Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
2.04/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Hankook Tire Reviews

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Just finished 1 year (15,000km check) with only 13,400 Km on my 2018 Tiguan VW R line. "SIR YOUR TIRES Are Toast and need immediate replacement!" Stay away from any new cars with these tires. Where is the corporate VW liability for even thinking they can put a tire (one of the most important safety items on a vehicle) on the road knowing it is outright crap. They are enablers and party to any death or injuries as result of allowing their vehicles to leave the factory with DEATH TIRES! VW has spend millions trying to rebrand themselves over the TDI issues and then knowingly put low quality crap tires on brand new vehicles? Corporate profits and bonuses over customer service and responsibility.

In my over 50 plus years driving and owning automobiles I have never experienced such a low quality, resulting in low safety brand of tire as HANKOOK! Demand that any car manufacture that tries to sell you a new auto with this junk attached replace them as part of the sales purchase. If not it is proof they are willing to trade your or your families lives for the almighty buck$$$$! Look at warranty before you buy. But trust me "limited" warranty once reading the Non adjustments conditions means absolutely NO WARRANTY! Should read, "SUCKERS. You just bought our crap tire warranty. See you in less than 15,000 KM."

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

My 2018 Honda CR-V came with Hankook Kinergy tires. They were supposed to be good for up to 70,000 miles, but shortly after the year long tire warranty expired, with only 24,000 miles, I was told that there was not enough tread left on the tires, and I needed new ones. Tire warranty is separate from car warranty. Honda should not be equipping new cars with these tires. When I called Honda headquarters to complain, they said it was up to the dealership to decide what tires to put on, so be warned that dealerships are not equipping their new cars with the best tires.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I have a 2017 Honda CRV that came with these tires at 20,000 miles I had a blow ou and there was excessive wear on the other back tire. Bought 2 new tires. Now at 35,000 miles and other blow out in a Hankook tire. I will never buy these tires again! I have been driving for over 50 years and never had a tire blow out. Now I have had 2 in one year. These are BAD tires.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

My brand new 2017 Ford Explorer came with Hankook tires on it. During a routine oil change I was told that my car would need new tires ASAP! I was informed by Ford that day that Hankook released a bad batch of tires and that they would assist with financial assistance for a new set. At 30,031 miles I was told by Hankook that they would not assist in purchase or provide any support for new tires, because my car was over their 30,000 mile limit. 31 miles over....not a happy customer! I was not looking for a new set of tires, I was looking for respect and a little assistance due to their bad error and never informing their customers of their mistake.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I have bought 4 Winter tires of Hankook company a year ago in October 2018 with a $60 mail-in rebate. Hankook has no respect for the customer and their time. It has been a year wasting hours on telephone lines (855.242.1199, 888.371.2109, 833.835.5039) and chats, they just verify your address and pass it on to another phone line with loud music. I think, they have no intention to send rebates.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hankook Tire?

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

If you ever drive in the rain, do not buy these tires. There is no traction in the rain while accelerating, cornering or braking. They came on my new Equinox and had I known how bad they were I would have bought a different car.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

4 tires were installed. Gas mileage started down immediately. Car has 40,000 miles and runs perfect till now. Mileage was down the very first tank full. My car keeps tract so it's easy to see the drop-off.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I just purchased a brand new 2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid from the Capistrano Toyota in San Juan Capistrano. I mention them because they have not been helpful and have dodged responsibility as well as Hankook has. The Camry came stock with the Hankook Kinergy GT tires. I went in for the first services check at 5,000 miles and nothing was noticed in the tire rotation. right around a 1,000 miles later driving late on the 22 freeway entering the onramp to the 55 Riverside, slowing down about 45-50 miles an hour the back left tire interior wall blew out! Only 6k miles on the car, luckily there were no cars around us because we started to drift and swerve violently almost crashing into the on ramp wall. We were very lucky, my brother the passenger and I the driver that we weren't seriously injured or killed.

Now I am being pushed back and forth between the Toyota Dealership and Hankook on who should be taking care of this payment for the new tires. I'm not going to be letting them put anymore Hankook tires on my car, I will be going somewhere else to get new tires but they should help compensate the one tire that blew out after such a short amount of time and so few miles. They have not and I honestly am warning everyone who purchases any tires from this company or a car from Capistrano Toyota, if you value your life don't drive with Hankook tires on your car. I'm shocked they are allowed to get away with this, the government is supposed to look out for the consumer and protect us from faulty and dangerous products like the ones Hankook has released.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

April 2018 I purchased a set of 4 Hankook Optimo tires size P175/70R14 for my 2000 Toyota Echo with 96,873 miles on odometer. Tires came with a 70,000 mile warranty. Today, Aug. 31, 2019 with 117,400 miles on odometer I replaced these tires. Tires had been rotated and balanced at 6,000-8,000 mile intervals. At last rotation at 113,000 miles all tires had less than 2/32nds tread depth.

Original review: July 26, 2019

My 2018 Explorer XLT came with these tires 255/50R20. At 11000 miles I had to replace them. They were chunking apart. There are thousands of complaints on these tires. Why Ford still puts them on their cars is insane. I will never buy another car with these tires on them.

Hankook Tire Company Information