3.6/5 (112 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Kumho Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kumho?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kumho?

Original review: April 24, 2022

I changed tires on my 2011 Nissan Rogue at 66382 miles in January 2021. By April 2022 I noticed a distinct sound while driving and the noise was most audible between 40 to 55 miles an hour. I was concerned that the CVT transmission was failing or a wheel bearing was broken. Fearing the worst I took the car to my mechanic and I was surprised when he said that the noise was from "tire cupping". The suspension was fine. Brakes and rotors were also newly installed a year ago. So I went to google and lo and behold Kumho tires have an issue of tire cupping. Worse. There are several reviews of tire blowouts. DON'T BUY THESE TIRES - THEY ARE POOR QUALITY. The previous tires I had were Falken tires and although they are not as good as some renowned tire brands they lasted 50000 miles compared to the crappy Kumho tires. I just ordered Michelin tires. Lesson learned!

Original review: April 14, 2022

Had to replace my tires @ 35k miles, they were original equipment on my 2019 Kia Sorento, received the run around from this company, they do not stand by their product, I will make sure everyone I know will be made aware. Between phone calls, emails, telling me to bring my tires to the dealership that is a half hour away, wasted hours of my time and gas. You have been warned.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Poor quality of a tire. Bought a minivan with these tires. Within 6 months 2 tires blew out and broken belts in others. I would not recommend these tires unless you want to be stranded along road. Be wise.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

This tire is excellent. Very good on wet and snow roads. Very quiet on both interstate and city roads. Installed on 09 Acura TL. Very durable, did not have to replaced for three and a half years. Definitely recommended.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Highly rated, sturdy and reasonable price. 20" wheels, SUV is very heavy. Track right, drive and handle well. This company has been in the tire business a long time. Just don't spend a lot on general advertising. Insiders know about them.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I bought a brand new 2020 Hyundai Elantra 10 months ago that comes with Kumho R1691H. I just drove for about 5000 miles and I already had a flat tire because the tire was broke. It is a very disappointing that Kumho tire has a very bad quality and cost me around $160 to replace with a new tire. Not recommend at all.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I did notice that the ones I replaced were worn badly and quickly too... I think I made a mistake by buying Kumho. Just hoping these ones might last me at least 45k. But looking at the reviews, it doesn't look like it will happen.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Purchased a Honda Pilot, equipped with Kuhmo Solus KR21, never heard of the brand but figured if Honda dealer had them on the car they should be good. Had them inspected, went on a road trip. Maybe 400 miles into the trip heard a weird thumping but the tire indicator did not alert tire issue but I figure exit at the next chance and lucky I pulled to the local lane when boom, did 2 360 spins and crashed into a guard rail. Everyone shaken up, my back driver side tire literally came apart. Never seen anything like it ever. Wouldn't give these tires to my worst enemy. Do not put these tires on your vehicle. They should be banned from the highway.

Original review: April 5, 2020

Got a bad set of Kumho tires on my new Hyundai Santa Sport. Road noise and poor handling at freeway speeds. Absolutely no help from manufacturer or Hyundai. So l have new car that sounds like knobby loud 4 wheel drive mud truck. Warning to be wise get writing in hand on new vehicle Kumho tires from the dealership before you take delivery. Kumho is not going to Help you & Hyundai won't lift a finger claiming it's a tire manufacturers problem. I rotated rotated & even realigned my new car out of my pocket. Whomp whomp whomp lol. LOL.

Original review: March 1, 2020

I purchased a new set of Kumho tires May 2018. With less than 40000 miles I’ve had to purchase a new set. Obviously not Kumho. One tire the tread has worn all the way through the steel belt. I was told it’s a miracle I didn’t have a blow out before I got to the dealership for new tires. Never again!

Kumho Company Information