1.29/5
Based on 140 reviews that contain star ratings

144 Kumho Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I purchased 4 new Kumho Solus TA31 in April 2018. Today, August 1, 2018, the sidewall blew out of one as my wife and kids were traveling down a highway. These tires only have 5k miles on them. I have had good luck with Kumho before. I will never buy them again.

Original review: July 19, 2018

My Dodge Charger RT came with Kumho Ecsta P245-45-20 tires. I'd never heard of the brand but they seemed to perform just fine. A few days ago on the way home I suddenly got a low tire pressure warning from TPMS. My right front was flat. I called roadside assistance and they changed the tire with the "donut" spare. I took the tire to the local shop to get it patched. It looked like I had picked up a staple. This shop said the tire was no good. How can this be at only 5,000 miles. I went to my regular tire store and they had dismounted the tire to show me the problem. The sidewall of the tire was coming apart. So I'm stuck with the donut until payday. I knew nothing about the reviews until I looked them up but am now worried. I was going to replace just the tire but will replace both front tires with Goodyear. I'll replace the rears next month. Be careful if you have these on your vehicle.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Only drove about 150 miles on them so far. However, before purchasing them, I did do a lot of tire comparison to other top brand name tires and they appear to live up to the high marks they received.

Original review: June 24, 2018

This came as factory original equipment. Kumho seems a terrific brand. Rides smooth! Evenly, keeps pressure just fine. Have bought a new ones to replace others.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Got Kumho instead of Hankook. Discount Tires 2017 Memorial Day Special. Buy 2 get 2 plus rebate. Great Deal, spent $300 included unlimited tire rotations, road hazard, valve stems, etc...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kumho?

Original review: June 13, 2018

Loved the way the car drove with them especially in the snow. So, if it's not broke don't try to fix it. They was the original brand that came with the SUV. So, when it came time for new ones I got that brand again.

Original review: May 14, 2018

New tires 34,000 miles rotated every other oil change. When pick up bad vibration. Come to find out tire place say belt blew in tire and Kumho only wants to cover 40%. Junk tires. Do not buy. They don’t stand behind their products either. When we put 55,000 miles on my truck tires still going fine. Bad tire. Bad customer service.

Original review: April 12, 2018

My car only has 66K on it, so when I started feeling a strong vibration I just assumed that I likely need a wheel alignment or balancing (or both) after hitting a pothole or something. When I took the car to the dealership they told me the belt within 3 of my 4 tires had shifted and I needed 4 new tires. Of course, I was extremely skeptical that this could possibly happen in 3 tires, what are the odds right? I have an invoice from the shop to prove this diagnosis.

So being skeptical, I took my car to a separate tire center and sure enough they verified the issue. I have never heard of this happening before to any other kind of tire. This is not only extremely disappointing and costly (I need new tires now), it's flat-out dangerous. What could have happened to those tires on the highway?? I can guarantee I will never purchase Kumho tires again. They are like a ticking time bomb. Absolutely insane.

Original review: March 8, 2018

I bought a 2018 KIA Sorento two weeks ago and today complained to the dealership that the ride is rough and wheel noise is loud. The manager informed me that KIA puts cheap tires on their cars and when I buy new tires I will see a big difference. I paid a lot of money for this car and am afraid to transport my grandchildren in this car after reading the tire reviews.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

So got a brand new 2016 Kia Soul with Kumho tires. Worst tires I've ever seen. After about 9000 miles was informed that my tires needed to be replace. What the hell? So they told me, "You have a little time." Went on about 8 months only driving within the city limits. Got to about 19000 miles. I walked outside and the tires caught my eyes. Pieces of the tires are falling out. Told my husband I'm so uneasy driving the kids around on these tires so we went ahead and changed the tires.

