2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

America's Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Tires?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Tires?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I did my homework to find a shop that has the right equipment and also can give a good price. I found America’s Tires, they have a wheel balancer that road force balance the tire. So I brought my car to their shop. Told the service writer that I don’t want a tire that has a road force variation more than 5 pound. I also told him that I want to see the readings in the balancing machine.

When they did my tires, I noticed that the mechanic did not do the road force balance check. I talk to the guy and he said I did it. I work on cars and I told Them what to do. So he went to his service writer. Service writer talks to his manager and gets back to me. He now wants to charge me extra for the road force balance. I told he can’t do that because a good tire does not need to be road force balanced. They did road force balance the tires with no extra charge. I noticed one of the mechanics slamming the machine Seems to me that he does not want to do the job. I left the shop and went for a test drive and the steering shakes on the car, it never did that before because I balanced the old front tires myself. That is the problem of the auto repair industry. I hope we can do something and improve it.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

They set appointment for you after you order your tires. Then they tell you they don't have them after you arrive and upsell you. They actually had my tires off before they told me! Total scam. I have seen this same review over and over by other customers.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Twice I made an appointment and arrived early only the wait over 90 minutes for them to actually start working on my car. I have better things to do than wait around a dirty noisy tire shop. Why bother making an appointment, the walk ins were told they’d be done in an hour. Tires had to be rebalanced, another 90 minute wait. Greasy finger prints left all over tan leather seats.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

They broke the wheel stud on my daughter's car when we took it in just to fix a flat. No offer of help of any kind. Just handed us the broken stud and said we needed to get it fixed. I will never go there again - ever! What a rip off. Now we have to pay up to $135.00 to get it fixed.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I had nothing but trouble with the store. I purchased 4 new tires and within one hour one of them was flat even though I had only driven one block. The staff tried to blame me and my car for the defect but later admitted it was a faulty valve in the new tire. Later I noticed that my wheel cover was missing. I had to purchase another one. I also had trouble with the credit card company. I would never go to this store again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Let me start by saying up front that I was able to put 55,000 miles on these tires, and all is fine. But that doesn't excuse what was done. I was lucky. I have just lost respect and trust for America's Tires (Discount Tire Stores) when I went to replace my tires not long ago. Years before, in 2008, I'd bought what were supposedly brand new Michelin tires, expensive ones as I always put the best I can afford on my car. I remember the guys in the store even being impressed with them, they had to be special ordered. They were very helpful and kind, and I felt I'd been treated well. And perhaps the guys in the store are honest. But the company itself? Not so sure now.

Years later I had my mechanic check the tires during an overall tune-up, knowing I probably needed to replace them at this point. "Yes, they all need to go, but especially those two up front from 2005." He said. "What?!" I asked, stunned. I had no idea how to check the manufacture date on the tire when I bought these (now I do). I wish I'd know back then, and more importantly wish I'd checked it before Id' paid for them or they were put on my car. This complaint is for no other reason than to warn others out there: learn how to look for the dates on the tires, and check all four of them before you pay for them. They sold me two three-year-old tires from 2005 as if they were brand-new, never telling me any different, leading me to believe all four tires were manufactured from 2008, the year I bought them.

This should be illegal. I was lucky - I didn't have a blowout - but as my mechanic pointed out, I could have and should have, as they were so much older than the other two, and the rubber and tread wore out a great deal faster because of it. Even if they were just sitting on a shelf, the rubber still hardens and cracks as they get older, especially several years older. Plus they just won't get the same tread wear and be able to handle the same miles as the new tires will. I'm never shopping with America's Tires (Discount Tire Stores) again, my trust is gone. It's Costco or other tire stores for me.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2019

I think they told me a low price just to get me in the store. "Oops made a mistake. Your tire order is now more." I double checked my order with sales rep. When I showed up for my appointment "wrong" tires were sent to the store. The correct tires would be $122 more. Even after getting the sales rep on the phone who made the mistake they would not honor the price she gave. They found the "correct tires" sitting in the store but after 50 min they could not figure out what to do. I was the only customer in the store.

