Cooper Tires

Compare Tires

Research top Tires recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased 4 new Cooper Discoverer Tire in March 2017. Was told that there was a $70.00 rebate when purchasing 4. Sent for rebate and was told that since the Riverside auto in New Bern NC had not signed up as participating dealers, I would not get a rebate. This is clearly false advertising and I would not have bought these tires as the rebate was the motivation for choosing this tire. Nothing was mentioned in the misleading advertising about having to be in with a participating dealer. Apparently they do not care who they screw. After reading the other reviews I would never buy Cooper Tires again. Do not buy Cooper Tires ever!

Three years ago I purchased their 80k tires for my 2004 Toyota Prius. I expected that I would not have to replace them for some time. HOW WRONG WAS!!! When I went to my Toyota dealer (Curry in Croton on RT 6) the tires had ~30k on them, was told that the tires were worn out, and needed to be replaced. Toyota point blank refused to do anything (other than to sell me new tires), and finally told me I had to contact Cooper myself to see if they would at least prorate then for replacement.

That was more than 2 months ago, and to date I have been unable to find a way to contact Cooper so that my situation with their tires could be resolved. I feel that contact with them is designed so that you give up in frustration, and that they are just taking advantage so they can make more profit and to heck with customer support. As a 73 year old senior I am at my wits end with what amount to not getting customer service, but only getting customer DISSERVICE.

I have never written a review before, but feel compelled to do so now. I own several classic cars ranging from the 50s to the 90s. I have purchased many different brands of tires over the years and have had good to not so good luck with them. I always maintain the proper air pressure in these tires. And my vehicles are stored properly. I purchased 4 new Cooper Trendsetter SE P205/70R15 White Wall tires about 2 years ago now, for my 1990 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz. I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT BAD LUCK WITH THESE TIRES. Out of the 4 tires, within the first 6 months TWO tires developed an egg shaped bubble on the area of the white wall. I contacted "Cooper Tire" and was advised to contact the business that I purchased the tires from. And was also told that it would be "Unsafe" to drive on these tires. They offered NO other solution.

I complained to the business that I purchased the tires from. I won't mention any names (they restore rims, but sell tires on the side). She was very nice but, it took me over SIX MONTHS to finally get an exchange for the two tires. She, the owner, keep telling me that her supplier, in Miami wouldn't return her calls. What I believe, she finally did was, ordered the new replacement tires, put them on my car and "ate" the price of the old ones. And in the meantime, was advised by "Cooper Tire" not to drive on these tires. For what took 6 months, really? About a year later, with less than 7 thousand miles on them the vehicle started to develop a front end side to side wobble. I have had the front suspension and a 4 wheel alignment done on this car just prior to buying the new tires at Weber Wheel Alignment here in Lake Worth. They are the best since 1952.

Recently, I took the car to another local well-respected auto shop to have the tires balanced. They told me that 3 tires could be balanced but the 4th could not. He showed me a video that he took as he tried to computer balance that tire, and it was clear that the steel belts had shifted, or started separating, which was causing the wobble. The next day, today, 02/10/17 he called me and said that he has located a new tire for my car to replace this bad one. So out of the 4 new tires that I purchased about two years ago, three out of the 4 so far had to be replaced. These are THE WORST TIRES I HAVE EVER HAD. I'm so sad and very disappointed with them. If I could have purchased white walls from another brand at the time, I would have done so.

Submitted rebate online and got a submission number, was doing taxes and found the receipt and realized that I never got the rebate money. Called and they said they emailed me and that that coupon was over in June. So basically they made no real attempt to contact me since they have your phone number also, and their email was probably sent to spam. That is why they do this, to ensure they don't have to actually back up their promotions.

Really happy with my purchase of Cooper tire discoverer 17's. They got a really great warranty, and I found that these tires are much more cheaper in price than much of your Chinese brand tires. Do your homework before buying your next set of tires.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cooper?