Called Kia to complain about the tires. They informed me that I needed to call Kumho. I did. They didn't even want to hear it. I was informed that for them to even talk to me about the tires I needed to have the tires because it's like any other warranty, you need to have the item. So I guess after getting new tires I was suppose to have the tire shop put the tires in the back of my Kia Soul and have it so they can examine said tires. Or wait put my kids, myself and my husband life at risk until they can tell me where to take the car to get tires replaced. I have pics of what the tires looked like but that's not enough. If you're buying a new car and it had Kumho tires please ask the dealer to replace those because you could die driving on those no good tires.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

I have a 2015 Dodge Durango, purchased brand new. The two rear tires are completely bald, (center of tires), at 23k miles. I took my vehicle to my local Dodge dealership and was told they have nothing to do with the tires, and to contact Kumho. It took me a few weeks to finally get a live person on the phone with Kumho, (I also emailed customer service and was never responded to). The girl I spoke to from Kumho told me that they do not offer a warranty on their tires once they are sold to dealerships (???). I had a tire shop look up my tires and these tires are supposed to have a 60k mile warranty. I am losing air in all four tires daily, and constantly having to put air in them. Kumho has HORRIBLE customer service and does not care about the safety of their customers.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I purchased two sets of Kumho tires from tirebuyer.com. One set for my son's car 225 45 17 1 set for my car 215 45-17. Both sets have worn out with less than 20,000 miles on them. I hope this message will get out to everybody. Do not purchase tires from this company. You will regret it. 50,000 mile warranty...what a joke!!!!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

I bought four all terrain tires. Had two blowouts at the same time! Sidewalls failed. No punctures. Spare no good (only had one). Miles from nearest town. Huge difficulty getting repairs-had to buy two new tires. Warranty nonexistent. No consideration. Tires? Less than 3000 miles!!! Talked to customer relations. Can't speak good English. Says nothing. Does nothing. Gives nothing. Won't even provide contact information on those who CAN speak English or do something. A human wall. Kumho will fail. They have to. This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. And I am 70.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Bought a 2016 Grand Caravan in 2017. Came with Solus KH16 (225/65r17) tires. The amount of slipping and in place wheel spin upon acceleration, I thought I had bald tires... I was SURE. Never looked. Just went to buy new tires online and wanted to confirm everything, checked the treadwear...they are like new! THEY ARE JUST CRAPPY TIRES! NEVER BUY THESE! I need to keep these off the market so no one resells, so probably will paint them or something.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

On the 20/03/15 I purchased 4 new Kumho 255/65R16 KL51109H tyres for my Hyundai Terracan. On the 18/08/17 during a trip from Hervey Bay to Brisbane I felt a vibration in the steering that was very noticeable between 80 and 100 KLMS, so at first chance I had a balance check done at Bob Janes. Note I had only a couple of months ago I had a balance check and wheel align done. The result was that Bob Janes tyre technician informed me that one of the tyres had tread separation that caused the vibration, and recommended I replace all 4 tyres, so I did.

When I got home I checked the mileage to see how many Klms the tyres had done and I was shocked that they had only lasted for just over 36,000 Klms over a short 2 years, so I called Rock Bottom Tyres at Pialba QLD 4655 and told them what happened and they agreed that the tyres were no good therefore they were no longer selling them. I hope by my writing this review I can prevent someone else from having such a disappointing experience as I have had with purchasing Kumho tyres as well. I feel lucky they didn't blow out completely when I was driving on the highway as I have read has happened in other reviews.

Original review: July 18, 2017

Friday brought my 2016 Kia Sportage with 19k on the clock into service department. Low pressure light was illuminating and yes a nail was in the right rear tire center. Come Monday light illuminated again and yes nail was in the left front exterior wall so it could not take a patch. The Kia is AWD so one tire replacement was not going to be an option. Needed all four tires replaced. So I have a near new vehicle with tires that are supposed to last 60k and find myself replacing them at 19k to the cost of just under $1000.00. I strongly recommend not purchasing Kumho tires. If you have the option to upgrade to a better tire at time of purchase do so. I was not offered this option through the Kia dealership at time of purchase. I have not replaced my tires with Kumho tires as I feel they are very cheaply made and feel Kia should be providing a more durable, reliable and safer tire.

Original review: May 28, 2017

I put a set of 4 new Kumho 245/70/16 kl 61 tyres on my Dmax when the tyres had done only 4000 ks only on bitumen. I was traveling from Bourke to Cobar on Kidman. Way about 20 ks out of Bourke the rear left hand side tyre on the inside split 2/3rds around the tyre on the side wall. Kumho just said something must come off the road and hit the tyre, I told them I was 100% sure the bitumen was clean and nothing hit the tyre. They weren't interested. I believe it was caused by separation and most other people who have seen it have said the same. The cost to me was $186 for the Kumho, $255 to replace it with a Bridgestone and a secondhand tyre to get me out of trouble. If any more of the Kumho fell apart KUMHO won't accept any liability so I will never deal with them again.

