Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Cooper Tires
3.78/5

Cooper Tires

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

235 Cooper Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 23, 2019

Purchase the high end all terrain Cooper Tire for my truck just over a year. Had an issue with one tire due to a defect in the compound causing the tire to balloon out on the side walls and went flat. Return the tires with my truck back to the dealer which I purchased them from and they're not wanting to cover any kind of warranty on that defect nor do they want to acknowledge it. They want to be disputing to say that I had ran the tire on a flat for too long. Of time which the tire has been fine up to this point and went totally flat and until the point I aired it up the bulging and balloon effect on the sidewall started to occur.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I've been using Cooper Tires for many years with almost zero tire failure. Very good tire and overall warranty. I would recommend them to anyone. I buy mine from Big Brand Tires in Bakersfield, CA.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2018

I have purchased tires at Fred Harz & Son, Elmer, NJ 08318 for >40 years. Whether for business or personal use, their service & brand/model recommendations have been consistently exceptional. They sell many brands, >10, & for many years their recommended Cooper Tires have performed very well for me, family & friends I have sent to Harz. Coopers are also an excellent value, usually below the price of other brands. Love 'em!

Original review: June 19, 2018

The tire has an attractive design that handles well in both rain and snow. I just had my first winter with these tires and I could not be more pleased with handling in snow and on icy roads. The tires grip the wet surface nicely including with stopping and starting. All in all a sound, deeply threaded tire with a decent ride.

Original review: June 14, 2018

This is my 2nd set of Cooper tires on my 4x4 Ford Ranger. I had Firestone (OEM), Michelin (Ford Recall Replacements), & Goodyear. The best of those three was the Goodyear for durability & the Michelin for Performance. These are one size larger than OEM tires and outperform and outlast all three of the previous tires, and they cost less! The tire in question is: MasterCraft Coursar LT 265 R75 16. Very good ride quality, durable wearing (Averaged 63,500 mile w/ 10% residual tread), Highway driving 75%, Gravel/Dirt/Off Road 25%, Great traction on Dry, Wet, Snow & Ice covered roadways. My 1999 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Off Road Pkg currently has 283,050 miles on it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cooper?

Original review: May 13, 2019

We bought Cooper tires from Pepboys for a truck 265-70R18. We started having problems with the air then we noticed the tires color change, one of the tires explored of the truck. We took it back, they changed it then second tire did the same thing with my kid and husband on it, we almost got killed. We heard a loud noise and the tire exploded. We went back to Pepboys and demand to get them off the truck. I have pictures of the discoloration of the tires and how the looked after exploding. I truly don’t recommend this tires at all. This tires are no good at all, should be off the market!

Original review: April 26, 2019

We purchased 4 Cooper Tires where the salesperson said we would get $75 rebate for 4 tires. Filled out info online and found rebate is 15% up to $75. Not a deal breaker. I later received email with a virtual MasterCard in the amount of $66.61. Unfortunately, the card doesn’t work. After many tries, I went back to the virtual card site and there is no contact information for help. They give you a web link that goes to a page to get Info. I input the info that they requested, and the page kept going blank and said there was a problem. Again, no contact info.

I contacted Cooper Tires customer service who replied with a phone number to call for help with that. I called and the person I spoke with said that they don’t have any info on that. Again, no help. Went back to Cooper Tire Cust Service...nothing. Called the phone number again and again a different person states that their system doesn’t maintain those cards. Still awaiting response from Cooper Tires. A “virtual” card rebate is just that - virtual. Can’t redeem it, can’t spend it, can’t collect it. I later filed a complaint with the government for Internet Fraud. Doesn’t get my rebate back, though. It’s a scam obviously.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I am never going to buy Cooper Tires ever again. I've had Cooper AT3 tires fitted to my Prado. They did not reach the mileage that is guaranteed and they were only 27 months old when they started to crack along the beads parallel to the rim. I tried to make a warranty claim because Cooper's website says they will replace tires with manufacturing defects within 72 months of manufacture. My tires were manufactured in the 11th week of 2016. They were fitted in January 2017. I discovered the fault in April 2019. Called a very unhelpful rep from Cooper Tires who was not willing to honor any warranty. 50 mins later going around In circles all he could offer was a 10 percent pro-rata credit on the tire. This is because it has travelled 90 percent of its guaranteed mileage, he also went on to say that any extra mileage was a bonus.

