will not be able to refund me or send me another package and that I will have to contact the postal carrier to find out where my package was delivered. I have been fighting this for a week now.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Never shop here ever! If your package is lost in the mail, they won't refund your money, because in their eyes it's your fault it's lost. So you just will be shorted out of whatever amount money you spent, they will tell you to address it with everybody but them. So they can keep your money basically they are scammers out to steal your money.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I've done many orders with them and never had an issue, but the last two packages that I ordered, I did not receive them, so I called for help. They kept sending me in circles and telling me to call a bunch of other people. It started getting frustrating to the point where I don't want to do business with them anymore. I still haven't gotten a refund or replacement for both my orders and I don't know what to do because I need my money back.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Bought a winter coat for our child. Size was much bigger than tagged. And way too puffy, so couldn’t be used in car seat. Brought to store to return less than a week later. Was told by clerk the coat was on sale, so, although we paid $80, we would only receive a $45 refund. This is robbery. Asked for manager. Manager Rudely said “do you want to the money or not”? Decided to keep the coat and donate it. Will never shop at this store again. If this store ever comes up in conversation I will tell this story. I will tell this story every time I hear a retail nightmare mentioned. How Rude!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2021

I placed a 22 item order that was split into 4 different orders on the 5th of October and to date I have received 4 pieces. That do not even match, My daughter has picture day coming up at school and we have NOTHING to wear. Thanks to the lies told by this company in reference to delivery date. Customer Service could care less and I have made several calls concerned about my order and they could absolutely care less. If I can not grab it from the store I will never order from this place again. Thank you for ruining my daughters Pre-K Picture Day. :(

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I made a purchase at the mall at the Children's Place & they offered the credit card and blah blah, so she said, "The good thing is you don't need your sales receipt if you need to return when you use your card. I said, "Yes I love that stores do this. It makes it so much easier." So I got the card, even paid it off at that same day, I talked with her saying, "I'm not sure if the clothes will be needed. We think there's a dress code but they aren't sure at the moment." So she said, "If you are going to pay it off & think you will be returning things it will only place your account in a credit of the amount." I said, "I know I love seeing that makes me feel like I have extra money laying around." So that's when she said it about the sales receipt.

But anyway I went to the store without the sales receipt. It was hectic in the store the day that I purchased this stuff. As all back to school parents I'm sure understand my frustration haha. But I went yesterday and they said they can't just run the card for the return. I said, "What do you mean all stores do it," & the lady and I talked about this the day I got the card & made the purchase. She said she doesn't know who told me this but it's not true, so I went on email 3 check for the emailed information that I got that they got my email address for. And I can't find it, she gave me a number and I called it right there in the store.

Meanwhile one of my kids is spinning in circles, the other holding himself cause he has to use the bathroom, the # she gave me was useless, so I tried to call the number on the back of the card & it buzzed in my ear (not like a fax just a strange noise). I said I need to go take the kids to the bathroom and I will be back, well the boy wet his pants on the way so I was all around frustrated.

I got on Google to see who do I call. There's even a spot that you can click for your receipts & I clicked it thinking omg was it this easy? Well it definitely wasn't. So I sat in the family bathroom trying to reach someone to help me with this & got put on hold switched to a different person a few times because they couldn't help me, & turned out once I got to hopefully is the right person they was closed. So today should be such a joy when I go back into the store this time after kids are in school.

I am going to try another store because they definitely wasn't trying to work, the only reason the lady did come to the register was because the girl on register was training and needed help. There were two other store workers standing there chit-chatting about when they went out over the weekend, so when she came up to help the girl she said, "I can help you over here." I thought well damn it's about time, because I was standing there for almost 20 minutes waiting. I wasn't trying to be rude. I could tell the girl was new but I also couldn't understand why two people were standing there just talking while there was a line building up. And then come to find out there's somebody in the back office as well. So I will never return to that store and if I could not get any help with this today they can keep their credit card and shove it up their **. I might just be one person but I hope this helps somebody in my forever rant...

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

So I ordered from Children's Place 250$ worth of clothes for my baby sister, they said they delivered the packages and I never received it. After calling them and OnTrac they still are telling me they can’t replace my stuff. I told them I have cameras and no one came to deliver my things and they still didn’t do anything… at this point I’m seeking legal counsel because this is crazy. I work hard for my money for them to not try to make things right when I never received what I purchased!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

I placed an order 3 weeks ago. Tracked it down. Says package damaged in delivery. TCP never called to tell me or send me a new package. I had to call them and even after calling them AND speaking to a supervisor, they refused to send me a new package. How does this make any sense at all?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

If your package got lost - they won't do anything. No one ever will reply to you via email or update on the status of the ticket. Calling won't do anything, after an hour on hold, they said that there is nothing they can do.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

I order online and when selecting shipping to come earlier it said it would be here by Tuesday 8/17/2021 but now is Wednesday and still have not received it. I would have not wasted $20 on getting my shipment early if it would have came later than the date that was given. They give false dates online and will do nothing to make up for their mess up. I never Had a problem with ordering online through Children’s Place and I have never rushed an order But the first time I do and it was not worth it I had to go buy other uniform elsewhere and now at losing out on $20 when it was not rushed. Depending on ever ordering from children’s place online maybe will start shopping locally when my needs will be met. I spend a lot of money with children’s place and also refer a lot of people to shop here and now I will not be doing that. It is much easier In person and the customer service is better in person than on the phone trying to fix this issue.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2021

Ordered online from them. One part of my order is to be delivered by Lasership (the carrier nor The Children's Place knows where my order is at) and I have one polo being delivered by UPS. Makes no sense. Now I am being told they have 7-10 business days to process my order. Will never buy from them again.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I was purchasing school uniforms for my kids but they promised a 30% discount on an order, the literally said price 100 with the credit card 70 but clearly is a fraud. They did charge me the whole amount, only gave me 1000 and my credit score went down, what a bad decision trust this company.

The Children's Place Company Information