Find a Tires partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Hankook Tire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hankook Tire?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hankook Tire?

Original review: June 28, 2021

Bought brand new Nissan Rogue 2019. Only has 33,000 miles on tires. Nissan has serviced vehicle since purchase. Now I have to replace all 4 tires because tread wear. Tires wear is not covered from manufacture or from Nissan. Do not put yourself or your family in danger riding on these tires! Lesson learned just because you bought a new vehicle doesn’t mean you have good tires.

Original review: June 27, 2021

I received my rebate card in the mail, it was suppose to be for $60. The first time I try to use it has $13.62 on the card. When I called the # on the card they tell me I have transactions on the card. I ask to dispute charges. Now I get an email with a form to fill out about the charges that I have no idea where or what they are. I can not access the information on the card because they have turned it off. Anybody that had access to the card number had to be before it was mailed to me. I would like to have my rebate and warn all about Hankook's rebates

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2021

Had these on our 2018 Accord EXL. At 48,000 miles 2 of 4 had large bulges in the sidewall. This is no 70,000 mile oem tire. Shame on you Honda for moving to this tire. We've purchased 6 new Accords since 1986 all with Michilens and never had a problem or premature wear.

Original review: March 31, 2021

Just got back from Honda Dealership in Raleigh, North Carolina from having service performed on a 2020 Honda CR-V. This makes the second service that I’ve had with them. The mechanic told me that the tires are wearing excessively and that I would need to have them replaced on the next service. The vehicle and tires only have 15000 miles on them as this is a new vehicle. To have them replaced this early is unthinkable. Awaiting to hear back from Hankook Tire to see if anything can be done.

Original review: March 18, 2021

I purchased Hankook tires Kinergy ST H735, which had a 70,000 mile warranty. Recently I had my vehicle serviced and was told my tire wear was substantial and they recommended replacement. Since I only had 25,000 on these tires they suggested I call Hankook, discuss this and request some rebate on the tires I had planned to buy. I called, they contacted the service center, confirmed everything and gave me a case number. They offered 58% rebate on 2 of the tires and 48% on the other two, which I agreed to.

A month later I began this process again as my sister was diagnosed with Covid, I interacted with her and it took 5 weeks for her to get better and for me to get out of quarantine. Hankook told me that they would not offer any rebate because I had not rotated my tires once in the sequence of doing so every 5K miles. Though I attempted to appeal and the service center pushed back on them they would not honor their initial rebate offer. I am dissatisfied that these tires only last 25K miles and very disappointed that they would not honor their commitment (they had the same info the first time we went through this process) and very disappointed in their support of me, a customer who had spent $700 for their tires. I am getting new tires put on this Monday but I am buying another brand of tire. Hankook lost me as a customer.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2021

Hello, I purchased Hankook tires last August 2020 for my Honda Accord Coupe. Now I have had to replace the left front Hankook tire due to a bubble appearing in the tire wall. This has happened with a previous tire which I also had to replace for this same reason. The dealership says it's due to the driver hitting potholes and curbs. But, with the coronavirus pandemic and being home most of the time, I have been driving very little in 2020 and 2021. Do your research before buying Hankook tires, a South Korean company. The initial tire cost is low compared to competitors, like Michelin Tires, but it can end up costing you more in the long term. I hope this review helps prospective tire buyers.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I logged in to see reviews on a tire that I'm impressed with to only see numerous complaints regarding this brand of tires. I was literally about to purchase them again--but will consider myself blessed to have dodged a bullet. The roads in NY are the worse--highway or city streets and potholes abound. I just went to the Honda Dealer for an oil change and they tapped off all fluids and supposedly did an inspection. However, I got home and was later looking at my tires and saw a nail sticking out of the front tire. I can't explain how the nail got imbedded to the point that the end of it is sticking out. I have felt no problems with this tire.

We had snow recently and no issues. I'm replacing all tires tomorrow just because--when you do one do them all. However, I really wanted to purchase this brand Hankook Road Handler because it has been good to me and my 2007 Honda CRV. Unfortunately, reading your comments give me pause so I'll just switch to Good Year. Thanks for giving your honest feedback--the life you saved could have been mine.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

On November 3, 2020, I went to my Orlando VW dealership after having noticed that the front two tires on my 2019 VW Tiguan R-Type were worn very low. I only have 13,980 Miles on my car which is riding on original equipment installed from the factory. The dealership states that they are worn to the point that they need to be replaced. They also stated that there is no evidence of alignment issues as they are worn perfectly even across the width of the tire. Clearly, there is an issue as these tires cannot possibly meet the standard for durability and safety after just 13,980 miles. Their posted life estimate is 40,000 miles. Now I have to purchase brand new tires after just 13,980 miles. Poor quality and not safe!

Original review: July 20, 2020

I have a 2003 Sl500 Mercedes Roadster,,Came with Michelin run flats..I replaced with Hankook tires and now it rides like a luxury car! Couldnt be happier! Quiet, great handling tires! Will buy again..luv

Original review: June 14, 2020

I purchased a new 2018 Nissan Frontier on 6/20/18, the truck came with Hankook dynapro HT from the factory, after 1200 miles I could not keep tires balanced, they have leaked all nitrogen, DO NOT buy.

Hankook Tire Company Information