1.61/5
  • 1 star
Based on 38 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

46 America's Tires Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I went into America's Tires in Palo Alto. I noticed how clean it was. I discovered it was a new store. I spoke with a rep about my tires. While he inspected them I had time to speak with another rep. They were honest, helpful and I felt they knew their business and how to treat customers. I would return there because I feel I can trust them. Being a female without knowledge about tires I now have a place I can go and feel positive about any purchase.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Bought tires at America's Tires Depot on Rosedale Hwy in Bakersfield, CA. 11,000. Miles and my tire fell apart. I paid extra for the road hazard... Call the main office and they said, "your pass the three year mark, it's not covered." But... If you go back to them (America's Tires Depot) he'll give me a food's eat on tires but will only be good for 30 days. I don't want to pay for another tire, not after that happened.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I purchased new tires and I wanted to buy very good tires so I bought tires which had a 65000 mile rating according to America's Tires representative and stated on their receipt. I also bought their road hazard coverage, etc. After only 35000 miles these tires were worn out. America's Tires wants to sell me new tires and give me a real good deal because they wouldn't last. It is totally unreasonable to have to pay $400 (their "good deal") for new tires only because the tires they sold me were crap. Very unhappy customer.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I spent about 1300 dollars with America's Tire on Balboa Blvd. in Northridge and they didn't put pressure sensors in my tires.They put regular valve stems in. Disabling my tire monitoring system. Rendering my truck unsafe on the fwy. I could lose air pressure and not know it until the tire comes off causing me to swerve hard to the left or right into someone or rolling over. Have been trying to get them to correct their scam of old people like me. But they don't care. They were already paid. Had to cancel my doctor's appts. 50 mile drive on the fwy. My vehicle is not safe thanks to America's Tire.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Long story short the store at Mission Viejo of Margarite is really bad. I had the bait and switch done twice. You order and make the appointment online and order the tires and go there and they say, "sorry we don't have them." We show them the order info and they tell you they have to order them. The managers are no help. Jorge ** and Adrian **. Seems like they can't keep them anyways managers I mean. I will make it a mission to write share the info Instagram, Facebook everywhere. I hope I never have to go back there again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Tires?

Original review: June 22, 2017

First I like to say I have ordered two sets of tires from the Tracy CA store over the last six years and the service was good. However, recently, I attempted to order a set of four for my 2011 Mercedes which has two different sizes. The associate (Greg) told me they had the front two in stock, but would have to order the rears and they would be delivered in about three days. He also told me he would call me when they got in. To make a long story short, I went through this three times with different associates which resulted in the same results and NO ONE EVER CALLED.

The quality of customer service at this store appears to have dropped well below the satisfactory level. It is so bad that when I gave my phone number and name to set up my order, the associate said he couldn't even find my two previous visits in the system. I was patient with America's Tires because of my two previous satisfactory visits and the tires I was trying to order (according to my research) was a great and affordable tire. This went on for about two weeks. In the meantime my daughter suffered a blowout on the freeway while driving my Mercedes so I was forced to buy four new tires from a tire store in close proximity to where we were at the time. Additionally, it has now been three weeks and no associate has returned my call.

Original review: May 7, 2017

I had a completely flat tire when I went to my car in my driveway. Called America's Tires. Said they might replace it. I had to call my roadside insurance to change tire (I'm disabled). Took my car in first thing. A completely flat tire he called low. He checked it and found a 4mm shallow tear. He said they can't fix it. I would have to buy new tire. I told him to check the tire first or I would call corporate. So he did a found it on the thread. No nail. Nothing. Just faulty. They replaced it. Charged me $16. Why? Not my fault. Then I noticed it's not the same tire as my old one. The one I bought was $49 206/65 R15 XL BSW. G-3 VNT brand. Replaced with 205/65 R15 94H SL BSW LS388 SNT Landsail. I will never go back and tell everyone they cheat people. If I hadn't argued I would of had to buy new tire on disability income.