It's a shame to waste time believing that Cooper Tires is running with honesty. I should know better, so I thought they really were going to send me the Visa Prepaid Card for $70 as advertised after purchasing 4 tires and sending the paperwork on time. Their 1st claim is that they never received the papers by US Mail, then they didn't receive the fax; finally they decline the offer. This is ridiculous and they should be ashamed of the way they conduct biz like Banana Republic.

I have 225/60-18, SUV tires, all weather CS5 which I got for the tread life, low noise and it's American sourced. It's a Good all around tire, excellent wet weather performance. Bought tires for trip to Fla and got a great price at Tire Pros in RI.

Michelin is great but I got tired of their prices. Cooper Tires were highly recommended and my dealer promised to take them back if I didn't like them. The tires have good wear and handling. They now have a mileage of 15000. They have more noise than Michelin, but not enough to go back and pay the high price. Cooper Tires are simply excellent.

I have Cooper tires that are for all seasons. It was recommended by people who have owned Cooper tires for years. They are quiet and ride extremely well.

Received the rebate card. The number on the front of the card to register the card does not work. Unable to register the card. Tried to register online, the website on the card does not recognize the card. When I call customer service there is no option for a representative. Other times I call it says leave a message. If your decision to purchase these tires are based on the rebate to offset the cost, then do not purchase. Rebate does not work.

I use Cooper tires on horse trailer and Chevy one ton. I have used Cooper since 1976 because of price and DEPENDABILITY!!! My current set has 10,000 in mileage and is quiet and smooth running.

My tires have great handling in all kinds of weather and have good wearability. I bought them from a local dealer and with a national gift card rebate. The tires are 20000 in mileage and have quick response to steering input and all-weather traction. Cooper, made by Firestone has achieved its own name brand recognition with consistent quality and innovation. Their Discoverer line for trucks and SUV is a sought after product and the CS line on our Subaru upholds that tradition. These tires fit many applications, and are available in T, H, and V compounding.

They are "all weather" tires and were rate as good to great. They're on 10000 km and are very noisy and on going inflation issues so continuing return to dealer to address why concerns with inflation.

I got the tires as it was buy 3 get one for a penny. I've had them for 50000 miles and they have solid performance in all aspects however the only limitation for mine would be they're not made for a sporty SUV even though they handle very well for my Toyota Highlander. I do rotate every five to ten thousand miles plus run nitrogen in them.

My Cooper tires are affordable with a smooth and decent ride and feel. They wear well with a good guarantee similar to other more well known brands. They look nice too. I have them nitrogen filled and that is supposed to keep them cooler on long drives. They seem to have a good tread and stay inflated even though I have had to have them filled with nitrogen air once. They have had a slight pull to one side ever since they were put on my vehicle. I took them in to another store in the same chain and they tried to fix the issue. It helped some, but they still pull slightly. I know I should have gone back to have them to troubleshoot but time management has become the bigger issue. The ride is still smooth.

My Cooper tires do not last in Nevada's heat just like the dealer said, but they were the only tires available for my motor home. I had a blowout and the pressure was where it was recommended to be. Do not trust Cooper tires.

Cooper Response Touring - All-Season, P185/65R14 86T, UTQG: 540AB, Black Sidewall, 60,000 Mile Limited Warranty. They are a good American-made tire. Sears Auto Service Center had them on sale and I got employee discount. It has good handling on wet and dry roads in Alabama's hill country as well as reasonable tire wear. These tires are a good fit for my 2002 Kia Spectra and are a big improvement over the previous bargain Asian import tires in wear and handling. After 20,000 miles starting to notice tire noise but only at Interstate speeds. I got them almost 5 years ago, so it's about time for new ones.

I got Cooper's A/T All Season 265/75S based on extensive online search for reviews from owners of a similar vehicle. It's 15000 in mileage, relatively quiet, and has great wear. BFGoodrich OEM tires on Subaru and on X-terra wore out in less than 30,000 miles. The dealer said OEM have no wear guarantee.

The 60k mile tires I have bought are worn out at 14k miles. One tire was coming apart and only two of the 4 passed inspection. And they won't pass the next one. Tire started thumping at highway speeds, and when checked by a mechanic it found to be coming apart. I've rotated these tires every other oil change to get even wear but they wore out evenly. Worse I've ever had.

