2. Automotive
  3. Tires

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.83/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Hankook Tire Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hankook Tire?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hankook Tire?

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

I have a 2017 Honda CRV that came with these tires at 20,000 miles I had a blow ou and there was excessive wear on the other back tire. Bought 2 new tires. Now at 35,000 miles and other blow out in a Hankook tire. I will never buy these tires again! I have been driving for over 50 years and never had a tire blow out. Now I have had 2 in one year. These are BAD tires.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

My brand new 2017 Ford Explorer came with Hankook tires on it. During a routine oil change I was told that my car would need new tires ASAP! I was informed by Ford that day that Hankook released a bad batch of tires and that they would assist with financial assistance for a new set. At 30,031 miles I was told by Hankook that they would not assist in purchase or provide any support for new tires, because my car was over their 30,000 mile limit. 31 miles over....not a happy customer! I was not looking for a new set of tires, I was looking for respect and a little assistance due to their bad error and never informing their customers of their mistake.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I have bought 4 Winter tires of Hankook company a year ago in October 2018 with a $60 mail-in rebate. Hankook has no respect for the customer and their time. It has been a year wasting hours on telephone lines (855.242.1199, 888.371.2109, 833.835.5039) and chats, they just verify your address and pass it on to another phone line with loud music. I think, they have no intention to send rebates.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

If you ever drive in the rain, do not buy these tires. There is no traction in the rain while accelerating, cornering or braking. They came on my new Equinox and had I known how bad they were I would have bought a different car.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

4 tires were installed. Gas mileage started down immediately. Car has 40,000 miles and runs perfect till now. Mileage was down the very first tank full. My car keeps tract so it's easy to see the drop-off.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

I just purchased a brand new 2019 Toyota Camry Hybrid from the Capistrano Toyota in San Juan Capistrano. I mention them because they have not been helpful and have dodged responsibility as well as Hankook has. The Camry came stock with the Hankook Kinergy GT tires. I went in for the first services check at 5,000 miles and nothing was noticed in the tire rotation. right around a 1,000 miles later driving late on the 22 freeway entering the onramp to the 55 Riverside, slowing down about 45-50 miles an hour the back left tire interior wall blew out! Only 6k miles on the car, luckily there were no cars around us because we started to drift and swerve violently almost crashing into the on ramp wall. We were very lucky, my brother the passenger and I the driver that we weren't seriously injured or killed.

Now I am being pushed back and forth between the Toyota Dealership and Hankook on who should be taking care of this payment for the new tires. I'm not going to be letting them put anymore Hankook tires on my car, I will be going somewhere else to get new tires but they should help compensate the one tire that blew out after such a short amount of time and so few miles. They have not and I honestly am warning everyone who purchases any tires from this company or a car from Capistrano Toyota, if you value your life don't drive with Hankook tires on your car. I'm shocked they are allowed to get away with this, the government is supposed to look out for the consumer and protect us from faulty and dangerous products like the ones Hankook has released.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

April 2018 I purchased a set of 4 Hankook Optimo tires size P175/70R14 for my 2000 Toyota Echo with 96,873 miles on odometer. Tires came with a 70,000 mile warranty. Today, Aug. 31, 2019 with 117,400 miles on odometer I replaced these tires. Tires had been rotated and balanced at 6,000-8,000 mile intervals. At last rotation at 113,000 miles all tires had less than 2/32nds tread depth.

Original review: July 26, 2019

My 2018 Explorer XLT came with these tires 255/50R20. At 11000 miles I had to replace them. They were chunking apart. There are thousands of complaints on these tires. Why Ford still puts them on their cars is insane. I will never buy another car with these tires on them.

Original review: July 24, 2019

I bought a 2018 Honda Accord, that came with Hankook Tires. I was driving I65, coming home from work and my rear tire separated from the rim. I could have caused a horrible accident or been in one. These tires are death rubber. Stop making these tires. Replace the defects, get them off the road! Recall!!! One life saved is worth it.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I purchased a new 2018 F-150 platinum with Hankook Dynapro ATM 275/55/20 tires. At 5,000 miles the rear driver tire developed a bulge in the sidewall approximately 3 inches long and 3/4 inch wide from center of sidewall to the tread. At 7,500 miles a similar bulge developed in the front driver tire. Frontier Ford in Santa Clara, CA service department told me to call Hankook and Hankook told me it was the dealer's responsibility to warranty the tire. These tires are defective and unsafe to drive on and I need help to get someone to take action. There are several reports online regarding Hankook tire sidewall and tread defects.

Hankook Tire Company Information