Original review: April 30, 2017

Since I have owned my Ford Expedition and been buying tires from Discount Tire, or America's tire company, each new set of tires comes with free lifetime rotation and wheel balance, but what they don't do is tell you they break all you hubcaps every time they remove them, I have went through 3 set now and I did not catch it the first time they broke them, but now I caught them after I specifically asked the guy at the counter, please make sure they remove my hubcaps correctly and not break them. They looked normal when the truck was given back, that is until you hit the freeway and get home, 2 of the four fell off, the other 2 broken and barely hanging on. This is utterly ridiculous now since a new Ford set cost $100. Do you think they would take responsibility, heck no. I will look for another tire place from now on, never again.

Original review: April 25, 2017

Cheaters. Bought tires from America's Tires and it has 36 month warranty and now my tire were cut and now America's Tires is denying to fix it saying "you should buy road hazard warranty". This is cheating. American Tire depot now is asking me. I should have purchased road hazard so that they could fix the tire.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I was reading some reviews about America's Tires. My experiences with them are much different from other people. Are these franchises or company owned stores? I have had very good experiences with them on several occasions. I had a Camry that picked up a screw through the sidewall. I got the road hazard warranty when I bought the tires. When I got the Camry tires they even gave me a warranty adjustment because they wore out so quickly. They were the original tires that wore out in under 25000 miles. It was replaced quickly and without any hassle. I shop at the store on Rosedale Hwy in Bakersfield.

Today I had 7 metal valve stems installed, 4 on a Ford F-150 with TPMS, and 3 for a tow dolly. The total was barely more than Clerou Tire wanted to charge me for just 1 of the truck tires because they said the sensors had to be replaced instead of using the ones already installed on a new truck with under 900 miles. Funny how America's Tire had the stems in stock and could easily do what Clerou Tire said couldn't be done.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

This is the last straw, never going here again! Every time I come in with a problem tire (needing patch, etc.) they say it's unfixable and try to sell me a new tire. Then I take said "unfixable" tire to another shop and they plug it, no problem. They even had the nerve to tell me this last time "You can take it to a mom & pop shop and get it fixed but we won't fix it." #lostbusiness #customerservicefail #embarassedtosaymyhusbandusedtoworkhere #illtakemymoneyelsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

Elk Grove CA. - During the month of November I went to have my tires rotated. My service guy was Cody. He checked my tires and told me I needed three tires and said he couldn't rotate my tires unless I replace the three bad tires first. I wasn't feeling this guy. Not trusting this person for some reason. I left. On December 6, 2016, I visited America's Tire in Rancho Cordova on Folsom Blvd. My service guy was Carlos. He checked my tires and said I only needed two tires and not three. Of course I didn't tell him at the time that I first went to America's Tire in Elk Grove. This time I inspected all four tires with him and seen that I really only needed two tires and not three as I was told by Cody in Elk Grove.

After the work was completed before leaving I checked all four tires to make sure they were rotated and new tires on. I discovered that they put two different brand tires on my vehicle. I went back in and told Carlos that the tires are mixed brands. The worker came out and apologies and took the car back in and put the correct brand name tires on that I paid for. Inspected my tires again. This time my hubcap on the passenger side back tire was busted. I went back in and talk to Cody. He talked with the worker that worked on my car and he said that it was already like that. I told him he was full of ** and my hub cap was not busted and if so Carlos would had written that down. He said "let me go and talk with Carlos." He came back out after couple mins and said that he said that it was like that. I told him they were full of bull and Carlos knows that it wasn't. I was so heated I left.

