Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
  2. Automotive
  3. Tires

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.93/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Hankook Tire Reviews

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

My wife & I brought our new Hyundai Sonata with only 14,000 miles into service dept. at Hyundai to inspect tires & brakes & oil change before leaving on our long trip to Miami vacation. Everything checked out ok!! We drove 2/3 of way on I-75 highway & stopped for gas before the long 100-mile alligator alley ride to Miami. About halfway across, we noticed a thumping sound & our car started "pulling to the right". We thought it was a flat tire & stopped at the next rest area to inspect tires & proper PSI inflation. All tires checked out ok?? There was no "warning lights on " so we got back onto I-75 & we really got nervous as the shaking really got worse as we drove on. We had to slow down to 40 m.p.h. on highway with flashers on. We called roadside assistance for directions to nearest Hyundai dealership.

We slowly made it to Rick Case Hyundai who inspected our car & were "shockingly told that the (2) right side tires experienced "belt separations " & had to be replaced immediately with a new wheel alignment (over $ 500). The tech asked if we had hit something? We said "absolutely not" -we replied!! Wow sounds like a two manufacturer defect tires then! Well why are you charging me over $500 with only 14k miles & never had a flat? This is not right as this Hyundai dealer should have prorated these as manufacturer defective tires!!

We had to keep the tires & carry them back (2) tires to our local hyundai service dept & try to get reimbursed by Hankook who said it can take up to 90 days to inspect & evaluate the (2) tires!! This is a "serious safety issue " with these tires as we have read all the complaints about these model tires. We chose to buy (2) Goodyear replacement tires ... All your thoughts are appreciated .. Thank God we just made it home safe!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I did not even get 30,000 miles out of my tires! Worst of all Hankook does not stand behind their warranty. I was told today that because I couldn't show my last tire rotation my warranty was void. However all my other tire rotations are in the computer (NTB Athens Ga). Maybe I had to go somewhere different to get an oil change/ tire rotation last time. No I didn't carry the receipt into NTB with me. I shouldn't have to! Come on! Less than 30k!! STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT!!! HORRIBLE TIRES AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Most tire companies bend over backwards for their customers. Hankook can't even honor a warranty of 100,000 mile tires when I got less than 30,000 out of them! The one star is only because I had to out at least one!!

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

Our 2017 CRV car with 70k mile Hankook tires. They lasted 22k miles. We put on the same tires and these ones lasted 32k miles. Hankook refuses any compensation for tires that obviously wear much sooner than their advertised miles. We were trying to support local business since Hankook has a plant here in Clarksville TN but we will NEVER put another Hankook product on any of the four cars in our household. Shame on you, Hankook, for not standing by your product guarantee.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Just finished 1 year (15,000km check) with only 13,400 Km on my 2018 Tiguan VW R line. "SIR YOUR TIRES Are Toast and need immediate replacement!" Stay away from any new cars with these tires. Where is the corporate VW liability for even thinking they can put a tire (one of the most important safety items on a vehicle) on the road knowing it is outright crap. They are enablers and party to any death or injuries as result of allowing their vehicles to leave the factory with DEATH TIRES! VW has spend millions trying to rebrand themselves over the TDI issues and then knowingly put low quality crap tires on brand new vehicles? Corporate profits and bonuses over customer service and responsibility.

In my over 50 plus years driving and owning automobiles I have never experienced such a low quality, resulting in low safety brand of tire as HANKOOK! Demand that any car manufacture that tries to sell you a new auto with this junk attached replace them as part of the sales purchase. If not it is proof they are willing to trade your or your families lives for the almighty buck$$$$! Look at warranty before you buy. But trust me "limited" warranty once reading the Non adjustments conditions means absolutely NO WARRANTY! Should read, "SUCKERS. You just bought our crap tire warranty. See you in less than 15,000 KM."

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

My 2018 Honda CR-V came with Hankook Kinergy tires. They were supposed to be good for up to 70,000 miles, but shortly after the year long tire warranty expired, with only 24,000 miles, I was told that there was not enough tread left on the tires, and I needed new ones. Tire warranty is separate from car warranty. Honda should not be equipping new cars with these tires. When I called Honda headquarters to complain, they said it was up to the dealership to decide what tires to put on, so be warned that dealerships are not equipping their new cars with the best tires.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hankook Tire?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I have a 2017 Honda CRV that came with these tires at 20,000 miles I had a blow ou and there was excessive wear on the other back tire. Bought 2 new tires. Now at 35,000 miles and other blow out in a Hankook tire. I will never buy these tires again! I have been driving for over 50 years and never had a tire blow out. Now I have had 2 in one year. These are BAD tires.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

My brand new 2017 Ford Explorer came with Hankook tires on it. During a routine oil change I was told that my car would need new tires ASAP! I was informed by Ford that day that Hankook released a bad batch of tires and that they would assist with financial assistance for a new set. At 30,031 miles I was told by Hankook that they would not assist in purchase or provide any support for new tires, because my car was over their 30,000 mile limit. 31 miles over....not a happy customer! I was not looking for a new set of tires, I was looking for respect and a little assistance due to their bad error and never informing their customers of their mistake.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I have bought 4 Winter tires of Hankook company a year ago in October 2018 with a $60 mail-in rebate. Hankook has no respect for the customer and their time. It has been a year wasting hours on telephone lines (855.242.1199, 888.371.2109, 833.835.5039) and chats, they just verify your address and pass it on to another phone line with loud music. I think, they have no intention to send rebates.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

If you ever drive in the rain, do not buy these tires. There is no traction in the rain while accelerating, cornering or braking. They came on my new Equinox and had I known how bad they were I would have bought a different car.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

4 tires were installed. Gas mileage started down immediately. Car has 40,000 miles and runs perfect till now. Mileage was down the very first tank full. My car keeps tract so it's easy to see the drop-off.

Hankook Tire Company Information