Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
Cooper Tires
3.72/5

Cooper Tires

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Cooper Tires Reviews

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I bought my Cooper AT3 tires a year ago. I like the quiet ride. Good traction in many different terrains including mud and gravel with lots of pavement in between. These are 10 ply tires. I Haul my travel trailer mostly with my pickup. I’ve put over 10 k on the tires so far. No problems at all. The tread looks just like new. They were on sale and a great price. They also offered a mail in rebate which I received from them no problem. I’ve logged a couple million miles as a truck driver and I recommend the coopers to anyone. I’d like to add that if you hit something, it’s not the tires fault. If a valve stem breaks, it’s not the tires fault. If you run the tire with low air pressure, it’s not the tires fault when it explodes. My next tires will be Cooper’s. good product Cooper!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

I bought a set of 2 tyres in Sept 2018 for the front of my T5 van, then a further 2 for the rear in Feb 2019. After 4000 miles the rear tryes are bald.... no weight in my vehicle. It doesn't tow. It's low mileage. On a 4 mile trip to work each day. Rear tyres are totally bald. Had my vehicle checked for any mechanical issues and it's perfect. I am taking them off all my family members' cars as I dont believe they are safe, and after multiple emails I'm still no closer to resolving the issue. I only wished I could leave zero stars...

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I've had my Cooper Tires for 1 year and they are wearing unevenly. Talked to the dealership who sold me the tires as well as their distributor. I have had regular oil changes, tire rotations and alignment checks on my car over the last year and the tires are FAULTY wearing unevenly causing the ride to be rough and LOUD. I tried to work with the dealership as well as the distributor who both told me COOPER won't warranty the tires.

So I called them direct and they said it was my car's fault?? Meanwhile my first set of tires had 60,000 miles on them with ZERO issues, my car is serviced regularly and otherwise in mint condition. I will NEVER buy another set of Cooper Tires and would caution anyone considering them to spend the extra money and buy something of quality and who VALUES their dealers and distributors. The dealership I went to said they have been promised in the past by Cooper to warranty tires and they defaulted. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE, POOR PRODUCT.... buyers beware.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I am on my second set in 30 days. My tire dealer could not get the balance right on the first set and replaced them with a new set. The new set are only slightly better and the ride quality is very hard. Installed on a 2015 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD. My old tires were Toyo and they were great.

Original review: July 21, 2019

Bought a set of Cooper Evolution tires for my Honda Pilot. Tires will not maintain tire pressure, need to adjust tire pressure every week. Never ever buy Cooper tires. Tried to contact Cooper to no avail. They don't seem concerned about product quality.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cooper?

Original review: July 2, 2019

Purchased two Cooper CS3 touring tires last year on a road trip in Lordsburg NM, due to my Continentals failing. My gas mileage immediately dropped from 27 down to 24 mpg. One year and 26,000 miles later, tread depth is now 3/32". They are starting to get flats, which happens when tires are nearly worn out. I've lost the warranty paperwork, but they had either 60,000 or 80,000 mile warranty. The most expensive tires I've ever bought. I would go back to Lordsburg and try to get warranty replacement, but the cost of poor fuel economy is more than the value of the tires.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I purchased Discoverer Cooper tires for my Dodge Ram 1500 extended cab. One day at work in the breakroom I hear a loud boom. Building kind of shook a bit. I soften a few employees went outside to see what the commotion was and lo and behold my tire exploded. Lots and lots of wiring exposed. Damage to the back of my truck bed. The tire is less than a year old.

Original review: May 13, 2019

We bought Cooper tires from Pepboys for a truck 265-70R18. We started having problems with the air then we noticed the tires color change, one of the tires explored of the truck. We took it back, they changed it then second tire did the same thing with my kid and husband on it, we almost got killed. We heard a loud noise and the tire exploded. We went back to Pepboys and demand to get them off the truck. I have pictures of the discoloration of the tires and how the looked after exploding. I truly don’t recommend this tires at all. This tires are no good at all, should be off the market!

Original review: April 26, 2019

We purchased 4 Cooper Tires where the salesperson said we would get $75 rebate for 4 tires. Filled out info online and found rebate is 15% up to $75. Not a deal breaker. I later received email with a virtual MasterCard in the amount of $66.61. Unfortunately, the card doesn’t work. After many tries, I went back to the virtual card site and there is no contact information for help. They give you a web link that goes to a page to get Info. I input the info that they requested, and the page kept going blank and said there was a problem. Again, no contact info.

I contacted Cooper Tires customer service who replied with a phone number to call for help with that. I called and the person I spoke with said that they don’t have any info on that. Again, no help. Went back to Cooper Tire Cust Service...nothing. Called the phone number again and again a different person states that their system doesn’t maintain those cards. Still awaiting response from Cooper Tires. A “virtual” card rebate is just that - virtual. Can’t redeem it, can’t spend it, can’t collect it. I later filed a complaint with the government for Internet Fraud. Doesn’t get my rebate back, though. It’s a scam obviously.

Original review: April 26, 2019

I am never going to buy Cooper Tires ever again. I've had Cooper AT3 tires fitted to my Prado. They did not reach the mileage that is guaranteed and they were only 27 months old when they started to crack along the beads parallel to the rim. I tried to make a warranty claim because Cooper's website says they will replace tires with manufacturing defects within 72 months of manufacture. My tires were manufactured in the 11th week of 2016. They were fitted in January 2017. I discovered the fault in April 2019. Called a very unhelpful rep from Cooper Tires who was not willing to honor any warranty. 50 mins later going around In circles all he could offer was a 10 percent pro-rata credit on the tire. This is because it has travelled 90 percent of its guaranteed mileage, he also went on to say that any extra mileage was a bonus.

My argument was that the tires were in great condition and rotated regularly to prolong the tread life and had a lot of tread and that he should honor the pro-rata based on the fact that the tires are only 27 months old. He refused to offer any replacement and reluctantly reofferd a 10 percent credit. Therefore I will never buy this overrated, underperforming brand ever again. My experience with Cooper Tires was terrible and I should have gone with my gut instinct and bought Japanese tires instead of the American ones which will be going in the bin as soon as I replace them with Dunlop AT22 which Toyota fit at the factory.

Cooper expert review by Lauren Fix

Cooper Tires may not be as well known as some of the other tire companies, but they have a 100-year history in the tire business. Today, Cooper Tires is a global company with over 65 facilities around the world.

• Tire navigator: Search for tires by year, make and model to see a list of options complete with customer reviews.

• Availability: Cooper Tires are sold through most major U.S. tire retailers such as NTB, Big O and Sears.

• Extensive warranty: Though there are limitations, the Cooper Tires warranty covers free replacement under certain conditions, tread wear protection and a 45-day road test period.

• Learning center: Cooper Tires has an extensive area of their website dedicated to education including a video library featuring race car driver Johnny Unser.

• Tire rewards: The Cooper Tires Tire Rewards site offers discounts, specials and rebates on many models of tires.

• Best for: Sports car and high-end vehicle drivers, extreme performance, touring, winter, run-flats, light truck and SUV drivers and passenger vehicle drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Cooper Tires Company Information