The following day I called and ask for Carlos. I spoke with Carlos and told him that I'm no damn fool and he know that my hub cap wasn't busted. He offered to give me another hubcap from the shop. I told him I wasn't going ride around with different hubcaps on my car. So, I told him "I just want you to know and that you know that they busted my hubcap." I hung up! I never had experience nothing like this from America's Tire. Their TRUSTY EXPERTS ARE NOT SO TRUSTY. TRIED TO SCAM ME IN ELK GROVE IN BUYING AN EXTRA TIRE I DID NOT NEED. And Rancho destroyed my hub cap. I'm done!!!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

We chose this company for the prices, options, and they appeared to be genuinely helpful for the first year. Since then we have begun to have problems with the quality of the valve stems and pressure sensors. Every time the sensor goes off when tire pressure is not low or when the tires are low when then shouldn't be they should fix the problem through our extended service plan. They frequently blame the problems on us and refuse to fix it. Sometimes they blame the weather.

This most recent time they lied and claimed to have 'overfilled' the air to above recommended PSI, but a quick check reveals that is not true. They told us again that there is nothing wrong with the tires even though they lose pressure to the point of the light coming on about every 3 weeks like clockwork, not matter what the weather is like. Needless to say, we will not be returning the next time we replace the tires on either of our vehicles. FYI - Our closest America's Tire store is in Fontana, CA on Sierra Lakes. We have not been to any other locations.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR SEATS/RIMS/Paint/Car BEFORE they get a hold of it. Careless workers and manager. Always had good luck with America's Tires, but recently had my leather seat ripped open from the mechanic who kept a sharp tread depth gauge in his pocket as he got in my car. How'd I know it was from the tread gauge? I found it lying in my seat after I was inspecting the new 6 inch rip they left for me.

Took it to them and explained my findings... They say "Nah, that's normal wear and tear. We didn't do that". Um, wow! 3 sets of tires on two cars and this is how they treat your property! He was almost happy to find slight wear marks (wrinkles really) on the seat and said "Oh you see there, it's normal, not us". **!!! Had not ONE tear or rip in my interior. Now it's ** looking. Manager is "willing" to pay up to $100 to have it reupholstered from his "buddy" down the road. My guess is that his "buddy" will say it's $200, manager will "pay $100" and I pay $100 to split it... Only thing is... I bet if I didn't mention America's Tires he'd only charge $100 (amount AT will cover). So he'll say it's $200, charge me the $100 and America's Tires pays nothing. I'm not stupid.

Will update if this turns out for the better, but my guess is that it won't. Will NO LONGER be using these guys. Sad, but them not taking responsibility for damages is not something I tolerate, and I respect my vehicles. They just lost two customers (two cars) that will seek TRUE PROFESSIONALS when it comes to wheels and tires. Use at your own risk now that I see how they respond to damages. Google them, I'm not the only one.

P.s. Double check your invoice or estimates! Was charged for disposal of four tires, I kept two. They still charged me. Was charged for chrome valve stems, which I did not ask for. That's about $15 overcharged, do this to a few hundred people and you got yourself a cash-cow. Don't let their "Tread safety." BS chart sway you into buying tires. These guys try like hell to confuse and "chat-up" the customer while they slide in misinformation. I was told that my tires will wear faster because my car is lightweight. WTF?! That's completely the opposite of real life. Heavier cars wear tires faster, dumb dumb. Again, misinformation.

Before my seat rip fiasco, I brought the vehicle in to have a flat repaired. They did it for free (very cool of them though they used a external plug that leaked later), but tried saying my tread was near "unsafe" area. The guy didn't even use a depth gauge, he eyeballed it and made it up. Tires had less than 20k on them, with completely even wear and they don't even sell that tire there, no way he can eyeball millimeters of depth. What a joke. Don't let them sweet talk you. Listen, think, and speak up.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

I have 3 cars and every year couple times I stop there to check the air, change a tire and so on. Since last year I have noticed some negative changes in their customer service. Today, it was the highlight and turned me off totally from this company. I took my Buick Le Sabre for tire rotation and balance as it is in their tire purchase agreement and warranty. My tires were all in a very good shape as I purchased them from them not long time ago. There is only 20,000 miles on these tires and they should run for 60,000. However, recently, on the road at higher speed (70 miles +) the wheel shakes and that could be the balance. First, when I went there (San Ramon, CA), the guy brought my file on the computer and told me it takes 1 hour 45 minutes, but I can make an appointment at 2 pm to make it faster for you. At 2 pm he said it takes you 1.5 hour! hahaha...

