2. Automotive

Cooper Tires
Shop on Tire Rack
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.64/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Cooper Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cooper Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cooper?

Original review: July 10, 2020

Good tires but road noise after 20,000 miles. 90% rubber remaining and the road noise is horrible on my Cooper A/T tires. I don't think I'll be buying them again. Good on dry, wet and snow but road noise is horrible.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2020

I purchased a set of the Discover at3’s for my 2012 Escape and have had nothing but problems with them. They always seem to become unbalanced and I can feel every bump in the road because of how stiff they are. I contacted Cooper and they said there’s nothing they can do to get me a refund so I can purchase a different set of tires. I will not be purchasing another set of Coopers for any of my future vehicles.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

https: Attached you will see pictures of a bad tire on my wife's 2010 Nissan Maxima. Thank the good Lord that she did not have an accident. This tire did not blow out. It was definitely a defective tire. As you can see from the pictures the tire still had good thread on it but evidently it was defective. In all the years I've worked on cars I have never seen a tire do such a thing. By the grace of God it did not blow out why my wife is driving home from work. I'm very disappointed because this situation should have never occurred. IMG_20200111_101651392.jpg. IMG_20200111_101532572.jpg. IMG_20200111_101835361.jpg/photos.app.goo.gl/

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

My Zeon LTZ XL tires are cracking and falling apart. I called to get it fixed and was offered $158 rebate on the $1000 tires I recently bought. So I'm out the 1000 and have to get new tires. The open recall that is on them doesn't match the right size they said. I think it's a design flaw that needs to be addressed across the board. Buy anything but Cooper.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

Discoverer AT3 XLT. Nice riding, nice looking and quiet for a twin peak winter rated tire. Now the bad part. I was getting 12mpg with my stock Michelin tires on my 2011 Chevy Duramax. Since installing the Coopers I have dropped to 8.8mpg pulling my 5th wheel. The rollability is certainly worse.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I had AT3 Cooper tires installed on my F150. They are terribly out of balance. They tried 14 ounces of bead balancing, did not work, 3 tires were literally bouncing down the road. Then, they tried rim weights, it took an amazing 13-14 ounces to make 3 out of 4 of them drivable at all. The tire tech then says, "You can never put this one anywhere but the right rear". That's ridiculous! How can I rotate the wheels! My rims with Pirella tires only needed 1-2 ounces to balance. I watched them being balanced. They are not bent or have any runout. And, when 3 of 4 are this way, it says it's a tire problem. When it takes nearly 1 pound to balance a tire, the manufacturing process is very poor.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I bought my Cooper AT3 tires a year ago. I like the quiet ride. Good traction in many different terrains including mud and gravel with lots of pavement in between. These are 10 ply tires. I Haul my travel trailer mostly with my pickup. I’ve put over 10 k on the tires so far. No problems at all. The tread looks just like new. They were on sale and a great price. They also offered a mail in rebate which I received from them no problem. I’ve logged a couple million miles as a truck driver and I recommend the coopers to anyone. I’d like to add that if you hit something, it’s not the tires fault. If a valve stem breaks, it’s not the tires fault. If you run the tire with low air pressure, it’s not the tires fault when it explodes. My next tires will be Cooper’s. good product Cooper!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I bought a set of 2 tyres in Sept 2018 for the front of my T5 van, then a further 2 for the rear in Feb 2019. After 4000 miles the rear tryes are bald.... no weight in my vehicle. It doesn't tow. It's low mileage. On a 4 mile trip to work each day. Rear tyres are totally bald. Had my vehicle checked for any mechanical issues and it's perfect. I am taking them off all my family members' cars as I dont believe they are safe, and after multiple emails I'm still no closer to resolving the issue. I only wished I could leave zero stars...

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I've had my Cooper Tires for 1 year and they are wearing unevenly. Talked to the dealership who sold me the tires as well as their distributor. I have had regular oil changes, tire rotations and alignment checks on my car over the last year and the tires are FAULTY wearing unevenly causing the ride to be rough and LOUD. I tried to work with the dealership as well as the distributor who both told me COOPER won't warranty the tires.

So I called them direct and they said it was my car's fault?? Meanwhile my first set of tires had 60,000 miles on them with ZERO issues, my car is serviced regularly and otherwise in mint condition. I will NEVER buy another set of Cooper Tires and would caution anyone considering them to spend the extra money and buy something of quality and who VALUES their dealers and distributors. The dealership I went to said they have been promised in the past by Cooper to warranty tires and they defaulted. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, POOR PRODUCT.... buyers beware.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I am on my second set in 30 days. My tire dealer could not get the balance right on the first set and replaced them with a new set. The new set are only slightly better and the ride quality is very hard. Installed on a 2015 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD. My old tires were Toyo and they were great.

Cooper author review by Lauren Fix

Cooper Tires may not be as well known as some of the other tire companies, but they have a 100-year history in the tire business. Today, Cooper Tires is a global company with over 65 facilities around the world.

• Tire navigator: Search for tires by year, make and model to see a list of options complete with customer reviews.

• Availability: Cooper Tires are sold through most major U.S. tire retailers such as NTB, Big O and Sears.

• Extensive warranty: Though there are limitations, the Cooper Tires warranty covers free replacement under certain conditions, tread wear protection and a 45-day road test period.

• Learning center: Cooper Tires has an extensive area of their website dedicated to education including a video library featuring race car driver Johnny Unser.

• Tire rewards: The Cooper Tires Tire Rewards site offers discounts, specials and rebates on many models of tires.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Cooper Tires Company Information