3.9/5 (115 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

America's Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Tires?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Tires?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

On 09/26/2022 my Wife and Mother in law visited America’s Tires Santa Rosa, CA location. The purpose of her visit was to get one of her tires fixed or replaced. Two days prior to her arrival, I phoned America’s Tires and explained our problem to them. The man I spoke to said the back left tire should not need to be filled every week and that there was obviously something wrong with it if it drops below 10 PSI after a week's time.

My wife was turned away after a 4 hour wait. This happened because it was my wife who made the 100 mile trip. If I would have taken the car in, I would have received the same great service I had received when I first purchased the tires. But because my wife, a woman, and her Mother, also a woman, brought the car in… they were turned away after waiting 4 hours for help. They were also talked down to by the floor manager. They were made to feel stupid and inferior. They were asked technical questions that they had no idea how to answer and when they couldn’t answer they were turned away. Maybe if they would have called me, a man, I could have answered the questions and they would have helped my wife. But, we live in the mountains and get very poor phone service.

The manager, Chris, and another employee, Jessie, must have made the firm decision not to help my wife before they even heard the facts because once the facts were given to them, all they could do was belittle my wife and turn her away. I don’t do a lot of online reviews. Only when I’ve had exceptionally great service or really terrible service. I received great service at America’s Tires in Walnut Creek, CA. My wife had a terrible experience at the America’s Tires in Santa Rosa, CA. I hope when the corporate office sees this review they take a look at the video camera footage from 09/26/2022 to verify all of this. I’m sure Chris and Jessie will have their own story about how they provided the same service to my wife as they would a man. But they are lying. And every employee and customer in the room knows it.

I encourage other women who have had similar experiences at America’s Tires to speak up and tell their stories. My wife is driving home on a bad tire tonight. 14 Miles of the trip will be on a dirt road with a steep cliff on her passenger side. I’m worried sick and all I can do is hope that she takes it very slow. I need her to get home safe. The sexist behavior has to stop. There are both Men and Women who don’t understand mechanic speak. When I don’t understand something, it often gets explained to me. When a woman doesn’t understand something, she gets taken advantage of. I wish it weren’t true but this is not the last time this will happen to my wife or mother in law. You all know what I’m talking about. Until people at America’s Tires can figure these things out, I implore you to look elsewhere for your tire service. If you must use America’s Tires, send a man to the location.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

Updated on 08/20/2022: Travis from America's Tires contacted me today (8/19) and offered to put a 4th tire on my car at no cost, which I considered to be acceptable customer service after what I went through. He apologized for what happened and was looking to set things straight. However, the disturbing, frustrating and unacceptable customer service actually continued. Here is what transpired:

Travis set up another location (Glendale) for me to go, to have my last tire replaced. Kyle, the manager at the Glendale location called me and set up a time, which was today (8/19). He seemed to be very responsive and customer service oriented and let me know that they would have me out of there ASAP. After about 30 minutes, I started to wonder why they were taking so long, because I saw them drive the car onto the rack. I then went outside and I saw that there was an air cord connected to my new tire. I asked the tech what he was doing and he explained that he was checking the air on all the tires.

This seemed a little odd to me, considering they were all new tires, but I understand protocol. The old tire had been taken off, but the new one wasn't on yet. Then as I looked closer at the tire, I noticed that the tires were labeled "Road Hugger" instead of "Hankook", which is what Josh at the Pasadena location recommended and gave me pricing for yesterday. So now I'm trying to sort this out in my mind, as to why another brand name tire is on my car. Did this location take off my new Hankook tires or did in fact, the Pasadena location install the Road Huggers yesterday? During this time, the tech put on the new tire and I noticed that it didn't have the color stripes on the tread that I saw yesterday.

