2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Hankook Tire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hankook Tire?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hankook Tire?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I logged in to see reviews on a tire that I'm impressed with to only see numerous complaints regarding this brand of tires. I was literally about to purchase them again--but will consider myself blessed to have dodged a bullet. The roads in NY are the worse--highway or city streets and potholes abound. I just went to the Honda Dealer for an oil change and they tapped off all fluids and supposedly did an inspection. However, I got home and was later looking at my tires and saw a nail sticking out of the front tire. I can't explain how the nail got imbedded to the point that the end of it is sticking out. I have felt no problems with this tire.

We had snow recently and no issues. I'm replacing all tires tomorrow just because--when you do one do them all. However, I really wanted to purchase this brand Hankook Road Handler because it has been good to me and my 2007 Honda CRV. Unfortunately, reading your comments give me pause so I'll just switch to Good Year. Thanks for giving your honest feedback--the life you saved could have been mine.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

On November 3, 2020, I went to my Orlando VW dealership after having noticed that the front two tires on my 2019 VW Tiguan R-Type were worn very low. I only have 13,980 Miles on my car which is riding on original equipment installed from the factory. The dealership states that they are worn to the point that they need to be replaced. They also stated that there is no evidence of alignment issues as they are worn perfectly even across the width of the tire. Clearly, there is an issue as these tires cannot possibly meet the standard for durability and safety after just 13,980 miles. Their posted life estimate is 40,000 miles. Now I have to purchase brand new tires after just 13,980 miles. Poor quality and not safe!

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 20, 2020

I have a 2003 Sl500 Mercedes Roadster,,Came with Michelin run flats..I replaced with Hankook tires and now it rides like a luxury car! Couldnt be happier! Quiet, great handling tires! Will buy again..luv

Original review: June 14, 2020

I purchased a new 2018 Nissan Frontier on 6/20/18, the truck came with Hankook dynapro HT from the factory, after 1200 miles I could not keep tires balanced, they have leaked all nitrogen, DO NOT buy.

Original review: May 19, 2020

Purchased a 2019 Ford Explorer in 2/19. I have now replaced all four Hankook tires due to cuts, holes, and shredding. One tire blew out on highway at 70 mph. Hankook refused to cover product after 8 months.

Original review: March 21, 2020

Brought an 2019 F150 platinum pickup with 15500 miles on and the tires were what they call cupping. They are 50000 miles tires. I had to buy and new set of tires. Because I was told the warranty is no good. I paid over 42 thousand dollars for this truck. And no one would honor the warranty. I had this truck for 2 months. So can someone help me understand this. Thank you.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I bought a new Hyundai Elantra with 6 miles on it in 2015. It came with Hankook tires. Around 25000 miles I was hydroplaning and I asked Walmart to look at them. They said they were too worn. I was like, they only have 25K miles on them. My mom told me that dealers sometimes sell cars with old tires on them. I wasn't sure, so I ordered the same kind. BIG MISTAKE. Since Walmart offers free rotations with your oil change if you buy the tire there I decided to keep all my oil changes and rotations there. 5K miles and my first rotation they tell me that my inner wall of the front tire is wearing funny and to get an alignment. So I go get one. Mind you, my car doesn't pull or anything.

At my next oil change, 10K into the tire, I was hydroplaning again and thinking WTF these are new tires. I had my child in the car and was terrified. I ask Walmart to check the tread depth and they tell me they are half worn! These are 60K tires, half worn at 10K miles which means I only have 10K left. They also tell me the tires that are now on the front are almost worn down to the wire on the inside. I've seen similar issues on this review thread!

I take my car to the local car place to get their opinion and they say overall my tire is too worn for 10K and I have a legitimate warranty claim. That even toeing, and camber would not cause this much wear over all! But, thing is, I don't want another set of these ** dangerous tires, I want my money back! Hankook has already had 3 class action lawsuits in the past. 2 for bad tires, and 1 for defrauding workers for over time! It's time we get together and file another one. Forget about the money, these tires are dangerous! DO NOT DRIVE ON THESE TIRES IF YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR LIFE AND MOST OF ALL THE LIFE OF THE PEOPLE IN YOUR CAR. I'M TALKING ABOUT YOUR KIDS!!!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

New 2018 Kia Forte came factory with Hankook Optimo P215/45R17 tires. Regular rotations. At 21,800 miles the tires are down to the wear bars. The dealer inspected the vehicle and it has no issues with alignment or any other problems. Do not buy these tires!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2019

My wife & I brought our new Hyundai Sonata with only 14,000 miles into service dept. at Hyundai to inspect tires & brakes & oil change before leaving on our long trip to Miami vacation. Everything checked out ok!! We drove 2/3 of way on I-75 highway & stopped for gas before the long 100-mile alligator alley ride to Miami. About halfway across, we noticed a thumping sound & our car started "pulling to the right". We thought it was a flat tire & stopped at the next rest area to inspect tires & proper PSI inflation. All tires checked out ok?? There was no "warning lights on " so we got back onto I-75 & we really got nervous as the shaking really got worse as we drove on. We had to slow down to 40 m.p.h. on highway with flashers on. We called roadside assistance for directions to nearest Hyundai dealership.

We slowly made it to Rick Case Hyundai who inspected our car & were "shockingly told that the (2) right side tires experienced "belt separations " & had to be replaced immediately with a new wheel alignment (over $ 500). The tech asked if we had hit something? We said "absolutely not" -we replied!! Wow sounds like a two manufacturer defect tires then! Well why are you charging me over $500 with only 14k miles & never had a flat? This is not right as this Hyundai dealer should have prorated these as manufacturer defective tires!!

We had to keep the tires & carry them back (2) tires to our local hyundai service dept & try to get reimbursed by Hankook who said it can take up to 90 days to inspect & evaluate the (2) tires!! This is a "serious safety issue " with these tires as we have read all the complaints about these model tires. We chose to buy (2) Goodyear replacement tires ... All your thoughts are appreciated .. Thank God we just made it home safe!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

I did not even get 30,000 miles out of my tires! Worst of all Hankook does not stand behind their warranty. I was told today that because I couldn't show my last tire rotation my warranty was void. However all my other tire rotations are in the computer (NTB Athens Ga). Maybe I had to go somewhere different to get an oil change/ tire rotation last time. No I didn't carry the receipt into NTB with me. I shouldn't have to! Come on! Less than 30k!! STAND BEHIND YOUR PRODUCT!!! HORRIBLE TIRES AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Most tire companies bend over backwards for their customers. Hankook can't even honor a warranty of 100,000 mile tires when I got less than 30,000 out of them! The one star is only because I had to out at least one!!

Hankook Tire Company Information