Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
2.27/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Hankook Tire Reviews

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

If you ever drive in the rain, do not buy these tires. There is no traction in the rain while accelerating, cornering or braking. They came on my new Equinox and had I known how bad they were I would have bought a different car.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

4 tires were installed. Gas mileage started down immediately. Car has 40,000 miles and runs perfect till now. Mileage was down the very first tank full. My car keeps tract so it's easy to see the drop-off.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I just purchased a brand new 2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid from the Capistrano Toyota in San Juan Capistrano. I mention them because they have not been helpful and have dodged responsibility as well as Hankook has. The Camry came stock with the Hankook Kinergy GT tires. I went in for the first services check at 5,000 miles and nothing was noticed in the tire rotation. right around a 1,000 miles later driving late on the 22 freeway entering the onramp to the 55 Riverside, slowing down about 45-50 miles an hour the back left tire interior wall blew out! Only 6k miles on the car, luckily there were no cars around us because we started to drift and swerve violently almost crashing into the on ramp wall. We were very lucky, my brother the passenger and I the driver that we weren't seriously injured or killed.

Now I am being pushed back and forth between the Toyota Dealership and Hankook on who should be taking care of this payment for the new tires. I'm not going to be letting them put anymore Hankook tires on my car, I will be going somewhere else to get new tires but they should help compensate the one tire that blew out after such a short amount of time and so few miles. They have not and I honestly am warning everyone who purchases any tires from this company or a car from Capistrano Toyota, if you value your life don't drive with Hankook tires on your car. I'm shocked they are allowed to get away with this, the government is supposed to look out for the consumer and protect us from faulty and dangerous products like the ones Hankook has released.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

April 2018 I purchased a set of 4 Hankook Optimo tires size P175/70R14 for my 2000 Toyota Echo with 96,873 miles on odometer. Tires came with a 70,000 mile warranty. Today, Aug. 31, 2019 with 117,400 miles on odometer I replaced these tires. Tires had been rotated and balanced at 6,000-8,000 mile intervals. At last rotation at 113,000 miles all tires had less than 2/32nds tread depth.

Original review: July 26, 2019

My 2018 Explorer XLT came with these tires 255/50R20. At 11000 miles I had to replace them. They were chunking apart. There are thousands of complaints on these tires. Why Ford still puts them on their cars is insane. I will never buy another car with these tires on them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hankook Tire?

Original review: July 24, 2019

I bought a 2018 Honda Accord, that came with Hankook Tires. I was driving I65, coming home from work and my rear tire separated from the rim. I could have caused a horrible accident or been in one. These tires are death rubber. Stop making these tires. Replace the defects, get them off the road! Recall!!! One life saved is worth it.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I purchased a new 2018 F-150 platinum with Hankook Dynapro ATM 275/55/20 tires. At 5,000 miles the rear driver tire developed a bulge in the sidewall approximately 3 inches long and 3/4 inch wide from center of sidewall to the tread. At 7,500 miles a similar bulge developed in the front driver tire. Frontier Ford in Santa Clara, CA service department told me to call Hankook and Hankook told me it was the dealer's responsibility to warranty the tire. These tires are defective and unsafe to drive on and I need help to get someone to take action. There are several reports online regarding Hankook tire sidewall and tread defects.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Son was driving to work and the RR tire's entire sidewall blew out. In my 40+ years of driving, I have never seen a tire do this, especially ones that have less than 15,000 miles on them. I see a recall for the larger tires (245 and up), but these are 205/55ZR16. Discount Tire (vendor) will replace @$58, stating this is the cost of the 'deductible'. Called and LVM with Hankook and am awaiting their return call. I'm concerned for his safety and worry about the other three tires on the car. Not happy with the sidewall-trends with Hankook tires.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I bought a new car which has Hankook tire. It went bad in 6 month and Hankook Tire warranty department told that, "If you bought the tire separately we cover it but it is coming with the car so we will not cover it."

Original review: May 29, 2019

While travelling on interstate, we had a sidewall blowout. Following roadside assistance info provided in manual resulted in inability to make connection leaving no alternative but to use AAA towing to repair shop where we were informed tire was not reparable due to sidewall blowout leaving us no other choice than to buy a tire from the shop. Warranty states you have to present tire for warranty decision. When you are broke down on interstate and are out of options but to do as described above, compensation from manufacturer should be a no brainer! I hope Mr. Hankook uses Bridgestone tires when on the interstate and has no alternatives but to call Uber or Lyft.

Hankook Tire Company Information