I inquired about this to the outside service mgr and he said he would check on it. Then both Kyle and the service mgr came back and Kyle apologized, telling me that the wrong tire was accidentally installed. I couldn't believe the dismal service that America's Tires provides and in addition, the tire appeared to be used. And last but not least, I asked both Kyle and the service mgr about the tire brand and that I was under the impression they were Hankooks. The service mgr told me that Hankook made the Road Huggers and that probably the Pasadena location just didn't explain that to me. Kyle agreed with him and continued to explain that they were new tires that Hankook just started manufacturing.

I couldn't take the incompetence anymore and requested a refund for the two tires I purchased yesterday, because now another afternoon was wasted while spending time with the defunct service at America's Tires. While Kyle was checking to see if a refund could be made, I googled the maker of the Road Hugger tires and they are made by Kumho, a Chinese company. I then brought this to the attention of Kyle and he stated that he would have to check, which he did. Then told me I was correct and that they were still good tires. Okay, do I need to continue. However, he gave me a refund for the two tires, which was the least they could do.

Lastly and sadly, per my initial submission, Josh at the Pasadena location, who told me that I never purchased tires from them before and when I showed him the receipt, he said it was because they no longer sell Dunlops. Well, I went on their website and called the location and they do in fact still sell Dunlops. This company is horribly managed and they lie and they purposely give fraudulent information. Had I known that I was buying those cheap tires for $144 each, I would have never agreed to purchase them. I'm not sure if getting these tires for free was worth the effort, time, frustration and stress.

Original Review: This place should win an award for bad management. Both the Store Mgr and the Assist Mgr's attitudes were very disturbing. My dashboard notified me that my back passenger side tire was very low in pressure. Josh (Asst Mgr) goes out to my car for a visual inspection and then tells me the back tires look fine but that I need two new front tires. Is it possible to visually determine how much air is in a tire or maybe he assumed that I didn't know how to interpret a dashboard warning?

I was aware that I did need two new front tires, so I agreed to have the front two replaced and asked about the status of my warranty for my existing tires. He then told me that I didn't purchase any previous tires from them and I let him know that this was the only place I go to for tires. He then again shook his head and repeated again that I did not purchase tires from them previously. I tried to correct him but he was adamant. I had to go out to the car and pull out the invoice from my dashboard and he quickly stated that they no longer sell Dunlops anymore, so that was the reason. Okay, so we moved past that moment of shame and Josh outlined what would be included in the srv and said they would rotate the back tires to the front, put the two new tires on the back and check all tires for correct pressure.

When my car was done, I asked the service guy about the status of the low tire and he told me there was a nail in the tire and that it was repaired. I get on the frwy and my tire pressure gauge pops up again on my dashboard with the low tire now having only 19 lbs. I go back to America's Tires, very upset, and Josh tell me to calm down or he's not going to help me. I lost it at that point, because while Josh was talking, he was acting as if he was going to laugh. He then tells the service guy to put on a new tire, like that was going to make everything okay again. I called into their corporate ofc and the next day the store manager (Mike) calls me but you could readily tell that he's not being genuine and is acting like he's trying to follow up.

I repeated the experience I had and the conversation didn't go well because basically trying to rush through the conversation, while telling me that he will have a talk with the employees. I informed my husband about what happened and he in turn, told his company about the bad service and they will no longer be taking their work vans there. I also told Mike I would Yelp him and he then gave me his full name and spelled it out for me. THANKS MIKE **.

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 9, 2022

Made an appointment the day before (7/7/22). They told me over the phone that the tires I requested would be at the store next day at 1 PM, so we made an appointment for 3 PM. I arrived at 4:30 PM to pick up my car. However, they told me that they forgot to place my car in the system. Then they told me there are two people ahead of me. I reminded them that I had an appointment at 3PM. They did not care. They finally took my car in at 5:32 PM. The store closed, all customers gone and then at 6:12 PM released my car. They claim 30% less wait when you schedule an appointment, but... I applied for their credit card with the promise of a 5% discount that they never gave me. Not returning. (Simi Valley Store on 1st St.)

