Cirro Energy

Compare Texas Electricity Companies

Research top Texas Electricity Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have talk to a couple of people and they have had terrible attitudes. It makes me not ever want to use their services. I think they need to go and reevaluate their policies and handbooks because they need to know customers are first. My bill came out same time every month but, for the life of me I didn't understand how they did they billing. Some months the big was one amount the next month it would be double the amount. I think they feel just because most of didn't have a choice but, to use them that we have to take what they gave us and that was terrible services. They wasn't reliable and once again it goes back to that they think because we have to use them then they treated us like what we said went in one ear and out the other.

Cirro costs less than TXU and is more honest. Easy to contact, honest answers and pleasant customer service reps. I would never go back to TXU and probably wouldn't consider changing to another electric service company. Love the lower cost per kwh and friendly reps who answer questions simply and honestly. Bills show usage and make it easy to verify that promised contract rates equal billings. Excellent values per bill, reliable service and no problems. When compared to other providers in my area, Cirro beats them all by up to 60%. Any power outages at my house are quickly resolved and service is restored ASAP. Cirro provides reliability equal to or better than other companies.

Service is great. Rep take time to listen and help you with your problem. Very seldom get recording or computer. Customers service is four star ratings to me. I can honestly say through my experience i have had only a couple errors appeared on my bill. They were handled quickly and effectively each time. This energy is worthy of the price you pay. I have no complaints and would highly recommend it as the fuel of the future. I would also recommend that a wider market be opened so that others may sample for themselves. A very reliable service. Very few interruptions if any. Very safe and environmental safe. Cost less per unit to use then electronic energy thus saving consumers money overall.

The customer service was great. They answer all my questions and concerns in a timely manner. The bill accuracy was on point. No strange changes or anything out of the ordinary. The value of this was great. Definitely worth the price I shopping around. They were very reliable and friendly. No issues with them at all. Thank you very much and I would recommend this to anyone and use them again myself if needed.

They have attitudes all the time and don't like to help. They seem they don't know what they are doing or talking about. Such a failure of a company. Too expensive and have a lot of hidden fees. They suck. I would not recommend them at all. They are the worst company I ever used. I wish I could turn back and never use them at all. This company is not reliable at all. They have you on hold for long. They don't resolve any issues and they charge you way too much. Not good at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cirro Energy?

Incredibly disappointed with the customer service department. After canceling our service because we sold our house, we got a bill that was ABSURD! Nearly $400 for a month when no one even lived in the house. Been with this provider for almost 2 years now with no problems until they updated their system which somehow affected my billing and no one from their customer service can explain to me what happened. No more worrying about missed payments and late fees. Auto Pay saves you time and money by automatically withdrawing monthly payments from your designated bank account or credit card. And there's no extra charge. Say hello to consistent electricity bills and goodbye to price shock with Average Billing. "We'll bill you an averaged amount each month, so you can manage your budget with ease." So as the seasons change, your bill will stay affordable.

Customer service is somewhat nice depending on who you are talking to. One l had problems with refused to let me talk to her superior then hung up. As far as l know it was accurate but my rates were not the best rates. I tried to get switched to a better rate but they refused. We switched when our contract was up. Naturally rates dropped while we were on a contract so that sucked. We tried to switch to one of their better rates but was denied until our contract was up. Once they turned off our electricity in winter on one of the few cold nights and days in Texas. Our bill was paid but it took all the next morning to get that thru to them. We finally got electricity back but l had a sick child from it!

Have been a customer for about three years and have not had any issues. The billings always reflect the agreed to contract, and it's always been the same. They have nice online payment system. You should always use a fixed rate contract that covers the summer months (ie 6 months at least). Cirro will let you renew early if the price drops. With low Nat gas prices, electricity rates should be trending lower from here. Great prices. Customer service can be hard to reach sometimes. Many of the employees have hard time answering our question over billing statements.

We have been with Cirro for over three years. We have signed up for different term lengths and they've all worked out well for us. The rates are always very competitive. Their customer service is fair too. Once when they switched computer systems our bill pay didn't go through and we got charged a late fee. They got it straightened out and even though it was inconvenient they were nice along the process. Then recently I paid my bill late for the first time. I called because there was a disconnect notice fee on my bill that I felt wasn't fair because I had paid before that was mailed out and it was the mailer system's fault. Not only did the rep remove that fee but also the late fee. I'm sure if I was late on more bills they wouldn't do that, but I just thought it was so nice that they would "forgive" my one late fee. Cirro combined with ONCOR (the service provider?) has been great and we have no plans to change from Cirro!