When the sales rep called me back 1/2 hour after leaving the store. I asked her to email me the name, size, and description of the tire we are taking about so we could avoid any miscommunication. Her description included only the tire size 245 75R16 (no make, model, load range.) DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME! ***This was either intentional and they wanted to bait me into coming into the shop. OR ***Sale person had no idea that tires are not all the same.

Also read that others have ended up with old tires sold new. Check the date codes on the tire. Upon further research the tires that were going to be sold to me are a discontinued tire of Michelin per Michelin web page. They are listed as a current match on America Tires site. I Did not check the date codes but would off before they were mounted. (Offered tires manufactured date code could of been within the last 6 mo as they just discontinued this tire.) Hey, it is a tire job, how bad can a tire company mess it up? If they can't get the order right or stand behind their word how can I rely on them to get the install correct. Think about it at 85 mph. My order number was #**. FYI my order number is **.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I purchased Michelin tires for two cars. One purchase was on 8/09/19, and the second was a few months prior. The Michelin tires are the best but very expensive. Both times I informed the sales people that the tires should not be very old, as some tires they sell sit in the shelf for many years. Well, one set they sold me was four years old, and the most recent that I purchased was almost five years old. The salespeople were giving me spin BS, and one actually started poking the tire, saying the rubber is good!! Porsche dealers that are worth anything, will not service a car if the tires are more than five years old. Mercedes will do the same if the tires are more than six years old.

I purchased these tires in Lancaster, CA. A large sign close to the front door, states that tires older than six years old can be dangerous, and should be replaced!! I actually had to ask four times before I was shown the date of tire manufacture date. But that was only after I paid for the tires. And then the BS spin begins!!! I have been purchasing tires from them more than twenty years — no more!!

Original review: July 15, 2019

I went for tire rotation on my Tesla, there was a possible leak in one of my tires. The salesman took a look at that. He said it can not be patched, I told him to put the tire back. I will take it to Tesla to get it fixed. He said it can not be put back, it is illegal. I told him I will sign against advice and want to take it back. He would not put it back. He forced me to buy the new tire. My question to Consumer Affair is it illegal, why can I sign against advice, and take responsibilities. I will never go to this place again. Costco is the best place for tire needs.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I called America's Tires to ask how much it would be to fix a tire leaking with a nail in it and was told it would be free. When I went to the Simi Valley Ca. location the guy looked at the nail and said it was too close to the side wall and could not be fixed. He then told me that I needed all new tires anyway because the tread was worn too low. I told him that I thought that seemed really odd since the car is only a year and a half old and has 18,000 miles. He told me that was normal for run flat tires. I was skeptical but asked if that meant I would be needing to replace my tires every year or two. He said normally the new cars come with cheap tires that wear out quickly and he could sell me run flat tires that would last 60,000 miles. My car is a Mercedes so it still seemed a little odd to me that they would wear to the point of needing replacement so quickly since I have driven almost entirely on the freeway as I have a 2nd car I use for local driving.

Since I was skeptical of the salesman I told him that I would prefer to just buy one tire of a cheaper quality for the time being as it looked to me like the tread would be fine for another five thousand miles at least. He looked on his computer and told me they actually only sold one tire, the Bridgestone that would last 60,000 miles. I looked him in the eye and said, "You're telling me that America's Tires only sells ONE brand of tire and ONE quality?" He said, "Yes, that is what the computer is saying."

By this point I did not trust him at all and said I would think about it and come back. I went to Jim's Tire of Simi Valley just down the street and told them I had a nail in my tire. They fixed it without saying anything about the tread on the tires or the nail being too close to the side wall and charged me nothing. I went back to America's Tires and told the manager the story and he seemed to agree entirely with his salesman's thoughts. Obviously the salesmen are trained to upsell new tires at any cost. Avoid going to these scam artists.

America's Tires Company Information