My argument was that the tires were in great condition and rotated regularly to prolong the tread life and had a lot of tread and that he should honor the pro-rata based on the fact that the tires are only 27 months old. He refused to offer any replacement and reluctantly reofferd a 10 percent credit. Therefore I will never buy this overrated, underperforming brand ever again. My experience with Cooper Tires was terrible and I should have gone with my gut instinct and bought Japanese tires instead of the American ones which will be going in the bin as soon as I replace them with Dunlop AT22 which Toyota fit at the factory.

Original review: April 6, 2019

Purchased a set for my 2016 Ford Fusion in July 2017 and 10 months later back at dealership because of rough riding. Tires had flat spots and not even 20000 mi on a tire rated for 80000 mi. Tires were replaced for half the amount they cost originally. Nine months later went to Ford to have my oil changed and they said my tires had flat spots and if they rotated them it would ride really rough. I am done with Cooper Tires. Didn't even mess with contacting them to make it right...

Original review: April 1, 2019

Purchased Cooper AT3 tires, with about 28,000 miles on the tire, I had tread separation going down the highway at 70 mph, nearly crashed, and the tire caused $4500.00 in damage to my vehicle. It looks like Cooper has a history of this probelm and it dangerous tire. I had no air loss, always maintained my tires - STAY AWAY!

Original review: March 27, 2019

Purchase 4 new Cooper Tires in October 2018. Mailed in rebate form in November 2018 a week before the then rebate offer closed. Cooper Tire gave me the run around for 3 months about my rebate then claimed my rebate form was post marked 1 day late? They refused to share the post mark date proof which they claim they have with me and have not made payment. This is a bait and switch and a deceitful company. Furthermore the tires have only 5k miles on them and already have of the thread is worn. Stick with Michelins as they are a superior product and honor their discount rebate offers unlike Cooper Tires. Cant believe Cooper claims to be an American Company. What a shameless, lying, cheating company. NEVER BUY COOPER>>>

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Sent in my rebate information only to find out my rebate was declined due to incorrect email information, by the same email. Verbally confirmed email but still incorrect, but they sent me the info by that same information. Crooks. I had intentions of buying a set of summer Zeons but that is out the door.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Purchased 4 Cooper C55 Touring (23940) 235-45-18 Tires on 9/6/2018. Very much dissatisfied with these tires. Cold mornings feel like flat spots for 5 to 6 miles then ride very rough. Thump noise when driving over road sections. Driving on Interstate car has slight quiver. These are 2016 Ford Fusion. Old worn out Good Years was a lot better ride. Tires now have 5000 miles on them and getting worst. Do I buy new tires on trade car off? Or will Cooper Tires make this right? Bought these tires because made in USA.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I purchased four Cooper tires on October 2018 and fill and send the form to their office. After three weeks I received an email from them saying: "Unfortunately, your submission did not meet the promotion requirements due to the following reason(s): Household limit exceeded." I don't know what my family size have to do with the rebate, it is not a warranty. I think it is just a scam. They promise to send you back 70 $ if bought 4 tires. It is better to enhance your products, than playing these games. They don't deserve half star, I give them one because the system do not accept my review without any star. Do not believe Cooper Tires.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Cooper Tires offered a rebate October 2018 for 4 tires. I tuned in invoice electronically and filled out rebate form altogether on October 1st (day of purchase). ON THE 18th OF OCT, I was sent an email telling me that once my purchase was CONFIRMED that I will receive another email. Then after inquiring 2 times, I was sent an email finally on Nov. 1st telling me to expect it to be 6-8 weeks from Oct 18th to receive the email. Way too long. I already forwarded the invoice on Oct 1st directly from the retailer that installed my tires. (I got the retailer's rebate in 3 weeks from purchase.) I think it's very sorry that I am still waiting. So I will think about it when I'm offered a rebate going for buying their tires again. They want to help customers by making them wait.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I purchased the Cooper Zeon G1 Tires and was suppose to receive a $100 rebate. This is a scam, I mailed in the rebate form to find out they never received it. I am sure this is the story they tell all their customers. Customer service sucks and Mary Ann in the Whitby ON office was not willing help to or be of any assistance.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I purchased Cooper Tires because there was rebate of $100, so the price was practical. After buying tires whenever I open promotion link it says, "We are sorry. There is no promotion," and I literally tried many times. Today after 4 months I called them and inquire about the rebate. They said, "We are sorry the date for rebate was 30 June 2018," and further they said, "Maybe you are going to wrong website." Shameful behaviour, I just feel that my money has been stolen by them, so sad.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I purchased a set of CS5 Touring tires two weeks ago. There is a pronounced vibration between 40 to 50 mph. They have been balanced and rebalanced three times. The condition has not changed. Additionally, overnight the tires' flat spot and are "bouncy" for a mile or so until they smooth out. I am very disappointed with these tires. Going back to the dealer.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

