2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

America's Tires Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Tires?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about America's Tires?

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

This review is in reference to the guys working in the back. The guy that helped me at the front counter provided great customer service, answered my questions, and went over my rims, tires, and sensors (all of which I provided) in great detail. First off, I went to America's Tires because this location had great reviews on Google. This is where Google failed me and you can't always trust reviews.

I brought in my NEW Icon rims (still in box and nicely packaged/protected), Nitto Ridge Grapplers, & OEM TPMS Sensors for my Tundra. I told the front service rep that I just needed to have the tires and sensors installed on the new rims but I would not be placing them on the truck just yet. So the guy said, "No problem" and said, "Do you mind if I take a look at your rims to make sure there's no damage." I said, "No problem at all and thank you for doing that." He inspected each wheel and agreed there's no damage whatsoever. So I pulled my truck around back and they unloaded and told me it'll be about an hour for the tires to be mounted and balanced.

Things took a turn when I got a call from them about 20 minutes into the install. They call to notify me that they broke one of my NEW OEM TPMS sensors because of the poor design of the rim. I figured they're trying to push blame for their mistake but they said they would replace it free of charge. However, I would need to buy a Dill TPMS Band so they won't break the rest now or in the future. I wasn't in the mood to argue and agreed to pay for the bands ($60+). My gut told me to grab my stuff and get out. I wish I had but I didn't. So I know this is my fault. 40 mins later I get a call that my wheels and tires are ready and to pick them up. I was parked a few feet away so I pull up to the garage and they loaded the wheels and tires. I noticed there was white gunk all over the bead section of the rims and spokes but at this point there was two cars waiting for me to move so they can enter their garage.

They didn't give me time to check the rims and again I am at fault. I got home and figured I'd wash the rims with some soap and water so I can store them in the garage until my truck build is finished. I removed the white gunk with my finger since water alone wasn't doing anything and that's when I began to notice that there's a hairline scratch across the entire bead of the rim. This is where I begin to lose my **. I said maybe it's just one rim and the others are ok. I was wrong. All 4 rims have the same hairline scratch around the entire bead of the rim and noticeable since the rims are satin black. It went down into the paint so it's not something I can buff out. They didn't tell me nor notify me that they had scratched my brand new rims

I can only assume they didn't clean the gunk off so I wouldn't notice the scratches until I got home. I call them during my break and speak to a guy who answered the phone. He said that I should have checked them before leaving and now it is too late since now they're under my responsibility and I could have caused the damage myself during transport. Yup, I made a perfectly hairline scratch across the entire radius of all 4 rims that matches their tire machine. I'm in Marketing and if you state "If ever you're not satisfied, Please feel free to bring it back" and don't stand by it... You are false advertising. Corporate will hear about this. I'm sure nowadays... I'll get nowhere but I can always take my business and money elsewhere. You can too.

The purpose of this review is to let YOU (the consumer) know the chances this will happen to you and they won't stand behind their work. I literally paid these guys to mess up my rims. I take full responsibility for leaving without checking my rims first. I am 100% at fault for not doing so. No other choice but to live with it. However, I've been swayed away from businesses even for a few bad reviews. If this does the same for you then I've done my job and you should be thankful you've stayed away. There's always other shops that are willing to pick up where America's Tires left off.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

They removed the lug nuts on my car with the wrong size socket and damaged them. They made me pay to replace them. They do not accept responsibility for their actions. I've been a customer of theirs for over 10 years so I am very disappointed that I will no longer be buying tires from them in the future.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

I have three different lug nuts and wheel stud seized and stripped after taking my car there for tire rotation. They always blamed it because of the high mileages and torque tensions on the wheel lugs. That's B.S. because it always happens right after the tire service there. The guys there are just lazy to hand torque the lug nuts instead just use the impact gun to screw it in.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Large tire companies work on a theory of add on sales. For instance if you need a flat repair they will start with a tread depth on your tire and size and mileage. Why? Because they prey on the average consumer who does not know anything about tires. They intend to do whatever they can to lead you down the road to spend more money. Remember, sales people normally work on commision. How do you solve this? Educate yourself. Unfortunately they tried this on me and I owned and managed one of the largest tire centers and retread facilities in the Houston, Texas area.

I worked for Uniroyal Merchandising and I and they taught add on sales. They prey more on women than men using a strong approach that alludes "you may not be safe." Try the local tire company that has been there for years. A tire leaking air can be fixed or not be fixed. Know when it can't be fixed. Do not let them lead you into a situation where they convince you a tire cannot be fixed. Thanks Trevor. And also, I am an attorney.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

So they sold me New Tires when I only needed one. That was fine they said I had a warranty on the tires which I always purchase. Bought on 12-4-17 flat on 12-26-17. They treated me like I was not a customer. The store manager ANTHONY told me I should leave the store when I complained about not having coverage. My reply was with a flat??? Sad worse experience of my life. Ladies and Gentlemen beware. Montclair America's Tires.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

America's Tire Store (CAL 05) Hawthorne Blvd., Torrance CA. December 12th, 2017 approx. 4 pm PST. I brought my two new tires for installation. Walked in. Quoted $40 to Install each tire + $60 lifetime balance and rotation. Asked "hmm are you sure? I thought it was around $15 +$5 with TPM?" Young employee stuttered, "that'll be $30 each tire". I left and called another location. They quoted "$19 dollars a tire with lifetime balance included!" C'mon! I have been going to Discount Tire (named different in other States) for over 20 years. You had a great tradition with me and my father. I believe I was judged for driving a BMW and quoted high (and lied to). I already had another shop install them.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I went into America's Tires in Palo Alto. I noticed how clean it was. I discovered it was a new store. I spoke with a rep about my tires. While he inspected them I had time to speak with another rep. They were honest, helpful and I felt they knew their business and how to treat customers. I would return there because I feel I can trust them. Being a female without knowledge about tires I now have a place I can go and feel positive about any purchase.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I purchased new tires and I wanted to buy very good tires so I bought tires which had a 65000 mile rating according to America's Tires representative and stated on their receipt. I also bought their road hazard coverage, etc. After only 35000 miles these tires were worn out. America's Tires wants to sell me new tires and give me a real good deal because they wouldn't last. It is totally unreasonable to have to pay $400 (their "good deal") for new tires only because the tires they sold me were crap. Very unhappy customer.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I spent about 1300 dollars with America's Tire on Balboa Blvd. in Northridge and they didn't put pressure sensors in my tires. They put regular valve stems in. Disabling my tire monitoring system. Rendering my truck unsafe on the freeway. I could lose air pressure and not know it until the tire comes off causing me to swerve hard to the left or right into someone or rolling over. Have been trying to get them to correct their scam of old people like me. But they don't care. They were already paid. Had to cancel my doctor's appts. 50 mile drive on the freeway. My vehicle is not safe thanks to America's Tire.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Long story short the store at Mission Viejo of Margarite is really bad. I had the bait and switch done twice. You order and make the appointment online and order the tires and go there and they say, "sorry we don't have them." We show them the order info and they tell you they have to order them. The managers are no help. Jorge ** and Adrian **. Seems like they can't keep them anyways managers I mean. I will make it a mission to write share the info Instagram, Facebook everywhere. I hope I never have to go back there again.

America's Tires Company Information