Original review: May 15, 2022

My boys went to get a flat fix to the store. The person told them to come back in two hours. Later around 6:17. I got a call from the store that, "The tire is fixed. Come get the car as the store will close in 10 minutes." Boys went to get the car. The Guy told them that the tire is not fixable. I reported this matter to fleet manager who was prospecting to get my business set up. No apologies or remorse was shown by the store or the fleet manager. Business is about trust and providing customer service. This store failed to build trust or provide customers service. I wish the store good luck in earning more business and advise them to follow a policy of honesty and fairness.

Original review: March 9, 2022

I am very pleased with the service here. I arrived at 11:45am for a 12:00pm appointment I’d scheduled online after buying 4 new tires. Guillermo and Chris were at the front helping customers/ guests. Since it was near the lunch hour, there were numerous people in line ahead of me. Guillermo was assisting one guest and Chris was making sure to acknowledge any new person that walked into the office. I waited about 10 minutes before Chris looked at my receipt from my phone and got my key. Chris left with my key and then Guillermo made sure to check my ID and my phone receipt again before giving me a paper receipt acknowledging the work would soon be done.

He told me it’d take about 45 minutes even though I had seen all but one bay filled (there are about 10 bays). I assumed it’d take closer to an hour or more and I was okay with that because I had brought my Kindle reader. I told him I wanted to get something to eat at the nearby gas station so he verified he had the correct phone number for me and said I’d get text updates in the case I wasn’t there in the office to tell when they were done. I only waited 25 minutes total! That was from the time I got my paper receipt until the time my car was driven to the front and my key handed over. I only got to read a few pages in my book, ya’all! Now that is some awesome customer service. Great work, guys! PS - The division I went to was the one in Apple Valley, CA.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2021

I have been buying tires from America's Tires for 20 years now. Most of the time I get good service. I had a bad experience with a guy who basically let me walk away because of his unwillingness to help me with what I wanted to purchase. My previous tires were still under warranty and he didn't want to warranty them out because of a known manufacturer problem that causes the tires to prematurely wear incorrectly, That cost their company 800.00 that day. 1 week later I went to another America's Tires and was able to strike a fantastic deal because this person was willing to take the time to give me all the deals as well as warranty the previous times out the way it should of been. So that other store won my business again. These tires are fantastic!!

Original review: July 30, 2021

Unethical behavior for employee on customer service. Horrible experience, Communication problems. Inability to make decisions. Poor performance. Lacking conflict resolution skills. Quick to blame instead of taking responsibility. Slow reaction to change. Lack of focus and attention to detail. Comfortable with the status quo. Forget about the customer. Accomplish work through themselves, not their team. Lack personal and team accountability.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I did my homework to find a shop that has the right equipment and also can give a good price. I found America’s Tires, they have a wheel balancer that road force balance the tire. So I brought my car to their shop. Told the service writer that I don’t want a tire that has a road force variation more than 5 pound. I also told him that I want to see the readings in the balancing machine.

When they did my tires, I noticed that the mechanic did not do the road force balance check. I talk to the guy and he said I did it. I work on cars and I told Them what to do. So he went to his service writer. Service writer talks to his manager and gets back to me. He now wants to charge me extra for the road force balance. I told he can’t do that because a good tire does not need to be road force balanced. They did road force balance the tires with no extra charge. I noticed one of the mechanics slamming the machine Seems to me that he does not want to do the job. I left the shop and went for a test drive and the steering shakes on the car, it never did that before because I balanced the old front tires myself. That is the problem of the auto repair industry. I hope we can do something and improve it.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

They set appointment for you after you order your tires. Then they tell you they don't have them after you arrive and upsell you. They actually had my tires off before they told me! Total scam. I have seen this same review over and over by other customers.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

Twice I made an appointment and arrived early only the wait over 90 minutes for them to actually start working on my car. I have better things to do than wait around a dirty noisy tire shop. Why bother making an appointment, the walk ins were told they’d be done in an hour. Tires had to be rebalanced, another 90 minute wait. Greasy finger prints left all over tan leather seats.

America's Tires Company Information