After a little around 2 years the road noise is terrible. Am sorry I ever bought them. Went in and had them checked. They said they were all cupped. Had shocks and struts checked. They were good so it's the tires. When car sets for more than a day and I drive it it's like they flatten on. The bottoms get a thumpy ride for a while then they smooth out little.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Bought 4 Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus for my Expedition. The tires look, ride and feel great, but I've noticed after about 5000 miles of wear, the road noise is excessive. I've had them rotated and rebalanced with no change. I can compare it to an old 4X4 truck I once had with big mud & snow tires on it. You couldn't even hear the radio driving down the highway. It's not quite that bad but it's annoying.

Original review: June 27, 2018

Went one size wider for my 15” on my 99 Mustang - vastly improved handling - great tires, made here in America and bought and maintained by Discount Tire.

Original review: June 24, 2018

Tires are great anti hydroplane. Tread life above average very quiet. My 2nd set of Cooper Discoverer Srx. Handling is so so plus they're aesthetically appealing on most trucks I see.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Tires are generally a good value. This is 2nd set. Wear seems to be fair, but performance on SUV is very good. Great on snow, and very quiet on dry.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Cooper Tire 235/45R17 CS5 Ultra Touring 94W Tread wear: 50,000 mile tread. Purchased new, $155 each. 2004 Volvo V70 station wagon. Tires have been driven 21,151 miles in 15 months. Three alignments done. Approximately 4-6 rotation and balances done, because the tires won't stay balanced. These tires never stayed balanced. They have always had a small vibration. On cool and cold mornings, the vibration was very bad.

I replaced front struts, rear shocks, wheels, control arms, ball joints, tie rods, CV shafts, sway-bar links, brake rotors, and engine mounts. None of these replacements corrected the vibration. I believe the tires were manufactured poorly. I have not hit a curb or pothole. The separation is occurring along a channel that can be seen on both the inner and outer sidewalls. This tire is still available, although it has been discontinued. My concern is that the other tires may have the same results.

Original review: June 17, 2018

The tire has a great wear capability but stopping in wet weather and especially snow is terrible. Bought tires at Sears. According to rating they were supposed to be good in wet weather but they are not.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Have been I using Cooper tires for years and have them on both our vehicles. Very happy with the way these tires ride and perform and get many miles of tread wear.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have always put Michelin tires on my cars but this time after reading about tires I purchased Cooper Discovery STX tires and absolutely love them. They are smooth and perform perfectly!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Cooper tires are every bit as good as Michelin's tires. I bought way too many tires before I learned that. Factory tires are almost always crap because corporate greed is an evil thing.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Made in USA!!! By union workers! A better value too! We would buy these tires again!! They keep USA working to provide for their families and communities!

Original review: May 24, 2018

When changing my winter tires I noticed a bulge on side of one tire. Only had 3 months driving on them. Took it to the shop I purchased it from and was told he had to send it to Saskatoon for warranty. Was informed after calling 4 weeks later not covered. Will never buy Cooper again or deal with this shop.

Cooper expert review by Lauren Fix

Cooper Tires may not be as well known as some of the other tire companies, but they have a 100-year history in the tire business. Today, Cooper Tires is a global company with over 65 facilities around the world.

• Tire navigator: Search for tires by year, make and model to see a list of options complete with customer reviews.

• Availability: Cooper Tires are sold through most major U.S. tire retailers such as NTB, Big O and Sears.

• Extensive warranty: Though there are limitations, the Cooper Tires warranty covers free replacement under certain conditions, tread wear protection and a 45-day road test period.

• Learning center: Cooper Tires has an extensive area of their website dedicated to education including a video library featuring race car driver Johnny Unser.

• Tire rewards: The Cooper Tires Tire Rewards site offers discounts, specials and rebates on many models of tires.

• Best for: Sports car and high-end vehicle drivers, extreme performance, touring, winter, run-flats, light truck and SUV drivers and passenger vehicle drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Cooper Tires Company Information