1/2 an hour later another guy brought my car inside and put it on a jack, turned around the car and disappeared for another 1/2 an hour. When he came back walked once more around the car and without touching it, came back to me in waiting room. "Is that your car?" I said, "Yes!" He said "we do not balance or rotate the tire of it. One of the tire is in danger zone!" You must change all the tires. It was with no showing, no checking, no attention to warranty whatsoever. Just in a...manner, as he is facing a hillibilli, not an elderly well educated person. Consequently, I took it somewhere else and had it done. To evaluate them right, there should be 5 negative star and 5 positive star and my evaluation would be the "a Negative 5 star" for America's Tires and not just one star.

Original review: June 8, 2016

We have been customers of America's Tires for several years. Gave them a shot a few years ago with one of our cars and they went out of their way to beat the prices of the local competition. We purchased their replacement certificate warranty for the tires. When we had a problem with a tire, they were prompt and courteous in repairing the tire at no cost. Since then we've now purchased tires for all our vehicles and trailers from them. Highly recommended!

Original review: June 2, 2016

I purchased vintage style Chrome wheels for my 1968 Cougar. The warranty on the receipt stated lifetime structural and 1 year finish warranty. I brought the wheel in within the 1-year time frame and showed them that the wheels had rusted. The tech called the wheel company and after they discussed the problem, I was offered a 10% discount from the wheel company and another 10% discount from America's Tires on my next wheel purchase. I was told that they saw water spots on the wheel so I must not have maintained the wheels properly. I had not been given any instructions on wheel maintenance or details of the wheel warranty. Going to small claims court.

Original review: April 29, 2016

Purchased the Michelin Tires Premier A/S215X55XR17 from America's Tires. I have 70K miles on my ES 350 and I have replaced the tires 3 times. These were OEM tires and unfortunately they seem to wear out very rapidly. They are not even close to the 60K miles warranted by the manufacturer. Each time the dealer has replaced the tires giving me a prorated refund. But I have to pay for the road hazard and install costs each time.

Original review: April 13, 2016

I have been going to this branch of America's tire since it opened and have always been treated kindly by the current managers. We buy tires for export and have always been awarded matched pricing with internet wholesale sources. None of the tires we purchase are ever mounted or balanced and they are all carry out. Today, I went to the branch to pick up some tires we had ordered and found out the last manager was transferred to another store. The new manager did not care to match any pricing I had as he told me that they are a retail store and we need to pay their price if we want to purchase from them. I have never been treated in the manner that I have been today and it is unfortunate that the manager has taken this stand as we do bring them a lot of business on a carryout basis and they will surely miss this.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2015

I purchased 4 new tires for my ford van from America's Tires in Auburn, CA. Horrible mistake. I'm 77 yrs old and don't drive much except to Dr's and so put on inexpensive tires. After 1000 miles, looked out one morning and saw one tire was almost flat. Called America's Tires and they told me to get it over there. I pumped up pressure and started and after about 20 miles, entire sidewall blew right out of tire. When I got to America's Tires they told me it was my fault tire blew out and I had to pay about $40. 2 weeks later looked out and another flat tire in driveway. Took that tire to local tire shop and supposed new stem was no good. At 4,000 miles, look out again and now have my 3rd flat in 4,000 miles. Called America's Tires and they told me to get it right over there.