I have been with Cirro for 18 months after I moved and used auto pay since the beginning and never had a late or non payment. In October 2014, my credit card company sent us a new card (and account number). I went to the website and updated with the new information for which I never received an email. A month later I received a disconnect notice. Turns out the website did NOT update my information and they attempted to charge my old cc. When it didn't go through, they did not notify me and tried again 13 days later. When it did not go through the second time, they sent me a disconnect notice. When I called them to pay it, I was told that I have been locked from any further cc payments until May as well as AutoPay due to TWO non payments.

I asked to have someone call me so that we could discuss and no one did. I emailed twice and received a nice auto response that someone would contact me back within 24 business hours. Never got a real email back. I also called today to pay another bill and the phone number is incorrect. I know I have corrected it a couple of times on the website, but obviously their website does not like updates to your account information. I also asked to have my confirmation emailed to me. I was told they are not allowed to email account information and he could only give me a confirmation number (not even email me the confirmation number).

Their website is constantly down for "maintenance" which makes it difficult to actually review your bills and use the website. Especially at 10 pm when I finally have time to sit down and do anything after the kids go to bed.

So if you pay bills the old fashion way (wait for your paper bill, write them a check and place it in the mail) then Cirro will work for you. If you actually use websites, like electronic billing and want a company that is not in the dark ages of the online world then avoid Cirro regardless of the great rate plans they offer. At this point any rate savings I received are offset by my late fees. I'm switching and paying my cancellation fee to break my contract early. Paying the cancellation fee will be worth it to avoid the hassle and frustration that I'm experiencing.

I renewed my contract with Kinetic Energy on 1/25/12 and have e-mail confirmation. On 2/10/12, billing was moved to Cirro energy. I have an e-mail from Kinetic dated 1/5/12 saying that the change was going to happen but that I did not need to do anything because my contract would remain in place. On 6/14/12 I went online to change my form of payment and there was a note that said my contract had expired. I called Cirro and spoke to Jessica who had terrible customer service skills and basically just kept repeating that it was not their fault because Kinetic had given them the wrong information.

I asked to speak to a Supervisor and she said that they would tell me the same thing. I insisted on speaking to someone and she put me on hold for a very long time only to come back on and say there was nobody I could talk to and she would send them a message to call me but they had 24-48 hours to call me back, but no one ever called me. I also have confirmation that I was on average billing with Kinetic but she said they had no record of that, so my bill is $70.00 higher than what I pay every month.

I was a Kinetic customer for 3 years and got nothing but wonderful service from their customer service department the few times I did have to call. This customer service was unbelievably awful! I am a Customer Service Manager and it is just unbelievable that people can act this way towards their customer! I did not ask for Kinetic to move to Cirro and had I known they had such terrible service and would not honor my contract, I never would have renewed with Kinetic, but I have the e-mail saying that I did not need to do anything as my contract would remain the same. They are crooks!

I would like to know how to protect myself next time. I was told over telephone that I would have a year contract where a certain percentage kilowatt charge would be fixed. I now notice that Electric Company failed to abide by their end of this contract. How do you get a large company to send you a company of what was agreed upon? Then I am having problems with the other companies I might want to use instead making my credit questionable by Companies seek to verify if I have good credit approval. I complained one time about how wrong both companies failed to restore emergency power to me & neighbors on my line and I noticed electric folks retaliated by overcharging me on that month's bill as well as the rest of the years. I have nowhere to turn. The attorney general sent me to the PUC. The PUC says they can't go into the recorded contract I agreed to with Cirro Energy. And I can't get protection from the abuse the former TXU placed upon me and my family's home.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Cirro is an NRG company that provides electricity to Texans. The company has plans that cater to both residential consumers and businesses.

• Parent company: Because Cirro is now a part of the NRG family, customers have access to the resources of a Fortune 500 Company that serves the entire state of Texas.
  • Plans: Cirro is known for offering a range of plans that help customers save money, including fixed and variable rate plans.
  • Eco-friendly: Cirro Energy offers plans that provide electricity with 100 percent green sources.
  • Bureaucracy: Because Cirro has been acquired by NRG, the company feels larger and there are more bureaucratic offices and services to deal with.
  • Online presence: Cirro Energy’s web presence is not as extensive as many power companies in Texas.
  • Best for Residential customers, small businesses, midsize and big businesses

Compare Texas Electricity Companies