4.0/5 (154 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

America's Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Tires?

Original review: May 15, 2022

My boys went to get a flat fix to the store. The person told them to come back in two hours. Later around 6:17. I got a call from the store that, "The tire is fixed. Come get the car as the store will close in 10 minutes." Boys went to get the car. The Guy told them that the tire is not fixable. I reported this matter to fleet manager who was prospecting to get my business set up. No apologies or remorse was shown by the store or the fleet manager. Business is about trust and providing customer service. This store failed to build trust or provide customers service. I wish the store good luck in earning more business and advise them to follow a policy of honesty and fairness.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I am very pleased with the service here. I arrived at 11:45am for a 12:00pm appointment I’d scheduled online after buying 4 new tires. Guillermo and Chris were at the front helping customers/ guests. Since it was near the lunch hour, there were numerous people in line ahead of me. Guillermo was assisting one guest and Chris was making sure to acknowledge any new person that walked into the office. I waited about 10 minutes before Chris looked at my receipt from my phone and got my key. Chris left with my key and then Guillermo made sure to check my ID and my phone receipt again before giving me a paper receipt acknowledging the work would soon be done.

He told me it’d take about 45 minutes even though I had seen all but one bay filled (there are about 10 bays). I assumed it’d take closer to an hour or more and I was okay with that because I had brought my Kindle reader. I told him I wanted to get something to eat at the nearby gas station so he verified he had the correct phone number for me and said I’d get text updates in the case I wasn’t there in the office to tell when they were done. I only waited 25 minutes total! That was from the time I got my paper receipt until the time my car was driven to the front and my key handed over. I only got to read a few pages in my book, ya’all! Now that is some awesome customer service. Great work, guys! PS - The division I went to was the one in Apple Valley, CA.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

I have been buying tires from America's Tires for 20 years now. Most of the time I get good service. I had a bad experience with a guy who basically let me walk away because of his unwillingness to help me with what I wanted to purchase. My previous tires were still under warranty and he didn't want to warranty them out because of a known manufacturer problem that causes the tires to prematurely wear incorrectly, That cost their company 800.00 that day. 1 week later I went to another America's Tires and was able to strike a fantastic deal because this person was willing to take the time to give me all the deals as well as warranty the previous times out the way it should of been. So that other store won my business again. These tires are fantastic!!

Original review: July 30, 2021

Unethical behavior for employee on customer service. Horrible experience, Communication problems. Inability to make decisions. Poor performance. Lacking conflict resolution skills. Quick to blame instead of taking responsibility. Slow reaction to change. Lack of focus and attention to detail. Comfortable with the status quo. Forget about the customer. Accomplish work through themselves, not their team. Lack personal and team accountability.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I did my homework to find a shop that has the right equipment and also can give a good price. I found America’s Tires, they have a wheel balancer that road force balance the tire. So I brought my car to their shop. Told the service writer that I don’t want a tire that has a road force variation more than 5 pound. I also told him that I want to see the readings in the balancing machine.

When they did my tires, I noticed that the mechanic did not do the road force balance check. I talk to the guy and he said I did it. I work on cars and I told Them what to do. So he went to his service writer. Service writer talks to his manager and gets back to me. He now wants to charge me extra for the road force balance. I told he can’t do that because a good tire does not need to be road force balanced. They did road force balance the tires with no extra charge. I noticed one of the mechanics slamming the machine Seems to me that he does not want to do the job. I left the shop and went for a test drive and the steering shakes on the car, it never did that before because I balanced the old front tires myself. That is the problem of the auto repair industry. I hope we can do something and improve it.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

They set appointment for you after you order your tires. Then they tell you they don't have them after you arrive and upsell you. They actually had my tires off before they told me! Total scam. I have seen this same review over and over by other customers.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Twice I made an appointment and arrived early only the wait over 90 minutes for them to actually start working on my car. I have better things to do than wait around a dirty noisy tire shop. Why bother making an appointment, the walk ins were told they’d be done in an hour. Tires had to be rebalanced, another 90 minute wait. Greasy finger prints left all over tan leather seats.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

They broke the wheel stud on my daughter's car when we took it in just to fix a flat. No offer of help of any kind. Just handed us the broken stud and said we needed to get it fixed. I will never go there again - ever! What a rip off. Now we have to pay up to $135.00 to get it fixed.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I had nothing but trouble with the store. I purchased 4 new tires and within one hour one of them was flat even though I had only driven one block. The staff tried to blame me and my car for the defect but later admitted it was a faulty valve in the new tire. Later I noticed that my wheel cover was missing. I had to purchase another one. I also had trouble with the credit card company. I would never go to this store again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

Let me start by saying up front that I was able to put 55,000 miles on these tires, and all is fine. But that doesn't excuse what was done. I was lucky. I have just lost respect and trust for America's Tires (Discount Tire Stores) when I went to replace my tires not long ago. Years before, in 2008, I'd bought what were supposedly brand new Michelin tires, expensive ones as I always put the best I can afford on my car. I remember the guys in the store even being impressed with them, they had to be special ordered. They were very helpful and kind, and I felt I'd been treated well. And perhaps the guys in the store are honest. But the company itself? Not so sure now.

Years later I had my mechanic check the tires during an overall tune-up, knowing I probably needed to replace them at this point. "Yes, they all need to go, but especially those two up front from 2005." He said. "What?!" I asked, stunned. I had no idea how to check the manufacture date on the tire when I bought these (now I do). I wish I'd know back then, and more importantly wish I'd checked it before Id' paid for them or they were put on my car. This complaint is for no other reason than to warn others out there: learn how to look for the dates on the tires, and check all four of them before you pay for them. They sold me two three-year-old tires from 2005 as if they were brand-new, never telling me any different, leading me to believe all four tires were manufactured from 2008, the year I bought them.

This should be illegal. I was lucky - I didn't have a blowout - but as my mechanic pointed out, I could have and should have, as they were so much older than the other two, and the rubber and tread wore out a great deal faster because of it. Even if they were just sitting on a shelf, the rubber still hardens and cracks as they get older, especially several years older. Plus they just won't get the same tread wear and be able to handle the same miles as the new tires will. I'm never shopping with America's Tires (Discount Tire Stores) again, my trust is gone. It's Costco or other tire stores for me.

America's Tires Company Information