Original review: April 22, 2017

These tires come standard on the Hyundai Sonata and quite frankly that's the only thing wrong with the car. Hyundai has come a long way with the quality of their vehicles and we love the Sonata, but they have to do a better job outfitting their vehicles with tires. These are total crap and are basically 30,000 mile tires. We have just over 30,000 right now and the tires are spent. I rotated these tires every other oil change (roughly every 7,000 miles) and they wore evenly, but they're WORN OUT!! Gave an OK ride when new they were quiet and comfortable but that changed quickly. They aren't worth the money get something else.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I recently leased a car at McCafferty Auto Group in PA. After 2 months, on my way to work, I had a blowout. Lo and behold, no spare kit in car. No longer option now. You just get repair kit with Fix a Flat. Would have been nice if someone told us that. Well that doesn't fix a blowout. Had Kumho tires on the car, after being TOWED, yes TOWED for a flat tire, to the nearest Kia dealer, I had to pay for the new tire and was told to call Kumho to request a refund. Tires were 2 months old, not even 4000 miles on the car, I was told I only need pictures of the tire not actual tire. Kumho is not processing claim because I did not keep the physical tire (dealership advised not necessary). In any event, the representative from Kumho was curt and not very accommodating. I've thrown away better tires than this... absolute shame.

Original review: April 6, 2017

The tread on my Kumho tire separated while I was on the freeway going to work. The tires aren't very old. I definitely wasn't close to hitting the 33,000 miles of life on the tire. Not only did I have to replace the tire but it did considerable damage to my car. DON'T buy Kumho tires. Something is seriously wrong with them.

Original review: March 27, 2017

I have a 2015 Dodge Dart SXT. I got the car brand new and out of the blue it car started shaking a bit a few months ago. So I went to the car wash Friday March 24, 2017 and the man that was drying off my car told me that I had a bubble in my tire on the driver's side front tire. I didn't think much of it until this morning after I dropped my boyfriend off at work. I was on my way to work and tons of cars were pulling up next to me saying that my tire was really huge. I made it back to my house instead of trying to make it to work. I got in the house and heard a loud bang. I went outside and looked. The tire had exploded and left a huge hole in the tire. I just got the tire fixed and I had the shop to put the exploded tire in the trunk of my car. I had never, ever seen a tire just inflate on its own then have it exploded. Very, very terrifying experience.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2017

I had a pair of Kumho tyres fitted to my Mondeo not too long ago. One tyre I managed to get a small slow puncture due to a screw embedded. So took to garage for puncture repair and the mechanic said, "Are you getting any vibration?" I said, "Funny you should say that I am getting like a wheel bearing noise from the rear of the car, and thought I might have my wheel bearings changed." He said, "Don't bother. It is the tyres having cupping i.e. uneven tread every other segment!" The tread over the whole tyre was almost new. I have two rear tyres like this. Very annoyed. Rubbish tyres and not particularly cheap either. Will never purchase these tyres again.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

Dont make it to half of 60k miles. Original set bald at 34k on 2015 Chrysler 200. New pair on in Nov 16, 2nd set in Dec 16. Nov set has so little tread. Discount Tire said in a month they wouldn't patch them. I have 40900. So 7k miles and they are at 4/32 and I blew money on an alignment that had zero correction. $534 a set isn't expensive but is money thrown away. Do not buy them. Get Pirelli or Michelin.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

Tire tread wear index balance between wear and performance; the level of r&d is worth complimenting. I've run various brands over the years and then I found Kumho. I own 9 vehicles Of various makes and models through various climates and am most impressed especially with their performance tires w/ silicone blend... just awesome. Best grip and wear I've ever found and I grew up around racing. I've had them stick enough to have saved my life from being t-boned by a big rig when I know from exp. other brands would not have. Bang for the buck... very fair and I also appreciate that fairness.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2017