I got there and employee took info and walked out to van and from about 10' away, he said there was nothing wrong with tire he could see but I had been driving over rocks on construction job. Yah, right. He said he'd get someone to take a look at it. My wife and I sat there over 1 hr and nothing was done. I then told employee I wanted my keys as this was ridiculous. He brought me keys and then handed them out for me and as I reached for them, he yanked them back and started to argue. I then reached right out and snatched them off his hand, hoping his fingers were caught and I could teach him a lesson. Went back to Auburn America's Tires again, and still haven't got flat fixed. Also, the tires were never balanced properly from day one. I now have an appointment with America's Tires in Rocklin, CA to see if they can straighten out this mess.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2015

I went to America's Tires in Salinas CA. Bought 4 new tires, costed me 450 dollars. They told me there was a rebate and it would come in the mail for 220 dollars. I drove on the tires for 2 months, but when I hit a bump rather hard my front passenger tire blew. I went in to them to have it replaced (I hasn't purchased the warranty). They replaced it with another one for 86 dollars. 3 days later I hit the same bump. This time knowing it was coming I slowed way down, slowly moved the car over the bump, (which is actually a curb at work that was put in recently) and when I got out to look at the tire it was still holding air but looked like it had gone through a meat grinder with rubber flapping off of it. I've never had this kind of luck with tires and I've been driving for 30 years. Not to mention, when I take my truck to work that doesn't have America's Tires' tires on it, it takes the curb just fine.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2015

Purchased a new set of tires from them in February 2015. I bought the warranty that comes along with the purchase - paid extra for other stuff. The tires were supposed to be 60,000 miles but not even 800 miles later when the tire driver side shredded to pieces as I was headed to school. I had to contact my insurance for roadside assistance. I also contacted these people to tell them about it. He says my warranty was not going to cover it as I had purchased more tires from them. I purchase more tires from them and gave me again the runaround as I sit here now not being able to go to school because I have no tires and all my money went into these people.

I don't get angry but I do get upset when companies like this use product that is made from some type of material - very cheap. I'm simply upset because I bought the warranty and they did not keep their word. I'm thinking about getting a lawyer because it ruined my room. Also I'm unable to proceed in my education. I am a college kid just trying to make it in this world and for them to hold me back... this is truly unfair.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2015

Appointment not honored. I made appointment for 10:30 AM Aug 8, 2015, America's Tire, Co at 6450 Dublin Blvd. in Dublin, Ca. I came around 10:10AM waited around 20 minutes to talk to service representative. I asked for tire rotation but was convinced by America's Tire employee to change two tiers which I accepted. Went outside and come back after about one hour. Well, my car was still on parking lot and nothing done.

I asked employee why is not ready and how much longer. I was told another half an hour or so. I asked if can be done in next 15 minutes otherwise because my another appointment I will have to cancel service. The manager of this store came and told me that they are so busy he can not do anything sooner. I asked what is appointment for and instead of at least some excuses I've been asked WHAT IS DEFINITION OF AN APPOINTMENT TO YOU?!! Perhaps he should ask himself this question.

If store accepts the appointment should to respect and I do not mind 5 perhaps 15 minutes but not one hour plus late to Start Service. Well the store manager explanation that they are extremely busy is not acceptable because if they can't respect appointment they should not accept or confirm. Nothing is forever and with this approach they might not be so busy soon. It happened 2nd time in this location. First time give or take about two years ago. I moved my service to store in San Ramon and never had the same problem.

It seem that to store manager his time has more value than customer time. Seems very disrespectful. Regards. It was something Vince Lombardi (the first head coach of the Green Bay Packers) was known for. He was a real hard ass and if you didn't show up 15 minutes before the scheduled time, you got kicked off the football team. I did my part. I was 20 minutes early. What about American's Tire? Is Bill Berry President and Chief Executive Officer going to be proud of this?

Original review: July 1, 2015

I bought a set of tires in December 2014 for my Dodge 2500 diesel truck (heavier than gas engine) supposed to be the best and with the longest warranty (70,000 miles) because I work on construction and normally tow heavy loads on my dump trailer and I just went today to get done my routine balance and rotation also because I had a nail on the tires. So I went to America's tire located on 323 Carmen dr. Camarillo Ca. And I explain it to the guy the reason why I was there.

So they "fix" the tires but one of the tires had a nail on a non-repairable zone but they didn't care and didn't told me either. So they installed back the tire with the patch, and was told that was safe to drive. So I asked if was safe to drive it towing a trailer loaded with 10,000 pounds of load in the 5 miles hill that have 7% pitch with that tire. His answer was "totally safe." So I took pictures of the tire and the truck while was on the parking lot, so guess what?? He went to the office and didn't let me go without a new tire!

