Find a Tires partner

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Cooper Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cooper Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cooper?

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

Purchased a new Cooper Cobra GT all season tire thru Amazon... I had Big O install it. And turns out the tire is defective... Had a road force balance done on this brand new tire and it's wavy.. This the last time I buy Cooper Tires.

Original review: July 28, 2021

Bought locally and rotated with each oil change. So I thought. I believe they were but records were not kept at the location. Tires worn unevenly. After covid for my first long trip, I inquires and was told Cooper does not back until there is less tread but as always be careful in rain. I decided to wait until after my trip. Lucky I was not killed. Also I did not realize my 80000 warranty tires were only good for 35000. I work 2 miles from home and at home the last year and half since covid. They will give me money off after an argument for the same tire. No way. Now to find a new place to take my business after they blamed me the tires were not rotated where I bought them and had my oil changed.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2021

Bought new tires in 2019. Have driven these CS5 Grand Touring tires for 26000 miles in 2 years and 4 months. Two of them are already down to 5/32 and will need replaced at 4/32. They have an 80000 mile warranty that I will need to get honored. Very disappointed in needing to get new tires so soon.

Original review: July 16, 2021

Tires have 10k miles and it's in small pieces like a rat ate tires!!!! I can not believe Mercedes Benz would actually allow such tires on a brand new car!!! This is an embarrassment to mercedes to sponsor such a GARBAGE TIRE

Original review: June 11, 2021

I had tires for 6 months and had blow out. I took it to a Cooper Tire dealer who told me the bead come apart but it my fault how? Tire could have killed me blowing out at 70 mph. Cooper Tire won't stand behind they tires. A waste of money by.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

In May 2018, I bought 4 Cooper Tire’s Evolution Tour tires with 65000 miles warranty. After installation, I took the car to Tire Plus to get a full alignment with 3 years warranty and repeated alignment check. I used the alignment as frequently as needed. I also had tire rotation done with oil changes. Meaning all of the required steps to make sure tire maintenance is obeyed- have been taken.

In July 2020, as a result of a nail in a tire, I took the car to Tire Plus for repair. The Manager, called to say the tire is dangerous to place back on the car – since inside wall of the tire is wore out to its belt- when outside shows no sign of wear. He also pointed out another tire which has been wearing uneven. He also stated, "It is against the law for us to repair that tire" – knowing the inner condition. So, he only could place my donut spare on the car. I went home and used another full-size rim and tire I had previously purchased and held – to replace two bad tires that manager said were unsafe. This means - within the first 30,000 miles, two of Cooper tires had to be taken off my car.

I called Cooper, spoke with Doug about condition of the tires. He gave me a case number and told me to go to a Cooper dealer in order to look at the tires and adjust accordingly. It took about 2-3 weeks to speak with who sold me the tires. He said, he is not a Cooper dealer, call Cooper Corp to find dealers. Corp reps were directing me to different local stores, but stores told me - they are not Cooper dealer or not anymore). So, after visiting several stores, I slowed as My time would allow, with 2 very young extremely active kids during daycare and pre-k school closures due to covid-19, my own illness, move due to finances and searching for work/income when time would allow. Meanwhile, I had to replace the donut spare tire with another donut tire (as I have been driving this transportation– to make sure, I am not overusing the donut spare- endangering my kids.

Finally, the first week of December I was able to go to NTB to discuss the four tires in hope for replacement and proper credit from Cooper. I knew I am responsible for partial bill. I called Cooper and spoke with Eric in detail about the condition of the tires. He told me to have NTB to call Cooper for description of Defect and credit.

Even though I clearly explained to Eric about the UNEVEN WEAR as well as the MASSIVE WEAR INSIDE 2 tires while OUTSIDE showed no sign; when NTB rep called Cooper, Cooper was not really interested to know the UNSAFE condition of the tires (Safety of MY KIDS); but ONLY interested to know the amount of tread left on each tire – so they could prorate based on the tread left – EVEN THOUGH such proration is very improper – considering the fact that tires are defective and wearing internally which made them to be dangerous to be put back on the rime/car.