I heard Cooper made great tires and thought I'd give them a shot. My Cooper CS4s gave me 83k miles of safe comfortable ride. It's great for dry and wet and okay in snow. I had one sidewall failure and the dealer treated me right. I bought a set of CS5s and hope to get the same results.

I live in a semi-rural community so I have to have tires that are reliable and have good traction in all weather conditions and the Cooper Tires is a comfortable and quiet ride. This is the second set, so it's a total of 80000 miles. I will add that they are made in America, too.

I sent in the application for rebates on my 4 new Cooper tires and the answer was "Invoice received" and a few days later I got an e-mail saying it was on hold because no invoice received! I should have known it was a scam from the beginning! Just letting everyone know. Don't waste your time and let Canadian Tire know also that they shouldn't be advertising the offer!!!

In October of 2015, I brought my 2007 Jeep Liberty into the most respected tire company where I live. I had explained my concern and disappointment in the Goodyear All Terrain and the tire dealer highly recommended the Cooper Discover AT3 tires as I live in a mountainous region. I agreed to take his recommendation and he installed the new tires on my Jeep and I demanded and paid for an alignment at the time of the tire purchase.

From the time of the first oil change, I was told about the abnormal wear on the tires and have had them rotated every 5k miles. These crap tires were completely worn out at 19k miles, and when I mean bald, I mean smoother than a baby's butt. I looked up Cooper Tire warranty online and they are supposed to be good up to 55k miles. Not. I took the Jeep back to where I bought the tires and was told that the asphalt roadways ate up the tires. I was told that I literally have to have the name, date of birth, and fingerprint of the first born of the person who rotated the tires, time, date, air temperature, and the color and consistency of my most recent bowel movement to have Cooper honor the warranty on their tires.

Needless to say, I had to fork out another $700 bonus for 4 new tires. These are absolutely the worst tires I have ever purchased and I will never buy another set of these junk tires ever again. Screw Cooper Tires and their BS warranty and poorly made tires. Amazing how nobody honors their warranties anymore, and the quality of everything has gone to the toilet, while the prices have gone up. BOHICA!

I had a Cooper Tire retailer (Canadian Tire) install 4 Discover A/TW tires size 265/70R17 on my 2013 Ram pickup in late October 2015. After 30,000 km (18,000 miles) the rear tires are worn to the wear bars and the fronts are over 50% worn. Alignment at install was correct and tires have been on paved roads for their life with no loads. The original Goodyear winter tread tires ran 70,000 km (42,000 miles) and were rotated twice with less wear than the current rears. Retailer says nothing they can do and customer service rep said he has a set of Coopers on his car that are worn out at 10,000 kms. I have been driving for 50 years and can honestly say I have not seen tire wear like this since the age of the bias ply tires of the 1970's. Looks like my first and last set of Cooper tires.

This tire cord I have been having problems with at this tire for the last year. The tires had about 35k miles. The 1st year they were great. Since then I have had multiple balance issues, and extreme pulling issues. The tires were rotated every 5k and I had the front end aligned thinking that was the issue. The tire dealer kept telling me Cooper would not do anything about the initial issues. Then I was going to work driving 65 on the highway when I felt a vibration and a complete failure of the sidewall on the left rear tire. The tire dealer said they had another customer that had the same failure in last couple of weeks. Regardless of whether Cooper does anything about these tires I will never buy Cooper again. Here is a picture of the tire. Do not buy Cooper tires.

I purchased four Cooper CS4 Touring tires for my Lexus RX 330. I purchased the tires because of the 80,000 mile wear out warranty. After about 35,000 miles, they are bald and are needing to be replaced. I rotate my tires regularly like you're supposed to do. I took my vehicle back to the store where I purchased the tires. They said they contacted Cooper Tires and was told that I probably didn't rotate them often enough or keep them at the correct tire pressure, and that they would not do anything for me. I will never buy Cooper tires again! They are worthless tires! I wish I would've read all these complaints before I purchased them. Now I'm out spending more money on new tires that should've lasted a lot longer.