Original review: April 21, 2015

I went to America's Tire at 2026 Torrance Blvd, in Torrance, CA 90501 (310) 328-6465 and bought two tires. One tire they put on the car and the other tire they put in my trunk as a spare. They told me they were finished. I drove my car home. Later I went to Vons supermarket to buy a few things. I came out of the store and opened my trunk to put my purchased items in there. To my surprise is saw that they had just thrown my tire into the trunk instead of placing it into the recessed slot manufactured to receive the spare tire. To my further surprise, when I began to straighten the tire into its proper place, I found that the workers at America's Tire had destroyed the floor board cover for the recessed tire compartment.

From all indications it appeared as though they had deliberately destroyed my tire compartment cover and left the tire placed standing up in the compartment so I would not miss the destruction they had wreaked in the trunk of my car. It was like a deliberate and disrespectful visual message that they did not care for me, my property or my business. It was done in such a blatant manner as if to say "Yeah we tore up your property and we hope you don't like it."

Original review: Feb. 23, 2015

About one year ago I attempted to use America's Tire Company in Clovis, CA. The manager refused to work on my Dodge Dually because I had a 1" spacer between the dual rear wheels. I explained to him the spacers were installed at the dealership and THEY HAD WORKED ON MY TRUCK IN THE PAST. The manager still refused to touch my truck (without even looking at it). I left and told them to close my account.

Fast forward to last week (~2/17), my wife hit something in the road. This caused a slow leak in the tire resulting in the low air pressure light (TPMS) to illuminate on her dashboard. She was close to the same America's Tire Company I mentioned above and limped it in. To remove the locking lug nut to replace the bad tire, the technician disassembled the entire jack assembly in the trunk to access the special unlocking lug nut (aka: puzzle lock). When finished, he just left the jack and all the jack mounting parts scattered all over the trunk. Just another example of why I will NEVER use America's Tire Company ever again.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2015

Bought two tires at America's Tires in Clovis Ca.. Did not buy road hazard. Goodyear GT Tire left rear went flat, tire had a clamp on tire weight embedded into new tire, as if someone forced tire weight into tire. Went back to America's tires and bought a new tire over $100.00 dollars, now tire has a slow leak and my stem caps that came with custom rims were lost. Also my son owned a 911 Porsche and went to same tire shop in Clovis and bought two new rear tires over $500.00 dollars. Next morning left rear tire was almost flat. Took Porsche back, tire person forgot something on stem, had to remount tire. I will not buy any tires from America's Tire in Clovis again. Very unhappy!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2014

When I bought the tires I was told I need my tires rotated every 4000 to 6000 miles. My car has 5000 miles on it. I took my car to Elk Grove store to get the tires rotated. I was told it has to be rotated every 8000 to 10000 miles since they were busy. So to sell the tires I guess they lied to me or they just didn't want to do it. So next time I guess I have to get in writing.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2014

I have been to the Sierra Lakes Store several times. All the employees have been professional each time. The customer service is great and the installers are fast and efficient. I have recommended the store to several different friends. I won't buy my tires anywhere else. It's nice to see an auto business that doesn't try to sell you things you don't need just to make a buck off of you. I've had horrible service at Good Year. Each time I went there, they tried to sell me things and pressured me to do work that wasn't necessary.

Original review: July 14, 2014

I recently used Americas tires on Rosedale hwy, Bakersfield, CA. After 6-7 thousand miles I brought my car back for the supposedly free rotation and balance. I was told that they would not do anything because the tread wear was too low, and that I needed to buy new tires again. Keep in mind these are about two months old... The tech showed me some wear on the inside edge of front tires only... Not horrible, but smooth... to expect me to buy new tires? I get my alignment done every 6k miles... What does this say about Falken Tires or America's Tires?

America's Tires Company Information