2.8/5 (397 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Kumho Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kumho?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kumho?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

We had a weird grinding sound on turns. My mechanic did the research and were told to check the circumference of the KUMHO tires and found one was smaller than the other three. It was then that the belief it was the viscous coupler going bad. They had to then get new tires (per warranty) and change out the viscous coupler and put the new tires on and then check the rolling circumference again to make sure these tires were in fact the same size. Once that was repaired it was driven to check and the vibration felt on turns was fixed. And no, the mechanic never said outright that the tires were the problem, but I can read between the lines...

Why would the tires need to be replaced per warranty unless one being a different size can cause damage to the car? So I did some digging and found that having a tire different in size can actually harm all sorts of things within the AWD system. And for us that was the viscous coupler. Now, the company is giving me the run around. 'Send us the tires for us to check'... When they ever replace tires per warranty they have to be sent back and the person knew that. They were already sent... How am I suppose to send them twice?

Original review: April 24, 2022

I changed tires on my 2011 Nissan Rogue at 66382 miles in January 2021. By April 2022 I noticed a distinct sound while driving and the noise was most audible between 40 to 55 miles an hour. I was concerned that the CVT transmission was failing or a wheel bearing was broken. Fearing the worst I took the car to my mechanic and I was surprised when he said that the noise was from "tire cupping". The suspension was fine. Brakes and rotors were also newly installed a year ago. So I went to google and lo and behold Kumho tires have an issue of tire cupping. Worse. There are several reviews of tire blowouts. DON'T BUY THESE TIRES - THEY ARE POOR QUALITY. The previous tires I had were Falken tires and although they are not as good as some renowned tire brands they lasted 50000 miles compared to the crappy Kumho tires. I just ordered Michelin tires. Lesson learned!

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2022

Had to replace my tires @ 35k miles, they were original equipment on my 2019 Kia Sorento, received the run around from this company, they do not stand by their product, I will make sure everyone I know will be made aware. Between phone calls, emails, telling me to bring my tires to the dealership that is a half hour away, wasted hours of my time and gas. You have been warned.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

Poor quality of a tire. Bought a minivan with these tires. Within 6 months 2 tires blew out and broken belts in others. I would not recommend these tires unless you want to be stranded along road. Be wise.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

This tire is excellent. Very good on wet and snow roads. Very quiet on both interstate and city roads. Installed on 09 Acura TL. Very durable, did not have to replaced for three and a half years. Definitely recommended.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

Highly rated, sturdy and reasonable price. 20" wheels, SUV is very heavy. Track right, drive and handle well. This company has been in the tire business a long time. Just don't spend a lot on general advertising. Insiders know about them.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I bought a brand new 2020 Hyundai Elantra 10 months ago that comes with Kumho R1691H. I just drove for about 5000 miles and I already had a flat tire because the tire was broke. It is a very disappointing that Kumho tire has a very bad quality and cost me around $160 to replace with a new tire. Not recommend at all.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I did notice that the ones I replaced were worn badly and quickly too... I think I made a mistake by buying Kumho. Just hoping these ones might last me at least 45k. But looking at the reviews, it doesn't look like it will happen.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Purchased a Honda Pilot, equipped with Kuhmo Solus KR21, never heard of the brand but figured if Honda dealer had them on the car they should be good. Had them inspected, went on a road trip. Maybe 400 miles into the trip heard a weird thumping but the tire indicator did not alert tire issue but I figure exit at the next chance and lucky I pulled to the local lane when boom, did 2 360 spins and crashed into a guard rail. Everyone shaken up, my back driver side tire literally came apart. Never seen anything like it ever. Wouldn't give these tires to my worst enemy. Do not put these tires on your vehicle. They should be banned from the highway.

Original review: April 5, 2020

Got a bad set of Kumho tires on my new Hyundai Santa Sport. Road noise and poor handling at freeway speeds. Absolutely no help from manufacturer or Hyundai. So l have new car that sounds like knobby loud 4 wheel drive mud truck. Warning to be wise get writing in hand on new vehicle Kumho tires from the dealership before you take delivery. Kumho is not going to Help you & Hyundai won't lift a finger claiming it's a tire manufacturers problem. I rotated rotated & even realigned my new car out of my pocket. Whomp whomp whomp lol. LOL.

Kumho Company Information