I purchased 2 Cooper tires for my work vehicle at about 51,000 miles. The tires were put on the rear of my Grand Caravan, and a tank and a half of gas later, one had such a huge bulge on the side wall, that it popped off the rim. I changed to the spare on the side of the road, then got it replaced, and had to pay for a new one. The shop did the labor for free, but I still ate the cost of the tire. Fast forward 2 days and the other "new" tire does the same thing. I am now awaiting a replacement for it, and losing out on work at the same time. If I could give negative stars, I would. The tread still has the little mold strings on it, that's how few miles I got out of these tires!!

Had to replace 4 Cooper Tires after 14,000 miles! Completely bald!! I am in utter disbelief. Tires should last 3x as long. Do NOT spend your money on Cooper Tires. It is an utter waste. I am fuming. I would give negative stars if I could.

This past June 2016 I was told during my annual inspection that my 2014 Nissan Rogue needed 2 new tires. The dealership had told me they could get me 4 Cooper Mastercraft HSX Tires for a discounted cost. These tires came with a warranty in case anything happened to them which sounded like a great deal. On August 17, 2016 my front passenger tire developed a huge bubble. At this time the tire had less than 720 miles on it. After having to have it towed to the dealership upon inspection the tire itself had no damage to it but the inner wheel was beyond warped. They kept insisting I had hit something which I knew was untrue and made me pay for a replacement wheel even though the dealership assured me it was be covered under the tire warranty. $346 later I got my car back.

Not even a month later on Tuesday Sept. 13, 2016, while driving my three small children home from school my back passenger tire blew out. I have been driving vehicles for 20 years. I have never had a blowout ever. For the second time in less than a month my vehicle needed to be towed to the dealership. Upon inspection of this tire they found some abnormal beading around the wheel to the point were they were unable to even blow the tire back up. Again the dealership was insisting that I had hit something. I was driving on on a back road that is known to often have deer on it. I never go above 20 miles an hour on this specific road. Again they had wanted to not honor the warranty and had wanted to charge me again for the tire.

Only after I threatened to walk away from the 10 months that is left on my lease did the dealership say they would now take on the responsibility/burden of getting the company to honor their warranty for the tire. I never write reviews but I feel that it's very important to let people know that they think they are getting a good tire for a good price. The truth is not only are these tires poorly made, the very company who makes them will not honor their own warranty. At this point I feel so uncomfortable driving my vehicle because I feel at any minute one of my tires just going to randomly burst!

I purchased 4 of their top line ties a couple of years ago, they bounced so bad and two different "Cooper Tire" dealers told me they were defective. After much time on the phone with their customer service, I did manage to get 4 new tires. They didn't bounce but as they wore they became loud - real loud. With just 30k miles on them we changed them due to the noise issues. Car seems like a new one now, rides better, very quiet again, We did not replace them with COOPER - I was a Cooper Tires advocate until this issue. I will never buy another COOPER Tire again. Would suggest you look at anything except them!!!

Expert Review

Lauren FixAuto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.    More about Lauren→

Cooper Tires may not be as well known as some of the other tire companies, but they have a 100-year history in the tire business. Today, Cooper Tires is a global company with over 65 facilities around the world.

• Tire navigator: Search for tires by year, make and model to see a list of options complete with customer reviews.
  • Availability: Cooper Tires are sold through most major U.S. tire retailers such as NTB, Big O and Sears.
  • Extensive warranty: Though there are limitations, the Cooper Tires warranty covers free replacement under certain conditions, tread wear protection and a 45-day road test period.
  • Learning center: Cooper Tires has an extensive area of their website dedicated to education including a video library featuring race car driver Johnny Unser.
  • Tire rewards: The Cooper Tires Tire Rewards site offers discounts, specials and rebates on many models of tires.
  • Best for Sports car and high-end vehicle drivers, extreme performance, touring, winter, run-flats, light truck and SUV drivers and passenger vehicle drivers.

Compare Tires