Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

7 Hankook Tire Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I drive a 1993 Geo Tracker, four and a half years ago I put four new Hankook Optimo all season tires on it. I have never had such good traction in snow or rain. They wear like iron and ride good. Two months ago I decided it was time for new tires, went to the same shop but they didn't have the Hankooks, and the tire manager sold me on some Customs (that is a brand name), 145 tires they claimed were just as good and $15.00 less per tire than I had paid four years ago. Well, after two months and the first snow I am looking for Hankook tires again, will change these out and never buy anything but Hankook again.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

These tires came on brand new 2018 Honda CR-V. I have had them rotated and balanced at each service, inflated properly. Now at 27,000 miles they show “abnormal wear” on 2 of them and have to be replaced. Hankook customer service offered discount on 2 new tires but I still have to BUY 2 new tires. At this low mileage, they should have proactively been replaced at no charge. After all, there was absolutely nothing wrong on my car to cause this wear and no erratic driving behavior that accelerated wear. Something defective in the production of these tires and I get to pay for that. Probably would not go with Hankook again basically because they didn’t own this problem themselves but put it on the unsuspecting customer.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Live on gravel roads and they stand up well to gravel with the rubber compounds they use. I have them on my Rav4 and they are pretty quiet as well good in snow.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Love the tires - grab enough to make the ride fun without plowing or skidding. Ride is quiet and smooth - will stay by this brand. Best as an all weather tire too - good for snow and rain grip - with confidence.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

The Hankook Ventus Noble S1 came OEM on my Elantra Sport. They are wearing evenly after almost 20,000 miles; regular rotations; proper inflation. They're a tad bit noisy on non black-top surfaces; handle/corner well; great wet/dry traction/rolling resistance, and braking performance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hankook Tire?

Original review: July 25, 2018

One of my tires had a flat, don't know why. My mechanic recommended Hankook tires are more durable for less money. They have a 70,000 mile warranty.

Original review: July 24, 2018

The Hankook tires are a middle priced tire, good ride, traction and life. Maybe a little more slippery but that’s hard to tell with full time four wheel drive.

Hankook Tire Company Information