Of course, two of the tires that I had to take out (based on Tire Plus manager’s explanation- see 2nd parag. above), had the highest tread size 5/32 – well because, I could not use them anymore. Cooper – knowing that the tires are dangerous to have on the car- only gives 24% credit- as Eric and Dough claim, these tires have a lot of tread left. Also, I have to pay for tire installations, balance and all other fees associated with placing new tires on the car. It is UNREASONABLE, to pay for these fees. I did not cause the defect, but Cooper’s own negligence has done so. In less than half of the life of the tires, I have to pay because of Copper’s dangerous tire.

It is sad that I have to continue placing my kids in danger of reusing Cooper tire, as my finances are limited. If I had any choice, I would use other manufacture, write off the terrible experience and product of Cooper Tire Company and share such with other consumers around the planet. This was the first time I used Cooper tire in my life, and it will definitely be the last.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I purchased 4 Cooper StarFire tires. I am a senior and I don’t drive a whole lot as I work from home and have been since 2014. These tires have never been any good. I have had nothing but problems and I’ve had to replace one already and on the 2nd one now. BUYER BEWARE! Throw your money in the toilet. They never wanted an odometer reading to prove mileage. So I am unhappy and you have to have a holes in your head to buy Cooper Tire. I would rather buy retreads.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

I bought these tires for my F250 and they are splitting on the sidewalls, 2 tires, 3rd has small splits starting to split. I rotate my tires and check the air pressure often, I was surprised to see the split over half the way around the tire. Now it's too dangerous to drive.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2020

I purchased 5 Cooper 275/65R18 Discoverer ATS4S OWL 116T tires for my F-150 truck on 3/28/2019. One tire I used for the spare. I usually purchase a tire of the same kind in case I run into an issue and need a new tire to match. At the time I purchased a wheel alignment. On 9/16/2019 I returned to my tire centre to have the tires rotated because they felt out of balance. At that time they informed me my alignment was out and my driver side tire was unevenly worn. At first I thought maybe I hit a pothole as we have a lot of them where I live. I had them realign the the vehicle and had them switch the spare with the worn tire.

Within 5000 Ks my tires were making a whooping noise as I drove at highway speed. This time I went to my Ford dealer and they informed me that my tires were all cupped and that’s what was causing the noise. Two months later I had the tires removed as they were now badly worn out. I purchased the tires at 121,282 kilometres and replaced them at 161,000 (about a year and a half) kilometres which works out to roughly 25000 miles. I am now coming to the conclusion that it wasn’t the alignment issue but the poor quality tires that were to blame. I won’t ever purchase Cooper tires again. Once a company losses my trust there are no second chances.

Original review: July 10, 2020

Good tires but road noise after 20,000 miles. 90% rubber remaining and the road noise is horrible on my Cooper A/T tires. I don't think I'll be buying them again. Good on dry, wet and snow but road noise is horrible.

Cooper author review by Lauren Fix

Cooper Tires may not be as well known as some of the other tire companies, but they have a 100-year history in the tire business. Today, Cooper Tires is a global company with over 65 facilities around the world.

• Tire navigator: Search for tires by year, make and model to see a list of options complete with customer reviews.

• Availability: Cooper Tires are sold through most major U.S. tire retailers such as NTB, Big O and Sears.

• Extensive warranty: Though there are limitations, the Cooper Tires warranty covers free replacement under certain conditions, tread wear protection and a 45-day road test period.

• Learning center: Cooper Tires has an extensive area of their website dedicated to education including a video library featuring race car driver Johnny Unser.

• Tire rewards: The Cooper Tires Tire Rewards site offers discounts, specials and rebates on many models of tires.

by Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Cooper Tires Company Information