For starters, I have a new 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid with just 5,500 miles. The mechanic servicing my vehicle rolled out the tire and privately said, "Man! This tire has more ** than a dog." While crude, I definitely understood his point. He pointed out the 4-5 bubbles lining the inside of the tire. It's important to note the bubbles were spread across the entire inside sidewall, and not in an isolated spot... Since this a new car, I plan to purchase 4 new tires once I can drain the mileage out of these worthless tires.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I had these on my Santa Fe. They were factory tires for the Santa Fe. At 55000 kms (35000 miles) my vehicle started shaking/wobbling. I had just had a wheel alignment check which was good and a tire rotation. All smooth driving. After replacing the tires you can see wires coming out in one particular spot on each of the tires. All around the radius is mostly fine except one spot on each one. In that spot it is worn with wires coming out. Bad craftsmanship. Scary driving my 3 kids with tires like these. I will never buy a car I really like if it has Kumho tires on it.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2017

I have a 2016 lease that I have not even had for a year yet. When I got it, had 8 miles on the truck. In October my tire light went on. I added air and the light. Wouldn't go out. Brought it to Sullivan tire, they said it had a nail in it and I had to replace it, so I did for the first time ever in my life replaced a brand new tire, with a brand new one. Well now it's Jan, and oh again my tire light came on and came out of work with a flat tire, now the front passenger, as I just replaced the back passenger tire. Guess what! Oh another tire replacement in 4 months. Um I drive to work and back. I first thought maybe Sullivan tire was running a scam on me until I start looking into the tires, which I see are through the roof of problems like this.

My truck is new and to replace two tires is friggin absolutely crazy! And I wondered why KIA was pushing me to buy the warranty to replace the tires, that I didn't purchase because I have never in my life ever had to replace a tire on any vehicle I owned that's new! Never even had a tire problem before this, and now 2 replacements in 4 months! Clearly KIA knows all about this problem and still sells vehicles with these unreliable crappy tires!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

First of all, I'd like to start out by saying that I will NEVER even think of buying Kumho Solus tires again! I've been through two sets in barely 3 years. I was told they were rated for at least 60,000 miles but I've only been able to get half of that with both sets. They slip/slide all over the road when it rains at only 30,000 miles. Very, very disappointed with this brand of tire and again, I will never even think of buying a Kumho Solus tire again!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

Poor driving performance after 36,000 miles on Kumho OEM tires on Ford's new flagship 2015 F-150 Platinum truck. We have had numerous issues with traction in wet weather as well as varied terrain since acquiring this vehicle. We took it to the dealer and our local tire dealer with whom we have had 15 year relationship. We were advised that the Kumho tires were new to the US market, though Ford worked with Kumho to tune the tire for this truck. If that's the case, there were multiple errors made in the design process. We find the tires to be very unstable in wet driving conditions as well as having poor traction on unpaved roads, e.g., chip and seal, under any conditions.

We have tried adjusting the amount of air in the tires, including using nitrogen instead of air and nothing has improved performance. We are going to replace these tires due to safety-related concerns. It is unacceptable that Kumho won't stand behind their warranty. Furthermore, what was Ford thinking? After spending hundreds of millions on R&D for the all new aluminum body truck, they put unsafe and defective tires on their vehicle from a manufacturer with at best a 'checkered past.' In this price range, it is absolutely unacceptable that after 36,000 miles we are having to replace the tires on this truck. This will in all likelihood be our last Ford truck after 30 years. Too many gremlins and cut-corners it seems.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

Bought x4 new tires in August of 2016 from my local tire shop. A few days ago I walked outside to a flat tire. I sprayed my tire with soapy water and couldn't find a leak. Sprayed it on the side wall and found a leak coming out of one of the creases. I took the tire to get it replaced and they did not honor the defect. Neither did the Kumho dealer they purchased it from, and neither did Kumho tire. I basically bought x4 new tires and one only last x2 months and that's it. Contact Kumho Warranty Dept. and although she was kind and sweet she still did not warranty my faulty tire they produced. I'm out of pocket the cost of a tire and would never buy another item with their name on it. Lucky for them they get 1 star because 0 stars is not available on here. Happy Consumer.

Kumho Company Information